The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fic: [AU] Racing The Rain (UPDTED: 4/07/12)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:59 pm 
5. Willowhand

Well that was... gratuitous.

Adorable that Willow can't seem to focus though it does kind of suck that she has to lock herself away from Tara to get anything done.

Quote:
Willow, unfortunately, didn’t have people and was starting to feel the pressure and backlash of her having a megawatt girlfriend.

I was wondering how this was going to be addressed. I mean it has to come up at some point right? Hopefully they can handle it. Wait, what am I saying? Of course they can! Silly me. It was quite cute how Tara snuck over to be with Willow after her nightmare. Nothing like the comfort of curling up next to the one you love. Aww...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:48 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Willow was lying on her stomach across her bed, “Finally,” She said out loud as she highlighted the last line on the page. It was a small moment of relief that quickly passed when she realized that she’d inadvertently highlighted every single sentence on the page, instead of just the important points.

Ah, this takes me back to when I was a student, having to write long essays on subjects that I hadn't even read up on. Somehow I still passed as well.

You have to feel for the girls having their lives taken over by the media because Tara has finally come out. Such a crazy world. At least knows when to say enough is enough and kicks everyone out after they impose on her home life too much.

I've always wondered what, exactly, is the difference between an agent and a manager. Don't they do the same kind of job, find suitable roles for thier clients and get them those roles and a nice pay packet?

Such a sweet scene when Tara sneaks into Willow's apartment late at night just to be with her girlfriend.

I agree with BuffyFan4Ever over the incident of Willow being followed into the ladies by a male reporter. Didn't anyone even notice this guy entering the ladies toilets in the first place.

A short but sweet chapter with some awesome smut at the end between our girls.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:09 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay for update-y goodness! It's great to see the girls back in L.A. even if its been a bit of a media circus. I'm glad Tara ended up kicking everyone out and then sneaking into Willow's :) Best morning surprise ever! Can't wait to see what's next!

~Leo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:02 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Hey, Shelby!

Really excited to see an update! :pinky :eatme :party :bounce :grin

Loved the "bathroom interview" poor Willow! Not exactly the fun way to be famous! :wink

This was the ALL HOT ISSUE and girlfriend, you delivered! Their lovemaking WAS lovemaking in the best sense of the word but that lovely detail of Tara going down on Willow just set the blood singing in my veins - with a woo and a hoo for that one!

Surgery tomorrow a.m. and I will carry this lovely vision, believe me!

Ariel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:39 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Well it's a good thing Tara's out or she would have to worry about someone following her over to her girlfriend's house at 2:00 in the morning. Nothing like some nice snuggles and morning sex to take the edge off. Tee hee.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:52 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Hi Shel! So glad to see you back. Hope all is going well. Lately I got the urge to frolick among all the great stories in the Pens archives, and well, I kinda got lost in there for a while. But I'm back now, and so happy to see our girls are finally back home. Boy, what a zoo. I feel so sorry for them, especially Willow, but I think she may want to rethink having some of her own security or at least someone to watch her back so she can pee in peace. That's Crazy!!

Looks like real life is making it hard for them to be together right now, and that makes everything that much worse. I like how Tara was able to sneak off (at least I hope she did) to Willow's without being followed. What a nice surprise for Willow, and she sure seemed to enjoy it. :heart

Great job. Can't wait to see what's next.

Wimpy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:56 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Wow, things are getting out of hand with the scumbag paps. Willow is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I hate that the night terrors have started up again. But, at least Tara has Willow to help her thru it all. I'm really glad Tara escaped the madness of her life in the spotlight. Even if it was just for the night. Seems like it was exactly what both girls needed.

Morning, wake up sex......... :whip HOT!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:46 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
BuffyFan4ever
Willow is feeling a ton more pressure than Tara right now and I think it will probably continue for a while. Her final semester’s going to be tough on all fronts.

Following someone into the restroom isn’t normal and is borderline stalking, but it’s college and I don’t think Willow wanted to bring any more attention to herself in the press. So, that’s why she choose to handle it on the DL. I think going forward, if it continues, she’s going to have to rethink her plan.

Thanks for the feedback!!

zampsa19752001
Willow got lot’s of study time, but you know how she is…it’s never enough! Tara’s bad dream was just some of her pent up anxiety from being endlessly followed by Papparazzi all week and also from being Willowless. They are slowly spending more and more time together and I think after the last week, will probably make more of an effort.

Thanks for the feedback!

taranwillow4ever
Glad you like it! Here’s more!!!

Thanks!

fhiwda
Umm hmm, steamy is good!

Thanks!

Beautiful_love
Hi Jess!

I think we’ve all been there when we need to just lock ourselves away to concentrate. Hopefully it’s not something that will continue.

Willow’s safety will continue to be an issue, because she’s just not used to having to worry about it, but I think that will change fairly soon.

Thanks for the feedback!

willowtaralover
Hiya Rick!

I look at celebrities being followed and photographed and it all seems so awkward and uncomfortable. I recently watched a video of Aly, Alexis and Sati sitting on a bench and even though Aly was smiling, Alexis looked a tad pissy. I’m sure it gets irritating.

There is a fine line between agent, manager and publicist. The agent gets the jobs, the manager sorta keeps it all straight and the publicist spins it. I think, but how the hell would I really know, lol. :p I have a friend that owns an agency in Hollywood and he says, it all kinda blends together.

Nothing better than to wake up and find your girlfriend in the bed. :blush

Thanks for the feedback!

leos_pride
I think the circus will die down, because the more out in the open they are, the less anyone will care.

Yep, gotta love those unexpected morning surprises!! :p

Thanks for the feedback!

Ariel
Hi Julie!!

Glad you liked the update and very happy that the surgery went well!! It had been awhile for them being together, together, and they really needed to reconnect. Sometimes real life does get in the way and you have to fight for that all important special time together.

Thanks for the feedback!

JustSkipIt
I think the only reason she wasn’t followed is because it WAS 2am, otherwise, I’m sure she wouldn’t have gotten away with it. Yep, gotta love that morning sexy time. :blush

Thanks for the feedback!

wimpy0729
So, what did you read in the archives? Any recommendations??

Celebrity is definitely a circus atmosphere and I can see how so many get lost. The attention is pretty ridiculous, especially when it gets thrust upon you virtually overnight. This will be challenging for Willow going forward.

Nothing like a sexy wake up call!! :blush

Thanks for the feedback!

Grimm
Yep, Willow is stuck. It’s awfully hard for a co-ed to be running around campus with a posse, lol, but I think Willow is going to need someone to watch her back. These people have zero boundaries.

I don’t think Tara had a ‘night terror,’ it was more unconscious anxiety from being relentlessly follows by the paps. At least let’s hope that’s all it was. Reagrdless, Willow definitely helped her through it… :p

Thanks for the feedback!

UPDATE DIRECTLY BELOW

Post subject: Re: Fic: [AU] Racing The Rain (UPDTED: 4/29/12)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:48 pm 

TITLE: Racing The Rain

AUTHOR: Finey_McFine

RATING: R

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy. ALL other original characters belong to me! This includes: Willow’s siblings and teammates, plus Tara’s friends and co-workers. Mention of any ‘real’ people in this fic is brief and pure fantasy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU! Set in LA with lots of W/T fluff and some angst, but no Hellmouthyness; just good old regular day-to-day drama. Willow is attending college on an athletic scholarship and Tara is Hollywood royalty. They meet and fall in love, of course, but will they be able to survive the pitfalls of a public romance? Well, you’ll just have to read and find out! ;-)

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hi Everyone and Happy Sunday! This chapter is completely unproofed, so I’m sure I made a few mistakes, even though I re-read it probably 10x. Just shoot me a PM and I’ll be happy to fix them. ;-) Enjoy!

Chapter 61: Last Time Around

“Tara!?” The redhead shouted to her lover, who was busy in the bathroom doing her hair.

“Yes baby?” The blonde responded.

“Do you have a camera I can borrow for tonight? I forgot mine at the apartment and I don’t think we have time to stop and pick it up.” Willow was standing over Tara’s bed staring aimlessly into the mess she’d made. In her frantic search for the camera, she’d dumped the contents of her duffle bag and then only after the mess was made, had she remembered that it didn’t get packed.

“Check in my closet, in one of the big drawers!” Tara called out.

Willow stepped into Tara’s closet and sighed deeply, as much time as she’d spent at her girlfriend’s house, she was unfamiliar with the closet and slightly intimidated by the space. The custom built closet was huge, nearly as big as the living room in Willow’s apartment and by most standards, every girl’s dream. There was an entire wall dedicated just to shoes; shoes that were meticulously organized by style and color. The racks of clothing were also organized much the same as the shoes. Intermixed between the clothes racks were shelves and drawers. There was even an island in the middle of the space with multiple drawers and a built in plush sofa style bench.

Willow glanced around and saw that the largest drawers were underneath sets of smaller ones in different locations. She didn’t want it to seem like she was rifling through Tara’s things, but since the blonde hadn’t been specific, Willow had no choice but to start randomly opening drawers. The first two drawers contained miscellaneous sweaters and winter type accessories. The third drawer stopped Willow cold. The redhead’s eyes grew wide as she reached in and pulled out the sexiest black negligée she’d ever seen. The baby doll top was sheer and lacy with matching skimpy tie-side panties. “Ooohhhh wow,” She breathed holding the top and panties up in front of her. She set them aside when something else in the drawer caught her eye; a pair of silky red garter straps that were attached to lacy boy-shorts and folded up with a seductive black and red velvet lace up corset. Willow had squatted down to look through the drawer and nearly fell over when she started to sway as she rubbed the material between her fingers. The redhead was lost in thought and practically drooling with a sly smile plastered across her face as she pictured Tara dressed in the sexy lingerie.

“Will, you do know that’s not a camera…right?”

“Tara!” Willow squealed as the panties and garters went flying and she jumped to her feet. “I, I…well you see, I-I-I was looking for the camera and you never said which drawer and I just happened to open this one and well, HELLO! There was all this black lacy goodness and I was just looking under it to see if there was a camera hidden in there and well, th-there wasn’t and I really was not getting nosey or touching your private things, because hey none of my business and why are you smiling? And looking at me with that adorable eyebrow thing you do? And holy moly, you look…fucking amazing!” Willow exclaimed wide eyed, as she slapped a hand over her mouth.

Tara snickered, crossing the distance between them and pulling Willow’s hand down. “You look fucking amazing yourself and if you play your cards right,” Tara paused, pressing her mouth to Willow’s and running her tongue across the redhead’s lips, “I may just look even more fucking amazing later.” The blonde breathed as she grabbed the garter and panties from where they landed and dangled them in front of her speechless girlfriend.

“What’s the matter baby, garter got you tongue?”

“Tara Maclay, you vixeny tease!”

Tara laughed hardily, wrapping her arms around Willow’s neck and pulling her close. “Today was wonderful.”

“Umm hmm, perfect, just like you. I wish we could spend everyday naked in bed,” Willow swooned as she kissed her girlfriend.

“Unfortunately, we have lives sweetie and a banquet we’re about to be late to,” Tara pointed out.

Willow glanced at her watch, “Shit…camera?”

“Over here,” Tara pointed to the forth and final drawer.

“Always the last place you look…” Willow mumbled as she bent down; opening the drawer and pulling out the smaller of the three camera’s she found. “Is this one ok?” She asked as she held it up.

“Um hmm,” Tara replied, “Bring the cord, just in case. We can charge it in the car on the way.”

“Ok, let’s get going, I don’t wanna be late.”

As they entered Tara’s room, Tara frowned when she saw the mess on the bed.

“Don’t ask, I’ll take care of it when we get back.” Willow said, giving Tara a reassuring peck on the lips and pulling her out the door.

“So, the Beverly Hilton? Pretty swank.” Tara said as she navigated through traffic on the always-busy Santa Monica Boulevard.

Willow nodded, “Yeah, I think they choose it because it’s close to campus. Plus, it’s easy for out of town parents that want to attend.”

Tara cocked her head, “Your parents didn’t want to come?”

“Oh, not for this one, but they’ll be here at the end of the season for the big one in May.”

Again, Tara eyed Willow curiously. “The big May awards ceremony is the naming of the All American Team, plus the winner of the LA Sportswoman of the year and the USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year. It’s a pretty big deal and the big lead up to the Honda Cup and Team USA.”

“What’s the ‘Honda Cup?’”

“It’s an award that recognizes accomplishments made in women’s collegiate sports and it’s handed out in twelve different sports. It’s huge, because it automatically puts you in the running for Collegiate Female Athlete of the Year and that’s a pretty big deal.”

“Sounds like it, have you ever won?”

Willow shook her head, looking a bit dejected, then immediately snapped herself out of it, “No, not yet at least, but all I can do is keep trying. Anyway, it’s not my main objective, I mean…I don’t go into the season thinking, ‘I gotta win that award!’ If it comes, it comes and if it doesn’t, then it just wasn’t meant to be.”

“So, then what is this dinner all about tonight?”

“It’s a booster club acknowledgment thing-y for fall ball and a kick off for the regular season, blah, blah.” The redhead said as she waved her hand in the air.

Tara chuckled to herself, noting that Willow apparently feels the same way she does about industry events. “You think you’ll get any awards?”

Willow shrugged her shoulders, “Probably, I had a pretty good fall and I’m sure I’ll get the academic stuff since I think I made the Dean’s list again, but tonight’s mostly about bringing us together as a team and celebrating the holidays. You know, dinner, awards and blah, blah-”

“And blah, blah?” Tara said with a smirk.

Willow shook her head at her girlfriend and laughed, “Yes, the all important blah-blah,” She joked and grinned, sticking her tongue between her teeth and grinning widely.

“There you go again, all with the adorableness; I may just have to turn around and take you home,” Tara smiled seductively, raising an eyebrow.

“Always with the promises…”

“Willow…Tara! Hey you guys, over here!” Stacey called out as she waved in the couple’s direction.

Willow was relieved and happy to see her friend. From the moment they walked into the hotel, all eyes had been upon them; from the hotel guests to the staff, she felt as if she was drowning in a sea of stares. Willow was still getting used to the attention and it was still making her somewhat uncomfortable, especially at a dinner that was for a ‘team.’ With all the stares and the ballroom going virtually silent when they entered, she was feeling like the proverbial ‘I’ in team.

Tara, on the other hand, either didn’t care or never noticed. She strode with confidence, smiling and making eye contact when necessary. She was in her element and had gone into ‘public Tara mode,’ as Willow had recently dubbed it. Tara knew that these situations still made her girlfriend uncomfortable and she would occasionally give Willow’s hand a reassuring squeeze or lean in and whisper something soothing in her ear.

As the two women made their way across the crowded room, filled with coaches, administrators, and Willow’s teammates, people would stop talking and then begin whispering; causing the redhead’s nervousness to increase. All she wanted to do was, make it to Stacey, sit down and blend in.

“Hey, there’s Stacey and Kurt!” Willow said excitedly as she returned the wave and pulled Tara towards the table.

“Will!” Stacey exclaimed as she pulled her friend into a giant hug, “Gosh, I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve seen you!”

“Yeah, like two days ago forever, doofus.” Willow said as she pulled away from Stacey. “Hey, Kurt. Long time no see you. Where have you been hiding?”

“Well, Stac doesn’t let me out much. By the way, you look incredible tonight!”

Willow blushed, “Thanks, Kurt this is my girlfriend, Tara. Tara Maclay…Kurt Mitchellson.” Willow said as she introduced her girlfriend to Stacey’s boyfriend. Secretly, Willow loved introducing Tara to new people; she loved saying ’my girlfriend Tara.’

“Hi Kurt, it’s nice to finally meet you.”

“Wow, it’s really nice to meet you.” He gushed, as Willow and Stacey both rolled their eyes. “Um, I wanted to thank you for getting us into Spago. It was fantastic and everyone was so nice.”

“Oh, you’re welcome, anytime.” The blonde smiled as Willow ran her hand across Tara’s back. She couldn’t seem to ever keep her hands off Tara.

“So, we saved you guys a couple seats, but you may not want to sit with us when you find out who else is sitting at the table.” Stacey met Willow’s eyes and gave her a knowing look.

Willow’s face fell, “Are you kidding me?”

“Nope.” Stacey replied stoically.

Tara looked at Willow questionably, “Morgan, she’s at our table.”

“Oh,” Tara said with a look of concern.

“Hey Will, I’m sorry, it’s kind of my fault,” Kurt interjected, “Stac went to the restroom and she asked if the seats were taken, I said no…”

“It’s okay Kurt, you didn’t know. Besides, I can’t avoid her forever, especially given the circumstances.” Willow said as she turned towards Tara, “Baby, are you okay with us sitting here, because if not we can sit at another table.”

“I’m fine love, but it’s not me I’m worried about.”

Willow smiled slightly and nodded, “I think it’ll be fine. She won’t do anything dumb with all these people around and if she makes it super uncomfortable, we’ll just change tables…I guess. Plus, it’s-it’s a big table right? And I’m not gonna, not sit with my friends because of her, she’s not gonna push me out a-and make me feel out of place, no siree!”

Tara giggled at Willow’s babbly attempt to pump herself up and grinned widely. “So, we’re staying here then?” She asked as Willow nodded in return just as Morgan and Sarah returned to the table with drinks.

Morgan acted as if she didn’t notice Willow or Tara as she approached, “Oh hey, are you guys sitting here too?” She feigned innocently.

Of course we are! You knew I’d sit with Stacey, you big faker. Willow was too busy grumbling internally, so Tara answered for her.

“Yeah, Stacey saved us a couple of seats.” The blonde replied as she wrapped an arm protectively around Willow’s waist.

“Yep, sitting here. Tare, do you wanna come meet my coaches before everything gets started?”

“Sure sweetie,” She said smiling brightly.

“We’ll be back in a few.” Willow said to Stacey, who nodded in return and took a seat next to her boyfriend.

As Willow and Tara made their way across the room, Stacey turned to Morgan. “So uh, this isn’t going to turn into an episode of Jerry Springer, is it?”

“What?” Morgan exclaimed with a look of shock on her face, “I can’t believe you’d think that. I have no hard feelings towards Willow. She’s doing her thing and I’m doing mine.”

“I’m serious Morgan, if you think you can’t handle it, then maybe you should sit with Angie and Devyn instead?”

“Stac, come on. We’ve all been friends since freshman year and this is one of our last banquets together. Can’t we just hang out and enjoy ourselves?”

Stacey nodded; eyeing Morgan skeptically and saying nothing more on the subject, not wanting to push the issue.

When the girls finally returned, Willow was relieved to see that Bri and Mandy had joined the group and Morgan was sitting on the other side of the table. It worked out well, since Tara had already met both women at Stacey’s party several weeks ago. The conversation was light and friendly through out dinner and things seemed to be going well, even though Willow had caught Morgan openly staring at them several times. Each time their eyes met, Morgan looked away and Willow couldn’t help but wonder what she was up to.

“So Will, how was your trip home?” Morgan asked casually.

Willow glanced in Tara’s direction and smiled sweetly, “It was fun, we had a really good time.”

Morgan scoffed, “Really?”

“Yes, why?”

“Well, it’s just that, according to what I read online…things were, sort of…tense with you guys and the family.”

Willow shifted nervously, “Well, don’t believe everything you read, especially on random websites.”

“Oh this wasn’t a random website, it was PHZ and they’re usually right on with this kind of stuff.”

As Morgan pressed on, the entire table had grown silent and their eyes began darting back and forth between the women. The atmosphere suddenly became thick and uncomfortable. They could tell, the more Morgan pushed, the more irritated Willow became. Even Tara stopped eating her dessert and started paying closer attention to the conversation.

Willow sighed deeply, “Morgan, what’s your point? I mean, obviously their information was baloney because we’re sitting right here and I just told you everything is fine.”

“Gosh, calm down. I’m just making conversation and besides I don’t care what anyone says, PHZ is a credible celebrity news outlet.” Morgan smirked, achieving her goal of seeing Willow all riled up.

With that last statement, Tara couldn’t control herself any longer and laughed out loud. “Morgan, I’m sorry but, I’ve been in this business a long time and the last word I would use to describe the worms over at PHZ would be credible. Their ‘news’ coverage is full of hyperbole and speculation. Very seldom do they ever get it right.”

Seeing that Tara was trying to diffuse the situation, Stacey chimed in as well, “ALL of the tabloids are ridiculous. I stand in line at the grocery store and sometimes I can’t believe the headlines. Where do they come up with this stuff?” She asked, speaking directly to Tara.

Morgan’s eyes narrowed at the actress, she was furious that her little game of taunting Willow had been thwarted. She became even more annoyed when Willow picked up a fork and nonchalantly started eating off of Tara’s dessert plate; as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

“They just make it up, a few years ago,” Tara continued, “They ran a story about my ‘addiction to plastic surgery’ and even spoke to ‘my surgeon.’”

“You’ve had plastic surgery!?” Mandy exclaimed, studying Tara’s face closely.

Tara smiled and shook her head, “No, none and I don’t even know a surgeon, that’s what was so crazy about the story. I had to have my lawyer threaten to sue for defamation before they agreed to retract the story and apologize.”

Stacey leaned forward, “But Tara, why would they say that in the first place? What would prompt them to even make up a story like that?” She was completely intrigued.

“I have high cheekbones and depending on the angle in which I’m photographed, sometimes my face appears differently. If I’m photographed straight on, they’re fairly defined, but from the side you can hardly even see them. When I’m on TV or film, they’re nonexistent; TV makes my face look fuller than in person. So, they took a photo of me straight on and smiling, then ran it side by side with a TV clip, without a smile and viola! It must be plastic surgery.”

No sooner had Tara finished the sentence than Morgan shouted rather loudly, “Well you know what they say, the camera adds twenty pounds!”

The entire table went silent as every head turned, with mouths agape.

“Morgan!” Willow exclaimed, “Geez, rude much?”

“What? It is a saying.” Morgan said, sticking by the statement.

Tara was a bit embarrassed and began to blush mildly. Willow’s face, on the other hand, was red for a completely different reason and she was clutching the fork so tightly that her knuckles had turned white.

Tara gently laid her hand on Willows until it softened and she let go of the fork. For a brief moment, it looked as if the redhead was going to lunge across the table; fork in hand.

“Um, I think they’re about ready to start the presentations. I’m going to run to the restroom…Willow?”

Willow’s attention was finally pulled away from Morgan, “Huh? Oh, okay. I uh, I think I will too.” She sputtered as she and Tara made they’re way out of the ballroom.

As they walked down the long hall towards the restroom, Tara noticed a small, empty meeting room and pulled Willow inside. She looked around to make sure they were alone and closed the door behind her.

Willow was already pacing, “I can’t believe her! Well, I guess I can, sorta, but what a bitch! I mean she basically called you fat and right to your face even! Huh well, she’s one to talk. Her ass makes Jabba the Hutt look anorexic. I mean, the circus could use it as a trampoline!”

Until that point, Tara’s face bore a look of concern; now she was just amused by her girlfriend’s antics and try as she may, could no longer stifle the laughter.

Willow met Tara’s eyes and they both burst into a fit of giggles for several minutes until Willow finally composed herself and wrapped her arms around Tara’s shoulders. “I’m sorry baby.”

“I’m fine Will, she’s just trying to get under your skin and apparently succeeding. Don’t let her get to you.” Tara leaned forward, pulling Willow to her and kissing her deeply.

“Ummm,” Willow mumbled when they finally managed to pull apart, “Who were we talking about?”

“That’s my girl.”

“Yep, that I am,”

“Ready to head back?” Tara asked and received a nod as indication that Willow was over her outburst and ready to get back.

After a quick stop at the restrooms, the girls made their way back to the ballroom and reseated themselves at the table.

As the presentations droned on, Willow’s mind began to drift. She briefly glanced towards Morgan and wondered why the girl was acting the way she was. After all, Willow had made it clear several years ago that she wasn’t interested. Willow had dated other women, albeit it briefly, and Morgan seemed fine. Was Morgan really that jealous of her relationship that she had to act like a five year old child? She thought back to last week and the incident with Robby. It seemed like ages ago, but the hurt feelings were still fresh. Now here she was tonight, having to apologize once again for something one of her friends had said.

Willow’s gaze shifted away from Morgan and her eyes rested on Tara; A subject much more visually appealing to the redhead. She couldn’t help but admire her girlfriend’s natural beauty as she silently traced the gentle slope of Tara’s neck with her eyes, the delicate jaw and that face…that beautiful face. Willow watched Tara dreamily as the blonde picked up her glass and took a sip. The room and everyone in it slowly slipped away as Willow became lost in the moment. She reached her hand towards her girlfriend, eagerly anticipating her touch and entwined their fingers.

When Tara felt Willow’s fingers slip between her own, she turned to meet the sparkling emerald eyes, which were staring at her with a look of utter love and affection.

Tara’s heart skipped a beat and she felt her face begin to flush. She squeezed Willow’s hand in return and mouthed ‘I love you,’ just as the redhead’s name was called.

As the fog covering Willow’s mind began to lift, she noticed Tara grinning broadly and pulling her forward, as the sound of applause filled her ears. Thoughts of her lover still clouded her mind and she impulsively leaned down and kissed Tara before leaving to accept the award.

Willow had been so lost in thought, that she had no idea what she was even accepting; luckily for her, there was a giant projection screen with her name and the award. She read the screen quickly and grinned; it would be the fourth year in a row she was to accept the award for academic excellence.

About an hour later, Tara was clapping proudly again as her girlfriend accepted yet another award, her fifth of the night; this time for highest batting average. She’d already won for the most stolen bases, highest runs batted in and slugging percentage. Each time she returned with an award, her teammates took advantage of the situation and engaged in some friendly banter. If they were jealous, they never showed it. Willow was an overachiever, on and off the field and her teammates were plenty used to it by now; it was one of the things that endeared them to the popular infielder. They knew in their hearts that without Willow, the National Championship would not have been possible and for that, they were all grateful.

The last presentation of the night was the naming of Team Captain for the upcoming season and a hush fell over the room. This achievement was the most anticipated of the night. The captain was chosen by vote of teammates and coaches alike. After several agonizing moments, the announcement came and Willow was called to the podium yet again, this time for a brief speech. As she approached the stage, everyone began chanting, ‘Red, Red, Red!’

Willow was grinning from ear to ear as she took the mike and gave a short, but heartfelt speech; finishing up with positive words of encouragement for the upcoming season. She received a standing ovation and couldn’t help the tears as she realized this would be her last time around.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:21 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 3
Dibs! :whip

Hey Shelby! Sorry, I missed fb last update. I thought I had left some, my total bad. Anyway, it does suck that Willow is now getting followed although, pretty predictable considering the all the press interviews that were requested of them while they were in Texas. Too bad that Tara had a nightmare, but at least it had a happy ending. Snuggling with your honey always makes everything better.

I loved this banquet chapter. I too played college softball and remember these banquets very well. Although, we never ended up at some swank hotel. Damn lucky girls. Lol. I love how poised Tara is throughout this whole thing no matter what is thrown at her. It reminded me of when they went to Spago and her co-star was acting quite a bit like Morgan. Speaking of, I knew it. I just knew we hadn't heard the end of her. I'm still not sure we have. I'd like to know what is motivating her to keep this behavior up even now. I have to say I wish I was the rock star of softball that Willow was, but being captain does have it's perks and I hope she take full advantage of them.

Looking forward to more!

Last edited by True_Love on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:00 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Dang, all that time in Texas made me forget about Morgan. All I can say is.... What a trick-ass Biyatch!....I know she is a fictional character. But, I really hate her :mad !

I think it's sweet that Tara makes time for the things that are important in Willow's life. She's this huge Hollywood star. Yet, nothing is beneath her when it comes to Willow's happiness.

Ps. I love me some TMZ :blush !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:08 am 
5. Willowhand

Phenomenal update!

I can't help but to feel sad knowing that soon these two will hardly see each other at all with Tara being busy filming and Willow busy with softball. I hope it isn't too hard for them. Maybe if they lived together, things would be a little easier.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:44 am 
5. Willowhand

Yay for Willow winning so many awards and team captain :) Too bad it will be her last year :/
I don't like Morgan and she seems up to something, as always. I hope she doesn't try to get in between the two girls.
And love Willow finding Tara's lingerie. I wonder if she will get lucky with it as Tara said she might :p
I really love this story.
Can't wait for more :)

Ash

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:50 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Big lol for spazzy Willow looking for a camera and finding something else that made her :drool I really hope Tara keeps her end of the bargain... Damn I have forgotten Morgan, she really makes me :fit I hope they find a way to squash her like a insignificant bug she is... I really like how Tara handled the situation... I hope Willow tells Tara about how she feels about being the team captain for the last time and the sadness of college ending so Tara can help her...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:38 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hey Shelby,

LOTS to love here!

First the trip down lingerie lane AKA closet hopping with the stars! That was tasty, but I have to admit if I were Willow I'd be curious to know when and for whom Tara had worn that stuff, just sayin' . . .

Then the how they each handle the press . . . like the contrast. Those details really work to take us into their world.

The Banquet and MORGAN!!!! Oh, she was so annoying! And I hated that no one seemed to call her on her bullshit! I know that people seldom confront directly in a social setting but something like, "Well I think Tara looks great onscreen or off" would have been nice. She was clearly digging her claws in and hoping to draw blood. Tara was skillful at fending her off for a while. GREAT info on the cheekbone/plastic surgery bit. I was fascinated by that . . . made me feel like a real insider! :grin

Glad to see Willow recognized and I'm super-excited about her being picked team captain!!! As such, however, she needs to deal with Morgan and not hurt team morale over their relationship. Tough work! But I'm rootin' for the redhead! :applause :applause :applause

So keep writing! :kgeek :kgeek :kgeek :whip <=all us fans uh 'cheering' you on! :wink

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:47 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hey Shel. How are you? The archives are always fun to visit. I usually go to the ones people have recommended, but lately I've been looking for really long ones. There are some I have read quite a few times.

Oh, I had selective memory and had kind of put Morgan to the back of my brain, but here she is back again, darnit. I love how Tara handles these kinds of public outings, so gracefully, probably from many years dealing with it. But her main concern was always Willow, which is so sweet. But honestly, I wish someone would just bitch slap Morgan already, or get her in to see a psychiatrist, or get a restraining order. I'd be happy with any of those. That girl sure has a problem.

Willow's awards and chosen as team captain, all so cool.

Great job again. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Wimpy

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:30 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hey I owe fb on about 7 stories but I'm starting with you. I like this update. It's nice that it focused on Willow and Tara and not the press or that other crap. Willow has her time in the spotlight and it seems like everyone was pretty chilled about Tara. Not all bogging her down with photo and autograph requests or anything. Morgan... Morgan is just Morgan and I think the high road is pretty much the way to go with her. I've been thinking that I really like Tara's maturity. She has a hard job but she's not snobby or full of herself and she doesn't count on assistants to handle all her interactions. She has it together and is a very good foil for Willow. I'd love if the two of them, Stacey, Kurt, and a few others go out after but maybe that's too much to ask.

Great update!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:38 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Woah, how did I miss this one. I check in on the board almost everyday to see if there are story updates and I didn't spot this one till a week after it was put up, my bad sorry. :ashamed

“Tara!?” The redhead shouted to her lover, who was busy in the bathroom doing her hair.

“Yes baby?” The blonde responded.

“Do you have a camera I can borrow for tonight? I forgot mine at the apartment and I don’t think we have time to stop and pick it up.” Willow was standing over Tara’s bed staring aimlessly into the mess she’d made. In her frantic search for the camera, she’d dumped the contents of her duffle bag and then only after the mess was made, had she remembered that it didn’t get packed.

It sounds like the girls are already married; or at least living together.

“Check in my closet, in one of the big drawers!” Tara called out.

Heh heh, she said big drawers, heh heh. Childish humor, my stock in trade ;)

'Oooooooh wow' indeed getting to go through Tara's bra and panties drawer, isn't that every kittens dream, or at least one of them. :drool

The 'L.A. sportswoman of the year' hmmm, now I wonder who could be in the running for that.

“So Will, how was your trip home?” Morgan asked casually.

Willow glanced in Tara’s direction and smiled sweetly, “It was fun, we had a really good time.”

Morgan scoffed, “Really?”

“Yes, why?”

“Well, it’s just that, according to what I read online…things were, sort of…tense with you guys and the family.”

And now the crap begins. What is it with Willow that all her exes are out to screw up her relationship with Tara. There's Morgan in this story and Carmen in Lexi's Remodelling.

With that last statement, Tara couldn’t control herself any longer and laughed out loud. “Morgan, I’m sorry but, Iv'e been in this business a long time and the last word I would use to describe the worms over at PHZ would be credible. Their ‘news’ coverage is full of hyperbole and speculation. Very seldom do they ever get it right.”

Seeing that Tara was trying to diffuse the situation, Stacey chimed in as well, “ALL of the tabloids are ridiculous. I stand in line at the grocery store and sometimes I can’t believe the headlines. Where do they come up with this stuff?” She asked, speaking directly to Tara.

Yay, Tara and Stacey to the rescue, hopefully they can put the loud-mouthed bitchzilla down.

A big YAY :applause to Willow on getting all the trophies and another YAY :applause for being chosen as team captain but I have a feeling that big butted bitchzilla Morgan is gonna be incredibly awkward and difficult for Willow, possibly in an attempt to usurpe her position. Maybe the team should kick her ass as a warning before the season starts proper so she doesn't try and make and trouble. VIolent I know, but it is effective.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:17 am 
5. Willowhand

Hey Shelby.

As usual, a lovely update for you. I have to echo Ariel's comment about the lingerie. I was sitting here, wondering when Tara got those and just who they were for. But I quickly got over it and moved on.

I love how Tara never seems to bat an eye when she's noticed in public. I mean, she's not out there flaunting it but she's just so confident. It's an interesting take on Tara. Of course Willow was adorable as always and in her little element with the awards. But damn it, I too totally forgot about witch face Morgan. Maybe they can put a hit out on her or something less drastic but still as permanent to make her go away. Just a thought.

Anyway, looking forward to the next update!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:03 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

This made me think about couples like, well the only example I came up with was Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman (probably any number of sprots/enterrtianment couples would fit, too) two people really prominent in their own fields, but when one attends a function for the other's groups, they're mostly just another date.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:18 pm 
2. Floating Rose

W-w-wow! 23 whole chapters? For me? You shouldn't have :blush Just kidding, but seriously, amazing as per usual! I had no idea you were so far ahead here. If I had known I would have checked it out muuuch earlier. The Texas chapters were amazing, although I found myself very much tempted to hit something after the incident with Robby. And, oh, I nearly forgot how much I hate Morgan. The answer is very muchly. Ugh she's just so petty and conniving, reminds me too much of she-who-must-not-be-named. Still, you're managing to keep every chapter interesting which is a feat unto itself.

A thought crossed my mind while reading this which I hate myself for but kinda thought I might share. It's a sad thing to think but i felt like maybe Willow and Tara are getting along too well? Of course they love each other but even people who love each other fight. Like in the show, when they fought, not only did it add another layer of depth to their characters, it also strengthened their love after they reconciled. Like how, when you break a bone it hurts but it just gets stronger once it heals. Granted there's plenty of angst outside their relationship. Anyhoos, just a thought I was thinking in my thought-brain.

Back to reality though, I love this. I cannot get enough of this story, really. I look forward to infinitely many more updates :grin

~J.J.

P.S. is there a way to subscribe to stories and get emails with new updates like there is on fanfic? cuz i haven't been able to find one... sadface...

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:23 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

FINALLY GOT CAUGHT UP WITH THIS STORY!!!!!!!!

IT IS SOO HARD TO FOLLOW A STORY WHEN THE BOARD DOESN'T SEND THE NOTIFICATIONS!

LOL Okay. So all I can say is that I love this story and that I can't wait to see what will happen next.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:08 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I still can't get over seeing Willow as a star-athlete and Tara as a hollywood star. But I love this story so much Shel!! Keep it comin!!

"Not a word is ever needed to excuse you loving me." Willow to Tara in Katharyn's Sidestep Chronicles

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:19 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

:bigwave Hi there, since it is almost a month since you posted your last update I thought I'll comment to shamelessly beg for more! I really love your story and I'm dying to know what happens next. I really hope your next update will pick up where you left and after Willow confides in Tara about her melancholy of this being her last year with her team Tara will cheer her up with a private show of the sexy lingery...
I too think that someone needs to set Morgan straight, I mean when is she finally going to realise that she has no chance with Willow?! Good thing that Tara stayed totally cool, but she is probably used to bitches like that from her long time in the TV/Film businesss.

So now I'll just have to continue (impatiently) waiting for another update, please don't let us all wait too long... :pray

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:46 pm 
5. Willowhand

Ok doing this short but sweet, seems the board decided not to give me updates...

I just caught up and I am as always loving it!

From this last chapter I like how Tara defends herself and Willow, even though Willow gets riled up she can easily calm her down.
And Willow being an over achiever is why we like her so much! Go Captain Willow!

A Proposal Plan, A Star's Second Chance
Finey_McFine's Fan club http://finey-mcfinefanclub.webs.com/

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13
http://www.astronsoulfanfictions.com/
http://astronsoulfanfic.tripod.com/twilight/

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:59 pm 

True_Love:
Tara’s nightmares will come and go, as they do in real life for all of us. Lucky for her she now has a partner that can sooth away all the bad feelings:)

I photograph a lot of banquets and some are at the Holiday Inn, but the #1 teams are always at the swank hotels and Willow’s team is coming off a national championship, so it’s fitting. Plus it’s LA...

Tara is pretty darn cool, but then again, as a seasoned celeb, she kinda has to be. Otherwise, she’d end up a nut case a la Anne Heche, lol.

Thanks for the feedback!

Grimm:
Yeah, the bitch is back! Wait until you read this next chapter...

Tara would go to the ends of the earth for Willow and you are right, nothing is beneath her:)

Ps. TMZ is so ridiculous, yet highly entertaining. BTW...Grimm season finale...thoughts?

Thanks for the feedback!

fhiwda:
Glad you liked!

Don’t feel too sad, I’m sure they will find a way to make it work, besides, it’s quite a few months away.

ashcrash71590:
I think Willow is pretty bummed about it being her last year as well, but at least she has Tara to kiss it all better:)

Morgan is always up to something, lol. Wait until her antics in the next chapter.

Tara + sexy lingerie = YUMMY!

Thanks for the feedback!

zampsa19752001:
LOL, everyone seems to be pretty interested in Tara’s lingerie:)

Yeah, Morgan is definitely a thorn in Willow’s side and it’s not like she can avoid being teammates and all.
I think you’re right, Willow needs to talk more about her emotions in regards to college and softball ending. I think it’s weighing heavily on her mind.

Thanks for the feedback!!!

Ariel:
Ha ha! I had the same thoughts, were did she get all that stuff?

Morgan is like a slow crawling fly. I think everyone was pretty stunned by her bahavior, but didn’t want to throw gasoline on the fire.

Someone had recently said to me that they thought Amber’s face made her look anexoric. So I tried to explain that she wasn’t and that she has crazy high cheekbones. Having photographed her myself, straight on and from the side...it’s almost like two different people. It’s all about the angle:)

Willow definitely has a tough road ahead with Morgan working against her.

wimpy0729:
Yeah, I love the archives and also have several that I re-read as well.

I think everyone forgot about Morgan, lol. But she surfaces once again on the next chapter as well....

Thanks for the feedback!

JustSkipIt:
I think it’s pretty easy to get all involved in the papparazzi, but Tara has made handling them an art form and Willow is learning fast as well.

Coming up pretty soon, we’re gonna learn a little more about Tara’s past and find out why she is the way she is in regards to her maturity, etc.

BTW...you’re wish is my command...see next chapter for after party-party!

Thanks for the feedback!

Willowtaralover:
It does kinda sound like domestic bliss, huh? Maybe they will merge lives pretty soon...

Morgan just can’t help herself and is constantly running around with her foot firmly implanted in her mouth. As we all know, Morgan couldn’t actually do anything but bring the girls closer, but she thinks otherwise. Which leads to drama.

I think ALL the girls are kind of embarassed by Morgan’s antics and have choosen to take the high road. Community ass kicking, huh? Maybe...

Thanks for the feedback!

beautiful_love:
Hahaha, that damn lingerie has everyone stumped!

For Tara getting noticed in public is as natural as breathing, lol. People always notice, the paps are always lurking, but she moves forward and doesn’t let it effect her. If she did, she’d be a nervous wreck!

A hit on Morgan, hmmm...not a bad idea, lol.

Thanks for the feedback!

DaddyCatAlso:
Yeah, there are alot of couples like that. It’s nice when they let their partner shine:)

Thanks for the feedback!

RoyoNobus:
Yep! 23 just for you! :grin I thought I’d be caught up on ff by now, but I’m lazy about converting the bbc that’s written into them. Plus, there’s so little feedback that I just forget all about it, lol.

I’m glad you enjoyed the Texas chapters...they were some of my favorites. Lucky for you I had the Rosenberg brothers beat the snot out of Robby so you didn’t have to injure yourself. :p

So, you think Morgan reminds you of “you know who?” Now you’re giving away all my secrets! Good eye, by the way.

Yes, they do have kind of a fairytale relationship and get along quite well. I thought about having them argue, but you have to remember, it’s only been something like six weeks for them. They’re still in the honeymoon stage. I remember when my wife and I first started dating and then living together, it was over a year before we even had our first real argument. Of course in the past 20 years we’ve definitely made up for the first one. :P

Thanks for the feedback!

Alex_Vixen:
Yay you’re all caught up!! And I’m glad you’re liking it as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

Babbles4Twillow:
You know, a lot of people say that they can’t picture ‘athlete Willow,’ but if you go back to the HS years on Buffy, she could hold her own. Remember the dodgeball game in The Pack?? She was no shirinking violet. I can also see Tara as a starlet, albeit season 6 Tara, but still.

Thanks for the feedback!

Wills redemption:
Hey, thanks for the nudge! I’ve been suffering from a bit of a blockage on this story lately, plus I’m SUPER busy at home and work as well. I haven’t had a lot of downtime to just chill and write. So, please forgive my sporadic updates.

Anyway, I’m sure at some point Willow will confide in Tara about her true feelings leaving college and softball, but I don’t think she’s had a chance to really sort through them. Especially with all the sexy Tara stuff getting in the way... :p

Morgan is definitely a fly in the ointment and I think this is well beyond her still wanting a chance with Willow. It’s more about control at this point. We’ll just have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

Thanks for the feedback!

AstronSoul:
You’re not the only one to mention the lack of notification on this fic. If it keeps happening, you should notify a mod and they can look into it for you.

Anyway, if you liked this chapter with confident Tara, you’ll definitely like the next as well:)

Thanks for the feedback!

NEW CHAPTER DIRECTLY BELOW

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Post subject: Re: Fic: [AU] Racing The Rain (UPDTED: 5/30/12)
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:01 pm 

TITLE: Racing The Rain

AUTHOR: Finey_McFine

RATING: R

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other BtVS characters, as well as some random dialog, belong to Mutant Enemy. ALL other original characters belong to me! This includes: Willow’s siblings and teammates, plus Tara’s friends and co-workers. Mention of any ‘real’ people in this fic is brief and pure fantasy.

SUMMARY: Totally AU! Set in LA with lots of W/T fluff and some angst, but no Hellmouthyness; just good old regular day-to-day drama. Willow is attending college on an athletic scholarship and Tara is Hollywood royalty. They meet and fall in love, of course, but will they be able to survive the pitfalls of a public romance? Well, you’ll just have to read and find out! ;-)

<Thoughts are in italics>

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hi Everyone! Sorry for the long wait between chapters, I just can’t seem to find a lot of interrupted writing time lately. Unfortunately, June looks to be super busy as well, but hopefully I can get something out to you in a reasonable amount of time:) Happy summer...enjoy!

Chapter 62: Swamp Things

With the ceremony over everyone began to mingle, congratulate the winners and take pictures. Tara grabbed her camera and joined the crowd as the winners got together with their awards.

The blonde grinned broadly; winking at Willow as she stood proudly, trying to balance all five of the awards she’d won throughout the evening. Tara took several shots and then stepped back; her heart swelling with pride as she watched Willow charm the crowd. I can’t believe she’s mine. So beautiful.

Willow sat her awards on the table and grabbed a much needed glass of ice water.

Bri and Mandy approached, and both gave her congratulatory hugs, “Willow Rosenberg, you’ve won every award known to man, what are you going to do now?” Bri joked.

Willow grinned, “I’m going to Disneyland!” The redhead quipped and everyone laughed.

“But seriously, what are you doing tonight?” Mandy asked.

Willow shrugged her shoulders, glancing in her girlfriends direction, “Oh, I dunno, going home I guess.”

“WHAT!? Oh no way you’re going home, you guys are going out with us!” Bri added.

Willow again glanced at Tara, who nodded enthusiastically in return. Willow loved the fact that they could converse without speaking and smiled brightly. “We’re in! Where are we goin’?”

“We were thinking about The Swamp.”

Willow quirked her mouth, “Aren’t we a little over dressed?”

“Maybe a little,” Mandy added, “But it’ll be fun and low key. You can actually hear yourself talk and it’s smoke free.”

“Okay, I need to say bye to a few people first. How about we meet you guys there?”

“Sounds good, we’ll see ya in a bit!” Bri exclaimed as she and Mandy headed for the exit with Stacey and Kurt in tow.

“So, The Swamp?” Tara asked curiously as she inched through the thick Saturday night traffic on Wilshire Blvd.

Willow giggled, “It’s not as bad as it sounds. It’s a small college bar near campus we like to hang out in. It’s not gay, but it’s gay friendly, no smoking and quieter than most places. They have a jukebox, a small dance floor, pool tables, darts and lot’s of beer. Your typical college setting.”

“You used to go there a lot?” Tara asked.

“Yeah, we practically lived there. Me, Stacey, Bri...Morgan.” Willow grimaced as she said the last name.

“Well, she wasn’t too bad tonight. I mean, aside from the ‘if looks could kill stares,’ and basically calling me fat, but otherwise...”

Willow exhaled deeply, “You’re not fat Tara, she’s just...a bitch? But whatever, it’s her problem, not mine or yours and we’re gonna have fun tonight!”

Tara grinned as she pulled into the parking lot of the bar and found a space in the back, “I always have fun with you, and Will, tonight’s your night baby. Cut loose, have a few drinks...I’m driving, okay?”

Willow frowned a bit, “But I like drunk Tara. She’s all giddy and hands-y; you’re a very lovable drunk.” Willow finished as she leaned in and captured Tara’s lips in a sensuous kiss.

After about a five minute make out session, the girls finally pulled apart. “Ummm, maybe we should skip the bar altogether,” Willow moaned into Tara’s lips.

Tara flashed a half smile, “And miss out on beer at The Swamp? No way.”

“I thought you were gonna be the designated driver?”

“I am, but I may have one drink. We’ll be here a couple hours, right?”

Willow nodded, giving Tara one more peck on the lips and taking her hand. “Tara, thanks for coming with me tonight. It really meant a lot to have you there.”

Tara smiled warmly, “I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I love you Will, so very much.”

Willow’s head felt light and tingly as she stared deeply into Tara’s cobalt blue eyes. She reached out, tracing her fingertips down Tara’s cheek and leaning in again for another soft kiss. “I love you too,” Willow breathed, “More and more everyday. When we’re together I feel complete and we don’t even have to be touching or doing anything...just being in the same room. I’ve never wanted to be with some one as much as you. You’re my best friend Tara and God, I just..I love you so much.”

Willow was babbling incoherently and Tara’s heart was pounding as the words of devotion sent shivers down her spine and for a brief second, Tara saw their life flash before her eyes. She saw a home and a family; all of her long forgotten childhood fantasies suddenly springing to life. She looked into Willow’s sparkling green eyes and saw what she knew was true, she saw a future,their future.

Tara was completely overcome and not being able to form words, so she did the only thing she could; she crushed their lips together, putting every ounce of emotion into the kiss. Tara wrapped her hands around Willow’s neck and pulled them closer as her lips began opening and closing passionately.

The second Tara’s lips made contact with hers, all thought fled Willow’s brain and she lost herself in the moment. She scooted closer and her hands automatically went to Tara’s face and back; pulling, caressing, gripping. Willow wasn’t sure what was happening, but something felt different; the kiss was different.

They both sighed softly as the kiss ended and trembled with desire. Willow opened her mouth to speak, but was cut short by her girlfriend. “Move in with me,” Tara exclaimed suddenly.

“What?” Willow mumbled, still hazy from the mind bending kiss they’d just shared.

Tara swallowed hard, staring at Willow apprehensively and beginning to panic, worried that she’d scared the girl by just blurting it out like that. It wasn’t something that they’d even discussed before.

“I love you Willow, more than I thought I could ever love another living soul and I know, without a doubt, that...that you’re the one. You’re the first person I want to see when I wake up in the morning and the last person I want to see before I go to bed. I’m so lonely when you’re not around and I know it seems fast, but...I want you Willow and oh God, I hope you want me too.” Tara was shaking, but confident and could hardly believe she gotten it all out without even a hint of a stutter. Unfortunately, her emotions betrayed her and a single tear escaped and dripped down her cheek.

Willow’s chest tightened as she struggled to compose herself. She had been right, something was different. Tara had opened up and released her soul; giving herself fully to the redhead. It was a moment Willow would not soon forget.

She gazed into Tara’s anxious and teary eyes, realizing she hadn’t yet answered. “I want to, more than anything. Yes Tara Maclay, I will move in with you. I love you so much,” She said, before brushing their lips together again for a brief kiss and pulling the blonde into a warm hug.

After a long moment, they eased back and rested their foreheads together; both grinning from ear to ear. The sound of a loud car horn, finally bringing them back to reality.

“We’re still in the car,” Willow said with a slight giggle.

“I guess we should probably go in.”

Willow smiled and kissed Tara one more time, before they exited the car and walked hand in hand into the bar.

The Swamp was that of a typical college bar, sort of grungy, but laid back and very sports oriented. The swamp motif was mixed with college paraphernalia; gold and blue UCLA banners hung next to fake snakes and mossy driftwood. It was an odd mixture that gave the place a fun and relaxed feel.

The Swamp was crowded, but not packed and the girls were able to find their friends immediately, sitting in a large circular booth near a jukebox in the back and already on their second pitcher of beer.

As Willow and Tara wound their way through the bar, the usual low chatter spread among the patrons when they realized who had just entered. They were stopped several times for Tara to sign autographs and pose for a few pictures, before they finally made it to their friends.

“Geez, what route did you take to get here, the Trans Siberian Highway?” Bri teased as the girls finally slid into the booth.

Willow smiled shyly and shrugged her shoulders, trying to be nonchalant, but the deep crimson blush on her cheeks gave her away. “You stopped for a quickie!” Mandy exclaimed.

Willow snorted and mumbled; not really thinking about her answer, “As if we could do it that fast,” She scoffed.

Stacey gave her redheaded friend a questioning stare, “Then what exactly constitutes a quickie for you Will? Hmmmm?” She pressed.

“Wha...? Stacey!” Willow shouted, not expecting the ribbing from her close friend as her face turned an even darker shade of red than before.

By this time the entire table was laughing at Willow’s reaction, even Tara, who was enjoying the group banter. As the blonde sat back and listened, she was reminded of the evening out with Willow’s siblings. Tara couldn’t help but notice the similarities between Willow’s friends and family. They were friendly and genuine and Tara enjoyed them all immensely.

As the night wore on and the beer flowed, much fun was had by all. They danced, played pool and just had an all around good time. Willow and Tara were inseparable, always touching or making googly eyes and kissing several times; eliciting several eye rolls from their friends.

As promised, Tara only indulged in one glass of beer and had switched over to water long ago; unlike her girlfriend who was on her fourth mug.

“Sweetie, can you slide out? I need to use the restroom and get another glass of water.” Tara said.

Willow slid out of the booth and smiled sappily, “I’ll get you some water.”

Tara raised a questioning eyebrow, unsure if Willow could make it over to the bar unattended. “What? I’m not drunk, just a little tipsy and besides, I could use some water as well and since our waitress seems to have disappeared...” Willow rambled.

Tara returned the smile and gave Willow a quick peck on the lips. “I’ll be right back.”

“Kay,” Willow answered as she turned and headed for the bar.

“Hey, congratulations,” Morgan said as she slid up to the bar next to Willow and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Willow jumped slightly, not having been aware of her presence and taken aback with the physical contact. “Huh?”

“For the awards, congratulations,” Morgan repeated.

“Oh, thanks. You um..you startled me. I didn’t know you were there.” The redhead said uncomfortably.

“Yep, I am here,” The brunette slurred.

The bartender suddenly appeared in front of Willow waving his hands. “Oh, sorry. Two glasses of ice water please,” She asked politely.

Morgan snickered, “Good grief Willow, this is worse than I thought, water? She’s really got you fucking whipped.” Her tone taking on a bit of sarcasm as she nearly fell off the bar stool.

Willow stiffened, sobering up quickly as she reached out to steady the girl, “Woah, I see someone’s had a little too much to drink tonight.”

“Nonsense! I’m just having fun, something that I obviously wasn’t invited to do with my friends.”

Willow frowned slightly, “Morgan...”

“Don’t, I know a blow off when I see one. It’s pretty much a national pastime for you since you hooked up with little Miss. Perfect.” Morgan spat, with venom in her voice.

Willow sighed heavily and shook her head, “You’re drunk and I’m not having this conversation with you right now.”

Morgan laughed out loud, “Isn’t that just typical. Since when do you get to make that decision? You think you’re so much better than the rest of us, when you’re just an all around colossal back stabbing bitch!”

Willow’s stunned eyes went wide as the anger began to boil, then she remembered where she was and who she was with and the consequences of a public confrontation. She took a deep calming breath and noticed the bartender had returned at some point with her drinks.

In one swift move, Willow turned, grabbed both glasses of water and walked away, before Morgan even had time to register what was going on.

“Hey! I’m not finished!” Morgan shouted, and staggered off the bar stool, following after the redhead.

Tara arrived back at the table just in time to see Willow crossing the bar; lips pursed and red faced. She was so completely focused on her girlfriend, that she failed to notice Morgan right on Willow’s heels.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Tara asked as she reached for one of the water glasses and no sooner had the words left her mouth, than she noticed Morgan trailing behind her girlfriend. Uh oh.

“Nothing, I’m fine.” Willow said flatly. “Can we go, please?”

Tara furrowed her brows, “What’s going on? What did you say to her?” Tara asked sternly, focusing her attention on the brunette.

“Nothing that didn’t need to be said, besides, it’s really none of your business anyway.” Morgan responded.

At that point Stacey, Mandy and Bri jumped up and joined in the fray.

Willow shrugged her shoulders, “She’s had too much to drink and trying to pick a fight. Let’s just go, okay? We don’t need a bar fight on the cover of The National Enquirer.”

Tara nodded, picking up her purse and taking Willow’s hand as they turned to leave; making it about three steps before Morgan roughly grabbed Willow’s arm, “Wait! We’re not done talking.” She shouted.

Willow grimaced as Morgan squeezed and before she had time to do or say anything, Tara’s hand was tightly gripping Morgan’s wrist. “Let go of her, now.” She said with resolve and a shocked Morgan slowly released the redhead’s arm. “I don’t care how drunk you are, if you ever lay a hand on Willow again, you are going to regret it. Do you understand me?”

Morgan simply nodded and Tara slowly let go of her wrist.

Willow was at a loss for words and in awe of Tara’s actions. She couldn’t believe how the blonde had reacted. She was calm and confident and completely in control of the situation; staring down Morgan with icy blue eyes.

Luckily for everyone involved, Mandy stepped between Tara and Morgan. “Okay, we got it from here.” She said as she turned Morgan around and marched the stunned brunette back towards the table.

“Are you okay?” Asked a concerned Tara, while rubbing the spot on Willow’s arm that Morgan had rudely pinched only moments ago.

Willow simply starred at her with a sappy smile plastered across her face.

“Wow Tara!” A Stacey grinning exclaimed, “I didn’t know you were all large with the butch!”

Tara suddenly grew embarrassed, “I-I’m not usually, but I...I just don’t like how she messes with Willow and it’s starting to piss me off.” She said with conviction.

“I can see that,” Stacey giggled. “So, are you guys leaving?”

Willow finally snapped out of her mini stupor and answered Stacey. “Yeah, It’s late and I gotta get some sleep. I have a final Monday and two on Tuesday and I really need to get some studying done tomorrow.”

Stacey nodded, “Hey, text me on Monday and maybe we can do lunch? I have two finals, but they’re both in the morning. So I should be free after that.”

“Sounds good,” Willow smiled warmly at her friend, “Um, what are you gonna do about...she’s pretty drunk.” She said and pointed in Morgan’s direction.
Stacey sighed, “I guess one of us will take her home and babysit; let her sleep it off. Then we’ll deal with the fallout or she’ll just ignore the situation and not say a word.”

“Thanks Stac, she’s a total pain in the ass but, I don’t want to see her get hurt or anything.”

“I know,” Stacey agreed, giving Willow a short hug before turning to Tara. “It was great seeing you again Tara. Maybe we can all get together before you guys leave for New York and hopefully you won’t have to kick anyone’s ass.” Stacey quipped and nudged Tara’s shoulder.

The blonde laughed and gave Stacey a short hug before waving at the others, “Sounds like fun, I’ll check my schedule.”

“Cool, see you guys later!”

“Bye!” Willow and Tara said as they exited the bar.

The ride home was a quiet one, Tara was still wound up over what happened with Morgan and Willow was feeling the sleepy after effects of the alcohol. Neither girl wanted to rehash the incident and silently decided to let it go.

After they arrived home, Tara let Ralphie out and stayed nearby, patiently waiting for him to do his business, before letting him back in. Meanwhile, Willow retreated to the bedroom to clean up the mess she’d made earlier and take a quick shower. Just as Willow was wrapping a towel around herself, Tara entered; heading to the sink to brush her teeth. The two shared a smile before Willow exited back to the bedroom.

As the redhead lay in bed waiting for Tara, her thoughts drifted. She couldn’t help but notice the intense feeling of domesticity that surrounded them since they had arrived back at Tara’s. But it wasn’t really Tara’s house anymore, was it? Willow thought about this new revelation for a moment and even though it had been less than four hours since Tara had asked, it still felt different somehow.

Willow raised her head and glanced around the bedroom, wondering where exactly she would put her things and how exactly she would fit in. Sure, Tara had asked her, but had she really thought things through? They were about to merge their lives and that was no small feat. How would all this work? Tara’s house was beautiful and decorated to her taste. Everything had a place and everything was in it’s place. As the gravity of her decision began to weigh heavily, Willow’s heart started to pound in her chest and a mild panic began to settle in.

This was it, this was the beginning of the rest of her life; of her adult life. Willow had never really thought of herself as an adult before. Her parents were adults, her Aunts and Uncles were adults, but Willow was still in college, she was one of the kids, the baby. How the hell could she be an adult? What she was already doing with Tara was very grown up, but she still never thought of herself as a grown up. She began to feel uncomfortable, like a stranger or a guest. It didn’t feel like home.

“Hey,” Tara said softly and effectively breaking Willow’s train of thought. When she’d entered the bedroom, Tara noticed the pensive look on her lover’s face and began to worry.

Willow blinked twice, “Oh hey, sorry I was just...can we talk?”

Tara nodded, turning out the light and climbing into bed. Both girls turned on their sides and faced one another. As their eyes adjusted, they were able to see with the help of the pale blue moon light that illuminated the room.

“Tara,” Willow started, “I just wanted you to know, that I won’t hold you to it if you start to have second thoughts.”

Tara wore a look of complete befuddlement. Willow had begun as if they had been in the middle of a conversation and Tara had no idea what she was referring to.

“Second thoughts?” Tara muttered.

Willow answered with a nod, “About me moving in.”

Tara’s features softened when she realized what her girlfriend was actually talking about. “Sweetie, what would make you think that?”

Willow reached over and entwined their fingers, “I know you asked in the heat of the moment and I just wanted you to know that if you want to change your mind then-” Willow’s words were cut short when Tara suddenly pulled herself close and kissed Willow soundly on the lips. Then slowly pulled away, leaving Willow’s lips tingly in her wake.

“I...I have thought about it. A-A lot, actually.”

“You have? But you never said anything...”

“I know, I’m sorry. I should have brought it up sooner and not put you on the spot like that.” Tara inhaled deeply as the realization washed over her; Willow didn’t really want to move in. Tara had been presumptuous, assuming and now her girlfriend was trying politely to back out and spare her feelings.

Willow could see the trepidation and sadness in Tara’s eyes and it occurred to her how she must sound and that she was the cause of Tara’s emotional shift. She wanted nothing more than to put the gentle blonde’s fears to rest.

Willow reached out and caressed the soft skin of her girlfriend’s cheek. “Tara, baby, I do want to move in with you. More than anything, but I look around your house and you have everything the way you want it and here I come, bee-bopping in and turn it all upside down. Plus, it’s...it’s all very ‘grown-up’ and I just...I feel like this kid or something. I dunno, I’m not explaining this very well. I...I guess, I just don’t know where I fit is all.”

Somehow Tara managed to hold back the tears stinging the corners of her eyes and swallow the lump in her throat. Willow was so sweet and adorable, that she could hardly contain the urge to wrap her arms around the girl and never let go.

Tara reached for the hand on her cheek and pulled it down to her chest, laying it on her heart. “You fit right here,” She whispered, seeing Willow’s teary green eyes glistening in the moonlight. “Sweetie, you don’t have to pack up the U-Haul tomorrow. There’s no rush, I’m not going anywhere and I want you to be ready.”

Willow leaned forward and kissed Tara tenderly, “Thank you, I love you Tara.”

“I love you too.”

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:03 pm 
5. Willowhand

YAY DIBS!!!! Good to be back on top for once lol

This whole chapter was great, only gonna pick a few things to highlight but the whole thing was an amazing read!

Quote:
So, The Swamp?” Tara asked curiously as she inched through the thick Saturday night traffic on Wilshire Blvd.

Willow giggled, “It’s not as bad as it sounds. It’s a small college bar near campus we like to hang out in. It’s not gay, but it’s gay friendly, no smoking and quieter than most places. They have a jukebox, a small dance floor, pool tables, darts and lot’s of beer. Your typical college setting.”

So this reminds me of a bar I would hang out in, when I was in my early 20's, man I miss that place. So glad that Tara fits in with Willow's friends/team mates, shows she is very down to earth.

They both sighed softly as the kiss ended and trembled with desire. Willow opened her mouth to speak, but was cut short by her girlfriend. “Move in with me,” Tara exclaimed suddenly.

Quote:
“What?” Willow mumbled, still hazy from the mind bending kiss they’d just shared.

Tara swallowed hard, staring at Willow apprehensively and beginning to panic, worried that she’d scared the girl by just blurting it out like that. It wasn’t something that they’d even discussed before.

“I love you Willow, more than I thought I could ever love another living soul and I know, without a doubt, that...that you’re the one. You’re the first person I want to see when I wake up in the morning and the last person I want to see before at night. I’m so lonely when you’re not around and I know it seems fast, but...I want you Willow and oh God, I hope you want me too.” Tara was shaking, but confident and could hardly believe she gotten it all out without even a hint of a stutter. Unfortunately, her emotions betrayed her and a single tear escaped and dripped down her cheek.

AHHHH!!!! YES!!! It might seem fast, but it is so the right timing! I am so glad Willow answered yes, wonder how the move-in will go...

Quote:
Tara nodded, picking up her purse and taking Willow’s hand as they turned to leave; making it about three steps before Morgan roughly grabbed Willow’s arm, “Wait! We’re not done talking.” She shouted.

Willow grimaced as Morgan squeezed and before she had time to do or say anything, Tara’s hand was tightly gripping Morgan’s wrist. “Let go of her, now.” She said with resolve and a shocked Morgan slowly released the redhead’s arm. “I don’t care how drunk you are, if you ever lay a hand on Willow again, you are going to regret it. Do you understand me?”

Morgan simply nodded and Tara slowly let go of her wrist.

Willow was at a loss for words and in awe of Tara’s actions. She couldn’t believe how the blonde had reacted. She was calm and confident and completely in control of the situation; staring down Morgan with icy blue eyes.

Feisty and a don't mess with me attitude! Oh you are right I really love your version of Tara, and I would be awed too like Willow, wow don't mess with Tara man she'll hurt ya!

Quote:
Tara reached for the hand on her cheek and pulled it down to her chest, laying it on her heart. “You fit right here,” She whispered, seeing Willow’s teary green eyes glistening in the moonlight. “Sweetie, you don’t have to pack up the U-Haul tomorrow. There’s no rush, I’m not going anywhere and I want you to be ready.”

Awwwe so cute! Reassuring Willow that she does fit, and hse has a point, don't have to move in so fast, can always do it slowly too, a lil here a lil there. Then before they know it Willow is moved in and it was an easy transition....at least I hope so.

FYI...I hate Morgan and I have a bad feeling we haven't seen the last of her.

Great job girl! Keep on writing!!!

~AS~

A Proposal Plan, A Star's Second Chance
Finey_McFine's Fan club http://finey-mcfinefanclub.webs.com/

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13
http://www.astronsoulfanfictions.com/
http://astronsoulfanfic.tripod.com/twilight/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:21 am 
5. Willowhand

Fantastic update! I love how Tara goes out with Willow and her friends without a second thought...and they way she threatened Morgan was priceless!

I'm eager to see how W/T can make Tara's house seem more warm and inviting to Willow so she'll feel more comfortable moving in.

I'm also eager to see the New York Trip.

Thank you for this great update. Please update again soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:45 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Shel, this is amazing and touching. yes, Morgan is a bitch, but so what?! The girls have each other! I'm on the NY train, too. Also, I can't wait to see what effect Willow has on Tara's home by moving in bit by bit. I really love this. Also, take your time. I know how a crazy RL can get in the way, just as long as you don't leave us!

Kitten love!

"Not a word is ever needed to excuse you loving me." Willow to Tara in Katharyn's Sidestep Chronicles

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 40  Next