The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Keeping Destiny [Sequel to Saving Grace!]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:24 pm 
3. Flaming O

TITLE: Keeping Destiny

AUTHOR: lilcheesenip

RATING: 14-A-ish? xD

DISCLAIMER: Sadly, I don't own any of the Buffyverse characters. Wish I did, but Joss Whedon does. >.> I only have claim on the original characters.

SUMMARY: Life has been crazy for Willow Rosenberg, but it has been good. Her bestselling series is being transformed into a movie, she's engaged to the girl of her dreams, and she is helping rebuild her uncle's horse ranch, and starting a new book, independent from her other series.

But her's and Tara's lives are turned upside down when a knock on their door leaves them with Tara's half-niece, Destiny, the daughter of a half-sister Tara was unaware existed. Things complicate further when Tara's father, who she has not heard from for years, sues them for custody of his grandchild, and Tara struggles with the choice between avoiding her worst nightmare, and saving the child she doesn't know.

SPOILERS: None that I can think of. It's all AU, so no monsters, or anything. ^.^ May steal dialogue hear and there.

ANGST: Little. Definitely not as heavy as The Cross or Never Let You Go, but some. Hardly any. I think. xD

Author's Note 1: I'm going against all my beliefs here, and posting two fics, when I know I can hardly keep up with one. Plus, it's November, which means NaNoWriMo for me, and...well, it's going to be a crazy month for me. xD I'll try to keep up and update, but there are no guarantees. I'm thinking that when I have no inspiration for my novel, I'll work on both this and Never Let You Go. I'll try my best to keep the updates fairly frequent -- I promise!

PART 1

------------------------------------------------

“You can’t be serious.”

Faith, who was seated on the kitchen counter, didn’t look up from her magazine. She flipped another page as she continued to swing her feet, her bare heels thudding hollowly against the cupboards. “A hundred percent. Think I’d lie about this?”

“Ugh!” Anya flung herself down onto the couch, and groaned. Automatically, she framed her stomach with her hands, swelling by the day, as if to check up on the baby. “Why? Why would she do this to me? Just because I asked her to be my bridesmaid, doesn’t mean I want to be her bridesmaid!”

“Willow’s getting married?” Buffy rounded on Xander with a lethal glare. “And you knew and you didn’t tell me?!”

Xander held his hands up defensively. “Hey. She asked me not to. I’m getting punished for respecting my best friend’s wishes?”

Yes!” Buffy’s hands curled into claws, ready and waiting. Xander flinched.

Faith lifted her eyes from the magazine long enough to give the blonde an amused glance, smirking. “Violence isn’t always the answer, B. I’m just surprised she didn’t tell you yesterday. Tara hasn’t shut up about it for the past, like, month and a half. ”

“You knew for a month and a half?!” Buffy half-shrieked.

Dawn squirmed uncomfortably in her seat, and spoke up for the first time. “Now, Buffy-”

“Would you quit banging already?!” Someone yelled down the stairs. Moments later, Willow stormed through the kitchen doorway, glaring at Faith. “You woke Tara up. She was actually sleeping for once, and then you had to-!”

“Hey, you, with all the yelling. Shut the hell up. Some people are trying to sleep, you know.” Faith flipped another page- though she did stop her banging- and Willow glowered daggers, but didn’t press the matter. A quick glance at her watch had her hurrying towards the fridge.

"Willow!” Buffy whined, “You’re getting married, and you didn’t tell us?!”

“Uh huh.” Willow yanked open the fridge, studied the contents, then yanked out the carton of milk. “What of it?”

"Wil!”

“Sorry, Buffy. Didn’t want to horn in on Anya and Xand’s wedding.” Willow unscrewed the cap, and gulped down a few mouthfuls of milk before she replaced it, and dropped it onto the counter.

Faith made a face. “That’s gross.”

“You’re gross,” Willow retorted without missing a beat. She wiped at her mouth with her sleeve, then looked at her watch again. “Shit!”
“Where are you off to in such a rush?” Xander watched her dash across the kitchen, grabbing a piece of bread, and pushed it-rather violently- into the toaster.

“Book pitch.” Willow reached for the milk again, but Faith, who was sitting in close range, smacked her away. Willow retreated, hand stinging, and glowered again.

“Don’t you usually do that in letter-form?” Xander leaned forward, looking a bit interested. Buffy crossed her arms and looked away, still seething. Dawn stayed completely silent on her end of the couch, staring at her knees.

“Cordy likes to do it in person. Makes it flashier.” Willow drummed her fingers on the counter, stealing glances at her watch every few seconds.

“Same old Cordy we know and hate,” Buffy remarked bitterly from the couch. Willow barely suppressed a smile.

Before Willow could answer, Tara came down the stairs, in a bit of a rush, clothed only in a sheet wrapped around her. “Baby, you forgot your-oh.” When she saw a kitchen full of eyes staring back at her, she stopped midsentence, went bright red, and clutched her sheet closer, darting to the side so only her head peeked around the doorway.

Willow frowned. “I’m so sorry, baby; I told Faith to keep it down, but she’s too damned thick-skulled to listen.”

“Ahem. Sitting right here.” Faith lifted her eyes to glare at her.

“Point?”

“U-um, Willow, sweetie? Can you come here for a second?” Tara intervened before another argument could surface, and Willow looked up, trotting over dutifully. Tara took her hand, and led her a bit further down the hall, away from the prying eyes.

“You were in such a rush that you forgot your” – Tara glanced over her shoulder, then lowered her voice – “underwear.” From under her sheet, she produced the garment in question, holding up for Willow to see.

“Damn it! I knew I was forgetting something!” Willow quickly snatched the panties away and wadded them into her fist before someone came down the hallway and saw, her face red with embarrassment – which she couldn’t really fathom why, because Tara had seen her underwear, and so much more, several times before.

“And second...” Tara pinned the sheet under her arms, then moved forward, pressing Willow against the wall. She leaned forward, and traced Willow’s lips with her tongue, using her teeth to tug lightly on her lower lip. “I’ll be reminding you why you forgot them in the first place when you get back.”

“Damn,” Willow breathed when Tara pulled back, and moved away, eyes closed, breathing heavily. “Remind me again why I have to leave the house?”

“Book pitch, honey. Moola.” Tara rubbed two fingers together, and grinned at her.

Willow shook her head, eyes still closed. “Can’t we live off the movie moola?”

“Oh, Willow. You really don’t want to sacrifice this idea just for an extra couple of hours with me, do you?”

"I’m really thinking about it, yeah.”

Tara laughed quietly, and cupped Willow’s cheek, running her thumb across her skin. “This one’s a winner, though, baby. Don’t worry. We’ve got forever, remember?”

“Apparently not, with Anya in the rage she’s in.”

She chuckled. “If you’re that worried about her, we’ll lock ourselves in our room and put bunnies in front of and behind the door.”

Willow licked her lips, and opened her eyes. “Liking that idea.”

Tara gave her a playful swat as she headed for the door to the kitchen. “Get out of here before I lock you in myself.”

“Will you?”

“Willow!”

“Okay, okay, I’m going.” Willow pouted as she walked into the kitchen. “She’s such a tease.”

Five pairs of eyes turned to her. Willow blushed when she realized she’d spoken out loud.

“Err, I gotta go.” Snagging her toast on her way to the door – who needed butter when you were completely mortified? – Willow hurried herself out of the front door before she could let anything else Tara would not appreciate her repeating out loud slip out.

The five of them watched her go. Faith braced herself with her elbows, leaning back on the counter with a smirk that clearly stated she knew exactly who Willow was talking about. Anya was still sulking on the couch, but she wasn’t too pissed to not notice the look of interest on Xander’s face – and was quite capable of smacking him.

“Xander! She’s Willow’s lesbian! And you’re my fiancé!”

An uncomfortable, thick silence settled over them – minus Faith, who was staring at Xander, teeth clenched. Ever since she had gotten over her own jealousy – if you could call it that – of Willow and Tara, she had set her anger on anyone who threatened their relationship – even Xander.

Buffy cleared her throat. “Did Melanie stay over, Faith?”

Almost immediately, she seemed to realize her words were exactly the wrong ones to say to steer the topic of conversation away from her friends’ sex lives, but Faith, Xander momentarily forgotten, just grinned. “For Christ’s sake, B, little sis’s innocence is still intact. We slept in my bed, and she slept on the mattress on the floor. It’s not like we’d do anything completely R-rated in front of her.”

“Unless we were drunk.” Melanie entered the kitchen, damp hair pulled back in a ponytail. She immediately headed for the counter, hopping up beside Faith easily. “And even then, we’d be careful. 14A at the most. Hey, baby.”

“Morning, Mel. Have a nice shower?” Faith put an arm around her, threading her fingers through her girlfriend’s wet hair.

“It was rather lonely,” Melanie answered with feigned moroseness, batting her eyelashes at Faith, the picture of innocence.

Faith chuckled, and tugged on the end of her ponytail. “I guess we’ll have to fix that next time.” She leaned in for a deep good-morning kiss.

“Geez,” Dawn muttered from her spot on the couch, “Everyone’s horny this morning.”

“Dawn!”

“What? I’m fifteen, Buffy! I’m not stupid. I do hear things, you know.”

“She’s got a point, B,” Faith said, breaking away from Melanie.

“Teenagers with so many limits tend to rebel against them,” Melanie added, nodding seriously.

“Let me be the big sister, okay?” Buffy snapped at them. “Instead of you two, playing tonsil hockey over there.”

Tonsil hockey? Oh, please. That was hardly a kiss!” Faith protested.

“Now, I didn’t see it, but knowing you, Faith, it was probably edging towards the 14A scale.”

“Oh, shut up, Tara.” Faith scowled at the blonde, who reappeared, fully dressed, into the kitchen, carrying a brief case with her. “Hey, you goin’ to a business meeting or something? Aww, shit, Tara, are we being sued?”

“Ha ha. Actually, it’s Willow’s. I’m waiting for her to realize she forgot it.”

“Well if somebody hadn’t distracted her...” Melanie hinted, raising both eyebrows at Tara, so high they disappeared under her dark bangs.

“Hey, I don’t blame Red for being preoccupied. I’ve seen Tara naked before, and she’s nothing to pass up.”

Everyone in the kitchen – including Willow, who had, just as Tara had predicted, raced back into the house in search of her briefcase – turned to stare at Faith, who just smiled sweetly. All eyes then moved to Tara, who flushed a bright red.

“Uh, no, you haven’t. That wasn’t seeing me naked; that was picking the lock of the bathroom and ripping the shower curtain open when I was trying to shower in college.”

When Melanie looked at her questioningly, Faith shrugged. “The cold water prank. Simple, easy, but funny. I didn’t mean to sneak a peek; it just happened. It wasn’t my idea, anyways; it was Apryl’s. But no worries, Mel. I don’t think of her that way.”

“Apparently you do,” Anya muttered, hands folded primly over her stomach. She seemed to finally be getting over her temper tantrum, and was intent on the conversation.

“Looking for this, Wil?” Tara held up the briefcase, a distraction, and Willow darted across the room to grab it. As her fingers wrapped around the handle, Tara curled her own around Willow’s wrist, and pulled her in for a quick kiss. “She hardly saw anything. I promise. She was too busy running away from me,” She whispered in her ear. She placed one last kiss on her neck, then let her fiancé go. “Now shoo. I have a promise to keep, but you have to go pitch a book first.”

Willow kissed her cheek. “It’ll be the most amazing book pitch known to man.”

“If you can concentrate,” Melanie said teasingly.

Willow blushed. Tara just stuck her tongue out at her, now used to the jibes the two couples shared.

“It’s hard to get your naked girlfriend out of your mind sometimes while you’re at work, isn’t it?”

Melanie went bright red, and Faith laughed. “You walked into that one, Mel. Nice one, Tare bear.”

“Hey! My nickname!” Willow protested.

“Shove off. I’ve been calling her that since college.”

“Which was like, two years ago!”

And you’ve known her how long again?”

Willow opened her mouth, but Tara put her hand on her shoulder, and squeezed. The redhead pressed her lips together, and shook her head. “You know what? It doesn’t matter; I have to get this book sold. Bye all.”

There was a chorus of goodbyes from the group assembled in the kitchen as the screen door slammed shut behind her. Tara sighed, and tried not to think of the long hours that would separate them.

Faith looked as if she was trying to decide if she was amused, disgusted, or in awe. “You two are worse than us. You’re like a pair of freakin’ rabbits!”

Anya, who had been paying less attention as the conversation became less interesting to her, suddenly jerked upright. “Rabbits? What? Where?” She tried to pick her feet up, as if she was afraid they were by them, which was a struggle for her.

Everyone rolled their eyes. Xander did his best to untangle his fiancé from the knot she was slowly twisting herself into.

“Ahn, when you’re pregnant, there are certain limitations to what your body can do.”

She just looked at him, indignant. “You didn’t seem to care about that last night.”

Aw, in my old bed?! Tara wrinkled her nose, deciding she was washing the sheets when everyone had cleared out. Her eyes stopped on Faith’s face, and she could tell Faith was thinking the same thing.

They sat in silence for a moment; Tara could see Xander’s embarrassment in the way he ducked his head and stared at the floor. Then Faith nudged Melanie with her elbow.

“So you really think about me naked when you’re at work?”

“Faith!”

“Aw, you know you love me.”

Melanie pressed her red face against Faith’s arm; Tara could hear her giggling, so she knew she wasn’t too offended. Faith just grinned. “Damn, girl.”

Buffy cleared her throat again – more pointedly this time. Tara scratched her head, and looked around the room, eyes wandering anywhere but the two sitting on the counter, praying for some kind of distraction. She was used to a waterfall of crude remarks coming out of her best friend’s mouth without a thought, but she wasn’t used to seeing her with someone like that – someone who brought out a light in her that Tara had never seen before.

Riley chose that moment to come in from his morning workout, patting his face with a towel. “So,” He said, shutting the screen door, “What’s everyone talking about?”

[center]***[/center]

“Tara, can you have two maid of honour...s?”

Tara, stretched out across the bed they shared in Willow’s –their—room, looked up from anyone’s worst nightmare – bills that demanded the pay she wasn’t sure she could give. “Not sure, honey,” She said absently. Her eyes drifted back to the bills, then, a moment later, realization crossed her face, and her eyes snapped back up. “Wil? What’re you doing over there?”

Willow quickly minimized her document – filled with plans and ideas for the wedding, but Tara didn’t need to know that – swivelling in her chair so she was facing Tara, guilt etched on every line of her face. “Nothing.”
Tara eyed her suspiciously. “You were getting ideas for the wedding, weren’t you?”

“Of courst not!”

“You suck at lying, Wil.” Tara looked back down at her collection of papers. “But points for trying.”

Willow bit her lip, then hung her head, ashamed. She didn’t answer, just spun herself back around to face her computer.

“Willow.” With a sigh, Tara abandoned the bills for something more favourable. She bent over the redhead, brushing strands of copper hair aside so she could rest her chin on her shoulder – a position her body fell into naturally after being curved into so often in the past year. “You’re supposed to be writing.”

“I know, I know,” Willow half-moaned. “I just can’t help it. I want it to be perfect. It has to be perfect.”

“And it will be,” Tara said soothingly, kissing the bare skin of her shoulder that was exposed by the tank top she was wearing. “My darling Willow, as much as your tendency to obsess over the little things is adorable, you’re thinking too much about the wrong thing. Right now, you should focus on your book. This one’s gonna go places; I know it. Once we set a date for the wedding, you can worry and obsess all you want. Okay?”

“Okay,” Willow agreed softly.

They were both quiet for a moment, enjoying the intimate touch. Tara closed her eyes and rested her cheek against the side of Willow’s throat. Then Willow turned her head so she could see Tara’s face and asked, tentatively, “So do you think we can have two...maids of honour?”

Tara chuckled, and snapped the strap of the redhead’s bra playfully, leaning away from her with a smirk. “I don’t know. Why?”

“Because we have two potentials – Faith and Buffy.” Willow spun again to face her, deep in thought.

Tara smiled and let her forehead rest against the other girl’s. “Do you really think Faith will want to spend that much time in a decent, modest, not-black dress?”

Willow’s forehead creased. “Do you think we could bribe her?”

Tara laughed again, then leaned closer, placed a kiss at the corner of her mouth, simple bait. “I’m sure Mel could.”

“Mmm.” Willow let the sound hum low in her throat as she leaned towards the blonde, already hooked. “And what are you bribing me for?”

“Do your writing, and I’ll make it up to you for the lost time.”

Willow paused, her lips a hairsbreadth away from Tara’s, and pouted.

“That’s hardly fair.”

“Sorry, honey. You have to get your work done. And if I have to leave, I will.”

“No.” Willow reached down, and gripped the blonde’s hand. “Don’t go. I’ll be good. Promise.”

Tara smirked. “Is that even possible?”

Willow darted in to kiss her briefly before she could pull away.

“Completely. Go pay your bills.”

Tara withdrew her arms, feigning hurt. “You make it sound like I’m the one slacking off.”

Willow twirled in a circle, then faced her computer again, clicking open the right document. “I don’t see you payin’ bills.”

Tara snapped her bra again, and Willow jumped.

“If you keep doing that, it’s going to have to come off.”

Tara smiled. “Smartass.”

Last edited by lilcheesenip on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Keeping Destiny [Sequal to Saving Grace!]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:05 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
LOL, very cute. The bra strap popping brings decidedly stinging and unpleasant memories to the fore.

Nice job.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:35 am 
4. Extra Flamey

OMG, SEQUAL! :D
So cute! I love the playful banter between the couples :).
Poor Buffy :'). She can't protect Dawn from her friends bedroom antics haha.
Can't wait for more :D.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:58 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Yay, yay, and hooray! I've been waiting eagerly for this sequel, I'm so glad it's here! Things are off to a hilarious start. I can't wait to see what the book is about, and I really look forward to the wedding! :wtkiss :pride

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:21 am 
3. Flaming O

Yay!! Great Chapter can't wait for more!!!

Post subject: Re: Keeping Destiny [Sequel to Saving Grace!]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:01 am 
2. Floating Rose

Good start, can't wait for the rest!!!

mstrykl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:18 am 
4. Extra Flamey

This is a really nice start. I'm intrigued by the summary for your sequal.

Hope you update soon,

Laura.

In the end, it doesn't matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
-Anon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:21 am 
3. Flaming O

I like it :) , very fluffy! can't wait for the next update!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:34 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Fantastic opening with all the family sitting around and basically talking about one thing. Great comedy with Willow forgetting first her panties ;-) then her briefcase.

'Geeze, Dawn muttered everyone's horny this morning.'
'Dawn!'
'What? I'm, fifteen not stupid.'

great dialogue between the Summers girls

'Xander! She's Willow's lesbian! And you're my fiance!'

more great dialogue, this time from the mistress of tactlessness, Anya.

So far I'm loving this story and I'm sure that it willl be as awsome as Saving Grace was. Please update on this tale and soon, then we can learn more of Tara's past.