The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Halfway Home (Updated 1/11/11)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:09 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
DIBS!!!

Quote:
She raised her hand to knock, for the first time in her life tentative. Her hand wavered at the wood as she furrowed her brows and stared blankly at the ground. Hearing another sniffle, Faith snapped into focus and rapped firmly, but not harshly, on the oak door.

Tara’s head throbbed, her eyes were raw, and the back of her ached like it was being stretched out by a large lump. She lay curled up against the leather jacket, with her face buried into the mattress.

A loud knock pierced the room and Tara flinched and leapt to her feet with almost superhuman speed, her whole body trembling. She wearily exhaled, blowing the stress through ruby lips. She sighed and stretched her neck in either direction, and then rolled her shoulders, relaxing them down her back.

Here's what I like about this passage: a fresh take on Faith - keeping the brash charm but showing a real person underneath, the detail of Tara leaping to her feet and relaxing her body written so vividly you can see it and feel it.

Then Willow, shown so clearly living a very different kind of life. I'm fascinated by how these amazing women will find each other and interact.

Okay, Repeat-o-girl with the nagging here! Write! Write! Write! :kgeek

Ariel

Last edited by Ariel on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:10 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Dibs!

I should be sleeping. Be back with a reply! LOL, Shel apparently you and I need to read ahead!

Congrats Ariel!

Nice to see an update, short but sweet. It was good to see a glimpse of Tara's humor, it would be great to see into her thought-process, a glimpse of the inner workings, the way we get little glimpses with Willow.

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

Last edited by LonelyTara on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:13 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
DIBS!! Dang it! I didn't look at the next pg! lol

I concede to the fair Ariel! Luckily I'm in a very good mood since Auburn won tonight!! :pinky :pinky Which is the same reason why I didn't actually get dibs.

Even thought this was a short chapter, it was definitely important in setting up things to come and character development.

Quote:
“Should we have a system then? Bra on the doorknob? Wouldn’t want to interrupt you and the stand mixer....”

I like that Tara has an edge and a good sense of humor. This really shows that she genuinely likes Faith and is already feeling comfortable around her.

~Faith was incredibly sweet to Tara, sensing Tara to be like a wounded bird and almost literally wrapping her in a warm blanket...very nice.

Quote:
She ran her thumbs underneath the rainbow straps of her backpack and adjusted them on her shoulders;

I loved this! Great way to show Willow's sexuality without actually saying it...or I'm wrong and she just happens to have a rainbow backpack, lol. This was something I always loved in the show. Every time they would show Willow and Buffy walking through the HS halls, Willow was ALWAYS fiddling with the straps. I felt like it was a subtle way of showing Willow's nervous energy.

So, I'm kinda guessing that they will all end up at the mall and that's how W/T will meet?? Can't wait to see how it all plays out!!

Yay for an update next week!!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:03 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
What a great little update! The Faith/Tara interaction was very sweet, and you're starting to show that Tara A) has a sense of humor, isn't all beat down and perma-sad and B) can give as good as she gets from Faith - very cool.

Ooo Willow shops with out the parental unit! So is Buffy gonna pimp Willow out, so to speak? No more Sears catalog look for our Willow, hopefully?

BTW, you signature has me rollin' - love it!

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:46 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Oh, Yay! Thrilled to see this updated.

Amazing job showing the Tara and Faith personalities here. They're learning more about each other, and so are we. I especially like seeing Faith like this. Very nice interaction. And it seems Faith doesn't know why she can hear so well through walls. Hmm...interesting.

Again with the nice description of Willow. All the little things are just perfect. And her family life is quite interesting. Ira giving her the credit card is awesome, and I love the idea that she can finally pick out her own clothes for a change. No more Softer Side of Sears for her I hope. On the show, I happened to notice she looked so much better in tight jeans than jumpers for some reason. :blush So I'm selfishly hoping she gets a few pairs of those on her shopping spree.

Please don't keep us waiting very long for more, cause I'm really excited to see what happens next!

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:19 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 2
I just read this and I love when Faith and Tara are friends, shows that faith isn't a total bitch, at least when she tries.
Too bad nothing since the last post. Hopefully soon there will be an update, I want to see Tara and Willowy goodness!

A Proposal Plan, A Star's Second Chance
Finey_McFine's Fan club http://finey-mcfinefanclub.webs.com/

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13
http://www.astronsoulfanfictions.com/
http://astronsoulfanfic.tripod.com/twilight/