The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: An Everyday Life (New Update 12/13/12)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:18 pm 
5. Willowhand

Title - An Everyday Life
Author name – beautiful_love a.k.a. Jessica
Rating - PG-13 for this chapter
Disclaimer - I don't own these characters.
Feedback- absolutely
Summary- Totally AU - Tara meets Willow - the happy bumblings of falling in love - I'm not too good at this summary thing.
Notes- I've been a lurker here for quite a while now and cooked up a few different stories in my own mind. This is the first time I've been brave enough to post one. Hopefully it will be enjoyed.

Chapter One

The sun streaming in through the windows was what initially caused Tara to stir from her peaceful Sunday slumber. She blinked a few times to allow her eyes to adjust before pushing the covers back and putting her feet on the floor. She’d gone to bed at around one that morning after waiting, unsuccessfully, for her roommate to come home from her date. She listened carefully for any sign that the other girl had made it home but the two bedroom apartment was silent.

Figures, she thought as she stood up and made her bed. I stay in with a tub of Ben and Jerry’s and Friends re-runs and she ends up going home with another girl on the first date.

She knew what it was. She was too shy. And while she’d grown more confident in her college years, thanks to the help of some great friends including her current roommate, she still found it almost impossible to talk to anyone she found herself remotely attracted to. And the few girls that she had dated in the past few years had fizzled out after only a month or two when both parties had lost interest.

She looked outside to see another beautiful California morning and figured she’d get her run in now before the day got too hot. She jogged around downtown Sunnydale for about an hour, making sure to stick to the streets she knew, since she had yet to explore the town in depth since moving there only a few weeks ago.

She returned to the apartment a little before eleven and immediately made her way to the bathroom to shower. The water streaming down on her felt good against her tense muscles and she didn’t even notice how long she’d been standing under the cascade of water until she heard a door close inside the apartment. She quickly turned off the water and dried herself before peeking her head out of the bathroom, hearing someone moving around the kitchen. She followed the noise and saw the refrigerator door open and a slender backside sticking out behind it.

“So you had a nice time last night?” she asked, tucking the towel tighter around her body.

“Hey Tare,” her roommate said with a smile as she stood up straight and took a giant gulp of orange juice straight from the carton.

“Did she drain you of all your vitamin C?” Tara asked as she smirked at her friend.

“We had a nice time.”

“I’m sure you did.”

“What did you end up doing?”

“Nothing really. Just hung out here.”

“Why don’t you come out with me tonight?”

“Because it’s Sunday and I have to be at work bright and early tomorrow.”

“Well let’s at least go out to dinner. My treat. You need to get out of here for a while.”

“Fine,” Tara relented, knowing her roommate would pester her until she gave in. She went to move towards her bedroom to get dressed when her cell phone rang from her purse near the front door.

“Hello?... Hey… Sure… Actually we’re going to dinner tonight… Ok, I’ll text you later with the details… Bye.”

“Who was that?” she heard from the kitchen.

“Anya. She’s coming to dinner with us tonight.”

“Great. I can fill her up on the NC-17 details of my date.”

“Classy Faith,” Tara said as she rolled her eyes at her roommate and continued to her bedroom. Faith just laughed behind her.

“Anya! Over here!” Faith yelled as she waived across the lounge to the bouncing blonde at the door. Anya spotted her and quickly made her way across the room, the clicking of her heels on the tile floor only adding to the din of the crowded restaurant. She slid in the booth beside Tara with a sigh and put her purse on the floor.

“It’s a mad house in here. Does no one eat at home anymore?” she asked as she opened the menu in front of her.

“Anya, don’t you store shoe boxes and bank statements in your oven?” Faith asked as she took a sip from the beer in front of her.

“So? It’s a perfectly acceptable place to store valuable items,” Anya answered without even looking up. Tara and Faith shared a knowing smirk at the bluntness that was Anya and continued to peruse there own menus.

“So what’s new with you Anya?” Faith asked, taking another sip of her beer after the waiter left with their order.

“Yeah, you said you had big news,” Tara chimed in.

“Very big news. I’m going to Mexico with Xander for a week,” she said, a million watt smile breaking across her face. “It’s our first official vacation as a couple.” The two girls were quiet for a moment, just staring at Anya before looking at each other for an answer. “Well? Aren’t you excited for me?”

“Well sure we are sweetie. That’s great,” Tara said, trying to choose her next words carefully. “It’s just… Who’s Xander?”

“You guys know Xander. I’ve been dating him for two months now. He gives me the best orgasms I’ve ever had!”

Faith laughed and Tara choked on her water as the surrounding tables all turned there heads at this. Anya was oblivious as usual.

“I thought his name was Alex,” Tara finally got out after her coughing fit had ended.

“Well it’s Alexander. I started calling him Alex and last week I heard one of his friends call him Xander. He said only his mom calls him Alex. That immediately freaked me out, especially considering all the times I say his name during sex.” Once again Faith burst out laugh and Tara shrunk down a little further in the booth to avoid the stares from the other patrons. “So now he’s Xander.”

“Well that’s great Anya,” Faith said with a genuine smile. “When are you leaving?”

“Next week actually. So I have a ton of work to do around the shop before I leave. I just hope they can handle everything while I’m not there.”

“I’m sure everything will be fine. You have that place in great shape,” Tara said.

“And who else our age owns there own business?” Faith said.

"Well the sex toy industry was booming. Last year was the best time to get into the game," Anya answered matter of factly as looked between her friends and nodded. "So what have you guys been up to?" she asked as their salads arrived.

"Work mostly," Tara said as she picked the onions off her salad that she'd forgotten to tell the waiter to omit.

"Same here," Faith said. "I have a few new clients I'm trying to get started on the program this week."

"I thought you had other stories for her Faith," Tara said. "Provocative stories."

"Oh, I love those kind!" Anya squeeled in delight. "Spill."

"I actually don't," Faith said, staring down at a wilted piece of lettace.

"What! Come on, you're stories are the best," Anya urged.

"Yeah, and what about the girl from last night?" Tara said, finally catching the brunettes eye.

"Nothing happened. We went out and she invited me back to her place to hang out for a bit. We watched a movie and I ended up crashing on her couch."

"Well that's boring," Anya said, going back to her salad.

"Really?" Tara asked in disbelief. "Nothing else happened?"

"Nope." Faith was quiet for a moment as she thought about the previous evening.

Tara stared across the table at her best friend, fork poised in front of her mouth in total disbelief that this was true.

"What?" Faith asked as she caught her staring.

"Nothing, I just..." Tara trailed off at a loss for a moment. "Are you going to see her again?"

"Yeah," Faith answered. "I'm supposed to go out with her again on Tuesday. I think we're seeing a movie."

"Well I'm sure you can get into her pants on the second date," Anya said in all seriousness.

"Thanks for the encouragement," Faith said with a laugh as she took bite of tomato.

"Ok, the next time we go out, she's not invited," Tara said as she and Faith entered their apartment a few hours later. "I can't take anymore talk about anal bead sales over dinner. I mean the table next to us had a child!"

"I know," Faith said with a laugh. "She's awful, but I love her."

"Me too." Tara stopped in the kitchen to put away her leftovers and watched as Faith stretched out on the couch in the living room, remote in hand. "So, can I ask you something?"

"Sure," Faith answered, her eyes focused on the televison set.

"This girl, what's the deal? Do you really like her?"

Faith was quite for a moment, still watching the box in front of her as an orange juice ad finished it's thirty second spot with a catchy jingle.

"She's different," she finally answered. "I mean, I don't know. There's just something about her that's got me hooked. We've been out a few times now and I'm not even thinking about how to get her into bed. I just like being with her." The way she described it, she almost seemed embarrassed and Tara couldn't help but smile kindly at her best friend.

"That's great Faith. Really. I'm happy for you." The two girls were silent for another moment before Tara made a move towards her bedroom, thinking of the work that she had to take care of before the next morning. "Oh, what's her name?" she asked as she stopped at the doorway to her bedroom.

"Buffy. Buffy Summers."

"So what do you think?" Buffy asked as she stepped out from behind the bedroom mirror and spun around once in the middle of the bedroom floor. "Does this outfit give the right message?"

"Well what do you want the message to be?"

"I was thinking along the lines of 'I'm sexy as hell and I want you to be thinking about me later tonight when you're alone in your bed?'" Buffy suggested as she looked down at herself.

"Well in that case you may want to consider a different shirt because you're dangerously close to saying 'We're not going to make it to the movies because I'm going I'm going to pop out of my top right now and leave you blinded by a misfired, flyaway button.'"

"Willow!" Buffy pouted and moved back to her closet to find a different shirt. Behind her, her best friend just gave a small chuckle and looked back at the magazine she'd been reading. "Ok fine, how about this one?"

"Much better," Willow answered with a nodded as Buffy emerged from the other side of the mirror and a more modest but still sexy top. "Now you look like a girl who just happens to look great without trying."

"Thanks," Buffy said with smile as she smoothed her hands down her outfit self consciously.

"She still hasn't made a move?" Willow asked with a wrinkled nose.

"No!" Buffy cried out in frustration. "I mean, not that I want to rush into anything because I don't. But she's so hot Will! And everytime I see her I just want to rip her clothes off. And she just goes along with the date like it's no big deal."

"How many times have you guys gone out now?"

"This is our fifth date. I mean, I'm trying not to throw myself under the bus here because I really like her and I think she really likes me too. This could definitely go somewhere, I know it can. But can't I sleep with here while we're on the way?" Buffy slumped down on the bed and Willow sat up next to her, putting a reassuring hand on Buffy's shoulder.

"I'm sure you'll get there. I doubt she'd put in enough work to go on five dates with you if she wasn't physically attracted to you." Buffy shrugged but said nothing. "Maybe there's something wrong with her. Does she maybe have an extra limb or something that she doesn't want you to know about?" That's all it took for Buffy to crack a real smile.

"Ok, ok. I get it. I'm being overly analytical. I'll stop."

"Good," Willow said as she stood and moved towards the bedroom door.

"Hey, are you still going out tonight?" Buffy called after her.

"No," Willow said as she popped her head back in the room. "I called and cancelled."

"Will! Why? I thought you had a good time with Janet this weekend."

"Not really," Willow said as she stared at the floor.

"But you guys have so much in common. You told me you hit it off."

"Yeah, about that. I kind of lied. It was really an awkward date. And it's the last set up that you'll be doing for me. No offense Buf, but you pick out the worst girls for me."

"Well fine," Buffy said, indignantly. "But if I wait for you to find someone on your own we'll both have gray hair and have to have our hearing aids turned all the way up so we can hear what numbers are being called in the bingo hall!" Willow dropped her gaze to the floor again and Buffy worried that she'd hurt her friend. "I just want you to be happy Will. I want you to meet someone who will be as good to you as you deserve."

"I know," Willow said with a small nod. "And I appreciate it. I'm just starting to wonder if there really is someone out there for me."

"Will," Buffy said as she moved towards her friend and wrapped her in a comforting hug. "Of course there's someone out there for you. And she'll be everything you want and deserve. Beautiful, funny, smart, kind. And you'll find her. I know you will. Just don't give up looking."

Their moment of comfort was interupted by the doorbell and Buffy looked at the clock in the hallway behind Willow to see that it was seven o'clock, the time she'd agreed to have Faith pick her up.

"Look, we'll talk later ok?" Buffy said as Willow finally met her gaze.

"Ok. Have fun tonight," Willow said as Buffy rushed down the stares. "And for God's sake please pull your skirt down, I can see your underwear." Buffy just shot her a dirty look as she shook her hips to lower her skirt an inch and opened the front door.

Last edited by beautiful_love on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Post subject: Re: An Everyday Life
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:39 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Dibs...Great start. I loooooooooooooooooooove the Willow and Tara falling in love stories the most. I always thought that Tara and Faith would make great friends because they would balance each other out... Classic Anya.. You wrote her very well. I love how you combined her 2 greatest passions.. Sex and Money. The Sex Toy industry is perfect!!! Can't wait for our Girls to meet and for the love afair 2 begin...... :wtkiss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:54 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

more pleasee? :pray :pray
I like how Faith did have some self-hormone-control, while Buffy didn't :kdevil
can't wait for Willow and Tara to meet..so, update soon? please :blush

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

Last edited by arsyadriani on Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:32 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Hi!

Great start!! If Willow has sworn off Buffy set ups, I'm wondering how the girls will meet? Can't wait to read more.

Please update soon!! :pray

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:57 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Hi!

Totally loving this fic; always liked Faith/Tara friendship and love the idea of a Fuffy couple.

Also love the banter and humor between Buffy and Willow and with Anya, too. Sure hand with the characters, nice work!

Definitely eager for more . . . so don't leave me hanging! :shy

Thanks,

Ariel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:02 pm 

Quite enjoyable so far! I love Buffy and Faith as a couple, second to Willow and Tara, of course!

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:57 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great beginning... I wonder how Willow & Tara are going to meet... I kinda hope they meet without assistance from Faith or Buffy... Big lol for Anya, I think she's very happy when she can combine 2 of her favorite thing: sex & money so sex toy industry is perfect for her...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:41 pm 
5. Willowhand

Feedback Replies:

SMGOVAN - Thanks. I always wondered what it would be like for Faith and Tara to be friends because I did think they would be a great balance within the Scooby gang. And Anya is one of my favorites. She's just so entertaining.

arsyadriani - Thanks. I don't think I'd be able to have any self control if I was Buffy either. Lol.

Finey_McFine - Thank you. And there's always trickery to get someone to do what you want them to do so Buffy will find a way.

Ariel - Thanks for the feedback. I was really trying to get the characters just right while still keeping it and AU story.

LonelyTara - Thanks. Of course Willow and Tara are the best.

zampsa19752001 - Thanks for reading. Anya is always sure to entertain. I hope I don't disappoint you with the girls meeting.

Post subject: An Everyday Life (Update 12/20)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:50 pm 
5. Willowhand

Title - An Everyday Life
Feedback- absolutely
Summary- Totally AU - Tara meets Willow - the happy bumblings of falling in love - I'm not too good at this summary thing.

Chapter Two

Willow stretched her back and blinked her eyes several times as she closed her laptop, frustrated by the fact that she still couldn’t figure out why the new program her team had designed wasn’t working right. She looked at the clock on the stove and saw she’d been working on it for the past two hours without meaning to.

The front door slamming only further shocked her back to reality and a moment later she saw the culprit rounding the corner to enter the kitchen.

“Oh, hey Willow. I didn’t know you were home.”

“Hey Dawnie. Where’ve you been?” she asked as the younger Summers sister opened the fridge to raid it.

“Study group. Mid-terms are next week so trying to cram in all I can,” she answered, still staring into the fridge.

“Was that for anatomy?” Willow asked with a smirk as she noticed the red circular blotch on Dawn’s neck. Dawn immediately turned to Willow and noticed the knowing look on her face.

“I thought I had it covered,” she said as she brushed her hair forward over her shoulder, somewhat hiding the mark.

“Just put a little cover up over it before class tomorrow. Actually you may want to do it as soon as you wake up because if Buffy sees it, you know you’re in for a lecture.”

“Like she never had a hickey,” Dawn grumbled, knowing Willow was right. “Where is she anyway?”

“Date with that girl she’s been seeing.”

“Didn’t they just go out last night?” Willow just nodded. “Must be going good then,” Dawn said with an impish smirk before she started whistling the tune to a song that would most likely be found in a bad porno.

“Dawnie!” Willow chastised, though she couldn’t help but laugh at the young woman’s antics. She had to remind herself quite frequently and Buffy even more often that Dawn had grown up and was no longer the young school girl that they both sometimes still saw her as. “She really likes her I think.”

“I figured,” Dawn said as she closed the fridge, finding nothing of interest and leaned over the counter where Willow sat. “So why aren’t you out?”

“It’s Tuesday night. I have work tomorrow.”

“So? I mean it’s not like you’re an old maid. You’re twenty eight Will. You’re still allowed to have fun.” Willow just shrugged and packed her laptop into its case. She didn’t want to admit to the younger woman that even if she wanted to, she had nowhere to go.

*************************************************************************************

“So how’s everything going with your new roommate?” Buffy asked as she took another drink from the wine glass in front of her.

“Great. I mean we’ve lived together before, back in college so I wasn’t worried. I think she’s still getting acclimated to everything here though,” Faith answered from her side of the small table at the Italian restaurant Buffy had chosen for them.

“What’s her name again?”

“Tara.”

“That’s right. So she doesn’t have any habits that drive you crazy or anything?” Buffy asked.

“No,” Faith laughed. “She’s great. I just worry about her sometimes. I mean, I know she loves her job here and she’s great at it. She’s one of the best architects they have but she doesn’t have much of a social life outside of me and our friend Anya. She doesn’t ever date or anything.”

“No offense but is there something wrong with her?”

“No, not at all. She’s great. She’s smart, funny, and beautiful. She’s the sweetest girl you’ll ever meet,” Faith explained. “She’s just really shy when she first meets people and a lot of time people don’t want to put in the time to get to know her.”

“That’s too bad. She sounds like a catch,” Buffy said. “My roommate’s the same way though. Love’s her job and everything but I think every date she’s been on in the past year was a set up by me.”

“Those didn’t go so well?”

“Not at all. I set her up with this woman last week who I thought would be perfect for her and apparently I was wrong. She informed me that I was no longer allowed to set her up with anyone.”

“What’s she like?” Faith asked.

“Willow is unique. She’s a great girl. A little quirky but kind and generous. She’s absolutely adorable and smarter than anyone I know. Whoever she ends up with is going to be the luckiest woman in the world,” Buffy said.

“Woman? So she’s gay?” Faith asked, a look of surprise crossing her face.

“Yeah. Is that a problem? Because if it is then this is definitely not going to work,” Buffy said with a small smirk as she motioned between Faith and herself. Faith just laughed.

“No. I was just surprised is all. Tara is too actually.”

“Oh.” Buffy said nothing else but Faith could see the wheels in her head start to turn.

“What are you thinking about?”

“Nothing. Just maybe they could meet sometime.”

“I thought you said Willow told you no more set ups.”

“Well maybe I just won’t tell her about it. Maybe we could just all go out sometime as me meeting your best friend and you meeting mine. And they never have to know that we talked about this.”

“I don’t know Buf. I mean, I don’t want to make Tara uncomfortable or anything.”

“But think about how great it would be if they ended up liking each other. And they would owe all their thanks to us.” The mischievous smile on Buffy’s face made it hard for Faith to resist her proposition.

“What did you have in mind?”

*************************************************************************************

Tara rubbed her temples and blinked her eyes a few times as she continued to look at the drawing in front of her. She knew the dimensions of the building were already set but was finding it nearly impossible to incorporate all of the different features that her new client wanted. Glancing at the clock on her desk she realized she was running late and that she’d have to put this headache on hold for now. She rolled up the drawing and packed up her supplies, hoping to work from home for the weekend before heading out. She had just reached her car when her cell phone started to ring.

“Hello?” she answered as she tried to balance half of the contents of her office while opening the passenger door.

“Hey, have you left work yet?” Faith asked on the other end.

“Just getting in the car now. Why, what’s up?” Tara asked, still struggling to get everything in her hands into to the car.

“Nothing, just wanted to make sure you left on time and didn’t forget about our plans for tonight.”

“Faith you already reminded me about it this morning. I didn’t forget.”

“Ok, just making sure. We have to be there at eight.”

“Where are we going again?” Tara asked, finally getting everything situated and closing the passenger door. Across the parking garage she noticed two men from her office watching in amusement as she struggled to get into the car. She quickly dropped her head in embarrassment, letting her hair curtain her face in an old familiar, defensive move while making her way to the driver’s side of the car and climbing in.

“The Park Club. It’s nice. Anya and I went there a few times before you moved. She was always trying to pick up guys there, but what’s new with that,” Faith said with a laugh and Tara couldn’t help but giggle a little herself. “They play good music though and it’s always good for people watching.”

“Are you sure you want me to go?”

“Absolutely. I want you to meet Buffy and she wants to meet you,” Faith answered, giving only the partial truth.

“Ok, well I’ll be home in like twenty minutes,” Tara said as she pulled out of the parking garage, thankful that it was late enough that she’d missed the worst of rush hour.

“Great. See you then.” Faith hung up and immediately texted Buffy that they were still on to meet them in a few hours.

‘Perfect, just like you,’ Buffy texted back a few minutes later and Faith couldn’t stop the smile that came to her face.

“Willow are you ready?” Buffy called from the bottom of the stairs.

“I’m coming, just a sec-” The redhead’s sentence was interrupted by a loud crash and thump. “Ow.” Buffy raced up the stairs to the second door on the right and found Willow trying to pick herself up off the floor, her feet tangled in a pile of dirty clothes and her night table upended from where she tried to catch herself.

“Will! Are you ok?” Buffy asked as she knelt down next to her friend to help her up.

“Yeah. Just typical clumsy Willow moment. I tripped,” she answered as she climbed to her feet.

“I noticed,” Buffy said with a smile as she picked up the night stand.

“Good thing no one was up here to see it,” Willow said as she gestured towards the black corduroy skirt that fell just above her knees. “Wouldn’t have been a pretty site. And I still don’t know what I let you dress me.”

“You look great Will,” Buffy said as stood up and motioned towards the fitted maroon t-shirt and knee high black boots that her friend wore. “You’ll have heads turning left and right.”

“I’m not too sure that’s a good idea Buf.”

“It’s fine. Now come on. We’re going to be late,” Buffy said as she left the room and quickly made her way down the stairs.

“So this must be pretty serious,” Willow said as she climbed into the front seat of Buffy’s car and fastened her seat belt. Buffy gave her a quizzical look as she started the car and back down the driveway. “Between you and Faith I mean.”

“I don’t know. I mean I really like her. But you know that,” Buffy said with a slight blush.

“Well usually meeting the friends is a pretty big deal. Almost as big as meeting the parents,” Willow said.

“I know. But I want you to meet her. I really hope you like her.”

“As long as she makes you happy and treats you right, I’m good.” Buffy smiled at her friend and drove through their neighborhood, allowing the comfortable silence to wash over her.

“So when are you meeting her friends?” Willow asked a moment later.

“Tonight,” Buffy answered, never taking her eyes off the road.

“Oh. I thought I was third-wheeling it by myself tonight.”

“Nope. I’m bringing you and she’s bringing her best friend, who she also lives with.”

“Oh. Well I guess that’s fair,” Willow said as she looked out her window and Buffy relaxed a little, hoping there would be no further questions about the evening’s attendees.

“Are you ready yet?” Faith asked from the couch as Tara flew around the apartment trying to make herself presentable. Thinking that she would miss the rush hour traffic she was more than aggravated when she got stuck behind a broken down truck and ended up arriving home to the apartment almost an hour after she’d hung up with Faith.

“Yes, I’m ready,” she answered as she emerged from her bedroom, balancing on her right foot as she slid her heel on her left.

Faith eyed the tight fitting jeans and olive green top that hung off Tara’s shoulders and mentally applauded the outfit, thanking the fashion gods that she had slightly influenced Tara’s clothing choices since their freshman year in college when the blonde had lived in baggy t-shirts and floor length floral dresses that did nothing to show off her sexy figure.

“Great. Let’s go then. I don’t want to keep them waiting,” Faith said as she opened the apartment door and waited for Tara to exit.

“Them?” she asked as Faith locked the door behind them.

“Yeah, Buffy and her friend, Willow. I told you she was coming,” Faith answered as she brushed past Tara, avoiding eye contact.

“No you didn’t. You just said it was a chance for me to meet Buffy. You never said anything about her friend,” Tara charged down the stairs after Faith, having the distinct feeling that there was something the brunette wasn’t telling her.

“Sorry. It must have slipped my mind,” Faith said, quickening her pace as she reached the bottom step and practically sprinted through the lobby to exit the building, Tara lagging too far behind to ask any other questions.

“What’s going on Faith?” Tara asked as she climbed into the passenger seat of Faith’s jeep, slightly winded from her race down the stairs and through the parking lot after her best friend.

“What do you mean?” Faith asked as she pulled through the parking space in front of her and drove towards the lot’s exit.

“I mean, you’re acting weird. Why didn’t you tell me this girl was coming?” Tara asked. She was already nervous about meeting Buffy, afraid that she would embarrass either herself or worse, Faith. But she’d had a few days to get used to the idea since Faith had approached her about getting together for drinks. Now, there was a new factor in the game and she felt a sudden burst of shyness.

“Because I didn’t think it was a bit deal.” Faith glanced over at her friend and instantly felt awful for her part in the evening’s deception as she could see the change in her friend’s demeanor. “I’m sorry Tare. I just thought if I told you about Willow coming earlier that you wouldn’t come. And I really want you to be there.”

Tara gave her a small smile from beneath her curtain of hair and Faith knew that she’d been forgiven.

“Look, Buffy said Willow’s really great. I’m sure you two will hit it off, no problem.”

“Hit it off?” Tara suddenly sat up straight and looked at her friend. “Is this a set up?”

“No,” Faith said, though not too convincingly.

“It is too! Faith!”

“Well… I didn’t… I mean… It was Buffy’s idea!”

Tara tried as hard as she could to contain the giggle that was welling up in her chest at Faith’s frustrated sputtering but when Faith turned to look at her, unconsciously pouting like a two year old, Tara could help it and burst out laughing.

Faith rolled her eyes and allowed a small smile to her mouth as she waited for Tara’s laughter to stop.

“Ok. So it was Buffy’s idea? Sure. Whatever,” Tara said, her laughter stopped but a smile still gracing her lips.

“It was. She and I were talking about each of you at dinner and she thought that you two might like each other. And I agreed because, well… I don’t remember,” Faith said as she tried to recollect the dinner that evening but could remember nothing but Buffy’s smile.

“Wow. You’ve got it bad,” Tara said. Faith just shrugged. “It’s cute.”

They were quiet then for a few minutes, Faith focused on driving and Tara’s nervousness returning tenfold.

“It’ll be ok,” Faith finally said, putting a reassuring hand on Tara’s shoulder. Tara turned from staring out the window and met her friend’s gaze with a small smile.

Last edited by beautiful_love on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:22 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

wow..I know it was quite long update..but I just can't get enough of it..you better update soon missy :kdevil
I'm glad Buffy's going to make up for all those set Willow up plans..
really can't wait for Willow and Tara to meet :pinky
aaannd..my first dibs, anyway ;-)

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:44 pm 

I look forward to seeing Willow and Tara meet!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:04 pm 

YAY a super quick update!

Ugh!! They are so close to meeting!!!! Seriously looking forward to the next update.

I like the idea of them being 'secretly set up.' It should be fun to see a clueless Willow stick her foot in it or trip on it or babble through it, lol. Definitely an endearing quality that we all love about her:)

Update soonish pleeeze!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:51 pm 

Love at first sight :pray ? Great update...more please..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:34 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hey,

Loving this! Dying to have them meet, I know there has to be some comic catastrophe of some kind but I also know from your writing that good things are coming!

Ready and eager!

Ariel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:58 pm 
3. Flaming O

I like the way this story started..keep up the good work..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:16 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... I hope Willow & Tara don't dislike eachother at first because Faith & Buffy set them up...

Post subject: An Everyday Life (Update 12/21)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:36 pm 
5. Willowhand

Feedback replies:

arsyadriani - Another fast update though with the holidays on the doorstep and me traveling I soon won't be updating as often. And let me know if the posts are too long. I'll try to break up the chapters more if needed. But our girls are soon too meet, don't worry.

LonelyTara - Thanks for reading.

Finey_McFine - Hope this update was quick enough for you. Willow will definitely soon be putting her very Willow-y qualities to work on our resident blonde witch.

SMGOVAN - It'll definitely be something at first sight...

Ariel - You're right, good things are coming. It's just a matter of getting there first. I promise not to leave them hanging apart for too long.

bouncer73 - Welcome and thanks for reading.

zampsa19752001 - If it eases your mind I would have delve into some majorly deep angst for Willow and Tara not to like each other, which I have no intentions of doing in this story. Maybe another time.

And now...

Title - An Everyday Life
Feedback- absolutely
Notes- I know these first few updates have been quick but I just wanted to get the story rolling. Unfortunately they will becoming more sparse soon.

Chapter Three

The sun had already set and the purple sky on the horizon was the focus of Willow’s attention as she and Buffy merged onto the highway on their way to meet up with Faith and her friend. It was a beautiful sight, so soft and serene. She leaned her head back against the headrest and closed her eyes, feeling a sort of peace overtake her.

“Crap!” Buffy exclaimed as the car jerked to the right following a loud pop.

“What happened?” Willow asked, bolting upright, eyes wide with worry.

“Flat tire,” Buffy answered as she slowed down and allowed the car to drift to the shoulder. As the car came to a stop a moment later, Buffy killed the engine and the two girls stepped out to see the front passenger tire totally destroyed.

“Great,” Buffy said as she kicked it, the irritation evident in her voice. “Now we’re going to be late.”

“It’s ok, we can fix this,” Willow said, trying to remain positive. “We fixed the last one in record time.”

“No we can’t,” Buffy said as she leaned back against the hood. “I don’t have a spare.”

“What?” Willow asked, her positive attitude vanishing. “What do you mean you don’t have a spare?”

“Well that’s not entirely true. I have a spare. It’s just that it’s already on the car,” Buffy explained sheepishly. Willow turned to look at the back tire that they had changed only a few weeks ago and sure enough, there was the small donut.

“Buffy!” Willow cried out, exasperated. “You were supposed t get that fixed like two weeks ago.”

“I know, I know. But I haven’t had time,” Buffy protested. “Besides who gets two flat tires within two weeks of each other? I mean really.” The glare Willow shot her was enough for her to shut her mouth.

Willow opened the passenger door and grabbed her cell phone from her purse. Buffy thought to ask who she was calling but another impatient glare from the redhead made her think twice.

“Hey Dawnie, its Willow. Can you do me a favor? Buffy and I are stuck on the freeway with a flat tire. Can you come pick me up so we can go get a spare?... No she never fixed the last flat so the spare’s on the car.” Willow looked back at the blonde on the hood as she said this and Buffy just smile apologetically. “Ok, great. Where are you?... Oh, we’re near there. Near exit twenty-seven… Great, I’ll see you in like five minutes.” Willow hung up and leaned back against the car, watching the last of the soft purple light fade away on the horizon.

“Will?” Buffy softly called from her spot near the hood. Willow turned to see the blonde standing there looking like a small, admonished child and couldn’t help but laugh.

“It’s ok Buf,” she said. Buffy smiled and moved next to the redhead, watching out for Dawn’s car to come to the rescue.

“So I really want to help this woman because I know her husband’s worried about her and he seems like such a great guy. But she doesn’t want to put any effort into it. I’ve put in all this time designing the best diet and exercise program for her and she wants to sit on her ass all day, gorging on sugar, and ignore everything I’ve given her. It’s irritating,” Faith said as she finished her tirade. She and Tara had just reached the door of the club and decided they’d wait there for Buffy and Willow to arrive.

“Well I’m sure you want to help her Faith but some people just don’t care. And you can’t make them.”

“I know. Sorry. I know I get way too much into work.”

“No you don’t,” Tara said, reassuringly. “You’re good at it Faith. I ready an article about your office the other day in The Post. Did you know you are the third most sought after dietician in southern California?” Faith just shook her head. “You’re really good at your job. Don’t forget that.” Faith smiled her appreciation but the moment was interrupted by her cell phone ringing from the front pocket of her form fitting leather pants. She smiled when she saw who it was and immediately answered.

“Hey Buffy, what’s up?” Tara couldn’t help but smile at her friend and moved a few feet away to give Faith some privacy. A line was beginning to form at the club’s entrance and she remembered Faith’s words that the place was good for people watching.

She was definitely right about that, Tara though as she scanned the crowd. After a moment she saw someone staring out of the corner of her eye and glanced over, making eye contact with a tall brunette that was obviously checking her out. The brunette smirked and lifted her left eyebrow at Tara as the blonde’s eyes met hers, clearly appreciating the site in front of her. Tara instantly looked away, letting her hair curtain her face as a blush spread across her cheeks.

“Hey Tare,” Faith called from a few feet away. The blonde turned, thankful to go back to her friend.

“Everything ok?”

“Buffy got a flat tire on the freeway and she doesn’t have a spare.”

“Is she ok?”

“Yeah. I just want to go help her. Do you mind?” Tara just shook her head and followed Faith back to the jeep. She did risk one more glance back at the leering brunette and saw that same smirk. Turning back, she quickened her pace to catch up to her friend.

The stars were coming out overhead as Buffy sat alone on the trunk of her car. Dawn had left twenty minutes ago with Willow in search of a replacement tire and Faith hadn’t yet arrived. She stared at the twinkling lights above her, wondering what the clusters were called. If Willow was with her, she’d be able to tell her. The sound of a car door slamming knocked her out of her thoughts and she looked up to see Faith approaching with a smile.

“Hey,” she said as she got of the trunk and met Faith a few steps away.

“Hey,” Faith said, stepping forward to hug the petite blonde. They broke apart as Faith placed a kiss on her forehead. “Car troubles?”

“Ha ha,” Buffy said as she looked up at the slightly taller brunette. “Willow just called and she’s still trying to find a tire. The first place she went was out of them. Like how can you be an auto store and run out of tires. That’s like McDonalds running out of Big Macs.” Faith smiled at the blonde, amused. “But anyway she’s going to a different store now.”

Another car door slamming had both girls turning to a tow truck that had parked behind Faith’s jeep.

“Someone call for a flat tire?” the truck’s occupant called.

“Right here,” Faith called, pointing to Buffy’s car.

“You called Triple A?” Buffy asked, seeing the logo on the young man’s hat as he approached with his tools.

“Yeah. I’m a member and I figured that would be easier. Why don’t you call Willow so she doesn’t waste any more of her time?” Buffy just nodded and stood back from the car as the young man started to work. Faith turned and walked back towards her jeep.

“Everything ok?” Tara asked through the passenger window.

“Yep. He should have it fixed in no time,” Faith answered.

“Where’s her friend?” Tara asked.

“Went to find a tire.” The two girls watched the young man working on the car in front of them, Buffy standing only a few feet away on her cell phone. “You want to meet her?” Faith asked suddenly, nodding her head towards Buffy.

“S-Sure,” Tara said, her stutter not going unnoticed by Faith.

“Don’t be nervous. You’re not trying to date her, I am,” the brunette said as Tara climbed out of the car. They walked a few feet to where Buffy stood, still talking on her phone. She saw their approach and immediately smiled when she saw the nervous smile on the blonde girls face.

“Will, I have to go… No, I understand… I’ll see you later,” she said as she hung up.

“Buffy, this is Tara. Tara, this is Buffy,” Faith said, making the introductions.

“Hi Tara, it’s nice to meet you.”

“N-Nice to meet you too.”

Oh Willow is going to love her, Buffy thought as she stared at the blonde in front of her.

“I’ve heard a lot about you.”

“You t-too.”

“Well it’s getting late and I don’t think I’m going to feel much like dealing with the club scene once this is taken care of,” Buffy said as she gestured towards her car. “Do you guys just maybe want to go grab a drink somewhere close?”

“Sure,” Faith immediately answered before turning to Tara. “Is that ok?” Tara just nodded. “How long do you think Willow will be?”

“Oh, my sister is taking her home now. She had a headache and I told her she could skip out since she was the one to go looking for the tire anyway. So it’ll just be us three,” Buffy answered, her voice tinged with a little disappointment. Tara could guess why.

That's it for this chapter kids but I vow Willow and Tara interaction in some form or another by the next chapter.

An Everyday Life

Last edited by beautiful_love on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:47 pm 

DIBS!

Wow, that certainly was fast!! I think you are doing a wonderful job of getting your fic going! It's definitely keeping my attention:)

It was just like Buffy to be using the spare and not have a replacement. Poor Willow, I bet her headache was more out of irritation with Buffy than anything else.

I look forward to them finally meeting and am wondering who the mystery brunette is that was eying Tara?? I hope she doesn't get to Tara before Willow does!!!!!

Looking forward to the next update!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:03 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

aww...you left me hanging you meany cliffhanger :smash
I soo can't wait for their meeting..and I mean really :kdevil
do I have to worry about tall brunette eyeing Tara? :shy
Quote:
And let me know if the posts are too long

never too long for any update ;-)
great update anyway... :pinky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:24 pm 

Your a big meanie!!! That was such a tease!!! :happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:07 pm 

The chapters definitely weren't too long, and I have to agree. Dirty tease! :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:35 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

HEYYY!!!! YOU ARE SO SO BAD GIRL!!!!! :smash :smash :smash

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:16 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... I kinda hope Faith & Tara follow Buffy home so they can meet Willow... I bet :wtkiss would cure Willow's headache in no time... Typical Buffy to use a spare tire and not replace it...

Post subject: An Everyday Life (Update 12/23)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 pm 
5. Willowhand

Title - An Everyday Life
Feedback- absolutely
Notes: Sorry no time for individual feedback but thank you everyone for reading. I just wanted to throw this up really quick while I had two seconds. It'll probably be the only two seconds I have for the next week. Enjoy and happy holidays to everyone.

Chapter Four

The smell of coffee wafted through the door as Willow left her bedroom, her headache finally gone. Wiping the sleep out of her eyes she made her way down the stairs, hearing voices growing louder and louder with each step. Entering the kitchen she found Buffy and Dawn already there, avidly discussing their plans for the weekend.

“Hey guys,” she said as she moved straight towards the brewing pot, pouring it into the kitten mug she used every day.

“Morning,” they answered together.

“What has you guys up so early?”

“I have exams to study for,” Dawn answered. “This week is going to kick my butt.”

“And of course she waited until the last minute to get her study on,” Buffy admonished.

“Hmm, just like her sister,” Willow said with a smile, taking her first sip of the day. God that’s good.

“Hey! I… Well let’s not bring up my scholastic past ok?” Buffy said, her voice laced with a hint of indignation. Willow and Dawn only laughed.

“Anyway, Will, I was wondering if you had a little free time that you could maybe spare to help me?” Dawn asked. “I’m suffering from a major lack of wanting to learn biology.”

“Sure,” Willow answered. “I’m free today. How about we get started after I shower?”

“You don’t have to sound so excited about it Will,” Dawn said with a pout as she stood up and went to gather her study materials.

“So how was the rest of your night?” Willow asked. “You didn’t get home until later.”

“It wasn’t too late,” Buffy answered, a smile crossing her face at the thought of the previous evening. “But it was good. We ended up going out for drinks after the tire got fixed.”

“Is Faith’s roommate nice?”

“Yeah, Tara’s great actually. A little shy but I liked her a lot. You probably would too,” Buffy said as she took a sip of her coffee, looking at the redhead out of the corner of her eye.

“Oh no. I know where this conversation is going Summers. Not going to happen. I told you, no more setups.”

“I never said anything about a setup,” Buffy backtracked. “I was just answering your question. Nothing said about trying to get you to break your vow of chastity with a beautiful, intelligent woman.” The smirk on Buffy’s face caused Willow to break out into a matching grin but she said nothing else as she finished her coffee.

“Ok, I can’t take anymore right now. My brain feels like mush. Can we please take a break?” Dawn whined as she laid her head down on the dinning room table, crushing her notes beneath her forehead.

“Dawnie, we haven’t been studying that long. Only for forty five minutes,” Willow said as she glanced at the clock on the wall.

“But this is so boring,” Dawn moaned, her head still laying flat on the table.

“Alright, I’ll make you a deal. Study for another hour and a half with this and then we can stop and go out for a bite to eat.” Dawn looked up at her, her eyes slits of boredom.

“Fine,” she agreed after a moment. “But I get to pick where we go.”

“Deal.”

The sun outside was blinding as Tara made her way down the street to her new favorite coffee shop in town. Of course she’d forgotten her sunglasses at the apartment but after having spent all morning there, working on her project, she had no desire to go back for them.

She felt instant relief as she stepped under the roof of the outdoor café and took in her surroundings. It was a cozy little place, usually not too crowded and today was no exception. The colorful chairs and couches that sat low to the ground gave it a warm, homey feel that always left her feeling a little less self-conscious while she was there. A few other patrons were scattered throughout the place, some sitting on the furniture alone, others at the glass top tables at the edge of the room. Soft music played overhead and Tara felt herself relax even further as she stepped up to the counter to place her order with the smiling teenager there.

A moment later she had sat at one of the back tables with an iced mocha coffee and cherry filled pastry, the entire café hers to view. A few of the tables had couples sitting at them, heads together, talking with loving smiles. She missed having someone in her life that she could sit comfortably like that with. It had been so long she had almost forgotten what it felt like to be that close to someone. It looked like Faith had found it. Tara had briefly left the table the night before to use the restroom and caught a glimpse of her best friend on her way back, sitting there with Buffy, the two girls leaning into each other, their hands touching on top of the table and their knees touching below.

She was happy for Faith at the moment but later found herself wondering when she would meet her someone. It was starting to seem that maybe she wasn’t out there at all. She lay in her bed that night pondering all of this before falling into a restless sleep.

Let’s not go any further down this road, she thought as she looked away from the couples she’d been watching and pulled out an old paperback out of her bag, shifting her focus to the characters in the novel.

“And then she of course, stakes the vamp and saves her sister. I can’t stand her sister, Diane. She’s so annoying and whiny. Like stop being all woe is me because your sister is the slayer and your not and move on with your life. I mean Bunny is the only thing keeping the Cleveland hellmouth at bay. Why can’t her sister be useful and stop getting kidnapped by demons?” Dawn said as her tirade continued on her and Willow’s favorite television show. “I can’t believe you missed this week’s episode. It was so good!”

“I know but I had work to do. Unfortunately it was a little more important than Bunny the Vampire Slayer,” Willow said as she followed the younger girl into the coffee shop they’d decided on for lunch.

“Oh, right. Grown up stuff,” Dawn said with a smile. The two girls approached the counter and ordered their respective sandwiches and coffee drinks before finding a table in the middle of the café to enjoy a much needed study break.

“So what other subjects are you having trouble with?” Willow asked as took a bite of the turkey sandwich in front of her.

“Actually none. The other’s I’ve totally got down. I just need to review my notes from the semester,” Dawn answered. “I just couldn’t wrap my head around the stuff we covered this morning. I hate that even though I’m not majoring in anything science related I still have to take these classes. It’s so stupid. Like-” Dawn continued to rant about the college system and all the wrongs she felt they were doing to her but Willow stopped listening when a glint of light from across the café caught her eye. She looked to see what was causing it and saw it was the sun reflection off the watch of possibly the most beautiful woman she’d ever seen sitting across the room at a table by herself.

Willow was literally awestruck as she continued to stare at the blonde, who appeared to be lost in her own world of the book in front of her. Her long blonde hair was pulled back in a ponytail, leaving her features bare for Willow to explore with her eyes. The creamy, pale skin, the soft full lips, the long elegant neck. Even though the woman was sitting down Willow could tell she had an amazing figure. Even the blonde’s ears, which stuck out the slightest bit were adorable.

She watched, fascinated as the blonde took a sip of the iced coffee in front of her, her lips wrapping around the straw in the most sensual way and Willow had to remind herself to breathe. The blonde then set her cup down next to her book and leaned back in her chair, taking in a deep stretch which only further showed off her ample cleavage. Breathing no longer became an option for Willow after this.

"Will!" Dawn said, drawing her attention back to the table. The open mouthed look of surprise Willow gave her only caused Dawn to smile. "What is so interesting over there?" The young woman turned her head in the direction that Willow was transfixed by only to turn back to the redhead a moment later, a coy smile on her lips. "She's cute."

"Who?" Willow asked, attempting to play dumb and failing miserably.

"Oh come on Rosenberg, you can't fool me. You left a puddle of drool in your lap from staring at her."

That's not the only puddle down there, Willow thought.

"You should go over there," Dawn said as she turned to look at the blonde again. "She really is cute."

"I don't think so," Willow said as she looked down at the table, wishing she had the nerve to do what Dawn was suggesting. She glanced up quickly and saw the blonde packing up her things and leaving her table. As she passed their table, she glanced at Willow and smiled, making the redhead literal swoon. Oh wow. Those have to be the bluest eyes ever.

"You should've gone over there. I'm telling you," Dawn said as the two watched the blonde woman leaving the cafe. "She would've totally been into you."

Willow just kept watching the backside of the blonde recede until she was out of sight.

An Everyday Life

Last edited by beautiful_love on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:07 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dibs

Ooh So close yet so far. I can't wait to see Tara's thoughts.

I wonder if Willow is going to be introduced to Buffy's girlfriend's roommate and find out it's the blonde from the coffee place, or bump into the blonde again and find out that it's Buffy's girlfriend's roommate due to conversation. Does that sentence even make sense? Either way, it's bound to be a babble fest. :)

Can't wait for the next update. Merry Christmas (or happy holidays).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:31 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

"Bunny the Vampire Slayer" Now THAT's hilarious! :party

Enjoyed Willow's agony, what she gets for bailing on Tara in the first place!

Keep it coming, want more!

Ariel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:00 pm 

Please stop teasing me!! :pray :pray :pray

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:24 pm 

Yippee! Willow is interested, now it's time for Tara to notice Willow and get things rolling!! I wonder how long it will take them to realize that they are all connected?

Quote:
I can’t stand her sister, Diane. She’s so annoying and whiny.

Classic! lol

More Please!!

BTW...Have I told you how much I TRIPLE LOVE completely AU fics with NO Hellmouth??? :bow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:24 pm 

Quote:
She looked to see what was causing it and saw it was the sun reflection off the watch of possibly the most beautiful woman she’d ever seen sitting across the room at a table by herself.

YAY!

And LOL--

Quote:
That's not the only puddle down there, Willow thought.

Yes, yes, LOL. So...will we have our own Christmas miracle and see these two girls meet?!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:50 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... I hope Tara sees Willow so they can meet without interruptions from Buffy, Dawn or Faith...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next