The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FAIRYTALES ARE FOREVER: Chapter 7 11/19
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:55 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 2
Title: Fairytales Are Forever (sequel to Wishes Do Come True)

Author: angieb86 b.k.a. Angela

Spoilers: None.

Setting: Very AU. This story takes place about a couple months after Wishes ends. Tara is still a princess, and Willow is still SOLITAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE! Won't give too much away. ;-)

Rating: PG/PG-13...may get spicy later on.

Disclaimer: Please don't sue me ME. I'm a broke college student.

Note 1: Thanks be to FIRESIGN, without whom this story would not be. She has been an incredible influence in my stories on this site...so thank you. :)

Note 2: This story will be updated every Monday morning, so look for it!

Now for Chapter 1...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 1-Happy Home

Tara opened the front door to the beautiful house on Revello Drive. It was late Friday afternoon, and unbelievably hot outside. She placed her bags on the floor near the stairs and called out into the quiet house.

“Honey, I’m home!”

Tara heard the loud clomping of feet shoot down the stairs before she was attacked by a Colter-shaped lump. He clung to her, his arms around her neck and legs around her waist. He finally released his hold on her. “Hey, Mom! You came back early!”

Tara smiled down at her son. “I sure did. I couldn’t wait to see you. I missed your face. . .”

“I missed yours, too, Mommy.”

Tara looked up as she heard footsteps once again heading down the stairs. Her smile got bigger as her eyes fell upon Willow, wearing a red T-shirt and denim overalls. It was the cutest thing Tara had ever seen.

Willow wrapped Tara in a hug, glad to have her girl back in her arms. “Honey, you’re home,” she said with a smile.

Tara ran her fingers through Willow’s silky red locks. “Hmm. . .So glad to be home.” She cupped Willow’s cheek in her palm. “How’s my green-eyed girl?”

“I was great before you came home early. . .now I’m perfect.” Tara smiled as she planted a soft kiss on the redhead’s lips.

Tara walked into the living room and sat on the couch, Willow cuddled onto her left side and Colter on her right. “So, where is everyone else?

“Dawn went to her friend’s house because she didn’t know you were gonna be home early, Mom,” Colter answered.

“And Buffy and Faith are hanging with Giles. He got some new furniture, and he wanted them to help him move it. They’ll probably be in a little while,” Willow added.

“And I’m going to spend the night at Xander’s house tonight,” Colter said, his eyes shining with excitement.

“Are you now?” Tara smiled as her son nodded his head enthusiastically.

“He’s going to teach me how to build stuff and then we get to paint it after!”

Willow looked at Tara. “Is that okay? I mean, we weren’t expecting you back ‘til tomorrow afternoon, so I told him it was okay.”

Tara gave the redhead another kiss. “Of course, it’s okay. I’m glad he’s spending some time with a guy instead of being cooped up in a house full of estrogen,” Tara said with a laugh.

Willow smiled. “Good.” She leaned closer to the blonde. “That means I get you all to myself tonight.”

“I heard that!” Colter said to Willow. She reached over and scooped him up into her lap, tickling him mercilessly.

“You heard no such thing, young man!” Willow said as she tried to hold the squirming and giggling mass on her lap. Tara laughed at them, glad to see that after a month, Willow and her son were still acting like a couple of crazy kids.

“Mercy, Willow!”

“Say it one more time, and I’ll stop!” Willow replied.

“Okay,” the boy giggled out. “Mercy!”

Willow relinquished her tickle attack on the boy. They were both red-faced and out of breath. Willow held the boy close to her, placing a soft kiss on the top of his head. He smiled up at her, his big blue eyes still shining with laughter. “Juice time, buddy?” Willow asked with a smile.

He jumped up from Willow’s lap and headed straight for the kitchen. Willow looked over at Tara, who was smiling at her. “You want to come join us for juice time in the kitchen, baby?”

“I’d love to.” Willow reached for Tara’s hand and guided the woman into the kitchen. Colter already had the glasses sitting on the counter and several packets of Kool-Aid sitting out. The CD player was perched on the window sill and Colter sat on one of the bar stools waiting patiently with the remote in his hand.

“Got everything set up, kiddo?” Willow asked as she walked by him and ruffled his hair.

“Yep!”

“Well, let’s get started. Hit it, Maestro!”

Colter laughed as he pressed the play button on the remote. It took a few seconds before Tara realized what was playing on the CD. She laughed as the two of them danced around the kitchen, laughing and having a great time. Willow glanced over at Tara with a smile that lit up the whole kitchen. Tara smiled back. “Very clever, sweetie. Can’t have juice time without a little Juice Newton to really get the party going.”

Willow laughed as she pulled the blonde up from the stool. “It was Colter’s idea. Dance with us, baby. Let loose!”

They all were dancing around the kitchen when the front door opened. A sweaty Buffy breezed through the kitchen and immediately joined the fun. “Come on, Faith! We made it just in time for juice time!” She danced over to Colter. “What’s on the menu tonight, little guy?”

Colter jumped up on the stool and looked through the packets. “I think Strawberry kiwi sounds good!”

Buffy danced over to the freezer and took out an ice tray. “You are the man, Colter! You already made our special ice cubes!”

Colter smiled as Faith walked into the kitchen and picked him up, dancing over next to Buffy. Faith smiled at the boy as they danced in place. “Pink lemonade. . .Nice choice, Lil T!”

Colter smiled at Faith as she put him back down. “Thanks, Faithy!”

Faith smiled at the boy as he rejoined Buffy and Willow in their dance around the kitchen. She walked over to Tara, who had finally sat back down to watch her son and her girlfriend have a good time together. She looked over as Faith sat down next to her.

“T. . .good to see you back home. We miss you when you’re gone. We didn’t eat a decent meal all week,” Faith said with a laugh.

Buffy turned down the music as all of them settled down, picking up drinking glasses. “Yeah, Tara. Now that you’re back, does that mean we get Tara pancakes in the morning, PLEASE?” The petite blonde asked, puppy dog eyes and all.

Tara laughed. “Sure, I’ll make pancakes in the morning. But, that means you have to get up before 9.”

“Deal.” Buffy said as she picked up the pitcher and filled it with water. She dumped the packet of Kool-Aid into it, and grabbed the sugar canister from the counter. She handed the scoop to Colter. “Will you do the honors?”

“I sure will,” he said as he dumped three scoops of sugar into the pitcher. Willow grabbed a spoon from the drawer and handed it to the boy. “Do you need help stirring it, buddy?”

He nodded and turned to Tara. “Will you help me, Mom?”

Tara smiled. “I will, baby.” She walked over to him and gave him a kiss on the forehead. They stirred for a few minutes while Willow put their special ice cubes into their glasses. Faith took out a bag of potato chips from the cupboard and Buffy pulled down a box of cookies from on top of the refrigerator. They all stared at her. “What? Secret stash,” she said to the silent people around her, popping a cookie into her mouth.

Tara poured the Kool-Aid into everyone’s glasses. Willow raised her glass, smiling at the people around her. “Dinner is served!”

Tara looked incredulously at the redhead. Willow got one good look at Tara’s face and changed her words. “I meant. . .the pre-dinner snack is served, and will be followed by some healthy chicken stir fry and veggies?”

Tara shook her head and smiled at her girlfriend. “I figured that’s what you meant, baby,” Tara said as she walked over to the refrigerator and took out the ingredients to make dinner.

Buffy rubbed her stomach and grinned at the older blonde. “I sure do love it when you come home, Tare.”

Tara gave Buffy a lopsided grin as she moved around the kitchen, preparing to cook a good healthy dinner at home. Home, she thought, happily. Home, and with my family.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Okay, guys! There’s the first chapter! Keep a lookout on Monday mornings. . .Hope you liked it!

Last edited by angieb86 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: FAIRYTALES ARE FOREVER: sequel to Wishes Do Come True
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:01 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Dibsy dibs!

They're all so cute!! Ah, I love it.

Can't wait for more.

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:25 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great beginning... Colter & Willow together are really cute... Can't wait to read about how Willow & Tara are going to celebrate Tara's homecomming...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:43 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Awesome! Thanks for posting a sequel angieb86...So glad to be back in this universe! Congrats Laragh on the dibs!

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:28 pm 
5. Willowhand

Beautifully done! Can't wait to read more! I'm honored that you consider me an influence on you - but you're doing just fine all by yourself! ;-)

Let me know if you want me to beta anything for ya!

Take care and keep up the great work!

FIRESIGN
aka Cin :pride

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:26 pm 
3. Flaming O

Can't wait for the next update! I hope that Will, Tara and Colter get their own house! :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:21 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was SOOO waiting for this!!! *bounces up and down*

Dude, THAT was awesome!!!!!!!!! I soo want to see more.... Willow and Colter are awesome. and super sweet.

PS: *whispers* by the way.... havent you read my new story?? it's awesome! *giggles*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:26 pm 
3. Flaming O

Awesome that you wrote a sequel. I love how the story has started.

Cody

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:58 pm 
3. Flaming O

WOOHOO..HAPPY DANCE :party :party !!!!! IM SO HAPPY THAT YOUR CONTINUING THIS FANTASTIC STORY, ITS HANDS DOWN 1 OF MY FAVORITES!!!!! I THINK MONDAYS WILL NOW HAVE TO BE MY OFFICAL FAV DAY OF THE WEEK ;-) :tooth :applause :balloons :dumbo (since Disney is where this fab story 1st started the Dumbo emticon had to be used ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:14 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Fantastically cute start to the story, wish i was there to share in all the juicy goodness with Colter and the girls. That kid is so lucky being with the two hottest babes ever in the history of hot babes :wtkiss

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:31 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Super-excited to see the sequel up. Loved the first update and am happily looking forward to Mondays so I can read the next.

Post subject: FAIRYTALES ARE FOREVER: Chapter 2 9/3
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:58 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words on the first chapter of this story. And I hope that you enjoy the second chapter as well. :)

To those of you who were reading Morning Glory, it had to be taken off this site, but I hope that everything gets cleared up and I can continue it here on the Kitten Board. :)

Here is Chpt 2 for ya!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 2-Open Hearts and Doors

The whole group was sitting at the dining room table eating dinner when Xander walked in the front door.

“Where’s my little workin’ buddy?”

“I’m right here, Xander!” Colter replied as he got up from the table. Tara swiftly grabbed him by the belt loop of his pants and gently pulled him back down to his seat. “Not yet, young man. Dinner first, build things later.”

“Okay, Mom.” Colter sat back down in his seat, spearing a piece of chicken with his fork and shoveling it into his mouth. Tara looked over at him, an eyebrow arched at the boy. He quickly gulped down the chicken and gave Tara a smile. She finally smiled back at him and leaned over to kiss him on the cheek. “Get outta here, kiddo. I love you, and I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Yay! Thanks, Mom!” Colter said as he shot out of his chair and ran upstairs to grab his overnight bag. Xander walked into the dining room, greeting the women in his life. He went over to Tara and gave her a peck on the cheek. “It’s good to see Mama’s home early. . .I’m pretty sure all of them were starving while you were away, myself included,” he said with a smile.

“Geez, what do you guys eat when I’m gone to work?” Tara asked.

Xander looked around the table at the glasses. “Damn, did I miss Juice time already?”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Xander and Colter had left the house after making some plates to go for Xander and Anya. Buffy, Faith, Willow and Tara were sitting on the back patio enjoying glasses of Moscato and talking amongst each other.

“So, Tara, how are things in the office? Or in your case, I guess I should say castle,” Buffy added, laughing softly at her own joke.

“Things are going great. I’m still getting used to my co-workers, though. They haven’t really warmed up to me. I guess that’s the price I pay for being the newbie.”

“Aw, they’ll come around. There’s no way they can resist your tender Tara loveliness,” Buffy replied, smiling at Tara and taking a sip of her wine.

“Hey! You know nothing about Tara’s tender loveliness. . .only I do,” Willow said, nodded her head resolutely.

Faith laughed. “What about you, Red? How life in the office?”

“Boring. Really boring. I’m already a week ahead of my schedule, I don’t have any appointments next week. Is it bad that I’m hoping for a computer system failure so I can have some work to do?”

They all laughed, but Willow’s face was not amused. “I’m serious, guys. I want to do something different, something that I can have fun doing. It just sucks that I’m so darn good at counting.”

Tara grabbed Willow’s hand. “Well, why don’t you ask Giles about it, honey? I’m sure he’ll at least hear you out.”

Willow nodded. “You’re right, baby. I’ll talk to him on Monday. Don’t forget, we’re taking Colter school shopping tomorrow. And I have a surprise for you, too,” she said, kissing the blonde lightly on the lips. “Oh, and your grandma called earlier today. She wanted to know since you’d be at home next week if you wanted to keep Colter here or if she got to keep her ‘snuggy wuggie great grandson’ with her next week.”

Tara giggled. “I guess it’ll be up to him. It’s his first week of school here. We’ll ask him tomorrow, sweetheart.”

“Okay.” Willow turned to Faith. “So Faith, how’s life as a security guard working out for ya?”

Faith shrugged. “It don’t suck. I make bank just to sit on my ass and listen to the mayor run his mouth. The only time I have to go anywhere is when Wilkins gets a wild hair up his ass and wants to ride in the limo. I don’t really care what he wants me to do as long as he keeps paying me. And he gave me a nice little bonus check when we left for our honeymoon. That’s how we afforded Red to come along with us.”

Tara took a sip of her wine before turning toward Buffy. “And you, Buffy? How work going for you?”

“Eh. The receptionist job is kinda boring; All I do is answer the phone and direct the calls to Willow,” she said, giggling as the redhead made a face at her.

“Well, maybe you should start directing some of those calls to Giles. . . Since he’s the main man and all.”

“Nope. . .It’s a lot more fun when you come down to my desk with your face all red to tell me to stop directing calls to you!”

“Har har, Buffy,” Willow replied sarcastically. “But enough about the office, how are your classes going at the fitness club?”

Buffy smiled. “They are going great. Those kids are awesome, and they’re quick learners, too. I think I’ve found my niche teaching martial arts to little kids.”

“That’s wonderful, Buff. It’s good to see you come home after work with a smile on your face. . .and a genuine smile, not one of those ‘my wife is gonna give me an after-work workout’ smiles,” Willow said, laughing as a light blush rose on Buffy’s cheeks.

Tara stood up and pushed her hands through Willow’s hair. “That’s enough, baby. Stop giving Buffy a hard time.”

Buffy nodded in concurrence. “Yes, listen to your girlfriend. She’s right a lot more than you are.”

“Oh, phooey on you, Summers.” The girls shared a laugh as they all headed back inside. “How about some more wine and a movie?”

Willow was met with nods of agreement as they filed into the kitchen to refill their empty wine glasses.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A stretch and a yawn overtook Buffy’s body as the credits rolled on Boys on the Side. “Gotta love Whoopi Goldberg,” she said stretching out on the couch, her back resting on Faith‘s side.

“Most definitely. That’s why you’re my girl.” Faith pressed a light kiss to Buffy’s forehead. “I think it’s about time we turned in.”

Buffy pouted from her position. “I’m not ready yet.”

Faith stood and lifted the petite blonde into her arms as she headed up the stairs. “Well, we better be headin’ to bed if you want to get up in time for Blondie to make you pancakes in the morning.”

“Yes, wife, you are correct. Calgon. . .take me to bed!” The couple shared a laugh as Faith carried her away to their bedroom.

Tara and Willow were still sitting on the floor next to the arm chair covered in a blanket. “You ready to turn in, too, baby?”

Tara shook her head. “Can we go sit on the porch swing for a bit? It’s cooled off a lot outside.”

Willow smiled. “Of course we can. Do you want another glass of wine?”

“That would be great, sweetheart.”

Willow stood and grabbed their wine glasses, placing a kiss on top of Tara’s head before heading to the kitchen. “I’ll meet you outside, baby.”

Tara watched the redhead disappear into the kitchen. She stood up to stretch and made her way out the front door and onto the swing. A minute later, Willow appeared with their wine and a bowl perched precariously in the crook of her elbow. Tara stood and grabbed the bowl before it could tip over. “Ahh, thanks baby.”

“You’re welcome, sweetheart. What’s in the bowl anyway?”

Willow giggled and handed Tara her glass of wine and sat down on the swing. “It just so happens to be your favorite fruit.”

Tara quirked an eyebrow. “I never told you what my favorite fruit is.”

“I may have. . .asked around a little. . .” Willow replied, sitting her wine glass down and unwrapping the bowl. “A little birdie named Colter told me that your favorite fruit is honeydew melon. . .and another little birdie named Grandma Maclay told me that you loved to drink Moscato and eat honeydew with her when you visit.” Willow took a piece of the fruit out of the bowl and placed it near Tara’s lips. “So I figured why not just surprise my girl with a little fruit and wine? Eat up, baby,” Willow said with a grin.

Willow watched Tara’s full lips envelop the small piece of melon, her eyes closing momentarily as she felt the blonde’s tongue lick the tip of her finger before pulling back. The redhead grinned again when she saw Tara’s lips curve into a smile. “You have the sexiest mouth I’ve ever had the privilege of kissing,” Willow said, staring into the beautiful blue eyes she had grown accustomed to gazing into.

Tara took a piece of honeydew melon from the bowl and popped it into her mouth. “You tell me that a lot, honey. . .Usually when my mouth is preoccupied doing other things. . .”

“Yes, doing other sexy things. . .things that you should be doing to me right now. . .”

“And why should I be doing those things to you, Ms. Rosenberg?” Tara asked as she picked up her glass of wine and walked toward the door. Willow automatically stood as she saw Tara reach the slightly opened front door. She smiled as the blonde waited for her by the door. “Are you going to tell me why, Willow?” she queried, taking a sip from her glass before smiling.

“Because. . .” Willow walked slowly toward the blonde, taking the wine glass out of her hand and placing it just inside the front door. “. . .you like the way it feels when you’re inside me. . .” The redhead grabbed Tara’s hands and put them around her waist. “And. . .you like the sounds I make when you’re. . .thrusting into me,” Willow whispered into the blonde’s ear as Tara pulled her closer.

“Oh, yeah?. . .What else, baby?” Tara asked as she placed slow, lingering kisses along Willow’s neck.

Willow’s eyes closed as she reveled in the feel of Tara’s lips caressing her skin. “And the thing that matters most. . .” Willow drew in a ragged breath as Tara nipped at her earlobe. “. . .You love the way I taste when I cum in your mouth.”

“You’re damn right,” Tara said as she pulled the redhead into fiery kiss, her hands snaking beneath the redhead’s blouse.

Willow moaned as she felt the trail of heat that Tara’s touch always left across her skin. Her head rolled back as she felt a warm and strong tongue slide slowly from her collar bone and up to her ear. “What do you say we go play while the baby’s away?”

Willow smiled as Tara kissed her ear. “I think I’m in the mood to play with you. . .”

Tara licked her lips. “You’d better be. . .I’ve been waiting all week long to get my hands on you.”

“And what exactly are you going to be touching with those hands, Ms. Maclay?” Willow asked, a cute grin on her face as she backed away from Tara.

Willow was about to turn around and walk to the kitchen, but she wasn’t fast enough for Tara. She felt Tara’s strong arms around her stomach and hot breath on her ear. “Why don’t you go upstairs with me to find out what. . .and where I’ll be touching you.”

“So feisty tonight, baby.”

“Well, I missed you.”

“Sounds like you missed me. . .some parts more than others,” Willow said as she turned towards Tara, the amusement clearly written on her face.

Tara pressed her lips against Willow’s. “Can you blame me? I have the sexiest, most wonderfully delectable girlfriend in the world, and I only get to see her every other week because I have to go off to be a princess.”

“You’re a princess everyday, Tara,” Willow said as she ran her hand through Tara’s golden locks.

Tara blushed a little and smiled. “Sweet talker.”

“I’d say anything to get you in bed, baby,” Willow replied, trying to hide the laugh that was bubbling up.

Tara laughed as she grabbed the redhead by the hand, leading her up the stairs. “Yep. . .Definitely the sweet talker.”

Willow whacked the alarm clock as it startled her out of her first deep sleep in a week. She muttered a soft expletive as she turned back around and cuddled closer to Tara’s soft. . .“Pillowcase?”

The redhead opened her sleep-filled eyes to see that Tara was nowhere in sight. A slight frown creased the corner of her mouth as she moved the covers from her naked body and stepped onto the carpeted floor. She peeked into the bathroom, but there was no Tara there, either. She reached into Tara’s drawer and pulled out a pair of boxers and T-shirt and headed downstairs.

As soon as she opened the bedroom door, Willow could smell coffee and bacon frying downstairs. She looked back at the clock and saw that it was 8:07 in the morning. Plenty of time to get some early morning kitchen snuggles with my girl before Buffy and Faith get up, she thought happily as she bounded down the stairs and into the kitchen. What she saw there made her heart skip a beat.

Tara was moving quickly around the kitchen, humming softly along with the radio that was currently playing a Norah Jones song. Her long hair was shining in the sunlight coming through the window, giving her a golden halo. But what caused the redhead to stop and stare was the beautiful smile on Tara’s face.

Even as she cooked and hummed, the blonde was grinning as if she had not a care in the world. The smile made her eyes sparkle and Willow felt a tug at her heart and a tug at her lips as she began to smile, too.

She walked up behind Tara, who was washing a bowl at the sink, and wrapped her arms around the blonde’s waist and kissed the back of her neck. “Good morning, Beautiful.”

Tara smiled and turned to give the redhead a peck on the lips. “Good morning, sweetheart. I was wondering how long you were going to stand there and watch me,” she said with a laugh as she began pouring ingredients into the bowl.

Willow giggled. “You caught me. You just look so. . .radiant this morning. I guess sometimes in my sleep-induced stupidity I forget how absolutely stunning you are. And the fact that you look this gorgeous on 4 hours of sleep just lends credence to the fact that I have the most amazing girlfriend ever.”

“Well, it would have been 6 hours of sleep if someone hadn’t have wanted to go for round three at 2 this morning. . .” Tara said as she pulled Willow closer to her and kissed her again on the lips.

“Round three? Damn, I’m proud of you. . .Keep it up, Red. No wonder Blondie‘s lookin‘ extra happy this morning,” Faith said with a grin.

Both girls turned toward the kitchen door as Faith and a zombie-like Buffy walked in and sat down.

Buffy grunted something and put her head down on the counter. Tara squeezed Willow’s hand before letting go and grabbing a coffee mug from the dish drainer. She filled it with coffee and put it in front of the petite blonde. Buffy dragged her head from the counter and took a few gulps of her coffee before speaking.

“Thank you, Tara. It’s only taken you a couple months to decipher my early morning language.” She turned to give Faith a little shove. “What’s your excuse, wife?”

“Hey, I decipher your late-at-night language. . .and it’s sure as hell a lot more than just a coffee grunt,” Faith took the mug and refilled it with a smug smile on her face, the opposite of Buffy’s highly embarrassed grin.

Tara laughed at the couple as she began putting pancakes on the griddle. “Pancakes are on the way, Buffy.”

Buffy smiled at the girl. “Thanks, Tara. At least someone is on my side.”

Faith reached over and gave Buffy a kiss on the cheek. “I’m on your side, babe. And sometimes I’m on your back and I can spend all day on your front. . .” The group laughed as Buffy’s face turned a bright red and she swatted Faith on the shoulder.

Willow took a sip of her coffee. “You know, Buff, you sure acting all innocent for a girl who got kicked out of Disney World for doin’ the dirty in a bathroom.”

“Willow!” Buffy’s face was beet red. “Well, I’m glad you could all have a great laugh this morning at my expense. Isn’t anyone going to save me from this?!”

The front door opened as Xander’s voice rang out in the foyer. “Morning ladies! I come bearing a 4 ½ foot gift!”

Both Xander and Colter appeared in the kitchen doorway. Colter went straight to Tara and gave her a hug. “Hey, Mom! I can’t wait for you to see what I made!” He grabbed her by the hand and pulled her toward the front door. “Come on!”

Tara laughed as she pulled the boy back into the kitchen. “Hold on there, cowboy!” She kissed him lightly on the head. “Let me finish this batch of pancakes and I’ll go with you, okay?”

He nodded and smiled. “Okay, Mommy. I’ll wait.”

They all giggled as Colter stood vigilantly right next to Tara as he waited patiently for her to finish cooking. As soon as she had the pancakes on a plate, he grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the kitchen and out of the front door.

Tara’s breath hitched as she saw what was sitting on the front porch wrapped with a big bow. Colter still had a hold of her hand as he wrapped his free arm around his mother’s waist. “You like it, Mom?” he asked, looking up at her.

She looked down at her son, the tears welling up in her eyes. “Like it? I love it, baby. . .”

She walked towards it as the rest of the group filed out of the front door. They were all in awe of the boy’s handiwork. On the front porch was a 5 foot tall bookcase. It was painted a deep red color with golden detail on the shelves. Several Egyptian hieroglyphs were painted on them, and on the outside of the case were several crescent moons and stars, all painted in golden paint to match Willow and Tara’s bedroom.

“I remember you saying that you needed a bookcase for all your books and stuff, Mom. So I asked Xander if he would help me build one for you. Do you really like it?”

Tara pulled the boy into a hug. “I do, baby. It’s absolutely beautiful. Thank you.”

Colter smiled as he felt his mother’s arms tighten around him. “You’re welcome, Mama.”

Hearing Colter call her ‘mama’ made her tears flow freely. He hadn’t called her that since he was a toddler.

Tara kept a hand in Colter’s as she turned to hug Xander. “Thanks, Xander, it’s gorgeous.”

Xander smiled at the blonde. “It was all his idea; I just measured and hammered.”

Tara dried her face and smiled at everyone. “Come on, guys. Let’s go eat breakfast.”

Buffy and Faith had settled in the living room after a hearty breakfast. Xander had taken the bookcase upstairs to Willow and Tara’s bedroom and had left the house to go meet with Anya. Colter was sitting in front of the television watching cartoons while Tara and Willow were getting dressed for the day.

“So, buddy, what kind of backpack are you getting for school this year?”

Colter turned and shrugged. “I don’t know, Buffy. I think I want a plain black one. Then I could decorate it all by myself the way I want to!”

Faith and Buffy grinned at the boy. “I think that’s a great idea! Are you excited about starting the second grade?”

“I’m kinda scared, but Willow says I don’t have anything to worry about because I’m the nicest, most adorable boy going into the second grade.”

“And I’m always right, buddy,” Willow replied as she and Tara walked down the stairs. “You ready to go school shopping?”

Colter nodded as he got up from the living room floor and hugged Buffy and Faith before following Tara out to the car.

Willow smiled over to her friends. “Are you guys going to have everything ready by the time we get back?”

“Of course we will, Will. Have fun shopping with your girl and your boy. We’ll have everything ready by 3 o’ clock on the dot. Don’t worry. . .she’s gonna love her surprise. You’re a great girlfriend to do this for her.”

Willow smiled and hugged Buffy. “Thanks, Buff. I’ll see you guys in a few hours.” She headed toward the door but turned around quickly. “Oh! Did you get a chance to pick up the-”

“GO!” Both Faith and Buffy shouted at the redhead, a look of annoyed amusement on their faces.

With one last wave, Willow finally went out the front door.

Faith stretched before standing up and reaching for Buffy’s hand. “You ready to get started on this, babe?”

“Ready as I’ll ever be.” Buffy walked over to the phone on the desk and picked up the receiver to dial a number. “Hi, yes. I would like to inquire about the arrival of a flight. . .”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry for the long wait, guys. Real life and work really get in the way sometimes. I'm going to try to post another chapter before next week.

Post subject: Re: FAIRYTALES ARE FOREVER: Chapter 2 9/3
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:02 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

DIBS!!

Okay, that was ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, took you long enough but it was AWESOME!!!! Im glad to see Willow and Tara so in love, so happy and Colter is still ADORABLE.

Awesome present!

Dude, dont let so much time go by before posting Chapter 3!! Keep it up!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:23 pm 
3. Flaming O

oh i wonder who is coming! :) nice update!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:24 pm 

ANGELA!!! So glad you're back. Hope that it was fun stuff in life that got in the way, and not stuff that bummed you out! This chapter was excellent. Colter is just a sweet little guy, and I loved, loved, loved the sexy talk between Willow and Tara--so sassy! Faith and Buffy are an adorable couple, and I love to see Xander take such a shine to Tara's son. :D Wonderful world you're crafting here, can't wait to see the next chapter!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:12 pm 
5. Willowhand

Excellent job, my young Padewan! ;-)

Yes, I am a Star Wars freak.

Can't wait to read more! You're really doing a nice job with developing the characters more - adding depth to the story! Keep up the great work!

- FIRESIGN

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:01 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Ah, sweetness ans sugar!!!

Loved it! Really, did.

Love Colter and of course W/T

Can't wait for more!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:30 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I really love their sweet home life... Colter is propably the sweetest kid around... Can't wait for Willow's gift to Tara...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:57 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Happy to see an update. Colter is so adorable. Can't wait to see who is coming to visit.

Post subject: Re: FAIRYTALES ARE FOREVER: Chapter 3 9/23
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:30 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hi, all!
Thanks to you guys for the positive feedback from Chapter 2!! Updates should be coming a little more regularly now...Work has slowed down quite a bit, which means I get more hours on my paycheck and less to do while I'm there!!
I know the story is getting kind of a slow start, but it should be picking up speed here soon.
Thanks again for waiting patiently for this chapter, so....WAIT NO MORE!!

Chapter 3-Mommy's Home

Willow, Tara and Colter were walking around downtown, browsing through shops to find him a backpack for school. They had already gotten his school supplies and some extra sketch pads. Tara’s grandmother had taken him clothes shopping the week before, so all that was left was his backpack.

Colter grabbed Willow’s hand and dragged her to the entrance of a store. “Come on, Willow! Let’s go in here!”

Willow reached for Tara’s hand as they went into the sporting goods store. They were greeted by a young man standing near the entrance.

“What can I help you guys with today?” he asked politely.

“I’m looking for a backpack!” Colter replied loudly. “Can you help me find a black one?”

The man smiled at the little blonde boy and grabbed his hand. “Of course I can! You wanna grab your mommies and tell them to come with us?”

Colter pulled the man down to his level and whispered softly, “Willow’s not my mommy. . .but sometimes I wish she was.”

The young man patted Colter on the back. “Well, little guy, I think your wish could come true. As long as believe it everyday. Okay?”

Colter smiled. “Okay.” He grabbed the young man’s hand. “My name’s Eric, by the way.”

“Hi Eric. My name is Colter!” He turned and pointed to Tara, who was watching them from a nearby shoe rack. “That’s my mommy, Tara. Wave, Mom!”

Tara laughed and waved at them from a few feet away. Colter turned and pointed to Willow, who was studying a pair of climbing shoes on the shoe rack. “And that’s Willow. She pretty, isn’t she?”

Eric smiled down at Colter. “She’s adorable. Love her hair! You ready to get that backpack, little guy?”

Colter nodded and smiled up at the red-haired young man. Before they left to go backpack hunting, Eric reached up and shook Tara’s hand. “I’m Eric. And I can’t help but think that I’ve seen you before somewhere. . .”

“Well, I-I’ve only lived here in Sunnydale for a few months. . .”

“Where did you move from?”

“Orlando, Florida. I w-worked at Disney World.”

Eric let out a gasp and covered his mouth. “I remember you. . .You’re Cinderella!”

Tara blushed and smiled as Colter came up to her and grabbed her hand. “You’re famous, Mom!” he said with a giggle.

“I guess I am, baby. . .” She turned to Eric. “Am I s-still that recognizable without the make-up and the sparkly dress?”

Eric smiled at Tara. “It’s your eyes. They are truly unforgettable. I was down there for Gay Days last year with my boyfriend and a group of our friends. We saw you in the parade, and we tried to find you to take a picture with you, but you had already left. They sent some other girl out in your place.”

Tara nodded as she remembered that day. “That’s right, I-I had to leave early. I had an important date that day,” she replied as she ruffled Colter’s hair. “My little one was sick, so after that parade, I hopped on a plane and took care of my baby.”

“I’m not a baby anymore, mom,” Colter said, a smile on his face.

“You’re still my baby. And you’re my baby who still needs a backpack for school. Let’s get to shopping, okay? I need to go home and make lunch for that hungry household of ours.”

“Okay, Mom.” Colter looked up at Eric. “So, I really want an all black backpack. One that I can decorate by myself.”

Eric smiled down at the little blonde boy. “You know, I think we have just the right one for you. . .”

Tara smiled as she grabbed Willow’s hand and followed the two gentlemen toward the case of backpacks.

Buffy and Dawn pulled up to the airport, looking around for their arrival. Dawn pointed out a lady with a small suitcase and a brilliant smile upon her face, Buffy smiled as they got out of the car. “Should we even question who we’re lookin’ for?” Dawn asked with a giggle.

“It truly is uncanny how they all look alike.” Buffy laughed with her as they got out of the car and introduced themselves.

“Well, Buffy and Dawn. It’s so nice to meet both of you, finally.”

The sisters smiled. “You ready to get this party started, then?”

“Let’s get to it.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Willow, Tara and Colter pulled up to the house. Colter was the first to notice the extra cars parked near the house.

“Someone must be having a party, Mom.”

Tara looked around at the cars parked across the street. “Must be, baby. But it looks like no one’s at the neighbor’s house. Weird. . .” She grabbed Willow’s hand as they walked toward the front door. “Don’t forget to get your backpack out of the trunk, baby. And your school supplies, too.”

“Okay.”

“Do you need some help, Colter?” Willow asked as she watched the boy dig his backpack from the trunk.

Colter shook his head. “No thanks, Willow. I can get it.”

“Okay, buddy. Come get us if you need some help.”

Tara reached for the door to turn the knob when she felt Willow’s hand on top of hers, keeping her from opening the door. She looked up at the redhead with a smile on her face. “What is it, sweetie?”

Willow pressed a light kiss to Tara’s nose. “You’re my girl. That’s all. Go on inside.”

Tara giggled as she opened the front door and was attacked by a bunch of green and blue balloons. “Will, what is all this?” she asked, the laughter still evident in her soft voice.

“It’s because you’re my girl,” Willow replied. “Go on. . .all the way in the house, lady.” She lightly swatted Tara on the bottom to get her through the door. Tara’s eyes lit up as she saw the house decorated with blue and green flowers. She even saw blue and green roses on the stair case. She whipped around and looked at her smiling redhead. “How did you do that? Make the roses different colors?”

Willow smiled at her girlfriend. “I can do anything when you look at me like that.”

Tara blushed and kissed her girlfriend. “Thank you, Willow.”

“You’re welcome, baby. But we aren’t done yet. Come on. I told you I had a surprise for you.” Willow took her by the hand and led her to the kitchen where there was a glass of wine on the counter and a blindfold. Willow handed the blonde the glass of wine. “Drink this, baby. Relax for a minute while I go check on Colter outside.” Willow gave her a quick kiss before heading out the front door. Tara sipped on her wine for a second before inhaling deeply. The scent of a cooking roast finally hit her nose. She inhaled again, the different spices wafting through the air reminding her of holidays at home with her parents, brother and sister. “I should call them today. Rachel starts school on Monday, too,” she said to herself as the front door opened and shut. Colter ran into the kitchen with his new backpack and slid it across the floor.

“I love this backpack, Mom!”

Tara giggled as she scooped up her son and kissed him all over the face. “And I love you, Matthew!”

“Aww, Mom! Only Gram Gram calls me by my first name!”

“That’s because she made me name you that,” Tara said with a giggle. “But you’ll always be my little Colter-bug, won’t you?”

Colter kissed Tara on the cheek. “Always, Mommy.”

Willow stood in the doorway of the kitchen, watching the exchange between mother and son. Her heart always swelled when she saw them together as a family. She wanted nothing more than to be a part of their world. And when they smiled at her, Willow knew that she was a part of their world. The redhead sighed and smiled before walking over to Tara and Colter and giving them each a kiss on the cheek. “Okay, baby. Let’s get you all blindfolded up.”

Colter laughed as he picked up the fabric and began wrapping it around his mother’s eyes.

“What is going on here?” Tara asked, reaching back blindly to tickle Colter’s sides.

Willow and Colter looked at each other before bursting into a fit of giggles. “Don’t worry, baby. It’s part of your surprise, okay?”

“Okay,” Tara replied, the uncertainty tingeing her voice. “I trust you guys.”

A smile appeared on Willow’s face. “That’s all we need. Now we’re gonna help you outside to the backyard.”

Willow nodded toward the door, signaling for Colter to open it and warn the group outside. He returned a few seconds later, giving the all-clear to Willow.

“Okay, baby. You ready?” Willow asked excitedly.

“I guess I kinda have no choice but to be ready.”

Colter giggled as he opened the back door and grabbed Tara’s hand while Willow gently held her by the waist. They guided her out onto the back porch where Willow made sure Tara could see the whole backyard from her place on the porch before she removed the blindfold. “This is for you, baby.”

Willow kept her arms around Tara’s as the blonde looked around the backyard.

“Wow. . .” Tara’s eyes widened as she took in the decorated back lawn. There were more blue and green balloons sprinkled around the lawn, some tied down while others dotted the grass. Near the tree in the back corner of the yard, a small table with a light blue table cloth was set up with a chocolate fountain surrounded by fruit and colored marshmallows. She also laid eyes upon more of the blue and green flowers, vases and flower pots full of them. Tara looked to her left and saw all of her friends standing and smiling at her, all holding a glass of wine. She saw Dawn holding one, too. Tara quirked an eyebrow at the girl. “It’s just sparkling cider, Tare. . .Geez! Willow made sure she bought two bottles of it for us youngins’.”

“Yeah, Big Sis. Don’t get your panties all in a bunch.” Tara gasped as Rachel stepped from behind Dawn carrying her own glass of cider and Beck trailing not far behind. “Missed you, Tare.”

Tara let the tears slip from her eyes as she hugged her sister. Tara pulled her sister close to her. “Rachel. . .I missed you, too. I was gonna call you later. But now I don’t have to. What are you guys doing here? You start school on Monday! How did you convince Mom to let you fly all the way here?”

Rachel laughed as the flurry of questions burst forth from her sister’s mouth. “Wow, Sis! Sounds like Willow is definitely rubbing off on you.” Rachel looked over and smiled at the redhead still standing close to her sister. “Hey, Will!”

Willow smiled and reached over to hug the girl. “Hi, Rachel. Glad you and Beck could make it.”

“You paid for us to fly here, Will.”

Tara looked over at her girlfriend. “You did what?!”

Willow blushed. “I know how much you and Colter sacrificed moving here to stay with me, baby. And I know you missed your family. I thought it would be a nice surprise for you guys to see some familiar faces.” Willow smiled as she opened the back door that led back into the kitchen. “So here’s your real surprise.”

Tara’s hands flew up to her face as she saw the woman leaning over the oven, checking the roast inside. She turned around and smiled as she closed the oven door. “There’s my girl.”

Colter pushed past Tara and ran to the woman, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist. “Hi, Gram Gram! I didn’t know you were gonna be here!”

The woman laughed as her grandson clung strongly to her. “How’s my favorite grandson doing?”

“I’m fine, Gram Gram! I missed you!”

“I missed you, too, sweet boy.” Callie turned to her oldest daughter. “Are you just gonna stand there, love? Or are you going to hug your Mom?” she asked with that same lop-sided grin that graced all the Maclay women’s lips.

Tara smiled through her tears and went to her mother’s side. “Hey, Mama.”

“Hi, my sweet girl.” Callie held Tara close for several long moments before pulling back. “Look at you, Tara. . .You’re glowing, baby.” Callie glanced over at Willow, who was watching from the doorway along with the rest of the group outside on the back porch. “And I’m almost positive it has something to do with this lovely redheaded girlfriend of yours. It’s nice to finally meet you in person, Willow.”

Willow smiled at the older woman. “You, too, Mrs. Maclay.”

“Please call me Callie,” she said warmly, still holding Tara and Colter close to her. “Well, this roast is almost done, so in a few minutes we can eat.”

“Did you cook this, Mama?” Tara asked as she opened the oven door again to breathe in the heavenly scent.

“Of course I did! You think I would come all the way to California and not cook my girl her favorite meal?”

Tara beamed at her mother as she closed the oven door. “I missed you, Mama. . .You look beautiful. How are you feeling?” Tara asked, hoping for a good answer.

“I feel great, sweetheart. Don’t you worry about me.” Callie gave Tara a kiss on the forehead. “You need to be worrying about how all of these people are going to fit at this dining room table,” she added with a smile.

Tara couldn’t help but smile back. She knew that her mother wouldn’t lie to her.

She wouldn’t.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

All the adults sat at the dining room table as Willow came around to gather dishes. Xander and Buffy sat across from each other, both leaning on their significant others and full to the brim.

“And I thought Tara was the best cook around these parts. . .” Xander said as he unbuckled his belt.

“Well, who do you think taught her all she knows?” Callie asked with a smile as she went around the table gathering drink glasses.

“Well, I think a trip to Tennessee might be in order for Thanksgiving,” Buffy added.

Callie laughed as she walked toward the kitchen. “I’d be delighted to have you all there. It gets boring with just Rachel and Don.”

“I can hear you, Mom!” Rachel called from the living room.

They all laughed as Rachel brought the younger kids’ dishes from the living room while they continued to watch a movie. She dropped the dishes off on the dining room table, kissed her mom on the cheek and joined her new friends and girlfriend back in the living room.

Willow and Callie carried the dirty dishes into the kitchen and placed them in the sink. Callie began washing them, but Willow placed a gentle hand on the woman’s arm. “Don’t worry about those, Mrs. Maclay, Dawnie said she would do dishes today.”

Callie smiled. “I told you, sweetheart. . .It’s Callie.”

Willow blushed and smiled. “Right, of course. Sorry, Callie.”

“Thank you, Willow. For everything. You’ve been exceptional. And it warms my heart to see someone treating my oldest girl and my grandson the way they deserve to be treated.” Callie pulled the redhead into a hug. Willow instantly felt comfort and contentment as Callie wrapped her arms around her. And if Willow hadn’t have smelled the different perfume, she would have sworn up and down that she was hugging Tara in the kitchen. She chuckled lightly. Callie pulled back from Willow and gave her a grin, her left eyebrow arched high upon her forehead. “What is it?” Callie asked, amusement in her blue eyes.

Willow’s face flushed as she looked at Callie and thought about Tara. “I’m sorry. . .It’s just, well, you and Tara. . .You two are just alike, I mean physically, with the facial expressions and the eyebrow arching and whatnot, ” she finished as she laughed to try to hide her embarrassment.

Callie laughed at her daughter’s girlfriend. “Well, I think it’s safe to say that we Maclay women do share a lot in common. The apple really doesn’t fall far from the tree.” With a lop-sided grin and a wink, Callie left the kitchen to rejoin the group in the dining room. And she left a thoroughly confused redhead. “Truly uncanny. . ."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hopefully the next chapter will be posted by tomorrow night. Thanks for reading, guys!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:31 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

DIBS!!!!

Okay, that was woOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! *does happy dance*

Dude!! That Chapter was AWESOME!!!!! It was so nice to see Rachel and Beck and yay, Tara's mom!!!! It was really sweet.... Go Will for such a surprise!!!!! *whispers* dude, when is Willow asking Tara to marry her??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:23 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Big yay for Rachel, Beck & Callie being there... Can't wait for Willow asking Tara to marry her...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:29 pm 

Aw! What an awesome surprise for Tara! I was sure, with the balloons and the flowers and such, that Willow was going to propose right there in front of everybody. Sigh...that would've been so romantic. And Colter's interaction with Eric at the sporting goods store was just precious. Glad to hear things are slowing down for you Angela, I can't wait to read the next chapter tomorrow!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:52 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

How did I miss that this had been updated???

Aww, Colter. I want Willow to be his Mommy too!!! Please? :pray ;)

So, so, so looking forward to the proposal!!! When's it gonna happen???

Can't wait for more!

Post subject: Re: FAIRYTALES ARE FOREVER: Chapter 4 9/24
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:14 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hi everyone!!
First off, I want to say thanks again to all of you guys who are reading this story and leaving feedback. . . Thanks for taking an interest in this little fic. :)

Secondly, I want to apologize for misleading some of the readers. . .There is NO proposal, at least not yet ;-) ...Willow really was just doing something extra nice for her girl. So sorry that it seemed like more, guys.

But thanks again for reading and I leave you with Chapter 4!!

+++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 4-You're the Reason

Rachel and Beck were cuddling under a blanket on the living room floor next to Dawn. Somehow, the entire group was able to fit into the living room to watch a movie. Colter had finally succumbed to exhaustion in Callie’s lap, his soft snoring filling the now quiet room.

Xander sat up and stretched his arms, yawning loudly. “Well, I’m ready to hit the hay. Kiddies, pack your bags! You’re spending the night at Uncle Xander’s house!”

“Way to sound like a perv, Xan Man,” Faith replied, grinning as she watched the man blush.

“Faith, don’t tease him. He’s doing us a really big favor by hosting the young ones tonight.”

“Yeah. Thanks, Xander. And good luck keeping those two from bumping uglies in your extra bedroom,” Willow said as she pointed to a laughing Beck and a beet red Rachel.

“Willow! My mother is sitting right there! Right exactly there!”

Callie laughed. “I’m your mother, Rachel. And you think I don’t know what you and Beck have been doing in the your bedroom at night for the past two weeks?”

She arched an eyebrow at both Beck and Rachel whose face was still bright red. Beck let out an embarrassed laugh as she stood and walked toward the front door. “And on that note. . .It’s definitely time for a cigarette.” She leaned down to kiss Rachel on the forehead and walked outside, still chuckling to herself.

“I’ll join you, Lil Bit,” Faith said as she followed the younger girl outside.

Willow and Tara stood up and gathered the few little dishes scattered around the living room and took them into the kitchen.

Xander stood up and gently took the sleeping Colter from Callie’s lap. “I’ll take this from you, my dear lady.”

Colter stirred in Xander’s arms before opening his eyes and looking around. “Where’s Gram Gram?” he asked sleepily.

“I’m right here, darling. Xander’s got you now. You’re going to spend the night at his house. Won’t that be fun?”

He immediately perked up, looking at Xander. “I’m getting to spend the night at your house again, Xander?”

Xander smiled and nodded. “You sure are, buddy. This time, we can watch movies or play games with Anya, Beck, Dawnie and your Aunt Rachel. Sound like a plan to you?”

Colter beamed at Xander and hugged him. “Thanks, Xander!”

“Thanks? For what, buddy?” Xander asked, genuine confusion written across his face.

“For playing games with me and helping me with my project the other day for my mommy. I couldn’t get my grandpa to help me with anything. He was always so busy with his work. But you helped me. And you gave me lots of cookies, too,” Colter added, laughing.

“Well, you don’t have to thank me. I like having you as a building buddy. You’re quite the little Picasso.”

“Thanks, Xander. Can we go play at your house now?”

Xander hugged the little boy closer. “Of course we can.”

“Do you think Anya would play The Game of Life with me?”

Xander laughed as he grabbed Colter’s overnight bag from a smiling Tara and headed out the door. “I think she would be delighted. . .”

Willow moved the cushions from the couch and spread some sheets over it. She looked over at Tara who was walking down the stairs carrying some extra blankets and a pillow. “You know, sweetie, it was really hard explaining to my mother why we only needed one pillow.”

Willow laughed. “Did you tell her why?”

“I didn’t have to. She’s my mother; She knows all,” she added with a roll of her eyes.

“Well, at least she knows that you carry around my favorite pillows with you.”

Tara laughed as she turned off the living room light and laid down on the couch, holding her arms out waiting for Willow.

“Did your mom get settled in okay up there?” Willow asked as she snuggled closer to Tara.

“Yes, she did. She pretty much fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.”

“Good. Your mom is adorable, baby. I’m glad I got to meet her.”

Tara kissed the back of the redhead’s neck. “She is. . .And thank you, Willow. For today and everything. You are amazing, sweetie.”

“You’re welcome. I wanted to do something nice for you. I’m so happy that you and Colter moved here. I’m so lucky to have you in my life. I just. . .want to make sure that. . .you want to stay in my life, too.”

Tara smiled at her girlfriend. “Of course I do, baby. I’ve made a home here with you and Faith and Buffy and Dawn. I don’t want to be anywhere where you aren’t by my side. Okay?”

Willow nodded as she accepted the lingering kiss from Tara. She cleared her throat. “Baby?”

“Yes, my Willow?”

“I’m pretty sure I’m in love with you.”

Tara chuckled. “All this work and time I’ve put in and you’re only pretty sure?”

Willow swatted the blonde on the arm and smiled. “Oh, stop! You know what I mean, baby. I just. . .well-”

Willow turned more fully toward Tara, wrapping her arm tighter around the blonde. “I just want to know if you would be content. . .with me. For a looooong time.”

“Willow. I’d be content with you even if I still lived on the other side of the country. You know that I’d do anything for you.”

Willow reached behind the arm of the couch and pulled out a small black box. Willow could see Tara’s eyes widen as the box came into her view. The redhead laughed lightly. “Don’t worry, baby. I’m not proposing to you. . .Not this early in the relationship, anyway,” she added. “But I do want you to know that I love you. And I think the world of you. Having you and Colter in my life is the most valuable treasure to me. . .and I cherish it. I cherish both of you. I want you to know all of these things. So I bought you this.”

Willow opened the box and saw a small ring laid gently upon the little satin pillow inside. It was a simple white gold band with an abstract diamond heart. Even in the small sliver of light coming into the room, Tara could see the diamonds sparkle.

She wiped a tear from her cheek. “It’s beautiful, baby.” She leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on the redhead’s lips. “Thank you, Willow. . .Thank you for being so good to me and my son.”

“You deserve it, Tara. And this gift is to remind you that you have me, come what may. I’ll be here for both of you. I promise.”

Willow wiped another falling tear from her girlfriend’s cheek. “I love you, Will. I really do.”

“And I love you, Tara. So much. . .with every breath I take. . .”

“. . .And every beat of my heart,” Tara said, remembering the poem that Willow had written her while she was working last week.

“By the warmth of the sun. . .” Willow placed soft kisses around Tara’s face.

“. . .And the cool glow of the moon,” Tara continued, as Willow slipped the promise ring onto her finger.

“And the twinkle of the stars. . .a million miles away. . .” Tara felt Willow pull her closer as she finished the poem. “Love you.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry it's such a short chapter, but now that I will be able to update more frequently, the chapters may be a little shorter. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:30 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

DIBS

Okay, that Chapter was SOO beautiful!!!!!! Dude, you're teasing us, right? With the whole proposal thing....you're teasing, right?

But the Chapter was AWESOME!!!!!!! Cant wait for more!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:42 pm 

Short, but very sweet.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:38 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Aw, I agree with LonelyTara, short but oh so sweet.

And yes, please be teasing us with the proposal thing.

And I want Colter to start calling Willow Mommy lol.

Great story

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:50 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... I really loved the poem and the ring... I too hope that colter soon starts to call Willow mommy...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:45 pm 
5. Willowhand

Sorry I didn't post earlier - been a BUSY few weeks getting ready for a film festival gig in Philadelphia and a signing...but I wanted to tell you you're doing a great job with this fic! Love it! Keep up the great work - can't wait to read more of this and your other fic, "Morning Glory"....

FIRESIGN