The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The True Nature Of Soulmates {updated : Apr.14, 2011} CH. 6
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:56 pm 
3. Flaming O

•‬ Title‭ ‬-‭ ‬The True Nature of Soul Mates

‭•‬ Author name‭ ‬– sapphoselene

‭•‬ Email Address‭ ‬-‭ ‬sapphoselene@yahoo.com

‭•‬ Rating‭ ‬-‭ ‬Will start as PG-13‭ ‬but may need higher rating as story progresses.

‭•‬ Disclaimer‭ ‬-‭ ‬All BtVS characters belong to their developers‭ (‬like Joss Whedon and Fox,‭ ‬etc.‭)‬,‭ ‬I just want to play with them for a little bit.‭ ‬I promise to give them back right away.‭ ‬This will be a W/T story‭ (‬it might be a little different than you are used to though‭)‬.‭ ‬This story takes place after Chosen...‭ ‬it is an AU story...‭ ‬There will be angst‭ (‬how much remains to be seen‭)‬,‭ ‬it will deal with prolonged abuse‭ (‬and it's aftermath‭)‬.

‭•‬ Feedback-‭ ‬Most welcome...‭ ‬please,‭ ‬anything that would help me to improve my writing skills is needed and accepted with open arms.

‭•‬ Summary-‭ ‬Willow‭’‬s and Tara's souls fight to reunite.‭ ‬Nothing will be a barrier to them,‭ ‬not even death.

‭•‬ Notes-‭ ‬Much love and thanks to my beta reader Elrad.‭ ‬He is amazing.‭ ‬Also thanks for‭ ‬encouragement goes to Mandy,‭ ‬KiWi,‭ ‬Zephyrine,‭ ‬Young,‭ ‬Alex,‭ ‬misanthropic,‭ ‬NeverChosen,‭ ‬and the rest of my many new friends in Kitten Chat.‭ ‬They helped to give me the courage to actually try and post my first story.

-----------
Prologue
-----------

After‭ ‬Sunnydale becomes a crater the survivors go on the bus to LA,‭ ‬and are taken in by Angel Investigations.‭ ‬As they figure out what they are going to do next Willow is able to hack into the Watcher Council network.‭ ‬She finds out that Giles is now the most senior watcher and that there are several watchers and watcher trainees around the world.

With her hacking skills Willow is able to take control of all the Council‭’‬s assets.‭ ‬They decided that they will restructure it.‭ ‬It will be radically different than the previous one.‭ ‬The core Scooby gang will be involved in the evolution of the Watcher's Council becoming what it should have been.

Willow is deeply involved in her new mission to get a Council up and running,‭ ‬and working on how to find and train all the new Slayers.‭ ‬It is decided that the new Watchers Council will be based in California.‭ ‬With some of the old council‭’‬s funds Willow buys‭ ‬3oo acres of land just north of Ventura.‭ ‬She then arranges for facilities to be built there to house the Council as well as training facilities for new watchers and slayers.

Once the new facilities are finished enough to be used Willow,‭ ‬Buffy,‭ ‬Faith,‭ ‬Xander,‭ ‬Dawn,‭ ‬and Giles move in with some of the new Slayers and Watchers that survived the Bringer‭’‬s‭ ‬“cleansing‭”‬.‭ ‬Then Willow had to deal with finding the new Slayers,‭ ‬and the surviving Watchers.‭ ‬Construction on the Scooby base would be continuing for quite some time.‭ ‬Willow has moved into a state where she is comfortable being single.‭ ‬She focuses on restructuring how the Council works.

------------
Chapter‭ ‬1
------------

The sun was just beginning to bathe the sky with glorious color.‭ ‬Willow sat on the ground leaning against a large tree.‭ ‬She wore a dark green button shirt,‭ ‬brown cargo pants,‭ ‬and her denim jacket.‭ ‬It had been Xander‭’‬s idea to plant a large willow tree in the center of the garden.‭ ‬It had been placed next to a small stream that ran through the complex.‭ ‬His gift of‭ ‬“Willow‭’‬s willow‭”‬ had been such a very‭ ‬surprising and touching gesture.‭ ‬Willow had known then that all would be right between them.

Willow made sure that the construction of their new‭ ‬“Scooby base‭”‬ (as Dawn put it‭) ‬was in harmony with the natural surroundings.‭ ‬Xander had supervised the more‭ ‬practical side of the construction.‭ ‬Willow was so proud of her lifelong best friend.‭ ‬He never let anything stop him from what he wanted to do.‭ ‬He had done such an amazing job.‭ ‬She made sure to let him know often how much she was impressed by him.

Willow had made it a daily habit to greet the day under her tree.‭ ‬It was a place she knew her well meaning friends would allow her peace and time alone with herself.‭ ‬It was the place she felt safe letting down her guard,‭ ‬and allowing thoughts of Tara to wash over her.‭ ‬It had been only a few days after the destruction of Sunnydale that Willow had realized she couldn‭’‬t settle for anything less than the love she had shared with Tara.‭ ‬The complete and total love of a soul mate is something that can‭’‬t be diminished or replaced.

Something had been disturbing Willow since she had lost Tara.‭ ‬She was having strange dreams.‭ ‬She dreamed of the same person every time.‭ ‬This person had invaded every dream she could remember since Tara had died.‭ ‬Willow was concerned because she has started to see visions of this person while she was awake.‭ ‬Today she was debating with herself on whether or not to tell her friends what she had been seeing.‭ ‬Willow sat there for an hour before she rose to go and get breakfast.‭ ‬She still had not come to a decision on what to do.‭ ‬Slowly,‭ ‬she walked to the main building completely lost in thought.

The scents of breakfast wafted out of the dining hall,‭ ‬causing Willow‭’‬s stomach to rumble.‭ ‬She opens the door,‭ ‬and finds a plate of pancakes and eggs.‭ ‬Seeing the Scoobies at a table already Willow walks over and sits with them.

‭“‬How was your meditation,‭ ‬Will‭?‬” Buffy asked before taking a drink of her orange juice.

‭“‬Peaceful,‭ ‬I love being there watching the sun rise.‭”

Xander looks up from his pancakes,‭ ‬“Hey Will,‭ ‬you getting enough sleep‭?‬ You got circles under your eyes.‭”‬ The look of concern on his face stopped Willow from slapping his arm.

‭“‬I have been having strange dreams for a while‭”

Buffy looked up quickly,‭ ‬“What kind of dreams,‭ ‬Will‭?‬”

Willow closed her eyes and took a deep breath.‭ ‬“They started about a week after I lost T-Tara.‭”‬ She whispered with the pain of loss evident in her voice.‭ ‬After a moment she looked up expecting to see disappointment and pity in her friends‭' ‬eyes.‭ ‬What she saw was sorrow and love.‭ ‬This gave her the courage to continue,‭ ‬determined now to give them the whole story.‭ ‬No more secrets,‭ ‬not ever.‭ ‬Her friends meant too much for her to keep making the mistake of not trusting them.

‭“‬I am so sorry that I haven‭’‬t told you about my dreams before.‭ ‬There was so much going on when I got back from working with the coven in England.‭ ‬Then with needing to deal with finding the new slayers,‭ ‬and any surviving watchers.‭ ‬Also,‭ ‬we needed to get the land and build the new Scooby Base.‭ ‬Finding the new slayers and explaining everything to their families was hard too.‭ ‬Everyone was so busy.‭ ‬I know that isn‭’‬t an excuse for keeping a secret from you guys,‭ ‬my family.‭ ‬It just never seemed like my dreams were that big a deal.‭ ‬I mean we had things that were so much more important to think about and it never seemed the right time to say‭ ‬...‭ ‬‘hey guys guess what I am having strange dreams about a person I have never seen.‭’‬ I mean,‭ ‬we needed the finances of the old Council to help make the new one,‭ ‬and training the new girls and watchers for them just seemed so much more important.‭”

Xander reached across the table and put his hand over her mouth.‭ ‬“Boy have I missed your Willow babble,‭ ‬but sweetie you need to breathe before you pass out and we have to wait longer to hear about your dreams.‭”‬ He smiled gently at his long time best friend.‭ ‬Seeing her begin to relax he took his hand back and sat down again.‭ ‬“Now,‭ ‬if you are calm,‭ ‬just start at the beginning.‭”

Buffy reached over and took one of Willow‭’‬s hands in hers.‭ ‬“Will,‭ ‬we aren‭’‬t going to be angry that you didn‭’‬t tell us about some dreams that you have been having.‭ ‬If you were going to say that you ran off and eloped with a chaos demon then we might get a little upset.‭ ‬Not being able to throw you a bridal shower or anything.‭”‬ Buffy joked.

Willow looked at her best friend like she had just grown two more heads.‭ ‬“Buffy,‭ ‬I would never marry anyone without my family being there.‭ ‬You do know that I mean you guys right and not just my parents,‭ ‬because‭ ‬...‭ ‬I mean they weren‭’‬t there for most of my life so why would they be interested in my getting married.‭ ‬And euww a chaos demon...‭ ‬gross...‭ ‬that is just sick and nasty...‭”‬ She trailed off when she saw tears streaming down Buffy‭’‬s face while she was desperately trying not to laugh.‭ ‬“Oh...‭ ‬you are so gonna get it for that.‭”‬ Willow started to giggle herself.‭ ‬Seeing their friend finally laughing sent Buffy and Xander over the edge howling with glee at the visual of Willow hopelessly in love with a chaos demon.

After several minutes of laughter Willow dried the tears from her first giggle fit in forever.‭ ‬“Let's finish our breakfast,‭ ‬and then go to my room so I can tell you everything.‭ ‬It might take a while,‭ ‬and I really don‭’‬t want interruptions until I can get it all out.‭”‬ They all agreed,‭ ‬and less than‭ ‬20‭ ‬minutes later they were walking into Willow‭’‬s room.

Willow sat on her bed resting against the headboard while Buffy stretched across the foot end of her bed,‭ ‬and Xander commandeered her overstuffed chair.‭ ‬Willow took a few deep breaths trying to center herself.‭ ‬Her friends waited patiently‭; ‬realizing that she was having difficulty getting started.

She began,‭ ‬“Like I told you before the dreams started about a week after Tara died.‭ ‬It was strange.‭ ‬My first dream was about a baby being born.‭”‬ Willow stopped for a moment wanting to gage her friends for a reaction.‭ ‬All she felt from them was loving support.‭ ‬So she plunged ahead.

‭“‬A couple of days later the dream was about the baby learning to walk.‭ ‬It was so cute.‭”‬ Willow smiled about this dream.‭ ‬“The little girl pulled herself up using the end of a couch,‭ ‬and with her arms going everywhere she took a few steps.‭ ‬She fell on her bottom,‭ ‬and started to laugh.‭”

“About a week later I had a dream about the girl again.‭ ‬This time she was learning to ride a bike.‭ ‬She fell and scraped her knees several times,‭ ‬but she didn‭’‬t stop until she mastered it.‭ ‬I felt so proud of her determination.‭ ‬It kind of gave me the strength to begin my fight back from the darkness that I had allowed myself to go into.‭”

She felt Buffy sit up on the bed.‭ ‬Buffy took Willow‭’‬s shoes off and began to massage her feet.‭ ‬Willow was very surprised by this.‭ ‬After all Buffy hadn‭’‬t done this since before she had died.‭ ‬They used to give each other foot massages all the time after patrols.‭ ‬A tear silently rolled down Willow‭’‬s cheek at this sign‭ ‬that she truly had her best friend back,‭ ‬and Buffy did indeed forgive her for everything she had done.

Clearing her throat Willow continued.‭ ‬“Every few days I would have another dream about this girl.‭ ‬A couple months ago I saw her graduate from high school.‭ ‬When she walked near me I tried to shake her hand,‭ ‬but my hand went right through her.‭ ‬That was when I began to get worried about the dreams.‭”‬ Willow took a deep breath.‭ ‬“I mean,‭ ‬wasn‭’‬t that the thing with the First...‭ ‬non corporeal and everything.‭ ‬So I tried to touch other things and found that my hands went through them as if nothing existed.‭ ‬It was kind of like being inside a movie.‭ ‬You know,‭ ‬like you are real but what you are watching isn‭’‬t.‭”

Xander left the chair to come and sit on the bed next to Willow.‭ ‬He picked up and held his best friend‭’‬s hand offering his support silently,‭ ‬just as he had always done her whole life.‭ ‬Feeling stronger Willow continued.

‭“‬For the last several weeks I have been seeing this woman working at different jobs,‭ ‬taking classes at a college,‭ ‬and acting in a theater.‭ ‬I can see her showing everyone around her that she is happy,‭ ‬but when she is alone I feel just how sad she is.‭ ‬Something has been wrong her whole life.‭ ‬I have through my dreams watched some of the most important moments of her life.‭”

Willow hesitated now.‭ ‬“I can remember every dream as if it was my own memory.‭ ‬What scares me is that I am now beginning to get these dream visions when I am awake.‭”‬

On hearing this last statement Buffy got a panicked look on her face.‭ ‬“What do you think this means Will‭?‬ Do we have some kind of demon using your dreams to try and get to us,‭ ‬or could it be left over from the dark magic‭?‬”

“I don‭’‬t know Buffy.‭ ‬That is why I had to talk to you guys about this.‭”

Xander spoke up,‭ ‬“Maybe we should talk to Giles,‭ ‬and see if he has any ideas.‭ ‬Don‭’‬t worry Will,‭ ‬we will go into research mode and figure this out together.‭”

Willow looked at her friends,‭ ‬and felt relief that they were not blaming her for anything.‭ ‬“That sounds great Xander.‭ ‬I think we should tell Giles right away.‭ ‬The sooner we figure this out the better I will sleep.‭”

“He said he would be in the gardens today.‭”‬ Buffy informed them.‭ ‬“Something about meditating on nature.‭ ‬I think he just wanted to get away from the trainees for a while.‭”‬ She laughed.‭ ‬They all agreed that he was probably hiding from all the girls that had been brought to the Scooby base.

‭“‬Well,‭ ‬I suppose we should go find him,‭ ‬and give him the researchy thing to focus on.‭”‬ Willow said as she reached for her shoes.‭ ‬As soon as she was ready they left her room to search the gardens for Giles.

When they were about‭ ‬100‭ ‬yards from Willow‭’‬s willow it seemed like all hell broke loose.‭ ‬Everything shimmered like a mirage on a hot desert day.‭ ‬The earth shook.‭ ‬They were deafened by what sounded like hundreds of explosions.‭ ‬Willow‭’‬s willow tree was encased in a brilliant glow.‭ ‬As the glow faded,‭ ‬the earth stopped shaking,‭ ‬the sounds died,‭ ‬and everything stopped shimmering.

Willow was staring at her tree and noticed what looked like a person falling to the ground.‭ ‬She started to run towards the tree.‭ ‬Xander and Buffy were right on her heels when she stopped dead in her tracks.‭ ‬Buffy kept going,‭ ‬and found a woman lying face down under the branches of the tree.‭ ‬The woman's long blond hair hid her face from view.‭ ‬Her blue jeans and denim jacket were old and worn.‭ ‬The brown hiking boots she had on‭ ‬looked like they were about to fall apart.‭ ‬Buffy turned her over and heard Willow gasp.‭ ‬Looking up Buffy watched as Xander barely caught Willow as she fell to her knees.

Willow had gone white as a sheet.‭ ‬“Buffy,‭ ‬that's her.‭ ‬She is the one I have been dreaming of.‭”

Scarlet Black

Last edited by sapphoselene on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The True Nature Of Soulmates
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:08 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Well I am loving this premise and am very intrigued as to these dreams and the girl Willow's been dreaming about (especially now she's shown up!)

I hope Tara is able to make an appearance soon! (I'm presuming she comes back to life, this being the kittenboard and all :p)

Oh and woo, I got your first comment!

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:49 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Hi there Selene,

Great start to your first story and congratulations for taking the plunge and posting it. You’ll find (and probably already have found) that the Kittenboard is such a supportive environment that it’s really easy to post here. I certainly found that when I started writing

I’m wondering if the girl is reincarnated Tara? Certainly sounds interesting and I can’t wait to see where you take it.

I noticed that you switch between tenses a little, writing in the present as per below:
Quote:
She opens the door,‭ ‬and finds a plate of pancakes and eggs.‭ ‬Seeing the Scoobies at a table already Willow walks over and sits with them.

And then switch to past:
Quote:
Willow sat on her bed resting against the headboard while Buffy stretched across the foot end of her bed,‭ ‬and Xander commandeered her overstuffed chair.‭

Most authors tend to write in past tense for the pure reason that it’s easier. It’s jolly hard to write an entire story in the present tense, I once wrote part of a chapter and found myself constantly having to make corrections becaue I kept wanting to write in the past. Just one thing to be aware of when you’re proofing :-)

Keep up the good work!
Alcy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:22 am 
3. Flaming O

This is a very good fic. It has my full attension. Cant wait for the next update.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:32 am 
3. Flaming O

Awww, I'm loving the story..

Sorry I didn't post before...

Anyway I like the start, but u and Chris really like to torture us...

Come on, don't take to long to update again..

I'm not good with waiting.. :shy :shy

UPDATE MORE, PLEASE!!!!! :pray :pray :pray

:kitty
Tay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:16 pm 
3. Flaming O

Laragh: Thank you so much for responding, and I'm glad you were the first to comment. You are a great writer and I hope to learn from you. (Don't worry in the next chapter you will get your wish.)

Alcy: I am following your story The Moth and the Star. You put such depth into your characters. Thank you so much for the tips and advice. I will keep it in mind to help my story flow better. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

crushdisaster1104: Thank you for your interest in my story. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

taysla: Thank you for your encouragement, and motivation. I hope I can keep the story entertaining for you. See you around the chat room.

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:18 pm 
3. Flaming O

Here is the next chapter:

• Title - The True Nature of Soul Mates

• Author name – sapphoselene

• Email Address - sapphoselene@yahoo.com

• Rating - Will start as PG-13 but may need higher rating as story progresses.

• Disclaimer - All BtVS characters belong to their developers (like Joss Whedon and Fox, etc.), I just want to play with them for a little bit. I promise to give them back right away. This will be a W/T story (it might be a little different than you are used to though). This story takes place after Chosen... it is an AU story... There will be angst (how much remains to be seen), it will deal with prolonged abuse (and it's aftermath).

• Feedback- Most welcome... please, anything that would help me to improve my writing skills is needed and accepted with open arms.

• Summary- Willow’s and Tara's souls fight to reunite. Nothing will be a barrier to them, not even death.

• Notes- Thanks for encouragement goes to Mandy, KiWi, Zephyrine, Young, Alex, misanthropic, NeverChosen, and the rest of my many new friends in Kitten Chat. They helped to give me the courage to actually try and post my first story.

------------
Chapter 2
------------

"Ahh, Will?" Buffy spoke softly. "Why didn't you say the woman you were dreaming about looked like Tara?"

Willow's breath came in strained gasps. "I thought that it was just because I missed Tara so much, and I didn't want you guys to feel sorry for me anymore."

Xander sighed gently. "Will, we don't feel sorry for you. We hurt with you. We lost a great friend when Tara died. You lost your heart and half of your soul, so your pain will be deeper than ours. We understand that, but we hurt too sweetie. We hurt too."

Willow gave him a gripping hug. She tried to put all her pain and confusion out of her mind in the moments she stole in Xander's comforting embrace. "Buffy, is she alive?"

Buffy checked for a pulse, and found a strong beat. The woman was breathing normally, as if asleep. "Yeah, Will. She seems to be sleeping. I am going to go find Giles. Xander could you stay here with Will and watch our new arrival?"

"Sure Buff, I got this. The faster you find Giles the quicker we will be to figure out what is going on." After Buffy took off running Xander turned back to Willow and they started to talk softly. Neither of them noticed when the woman on the ground began to wake up.

Used to waking up before dawn the woman on the ground was shocked to find light pouring into her eyes. Looking up she saw the branches of a tree hanging down from all around her. She began to think that one of her cousins was playing a practical joke on her again. It was a favorite game with them to see how much trouble they could get her into. She sat up slowly and noticed a low conversation taking place behind her. Her heart clenched knowing that she had been caught. She slowly stood and turned around to face the punishment that she knew was sure to follow.

She stood there for a moment confused. Who was that man with a patch over his eye. She would have remembered him for sure if she had ever seen him before. The woman with long red hair was turned around so her face wasn't visible. Taking a few steps she stopped behind the woman and reached out her hand to tap the redhead's shoulder.

Xander noticed a movement and jumped up putting himself between the new woman and Willow. "What are you doing! Don't you dare touch her!" He yelled the her. He was in full protect mode. The woman's reaction, however, stunned him.

When the man jumped in front of her the woman acted on the survival skills she had developed over her life. She immediately dropped to her knees, lowered her head, and put her hands on her knees. In a soft shaking voice she said "I''m s-s-so s-sorry sir. I d-didn't mean anything b-by it. I w-w-won't t-touch her, I swear. P-Please, don't punish m-me."

Watching the woman as she kneeled to him, and begged him not to hurt her twisted something inside of Xander. He felt sick. He moved very slowly to kneel in front of her. As he reached out his hand to her. He saw how badly she was shaking, and how she struggled not to flinch from his hand as he touched her arm gently. He couldn't imagine what she had to live through that made her react like this. He had never seen anyone cower and try to desperately shrink into herself before. It made a righteous anger flare in him.

Faith came jogging up right when Xander had jumped to defend Willow. She skidded to a halt when she saw how the woman reacted. Faith knew all too well what could happen to create the demeanor in the woman on the ground. She stepped quietly forward and placed a hand on Xander's shoulder. When he looked up she indicated with a shake of her head to back away. Carefully he rose and backed up a few steps.

Knowing that the woman would be confused and mistrustful of any kindness Faith moved over, and stood calmly in front of her. "Stand up." She ordered the woman in a low, soft voice. As she thought the woman immediately stood; keeping her head down and resting her hands loosely at her sides.

"Look at my face." Faith knew that this might not work depending on how this girl had been trained to be. Slowly the woman raised her head and looked Faith in the eyes. Faith could see that the girl expected to be hit at any moment. "Tell me your name." Faith didn't let it show how surprised she was that the woman looked like Red's girl that had died about a year ago.

"My n-name is Tara Maclay, ma'am." The voice was soft and slightly hoarse sounding. On hearing the gasps of the people in front of her Tara's eyes widened in panic. Never once did her eyes leave Faith's. The control shown in the face of what everyone could see was absolute terror humbled the three friends.

Right then Buffy came running up with Giles in tow. "Hey, I see she woke up. What did I miss."

Willow chose that moment to step forward. "Can you say your name again, please?"

Tara looked confused when she heard the beautiful voice say the word please to her. Faith saw the reaction and realized that she needed to intervene if she was going to help this brave woman keep her sanity together. "Answer the question, now!"

Confusion disappeared in an instant. "Yes ma'am. My n-n-name is Tara Maclay, ma'am."

"WHAT!!!" Buffy burst out yelling. She reached out grabbing Tara's upper arm and spun her around to face her. Tara couldn't stop her body from jerking when she saw the look on Buffy's face. "Is this some kind of a sick joke!!" She demanded. Too much anger and pain were surging through Buffy for her to notice Tara's reaction to her. When she didn't get a response Buffy raised her hand. She slapped the girl so hard that Tara hit the ground on her left hip. Everyone watched in shocked silence as Tara stood back up, and placed herself in front of Buffy. Her arms hung loosely by her sides and her head was slightly bowed; clearly waiting for the nest blow to fall.

Willow surged forward before anyone else could react; placing herself between Tara and Buffy. "Stop this Buffy! I won't let you hit her again. She has done nothing wrong. We need to find out what has happened. We can't ask her questions if she is unconscious." Willow's voice became softer and more calm as she continued talking. Her goal of calming Buffy down so they could work on finding out what was going on, worked like a charm.

Buffy shocked Tara and set her nerves on edge when she held out her hand and offered an apology for her behavior. Gingerly she reached out and placed her shaking hand in Buffy's. "There is no n-need to apologize ma'am. I must have b-b-broken a rule. Please tell me what I d-did wrong so I w-won't do it again." Tara's voice came out just above a whisper.

Willow felt her eyes tear up at the plea that came from the woman behind her. She turned around and looked at Tara. Her head was still down. Willow cautiously reached out her hand and with a finger under Tara's chin gently raised her face. "Look at me, please."

Tara raised her eyes and looked at the redheads face for the first time. Her eyes grew large. Her jaw dropped. She began to shake her head back and forth. Her mouth opened and closed without any sound coming out. Her legs gave out and she fell to her knees; never taking her eyes off of Willow's face.

Willow became distressed and knelt in front of Tara. "What is it? What's wrong?" Willow was unable to say the girl's name. "Please tell me." She pleaded not willing to see the girl suffer anymore.

Tara stared in absolute shock. Until Faith grabbed her arm and pulled her to her feet. "You were asked a question, and I expect you to answer it now." Faith stated in an even, calm voice.

"Y-y-yes, ma'am. I... w-w-w-well... uh... y-y-you see, I have s-s-s-seen her a-almost every d-d-day of m-m-my life. In m-m-my d-dreams." Tara barely was able to finish before her voice gave out from shock and stress.

Willow's sudden intake of breath was followed with, "You too? I have dreamed of you for over a year myself. I just told my friends about my dreams this morning."

Faith asked Tara, "Where are you from? Also, how did you get here?"

Tara pulled her eyes from Willow to Faith. "I have l-lived all over ma'am. The latest p-p-place We stopped a-at is La Place, Louisiana. I d-don't know h-h-how I got here, or w-w-where here is. I went to s-sleep on the floor near the kitchen just like I usually do, and when I w-w-woke up I was here."

Giles broke in now, "Why don't we take the rest of this inside."

Willow held her hand out to Tara. Looking from Faith to Willow and back, Tara nervously chose to put her hand in Willow's, and let herself be led to the complex. The whole group went straight to the library. Halfway to the library Willow heard Tara's stomach growl. She turned to Xander and asked if he could get lunch delivered to the library right away.

Xander raced off just happy to have something useful to do. Within minutes of everyone else getting there Xander, and a few of the training slayers he made help, arrived with lunch for everyone. He dismissed the trainees and turned around to find everyone staring at Tara. She had gone straight to where the food had been placed and began to set out the food and drinks so it would be easy for everyone to get what they liked. After she was done setting up she walked away and stood near a bookshelf,

Willow walked over to her and asked her what she would like to eat. "It's a-alright ma'am I d-don't need anything right now. P-please enjoy y-y-your lunch."

"Well I am telling you right now that I won't eat until you do! Just to make sure you do eat, I am going to fix your plate and sit with you until it is empty. Let's go." Willow grabbed Tara's hand and pulled her to the table. "Are you allergic to anything?"

Shocked Tara responded, "N-no ma'am, I have never b-b-been allergic t-to anything."

Willow handed Tara a plate to hold, then filled it as well as one for herself. She handed Tara a Mountain Dew and grabbed one for herself then said, "Follow me." She led the way to another table. "Sit here." Tara did what she was told. "Now either you can eat on your own or I will feed you. ... Well, what's it gonna be." Tara didn't want to get the redhead mad so she picked up her sandwich and took a bite. She felt a flush of pleasure when Willow gave her a blinding smile and started to eat her own food.

Much later after the food had been finished, and everything cleared away Giles cleared his throat and suggested they begin. "You told us that you went to sleep last night, and then just woke up here. Is that accurate?"
"Y-yes s-sir." Tara felt her stress begin to rise. She had no explanation for how she got here (wherever here was). These people behaved different from everyone she ever knew. It felt like she was walking through mud that just kept getting deeper. She could only hope that they would believe her.

"Did you notice anything different when you went to sleep last night? Any surge of power, or anything like that?

"No s-sir. Everything was the same as it always is. Except I woke up here. ... S-sir... may I ask where I am, please?

"Of course, child. Where were my manners. You are at what these young ones have termed 'The Scooby Base'. It is a training facility. We train young girls how to fight against ... uh... the bad guys, you could say. It is located many miles north of Ventura, California."

Tara's eyes grow huge. "You teach girls to f-f-f-fight?" She asks, completely dumbfounded.

Buffy answers this, "He sets out some of the training schedule for the girls, but Faith, myself and a few of our more advanced students run the training."

Tara's forehead scrunches up. It is clear she is trying to process this new information. Tara sneaks a glance at the redhead sitting next to her. Willow gives her a reassuring look. "So, um... can any girl learn t-t-to f-f-fight?" Tara whispers looking so hopeful that it tears at Faith's heart.

"That's right blondie. I'll teach you personally if you want to learn." Faith says this as calm as she can still watching the small shake in the girl's hands. This makes Tara momentarily speechless. She looks around the room at each person, and finds that they seem to want to encourage this. Looking back at Faith she gives a small nod and drops her head. Tara is positive that she will be punished for it. "Then it is a done deal, blondie, I will start teaching you as soon as you want."

Xander speaks up. "So G-man, since there was no spookiness on her end of the mid-day wackiness, where do we start. I mean there was the earth moving, the sound of crazy explosions, the world a looking all underwatery, and then the blinding light around Willow's willow where T-tara showed up." He stumbled over the name. Everyone looked at him. "What! Someone had to be the first to say her name. With all the supernatural, magical, hellmouthy weirdness we have seen; maybe she is who she says she is. Will, you remember the vampy you from the other reality that came here. I kinda figure maybe something like that is what happened."

Willow is watching Tara while Xander speaks. When he starts talking about supernatural and magic she sees a dramatic shift on the blonde's face. Inside Tara something pulls to it's breaking point and snaps. "What are you talking about? There is no such thing as magic." The look on Tara's face is as close to anger as Willow has seen so far. "Is this some kind of joke? Why have you people brought me here? What do you want from me?" As she starts firing off questions she gets up and starts pacing in the room. Finding herself with too much energy she moves faster.

Faith knows that a big blow up is coming. All the years of suffering that Tara had gone through, she finally reaches the pressure point. Willow gets up to calm Tara down, but Faith grabs her arm before she can get anywhere. "Let it be, Red. She needs this if she is ever going to heal. I know. I had to go through this myself. Remember?" Willow relents, but remains watchful.

Tara is getting very wound up by now. Everyone notices that she has stopped stuttering. "I don't know what you think you are going to get away with, but I won't let you. Why did you take me? Don't you know what will happen to me when they get me back? Do you even care? I can't believe you..." Tara is getting louder as her rant continues. The energy that has worked up inside her body has no where to go. Without warning she drops to her knees, holding her head in both hands, screaming in agony.

Willow jerks away from Faith and runs to Tara. She is a couple steps away when Tara falls silent. Her body jerks up. Crossing arcs of energy flow over her head and chest. The muscles in her body seize up and she starts to rise from the ground. She stops about one foot off the ground. Her head is thrown back with her eyes wide open. Her jaw is clenched in what appears to be extreme pain. A golden glow takes the place of the energy surges. Willow throws caution to the wind stepping forward, and places a hand on Tara's right arm. "Tara, baby, ...please come down. Tara, sweetie, let me help you. Come back down to me. ... That's it. Nice and easy, baby. ... You are doing great, baby, ... come back to me ... that's right ... I'm right here... I've got you, baby."

Willow's touch and soothing voice somehow make it through into Tara's mind. She grasps the sound and touch like a drowning man. "Breath, baby ... that's it ... I've got you." Tara's body relaxes and she collapses into Willow's waiting arms. Faith comes over and helps to carry Tara to one of the couches in the library.

"Holy hell, what was that?" Buffy blurts out. "Giles?" Buffy looks at her watcher and friend. but she sees that Giles isn't there anymore. Standing in his skin is Ripper, and it looks like Ripper is enraged.

Scarlet Black

Last edited by sapphoselene on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:35 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

DIBS!

Well hot damn, I wasn't expecting that!

I know they had to be cautious and all, but I still wanted to hit Faith when she was being all mean and demand-y to Tara.

I am very, very intrigued by this.

And pissed at how this Tara was living before. Sleeping on the floor near the kitchen? :shy She should be in bed beside Willow for mutual snuggleage. Which is totally a word.

Please update soon. I'm gonna be pondering what's happening in this when I'm trying to sleep. You're totally getting the blame if I fall asleep at work ;-)

Loving it more and more!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:51 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Poor Tara D: *hugs her* Sleeping on Kitchen floor? tried that, not very comfy.
She needs snuggleage as Laragh also said :3
Can't wait for more! :D:D i will be stalking you !

xx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:33 pm 
3. Flaming O

this just grips you and doesn't let go. Really great two chapters!! Can't wait to read more!! Update soonish?? :clap

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:28 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness.. I hope Willow soon explains Tara everything, I also hope that Tara doesn't freak out too much...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:41 pm 
3. Flaming O

Oww, I feel so bad for Tara.

I really hope Willow help her.. :peace

Now I need more update..

I can't wait to read more. :pray :pray

Tay.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:56 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Hi !

Sorry I haven't reviewed before, I just read it. So...really, very good idea, and this is getting very interesting...lots of suspence, let's see how they deal with Tara and The Ripper ;-)

Two very enthusiastic thumbs up !

KiWy :peace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:18 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Interesting start so far. Wondering why Ripper has shown up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:47 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Interesting start, looking forward to seeing what else you decide do with this. ;-)

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:24 am 
3. Flaming O

Laragh- as always I am so excited when you read my stories. you have given me so much confidence. thank you very much. i do hope that i haven't cost you too many sleepless nights *giggles*. i am glad that i can intrigue you. i have read your works and you are a wonderful writer. so i take it as a great compliment that you enjoy what i am doing. :))

tarawillow<3- i agree that it is wrong for tara to be made to sleep in such a bad place. i am sorry that it needed to happen, but have no fear she will not have to do it again in my story. ;-)

Hidden In You1023- i'm glad that my story drew you in so well... sorry it took so long to update but i hope it is worth the wait. :-D

Zampsa1975- much will continue to happen, and i hope that you will enjoy the way that the story unfolds. some explaining is done in this next chapter, but much more will need to happen as it continues. :eyebrow

taysla- my friend... i am so sorry it took so long to update, but i think you will like what happens next ( i hope ). much help will come for many as the story goes on. :bigwave

KiWy- i love that you feel the suspense that i try to create. i am very happy that you are enjoying this... here comes the next part... ready... wait for it... hehehe :bounce

love_2003- in the next chapter it should let you know why Ripper showed up at the end of chapter 2. i hope that you continue to read the story and enjoy it. :angel

vampyregurl73- i am pleased that you found my story interesting so far. i hope you like where it will take you. please enjoy my next chapter. :party

Scarlet Black

Last edited by sapphoselene on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:27 am 
3. Flaming O

• Rating - Upgraded to R but may need higher rating as story progresses.

• Disclaimer - All BtVS characters belong to their developers (like Joss Whedon and Fox, etc.), I just want to play with them for a little bit. I promise to give them back right away. This will be a W/T story (it might be a little different than you are used to though). This story takes place after Chosen... it is an AU story... There will be angst (how much remains to be seen), it will deal with prolonged abuse (and it's aftermath).

• Feedback- Most welcome... please, anything that would help me to improve my writing skills is needed and accepted with open arms.

• Summary- Willow’s and Tara's souls fight to reunite. Nothing will be a barrier to them, not even death.

• Notes- Thanks for the encouragement to do this in the first place goes to morrigan, Mandy, KiWi, Zephyrine, Young, Alex, misanthropic, NeverChosen, Elrad, and the rest of my many new friends in Kitten Chat. They helped to give me the courage to actually try and post my first story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
***For this chapter I would like to give a special thanks to morrigan for all her help in researching and creating the ritual used for Tara. Thank you so much my friend. This wouldn't be anywhere near this good with out your help. All of the items used in the ritual have properties that would be useful in this type of ritual, but it is completely made up. If you would like to know why I chose these specific ingredients you can search on the internet for magicks that have to do with crystals, herbs, knots, casting circles, and the four elements. I pulled information from so many different sites that I can't remember them all now. ~grins sheepishly~ I truly hope that you all enjoy this section. I am so sorry that it took so long for me to update, but I wanted to make sure that I got it just right. Thank you for your patience, and continued support.***
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
------------
Chapter 3
------------

Without taking her eyes from Tara Willow called over her shoulder. "Giles, what just happened to her? What was that?" When she didn't get a response she turned her head. "Giles?" At that moment Tara began to moan. Willow's attention whipped back to the girl laying on the couch. Energy started to crackle and arc around her head and chest again. The power of it knocked Willow back on her ass. "Giles!!" Willow began to panic.

Buffy rushed forward to help Willow back up. She held her arms not letting her get close to Tara again. Faith and Xander also took a few steps back. Giles had gone to one of the desks, and got something from a locked drawer. He walked towards the unconscious girl on the couch. He raised his arm, and before anyone could move shot her in the stomach. The energy stopped instantly.

"GILES!! ... Why did you shoot her? How could you?!?" Willow shouted feeling hot anger rise in her. She wrenched away from Buffy and went to Tara. Willow ran her hands and eyes over Tara searching for a bullet hole and blood. She found instead a dart sticking up from her stomach.

During this time Buffy and Faith had wrested the gun from Giles. "I had no choice. Her magick would have destroyed her and us." Giles spoke calmly to Willow. "I have seen this happen before. ... Twice. The first time the person, everything and everyone near them was destroyed by their magick. The second time the person was able to be sedated until their magick could be suppressed. After they learned how to control their new level of magick it was released back to them." Giles sighed heavily. "Look, there wasn't time to explain. If I hadn't sedated her we wouldn't be here having this conversation. I bought us time to do the ritual to suppress her magick. We have to move quickly to contain it before it is too late."

Faith released her grip on Giles arms. "So, what happens now? And why wasn't this a problem for her before she came here?"

"We don't have time for question and answer right now. I can explain after we do the ritual. I may have bought us enough time to complete it. Willow, we need to work quickly. I need your help to suppress the magick flowing through her. I don't have enough power to do this alone. Her magick is much stronger than the others that I saw this with. Xander, please make sure no one comes in while we are doing this."

"Guard duty, right. I'm on it G-man." Xander left and found others to guard the entrances to the library. He told them not to allow anyone in until someone inside gave the all clear. He then walked back in, asking what he could do to help.

While he was gone Giles gathered the supplies needed for the ritual. "Are you ready Willow? We have to do this right away."

Having gained control of her anger, and reassuring herself that Tara was only sleeping Willow turned to Giles. "Yes. I'm sorry I jumped down your throat like that. You have never done anything before to hurt Tara. I just couldn't stand seeing her get shot like my Tara did. It brought it all back to me, and I felt like I was loosing her again." Tears were running down her face, and her arms were wrapped around her middle like she was trying desperately to hold herself together. Buffy and Xander were there in a moment hugging her tight. "I'll be alright guys. Thank you. We should get started Giles."

"Buffy, Xander we need the center of the floor cleared. Can you move the tables and chairs back out of the way? Faith can you and Willow bring that Tara to the center of the space?" Giles moved the items he would need for the ritual to the center of the space.

Within moments the space is cleared and Tara is in the center of it. "Willow I need you in the circle with us. The rest of you make sure the circle doesn't get broken. This can be very dangerous if it gets interrupted."

Giles began to create the sacred circle. He burned sage to cleanse and protect the circle. He started with the East and at each of the compass points he lights a candle (East - air - lavender, South - fire - red, West - water - blue, North - earth - dark green). "I call upon the elements, air - the mental realm, fire - the spiritual realm, water - the emotional realm, and earth - the physical realm to ward this sacred space."

Giles went to Tara and cut a small lock of her hair with a cleansed and blessed athame. He sat in the circle and began binding the hair with a brown hemp cord. To this bundle he added these crystals: Rose Quartz, Hematite, and Obsidian. He also added these herbs: Angelica leaves, Bloodroot, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, Knotweed, Rosemary, and Wolf's bane. While he was binding he called upon two deities.

"We invoke thee, Brigit, Exalted One, Lady of the Sword and Word, Healer of the people. We invoke and invite thee, Lend thy healing power to this rite! Let thy gentle strength soothe all wounds of heart and body!"

"Blessed Gaia, Goddess of blue waters and green fields, rocky mountains and the desert sands, We invoke thee! Give to this young woman of thy strength, thy balance, and thy power! Help her to find her power, to base it in the balance of earth, to nurture it with the gentle strength of thy ever-flowing waters!"

He continued wrapping the cord until the hair, crystals, and herbs are a solid bundle. He tied it up and tucked the ends into the wrapped hemp cord. He then placed the bundle into a blessed pouch. "Willow place your left hand on her forehead and your right on her heart." As Willow did this Giles secured the pouch around her neck. A golden glow engulfed the two women. Slowly a change became visible. The glow around Tara dimed, as the pouch that hung from Willow's neck glowed brighter. Minutes later the golden light faded, and Willow fell over unconscious.

Before anyone can move Giles finished the ritual and opened the circle. "Exalted Brigit, Blessed Gaia! We are most humbly grateful for thy presence and thy aid! Go in peace, Brigit, Gaia!" Then he walked the circle backwards he blew out each candle and collected it.

"Buffy, Faith, please take Willow and Tara up to Willow's room. They must stay near each other while the binding is new. They will sleep for a long while. Xander let them know it's safe to enter the library again." Giles sits heavily in a chair as his energy fails him.

Buffy and Faith each carry a girl. When they get to Willow's room they put them on Willow's bed and remove their shoes. Faith was able to get Tara's jacket off leaving her in an old, faded, long sleeved, green t-shirt and her jeans. Buffy pulled a blanket over them, and the two slayers left the room.

Buffy and Faith rushed back to the library. As they got near it Faith spotted one of the more skilled trainees. "Hey, Jaz I got a job for you. I want you to take a chair and post yourself outside of Willow's room. Grab someone to go with you. If Willow or the other girl in her room wake up we want to know immediately. Got it?"

"Is there any danger I should be watching for?" Jaz was instantly on alert. It wasn't often that she saw Faith so tense. She knew something was up.

"I'm not sure yet. I just want to know as soon as they wake. Also, no one is to enter the room except us, Xander, or Giles. Get a move on girl. Send whoever you grab to notify us if you start to hear anything from the room. I want you to stay on that door."

"You got it Faith." Jaz took off at a run. On the way she grabbed Kassidy. Jaz explained their orders as they ran. They snagged a couple of folding chairs, and took up post outside Willow's room within just a few minutes.

Buffy and Faith burst into the library moments later. Buffy ran up to Giles to make sure he was alright. Once she convinced herself he was fine she began to demand answers. "Giles, what the hell was that all about? How did you know exactly what to do without any researching? What is supposed to happen now? Is Willow in danger because of that spell you just did?"

"That's bloody well enough Buffy!" Giles snapped at her. He took out a cloth and started cleaning his glasses. He took a few breaths, and began much calmer. "Remember my telling you about the time I was Ripper? He waited for nods of acknowledgment before continuing. "We were arrogant. However, Ethan Rayne was more dangerous than the rest of our group put together. He was obsessed with gaining more power faster, and didn't care who got hurt in the process. He found a ritual that allowed him to bind a person's magick to their soul, and cause it to grow at an incredible speed. The first of person he tried this on ended up dead when her magick broke free and consumed her. The problem was that her magick didn't just destroy her. It also destroyed 1/2 a city block. The rest of us barely managed to escape with our lives."

"So that's why you were all in panic mode. Do you think that Ethan had something to do with this too?" Buffy asked quietly.

"It's possible, but I don't know how. If it was him he could be coming to harvest the magick from this Tara. That puts everyone at risk, but the greater threat would be if he were able to gain her magick. The level of magick that was flowing through this Tara was too strong for me to be able to harness. I was barely able to act as a conduit to connect the two. Willow is the only one that I know of who could handle that much power without being destroyed by it. Ironically it was her enraged attempt to destroy everything after her loss of Tara that made her strong enough to do this. Willow will have to train this Tara in the ways of magick and Wiccan laws. As her knowledge and skill grows we will be able to release her magick back to her." He paused, and looked incredibly sad. "Unfortunately, even Willow won't be able to keep this added power under control for an extended period. After a time it will begin to destroy her. We have to help every way possible to get this Tara to accept what is happening to her, and get her trained as quickly as we can. This ritual that we just completed temporarily joined Willow's and Tara's souls. They can not be allowed to be any great distance apart without causing harm to each other. There will be great pain for both of them if they get too far apart."

"Wait a second G-man. how do you know all this about their souls, and what would happen if they separate? Oh, and how far apart is too far?" Xander had been growing more apprehensive the longer Giles talked. He didn't like that his best friend could get hurt by what they did.

"Xander, I know this because I created this ritual to counter Ethan if he should try again. When he did I performed this ritual combining myself with his second victim. The distance can vary as magick is not an exact science. The pain can be excruciating and potentially fatal. When they wake up I need to let them know about the restrictions they must live under until we are able to release Tara's power back to her." Giles rubbed his temples with the tips of his fingers. The ritual had left him with a splitting headache. "I would like it if at least one of you would go and wait inside the room with them. I am concerned that if Tara wakes first she might try to leave. She was quite distraught before her magick broke loose, and may still be highly agitated when she wakes."

Faith stood up with a determined but sad look on her face. "I'll go. I know how to talk to her. She seemed to respond better to me. I think we may have similar backgrounds."

"I'll go with you Faith."

"If you want to B it's cool with me. I told Jaz to get someone and watch their door until we were done. I think I'll keep them there to act as runners if we need anything."

"That was quick thinking Faith. Well done. I hadn't even thought to have someone watch over them before now. Send someone to get me when they wake. I will be in my room resting. I seem to have developed a splitting headache from the energies in the circle." Giles got up and left the library.

"While you ladies watch our girls I will go find Dawn and explain what I can of what happened here today. I don't know how she will take this." Xander looked down at his hands. He remembered how Dawn had sat with Tara's body so that she wouldn't be alone on the day she had died. Tara had been like a second mom to Dawn. He wished with all his heart that this wouldn't break her. She had already lost so much. The last thing he wanted to do was cause her more grief.

Buffy and Faith quietly got up and left Xander to his thoughts. Together the two slayers walked back to Willow's room each lost in her own thoughts. When they arrived at Willow's room Faith talked to Jaz and Kassidy. "I'd like it if you two can hang here for a while longer. Don't worry about training today. Has there been any sounds from the room?" When the trainees both indicated they had not heard anything Buffy and Faith entered Willow's room.

Buffy curled up in the armchair, while Faith sat on the floor with her back to the door. After watching the sleeping pair on the bed for several minutes Buffy broke the silence. "Faith, back in the library you said that you thought you and ... uh ... Tara had similar backgrounds. What did you mean by that?"

Faith took a deep breath, and looked at the older slayer. "I can tell by the way she acts, and how she talks that she was abused. There are usually two ways kids react to being abused. One is to kinda close in on yourself, and basically be like a kicked puppy. The other is to hit back and keep hitting even after the threat is gone. Because you don't want to give anyone the chance to hurt you like that again." She sighed heavily. "I had a pretty fucked up childhood B. I went through a lot of shit. It made me believe that I was bad, worthless, unloveable, and a waste of space. I felt the only things I was good for was being a punching bag or sex. After a while I closed off what was left of the girl I was. I started fighting anyone and everyone. Even when people came around that actually wanted to be my friend or help me. I couldn't believe anymore that I was worth saving. I screwed up just about everything I touched." Faith turned her head away as tears welled up and began spilling from her eyes. "I know how bad I fucked things up B. You and the rest of the Scoobies tried to accept me, but I couldn't believe that you really wanted to like me. After I woke from that coma and switched bodies with you I started to see that all life wasn't the way I thought it was. I finally began to understand what it felt like to be accepted. I started to see me the way I truly was, and that I had become like the people who hurt me. I am ashamed of how much shit I put you guys through. When you switched us back I couldn't face what I had become. I ran like the fucking coward I was. When I had the chance to go to jail, and try to pay for what I had done I took it. There was a prison counselor that I had to talk to. It took a while for her to break through to me. She was able to get me to see that what I had to survive as a child had been wrong, and I didn't deserve it. I was able to start taking responsibility for the choices I made then. Not that any of that can ever excuse what I did, or what I let myself become."

Buffy got up and went to sit by Faith. She didn't say anything. She just took the younger slayer's hand in one of hers, put her other arm around the girl's shoulders, and just held her. Tears were falling from Buffy's eyes while Faith continued to bare her soul.

"There is nothing I can say or do to fix all the fucked up shit I did. I had the chance to have real friends. People who would actually give a shit if something happened to me, and I royally fucked it up." Faith turned her head to look at Buffy again. Pain, despair, and self-loathing shone out of her eyes. "B ... Buffy, I know I hurt you more than any one. I want you to know just how sorry I truly am for every fucked up thing I did. I ... I just hope that one day you might not hate me. I will spend the rest of my life trying to make things better for you and the rest of the Scoobies. You guys were the first people to treat me nice at all. I will fight to protect you, and show you how much I have come to love you. If I could ever choose people to be my family, it would be you guys. I know that it can't ever be real. I am so sorry B. You have no idea how sorry I truly am. ... Look B ... I know I'm not worth it, but I want to know if there might be a chance that you could one day be able to forgive me for all the fucked up shit I put you through." Faith locked her eyes with Buffy's. She was filled with remorse for her actions. She couldn't keep the desperate hope from her eyes and voice. Tears fell unnoticed from her eyes.

Buffy couldn't bear to see how much pain Faith was in. She was shocked to finally know how much the younger slayer had been forced to live through. Her voice trembled when she began to speak. "Faith ... I forgive you. I had no idea what you had to live through. I have seen such a difference in you since you came back to help us defeat the First. I wasn't sure if it was real or just an act until now. I wanted to believe that it was real. I watch you with the girls, and I have loved what I have seen in you. You have started showing how big your heart is. I understand how scary that is for you now." Buffy pulled Faith into a fierce hug. "I need you to hear this Faith. I need you to understand this. ... I... don't ... hate... you. ... I never did, and believe me I tried. I was jealous of you. It seemed that things were just so easy for you. You came in and turned my world upside down. When we were in each other's bodies I learned a little about how you lived too. I began to see how hard and painful it was to be looked down on, and treated so badly. I wanted to help things change for you. When we switched back you took off before I could tell you. As time passed I let my anger and jealousy grow again. When you showed up again I didn't want to get hurt, so I wouldn't let myself trust you. Over the last few months that has changed. I am so proud of the strength and determination you are showing. I see you becoming the person you were always meant to be. You ... are ...family Faith, and you always will be."

Faith clung desperately to Buffy hardly able to believe what she was hearing. Could this really happen for her? Would they actually accept her even after all the stuff she had done? The strength of Buffy's arms around her comforted her, and gave her hope that this wasn't just a dream. "Thank you B. I don't know the words to say what this means to me. I promise you won't be sorry. I will do anything to prove myself to you. I've never had a real family, and I'm not going to screw it up this time." Faith drew back a little so she could look into Buffy's eyes. "You know I will still kick your ass if you start doing something stupid B." Faith gave Buffy one of her famous smirks. They both started laughing. After a few moments they became aware of movement coming from the bed. They quickly dried their eyes and got up to see what was happening.

Scarlet Black

Last edited by sapphoselene on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:29 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Hey there !

Well, very nice chapter, it's interesting how Giles handled things, i liked the way you were precise about the ritual, how Faith opened up and i'll be looking forward to see how Tara and Willow will take the news...
Though, just something that caught my attention: you have switched temps from past to present during the ritual part, which i found a little disturbing to read. But it didn't alter the global smoothness of the reading, so it wasn't that bad ^^.

Keep it up ! :peace

(P.S:...they can't be too far apart..meaning they have to sleep in the same bed ? ;-) )

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:37 am 
3. Flaming O

Thank you so much KiWy i think that i was able to fix the problem with the tenses in the ritual so it makes a smoother read for everyone. I didn't catch that when i was going over it before posting... thank you for watching out for me and letting me know. :blush :-D

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:52 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Very good chapter :)

Loved everything about it, Faith opening up kinda (and I'm not a Faith fan lol)

Loved Giles in this too. Awesome!!

Can't wait for more!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:01 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I truly hope that it's Willow who wakes up first so Tara would have a easier time to adjust to their new situation... I guess their forced closeness leads to night time snugglies and hopefully to :wtkiss ... Big yay for Faith telling Buffy about her childhood and what she had to go through and big yay for Buffy forgiving Faith and accepting Faith as a member of Scooby Family...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:00 am 
8. Vixen

Nice update. Very curious as to what you have planned for Tara and the need to get her on board with magic before Willow destructs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:03 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Kind of a major switcheroo, having Willow be the one who has to teach Tara the proper usages of magic. Should be interesting to say the least, especially with a traumatized Tara.

Have I said 'grrr' about this Tara's family? No? Well, GRRRRRRRRR.

And honestly, I didn't do much with the ritual, hon. Just tossed out some possible wording for the invocations, and talked a little about what I know of neo-pagan use of crystals/minerals in ritual.

Keep it coming!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:01 am 
3. Flaming O

morrigan - sweetie I used your wording for the invocations exactly and without what we talked about in regards to magicks and neo paganism I wouldn't have thought of some of the things that I ended up putting in and using for the ritual. I just wanted to be sure to give proper credit and honor to you for what I felt you contributed to my story. *grins and giggles* Thank you for being an ear to listen to me and letting me pick your knowledge from your mind. :-D ;-)

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:49 pm 
3. Flaming O

I am so sorry for how long it took to get this next chapter ready. I was sidetracked by real life issues for a while, but I am back now. Hopefully there won't have to be any more long breaks. I would like to say thank you for the feedback I have received. Some ideas I have or might put into the story as it progresses.

Without further ado or babble... here is the next chapter. Please enjoy, and let me know if there is anything that I can fix.

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:49 pm 
3. Flaming O

• Rating - Will start as PG-13 but may need higher rating as story progresses.

• Notes- Much love and thanks for encouragement goes to Mandy, KiWi, Zephyrine, Young, Alex, misanthropic, NeverChosen, and the rest of my many new friends in Kitten Chat. They helped to give me the courage to actually try and post my first story.

==========
{In this chapter I use the lyrics from the song “Stand My Ground” by Within Temptation. I intend no infringement of any kind, and I will not gain anything from this (other than the continued inspiration of the muses, and the enjoyment of any who wish to read my story). I only found the words perfect for what I wanted to convey in the dynamics that are beginning to evolve between some of the characters. Please take my borrowing of the words as the compliment that I wish it to be for having the passion and wording that I searched for.}
==========

~~~~~~~~~~
Buffy couldn't bear to see how much pain Faith was in. She was shocked to finally know how much the younger slayer had been forced to live through. Her voice trembled when she began to speak. "Faith ... I forgive you. I had no idea what you had to live through. I have seen such a difference in you since you came back to help us defeat the First. I wasn't sure if it was real or just an act until now. I wanted to believe that it was real. I watch you with the girls, and I have loved what I have seen in you. You have started showing how big your heart is. I understand how scary that is for you now." Buffy pulled Faith into a fierce hug. "I need you to hear this Faith. I need you to understand this. ... I... don't ... hate... you. ... I never did, and believe me I tried. I was jealous of you. It seemed that things were just so easy for you. You came in and turned my world upside down. When we were in each other's bodies I learned a little about how you lived too. I began to see how hard and painful it was to be looked down on, and treated so badly. I wanted to help things change for you. When we switched back you took off before I could tell you. As time passed I let my anger and jealousy grow again. When you showed up again I didn't want to get hurt, so I wouldn't let myself trust you. Over the last few months that has changed. I am so proud of the strength and determination you are showing. I see you becoming the person you were always meant to be. You ... are ...family Faith, and you always will be."

Faith clung desperately to Buffy hardly able to believe what she was hearing. Could this really happen for her? Would they actually accept her even after all the stuff she had done? The strength of Buffy's arms around her comforted her, and gave her hope that this wasn't just a dream. "Thank you B. I don't know the words to say what this means to me. I promise you won't be sorry. I will do anything to prove myself to you. I've never had a real family, and I'm not going to screw it up this time." Faith drew back a little so she could look into Buffy's eyes. "You know I will still kick your ass if you start doing something stupid B." Faith gave Buffy one of her famous smirks. They both started laughing. After a few moments they became aware of movement coming from the bed. They quickly dried their eyes and got up to see what was happening.
~~~~~~~~~~

------------
chapter 4
------------

As they approached the bed they could see Tara beginning to move. Her face was etched with fear. They heard her begin to whimper. "No... please... I'm sorry... I won't do it again... please... no... please... NO...PLEASE... I'M SORRY... PLEASE DON'T..." Buffy and Faith looked at each other not knowing what to do.

Willow rolled over in her sleep, and put her arm around Tara. Slowly Tara's movements calmed. She grew quiet. Her face relaxed, and she seemed to grow peaceful. Willow's leg moved to cover Tara's instinctively. Both of them began to smile in their sleep.

"Ok B, now that was just weird. Did you see what I saw?"

"Yeah. I did. I've seen this happen before. A couple of years ago when Willow would have nightmares about frogs she woke me up. I went to check on her and saw Tara do the same thing, and Willow calmed down right away. The only one that was ever able to calm Willow's nightmares while she was still asleep was Tara. I get the feeling that a lot more than we thought might be going on." She looked at Faith. "Do you think that this might really be our Tara somehow?"

"God B. I don't know. I mean we have seen some pretty freaky shit since we became Slayers. Who knows B... fuck.” Faith ran her hands through her hair in frustration. “I don't know how, but if it is the same Tara I want to know how and why this happening."

"Me too."

The two girls went back to sitting and watching. They waited for a few more hours before their patience was rewarded. Tara and Willow began to wake up at the same time. As Willow began to be aware of her surroundings she noticed that she felt so much more at peace than she had in a very long time. She felt a warmth flooding her. She heard and felt someone breathing under her arm. Slowly she opened her eyes, and found herself drawn into deep pools of sapphire. For a moment she forgot everything that had happened in the last year and a half. She smiled, leaned in, and kissed Tara. Tara went stiff, and Willow could feel the fear pouring off of her. Her mind cleared, and she remembered everything. "Oh... goddess... I am so sorry Tara. I didn't mean to frighten you." Willow untangled herself from the other woman. "Please don't be upset... I was still half asleep and kinda dreaming. I would never try to take advantage of you. I mean ... not that you aren't beautiful because you are. It's just that I don't go around kissing everyone I see. But you are majorly kiss worthy... anyone would be a fool not to want to kiss you, because you have the softest lips. Oh goddess... somebody shut me up please..."

Tara's mouth quirked into a half smile. Slowly she reached out a hand to the blushing, babbling girl next to her, and put her fingers on her lips to stop the flow of words. "I-it's ok. Y-y-you just s-startled me. That's all." A small blush appeared on Tara's cheeks and she tried to hide her face. "It's n-nice that you think I'm p-pretty. N-no one has ever s-said anything l-l-like that to me before." The next words were barely whispered. "I think you are beautiful, and I'm g-glad that you were the f-first one t-to kiss me."

The two on the bed first became aware of their audience when Faith opened the door and sent Kassidy to go get Giles. They both blushed deeper red as they sat up on opposite sides of the bed. Tara instantly ducked her head to hide behind a curtain of hair. Willow saw this, and went around the bed to kneel in front of her. She gently placed her hand under Tara's chin, and raised her face until she could see her eyes again. "Please, ...please don't ever hide yourself like that. You are beautiful. You have nothing to be ashamed of, or frightened about. Can you try to do that for me?"

Tara looked at the redhead in wonder. No one had talked to her like this before. She didn't know what to do so she just nodded her head and smiled a half smile. Nervously she glanced at the other two girls in the room. She was surprised to see no anger in them. They looked kinda sad for some reason. Her heart went out to them.

Moments later the door opened again and Giles walked in. He looked better than he did the last time the slayers saw him. "Good you are both awake. There is much that you need to know and understand. Please everyone be seated."

Willow sat next to Tara on the bed. Giles sat in the chair. Buffy and Faith sat on the other side of the bed. Once everyone had settled in Giles began again. "Willow, this will be easier for you to understand given your knowledge and training." Giles turned kind, and gentle eyes to Tara. "My dear, I feel that what I must say will be difficult for you to understand and believe at first. First I must ask Willow to do a demonstration so that it may be easier for you to understand what you need to know. Willow, ... I need you to do a spell for Tara. Be careful when you do. Your power has been augmented by hers."

"Look Mr. Giles l-like I said b-before there is no such thing as m-m-magick. It is just t-tricks and illusions. Why are y-y-you ..." Tara stopped talking abruptly because she had begun to rise off the bed. Her face went white with fear.

Willow got up and stood in front of Tara. "Please don't be afraid. I won't let anything happen to you. I will keep you perfectly safe. Slowly Willow turned Tara, and then gently set her back in the middle of the bed with her back against the headboard. Willow went to her and put her hand on Tara's. "See, no bumps or bruises. I won't let you get hurt. Magick is nothing to be afraid of. Are you ok?"

Tara's color had returned, and she had a look of wonder on her face. "I n-never thought th-that magick c-could be real. H-how did you d-do that?" She stared wide eyed at Willow.

Willow sat beside her still holding her hand. "I can explain later. Right now I think it is real important to listen to what Giles has to say... ok?"

"Oh, yes... I'm s-sorry Mr. Giles. P-please go ahead."

"Thank you Tara. Can you begin to understand the gravity of what we are needing to deal with?" After she nodded he continued. "While down in the library something dreadfully frightening happened. We had to take measures to contain the situation. This will directly effect both of you. You see Tara when you got upset, and your stress rose something happened in you that released the magick that was dormant in you. ... Please allow me to finish before you start with questions. I may be able to answer some of them beforehand. Now, the magick that had been trapped inside of you began to release all at once. This would have literally destroyed you, as well as those around you, and much of the complex as well. Understand dear that none of this is the fault of anything you have or have not done. It simply is."

Willow griped Tara's hand tighter to lend strength to her. She felt the blond begin to shake with fear over what could have happened. Tara looked at her with tears in her eyes. Willow reached her other hand out to gently caress Tara's cheek. "You couldn't have helped any of it. Don't worry we'll figure this out. I know that you wouldn't knowingly hurt anyone. I can see what a gentle soul you are. Trust me ... we will help you. Can you trust me?"

Tare looked deep into emerald eyes, and saw nothing but compassion, strength, and the desire to help. For the first time in her life a feeling of peace drifted slowly into her heart. With a confidence she never felt before she spoke. "I trust you. Please help me. You are right when you s-say that I don't want t-to hurt anyone. Please ... please I j-just want ..." Unable to continue she dropped her eyes, and turned her head away.

"Tara? ... Hey, look at me. What is it that you want. Let us help you. We can do just about anything you know." Willow gave her a brilliant smile.

Tara looked around. She saw only looks of encouragement and concern. She took a few deep breaths. She turned back to Willow, and in a soft pleading voice said. "I w-want to b-be f-free. I d-don't want to b-be hurt anymore. Can you help m-me?"

You could have heard a pin drop in the deafening silence that permeated the room. Willow had tears rolling down her cheeks. She spun around and gathered Tara in a fierce hug. Faith and Buffy both helped to surround the terrified blond with their strength. It was Giles that spoke first. There was fire and steel in his voice. "We will do everything in our power to see that no one will ever be allowed to hurt you again. No on will ever be permitted to take you from here against your will. You can stay with us for as long as you like. We will teach you everything we can. We will help you to become strong enough so that no one can threaten you again."

For the first time in her life Tara felt safe and protected. Her body shook with relief. Tears streamed down her face. She cried all the tears that she had suppressed over the years. After several minutes passed her body stilled and her tears stopped. She lifted her head and gave Willow her first real smile. It shone from her eyes with such brilliance. Willow was momentarily transported back to the last time she saw her Tara give her that same smile. Quickly before Tara could see the desire rise in her eyes Willow repositioned herself back at the headboard. "Giles, we need to know more about the ritual, and what it did. Right?" Buffy and Faith repositioned themselves on the bed. Buffy sat on the other side of Tara holding her hand, and Faith stretched out along the foot of the bed. Unconsciously the three girls had created a barrier around Tara to keep her safe.

Giles took off his glasses and began cleaning them. "Quite right Willow. Tara, when the magick started to pour out of you uncontrolled we had to act quickly. I shot you with a tranquilizer dart to give us enough time to perform a binding ritual. We have temporarily bound you and your magick to Willow. She was the only one that could handle the power level your magick was at. There are some drawbacks to the ritual. It is of the utmost importance that you understand this as both of your lives depend on it. The nature of the binding is such that you must remain in close physical proximity to one another. As magick is not an exact science I can't tell you how far apart you can get before you start to feel the pains. If you get to far apart the pains will grow strong and it is possible... no, I won't lie to you. If you get too far apart you will both die. I am sorry that I didn't warn you of this before Willow, ... and Tara ... I know that this frightens you both. I can tell you that this is temporary. Once we can get you trained well enough we can release the binding, and then there won't be a problem with distance any longer. Willow, you and I will be her teachers on Wiccan laws, and Magick . We need to work hard, and get her trained quickly. You will not be able to contain her added power for an extended period. After some time has passed It will begin to destroy you. I assure you girls that this was the only solution. We had no other options available to us. As I explained to the others, I have seen this twice before. The first time the person was destroyed by the magick as well as 1/2 a city block. The second I performed the ritual; binding myself to the other one. We were able to get her trained well enough to break the binding safely. It is my wish and intention to repeat the success of the second one again. Tara, I know that this is a lot to take in all at once. However we don't have the luxury of time. Will you be willing to let us train you to understand and control your magick?"

Completely overwhelmed by the risks and dangers involved in what was happening. Tara looked around at everyone. Her eyes settled at last on Willow. No matter what she couldn't let this gentle woman suffer for her. She looked back at Giles. "Y-yes, Mr. Giles. J-just t-tell me what to do."

Heaving a great sigh of relief Giles looked at Willow. "My dear after we get some refreshment maybe you can start with teaching her some of the Wiccan and Magick laws. I hate to push so fast, but I need you to understand that time is not on our side in this."

"Of course Giles. Don't worry, you have made it very clear just how important time is right now." She pulled Tara into a sideways hug. "I'm sorry that you are having to go through this. We'll try to make it as painless as we can. Do you feel up to getting something to eat, and then we can work in the library with some of the books on basic Wiccan laws, and Magick?"

"S-s-sure. I'm n-not really hungry though." Her stomach growled as she said this. She looked completely embarrassed, and tried to hide her face again.

Willow reached out and raised her chin. "Hey... you are going to try to stop hiding... remember?" She said gently. "I think that we should listen to your body about if you are hungry. Magick and rituals can deplete your energies, and cause you to need more food to replenish them."She smiled sweetly. "After all I'm your teacher now ... so you gotta listen to me right?"

Looking at Willow and giving her a half smile Tara agreed. She let herself be led to the dining hall where they all had a good meal. Tara surprised them by getting a large steak, grilled vegetables, mashed potatoes, and garlic bread. The Tara that they all remembered had nearly been a total vegetarian. She grew nervous when she noticed the curious looks that the group gave her. "D-d-d-did I d-d-do something w-w-wrong?"

Faith was the first to answer. "No T. you've done nothing wrong since we first saw you. Trust me, I know what doing something wrong is, and you are nothing like how I was." Her eyes looked sad, and were filled with pain and self loathing. Before Buffy could reassure her that she was forgiven and accepted, Tara shocked the group. She stood went to Faith and pulled her gently into a fierce bear hug. Faith felt the comfort, acceptance and unexpected love coming from Tara. She began to cry as Tara just stood there holding the broken slayer, and murmuring soothing words. Softly Tara began to sing.

~~~~~
"I can see
when you stay low nothing happens.
Does it feel right?
Late at night
things I thought I put behind me
haunt my mind.

I just know there's no escape now
once it sets its eyes on you.
But I won't run, have to stare it in the eye.

Stand my ground, I won't give in.
No more denying, I've got to face it.
Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside.
If I don't make it,
someone else will stand my ground.

It's all around, getting stronger,
coming closer into my world.
I can feel that it's time for me to face it,
can I take it?

Though this might just be the ending
of the life I held so dear.
But I won't run,
there's no turning back from here.

If I don't make it,

All I know for sure is I'm trying.
I will always stand my ground.

If I don't make it,

If I don't make it,
someone else will stand my ground." (Stand My Ground by Within Temptation)
~~~~~

As Tara began to sing Willow went and enfolded the two women in her arms. While the song continued a subtle golden glow surrounded them. The glow faded as the song ended.

"Uh... Will? What's with the glowiness of the group hugging?" Buffy had gotten up and stood a couple steps back from the other girls.

"What do you mean Buff? There was glowing?"

"Willow there was a soft glow while Tara was singing. It began after you joined her and Faith. We need to talk about this and figure out why the magick was being accessed during your hug after we finish eating." Giles indicated that everyone retake their seats and finish their meals.

Faith stood still for a few moments. She had the look of a person completely at peace. For the first time in her memory she felt like she was finally home. She looked at Tara and Willow. Faith gave them a blinding smile filled with joy. "I don't know what you did, but thank you. Thank you." She took her seat next to Buffy.

Giles was startled for a moment. "Faith, perhaps you should join us for the beginning at least."

Faith smiled over at him. "Sure thing G. I'd be happy to."

Before anything else could be said they heard the doors to the dining hall slam open. A brunette came flying in the room. She ran straight to Tara and engulfed her in a hug. "Tara... Tara you're back... don't leave again... please. Oh please don't ever leave again..." The brunette's body was shaking with sobs.

The look of shock and terror on Tara’s face surprised everyone. She froze in place hardly breathing. She recognized the face of her cousin, Dawn, the one who liked to torture her the most. In that moment her mind was trapped in her fears that she would be found, and returned to her tormenters. Buffy and Willow approached the pair. Willow spoke softly, and gently placed her hands on Tara’s shoulders. Buffy pried her sister’s arms from around Tara.

“Buffy what are you doing?” The confused brunette rounded on her shorter blond sibling. “Tara’s back, and you won’t even let me hug her? What’s wrong with you? She was like a mother to me after mom died. I can’t lose her again. ... Not again.” Dawn’s voice broke as she collapsed in her sister’s arms.

Buffy held on to her sister, soothing her with quiet words and gentle hands. A few moments later Xander ran through the doors out of breath, and concerned. He slowed down, but still went to Buffy and Dawn. His heart was aching for the pain and loss the Summers sisters had been through. Without a word he wrapped his arms around them, comforting them with his quiet strength. When he pulled them near his heart started weeping for all the pain of the last several years.

Seeing the woman she thought to be her cousin behave so completely different from anything she had ever experienced Tara was confused. Feeling Willow’s comforting touch on her shoulders Tara begins to relax. When she hears what Dawn says, and watches the girl fall apart in Buffy’s arms, Tara tentatively steps forward. Feeling drawn to the young woman’s grief she reaches a shaking hand out, and touches the brunette’s back. When Dawn turns Tara fights to stay as relaxed as she can. Surprising everyone Tara asks “Is your name Dawn Maclay?”

“Not really, it’s Dawn Summers. Buffy?” She glances back at her sister for a spit second. “Tara? ... Are you ok? ... Don’t you remember us?”

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:29 pm 
8. Vixen

Dibs! brb

Finally an update, yay!

I like the inclusion of the unconscious behaviors. Willow and Tara comforting each other during nightmares without waking. How Faith and Buffy helped surround Tara protectively. The comfort Tara gave to Faith - can't wait to see what the "glow-y" aspect was all about when Willow joined and what kind of connection that means.

Looking forward to more of this Tara's backstory. Sorry, but I can see Dawn being a nasty little tormentor, especially as we see Tara has obviously been made quite the target in her current incarnation.

Good job!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:10 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
This is riveting! I want to know more, I'm fascinated seeing the story unwind and loved the magical detail.

This is a crafted story, a work. The love and energy you put into it is clear.

Loved the dedication, too.

Ariel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:47 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

OMG update!! YAY!!

This is such a cool story. So twisty and turny and wonderful!

Please update soon, please, please, please!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:13 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... The mutual nightmare helping snugglies really made me smile... I wonder if Tara casted some soul-healing spell on Faith unknowingly and when Willow touched them the spell was activated and made them glow-y... I can see Dawn as a head torturer of the Maclay-clan... I hope Tara soon learns the difference between Dawn Maclay, the head torturer of the Maclay-clan and Dawn Summers, bundle of joy of Scooby-clan

Last edited by Zampsa1975 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.