The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Wave
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:46 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
There's always some nosy neighbor that always ruins the good stuff when you're a teenager. You would think actually Sheila wouldn't mind Willow having someone stay with her, sometimes parent logic isn't - well logical.

"Built for joy" - that's a great line, very nice, very romantic.

This has to be one of the sweetest stories going on the board right now, I really enjoy it. Keep it up. ;)

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:19 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
Aww, they're so cute! Love the singing! And Buffy and Willow's talk! :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:43 pm 
3. Flaming O

I loved this update... I feel so torn that Tara is having to go through such a difficult time. It is wonderful that Willow is trying to find a way to help, and frustrating that her mom is such a distracted, poopy head.

I can't wait for the next update... I hope it contains more :thud and :sheep worthy moments. (Hinting and begging for more :wtkiss ) :pray :pray :pray :bow :bow :bow :pray :pray :pray

:kitty

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:38 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Great update. I love how Willow and Buffy keep trying to trick each other with how mad they were. Hoping Buffy's mom will let Tara stay with them when her time with Giles is up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:10 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
8th Dibs!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I bet you could climb Everest without oxygen, like a sherbet.”

A solid 5 minutes of laughter at that. Well done.

Hehe. Love the smoochie/Angel talk.

Aww poor Willow wanting to bring Tara home. Stupid Sheila.

I love Willow wanting to wait to experince...those feelings actually with Tara.

Tara singing Willow to sleep = perfect.

I love this story!!!

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:03 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Sheila sure is a poop-head... I truly hope that Willow, Tara and the Scoobies can figure out a permanent living space for Tara where they can enjoy snugglies in private...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:25 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

How sweet for Willow wanting to wait for that special moment to be with Tara. Don't know if I'd have that kind of strength, especially after their trip to the bathroom. Whew!

Oh, I remember how hard it used to be to part ways when first in love. *sigh*

I think Willow needs to tell Tara the truth about the Evil Momster's rules. She might be sad, but I don't think she'll be mad. Secrets are never a good thing. More soon please.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:27 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Buffy is so sweet and supportive. It's nice to read here. W/T are so in love it's cute and at the same time, they're totally suffering from the teen condition. They sort of have no freedom for a while. I'm sure it's hard for them. But on the other hand they're so in love and that's beautiful and wonderful to see.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:03 pm 
3. Flaming O

I love this story....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:36 am 

Time for feedback to the feedback! :D

Nue--I'm glad you enjoyed! There will be more singing in the days ahead, promise!

BuffyFan4ever--I agree, Will's parents are totally dumb. Living situation will be resolved in the next few chapters, I promise!

xlaurax1--Glad you were happy to see the update, and that you enjoyed the chapter! :D Here's more!

vampyregurl73--So sad but true. I'm glad you enjoyed the "Built for joy." line...it just seems so true about sweet Tara!

leonhart17--Thanks Mags!

sapphoselene--Yeah, it's rough that Tara's having to live the way she does, but I'm glad you're enjoying the *thud* moments! This chapter there is some :wtkiss, but there is some seriously :blush -worthy stuff next chapter.

love_2003--Glad you're enjoying :D

Laragh--Congrats on the...8th dibs? :D I kid, you're great! I'm psyched the sherbet line had you laughing, it was one of those ones that just kinda popped out and had me laughing too, LOL. Thanks for the high praise, my friend.

Zampsa1975--Indeed, Tara does need a place to live, poor kid.

wimpy 0729--I definitely have high respect for Willow's restraint! I'm glad that this fic has led to some nice reminiscing for you. I agree, Willow definitely needs to fess up...

JustSkipIt--Thanks so much for your thoughts, I'm glad, so glad, that you're enjoying!

Codyteddyh--Thanks, I love that you read it!

Wow, lots and lots of feedback...I should stay away for a while more often! Kidding, I missed you guys! Well, here's the next chapter:

• Title - Wave
• Author name – LonelyTara
• Email Address - 9kodama@gmail.com
• Rating - PG-13
• Disclaimer - This is a romantic and light-angst AU piece with plenty of adventure. Don't sue me, I'm not stealing anything, just borrowing!
• Feedback-Please, please!
• Summary- Wave is a season 2 AU. On Halloween, Willow meets a strange and beautiful blond girl, and becomes determined to find her. When they connect, Willow's life will be changed forever...
• Notes-Thanks to everyone who will read. Some of the dialogue in this chapter may come from BtVS episodes.

Chapter Thirteen: And Day

When Willow woke up in the morning she was tangled in the blankets, clutching her phone to her chest. Feeling instantly wide-awake, grinning at the thought of seeing her girl, she gave the phone receiver an impulsive kiss. Just a placeholder for the real thing, she thought to herself. Willow was still giggling when she got into the shower.

Before she knew it, Willow washed, dressed, and walking with Buffy to Xander’s. True to her word, the slayer didn’t put up any argument at being woken up early, though she was quiet and obviously groggy as they started off down the street. They found the boy sitting on the stoop outside his house.

“I’m sorry,” he said convulsively, rising to his feet and blushing furiously.

“I’m not mad, Xander,” Willow replied, smiling.

“Is she mad?” Xander asked, turning to Buffy.

“Oh no,” the little slayer grumbled. “I had enough of that last night. Willow, Xander is really sorry, aren’t you?” The dark hair boy nodded. “Willow,” Buffy said.

She spoke so forcefully Willow felt herself stiffen into a straighter posture in response. “Yeah Buff?”

“You’re not mad, are you?”

“Not a bit,” Willow grinned.

“Excellent,” Buffy replied, throwing her hands in the air. “Now that we have all that nonsense out of the way, let’s get to Giles’s house before he eats all my delicious, delicious pancakes.”

“Tara’s making pancakes again?” Xander asked, smiling.

“You betcha,” Willow said. “All though I don't know if you’ll get any, Xander. She’s pretty upset…”

Xander’s mouth dropped open. “No food for hungry Xander?”

“Willow,” Buffy scolded, giving the redhead a gentle elbow in the ribs. “Not nice to tease hungry Xander.”

“You were really kidding?”

Willow laughed at the expression of relief that bloomed on his face. “Yes, Xander, I was kidding. I think I would be violating some kind of human rights law to deprive a growing teenage boy of food.”

“Thank goodness,” he sighed.

When they got to Giles’s the watcher was already up, having a cup of tea in the living room while Tara cooked. Before Buffy could tease him the watcher held up a hand, shaking his head.

“I know, I know,” he said dryly. “I’m a terrible fascist overlord forcing a poor teenager to do my pancake-y bidding. I’ll have you know that I tried to get up early and beat Tara to the kitchen, and she was already in there making pancakes.”

“I was just going to admire the lack of sweater-vest,” Buffy said archly, settling to the couch. “A good button-down shirt is a terrible thing to cover up.

“Indeed,” Giles said stiffly, but Willow could see his lips curling in a small smile at the corners while he took a long sip of his tea.

“Kitchen,” Willow chimed, turning away from Buffy’s pout and Xander’s snort of mirth.

Tara had clearly been busy in the kitchen. A huge mound of pancakes already filled the largest platter Giles owned. Willow kissed her gently on the cheek and Tara turned her head so they could share a second kiss on the lips.

“Morning,” Willow sighed happily.

“And good morning to you.”

Willow slipped an arm around Tara’s waist and looked down into the frying pan. The shape choices were quite different this morning—hearts, music notes, guitars, and stars were cooking on the griddle.

“Those are new,” Willow said.

“Yep,” Tara said brightly. “Fresh and new pancakes for a fresh and new day.” A flush crept across her cheeks.

“Decided to go with a new design?”

“Well,” Tara said softly, stroking a fingertip over the back of Willow’s hand, making the red haired girl shiver, “It seemed only appropriate after the amazing night we had last night at the Bronze.”

Willow felt a blush crawl up her own neck and nodded her head until she could find the breath to speak. “Only appropriate. Tasty and delicious pancakes to celebrate-”

“To celebrate tasty and delicious Willow,” Tara said in a soft voice, grinning that delicious crooked grin.

“Naughty girl,” Willow replied, giggling nervously.

Buffy and Xander were on their best behavior when the saw the breakfast fare, not a hint of teasing from either of them, though Giles did seem to have to clean his glasses a bit more than usual when Willow insisted on feeding Tara bits of heart-shaped pancake.

After breakfast Tara went into the kitchen to wash dishes and Buffy gave Willow the wide-eye, jerking her head toward the kitchen. Willow shrugged, puzzled, until the slayer slowly mouthed: ‘New house rules?’ The slim redhead opened her mouth and then closed it again. She knew Buffy was right, but they’d been having such a great morning, Tara was so happy. Surely there wasn’t any need to spoil the fun now?

Willow mouthed ‘later’ in reply, and ignored the stern glance the slayer threw in her direction. She decided to join Tara in the kitchen anyway, washing as Tara dried, but Willow made no mention of her mother’s new rule.

The rest of that day passed the same way. After breakfast they wandered around downtown, stopping in different shops. They ate lunch at the Espresso Pump, leaving Buffy and Willow giddy with the mocha-love while Tara, and surprisingly enough, Xander, enjoyed hot herbal tea instead. The gang did some early evening slaying, taking out two rather clueless vamps, and then headed back to Giles’s house for pizza and movies. Willow skillfully ignored Buffy’s attempts to get her to tell Tara her secret, even as guilt started worry girl gnawing away. Leaving her girlfriend that night was harder than ever, Willow had to fight back tears as they hugged and kissed, grateful when she could let them fall as she walked home with Buffy and Xander. Neither of her friends said a word, Buffy slid her arm around Willow’s waist and Xander slipped one over her shoulders, offering their silent support as they walked her to an empty house.

On Monday Giles had a special treat in store. When Willow arrived with the others for breakfast they found Tara in the living room watching Discovery Channel. She’d woken to find Giles already busy in the kitchen, working on piles of eggs and bacon, he’d even dug out his old waffle machine, filling the house with the smell of warm, honeyed batter. The result was an absolutely delicious repast, though Willow admitted to herself that somehow it wasn’t the same without Tara’s funny-shape pancakes.

When the food was finally polished off and Buffy and Xander were wallowing around on the carpet like walruses, bemoaning their overindulgence, Tara insisted on cleaning up and doing the dishes. Before Willow could offer to help, Giles was on his feet, gathering dishes. The watcher and the runaway stood side by side in the kitchen, chatting about Joseph Campbell’s Power of Myth as they washed and dried. It was a moment of perfect ease, and Willow couldn’t help the little prickle of fear she felt. Tara had gained so much, but in just a few days she would lose it again. And there was nothing Willow could do but hope that Tara would survive it.

Slayer metabolism in full swing, Buffy was ready to head out after an hour of recovery, but before she could plan out a network of shops to hit, Giles announced that he had a place in mind for them to visit, one that he thought Tara would enjoy very much. Surprisingly there was no trace of the patented Buffy pout, until they all squeezed in Giles’ car and Buffy and Xander realized where they were being taken—Sunnydale High.

The watcher ignored their protests, their stammering surprise, calmly smiling as he headed toward the school. When they arrived, Buffy and Xander were still muttering about the injustice of having to be at school while they were on vacation. Giles pulled into the faculty lot and parked the car, graciously inviting Willow and Tara to accompany him. He told Buffy and Xander they could wait in the car if being on campus was too much to bear. Willow and Tara hurried off after Giles, both girls giggling when they heard the car doors open and close again as Buffy and Xander called out for them to wait up.

Giles took Tara on a quick tour of the campus, kindly pausing to give time for Willow to show Tara Ms. Calendar’s computer lab where she spent so many happy school hours. Buffy took them to the gym, telling Tara stories of her brief time as a cheerleader, and Xander, of course, insisted that they go by the cafeteria. When they finished their once over of the campus, Giles took him to their final destination: the school’s library.

He pushed open the double doors and Tara’s mouth dropped open. She murmured in an awed voice that three of her school libraries back home would’ve fit in to the space. Willow bounced on her feet, hands gripped under her chin and smiling wide enough to split her cheeks. Her girlfriend was just too cute for words. Giles was clearly delighted by Tara’s reaction; he walked back to the blonde and took her hand, smiling more broadly than Willow had ever seen. He took Tara over to his desk, pointing out the rare book cage. Tara ran her hands over the pale gray marble countertop, still gaping at the variety of books.

“As opposed as I am to spending my vacation away from school actually being at school, especially in the library,” Buffy drawled, throwing an arm over Willow’s shoulder, “I have to admit this was pretty awesome of the G-man.”

“Yeah,” Willow said, still smiling broadly. “Look at her, she’s so happy.”

“You two really are perfect for each other,” Xander said softly.

“Thanks, Xand,” Willow replied.

“Yeah,” he said, nodding. “You’re both really weird. Who else gets so excited over books?”

“Hah, hah, Xander,” Willow replied. She never took her eyes off of her happy girl. They could tease all they liked—everyone knew that bibliophiles were hot. Willow settled down onto the desk in the center of the library to watch her lovely Tara.

As time went on, and Giles still lead Tara slowly through his collection, showing her book after book. Willow watched, blushing, as he handed her the thin blue volume that she knew held Shiva’s words of love for Radha, the cow-herding maiden, beckoned by music to his side. Buffy and Xander took Giles’s keys and proclaimed their intent to hold a rousing game of kickball in the hallway. The watcher’s eyes widened and he followed them out of the library, imploring them to take their game outside so no damage would be caused to the glass cases that lined the hallway leading to the library.

“Good luck, there G-man,” Willow giggled quietly.

She walked up the staircase and slid her hands around Tara’s waist, leaning her chin on the blonde’s shoulder.

“Hey baby,” she told Tara.

“Hi Will,” Tara replied, leaning back and rubbing her cheek against Willow’s. “This was so nice of Giles. This library is amazing.”

“He does have a lot of cool stuff,” Willow agreed. “There’s one thing in here that is particularly beautiful and precious.”

“Really?” Tara asked, turning in Willow’s arms and batting her lashes. “Is it some rare first edition?”

“First and only,” Willow said, nodding. “The marvelous mystery of the beautiful Tara.”

“That’s an odd title,” Tara laughed. She leaned forward and pressed her warm, soft mouth to Willow’s. When they parted she stayed close, leaning forehead to forehead. “But I have a feeling I’d really enjoy the story.”

“I hope so,” Willow replied, it’s my favorite.”

They kissed again, soft and sweet, and then Willow walked with Tara around the rest of the library, gathering books the blonde was interested in so Willow could check them out for her. A bedraggled looking Giles appeared a short while later and told them it was time to go, before Buffy and Xander caused any irreparable damage for him to try and explain away. He happily checked the pile of books out to Willow, and the group headed back to the apartment.

Buffy and Xander hung out for a little while, but Buffy had to go home for a mandatory mommy-daughter dinner, and so he offered to accompany her on the walk home. When they left, Giles announced that he would be preparing dinner that evening, and told the girls they should feel free to relax.

Tara led Willow into the room she could call her own for four more days and they sat together on the day bed, reading Roethke. Willow blushed furiously, squeezing Tara’s hand as the blonde girl read I Knew a Woman in a throaty whisper, staring at Willow with darkened eyes. As she finished the poem she laid the book on the bed and drew Willow into her arms, kissing her fervently.

Giles called them to dinner all too soon, the fettuccine and salad he’d prepared were delicious, but Willow only half-tasted it, watching Tara’s graceful movements as she delicately cut and twirled her pasta, licked the rich white sauce from her full lips.

Dinner was quickly consumed and the girls fled back to the guest room, poetry punctuated with kisses until well after nightfall, when Buffy came on slaying rounds and offered to walk Willow home. With one last kiss, and a thick twinge of regret at the realization she still hadn’t told Tara why they had to be apart, Willow let her best friend lead her out the door and take her home.

As she had each night since her parents left, Willow went to bed with every light blazing on the path to her bedroom. She brushed her teeth and laid down fully dressed. Willow couldn’t remember a time when her life had felt so divided. Each day with Tara was bliss, but each night without her was an aching loneliness.

Tomorrow, Willow thought as sleep finally claimed her. I have to tell Tara tomorrow.

“So, is today the day again?”

Willow sighed in the chill of early-morning Sunnydale air, not meeting Buffy’s eye. “Please don’t be mad at me,” she said softly. “I’m angry enough at myself, I don’t need help, promise.”

Buffy stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, hands shoved deep into the pockets of designer jeans. “I’m not mad at you, Willow. I’m just worried. You’re my best friend, and Tara’s my friend too. I’m worried that she’s going to be hurt that you’ve kept this secret for three days.”

“Don’t you think I’m worried about that too?” Willow sat on the ground and pressed her face to her knees.

“You have to tell her today, Willow.”

She heard Buffy settle down next to her on the sidewalk. “I know. She’s just so happy, and it’s only until Friday. I just didn’t want to do anything to ruin this week for her.”

“And?” Buffy asked softly.

“And what?” Willow replied, lifting her now tear-stained face from her knees.

“Come on, Will,” Buffy said wryly. “Best friend here.”

Willow just stared at Buffy for a moment. She found herself wondering if Buffy could hear the rapid beat of her heart, the shallow respirations. We could train her to be a walking lie detector, Willow mused. Great if she ever decided to be a cop. She dismissed the random thought with a shake of her head.

“And I’m worried about what she’ll do when she finds out.”

“What do you mean?” Buffy’s brow was furrowed so deeply Willow wondered if the creases would ever go away.

“She’ll be on the street all the time, Buffy. I know she puts on a brave face, but it was starting to get to her. If she can’t get a break, if she can’t rest, even with me, even if it’s just for a night, or a few days, what’s going to happen? She’ll change, Buffy. Living in that type of tension, that type of fear, every single day. It’ll change her.” Willow was sobbing, gasping for breath between words.

“She can stay with me,” Buffy replied. “I’ll talk to my mom, Willow. She won’t say no.”

“Can we take that chance, Buff?” Willow replied. “I love your mom, she’s great, but what if she doesn’t feel right keeping that secret?” She swiped a hand under her streaming nose and grimaced, wiping the back of her hand on the bottom of her pants leg. “We’d have to ask Tara anyway.” She laughed hollowly. “And I can’t do that because I didn’t tell her. Why didn’t I just tell her, Buffy?”

She dissolved into tears again and Buffy reached out and rubbed a gentle hand on her back until she quieted.

“Thanks,” Willow murmured.

“You’ve got to stop beating yourself up. What’s done is done. You had your reasons, and I’m sure that Tara will understand.”

“Do you really think so?” Willow asked hopefully.

“Come on,” Buffy said, giving her a gentle elbow to the side. “She’s Tara.”

“Watch it, you,” Willow teased. “Or I’m gonna put you on a moratorium for Tara compliments too.”

Buffy blushed furiously. “Not that there’s anything wrong with loving the girls, but you know me, Will. The boys get me every time, though I’d probably be better off if they didn’t.”

Willow didn’t say anything, she just laughed.

“Come on,” Buffy groaned, rising to her feet and holding out a hand to Willow. “Let’s get going.”

“Thanks Buffy,” Willow replied.

They started walking down the street in silence, and then Buffy spoke. “You are going to tell her today, right?”

“Right,” Willow agreed. “After breakfast?” She asked plaintively.

“I suppose so,” the slayer said. “Ooh!” She cried suddenly.

Willow jumped, clutching her chest. “What? Where is it? Where’s the demon-y foe?” She spun around in a circle until she heard Buffy laughing. “Hey!” She cried, indignant.

“Sorry,” Buffy chuckled. “Can’t help it. I had an idea ‘ooh’ and you assumed it was a deadly threat ‘ooh’. You’re becoming quite the demon hunter.”

“Yes, let’s pretend that my reaction wasn’t to panic and spin around in a circle,” Willow replied. “I appreciate that. Now, about that idea ‘ooh’?”

“Why don't you and Tara spend the night tonight? We’ll have a girls-only slumber party, and it’ll give Mom a chance to meet Tara.”

“And it’ll cheer her up!” Willow grabbed Buffy’s arms and bounced up and down. “You’re brilliant.”

“I know,” Buffy said happily.

They made their way swiftly through the city, stopping to pick up a sleepy Xander on the way to Giles’s house. For breakfast it was back to the wonder of Tara pancakes, though for the first time, Willow discovered when she snuck into the kitchen, they were normal rounds.

“Aw,” Willow said, looking over Tara’s shoulder into the frying pan. “No funny shapes today?”

“Don’t I get my good morning kiss?” Tara asked, turning her head with a little smile.

“Oh! Good morning baby,” Willow said, kissing Tara tenderly. “So, no funny shapes?”

“My girl has a one-track mind…for pancakes.” Tara tapped the spatula against the frying pan thoughtfully. “I don’t know if I should be flattered or insulted.”

“I have a two-track mind,” Willow replied, leaning in for another kiss. “Definitely two-track. One track is all for Tara, the other is for Tara’s delicious cooking.” Willow paused. “Does that bring me back to having a one-track mind?”

“Oh rosy girl,” Tara sighed happily. She threw the spatula on the counter and kissed Willow soundly, barely brushing the redhead’s lips with her tongue. “Circles are a shape,” she murmured as they broke apart.

“Now who has a one-track mind?”

Both girls burst into giggles. This is the moment, Willow thought. Right now, I should tell her right now. She’ll understand. But Willow didn’t say a word. Tara was still chuckling as she laid the last pancake on the plate.

“Time to eat!” The blonde said happily, holding up the plate.

“Woo hoo!” Xander called from the living room. “Breakfast!”

“Grab the butter and syrup for me?” Tara asked, laughing.

“I—” Willow began. I have to tell you something. “Sure,” she replied. “I’ll grab some paper towels too, just in case Buffy gets all slayer strength with the syrup bottle again.”

“Thank you, love,” Tara replied, sauntering out of the kitchen as she looked back over her shoulder and winked at Willow.

The pair sat down in on opposite sides of the coffee table, Buffy and Xander were on the couch behind Tara and Giles rested in his chair by the window.

“Rounds are a shape,” Willow said with preemptive cheer, watching her friends lean forward to fill their plates.

“And they can even be funny,” Tara replied, nodding.

“Like the wheel on a unicycle,” Buffy said cheerfully.

“And delicious,” Xander said, slathering his stack of cakes with butter and syrup. He shoved a large piece in his mouth. “Yep, delifus,” he mumbled happily around his mouthful.

“Pancakes Giles?” Tara asked.

“Don’t mind if I do,” he said, leaning forward to grab the loaded plate the blonde was holding in his direction. “Smells divine.”

“Why thank you,” Tara said cheerfully.

“Pancakes and happiness, it’s a great day, huh?”

“Definitely a great day,” Tara agreed, smiling up at Buffy.

Willow watched her girlfriend, felt herself swept over with the desire to hold her close, to kiss her, to take her to the sea and watch the waves break on the sand. To wait for rain. Tara tucked in to her pancakes and Willow noticed Buffy wasn’t eating, just wiggling her fork back and forth, pinched between her thumb and forefinger. She looked up and found Buffy was staring at her frowning.

‘Did you tell her?’ Buffy mouthed.

Willow bit her lip and shook her head, felt a blush creep up her neck as the slayer rolled her eyes and gave a little groan.

“Something wrong, Buff?” Xander asked, spearing another piece of pancake on his fork. “Missing your ballerinas?”

“Hah, hah, Harris,” she said dryly. “I just—”

Willow shook her head at Buffy, wide-eyed.

“I bit my tongue,” she finished sourly.

Tara and Xander returned to eating their pancakes. Willow looked down and realized that she hadn’t had even a bite yet, so she hurried cut into her pancakes and took a big bite. Buffy caught her eye again and mouthed, ‘get on with it’ and Willow shook her head.

“No what?” Tara asked.

Willow opened her mouth to speak and choked on the piece of pancake she was chewing. There was a gentle pat on her back and she realized that Giles was trying to clear her airway.

“M’okay,” she said, taking a long drink from her glass of orange juice.

“You sure?” Tara asked. Willow nodded and the blonde’s face was transformed by a little smile. “So what’s up? You were shaking your head.”

Willow’s mouth dropped open. What would she say? How could she tell Tara the news about her parents in front of everybody?

“My fault,” Buffy said loudly. Willow snapped her mouth closed and Tara turned to face the slayer. “I’ve been trying to get Willow to ask you to come to a slumber party at my house and she’s been stalling.”

“Yeah,” Willow said, giving a nervous laugh. “Yeah, I was worried that Xander would be sad because he can’t come.”

“Whab?” Xander asked around a mouthful of pancake, sitting up. He swallowed. “Why can’t Xander go to the party?” He face creased in a pout and then cleared in an instant. “Oh yeah, all girls, one guy…Mrs. Summers isn’t going to go for that, huh?”

“I think not,” Buffy laughed.

“Giles,” Tara said, clearly trying not to laugh at Xander’s disappointment. “Do you mind? I know I was supposed to teach you my eggplant risotto r-recipe—”

Giles held up a hand. “The eggplant will keep, Tara, please do go and have fun with Buffy and Willow.”

“Thanks,” Tara murmured.

“All right that’s that,” Buffy said. “Eat up and we’ll get on the road.”

“I’ll need to stop at my house and pick up some stuff,” Willow replied.

“Then you better hurry up and eat,” Tara said, pointing at Willow with her fork. “We have a slumber party to get to. No choking though.”

“Yes ma’am.”

Willow turned back to her plate, fighting to keep her hands steady. She was about go out and hang with her girlfriend and her best friend, and she wanted to feel joy in it. But she didn’t. Willow pushed another piece of pancake into her mouth and chewed, but didn’t taste a thing, just felt the moist give of it against her teeth and tongue. Dread was, was a weight on her, and it had a name. Secret.

“It’ll just take a minute!” Willow pounded up the staircase to her bedroom, leaving Buffy and Tara standing in living room.

“You sure you don’t need a hand?” Tara called.

Part of her wanted to call Tara up the stairs, to draw her into her arms for the private smoochies and snuggles that she knew would be all too short in supply at Buffy’s house. But a larger, far more nervous part of her just wanted out of the house as quickly as possible. She didn’t want Tara to see the state of her bedroom. The night before, in a tiny fit—maybe more of a minor spasm really—of frustration, she’d taken every single piece of clothing out of her closet and laid it around the room. Willow’s intention had been to throw things around, but felt like wanton wrinkling was pushing things too far, and so every surface: her desk, her bed, the floor, shelves, and chairs, were all carefully draped with her clothes. Let hurricane Sheila deal with that when she got home.

Willow stuffed her pajamas and a change of clothes into her gray knapsack and went into the bathroom for her hairbrush and toothbrush. She’d just slipped the toothbrush into a travel case when the phone began to ring, echoing shrilly through the house.

“Just let the machine get it,” Willow called, hoping that Buffy and Tara would hear.

How ironic would it be if one of them answered the phone and it was her parents? After days of depriving herself of Tara, she didn’t think she could bear her parents thinking she’d broken the rules. Willow quickly zipped up her toiletries and headed for the staircase. She heard the high-pitched whine of the recording starting, and then fainter, the sound of her mother’s voice. When she got to the bottom of the stairs, Willow froze.

“—and so that part of the trip went very well, but now Boston is getting heavy snow, and so the airport has cancelled our flight back.” Sheila’s voice, sharp and impatient, filled the living room.

Buffy was staring up at Willow, biting her lip. Tara was standing near the table where the answering machine clicked and hummed, Willow could see tears swimming in her beautiful blue eyes.

“Tara—” Willow began, but then Sheila continued with a sigh.

“I really wish you were hear to answer the phone. We won’t be back till Saturday at the earliest and so I want you to talk to Joyce Summers, Bunny’s mother, about Thanksgiving. I don’t want you eating at that Harris boy’s house.”

“Your parents are gone?” Tara asked plaintively.

Willow walked over and took Tara’s hands, turning her away from the phone. “Let me explain, baby,” she said softly, wincing as her mother called her name loudly. There was some muttering as Sheila turned away to talk to Ira, the click of her hanging up.

“This is my cue to step outside,” Buffy said softly, shooting Willow a sympathetic glance. “I’ll be around if you need me.”

Tara was still staring down at the side table where the answer machine blinked 1…1…1 over and over, each flash sending a little flare of guilt through Willow’s frame. She heard the creak of the door closing and took a step toward Tara, only to freeze when Tara took a step back away from her. The blonde’s hip hit the table and she grimaced, reaching out a shaking hand to stop it from tipping over. A tear spilled down her cheek.

“Tara,” Willow implored. “I’m sorr—”

“Why d-didn’t you t-tell me your parents were gone?” Tara asked. She didn’t look up, her voice hoarse with tears. “D-didn’t you w-want me to stay with you?”

Willow ran over and took Tara’s hands in her own. “Please look at me.” Her girlfriend didn’t move. “Please, Tara, look at me.”

Tara lifted her head, blue eyes and lashes damp with weeping.

“Let me explain,” Willow said softly.

“You don’t h-have to,” Tara whispered. “I understand. I m-must’ve really upset you the other n-night.” Her voice broke. “At the B-Bronze.”

Willow pulled Tara into her arms. “No, no Tara. I’ve never been as happy in my life as I am with you, and being…being with you at the Bronze, that was absolutely amazing. You made me feel so good.” Tara was still so stiff in her arms. Willow sighed. “I’m such a dummy.”

“You’re not dumb,” Tara replied softly. Slowly, her arms lifted and reached around Willow’s body, squeezing gently. “D-don’t call yourself dumb.”

“But I am a dummy,” Willow insisted. As much as she wanted to stay tight in Tara’s embrace, she leaned back to look her girl in the eye. “I didn’t tell you the truth and it hurt you, and I’m sorry.”

“What t-truth?” Tara’s voice shook.

“It’s nothing bad,” Willow soothed. She bit her lip. “Well, it is bad, but not you and me bad, there is no such thing as a you and me bad, because when you add you plus me you can only get good, good things, because I love you.” The soft press of Tara’s mouth against Willow’s own stopped the stream of babble.

“Thank the goddess,” Tara murmured when they pulled apart. “I was afraid—”

“Of what?” Willow asked, brow furrowing. After a moment her eyes widened. “Afraid that I didn’t love you any more?” Tara didn’t move, but a blush crept into her cheeks. “Tara Maclay,” Willow said firmly, laying a hand on either side of Tara’s face. “I will always, always love you. Nothing can change that.”

“Promise?” Tara choked, more tears falling free.

“Promise, promise, promise,” each repetition was punctuated with a kiss. “We’re soul mates, remember?”

“Soul mates,” Tara agreed. “But soul mates…soul mates shouldn’t keep secrets.” She dropped her head again, blonde hair fluttering forward to hide her face. “Willow, I—”

“Please forgive me,” Willow interrupted, reaching out to tip Tara’s chin up. “One of my neighbors saw us going in and out while my parents were gone.” Tara’s eyes widened and Willow shook her head. “My mom assumed that it was Buffy, and I let her think it. But she told me I’m not allowed to have people over when they’re gone.”

Willow paused and looked down at the floor, she felt tears burning in her eyes and she didn’t want to give in to them, didn’t want to make Tara feel any worse than she already had.

“Will—” Tara began.

“I’m so sorry,” she replied, and felt tears trail down each cheek. The last thing she expected to hear was the sound of Tara’s laughter. “Tara?”

The blonde was grinning that sweet crooked grin. “I'm not laughing at you love, I’m just…I’m so r-relieved.” Willow let Tara pull her into a tight embrace. “It’s okay, Will. We’ll find a way around it, we always manage to see each other when your parents are in town.”

“However rare that may be?” Willow meant it as a joke, but couldn’t keep bitterness from creeping in to her voice.

“I’m sorry that your parents are gone so much,” Tara murmured, stroking Willow’s hair with utter gentleness. “You deserve so much better.”

“But you—” Willow felt ashamed. How could she complain about family life to Tara of all people? To a girl whose own father and brother had obviously hurt her so badly?

“Not about me, this is about Willow Rosenberg, the love of my life. You. Deserve. Better.” It was Tara’s turn with soft punctuating kisses, each one a little fiery spark on Willow’s cheek. “And since they won’t be here for the holiday, I want to make sure its extra special for you.”

“Yeah?” Willow asked, a little smile twitching her lips.

“I seem to remember that I owe you a date. Not a pre-date date, but an official, just you and me type date.” Tara held Willow out at arm’s length. “Will you go out on a date with me tomorrow?”

“Of course I will,” Willow said, tiny smile broadening into a delighted grin. She threw her arms around Tara and pulled her close. “Yes, I would love to go on a date with you.”

“Good, cause I’m taking you on one,” Tara replied. She slipped her hands into Willow’s hair and pulled her in for a passionate kiss.

There was a light knock on the front door, but Willow ignored it, moving against Tara and peppering her face with kisses before snagging the blonde’s lower lip between her own and giving a little lick.

“Hey guys, it’s almost sundown, which isn’t usually an issue, hey, slayer here, but I left my stakes at home so we better head—oh man, I’m totally interrupting here.”

Tara’s tongue brushed her lips and Willow slipped the tip of hers out to meet it, gentle and swift as a fish darting through a reef. Tara hummed happily, leaving Willow’s mouth tingling.

“And apparently you don’t hear me,” Buffy continued. “So maybe that doesn't count as interrupting. But hey, congrats on the kiss and make up. I didn’t know people took that literally.”

Tara laughed, leaning back out of the kiss. Willow was grinning too.

“We’re good?” Willow asked.

“Of course we’re good,” Tara replied. She took Willow’s hand and turned to Buffy. “The slumber party convoy is ready to head out, ma’am!”

“Good, good,” Buffy said, nodding sagely. “But no calling me ma’am. The rule for ma’am-ing is that you have to be over thirty…until I’m thirty and then it gets pushed to forty. And so on, and so forth.” She waved her hands towards the door. “Let’s move out.”

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:01 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Yay for Willow telling Tara about Mrs. Poop-Head's no-overnight-friends-policy... Big yay for Giles giving Tara a tour of the SunnyHell High... Huge yay for the slumberparty... Can't wait for the Willow's and Tara's date...

8. Vixen

BRB, thought I had dibs... but it would appear Zampsa1975 and I posted at the same time, lol.

Quote:
Xander’s mouth dropped open. “No food for hungry Xander?”

“Willow,” Buffy scolded, giving the redhead a gentle elbow in the ribs. “Not nice to tease hungry Xander.”

“You were really kidding?”

Willow laughed at the expression of relief that bloomed on his face. “Yes, Xander, I was kidding. I think I would be violating some kind of human rights law to deprive a growing teenage boy of food.”

Yes, I think that's a violation of bylaw hungry2153tb (tb for teenage boy), lol.

Quote:
Willow felt a blush crawl up her own neck and nodded her head until she could find the breath to speak. “Only appropriate. Tasty and delicious pancakes to celebrate-”

“To celebrate tasty and delicious Willow,” Tara said in a soft voice, grinning that delicious crooked grin.

sweetly naughty, naughty is....well it's naught but that's the good part of it. ;)

Quote:
She never took her eyes off of her happy girl. They could tease all they liked—everyone knew that bibliophiles were hot.

Yes, indeed! Brains are soooo sexy.

Looking forward to more, good job.

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Aww, they're so cute! I'm glad Willow finally told her and that Tara wasn't mad (of course she wouldn't be!) Silly Willow! I can't wait for the slumber party!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:24 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

4th Dibs and I'm claiming it proudly!!!

(Thanks for the heads-up, I had to go out, going to my Prom tonight! :p)

I love Willow kissing the phone :)

Tara's got some impressive shaping skills!! A music note? Awesome!!

Quote:
everyone knew that bibliophiles were hot

Hell yes

So glad Tara took the news well. My little heart couldn't have handled a fight!

Slumber party and date!!! Very excited!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:43 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Aww, a little angsty, but the good kind, and a breath of fresh air after the last installment of TWOTH.

Quote:
Tara was standing near the table where the answering machine clicked and hummed, Willow could see tears swimming in her beautiful blue eyes.

That and when Tara backed away from Willow really got to me, but I knew that once Willow explained, Tara would be her usual sweet, forgiving self.

Also, every time Tara calls Willow rosy girl, I get this big smile on my face, :) like that.

Can't wait for their date.

Laura.

In the end, it doesn't matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
-Anon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:29 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great Update. I definitely needed that.

Quote:
The night before, in a tiny fit—maybe more of a minor spasm really—of frustration, she’d taken every single piece of clothing out of her closet and laid it around the room. Willow’s intention had been to throw things around, but felt like wanton wrinkling was pushing things too far, and so every surface: her desk, her bed, the floor, shelves, and chairs, were all carefully draped with her clothes.

:rofl Even when she's rebellious, Willow's still Willow "I'm eating this banana. Lunchtime be damned."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:08 pm 
3. Flaming O

You are doing a fantastic job of keeping the characters within the established bounds of the show. They react and speak as expected for each of them... I like this version of Tara (you have more creative room with her because it is way before she was brought in on the show). I am almost falling off the edge of my chair in excitement for the next part of the story... you did say we could get more :wtkiss :blush right?? *bouncing on the balls of my feet* :bounce please, please, please :-D

:kitty

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:47 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
LonelyTara,

"The sweet press of lip to silken lip" is poetry, simply beautiful.

I love the familiarity of the characters combined with a fresh take on their history.

This is engaging, funny, touching, and deeply romantic.

Thank you!

Ariel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:29 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
How hard for Tara to hear that message. Willow sort of brought it on herself. But sometimes it's like that. You don't know how to tell the truth and then you reach a point where there's 2 things: the true thing and the fact that it's taken you so long to say the true thing. So in this case she took too long to tell the true thing. But Tara took it all so well once she realized Willow loved her. I'm glad to hear that. I guess I don't really understand why Giles won't let Tara stay longer unless he's afraid of getting into trouble. Not to commit them but it seems like if she rotated between the Summers house, Ms. Calendar's, and Giles's that would work well.

So I went back and reread the first 4-5 updates just because it's so darn cute.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:22 pm 

Hey Kittens, I'm back! This turned out to be a monster chapter--over 11,000 words--so I'm splitting it in two. I will try to post the second half early, hopefully by Wednesday, as soon as I do my last round of revision.

So, first for responses:

Zampsa1975--LOL, I really like your nickname for Willow's mom! Here's the slumber party, and a (hopefully) tantalizing glimpse at the date.

vampyregurl73--Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you're enjoying!

Mags--The wait is over, here's the slumber party.

Laragh--I'm glad you enjoy Tara's pancake skills. My wife actually makes funny shape pancakes and did it way before I ever knew Tara did on Buffy. She can make just about anything! :D I hope you enjoy the party.

Laura--I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter, sorry about the dash of angst, I try to keep it to a minimum since TWOTH is so angsty! There's more 'rosy girl' up ahead!

BuffyFan4ever--I'm glad you liked the "rebellion" of the clothes--I laughed out loud there because I could see it so clearly in my head!

sapphoselene--the :wtkiss begins now, with a bit of :blush goodness. Part 2 goes NC-17, so I hope you'll enjoy.

Ariel--Thank you so much for the high praise. I hope you'll continue to enjoy!

JustSkipIt--Hey, I promise the solution to the Tara situation is coming soon. I'm super flattered that you're re-reading. Thanks so much!

Update follows below:

• Title - Wave
• Author name – LonelyTara
• Email Address - 9kodama@gmail.com
• Rating - PG-13
• Disclaimer - This is a romantic and light-angst AU piece with plenty of adventure. Don't sue me, I'm not stealing anything, just borrowing!
• Feedback-Please, please!
• Summary- Wave is a season 2 AU. On Halloween, Willow meets a strange and beautiful blond girl, and becomes determined to find her. When they connect, Willow's life will be changed forever...
• Notes-Thanks to everyone who will read. Some of the dialogue in this chapter may come from BtVS episodes.

Chapter Fourteen: Never Before (Part One)

“Mom, I’m home!” Buffy called, waving Willow and Tara into the living room. “We’ve got company so you may want to ditch the housecoat and fuzzy slippers.”

Tara raised her eyebrows and glanced at Willow, who just shook her head, giggling. She took Tara by the hand and led her over to the sofa, sitting down close to the blonde.

“Very funny, Buffy.” Mrs. Summers laughed, walking down the stairs, looking elegant as ever in tan slacks and heels, and a lavender blouse. “Hello Willow, and—” she broke off, a surprised smile gracing her face. “Not Xander. It’s Tara, isn’t it?”

“Yes ma’am,” Tara replied, ducking her head.

“Mrs. Summers is just fine,” She said kindly.

Willow flashed her a big grin and gave Tara’s leg a little pat. “Buffy’s mom is the coolest, Tare.”

“Why thank you, Willow,” Mrs. Summers replied. “Although you girls might change your minds when you hear my news.”

“What’s up, mom?” Buffy asked, brow furrowing as she sat down on the couch next to Willow. “Can’t Willow and Tara stay?”

“Of course they can, of course you can girls,” Mrs. Summers said, turning to Willow and Tara. “But I had a client come into the gallery late today, so I didn’t have time to buy any groceries. We have tomato sauce and some cheese so I was going to make baked ziti, but,” Mrs. Summers said ruefully, throwing up her hands. “We don’t have any pasta.”

“Ooh,” Buffy said eagerly. “Does that mean we get to order from Ming’s for takeout?”

“That was my thought too,” Mrs. Summers replied, “But they’re closed for a family only-event. So, I can either go to the grocery store, or we can order pizza from Berelli’s.”

“But Mom,” Buffy said plaintively, sinking back into the sofa, “It takes you forever to grocery shop and Berelli’s is gross.”

“I’m sorry, honey. I promise I’ll grocery shop tomorrow.”

Willow felt Tara stir next to her and looked over at the blonde. Her girlfriend was biting her lip thoughtfully, looking back and forth between Buffy and Mrs. Summers.

“Don’t worry,” Willow whispered, “Buffy isn’t really upset. She’s just teasing.”

“I have an idea,” Tara murmured. “But I don’t want to be forward.”

“Silly Tara,” Willow said happily, nudging the girl with her elbow. “Go ahead, tell us your idea.”

“You have an idea?” Buffy asked hopefully. “Please, I’m starving.”

All eyes in the room were on Tara and a blush crept across her cheeks. She opened her mouth to speak and nothing came out for a moment, but then she murmured under her breath, saying quietly that they could make their own pizza.

“Huh?” Buffy asked.

“We c-could make our own p-pizza.” Tara said, just loud enough to be heard. “I know a recipe.”

“That would be fun,” Buffy said, bouncing in her seat. “Can we do that, Mom?” She clutched her hands together under her chin, batting her eyes.

“Well, we do have the cheese and the sauce,” Mrs. Summers said thoughtfully, but then she frowned. “But I don’t have any yeast in the house for the dough.”

“Th-That’s okay,” Tara replied softly. “If you have flour, baking powder, salt, m-milk, and oil, we’re in business.”

“Well girls,” Mrs. Summers said, bowing toward the kitchen. “Why don’t we go and take a look.”

Buffy hopped up off the couch and ran into the kitchen, chanting, “Piz-zah, piz-zah, piz-zah.” Mrs. Summers followed after her, shaking her head and chuckling.

“Come on,” Willow said, standing and offering Tara her hand. “We better get in there and get to cooking before Buffy goes on a slayer-hunger rampage.”

“We wouldn’t want that,” Tara laughed. She took Willow’s hand and climbed to her feet. “Come on rosy girl, I’m going to teach you how to make pizza.”

“Did I ever mention that I once actually burned water?” Willow asked. “It’s supposed to be chemically impossible, but I managed it.”

“Well, you are a genius,” Tara teased.

“I think in cooking I might be the anti-genius. Is that a real thing?”

Tara gave Willow’s hand a squeeze and then released it, sliding it around Willow’s waist to rub her lower back. The red head’s eyes drifted shut as she relished in the soft, almost tickly caresses.

“It just takes time and practice,” Tara assured her. “By tonight you’ll be an accomplished pizza maker, trust me.”

“There’s no one I trust more,” Willow replied softly. She opened her eyes and swallowed thickly. Tara was smiling at her so beautifully, her lips so full and inviting. She leaned in close, to steal a kiss. Tara’s smile deepened and she leaned closer too.

“Girls, I think we found all the ingredients,” Mrs. Summers called.

Willow and Tara jumped, taking a step back. Tara blushed and Willow could feel the same heat warming her own cheeks.

“Rain check?” Willow asked.

“Definitely,” Tara breathed.

“Please,” Buffy said from the kitchen in a groan. “Buffy hungry. So hungry.”

Willow led a laughing Tara into the Summers kitchen.

Thirty minutes later Tara and Mrs. Summers pulled two large, golden-crusted cheese pizzas out of the oven. They needed to cool a few minutes before serving, and so Buffy, Willow and Tara went to work setting the table while Mrs. Summers poured drinks.

“So,” Buffy said, folding napkins into triangles. “Which pizza is which?”

“Couldn’t tell them apart, could you?” Tara said brightly. “I told you two that you could make a delicious pizza.” She laid a fork and knife on the napkin Buffy had just folded.

“Well,” Willow said, placing a plate next to their work, “We made a pizza that looks delicious.”

“Exactly my point,” Buffy said, grinning at Willow.

“I don’t get it,” Tara said.

“There are two pizzas in that kitchen,” Buffy replied. “They both look delicious, but the fact is that one of them was cooked by you and my mom, who are great cooks, and one of them was cooked by me and the Willster.”

“So?” Tara asked, placing more silverware.

“So,” Willow laughed, “That means one of those pizzas is safe to eat—”

“And one of them is likely to self destruct in the unsuspecting belly of the poor fool that eats it,” Buffy finished.

Tara shook her head, laughing. “Both of those pizzas are perfect. And just to prove it, I’m going to eat one piece from each.”

“That’s very sweet of you, Tara,” Joyce said, coming into the room holding a pizza pan in each oven-mitt clad hand. She sat the pans down on the table. “Pretty brave too.”

“Oh, hah, hah, Mom,” Buffy said, pouting at her mother.

“What? I was just agreeing with you and Willow. See how it is?” She asked Tara. “I just can’t win.” Mrs. Summers laughed and shook her head. “I’m going to go get the drinks.”

“Is it cool enough to cut?” Buffy asked Tara. “I’m so hungry!”

“I guess we better take our chances then,” Tara replied. “Pizza cutter?”

“Prepped and ready, chef Tara.” Willow said with a grin, heading the pizza cutter over to her girlfriend.

Tara reached out to take it, letting her fingers brush softly over the back of Willow’s hand. When Willow shivered and blushed Tara’s smiled widened. She trailed her finger across the back of her hand again, longer and lighter. Willow imagined that gentle caress on her cheek, her neck, moving under her shirt. She couldn’t help licking her lips. Tara’s mouth opened just a bit, as her breathing deepened. Willow took a step closer to her.

“I’m sorry to interrupt,” Buffy said wryly. “But please, somebody cut the pizza!”

Tara’s eyes widened, but Willow just laughed and let go of the pizza cutter. “Sorry, Buffy, some things are more important than food.”

“Says someone who is not nearly as hungry as me,” Buffy replied, holding out a plate.

“Buffy,” Mrs. Summers scolded, setting four sweat-beaded glasses of tea on the table. “Are you going to eat before your guests?”

“I’m so—” Buffy began, but then slumped under her mother’s firm gaze. “No,” she moped.

“I don’t really count as company,” Willow said, trying to ease Mrs. Summers’ indignation.

“And I d-don’t mind,” Tara agreed, shooting Willow a shy little smile.

Mrs. Summers looked around the table at them, and for a moment Willow felt a little nervous, worried that perhaps they’d pushed things too far and wouldn’t get to spend the night after all. But then Buffy’s mom shook her head and gave a little chuckle.

“You’re lucky to have such patient friends, Buffy,” she said. “Why don’t you girls all take a seat, I’ll serve up the food.”

Willow, Tara and Buffy sat down at the table, the slayer making sure to catch her mother’s eye as she moved glasses around so that everyone had something to drink. Tara lifted her hand to her mouth, and Willow noticed just the slightest shaking of the girl’s shoulders. Willow felt a giggle tickling her throat and took a huge swallow of iced tea to hold it in.

“Great tea, Mrs. Summers,” she choked.

“Thank you,” Mrs. Summers replied. She handed a plate with two slices of pizza to each girl.

“Uh, what pizza did these come from?” Buffy asked, poking at the food on her plate cautiously.

“I took Tara’s suggestion,” Buffy’s mom replied. “We each have a slice from both pies.”

Willow looked at Buffy and saw that her friend looked as horrified as she felt. Tara and Mrs. Summers were happily nibbling away at slices of pizza, but she and Buffy just sat, staring at each other. Willow knew they were both thinking the same thing—which slice was the safe slice?

“Girls,” Mrs. Summers laughed, waving her half-eaten slice. “Your food’s going to get cold.”

Buffy looked down at her plate again and held up her hands, moving them back and forth over each slice. Willow had to press her fist against her mouth to hold back the giggles threatening to erupt. The slayer looked like she was trying to decide which wire to cut on a bomb, not which slice of pizza she should eat.

“Willow.”

Tara’s soft, melodic voice snapped Willow out of her amused imaging of Buffy as a member of the bomb squad. She looked over and found her whole world wrapped up in a crooked grin and cornflower eyes.

“It’s really good. Try it, for me?”

How could Willow do anything but agree? She nodded her head, picked, up a slice of pizza, and took a huge bite. There was a little squeak and she looked over to see Buffy staring at her wide-eyed. Willow choked as she tried to laugh and swallow at the same time.

“See,” Buffy cried, pointing at Willow. “I told you, killer pizza!”

“Buffy,” Willow replied, taking a sip of tea. “I was laughing at you. The pizza’s fine.”

“Really?” Buffy asked. An odd look crossed the little blonde’s face and for a moment Willow was worried that she was mad, but then a smile spread across her face. “Thank god, I’m so hungry!” Without further adieu, Buffy picked up a slice of pizza and took a huge bite.

They made quick work of the pizza on their plates; Willow even went back for seconds to Tara’s great pleasure. My girl, Willow thought happily. She’s so amazing, she even taught me to cook. Me! I should reward her properly for her efforts…and I just thought that in front of Buffy’s mom…eep. After Buffy went for her sixth and final piece, Mrs. Summers stood and told them she would be in the kitchen cleaning up if they needed her.

“We’ll take care of the dishes, Mrs. Summers,” Tara said, standing and beginning to stack plates.

“Oh you don’t have to do that,” Buffy’s mom protested. “You’re company.”

“Please?” Tara asked. “You worked all d-day, and it’s so nice of you to let us stay, I’d like to do it.”

“We’ll help,” Willow said, picking up two glasses.

“If you’re sure,” Mrs. Summers said hesitantly.

“Go ahead, Mom,” Buffy replied. “We’ve got it.”

“Thank you girls,” Mrs. Summers said. “You’re very sweet.” She walked out of the dining room and then the sofa creaked, and there was the distant sound of the television turning on.

“Well,” Buffy said, grinning at Tara, “I think it’s a safe bet that you’re now an official member of my Mom’s ‘good influences who should hang around Buffy more’ club.” The slayer paused thoughtfully, a wry little smile crossing her features. “That’s really funny when you think about it.”

“Why is that?” Willow asked. Buffy began to giggle, and when she looked over at Tara, Willow found her girlfriend was chuckling too. “What am I missing?” She asked. “I feel like I didn’t get the punch line of a joke.”

“Well,” Tara said, looking at Willow with a mischievous grin that set the redhead’s heart pounding. “It’s just that I’m part of the good influence club.”

“Of course you are,” Willow said firmly. “You’re a great person.”

“Th-Thank you,” Tara said, blushing even as she smiled. “It’s just that I’m also a teenaged, runaway, lesbian, witch.”

Willow’s mouth dropped open and then snapped shut. “But there’s, there’s nothing wrong with that.”

“No,” Buffy agreed, gasping for breath. “All in a very good way, of course.”

Tara clapped her hands over her mouth, shaking with mirth.

“I guess it is pretty funny,” Willow replied.

“Hilarious,” Buffy quipped, picking up two glasses and heading out toward the kitchen.

The three girls made quick work of the dishes, forming a mini production line to wash, rinse, and dry. When they were done, Buffy announced to her mother that they were going upstairs to settle in for the night. Mrs. Summers gave them a vague wave, lifting her eyes from the television for just a moment and giving them a little smile. As they climbed the stairs she called after them to have fun, but behave.

All right,” Buffy told Willow and Tara, walking into her room and waving them in. “Time for the slumber party to commence.”

“Slumber party,” Willow chanted happily in a singsong voice, bouncing on the balls of her feet. “Slumber party.” She looked around and saw Buffy and Tara were just staring at her. Willow went flat-footed and smiled sheepishly. “Slumber party?” She asked hopefully.

“You’re adorable,” Tara replied. She took Willow’s hand between her own, gave a gentle squeeze that set Willow’s heart racing.

“On that lovey-dovey note brought to us courtesy of spazzy Willow,” Buffy said, rummaging in her dresser and pulling out a pair of pink pajamas, “I am going to go to the bathroom and change. You gals have five minutes. Enjoy.”

The slayer walked out of the room with a little smirk. There was a part of Willow that wanted to call her back, to chastise her for her teasing, but that was quickly overridden by the idea of having five minutes alone with Tara. Willow looked over and saw that Tara was already walking toward her. She threw open her arms and pulled the blonde close, reveling in the honey-suckle sweet scent of her. Tara shifted, and Willow sighed happily as she felt her girlfriend’s cheek brush her cheek, skin soft and warm. Before Willow could turn her head to capture Tara’s lips in a kiss, she felt a feather-soft brush of lips against her cheek, the line of her jaw, and then her neck.

Willow gave a little gasp and Tara kissed her neck again, pulling Willow closer. She gasped when Tara gave her neck the lightest nibble, and then followed after with a gentle brush from her tongue. Willow brushed her hands up and down from Tara’s shoulders to the small of her back, ending just above the curve of her bottom. And then Tara’s lips were on her lips, warm and insistent. Willow wrapped her arms back around Tara, gave a little shiver of pleasure at the sensation of their bodies pressed so close together.

“Ahem,” Buffy said.

Willow groaned as Tara pulled out of their kiss, leaning her forehead against Willow’s. She looked over at the little blonde, who was in the doorway, smiling and leaning against the jamb with her arms crossed.

“I was giving you guys a few minutes to get changed, and you’re still in your regular clothes.”

“Ch-Changed?” Tara murmured, burying her face in Willow’s hair.

“We, uh, thought you were giving us a few minutes alone,” Willow said with little grin. “We didn’t think about pajamas.”

“Obviously,” Buffy chuckled. “Well, let’s try this again. I’m going to make us microwave popcorn and get an extra blanket or two. I’ll see you in a few minutes.”

The slayer walked out of the room, shaking her head and chuckling. Willow ran her hand down Tara’s hair, hoping the girl wasn’t too embarrassed being caught by Buffy. She opened her mouth to offer some words of comfort, but then froze when she felt her girlfriend’s warm breath against her ear.

“Tara?” Willow asked.

“How quickly can you get changed? The shorter the time we take getting d-dressed the longer we have to kiss.”

“Race you,” Willow murmured happily.

By the time Buffy made it back to the room, they were sitting on the floor in their nightclothes, kissing chastely.

“Hi, Buffy,” Willow murmured happily, lying her head on Tara’s shoulder.

“Wow, you guys actually noticed me come into the room that time, I’m impressed,” The little slayer said with a giggle. “And cute PJ’s, Will.”

“They are cute,” Tara agreed.

“Not as cute as boxers and a tank top,” Willow replied, smoothing down the collar of her lavender pajamas with their happy little sunflower print.

“Willow,” Tara said, blushing.

“You’re both cute,” Buffy said, tossing a blanket at them. She climbed onto her bed and sat with a large plastic bowl of popcorn nestled in her crossed legs. “Feel free to stay down there and be cute while I eat all this delicious popcorn.”

“Sounds like a good deal,” Willow giggled.

“Yeah,” Tara agreed. “I’m still full of pizza anyway.”

“Your loss,” Buffy mumbled around a mouthful of popcorn.

“I’ll take the risk,” Willow replied, snuggling into Tara’s shoulder as they leaned back against Buffy’s bed.

In the end, when the floor grew hard and uncomfortable, even with their hugs and kisses keeping them warm, Buffy sacrificed her comforter for them to cuddle on. After hours of talking about everything from movies and music to the finer points of vampire slaying, Buffy dozed off. Tara chuckled at the slayer’s soft snores, even as she broke into a yawn herself. Willow stayed awake as long as she could, watching Tara sleep. When she finally gave in to slumber, she was still cradling Tara’s hand in her own.

“But, can’t you stay for just one movie?” Willow pleaded, batting her eyes at Tara with her hands clasped under her chin. “Please? Pretty please with gay kisses on top?”

The girls were alone in Buffy’s room, folding the comforter they’d slept on the night before. Tara had just taken the half-folded bundle into her arms, completing the last two folds and setting the finished product on the foot of Buffy’s bed, making sure to smooth it neatly into place.

“Willow,” Tara laughed. “You talked me into making pancakes for breakfast to surprise Buffy and her mom, and then we watched your favorite cartoons.” Tara took a step closer, wrapping her arms around Willow’s waist. “I’ve gotta go—no more stalling.”

“I don’t want you to go,” Willow replied, snuggling into Tara’s arms and rubbing the taller girl’s lower back. “I want you to cuddle on the couch with me and watch a movie.”

“Well,” Tara said thoughtfully, “If you would rather I stay here than get things ready for our first official date, I guess I can stay. We could always have our date some other time.”

Willow felt a little thrill. Our date! “So, you’re leaving because there are date preparations that need to be made?” She asked softly, nuzzling against Tara’s cheek, feeling a shy and more than a little silly.

“Why else would I ever go?” Tara asked.

“I don’t know,” Willow admitted.

“You’re adorable,” Tara breathed.

Willow felt a gentle press of fingertips on her chin, and then she was tilting her head back into the warm caress of Tara’s lips. Tara gently pulled Willow’s lower lip between her teeth and Willow tightened their embrace.

“I really should,” Tara said between kisses, “Head out to get things ready.”

“More kissing,” Willow replied.

“How can I say no?” Tara mumbled against Willow’s mouth.

“Can’t,” she giggled.

Willow dimly realized that the door to Buffy’s bedroom was opening, but her focus was firmly on Tara kisses. It wasn’t until they heard the slayer laughing that they finally came up for air.

“You two,” Buffy teased. “I thought you came up here to fold blankets or something. I should’ve known that was code for smoochies.”

“Oh, there was blanket folding,” Willow replied seriously, pointing to the bed. Tara gave her a playful tickle and Willow smiled, sticking her tongue between her teeth. “The smoochies were a reward for getting the folding done.”

“Sure,” Buffy said. She grinned and gave them a wink. “Thanks for getting that folded for me. So,” she said, clapping her hands together. “My mom is off to work—by the way, she said thanks again for the pancakes, Tara—and we are free to do as we will. Are we still watching a movie? Do you want to go shopping or something instead?”

“We’re watching a movie,” Willow replied, “But Tara’s got to go.”

Buffy bristled, putting her hands on her hips. “Did Giles the task master strike again? Is he bothering you about that eggplant incognito stuff?”

“Risotto, Buff,” Willow laughed. Tara giggled and Willow pressed a kiss to her golden hair.

“G-Giles isn’t a task master,” Tara said, still chuckling. “I have a very important mission.”

“Are you going to the library?” Buffy asked suspiciously.

“No!” Willow cried. Then her face fell and she turned to Tara. Was it possible? “You aren’t, are you?” She asked.

“No,” Tara laughed. “None of our first official date preparations involve me and the library.” She leaned forward and gave Willow a little peck on the cheek. “I really have to get going. There’s a lot to do.”

“First date?” Buffy asked. “You guys have gone out dozens of times. I’ve been there for most of them.”

Willow raised her eyebrows at Buffy, and then heard Tara choke back a laugh. A slow blush crept up the slayer’s neck, into her cheeks.

“And,” Buffy continued slowly. “I can see where you might not consider that a date-date. As Xander would say, Buffy dummy.”

“You’re not a d-dummy, Buffy.” Tara said kindly. “But I’ll tell you what, there’s something you can do to help.”

“Really?” Buffy asked. It took everything in Willow not to laugh as the slayer clapped her hands gleefully.

“Really,” Tara said solemnly, but she winked at Willow when Buffy wasn’t looking. “Will you help with the date efforts?”

“But it’s our date,” Willow blurted. “You and me, a date for two, which means there can’t be a third person—not that I don’t like hanging out with you Buff, you’re my best friend—but this is our first officially date, not a pre-date date or the group going out, and so it really should just be you and—”

And then Willow was pulled into a firm embrace, and the whole of reality was shaped by the arms gently gripping around her ribs, the hands caressing her shoulder blades, the soft warmth of Tara’s lips still slightly sweetened with the homemade strawberry syrup she’d made for everyone to enjoy that morning. The whole of reality in that moment was happiness, was a paradise.

“Yummy,” Willow sighed happily when Tara leaned back after a moment, arms still wrapped around her. “Strawberry kisses.”

“Sorry,” Tara told Buffy. “That’s the only way I’ve found to stop her consistently.”

“Completely understandable,” Buffy replied. Willow stuck her tongue out at the little blonde and Buffy responded in kind. “So,” she asked Tara. “What can I do?”

Tara smiled and pointed at Willow. “Keep her busy.”

“Huh?” Buffy asked.

She sounded just as puzzled as Willow felt. “Yeah, huh?” Willow repeated.

“You,” Tara said, laughing and pointing at Buffy. “Keep her,” she continued, pointing to Willow, “B-Busy. I want her to be surprised, but you and I b-both know how curious she is. If you’ll keep her here and keep her busy, I’ll be back in three hours to pick her up for an early dinner.”

“Done,” Buffy replied.

“Thank you,” Tara said. She kissed Willow on the cheek. “I’ll see you soon, love. Have fun.”

“It won’t be soon,” Willow murmured. “It’ll be three whole hours.”

“I promise it will be worth it,” Tara whispered in her ear, lips barely brushing Willow’s earlobe. “I’ll see you both in a bit,” she said in full voice, and darted from the room.

Before Willow had time to react, she heard Tara pound down the staircase, and the sound of the front door opening and closing. It’ll be worth it, Willow thought, the memory of the sultry tone of Tara’s voice giving her a little shiver.

“Nice blush you got there, Will,” Buffy laughed.

“Hah, hah,” she replied. “Come on, you’re under orders to entertain me. Get to the fun. Movie time?”

“Are you sure?” Buffy asked, looking at Willow critically. “You have your first date with your girlfriend in three hours and you’re still in your pajamas. Don’t you need to get ready?”

Willow froze, horrorstruck. “Oh my god,” she groaned. “I only have four hours to get ready.”

“Did you bring your secret Saturday purchase to wear?” The slayer asked.

Willow nodded. I’m being silly, she thought to herself. Three hours is plenty of time. I have three whole hours to get washed up and dressed for a date with my soul mate, the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen and I don't know anything about make up and my hair never does what I want it to—

“I can tell you’re babbling in your head, and since I don’t think it would be advisable or appropriate to use Tara’s method to stop those wheels turning, I’m going to keep talking until you hear me.” Buffy said calmly. “Don’t panic, I will help you get ready.”

“Three hours isn’t enough time!” Willow groaned to herself.

“Will,” Buffy repeated, “I’ll help.”

The words finally sunk in. Willow looked into Buffy’s hazel eyes, sparkling with amusement. “Thank you,” she squeaked.

Two and a half hours later, Willow was sitting on the bed in Buffy’s room, bundled up in one of her best friend’s fluffy robes. Her hair fell in gentle curls around her face, and only she and Buffy knew that the gentle, free-flowing look had taken an hour of hard work with a curling iron and some mysterious hair product of Buffy’s that left Willow’s tresses shaped, but soft. Buffy had just put the finishing touches on Willow’s makeup; another hour’s work that had left very subtle results.

“I don’t even look like I have any makeup on,” Willow said, looking at her face from one side, and then the other, in the mirror over Buffy’s dresser.

“That’s the idea,” Buffy replied sagely, packing away her pile of makeup.

“Then why not skip it?”

“Oh no,” the slayer replied, looking horrorstruck. “Because then you’d look like you needed it. The whole idea is to look like yourself on your best day—no blemishes on your skin, a little blush in the cheeks, no bags under the eyes. Consider it a Willow awesomeness emphasizer.”

“Can I think of it as a thing which emphasizes my awesomeness?” Willow teased.

“No correcting my grammar when I’m helping you,” Buffy laughed, swatting at her gently. “Now you’ve got about thirty minutes before Tara gets here. That gives you eight to ten minutes to get dressed, and then a solid twenty to twenty-two for stress and general fretting.”

“You know me so well,” Willow drawled as Buffy giggled. “Out with you then,” she said, standing and waving her hands at the slayer. “Shoo. I have to get dressed.”

“I could tease you about this being my room,” Buffy replied. “And say you have to let me stay and critique, but somehow I don’t think Tara would appreciate it, so I’ll see you downstairs.”

“Thanks Buffy,” Willow said. When the slayer reached the door she paused and Willow said, “Really Buffy. Thanks.”

“You’re going to knock her socks off, Will.” Before Buffy could close the door the doorbell rang.

Willow’s eyes widened. “She’s early! Tara’s early!” She squealed.

“Easy,” Buffy said, holding up a hand. “I’ll stall. You get ready. All it means is less time to fret, and that would’ve just gotten you sweaty anyway.”

“Right,” Willow replied. “And sweaty is bad. I can do this, I can do this.”

“Will,” Buffy said, “Just remember. She loves you. Tara would be happy if you came downstairs in a burlap sack with hay in your hair.” With that little kernel of wisdom, Buffy closed the door just as the doorbell ran again.

Willow stood, throwing off the robe, and ran to the closet shivering in her bra, panties, and pantyhose. A few seconds hunting through Buffy’s clothes revealed the bag that held her dress. Willow pulled the dress out of the closet and unzipped the bag, revealing the dress she’d bought for Tara. It’s perfect, Willow thought happily. She’s going to love it. She knew Tara loved her in green, and so when a flash of grass green caught her eye while they were out shopping with Buffy on beach day, she stopped to take a look. Willow knew as soon as she saw the dress she had to have it.

“Enough reminiscing,” she murmured to herself. “Time to get ready for my girl.”

She lifted the dress out of the bag. Buffy wasn’t there to help her with the zipper, and so she just unbuttoned the tiny pearlescent shank button on the back of the neck, and then slipped it over her head. As soon as she smoothed it into place, Willow reached behind her neck and fastened the button again.

“Let’s take a look see,” Willow murmured, walking over to the mirror. She stared at her reflection for a moment and then a slow, broad smile spread across her face. “Not bad.”

The dress was a sleeveless a-line in silk chiffon, with airy, gently ruffled layers in the skirt. It clung to her chest and legs like a second skin, highlighting her slim curves, while the skirt billowed delicately a few inches above her knees. She slipped on the cream-colored heels and matching thin, cream-colored sweater she’d purchased to go with the dress and headed out to see her Tara.

“Sorry to keep you waiting,” Willow called, turning down the hallway toward the staircase.

“It’s okay,” Tara replied. “I w-was early.”

“Just couldn’t wait to see me, huh?” Willow teased, walking down the staircase. She turned toward the living room with a big smile, eager to see her girlfriend’s reaction. “Here I am…and you still can’t see me,” Willow said, breaking off with a giggle. The slayer was sitting on the couch next to Tara with her hands over Tara’s eyes.

“Can I look now?” Tara asked.

“In a sec,” Buffy said. “Anticipation is half the fun. You look fabulous, Will.”

“Thanks,” Willow replied absentmindedly.

Willow heard Buffy giggle, but didn’t pay her any mind. She only had eyes for Tara. She was wearing her pale blue sundress and a light sweater in a midnight blue. She’d traded her sandals for a pair of heels that matched the sweater. The shoes are new, and the sweater…are those what she bought on Saturday? They’re pretty, but why did she blush—Willow shook her head. This was no time for her mind to wander.

“You look so beautiful, baby,” Willow said softly. “Just beautiful.”

“I bet you look beautiful too,” Tara replied. “And I’d love to see you. Can I please look now?” She asked plaintively.

“Oh, sorry,” Buffy said, lifting her hand away.

Willow stood perfectly still as Tara opened her eyes. The blonde didn’t say a word—she just stared up at Willow. The moment went on for so long that Willow began to fidget, toying with the edge of her dress. She opened her mouth to speak and Tara rose to her feet, crossing the room and taking Willow’s hands into her own. But she still didn’t speak. Tara just stared into Willow’s eyes.

“Are you okay, baby?” Willow asked. “Don’t you like it?”

Tara shook her head and Willow’s heart dropped. “I don’t like it,” Tara whispered. “I love it.”

“Really?” Willow asked, bouncing as she felt her heart lift again.

Tara put her hands on either side of Willow’s face. “You are exquisite. I mean, I always knew you were b-beautiful, but I had no idea, no idea, that you could actually be more wonderful somehow.”

“Okay,” Buffy said from the couch, chuckling. “You two are adorable, but you’re going to give me cavities will all that sweetness. Go on, enjoy your date.”

Tara nodded and took Willow’s hand, leading them toward the door. When they stepped out onto the porch Willow leaned back in and thanked Buffy again. The little slayer just waved her off, telling her to have a good time.

“All right,” Tara said, closing the door. “Time for the date to commence. First things first.” She drew Willow into her arms and gave her a firm kiss.

“I love this date already,” Willow replied when they parted.

“Let’s hope it just keeps getting better,” Tara replied.

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:45 pm 

Aww, that was adorable! I loved every bit of it! The pizza and their using their five minutes to kiss instead of being productive! I can't wait for their date! I have a feeling that it'll only get better :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:48 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

This is one of my favourite story's on the KB!
Saying that, I don't think I've actually left FB for it, and I'm too lazy to look :').
I love how Tara and Willow meet - the initial meeting gave me goosebumps!
And how it's progressed...wonderful!
I think my reaction was similair to Willow's when we found out Tara roamed the streets at night. I had visions of her ending up as someone's dinner!
Then I remembered this is Kitten, and our girls are well looked after :).
I'm loving the general lightness of this fic. Some angst, particularly over Tara's situation, but nothing heart attack inducing.
(hinthint - I swear my heart has stopped several times while reading your other fic! ;-) )
But yes, excellent, amazing fic. I always get extra excited when I see you've updated :D
I don't know how you come up with the storylines, but keep 'em coming :D.
Overall, definately 10000/10, 120% WOW-factor :party :party :party :applause :applause :applause
:banana :pinky :banana :pinky :banana :pinky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:53 pm 
8. Vixen

This story... I agree with Buffy if it were any sweeter I'd have cavities!

I just want to know what exactly made Tara blush to buy, then I feel all pervy because you have them still in high school - and I am no chicken hawk - and I'm sorry that's kinda gross and illegal - and I think I may know... so think of the guilt you are inflicting until I know one way or the other... ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:59 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Quote:
I just want to know what exactly made Tara blush to buy, then I feel all pervy because you have them still in high school - and I am no chicken hawk - and I'm sorry that's kinda gross and illegal - and I think I may know... so think of the guilt you are inflicting until I know one way or the other...

I'd forgotten to mention that! I think I'll join in with the [s]emotional blackmail[/s] gentle reminders not to leave us in too much suspense ;-) haha.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:57 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Topics: 2
Hi LonelyTara,

I just keep riding the WAVE and loving the journey.

Sweetness, humor, and first love joy; marvelous!

I can say it in six words:

MORE! MORE! MORE!

NOW! NOW! NOW!

Ariel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:18 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... The pizza making maddness really made me laugh... :wtkiss really are more important than blanket folding... Tara really had a good idea of using Buffy as a distraction for Willow's pre-date-spazzyness...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:41 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Well now that was just perfect!

I loved it! Pizza making and kissing and slumber parties and kissing and cartoons and kissing and getting ready and - oh yea, kissing.

I'm very excited about the foray into NC-17 territory :kdevil

Very, *very* eagerly awaiting more.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:32 pm 
2. Floating Rose

D'awww, shucks that was too cute of a chapter. Tara-snuggles are the best, aren't they? As always, fantabulous. Very excited for the second part!!!!! :D :party

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:38 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great update. I'm happy again.

Loved Willow and Tara's date. Can't wait for the post-date snuggles.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:05 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Aww, I just can't get enough of this fic.

I loved Tara meeting Joyce, since Joyce is the Mum of the group.

Quote:
“Did I ever mention that I once actually burned water?” Willow asked. “It’s supposed to be chemically impossible, but I managed it.”

“Well, you are a genius,” Tara teased.

I love any time Tara tries to teach Willow to cook, hilarity usually ensues. This was no exceptipn.
Quote:
“So,” Willow laughed, “That means one of those pizzas is safe to eat—”

“And one of them is likely to self destruct in the unsuspecting belly of the poor fool that eats it,” Buffy finished.

I'm so glad both the pizza's were fine.

Loved the sleepover, and of course the lead up to the date. I especially loved Buffy having to occupy Willow until Tara got back, and panicking over only having three hours to get ready!!

Part two of date NC-17? Yes please!

Can't wait for more,
Laura.

In the end, it doesn't matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
-Anon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next