The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC! UNDERWORLD: REVISITED
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:17 am 
4. Extra Flamey

awww man you going to just end it there ...sigh oh well please update soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:36 pm 
3. Flaming O

Good update, even though it was rather short ;-) . But hey I'll take what I can get LOL. Cant wait for the nxt update.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:35 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Ooo. I really like the start here. There's enough about this universe that we don't know to really make me curious but the regular Willow there too. And chemistry between W/T. I'm eager for more.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:08 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Aaaaaaaaa this is a no cliff hanger zone!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:25 pm 
3. Flaming O

I really liked the start. I can really see Tara as the Selene character. I can't wait for the next update...maybe soonish?? :read

Post subject: UNDERWORLD: REVISITED - Updated 8/1/2010!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:45 pm 
5. Willowhand

CHAPTER FOUR

Willow screamed as Lucien’s teeth ripped through her clothing and into the flesh over her collarbone.

Confident that he had enough of the red-head’s blood in his mouth, Lucien let her go. She quickly disappeared down the hall toward the stairwell. He then reached inside his coat pocket, taking out the vaccutainers. He popped the lids, spitting a sufficient quantity of Willow’s blood in each one. Just as he was about to place them back in his pocket, he heard a ‘pop’.

Tara’s first shot hit Lucien in the chest, the second right above his left eyebrow. The Lycan dropped to the floor of the elevator in a heap. Tara knew that a Lycan of Lucien’s strength and constitution would not be stopped by this, merely slowed down. Her thoughts went immediately to Willow, who had run down the stairwell to make her escape. In a second, Tara was leaping out of the nearest window, landing securely on the pavement below. She ran directly to the Volvo, got in, and headed towards the petite figure now running down the street in the rain.

Run. It was all Willow could think of…she had to get away! She was so completely focused on this task that she barely noticed the black Volvo screeching to a halt next to her. The door popped open, and the beautiful leather-clad blonde she had seen in her apartment leaned out.

“Get in!” Tara yelled.

“What?” Willow said, her head reeling.

“Get in if you want to live!” Tara said, urgently.

She didn’t know why, but something in the blonde’s eyes told Willow that this was what she must do…and she hurriedly jumped in the car, barely closing the door before they sped off.

“Who are you? Who was he and…did he bite me? Why in the hell did he bite me?” Willow babbled, adrenalin-laced blood pumping through her veins.

“His name is Lucien…he’s what we call a ‘Lycan’…that’s a werewolf to you…and I was just about to ask you the same thing…” Tara said, her eyes fixed on the street.

Meanwhile…

Lucien quickly came around, feeling the cold silver from the slug starting to seep into his bloodstream. He closed his eyes, focusing on the strongest concentrations of the metal, slowly forcing it from his body. The slugs hit the ground with a ‘tink’ and Lucien bolted out of the building, running with super-human speed behind the Volvo. Within a few leaps, he was on the roof of the vehicle, landing with a thud.

“What was that?!!!” Willow yelled, ducking away from the impact that dented the roof of the SUV.

“It’s him…Lucien.” Tara said stoicly.

“Are you kidding me? There’s no way he could…” Before Willow could finish, the cold-sharp edge of a sword poked through the roof of the car; the tip stabbing Tara in the right shoulder.

Tara barely flinched as the blade tore through flesh and sinew…she was completely focused on the task at hand.

“Get your belt on!” Tara yelled at Willow. “Now!”

Hearing the urgency in the blonde’s voice, Willow quickly secured her seat belt.

The moment that Tara heard the ‘click’, she slammed on the breaks, sending Lucien flying several yards in front of them, landing on the pavement. Tara quickly stepped on the accelerator, flooring it as she sped towards the ancient Lycan, now on his feet before them. The bumper made contact, the impact throwing him several feet into the air. The Volvo sped quickly away as Lucien landed gracefully on his feet.

He watched them disappear into the night, knowing that before the week was out, Willow Rosenberg would be seeking him out…

Meanwhile…

“You’re bleeding…” Willow said, noticing the steady stream of crimson flowing from Tara’s shoulder wound.

“I’m fine!” Tara snapped.

“I’m a doctor…let me help you!” Willow insisted, reaching over to examine the wound.

“I said I’m fine!” Tara said again, just before losing consciousness and slumping over the wheel.

Willow grabbed the steering wheel to try to gain control of the vehicle, but was too late. The Volvo careened off the road, down a hill and off the edge of a small cliff, landing in the water below.

Both Willow and Tara were now unconscious as the car floated momentarily before starting its decent to the murky depths below.
Willow was the first to come to. Realizing they were underwater, she knew that opening the door would be impossible unless she could equalize the pressure within the vehicle. Reaching over, she grabbed a hold of Tara’s pistol, aiming it at the windshield. Making sure that she had one hand secured around Tara’s utility belt, she slowly squeezed the trigger on the semi-automatic handgun. The bullet smashed effortlessly through the glass, immediately filling the inside of the car with water. Her air running short, Willow maneuvered Tara around the steering wheel and through the now-open windshield area, ascending through the depths. She swam frantically upward, Tara in tow…and just when she thought her lungs were about to burst, she broke through the surface. Taking a moment to gain her bearing, she adjusted her hold on Tara, grasping her midsection, as she swam towards land. She could tell that with the water temperature being this cold, they would both go hypothermic quickly. Fortunately, they made landfall in a few minutes. Willow dragged Tara onto the sand before exhaustion claimed her...

To Be Continued....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:06 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Ohhh sweet updatey-goodness. I really love the idea of this fic. Longer update soon, please? :wtkiss :pride :wtkiss

And dibs! Woot!

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:27 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... I wonder how Tara knew who Lucien is because Lucien was supposedly killed by Kraven few centuries before Tara became a vampire (if you follow the chronology of the Underworld saga and Tara is Selene's direct replacement)...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:30 am 
5. Willowhand

Good catch, Zampsa! In this version, she will have recognized him from previous experiences...but she did believe that he was dead...supposedly killed by Kraven, as in the original.

Hope you're enjoying it!

FIRESIGN
aka Cin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:07 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

great update

Post subject: UNDERWORLD: REVISITED - Chapter 5 - Updated 8/11/2010
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:19 pm 
5. Willowhand

CHAPTER FIVE

Moments later, Willow came to…seeing Tara lying next to her, she remembered the severe wound that the mysterious blonde had suffered. She immediately sat up and exposed the girl’s shoulder, revealing a deep stab wound beneath. The cold water had slowed the bleeding momentarily; however, now that they were out of the water, the flow had resumed and was steady. Willow immediately removed her sweatshirt and grabbed what appeared to be a lockblade from the blonde’s utility belt. She cut the sleeve off of her sweatshirt at the shoulder and then tied it tightly around the girl’s upper arm, putting direct pressure on the bleeding. She sat back, running her fingers through her hair, trying to think about what she should do next. She felt something warm running down her scalp and onto her hands…it was blood…her blood…that was the last thing she saw before becoming immersed in the darkness once more…

Meanwhile…

Lucien, still nursing the wounds incurred from his run-in with the Death Dealer, Tara, made his way back through the underground labrynth to the laboratory.

Raze and Rigel tensed as they saw the battered and bloody leader walk in.
“She escaped, again? Wiley one, this Rosenberg woman…” Rigel chided.

“Not before I got this…” Lucien said, reaching for the vaccutainers of Willow’s blood stored inside his coat.

Rigel quickly took the vaccutainers and walked to his laboratory workstation. Using a bulb syringe, he drew up the blood and dripped it into a beaker of clear liquid in front of him, stirring it with the end of the tube as he did so. The liquid turned a brilliant purple.

“Positive…” Rigel said, looking to Lucien with a smile.

“Excellent.” Lucien said, very pleased with the results.

“But she got away…we need more of her blood…” Raze reminded them.

“No matter…” Lucien said, nonchalantly. “I’ve tasted her flesh…and the full moon comes in two days…she will seek us out.”

Meanwhile…

Tara awoke, finding herself lying on the wet sand…the fog clearing from her mind, she remembered their encounter with the Lycan and reached instinctively for the wound on her shoulder. She found a long strip of sweatshirt material tied tightly around her arm had stopped the bleeding, allowing her body to repair itself. She looked next to her, the petite pale form of the redhead slumped in the sand. She could smell the newly clotted blood in the woman’s hair. She stood, gathering the smaller woman in her arms before running off into the night...

Later on that night…

Tara, not wanting to be seen, entered the mansion from one of the old labyrinth channels beneath that wasn’t normally used anymore. Once back in her quarters, she laid the girl out on the couch. She was just about to walk out when her door opened…Anyanka walking through.

“My, my Tara….you’ve been a naughty girl.” She said, seeing the red-head lying on the couch.

“Oh, shut up.” Tara said, pushing her way past the woman.

“You’re going to try to turn her, aren’t you?!”

“Don’t be ridiculous…she saved my life…” Tara said, walking to her desk, opening the drawer. She was just about to reach in and retrieve some additional rounds when she realized that Anyanka was still watching her. “Was there something that you needed?” She asked, obviously annoyed.

“Kraven is expecting you downstairs…Amelia and the others will be arriving later on tonight.” She said, a tone of jealousy in her voice. “You should be honored…”

“Oh please…” Tara said, rolling her eyes in disgust. “Feel free to take my place…” She said, deciding to retrieve the rounds later. She stood up, slamming the drawers shut before walking towards the door. “Do you mind? I have something I must attend to.” Tara said, motioning for Anyanka to leave her quarters.

“What should I tell Kraven?”

“Tell him whatever you like…” She said, pushing Anyanka out the door and into the hallway, following after her.

Moments later…

Anyanka, intrigued by what she had seen earlier, sneaked back into Tara’s chamber…viewing the petite woman still unconscious on the couch. She moved in for a closer look and hissed as she noticed the bite mark on the girl’s collarbone.

The noise startled Willow, bringing her out of her dazed state.

“What the….?” She said, sitting up…finding herself in unfamiliar surroundings with a vampire hissing at her…

Her actions only made Anyanka more fearful, and she leaped onto the ceiling, baring her fangs and hissing loudly.

Panicking, Willow quickly scanned the room, looking for a way out. She noticed the open window and decided to make a break for it. Hesitating at the frame, she looked back at the vampire clinging to the ceiling and decided she’d take her chances…she leapt from the window, bracing herself for the breaking of bones as she landed…but much to her surprise, she landed on her feet with a soft thud. Running on pure adrenalin, she sprinted towards the brick perimeter wall…guard dogs barking at her heels. In a single leap, she was able to grab the top of the wall and pull herself over, landing on the other side. She didn’t know where she was going…but she knew she had to get away…at least for now…so she traveled as fast as her feet could take her, disappearing into the night.

Meanwhile…

Tara’s thoughts were reeling as she prepared to do the unthinkable. She ran the hot water in the sink, causing the steam to rise and fog the mirror in front of her. She raised her finger, writing a single word in the condensation:

VIKTOR

“Please forgive me, but I desperately need your guidance. I apologize for awakening you ahead of schedule, but I fear we may all be in grave danger. Especially you, my lord, if left in your weakened state. For I believe that Lucien is planning against us with insider knowledge. Here. Now. In this very city, preparing to hit us during the Awakening ceremony. Even more disturbing, is that if I’m correct, it would mean that Kraven is in league with him.”

Finishing her speech, Tara quickly made her way to the hibernation chamber…hoping to awaken the one person that she believed could make things right and save the covens.

The chamber was always under surveillance; however, being a Captain of the Death Dealers, and Viktor’s favorite, came with certain advantages.

“Leave…you’re needed for the preparation ceremony in the anteroom.”
Tara ordered the guard.

The guard nodded, leaving his station. Tara immediately entered the chamber and began taking the steps needed to bring Viktor’s sarcophagus up from its resting place.

Tara’s thoughts were reeling…an ‘awakening’ of an elder had never been performed by one such as herself…it simply wasn’t heard of. The elders had come up with the plan to leap-frog through time…one awake…two asleep…to preserve the leadership of the great covens. Only another elder had the control to organize their thoughts into a single concentrated stream to pass on to the newly awakened leader.

Viktor’s sarcophagus rose up, spinning on its axis until horizontal. Tara sunk her teeth into her own wrist, allowing her blood to flow into the receiving cup and into Viktor’s mummified mouth.

The moment that Tara’s blood entered his system, her somewhat disjunct memories flooded his mind. After the initial bleeding, Tara attached several bags of blood in ports placed strategically throughout Viktor’s body, rehydrating his corpse.

Realizing how long she had actually been in the chamber, she double checked the intravenous system and then made her way back to her chamber to check on Willow.

When she arrived, she found Kraven waiting for her.

“Where have you been?!” He yelled. “Your place is at my side! You’re making a fool of me!”

“You make yourself a fool.” Tara said, her teeth clenched, as she pushed her way by him.

Kraven grabbed her by the arm, spinning her back around. “You will join me…”

“Take Anyanka…she’s dying to go with you.”

Their conversation was cut short by a radio transmission.

“Kraven…there’s someone at the front gate.” The sentry said.

Tara and Kraven went immediately to the computer on her desk, pulling up the surveillance camera view of the front gate.

Moments earlier…

Willow ran faster than she had ever run in her life…and yet it still didn’t seem to be fast enough. Something inside her was changing…there was something…some type of energy building within her…making her feel as though she was going to explode. She could go to the hospital…she was quite certain that she could run the entire way with no problem at all. But what would she tell them? What could they possibly do for her? Nothing. There was only one person that could possibly help her…Tara.
As scared as she was, she was more afraid of not knowing what was happening to her…she had to go back. She stopped so quickly, she skidded, spraying the water up in a rooster tail before switching directions and heading back to the mansion.

Within moments, she was back at the huge iron gate, frantically pushing on the button for the intercom system.

“Tara! I have to speak to Tara!!!! What’s happening to me?!!!” Willow said, pounding on the gate.

Up in Tara’s quarters, Kraven and she viewed the girl on the surveillance camera.

“Is this the one you’ve been so enamored with? This human?!” Kraven spat, furiously.

“I’m coming out.“ Tara said, releasing the button on the intercom.

“If you leave…you’ll never be welcome in this house again!” Kraven warned.

“We’ll see about that…now that Viktor’s awake.” Tara said, storming out the door and into the night.

Moments later, the gate opened and the black Volvo SUV screeched to a halt next to Willow. The passenger side window rolled down.

“Get in.” Tara said.

There was no hesitation – Willow immediately climbed into the SUV, slamming the door behind her just before they sped off down the wet, winding road.

“You can never come here again…do you understand?” Tara said, firmly.

“Why? Who are you people?” Willow asked, still confused.

“Whether you like it or not, you’re in the middle of a war that has been raging for the better part of a thousand years. A blood feud between vampires and lycans. Werewolves. Most people die within an hour of being bitten by an immortal. The virus is deadly.” Tara explained.

“If you bit me…I would become a vampire, instead?” Willow asked.

“No…you would die.” Tara replied as they disappeared into the night once more…

To Be Continued...

Post subject: Re: UNDERWORLD: REVISITED - Updated 8/11/2010
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:04 pm 

More, please!! And finally, a dibs this week! You're good luck, FIRESIGN!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:26 am 
3. Flaming O

omg! omg! you have got to update soon!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:45 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Nice way to introduce Anya... I hope there's :wtkiss action before Tara goes to face Viktor...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:28 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

great update

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:55 pm 
5. Willowhand

umm...I'm in love with this fic...I want to have it's babies! Please update soon, doll!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:55 am 
2. Floating Rose

This is a great fic. Keep up the good work as they are all enjoyable. With that said UPDATE please. :kgeek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:30 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

OMG please update soon!!! This fic is awsome :)

Post subject: UNDERWORLD: REVISITED - Updated 9/1/2010
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:13 pm 
5. Willowhand

CHAPTER SIX

Anyanka stood idly by while Kraven paced angrily in Tara’s quarters.

“Who does she think she is? Does she not know how important this is?
Tonight…of all nights!” Kraven said, furious with Tara.

“I’m sorry, my lord…I knew and I should have told you.” Anyanka said, submissively.

Kraven stopped dead in his tracks, turning to the blonde. “What are you talking about?”

“Her human…Willow…she’s a Lycan…she’s been bitten.” She said, waiting for Kraven’s reaction.

“She’s what?” He said, stepping close to Anyanka, close enough that his spittle hit her face as he spoke.

“…she’s been bitten, my lord…she’s a Lycan.”

Just then, two of Kraven’s henchmen showed up at the door.

“What do you want?!” Kraven said, clearly irritated by their presence.

The two bowed their heads, realizing they were about to make Kraven’s already foul mood even worse with their news.

“Someone has breached the hibernation chamber, my lord.” The first said, his head still bowed.

“Tara.” Kraven hissed, stomping across the room, pushing his way through the guards and down the hallway. Within seconds, he was entering the hibernation chamber.

Viktor sat on his throne, Tara’s memories reeling through his mind as the transfusion ports pumped pints of blood into his shriveled veins. He was brought out of his haze by the sound of the chamber door opening and footsteps on the marble floor.

Kraven, seeing the elder on his throne, immediately dropped to his knee, bowing before him.

“Do you know why I have been awakened, servant?” Viktor said, pointedly.

“No, my lord…but I will soon find out.” Kraven said, both embarrassed and furious. He remained on his knee, his head bowed down submissively.

“You mean when you find her.” Viktor corrected.

“Yes, my lord. I give you my word, she will be found!” Kraven hissed, finally looking the elder in the eyes.

“No!” Viktor yelled, abruptly. “You will let her come to me. We have much to discuss, Tara and I. She has shown me a great many things…things that will be dealt with soon enough.”

Meanwhile…

Tara pulled into an alleyway, screeching to a halt. She quickly got out of the vehicle – Willow did the same.

“This way…” Tara instructed, stopping at a heavy steel door with a small push-button number pad. She quickly pushed a series of buttons and the locks clicked into the open position. Willow followed her, shutting the door behind them.

“Where are we?” Willow asked as they climbed up several flights of stairs.

“One of many safehouses we keep throughout this area.” Tara answered, punching the numerical code on a touch pad opening yet another door and walking through.

The room was white tile from wall-to-wall, with an oversized light and examination table in the center. Several trays of instruments lay on the cupboard area.

“You need an operating room in the safehouse?” Willow asked.

“It’s not an operating room.” Tara said, quickly moving a panel hidden within the tile wall and retrieving additional guns and ammunition. “It’s an interrogation room.”

“Interrogation? For what?” Willow said, picking up some of the instruments from the trays. They were unlike any she had ever used as a doctor.

“For Lycans…they’re allergic to silver…we use these to take it out of them before we question them…they’d die if we left it in.” Tara explained.

“What do you do with them afterwards?” Willow asked, hesitantly…not sure if she really wanted to know the answer to that question or not, considering she was now a Lycan.

“We put it back in.” Tara said, plainly.

“Oh.” Willow said, swallowing hard. “Um…what are we going to do?”

“WE aren’t going to do anything…I need you to stay here.” Tara said, packing everything she had taken from the wall compartment into a duffle bag. Tara turned to see Willow still looking curiously at the surgical instruments. “So…you’re a doctor…”

“Surgeon, actually…trauma specialist.” Willow said, looking at the blonde. She couldn’t help but notice the brilliant sapphire eyes looking back at her, but they were tinged with a bit of sadness. She wondered what could have happened to affect the beautiful woman so.

“What made you decide to become a surgeon?” Tara asked, curiously.

“Um…it’s a long story, really…” Willow said, feeling slightly uncomfortable by the question.

“I’m listening…” Tara said, stepping closer. She could feel the heat rolling off of Willow’s body, the adrenalin-tinged blood coursing through her veins…her emerald eyes dilating to near black as Tara moved closer, taking the red-head’s hand in her own.

Willow’s heart raced as Tara’s fingers entwined in hers. “I was eighteen…it was right after graduation…my parents had gotten me a sports car to compensate for them missing my commencement speech. My best friend Xander, more like my brother – actually, was going for a ride with me. We’d snuck a few drinks after the ceremony…I was driving too fast and the wheel went off the shoulder of the road. I tried to pull it back onto the pavement, but I over-corrected and we slammed into a tree at 80 miles-per-hour. The engine block came through the dash, pinning him to the seat, nearly cutting him in two.” Willow said, tears welling up in her eyes, her chest tightening. “You know…the whole time, he just kept asking me if I was okay…maybe if I’d known what I know now…maybe I could have saved him.” Willow said.

Tara felt something that she had not felt since she was human…so many years ago…the urge to comfort someone…but before she had the
chance, Willow turned away from her, wiping the tears from her face.

“So what about you? What happened…I mean…why do you hate them so much?” Willow asked.

Tara dropped Willow’s hand, turning and walking to the small refrigerator underneath the cabinet. She reached inside, grabbing several bags of what appeared to be blood.

“I told you…” Tara said, placing the bags on the table next to Willow. “…we’re at war.”

“So you’re just following orders? Why can’t you just answer the question?” Willow said, slightly hurt that she had allowed herself to become a bit vulnerable with the blonde, and yet she would not reciprocate.

“Fine.” Tara said…turning away, gazing out the window into the rain. She hadn’t talked about it in centuries, and remembering it brought raw emotions to the surface – making it feel as though it had just happened moments ago. “Something was in the stable…tearing our horses apart. I couldn’t have saved my mother or my sister…their screams woke me. My father died outside of the house, trying to fend them off.” She said, pausing to try to stave off the tears now welling in her eyes. “I stood in the doorway…about to run to my nieces’ room…twin girls…barely six years old…butchered like animals.”

“Jeezus.” Willow said, under her breath. Her heart ached for this woman…the girl who had experienced such horror….such loss.

“The next thing I knew, I was in his arms. The war had spilled into our house. He and the others had been tracking the Lycans for days. He drove them off and saved me.”

“Who?” Willow asked.

“Viktor. The oldest and strongest of us.” Tara explained. “That night, he made me a vampire…he gave me the strength to avenge my family. Since then, I’ve never looked back.”

“I’m sorry.” Willow said. It was the only thing she could think to say…
Tara turned back to look at her, moving closer.

“What brought you here to this country?” She asked.

“Ummm…after the accident…I couldn’t stay there. I remembered my Grandfather bringing me here when I was young…so I after I got my degree…I just…I took off.” Willow said. “I came over here to move on…to forget.”

Tara moved closer, taking Willow’s hand once more.

“…and have you? Moved on?” Tara asked.

“Have you?” Willow added.

Both stood looking into each other’s eyes, feeling the tension between them…drawing them closer together…Tara was the first to break contact yet again.

“What I’m about to tell you must be kept in the strictest confidence.” Tara said, firmly.

“It can wait.” Willow said, pulling Tara back to her, leaning in and capturing the blonde’s cold lips in her own…like fire and ice. Tara was somewhat surprised, but eased into the embrace, returning the kiss. She was just about to deepen it when Willow pulled back, rather abruptly.

“Sorry…I just...who started the war?” She asked, out of the blue.

“They did…or at least that’s what we’ve been led to believe. Digging into the past is forbidden.” Tara explained, hesitantly breaking the embrace. “I should be heading back.”

“What about me?” Willow asked, fearful of being left alone.

“Viktor will know what to do…I’ll come back.” Tara said, grabbing the duffle.

“I can’t stay alone!” Willow said, starting to panic.

“You will if you want to live.” Tara said, sitting the duffle near the door. She turned back to Willow, taking her hand once more…this time, sliding a shackle closed onto Willow’s wrist – chaining her to a fixed metal chair behind her.

“What are you doing?!” Willow said, pulling the chain taut.

“When the full moon rises tomorrow…you will change, you will kill…and you will feed.” Tara explained. “It’s unavoidable. I’m sorry, but I just can’t leave you roaming around.”

Tara handed her a small handgun with a single round in it.

“What’s this for?” She asked.

“…a single round won’t kill you, but silver will prevent the transformation…at least for a few hours.” She said, seriously. “If I don’t return in time, do yourself a favor – use it.”

“Seriously?” Willow asked, not believing what she was hearing.

Tara moved the blood within Willow’s reach before walking through the door, locking it behind her.

Meanwhile…

“This coven has grown weak…decadent. Perhaps I should have left someone else in charge of my affairs.” Viktor said, scolding Kraven, who was still kneeling before him. “Still…Tara’s memories are chaotic…with no sense of time or sequence…” He said, closing his eyes as the thoughts overwhelmed him.

Kraven, noticing that this was his moment to perhaps get back on the good-side of the elder, rose to his feet.

“Then please, my lord….allow me to summon some assistance for you.” He pleaded. “Heed me, my lord…you are in great need of rest.”

Recognizing Kraven’s ruse for what it was, Viktor became irritated.

“I’ve rested enough!” He yelled. “What you WILL do is summon Marcus. It’s time I’ve been made aware of matters as they stand.”

Kraven looked over to Marcus’ crest emblazoned over his tomb in the floor of the chamber. “But…he still slumbers, my lord. Amelia and the council are scheduled to arrive here tomorrow night to awaken Marcus…not you.” He explained, fearfully. “You have been awakened a full century ahead of schedule.”

Viktor’s eyes opened wide in astonishment, just as a voice came over the speaker system within the chamber.

“My lord…she’s here.”

Kraven bowed, backing away from Viktor as he quickly moved into the anteroom to confront Tara.

“You listen to me and you listen well…you will go before Viktor and you will tell him exactly what I tell you to.” Kraven said, the pointed nail of his finger a mere inch from Tara’s face. “From here on out, you will do exactly as I say. Is that in any way unclear?”

Tara, knowing that Viktor would see things her way, smirked before pushing her way past Kraven and into the chamber.

Viktor smiled as he saw her.

“Come closer, my child.” He cooed lovingly, as a father would to his daughter.

Kraven entered behind her. Viktor looked at him and instantly ordered him outside.

“Leave us! Now!” He said, pointing to the anteroom.

Tara approached Viktor, kneeling in front of him.

“No…no…child…you aren’t like those others…come here.” He said, extending his bony, withered hand.

“I have been lost without you, my lord.” Tara said, longingly. “I’m constantly hounded by Kraven and his never-ending infatuation…”

“Ahhh…yes.” Viktor said, ever the understanding mentor. “It is the oldest story in the book…he desires the one thing that he cannot have.” He explained. “Now tell me…why have you come to believe that Lucien still lives and is developing a pack?”

“My lord…I’ve given you all of the proof you need…” Tara said, hoping that the elder would remember the message that she had tried to transmit to him.

“Incoherent thoughts and images…nothing more. Which is precisely why the awakening is to be performed by an elder.” Viktor explained. “You do not possess the necessary skills…”

“But I did see Lucien…I shot him! You must believe me!” Tara pleaded.

“The chain has never been broken. Not once. Not in fourteen centuries. Not since we elders began to leap frog through time…one awake…two asleep…that’s the way of it.” Viktor said, somewhat upset with his young charge. “It is Marcus’ turn to reign, not mine.”

“But I had no choice…there’s been a complication…and Willow is the key!” Tara said, desperation in her voice.

“The Lycan.” Viktor said, hatred in his voice.

“Yes.” Tara replied. “Give me the chance to get the proof you require.”

“Fine.” Viktor said, seeing Kraven viewing from the anteroom. “I will leave it to Kraven to collect the proof.”

“My lord! How could you trust him over me?” Tara said, hurt by Viktor’s declaration.

“Because he is not the one who has been tainted by an animal.” Viktor said, disappointedly. “I love you like a daughter…but you leave me with no choice. These rules are in place for a good reason…and they are the reason why we have been able to survive as long as we have. You have broken the chain of the covenant – and you must be judged! When Amelia and the others arrive, the council will convene and decide your fate.” He said, coldly.

Tara nodded, taking her leave of him.

Kraven was waiting to berate her as she entered the anteroom. “You should have listened to me and stayed out of this! Now you’ll be lucky if I can convince them to spare your life!” He said, scolding her.

“Tell me, Kraven…did you have the nerve to cut the skin from Lucien’s arm…or did you have him do it?” She said, pushing her way past him.

Two guards stepped in front of her, taking her arms and escorting her to her quarters, Kraven close behind.

“No one opens this door, understood? I can’t afford to have my future queen running off with that Lycan again.” He instructed the guards. “Mark my words…soon, you’ll be seeing things my way.” He said, before the guards shut and locked the door.

“Shit.” Tara said, trying to think of some way to escape and get back to Willow…

To Be Continued....

Post subject: Re: UNDERWORLD: REVISITED - Updated 9/1/2010!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:28 pm 

Hooray for updates and thanks for the smoochies! I can't wait to see how you shift things next! (Hint from me, more smoochies!)

DIBS!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:37 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Big yay for :wtkiss ... I guess Anya comes to Tara's rescue...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:24 am 
3. Flaming O

I am having soo much fun reading this... please whatever you do don't stop...i'll cry if you do... you don't want that now do you???

:kitty

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:05 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

you are obviously a fan of the movie! :D Keep up the writing! :D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:34 am 
4. Extra Flamey

great update

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:16 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Awsome update. Cant wait for the next one! :kitty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:55 am 
5. Willowhand

Hello Everybody!

I haven't forgotten you all! I have just been on the road a lot...just got back from speaking at a film festival in Philadelphia and doing a book signing there. I'm hoping to post some updates to all of my fics within the next two weeks. Thanks so much for hanging in there!

Stay Tuned!

FIRESIGN
aka Cin :kgeek :pride