The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic (AU/Slight Canon) Dry Heat Chapter 28 10/29/11
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:47 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
AstronSoul - Thank you, glad you enjoyed it.

True_Love - Out of breath, mouth dry, heart racing.... that sounds about right - mission accomplished. ;)

love_2003 - LOL, I guess speechless is good, too, right?

Azirahael - If I can get someone that normally skips the, uh, more "graphic" parts of stories to actually stop, read it, and like it - well, that says I must be doing something right. Thank you.

SMGOVAN - Well, it seems this chapter was a hit if nothing else. Thanks for commenting...emoticons count as comments! ;)

POST TO FOLLOW.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

Post subject: New Fic (AU/Slight Canon) Dry Heat Chapter 29 11/13/11
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:13 am 
8. Vixen

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Pairing: W/T

Rating: PG-13 – for implied sexuality.

Angst Rating: Scale of 1-10 this is about a 5.5.

Setting: The Grove - Tucson

Disclaimer: I in no way, shape or form own the characters from BtVS, they’re owned by Joss Whedon/Mutant Enemy. All original characters are in no way connected to them except by me in this forum. No money is involved this is simply for my own pleasure.

Email: riverwillows@me.com

Author’s Notes: I would like to extend my deepest gratitude to my betas: Cyteach, Ariel, & Azirahael. I don’t think they understand how much their insights & suggestions help to keep my process flowing as it should, so I say thank you for joining me on this little excursion. Music for this chapter - Phantogram “Nightlife” EP, Coldplay “Mylo Xyloto”, St. Vincent “Strange Mercy”, Florence and The Machine “Ceremonials” deluxe edition (highly recommend, btw) and Jane’s Addiction “The Great Escape Artist”.

Regrets collect like old friends
Here to relive your darkest moments
I can see no way, I can see no way
And all of the ghouls come out to play

Tara awoke several hours later with a start, she had been dreaming, and as the gossamer threads began to slip away, she could only remember the howls of rage, fear and the taste of her own blood in her mouth. She tried to lie still while she calmed her racing heart, staring at the ceiling and trembling.

Willow stirred next to her, sensing Tara’s unease, and pulled her close in a sleepy embrace. “Baby, what is it?”

Curling into the safety of Willow’s arms, Tara nuzzled her neck and whispered into her skin, “A dream, that’s all, love, just a dream.” As she spoke she realized she had bitten her tongue while she slept.

Willow pulled back, muttering a few quick words; a small, dim flame appeared over her head allowing her to look at Tara closely. The soft light seemed to help Tara calm down more, while Willow stroked her hair, but as she did so, she noticed blood in the corner of Tara’s mouth.

“Baby, did you hurt yourself? There’s blood on your mouth,” she said and gently wiped at the corner of Tara’s mouth.

“I bit my tongue, that’s all, I’m okay,” Tara said tightening her hold on Willow.

“Do you want to tell me what it was about?”

Tara looked up at Willow and replied quietly, “I don’t really remember now, I just remember being afraid mostly.”

Kissing her forehead, Willow looked down at Tara in the flickering light that danced gently around them, casting shadows over them both. “Baby, I think our dreams are only just beginning. You’ve always had them, but I think it’s something we need to prepare ourselves for as much as we can. I haven’t had a dream for a few weeks, but they don’t exactly work on a schedule, you know?”

Tara nodded, and kissed Willow’s chest. “Maybe we should look into wards. The kind we can place around our room when we get back to Sunnydale, maybe the house too.”

“I think that’s a good idea, baby. I don’t think there is going to be any such thing as over prepared. Maybe we need to actually look at the book we gave to Giles; it might be able to tell us some things, give us a place to start even.” Willow started to move her hand lightly up and down Tara’s back as she spoke.

“Are you hungry, love?” Tara asked.

“Famished,” Willow said with a grin. “But what about your tongue, do you really want to eat?”

Tara smiled ruefully. “I’m starving too, and I want to brush my teeth and rinse my mouth out. Maybe if we eat something soft, and not too spicy, I’ll be okay – I really want this taste out of my mouth.”

“What my baby wants, she gets. We can make sandwiches, we could even do pb and j’s, that’s super soft. Go light on the jelly, or we could even do peanut butter and honey. Honey is a natural antibacterial, so it might even help a little.”

Willow started to babble on softly about the merits of honey, when Tara began to giggle and hugged her tightly again. Peppering her chest and neck with kisses, Tara inched her way up to look Willow deeply in the eyes.

“Willow, I love you so much.”

Willow’s features softened at the words, and she stroked Tara’s cheek with her knuckles, and traced her thumb over the delicate skin of Tara’s lips. “Just as much as I love you,” she replied sweetly.

Willow scooted down the bed just a little so she could rest her head over Tara’s heart and listen to the steady rhythm against her ear, while Tara rested her hand over Willow’s heart. Both could feel the beats that were as sure as the tides, and just as soothing to their souls. Fingertips skimmed gently over warm skin, as they lay in each other’s arms, simply basking in the nearness of the other.

Eventually, Tara stirred again, and Willow raised her head to look at her. “Time to get up, baby?”

“I think so, sweet love. My mouth tastes truly wretched,” Tara said making a face.

“Okay, sweetheart, go brush your teeth, and I’ll get us some clothes and we can go to the kitchens for something to eat,” Willow murmured before she nuzzled Tara’s neck, pressing kisses to the warm flesh beneath her lips.

“Mmm… keep doing that, and I might just forget about going for food,” Tara purred as she tilted her head back to give Willow better access to her throat.

“Taraskin is just so darn tasty, how can I help myself?” With a throaty chuckle, and a quick lick of Tara’s neck, Willow teased. “But you’re right – out with you before I become more inclined to start licking other parts of you, and we never make it any further.”

“You say that like it’s a bad thing,” Tara replied cheekily.

“Baby, it’s NEVER a bad thing, believe me, I can think of few things I’d rather do, but we have to realistic. We wouldn’t survive on diets of Willow and Tara for very long, despite how pleasurable it might be to try,” Willow chuckled. “So again, I say off with you, oh temptress of mine – just hurry back.” Willow kissed Tara tenderly, and then rolled gently away to get out of bed.

“Yes, darling,” Tara replied trailing a finger down the exposed skin of Willow’s back, and with a chuckle of her own as she left the bed.

The girls were sitting chatting quietly at the large table in the kitchen, where they had shared many meals in private since Tara had arrived, when Giles strolled in.

“Good evening, Willow, Tara, I trust I find you both well this evening?” he asked pleasantly.

They smiled and nodded at him as he went to the stove, he rinsed out the kettle before filling it to make a pot of tea. Once he had everything in order, he turned to face them.

“I was hoping to have a word with you, if I may. It doesn’t have to be right this moment, but perhaps tomorrow morning? Would say, ten-thirty tomorrow be acceptable to you both?” Giles inquired.

Willow and Tara looked at each other; Willow shrugged and Tara nodded.

“Excellent, I’d like to discuss the book with you, as well as the other witch that was on the Council’s list. Lady Rowan and I have met with her, and the young lady would be amenable to joining your coven and going back to Sunnydale. I hope you don’t mind that I took the liberty?” Giles said somewhat apologetically.

Willow shook her head and sniggered. “Giles, you knew we would do this, didn’t you? Or had a good idea we would, at least, go back to Sunnydale.”

Giles took out a handkerchief, and cleaned his glasses. “Well, I could hope, but I wanted to be prepared, and to prepare her should she be contacted by The Watcher’s Council. At the very least, to let her know what they’re truly like before they make a move, and make themselves known to her.”

Willow nodded, and her face became serious.

“Just who is this woman? I mean it is a ‘she”, you’ve just said as much,” Tara asked a little pointedly.

“Yes, it is a she, her name is Claudia Harrison. Her mother was quite an accomplished green witch, it seems, and while it doesn’t appear that Claudia has practiced, she has quite some talent of her own. I think someone that can grow spell ingredients in a matter of days will be of great use to you,” Giles finished just as the kettle began to whistle.

Both girls sat with the jaws agape. Looking at each other before looking back at Giles, Tara was the first to recover. “Giles, tell me this is a joke.”

Giles’ brow creased in confusion, as he watched the curious reactions from Willow and Tara. “Tara, my dear, I’m quite serious. She’s really quite good, we went out into the greenhouse and over the course of the hour, she revived two dying saplings and convinced several other plants to flower. She’s a bit rough around the edges I’ll admit, but she has the ability,” Giles countered seriously.

“Lovely,” Willow muttered as she stuffed the last of her sandwich in her mouth. Then with a hasty shove of the plate away from her, she chewed quickly and stormed out.

Giles stared after Willow, and then looked to Tara for an explanation. Tara quickly finished her sandwich in two bites, and put their plates in the dishwasher.

“Not now, Giles. I’ll explain in the morning. Good night,” Tara said as she left abruptly.

Giles turned and poured himself a cup of tea, staring into its depths. With a snort he muttered, “I thought they would be happier about this.” He took cup his and the pot of tea, and sat at the empty table, sipping at the hot brew. Rubbing his eyes and shaking his head, Giles rested his chin in his hand as he stared at the doorway Tara had rushed out of just moments before.

Willow strode down the hall trying to calm herself, and attempting to stop this new information ruffling her anymore than it already had. Tara rushed after her and rounded the corner at one end of the hall as Willow turned the corner at the other end.

“Will!” she called out. “Willow, would you wait a minute, please?”

Willow sighed and stopped in her tracks. Turning to wait for Tara, Willow leaned against the wall, closing her eyes and breathing deeply.

Tara skidded around the corner so quickly she almost knocked Willow over. Now with Willow wrapped in her arms, and pinned against the wall they were using to keep themselves upright, Tara scanned Willow’s features trying to discern her mood.

“Willow, what was that all about? Please tell me you’re not still jealous of her?” Tara implored.

“Tara, she keeps turning up like a bad penny! I don’t know, I mean maybe I am still a little jealous, but now – now I’m supposed to be happy about taking her to Sunnydale with us? I mean, she’s your ‘ex’ for cryin’ out loud! How would you feel if we had to take Oz back to Sunnydale with us?” Willow saw the look on Tara’s face, something that looked faintly like fear, and then jealousy flashed across her features. “Okay, bad example – but what I saw on your face isn’t just being scared of him, so tell me I’m wrong!”

Tara let Willow go, and simply took her hand. They walked back to their rooms in silence. Tara led Willow back into the bedroom, which still smelled faintly of sex, and Tara yanked the sheet from the bed and held it close to Willow’s face.

“What do you smell on this sheet Willow? It’s us – me and you, our lovemaking. Just a few hours ago I told you there’s nothing better than loving and being loved by you, and I meant it. I’m only going to say this once, and then never again, so hear me loud and clear. I love you, and I have absolutely no interest in Claude or anyone else, whatsoever,” Tara snapped the sheet loose from the bed and whipped it around Willow pulling her close so they were face to face, wrapped in the scent of their lovemaking, and making it so Willow couldn’t move away from her. “You’re mine, and don’t you ever forget it. She could dance naked all day, every day and it would still be you I want. You’re mine, just like I’m yours – do you hear me?” Tara kissed Willow ravenously, the force making Willow respond.

Willow tangled her fingers in Tara’s short soft locks and returned the fervor of her kisses. They broke apart, lips swollen from the crush of their kisses, panting and aroused all over again.

“Loud and clear,” Willow said, her eyes dilated as she stared at Tara’s mouth. “But I still don’t have to like it,” she said nuzzling Tara’s neck, making her way up to suck gently on the fleshy lobe of Tara’s ear.

“Agreed, but if she can somehow help us, then we need her. Who knows Willow, you might even like her,” Tara teased, turning her head towards Willow’s tantalizing mouth.

Willow pulled back to look at Tara. “Now that’s just crazy talk,” Willow pouted, pushing out her lower lip dangerously.

Tara sucked the lip between her own, biting down on it gently, then growled, “Mmmhmm, come with me, we have another bed to muss, my vixen,” she said giving some slack to the sheet around Willow, walking them backwards through the adjoining door and into her rooms.

10am came quickly for Willow and Tara after a heady night filled with lovemaking. Once again, they sat at the table in the kitchen finishing breakfast, Willow sitting in Tara’s lap while whispering to one another and feeding each other their last bits of toast. Willow was sipping at Tara’s orange juice, and Tara sipping at Willow’s coffee, when Dana came in, empty coffee cup in hand.

Rolling her eyes at the abject sweetness before her, she began to grumble good naturedly. “Can’t you two give it a rest already? My gods, it’s a good thing I’m not diabetic, because the two of you would have put me in a coma weeks ago!”

The girls giggled, and Willow put her arm around Tara’s shoulder as she looked at Dana. “Aww, c’mon Dana, what would you rather have? Me ‘Pre-Tara’ or now? Be honest,” Willow goaded Dana, knowing the game they were playing.

Tara laughed outright. “Yes, Dana, be honest since you yourself, told me just what a barrel of fun Willow wasn’t.”

“Hey!” Willow squeaked.

“Tara, you got me there; Willow could suck the pity right out of the party, let me tell you. True talent there,” Dana teased.

“I thought I told you two no ganging up on me!” Willow tried to pull away from Tara, who had wrapped her arms around her waist. “You get no more smoochies, missy.”

“But, baby,” Tara began to whine.

Dana snorted loudly trying not to laugh. “I’m soo sure, Willow! I bet you twenty dollars you can’t go one hour without kissing Tara.”

Tara looked at Dana like she had just kicked her kitten. “Now, why would she want to do that?”

Dana laughed so hard she spit coffee across the counter. Once Dana had herself under control, she wiped up the counter, and refilled her mug. “I don’t know which one of you is more lovesick; I’ve seen teenagers that aren’t as bad as you two,” Dana said shaking her head.

Willow relaxed back into Tara, and rested her arms around her shoulders to play with her hair. Tara looked at Dana and beamed. “No, we’re just happy, there’s nothing wrong with being in love and happy, is there?” She looked at Willow and they rubbed noses, smiling goofily at one another.

Dana groaned, and coughed loudly to get their attention. “Well ladies, I did come with an ulterior motive, as much as I love teasing the two of you – and believe me, it does make my day sometimes – Giles asked me to come find you and let you know he is with Lady Rowan and to for us to meet in her office.”

Without thinking about it, Willow dropped a kiss on Tara’s lips before standing up. “Then off we go, duty calls, and calls, and calls.”

“See, I told you!” Dana hopped from foot to foot, pointing at the pair laughing.

Tara stood up and stuck out her tongue like a child. “Don’t push it, Sparky, we’re still training later this afternoon,” She warned.

“Fine, fine! You don’t play fair,” Dana said throwing her hands in the air and scowling, following slowly behind the pair.

The three walked and chatted amiably, and when they approached the door to Lady Rowan’s office, Tara knocked. Giles opened the door, and as they entered, they could see that the table in the corner of Rowan’s office now had chairs around it and the book was sitting in the middle of the table looking much like it did the day they got if from Amy’s henchman.

Rowan was already seated at one of the chairs, and smiled when they came in.

“Come in, Sisters. Have a seat, I trust you slept well?” She asked looking at Willow and Tara, who, as usual, were holding hands.

Blushing, they both replied, “Yes, My Lady.”

“Excellent! Well Rupert, I believe this is really your meeting, so I’ll let you do the talking,” Rowan smiled at Giles.

As Willow and Tara sat, Willow commented, “Gee, Giles, this feels sort of like a Scooby meeting, just without most of the Scoobies.”

Giles cocked his head to one side. “Yes, Willow, I suppose you’re right. We are a few, uh, ‘Scoobies’ short, aren’t we?”

“Oh, yes, let’s get started, shall we?” Giles said as he snapped into research mode. “Well, to be quite honest, we don’t know anything more about the book, because, you see, we can’t open it. Rowan has tested a number of theories and it doesn’t appear to be cursed, or that a spell is keeping it closed. It simply won’t open.”

Willow and Tara looked at each other before looking around the table. Dana looked confused, and Rowan had her usual serene, knowing expression.

“So if you can’t open it, then how was Amy going to open it?” Willow asked.

“You said it’s not bound by a curse or a spell, so then it must only open for the right witch. So the book is of no use to us? Will and I did all of that for nothing?” Tara shot back.

“No, Tara, I don’t think for nothing. I think for you,” Rowan said. “Sorry, Rupert.”

“That’s quite alright, what Rowan means, is that she and I have come to the conclusion that, although Amy set the book’s delivery in motion, it was never for her and would have never worked with her. Tell me girls, what do you feel from the book?” Giles asked.

The girls looked at one another again, and Willow was first to speak, “It’s sort of a hum; we talked about it on the ride back here, didn’t we, baby?”

“It’s low and constant, enough to raise the hair on your arms, but not entirely uncomfortable, like background noise,” Tara said.

Giles and Rowan looked at one another, and Rowan nodded at Giles. “Girls, would you humor me, and would one of you try to open the book for us?”

Tara and Willow reached for the book together, pulling it towards them to rest between them on the table. They both stared at the worn leather of the cover that if it had at one time had anything embossed on it, had long ago faded away. With one last glance shared between them, Tara tried to open the book.

Everyone seemed to be holding their breath, and watched as the book opened easily in front of Willow and Tara. Giles and Rowan looked at one another. Giles reached over and closed the book with one finger.

“Willow, would you humor me and try to open the book?” he asked.

With a nod and a quick glance at Tara, Willow picked up the book, and holding each side, pulled the cover apart, opening it somewhere in the middle. Giles and Rowan looked at each other again, and Rowan smiled.

Willow handed the book to Giles; he looked at the page and shook his head, passing the book off to Rowan. Rowan turned a few pages, examining them, and then passed the book to Dana. Dana glanced at the two pages facing her, and shook her head. Dana handed the book back to Willow, who glanced at the page and the text on it, setting the book between Tara and herself.

“Well, Giles what is it?” Willow asked.

Giles looked at Rowan before he removed his glasses and sucked on one of the arms for a moment. “Rowan, would you tell us all what you saw when you looked at the book?”

“The pages I looked at were completely blank,” Rowan said softly as she looked around the group.

Giles nodded, “They were for me as well, nothing more than empty parchment.”

Tara and Willow looked at one another again. They both looked down at the book. Tara sat back in her chair and crossed her arms over her chest, as her face darkened with concern. Willow opened her mouth, and then snapped it shut and looked at the book again.

“Giles, it’s plain as day, I can see the text here. Tara, baby, what do you see?” Willow asked as her voice rose an octave.

“I can see the text, too, love. What language do you see it in?” Tara asked. “What dead language would you consider to be your strongest suit?”

“Well, I’m good at Sumerian, but better at Latin. What do you see?” Willow asked her voice now getting small as she started to get worried.

Tara leaned forward again to look at the text, and flipped a few pages. “I see some Irish Gaelic and some Latin too. Will, read this paragraph here and tell us what you see and in what language,” Tara urged.

“O-okay,” Willow looked hesitantly at Tara, then at the spot marked by her finger. “It – it’s part of a joining spell, but for a lot of people – so they unite power. It’s in Latin, what do you see?”

“I see a spell that joins power among a group of warriors for battle, it’s in Latin,” Tara said sitting back in the chair, looking at Rowan and Giles.

“Giles, what does this mean?” Willow asked.

Before Giles could answer, Tara cut him off. “I told you Willow, the book is ours, and we’re responsible for it now.”

Pointing his glasses at her, Giles asked in surprise, “So you knew when you gave it to me?”

Tara shook her head and looked evenly at Giles. “We didn’t know for sure, but we did talk about it on the way back here. I just got this feeling, Giles. I had no idea it wouldn’t open for you, much less appear to be blank. My mother told me about books like this when I was a child. Books written by witches or covens of great strength, or in this case, extracted from witches, if what you told us about its origin is true. Mama told me that throughout history they would only surface when they were needed and only work for certain predestined witches; it’s some sort of built-in safety measure, my mother thought they were just myth, and so did I.”

“Well my dears, it would appear that the myth it isn’t, and to my knowledge, these types of books only present themselves to witches of great power or during unusual times of need. So, it would seem, that you two are destined to be the witches to wield this book in this time of need,” Rowan intoned. “Its arrival seems to be incredibly fortuitous, since you’ll both be initiated and returning to Sunnydale.”

“Yes, we’ll be going back along with the young lady you met last week, Rowan,” Giles remarked. “The girls have agreed – to at least for whatever they are needed for in Sunnydale – to form a coven.”

“Miss Harrison will be a wonderful addition, then,” Rowan said with a smile. “Girls, you are as ready as I can possibly make you. You have such greatness between you, and I have no doubts in either of you.”

“Thank you, My Lady,” Willow acknowledged.

“My Lady, your faith in us is reassuring, honestly, but that doesn’t make me any less apprehensive about what we’ll be facing. We have no idea what we’re going up against,” Tara said quietly.

Dana, who had watched everything in silence, finally spoke, “My Lady, I plan to accompany them. I know I hadn’t mentioned this before, but I feel it’s – my duty shall we say – to be a part of whatever this will be.”

Everyone looked at Dana in surprise. Rowan simply nodded her acceptance as she reached out for Dana’s hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. “Of course you will, Sister.”

“Thank you, Dana, it means a lot to me – to us – that you want to come, but are you sure you know what you’re getting into?” Tara asked.

With a wry smile, Dana looked at both Willow and Tara. “Someone’s got to keep an eye on you two. Making kissy face all the time won’t get anything done.”

Willow smiled reluctantly, taking Tara’s hand, she snarked right back at Dana. “Don’t make me ‘sic’ her on you, Sparky; she’s already threatened to short you out once today,” Tara smirked and looked at Dana with an arched eyebrow.

“Well, then that’s settled,” said Giles. “More about, Miss Harrison then; I’ve already mentioned to you both that she’s a hereditary green witch. Better than she gives herself credit for, I might add. Since you plan to accompany us, Dana, perhaps you can work with her on the other aspects of the craft she may not have been privy to, due to her lack of formal training?”

Dana nodded, while Willow scowled. Giles seemed to ignore Willow’s look as he continued to talk.

“She has some herbs she plans to bring with her, so I thought she and I might drive back to Sunnydale to accommodate whatever it is she would like to bring with her. She says she has quite the selection of herbs, so I thought we could go through them before we left and bring the best with us,” Giles continued excitedly. “You three can fly back if you like, or join us.”

Willow snorted disgustedly, and by now had slouched in her seat with arms crossed, trying unsuccessfully not to look sullen.

“Willow, dear, whatever is the matter?” Giles asked.

“We sort of…’know’ Claude,” she said through clenched teeth.

“Will,” Tara admonished. With a loud sigh, she continued, “Yes, we both know Claude – she would be the one Dana and Willow picked up coming back in from town before I arrived,” Tara admitted. “I also knew her, and her mother as a teenager, her mother and mine were friends and practiced together some…and we dated briefly before I left for Sunnydale.”

Dana started to guffaw. “Wait – she’s the one that just showed up that day and offered you the cabin when we gave her the ride, right? So she’s Tara’s ex and she hit on you, Will? Oh, that’s just good stuff, guys,” Dana continued to laugh.

Willow shot Dana a thoroughly irritated look. “I think I just might join you both for training this afternoon, Sparky.” Hearing this Dana sobered up quickly, knowing what a handful the pair would be after all the teasing, regardless of how good natured it was.

Rowan covered her mouth with her hand as she chuckled at the situation, coughing lightly before she looked seriously at the girls. “This won’t be an issue, will it girls?” she asked gently.

“No, My Lady,” they both replied.

“She’s harmless really, and we’ve only seen her twice, one being the day she was here to meet with Giles. She hasn’t pushed anything – she wouldn’t. She really is a nice girl,” Tara said in Claude’s defense, even though Willow shot her a look she chose to ignore.

Removing his glasses quickly to clean them vigorously, Giles muttered, “Oh, dear Lord.”

TBC…

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic (AU/Slight Canon) Dry Heat Chapter 28 10/29/11
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:15 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 2
DIBS!!!

Yay this was an interesting chapter. A few twists in it, LOVE IT!!!

Quote:
I think that’s a good idea, baby. I don’t think there is going to be any such thing as over prepared.

Willow is so right, never be too over prepared. Always go above and beyond to stay safe. Love that she brought it up.
Quote:
Willow scooted down the bed just a little so she could rest her head over Tara’s heart and listen to the steady rhythm against her ear, while Tara rested her hand over Willow’s heart. Both could feel the beats that were as sure as the tides, and just as soothing to their souls. Fingertips skimmed gently over warm skin, as they lay in each other’s arms, simply basking in the nearness of the other.

I love these moments, the softness and caring, makes my heart flutter :love

Quote:
“Yes, it is a she, her name is Claudia Adams. Her mother was quite an accomplished green witch, it seems, and while it doesn’t appear that Claudia has practiced, she has quite some talent of her own. I think someone that can grow spell ingredients in a matter of days will be of great use to you,” Giles finished just as the kettle began to whistle.

Both girls sat with the jaws agape. Looking at each other before looking back at Giles, Tara was the first to recover. “Giles, tell me this is a joke.”

Oh boy, one thing to say it might be so on so they met briefly, but Claudia, this should get interesting.

Quote:
“What do you smell on this sheet Willow? It’s us – me and you, our lovemaking. Just a few hours ago I told you there’s nothing better than loving and being loved by you, and I meant it. I’m only going to say this once, and then never again, so hear me loud and clear. I love you, and I have absolutely no interest in Claude or anyone else, whatsoever,” Tara snapped the sheet loose from the bed and whipped it around Willow pulling her close so they were face to face, wrapped in the scent of their lovemaking, and making it so Willow couldn’t move away from her. “You’re mine, and don’t you ever forget it. She could dance naked all day, every day and it would still be you I want. You’re mine, just like I’m yours – do you hear me?” Tara kissed Willow ravenously, the force making Willow respond.

Woohooo go Tara, show Willow exactly how it is!!!! Love it when Tara takes charge!

Quote:
Before Giles could answer, Tara cut him off. “I told you Willow, the book is ours, and we’re responsible for it now.”

Pointing his glasses at her, Giles asked in surprise, “So you knew when you gave it to me?”

Hehe Tara is usually right, and Giles should be used to them knowing things by now.

Quote:
Dana started to guffaw. “Wait – she’s the one that just showed up that day and offered you the cabin when we gave her the ride, right? So she’s Tara’s ex and she hit on you, Will? Oh, that’s just good stuff, guys,” Dana continued to laugh

Apparently Sparky can't keep her mouth shut, looks like training later will be one interesting session since Willow decided to join them.

Great Great Job!!!! Lovin' it and I so want to see the training session now, and see how they will get along with Claudia. Keep it up!

~AS~

A Proposal Plan, A Star's Second Chance
Finey_McFine's Fan club http://finey-mcfinefanclub.webs.com/

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13
http://www.astronsoulfanfictions.com/
http://astronsoulfanfic.tripod.com/twilight/

Last edited by AstronSoul on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic (AU/Slight Canon) Dry Heat Chapter 29 11/13/11
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:42 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... I truly truly hope that Claude doesn't cause too much problems... I kinda hope she hooks up with Sparky... Interesting development on the Book front...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:11 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I knew Claude was going to be an issue sooner or later...Question is, will she do more harm than good? Great update. I don't always leave feedback. But, I have been reading this story faithfully and am really enjoying it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:14 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 15
Nah, Claude's not gonna be any trouble.
Even if she dances naked n front of Tara for the afternoon. :blush
Considering what the girls have been through, and are still together, she's got no show.
And i don't think she's enough of an ass to try anything on purpose.

Wllow's insecurities might cause trouble: "Ooo I'm awful, you deserve to be with someone better..."
but i don't see it. except for the odd knee-jerk flash, i mean they're still human after all.
They've grown.

Plus a face full of sheet should get the point across fairly eloquently.

Now lets get these two back to Sunnydale, i wanna dose of tear-filled reunion and snuggles!
Though if we don't have a chapter or two of road-trip hijinks, you're missing out on a great story chance. :bounce
4 girls, trapped in a car for hours or days, poor Giles caught in the middle. weird locals. Awesome.

Looking forward to the next bit.

R

My Story: Coming Home

Last edited by Azirahael on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:45 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hi Heather!

Quote:
Tara awoke several hours later with a start, she had been dreaming, and as the gossamer threads began to slip away, she could only remember the howls of rage, fear and the taste of her own blood in her mouth. She tried to lie still while she calmed her racing heart, staring at the ceiling and trembling.
I like this description: short, visceral and effective. You don't know the details, you don't need to, it's ominous and scary; that's all you need to know. Adding the touch of Tara biting her tongue underscores the dream's power.

Quote:
I love how you write their loving times together. Not only the sex, but the day to day tenderness and humor between them. :love

The book . . . very suspenseful on what is in it and how it will be used. Like Dana a LOT - she's funny and a great foil for them. AND Claude, stroke of brilliance bringing her in - visions of a lesbian soap opera . . . :lol

Let's face it, there is a LOT of excitement heading their way, I think Giles sums it up best:
Quote:
Removing his glasses quickly to clean them vigorously, Giles muttered, “Oh, dear Lord.”
:rofl :laugh :lmao

GREAT chapter, eager for more! :bounce :dumbo :bounce

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:10 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Heather,

Just dropping a short note to say that I love the storytelling in this chapter and I echo all the comments above.

Looking forward to more!

Remodeling: The Reconstruction of Tara Maclay / W/T Potpourri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:00 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

OK, so I feel like I've finally recovered enough from the previous chapter to give you some real feedback for a change. :p

I have to say, I think this might very well be my favorite chapter in the entire story. It was fun, flirty and Take charge Tara was at her sexy best. So, what's not to love? Sure there's foreboding, intrigue and now an ex-girlfriend thrown into the mix, but the way you seamlessly stitched it all together was magnificent. I knew Claude would be back to cause a kink in the armor. She is in no way a threat, obviously, but I'm sure her mere presence will cause a bit of tension...as we've already gotten a taste of, lol. Jealous Willow is at her best and I'm sure this little attitude will intensify when Claude is around 24/7.

The banter between the girls and Dana was really great. I love her as a bf for them both, but especially for Willow. It always seemed to me that Willow came through for Buffy 110% of the time with her bf duties, but it never was the other way around. I remember watching the series for the first time and thought, "Wow, one day Willow is going to beat the living snot out of Buffy." LOL

Anyway, wonderful update! I really loved how you've developed their relationship throughout this story. I finally feel like they're where they should be and can move forward together. ;-)

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:39 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Great update. Looking forward to see how Willow will react when Calude shows up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:58 pm 
8. Vixen

AstronSoul - Congratulations on your dibs! Yes, a few twists here, a few twists there but they're all in the effort to move forward and get the girls to Sunnydale.

Lol, you know, I don't think I have ever heard a negative reaction to Tara taking charge, especially not here on the kb! We all know Tara is intuitive, so trusting what she feels is second nature for her, now we have to get everyone else one board. ;)

The drama that's cause by Claude's presence is fun to play with, but like Tara said - she really is harmless.

Dana aka "Sparky" is fun to write, the good-natured teasing - that kind of affectionate ribbing - lots of fun for me.

Thanks for commenting!

zampsa19752001 - Glad you enjoy this little installment. You'd like to see Dana & Claude? Well, Dana is a few years older than the girls, & I actually have plans for Claude in Sunnydale and romantic don't really factor in, but I'll keep that floating around.

Thanks for reading!

Grimm - Hi! :bigwave

Is Claude going to do more harm than good? I can't answer that w/o giving things away, so I'm afraid you'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Glad you stopped by.

Azirahael

I think you're the first to bring up Willow's own insecurities might cause issues down the road - good spot on your part! But don't our insecurities cause problems for us all? What about Tara's?

Lol - a face full of sheet... maybe I'll make that a running joke between them, I kind of like that...

Sorry, no wacky road trip (for some reason I hear the chase music from Benny Hill - don't ask).

Thanks Richard!

Julie!!!!!

You're right Giles did sum it up nicely, didn't he?

The real lesbian drama won't start until we get the girls to Sunnydale - I have plans that, at least for me, are highly entertaining. You'll also see some very "un-Tara like" behavior from our Tara - it's gonna be so much fun!

I'm glad you're enjoying it my friend. :kiss

True_Love

Thanks for stopping by & I'm glad you're enjoying the story!

Shelby,

You needed that much time to cool off? LMAO that is awesome!

Jealousy does interesting things to people doesn't it? What will it do to our girls? hmmm

Lol, Shelby, I have to kind of agree with you on the Buffy as Willow's bf point you bring up. That's when you have to wonder how much credit you can give Joss for having foresight and the whole Dark Willow/Buffy brawl and the "you need every square in of you ass kicked" (which really is a great line, but that's neither here nor there). Somehow I just don't think he set all of that up, that's me...

Quote:
I really loved how you've developed their relationship throughout this story. I finally feel like they're where they should be and can move forward together.

:bow Thank you, that's such a wonderful compliment.

I'm glad I've been able to keep you interested.

love_2003

Your wish is my command....

Lol, I hope you like what I do in the next chapter, and as always, thanks for commenting.

POST DIRECTLY BELOW

Post subject: New Fic (AU/Slight Canon) Dry Heat Chapter 30 11/27/11
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:51 pm 
8. Vixen

Chapter Thirty

Angst Rating: PG-13 and you might need a hanky.

Disclaimer: I in no way, shape or form own the characters from BtVS, they’re owned by Joss Whedon/Mutant Enemy. All original characters are in no way connected to them except by me in this forum. No money is involved this is simply for my own pleasure.

Feedback: If you have a moment and the inclination, drop a line.

Author’s Notes: I'd like to thank my betas for this chapter Julie aka Ariel and Richard aka Azirahael. Part of this chapter would not have come out as well without a conversation I had with Julie, I owe you for that Julie, thank you so much! This maybe another of the lighter chapters, especially as they will get fewer and farther between, and perhaps it’s an odd conversation I have our girls have, but for some reason felt possessed to broach the subject. Then again maybe I was just a sappy hormonal, pms-ing mess – and maybe that’s TMI. Music this chapter: Noel Gallagher “Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds”, Nero “Welcome Reality” (Deluxe Edition), and Sara Bareilles “Kaleidoscope Heart”.

In the morning it comes, heaven sent a hurricane
Not a trace of the sun but I don't even run from rain
Beating out of my chest, my heart is holding on to you
From the moment I knew
From the moment I knew

You are the air in my breath filling up my love soaked lungs
Such a beautiful mess intertwined and overrun
Nothing better than this, oh, and then the storm can come
You feel just like the sun
Just like the sun

And if you say we'll be alright
I'm gonna trust you, babe
I'm gonna look in your eyes
I'll follow you into the light

Never mind what I knew, nothing seems to matter now
Ooh, who I was without you, I can do without
No one knows where it ends, how it may come tumbling down
But I'm here with you now
I'm with you now

Let the world come rush in
Come down hard, come crushing
All I need is right here beside me
I'm not enough, I swear it
But take my love and and wear it over your shoulders

A worse for wear Dana walked into the kitchen followed by a smug looking Willow and Tara. She headed for one of the large refrigerators and pulled out several bottles of water, immediately guzzling one down.

“You guys suck, let me just mention that one more time,” she said between gulps. “I think I have frost bite on the toes of my left foot, and I know I have a large blister on my ass from you Willow,” she groused, pulling at the singed and blackened hole in the seat of her jeans and giving the pair a thoroughly irritated glare.

Willow reached for one of the bottles only to have Dana swat her hand away, and pull the others in close. “Get your own.”

Tara started to laugh. “Hey, you gave as good as you got, and you know it, Sparky. This shirt is ruined and that’s all your doing,” She said pointing to the missing sleeve of one arm.

Snickering slightly, Willow added, “We just came out of it a little better this time.”

Opening her third bottle of water and drinking more slowly now, Dana shot right back, “I don’t want to hear it. May the Goddess help anything that comes up against the likes of you two even on a good day!” Quickly putting the two already empty bottles in the recycling, she grabbed the fourth bottle and stomped out of the kitchen followed by the sounds of laughter.

Willow opened the door and bent over to peer into the refrigerator, the squealed when she felt a finger stroke the skin of one of her butt cheeks. “Hey!” She turned around to find Tara right behind her.

Tara laughed wickedly. “It appears you have a hole in your jeans too,” she said wrapping her arms around Willow. “And in a very interesting spot, will you bend over some more for me?” She asked and let one of her hands wander back down to play with the hole.

Giggling, Willow rubbed her hands on Tara’s upper arms, and raised an eyebrow. “You only want me for my body; I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to figure you out.”

Leaning in to kiss her neck, Tara purred, “Baby, it’s not just your body I’m after,” she massaged Willow’s bottom, playing with the hole in her jeans. “But it certainly doesn’t hurt that you’re in such a delightful little package.”

Willow threw her head back and laughed. “You’re awful, missy…I like it!” she said smiling at Tara.

Tara smiled back before she stole a kiss. “Mmm, are you hungry? Looks like H & H doesn’t apply just to Slayers. I’m starving,” Tara leered at Willow.

“How do you know about Hungry & Horny?” Willow asked surprised.

“Willow, please, I lived with Buffy for almost two years, Xander has bad habit of putting his foot in his big mouth, Dawn eggs Xander on to put that foot in his big mouth, and Anya is my best friend.” Tara pulled back to look at Willow. “Honey, I may be nice, but I’m not naïve or innocent,” Tara leered at Willow again and let her hands wander over her back and bottom. “You should know that by now, sweetie.”

Willow’s breath caught as Tara’s wandering hands were working a magic all their own. “Baby…uh…I just didn’t think that phrase would have come up, it’s kind of a ‘Faith’ thing…” Willow pressed herself into Tara, staring at her mouth, and started to rub herself lightly against her. “I didn’t mean to imply that you’re naïve and I do know you’re not innocent…” Willow lunged forward and caught Tara in a passionate kiss.

They pulled apart with a pop at the sound of a discreet cough, to find Marisol stand in the doorway blushing lightly.

“You two may want to, uh, take it to your rooms,” she said good-naturedly.

“Sorry, Marisol, we got a little carried away,” Willow said as both she and Tara blushed. “We were just going to make something to eat. Are you hungry?” she said as she moved away from Tara.

“How’s Bunny?” Tara asked trying to steer them away from having been caught making out by some unsuspecting coven member – again – and not the first time by Marisol.

“I just came for a drink, and he’s good. Funny you should ask about him, he asked about both of you, but you specifically Tara. He said he hadn’t seen the two of you in a week or so, and quote ‘wants to know where his bitches are’ unquote,” she had made the little quotation signs with her fingers before she paused to laugh for a moment.

Tara nodded and smiled brightly. “Oh, he’s whining again, it’s not like we haven’t seen him or anything. I guess we should go see him before we leave. Do you think we could take a trip into the city tomorrow, Will? He’s being such a drama queen.”

Marisol laughed and nodded. “Of course he is, but I wouldn’t trade my baby brother for anything.”

“Although sometimes he knows exactly what to say when you need to hear it most; that’s a very wonderful gift to have.” Tara remarked with a wistful smile.

Willow cocked her head to one side as she looked over her shoulder at Tara, her expression questioning. Tara just smiled at Willow, and she nodded, going back to pulling out sandwich stuffs.

Marisol was mixing tea and lemonade together in a glass, nodding as she replied, “He always has, even when we were kids,” with a chuckle and a shake of her head she said, “Hey! He said he is going to come by tomorrow and go riding with me. You’re welcome to join us again. I’m beginning to think he comes out here more to see you two than me.”

“That would be great. What time?” Tara asked.

“He’s coming early while it’s still cool, he’s going to be here at seven,” snickering a little Marisol continued. “Would that be too early for you?”

Blushing to the tips of her ears, Tara answered, “No, I think I can make it.”

“Good, I’ll let Bunny know tonight, and we’ll see you in the morning. Will you be coming too, Willow?” Marisol asked.

Willow snorted as she pushed a stuffed sandwich in front of Tara. “Not likely. They’re all with the big, and the bitey…um that would most definitely be a ‘no’.”

Marisol just looked at Willow for a moment. “Okay then. Goodnight, girls.” And with that she left the kitchen.

Tara was scarfing up her sandwich, and giggling at Willow as she ate. She paused between mouthfuls, “I could teach you to ride, sweetie. I promised to once before, remember? This could be our chance.”

Willow eyed Tara suspiciously. “How about I just make you breakfast when you get back, and you go play with the big, bitey ponies? That sounds a lot better to me, safer, I like that plan a lot. Don’t you, baby? You like my hands, and they’re attached to my arms, so you know, gotta have those, right?”

Tara laughed and shook her head. “This is your one get out of jail free card, okay? We’ll start out slowly, but it can wait if you promise me.”

Willow smiled brightly and kissed her cheek. “I promise, have I told you I love you lately?”

Tara cocked an eyebrow. “That won’t get you out of your promise Willow, but no you haven’t. I love you too, sweetie.” She winked at Willow and continued to eat.

Several hours later, lying naked and sweaty in each other’s arms with satisfied grins plastered on their faces, Willow pulled back and looked deeply into Tara’s eyes. She looked like she might say something, then changed her mind and shifted back into place.

“Sweetie, what were you about to say?” Tara asked.

“Nothing, it’s nothing, baby,” Willow said.

“Willow, you know I love the way your mind works, and I can tell there’s something you want to ask, so ask.”

Willow sighed, “It’s silly, really.”

“If it’s silly then share it with me,” Tara said propping herself up on one arm to look up at Willow.

“Baby, do you think we have too much sex?” Willow asked sincerely.

Tara chuckled, but then saw Willow was serious. “You ask me this after we just had sex?”

Willow shrugged sheepishly. “Well, I don’t really have anything to compare it to, I mean my only other relationship it wasn’t as…consuming as it is with you. It’s like I crave you, and sometimes if I could just sink right into your bones I would be only too happy to do it.”

Willow shifted so she could sit up and face Tara. With a gentle stroke of her cheek, she continued, “I guess I’m afraid you’ll think that it’s all that it is, just sex.”

Tara sat up, and took Willow’s hand in hers, entwining their fingers. “Will, where is this coming from?”

Willow shrugged again and wouldn’t look at her. “I dunno, it just seems like we’re always being ‘caught’ fooling around, and I know we’re young and kinda supposed to be a little sex obsessed, but it’s not just sex to me…” Willow trailed off and looked away.

Cocking her head to one side, Tara studied Willow, choosing her words carefully. “To answer your question, no, I don’t think we do. I think we have just the right amount for us. I think every relationship is different; I don’t have a lot of experience either Will, but I kind of think there are different…categories of sex, you know?”

Willow shook her head as she finally looked at Tara again. They sat with the sheet swaddled around their hips, naked from the waist up.

“I think we’re lucky, Will, we have them all. Sometimes we’re slow, sweet, and tender and it nurtures our relationship, sometimes we’re passionate, soul shaking and deep – it bonds us, and other times its hot, sexy, and raunchy, just plain…fucking. But it’s always lovemaking; I’m always, always making love to you. No matter how we need it to be right in that moment. It’s never casual or careless. That’s where I think we’re lucky, we have them all, we can bring all those aspects together, we can use toys or play games and experiment, or not. It can be just about getting each other off, or it can be a way that we get closer to one another. Do I make more sense now?”

Willow smiled shyly, “Yeah, you do, my beautiful girl. I guess, I guess I’m afraid that sometimes the intensity of it – my intensity – would be overwhelming for you.”

Tara smiled her easy lop sided grin, eyes sparkling. “Will, I get what you mean about craving you. Sometimes I just need to have my hands all over you and it’s like an imperative – like breathing – so sometimes I think we do melt into each other a little bit.”

Willow nodded. “It’s like I left part of me with you and took part of you with me… a happy little exchange… or a little gift for each other. So it doesn’t bother you?”

“Does what bother me?”

“That we seem to be caught in pda’s – a lot?”

Tara fell into a fit of giggles, and after she got herself under control she looked at Willow, who simply looked confused.

Arching an eyebrow and exhaling, Tara answered matter of factly, “You know, Will, at one point it would have, even not so long ago, and I would have been more embarrassed about it. But I love you, and I know everyone here at the Grove is very accepting of us, the Scoobies love us and we may – no, undoubtedly will at some point – run into those that aren’t as accepting, but I’m not going to let that make me hide. I’ve done enough hiding, I spent almost twenty years hiding, and I think that’s plenty long enough. Love is love, in all its many joyful forms, and I want to be joyful with you.” She smiled at Willow, and kissed the palm of one of the hands she was holding.

“Will, you have to remember we’re also still kind of in our ‘honeymoon phase’, granted for the third time, but we have…unusual circumstances. Sweetie, I love you, I love what we do together in bed or out. I want us to be affectionate with each other – I want that for us always.”

Willow was quiet for a moment, as her mind began to race she pulled her hands back, twisting the sheet in her fingers. “Tara, I didn’t have a lot of physical affection growing up. My parents were gone more often than not, and neither have ever been very ‘touchy’ people. I guess I’m afraid of being too much, of needing you too much.” Willow closed her eyes and sighed deeply. “I don’t want to be that kind of girlfriend. I know we’re just starting again, but I want to do it right this time, I want this to be the last time because it’s forever.” She shrugged helplessly and dropping her head to stare at her hands.

“Willow, sweetie,” Tara put a finger under Willow’s chin. “Let’s just agree now that you didn’t get enough touching, and I got the wrong kind, okay? We can’t fix that, we can’t make up for – not really – and while I don’t see myself ever getting tired of the level of affection we share, I can promise to be honest with you. As long as we’re forthright with what we’re feeling, keep talking and being open with one another, we’ll be alright.”

“Baby, do you remember when I told you about my nightmares?” Willow murmured, and Tara nodded.

Willow licked her lips nervously, the sparkle in her eyes dimming as she grew somber. “The one that truly makes me fearful isn’t the Warren-mare, baby, it’s the one where I hold you in my arms while you die. Tara, honey, that strikes fear in my heart.” Willow had subconsciously started tying little knots into the sheet as her distress continued to grow.

“I couldn’t stand to lose you, and you’re here, you’re really really here and now I’m terrified. I’m afraid I’ll do something that pushes you away after you’ve accepted so much, but what’s your limit? Everyone has one, when will I be too much for you? When will I lose you?” Willow’s voice kept rising in pitch and she grew more frantic as she finally began to pour out her heart. Shaking her head she continued, “I can’t, I just can’t, not again. It would be too much; I just couldn’t stand it, Tara. Not this time, if you leave, then there would be nothing left of me, it would be more than I can bear, Tara. I, I just can’t…”

Tara gathered Willow to her quickly, laying them both down and sheltering Willow safely in her arms, not able to endure watching Willow’s heartache grow anymore. “Shh, shh, sweet love,” she said trying to soothe Willow who had began to shake and cry. “Willow, love, it’s okay, shh.” Tara began to rub small circles on her back to try to calm her. Hearing the heartbreak in Willow as she sobbed, Tara couldn’t help but cry with her lover in sympathy.

When Willow was finally all cried out, Tara spoke to her softly. “Willow, I can’t promise nothing will ever happen to me, that would be foolish. And you’re right, everyone does have their limits, but you can’t push me away – I won’t let you.” Tara stroked Willow’s hair. “In the last few months we’ve been together again, have I given you any reason to doubt that I love you? That I want to be with you? That I don’t return your affections just as intensely?” she asked.

Having calmed down to occasional hiccups and sniffles, Willow shook her head against Tara and in between hiccups replied, “No.”

“Will, I have a… profound need for you in my life, you are imbedded so deeply in me, that I would move heaven and earth to get to you. Willow, I waited for you without even knowing if I should! Now that I know that for sure, without a doubt you want me, there’s nothing that could keep me from you. Cling to me, need me, want me, love me, oh my Willow… there’s nothing in this life or the next that could keep me away from you.” Pulling back Tara tipped Willow’s chin up and kissed her passionately.

Parting for air, Willow searched Tara’s face before whispering, “Tara, I just get so scared sometimes.” Willow hiccuped.

“It’s okay to be scared, just talk to me, Willow. I want you to bring your fears and burdens to me, and I’ll do the same. That’s all part of being in a working relationship, right? We lean on one another; we strive together so we can be something better than we would be otherwise, okay?” Tara said as she stroked Willow’s cheek tenderly.

Willow nodded, leaning into Tara’s touch. Tara covered Willow’s face in warm, gentle kisses. Holding Willow tightly so their bodies were pressed flush, Willow’s hiccups faded away as her breathing grew even, and Tara thought she had fallen asleep.

With a sniffle Willow reached for the sheets and pulled them up around their bodies. Nestling back into Tara’s embrace, she whispered into Tara’s ear, “It’s me and you against the world, baby.”

Tara chuckled gently. “That’s right, sweet love, and we’re unstoppable.”

The following morning, just as she promised Willow had made breakfast, they were joined by Bunny and Marisol. They were chatting amiably about looking forward to their initiation ceremony that would happen the following night, and their return to Sunnydale.

Bunny sat sipping coffee, his plate almost empty. “Well, my little darlings, will we be losing you forever? Or do you plan to come back?” he asked.

Willow was shoveling omelet into her mouth, and swallowed hastily. “Well, I don’t think we have really made a decision yet. We have some things to take care of in Sunnydale, right baby?” She said as she looked at Tara and took a bite of toast.

“She’s right; we thought after everything’s taken care, and we’ll be done with school, we would make a decision on where we wanted to be,” Tara said with a smile, as she stroked Willow’s back while she ate.

“I don’t have to remind you, that you’ll always have a home here,” Marisol added, smiling fondly at them both.

Willow smiled around mouthfuls, and replied, “We know, and we love it here, everyone has been really great.”

Tara nodded as she sipped at the orange juice she and Willow were sharing, while she picked around her plate, pulling out a cheese covered mushroom. “We’ve talked about a few things, and we know we have options and here is one,” she shrugged. “Nothing’s set in stone, but even if here isn’t where we settle we’ll always come back to visit.” She said with a smile and popping the sticky mushroom into her mouth.

Bunny sniffed disgustedly and eyed them both. “I see how it is.”

Willow and Tara looked at one another and then back at Bunny blankly.

“You bitches are gonna run back to California, and forget all about Bunny, I can see it now.” Feigning hurt Bunny rested his hand against his heart while he spoke as though he was truly wounded.

Willow laughed loudly, and Tara just gaped at him. “Bitches?” she said.

Mmmhmm, carry your fine asses back to wherever it is you’re from. Bon voyage,” he said with a dramatic wave of his hand. “It’s not like the girls here don’t need some new eye candy, and trust me some of the sisters here are just plain scary, but fine, don’t worry about little ol’ me.” He said with a snap of his fingers, the mirth in his voice barely concealed.

Tara point directly at him and with a raised eyebrow shot back, “If anyone is being a bitch it’s you, so stop your whining, we haven’t even left yet. You know that you would be welcome wherever we decide to be. Marisol, did he completely miss our conversation when we rode this morning, because I could have sworn he was there.”

Willow guffawed and shook her head, and mumbled, “Oh, you pissed her off now,” as she continued to wolf down her omelet.

“I am so not getting in between the two of you; you’ve been at it all morning. I don’t know what has gotten into you both. Tara you’re normally so sweet – well, when your face isn’t stuck to this one’s,” Marisol jerked her thumb towards Willow. “They’ve been fighting like brother and sister all morning!”

Tara and Bunny both turned to Marisol and said in unison, “Like sisters.”

I cooked, so don’t drag me into whatever you guys have been up to this morning,” Willow pleaded and waved her fork around.

“Bitch please, you’re just as guilty,” Bunny teased. “I thought we were tight.”

“Bunny, I…” Willow’s eyes widened comically as she started to sputter, but Bunny held up his hand cutting her off, then turned away to sip delicately at his coffee again, pinky raised.

Tara burst out laughing, and soon everyone around the table was laughing to the point of tears. Bunny was waving his napkin, trying to fan himself and Marisol had her head in her hands. Willow and Tara wiped at their eyes with their napkins.

“Bunny, sweetie, I will miss you, that’s for sure,” Tara said as she wiped at her tears.

Willow nodded. “We mean it though, you are both more than welcome wherever we end up, and we do expect visits.” She said drying her eyes.

“Wild horses couldn’t keep me away from my girls,” Bunny said sincerely, as he reached for one of each of their hands.

Bright, but faintly sad smiles were shared between the three of them, and as the moment passed so did that topic of conversation as everyone finished their breakfast.

Everyone helped clean up after breakfast was done, and then the foursome left the kitchen heading towards the main entrance, to see Bunny and Marisol off. As the group entered they saw Giles and Rowan together talking to another person not immediately visible.

Bunny pulled Willow into a long heartfelt hug, and he turned to Tara and opened his arms. Stepping into his arms, they both started to get a little emotional.

“No tears, darling. Do you remember what I told after I cut your hair?” Bunny whispered to Tara.

Tara nodded. “That I’m beautiful, and strong, and I don’t ever have to hide again.” She said as a tear slipped down her cheek.

Pulling back to look at her, Bunny smiled. “Exactly,” he wiped away Tara’s tear. “We are a special breed, you and I, so we can’t let each other forget how special we are. I know what I know, and I know I may never see you both again once you leave, darling.”

Tara started to refute Bunny’s words, but he just held up his hand. “Little Sister, Marisol may have the more obvious gifts, but I have my own. Just know that you are loved and it will be hard. I want you to promise me that you won’t believe the words of something you can’t touch, okay?”

Tara nodded, and they held each other again briefly. Bunny opened the circle of his arms to Willow and the three stood for a moment in a group hug. Finally letting each other go, Bunny pulled away and watched as Willow and Tara stayed in each other’s arms.

He looked at Willow carefully. “Did you hear what I told her, Will?” she nodded. “It goes for you too, please be careful, won’t you?”

They both nodded again. Bunny cupped their cheeks and smiled brightly. “It’ll be worth it, it always is isn’t it? Love you.” Blowing them both kisses he left with Marisol.

Willow & Tara watched them depart, each with an arm around the other’s waist.

“I think he knows,” Tara said.

“It wouldn’t surprise me, baby. Marisol said he’s had dreams since they were children. So maybe he’s sensitive and getting some hints about what’s going to happen too,” Willow said quietly.

Tara just nodded, and they turned around but now they could see who the person Giles and Rowan had been talking to was. Willow stiffened for a moment, and with a deep breath relaxed again. Tara smiled and pressed a kiss to her cheek.

The little group stopped speaking and turned to Willow and Tara. Rowan, Giles and Claude stood before them.

“Girls, you both know Claudia Harrison,” Rowan said. “She’s going to be staying with us until everyone leaves for Sunnydale.”

“Hi, Claude,” Tara said with a smile.

“Hi,” Willow said tightly.

“Hi, guys,” Claude chirped brightly.

“Yes, we thought this would give us a good opportunity to decide what to bring with us to Sunnydale. Dana has decided to fly with you both, and Claudia and I will leave early enough that we all should arrive around the same time,” Giles informed them.

Pulling Tara closer to her, Willow said, “Good, so everything’s planned?”

Tara just smiled and rested her chin against Willow’s shoulder. Claude didn’t miss the possessive gesture, and dropped her head to hide her smile.

“Yes, preparations for your initiation are already in place for tomorrow evening, and I have left some instructions for you both at your suite, girls,” Rowan said with a smile. “Tara already learned so much from her mother; all we really had to do was get her up to speed in combat. It’s going to be wonderful to initiate you both.”

“Yes Tara, your mother was quite thorough in your training, from what I have been told,” Giles said as Willow smiled proudly.

Giving Tara an affectionate squeeze, Willow looked at her. “She always knew more than she gave herself credit for, so now she has the proof from someone other than me.”

“Yup, Tara was always with my mom and hers, so I know they taught her lots. Even when we were little kids she could do things I never could, so I just played out in the garden and watched her make flowers bloom with our moms, it was really neat to watch.” Claude said. “I remember after we watched Snow White she always tried to get a blue bird to sit on her finger.” Tara and Claude giggled.

“Yeah, that never quite happened did it?” Tara said. “You don’t give yourself enough credit either, Claude. You could make flowers bloom, and bring plants back to life. I know you and your mom both are ‘plant whisperers’.”

Claude’s eye’s twinkled with mirth as she laughed. “Gosh, I haven’t heard that in years. Do you remember that hedge we used to play in? I don’t know how many times we fell asleep under it and my mom would run us out of it.”

“I do, I even told Will about that hedge, it was something else,” Tara replied fondly with a nod. “How is your mom?”

Claude’s face fell a little and her smile turned sad. “I lost her last year,” she said softly.

Tara moved to put a hand on Claude’s arm. “Claude, I’m so sorry I didn’t know.”

“How could you? At least it was quick; she was killed in a car accident. This kid not even out of high school in one of those souped-up little cars that sound like a weed whacker on crack. He side swiped her and pushed her into an electrical pole. He wasn’t even hurt…walked away with only scratches.”

“Oh, Claude,” Tara said as she pulled her into a hug.

Willow shuffled her feet as she watched the whole exchange, meanwhile Rowan and Giles had quietly drifted away leaving the girls to chat amongst themselves. Tara pulled away from Claude and slipped her hand back into Willow’s as silence settled around them.

Claude smiled bitterly, and sighed heavily, “Dad’s still at the house and he still keeps her garden. I went home after I saw you both when I met Mr. Giles for lunch. He putters around, but I know he’s lonely. The house just doesn’t feel the same, you know?”

“What happened to the kid?” Willow asked curiously.

The muscle in Claude’s jaw jumped a few times as she gritted her teeth before answering her. “Nothing really, he got away with it. He was a minor so they took his license until he’s twenty-five, he had to do community service and attend classes. I don’t think it hurt that his family has money. I know they bought him out of any real punishment.”

Both girls gasped in shock. “Claude, that’s beyond unforgivable. I’m so sorry.” Willow said as she gave Claude’s arm a comforting squeeze.

“Well, enough about that,” Claude replied with a sniffle, rubbing at one of her eyes as she tried to hide the tears in her eyes. “Can you point me in the direction of Mr. Giles? We still need to talk plants,” She said as she tried to smile.

“Sure, why don’t we take you to Lady Rowan’s office? That’s probably where they disappeared to,” Willow offered with a sad smile of her own. “You should probably know where that is anyway, because if you have any questions and can’t find Giles, she would be your man…err lady, uh, you know what I mean.”

Tara picked up one of her bags and put one of her arms around Claude’s shoulders. “C’mon, you.”

Willow picked up the other, and gave Claude a sympathetic pat on the back. She sniffled again and nodded, letting herself be led. Walking abreast of one another they walked quietly through the halls to Rowan’s offices. Willow and Tara waited a few more minutes with Claude, until she calmed down, and then they left her outside the door to knock when she was ready.

Holding Willow’s hand tightly as they walked away, Tara looked back over her shoulder at Claude leaning against the wall and wiping her eyes.

“Will?” Tara whispered.

“What, baby?” Willow asked.

“Love you,” Tara answered looking at Willow meaningfully.

A ghost of a smile graced Willow’s mouth. “Love you too, baby.” She said wrapping her arm around Tara’s waist.

Without another word, both lost in their own thoughts, they made their way back to their suite.

TBC…

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:53 pm 
5. Willowhand

dibs!!!!!!! :pinky :pinky :pinky

Quote:
Opening her third bottle of water and drinking more slowly now, Dana shot right back, “I don’t want to hear it. May the Goddess help anything that comes up against the likes of you two even on a good day!” Quickly putting the two already empty bottles in the recycling, she grabbed the fourth bottle and stomped out of the kitchen followed by the sounds of laughter.

SO apparently the girls really did give Sparky a good run, hehe she should know when to rag on the girls and when not too.

Quote:
Willow’s breath caught as Tara’s wandering hands were working a magic all their own. “Baby…uh…I just didn’t think that phrase would have come up, it’s kind of a ‘Faith’ thing…” Willow pressed herself into Tara, staring at her mouth, and started to rub herself lightly against her. “I didn’t mean to imply that you’re naïve and I do know you’re not innocent…” Willow lunged forward and caught Tara in a passionate kiss.
They pulled apart with a pop at the sound of a discreet cough, to find Marisol stand in the doorway blushing lightly.
“You two may want to, uh, take it to your rooms,” she said good-naturedly.

Man does it get hot fast!!! I love the mention of H&H, and it not being just for slayers.
Marisol always seems to see them when they are just getting into something lol.

Quote:
“Baby, do you think we have too much sex?” Willow asked sincerely.
Tara chuckled, but then saw Willow was serious. “You ask me this after we just had sex

First off...SO WILLOW, and gees you would think by now she would get it.

Quote:
Tara sat up, and took Willow’s hand in hers, entwining their fingers. “Will, where is this coming from?”

I would like to know too, I mean yes Will can be random but c'mon...

Quote:
“I think we’re lucky, Will we have them all. Sometimes we’re slow, sweet, and tender and it nurtures our relationship, sometimes we’re passionate, soul shaking and deep – it bonds us, and other times its hot, sexy, and raunchy, just plain…fucking. But it’s always lovemaking; I’m always, always making love to you. No matter how we need it to be right in that moment. It’s never casual or careless. That’s where I think we’re lucky, we have them all, we can bring all those aspects together, we can use toys or play games and experiment, or not. It can be just about getting each other off, or it can be a way that we get closer to one another. Do I make more sense now?”
Willow smiled shyly, “Yeah, you do, my beautiful girl. I guess, I guess I’m afraid that sometimes the intensity of it – my intensity – would be overwhelming for you.”
Tara smiled her easy lop sided grin, eyes sparkling. “Will, I get what you mean about craving you. Sometimes I just need to have my hands all over you and it’s like an imperative – like breathing – so sometimes I think we do melt into each other a little bit.”

Tara is always good at explaining things ~sighs happily~

Quote:
Willow’s voice kept rising in pitch and she grew more frantic as she finally began to pour out her heart. Shaking her head she continued, “I can’t, I just can’t, not again. It would be too much; I just couldn’t stand it, Tara. Not this time, if you leave, then there would be nothing left of me, it would be more than I can bear, Tara. I, I just can’t…

This is where my heart breaks, even though Tara is right there, Willow's fear is very much right there too.

Quote:
“Will, I have a… profound need for you in my life, you are imbedded so deeply in me, that I would move heaven and earth to get to you. Willow, I waited for you without even knowing if I should! Now that I know that for sure, without a doubt you want me, there’s nothing that could keep me from you. Cling to me, need me, want me, love me, oh my Willow… there’s nothing in this life or the next that could keep me away from you.” Pulling back Tara tipped Willow’s chin up and kissed her passionately

awwwe I wanna cry now so touching. :sob :sob

Quote:
With a sniffle Willow reached for the sheets and pulled them up around their bodies. Nestling back into Tara’s embrace, she whispered into Tara’s ear, “It’s me and you against the world, baby.”

Sometimes I wonder if they know exactly how true that is....

Quote:
Tara point directly at him and with a raised eyebrow shot back, “If anyone is being a bitch it’s you, so stop your whining, we haven’t even left yet. You know that you would be welcome wherever we decide to be. Marisol, did he completely miss our conversation when we rode this morning, because I could have sworn he was there.”
Willow guffawed and shook her head, and mumbled, “Oh, you pissed her off now,” as she continued to wolf down her omelet.

I like how Willow is trying to stay out of it...

Quote:
“I cooked, so don’t drag me into whatever you guys have been up to this morning,” Willow pleaded and waved her fork around.
“Bitch please, you’re just as guilty,” Bunny teased. “I thought we were tight.”
“Bunny, I…” Willow’s eyes widened comically as she started to sputter, but Bunny held up his hand cutting her off, then turned away to sip delicately at his coffee again, pinky raised.
Tara burst out laughing, and soon everyone around the table was laughing to the point of tears. Bunny was waving his napkin, trying to fan himself and Marisol had her head in her hands. Willow and Tara wiped at their eyes with their napkins.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Quote:
Tara started to refute Bunny’s words, but he just held up his hand. “Little Sister, Marisol may have the more obvious gifts, but I have my own. Just know that you are loved and it will be hard. I want you to promise me that you won’t believe the words of something you can’t touch, okay?”

Grrr a passing mention of the First, I know our girls will get through it, but sometimes those bumps along the way are torture!!

Quote:
Pulling Tara closer to her, Willow said, “Good, so everything’s planned?”
Tara just smiled and rested her chin against Willow’s shoulder. Claude didn’t miss the possessive gesture, and dropped her head to hide her smile.

I love possessive Willow, but I can see why she is this way, I mean I would be a tad threatened (even if there was no point in it) with an Ex around, it's also human.

Quote:
Willow shuffled her feet as she watched the whole exchange, meanwhile Rowan and Giles had quietly drifted away leaving the girls to chat amongst themselves. Tara pulled away from Claude and slipped her hand back into Willow’s as silence settled around them.

At least she doesn't say anything, I mean Tara and Claude are friends, just hope Claude doesn't try anything.

I am sad for Claude, her mom being gone, but hopefully maybe just maybe this can be a new good family for her.

Quote:
“Will?” Tara whispered.
“What, baby?” Willow asked.
“Love you,” Tara answered looking at Willow meaningfully.
A ghost of a smile graced Willow’s mouth. “Love you too, baby.” She said wrapping her arm around Tara’s waist.

So sweet, a great way to end the chapter!!! I look forward to the next one!!!

:kdevil :kgeek

~AS~ :tumble

A Proposal Plan, A Star's Second Chance
Finey_McFine's Fan club http://finey-mcfinefanclub.webs.com/

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13
http://www.astronsoulfanfictions.com/
http://astronsoulfanfic.tripod.com/twilight/

Post subject: Re: New Fic (AU/Slight Canon) Dry Heat Chapter 30 11/27/11
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:07 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I love me some Bunny :lmao ! He's the only person who could call everyone in the room a bunch of bitches and then sip tea delicately, with pinky raised, and not get bitch slapped afterwards.

I'm a bit nervous about his statement of not seeing the girls again. But, alas this is pens. So, i'm assured of getting my happily ever after Willow and Tara ending. Bunny is probably my favorite o/c of any of the fics I have read. So, I really want him to survive. If you must kill someone....let it be Dawn..I could totally live with that :grin !

Poor Willow...I'm glad Tara was able to put her fears to rest, somewhat, by telling her that their need for eachother was 100% mutual.

I look forward to any shenanigans you have planned after the group arrives in Sunnyhell!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:18 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... Big lol for Sparky getting her ass literally blasted... I'm really glad that they talked about their fears and how they must talk about them to conquer them... I really really hope that the way Claude lost her mother doesn't cause her to use "Dark Side of the Force" to avenge her mother...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:38 pm 
9. Gay Now

See, that's what i enjoy most about this particular story over all the other Willow and Tara stories.

The maturity of Willow and Tara, where they REALLY talk about their problems.

Quote:
“Will, I have a… profound need for you in my life, you are imbedded so deeply in me, that I would move heaven and earth to get to you. Willow, I waited for you without even knowing if I should! Now that I know that for sure, without a doubt you want me, there’s nothing that could keep me from you. Cling to me, need me, want me, love me, oh my Willow… there’s nothing in this life or the next that could keep me away from you.”

This was the best, smartest, most mature and touching Tara to Willow moment i have ever read.
This should win some Kitten Gold medal or something. :kitten Gold Medal
Tara really speaks to the heart of Willows insecurities, i don't think i could love her more after this. :flower

Another thing i appreciate is how the girls actually react to the world they are living in: they live in a world of danger and are spellcasters, and they actually train for magical battle. It's great that they have the slayer to beat things, but having the only real magic-users in the crew train to use their magic? In battle? Awesome.

I am worried now. How are you going to top this?
How ever you do it sweetie, I'm looking forward to it. :bounce

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:39 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Heather,

Sparring, mmmm fun! fun! fun! Love the concept and also loved the strategic placement of trouser damage! :wink And Sparky downing water and swatting Willow's hand away was great! :clap

Completely agree with Azirahael on loving their mature love. (God, that sounds like a Geritol commercial! :laugh ) Seriously, though that's one of the things I love about this fic. A look at them as women who are fully committed to themselves and each other. Their love is intense in a different way; it's rich, textured, complex. They are still making discoveries about each other and facing up to an incredible task with going back to Sunnydale. The end to their talk was magic:
Quote:

Gotta go with AstronSoul, YES THEY ARE!!! :pinky :party :pinky

Aaaaaah. Breakfast with Bunny - almost sounds like a witty movie yet to be made! :lol But I enjoyed his drag queen humor. And then the ending lines from his advice - BANG! Danger in the dark, totally got me hooked!

As for Claude, we know she's harmless and knows how it is with W/T. But mine the comic potential - a few awkward reminiscences an embarrassing Tara story, perhaps? :wink Nothing hurtful or nasty, just funny with an interesting look at a younger Tara.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:35 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Heather,

Really great update. The one quote that will stay with me for a long time is:
Quote:
Cling to me, need me, want me, love me, oh my Willow… there’s nothing in this life or the next that could keep me away from you.”

That's the stuff that makes great romance. I could very easily find myself wanting to utter these words (minus the Willow, add the wifey's name). I will definately be holding these words in my heart for a while.

The rest of the update was just as much of a pleasure to read. I loved the back and forth with Dana at the beginning, Willow's overall insecurities about having too much sex, and the closing conversation with Bunny. That's all I can write, right now, I'm feeling much too daydream-y and romantic-y to be ignoring my one and only (thanks to your story).

Looking forward to your next post!
Lexi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:11 pm 
8. Vixen

Ok, I did this last night and because it took so long the kb auto logged me out and I lost it all. I was so irritated I just left it. So now let me try again, this time I'll copy it before I submit it. :happy

AstronSoul,

All Hail the Dibs Mistress! lol

I know you wanted a training interlude, but I thought it was funnier this way, & it seems you liked it too so I'll go with it. :wink

Yeah, poor Marisol... kind of like walking in on a younger sibling, huh?

Yes, we know Willow can be random - it's part of her charm. Here's my theory: Willow has a need not just for approval but to be loved. It's why she tries so hard - if she excels then she gains approval. Maybe it's about gaining it from her parent (initially) but then it was from the Scoobies, then from Tara, & maybe it mattered most of all from her.

Quote:
This is where my heart breaks, even though Tara is right there, Willow's fear is very much right there too.

You're absolutely right, the one person she has longed for is there with her and her fear is almost like another person in the room. But that goes back to her need for approval & to be loved. That's why she's so scared of losing Tara. Maybe it's also a self-esteem issue too. But Tara's declaration of such deep love for her, while it won't resolve her issues, at least helps to put to rest some of the fear she has.

Yes, a passing mention of The First... I have to build it up, don't I?

I have to agree with you, even if you fight it there might be a bit of possessiveness in everyone when an ex is around, very human. Claude is harmless... I've been saying this for ages, but no one listens to me... lol.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Grimm - The Kitten Formerly Known as SMGOVAN - lol, I couldn't help myself.

Of course Bunny can get away with - he's fabulous! lol I have many a... flamboyant male friend to pattern him after, so I have tons of fodder!

One never knows what will happen does one? But I think it's safe to say you haven't seen the last of Bunny, how could I? Bunny's also a favorite of one of my betas too. LMAO - Throw Dawn under the bus in exchange for Bunny? That's a riot.

Of course the feeling is 100% mutual, this is Willow & Tara after all. And you're right, this is the kb, so it'll all be alright in the end. Shenanigans will follow, I promise. :wink

Thank for commenting.

zampsa19752001,

I have a lot of fun writing Dana with Willow & Tara, so I'm glad you enjoy it. Between her and Bunny I get to be my lovely snarky self and it works.

Hmmm, taking Claude to the dark side...

Thanks for reading!

Richard aka Azirahael,

:bow :bow :bow

Thank you for the kind words my friend.

Willow & Tara maturing... that's part of why I played with the time line like I did. Besides it had to happen eventually, right? Tara's always been the insightful one, & if she can't help Willow work through some of her insecurities, well then obviously my story sucks, lol.

Yup, I want them to have a bigger role than what Willow had on the show. She's not afraid to use her magick now so there's none of that "Ooo, Willow and magick are bad" tripe, and with Tara by her side they're gonna kick some ass, I promise. :wink

How am I gonna top it? Hmm, I'll have to work on it won't I?

Thanks for your comments, sweetie!

Julie aka Ariel,

Sparring seems appropriate, got to get the girls up to snuff, and it would be a practical use of their magick. Train just like the slayer.

LMAO, Geritol? Do they even make that any more?

Mature like a fine wine, well in the time they were apart Tara kind of got to walk in Willows shoes by fighting side by side with Buffy & the rest of the Scoobies, & Willow in hers by learning the right way of how to use magick. So of course a little maturity had to happen along the way.

Unstoppable, yes they are...

LOL, Breakfast with Bunny... it would have to be a dramedy because you know he couldn't avoid the drama, but you know it would be hilarious too.

Aww, so you want some young Tara stories? Well, I'll just have to see what I can do about that for you.

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback, hon!

Lexi aka True_Love,

:bow :bow :bow

That is just, wow, writing something that touches someone enough that it stays with them - well that's just tops in my book. I'm a big ol' mushy romantic at heart, so I get to indulge it here with the girls. I'm glad I produced something that moved you.

I hope the day dream-y/romantical feelings lasted a while.

Thanks for leaving comments. :wink

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:27 pm 
9. Gay Now

I second the young Tara stories!
and some Willow/Xander/Jesse flashbacks! :bounce

Tara's childhood had it dark times, but it can't have been all bad can it?

I like the accelerated timeline. It occurs to me that a trio of nerds (however uber their nerdishness) are likely to be so trivial to battle-trained witches as to scarcely raise comment:

"hi honey! how was your day?"
"Good, got some nice curtains and... oh yeah, some really angry guy called warren showed up with a gun."
"Problem"
"Nope, put him to sleep, handed him to Buffy"
"Nice. What do you want for dinner?"

Not even a speed-bump.

Last edited by Azirahael on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:09 pm 
8. Vixen

Julie aka Ariel & Richard aka Azirahael,

I hear & I obey...

It may take a chapter or two before I can work them in, but I'll do my best to come up with a few young Tara stories via Claude & when we get back to Sunnydale young Willow tales via Xander for you.

Richard, I don't know about young Willow/Jesse/Xander stories though, I never cared for Jesse as a character & there's not a lot on him other than they were childhood friend then he was turned & dusted so... I have more background to play with from Willow & Xander to make tales with...

- H.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:01 pm 
9. Gay Now

Whatever you decide sweetie, it's all great! :bounce

In case you hadn't guessed :bounce is my favourite smiley.

So here is a rose for being a sweetie :flower

And some more hugs to fill up your hug-box (fuzzy or otherwise)

[Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug] [Hug]

Definitely looking forward to the next bit!
Roll-on Sunnydale!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:55 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Just exactly how conversations among friends and fmaily tend to get, so real-to-life. (Bunny reminds me of Jack form _Mrs. Doubtfire_.)

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:17 pm 
8. Vixen

Richard aka Azirahael,

I like your favorite smiley - very happy.

Things are swirling, the pot is boiling and the light is on, lol! But you'll get the scoop as soon as it pours from my imagination, which is running wildly!

:kiss

- H.

DaddyCatALSO,

Thank you for the compliment on the dialogue. "Keeping it real" is probably one of the biggest challenges when writing a story - any story. I've some dialogue and thought "no one speaks like that" or "oh my god, it's all text speak! I can't believe they used that for dialogue!" So thanks, and thanks for reading.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:24 pm 
8. Vixen

Chapter Thirty One

Angst Rating: PG-13 w/minimal angst & lotsa fluff

Feedback: If you have a moment and the inclination, drop a line.

Author’s Notes: As always I’d like to thank my wonderful team of betas for arguing with me per the norm. Crystal, Julie and Richard, you guys are awesome! Music for this chapter The Black Keys “El Camino”; Azure Ray “Drawing down the Moon”; The Horrors “Skying”; and The Maine “Pioneer”.

com•mit•ment noun \k?-?mit-m?nt\
1 a : an act of committing to a charge or trust
2 a : an agreement or pledge to do something in the future; especially the state or an instance of being obligated or emotionally impelled

As Tara opened the door to Willow’s rooms, they found an envelope on the floor addressed to Willow. The ornate script on the front was easily recognizable as Lady Rowan’s. Handing off the envelope, Tara walked through into her suite to retrieve her own. Meeting in the middle, they both sat on Tara’s bed to open them.

Inside on formal parchment bearing the Coven’s insignia were instructions on a specific ritual cleansing bath. They were also being required to participate in a vision quest beginning at one minute after twelve with the start of the new day. Until the quest had been completed and they had been initiated, they were also to abstain from any physical intimacy and fast for the next twenty four hours. They would need to meet Marisol at the sweat lodge on the eastern side of the compound’s grounds, and she would tend the ritual fires and be on hand should anything go wrong.

Willow walked back into her rooms, returning shortly with two bottles of water, handing one to Tara. Tara smiled as she took the bottle and continued to look over the list of herbs required for their bath. With a nod and a quiet mutter to herself, she rose and went to her alter and picked up her boline she used for harvesting herbs.

“It’s best if we gather them ourselves. Do you have Epsom salt?” Tara asked looking over the list again.

Willow nodded. “Of course I do! It’s good for sore muscles, and with my leg, I keep it around. Give me a minute and we can go to the hothouses to collect what we need.”

Willow dropped a kiss on Tara’s lips, and then skipped off to her room. She came back carrying her own boline and several cloth drawstring bags. She waved the bags in front of Tara wearing a silly grin, poking the tip of her tongue between her teeth. “I made them myself just for collecting herbs.”

Tara smiled back, and with an affectionate stroke of Willow’s cheek said, “They’re perfect, sweetie. I didn’t know you’d gone all Martha Stewart on me. You’re cooking, and now you sew too! What’s the world coming to?” she winked at Willow as they headed for the hothouses.

“Well, we know it’s probably gonna end when we get back to Sunnydale, and hell hasn’t frozen over yet, so as long as the earth isn’t spinning backwards on its axis, I think we’re alright,” Willow said with a smirk.

Tara rolled her eyes playfully, as she took Willow’s hand. “Hmm, you have a point, sweetie. Just as long as you don’t turn into Oprah, I can deal. That would just be too much.”

Willow laughed. “What’s wrong with Oprah? It’s because her name is Harpo spelled backwards isn’t it? You never did like “The Marx Brothers”. They’re classic, I’m telling you.”

Tara bumped Willow with her hip. “You can keep “The Marx Brothers” and I’ll keep “I Love Lucy” then we’ll both be happy.”

“You really do have a thing for redheads, don’t you?” Willow smiled mischievously, swinging their entwined hands between them. They moved out of the cool of the main compound and out into the summer heat.

Tara pulled them to a stop, and stepping close to Willow, she rubbed her cheek against Willow’s and purred, “There’s really only one redhead I have a ‘thing’ for, and she drives me to distraction on a daily basis.” Taking her tongue she slowly traced the shell of Willow’s ear, before blowing in it gently.

Willow gulped and swallowed several times; shifting side to side, she squeaked, “Baby?”

Tara pulled back and looked at the light flush blooming on Willow’s cheeks, and the darkening of her eyes. Smiling wickedly, she scolded, “Ah, ah, ah. We have to behave ourselves, remember?” She dropped Willow’s hand, turned and sashayed away, knowing that Willow would be watching the swing of her hips as she went.

Watching Tara go, Willow stood rooted to the spot. Finally gathering her wits and cooling her libido, she called loudly, “When did you become such a tease?”

The only response was Tara’s warm laughter as it floated back to Willow before she jogged quickly to catch up.

A few hours later, having split the list, the girls came back with the fresh herbs, each neatly packed away in its own little bag. A pink faced Willow plopped down on the couch in Tara’s suite. Tara took the herbs from Willow and went into her kitchen, coming back with cold water for them both. Tara held her water bottle to Willow’s cheek, to help her cool down.

“I’m okay, baby. They call them hothouses for a reason,” she said with a wink. “I haven’t been working in them as regularly lately, but, uh, I’ve been preoccupied. That and it’s summer here. When I first got here it was summer too, I thought I was gonna die from the heat.”

“What else, Will? What was it like for you when you came back from England?” Tara asked gently.

Willow was quiet for a moment. “Well, Giles came with and stayed for the first two months I was back. Then I made him leave; he was driving me nuts. I didn’t really talk to anyone other than Lady Rowan and Dana – that didn’t change much for a long time. Dana introduced me to Marisol because she’s in both the hothouses and the stables, and Bunny was here one day when I went to the hothouses. Bunny being Bunny, he kind of introduced himself, then stayed for lunch, and well, how can you not like Bunny? So they became the only people I talked with regularly. I spent a lot of time in my room working on school, or spells, or meditating. I was just trying to keep myself busy.”

Willow hung her head a bit and took Tara’s hand in her own. “Giles had gone to Sunnydale after leaving me here, and he called to check on me. I grilled him about how everyone was – how you were in particular. Then I threw myself into studying, and then I would obsess over you. It was kind of a cycle. I couldn’t bear to ask if you were seeing anyone, even though I was dying to know,” she shrugged. “I still kept to myself mainly. There were some whispers about why I was here, and I’m sure you can imagine who was doing the whispering.”

“Tabitha,” Tara muttered disdainfully.

“Mmmhmm,” Willow nodded.

“No one approached you? No one tried to be friends with you?” Tara asked.

“Some did, and no one avoided me outright. I know that I scared some of the members once the abbreviated version of my story became known, others even asked lots of questions, but I didn’t seek anyone out. I guess it became apparent I wasn’t really very interested in being social,” Willow gave her a wry grin. “I mean, how many times would you try before you gave up on someone that always tells you ‘no’?”

Tara nodded, giving Willow a sad smile. “I made a few new friends while you were gone. Tutoring and taking lessons from Leif forced me to get out of the house. Which was good, I needed that… and I needed Buffy not to kill me, so I agreed to it,” she looked at Willow sheepishly. “I think you’d been gone about six months by then. I even thought about going back to the Wiccan meetings, and I went so far as to go to campus one afternoon, but as I stood outside the door I could hear some of the voices from inside. It was Cheryl and Nicole still yammering away. Nothing had changed so I turned around and walked away.” She shrugged.

“I ended up at the Magic Box with Anya that day, and we started to spend a lot of time together; we actually talked a lot, about everything – not just you and Xander. Things finally started to get easier, if not better for us both. Anya was still so upset after “The Wedding That Wasn’t”. And I still missed you like crazy; I never stopped missing you Willow. I wanted to know something – anything, what you were doing, how you were…” Tara said and dropped her head.

Willow took Tara’s bottle of water and set them on the coffee table. She turned to face Tara, curling one leg under her.

“Look at me, Tara,” Tara raised her eyes. “I was miserable, I was lonely, I was heartbroken – all the sad, trite, lovelorn adjectives – that was me. So I did what I do best. I studied. If I kept my nose in a book and my mind busy then I wouldn’t have time to listen to the things my pesky heart kept whispering to me. I wouldn’t have to think about everything. That’s how I was. All of that changed the day Dana and I picked you up at the airport. The ride back here was sheer torture!” Willow said.

Tara smiled her sweet lopsided grin, and asked, “Yeah, what was up with that? I thought you had brought me all the way here to tell me to you didn’t want me anymore, because you looked like you were going to toss your cookies or something.”

Willow sighed and blushed lightly, hanging her head. “I could smell you, Tara. I was sitting right behind you and the air conditioning was on, so it was blowing your perfume, a-and your Tara-ness right in my face. I thought I was gonna pass out; it was wonderful and agonizing all at the same time. I didn’t know how things were going to go between us, and there I was being cocooned in you. The scent that had helped me get through so, so many of the most horrible nights of my life. It was overwhelming, to be honest, and you smelled so good, baby, I thought I might actually cry sitting behind you. I was just trying to keep it together.”

Tara stroked Willow’s cheek with the back of her hand. “Gee, then I was no help at all that day, was I? I couldn’t help myself, I kept pushing you at every turn until I got us alone, and even then I didn’t let up,” she said.

“Aren’t you a little glad you didn’t let up?” Willow asked.

“Oh yes,” Tara replied before leaning in and kissing Willow gently.

Willow climbed into Tara’s lap. They sat cuddling and sharing soft kisses while they talked about their time apart. They had talked briefly before, here and there, about what it was like, but this night felt right to lay it all bare. They both knew there was no more time for secrets, no more time for hiding – that time had passed long ago. Now was a time for honesty.

Willow eventually got up to go to the bathroom, and came back carrying Tara’s guitar case. “Will you sing for me?” she asked tentatively, hope written all over her face.

Tara smiled, and with a nod, reached for the case. Willow handed it over then clapped giddily. She scurried of into the kitchen and came back with more water, then settled in the chair across from Tara. Willow bounced in her seat while Tara tuned her guitar.

“What would you like to hear?”

“Whatever you want to play for me, baby, I love to hear you sing, and I especially love when you sing to me,” Willow said smiling, her eyes shining with delight.

“Okay,” Tara said strummed a few chords, warming up her hands as she thought. “I’ve got the perfect one for you.” Nodding, Tara went into the song, a sweet and light melody.

If I can make your heart
Feel always loved
I would give my whole world up
For you to feel always loved

If I can make your heart
Feel always joy
I would walk a thousand miles
For you to feel always joy

If I could make your heart
Feel always loved
I'd give my whole world up
For you to feel always loved

If I can make your heart

Willow applauded and bounced in her seat and began to chant, “More, more, more!”

Tara laughed and went into a series of songs for Willow. Singing some of the ones they had talked about so many happy mornings ago. Tara played for Willow for over an hour before she took a break. After several much needed gulps of water, she set aside her guitar and once again had a lap full of Willow.

Pressing kisses all over Tara’s neck and face, Willow giggled. “No one’s ever serenaded me before you,” she said between kisses.

“And the only one that should ever be serenading you is me,” Tara growled playfully as she began to return the kisses.

The kisses quickly got heated, and hands started to wander over pliant, willing flesh. Willow pulled away with a groan, and looked at Tara apologetically.

“Baby, I know I started it, and you know I don’t want to stop, but we have to,” she said.

Tara nodded, but her eyes were dilated slightly and were the deep cobalt blue that signaled her arousal. She lunged at Willow, who wrapped her legs around Tara’s hips and the kissing resumed.

“Baby, please, we have to stop,” Willow panted with Tara almost completely on top of her.

“You’re right, love. Our initiation is important, we have to stop,” Tara said and dropped her head to Willow’s chest, taking several deep breaths. Pulling away she leaned back slightly over the arm of the couch, closing her eyes and dropping her head back – which also pushed her breasts out and highlighted her hardened nipples through her thin t-shirt. Hearing a low growl, suddenly Willow was attached to her throat sucking and nibbling at the warm, silky skin beneath her lips.

Willow’s mouth incited electric tingles to race up and down Tara’s spine. Tangling her fingers in Willow’s hair and tugging hard enough to get her attention, Willow pulled back with a pop and looked down at a squirming Tara. Willow’s eyes were a dark green with flecks of golden brown in them, her mouth pink and kiss bruised as she quickly licked her lips.

“Willow, please don’t make this any harder than it already is,” Tara begged, her breathing ragged with desire.

Willow nodded again and crawled off of Tara. Standing, she ran a hand through her hair and over her face. She turned to Tara and pointed to herself, “Me here,” she pointed to the chair and sat down. “You there,” she pointed to Tara and then waved her hand at the couch. Tara just nodded looking at Willow dolefully.

They sat in silence eyeing each other and taking gulps of water until they calmed down. Tara packed her guitar up quickly and left the room to put it away. When she came back in the room, Willow had moved into the kitchen and started sorting through the herbs they had collected.

She had rinsed the rosemary, sage, lavender, lemon balm, and peppermint, and set them aside. Tara leaned over the counter and watched Willow work. Willow carefully pat the herbs dry, then pulled the flowers from the lavender and de-stemmed the rosemary, lemon balm, peppermint and sage for their leaves. When she finished, Willow had five neat piles in front of her on the counter; she looked up at Tara and winked.

“Can I help?” Tara asked.

“Of course,” Willow chirped. “Under the sink in the bathroom I have carrier oils, grab them along with the mortar and pestle and I’ll start chopping these up.”

“Sure, sweetie.” With a smile, Tara disappeared and came back with her hands full.

Emptying her arms onto the counter, she pushed the mortar in Willow’s direction, who began dropping herbs into the mortar. Tara, holding a different bottle of oil in each of her hands, she turned to Willow.

“I didn’t know which you would want, so I grabbed the sweet almond and the Vitamin E. I saw several other bottles of scented oils already made, did you make them too?” Tara asked.

Willow stopped dropping in the herbs and looked at Tara, with a shy smile and a nod she said proudly, “I grew the roses, mint, lemon balm and the lavender myself, and then infused the oils. They have tons of fruit trees here, so I could get the orange blossoms anytime – and they smell amazing when they’re fresh cut. Eucalyptus trees grow here all over the compound, so yeah, I’ve made them all over the last year or so. I mix a couple different mints with the eucalyptus and it makes a great massage oil for sore muscles,” Willow blushed lightly. “Do you want to mix in the sweet almond oil while I crush stuff down?’

Tara looked at Willow for a moment before nodding. “What other things have you studied, Willow? I never pictured you as a gardener, but here you work in the hothouses and you seem to really enjoy it,” she said and began to slowly pour oil into the mortar while Willow was crushing herbs to make a thick paste. The air around them quickly became pungent with the wonderful scents mixing together, the oil binding them all together but adding no scent of its own.

“I feel connected when I work with the plants, you now? Nurturing something, diggin’ in the dirt, even,” Willow giggled. “Then you have the chance to care for something that will be beautiful and grow strong, or food that will feed the compound with something fresh and organic.” She shrugged. “I learned to use herbs in part to make my own tinctures and teas. Then I found out I’m really good at it, too – balms and lotions, all sort of things. Our soap? I made it; the lotion you said you like too,” she said with pride. “I buy the bases, but the scents, colors, and oils – they’re all done by hand – mine.”

Tara beamed at Willow. “You’ve learned so much, Willow. It’s wonderful; I just wish I had been with you.”

Willow stopped mixing and looked at Tara. “But you were with me. When I learned something new and mastered it, you were with me. I imagined a little Tara learning all these things, and remembered how you tried to teach me,” she smiled wistfully, and then said softly. “I wanted to make you proud.”

Tara took Willow in her arms, “You do, Will, and I love seeing everything you’ve learned. That now you get it – you understand! Sweetie, it’s just one more thing that we can share on a whole new level.” Kissing Willow gently, she rested her forehead against Willow’s. “Just another beautiful facet of you I get to learn about, love.”

Willow sighed and closed her eyes, basking in the love and affection that rolled off of Tara in waves. “We have so much to learn, baby, and we’ve both come so far,” she pulled back to look at Tara as they stood in each other’s arms. “When we go back to Sunnydale, it’ll be just another final exam.”

Tara threw her head back and laughed. “Oh Willow, is everything school for you?”

Willow smiled. “Well, I’m working on several degrees, you know,” She nuzzled Tara’s neck. “I plan on working on my degree in “Tara” for a very long time though. I’ll take a degree in Tara Studies. Get a B.A.” Willow smirked.

Tara raised an eyebrow. “And B.A. stands for?”

“Boob Appreciation, of course,” Willow grinned, her tongue poking between her teeth.

Tara nodded sagely. “I wholeheartedly approve of that educational goal,” she leaned forward to tease Willow. “There’s a lot of work to do in that degree program, and it’s very intensive.”

Willow groaned dramatically, “Oh no, not work!” she smiled seductively. “Hmm, maybe I can take another course in ‘Applied Tara Sciences’ – one where I can give extremely ‘hands on’ demonstrations to my professor – in private – for extra credit too?” Willow wiggled her eyebrows.

Tara squeezed Willow close. “Mmm, I hear that it’s a very select class, only room for one very special student.”

“Do you think I’ll make the grade?” Willow asked her voice deepened with desire.

“I think you have the bestof chances,” Tara purred. “And, as the professor, I do enjoy a motivated student.”

“Lucky me,” Willow giggled as she pecked Tara on the lips. “We should get back to work, we don’t have long, and uh… maybe we should take separate baths.”

“Yes and yes, we should probably try to get some sleep too, this won’t be easy,” Tara agreed, letting Willow go; she turned back and picked up the oil. “You pour and I’ll mix now, okay?”

“Perfect, baby,” Willow said with a nod.

Tara sat on Willow’s bed, fresh faced and pink from her bath in a thin, loose fitting v-neck t-shirt and an old pair of comfortable boxers. After combing her hair, Tara tossed the comb on the dresser and turned down the cool crisp sheets, crawling in to wait for Willow. She had started to doze lightly when she heard Willow at her dresser. Tara opened her eyes in time to see Willow’s shapely bottom slipping into a pair of very short running shorts and a dark blue sports bra that made her skin look all the more rosy from her hot bath. When Willow turned, she smiled at Tara before she grabbed her clock to set the alarm.

“You’ll have to wear this little outfit for me another time, love. It’s very appealing,” Tara said raising her eyebrow suggestively, as she pulled the sheets back to welcome Willow in.

Willow put her clock down, then crawled slowly on her hands and knees across the bed. “Anything for you, baby.”

Tara smirked up at Willow as she leaned over to kiss her. Willow lay down next to her and they wrapped their arms around one another to rest before the vision quest.

A few hours later the alarm went off, and Willow slipped out of bed to shut it off. Holding the clock in her hand she sat back down and rubbed her eyes sleepily. She rubbed Tara’s thigh through the sheet, yawning widely.

“C’mon, baby, we’ve got to get up.”

“Mmm, okay, sweetie,” Tara mumbled.

Willow went into Tara’s room and pulled out clothes for Tara and grabbed their robes from the bathroom. Dumping the clothes on the bed, she pulled out some clothes for herself and stripped down.

“Baby,” she said as she stood naked by the bed with her hands on her hips. “Baby, look,” Tara cracked an eye in Willow’s direction. Turning her head to get a better look, she blinked rapidly taking in Willow’s naked form.

“I’m up, I’m up,” Tara said as she sat up and scooted over to Willow. She pointed to her lips and Willow happily dropped a kiss on them.

“I grabbed you some clothes,” pointing to a small pile next to Tara’s robe, Willow turned to get dressed.

Tara smiled dreamily as she watched Willow. “Can’t I just watch you?”

Willow giggled and looked over her shoulder. “Sure you can, but you still have to get dressed. Then I’ll get to watch you.”

Tara shrugged chuckling. “Fair is fair.”

Walking hand in hand they roamed quietly through the compound to the east side. Leaving the building, Willow turned on a flashlight and Tara carried their robes. After the long hours in the heat of the sweat lodge during the vision quest, the air would feel cold to them even if it was actually warm.

They just followed the smell of wood smoke as they rounded the building and saw a figure working carefully around a large fire. The closer they got, the more the scents of cedar, sage and sweet grass rose to meet them.

Moving closer to the figure stooped over the fire, they could see an alter set up about six paces from the door to a dome hut covered with animal skins. Standing up straight, Marisol turned to them and smiled.

“Good morning, Sisters.”

TBC.....

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:28 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

DIBS!!! :eatme :pinky :eatme :whip

Will read and reply today!

Heather, :bigwave (see I kept my promise on the today feedback!)

As always, I like the teasing and the byplay – the history and the sharing that they do. It was funny and humor is a big part of who they are so I’m glad that’s there. Got a kick out of Willow’s B.A. program – oooh baby!

I like this chapter a lot. It’s reflective, there is talk between them, things they want to know – need to know. It IS that time and I’m glad you take the time to share their inner dynamics as people and their dynamics as a couple.

Quote:
Willow sighed and blushed lightly, hanging her head. “I could smell you, Tara. I was sitting right behind you and the air conditioning was on, so it was blowing your perfume, a-and your Tara-ness right in my face. I thought I was gonna pass out; it was wonderful and agonizing all at the same time. I didn’t know how things were going to go between us, and there I was being cocooned in you. The scent that had helped me get through so, so many of the most horrible nights of my life. It was overwhelming, to be honest, and you smelled so good, baby, I thought I might actually cry sitting behind you. I was just trying to keep it together.”

Tara stroked Willow’s cheek with the back of her hand. “Gee, then I was no help at all that day, was I? I couldn’t help myself, I kept pushing you at every turn until I got us alone, and even then I didn’t let up,” she said.

“Aren’t you a little glad you didn’t let up?” Willow asked.

“Oh yes,” Tara replied before leaning in and kissing Willow gently.

Willow climbed into Tara’s lap. They sat cuddling and sharing soft kisses while they talked about their time apart. They had talked briefly before, here and there, about what it was like, but this night felt right to lay it all bare. They both knew there was no more time for secrets, no more time for hiding – that time had passed long ago. Now was a time for honesty.

I was touched by it, also very, very curious about the upcoming ritual. Loved the ending, good morning . . .

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother
P.S. Check italics - minor glitch in Tara's line "best of chances" when discussing Willow's educational goals. :flirt

Last edited by Ariel on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic (AU/Slight Canon) Dry Heat Chapter 31 12/16/11
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:06 pm 
9. Gay Now

Aww... poor girls, going into a vision quest all... pent up, should lead to some fun visions. :)

And smutty goodness afterwards. :whip

Looking forward to the next installment! :kdevil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:34 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for great update-y goodness... I'm very glad that they both have realized that honesty is the only way forward... I loved the teasing... I'm pretty sure that the fasting, no intimacy rule and the vision quest leads to 2 very horny witches...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:21 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey Heather,

This was a very interesting chapter. I love complexity of the uniqueness of their relationship. The have a past together which makes them feel as though they've been together forever, but then small stories and nuances of their personalities remind them of the seperartion. The time they were apart from one another learning new skills, developing new friendships, and missing each other desperately. I'm with Ariel. I love the part about the smell of Tara driving Willow insane when they first picked her up. You could almost feel the pent up frustration and yearing Willow was feeling on that car ride. Great job. I also thought you did a good job of describing the followoing scene:
Quote:
“And the only one that should ever be serenading you is me,” Tara growled playfully as she began to return the kisses.

The kisses quickly got heated, and hands started to wander over pliant, willing flesh. Willow pulled away with a groan, and looked at Tara apologetically.

“Baby, I know I started it, and you know I don’t want to stop, but we have to,” she said.

Tara nodded, but her eyes were dilated slightly and were the deep cobalt blue that signaled her arousal. She lunged at Willow, who wrapped her legs around Tara’s hips and the kissing resumed.

“Baby, please, we have to stop,” Willow panted with Tara almost completely on top of her.

“You’re right, love. Our initiation is important, we have to stop,” Tara said and dropped her head to Willow’s chest, taking several deep breaths. Pulling away she leaned back slightly over the arm of the couch, closing her eyes and dropping her head back – which also pushed her breasts out and highlighted her hardened nipples through her thin t-shirt. Hearing a low growl, suddenly Willow was attached to her throat sucking and nibbling at the warm, silky skin beneath her lips.

Willow’s mouth incited electric tingles to race up and down Tara’s spine. Tangling her fingers in Willow’s hair and tugging hard enough to get her attention, Willow pulled back with a pop and looked down at a squirming Tara. Willow’s eyes were a dark green with flecks of golden brown in them, her mouth pink and kiss bruised as she quickly licked her lips.

“Willow, please don’t make this any harder than it already is,” Tara begged, her breathing ragged with desire.

Willow nodded again and crawled off of Tara. Standing, she ran a hand through her hair and over her face. She turned to Tara and pointed to herself, “Me here,” she pointed to the chair and sat down. “You there,” she pointed to Tara and then waved her hand at the couch. Tara just nodded looking at Willow dolefully.

They sat in silence eyeing each other and taking gulps of water until they calmed down.

That was great! You could really feel how much they wanted to be together and it probably took every ounce of energy they had to seperate themselves.

Can't wait to see what's in store for the girls on their vision quest!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:31 pm 
8. Vixen

Julie aka Ariel,

Congratulations on your dibs!

Lol, glad you're on board for Willow's B.A. program... I think most of us are!

I've said before that certain parts of this have written themselves, and really this is about Willow & Tara with everything else as a backdrop - incidental if you will. I guess it doesn't hurt that I enjoy writing their interplay and little quirks. :)

Glad you enjoyed it!

Richard aka Azirahael,

LOL, so your vote is for smut in the next chapter? I guess I could be persuaded for a little fun before the night is over and they head back to Sunny-D. :wink

zampsa19752001,

You and Richard are in the same smutty camp for the next chapter, lol.

I agree, honesty is the really the only option for W/T moving forward. They've both learned the hard way.

Thanks for stopping in!

Lexi aka True_Love,

I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter, and you hit the nail on the head. There IS so much they know about one another, but there's also so much they've missed and are trying to reclaim. They're also in a state and constant evolution right now too. Learning so much on so many levels. The scent thing...well I think scent is one of those things we find comforting as humans, and the smell of your lover is something that stays with you. We know pheromones play a big part in attraction, and we also know that we can associate scents with just about anything - why else would scented candles be so big? So the one person/scent she had been craving would be wonderful and painful simultaneously - but I think you get it.

Of course they're hot for each other pretty much 24/7 and just like anything you're told not to do or that you can't have it becomes all the more tantalizing. :wink

Thanks for reading, Lexi!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next