The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic Slight AU - Dry Heat Chapter 13 Posted 10/08/10
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:27 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I'm still worried about Claude and Tabby... Good that things are pretty civil between Tara and Giles... I wonder if the darkness that's comming is part of the Council's plan to thake over the world... I hope Dana warns Lady Rowan, Willow and Tara about what she senses...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:49 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Awesome chapter!

I'm still lost in smut-world so I'm finding it hard to think of a coherent thing to say about everything...

Um... I like...

Naked Tara...

No, I mean, I like...

Grinding fingers and biting nipples and

No, no, I'm trying to say I like how things are continung to unfold and unravel!

But mmhh....

Naked Tara...

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:02 am 
3. Flaming O

This is an amazing story keep up the good work!!! :pinky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:59 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Zampsa1975 - While things will be civil between Giles & Tara don't expect any big hug-fest for while. Giles said he has to prove himself, so I'll eave that at that. Tabby is the one to watch, trust. I you've never seen or heard of a Gila Monster google it - then get with the wiggins or at least they wig me out.

Perceptive, perceptive the darkness is two fold, but I'm not telling anymore!

I hope you'll enjoy the next chapter. :kgeek

As always, feel free to ask about something - throw it out there and let's see if it sticks! I know where I want it to go, let's see who I can bring along for the ride!

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:05 am 
8. Vixen

Laragh, Laragh, Laragh - have I broken you again? Or do I need to send lots of ice? ;)

Glad a can still help you with some good ol' fashion smut. ;)

Now, did you actually read any of the rest of it? lol

The next two are going to be the more crucial - you'll see why of course- and sadly not very smutty but angst y instead, so if you get deprived you can always go back. :kdevil

Thanks for reading, hon!

As always, feel free to ask about something - throw it out there and let's see if it sticks! I know where I want it to go, let's see who I can bring along for the ride!

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:09 am 
8. Vixen

WR/TM - Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.

I guess I'm joining ranks with another Heather (EasierSaid) and I do enjoy seeing the dancing elephants, they rock.

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:59 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Great update. Glad that Tara was able to talk to Giles and get all that frustration out. Looking forward to Willow going back to Sunnydale.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:53 pm 
8. Vixen

love_2003,

Thanks! I think Tara deserves to feel some anger here. Doesn't mean she'll hate Giles forever, but it's just another instance of Tara being more comfortable displaying her emotions as well as being more assertive. "Welcome" isn't tattooed on her back, I guess it's "Empowerment Tara", lol.

You'll be seeing a lot of her in this fic. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:16 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Great story.. more updatey goodness please????

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:38 pm 
8. Vixen

SMGOVAN

Thank you,I'm glad you're enjoying the story. Yes, chapter 14 is in the last beta stage and should be posted soon and 15 in midway through competition.

Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

Post subject: Re: New Fic - Dry Heat Chapter Fourteen Posted 11/03/10
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:54 pm 
8. Vixen

Chapter Fourteen

Pairing: W/T

Rating: PG-13

Angst/Drama Rating: This is about a 2 on the 1-10 scale, for mild nervousness.

Setting: The Grove - Tucson

Disclaimer: I in no way, shape or form own the characters from BtVS, they’re owned by Joss Whedon/Mutant Enemy. All original characters are in no way connected to them except by me in this forum. No money - and trust me I don’t have anything you would want anyway - is involved this is simply for my own pleasure.

Email: riverwillows@me.com

Author’s Notes: I would also like to thank my beta foreverchanges for all the help. This is probably one of the lightest chapters to date in terms of angst and largest in terms of sappy. I sometimes can’t help myself, so thank me now, it won’t happen again for a while. Music for this chapter was as saccharine as it should be, filled with Sarah McLachlan, October Project, Sara Bareillis, Keane & more. Also I have linked some of the lyrics to the two songs the girls reference here, so if you are so inclined you can hear them. Just like with all the rest, I'm making no money so please don't sue me, and if the links don't work let me know.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep. – Robert Frost

Willow launched herself at Tara, catching her around the waist and using the momentum to swing her onto the bed. To Tara’s surprise Willow had her pinned to the bed using her knees to secure Tara’s elbows. Bending over so they were almost nose to nose, Tara watched a mischievous gleam flicker behind Willow’s eyes.

“You must pay, Miss Maclay. Do you know how you must pay? Hmmm?” Willow asked in a deliberately calm tone, as she slowly licked the tip of Tara’s nose before easing up on her haunches. Waiting for a response, Willow slowly began to wiggle her fingers just out of immediate sight, but enough for Tara to catch the movement.

Tara recognized the movement only too well, and began to squirm in earnest. “Oh, no, no, no…you can’t be serious, Will. No, sweetie…” Tara tried to plead her way out of the tickling she knew was coming.

A wide smirk grew across Willow’s face. “Oh, yes.” Willow moved her hands to hover above every tempting, sensitive part of Tara’s body, trying to decide where to start, and all the while wiggling her fingers. “I think here will do just fine.”

With that, Willow pitched forward and began to tickle Tara mercilessly, tormenting every spot she could remember and some Tara hoped she had forgotten. Tara kicked and howled, laughing herself to tears. She tried to use her hips to buck Willow off but Willow would not be budged.

“Give?” Willow asked.

“YES! YES! I give! Just stop, my sides hurt, please!” Tara lay still as she regained control of her breathing. “You don’t play fair,” she said with a pout, tugging her arms free to wipe away the tears.

“Mmm, sometimes I do, but you like it better when I don’t.” Willow flashed a wicked grin as she hopped off Tara, then with a saunter headed to her bedroom to finish her packing; with the full expectation of some sort of retaliation. Tara could be as sneaky as she was, so Willow would have to pay close attention to her sneaky love. The smile on her face couldn’t hide the fact that she didn’t mind that one bit.

Willow spent another twenty minutes or so putting things into her bag before she sat down on the floor staring at what she had placed there. She was going home, and she was beyond terrified. So much had change – she had changed. Fear loomed over her as she wondered if her past deeds would be more than could be forgiven by the people that she had left behind.

Willow wasn’t sure how long she sat and stared vacantly into her bag before Tara came in, and sat opposite her on the floor. Tara waited in silence, and delicately reached over to tuck a stray lock of white and red hair behind Willow’s ear.

Without looking up, Willow whispered, “I’m terrified, and in equal measure ecstatic to be going home. Have you talked to Dawn again? Do they know you’ve been invited to stay here?”

“I talked to Dawn and Buffy; they’re excited to see you. I know Buffy has told Xander, but I don’t know if there is any plan for once we get there other than for us to go home,” Tara said gently, taking the sock out of Willow’s hand to place in her bag.

Willow just gazed at Tara. “Home…” Willow said softly. “Whose? My parents are out of the country – yet again – so I can stay there with no problem. I don’t want to make things worse, Tara.”

“We are going home, to our home at Buffy’s unless you would rather not,” Tara said with a shrug. “It has been made clear that the Summers’ house had better be our first stop to avoid having one very pissed Slayer coming to look for us. Buffy may be little, but looks are deceiving as you well know, so it’s always best to avoid a Slayer pummeling in my book.” Tara stroked Willow’s cheek. “Before you ask again, yes really, verbatim from the Slayer’s mouth. You look tired sweetie, let’s go to bed. You can obsess some more in the morning.”

Tara stood, holding out a hand that Willow gratefully took, letting herself be led to the next room. Tara undressed Willow, and put her to bed, following right behind her. No sooner had Tara settled in, than she was enveloped by Willow. Tara wrapped her arms around Willow to hold her close, waiting for her to drift off, hoping she would get at least a little peaceful rest. Tara knew tomorrow was going to be a doozy of a day.

Willow woke before sunrise laying still while her mind cleared, and blinked several times as the room came into focus in the grey half light of the early morning. She was spooned against Tara, and lightly kissed her bare shoulder as her mind began to race, and anxiety set in. Her body hummed as emotions started to wash over her. Willow eased away from the warm body sleeping next to her, and grabbed her robe and padded into her adjoining room. Sitting heavily on her bed she took several deep breaths before going around to the bag she had left on the floor the previous night.

Looking again around the room, it struck Willow as somehow surreal. She had never imagined leaving Sunnydale, much less for the reasons she had, so to now be returning in fear of losing everything she held so dear just seemed innately wrong. All the years of ‘fighting the good fight’, the push for better ways of protecting everyone; becoming a stronger more powerful witch had all been to keep them all safe. At first she felt that the magicks had turned on her, that it wasn’t her fault; then, as she started over from the beginning and learned the proper way to practice, she realized she had in fact turned on herself. She had become her own worst enemy.

There was so much she had never bothered to take the time to learn, because there was always a need for a quicker, better way. The irony of that was not lost on Willow; ‘Knowledge Girl’ had failed to learn the basics to keep herself safe. With a heavy sigh, Willow shook her head to clear her thoughts. She picked up her bag, tossed it on to the bed, and decided the only way she was even remotely going to get through this day was to start with meditation.

Silently Willow changed into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt before heading into her living room. Sitting down in the middle of the room, and assuming the lotus position, Willow closed her eyes and attempted to still her mind. She began her chant in soft tones, “This candle is myself, burning steady and true. Here do I find peace and tranquility. A place apart where I may safely meditate and grow in spirituality.” Willow was finding it hard to concentrate, and to make matters worse, the knot in her stomach seemed to be growing to accommodate the bats that were hatching there.

She stopped chanting to roll her neck and shake her arms out, trying to dismiss the emotions firing through her like electrical currents. Focusing on her breathing to calm herself, Willow tried again but still could not still her thoughts, so she decided to use a candle to help her focus. She hadn’t so much as opened her eyes when she felt Tara enter the room. Willow smiled, remaining where she was, feeling the calm she hadn’t been able to achieve since she had started trying to meditate.

Tara sat facing Willow and took one of her hands, entwining their fingers. “Teach me your chant.”

Willow looked at her, scanning her face. Lifting a hand to Tara’s cheek, Willow smiled a grateful smile and nodded as she took Tara’s other hand.

“This candle is myself, burning steady and true. Here do I find peace and tranquility. A place apart where I may safely meditate and grow in spirituality.” Tara repeated it with her a few times to make sure she had it.

While meditating, normally a solitary practice, they still held hands and completed the pose as normal, making themselves a shared conduit, a circle of energy that included them both. Effortlessly, their breathing made a single rhythm, and the chant grew softer as their meditation deepened. Willow’s calm grew, and as it did she began to glow an opalescent shimmer. Her first colors were sporadic and crackling, yellow seemed to be pulsing brightly before smoothing out to her normal, gentle rainbow of colors. The knot in her stomach eased, the bats disappeared, and she could feel Tara right down to her bones. Warmth and love, understanding and support. Tears started to slide down her cheeks, washing away her unease.

Tara had felt Willow’s kiss and the bed shift as she got up. She knew her love would be stressed and emotional today. Today would either dispel or confirm all her fears. Tara rolled onto her back and just listened to Willow move around in the other room. Drawers opened and closed, Tara assumed Willow was dressing.

Soon, there was silence and it was deafening; Tara could feel Willow’s tension mount, and it screamed to her. There was little she could do to ease Willow’s fears. She couldn’t make promises that everything would be alright and that all would be forgiven. This forgiveness was not hers to give. Assurances had been made, but once face-to-face with her real family, Buffy most of all, would they crumble? Maybe everything would just fall back into place? Or would the incisions that had torn through the relationships, relationships built and nurtured through so much danger and death prove to be too deep for even the resilient Scoobies to overcome. They all had done so much for each other, been so much to each other.

The soft sounds of breathing finally cut through Tara’s own thoughts, and she could tell by the measure and repetition of those breaths that Willow was trying to meditate. Within moments she heard Willow begin a soft chant though she could not hear the exact words. Tara pulled Willow’s pillow to her, rested her head on it, and breathed in Willow’s scent. She was still relaxing in the remnants of Willow’s essence when she heard a heavy sigh and a brief pause, before everything started up again.

Tara rolled over and out of bed, pulled on some clothes and slipped quietly into the bathroom. She crept to the adjoining door and listened as she moved within sight of Willow. Tara stopped again. She could see the ghost of a smile flicker across Willow’s face and knew the invitation to join her had been made.

Tara sat down facing Willow and took her hand, entwining their fingers. “Teach me your chant.” Willow looked at her, smiling a grateful smile and nodded. “This candle is myself, burning steady and true. Here do I find peace and tranquility. A place apart where I may safely meditate and grow in spirituality.” Tara repeated it with her a few times to make sure she had it.

Tara had never been able to get Willow to meditate with any regularity with her before. Willow couldn’t sit still long enough; she could focus on a task when it involved life or death, school, or some part of Tara’s anatomy, but trying to get her to relax for her own good was like pulling teeth – it just wasn’t gonna happen without some pain. Tara could feel Willow’s…well everything; her fear, her guilt, her hope being choked by self-doubt and anxiety. No wonder Willow felt so overwhelmed. She had told Tara some of this but Tara could only guess at the depth to which these emotions were suffocating her.

Focusing on her own breathing and Willow’s chant, Tara began to clear her mind. Without pulling across Willow’s energy she began to feed Willow some of hers. As she felt Willow shift, she began to draw energy from her, working like a filter; feeding it back through the circuit they created. Slowly Willow began to pull energy back and they worked together like the tide – give and take, moving in a circle, first clockwise then counter-clockwise.

Their energy shifted again, becoming stronger, more potent and all encompassing. It reminded Tara of the first glorious day of full sunshine after a long cold, snowy winter. The way the sun sinks in, flooding all the grey places that have been hidden for so long. Tara began to shimmer in a carnival of color, primarily a soft indigo hue, with all the other colors present as they should be; brighter pulses of a lighter blue and green fading in and out.

At some point Willow had opened her eyes. She was used to seeing her own glow, and had even seen Tara meditate before, but she had never seen her glow like this. She gently squeezed Tara’s hand to get her attention. When Tara opened her eyes, the first thing she saw was a wide smile on Willow’s face and the second was the glow that surrounded her. She could see the tears on Willow’s face but knew they were not related.

She looked around herself, the light she was now wrapped in, and watched the pulses of color flicker through. Tara smiled, believing that her mother would be so proud to see this. She knew what the colors represented; she remembered seeing them around her mother when she meditated, and hoped that she might one day see them in herself. Indigo for intuitiveness, fearlessness, practicality, idealism, wisdom, and truth ; Blue for loyalty, tact, affection, inspiration, inventiveness, caring, and caution; Green for understanding, self-control, adaptability, sympathy, compassion, generosity, humility, nature, and romance. The gifts her mother had tried to pass on and nurtured in her had not been in vain; they were now coming to fruition. In all the years her mother had been gone Tara had never felt as close to her as she did at that moment; this was the manifestation of Tara at her core, what her soul gave and shared with others – her gifts from the Goddess.

Tara closed her eyes again and her own tears fell, as she thanked her mother and the Goddess. So many trials had all led her here; to Willow, to this coven, to this opportunity, and now it was time to go home and help Willow mend bridges.

Willow immediately felt when their energy began to change. She could feel Tara pulling from her and then giving back. She felt the cycling begin, the dance they always danced. It was like when they first started doing spells together, but this was so much deeper somehow. Everything faded, everything was Tara. The way she felt, the way she smelled, the way she made Willow a better person, and feel complete. Their energy cycled back and forth, yin and yang, their worth together not more than separate, just better. Like a taste of what would be in the glimmer of what could be.

Willow opened her eyes, awestruck at what she saw. She had always known Tara was beautiful inside and out, her gentle soul was one of the things that drew Willow to her. She had never had the ability to see auras, but she knew if she could see only one she would want it to be Tara’s. Having learned so much over the months of meditation about Chakra colors and their meanings, it was no surprise to see what was in front of her.

So many of the words she would use to describe her love floated through her mind in relation to what she was seeing. She had never needed anything to reinforce or confirm the wonderful qualities that made up Tara, yet here they were. She gently squeezed Tara’s hand, watching her closely as her eyes opened and looked around her. There were no need for words; they were all in the flow of energy they shared. She could feel Tara’s pride, her thankfulness, and that the experience was just a little bittersweet, and she knew it was because of her mother. She closed her eyes to give Tara a moment to enjoy what she was surrounded in, sending love and her own sense of pride in and thankfulness for the woman she loved back to her.

Willow just waited, letting Tara signal when she was ready to stop. Her sense of calm had never, to her recollection, been more profound. It wasn’t because of Tara; it was because it was with Tara.

There was a mutual sigh of contentment when they both opened their eyes. There was no need for words, speaking would have broken this very special spell. A spell of two, two that had found and lost their soulmate, only to be gifted with each other again without losing their unique syncopation.

Sunrise had stolen in while they meditated, changing the light in their rooms. It was still early and their flight wasn’t until late in the afternoon. Wordlessly they stripped and crawled back into bed to hold one another. Legs entwined they slumbered, breast to breast feeling the others heartbeat, just being. Hands stroked hair and soft skin with quiet reverence. With the shared feeling and knowledge of being right where they belonged, sleep claimed them quickly

Willow woke to the sound of the shower turning off. Lying on her side she watched for Tara to emerge from the bathroom. Tara walked out with a towel wrapped around her head, and her robe so loosely tied it showed a large strip of skin down to her belly button. She smiled as she approached the bed and removed the towel; she leaned over to kiss Willow giving her a view of her breasts.

“Hey, you,” she said.

“Mmmm, hey, you,” Willow purred. “Nice view to wake up to.”

“I thought you might like it. How are you feeling, sweetie?” Tara asked as she stood up and crossed to the dresser for her comb.

“Calm, ready. It’ll be okay. Thank you.”

Combing out her hair, Tara asked, “For what?”

Willow sat up, scooting to lean back against the headboard. “For being you, for this morning, for loving me.” Willow shrugged. “For everything you are that is so very wonderful and for making me so very lucky.”

Tara sat down on the bed, tossing a look over her shoulder as she finished combing her hair. “Yeah, I am pretty great aren’t I?”

Willow laughed a deep laugh and pulled Tara down onto her so her damp head was in her lap. Smiling down at Tara, she nodded. “Yeah, you are.”

Dropping a kiss on Tara’s forehead, she caressed her face, tracing her eyebrows, the slope of her nose, the line of her jaw and finally her wonderful mouth. Tara leaned up to kiss her before sitting up.

Willow got up and went to the bathroom. Looking at the time when she came out, only to find a half dressed Tara; she saw it was just before ten o’clock. Their flight didn’t leave until three.

“Hey, what about morning snuggles?” she asked.

Tara turned around. “I wasn’t sure that you’d want to, sweetie.”

Willow pouted. “There is never any reason to go without snuggles. Back to bed with you!” She pointed at the bed with full-on resolve face.

Tara undressed and sat back down on the bed settling under the sheet, partially reclined against the headboard. “Yes, ma’am, Private Tara Maclay, reporting for snuggles, ma’am.” With a mock salute, she opened her arms for a smiling Willow to move into. Willow placed herself with her head against Tara’s chest so she could hear her heartbeat, and closed her eyes. Willow wrapped her arm around Tara’s waist, squeezing tightly as Tara played with her hair.

They lay like that for a few minutes, and Tara thought that Willow might have fallen asleep again she was so still and her breathing so regular, so she rested her hand gently on her head. Willow also thought that Tara had dozed off again and with a hushed giggle she began to hum. Tara knew Willow didn’t sing, and she didn’t think she had ever heard her whistle either, much less hum, and on key no-less. Tara stayed still and listened to the tune until she could pick out just what Willow was humming.

“Sweetie,” she whispered, and Willow jumped and cleared her throat.

“I thought you were asleep,” Willow said, trying to sound nonchalant.

“I thought you were too. What were you humming?” Tara asked innocently.

“Oh, nothing really. Um, how long were you listening?” Willow asked without looking up at her.

“Well, sweetie, I heard all of it. I know you don’t sing, but I’ve never heard you hum either. What was it?” she asked the smile apparent in her voice.

“Just a song, you’re the singer not me,” Willow responded, trying to deflect further questions.

“Finish it? I couldn’t tell what it was. Or you could just tell me?” Tara asked sweetly.

Clearing her throat again, Willow started to explain. “Well, you know, I learned a lot about music when I was with Oz.” Willow felt Tara stiffen slightly, making her look up. “Honey, I did, but this doesn’t remind me of him, no remnants of Oz at all, this is strictly music, okay?” Tara nodded.

“So, I started listening to the classics, and I really began to like Van Morrison…and this song makes me think of you…so that’s what I was humming while you were being sneaky awake-girl, listening to me and my mushy love song,” Willow said with a sigh.

“Sing it for me?” Tara asked softly, stroking Willow’s hair again.

“Um, I don’t sing,” Willow said nervously.

“Sing for me, you don’t have to sing loudly. Please?”

“You know I sound like someone trying to drown a cat, baby,” Willow said, trying to backpedal out of it quickly.

“Can you recite it to the tune? Then you don’t have to sing?” Tara knew she was pressing her luck, but she really wanted to hear Willow’s song.

Clearing her throat again, Willow said, “You’re not going to give up are you?”

“Uh uh, please, sweetie?”

With a heavy sigh Willow said softly, “Okay, I won’t sing it but I can kinda recite it to the tune, but you know I suck at that too. Promise you won’t laugh?”

“I don’t mind. The song means something to you, I just want to hear it because it’s sweet and from you. That’s all that matters to me, and I would never laugh at that, promise.”

Coughing, Willow replied, “Okay, here goes.” With a deep breath Willow started to quietly recite, the words surprisingly on key despite her nerves.

I can hear her heart beat for a thousand miles
And the heavens open every time she smiles
And when I come to her that's where I belong
Yet I'm running to her like a river's song

She give me love, love, love, love, crazy love

She's got a fine sense of humor when I'm feeling low down
And when I come to her when the sun goes down
Take away my trouble, take away my grief
Take away my heartache, in the night like a thief

Yes I need her in the daytime
Yes I need her in the night
Yes I want to throw my arms around her
Kiss her hug her kiss her hug her tight

And when I'm returning from so far away
She gives me some sweet lovin' brighten up my day
Yes it makes me righteous, yes it makes me feel whole
Yes it makes me mellow down in to my soul

Tara slid down so she could face Willow, covering her in kisses. Whispering in her ear, she said, “Thank you, sweetheart, I loved it, you can sing to me any time you like. I didn’t know you liked Van Morrison.”

Willow smiled sheepishly. “Yeah. I’d like to dance to ‘Moondance’ with you sometime, under a full moon of course.”

“But of course, it wouldn’t be appropriate any other way,” Tara said with a smile. “What’s your favorite Van Morrison song?”

“Hmmm, well, there are the ones everyone knows like ‘Into the Mystic’, ‘Brown Eyed Girl’, even ‘Moondance’, and I don’t know that I have ‘a’ favorite per se. I like ‘Queen of The Slipstream’ and ‘Wonderful Remark’ too.”

“Huh, more things I never knew…” Tara kissed Willow’s cheek by her eye and whispered, “I think if I had to pick a single song that reminded me of you that would be impossible, but there are lyrics that come to mind.”

“Really? Like what, baby?”

Tara softly sang. “If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. If mountains crumble to the sea, there would still be you and me. Kind woman, I give you my all, Kind woman, nothing more.”

“Led Zepplin?” Willow nuzzled Tara’s neck. “Who knew? I guess there’s a whole long conversation about music we can have. Led Zepplin…I never would have thought. I’ve heard you listen to music, but the classics…”

Tara laughed. “We’re not talking Chopin’s Nocturnes here, sweetie, but yeah, my mom listened to them and tons of others. I even have some of this stuff called vinyl that they pressed into discs with grooves on them that play music. They’re called records,” she teased, and nipped Willow’s ear.

“Oooo, really? You’ll have to show me, because you know, I just don’t believe you. That’s fantastical, and what would you play it on? ” Willow teased right back. At that moment Tara’s stomach decided to growl making them both laugh.

“Ok, enough snuggling, I guess. The Tarabelly has spoken. Let me get a quick shower and we can go get something to eat.” Letting Tara go, Willow rolled over and scooted out of bed.

It was Tara’s turn to watch as Willow disappeared into the bathroom. Throwing the sheet off, she looked at the clock, surprised that it was now after noon and got up to dress as Willow started the shower. She added the final things to her bag and closed it waiting for Willow. Sitting back down with her back against the headboard and one leg on the bed, she hummed ‘Crazy Love.’

A few minutes later, a towel encased Willow emerged, her hair still dripping as she hurriedly dressed. Heading for her room and her bag, Willow tripped over her own feet but righted herself without falling. She gave Tara an embarrassed look as she came back in zipping the bag closed.

“We still have a couple of hours before we leave, so we can take our time. Let me do something with my hair, it’ll dry quickly enough. Gotta love the desert - it virtually eliminates the need for a hair dryer. I guess we should take our bags with us and see if Giles is here, time’s a wasting and you know how he gets. I swear he’s wound more tightly than I am sometimes, must be the British thing. You’d think with all the tea he drinks he’d be a little more laid back. Maybe it’s the Watcher thing, or maybe the being Buffy’s Watcher thing. I know we’ve added more grey to his hair than he will admit to…well maybe not.” Willow laughed, combing her hair and trying not to go into full babble mode.

Tara just watched her with an affectionate smile as she continued to hum. Willow stopped what she was doing and listened. Her smile lit up the room. Holding her hand out to Tara, she pulled her off the bed into a tight hug.

“Vixen, you knew what that was all along didn’t you?”

With a sweet smile, Tara nodded her head.

Willow rested her forehead against Tara’s. “I love you, you know that, right?”

“Just as much as I love you, my Willow.”

“Let’s go eat something before I get too wound up to eat.” Willow winked at Tara.

They each grabbed their bags and headed for the main hall, already preparing for what would undoubtedly be an emotional homecoming for everyone.

TBC....

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:05 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I loved these tender moments between Willow and Tara. I look forward to seeing their reunion with the other Scoobies.

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:45 pm 
8. Vixen

LonelyTara -

So glad you like them, they are really fun and enjoyable to write. I get to let the closet romantic come out and be mooshy. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:05 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I really liked their tender moments... I liked how they managed to find new things about each other even after all their time together...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:57 am 
8. Vixen

Zampsa1975 -

If this were a real live relationship, maybe they would have already found these things out - in a normal one. This relationship is so not of the norm! I think because of the whole demon fighting maybe a lot of things got short handed and never really discussed - other things were kind of more important - like staying alive! In the setting of The Grove, they are largely safe (for now) in comparison to life on the Hellmouth, so now these little things can begin to seep out into the larger context of their relationship. Or at least that will be my take on it!

I also think that's part of the enjoyment of a relationship, finding out new and wonderful - and not so wonderful - things about the person you love. That's part of my job too, in order to keep it believable and readable I have to slip these little moments in along the way.

I'm glad you're still enjoying my version of their ride!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:08 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
I'm gonna have to join you in that dentist trip for the sweetness :)

I was thinking the same thing that Zampsa1975 said, it's so great that they can still learns about each other and I totally agree with what you responded too - things could easily get lost or not said or learned in a hellmouth-y situation. These two deserve knowing themselves and each other are safe! At least relatively.

Great update!

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:48 pm 
8. Vixen

Laragh -

Lol, I'll call and make it for two now.

Exactly! While I don't plan for The Grove to be nearly as intense in a demon-y, run-for-your-life kind of way as the situations upcoming in Sunnyhell, you know nothing is A) ever as it seems, and B) the story would get boring otherwise.

For me, this really is where I get to merge my hopeless romantic with a dash of my everyday cynical humor, and the supernatural, swashbuckling, witchy bits of my imagination. That's part of what makes using Willow and Tara so appealing; they already have some built in characteristics that I get to augment. ;)

I appreciate you taking the time to comment, and I'm glad your keeping up!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:40 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Whew! I finally caught up :pinky

I love this... let me take a minute and try to get everything down that I enjoyed:

The emotions--the first half of the fic are filled with raw, powerful emotions from both Tara and Willow--the kind where your guy clenches and you can actually feel them. Very powerful stuff!

The Grove--I just love this setting. It's unique and bare and leaves everything out in the open. I love the idea of a coven (one that is not the Devon coven from the tv show) and I'm really interested in seeing where the storyline goes with Willow and Tara founding their own coven.

Willow--her vunerability in this piece is so poignant. She is often portaryed as the strong one in the relationship, but I like how the tables are turned. Her guilt is overwhelming and I hope she begins to come to terms with it and it doesn't get in the way of whatever badness is coming

Tara--despite the sadness of the first parts and the almost inability to function without Willow, Tara's strength in these last few parts is amazing.She doesnt take any shit from anyone--including Willow. I'd like to think that this is exactly how Tara's character would have progressed if the bastards hadn't of killed her off--we get snippets of it when the girls are apart in Season 6.

I'm really looking forward to the shift in setting when the girls head back to Sunnydale--looking for some more angst-ridden reactions and working things out. I'm expecting an emotional rollercoast :hmm

Something else I'm really enjoying is the character that magic plays in this piece--I never thought that Willow needed to stop practicing altogehter. The journey you've described is realistic and I'm excited to see how Tara fits into the training when they get back to the Grove.

Secondary characters--you're awesome at bringing in outside secondary characters as a foil for Willow and Tara. Claude, Tabitha, Giles, Dana, Lady Rowan--they're all great. Tabitha gives me the creeps--Tara feels it, but why is she even there at the coven if they can feel the evil coming from her?? I'm looking forward to this being played out!

Can't wait for more!

C.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:52 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Loved the updates. Glad that Tara is there to help keep Willow calm and to reassure her that everything will be ok. Looking forward to the reunion in Sunnydale.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:36 pm 
8. Vixen

love_2003 -

I'm glad you enjoyed the updates, chapter 14 was very fun to write and I refuse to pay any dental bills incurred upon reading it, lol

I HAVE PLANS!!!!

I'm really pleased with chapter 15 (coming soon to the kittenboard near you) but I have a feeling many will not like how I leave it, heehee.

Enough, said.

Thanks for staying with me. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:50 pm 
8. Vixen

Cy -

I got to you after love because your comment is so involved and I wanted to give it the attention I should.

Firstly, thank you. :bow :bow :bow . I read attached to one fic's signature, that every time a comment is left a beta get's their wings, while I agree to that I would also have to add that the writer get's a little closer to theirs as a fanfic writer too. Comments are important. They offer encouragement, pointers and positive reinforcement for our creative venture, and maybe I'm being snobby but I think I would be remiss not to at least acknowledge the comments left by those reading simply because its a choice, and they can choose not to read.

Yours is so specific, again thank you, now on to those specifics!

Emotions - In the show, Willow was gone for what maybe 90 days, which since Joss had decided to go the afterschool special "don't do drugs" route, would be the average drug rehab stint. This isn't drugs, so I chose to use the year and a day for Willow because of two things. A) Yes, the emotional drive it would give, but also because it would display a certain amount of true repentance (for lack of a better word) in Willow for the things she had done, especially to Tara. Everyone makes mistakes, few would go to the extent of altering minds to cover it up (unless you go in for the government cover-up/conspiracy theories, then it happens all the time) B) A year and a day is the typical length of an initiate into a Pagan/Wiccan coven. You spend that time studying and learning, deciding if this is really for you. It is a path you choose for life and you have to do so willingly. So again by Willow choosing this, she is finally aligning herself with the belief system Tara was taught from childhood and taking those responsibilities that go along with it. She's not being pushed into it for the sake of others this time.

After a forced separation with all of the change between them - they have grown up some - I didn't see how the emotions could not be high. Sexually, spiritually, developmentally. Hopefully I've been able to portray that so far.

The Grove - How can I explain The Grove? There are several Pagan/WIccan circles here in Tucson, The Grove does not exist except in my head, but I guess the closest thing would be the Druid meeting circle here- and it still is nothing like The Grove, lol It was the communal sense of responsibility for one another, though that I am trying to display. The desert is very barren and unforgiving. I thought that would play well as a backdrop for Willow's journey, because there is still beauty here an things can still thrive in spite of the harshness - just like Willow.

Willow - Even the strong have weaknesses, and no one is perfect. I think Willow being weak was a dimension that was left out and during her "recovery" it should have been shown. What's the saying, "You can't get help unless you really want to be helped", the first step would be to ask for it. To admit you're weak and ask for help. Now that's she's had the help, if this were a 12 step program, she would be in the asking forgiven phase (Dear god! I didn't realize how close am to following that! Well, we'll have to come up with something a little better now), the idea is they don't have to forgive her but she has to ask and leave it up to them. Now, though, it's up to me to relay her strength through her weaknesses, or at least that's what I plan to try to do!

Tara - Ahhh, Tara. I love writing her. There was so much left undone with Tara, so she has so much potential. Her "deer in headlights" inability to function comes from allowing herself to define herself so much by her relationship with Willow. I took the liberty, however, of actually having the Scoobies really love her for her. By having Buffy and Dawn not allow her to leave after Willow disappeared, Tara gets to realize she truly does have a family. Willow may have given it to her, but she really was accepted and became one of their own outside of the "Willow & Tara" context. This allows her to blossom, the stutter becomes a nervous tick so to speak, and she grows more confident. This is what allows her to become "Take No Shit" Tara even with Willow. Dealing with the emotions left behind by Willows departure (as they both are doing) also allows Tara to show Willow the woman she's become - and just like with Willow, those women are pretty special in their own right. And I agree - if they hadn't killed her off, this would be partially how she developed in season 6 & 7.

Sunnydale and The Grove - :pinky :pinky :pinky Yes, I'm dancing a little with glee. I plan to have fun with this and maybe even irritate a few because I'm going to tinker with the timeline and series of events to suit my story. All I will say. ;)

Secondaries - I do enjoy my original, and not so original characters. I have to laugh because no one likes or trusts Tabitha, which is as it should be. Maybe not evil but not altogether nice either. You'll get more of her backstory later, and that's all I will say now. Lady Rowan and Dana - these are fun ladies. If they were real, you'd want to sit for a meal and just chat with them (or at least in my head you would). Their roles are about to bloom in the training of Tara (sounds kinky doesn't it?). Claude get's mix emotions, all I will say is she's not what anyone so far thinks she is.

Willow & Tara's Coven - :pinky :pinky - A little more dancing with glee. I have fun things planned for this and hopefully it will b as badassed as it is in my head! Obviously I agree with Willow not having to stop practicing altogether, like Tara told her many times there is a time and a place, but not for every little thing. Begin again, but right this time!

I think I've addressed all your comments, Cy. Thank you again for taking the time and being so thoughtful and thorough! I'm glad you're looking forward to more and hopefully I'll live up to the expectations. Half the fun is trying!

Post subject: Re: New Fic - Dry Heat Chapter Fifteen Posted 11/12/10
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:00 pm 
8. Vixen

Chapter Fifteen

Pairing: W/T

Rating: PG-13

Angst/Drama Rating: This is about a 6 on the 1-10 scale.

Setting: The Grove - Tucson, a plane & Sunnydale - The Summers House

Disclaimer: I in no way, shape or form own the characters from BtVS, they’re owned by Joss Whedon/Mutant Enemy. All original characters are in no way connected to them except by me in this forum. No money - and trust me I don’t have anything you would want anyway - is involved this is simply for my own pleasure. Anyone that works for/owns Ike’ Coffee shop please don’t sue me, I used your name but I’m still broke, same goes for Apple and the iTunes player & playlist features.

Distribution: Well, it’s not done yet, but it never hurts to ask.

Email: riverwillows@me.com

Author’s Note: Yes, you know how I love these. The preamble poem is original. Predominate music for this chapter; believe it not was not as heavy as the chapter itself, so maybe it evens out. Janelle Monáe “The ArchAndroid” – really diggin’ it too; Supergrass; Tricky “Mixed Race” and Die Antwoord “$O$” – jury’s still out on that one. All floated in, around and about, along with lots of coffee and mango-orange juice. Also I am using The BBJ 2 737-800 Boeing commercial jet that has 1,004 square feet (93.27 square meters) of floor space for my plane size reference circa 2000. There's a bit of trivia I've included at the end of the chapter regarding the song "I Can't Take My Eye's Off You" a.k.a. the floating song, so now you'll have to read it through to the end - or not. Enjoy the chapter.

I left home with a devil at my back.
Now I venture home carrying the scars of my wars.
I would beg, borrow, or steal for an instant of that familiar peace.
Standing at the threshold, praying for a reprieve, armed only with hope.
The hope that there is still love here for me, peace here for me, rest here for me, a place here for me.

Willow chewed on her lower lip and rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet nervously, after they had waited in line to check their few bags. As they headed for the gates to board the plane for the short flight to Sunnydale, even Giles, who was standing in front of the girls, appeared to be fidgeting. Tara slipped her hand into Willow’s, who managed a weak smile in response. With Tara holding her securely, Willow’s rocking ceased, so that was progress.

After what seemed like hours, they had their bags checked, and began to snake their way through the line to pass through security. Giles went first of their little group followed by Tara, both navigating the dreaded metal detector successfully. Willow, unfortunately was not so lucky and inevitably set it off. Tara and Giles watched her sympathetically as they put their shoes back on. Rolling her eyes with an annoyed sigh, Willow grabbed her carry-on backpack as it passed out of the x-ray tube and rummaged through it. Pulling what looked like an ID card out, she handed it to the security guard, who was standing with a wand in hand.

The guard glanced at the card before going into a very bored sounding schpiel about being required by the FAA to scan Willow with the wand even though she had presented the card. Willow ‘assumed the position’, legs spread wide and arms out, so the guard could use the wand. As the guard moved down her now healed left leg the wand went off, and the look on Willow’s face said ‘told you so.’

The guard handed the card back to Willow, and she collected her belongings before moving off to the side. Willow looked up as she put one sneaker on; the card held haphazardly between her teeth and passed it off to Tara. She looked at the card that had Willow’s name on it, and a picture on an x-ray of a lower leg showing a rod and pins in the bone. Tara couldn’t stop the grimace that appeared on her face as she looked at the card and realized what a permanent reminder it was for Willow.

Willow had told Tara about her leg, but this was the first time she actually had the reality of it brought so glaringly to her attention. The physically visible scars were now virtually nil on Willow, but the reality was that a rod and pins were there, and here was the proof. Tara turned to Giles and saw the question on his face; she held the card up for him to read. Pursing his lips as his faced darkened; Giles just nodded and looked away. Tara handed the card back to Willow, who popped up with a bright smile after tying her other shoe.

“See, I told you it would be good to be early. This was faster than LaGuardia and O’Hare; trust me they don’t play in New York. They’re not happy with anything short of a full body cavity search, which I thought might just happen at one point; this was a walk in the park and a quick one too!” Willow said trying to make light of what had just happened.

Tara took her arm, giving it a reassuring squeeze as the three made their way to their on to the gate before boarding. Finding empty seats the three sat; as they could only wait now and hope everything was on time.

“Would either of you like some tea? We passed a little shop as we came up,” Giles asked.

“Oooo yeah, Giles. Mmm, a mocha would be great, thanks; I haven’t had a real, honest-to-goodness one in ages,” Willow responded with enthusiasm.

“Regular coffee just doesn’t cut it, huh sweetie? I’ll have one too, thank you Giles,” Tara said, smirking at Willow.

They watched as he hurried off down the concourse.

“Does he seem nervous to you, Willow?” Tara inquired softly.

“You noticed that too? I’m not sure why, he’s talked to Buffy regularly. Maybe it’s being back on the hellmouth. Flying never seemed to bother him before, so I don’t think it’s that.” Willow kissed Tara on the cheek. “I think I’ll go give Giles a hand, baby.” With a wink and a smile she walked off in the direction of coffee and Giles.

Willow found Giles at the register of Ike’s Coffee™, paying for their drinks.

“Let me help you with that, Giles,” Willow said as she came up behind him, causing Giles to jump.

“Certainly, thank you, Willow.” Giles glanced at Willow nervously.

“Ok, spit it out, what’s got you so jumpy? I know it’s not a fear of flying,” Willow said mildly as she sweetened her own and Tara’s mochas.

Giles shifted between feet as he watched Willow intently for a moment.

Willow could tell he was trying to edit what he was about to say. She stopped stirring her coffee as she turned to Giles, full resolve face in place.

“Are you going to tell me, or do I have to get rough?” Willow said calmly.

“Uh, yes, quite. Perhaps we should go back to Tara first though. Shall we?” Giles sputtered and backed away missing the affectionate smirk that played on Willow’s lips.

Walking back to where Tara now sat reading a book, they saw her look up with a smile which quickly fell on looking at the pair.

Tara frowned; resolve face and worried Watcher face were not a welcome sight, especially before a flight to Sunnydale. Willow and Giles sat on either side of her; she looked first at Willow as she was handed her mocha, then to Giles, waiting for one of them to speak. Tara raised an eyebrow at Willow.

“Don’t look at me; he’s the one that’s all secret-y secret man,” Willow said pointedly.

With a sigh, Giles slouched a bit in his seat before removing his glasses, and pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Do you remember my offer to assist you in the creation of a coven should you both chose to do so?”

“Yes,” Willow and Tara responded simultaneously.

“I also believe I said I would not try to influence you either way, it was your choice, and that I also had some names of people with potential that you may be interested in seeing.”

The two sat silent and impassive, waiting for Giles to continue.

“It still is your choice as to the formation of the coven. Yet I feel that now since I have had time to look over some of the names…not all would be a good fit, shall we say.”

Willow looked at Tara with a shrug and said, “Giles we haven’t really discussed it much more. I think we are strongly considering it, and Tara can correct me if I’m wrong, but we would want her to be trained more before we go through with it.”

Tara nodded. “She’s right, I have an opportunity with The Grove, and if what Rowan has told me is even marginally true, I want to train. Giles, it would irresponsible to form a coven with Willow and expect everything magically to fall on her.” Tara looked at Willow for support, and Willow took her hand reassuringly. “Giles, I’m going to assume you know if not all then some of what Rowan told me, since that would make me of greater interest to the Council, yes?”

Clearing his throat, Giles responding evenly, “Yes, Tara, I am well aware of your family’s lineage, and how special that makes you magickally. I’m also aware of why that would make you of interest to the Council.”

Tara leveled her gaze at Giles. “How long have you known? Never mind, then you must understand why I want to be trained well beforehand. It will only make us a more solid coven.”

Giles pulled out his handkerchief to clean his spotless glasses, an action that Willow had come to understand had several meanings, one of which was that Giles was stalling.

“Of course I agree, and I can appreciate…”Giles was cut off by the sound of the overhead loud speaker announcing the boarding of their flight. Neither girl missed the slightly relieved look on Giles face at the interruption or the “Thank heavens” he muttered.

The three shuffled along to their seats of the small plane. Since the flight was short they didn’t get a full size jet, the plane had maybe one hundred seats two to a row, which a large man in a bad suit in front of them was complaining about loudly, right along with the size of the seats.

By design they were basically sharing a row of seats – Willow and Tara next to each other and Giles across the aisle - but bad suit man was only three rows ahead of them which made both Willow and Giles groan. Just as they sat down a dark haired child that looked to be no more than five years old went barreling down the aisle screaming, “No!” His flushed cheeks and slightly manic glee as he ran, made it apparent he was being more than a handful.

Neither girl missed Giles’ wince as the little boy made his way back up the aisle blaring, and Tara tried to hide her smile while they groused about the impending flight. In what seemed to be taking an eternity, the door to the plane was finally being shut, and the pre-flight monotone safety announcement had not yet begun; the passengers for the most part were restless. Tara leaned her head back against the seat and closed her eyes as she began to hum softly, ignoring the whole situation. As a few minutes ticked by everyone quieted down and even the little boy flopped down in his seat to play with several cars he had been given.

A good ten minutes later, when Tara opened her eyes, both Willow and Giles were staring at her, jaws slack in surprised wonder. It was obvious Tara had done something, it wasn’t a spell per se; she had just emanated a calm so palpable it reached everyone in the cabin of the small plane. Willow could recognize Tara’s energy anywhere, particularly as it had slipped gently through the cabin just like Tara herself. Giles, while he remained sensitive, wasn’t sure which of the girls next to him had caused the calm until he saw the look on Willow’s face.

“What?” Tara asked innocently, as she looked between them with eyebrows raised in confusion. “What’s wrong?”

Willow was the first to get her mind in gear and ask, “How? I’ve never seen or felt you do that before.”

Tara seemed surprised knowing that both had seen her do this before when Scooby levels got out of hand. “You have and just didn’t realize, sweetie. It’s a lot easier to do in the Magic Box, or in a dorm room, or Buffy’s. No one pays attention, that’s all. It’s nothing really, my Mother taught me. When things got really heated I could use it, and it made me feel better. I’m just more relaxed, that’s all.”

“Is it a spell?” Giles asked.

Tara’s brow furrowed as she thought for a moment. “Is what a spell? No, I don’t think so in the classical sense. I always thought it was a centering exercise she had me do. There’re no written words, it’s more a feeling and concentration. Maybe it’s the music – the humming, I think it’s an old lullaby, but I’m not sure. I focus on being calm, once I am; I imagine it rolling outwards from me. I see it all in my head; ripples like you see when you drop a stone into a stream.” Tara shrugged.

“Fascinating…,”Giles uttered.

“Do you realize you just managed to calm a plane full of people? Not two, or even the seven of us, but a plane full. Would you say there are at least fifty people on here Giles?” Willow looked around Tara to Giles for confirmation.

“Oh yes, definitely, if not more. Are you counting the crew? We can’t see them but the effect has to have been the same.” Still looking surprised, Giles agreed with Willow’s assessment.

“Okay, then let’s say seventy-five people, most planes* this size have cabins roughly over a thousand square feet, so these people are all within that same vicinity of you. Tara, that’s amazing!” Not for the first time Willow thought if she could just bottle even some of the special qualities that made up Tara and put it on a shelf in a local drugstore the world would be an infinitely better place.

“Remarkable Tara, truly remarkable,” Giles said his face blank as he studied Tara closely.

Tara looked dumbfounded. “I’ve done what? I didn’t do anything to them; I was just trying to block the little boy out for myself.” Tara’s blush closely matched Willow’s hair color, and she dipped her head to hide her face in the old familiar gesture; one Willow had not seen much of in the last week. Not quite understanding what Willow’s point was and why Giles was looking at her so oddly, Tara continued to bore holes into her own lap.

“Will, I didn’t plan...” Tara started anxiously, as she realized what this could look like to Willow.

Willow caught Tara under the chin and gently tipped her head back up to look at her.

“Hey, what was our agreement? No hiding, right? Love, this is so not something you should hide about. You just gave a gift to every person on this plane and they don’t even know it. It wasn’t done maliciously, you didn’t hurt anyone, and most of all you didn’t realize you were doing it – it wasn’t a conscious act. How many times have you done this for me and the rest of us? Undoubtedly more times than you can count, and many more than any of us knew. I bet you didn’t even hesitate, did you?” Willow could only shake her head.

With a gentle kiss, she whispered just so Tara could hear, “You never cease to amaze me.”

Giles cleared his throat before speaking. “Yes, well, Tara this is an amazing attribute for any witch to have. When you start to work with Rowan, I suggest you let her know about this. This is a skill that as we can see by example…well, the good that could come from honing a skill like this…” Giles stopped at a loss for words, as an extremely mellow sounding pilot came over the loudspeaker to welcome the passengers, before the two flight attendants started the pre-flight safety instructions.

Once the flight was in progress, Willow pulled out her laptop from her backpack and turned it on. As it loaded, the first thing that popped up was Willow’s iTunes™ player. Tara watched and saw a flurry of playlists but the one that caught her eye was one called ‘willowheart misses taraheart.’

“Will, what’s that one?” Tara asked gently.

Willow squirmed a little in her seat. Puffing out her cheeks, she said in a rush.
“ItstheplaylistImadeafterwebrokeupthefirsttime.”

“Can I see it? You don’t have to if you don’t want to, but now I know a little about some of the music you like, I’d like to see it.” Tara wasn’t trying to push Willow about something like a playlist of songs, but her curiosity was immense.

Willow’s hand hovered over the mouse pad for a moment before she clicked on the playlist, then passed the laptop over. Tara settled it on her lap as she began to look.

“Will, is that right?” Tara pointed to the duration of the playlist; it was seven days long exactly.

Willow just nodded and looked away nervously as Tara scrolled down through the songs. Knowing how exact Willow was, Tara knew the songs were in a certain order for a reason. She could see the emotional tenor fluctuate through the music and it made what Willow had obviously felt apparent.

“Why seven days, Will?” Tara asked keeping her voice soft but inquisitive.

She watched the muscle in Willow’s jaw twitch as she blinked rapidly before she answered.

Trying to keep her voice even, Willow sighed before explaining, “The seven days didn’t happen until I was in England. It started out as just a playlist, and the longer we were apart the more it helped me cope, I guess you could say. Sometimes it was the only thing that helped, sometimes it was a joy to listen to, like after we got back together, and sometimes it was a sad reminder of what I’d lost. I would be so tired of feeling sick and hurting that the happy parts helped. I could lose myself and not worry; once I was ready to leave and come back to the States, it became a ritual almost. I added a song a day, then would listen to that week and its additions.”

“You added a song a day for eighteen months?” Tara asked with unabashed surprise.

With a sad smile Willow said, “One year, seven months, eighteen days and seventeen hours.”

Tara looked at the playlist again, noticing there was a ‘date added’ column. She saw that the second to last song that was added the day she arrived at The Grove, was “You Are My Sunshine”. The final song she recognized immediately and it had been added the day after she arrived. It was the song they had danced to the night of her birthday at the Bronze; the day she knew she had family, the day she knew she was free of her father, that she was not evil or a demon, and that she was never, ever going back. This was the song they floated to.

“You Are My Sunshine? Really?” Tara asked with a smile that lit up her face like sunshine. Willow blushed and nodded. “Can we listen to this one, though?” Tara asked as she highlighted the last song, ‘I Can Take My Eyes Off You’.

Willow nodded. Swallowing hard she swiveled the laptop towards Tara. She reached into her bag and pulled out some ear buds; as she plugged them into the laptop she handed one to Tara. Willow watched Tara place one in her ear and hit play as she placed the second in her own ear. The first two verses slid quickly into the chorus as they lost themselves in each other’s eyes, and ‘I Can Take My Eyes Off You]’*** repeated over and over in their ears. Tara lovingly placed her hand on Willow’s cheek, and as Willow leaned into the hand Tara closed the space between them. The kiss was passionate but chaste, Tara funneled all her love and hope for them into that one moment.

That one kiss said everything.

Willow could feel Tara and returned those desires with every ounce of her being. Coming up for air, she rested her cheek against Tara’s; feeling Tara’s breath on her skin made her shiver and her skin tingle.

“It’s true you know,” Willow whispered.

“What?”

“I can’t take my eyes off you. I haven’t been able to since that day at the Wiccan group, and unless I go blind it will never happen. Even then I think I’ll still see you, my heart will see you. I love you, Tara.”

Pressing a kiss to Willow’s flushed cheek, in husky tones Tara said, “No more than I love you, my sweet girl.”

They pulled away from one another smiling at each other the way only lovers can, smiles that exclude everyone and everything around them – they only have eyes for one another.

“Would you like to watch a movie? I have a few on here,” Willow said, gazing at Tara as she pulled the ear buds free of the laptop. Not paying attention to what she was doing, her elbow ran over the keys, inadvertently starting a movie clip. Willow looked at Tara with a guilty expression. Tara smiled mischievously at her and with a wink they both fell in with the whistling from the clip.

Much to Giles’ dismay, he turned to both girls looking extremely offended as they grinned and bobbed their heads along with ‘Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.’

“Really Willow, ‘The Life of Brian’? Couldn’t you have picked something better, maybe something like The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog?”

Willow raised an eyebrow and with all the seriousness she could muster, said, “Well, Giles, I guess screaming ‘Run Away’ while trying to run away does seem a little redundant since that’s the first rule of being a Scooby. Besides, I don’t hate Anya that much…all of the time.”

Tara sat snickering next to her and Giles tried to continue to look peeved.

“Yes, well you have a point.”

At this point both girls guffawed loudly causing several heads to turn in their direction.

“Have you ever been known to overstate a situation, Giles?” Tara asked, getting her laughter under control.

“Only when it comes to an apocalypse, then he can’t say enough,” Willow answered smugly.

“One can never say enough about an apocalypse when preparing to thwart it, can one?” The corners of Giles’ mouth were beginning to twitch.

“By the time we got to our fourth or fifth apocalypse he had moved on to ranting instead of demonstrating something almost like indignation. I actually think Giles got offended that some Big Bad had decided to take over the world on his watch,” Willow said, trying to goad Giles into a smile.

“It is my duty as a Watcher to keep my Slayer as prepared as… oh, you know the drill,” Giles said, this time with a smile and a wave of his hand.

“Aha! See, I knew you could do it! You would think he’s allergic to happy! Not a happy, but being happy in general and by that I mean smiling, not a literal happy because, sorry Giles but ewww. I don’t really want to think of you and a happy at the same time. Actually, the only person I want to think about at the same time as I think about a happy is right next to me, and why for the love of all that is good don’t you stop me when I start doing this?” Willow said, now beet red and looking at Tara with a helpless expression.

Tara looked at a rather pink Giles and then back to Willow with a smirk. “I think it’s cute, and because the entertainment factor right now is so high, I just can’t help myself.”

Both Willow and Giles now looked out their respective windows with the greatest of interest and Tara began to whistle again to both of their dismay.

The rest of the flight was uneventful; as they began the decent into Sunnydale Tara noticed that Willow looked a little uncomfortable.

“Sweetie, what’s wrong?”

“Hmm? Nothing.” Willow darted a glance and tried to keep looking out of the window while taking deep breaths.

“Willow, do you not like to fly?” Tara asked incredulously.

“No, no, the flying part I don’t mind so much, it’s the taking off and landing I don’t like. All of these images in my head of planes colliding or bursting into flames at take off are as bad as the ones of them bursting into flames at landing or wheels buckling and the plane skidding down the runway and bursting into flames,” Willow responded nervously.

Tara took Willow’s hand while directing ripples of calmness towards her. “I see a theme there, sweetie. So what’s with the bursting into flames?”

“I’m not sure…” Willow said thoughtfully. “Maybe one too many of Xander’s movies; I’ve seen ‘Apocalypse Now’ so many times I can quote dialogue with him.”

By the time their conversation was over they had landed and were taxiing into their gate. Since it was a small plane they got out on the tarmac. Willow noticed the difference in the air; the water was almost palpable compared to the dry heat she had become accustomed to. As they went upstairs into the cooler corridor leading out of the gate, the hyper little boy went past them at full tilt, this time screaming, ”ice cream!”

“At least he’s got the right idea this time,” Willow snarked.

Giles grimaced once again at the back of the screaming child’s head. “Let’s hurry, shall we?”

Reaching the baggage claim, they could hear the little boy still screaming at full volume at one end of the belt. They pulled their luggage off quickly and went in the opposite direction. They caught a taxi to the only rental car company in Sunnydale and Tara and Willow stood back while Giles rented a car.

Willow was bouncing on the balls of her feet as they waited and her expression was more than a bit tense.

“Willow, sweetie, breathe,” Tara encouraged as she took Willow’s hand again. This time she didn’t try to calm Willow though. Raising their joined hands Tara kissed the back of Willow’s hand and smiled her reassurance.

“I’m nervous, Tara.” The calm of Willow’s voice was belied by her nervous bounce.

“I know you are, and you have every reason to be. You can’t predict how other people will act, even those you know and love so well. You’ve been gone a long time. We’ve talked about this sweetie. I won’t placate you, things will be how they’re meant to be – you just have to be brave enough to face them.”

Willow nodded and stared at her shoes. Just then, Giles approached them looking tense as well.

“Yes, off we go,” he said with a feigned brightness. A young man pulled up in a shiny red two door sports car. Willow and Tara looked at each other and rolled their eyes.

“Really, Giles?” Willow couldn’t help herself.

“It’s all they had.” Giles tried to bluster his way out from Willow’s scrutiny.

“Right, and Buffy teaches Driver’s Ed now. I should make you ride in the back and see how you like it,” Willow pouted. “Are you even sure it has a trunk?”

Getting snippy, Giles said, “Yes, Willow I’m sure it does. Now, if you’re quite finished we should get on with it.”

Willow grumbled as she walked to the back of the car, all the while giving Giles a dirty look, and muttering about midlife crises.

“I can ride in the back, Willow; it’s not a big deal,” Tara said.

“It’s okay, baby, sometimes I feel obligated to harass him. Besides, he does this every time.” Willow shrugged, knowing Giles could hear her, and smiled sweetly as she put her bag in the trunk.

“Huh, it’s roomier in here than the last one,” Willow remarked. “At least I can sit up straight.”

Tara covered her smile with her hand and Giles proceeded to make what Willow called his clucking sound. Giles eased out of the parking lot with such care that even Tara gave him a look.

“See, I told you, he rents them then drives like my grandmother…if I had one,” Willow stage whispered to Tara.

“You do know I can hear you, correct?” Giles huffed.

“Uh huh,” grinned Willow.

Giles cleared his throat and shot her a reproachful look via the rearview mirror. “Yes, well there you have it. Where would you like me to take you both?”

Quietly, Willow replied, “Buffy’s.”

More gently, Giles asked, “Are you sure Willow?”

“Yeah, Giles, I’m sure.” Willow stared at her hands while her leg began to bounce. Tara turned as much as she could in her seat and offered her hand to Willow, which she immediately took.

The ride to Buffy’s was done in silence, and twenty minutes later they pulled up in front of 1630 Revello Drive. Giles turned off the engine, and the three sat in silence, both he and Tara watching Willow for their signal to get out. Willow’s eyes moved over the house looking for changes. With a nod, Tara opened her door, getting out, and then pulled the seat up to let Willow climb out. Giles had both of their bags waiting when they stepped around to the back of the little sports car.

Willow looked at Giles and he shook his head as he set the bags down. Willow tried to smile as she moved to give him a hug. Tara was struck again by the affection that had developed between the two, and move onto the curb a little away from the pair. Willow turned back with a smile and grabbed both bags. Watching Giles drive away, she stepped up next to Tara.

“Do I get a blindfold and a cigarette?” she asked glibly.

“Since when do you smoke?” Tara asked, going along with her.

“Hey, I’m a one hot mama yama, didn’t you know?” Willow quirked an eyebrow at Tara.

Smiling suggestively, Tara stepped towards Willow. “Oh, I know alright.”

Willow set their bags down again so she could wrap her arms around Tara’s waist. Tara cupped Willow’s face in her hands and kissed her sweetly several times before holding her in a tight embrace. She nuzzled Willow’s neck, placing a few soft kisses there and she could feel Willow begin to relax some. Willow’s face was buried in her neck. Willow’s deep breaths to steady herself were all Tarascented.

“Sweetie, you know I love being in your arms more than anything, but standing here on the curb might not be the best place to continue this. Are you ready?” Tara asked gently after some time had passed.

Willow kissed her neck, and with another Tarascented deep breath she released her hold and turned towards the house. She straightened her shoulders, and they each grabbed their bag before walking up the steps to the door. Tara got her keys out and started to open the door when she felt a hand on her sleeve. Looking over her shoulder at Willow, she could see the apprehension on her face.

“Can you wait just a few minutes?” Willow asked, sounding for all the world like a small child.

“Of course.” Tara dropped her arm, waiting patiently for Willow.

Willow seemed to inspect the entire porch, turning to look all around her like she had never been there before. Willow looked at Tara and smiled weakly as she nodded for Tara to open the door. The locks turning seemed unusually loud to them both. Tara swung the door inwards and stepped inside. Setting her bag down, she yelled cheerily, “Honey, I’m home!”

Willow stepped in behind her; Tara turned smoothly to shut the door they had just stepped through. Movement could be heard from upstairs and they both looked up at the sounds. The squeak of leather in the living room made Willow jump, and she and Tara turned. Tara smiled brightly in greeting to her housemate.

Well, well, well, the prodigal witch has come home,” Buffy said as she rose from her chair. Her expression was unreadable, and her voice even as she stood with her arms crossed over her chest. Willow jumped again as a door upstairs slammed shut.

TBC....

*** Said promised trivia. Melanie Doane, who wrote this song, wrote it about her t.v. during a large binge as a couch potato. It's not even a love song in the traditional sense. Don't believe me? Got to YouTube and search the title and look for the entry that has other song titles in it. It's live and she explains the song and sings a verse and chorus. Maybe it was done on purpose by Joss, but that would be giving him a lot of credit. ***

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic - Dry Heat Chapter FifteenPosted 11/12/10
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:21 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Dibs! Dibs! Must read first before leaving wonderfully insightful feedback ;-)

Ok.. as wonderful as ever.. Except for that last part where I don't get to read anymore until December... DECEMBER???? :sob

I really love the way you depict magic in this fic.. I know I said it before, but I'll say it again.. Love it. It's believeable and not contrived and makes me want to learn more about Wicca, even though I was born into a Catholic family (don't hold it against me!) and may be burned at the stake for even thinking about Wicca.

I liked seeing more of Giles in this part.. Sometimes he annoys me (mostly in parts of the show), but you paint him well as a character... I'm still in shock over the cliff-hanger and the announcement that there's a hiatus until December... sorry, moving on ;-)

Tara/Willow interaction was spot on as usual. I especially liked the explanation about the music list--it shows a process that Willow went through. I'm glad you're taking the time to explain the separation as well as the reunion.

You've left so many little hints in this chapter about things that are going to be bugging me... until DECEMBER! Like: who should T/W look out for when contacting other witches about the coven? Is there a new antagonist? How are Buffy and Dawn going to react to Willow's arrival and the fact that she and Willow are back together?What has Giles all twitchy..really?

I'd say I can't wait for more and I am patiently waiting for an update, but you can tell I want more NOW, so I wont ;-)

I apologize for my candour and sarcasm in this feedback... I've just returned to myself after watching in a lesbian haze some awesome ice hockey played by some AMAZING women... Go Canada! :peace

P.S. Any wiggle room with the whole "December" thing? I don't have a November Thanksgiving to get me through the wait :cry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:43 pm 
8. Vixen

Cy, My Dear Cy,

Awww, don't cry, I don't like making girls cry, how very bad of me. :ashamed But alas poor Cy, I don't like flying without a safety dance - I mean net. I mean my beta. I would rather you get something I am pleased with than something that makes your head hurt, or at the very least mine with embarrassment.

Your fb made me laugh - several times. Sarcasm and candor are two things I personally appreciate.

I love that you the magic. With Tara being born a witch I do think it should be a second nature thing with her on some level with some things. It would be innate to her, like scratching you nose or blinking - it just is. Willow has had to learn this, but what I am hoping to get across, and it seems I am, is that it has become this way for her too. There's less trying, like learning an instrument! This is their instrument, they've been practicing for years, gotten very comfortable with it so it flows. I was brought up Assembly of God - do you know what that is? So I totally understand about being Catholic, I would be right next to you on the next pyre. If you have questions feel free to me. I'll do a bit more explaining if you want.

I some ways, I think Giles got short changed. He could've been written less stogy, it's not like he was 108, and a bit more understanding of being young. While he may not have been technologically inclined, he did tear it up in the 70's, so he wasn't dead yet by the time he got himself sorted out and became Buffy's Watcher. Hopefully, I'll be able to make all of my secondary characters more complex and less one dimensional than the show did.

I'm glad you like their interactions. This is where what I get to do here is NOT like the show. AT ALL. I get to take the time and flesh out these aspects of the relationships, I say the because there are more to come now that Willow has gone home even though this is temporary. Groundwork will be established for when Tara and Willow come home to stay, and we move forward into season 7 territory. ;)

Now, as for -

Quote:
You've left so many little hints in this chapter about things that are going to be bugging me... until DECEMBER! Like: who should T/W look out for when contacting other witches about the coven? Is there a new antagonist? How are Buffy and Dawn going to react to Willow's arrival and the fact that she and Willow are back together?What has Giles all twitchy..really?

All, I will say is I'm not tellin'.

Hey a girls gotta have some mystery, right? ;) As for the lesbian haze, have some cold water, maybe a cold shower, I dunno maybe a glass of wine if you drink... or maybe that'll make it worse...

Telling you sixteen is actually already done and waiting to be beta'd is probably a little mean, so I'll admit that it's not. I'm about 3/4 of the way done and I've been writing a chapter ahead of what FC and I are beta-ing. I'm also working on something unrelated so I haven't devoted a lot of time knowing about FC's other plans. I'll throw this into the ring, unless you feel up to beta-ing the first chapter of the second half, m'dear, patience is a virtue.

BTW, did you find the title in the story? For fun I used it somewhere, now I wanna see how many people catch it. ;)

Thanks Cy!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:10 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Did you forget to include the chapter title when you posted, cause I can't seem to find it.. again, I'm still in my haze, so it could just be that talking again.

Oh, you're such a tease telling me about having most of the chapter finished.. shame on you! Ok, I don't want you to be left in embarrassment (which I don't think will happen), but I'll stop begging... soon-ish ;-)

Glad I could make you laugh.. does this mean I don't have to wait until December??!

I'll admit that I have no idea what the Assembly of God is, but I love the idea of religion--well, of dissecting it really. I could've looked it up on Google and wowed you with my Wiki-knowledge, but since I decided to have that glass of ...beer (not wine... can only drink it like a shot--down the hatch and no looking back), my truth serum will not allow me to tell a fib.

I LOVE meaty secondary characters... hmm.. that sounds like it could be deliciously taken in an entirely different way.. Anyway, it's something that I think a great writer has the ability to do and do well. It makes a story. Alas, this is something that my fic is sorely lacking, but I'm trying to make up for it... slowly but surely.

Quote:
All, I will say is I'm not tellin'.

Hey a girls gotta have some mystery, right?

NO! No mystery! This is why I am a lesbian.. because I'm a girl, thus I know how they think.. sort of.. and thus, no mystery! You're messing with the karmic way of life here, lady!

P.S. I forgot to mention I really loved the poetics at the beginning of the chapter.. makes me want to steal it and pass it off as my own.. but I can't now because I just told you.. rats!

P.S.P,S, I'd love to give a go on the beta-ing... don't want to step on anyone's toes and impinge on their beta-rights, though. I'm still a newbie so I'm not up on all the nuances of the KB yet :blush

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:36 pm 
8. Vixen

Ahh, girl , you do give me a good chuckle, Cy.

I used the story title in a section of - drum roll - the story, I'll give you a hint - they got off the plane in Sunnydale, so look for that part of the story. I don't give the chapters themselves titles, so know you didn't miss anything.

Hmmmm, a tease... yes I suppose I am, but is it metaphorical or literal since this is literary? - ok, that was bad I know.

Boy, you sure are persistent. Are you related to my ex? LOL ;)

Assembly of God, how to explain... they fall under the heading of Pentecostal (do you know what that is?) Let's just say EXTREME, my great-grandmother handles snakes - the poisonous kind - as a form of worship... yeah. Speaking in tongues, all of that good stuff. Sunday church was always so much fun for me. So growing not only into a lesbian, but one that has renounce any traditional Judeo-Christian type of belief system, let's just say most of my family doesn't talk to me. I think they are waiting for me to burst into flames.

So yeah.

Quote:
I LOVE meaty secondary characters... hmm.. that sounds like it could be deliciously taken in an entirely different way
- this tickled me to NO end, just how far into that beer are you?

Quote:
NO! No mystery! This is why I am a lesbian.. because I'm a girl, thus I know how they think.. sort of.. and thus, no mystery! You're messing with the karmic way of life here, lady!
- Awww, c'mon mystery is part of the fun. It's like a girl in a gorgeous dress and taking her out of it, yes ma'am. That's almost as good as my birthday, Solstice and New year all combined!

Quote:
P.S. I forgot to mention I really loved the poetics at the beginning of the chapter.. makes me want to steal it and pass it off as my own.. but I can't now because I just told you.. rats!
- As long as you give me credit as the author you may borrow. I prefer to be asked first, and you kinda just did, so there you have it.

Quote:
P.S.P,S, I'd love to give a go on the beta-ing... don't want to step on anyone's toes and impinge on their beta-rights, though. I'm still a newbie so I'm not up on all the nuances of the KB yet
- I don't know maybe some beta's are territorial. Mine and I have discussed it as a "what if scenario", or a "real life is more pressing I can't do this" kinda thing.So I don't believe there would be an issues, and it's really more me you have to sweet talk into finishing it. If you're serious pm and we'll talk.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:46 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

OK, so I lied... I didn't open the beer until after I posted last time.. so that was all me (maybe I shouldn't admit that :blush )

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:49 pm 
8. Vixen

LMAO

Even better!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:39 am 
3. Flaming O

Hey Heather, just popped in to check if you posted and couldn't help but get drawn in to the hysterics going on between you and Cyteach. And now I feel like some kind of voyeur!

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to leave a message for Cyteach on the beta'ing score and this seemed like the best place to do it. Hope that's okay.

Hello Cyteach, as Heather already mentioned, I won't be around for the rest of the month so if you're up for helping Heather that's all good by me. This is Heather's fic and so any help she chooses to bring in is completely down to her, and if she decides she'd rather stick with a different beta (gulp) that's down to her too and I'll have complete respect for that decision. By the way, I'll be blushing 'til about Wednesday after the very kind words you left over at my fic. Thanks a million.

Happy rest of November.
foreverchanges

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:04 am 
8. Vixen

FC, tonight has been an interesting night. I can't even say it's a full moon or it's blue; tonight things happened how they were supposed to. It was fun too. :)

I would never not want to work with you - no gulping, not gonna happen, perish the thought, nuh uh, no way! As we spoke of early on of maybe have two beta's in tandem or rotate chapters this might just be it. I sent Cy an email saying pretty much that and I would contact you but you've beaten me to the punch! As she fills me in on what she would like to do, I will let you know if this is a one off or what.

Thanks for checking to see if I had posted yet. *goofy grin* Ok, everyone in their happy places, no worries and sweetest of dreams. I'm going to bed!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next