The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: TWILIGHT REVISITED - UPDATED 8/6/2010!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:51 pm 
5. Willowhand

TWILIGHT REVISITED

Disclaimer: All characters from Buffy The Vampire Slayer are the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. This is merely a fan fic – not meant to infringe on any copyrights.

Pairings: Willow/Tara (eventually)…, Buffy & ???
Ratings: PG for now…eventually NC-17
Setting: Yep…you guessed it. This will be a take off on the Twilight series, folks…just for kicks. Let me know what you think…if you like it…I’ll keep going.

Prologue

Some say death is only the beginning...I guess I never thought of it that way. I mean…you grow up viewing it as being so final…so absolute…so scary. I used to fear death…but now, after coming back to Sunnydale…I look forward to it.

Willow sat silently in the front seat of her father’s older model BMW as they turned down the street that she would now call home, Revello Drive. It was the summer before her senior year…not exactly the best time to be moving to another school, but what choice did she have? It just wasn’t practical for her to stay with her mother, since she was going to be relocating to Japan for work. The scenery had changed a bit, but it was still the home that she remembered spending the first six year of her life in, and most Hannukahs since.

“Some things have changed a bit, Wills…but it’s still the same old Sunnydale.” Ira said, trying to spur a bit of conversation with his daughter, who had become somewhat a stranger in the past few years.

“Yeah…I can see that…” Willow said, somewhat morose.

The car slowed down, making it’s final turn into the driveway of a small two-story Cape Cod.

“Well…here we are.” Ira said, somewhat uncomfortably. He was excited to have his only child back with him again, but felt as though he didn’t really know this young woman sitting next to him. If it weren’t for the red hair and freckles, he would have questioned whether or not he’d actually picked up the right person at the airport.

Willow opened the door and climbed out, taking a deep breath of the warm California air.

“Yeah…well…I’ll get your bags and bring them up to your room for you. Meet you up there?” Ira said.

“What?” Willow answered, somewhat in a daze.

“I’m going to take your bags in. Meet you inside, okay?”

“Oh…yeah, thanks Dad.” Willow said, grabbing her backpack as she followed him into the house.

It still smelled the same. Like a combination of old wood and pipe tobacco.

Willow made her way up the stairs to the first door on the left, her room. Ira set her bags on the newly made bed.

“I hope you like it.” Ira said, rubbing his hand across the bedspread. “My secretary has a daughter your age, and she thought you’d like it.”

“It’s great, Dad. Just a little tired, k?” Willow said, sitting on the edge of the bed.

“Yeah…I’ll bet you are. Well just take your time, I’ll be downstairs.” He said, making his way to the door.

“Wills?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m glad you’re here.” He said with a smile, turning and walking back towards the stairs.

Meanwhile…

Tara Maclay sat, her legs crossed into a lotus position at the end of the couch, her sister, Anya, at the other end.

“An…you’re just exaggerating…” Tara said, disregarding what her older sister had said.

“I do NOT exaggerate! I can only tell you what I see…that’s one possible path. You can change it if you wanted to…but why would you?” Anya asked.

“Why would I what?”

“Why would you want to avoid all of this? This is what you’ve been waiting for…why would you choose instead to spend forever…like this…alone?” she asked.

“Because it’s not fair. I can’t choose this for anyone…it’s something that they would have to choose for themselves.” Tara replied, softly.

“Don’t you think that they should at least have the chance…that you should have a chance?” Anya said, looking to her sister.

“I don’t know, An…I just don’t know.” Tara said, trying desperately to get the visions of the red-haired beauty that had been plaguing her thoughts out of her head.

Meanwhile…

Willow laid back on the soft mattress of her double bed, her eyelids becoming heavier and heavier. It seemed like she had just dozed off, when she heard Ira knocking at her door.

“Hey Wills? Are you awake?” he asked, still standing in the doorway.

Willow opened her eyes, rubbing the sleep from them.

“Hey, Dad. What’s up?” she said, groggily.

“Word travels quickly around here…you’ve got some visitors.”

“I’ll be right down.” Willow said, slowly getting up from the bed.
Visitors…not exactly in the mood for talking right now. Wonder who it could be?

She made her way down the stairs to the living room area, where a tall, gangly young man with dark hair who looked vaguely familiar stood.

“Wills?” he said, running towards her, grabbing her into a bear hug.
Willow, caught somewhat unawares by his actions, remained silent.
Noticing her lack of response, the young man released his grip, backing off.

“You don’t remember…do you?” He asked.

“Sorry…” Willow began.

“No sorries! It’s been like twelve years since I fixed that yellow crayon of yours…” he began.

“Xander?” She asked.

“The one and only!” He said, goofily.

It was Willow who did the embracing this time. Xander and she had lost touch over the years, but he had been her best friend through kindegarten and much of gradeschool before moving to New York with her mother.

“How have you been? You’re so tall!!!” Willow said, excitedly.

“Good…and you’re still so tiny!” He said, jokingly.

In the background, a small blonde young woman stood.

“Boy…that was some reunion!” She remarked.

“Hey! Sorry, Buff…almost forgot!” Xander said, pulling the blonde over to where he and Willow now stood. “Buffy…this is Willow…Wills…this is Buffy. She’s in our grade…so we’ll all be going to Sunnydale High together next week.”

Willow extended her hand to Buffy, who reciprocated the handshake.

“Whoa…nice grip!” Willow said, surprised at the girl’s strength.

Buffy immediately retracted her hand.

“Sorry about that…my bad. Didn’t meant to get all with the grabby hand there…”

“No problem.” Willow said “Nice to meet you.”

“So how about Buff and I swing around and pick you up for school on Monday?” Xander suggested.

“Yeah…sure. That would be great!”

“Excellent…we’ll let you get unpacked and everything…but we’ll see you on Monday!” Xander said, heading towards the door.

“Sounds good.”

Buffy followed, but turned back just before exiting.

“Hey Wills…I know it’s been a while since you lived here…the night life can be a little crazy. Best to stay in after dark around here, k?” She said, cautiously.

“No big plans tonight…so I guess I’m good.” Willow answered.

“Excellent…we’ll see ya on Monday!” Buffy said, closing the door behind them.

Huh…that was kinda weird. Why would she be concerned about me going out after dark? Eh…whatever…

To Be Continued...

Maybe...if you guys like it...let me know!

Thanks!

FIRESIGN
aka Cin :kgeek

Last edited by FIRESIGN on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC!!!! TWIGHLIGHT REVISITED
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:02 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 3
I must say so far I like it lots :-D

Ash :peace

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:53 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

this story certainly has a good beginning ... so yes please continue! :D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:55 pm 
5. Willowhand

Chapter One

Willow spent much of the weekend unpacking her things and getting reacquainted with her father. Although Ira was a man of few words, he always seemed to get his point across, and he had definitely made Willow feel welcome and wanted. Monday morning, Xander and Buffy arrived, as planned…

Willow and Ira were finishing their breakfast when they heard the honk of Xander’s truck horn.

“That’s my ride.” Willow said, taking one more bite of her toast before getting up from the chair and grabbing her backpack.

“Sure you don’t want me to take you? First day and all?”

“No…that’s okay. I’m good.” She walked over to the other side of the table, giving Ira a kiss on the cheek. “Have a good day, Dad.”

“You too, Wills.” Ira said, taking a sip of his coffee as he watched his daughter disappear through the door.

Just as Willow reached the old Ford Pickup, Xander hopped out, gallantly opening the door for her.

“Your chariot awaits, m’lady!” He said, bowing down, jokingly.

“Thanks!” Willow chuckled, climbing in.

Xander closed the door and went back around, climbing in the driver’s seat.

“Morning, Willster!” Buffy said, oddly cheerful for this time in the morning. “All ready to start classes at the illustrious Sunnydale High?”

“As ready as I’ll ever get, I guess.” Willow said. “Not like I have a choice, right?”

“Aww…Wills…it’s not that bad…really! It’s going to be great! I’m sure we’ll have some classes together and stuff.” Xander said, excited at the prospect of spending more time with the petite red-head.

“You know what you need?” Buffy asked.

Willow looked at her and shook her head no.

“Do we have time?” Xander asked.

Buffy looked at her watch.

“Yep. Definitely!” She said, happily.

“Time for what?” Willow asked. “ I really have to get there early enough to check in at the office…”

“No worries, Wills…there’s always time for Beaner’s…it will only take a minute…and I promise, it’s worth it!” Buffy said, enthusiastically.

Xander turned into a parking lot near the school, pulling up to what appeared to be an old photo processing booth. The booth was now painted purple and had a large sign with a coffee cup on it that said ‘Beaner’s’.

“Alrighty…mochas all around?” Xander asked.

“Sounds good to me!” Buffy said.

“Wills?”

“Yeah…sure, I guess. Never had one.”

“You’ve never had a mocha? How is that possible?” Buffy asked.

“My Mom wasn’t big on coffee…we always just had tea in the house. Guess I never really got around to trying it anywhere else.” Willow explained.

“Well let me tell you, my friend…you are in for a treat!” Xander said, turning to the window of the booth, which was now occupied by the owner.

“Morning, Xan-man!” The owner said. “ The usual?”

“Make it three of ‘em…I’ve got these two lovely ladies with me this morning!” Xander said with a smile.

“You’ve got it! Three mochas with an extra shot of expresso, heavy on the chocolate!” He said, turning around to his barrister, ordering the drinks.

Willow reached into her pocket for her money, but Xander stopped her, shaking head.

“Nope…not this morning…it’s on me! We’re celebrating!” Xander explained.

“Yeah? Celebrating what?” Buffy asked.

“The Willster’s return to Sunnydale…the first day of our last year at Sunnydale high…need I say more?”

“Hey, if there’s free mochas in the mix…that’s good enough for me!”

Xander handed the man the money and took the mochas one-by-one, passing them across to the girls.

Willow took a small sip, the luxurious taste of rich, dark chocolate, cream, and French roast tantalizing her taste buds, exploding with flavor for the very first time.

“Oh…oh my…” Willow began, stopping only to take another sip. “That’s really…really…wow. That’s good.”

“See…what’d I tell you?” Buffy said. “I’m a Beaner’s girl for life…best way to start the day! Especially since we’ve got history first hour.”

“I’m with you on that one…love G-man to death…but he’s about as exciting as a two-by-four when it comes to history.”

“G-man?” Willow asked.

“Giles…he’s my Wa-…” Buffy started, stopping herself mid-sentence. “ He’s the history teacher…and doubles as librarian.”

Buffy’s slip did not go unnoticed by Willow; however, she thought she’d just keep it to herself right now. She didn’t know the blonde well-enough to be prying into her personal business…at least not yet.

The three chatted the rest of the way to the school. By the time they pulled into the parking lot, Willow had nearly finished her mocha and was starting to feel the effects of caffeine in her system for the very first time.

“Wow! This stuff really wakes you up!” She said, quickly and excitedly.

“Hehehe! Sounds like that extra shot of expresso is starting to kick in!”
Xander said, laughing. “Here’s the office, Wills. We’ll meet you in class, k?”

“Yep! Sure thing! I’ll see you there!” She said, opening the door to the office, nearly pulling it off it’s hinges as it hit the wall behind with a thud. “Ooops. Sorry about that.” She said, but Xander and Buffy had already disappeared down the hall.

It didn’t take long to get checked in at the office. Ira had taken care of getting her school records sent from New York and had registered her, with Xander’s help, for all of her classes. She made her way down to room 112, entering the door with exactly a minute to spare.

As she entered the room, she noticed that there was only one desk left, near the front of the classroom, and she made her way towards it. She was just about to the desk when it happened…

A young woman with flowing blonde hair, dressed in jeans and a white peasant top, looked up from the desk nearest Willows. As she did, her sapphire blue eyes made contact with Willow’s, and time seemed to come to a complete stop…

To Be Continued...

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks! :pride

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:09 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

this is really good ... I like Willow on mocha! :D

-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:26 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 3
Quote:
“Wow! This stuff really wakes you up!” She said, quickly and excitedly.

oh gosh Willow and caffeine...never a good mix hehe
Quote:
A young woman with flowing blonde hair, dressed in jeans and a white peasant top, looked up from the desk nearest Willows. As she did, her sapphire blue eyes made contact with Willow’s, and time seemed to come to a complete stop…

so it begins hehe :party
can't wait for more

Ash :peace

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:17 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Willster sure gets spazzy on Mocha...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:05 am 
3. Flaming O

This is off to a very good start, just got started on the vampy thing but do not feel like actually reading Twillight (too heavy on studying right now) but this comes as the perfect compromise, keep it coming and you have a faithful reader right here! Thanks!

~The Show Must Go On by Queen

Post subject: TWILIGHT REVISITED - Chapter Two is now up!!! 11/13/09
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:01 pm 
5. Willowhand

CHAPTER TWO

Intoxicating…

It was the only word that could accurately describe the smell that hit her as the red-head walked in the room. Tara instantly felt a dry burn in the back of her throat as she realized the source.

“I-it’s you.” Tara managed, before nearly being overcome by the betrayal of her own senses.

“Hey…hi…this seat, um…taken?” Willow said, more quickly than intended, still riding her mocha-induced caffeine buzz.

Tara held her breath, desperately fighting her innate urges. She looked up at the red-head, shyly shaking her head ‘no’.

“Excellent!” Willow said, excitedly, tossing her backpack next to the desk, sitting down near the blonde.

Oh…my…goddess! She is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life…which granted, hasn’t been that long…I mean, hel-lo! Only 18…but…wow! Am I babbling? Holy crap…I’m babbling in my own thoughts! Damned mocha! Okay…steady Rosenberg…looks like that…even if she’s gay…she’s probably taken…just play it cool…calm…collected…

“Hi! My name is Willow and I just moved here but I’m really glad I did seems like a cool school, and I’m talking way too fast so you probably think I’m some kind of spaz…but I had my first mocha this morning…and hel-lo! Caffeine buzz!” Willow babbled excitedly.

Stay calm…don’t breathe…

The blonde sat there, motionless, her sapphire eyes trained intently on Willow’s, fighting every urge in her body. But the feelings were too intense, she could take it no longer, and quickly packed her books in her bag and retreated, much to Willow’s chagrin, through the classroom door.

Idiot! I can’t believe I just did that! Way to go, Rosenberg!

Willow slumped back into her chair, disappointed and embarassed at her behavior…and more importantly, the blonde’s reaction to it.

Buffy, seeing how the scene had unfolded, leaned over towards Willow’s desk.

“Hey Wills…don’t kick yourself too much. That bunch is all a little squirelly.”

“Yeah?” Willow said. “And what bunch would that be?”

“That bunch would be the Maclays.” Xander piped in.

“Yep…weirdest family in town. Best to just keep your distance, Wills…” Buffy suggested, looking at Xander, who nodded his agreement.

“Yeah…I suppose…” Willow said, wondering why Buffy and Xander had such a negative opinion of the obviously beautiful and intriguing blonde and her family. She decided it was a topic best delved into later…

Meanwhile…

The door slammed shut behind Tara as she ran up the stairs to her room.

“Hello? Anybody there?” Elizabeth asked, walking out into the entryway.

“I-it’s just m-me, mother.” Tara answered from her room, obviously somewhat upset.

Elizabeth, sensing the girl’s distress, proceeded up the stairs to Tara’s room, knocking on the open door as she got there.

Knock! Knock!

“H-hi.” Tara stammered, nervously thumbing through her CDs on the shelf.

“Hi yourself.” Elizabeth said, observing her daughter’s odd behavior. “Do you want to tell me why you’re not at school?”

“I…um…I…j-just…didn’t feel l-like it.” Tara said, purposely not looking at her Mother.

“Sweetheart…I know there’s more to it than that…you haven’t stuttered at home in years.” Elizabeth said, walking over and putting a comforting arm around the girl. She guided her to the futon, sitting down next to her. “Now, do you want to tell me what’s going on, or shall we play the guessing game?” She said, smiling softly.

Tara took a deep breath in an attempt to steady her nerves. She knew there was no point in waiting, Elizabeth would find out eventually.

“I…” She began “…there’s…well…th-there’s this…”

“Just tell me, Tara…you know I’ll understand…” Elizabeth said, wishing she could quell her daughter’s fears.

“There’s this…girl…a-and…I’ve always b-been in control before…b-but the minute she walked in…all I could th-think about was…” Tara stopped herself, not wanting to go into details, hoping that Elizabeth was getting the gist of the where the conversation was going.

“So…it’s happened…” Elizabeth began, placing her hand under Tara’s chin, lifting it so that the girl’s eyes met her own. “My dear, sweet, Tara…did you think that you were immune to it?”

“I-I don’t know.” Tara said. “It was s-so powerful…I…I almost couldn’t c-control it…”

“But you did…and you will.”

“Anya t-told me…it’s going to happen…eventually…b-but she’s so full of life! I can feel it c-coursing through h-her veins…”

“Remember, what Anya sees is only one possible path…so that may change…but Tara, if the connection that you feel is mutual…why would you wish for anything else?” Elizabeth asked.

“How could I wish for someone s-so alive…s-so vibrant…so full of l-light to willingly give that all up?” Tara asked.

“That’s not for you to decide, my Tara…she is the mistress of her own destiny…and if that destiny is you…she will have to give that up.”

If what the girl was feeling was even a fraction of what Tara was experiencing, she had no doubt what the outcome would be…

To be continued...

Post subject: Re: NEW FIC!!!! TWILIGHT REVISITED
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:51 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... I wonder how Willow and Tara are going to get some alone talking time...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:49 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

two words - more please! :D

-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:46 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Wow very nice story, i like it alot, i want it more too...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:55 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

me want more :party me want more :banana
RC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:20 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Holy Guacamole that has me hooked!!!!! :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky

Post subject: TWILIGHT REVISITED - Chapter 3 Is Now Up!!!! 11.14.09
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:14 pm 
5. Willowhand

CHAPTER THREE

Willow, Buffy, and Xander took their lunches over to one of the tables in the courtyard, sitting in a particularly sunny area.

Willow looked curiosly at Buffy’s tray, and then her own. The small blonde girl had piled the oversized tray full of food to the point that some of it spilled over the sides when she sat it down.

“Ooops!” Buffy said, picking up the doughnut that had fallen onto the table. “Get back here!” she said, gingerly taking a large bite of the pastry. “You can run, but you can’t hide!”

Xander, seeing Willow’s reaction, piped in “Super high metabolism…I keep telling her it’s going to catch up with her one of these days…but what do I know?”

“What?” Buffy said, her mouth full of sweet goodness.

“Nothing, Buff.” Xander said with a smile. “So, Wills…what do you think of our lovely little Sunnydale High?”

Willow poked around the salad on her tray, somewhat distant. She couldn’t seem to shake the thought of the beautiful blonde with the icy blue eyes from first hour.

So beautiful…why did she run like that? Do I smell? I know I was a little spastic, but was I really that bad? Come on, Rosenberg…you were a total and complete spazzy geek…

“Wills?” Xander said, pulling the red-head out of her self-induced haze.

“What?” She replied, not having heard anything that her friend had just said.

“Wow…where were you just then?” He asked.

“I don’t know…did you see the way that girl in first hour just got up and left really quick when I sat next to her?” Willow asked.

Buffy stopped chewing, looking up at Xander.

“Yeah…she’s just different…the whole family is. Maybe she wasn’t feeling good or something.” Xander said, nonchalantly. “So…as I was saying…what do you think of Sunnydale High?”

“I mean…you guys would tell me if…if I smelled funny…or had a booger hanging out of my nose or something…wouldn’t you?” Willow said, trying to bring the focus back on the original topic.

“Yes, Wills…in fact, you have a big ol’ nasty gob of slime hanging out of your left nostril as we speak…” Buffy said, sarcastically. “I’m telling you…they’re just weird…don’t worry about it, k?”

“Yeah…you don’t smell…well, yeah…I guess you do. But it’s not bad or anything…you always smell like wild strawberries…have since we were kids!” Xander added, having noted the alluring aroma more than once.

“Realllllly?” Buffy said, somewhat surprised by his statement.

Both girls looked up, both waiting for some kind of explanation.

“What? It’s not like I’m the only one who’s noticed…you’ve smelled it, right Buff?”

“Um…not really in the habit of smelling up my friends…but I’ll take your word for it.” She said, laughing.

“Anyhow…like I said…they are always kinda jumpy…the Maclays, that is. Tara’s sister, Anya, isn’t quite as much…but she’s weird in other ways.”

“Tara?” Willow asked.

Tara? That’s her name? How beautiful…it fits her so well…

“Yeah…that’s her name…her sister is Anya, and then they have a brother, I think…but he went off to college last year…what was his name?”

“Riley.” Buffy answered, munching on her sandwich.

“Yeah…Riley…what the heck kind of girly-name is that? I don’t even think he’s actually related…none of them are…their parents are some kind of saints or something…adopted the lot of them. Mr. Maclay is a doctor, and Mrs. Maclay…well…other than being drop-dead gorgeous, I’m not sure what she does…” Xander explained. “Outside of school, nobody really sees much of them…they spend a lot of time hiking and backpacking and stuff, I guess.”

“Anyhow…you know…this warm weather…I’m thinking that we could get one last ride in before it turns cold…what do you guys think?” Buffy said, trying to change the subject.

“Ride?” Willow asked, not sure what they were talking about.

“Yeah…on a wave…you in?” The blonde asked, taking a sip of her soda.

“I’m kind of…well…I’m not a real good swimmer…and I’ve never been surfing…”

“First time for everything, Will!” Xander added.

“Yeah…I know…but maybe I could just watch?”

“Sure thing.” Buffy said, just as the bell rang. “Damn. That time already?”

“Looks like.” Xander said, getting up from the table with his tray. “Come on, Wills…I’ll show you where to get rid of that tray.

Willow nodded, getting up from the table.

“You coming?” She asked Buffy, who was still sitting at the table, gobbling the remaining food on her tray.

“I’ll catch up…don’t want to let all of this go to waste.” She said, stuffing a handful of chips in her mouth.

“We’ll see you inside...Physics…fun! Fun!” Xander said, as he and Willow walked towards the kitchen area to return their trays.

Meanwhile…

Tara sat alone in her room, listening to Rhapshody on a Theme of Paganini playing on her stereo. She gazed out of her bedroom window and out into the woods. This usually calmed her; however, there was nothing that seemed to relax her today. Her only thoughts were of the red-haired beauty with the stunning emerald green eyes.

So beautiful…that hair…it looks as fine and soft as spun silk, yet as red as fire…her scent a mix of wild strawberries and honeysuckle…as sweet as her babbling. Her lips…ruby red, offset by her creamy freckled skin…
STOP IT! I can’t take this!

Tara swung the full-length window open. It had no screen, and she quickly lept from the sill, disappearing into the seemingly endless forrest. The wind blew through her blonde locks as she glided through the trees, easily leaping from one to the next. She went faster and faster, trying desperately to outrun her overstimulated senses…she continued effortlessly, for how long, she had no idea. Time meant nothing.

Later…

“WOOO HOOO!!!!” Buffy yelled, catching a great wave, riding it like a pro.

“Wow…she’s really good!” Willow said, watching in amazement.

“Yeah…kinda easy when you grow up out here…comes natural. Buff started when she was about six…her dad taught her.” Xander said, leaning back in the sand.

“Where’s her dad now? I never hear her mention him, just her mom…what’s her name…Joyce?”

“Yeah…great lady. Her dad…not so much. He took off when Buff was around twelve…not a good time. He usually sends her a little something at Christmas, but that’s about it.”

“That’s rough.”

“Yep…but Buff’s a trooper. I just wouldn’t bring it up…sore spot, if you know what I mean.”

“I do.” Willow said. She couldn’t help but compare her own situation with Buffy’s.

Riding out the wave, Buffy grabbed her board and waded out of the shallows.

“So Wills…what do you think? Wanna give it a try?” Buffy asked, wiping the sea water from her face.

“Me? I don’t know…I’m not really good in water…” Willow said, hesitantly.

“Oh come on…I’ll be right there with you…I promise! You can use Xander’s board, right?” She said, looking to Xander for affirmation.

“Yeah…sure!” Xander said.

“Um…okay.” Willow said, getting up, she took the surfboard in her hands. “You’ll be with me…right?”

“Absolutely…let’s go!” Buffy said, jogging towards the water, Willow in tow.

Two minutes later, the girls were both on their boards, drifting, waiting for the set to come in.

“Okay…all you have to do is lay down on your board and paddle…we’ll catch a small set…you don’t even have to get up yet…just belly-ride it in…k?” Buffy instructed.

“I g-guess so…” Willow said, wondering what she had gotten herself into.

Just then, Buffy looked up, seeing an excellent set coming in.

“Forget what I said…just paddle in, I’m gonna catch this set and I’ll come back in to get you, okay?”

Feeling somewhat relieved, Willow nodded and turned, starting to paddle back towards the shoreline, while Buffy headed out into the surf.
Buffy didn’t see it until she was already near the crest of the first set…there were two sets, extremely close together…the second bigger than the first. There was nothing she could do now but ride it out and hope that Willow was paddling quickly enough to reach the shallows.

“Willow…faster!!!!” Buffy yelled…but her voice was drowned out by the roar of the wall of water churning beneath and behind her.

Willow turned, just as the first wave hit her, driving her down hard, dragging her along the sandy bottom.

Meanwhile…

Off in the distance, something caught Tara’s attention.

“Willow…faster!!!!”

Something’s wrong…something’s very wrong!!!!

Tara felt as though someone was pulling her with a steel cable attached directly to her heart. She ran, faster than she had ever run before, towards the open blue spot at the edge of the woods. She didn’t even hesitate as she reached the edge of the cliff, diving gracefully into the churning water a hundred feet below her. The pulling persisted, drawing her as she glided through the water. Suddenly, the pull changed, feeling as though it was underneath her. She dove deeper into the depths until she saw the girl’s pale form hovering just above the sea floor, as if suspended from an invisible string. Tara grabbed her arm, pulling her to the surface, where she flipped her onto her back, swimming unnaturally fast toward the shoreline.

Buffy, breaking the surface of the water, saw the blonde grab Willow. Try as she might, she couldn’t catch up to the pair, who were moving through the churning water effortlessly.

Tara reached the shallows, picking Willow up in her arms and running onto the beach, placing the red-head’s lifeless body onto the sand.

It would have been easy…she knew the fool-proof way to bring the girl back…but couldn’t bring herself to do it. She had never turned anyone before…and wasn’t about to start now…not yet...instead, she pinched Willow’s nose and opened her airway, taking a deep breath, filling the girl’s lungs with her breath…nothing. She started chest compressions…

“One and two and three and four and five and six and seven and eight and nine and ten and eleven and twelve and thirteen and fourteen and fifteen…” She said, counting aloud with each compression, following them with two more breaths…watching the girl’s chest rise and fall…suddenly, she came to, coughing as sea water spewed from her mouth.

Buffy and Xander reached the pair just as she was coming to.

“Get away from her!” Buffy said, trying to push Tara out of the way as she slid down into the sand next to the pair…but Tara would not budge.

She looked up at the blonde, her eyes now a bright pale blue…growling protectively as she shielded Willow with her body instinctively.

“Whoa!” Xander said, finally reaching the girls. “Everybody just chill! She’s coming around!” He said, noticing Willow was now awake.

Tara leaned back, taking the smaller girl’s hand in her own.

Willow blinked, still coughing…her vision blurred momentarily…slowly starting to clear. The first thing that she saw were two beacons of blue in a sea of porcelain skin, framed by long golden locks…it was her…Tara…

“A-are you a-alright?” Tara stammered.

“We need to get her to the ER.” Xander said.

“I’ll take her from here.” Buffy said, getting ready to reach for Willow once again.

“Tara?” Willow said, weakly.

Tara squeezed her hand. “I-I’m here…”

“Will you go with m-me?” Willow asked.

Xander and Buffy exchanged glances, then looked at Tara, nodding reluctantly.

“Y-yes.” Tara said, helping her to her feet.

“The truck’s back here.” Xander said, leading the way.

Willow stumbled a bit, starting to lose consciousness once again. This time, Buffy took one arm, swinging it over her head, while Tara took the other in the same fashion, walking the girl quickly back to the truck.

Twenty minutes later, they were sitting in the waiting room of the Sunnydale Emergency Room…Xander, Buffy, and Tara…all sitting in silence. Finally…Xander broke the awkward silence.

“She’s gonna be alright…right? I mean…your dad…he’s a good doctor?”

“Th-the best.” Tara said, shyly.

“He’d better be.” Buffy said, sternly.

Just then, Dr. William Maclay, Tara’s father, appeared through the doorway.

All three jumped to their feet as he walked toward them.

“Is she going to be alright?” Xander asked.

“She’s one lucky girl…you must have gotten her just in time. She’s got a few broken ribs from the chest compressions…but that is to be expected with CPR…we’ll be keeping her overnight, just for observation.” He explained.

“Can we see her?” Buffy asked.

“Absolutely…I’ll take you back right now. Have you called her father?” Dr. Maclay asked.

“Crap…no…not yet.” Xander said. “Buff…you go in…I’ll call Mr. Rosenberg.”

“Right this way…” Dr. Maclay said, leading Buffy down the hall. His eyes made contact only briefly with his daughter’s. Once Buffy was near the room, he returned to the waiting room to talk to Tara.

“Are you alright?” He asked, putting his arm around the still-wet blonde.
“I…I almost…” Tara started.

“But you didn’t…you did fine, love. She’s going to be just fine.”

“I hurt h-her…”

“You saved her, Tara. She’s going to be fine…she’ll just be sore for a while…but really…I couldn’t have done better myself.”

Meanwhile…in Willow’s room…

“Hey Wills…how ya doin?” Buffy asked.

“S-sore.” Willow said, wincing as she coughed. “I think I’m done with surfing…”

“I’m really sorry…I didn’t see that second set…” Buffy said, remorseful.

“No big…” Willow said, rubbing her ribs. “Where’s Xander and Tara?”
She asked, wondering why her best friend and her rescuer had not accompanied Buffy.

“Xander’s calling your dad…Maclay is out in the waiting room.”

“C-can you ask her to come in? I want to thank her.” Willow asked.

“Yeah…I suppose…I’ll be right back.” Buffy said, walking out of the room. Seconds later, she emerged through the double doors into the waiting room.

“She wants to see you.” Buffy said, dryly, looking at Tara.

“M-me?”

“That’s what I said.”

Tara walked through the double doors, disappearing down the hallway, leaving Buffy and Dr. Maclay in the waiting room.

“Listen…I appreciate you taking care of Willow…but this doesn’t change anything.” Buffy said, pointedly.

“Ms. Summers…I can assure you, my daughter meant no harm. She did nothing that would break our agreement…”

“Just make sure it stays that way.” Buffy said, walking off to find Xander.

To Be Continued...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:03 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... So Buffy knows that Maclay's are vampires and doesn't want Willow to hang around with them... I hope Willow & Tara manage to :smash sense into Buffy that they like each other...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:56 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I was wondering about the whole Buffy v Tara thing - great update! :D

-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:09 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

NNNOOOOOOOOOO don't stop there come back hurry I need more keep-em coming two a day if you like I know we all will Dia

Post subject: TWILIGHT REVISITED - Chapter 4 is now up! 11-16-09
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:55 pm 
5. Willowhand

CHAPTER FOUR

Tara knocked lightly on the door, peeking inside as she did so. The red-head looked so small and frail lying in the bed.

“Please…come in, Tara.” Willow said, seeing the blonde at the door.

Tara walked in slowly, and Willow instantly noticed how gracefully she moved.

“I-I’m glad you’re okay.” Tara said, struggling to maintain the distance between them. Although her feelings were currently under control, she wasn’t sure how long she would be able to keep up the charade, being this close to the object of her desire.

“Thanks to you!” Willow said. “How did you get to me so fast? Buffy and I were the only ones out on the swell…”

“Uh…oh…I w-was out there t-too…you just must not have s-seen me.”
Tara said, hoping the girl wouldn’t see through her lies.

She’s lying…why would she lie?

“Where were you? There were cliffs all around…and I never saw you on the beach…”

“I-I was there…I d-don’t know why you didn’t s-see me…” Tara said, nervously. “ I should l-let you rest…” She said, turning towards the door.

“No! Please…stay?” Willow said, wanting…no needing her to stay.

Tara turned around, slowly walking closer to the girl…each step intensifying her now prevalent feelings tenfold. The invisible tether, pulling her closer and closer…

Willow extended her hand to Tara, who instinctively took it in her own. The moment that they touched, Tara felt as though every cell in her body was tingling with electricity…Willow instantly noticed how cold Tara’s hand was.

“You’re so cold…are you alright?” Willow asked.

Tara withdrew her hand defensively.

“J-just caught a chill…th-that’s all.” Tara said.

“My name is Willow, by the way…”

“I-I’m Tara…”

“I know…beautiful name for a beautiful girl…” Willow said, smiling.

The sight of Willow’s beautiful smile just intensified the drawing sensation that Tara was feeling.

Godess…she’s so beautiful! That smile…those lips…oh what I would give to just touch them…feel them on mine for just one moment…

“I want to thank you properly…if you’ll let me…” Willow began. “Can I take you out to dinner…when I get out of here, I mean…not too big on hospital food and all…”

Shit…dinner? Easy Maclay…play it cool…

“Um…I-I have a very s-special diet…don’t eat out m-much.” Tara said, hoping Willow wouldn’t press the issue.

“Oh! You’re a vegetarian?”

“Um…s-sort of…but…” Tara began.

“I’m sure we can find a veggie place someplace here in town!” Willow said, enthusiastically.

Not ‘my’ kind of vegetarian place, I’m afraid…

“H-how about you take me to a m-movie, instead?” Tara suggested, seeing that the fiery red-head was not going to relenquish her quest to repay her in some way.

“It’s a deal!” Willow said, excitedly. “As soon as I get out of here, okay? Your choice…what do you like? Comedy? Drama? Or are you all ‘action-girl’?”

“Somebody mention ‘action girl’?” Buffy said, bursting through the door with Xander in tow.

“Hey guys! I was just getting my personal lifeguard, Tara, to agree to let me take her to a movie…I know…lame thank you for saving somebody’s life and all…”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, Wills.” Buffy said, flashing a stern look towards Tara.

“Of course it is…it’s a great idea!” Willow said, somewhat annoyed at Buffy and Xander’s seemingly ‘intolerant’ behavior of those who were ‘different’. Willow reached out, taking Tara’s hand in her own…feeling her oddly chilled skin against her own once again.

The action took the blonde somewhat unawares, and she flinched momentarily, but could not fight her urge to intertwine her fingers with Willow’s.

The act did not go unnoticed by Buffy.

“Look, guys…there’s something you should know about me…” Willow said, somewhat sternly. “I’m not into cliques or ‘this person is cool’ and ‘this person isn’t’ kind of stuff…everybody’s different in some way. You guys are my friends…you’ll always be my friends…but I will hang out with who I want…when I want…where I want…regardless of what you ‘think’ is a good idea. Now, if you don’t like that…that’s just too bad. Do I make myself clear?”

Buffy said nothing, turning on her heel, walking out the door.

“It’s all right, Wills…I understand…no worries, I’ll go talk to her.” Xander said, walking out to find Buffy.

“I-I’m sorry.” Tara said, sheepishly.

“No…don’t be…” Willow said, giving the girl’s cold hand a squeeze. “I’m sorry Buffy acted that way…she’s really a good friend…just a little possessive or something…”

I can understand that…

“Uh-huh.” Tara agreed.

“So…you didn’t answer me…what kind of movies do you like?”

“Umm…I don’t know…why d-don’t you choose?”

“Are you sure?”

Tara nodded her agreement, still having difficulty concentrating, the heat from Willow’s hand radiating like fire throughout her body, throbbing with each beat of the fiery red-head’s pulse.

Just then, Willow’s father entered the room.

“Wills? You okay?” He said, rushing to his daughter’s bedside.

“I’m fine, Dad…” Willow said, somewhat embarassed.

“What the hell were you thinking? I’m going to have a talk with Xander…”

“Dad…it’s no big deal…and it’s not their fault…”

Tara stood silently, somewhat uncomfortable with the situation at hand.

“Who are you?” Mr. Rosenberg asked, looking to Tara.

“Dad…this is Tara Maclay…she’s the one who saved me…”

“Sounds like I owe you my thanks, Tara…did you say Maclay?”

“Yes, Dad. Tara pulled me from the surf and literally brought me back to life.”

“I-it was really n-nothing…” Tara said, sheepishly.

“It’s not nothing…and are you Dr. Maclay’s daughter?”

“Yes, sir.” Tara answered.

“Sounds like life-saving skills run in the family! Again, Tara…I can’t thank you enough…you’re always welcome at our house.” He said, genuinely thankful for the blonde’s actions. “I’m going to go out and see if I can get a hold of your Mom, Wills…she’s going to want to know about this. You okay?”

“Yep…just gonna hang here for a while…kinda no choice, you know?”
“I’ll be back in a few minutes.” He said, walking out the door, leaving Tara alone with Willow once again.

Meanwhile…outside of the hospital…

“Hey…Buff! Wait up!” Xander said, trying to catch up to the blonde, who was walking quickly towards the parking lot.

“What?!” Buffy said.

“What are we going to do about this?” Xander asked her.

“She can’t be around them, Xander…you know that.”

“I know…but what can we do about it? She’s not going to just roll-over and agree…you can see that!”

“Why does she have to be so goddamned stubborn about this?”

“Hey, who could blame her…have you looked at Tara?” Xander said.

“You’re not helping.”

“I’m just saying…”

“I think it’s time to tell Giles.” Buffy said.

“You sure?”

“I don’t think we have a choice…”

To Be Continued...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:05 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I hope Tara tells Willow that she's a vampire before Buffy & Co do something really stupid...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:41 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Go Will you don't let anyone tell you to like or hang out with I love the draw between them keep it coming :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:28 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I think you need to expand more on the connection between Tara and Willow - don't leave this to the imagination of the writer as you haven't provided enough background as yet.

-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:54 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Not really familiar with the Twilgihtverse, but I do know their vmapires have soem important differences from traditional and Buffyverse ones; are they the only kind of vamp in this AU or do the regular B'verse types exist, too?

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:18 am 
5. Willowhand

Hello Everybody!

Thanks for the great feedback! No worries...we will see more of the draw between Willow and Tara developed, as well as the characters themselves...

As for whether or not we will see a mix of vamp styles from Twilight and BVTS...well...a little bit of both, I think...time will tell!

Thanks so much - and please keep the feeback coming!

Have a great day!

FIRESIGN
aka Cin :pride

Post subject: TWILIGHT REVISITED - CHAPTER FIVE IS NOW UP!! 11-17-09
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:26 pm 
5. Willowhand

CHAPTER FIVE

Tara had stayed with Willow until her father returned, and then politely said her goodbyes and left. Ira remained with Willow until visiting hours were over, leaving the girl to rest the night.

“Miss Rosenberg?” The doctor said, walking into her room.

“Please, call me Willow.”

“What a pretty name. I just wanted to check on you before I went off shift for the night.” Dr. Maclay said, walking to her bedside.

Willow was amazed at how young the man looked, much too young to have a daughter Tara’s age. His blonde hair and icy blue eyes off-set his handsome chisled features.

“How are your ribs feeling?” Dr. Maclay asked, smiling warmly as he glanced at her vital signs on the monitor above.

“Sore…but I’ve had worse.”

“Really? Bit of a risk taker, are you?” He said, with a chuckle.

“More like bit of a clutz.” She replied, matter-of-factly.

“Well…you seem to be doing well. Do you need anything more for pain?”

“No, thanks…I’ll be okay.” Willow said, appreciatively.

“Well, I’ll let you get your rest, then…you have a good night, Willow.”

“Dr. Maclay?”

“Yes…”

“Could you tell Tara I said thanks, again?”

“Of course…now get some rest…I’ll make sure all of the papers are signed for you to go home in the morning.” He said with a smile, disappearing through the doorway.

Willow eased herself over onto her side, getting as comfortable as one can get in a hospital bed. The events of the day reeled in her head as she slowly drifted off to sleep…

Tara and Willow lay side by side, each gazing deeply into the other’s eyes, upon the warm sand, the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks. The soft glow of the fire…the reflection of the flames dancing in Tara’s eyes as she leaned forward, her full lips capturing Willow’s…

“Tara…” Willow awoke, breathing heavily as she turned over, seeing a ghost-like Tara standing in the shadows of the corner of the room. She blinked, and the girl was gone…or had she been there at all?

It was the first of many nights to come that Willow would dream of Tara Maclay…

Earlier…

Tara, against her better judgement, had stayed with Willow until her father returned and then politely excused herself, slipping out the door.
Dr. Maclay met her in the hallway.

“Tara…are you alright?” He asked, feeling the anxiety flowing off of the girl.

“I-I’m fine, William…” Tara began.

“Why don’t I believe you?” He asked taking Tara’s arm, walking her down the hallway.

“I-I don’t know…”

“Tara…did I ever tell you about when Elizabeth and I first met?”

“A little…it w-was down south, w-wasn’t it?”

“Yes…I had been acting as a field surgeon for the north, but had been unfortunate enough to get myself captured. I was being held in a prisoner of war camp called Andersonville in Georgia.” he began.

“P-prisoner?” Tara asked, “How? I-I mean how did th-they hold you?”

“I allowed them to…I was still coming to terms with myself…and my actions…and I felt as though I deserved it…”

“Why would y-you deserve that?” Tara asked.

“Well, you see, as a field surgeon, it was easy enough to, how shall I say…make use of those who were already wounded…no one questioned when a soldier died of blood loss from wounds while in my care…it was an all-too common occurrence on the battlefield. Day after day, I literally decided who would live and who would die…quenching my thirst on those unlucky enough to have been sorted by me.”

“I-I…but we d-don’t…”

“No…not now…but I was a much different person then. One day, while in my surgeon’s tent, my attendant brought me a young boy…he had been a drummer for one of the forward units, and was bleeding profusely from a wound to his upper thigh. Feeling the familiar burning in my throat, I dismissed my attendant, telling him I would take care of the boy myself. He quickly turned and left, leaving me alone with him. Just as I was about to drink from his wound, he whimpered, looking into my eyes. He asked if I was an angel. Not knowing what to say, I simply nodded yes. I asked him if he was in pain, and he told me that he was, but that it would be alright, because he knew that I, his angel, was there with him and that he would be going to heaven where he would be whole again. I couldn’t bring myself to tell him any differently…so instead, I held him in my arms as his life slowly slipped away. I could have turned him…given him eternal life…but instead, I just watched him pass…I thought about all of the lives that I’d taken over the years just to satisfy my thirst…and I hated myself. It was shortly after that I allowed myself to be captured and sent to Andersonville, swearing I would never take another life to satisfy my own.”

“I-I had no idea…” Tara said, amazed by what William was telling her.

“While at Andersonville, I met Elizabeth…she brought what little water and supplies we were given to us in the yard. She had wanted to be a nurse, and she and I had spoken on several occasions as she made her rounds through the prison. From the moment I met her, I was drawn to her in a way that I can’t even explain…it was as though I couldn’t really exist without her there near me…”

“But h-how did you survive?” She asked.

“I lived on the blood of the rats that swarmed about the cesspool-like yard where we were kept, giving my rations to the other men. One day, one of the other prisoners took Elizabeth and ravaged her, beating her to a bloody pulp. Some of the others, knowing I was a surgeon, brought her to me. Her wounds were too severe, there was nothing I could do…except...present her with a choice. I told her who I was…what I was…and what she could be, if she chose to be…”

“You turned her…”

“I gave her the choice…just as I did you, and yes, she chose to become one of us. That is the only way that I would have ever done it. But you see…she chose this…knowing what it meant to be one of us…and if the time comes, when the one that you love must make the choice…you must love them enough to allow them to make it, and honor their decision…no matter how difficult that may be.”

“B-but…I…I don’t even know her…it would be easier to just l-leave…I could go stay with Riley…”

“Tara…my sweet girl…you cannot run from your destiny…if it is truly meant to be, she will follow you to the ends of the earth…but as always, the decision is yours to make.” He said, softly. “I’ll see you at home…tell Elizabeth I won’t be long.” He said, turning to walk back into the hospital.

“I will…and William?”

“Yes?” He said, stopping as he looked back.

“T-thank you.”

Once outside, she allowed herself to breathe once more. The air rushed into her lungs, bringing with it the unmistakeable scent of wild strawberries and honeysuckle...of Willow. The scent progressed to taste…dancing across her ultra-sensitive tastebuds, tantalizingly. The taste progressed to a mix of thoughts and emotions…the likes of which Tara had not experienced in all of her years of existence. Her soul seemed anchored to Willow’s with an invisible cable whose tension increased with every inch that she moved away from the girl…constantly pulling her toward her destiny…

Try as she might, she could not deny it’s existence, and as night fell, she stood watch outside the girl’s window until she was sure that Willow was asleep, slipping silently inside to stand watch…

To Be Continued...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:53 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... Tara has to confess her vampire status to Willow very soon...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:03 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
I am really liking this. The way you've chosen to take some of the Twilight and the Buffy stuff is excellent.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:16 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I am on the edge of my seat and I am so happy you are updating so fast I think I would not have hair in my head if you did not :wtkiss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:47 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

keep the updates coming! :D

-- Jean-Paul Sartre

Post subject: TWILIGHT REVISITED - Chapter 6 is now up!!! 11-18-09
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:15 pm 
5. Willowhand

Chapter Six

Just as promised, Dr. Maclay released Willow the next morning, with the understanding that she would promise to take it easy for at least a week or so. Willow assured him that there would be no more surfing in her immediate future.

Later…

“Anything I can get you, Wills?” Her father asked, fluffing the pillow behind her on the couch.

“I’m fine, Dad…really! Just a little sore, that’s all…”

“Are you sure you’ll be okay here while I’m at work? I could call in…”

“No…Dad, seriously…go to work…I have the phone, the remote...it’s all
good.” Willow smiled. “I promise, I will call you if I need anything.”

“You’ll call…” He said, still hesitant to leave her so soon.

“Dad! Go!” Willow yelled, flinching at the pain in her side.

“Alright, alright! I’m going” He said, waving goodbye as he headed out the door.

Willow turned on the tv, searching aimlessly through the channels.

“Two-hundred channels…you’d think there’d be something interesting on…” She mumbled.

I wonder…

Willow reached into her pocket, pulling out the folded release instructions from the hospital. At the bottom, Dr. Maclay had written his number to call in case she had experienced any complications. The Maclay’s number seemed to be jumping off of the paper, beckoning her to call. She looked over at the phone, reaching out…

Hold on, Rosenberg…he gave you this number so you could call him if you weren’t doing well…not so you could call his gorgeous daughter that you’re all ga-ga over…

She reluctantly pulled her hand away from the phone.

“…teenaged daughters out of control…all on the next Maury!”

Willow’s eyes darted back and forth between the paper and the phone…

“Fuck!” She said, grabbing the receiver as she quickly dialed the number on the page.

She couldn’t help but hold her breath in anticipation as the phone rang…

“Maclay residence…”

“Um…y-yes…um…is Tara there?” Willow stammered.

“Just a moment…may I ask who’s calling?”

Willow…Willow Rosenberg.”

“Oh! Willow…hold on…just a second.”

“H-hello?”

Willow was sure her heart skipped a beat as she heard Tara’s voice.

“Uh…hi! Tara? It’s Willow….”

“Oh…hi.”

Willow felt her hopes fall as she heard Tara’s lackluster reply.

“Well…I was just wondering…how are you doing?”

*Smacking self* DOH! You idiot! You asked her how she’s doing?!!

“Sh-shouldn’t I be the one asking y-you that?”

“Heh…yeah…dopey me! I’m sorry…I tend to babble when I get nervous…anyhow…I know I owe you a movie…and this doesn’t have to count as that one movie…but I was wondering…would you like to come over a-and keep me company? We could watch a DVD or something…oooh! I have like two-hundred channels…but there’s not really anything good on right now…but I’ve got a bunch of DVDs…and there’s always pay-per-views…” Willow babbled.

“I-I don’t know…I have to write a r-research paper…”

“Oooh! I could help you! I know you probably wouldn’t guess it…but I’m really all researchy-girl…a-and I’ve got a laptop and wireless…”

“I…”

“Please?” Willow said, pitifully. “Oh goddess…that sounded really desperate…I’m sorry…I just…I want to do something nice for you…you’ve done so much for me…”

“Oh…okay…um…when d-do you want me to c-come over?”

“Whenever you want to...I’ll be here…not allowed to go anywhere else right now…”

“How about n-noon?”

“That’d be great!” Willow said, enthusiastically. “OH! I almost forgot…
you probably need my address…”

Um…yeah…I guess so…”

“It’s 1423 Revello Drive…third house on the right after Jefferson.”

"Okay...I'll see y-you then..."

“M’kay…see ya!” Willow said, hanging up, smiling at the thought of the beautiful blonde.

Meanwhile…

“Okay…I’ll s-see you in a while, then…” Tara said, hanging up the phone.

Goddess…what have I done?

“Tare?” Anya said, leaning against the frame of the doorway. “You okay?”

“I…I don’t know what I’m doing…” Tara said, sitting down, cupping her face in her hands.

“It’s going to be alright, Tara…I’ve told you…I’ve seen it…you can’t stop it, so you might as well just give in…”

“But…how can I do that to her? She…she deserves s-so much more…” Tara said, looking up at her sister.

“What about what you deserve? You’ve waited so long for this…and now, it’s staring you right in the face and you’re running away?” Anya said, somewhat irritated. “I’ve waited hundreds of years, literally, and still haven’t found my true love…and you’re giving yours up before you even have the chance to experience it!”

“Alright…alright…I’ll go.” Tara said, hoping desperately that she would not regret her decision later.

To Be Continued....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next