The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Processing - New Part 04/13/11
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:52 am 
23. Volumey Text

Topics: 5
This is now a new occasional series of stories... (Notes below suggested it was a one shot.)

Title: Processing
Author: Katharyn Rosser
Feedback: Constructive criticism is always welcome. Flames just demonstrate you have a tiny mind.
Spoiler Warning: Why do I even include this so long after the show?
Distribution: This story was written for Pens. Pens is its home. No archiving off Different Coloured Pens (This applies to all my W&T fic)
Summary: Tara and Willow’s next (unseen) conversation in the aftermath of ‘Hush.’
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the copyrights or anything else associated with BTVS. All rights lie with the production company, writers etc, etc. I am making zilch from this series of stories. You know the drill.
Rating: PG13
Couples: Tara and Willow forever.
Notes: Some of this may clash with the canon of Hush and particularly with the conversation in the common room of the dorms at the end of that episode. So what? Also I am playing – again – with Sass’ idea that they got together in the laundry room and extrapolating what that would mean to Willow. This is supposed to be a little bit funny, a little bit sweet and 100% Tara and Willow. I’m not leaving these girls behind, despite not being on the boards so much any more.
Thanks To: My writing group who didn’t laugh when I produced fanfic for them. Of course, it isn’t a smutty one…

Processing

By

Katharyn Rosser

“I’ve got to admit it, Tara. I’m kinda having trouble with this whole thing.”

Tara looked crestfallen and Willow couldn’t bear that, so she pulled her – what was she now? Girlfriend? Well, they hadn’t exactly said that. Or like, gone on a date or anything. Could you have a girlfriend if you hadn’t been on a date with her?

Or was Tara…well, was she her lover? Was that the best way to describe it?

Sure, at the time. ‘Lover’ would’ve worked just fine at the time they were doing it. But now? Did that presume that, actually, they were going to continue? And were they going to continue? Was that what Tara thought? Or just the opposite? Was there some sort of lesbian etiquette about these things?

If it was a lesbian thing that gave all the answers, then she didn’t feel so bad. She’d missed the whole lesbian briefing and orientation. She’d kind of missed the whole hetero one too, but had been muddling along quite nicely thank you very much. Picking it up as she went along.

The only thing she’d managed to pick up so far with Tara was bruises, a busted ankle and herself from the laundry room floor.

Oh, and an indescribable sense of… well, it was indescribable so she should probably stop trying.

Anyway, whatever Tara was she pulled the young woman to her.

“T-trouble?”

“With a capital T.”

“I-I didn’t want it to happen,” Tara told her.

“You didn’t?”

“No. B-but it did.”

“Now we have to deal with that, don’t we?” Willow suggested. It wasn’t like she could just forget about what’d happened last night. Even for a member of the Scooby gang the whole chased through the dorms and into the arms of a beautiful, hesitant, stuttering woman ranked pretty highly on the memorable scale.

Those had been scary monsters. And when they held hands – looked at each other – it’d been like she’d held Tara’s soul in her hands, and vice versa.

And Tara herself… She sighed.

“I-I thought it went pretty well, considering?” Tara wasn’t just making a statement though, she wanted back up.

“I really don’t know,” Willow told her. “I mean… Look, I have no real basis of comparison.”

Tara looked surprised. “Do you need one?”

“Maybe…” Willow said. Yes, actually she needed a basis of comparison to make a sound judgement. A baseline. Without a baseline how was she going to be able to compare anything? It’d just be poor scientific method. “Yes. Yes, okay I need one.”

“Umm.”

Tara seemed flummoxed. See this was what the poor girl got for rushing into a night – well an hour or so – of rushed, naughty, the world’s about to end, fantastic sex on the floor of the laundry room without getting to know her first. Tara Maclay did not understand her.

Period.

It wasn’t to say she couldn’t, but she didn’t know what the real Willow Rosenberg was like. The one who wasn’t totally in awe of her magical ability or the dexterity of her tongue and fingers.

“I’m not expecting you to, you know, provide a comparison or anything,” Willow said quickly when she realised that might be what it sounded like. What was Tara going to go out and do? Find her some other girl with similar talents and arrange a trip down to the laundry? Of course not, though scientifically it was about the only way to be sure.

“Thanks,” Tara said. “I think.”

On the other hand, she didn’t need to be sure of that because she was all too sure of something else.

She’d had a boyfriend for two years; she knew how things worked for most of the population. And she was very well aware that – much as Oz himself had meant to her at the time – something about the physical side had just been… off. Maybe she’d put it down to her own lack of experience or his werewolf nature. Maybe she just hadn’t cared.

But for every way in which that hadn’t ever been quite right – for her – being with Tara had been absolutely perfect… Pleasure, of course. Lots and lots of pleasure.

By which she meant ‘Lots’.

Even a busted ankle and imminent death hadn’t been able to spoil it.

She was Willow Rosenberg though. If she’d been able to mention this to Buffy or Xander or – gods forbid – Anya, they could all have told Tara how this was going to go. She was going to think about it, think about it some more and then over think about it for twice as long, only to reach the original conclusion when there was really no other choice but to face it.

“It’s not you,” Willow said. “I mean – you’re big with the old lesbian loving already I guess.”

Tara shook her head.

“No?”

Another shake of the head.

“You – umm – you hadn’t done that before?”

“Ohhh… I th-thought you meant with – you know - old lesbians.”

Willow blinked. “Noo… I think, maybe we need to hang out a little, so we don’t have those sort of accidental miscommunications.” Old lesbians? Tara had really thought she meant… Eeek. She’d only just – knowingly – met her first lesbian of her own age. Let alone…

And…

“O-Okay though,” Tara agreed happily enough.

Was that what she’d meant? Hang out with me? No. Because that was what she was trying to figure out. How did she – they – deal with what had happened. Adrenaline, danger and a desperate need to be with someone had gotten all mixed up with the magical connection they shared.

Oh, and the first time I looked at her I felt a flutter deep inside that I hadn’t known for a long, long time.

“That’s not - ” Willow started, but then saw Tara’s face. “That’s not the only thing I wanted to say.” She changed her words quickly because what else could she do? She might tell herself she was thinking about this, processing but was she really? Was the answer as obvious as two plus two?

Or one plus one?

Tara sat looking at her. Waiting. Willow realised that actually now she needed to think of that something else she apparently wanted to put out there.

“Occasionally my life is like that,” Willow said.

“D-Do you d-do that often?” Tara asked.

“Sometimes several nights a week.”

“Umm,” Tara looked away, embarrassed for some reason… except she thought.

“Oh! No. Not that that. That – the monster thing. Not the other thing because – for one thing – people want to do their laundry usually and locking them out really isn’t a good thing and I couldn’t have moved the machine without you and…”

She paused, took a breath. Tara was waiting for her to finish.

“I’ve only been – you know – with one other person in my life. He was a… he. A boy. A man. A… actually not just a man and more a…” Was now the time to mention the whole werewolf thing? She was having enough trouble making herself clear anyway, bring in the fact that her ex used to turn into a dog and that was a level of kink too far unless she explained herself just right. “He was a guitarist.”

“Yeah, not at all the same thing as a boy,” Tara deadpanned.

“Actually, they are kinda weird,” Willow said, “but what I mean to say is – the whole monster thing is in my life. It kind of follows me around – or I follow it around, with my friends. We do good deeds to bad monsters and… I thought you should know that.”

“Okay.”

“Okay?”

“Well, I-I’m a witch. So are you. Why-why would that phase me?”

Yeah. There was that. Still not the right time to mention the werewolf thing though.

“And, you know, I’m not exactly what you might call… well, I’m probably not very good at being a lesbian,” Willow blurted. “And when you get to know me, you’ll realise that means that I really won’t be happy until I am. Good at it.”

Tara hesitated again. Willow thought back on what she’d just said. Oh. Yeah. So much for debating her sexuality in view of the fact that a woman – a beautiful woman – had gotten her off so deliciously. And in the worst time and worst place.

The perfectly worst time and place.

The perfect time and place.

Hell, what would she have changed? Not a moment…

But God, what could Tara do with a bottle of wine, a good meal and a soft bed…?

“Umm, what do you mean? Good at what?”

“You know, being a lesbian.”

Tara pulled her face into a negative. Not the explanation she was looking for. How to be more precise. Oh yes. “The… erm, the sex thing.”

Okay, so much for not assuming that’d be happening again too? Or imagining how it might be… Perhaps in Tara’s dorm room. Resting easily in her arms after they’d… well, okay, there was a little research to do about the ‘what’ but she was so the research girl. And there was no need to hold back until then. Tara could just –

Always assuming Tara wanted to…

“So-So I guess that you mean you want to try really hard?” Tara asked.

That did seem to be what she’d said, but what had she meant?

“I guess.”

“And you want to be with me?” Tara asked, she was looking down now… just as Willow remembered from that stupid Wicca meeting.

She reached over and touched Tara’s chin. The other woman took the hint and lifted her face. Blue eyes so full of expression. “I guess that is what I’m saying.”

Tara shook her head.

“Was that a - ” Willow doubted she’d seen it with her own eyes. “Was that a ‘no’?”

“I’m… I’m – I can’t – It can’t just be that for me,” Tara said. “I don’t know what it was last night. But I can’t…” Her head went down again.

“Oh!” Willow exclaimed. Was that what she’d led Tara to believe? That she was sex mad and just after… beautiful, beautiful orgasms… “No! Tara no! I’m… I’m kinda scatty, compulsive, obsessive too – but not actually, technically OCD. Also, I’m an overachiever and I do really, really badly at not being the best at something when I want to be. Also, I can talk myself out of something wonderful better than almost anyone I know.”

“Won-Wonderful?”

“I can be – I want to be – if you want me to be, I can be the best girlfriend,” Willow said. Okay, so she hadn’t held onto the last person to call her that. But that’d be that whole wolfy, pheromone thing. So she couldn’t lick her own… “You just watch me. I just obsessed a little bit about the part that maybe, you know, I won’t be the best at. That’s just how I am… Never satisfied. Except – you know, when I was satisfied and oh-my-god was I satisfied but that’s a kind of high bar you set and I don’t know… I should really just shut up now…”

“Oh.”

“I don’t know if I’ll ever be as good as you,” Willow said. “I mean – until then, last night – in there… I’d never. Never with someone else, I mean…” There it was. Tara had given her a wonderful gift and she appreciated that there had to be more than a little skill or talent involved in coaxing forth the same effects… That was where there was work to do. Studying. Practice. Dedication. All the things she was good at and could only be helped by the right teacher.

“W-Willow?”

“Yes, Tara?”

“We… We aren’t doing this.”

All the breath escaped from her. Here she was, all resolved – in her own way – to give it a go with Tara, the person who she’d connected with across several beats of their fearful hearts as they held hands and fell into each other’s souls, and now it wasn’t happening?

How could Tara set that aside?

“N-not unless you promise never, ever, to start comparing who’s better.”

Realising what Tara had actually said, she looked up. A smile spread over her face. She couldn’t help it – this girl had a sense of humour. A strange one, but then both of them were a little strange in their own ways. “You mean?”

“C-can we start out just meeting up though?” Tara asked. “We kinda skipped over the parts I was hoping for…”

Willow nodded, remembering the peaks of pleasure that Tara had already taken her to. Yes, meeting up would give her time to do the research too. Result all around then.

“I think – that’d be best,” she said.

“So, how about you just be kissing me now?”

What else could she do but agree?

Chance in *Chance*
-------------------------

Last edited by Katharyn on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:32 am, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Processing - New One Shot 09/27/09
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:24 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I so needed a good laugh this morning! Fantastic creativity. I had always wondered what had happened in the laundry room after...

http://citychickenfarm.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:37 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
I like it. It made me smile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:53 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Very sweet and reaffirms all of the qualities that made Willow and Tara so endearing and sympathetic in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:56 pm 
2. Floating Rose

aw that was cute
awesome story :peace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:18 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

ooohh... :wtkiss already..
could you..you know..post more..with a lot WT loving goodness :blush
RC :kgeek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:22 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great writing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hey Kathryn,
That was incredibly sweet. I love the way you captured Willow and Tara's mutual use or lack thereof of language. Willow says way too many words but finds them to be a problem. Tara says "no" or "um, yes" or just shakes here head and it's very clear. She really dominates in spite of Willow's words. And I truly love what Tara says about the parts she was looking forward to. That's how I feel when reading ff - I want that falling in love part before the naughty starts. I like the naughty but sometimes the coffee and walking and dreams about frogs or whatever are so fun.
Thanks for writing and posting.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:20 am 
23. Volumey Text

Hey everyone, thanks so much for bothering with a quickie :)

Taylorgirl6 - So pleased that you had a laugh. I thought it was kind of fun, but not sure it'd make anyone laugh (I'm far too close when I write!) In my head this wasn't actually in the laundry room, it was the next day or some time after that. But I didn't really say that so it's a valid interpretation!

Taranwillow4ever - Thanks so much :)

Taralicious - Yeah... I am a sucker for T/W sweetness. That's where I started writing for the Kitten, back when I was doing a S4 missing scene fic and this kind of thing was my stock in trade.

paranormalness90 - thanks!

arsyadriani - Hope I spelt your name right! I could post more? BUt I called the thread a one shot... Oh.. .right, I started messing around with another S4 scene set not long after this. No real link apart from it's in the canon and sweet so... yes, there will be more I think.

Thanks SJ

Justskipit - Somehow I just started to channel the girls again... Willow's easy to run away with, judging Tara's stutter is harder as I have not written it since about 2001 and it wasn't in Sidestep. You sum them up well though. Willow can say alot without saying anything while Tara is just the opposite. Thanks for the feedback

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Processing - Part Deux
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:52 am 
23. Volumey Text

Title: Processing – You Can Call Me Betty
Feedback: Constructive criticism is always welcome. Flames just demonstrate you have a tiny mind.
Spoiler Warning: Probably none, and why the hell do we need to worry about this years after the show went off the air? Suffice it to say nothing bad ever happened to our girls.
Distribution This story was written for Pens. Pens is its home. No archiving off Different Coloured Pens (This applies to all my W&T fic)
Summary: Tara & Willow meet for lunch not long after the laundry room.
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the copyrights or anything else associated with BTVS. All rights lie with the production company, writers etc, etc. I am making zilch from this series of stories. You know the drill.
Rating: Nah, nothing to see here.
Couples: Tara and Willow forever. I doubt I’ll even mention anyone else.
Notes: I’ve kind of decided that this will be another occasional series, but please see my end note for how it will continue.
Thanks To: Y’all.

Processing

You Can Call Me Betty

By

Katharyn Rosser

“Guess who?!”

Tara found herself blind, or at least with her eyes covered. Since she could count the number of people in Sunnydale who even knew her first name on one hand she could make a kind of educated guess. Professors, TAs and lecturers didn’t count.

“B-Buffy Summers?”

The next thing she knew she could see again, but her shoulder was stinging where she’d been swatted at almost the same moment.

“No, Tara!”

“Oh,” Tara said, trying to keep the very genuine excitement out of her voice. Willow did this to her, made her feel good just by being around.

Of course she’d known from the start just who her lunchtime ‘attacker’ really was. If she couldn’t have recognised the voice then she certainly knew the subtle scent of her shampoo by now and if she hadn’t been able to tell from that then… Willow’s touch was like nothing she’d ever known.

Even something so innocent as blindfolding her with her fingers, it sent an indescribably thrill through her. It wasn’t sexual – except when it was – and it wasn’t… Actually, she was trying to figure out what it was. But it was good. Something to do with the magic she was sure, but the best reason she’d been able to come up with had sounded really sappy and romantic – which wasn’t a bad thing since in recent days she’d been feeling really sappy and romantic.

At least when she hadn’t been feeling Willow.

“Oh?” Willow asked, dropping into the seat beside her and pinching one of her fries. Then another quickly thereafter. “’Oh’, is all you have to say? To me?”

“Oh, hello Willow. How about you go get some of your own fries if you’re hungry?” Tara tried, not really resenting it. She still got a buzz out of the idea that anyone would want to be close enough to her to eat off her plate. Enough that she’d let a certain person strip it – and her – bare. Until that went away, Willow could take what she liked. She darted in and kissed Willow’s cheek, just to show how she really felt about seeing her.

I’m meeting my girlfriend for lunch. I have a girlfriend to meet for lunch.

“You don’t want me to go to fat now do you?” Willow challenged, pinching another fry and dipping it into the ketchup.

“I-I think – “ Tara started and then rethought herself. “I don’t think I care.” Even though she hadn’t had Willow technically – totally – naked yet, something she considered a future milestone to be achieved.

And talking of not caring though. She’d kissed Willow on the cheek, right here in the middle of the café and her girlfriend hadn’t even twitched. Least apart from that t-witchy smile of hers.

“So, come on, why did you guess at Buffy?” Willow asked, munching now on a stick of carrot from Tara’s salad.

“N-no reason.”

“Tara, I’ve only know you a little while, but you always have a reason when you say something. It’s like you measure every word. Totally unlike me. I tend to go on a bit, as you may have noticed. You know when I’m excited or nervous…”

It might be a valid analysis. “You’re right, Willow,” Tara said. “You c-can go on a little and because of that I’ve heard all about your roommate.” The good times with Buffy, saving the world before going for chocolate malts and the… less than good times. And through it all a lot of monsters. Buffy seemed to be a good person to know if she was going to be around Willow. But that wasn’t the reason she’d mentioned her.

Would Willow get the hint though? It wasn’t something Tara had come right out and asked her yet. I want to meet your friends, Actually I want to know you through them. And I want them to know me… even if it’s through you.

Being ignored was the worst thing in the world. And I should know.

“Oh, sweetie, I’m sorry. I’m not talking about myself enough?”

Tara paused. Was that what she’d suggested? She didn’t think so but...

Willow, however, mistook her pause too. Obviously. “Do you mind if I call you ‘sweetie’? I hope you don’t, it just slipped out but I think I want to call you that. Or something. It’s kind of a new thing for me. Before I just called him Oz and that was it but now I’ve got to pick this name for you – as if ‘Tara’ wasn’t good enough, because I love ‘Tara’ - and maybe it shouldn’t be so cutesy but - ”

“So long as – if you call me, y-you can call me Al. If you want to, I mean.”

Tara waited, wondering how Willow would react to that one. Would she get it? Or get all nervous that she might not be calling enough? They didn’t spend time on the phone and to Tara that was a good thing. They spent were spending time together.

Willow laughed and that was a beautiful sound. Here was a girl who – usually – got her jokes.

And that was a rare thing. No one else got her jokes. No one ever had really. No one but Willow, and she wasn’t just laughing because she thought she should. No, Tara knew she had a well-read girlfriend. Maybe an obscurely-well-read girlfriend but now – perhaps it was Willow’s influence – Tara felt ready to branch out into pop-culture.

From a song that was like a decade old. But it had been pop culture. Once.

“So… now I’m supposed to call you Betty?” Willow asked, proving she had gotten it after all. “Instead of ‘sweetie’ or ‘baby’?”

Tara grinned, offered her another fry rather than have it stolen anyway.

“Yay me, I won a treat,” Willow enthused, altogether too pleased with herself considering what that treat was and she’d been stealing them regularly since she got here.

“Y-You won more than that,” Tara said. She was certain her heart was already gone, but now she was keen to be a little bit more of Willow’s life too.

“So what do you want to know about me, Betty?” Willow asked.

And it wasn’t Tara’s fault that she hadn’t answered the point already, it was Willow. She kept starting to babble. Or stealing fries. Fry theft demanded a response even if babbling could be ignored due to massive amounts of cuteness. “It’s not you,” she said, slapping Willow’s hand this time. “I’m finding out about you.”

“I’m finding out about you too.”

“Will - ”

“Yes, Tara?” her girlfriend leaned forwards, eager and ready to listen. Too eager. Too ready. She was being teased.

Tara sighed. “Why won’t you make this easy?”

“I’m not easy,” Willow told her. “Except, obviously, you know – on the floor of the laundry when I was kinda what some people might class as ‘pretty easy’. ‘Slutty’ even – but I put that down to the company and the human need to let a beautiful woman give me beautiful – well, you know moments– when life threatening danger presented itself. My easiness was all down to circumstances.”

Once again, Tara laughed. She had to, otherwise she’d cry. Willow was so beautiful, so funny… especially when she was trying not to be. She knew she didn’t deserve this woman – more so because of the secret she was keeping from her. But… “Willow, I think I want to m-meet your friend.” There she’d said it.

“Buffy?”

“Or any of them,” Tara hedged. She wasn’t the demanding type. When she made demands the world kind of shrugged and said ‘Meh.’ On the other hand she’d never had much in the way of luck either, yet here Willow was all the same. She’d have to stop holding her lack of luck so far in life against the fates. After all, something had put them in that Wicca Group together…

Once again, Willow proved to her - without even realising it - that this wasn’t a fear of being out or obvious. She slipped a hand into Tara’s right there on top of the table. Unafraid of who might be here – even if it was someone she knew. So if it wasn’t that… What was it?

“Kiss me,” Willow said.

Tara couldn’t refuse, even if it was supposed to be a distraction. She offered her lips and Willow’s other hand was on the back of her head. The kiss was fiercer, more passionate than any they’d shared so far. Someone had a point to make – though she tended to think Willow was just enjoying herself as well.

“Do you trust me?” the other girl asked.

“Of c-course I do.” If she hadn’t had absolute trust in Willow, hadn’t known her soul was a good one almost from the moment they met they’d never have done what they did in that moment of extreme stress.

“You’ll meet my friends,” Willow said.

“Okay then.”

“Don’t you want to ask when?” Willow asked.

Yes. “You said it, so I know I will.”

It wasn’t her, she knew it wasn’t her. Willow wasn’t afraid of being out or obvious. Not afraid of the L Word – and wouldn’t that make a great name for a TV show? – and hadn’t seemed to even have hesitated when she’d moved from moping, straight girl in search of something to replace a werewolf over to near-perfect lesbionic lover… Maybe, privately, Willow had an ‘Oh My God’ moment in the middle of the night, but if she had it’d been short-lived and Tara had never seen a sign.

Willow nodded, accepted what she’d said but then appeared to need to explain herself anyway. “Things are weird with them right now.”

“Y-You all came to college,” Tara summarised. “Everything changed.”

A nod. “Also, you know, some of Buffy’s personal habits can kind of… grate. She has this thing where – when she’s sleeping – she grinds her teeth. Except, you know, she has slayer strength, and to match bones so when she grinds them she grinds them really hard - ”

“Will, shush.”

Willow did stop, looked at her in surprise. “Baby, you need to do that more often. For both of us.” And thus another of her fries disappeared.

‘Baby’ now? She was liking this more and more. “I’ll help you shush if you help me open up,” she promised.

“Oh, will you now?” Willow’s eyebrow arched, she’d read something else into – Oh.

“You – You could come around tonight?” Tara suggested. “I have this paper to finish, but I was going to the library after lunch to do it now…” She let the thought hang. They’d done what they both wanted to in a moment of need, pulled back a little and just been with each other, gone for coffee and – in Willow’s case – stolen fries from a plate and now, maybe accidental innuendo might bring them back together again?

Tara wouldn’t turn down the chance.

“You’re planning your life around me then? Around me ‘opening you up’?”

“You don’t have to say it like that,” Tara chided. Okay, the idea of Willow making love to her had been looming large in her thoughts ever since… Actually, the first time she’d mused on it been for a split-second in Wicca Group. She distinctly remembered wondering what that might’ve been like, to be made love to by someone who stuck up for her.

Or just to be made love to, actually… Now there was every sign that Willow wanted to do that with her. It was still faster than she’d ever imagined she’d move with a girl but when you started out as they had; just going back for coffee had been a step towards a long term commitment rather than a delicious interlude in a crisis.

“Okay,” Willow said. “Okay, that was wrong of me. I know.”

“Thank you.”

“Give me a fry?”

“Get one yourself,” Tara said, she was reduced to pushing cubes of pepper around her plate and trying to get them onto her fork one handed – the other was still held in Willow’s.

“Give me another fry,” Willow insisted. “And I’ll tell you something special.”

Tara picked one of the last few up, all crispy and overcooked. Dipped it in ketchup and then offered it to Willow who took it as if it was a freshly peeled grape or some sort of luxury food of lovers, not just what was left on her plate after a girlfriend raid. “There.”

Willow leaned in and kissed her again, but this time stayed close and shifted her whole body to remain so. A moment later the girl was leaning against her shoulder and hugging her arm. Romantic, if she hadn’t been chomping the fry at the time.

“Well?” Tara asked.

“My mother always told me not to talk with my mouth full,” Willow said, then looked stricken. “Oh, I’m sorry!”

Tara smiled down at her, kissed her tenderly on the lips as a reassurance. She knew what was worrying her. Oh, if Willow’s friends would just walk through here now though… They’d know all about her and that would be that. “Baby, you never have to apologise for that. I had a Mom, I loved her and now she’s gone. Don’t tippy-toe around mentioning yours. I’m not going to break down and sob.” No, she’d sobbed herself out years ago.

“You might want to tippy-toe around her though,” Willow said, seeming happy with the response. “Remember I told you she tried to burn me at the stake? Imagine what she’ll do to the girl who turned her only child gay and drew her back into the world of spells and probably dancing around naked and stuff.”

“Have you ever done that?” Tara had to ask, ignoring the subject Willow had bartered for a fry with. The idea of Willow Rosenberg, perky and pale as she was, dancing naked under the stars – and with her – had an entirely understandable appeal. However she’d never come across a spell that actually specified nudity.

“No,” Willow said, “but then I’ve never had anyone to dance around with till now either.”

Would they? Could they? No… Willow was no more an exhibitionist than she was. Maybe out in the wilds where they knew there was no one around for say a hundred miles, but nowhere near Sunnydale.

And she knew that – if they ever dared do it – it wouldn’t be for a spell either.

“Wh-what were you going to tell me?” Tara asked, pushing the plate away from her and focusing solely on the hot woman holding onto her.

“Oh, yeah. It’s no big deal.”

“You took your reward, now you hold up your end. Tell me.”

“I took a fry.”

“You t-took lots of fries,” Tara corrected.

“I don’t want to worry you about it,” Willow said. “You should go write your paper and I’ll tell you later.”

“But now I am worried about it,” Tara argued.

“Say ‘please’ then.”

Tara just kissed her; it seemed to have the same effect with the added benefit of setting her all a-tingle again too. Willow’s proximity, the way they were pressed together even here in the canteen had – through whatever it was that special between them – set her feeling alive in a way that only this same woman had managed before.

“Okay,” Willow sighed. “I just – well, it’s really no biggie.”

“Willow!”

“I’m going to make love to you tonight.”

Tara wasn’t sure she’d heard her right. The voice had been clear, distinct and definitely Willow’s but… was that the sort of thing one person said to another? Were her hopes making her imagine the words? Hadn’t she said it wasn’t a big deal?

“I’m going to make love to you tonight,” Willow said, more confidently this time and just about loud enough that it caused some girls over at the next table to look around at them and giggle. Tara couldn’t find a bit of her that cared.

“Umm.”

She also couldn’t find a part of her that knew what to say. She’d nixed ‘that’ll be nice’ as soon as it popped into her head. Because it was going to be nice, but so much more than nice. It was a huge step to Willow, she knew that. Not because this would confirm her sexuality – she seemed to have accepted that remarkably easily anyway. And it wasn’t because Willow thought there was some huge significance to the sex that outweighed how they felt about each other – she didn’t.

No, Willow was probably just nervous to do something she hadn’t done before and perhaps not be all that great at it. Tara had tried to reassure her, tell her that it couldn’t be all that hard, what with her own – virgin – success in the laundry room. That even if it wasn’t going great it’d be being with Willow that she appreciated the most and that she’d happily steer her lover – her lover! – in the right directions.

It’d all just come out wrong and disturbed Willow’s confidence even more. So… ‘Umm’ for now.

“Nothing to say?” Willow asked. Her giggle betrayed the nerves that were still plainly there.

“Umm.” This? For a fry?

“You said that already. Look, I’ve really been avoiding the research thing,” Willow said. “I didn’t want to make love to you like someone else would – I wanted to do it like I would.”

Wow… that was unexpected too. She’d already come to appreciate that Willow was the research girl. That was what she did. She’d have laid a bet that Willow would be on the internet or in the library… “Erm, good?”

She was just… blown away.

“I believe in myself,” Willow said, kissing her one more time. Tara could tell she was building up to leaving her there. But leaving her on a promise. That was a first too. “I’m going to make love with you, and it’s going to be good.

“I know,” Tara said finally. “I know.”

Willow stood up. “So I’ll see you later?”

As if she could possibly say ‘no’? “Yes, you will.”

“What time shall I come round?”

Now! Let’s go now, lets go to bed and stay there… “About seven?” Tara checked. “I’ll make you dinner. Oh, and if you’re up for it I found this cool spell…”

Willow looked at her. “Spell?”

“Never mind.”

Spells another time…

Tonight she was making love with her girl. And it was going to be good.

Author’s note: I like writing these slightly canon changing scenes we never saw from S4. If anyone has any suggestions or requests with a slightly comedic possibility… just say so and I might indulge us both.

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Re: Processing - New Part 09/29/09
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:55 pm 
2. Floating Rose

aw so cute
i love the way they react with each other
they are shy with each other
but joke around alot too
i think it's adorable
can't wait for more :peace

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:08 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Well thank you paranormalness09

I dimly remember what it was like to be newly with someone and worried about misunderstandings or putting them off. It seems more adorable in others than in person :)

Thanks again

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:31 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great fic.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:56 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
I just caught up with both parts, and I really enjoyed them.

You captured their 'awkward, nervousness' mannerisms really well in both parts, I was laughing my way through the two of them.

These are really awesome, want more!! :D

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:32 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Thanks SJ

Laragh - I almost think I went over the top sometimes with their mannerisms, and made them a parody of themselves - but actually, in a comedic story, that's no bad thing and if worked for you, great!

Thanks very much.

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:49 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 1
*.* ; Katharyn's here!

(rapid typing of totally incoherent and obsequious fan-message, rereading and smacking head on table, deleting).

Now that my starstruck moment is over…

As always, I feel you really have the characters are they were. Not as people to like to think they were (which I believe is the one danger of reading too much fanfic- you start to see the characters through the reflections most commonly written)- but as they were actually portrayed. You are one of the extremely few who had managed to find the voice of Tara, with all the self-doubt, second guessing, and yet a refusal to succumb entirely to both of those traits. And, despite the apparent beginning that this story stems from, I applaud the reticence to just jump in bed together (again? Not that there was a bed to start with…). Too many folks seem to decide "inhibition barrier broken- full speed ahead!" and leave out all the subtleties.

As to your worry of making characters a parody of themselves- you've got a couple of girls who are crushing on each other. They are going to be more than a little silly, because that is what silly crushing people do. But there is still reason and reasoning, as well as just a bit of strangeness from the results of their initial encounter (I'd expect more, but I tend to feed on angst and that's obviously not where you are going). That you were willing to allow conflict into this tentative beginning is refreshing (the misinterpretation that leads to Tara's refusal to be "just for that")- again, I contrast to the frequent "they have a connection, they always understand each other" that is so oft relied on.

Let me know if you ever want me to nitpick the few British-isms… it's not jarring, but there are one or two "Americans just don't say it that way" words/phrases. PM me if so. If not- I doubt anyone will care, given the skill with which you paint your scenes.

Last suggestion- you refer to one of Sassette's stories as the jumping point for your own. If you would provide the title or a link to that story, it would be nice…

Quote:
“I took a fry.”

“You t-took lots of fries,” Tara corrected.

Tee hee. This tickled me for some reason.

-Never

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:01 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Hi Neverchosen

Thanks for the fulsome feedback :)

I will never suffer reading too much fanfic and getting the characters 'wrong' as a result as I - for years - have never had chance to read it! Lots of really great stuff has passed me by. Mostly this is time, secondly when I was writing big fics here I couldn't 'pollute' my thinking as you suggest and third I read with beta eye - I want to correct stuff!

The reasons I will get characters 'wrong' are a) time that has passed - I have not watched an episode of BTVS since the week before the unmentionable episode aired and b) writing Sidestep for 4 years or so really put those versions of the characters in my head.

So... long story short, I'm pleased you like how the characters work here. It's almost instinctive writing (though that does let the britishisms you mentioned in there)

The Sassette story that started my riff on 'the laundry room' was - I am pretty sure - one of her Vignettes series. There's a thread for it. They are snippets in the lives of the girls and one of them reveals what really happened in the laundry room. I personally choose not to believe it - though you can make a good case for it - as I like the girls as they were shown. However... as a writer it's pure gold. Especially when you deal with the aftermath for these girls... I mean Willow, her first time with a girl, being a neat freak and over planner, overtaken by lust and fear and doing it in the laundry room? And Tara... same thing? OMG, it's too perfect a set up to ignore. Then I say, well... okay, they did that. And they do have this instinctive connection. BUT... how the hell do you process that? How do you get to know each other? How do you resist more GOOD SEX and go back and date and be GF's first? It's a beautiful thing to write for comedy while not being absurd.

You are right that I am not after angst here, its a serious story but done in a comedic way... The one thing I have always refused to do in any T/W story is to have them doubt sexuality in any serious way. That is non-negotiable for me. Even for Willow I let her past, she was with Oz. She was alone. Now she's found girls. Even she just skips past it going 'la la la, I like girls. Or this girl at least.' If anyone I have Tara doubt more, her fear of Willow not being able to go there permanently...

I'm not going to ask you about the Britishisms. I am aware of many... I miss some. These things I love to write, but lack much time. So I tend to write a draft and then redraft for spellings, grammar, changes etc. But I don't over do it as much as I used to... Sorry if that does jar, but I figure it's better to post! I do intend to keep this going, but only as I have new ideas. I'd hope every few weeks, certainly once a month, to think about having something in here. But as I said, ideas are welcome! Writing is easy. A good idea is the hard part!

Thanks so much again...

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:01 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I sought around a bit and found the Vignette of which you write. For others who wish to go there, the link:

http://www.thekittenboard.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2820&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=240

I don't know about 'polluting' by reading what others write. It's more that there is a way to write that follows the series, and a way that follows the way the characters have evolved since the series ended. Is one more legit than the other? It depends on what you are looking for. I tend to look for the unsureness, uncertainty, and insecurity that I identified with in canon. Not insecurity in personal identity (or sexuality for that matter), but both W/T had issues in trying to understand where they fit with the people around them. And in the beginning, a lot of that was between them as well (as I recall- all events are colored by my own perceptions, of course). My take on Willow's sexuality was simple; she loves the person, not the plumbing... but she also likes to define herself, so when she decides she has a label, she'll take it and run with it. Just my take, probably different than 90% of the KB.

Ideas- we never did hear about the origins of Miss Kitty. She just... appeared. Surely there is a story there. The decision (did someone have kittens or did they go to the pound?), the choosing (how can you choose?!), the hiding her in their dorm, and the ever present problem of felis interruptis. And kittens plus magic? Recipe for disaster.

-Never

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:42 am 
23. Volumey Text

Umm... you thought I was offended? Not sure where that came from. I'm offended you thought I was offended, but I will let that past in the name of sisterly love ;)

The word 'polluting' was a little strong. What I really meant was that I have a habit of reading something and sucking up the ideas, promptly forgetting where they came from and regurgitating them later... That's what I meant by polluting.

I love the S4 canon. Years ago I started here with a (not great) missing scenes fic that makes me cringe to look at now, so I think I like the same things you do. I also agree with you on the 'person not plumbing' thing, though I think that gave her the time to assess and realise who she was in a world that was larger than the bed she shared with Tara. I love your label point though! Very true.

Ideas. Thanks! You may find that comes back to haunt you later Actually, someone did write a 'Miss Kitty origins' story. It was me... though in the context of Sidestep it was rather gruesome :) Perhaps I will go there again for you now you made those suggestions... I can already see Willow pestering Tara to take her to get the kitty now :)

However before that, I have a new part all ready for posting tomorrow - since you shame me into using it by calling me your fave fan-fic writer! Thanks for that too...

In fact thanks for all of it...

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:38 am 
23. Volumey Text

Title: Processing – Completely Down with the Eating Thing
Spoiler Warning: Probably none, and why the hell do we need to worry about this years after the show went off the air? Suffice it to say nothing bad ever happened to our girls.
Distribution This story was written for Pens. Pens is its home. No archiving off Different Coloured Pens (This applies to all my W&T fic)
Summary: Tara and Willow in the aftermath of visiting some old friends. We’re still in the first few weeks of their relationship.
Rating: Nah, nothing to see here.
Notes: This story came to me in a flash of two ideas I wanted to include, only one of which is fully fleshed out. What if they went back to the Wicca Group and just how did Willow out herself. The answers lie herein… Ideas always appreciated if you want to keep this series going… My aim is at least one a month until I run out of fun…
Thanks To: Louise for everything.

Processing

Completely Down with the Eating Thing

By

Katharyn Rosser

“Oh Tara, come on!” Willow was still on the high they’d had when they hurried back to the dorm after their… encounter. A planned encounter, they’d gone there with mischief in mind. But an encounter all the same. “Their faces. It was just beautiful.”

“A-Actually,” Tara replied, “it was kind of sad, when you think about it. They were all closed and not accepting at all.”

“But for reasons that were unique to them,” Willow pointed out. “It wasn’t like they were being homophobic.” Why was Tara suddenly down on what had happened? When they’d run out of the room giggling part way through the meeting she hadn’t been anything but amused. Now, upon reflection, Tara had found something to worry about.

Tara looked at her. “Wasn’t it?”

“Not as such.” Willow knew she was on shaky ground here. She was new to this whole ‘non-majority sexuality’ thing – which seemed like a term no one could argue with or take offence at – but she also wasn’t particularly ‘out.’

At least she hadn’t been.

Out meant that people knew and those people were kind of in short supply in her case. Point being, she hadn’t had to deal with the feedback on it. Until today.

While her friends and family had no idea she was rapidly falling deeper and deeper into love with this young woman who’s dorm kitchen she was in right now, some of the people she despised the most were fully up to date with the all new gay Willow.

Maybe it was just easier to be yourself with people you didn’t have to care about. With other people there was baggage, existing relationships that were screwed up in ways you didn’t understand. Expectations of you. People you didn’t like, it didn’t matter. So yay for people she despised!

“Go on,” Tara said. She was concentrating on frying meatballs for the pasta dish she was preparing. It smelled glorious already, even though the meatballs had come out of a box. The sauce was fresh though – and so quick. They’d only been back for twenty minutes and Tara was whipping up a culinary treat.

“Well…” Willow considered her words carefully. The last thing she wanted was to give offence or look like she’d failed to consider just what real homophobia meant to people. She got that. She did. She’d planned ahead and got her rainbow flag for Pride. Dealing was people who hated what she’d found she was, well it was something she’d thought about, weighed and then rejected as any reason to hold back from being with the beautiful Tara Maclay. But it was out there in the world. Tara was right about that.

But she just didn’t believe where they’d been had been a hotbed of homophobes. Despite – or because of - what they’d said, she just didn’t see it that way. And she was willing to disagree with Tara to make the point.

Yay me, I’m willing to stand up for myself to the hottest woman in Sunnydale. Or possibly the state.

“Justin’s gay,” she pointed out. Justin was someone she really only knew of through Tara, who’d been attending longer than she had. But they’d all had coffee a couple of times.

“He also doesn’t attend the group anymore,” Tara said, as if that proved her point. And it might.

“He wants to be a warlock, though he doesn’t have any talent for it like you do,” Willow said, kissing her witch’s cheek. If Tara had been utterly mundane, devoid of the supernatural then she’d still have been magic. Special and precious in other ways. That she was a powerful witch was just… bonus time.

“Willow,” Tara said sternly, “They called us out for being lesbians. That doesn’t leave much room for wiggle.”

“Leaving aside the label for just a moment -” Willow tried to sound reasonable, but Tara interrupted her and she wondered whether going on about this was perhaps the least smart move she’d made all day.

“The ‘label’? Why are we leaving the ‘label’ aside?”

“Okay, look baby. I’m a dork. I say things and they’re what I mean to say, but they’re not what I wanted to say – if you get what I mean. You know this already. Just… Look, let me deal with one thing at a time. This was funny. Not bad.”

Tara paused, then dropped the spoon and grabbed her waist. Pulled her close and kissed her again. To say that she was delighted - in the midst of what might’ve become an argument - was no exaggeration. Willow was into the kissing thing. They’d allowed themselves to go there – in public and now in dorms where someone could easily know one of them and do… what?

Just wait until they, one day, made love again. She didn’t think the walls were thick enough here to keep that entirely private… Especially if Tara did that thing with her – Mmmm.

“I’m sorry,” Tara said.

“You know what they were really bothered about, don’t you?” Willow asked, changing tack, but holding onto the girl all the same.

“Umm, that we’re gay?”

“No!” Willow said. “You were there too. You saw them; you know them better than I do so I don’t know why I’m telling you this. They’re so up their own butts, they think they’re so special even though they don’t have a spoonful of magical potential between the lot of them. Justin looks like Gandalf alongside anyone of them. It’s the archetype that bothers them, not that it’s us or even that anyone is gay at all. But two lesbian wiccans! Could it possibly be any more of a stereotypical?”

“I guess.”

“They probably thought we were going to pile up the furniture, set fire to it and strip off to dance around the bonfire. You know, before the lezzy stuff.”

“Lezzy stuff?”

“Their thoughts,” Willow said quickly. “Not mine. And you know, if it bothered you so much, what were you laughing at?” Willow asked. Getting to know her girl was one of the things that gave her the most joy. And the most beautiful thing about it was that she was going to be doing it every single day. This sort of conversation, she didn’t see it as a challenge to their I-have-a-girlfriend-happiness. She saw it as an opportunity.

“You.”

“Me?” She wasn’t keen on people laughing at her, she didn’t do well with comedy.

“You were laughing so much, it was kind of infectious.”

“Even though you thought I was laughing at their homophobia? If they were – which I don’t believe by the way.”

“N-No,” Tara said. “That wouldn’t have been funny. But their faces were. You’re right. The whole scenario was kind of funny. I mean…when we walked in holding hands - ”

“We weren’t holding hands.”

“We were!”

“No, we had linked arms. We held hands when we sat down.”

“Oh, yeah.”

Willow grinned. “And we only did that because their jaws were on the floor after the kiss.”

Oh… the kiss. She’d kissed Tara like that maybe once before, and that had been in the privacy of the bedroom. But there… Maybe she wasn’t so bad at the comedy.

“We are b-bad, aren’t we?” Tara sounded like she desperately wanted to be – for once – no matter what else she thought about it.

“Haven’t I been telling you that, baby?” Willow asked. Self-important little bitches. Yes, she’d even said it aloud. Once. Bitches. And, yes they’d teased them remorselessly. Wicca group had brought them together. What else could they do but return and let them know? Say thank you?

“You have.”

“Who’s bad!?” Willow asked in the manner of Michael Jackson and just as someone else from the dorm walked into the kitchen.

“Umm,” the visitor said, fetching a glass of milk. “You guys?”

“Damn straight,” Willow said, looking at Tara lovingly.

“Straight. Yeah. Just what I was thinking.” Then the other girl was gone before Willow could introduce herself. Leaving them alone again.

“I still think we should have done something,” Willow explained. Just to finally turn the Wicca group on its head. Separate the wheat from the chaff. The witch from the wanna-blessed-be. Because, right now, they should be renaming themselves the ‘henna tattoo and bake sale group.’

About the only props she could give them was for their overt feminism, yet you just knew that every one of them probably went home and simpered at a boyfriend. Nearly every one of them, anyway.

“D-Do something? You mean something like - ” Tara looked quite alarmed.

“Oh no!” She hadn’t meant that all. That would be testing feminist solidarity a little too much. “A spell though…”

“You said it yourself,” Tara explained. “They’d run a mile if we even pulled a bunny out of a hat.”

“You’re right. You know though, I have a friend who actually would. Well – actually not so much a friend as a girl who’s not good enough for my oldest friend. Ex-demon bitch.” She rolled her eyes and then noticed Tara look pained for a moment.

“Oh, sorry. I’ll stop being mean about people you don’t know – let you form your own impressions. And you will form an impression of Anya cos… you know, that’s what she does. Give people impressions. And not in a comedic way.”

“That’s not…” Tara hesitated. “Willow?”

“Yes.”

A long pause, where she waited for whatever it was Tara wanted to say.

But eventually… “Nothing.”

Hmm, something there that her girl was really having trouble saying? To her? Interesting. But perhaps that was better than saying all sorts of stuff the wrong way. It wasn’t like she had friends who found words to be a burden. And she didn’t mean Tara’s slight stammer either. They – the Scoobies – all talked way too much. And she included herself in that.

Tara Maclay was someone who didn’t actually need words. Her eyes were so expressive, the things she did say so nuanced and important that… Well, it didn’t matter if sometime she stumbled on a word or two. It was actually a relief to be with someone who could enjoy well… quiet.

Although when she was around this girl – her girl – she often ran off at the mouth and she’d already told Tara she’d keep doing that probably until they were old and gray together. An accidental declaration of intent. But could you talk about anything less than forever when you felt this way about someone?

No.

Whether it lasted that long or not, when you felt it, you felt it. Reality was for pessimists and might easily become self-fulfilling. Better to talk about a future and make it happen.

“So what did you mean about the label?” Willow asked, offering a Tara a change of topic since there was something on her mind she couldn’t admit or say. Her once and – hopefully – soon to be lover deserved much more than being caught in that sort of indecision. If it was important it’d come out, sooner or later.

Also, Tara had attached some importance to labelling. That’d been obvious by her reaction when she’d mentioned it.

“Labels matter,” Tara said.

“Well, duh.”

“You agree?”

“I’m one of the most labelled up people I know,” Willow explained and counted them off. “Geek. Nerd. Hacker. Ginger. Redhead. Did I say nerd? Yeah, Nerd. Scoobie. Witch. And most recently…” She did a drum roll on the work top. “Lesbian. Hmm, I think I prefer lesbian to be followed by something though.”

“Like what?”

“Umm… witch. Lesbian witch. Or, I know… Lover. ‘Lesbian lover’. I could stand to be labelled that way. Don’t you think it just rolls off the tongue?” She took great delight in saying it again – stretching it out. “Baby, I’m your lesbian lover.”

They both stopped and looked at the girl who’d come in for the milk earlier, now standing in the doorway. “Tara?” the girl asked.

“Y-yes.”

“I get it, you know. Gay. Both of you. Sheesh. As if anyone cares!” Then she was gone again.

“I care,” Willow said after her. She cared muchly. When it came to caring she was a… care bear. No. Not that. But something that cared a whole lot. “If I’m going to spend time here, you really need to introduce me to her.”

And the rest of the hall at least.

“Count on it. Shayla… she really doesn’t care what anyone is. Actually, she’s openly asexual.”

Willow looked at the door again. “Really?”

“So she said on our first night here.”

“But… she’s hot. Not as hot as you, of course.” Hmm, this really was something she didn’t want to get into either. Just one girl for her who’d already proven she was nothing like being asexual. Far from it.

“G-Good recovery, sweetie.”

“Thanks. I pride myself on my reaction time.”

Of course, she was digging her own holes.

Tara passed her the loaded spoon. “Here. Taste this.”

“Mmm.” Better and better, she’d found a woman who could cook. How was that for investing in the future? In your face guidance counsellor!

“It really doesn’t bother you,” Tara said. “Does it?”

She licked the spoon. “Mnnn. What?”

“The label?”

“Baby,” Willow said seriously, waving the spoon. “I’m with you – I want to be with you. I want to be with you a whole more than we are now and a lot more comfortably than we were the last time we were with each other. First time, I mean. First time – last time, same time. Anywho, I want to be with you in every way – not just the very good sexy thing. When you take all that into account, there’s nothing I can deny about the label. Why wouldn’t I be comfortable with the word?”

“I don’t know,” Tara said. “Most people find it’s a big deal.”

“I’m not most people.”

“No, you’re not. But… You know, you were in love with a g-guy. You were so down after that you even came to Wicca group.” Tara sounded like she was building to something.

Willow got it. Though it’d started with licking a spoon, it was a biggie conversation. “Wasn’t that a good thing?”

“Very.” Tara kissed her quickly to illustrate how good. “But… it’s not like you hated being with him.”

“Oz was…” Willow thought about it now with more detachment than she’d managed for a long time. A bright, beautiful lover – gay or not – would give you that perspective. “He was more like a brother than – not that I’d do those things with my brother, you know if I had one. But…” She shrugged.

“So what am I?” Tara asked in a very small voice.

“The only person I ever wanted this way. Guy or girl. The only person who makes me feel…” She sighed, unable to find a word good enough.

“Go on, please.” Just a little hint of desperation?

She took an extra beat to consider, wanting this description to be perfect. “Complete. I guess. When I’m here with you? Even just in the same room, let alone when we brush together or we’re talking… its like something connects us. Like two halves of a heart pendant. We fit together.”

“I make you complete?”

“Uhuh. Is that ready?” she asked.

“How can you think about food now?” Tara asked, taking the hint and moving to drain the pasta anyway.

Willow knew what she meant, but she was hungry too. “Hello? Cooking. Food. Kitchen. Not in that order.”

Tara grinned and finished serving up before they sat down at the kitchen table. “This is great,” Willow said, tucking in.

“I always cooked at home, I like to do something for someone else – for you.”

“I could make a joke here, about these being all the balls I want.” She popped one into her mouth as she watched Tara splutter sauce on the table. Luckily there was no cloth or that would’ve stained.

“No fair!” Tara managed after swallowing what was left.

“Sorry.”

“No,” Tara said. “You’re not.”

“Okay, I’m really not.”

“Have you thought about maybe being bi-sexual?” Tara asked a few bites later. “Working up to it. Maybe it’s just me.”

Luckily Willow had already finished her mouthful. “Nice try, missy. I can’t believe you – of all people – would deny me my sexuality.”

“No, seriously.”

Willow sipped at some illegal wine and thought about it. “It is just you. But no, I never thought about it once. I won’t lie and said I’ve been ‘yay girls’ all along. But baby, once I was with you… I can’t go back to boys-town. It’s not who I am – you showed me the way.” She sipped again.

“And you showed me your pussy,” Tara deadpanned, just at the right moment.

This time Willow was the one who spluttered, starting to cough as she inhaled a little wine. “Vixen.”

“Minx.”

“Truce?” Willow asked. “I don’t want to waste my wine all over the table. Illegal as it is…”

“We cooked with it, that’s all. This is just… finishing off.”

“Being environmentally friendly – not wasting it.”

“Uhuh.”

“So truce?” she pushed, hesitating to take another bite until she had that assurance.

“Sure.”

“Noticed we seemed to be eating together a lot?” Tara asked.

It was true, they’d met for lunch and dinner a lot over the past few days. But… Wait. Had Tara broken the truce already? Did she mean? Nah… She was a woman of her word. And they hadn’t gone there again yet. The only slipping of tongue had been mouth to mouth.

“I’m the so eating girl,” Willow replied. “I’m down with it.”

Shayla walked in again just then. Of course. “Don’t mind me. Asexual in the dorm. You just keep flaunting yourselves.”

“Umm,” Willow said. “Maybe I didn’t mean to say it like that.”

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Re: Processing - New Part 10/10/09
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:18 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
I love your writing, I am relatively new so I am not familiar with your previous work, I'll make a point to read it though. You are really good a comedic banter. Looking forward to more. I hope we don't have to wait a month :pray

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:35 am 
23. Volumey Text

Well thanks. I hate self-advertising but since you mentioned it... my earlier work varies both in quality and in content.

I started with the Beginnings Cycle. That is in the archive but due to the fact it was from two posting boards ago, some of the longer parts are truncated. However you can find it intact at the backup board (which is the old Kitten Board from 2004 or so) Frankly I cringe now. I didn't have a beta reader then (I don't now, but have progressed as a writer to feel better about that) and I was much more of a novice. But there were some nice ideas in there. They are like a badly written version of these stories :)

Sidestep is on this board. It is HUGE. Over a million words set in the universe created by Cordelia's wish in 'The Wish'. Approach with caution it took me years to write (partly due to an accident) and by the end I had forgotten the parts earlier on LOL. It's not archived as I still harbour some hopes of finding a really important story (not monster of the week) that will round it off in a third part. I am still searching for that though.

There's a few other things knocking around, some comedic Xmas fics I did with Forrister and then some one shots...

That should keep you going though! As for waiting a month? Unlikely. I am having fun with this at the moment however due to all sorts of life things November is likely to be sparse...

Thanks so much.

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:47 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I am trying so hard not to reply to your replies on my replies... what with this not being a chat room and all. It's sorely tempting... but I digress.

Do I get to claim credit for the 'label' thing or was that already in progress when I mentioned it? Shayla the asexual dorm mate- oh there is so much to say, but not in a published post. -_- ;

I had trouble imagining the Sidestep MKF origin fitting into this... I tried though, I really did. But the logic was so perfectly VampWillow. And everything I came up with as a conversation about cats... and... um... eating them... ended up being far too vulgar for my poor prudish mind. And usually contained the quote from your signature line.

*jiggles empty bottle of brain-bleach, sighs*

Anyway, there are more than one MKF origin stories out there (though I think yours was the most creative, most people, for obvious reasons, couldn't go that route)- but then, there are lots of "unseen scenes" stories too. Doesn't mean you shouldn't write your own, obviously.

Oh, and thanks to the VampWillow origin thought process meandering into strange places, I ended up doing a well received (despite my god-awful writing) fluffy little improv bit on KB chat last night. ^_^ Thanks for the inspiration.

WT4E- Read Sidestep! http://thekittenboard.com/board/viewtop ... sc&start=0 It's the only permanent fanfic link in my bookmarks. Whatever Katharyn says to the contrary about the beginning section- it is a work that is intelligent in design, thoughtful in execution, and epic (I don't mean length- though there is that- I mean a story in which the characters change and change their world in fundamental ways). It resonates for those of us who see ourselves in the broken characters therein. Now I'm going to disgruntle Katharyn by saying that I actually liked it more than the happier part of Sidestep... which is still a good read. It just isn't epic (again, not talking length).

-Never

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:01 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great fic.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:55 am 
23. Volumey Text

Thanks SJ

Neverchosen - I am afraid you don't get to claim credit for the labels thing. I've been sat on that part for a few days now. Though you may have been channeling ;)

The asexual dorm mate... Such a throw away but it's really something that we don't see that much anywhere. Okay, I am not the best person to understand and portray anyone asexual but I have a work colleague who is 'out' as asexual which I chose to throw in there. Obviously she is the conventionally hottest woman in our office LOL.

I take your point about the epic nature (and lack of that later) in Sidestep. All I will say on the topic is 'happy and together'... I swore to get them that way and - once I did - not to screw with that. Refusal to break them apart (even to put them back together) does make for a story where there is less change in the characters. *shrugs* Even finding that level of epicness is what holds me back from Sidestep 3. For context SS was written before, during and after the clusterf*ck that was S6. From the 'good place' the girls were left in S5 through that shit and... I could go on and on. I reacted in ways that - had the show never gone that direction - I might not have done. It was there to prove a point to someone who'd never read it...

Yeah, I said 'all I'll say' LOL... Note to self, stop posting about old stories in this thread!!

Thanks so much.

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:03 am 
23. Volumey Text

Title: Processing – Picking Out Pussy
Author: Katharyn Rosser (from an idea by NeverChosen)
Summary: Tara and Willow go to pick out a new member of their family. In the days after NMR.
Rating: No! It’s a MKF origin story. Stop being filthy minded. Okay, a little caution, nothing too explicit.
Notes: This is what happens if you a) feedback and b) provide the writer with ideas… they get turned into a reality. Hope it’s up to spec. This part may well mean this starts to jump in time a little. Obviously this is post NMR which means I skipped a lot… I may go back into those gaps. But meh, do you care?
Thanks To: Louise for everything. NeverChosen for putting the idea out there.

Processing

Picking Out Pussy

By

Katharyn Rosser

(From an idea by NeverChosen)

“Taarah, come on!”

Willow was – to put it mildly – impatient. In retrospect the mistake had been waking up this morning and not putting over clearly enough just how much she wanted to lay here and be with her girl.

Though it should’ve been obvious. While everything was still shiny and new enough for this to be one of the first Friday nights Willow had stayed over – without any other problems getting in the way - by now this girl should’ve recognised the signs of perfect contentment and just gone with it.

But hey, if she didn’t, then Tara would just have to show her a little understanding, a little patience and make sure Willow came to recognise when she wanted to snuggle in the future.

And more than snuggle.

Tara was in no way ashamed of feeling so blatantly sexual towards her girl. In fact she was proud of it. They’d come through difficult times already. Willow had chosen her over anyone else, even after just a few weeks of knowing each other. And there’d been no holding back after that. No more desire to re-write how quickly they’d fallen into sex as well as love and desire.

Sex. Desire for someone who was… right here now. It was something that had always been out there for Tara, she’d been very aware that it happened. But so far off and slightly unreal because of that distance. Now though… it was now very firmly a part of her life.

Their lives.

Their life together.

She pulled the selected top over her head, smoothed it down and then tucked that errant strand of hair back into place in it’s band but before she could finish up Willow was by her side.

“I love you,” Willow said. The impatience was given away not by the words, but rather by how she bounced from one foot to the other.

Tara rolled her eyes, crossed her arms and refused to move.

“Well,” Willow added, “I do.”

“I know you do, sweetie, but saying it now isn’t going to make me move any faster.”

They’d only had a few weeks together so far – and not even half the nights where Willow had stayed over – but already Tara was aware of the irony. Usually she was the one who was up and about, tidying up and fixing coffee. Running down to the little store on campus to pick up something for breakfast. The one who was chiding Willow for her tardiness.

Though to be fair – as Willow had often pointed out – she’d never had to be chided, especially for class, until they’d met and she’d found something better to do with her mornings.

There was no doubt in Tara’s mind that Willow did love her. Even so soon in their relationship. She’d pretty much known it the first morning after they’d been chased into the laundry room. When what could’ve been awkward or downright disastrous turned into ‘I want to know you, I want to be with you.’

And when Willow had been offered a choice and had picked her… Tara had never doubted the love, not through that whole thing, but she had wondered if love was enough.

It was only her love for Willow that’d allowed her to say she’d stand aside for what this girl wanted. And it’d only been her self-doubt, never doubt of Willow, that’d made her believe she wouldn’t be the one to be chosen.

Now though… it was all different. Willow choosing to be with her had given her a new confidence. A new belief in herself. And she enjoyed that sensation. Okay, she was never going to be Miss Gregarious, the life and soul… but Willow completed her. They’d said that weeks ago, and it was true. Together they were greater than the sum of their parts.

And today they were looking to add a new part…

Almost as treasured as the love was the fact that Willow plainly desired her. The gloves had come off once Willow arrived with that candle. No more holding back. No more regrets that they’d gone so far so fast. They often shared a bed; they shared their bodies too. And they shared their hearts.

But even before they’d given up on the second base rule – while she’d been staying over - Willow loved to watch her come back from the shower and get dressed.

Even more than that Willow loved to watch her in the shower – and Tara could see the attractions – but until they could have a little privacy… No.

She felt desired and that was remarkable. Love, of a different kind, she’d known her whole life. Mom, of course, but Daddy too… in a different, very paternal way. Not surprising given what he knew would happen to her. She was lucky he even cared. But yeah… This love between she and Willow was different, of course, but also kind of the same. They were the most important people for each other. More important even than self.

Now that was love.

To be desired though… It was something she’d never felt.

And this morning something she wasn’t particularly aware of. Willow… Willow coveted something else right now. Something she’d promised they’d do and now she was being hurried along. For all that the place didn’t open till nine anyway and it was what, quarter after seven?

All that snuggling time down the drain. And she wasn’t totally sure that Willow realised just what they were taking on. Oh, she was all about the responsibility but that wasn’t the half of it.

It was going to be demanding, interfering and… adorable.

The more she thought about it the more she thought maybe they should call the kitten, ‘Willow 2’?

------------

“Tara, you can’t ask me to do this.”

“You have to, baby.”

Talking about being daunted. This was what Tara was here for, to be the ‘grown up’ in this situation and make the tough choices. Hadn’t she done enough by bringing them down here? She thought so.

“Maybe… maybe, we could take more than one?” Willow suggested. That’d help. That’d help everyone. It’d help the pound. It’d help the kittens and it’d help her. She’d have to make one less choice.

It wasn’t exactly that she couldn’t pick out a kitten. More that she couldn’t turn down all the rest of them. They had the whole big eye thing going on for them – which was just fatal for her decision making process and – and they were fluffy and cute and adorable and… There was just no way. The scoring matrix she’d typed up, printed and brought down here had gone in the trash as soon as they’d come into this room.

There was no way.

“Uhuh. Not happening. Not when they’d both have to stay with me.”

“It’d be cruel to separate them,” Willow pointed out. “Who would they play with when we’re at class?”

“One cat can be sneaky,” Tara said. “Two cats? That’s just throwing sneaky out of the window and watching it splatter into - ”

“Cat food?”

“Thanks, watching it splatter into cat food when it hit the ground.” There were rules – Willow understood that - and though Tara said she was appreciating this whole rebellious streak Willow swore hadn’t been there before they met, it was rebellion on the QT. Just the way that she liked it. Flying under the radar. Sometimes so only she knew about it.

And this time it was where Tara was the one taking the risk. If the kitty was found in her room then they’d make her get rid of it, and who wanted that?

But ‘splattered into cat food’? “I never knew you could be so… graphic,” Willow said, surprised at her choice off words.

“Sometimes I can even be gross. Wait, you know what I mean.”

“I get it. But I can’t pick just one. Look at their little faces. They’re all so cute,” Willow said. “Except that one.”

Tara went to the cage she was indicating. “Ohhh, don’t be awful. She’s cute too. She just got her dinner all over her face.”

“Cats are supposed to be fastidious, clean themselves,” Willow pointed out. “That’s where the hairballs come from.”

“You know about the hairballs?” Tara checked.

Cats had been part of Tara’s life at home – and kittens when they bred and then were given away. She’d been disabusing Willow of all sorts of ideas. But never setting her straight, because straight was something they didn’t do. It still gave her a tiny thrill to say – just to herself – I’m a lesbian. It was one of the first deep-rooted certainties she’d known about herself and had only taken eighteen years to discover. “I know, I’m the research gal. I go into these things with my eyes wide open.”

“As opposed to wide shut.”

“Yeah.”

“You want her,” Willow concluded. “Don’t you?”

“Look! She’s cleaning herself.”

That, at least, was a good sign. It was true, the black kitten with the white socks and stripe down her belly was making a good job of impersonating a cat of more distinction and tidying herself up after whatever the accident had been.

“It is cute, but…”

“But?”

“Do we want a kitty that gets herself in a mess? It is a she isn’t it?” She had her suspicions given the food that’d been all over it’s face. That seemed more like a guy thing.

“Yes! She’s a she. And she probably just had an accident.”

Willow hesitated. That wasn’t the way it was supposed to work. “She’s a cat, aren’t they supposed to be all sure footed and stuff?”

“How old were you when you stopped falling down?” Tara demanded.

Uh-oh. She aroused the tiger within her girlfriend by picking on the poor little kitten. “Umm.”

“And I’m still cleaning up after you too,” Tara joked.

“Okay – that was just because I didn’t know where you kept the clothes,” Willow argued. Couldn’t she just stop apologising for that? And how had she ended up on the defensive?

“All her brothers and sisters have already gone – she has no mommy. How can you think about leaving her here?” Tara asked.

“I don’t know, she just strikes me as kind of a spaz,” Willow said.

“Umm, hello? Wh-What do you think we are?”

There was that. Did they need a perfect little feline princess? All demanding and offended when they... did things that didn’t involve her? “Plus…” she said slowly, knowing she was committing herself to complicity in Tara looking after this particular bundle of fur. “Black. Mostly.” That was a white spot behind her nose too, and that was kind of cute.

“I know.”

“Totally traditional when it comes to your familiar.”

“Willow, we can’t use her as a familiar,” Tara said.

“Not like use-use. I mean, I wouldn’t want PETA on our case or anything, but you know for two witches – the only two real witches we know that aren’t statues or umm rats – not to have a familiar, don’t you think that’s kind of pathetic?”

“N-Not really, I mean we don’t need one so… no.”

“We’ve been doing spells,” Willow argued. “Who knows where we’ll go in the future.”

“Not there.”

Okay… Tara had evidently made that decision for them.

“Okay.”

“D-do you even know what a familiar – ooooh, look at her now. That’s sooo cute – do you even know what a familiar does?”

Willow had to admit that she was a little hazier than she’d like on that. Unlike science magic had no textbooks that told you the why as well as the how. And sometimes not even the how. It offended her nature, but on the other hand it worked so – since it was magic – sometime you just had to sit and believe.

Besides, she was pretty much convinced that when they were doing spells together and they got kind of… well, they were a turn on, she was privately sure that they were acting as each other’s familiar right then. How else was it no one else mentioned what happened when you did magic? Answer – it didn’t! Back when her Mom had tried to burn her at the stake, okay the magic hadn’t been that involved but she’d never felt a twinge of horniness. With Tara… Goddess be praised… she came. They both came. And it’d happened more than once.

And yes, what the kitten was doing was cute. Seemingly satisfied with a brief wash – which had successfully gotten all the food from her face – she’d sat up and was mewling at them through the glass and then rubbing against it. When Willow touched the window, the kitten dragged her whole body along it from tip of the ear to tip of the tail. And then again, the other way.

Then she looked absolutely disgusted that the glass was there and blocking her from what she wanted to be doing. Batted it with her head as a test and then mewled again.

It was a plea for a world where there weren’t glass walls you could see through, hear through but couldn’t get through.

Sounded kinda familiar as a metaphor.

“I don’t think I care what a familiar does,” Willow said. “You’re right – she won’t be one. She’s too smart for that. But she’s still a bit of a spaz.”

“Super-cute, smart and a spaz?” Tara asked. “Sounds like someone I know.”

“Is she cuter than me?” Willow asked, rubbing up against Tara’s shoulder in imitation of the kitten they’d obviously chosen. Meanwhile kitty in question watched them curiously. She seemed to know what was going to happen as well.

“You’re super-cute in a different way,” Tara told her.

“And less fluffy,” Willow said as they went to look for someone who could help them take the kitty away from here.

-------------

They’d filled the day since picking out Miss Kitty – and naming her – with the perfect activity for a trio of cute girls. Shopping. The pet superstore was full of all sorts of things that cats really didn’t need but their humans really loved to give them.

Willow – seeing the bounty on offer – had been like a kid in a candy store. And not limited herself to the kitty section either. Miss Kitty had nearly ended up with a bed covered in bones and more appropriately for a Great Dane. Since this had to fit into her dorm room and not be noticed in any random inspections Tara had been forced to restrain her girl’s enthusiasm.

Back home their cats had never really had anything like this. If they wanted to sleep there was always a soft or warm place around somewhere. If they wanted to scratch then there were trees. If they wanted to pee or the other thing then they were already living outside and in the barn so…

But a house – or dorm – kitty needed a few things. They’d come back with litter and a tray, bowls, kitten food, a scratching post, bed, blanket and a few small toys. Small enough that the ball was well able to get underfoot and cause an accident. She’d already stood on it twice as Willow played with their new ‘sister.’

Oh, and there was a toy mouse Willow had barely stopped squeaking since getting it out of the box.

The only other thing she’d invested in had equally fascinated Willow.

“Drugs?”

“Yup,” Tara had explained. “It doesn’t work for every kitty and only for a few minutes every hour or so but… yeah. They love it. We should probably wait until she’s a little bigger or I’d feel bad.” Also she’d read that very young kittens weren’t as susceptible to it anyway.

“Why?”

“You want to turn her into a nip baby?”

“Noooo,” Willow had agreed. But there was another addiction forming regardless. Willow to Miss Kitty and Miss Kitty to Willow. They both had a youthful exuberance to them when it came to each other and Tara, for her part, adored watching them.

By the end of the day both of them had been exhausted and Tara supposed this was how Miss Kitty would learn the value of ignoring the humans and taking naps.

Leaving her in her new bed – sans bones – they’d prepared for their own by taking advantage of the hour to enjoy a shower at the same time. Not that they’d done anything, at least not much, for fear of discovery but one day, when they were somewhere with a private – lockable – bathroom, it was a pleasure Tara knew that they wouldn’t be able to help indulging in.

Coming back to the room, they’d been all refreshed and somewhat… Well, ‘horny’ was a word she’d never used in her life but it was how Willow had left her feeling. By then the sleeping Miss Kitty had been lying on her back, making little noises with her tiny feet kicking in the air as she dreamed of something…

Even the cuteness of that hadn’t slowed their progress towards the bed by too long. Partly, Tara could admit, because it dominated the room. How she’d ended up with a double room with one large bed – when she’d had no one to share it with – mystified her. But perhaps it was vaguely karmic. Good deeds in her past had seen her equipped to have a girl friend.

Partly equipped… there were things that’d been mentioned she didn’t have but could be… interesting.

The other reason they made their way to the bed was the whole horny thing.

It was a bed that’d quickly come to mean way more than the laundry room floor for all sorts of reasons.

“What are you thinking?” Willow asked her now though, somewhat muffled. “You were somewhere else for a while then.”

“No,” Tara disagreed. “I was right here. Every moment. I was just thinking about our day.”

“So you were somewhen else.”

“It was still all about us.”

“Not even a little bit about her?” Willow asked she lifted her head from under the covers where she’d been working some more magic.

“Her?”

“The other girl in our lives.”

“Ah, her…”

“Yeah,” Willow said, snuggling up. “So, were you?”

“Yeah. I guess.”

“Wasn’t I good?” Just with a hint of nervousness. Willow so wanted to be good, every time, all the time. At everything she did. Even – especially – this. It was just her natural state of being.

Tara felt that it was worth teasing her though, just a little. “Couldn’t you tell? Do I need to be louder for you?”

“I could tell,” Willow said. “We’ve come that far together, I could definitely tell. I was just afraid you were thinking of her when you called my name.”

“When I call your name,” Tara said, kissing Willow’s throat between the words, there’s only one person on my mind. One love in my heart. One tongue in my…” No, that thought was best left unsaid.

“Keep kissing me like that and I might have to…”

“Do what you like,” Tara said, deciding that the night was far from over.

She kissed her way down Willow’s chest, to the tips of her breasts and lingered there, enjoying them with both lips and hands.

By the time she was straddling Willow, slowly and languorously rubbing together, both of them were more than ready for the next step and – perhaps because of her earlier admission – Willow made a seemingly unconnected point. “You don’t lose your words when we’re together like this.”

Tara hadn’t noticed. She didn’t care either; for all that she wasn’t surprised. “Shut up.”

She offered the tip of her finger to Willow and her lover dutifully sucked it into her mouth, allowing Tara to use the wetness to anoint the stiff nipples once again. Then she offered them a second time… This time she trailed lower down Willow’s body, her intention plain. Once more… When Willow released this time there was no stopping her. Her hand went back between Willow’s legs, touching in a way that was already making Willow gasp and hadn’t really gone anywhere.

Tara was looking into her girl’s eyes as she prepared to love her this way and thus she missed the intention of a small bundle of fur who launched herself from the bedside cabinet she’d somehow got up onto and right into Willow’s chest.

Willow jerked in reaction and Tara found she was – unexpectedly – ‘loving’ Willow while Miss Kitty looked up at her, tilting her head to one side and mewling inquisitively.

What are you doing. The question was obvious.

“Get used to it, kitty,” Tara said.

But the moment was gone and they gave up on it before Miss Kitty. Tara didn’t have the heart to throw her down off the bed and there was no continuing while those big eyes were fixed on her, watching her every move. And when Miss Kitty moved to stand on Willow’s breast and threatened to try her claws… that was a feline moment too far.

“Felis interruptis” she hissed as she rolled off Willow onto her back and Miss Kitty immediately lost interest and jumped down.

Willow just sighed. Lucky escape.

As she said later, explaining to Buffy why she had claw marks all over her breast might’ve been tricky.

-------------

“You know,” Willow said. “I’m kinda impressed that we got through an entire day and night without making one, solitary pussy joke. Didn’t we Miss Kitty Fantastico? Yes, we did! Do you think we should?”

Tara considered that. She wasn’t that great at situational comedy. The funny lines only came to her after the moment had long since passed. “I think we could.”

They sat there a few minutes, watching the antics of the improbably named kitten they’d brought into their lives. Somehow anything she could say seemed like it would only cheapen the moment. She looked to Willow, hoping her girlfriend would manage to come up with something.

Willow just shrugged.

“We suck.”

“Picking out a pussy,” Willow suggested… “Licked out a… Nah, that’s pretty lame.”

“It’s not b-bad,” Tara said, full of encouragement. “Just… kinda obvious. There is the whole thing about hair balls…” Tara hesitated. “You know, too much licking - ” She shook her head.

They looked at each other, both shuddered and Willow wondered if that was the greatest single advert for waxing or shaving she’d ever thought of, no matter how unrealistic the scenario. Eeesh. Lucky that the lesbian demographic really didn’t factor into those companies advertising strategies and a campaign like that wouldn’t do them any favours anyway.

Okay, she was prepared to admit she was over-thinking the gross-out humour now.

“Never mind. Pussy jokes really not required,” she said firmly.

“Right on,” Tara agreed.

“You should be ashamed of yourself though,” Willow pointed out.

“I am. But you know, it was y-you who mentioned licking.”

“Yeah, licking. I mean – I may be new to this but it’s fairly fundamental when it comes to pussy.” Tara couldn’t disagree with her so she pushed on. “You were the one who took it to a whole… eww-level.”

“Mea culpa, sweetie.”

“I didn’t know you had it in you,” Willow said, unable just to let it rest because… ew. And now she was wondering. Could it be…? No… surely not. If you licked enough and – “Baby… I think you might have ruined me.”

“Then p-put that pussy down, give her the ball and let me restore you,” Tara breathed.

“Okay.”

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Re: Processing - New Part 10/14/09
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:27 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
That was freaking awesome.

I was laughing so hard throughout all of it.

I'm so loving this series, got all excited when I saw a new one was posted.

Oh and I like that you went post-NMR with it. Less confusion and general angst that way. Plus, I always though Miss Kitty got short changed in the series, so it was nice to read how she could have been chosen etc.

Looking forward to any more you choose to write!

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:25 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... :rofl

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:18 am 
23. Volumey Text

Gotta agree this is a great series.
Lovely update.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:56 am 
23. Volumey Text

Thanks very much SJ and Zampsa.

Laragh - funny, this was a part that didn't strike me as amusing as the earlier ones (at least in terms of dialogue.) But that's the thing, humour works differently.

I wish I'd 'planned' my way past NMR but actually I just went there because of when MKF turns up and that was the idea I'd been given! I agree that NMR isn't a subject for a series like this for the reasons you mention, however I can think of possibilities for the morning after. Maybe.

In fact I can think of whole other things...

Hmm, time to go write :)

Thanks.
Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*