The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 3/16/10)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:15 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
Fuchsin & Zampsa1975: There will be more cuddling, but it will be a pretty slow process.

JustSkipIt: PTSD is definitely the right diagnosis for what both of the girls are working with. Hopefully this update will elucidate why Tara was able to be as intimate as she was even with the day’s experiences.

Chapter 47

Tara entered Willow and Joyce’s hotel room. Joyce had taken them out to dinner after court had ended. They had decided that they were going to watch some TV.

“I am amazed at how well you were able to stand up to your family’s lawyers. I don’t think that I could have done half as well as you did,”

“T..t..t..thank you, I j…j…just t.t..tried to do my best,” replied Tara. stutter much Maclay. I can’t believe these two amazing people not only came to support me but sat through the terrible retelling of the situation that had happened.

Tara felt Willow put her hand on her leg. It caused a shiver of excitement to go through her body. I can’t believe that her touch still has such an effect on me. She looked over at her girlfriend. The look on her face seemed concerned. Tara decided that she would prefer to have a different kind of look coming from her girlfriend. She yawned.

“Oh, I am sorry. I haven’t been sleeping too well since I knew that today was going to be coming up.”

I can imagine. I know I said this already, but you rocked. You did so well. I felt really proud of you.” Willow realized that this could be considered sort of condescending so she began to back pedal. “Not that it’s my place to feel proud of you…”

“It is Ok sweetie. I know what you meant…” Tara yawned again. “I am sorry; I think I need to go to bed. I’ll see you in the morning ok?” Tara recognized immediately the look of disappointment in Willow’s eyes. she still wants to be near me, even after she heard all the things that had happened. “Unless….You…you w...w…want to c…come with me.”
Tara saw Willow look at her aunt, Joyce smiled and nodded. Before she could almost blink, Willow had grabbed her toothbrush and a tee-shirt and followed Tara out of the room.

They entered Tara’s room and it seemed like both girls immediately got struck with a course of shyness. Tara looked at her hotel room. It seemed like it was almost totally bed. She looked at Willow and then back at the bed.

“If you don’t want me to stay, I don’t have to…” said Willow

“No…no…” Tara closed the gap between the two and hugged Willow tightly. “I’ve missed you so much. You don’t know how good it made me feel to know that the two of you were here to support me. I know I acted like I wasn’t thankful, but I was. I didn’t know how hard it was going to be here…looking at Daddy and Donnie, and some of their “friends” who were all glaring at me.”

“I am so glad that we came too. I can’t imagine you having to do it alone. I really never thought not to come. I want to be here for you through everything. I know it is hard for you to believe it, but I love you.”

“It is not that I don’t believe you….” Tara moved a little out of the embrace,” I just don’t understand why you do.”

A flood of feelings overtook Tara after she flinched away when Willow tried to move a stray piece of hair away from her eyes. Without warning, Tara collapsed onto the floor and began to sob. Tara could feel Willow’s apprehension; her worry that she would do or say something that would trigger more negative reactions. Tara relaxed into Willow’s body, her head resting on Willow’s chest. Tara sensed that Willow was smelling her hair. She hoped that her shampoo, not all of the stress hormones were emanating from her scalp. Willow kissed her head and Tara realized that she needed those lips on her own, not on her head. Tara shifted her weight so that she could meet the redhead’s lips with her own. She had forgotten how good it felt to kiss this girl. She tasted sweet and tangy. “ wonder what other parts of her taste like… Tara could not allow herself to go there, as much as her body wanted this girl, her mind knew that it was not ready. But she wanted to touch this girl’s skin. She tugged at the bottom of Willow’s shirt and began caressing her back and sides. Every once in awhile, she would dare to touch Willow’s sides; when this happened, Tara could hear Willow’s breath begin to catch. After this happened a few times, Tara whispered, “Is this ok?”

“Wonderful” murmured Willow. Tara looked at Willow. Her eyes were heavily lidded. Her lips were puffy from their kissing, and her hair was messy from where Tara had been holding her head as they kissed.

She began to kiss the girl’s collarbone and neck. Tara realized why people gave each other hickeys, all she wanted to do was to suck at the slight indentation of the girl’s neck. Willow grabbed hold to Tara’s hair, this movement brought her closer to the girl’s skin and she loved it. She sensed that Willow was worried about hurting her, she lifted her head and said, “Don’t worry about it. If feels good.”

Tara felt Willow pulling at her shirt, and Willow’s fingers tentatively touching her skin. She tugged at Tara so that she’d lie down on her back, Willow lay beside her and was touching her stomach. Oh my goddess, this feels so good. Tara closed her eyes to fully enjoy the sensation. It was like a wonderful wave of feelings. She felt like she was drifting on a clear ocean.

Her attention was roused, when she heard the girl ask, “Is this Ok?”

“More than Ok,. It is wonderful. I…I…I didn’t….” Tara felt like her head was full of cotton. What was she trying to say…

“You didn’t what? Sweetie.” Asked Willow.

“Nothing.”

“I know that it isn’t nothing…. Your rarely ever say anything that you don’t have a reason for. It is not like you are the most loquacious person.

Tara tried to figure out what she wanted to say, but she sensed that Willow’s body was beginning to shake. “What?” she asked.

”I am sorry; I know that this is not a time for laughter, but you were just making a fishy face and it hit my funny bone.”

“Huh?”

“You looked like you were going to say something, but instead your lips just were making a sort of fishy movement.”

“Oh…” Tara still felt confused and kind of out of it. She must have looked upset because Willow said, “I am sorry. I didn’t mean to make you feel upset. You know me. I get these silly thoughts in my head, and I can’t ignore them.”

“No, it is alright. I don’t mean to be such a downer.”

“You are not a downer. You are one of the most upbeat people I know. It was rude of me to make fun of you. I am sorry.”

The two girls sat up and the air which had initially been very light seemed heavier. The two girls sat looking at each other. Tara yawned.

“It has been a long day hasn’t it? You must be really tired.”

“Yeah sort of. I hate to waste this time that we are together sleeping, but I am exhausted.”

“It isn’t a waste. Any moment that I am with you is a wonderful moment. I have been looking forward to just going to sleep with you. “She blushed, “Not that I don’t want to spend awake time with you…”

“I really am just up to cuddling tonight…”

“Me too.”

Tara went into the bathroom and did her evening ablutions. When she walked back into the bedroom Willow was lying on the bed and seemed to be almost dozing. She jumped up when she saw Tara and went into the bathroom with her nightshirt and toothbrush. Tara lay down in the bed. She felt like her heart was going to pound out of her chest. so where should I lay down on the bed, if I go in the middle, she may feel like I am going to crowd her, but if I go on the edge, she might think I don’t want anything to do with her. I have been dreaming and fantasizing about this opportunity and now that it is here it is exciting, but really scary too. What is she going to expect from me? Tara tried to quiet her head and lay quietly, trying to quiet her head and heart. She felt Willow tentatively enter the bed. she seems so far away, she must think I don’t want to cuddle. “Um would it be ok if we spooned.”

The two met in the center. Tara lay on her side and Willow cuddled in close. It seemed like the two of them were made to fit together. Willow’s back fit perfectly against her. Tara could feel Willow’s heart racing and sensed that she was trying to slow down her breathing. She began rubbing Willow’s head, and this quieted it a bit. She could sense the smaller girl’s breathing becoming more regular, and soon they both fell asleep.
____

Tara woke up with a start. Where am I? . She opened her eyes and looked around the room. It didn’t look familiar. It took her a few moments to realize that she was in a hotel room, and then a feeling of warmth overtook her when she realized that the person in her bed was Willow. She had dreamed of this moment so many times. It was what had gotten her through the month at the homeless shelter. She’d lay on her bunk, thinking about Willow. She wasn’t sure if she’d really ever see the girl again, but the fantasy of it had allowed her to sleep and feel secure in the room filled with so many other people.

She looked over at the girl. Her red hair was fanned out above her head, and she was lying on her back with one arm above her head and the other on her stomach. Tara wished that she was that hand, resting on Willow’s stomach. As much as it scared her, Tara wanted to BE with this girl. It amazed her, the sensations that she experienced whenever she just looked at Willow. She knew that she should not want anything like this, especially in light of all the stuff that has been coming up during the trial. according to all of the reading she did about being a survivor of sexual abuse, she could want nothing to do with sex (or would want too much to do with it…that did not resonate) she did want this girl. She wanted to be intimate with her. She wanted to make love to her.

Tara must have been looking at Willow too intently, because all of a sudden the green eyes popped open.

“You ok?”

“Yes, just thinking.”

“About what?”

Tara was glad that it was still pretty dark in the room because she imagined that she was probably blushing.

“Just stuff.”

“Like what?”

“Just thinking about how happy I am to have woken up with you beside me. Thinking about you got me through some really hard times in the last year. I know that I did a good job to try to push you away. I am really happy that it didn’t work.”

“I am glad. I was sort of worried that you were going to think I was all ‘psycho woman’ with my not taking the hint. But I just couldn’t give up.”

“I don’t know what I did to deserve someone as sweet as you to care about me. But whatever it was, I am so glad that I did it.” Tara moved closer to Willow and snuggled into her, Willow turned her head and their lips met. Their kisses began slowly and tentatively, but without both of their heads being totally awake, their bodies seemed to be taking over. It wasn’t until she felt Willow’s hands trying to pull her nightshirt over her head that Tara was brought back to reality. Her body wanted this so much, but her mind knew that neither of them was ready for what their bodies instinctively wanted. If they allowed their instincts to take over, in the morning they would both most likely regret it. Tara didn’t want their first time to be something that had even an iota of regret. She wanted it to be a decision that they made together and both were emotionally, physically, and spiritually ready for.

“Slow down sweetie. “

Willow pulled away. Tara could see that this admonition had triggered Willow’s head into gear and the look on her face was as though she had been slapped.

“I am sorry.” Willow started to turn over.

Tara pulled Willow back toward her.

“Nothing to be sorry about… I just don’t want us to do anything that we will regret in the morning.”

“I don’t think I’d regret it…”

“Maybe not…but I don’t want to chance it. I also don’t want my memories of the first time we made love to be linked to this stupid court case. I want everything to be perfect for the first time. Do you understand?”

“I guess. My head understands, but my body….not so much.” Willow laughed.

Tara began laughing as well. The two settled down, spooning again and eventually fell asleep.

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 4/11/10)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:39 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I hope Willow and Tara very soon have lots and lots of alone time together...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:09 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hey there -
Very good update. I'm still concerned about the verdict but I guess it's coming soon.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:12 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
Hi there,

I really love this story so I hope that you update soon!

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:41 am 
8. Vixen

JustSkipIt: here is the verdict, I know I could have given it much more detail, but I just want to get on with the story.

Zampsa: Cuddling will ensue...maybe my relaxing getaway with the GF will inspire me :blush

Bellalocke: Glad you enjoy. I am going to try to update more often.

Chapter 48

Willow and Tara were awakened by the sound of the phone ringing. They both jumped up and Tara grabbed the phone.

“Hello. Hi…what time is it….Really?....Thanks….We’ll see you soon. Thanks.”

Willow looked over at her girlfriend.

“That was your aunt. She wanted us to know that the breakfast buffet was going to close in a half hour.”

Willow looked at the clock. She couldn’t believe that they had both slept so late. She then looked over at her girlfriend who still looked sleepy. Her hair was disheveled and there were wrinkles from the sheets still on her face. She walked over and hugged the girl. They started kissing, but quickly Tara pulled away and said that she was hungry. They quickly put on clothes and went down to the buffet. As they were eating, Joyce came in and said that the lawyers called to say that the verdict was going to be read right before lunch. The two girls ran up to their bedrooms and changed into their court clothes.

Willow wished that she could hold her girlfriend’s hand. She looked so small sitting with her lawyer. Her brother and father, on the other hand, looked very large. Mr. Maclay kept pulling at his shirt’s collar. And Donny was fiddling with his tie.

The judge came into the room and everyone stood up.

Willow was surprised that it went just like on the television shows. The judge asked if the jury had reached a verdict and the foreman began to read.

“On the 2 charges of assault and battery, we find the defendant, Donald Maclay Sr. guilty. On the 2 charges of assault on a woman, we find the defendant, Donald Maclay Sr. guilty. On the charges of 2nd degree rape we find the defendant guilty, on the charges of assault on a government official, we find the defendant guilty.

The judge looked at the jury and asked if they all agreed with the findings and each in turn affirmed.

The judge then said that Mr. Maclay would be remanded to the custody of the California penal system until the time of the sentencing in 2 months time. Mr. Maclay’s lawyer jumped up and requested that his client remain on his own recognizance, but the judge said that the crimes warranted immediate incarceration and ordered the guards to take Mr. Maclay immediately to the Sacramento penal institution.

If looks could kill, Mr. Maclay’s fiery gaze at Tara would have caused her to disappear in a puff of smoke. Willow thanked the goddesses that she’d never had to experience that type of loathing. She was proud of her strong girlfriend who seemed to maintain her composure.

The charges for Donny were then read and were quite similar to those of her father. The only difference was that Donnie was sent to a youth prison rather than the Sacramento facility. Donnie’s gaze remained focused on the ground as the guards cuffed him and took him out of the court room.

Once the two were gone, the judge reported that the sentencing hearing would be scheduled in two months. He stood up and left the court room.

Before Willow could get to Tara, she saw a group of people surround her. She tried to elbow her way into it and could hear the shaming tones of the people. “How dare you do that to your father he was a good man.” ‘Whatever he did, you must have been a willing participant.”; “He always said you had the devil inside of you. He was a godly man and you’ve betrayed him”; “You will get yours, you will be condemned to hell for your behavior.” ; “your mother must be rolling over in her grave…she must be so ashamed of you.”

Willow looked for Tara’s lawyer, but he seemed to be focused on talking to another counsel, leaving Tara alone to hear what these people were saying. Willow looked around for her aunt; fortunately she was coming toward where she was standing. Willow never knew how her aunt knew what to do, but she immediately plowed through the crowd, grabbed Tara’s arm and ushered her quickly out of the group and out of the room. Willow wondered if their feet had even touched the floor.

The lawyer seeing this followed the two women with Willow close behind. When they all were outside, Joyce lit into the man.

“How dare you leave her to have to listen to those people? Your job was to protect her, not leave her among a mob.”

The lawyer looked at the irate Joyce with confusion in his eyes. “W...ww...what? They weren’t congratulating her? They were the church people weren’t they?”

“Did you not understand that this group of godly people, and I say that with derision and a lack of belief that they can even say that without lightning bolts coming down from the sky, believe that what those two men did was ok? You threw her to the wolves.”

Willow looked at her aunt; she’d never seen her look so upset in all her life. She didn’t know that Joyce even had that amount of vehemence inside of her. She could see her aunt taking a breath to continue her tirade, but the lawyer interrupted and said,

“I am sorry. Tara I am sorry. I thought that they were supporting you, not badgering you. I promise that I won’t let it happen again.”
“You sure of hell won’t let that happen again,” said Joyce between her teeth, “I will be sitting with you all at the sentencing hearing. I knew I should have insisted before…”she looked at Tara, “that is if it is alright with you honey.”

“Y..y…yes ma’am.”

Just then another lawyer came up to Tara’s lawyer and pulled him away. Joyce took this opportunity to usher the three of them out of the courthouse and down to the sidewalk where then entered the car.

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 5/9/10)
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:06 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Good that court case is now over... I truly want to hit Tara's lawyer in the head for not looking after Tara and leaving her alone to face those "godly" people... I truly hope that Tara very soon moves in with Willow & Joyce...

I think that when Donny was at court at the same time as his father he was there as an adult and would go to adult prison... If he was treated as an minor he would have been on trial on juvenile court at the different time as his father...

Last edited by Zampsa1975 on Mon May 10, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:27 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Yay for the Jury for finding both men guilty. I'm surprised her brother will be sentenced as a juvenile. I thought he was older and around here they frequently try even 16.5 Year olds as adults. I'm surprised that the idiot lawyer wasn't aware of the attitude of the church community. Didn't some of them testify generally that they are such good guys, etc? Also, how stupid that they were telling Tara she must have been a willing participant. Maybe it's just in Texas (I don't think so) but here, it's literally not legally possible for a minor to consent. And I don't think one could legally consent to sex with a relative either but that's sort of beside the point.

I'm glad that Joyce is coming through for both girls at this point. They need some parental support and she seem to be becoming that for them.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:22 am 
8. Vixen

JustSkipIt: To me a Youth Prison is a prison for young adult offenders (usually 16-25). I wanted her brother and father to be put into different prisons.

Zampsa1975: I am not sure that she'll ever be living with them. I was angry at the lawyers too.

Chapter 49

Tara couldn’t believe that it was all actually over. Both her brother and father would be safely put away for at least a few years. Her lawyer had said that the minimum charges for all that they were accused of even if run concurrently were at least five years; if it was consecutive it would be at least ten, and if the maximum charges were given, they both could be incarcerated for at least 20 years.

She looked over at the two women sitting in the front of the car. Joyce had seemed like an avenging angel, swooping in, yelling at the lawyer, and then ushering both she and Willow into the car. It seemed that these two people really cared about her and were willing to be there for her. This was an unfamiliar feeling. It was only vaguely reminiscent of the times that her mother tried to protect her.

Tara was stuck within her head when she heard her name being called.

“Tara, do you have a suggestion of somewhere to eat? It seems that we are approaching a group of restaurants. Tara picked a local Tex-Mex chain and the three women went to eat. Due to the timing of the verdict, they had kept their rooms, so they decided over lunch that they would all stay overnight and leave after Tara got on her bus to go home.

They spent the rest of the day window shopping and going to a movie and dinner. When they got back to the hotel, Willow asked her aunt if she could stay with Tara again, and with permission, grabbed her suitcase and brought it up to the other girl’s room.

Tara was struck by a familiar feeling of excitement mixed with anxiety. She looked at the petite redhead sitting on the edge of her bed and was amazed that this girl was willing to stick by her; she loved her. She sat down next to the girl and asked, “So what do you want to do?”

“I wouldn’t ask that if I were you,” replied Willow with an evil glint in her eye.

“Let me rephrase that...um….not sure what to say…um…”

Tara didn’t have to figure out what to say, because she found her mouth engaged in an activity that was much more pleasurable than explaining. Willow had covered her stammering mouth with her own, and her tongue was demanding access into her mouth. She could feel her slick oral muscle gently probing every inch of her own. Willow moved over so that she was straddling Tara, their chests pressed against each other while their mouths explored. Tara could feel Willow’s hands pulling at her shirt so that it was released from the waistband of her skirt. Tara was trying to do the same and it seemed that both pulled at the same time because the momentum caused them to fall over onto the bed. Tara could feel Willow’s body on top of her, and the familiar feelings came back over her. Tara didn’t even have time to panic, because it seemed that as soon as Willow realized their arrangement, she quickly moved herself off and arranged her body against Tara’s side. Tara looked over at the green eyed girl. She was gazing at her with a clear look of love. Tara knew that she was in love with this girl and that this girl was in love with her.

“Willow?”

“Yes Tara?”

“I need to tell you something.”

“Ok,” said Willow as she readjusted herself to see what her girlfriend wanted to tell her.

“Um….” ok idiot, it is not that hard, you just say, ‘I love you’. It isn’t that hard. It is actually pretty easy. Why do I feel like it is so hard? Maybe the time is not right….but I got to say something….what could I say?” “Did I tell you thanks for coming and supporting me.”

“Um a couple times.” Willow looked at her with a perplexed expression. “It was my pleasure, neither Aunt Joyce nor I ever gave it a second thought when we found out that your court day. “

“Well..t…thanks.” ok, that was lame Maclay Tara’s attention was refocused on the beautiful girl that was laying beside her. Tara began unbuttoning Willow’s shirt from the bottom, looking at the girl’s face with each button, making sure that what she was doing was ok. She did not meet any resistance, just two clear green eyes looking at her. Once the shirt was open, Tara gazed at Willow’s milky white skin accented by a very attractive blue lace bra. Tara shuttered to think what Willow would think of her clearly utilitarian white bra if or when Willow saw it.

She did not need to think about this much because Willow was insistently tugging at her shirt. Tara allowed Willow to pull it over her head. She lay on her side beside the other girl. They began to kiss again, and their hands were caressing each other’s back. Soon Tara felt Willow fiddling with the clasp of her bra and was surprised when Willow was able to easily undo it and was even more surprised when Willow quickly pulled the garment off her arms and threw it onto the floor. She was also surprised that after Willow did this, she seemed to be just staring at her chest. Tara felt self-conscious and tried to bring her arms over her chest, but Willow quickly regained the power of speech.

“No sweetie, I just want to look at them… I mean you…I…I…I have imagined what they look like, but they are even more wonderful than I ever imagined. Is it ok if I touch them?”

Tara nodded her agreement, and Willow began gently touching her chest and belly. It seemed that the girl was somewhat tentative about touching her breasts. It started to tickle and she felt herself pull away. Knowing that this would most likely be misconstrued, she quickly said, “I am sort of ticklish, it is not that I don’t like what you are doing, it feels good.”

“Sorry…”

“Nothing to be sorry about…It feels really good. I just felt a little tickled.” Tara took this opportunity to begin touching her and undoing the beautiful but superfluous lingerie and adding it to the pile of discarded clothing. Tara had imagined what Willow’s breasts would look like, but the reality far exceeded the fantasy. Tara looked at the creamy white orbs, tipped by rose colored nipples which were tightly puckered. Tara moved her lips close to Willow’s ears and whispered? “Are you cold?”

This question was answered by a clear groan of “no” and her lips being covered again with her girlfriend’s mouth. As their tongues began their familiar tango, Tara could feel that puckered skin against her own chest. She moved her one of her hands down and took the gem into her fingers, pinching slightly and then kneading the skin surrounding it. Willow’s breast fit perfectly within her palm, it was almost like her hand was made for her breast. She felt Willow groan beside her and asked, “IS this ok?”

“Heavenly” was the response and Tara continued touching her girlfriend’s breasts. Tara felt like she could touch this woman forever, but the stress of the day began to take its toll, and she found herself yawning.

“Are you tired sweetie?”

“Sort of, but I don’t want to waste this last night sleeping, who knows when we will see each other again.”

“We’ll do it. We both have to get back to school and work, but the summer will be coming quickly and hopefully we can get together a bunch then. Soon I’ll be off to college and we can visit whenever we want to. Aunt Joyce is a wonderful woman, but it is going to be great to be able to do things without having to get permission, if you know what I mean?”

Tara looked at her girlfriend’s face and the mischievous grin on her face. It reminded her that Willow was only sixteen year old.

“That will be nice. But we need to remember that you are going to college to study not to spend more time with me.”

“I am sure that I can do both.”

“Me too” Tara yawned again. “I am sorry sweetie? I can’t seem to keep my eyes open. Can we just go to sleep and maybe we can wake up early and commence this” She gestured down to their chests.

“Sure…let me go brush my teeth, etc. and I’ll be right back.”

Willow got up and did her nightly abolitions, Tara did the same. They fell asleep cuddling in their sleeping shorts, Willow’s smooth back against Tara’s softness. Their plans for early morning make out was foiled by them both sleeping until Joyce called them to tell them that it was time to get going. It was so hard for the two to get out of bed, and then get ready to go. Their activities were interrupted by several quick kissing sessions and they didn’t get out of the room until Joyce came and insistently knocked.

Once again, getting on the bus and saying goodbye to both Joyce and Willow felt as though she was tearing her skin away from her flesh. As she sat down in her seat, the feeling of sadness overtook her and she silently wept until she fell asleep again. Fortunately her dreams were full of soft skin and red hair. Tara knew that they could survive this. It would just be sort of hard.

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 5/19/10)
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:20 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Okay!! How come nobody left my mom some feedback here?? *pouts*

You know my issues mom and why I didnt read the whole story, but you also know that I love your writing and you rock....

Atleast you'll have a new reply, lol...

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:36 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 8
Quote:
felt as though she was tearing her skin away from her flesh. As she sat down in her seat, the feeling of sadness overtook her and she silently wept until she fell asleep again.

Aww poor Tara. That made me so sad. Hopefully there will be more Willow/Tara snuggles in the future ... and then some. :-D Please update soon. I absolutely love this story!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:53 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Good that the trial is over... I hope Tara very soon is permanently reunited with Willow...

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:22 am 
8. Vixen

Part 50.

Willow came home after school and absentmindedly began going through the pile of mail that had accumulated while they were gone. There were lots of catalogs and magazines and Willow was making piles of the junk mail and the “important mail”. It seemed that there was much more junk than real. She picked up the pile of junk mail and was bringing it to the recycling bin when she tripped over something and all of the paper scattered, as Willow was picking them papers up, she found an envelope that must have been stuck in one of the catalogues. The return address was Stanford.

Willow sat down on the ground. Her hands were shaking. What did they always say; a thin envelope was bad luck. it is ok Rosenberg, you applied to other schools. One of them is sure to have accepted you. Let’s see what their reasons are Willow ripped open the envelope.

Dear Miss Rosenberg,

The students and faculty of Stanford University are proud to invite you to join the fraternity of scholars. You have been accepted to the Stanford Scholars program. The Stanford Scholars Program (SSP) is an elite group of students who are considered gifted in the areas of science and/or mathematics. As you remember, the SSP includes a full scholarship for tuition, room and board, and books. Therefore, it is essential that you communicate your interest (or choice of another university) to attend the program by May 1st.

The Scholar’s Program begins during the summer session of the university year in order for the faculty to develop a familiarity with each of the students. Students will be allowed to move into their dorms on July 8th.

A complete catalogue and description of the program should be in the mail within the next week.

Sincerely,
Wesley Woodworth
Wesley Woodworth, Dean of Students.

Willow had to read the letter several times, just to make sure that what she was reading was real. She had been accepted to Stanford. Her plans for the future were beginning, in a few years; she and Tara would be together forever.

Willow looked through the other catalogues just in case other important correspondence had been stuck, but nothing else was inside the recycling. Willow’s hands were shaking and she feared that she would drop all of the papers, but she got them safely to the bin. She then dialed her aunt’s work phone number, but she was in a meeting. Willow was bursting with the news; she had to tell someone. She wanted to call Tara, but she knew that Tara was rarely at home, so she decided to do the next best thing, email her girlfriend.

Dear Tara,

You won’t believe it but I got accepted to Stanford. I’ll be starting in the summer. I got accepted to this program called the Stanford Scholar’s Program. It is a program for geeks like me who are really into science and math. I just applied to it on a whim! It comes with a scholarship, so I won’t have to deal with either Sheila or Ira and their purse strings. I think that it even comes with a work-study job as an assistant to one of the professors. I am FREE. I am going to miss Aunt Joyce, but it is not that far from her, I am sure that we can still see her. We, there is going to be a WE. I will have my own room (well, with a roommate, but no adults watching my every step. We can be ALONE!!!!! I am so excited. I can’t wait for you to come visit! Do you still think you can come to my graduation? It is May 15th. Call me please! I love you.

Willow

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:38 am 
3. Flaming O

I really enjoy reading this story. Can you make the next chapter longer though, please. :pray Can't wait for the next update.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:30 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... I hoped Willow could spend the summer with Tara...

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:41 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Well here I'm pretty sure 18 years olds go to adult prison and possibly sometimes even 17 or 16 year olds. Of course, Texas is like midevil (sp). We lead the country in executions for God's Sake. Blech.

Poor Tara missing Willow and Joyce so much but it's wonderful that she's comforted by knowing how much they care for her. Willow's program and scholarship sounds great. I hope she'll do fine on her own. College can be a hard time even for 18-19 year old freshmen let alone 15-16 year olds. Wow. I can't even imagine. I hope that Tara is excited for Willow and still in a good place and able to come be near her.

Thanks for the update.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:41 pm 

Topics: 8
Just wondering if there is going to be an update any time soon. This is a truly amazing story and I would love to read more.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:35 pm 
3. Flaming O

Agreed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:32 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 5
Update soon please? I am purely amazed by this story and want to know what else happens...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:37 am 
8. Vixen

Sorry the update took so long to do. My muse had left me, Hopefully more will be coming soon. I am hoping to be on a roll.

Title: Meeting Expectations
Author: TaranWillow4Ever
Rating: PG-R
Disclaimer: Josh owns all of the characters, I just imagine other lives for them.
Spoilers: None
Thoughts in italics.

Note: This story contains elements of abuse - physical and emotional, that are either eluded to if not outright described. If anything of this sort bothers you, then please do not read this story

Part 51

Tara was unprepared for what she walked into when she entered Willow and Joyce’s house. She had figured that there might be a few people at the house, but was not expecting Joyce’s house to be full of people. Willow had told her on numerous occasions that she didn’t have much family and that those that she had she had not seen in ions. Tara had been able to catch an earlier bus, so Willow was not expecting her until much later. Tara looked down at her peasant blouse and skirt and thanked the Goddess that she had not gone with the faded sweats and tee-shirt that she had initially planned to wear. Even in her current outfit, she was tremendously underdressed. The women were all in cocktail attire and the men in suits. Tara had only been to a few graduation parties, but this one seemed much more formal than any that she’d gone to for her brother’s friends.

Tara stowed her bag in the nearest closet; not wanting to be seen walking through with her ratty duffle bag. She then headed for the kitchen where she hoped she’d find Joyce and be more in her element. This guess was correct, and Tara began wordlessly helping Joyce prep the food that she was putting on trays. When Joyce looked up and saw her, she left her cutting board, gave the blond haired girl a hug and thanked her for helping.

“Ira and Sheila didn’t warn me that they had invited every single academic that they had ever met in California, as well as, most of Willow’s classmate’s families…” said Joyce.

Tara smiled understanding that despite Sheila being Joyce’s best friend, she didn’t particularly approve of many of the decisions she made or the fact that she rarely thought about the ramifications of her decisions. In a few conversations that the women had been able to have away from the redhead that they both adored, Joyce had shared that she never could understand how either of the Rosenbergs could just leave her places and expect others to take care of her. Joyce often said, “I’d think if I went to all the work of adopting a kid, I’d want to keep them around.”

Willow, Joyce and Tara had all come to the decision that Sheila and Ira liked the idea of having a child much more than the reality. Tara knew that this realization hurt Willow tremendously and that she had spent a lot of time trying to figure out a way to be the child they had imagined rather than the one that they had. Everyone knew that this stress is what led to Willow’s self-destructive behaviors.

Tara continued helping Joyce in the kitchen due to being overwhelmed by the sheer volume of strangers. Despite all of the therapy she’d had in the last few years, large groups continued to make her very anxious. A couple of times when she went to the kitchen door, she saw Willow’s red hair darting from group to group of adults and children. The girl was clearly in her element. Tara could not garner the nerve to enter the crowd, and wasn’t sure what Willow’s greeting would be. Knowing the impulsive nature of her girlfriend, she worried that she’d be caught in a lip lock that would embarrass her so much that she’d faint. This would garner far too much attention.

Tara did not have to think very long, because suddenly she found herself surrounded by the thin arms of her girlfriend.

“You came early. I am so glad. I didn’t think you’d get here in time to meet everyone. Not that I really want you to have to meet all of these people all at the same time…I don’t know what my parents were thinking. I hardly know a lot of these people, my parent’s friends, but a lot of the rest are the parents of my classmates and they are nice. You’ve got to come meet some of them.”

Tara found herself dragged into the middle of the teaming mass and introduced to a group of teenagers.

“Hey, for a long time we thought you were an imaginary friend. Finally we get to meet the infamous Tara,” said a lanky boy.

“Now I see why she hasn’t wanted to give anyone else the time of day…” chirped up another boy.

“You know that you were NEVER her type” said a dark haired girl who seemed to be the only girl not wearing a dress. Tara wasn’t sure if she was imagining it, but it seemed like this girl was glaring at her.

“This is Xander,” Willow gestured to the first boy, and “Oscar, but we call him Oz” she poked the other boy, “…and this is Em…” she pointed at the dark haired girl.

“Hi. G…g..glad t..t..t..to meet you all. W..w..willow said that she had made a lot of really good friends at school.”

Just then, Willow’s mom came up to the group. “You didn’t introduce me to this girl yet have you Willow.” She said gesturing at Tara. Tara saw a glance go between the other teenagers, wondering what Willow was going to say.

“Mom, this is my friend Tara.”

“Hello Terry. Where are you off to this fall?”

Tara met the woman’s outstretched hand and attempted to give it a shake. I hope that my palm isn’t slippery with sweat. What do I say? I think she is asking me where I am going to college. What should I say? I am sure community college is not what she is expecting.

“Mom, her name is Tara, and she is not one of my classmates. She’s already graduated.”

“Oh, so Terry, where do you attend university?”

“Mom, everyone does not attend college after graduation.” said Willow louder than Tara would have liked her to announce this fact.

“Really?” said Sheila equally loud.

Tara felt herself blush. She knew that her first encounter with Sheila had the potential to be bad; she’d just never imagined that it would occur in the middle of a room full of strangers with many of them looking at them to see who would actually consider not going to college. Tara wished that the floor would just open up and swallow her whole. The look of contempt that she saw emanating from Sheila and several of the other adults in the room made her feel like an amoeba.

“Mom, you are such a snob. This is my friend Tara, NOT Terry.” Tara could see that Willow was winding herself for a fight and she was thankful when Joyce came out of nowhere and ushered Sheila to the kitchen under the guise of needing some advice about where to put the vegetable plate.

“Well, that went well,” said Em, “Guessing that you haven’t told your parents about the girlfriend, eh? Concerned that they’d be upset that you were slumming.”

The fire that was previously focused on Sheila was quickly moved to Em. Both Tara and Xander were aware that there was the potential for Willow to go off, so Tara took one of Willow’s arms, while Xander took the other. Meanwhile Oz, quickly ushered Em away from the scene in one direction and Tara, Willow and Xander went in the other direction. The three went outside onto the deck, and were relieved to find it empty.

“Why would she say that?” fumed Willow.

“Which she?” asked Xander.

“Em. I know my mother; that was typical for her. She’s just a snob. But Em…I thought that she was my friend.”

“I think she is jealous.” said Tara.

“Huh? Why would she be jealous?”

“Um…cause she has a crush on you?” said Xander.

“Em…has a crush on me?”

“Yup. I guess you never noticed because in your mind, there is only one girl, and that is the one standing right next to you.” replied Xander.

“Really? She’s had a crush on me?”

“Uh, huh.”

“I could even kinda tell, and I just met her.” chirped in Tara.

“Well, that isn’t really a good excuse. “

“We all do things that we are not proud of when our feelings get in the way.”

“Well, she better stay away from me for awhile, if she knows what is good for her.”

“I’ll give her the message.” said Xander “I’ll leave you two here to talk. See ya later Will, and nice to meet you Tara.”

Xander walked back into the house leaving the two girls sitting on the steps of the porch.

“So you caught an earlier bus? How did you do that?”

“I called up some favors, a girl that I tend to cover for a lot took the end of my shift.”

“Cool, sorry I didn’t warn you about this party. Aunt Joyce and my parents sort of planned it without my knowledge. I thought that we were going to have a small get together tomorrow, but my parents have to leave right after the ceremony, so they arranged this. I don’t even know half of these people.”

“So your parents aren’t even staying the whole weekend?”

“Nope, I guess something or someone is more important than their only child’s graduation weekend. “ Willow looked down at the floor. Tara put her arm on her girlfriends.

“I am sorry.”

“I’m not. Now I don’t have to deal with them so much.”

Tara patted her girlfriend’s arm again. They sat there for awhile until Joyce came and told them that Willow’s absence was starting to show. The girls got up and Willow returned to her flittering around the party and Tara went back to the kitchen and helped Joyce.

After the party, Tara was finishing up the dishes when Sheila came into the kitchen.

“Oh, Terry, right? Are you someone who Joyce hired to help? That makes sense now. I thought that Willow said you were a friend.”

“She is a friend, Mom” said Willow as she entered the room. “She is NOT hired help, she is just helpful. She IS my friend; in fact, she is my girlfriend.”

The silence that greeted this announcement was deafening. Joyce, Tara and Willow all looked at each other and wondered what was going to happen. The silence was broken by Sheila loudly yelling, “Ira it is time to go. See you tomorrow Joyce and Willow.” She got up and left the room, and then the house.

Nobody said anything until the door was firmly shut. Each woman let out their breath that she had been holding.

“Well, that went better than I expected, “said Joyce.

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 7/11/10)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:13 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Good that Willow finally told Sheila that Tara is her girlfriend... I truly hope that Em doesn't cause problems for Willow & Tara...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:39 am 
3. Flaming O

Excellent update and I have to say great fiction. Keep up the great work.

Cody

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:21 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Wow. Sheila and Ira really are pieces of work. I'm glad that Willow told Tara off. I feel like maybe we've missed some inter-stuff like what's going on with Tara or something. I even thought maybe we'd skipped years and it was a college graduation. I'm glad we didn't miss that much. Joyce and Tara seem so close - it's lovely.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:11 pm 
5. Willowhand

So is Em an invention or is she based on another character?

anyway yay for muchly update! I hope theres another one soon :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:26 am 
8. Vixen

Leftindust: Em was just a spontaneous character. She may make another appearance, I am not sure yet.

JustSkipIt: Nope didn't miss much. Sheila and Ira are more than characters as you will see in this part.

Codyteddyh: Thanks, glad you like it.

Zampsa1975: Not totally sure what role Em will play... Thanks for the support.

Part 52

“Well, that went better than I expected” said Joyce.

Willow shook her head and began to process what had just happened. This was not how she had planned to come out to her parents again, but when she walked in and heard her mother talking to Tara as though she was hired help, something had snapped inside of her and she could not keep it in.

“Really?” said Willow and Tara together.

“Yes. I expected her to go ballistic and start attacking me for allowing this to happen. I worried that she’d insist that you leave immediately. I was concerned that she’d start raging and blow a gasket. Actually just stomping off seems to be the best thing she could have done. Maybe your dad will help her gain some perspective on it overnight.”

“I hope so. Despite all that they have done, I DO want them to be at my graduation.”

“I am pretty sure that they will not miss it. Especially after inviting all of their friends to today’s party. They will feel they have to have a valid answer to questions about how was the “real” graduation. But…” the woman paused, “This sort of gives me an opportunity to bring up something I’ve been thinking about for awhile.”

“What?” asked Willow.

“Well, you are only 16, your parents still have a lot of rights over you. They only gave me limited guardianship, and they can take it away as quickly as they gave it. I am thinking that you may need to fill out paperwork for emancipation. “

“That makes me kind of have the rights of an adult, right?”

“Yes.”

“What do I have to do to get that?”

“Well, there is paperwork.” Joyce got up and grabbed a manila envelope from the counter top.” And you have to write a letter explaining: How you’ve been living, why you want to be emancipated and how you will support yourself. It will be easier if your parents sign a paper saying they are going to allow it, but you can also do it without it by having a hearing. If it goes to that, I will stand up for you and support your petition.”

“You would do that for me?”

“Sure. I don’t want to see your parents get in the way of your future. I don’t foresee Sheila and my relationship getting any better, so I’m going to put all my eggs in your basket. I just want you to know, though, this does not mean that this is no longer your home. You are welcome here whenever you want to be here, and I will support you as much as I can. This is your home for as long as you want it to be.”

“You are the greatest Aunt Joyce.” Said Willow as she got up and hugged the woman. Willow then turned to Tara. “Do you think I should do it?”

“It is your choice. But if it was me, I’d do it. I actually thought about doing it myself when I was in foster care, but then I got placed in an OK place, so I decided to let the programs work for me. I don’t really see a down side in your case.

“I think I’ll get started on that letter right now.”

“Ok sweetie”, said Tara, but I am getting kind of tired. I had to be at work at 5:30 this morning. I think I am going to go to bed. Wake me up when you come to bed, ok?” Tara got up, kissed Willow and gave Joyce a hug and went up to bed.

Meanwhile, Willow got out her laptop, began writing her letter, and then filled out all of the paperwork. It was almost 3am by the time she was finished. She thought about waking Tara up when she went into her room, but the blond haired girl looked so peaceful, that Willow just cuddled up with her, thinking she’s going to be here until Monday, we can catch up on our cuddling after the graduation.

The morning came early. Willow needed to be at the school at 9am to get ready for the graduation that was scheduled for 10:30. Joyce drove her to the school and then went back to the house to get Tara who was in the shower when they left.

Willow didn’t see any of them until she was sitting on the stage with her classmates. She looked out and saw her parents sitting close to the front, one seat unoccupied next to Ira. assholes she thought to herself, and then she looked for the blond haired goddess. She found Tara and Joyce sitting further in the back, and smiled. She knew her aunt wouldn’t leave Tara sitting alone.

The ceremony started and Willow was swept up into the pomp and circumstance of the ceremony. After it was over, Willow tried to make a bee line to Tara, but was cut off by her mother and father who initially seemed normal and happy. But they pulled her aside and told her that right after the ceremony they were going to bring her to Joyce’s house and she was to pack a bag of the things she needed from this day until she was scheduled to go to Stanford. She was going with them on their trip. They claimed that this had been their intention all along; that the trip to Europe was going to be her graduation present, but Willow knew that it was a last minute decision; a decision to keep her away from Tara. A decision to exert the last bit of control they could over her.

“Does Aunt Joyce know?” asked Willow.

“No, but I am sure that she won’t mind. This living with her was only supposed to be until you finished school. You’ve finished school. Her job is over.”

“I don’t think she saw it as a job.” Willow mumbled.

“Well, she never turned down the checks that we sent her for your upkeep” said Sheila.

“Upkeep…you make me sound like a house, not a kid.”

“You have always been so dramatic” said Sheila. “Now go say goodbye to your classmates, we have to be on the road by 2. Our flight leaves at 6pm.”

“2 pm!” exclaimed Willow, “that is only 2 hours from now… how am I going to pack that fast?”

“Well, just pack what you can. It is not like they don’t have stores in London, Paris, Lisbon and Rome.”

Willow quickly said goodbye to her friends and the three of them left for Joyce’s house. Sheila had found Joyce and told her that they would be bringing Willow home.

Willow ran to her room as soon as her parents parked the car and began anxiously looking around to figure what she could quickly pack. She grabbed a knapsack and tossed in her computer. That was something that she could not do with out. She added the picture of Tara and the book that she was currently reading. She went into the bathroom and grabbed her toothbrush, shampoo and what meds she had. She looked into the bottle, both wondering if there was enough to OD on and wondering how her parents expected her to keep on them.
they don’t quite get how important these are to my mood do they? Well, I guess that the will find out. I guess we will all find out if the bipolar diagnosis is an appropriate one. She tossed the bottles in her bag.

While she was doing this, she heard Joyce and Tara come in the door. She could hear Joyce’s loud, “You are doing WHAT?” and knew that her parents were telling her of their plans. Tara ran up the stairway and burst upon Willow. “They are taking you away!”

“Yup. I guess we were too late with the emancipation stuff. Listen I filled it out, it is on the kitchen counter, can you make sure it gets mailed?”

“Sure.”

Willow looked into Tara’s eyes. It was clear that she was trying to hold in the tears; the feelings of desperation.

“They are still letting me go to college, this is just for 2 ½ months. We’ve been separated for longer than that several times. And once I am at college, we will have lots of freedom. It will be ok. Tara. Don’t cry.” said Willow beginning to cry herself. “I am so sorry that I didn’t wake you up this morning. If I’d know that it was going to be the last time I’d sleep you for awhile, I would have, you know that honey, right?”

“Of course. I…it is ok. I was exhausted anyway. Maybe I wouldn’t have woken up…” replied Tara.

It is only 2 ½ months. We can do this. Willow put her forehead against Tara’s. They were about to kiss, when Sheila burst into the room.

“What are you doing Willow, you’ve got to get packed. Terry, give her some room so she can pack. “ Sheila barked.

“Her name is TARA!” Willow screamed.

“Terry…Tara…what does it matter…”

Willow face blanched and then became red. Her fists balled up and Tara was worried what she was going to do. She took her hand. “It is not worth the fight sweetie…”

“Take your hand off my daughter” ordered Sheila.

“Yes ma’am” said Tara, much more politely than anyone would have expected. Joyce, hearing the yelling, had come upstairs and she put her arm around Willow and Tara for support.

Sheila began riffling through Willow’s clothes drawers, pulling out underwear and shirts. “Pick out a few pairs of pants. I am sure that you don’t really have anything appropriate to wear to the places we are going. We will just shop when we get there.”

Willow, sensing that her mother would just randomly pick clothes, took the bag and began putting in her favorite jeans, shirts, a few hoodies and her favorite sandals and boots. She changed out of her graduation dress and put on her favorite black jeans, a black shirt, and black sneakers. She finished the ensemble with a black hoodie.

“We are going to Europe, not a funeral Willow.” exclaimed Sheila.

“Same thing to me.” said Willow rather surly.

“Hopefully some culture will change your outlook. I guess we made a mistake leaving you here. You are just as surly as before.”

“Actually, she has never been surly with me,” piped in Joyce, “it must be something that you bring out in her.”

If Willow hadn’t been trying to be as much as a jerk as she could, she would have laughed at the looks occurring between Joyce and Sheila. Willow nodded to herself, I am pretty sure that the friendship is ending, Go Aunt Joyce. .

They all were shocked back to reality when they heard Ira beeping the horn of their rental car. Sheila picked up the bag they had packed, and began to drag Willow out of the room. Willow pulled away, grabbed her knapsack and kissed Tara and Joyce. Sheila grabbed her again, and pulled her down the stairs, out the door and into the waiting car. They were gone before Tara and Joyce could even get to the car. Willow looked out the back window and saw the two women who she loved the most in the world standing in the middle of the road, staring at the departing car.

Willow thought to herself I am going to make this the worst trip that they have ever had. They have no idea what to expect.

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 7/17/10)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:50 pm 
3. Flaming O

Wow Willow's mother is such a mean woman. Can't wait to see how the trip goes. Great update.

Cody

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:51 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Stupid Sheila & Ira... I truly hope that Willow makes them see during the trip that she indeed belongs to be with Joyce & Tara and with her "parents"... I guess that the emancipation letter is going to be a serious wakeup call for Sheila & Ira... I truly hope that Willow, Joyce & Tara come up with a plan that allows Tara to join Willow on the trip...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:03 pm 
5. Willowhand

I'm surprised willow didn't put up more of a fight.

if it was me, I would have refused to leave at all cost. there would of been no way to make me get in that car.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:52 pm 

Wow, what a tragic and beautiful story. Made me very weepy at times--I high compliment--and I can't wait to see what happens. Angsty fics make me so anxious, but I have to find out what happens.

I really wish Willow didn't have to go. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:22 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

If Willow's stupid parents are trying to get her to have a relapse, they're certainly going about it the right way. Ripping her out of a good, safe situation with 2 hours notice, is just stupid. There's bad parenting and then there's criminally harmful and uncaring. What idiots. I love Joyce for looking into the emancipation stuff for Willow and how wonderful that she filled it out already. I hope that Joyce and Tara will have each other now while Willow is gone and they're worrying about her.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:21 am 
8. Vixen

JustSkipIt: Definitely bad parents. Joyce is definitely the better parent. It is sad that I am basing the Rosenbergs after real parents I have come into contact with (although the parents I work for are not as affluent)

Lonely Tara: If you like angst, this will most likely meet your criteria.

leftinthedust: Explanation to follow why she did not fight.

Zampsa1975: No trip joining yet.

Codyteddyh: The trip is to follow. THanks for the feedback. I LOVE seeing replies.

Tara stood looking out as the car drove away. She felt Joyce’s arm go around her shoulder and she figured that they both were experiencing similar feelings.

“W...w...why do you think she w..w..went so easily with them. I would have kicked and screamed.”

“They have her by the short hairs. I heard Sheila telling her that they wouldn’t give permission for her to start college if she did not leave with them and forget all of this nonsense, as she called it.”

“Oh, that makes sense. She really is looking forward to starting Stanford.” Tara paused, Do you think they will be successful in their attempt to brainwash her?”

“Come on,” The older woman chided. “You know WIllow better than that. You are the most important person in her world. Nothing they say will change that.”

“She’s still got over a year and a half that she is dependent on them for permission...”

“Not if I have anything to say about that. I’m putting that application in the mail, and I have a lawyer on retainer if there is a problem. She is either going to be emancipated or I am going to get custody. I wish I had started the process sooner. But better late than never. I’ve been keeping an arsenal of their texts and letters to prove that they just left her with me. They think of it as a monetary arrangement, sort of like paying tuition, but I never kept a penny of what they sent. Every cent was put into an account for Willow. So, she shouldn’t worry about money for a long time.” The older woman smiled.

“So it is just get through the next two months. We were not going to see much of each other anyway....”

“That is the way to look at it.”

The two women walked back into Joyce’s house.
_______

Tara opened her mailbox after a long day of work. She’d done a shift at a local daycare, and then had to work at the grocery store until almost midnight. She was exhausted and ready to fall into bed. A post-card fell out. Tara looked at the picture, it was a picture of Notre Dame. Her heart began to race. Could it be from Willow? It had been almost a month since the graduation, and Tara had all but given up on the hope that they’d have any contact. She had called Joyce a few times, but she had not heard from Willow either.

Tara turned the card over:

-T Sorry that I haven’t written sooner. My parents have been watching me like hawks. Every time I try to buy a post-card, they are asking, “Who is it for?” and insisting that they post every one. Guessing that they are trying to make sure this won’t happen, eh?
Well, they have to sleep some time. I paid the lobby worker twice the price of postage to mail this. I’ll try again soon. I love you. Just 6 more weeks and I am back in CA. -W

Tara looked at the postal date and saw that it had been mailed two weeks earlier. So Willow should be back in a month. She could handle that. No problem.

These cards began coming more frequently, a card of the Hague said,

Too bad I can’t use this court to get emancipated. It was really cool. Some day when I am a famous professor we’ll have to come here and see some of the same stuff that my parents have dragged me to. Only 5 1/2 more weeks. W

A card with a picture of the a boat in Venice

Glad I learned to swim. They don’t tell you that the water is so dirty. But they actually do have the people with the poles that bring you places. This using the front desk workers is working great. Only 4.75 weeks left.

Pompeii

Digging up a lot of dirt on my parents. They are SO getting tired of having me around. So of course I am making a royal pain of myself. “Can’t I go too.” “I don’t want to stay in the hotel room alone...” I have met A LOT of boring academics. Please if all I can do is talk about my research when I am a professor, hit me hard. Only 4 more weeks.

Rome

Who would have thought that a bunch of Jews would want to see the Pope, but my parents insisted that it was a “once in a lifetime” experience. He was just a tiny spec on a balcony, you would have thought the Indigo Girls were here or something, everyone was cheering and clapping. I was not impressed. 3.5 weeks to go.

Morocco

Well, now I can say that I have been on four continents. I don’t think I will bother with Antarctica, but Australia and Asia would certainly be good. That can be our second trip. We had to stick close to our guides. Lots of people were staring at my red hair. It is not that common here. Less than 2 weeks to go. Next stop Portugal, then Spain, France again (not Paris, the Riviera) then to London for a few days. We fly out on June 30th. I will call you as soon as I get to college. I love you. W

Nice
The water of the Mediterranean is beautiful. I thought that it was beautiful in Greece (sorry I’ll bring you a post card, I hadn’t figured out the system yet), but Nice is even more beautiful. We definitely have to come to France. I have liked all of where I’ve been. Paris was a city, Lille was beautiful, and Nice is nice. Ha Ha. 1 week left. These cards should start coming AFTER I am back. I love you. W

Tara put all of the postcards on the wall of her room. She was gazing at them, imagining them ever being able to go to any of these places when the phone rang.

“Hello.”

“Hello, Tara I am BACK and I am Free."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next