The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 11/4/2009)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:25 am 
3. Flaming O

Really hope Tara is Ok and is getting the heck away from her dad soon and reads her emails before Willow does something insane..

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 11/4/2009)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:26 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
Title: Meeting Expectations

Author: TaranWillow4Ever

Rating: PG for now

Disclaimer: Josh owns all of the characters, I just imagine other lives for them.

Spoilers: None; Totally AU

Feedback: Please, I am playing with POV, sorry to those who don't like inconsistency.

Note: This story contains elements of abuse - physical and emotional, that are either eluded to if not outright described. If anything of this sort bothers you, then please do not read this story

Thoughts in italics.

Chapter Two: Apart

Willow felt torn it had been a difficult month. It had been more than a year and a half since she’d last heard from Tara and she worried that she was carrying a torch for someone who she may never see again. When a rather cute girl, Jaye, from one of her advanced Math classes had asked her to go to a movie, she had agreed to go. Initially, going on a date with this girl had made her feel both giddy and guilty. All through the first date the conflicting emotions overwhelmed her. When the girl put her arm around her at the movie, it had felt so good. She had missed being close to another person. Her cottage mother occasionally gave her a quick hug or a pat on the shoulder, but there had been little true touch. The girl was really nice, but…but she wasn’t Tara. This fact was reinforced by the fact that when they kissed goodnight, there were no sparks, no fire. It was nice, but nothing like what she had experienced when Tara and she had kissed. Maybe it was just a first kiss thing, maybe I have set the bar too high . Willow thought to herself. So she kept going out with Jaye to see if that spark could be kindled.

She was still living at the boarding school, so her comings and goings were rather closely monitored. Willow used this to her advantage telling Jaye that she had a strict curfew and insisting that she take the bus home from the college. Jaye never pressured her to meet her parents, and Willow was always rather elusive about them. Jaye had however begun to pressure Willow to do more than the quick kisses and handholding that they had been doing over the past few weeks. Willow always tried to make it so that the time she had was finite and their plans were in public places.

Today, Willow had gotten permission to go to a movie. When she and Jaye got to the theatre, the movie was sold out, and Jaye suggested that they just go to her dorm room and hang out. Willow had skillfully avoided going to Jaye’s dorm on several occasions, but this time it could not be avoided without clearly stating that she wasn’t ready or interested in a more physical relationship. The problem was Willow’s mind and body were giving her conflicting signals, her body wanted to be intimate with Jaye, while her mind wasn’t sure. She was also somewhat worried about whether the negative memories and sensations from when she was with Carly would resurface.

As soon as they got to the room, Willow could see that Jaye had been planning for them to come back to her room. She wondered to herself if Jaye had purposefully been late so that the popular movie would be sold out. There were candles scattered around Jaye’s part of the room, and Jaye quickly assured her than her roommate was going to be out all night.

“I still have my curfew,” said Willow.

“Yeah baby, but that is not for hours.” Jaye came up behind Willow and began nibbling at her neck.

“We just gotta be careful. It’s the first time I’ve gotten a later curfew, and I can’t be late.”

“Don’t worry; I’ll keep track of the time. You’ve got nothing to worry about. Just relax. Take off your shoes; sit down on the bed while I light these candles.”

Willow took off her shoes, and sat down on the side of the bed. She looked at the dark haired girl as she prepared the room. She was very attractive. Willow felt a nervous stirring inside herself. Jaye sat down beside Willow and nudged her to lie down on the bed. Jaye lay down beside her and began to kiss her. Their kisses became more ardent and Jaye’s hands that had previously remained outside of clothes began pulling at Willow’s shirt to untuck it and to touch Willow’s back, quickly moving up to unhook her bra. Willow found herself thinking about what the girl was doing, and trying to mirror the movements, she found herself begin to tremble.

“What’s the matter baby; this isn’t your first time is it? I thought you said you dated some older girl before. I just assumed you’d had sex. “

“Yeah, it just has been a long time. It happens to me sometimes.”

“Just relax baby, you are so hot, I can’t wait to feel and taste you.” Jaye began kissing Willow again and her hands moved to take Willow’s shirt off.

Willow felt herself pulling inside herself. She wasn’t sure if this was what she wanted to be doing. It felt good in some ways, but it didn’t feel good in others. Ok, well seems like she wants me to take off my shirt, I suspect that she expects me to be doing the same, this is what you are supposed to be doing Rosenberg, you’re dating a hot girl, you are supposed to be making out with her. Why am I shaking so much? It reminds me of that night with Tara. Tara, this is nothing like what I felt with Tara. I’m not sure I can do this.

Willow tensed up. “What’s the matter baby?” asked Jaye. Why you suddenly get so tense and shaky. Do you not want to be doing this?”

Willow could tell that this was not intended as a real question, but she answered it anyway. She sat up and brought her shirt in front of her. “No, I don’t. I am sorry. You are really nice. I like you a lot. But this is not what I want to be doing. I am really sorry”

Jaye initially looked hurt, but then Willow could see a look of frustration anger come over the dark haired girl’s face.

“I should have known, dating a 16 year-old…what was I thinking. You are not ready for a real relationship. Go run home to mommy and daddy.” Jaye practically spit the words out. Willow grabbed her shirt, threw it on, grabbed her shoes and ran out of the room, not stopping to put them on until she was outside of the building. She sat down on a bench and began untying her shoes. Jaye came out when she was almost finished.

“Sorry, Willow. I didn’t mean to say that stuff. I guess I just got frustrated. Come on, come back I promise I won’t do anything you don’t want to.”

Willow looked at the girl, and realized that she would never be Tara, and she would never feel the same way about her as she did Tara.

“Thanks Jaye, but I think I should just go home.”

“Well, at least let me walk you to the bus stop, Ok?”

“Ok.”

They walked in silence. Jaye sat at the stop until the bus came. Willow got on, and the tears of frustration and sadness began to flow.

She got herself together before she went into her cottage. The other girls were all happy to see her, and after a quick questioning by her cottage parents, Willow chose to go her room. She tried to go to sleep, she tried to read, but nothing was working. All these conflicting emotions were coursing through her body. Willow got onto her computer and decided to check her special email, just one more time. She was incredibly surprised when she saw a message from wnt4evr.

Dear Willow,
Hi. I am not quite sure about what to write. It was really great to find all those messages in my email box when I finally got to read them. It seems like both good and bad things have been going on for you, and I am sorry that I’ve not been around to share everything with you. It sounds like your school is perfect. I am guessing that you are getting close to graduating from High School. Do you have a lot of college credits already? I hope you are really happy. So much has happened in my life since I last talked to you. I figured when I found out that the account was still active, that you are still checking it sometimes. I hope that this note gets to you. If I were you, I’d have given up. I am glad you didn’t. I know it has been a long time since we last saw each other, and I know that your life has gone on and your plans have probably changed. But if you are interested in staying in touch, I’ll keep checking this account regularly. I am living somewhere that there is a computer, so it is not a problem anymore. I hope you are well, oh, and you turned 15 a few weeks ago, right? Happy Birthday. Tara.

Willow immediately began to write back.

Dear Tara,
I can’t believe you’ve finally written. Just to be very clear, I really want to maintain contact with you. I have been checking this email account at least once a week for the last year. So believe me, now that you tell me that you can communicate, I have every intention of doing it. You are right, I had gotten kind of close to giving up, but I just couldn’t. I have to say that your letter couldn’t have come at a better time. I was really feeling hopeless.

I have almost a year and a half of college classes done, and I am going to be applying to four year colleges to transfer pretty soon. It is hard being so young. I am probably going to stay here at The Academy for at least another year. My cottage parents are really supportive and I have been working on the relationship with my adoptive parents. It seems that we get along much better as long as I don’t live with them.

I have to say that I am really curious about what has happened that has made it so you are living somewhere with a computer. If you want to tell me about it, I am ready to listen. I am here to support you in every way possible.

So what is going on in your life? Are you going to school? Do you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend? Where are you living? I want to know everything that you are willing to tell me.

Please write back soon,
Willow.

Last edited by taranwillow4ever on Fri May 31, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 11/6/2009)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:31 pm 
5. Willowhand

Damn, Willow has bad luck in girlfriends other than Tara! Can't wait for an update

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

False Euphoria ~~~ Eternity Again

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:30 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Big yay for Tara responding to Willow at the right time... I'm really curious to what have happened to Tara during those year & half... I truly hope that she have left her bastard father and would never ever going to see him again...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:07 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 3
Poor Willow with the Jaye thing
I feel bad for her
But I'm glad Tara wrote back
and that she is somewhere with a computer
Does that mean she does live with her father anymore?
That would be great
Can't wait to find out what happens

Ash :peace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:06 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hey! I got first update! Go me :party Been trying to do that for a while.

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:02 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Wow. Poor Willow, dating some girl because she's there and the girl isn't all that supportive or nice. I mean if Willow is still 16, there's no reason to rush into anything even if she's starting to consider moving on from Tara. But I'm so glad that she heard from Tara. At the same time, it seems like something must have happened to get Tara out of her father's house and it probably wasn't anything good. Oh no...

Willow didn't mention her eating and weight in the note back to Tara. I'd like an update on that to know that she's healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:13 pm 
8. Vixen

Disclaimer: Josh owns all of the characters, I just imagine other lives for them.

Feedback: Please, I am playing with POV, sorry to those who don't like inconsistency.

Note: This story contains elements of abuse - physical and emotional, that are either eluded to if not outright described. If anything of this sort bothers you, then please do not read this story

Thoughts in italics.

Chapter Two: Apart (cont)

Tara

Tara was relieved when the staff office was empty and the computer was available. She sat down at the keyboard and began composing a letter to Willow.

Dear Willow,
I am sure that you have a lot of questions, and over the course of time, I will answer them. It’s been a long year and a half. What is going on in my life? Well, I am living in an independent living program. I ended up in the hospital, and DSS took full custody of me again. This time, it seems like it is going to be for good. I’ve only got five months until I turn 18, but I may sign on to stay in their custody a little longer. I am working on getting my GED and am working at a local grocery store. The program I live at is called structured apartments.

I share an apartment with three other girls. There are four other apartments with four kids each, and an apartment that is sort of a staff office. Staff check in on us a couple times a day, and try to help us develop the skills that we will need to be independent. It is really good. Not that I didn’t already have a lot of independent skills, I was taking care of my dad and brother. I can do all the cooking and cleaning, but they are helping me with the banking, and budgeting, and other things that have to do with working. We have to go to therapy, and we have these stupid meetings called community meetings twice a week that we are supposed to talk to each other about our issues. The girls in my apartment remind me a lot of Anya and Buffy. One of them is a real sex addict, while the other one has a temper. They are really sweet too. The computer I was talking about is in the staff apartment. Not a lot of people use it, so I figure that I can use it regularly. The program is really near the Oregon border on the coast.

Do you go to school during the summer? The community college that we go to get our GED’s is open all year round, so we can get our classes done quickly. I just have a few more weeks to get all the seat hours that I need. Once I get my GED, I am going to take the classes necessary to work in a daycare. I have always liked little kids and it is a program that I feel like I can get through pretty quick. There also will always be little kids and daycares. I know that it is not the most lucrative career, but it will pay the bills until I figure out what else I want to do.

I am guessing that my life is a lot different from yours. You are already taking college classes and are planning to go to a four year school. Do you know where you want to go? Do you still want to be some super chemist or mathematician? Gotta say that the GED math is a breeze after taking pre-calculus. I am not too worried about anything other than the essay. I sometimes feel like I have a hard time writing persuasive essays.

So, you asked if I have a girlfriend or a boyfriend, what about you? Are you seeing anyone? You mentioned that your mother threatened to create problems for you if you came out at the school. Is that still the case? I guess I am being sort of presumptuous that you are still gay. Write back and tell me all about your cottage parents and school and stuff. I really want to get to know you.You were one of the people who kept me going through the hell of returning to my dad. Take care, write back soon (if you want). Tara.

Willow rushed back to her cottage and immediately got on the computer. Her cottage mother came up to her and asked "what was the rush?’"

Willow had a hard time not just babbling about all the thoughts and feelings she was having after getting Tara’s letter, but she’d not come out to these parents, and she had kept her promise to her mother to keep her behaviors under wraps.

“Uh…nothing Ms. Cindy. I just got an email from an old friend and I wanted to see if she wrote me back.”

“That is nice Willow. You don’t talk much about your friends from California. Your parents said you didn’t have many, but I figured that they just didn’t know them.”

“Well, this girl I met shortly before I came here.”

“That is nice dear. Remember it is your turn to do the clean up detail. So don’t spend too much time on the computer. Do you have a lot of homework?”

“Not much, and essay for Ancient Literature, and some proofs for my math class. It shouldn’t take much time.”

“Well, remember the rule, homework, THEN computer.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Willow logged out of the email program, and began writing her essay. It wasn’t until pretty late at night that she got an opportunity to enter the email program again, and was pleasantly surprised to get Tara’s letter back so soon. She read it, and immediately began her reply.

Dear Tara, I am here to listen to whatever you want to tell me. I guess it is cool that you are near the Oregon border. That means that there is only a state and a half in between us. I keep trying to figure out how we can get together in person (if that is what you want), with us both being in sort of residential treatment. I get a lot of freedom, but I am not allowed to just off on my own. How about you? Could you come up here? I am sure that you could stay either in the school’s guest house, or in one of the spare bedroom in my cottage.

I noticed you didn’t answer about having a boyfriend or a girlfriend, does that mean you don’t want to tell me? It’s ok. But if you are just not telling me because we said we’d be girlfriends, don’t. I want to know everything about your life and if it includes a girlfriend or a boyfriend, that’s ok. I don’t have a girlfriend, and am totally still gay. No question about that.

I am sorry to hear that you were in the hospital again. Was it for your cutting? I know that it is hard to keep from doing the self-defeating behaviors. I had a few relapses with the anorexia stuff, but have been able to keep myself on an even keel for the last few months. It was really hard in Israel; I wasn’t used to the food, so it was easiest to just not eat. I almost passed out a few times, and then they started making sure I ate something.

The whole getting your GED sounds good and I can totally see you working at a daycare center. You are so sweet and loving. I think that would be really good.

We have meetings sort of like what you described for your program where we have to talk to each other and resolve issues. I’m the student that has been in our cottage the longest, so I have seen a lot of girls come and go. I’ve been part of a group of other adoptees and it has helped me understand some of the stuff that happened with my parents. My mom is still clueless and it is clear that I don’t meet her expectations. I always thought that the stuff that happened when I was a baby didn’t have anything to do with how I am now, but it seems like it does. Not going to go into details, but I’ll bet that you’ll learn stuff about it in your child development classes.

Well, my house mother just came in, and said I have to get off the computer. Hope you get this soon. Write back. Please. Willow.

Willow looked up to see that her cottage mother was still standing in the doorway.

“Yes, ma’am?” she said to the woman.

“So Willow, tell me about this friend that you were so excited about getting a note from.”

Willow felt herself blanching. “Um…she’s just someone that I met in The Maples. My roommate, she and I were really good friends.”

“Do you realize that you are not supposed to be emailing anyone who is not on your contact list?”

“No Ma’am”

“Well, I’ll have to contact your parents and get permission for you to email her.”

“Really?” said Willow feeling concerned that her parents could just cut her off from talking to Tara.

“Yes. Is there any reason that they might not allow it?”

“Well, she was in treatment with me…and…my mom might have suspected…” she shut up quickly.

“Suspected what?”

“Um…” Willow looked at the woman who she often felt was more of a mother than her adoptive mother. “Well….um…”

“Did you have romantic feelings toward this girl?”

Willow shook her head, “Huh, why do you ask that? How do you know…?”

“Willow, I was not born yesterday. You never talk about boys, you don’t ever choose to wear clothes that make you look feminine, and it’s in your history.”

“Oh. So you aren’t going to let me contact her are you?”

“Are you all still romantically involved?”

“Um…I don’t know. We haven’t talked in almost a year and a half, and our first couple letters have sort of avoided the topic outright.”

“Do you want to be romantically involved?”

Willow looked at the woman, wondering if this was a dream or reality. Here was an adult talking to her about her desire to have a girlfriend like it was nothing.

“Um…yeah…I think so…she’s the first person….the first person…” usually articulate babbling Willow was at a loss for words.

“Wow, you sound pretty smitten.”

Willow blushed and looked down at the floor. “You won’t tell my parents will you?”

“What is there to tell, but I do have to ask them for permission.”

“What will you ask?”

“I’ll just say that there is a friend from school who wants to email you. “

“Ask my dad, he won’t question it. Mom might”

“I’ll try. Now, it is time for you to get to bed.” The woman came over and rustled her hair.”

“Yes Ma’am.” [/b]

Last edited by taranwillow4ever on Fri May 31, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 11/11/2009)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:22 pm 
5. Willowhand

i'm glad that they are talking again
and that willow still wants to be with tara
but does tara have someone new?
is that why she didn't mention anything about it to willow?
ugh i hope not
they are suppose to be together
they need to be together
:pray
yes i am praying that they will be hehe
it's good that tara isn't with her father anymore
and that she is getting her ged and working
i hope that she can go up to see willow liked willow asked
and that willow can still talk to her
can't wait for more

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:50 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Good that they are talking again and that Tara no longer has to live with the bastard... I truly hope that they are able to meet...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:21 am 
5. Willowhand

Yay update! More plz soon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:43 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Thanks for the very good update. Tara seems to be dodging the boyfriend/girlfriend question. I'd suspect that's about her father and the reason she isn't with him anymore rather than thinking that Tara's found someone. I'm glad that she's come up with a reasonable life plan. I know that here kids can be kicked out of foster care on their 18th birthday if they have graduated from hs. I used to volunteer doing taxes for an organization that also provides services to low-income folks. One of their programs is for kids who have aged out of foster care but basically have no family or support. It's pretty cool.

Willow's house mother seems awesome. I hope her dad will approve the correspondence and that we learn more.

Well done.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:55 pm 
8. Vixen

Meeting Expectations
Chapter Two: Apart

Dear Willow,

I feel like we are both skirting around the topic of what is the nature of our relationship. I am guessing that it is because neither of us wants to take the risk of telling the other how we feel. I know it has been a long time and it is hard to be sure about how we or the other one feels. I guess one of us has to take the chance of being vulnerable.

Willow I have missed you a lot. Thinking about you was one of the things that got me through the hell of the past year. Even though I knew that it might be a dream, the idea that there was someone who cared about me and had expressed a desire to be with me gave me hope. You were one of the best things that happened in my life and I will always be grateful to you to make me feel worthy of care.

Are you sure that I could come visit you at your program? Wouldn’t it be weird? How would you explain who I am? Is there a bus route that comes to your town? I don’t know how to drive, nor do I have a car. I doubt I’ll get permission to visit until after I turn 18, but that is in less than four months.

I took two of the GED tests today, and I think I did well. It really is pretty easy; it is mostly reading. I think I’ll be able to start classes in August to get my certification in Early Childhood Education (fancy name for Day Care provider). The guidance office says that they have been pretty successful in finding jobs for their students. I want to work at a good center.

I look forward to getting your emails.

Take Care, Tara

For several weeks, Tara checked her email account daily; then she began checking it a few times a week. After it was over six weeks and there were not any notes from Willow. Tara wondered if there was something that she had said that had put off or scared the other girl. She was almost giving up when she got a quick email.

Tara, stupid parents forbid me from getting to email you. Cottage parents are very good at keeping track of my computer usage they blocked all email sites. The moved the computer out of my room. I will try to write quick notes when I am at the college library. Thinking of you. Hope we can get together soon. If I don’t get to write again soon, Happy Birthday. <3 Willow.

Several weeks later:

Tara, how far is Klamath from where you live? I was accepted to an exchange program there for the week before Thanksgiving. I looked on a map and it seemed that it wasn’t too far south from Crescent City. Do you think maybe we could get together? Willow

Dear Willow,
Klamath isn’t very far from me. I have a friend that goes down there often, so I suspect that I could get a ride from him. But don’t you think that they will be supervising you? How will we get together? I so want to see you. I feel like it has been forever. We need to talk. Call me, collect if you have to, my number is 707-293-9178. I am sharing an apartment in the same complex as the program I was in. They still sort of supervise us, but it is far less than they do to the kids that are really in the program. Get me the details and I will see you when you come down for your exchange program. Can’t wait to hear from you. <3 Tara.

Dear Tara,
We are scheduled to be at the program starting on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I looked at the schedule and it looks like we have a lot of programming, but there is also free time scheduled. It looks like the biggest day that isn’t too scheduled in Wednesday. Do you think you could come then? I will work around any day. Hell, I’ll skip the classes if that is what I need to do to see you. I am the only kid from my program going, so I doubt that they are going to be supervising us the way I am used to. Usually the kids that are in these types of programs are pretty straight-laced, so I doubt they will suspect anything. I will call you as soon as I get there, and we can make more definite plans. I am counting the days and hours until I see you. I can’t wait. <3Willow.

Last edited by taranwillow4ever on Fri May 31, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 11/12/2009)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:23 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I hope that when they meet there will be :wtkiss ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:57 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 1
Ooooh I want them to meet now! And forever!

I bet Willow's cootage parents talked to Sheila instead of Ira... :(

But hey! Willow got a phone number, if she has a celllphone she can call her now? Or if she has an allowance she call from a public phone... No need to wait to have more information about the upcoming trip.

I can't wait for our girls to meet again.

Thanks Sena. (See, for once I feedback here, not on a chat ^^ )

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:22 am 
5. Willowhand

Yay yay yay can't wait til they see each other again. i hate willow's parents by the way

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:13 pm 
8. Vixen

Meeting Expectations
Chapter 2: Apart
Tara

Tara didn’t think that she was going to be able to contain her anticipation for Willow’s call. All day she felt like she was staring at the phone with an expectation that it would ring at any moment. When she needed to use the bathroom she would take the portable phone so that there was no way to miss the call. Once it got to the early evening, Tara began to question whether Willow was going to be able to call. what if there isn’t a pay phone, or she couldn’t do it or she changed her mind. Maybe she realized that it was better to just write rather than see each other. .

She kept thinking about Willow’s last email

Tara, so it’s all planned, I am leaving here at 6 am, so I should be at the school at what maybe 2pm. I will get to a pay phone as quickly as I can. I sure hope that there is one there. I couldn’t ask without it seeming really weird. I can’t wait to see you and talk to you. <3 Willow

Tara was anxiously pacing in her living room when her friend knocked on the door.

“So you want to go get some ice cream?” asked the girl.

“Um..no…I am w..w..waiting for a phone call.”

“Can’t they just leave a message?”

“N..n..no they are calling from a pay phone.”

“Tara you are blushing, who is it that is calling you, spill girl.” Tara’s friend sat down on the couch and seemed to be making herself comfortable. “This is better than ice cream.”

Tara looked at the girl and wondered what the ramifications of telling her would be. This friend had always been pretty cool, and had never really pressured her about anything. They had developed a casual friendship that primarily involved going out to get food. Their apartments were not in the best of neighborhoods, so neither felt comfortable walking alone after dark, but they felt perfectly calm walking together.

“Who is it that has gotten your face all a flush? What is his name, how did you meet him, what does he look like?”

Tara looked at the eager young woman. Ok, how do I go about doing this…do I say well SHE is a beautiful red haired woman who I met at a treatment facility. Do I lie, do I deny it? Tara stared at the girl who was looking up at her expectantly.

“Um… it is an old friend from a place I lived awhile ago. We lost touch and they are supposed to be visiting somewhere nearby and we want to get together.”

“’We’, ‘they’, Tara what are you saying? Since when do you have a plural friend?” The girl started thinking. Tara could see the wheels turning in her head, and was very aware when all the pieces came together. It was if a light came on in the girl’s head.

“Oh! I get it now…no wonder you never responded to my flirting, I thought you were just super straight, but rather you were totally taken. Well, now I know that it is not that I have lost my touch.”

“Huh?” said Tara looking perplexed. It didn’t take as long for the lights to come on in Tara’s eyes. “Flirting? You were flirting with me?”

“Uh huh.”

“Sorry.” Tara looked at her sheepishly.

“No problem, now tell me about this girl.”

“Well…she’s super smart, she’s got red hair, and green eyes. She is about two inches shorter than me, and is really skinny. We met at this school called the Maples. It was where I was before I went back to living with my dad. She is living at a program in Washington, but they are having an exchange program with the early college program in Klamath. She said she’d call me as soon as she got there so that we could make plans to hook up.”

“Hook up? You don’t seem to be that kinda girl Tar.”

Tara blushed, “No…not literally hook up…um just see each other…talk.”

“Looks to me like you want to do more than talk?”

Tara felt like her head was going to explode from all the blood rushing to it. She was trying to figure out a response when the phone rang.

“H….h…hello.”

“Tara is that you.” Said a very excited Willow.

“Uh huh..Willow?”

“Yup, sorry it took me so long, the drive was way longer than I expected and then they had this stupid assembly that we had to go to before we could go back to our hotel. Then I had to find a pay phone. I had gotten a lot of change, but not enough. Do you think you could call me back? The hotel number is 704-232-1300 ask for Rosenberg.

“S..s…sure.”

“Ok. Give me a few minutes, Ok?”

“Sure.”

“So was that her?” asked the girl.

“Yep.”

“That was a really short phone call.”

“She was at a pay phone. I’m going to call her back at her hotel.”

“Ooo, a hotel. I have always loved hotels.”

“I…I have n…n…never been to one.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Well hopefully you’ll get to know one really well.” She winked at Tara causing her to blush even more. “Well, I’d better get going, leave you in peace to talk to your girl. Stop by when you are done, I want to hear all about it.” The girl got up and left the apartment.

Tara stood staring at the phone, wondering whether it had been a long enough time. She counted to 120 and dialed the phone.

“Tara!” answered a very excited Willow.

“Yep,” Tara felt at loss for words.

“I can’t believe I am finally talking to you again. There were so many days I just wanted to call you, but usually it was in the middle of the night, and I didn’t want to scare you, plus I figured that you’d be sleeping, and it is not like I could really get to a phone, ‘cause the phone is locked in my cottage…but…”

“Wil?”

“Yes” the girl stopped babbling.

“Slow down sweetie.”

“Sweetie? Nobody has called me sweetie since you.”

“Glad to hear it.”

“So when can you come here?”

“Well, I got Wednesday off. My friend said that he could drop me off wherever I needed to at about noon, and we didn’t need to leave until late that night. I think he’s got a girl down there. My next shift isn’t until 2pm on Thursday.”

“Cool.” Said Willow with a little less enthusiasm that Tara had expected to hear.

“What is the matter? Does that not fit into your plans?”

“No..No.” said Willow brightening up. “I’m just a little disappointed that you can’t just come now. I don’t want to have to wait until Wednesday.”

“Sorry.”

“Hey you work, and I am sure that they would notice if I wasn’t at the exchange classes. On Wednesday they are having a day long trip that is optional. I’m going to opt out. So come as early as you can.”

“Ok. So Will…?”

“Yeah, Tar…”

Both girls seemed tongue tied. Willow blurted out, “I am so happy to be talking to you. I have been thinking about this moment for over a year, and now it is happening, and I don’t know what to say. I wish I could just travel through the lines so I could be where you are.”

Tara smiled, “That would be cool. So I gotta get off soon. I gotta pay my own long distance, and it is pretty expensive. I’ll be at your hotel as early as I can. They answered Crivelli's, is that where you are?”

“Yup, room 356.”

“Can’t wait to see you.”

“Can’t wait to see you. Bye.”

“Bye.”

“I don’t want to hang up.”

“Neither do I.”

“Ok, I’ll count to 3 and we will both hang up together, Ok.”

“Ok”

‘One, Two, Three, hang up.”

Tara could hear Willow still breathing on the phone. This made her smile. “Come on sweetie, 1,2,3.” She hung up.

Last edited by taranwillow4ever on Fri May 31, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 11/13/2009)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:33 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... That was a really sweet phone call... Can't wait for their meeting... Good that Tara has such an understanding and flirty friend...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:54 pm 
5. Willowhand

Loved the update! Can't wait for the big meeting, hope they don't get caught!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:49 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Awww. That's wicked cute.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:06 pm 
8. Vixen

Thoughts in italics.

Chapter 3. Oregon

Willow

Willow felt as though the first two days of her exchange program lasted forever. They were kept busy with classes and activities and Willow learned a lot about the Yarok Native American Culture. This school was very different from than the one that she was attended. It had with a much bigger emphasis on being the first of a generation to get a college education. She tried hard to keep her focus on the program but subconsciously she was just counting the minutes until she would see Tara. She had been tempted to call the girl every night, but realized that she did not want to cause her friend any financial hardships.

It was finally Wednesday. Willow woke up very early. She didn’t want to wake up the two other girls who were sleeping in her room. She quietly dressed and walked into the lobby to see what kind of places were within walking distance of the hotel. She discovered that the walk to the ocean was only three miles and the clerk told her that there were plenty of things to look at around the hotel. Despite November usually being a wet time of the year for this area, the weather was forecasted to be partly cloudy and the chance of rain was listed as only 20%. Willow grabbed a pastry and went back to her room. The other girls were starting to wake up and she talked to them about their planned trip around the area. When they asked why she was not going, she decided to be truthful and told them that she had a friend who lived nearby and that they were going to get together. Willow was not particularly close with either of the girls who she was sharing a room, so this information was all that they elicited from her. Willow picked up her book and tried to read while she waited for the other two girls to get ready and leave. Once they were gone she took a shower and got ready, picking out clothes that she thought accented her green eyes but were not too obviously date clothes. She wanted to look nice for Tara.

Willow had a difficult time sleeping the night before due to worries about what was going to happen today. She knew that today she would find out what was the nature of their relationship and she feared that the girl would no longer have any feelings for her. Willow reminded herself that Tara probably wouldn’t have taken off the day to come see her if she harbored no feelings. The big question was were the feelings romantic or friendly.

Willow tried to occupy herself by watching the TV, but nothing seemed to catch her interest. She then picked up a book, but the words seemed to be just dots on the page. She began pondering the fact that her perception was true, that writing was just an abstract code, but even this was not entertaining for her for long. She decided to go outside and read, knowing that she would probably continue to have difficulty reading, but at least she would have nature to observe. Willow sat down on a bench that was outside the hotel and tried to get back into her book. Her attention shifting every time she perceived a car slowing down to come into the hotel parking lot. After what felt like hours, but was actually only about 45 minutes, a beat up truck came into the parking lot, and Willow saw Tara getting out of it. Willow could tell that Tara was as nervous about all of this as she was because she didn’t even look around, but instead was walking toward the door.

Willow yelled out “Tara” she saw the girl stop and look around trying to find the source of the greeting. Willow had planned to act all cool and nonchalant, but she found herself running toward the girl and enveloping her into a big hug. Once she realized she had done it and that the slightly taller girl seemed rather stiff, she pulled away and said, “Sorry”.

“N..n…no” stuttered Tara, “I..I..It’s ok.” The two girls stood looking at each other, both seeming to get lost in each other’s eyes. Willow was the first to break the eye contact, and she suggested that they sit down on the bench and decide what they wanted to do for the day.

“What time is your friend picking you up again?” asked Willow.

“Um…he said that he’d be by at about 8, but if that is too late, I can just hang out,” she motioned to her pack,” I brought a book.”

Willow looked back into Tara’s eyes and said, “I am sure that you will not be needing to occupy time reading that book, unless of course that is what you want to do, reading is always a good thing, see I was reading too. Do a lot of reading in the last year, so we could do that…” Willow stopped when she felt Tara’s finger touch her lip.

“I always wondered if that would work when you used to get into a babbling session, we couldn’t touch, so I could never try” Tara smiled.

I could die right now happy, I so hope she wants more than friendship because I so want to kiss her, I so want to take that finger into my mouth. I hope I am not blushing, but I am feeling hot, so that is not a good sign

Willow’s fears were confirmed when Tara asked her, “Are you ok, you are turning red.”

“Um…y..y..yeah. I am fine.”

“Sure you are, babble then stutter, and turn red, those are sure signs of Willow being fine.”

“Hey!” said Willow trying to seem indignant.

“You are still cute as ever.”

Cute, she called me cute again. AHHHHHH “Thanks”

“You are welcome. So what do you want to do?”

Kiss you and hug you and take you up to my room and makeout with you. “Well, I was thinking that it is supposed to be a pretty nice day, we could go for a walk in the forest around here, look at all the giant Redwoods, or we could walk to the Klamath River or ocean. The ocean is only 3 miles away. I know that sounds far, but if we walk slowly, it shouldn’t be too bad. What do you want to do?”

“Whatever you do.”

“Well, how about we stay around here for awhile and get some lunch at the deli nearby and then walk out toward the River/Ocean and see what we want to do.”

“Sounds good”

“Ok.”

The two girls walked along silently, each not knowing what to say to each other. It felt like there was a big chasm between them, and neither of them knew what to say to the other.

“Tara?”

“Yeah, Willow.”

“So, how is the GED stuff going?” that is not what you wanted to ask Rosenberg Willow admonished herself.

“P…p…pretty good. I’ve passed five and I am waiting for the results of the writing test which I think I did ok on. So I should have the total GED soon and I can start classes in the Winter semester. What about you? What are you taking?”

“Organic Chemistry, Calculus IV, American Indian Literature, and Pacific Northwest History. The Literature class is the reason for this trip.”

“Nice light load. You still wanting to be a Chemistry major?”

“I think so. I have enjoyed a lot of classes, but math and science are still the ones I like the most.”

“I didn’t figure you changed a lot.”

“Huh,” Willow turned and looked at Tara, “I haven’t…changed that is.”

“I feel like I have…” said Tara rather quietly.

Willow looked around for something to sit on and saw a rock under a tall tree.

“Why don’t we sit down and talk some.”

“Ok.”

The two girls walked over to the rock and sat down. It was clear that both of them didn’t know what type of personal space to give the other. Once again there was silence, and then Willow announced, “Ok, I’ll start. You are right, I am Willow, not a lot about me has changed, but some has. I have learned a lot of things about myself and that has helped me avoid my eating disorder, I think I understand my parents a little better, and know that it is best if I don’t live with them. I have found out what it is like to be unconditionally accepted by adults through my cottage parents. And I am so happy about being with Tara Maclay, the girl I have been thinking about almost daily.”

“Almost daily?” asked Tara, “I thought about you daily. I guess you really don’t like me anymore.” Tara smiled shyly.

“I didn’t want to sound like some stalkerish crazy girl. I thought about you several times a day.”

“Me too. I slept with your sweatshirt in my pillowcase every night. I put it under the mattress every day so Daddy wouldn’t find it and question me. I…I…I brought it in case you wanted to have it back.” She gestured toward her backpack which Willow now realized was pretty full.

“What else is in there?”

Tara opened the pack, pulled out the sweatshirt, and light windbreaker, a book, four granola bars, and a bottle of water. “There is some other little crap, a pen, my wallet, some change. Do you want to see it all?”

“No…I was just curious.” Willow picked up the book. “Oh, I read this, it is good, how do you like it?”

“It’s ok, I haven’t really gotten into it yet.”

There was another awkward silence. Willow looked down at their hands, just one inch of movement and they would be touching. Tara seemed to catch this glance and looked at their hands too. They both looked up and into each other’s eyes, Tara moved her arm and crossed it with her other one. They held the glimpse for a few moments, and then Willow looked away. she isn’t interested in me that way, she pulled her hand away. Ok, still your friend, you can figure out things to talk about until it is time for her to leave.

It seemed like Tara was able to see the doubt and sadness in Willow’s eyes.

“Willow…I’ve changed a lot...a lot of things have happened…a lot of things that I think have changed me away from the girl you met at the Maples. I don’t think I am the same girl that you met and talked about being in a relationship with.”

“You seem the same, same beautiful blue eyes, same beautiful blond hair, same…” beautiful breasts, soft skin, absolutely smashing body, can’t say those things, think, think… same loving soul?”

“I..I..I don’t feel like the same person, s..s..stuff happened when I was living with my dad. Some awful stuff.”

“Similiar stuff as was going on before you went to the Maples?”

Tara nodded, and tears began to leak from her eyelids. Tara looked up and saw that Willow was also weeping.

“W..w..why are you crying?”

“I don’t know,” said Willow quickly trying to wipe the tears away. “I guess because I can sense the pain coming off you. I was there, I am here now, I am willing for you to tell me whatever you want to tell…But I don’t want you to tell me anything that you don’t want to tell.”

“Willow, you shouldn’t have to deal with this. I am trouble. I come with too much baggage. I…I…I…don’t know if I can be who you need. I don’t know if I can meet your expectations.”

“What?” said Willow incredulously, “ My expectations! Be what I need! All I need is you. I have no expectations. I don’t care what baggage you have, I want to help you carry it. I got an army trunk myself, but I think we can lighten each other’s load.”

“If you knew…”

“There is nothing that you could tell me that would make me feel any different toward you.”

“I doubt that.”

“I know it. Tara, you still are the person that has my heart, you are still the person that brings a sense of calm to me, you still are the person that makes my knees weak whenever I see you. I want to be your friend forever, and if you are willing more than a friend. What do you want?”

There was a long pause, [i] Oh my God, she doesn’t want to be my girlfriend, Ok…you planned for this, remain calm…remain calm. You can survive it.[i/]

“I want…I want…” Willow looked at Tara expectantly, “I don’t know what I want…no that is a lie…I do know…but it is so scary…Willow…it’s been really bad…I don’t know if I’m ever going to be whole again…you deserve more…you deserve a girlfriend who is together, and smart, and not damaged. You deserve someone better than me.

“There is no one better than you Tara..”

“You wouldn’t say that if you could really see me.”

“You are perfect. You are Tara. There is nothing that could make me feel like you were less than perfect.”

“You don’t know…” Willow put her hand on Tara’s lip; their faces were about six inches away from each other. Their eyes met again, and it seemed to Willow that both of them were waiting to make the first move. Willow chickened out, and took Tara’s hand.

“Let’s go see some of this scenery. I would love to just sit looking at you all day. I can’t believe you are here, but we gotta at least walk a little to get some food. I don’t think four granola bars are going to keep us satiated.”

“Satiated, I don’t think I’ve been around anyone who has used a ten dollar word since I left you. Daddy and Donny are dolts, and the kids in my program aren’t too bright either.”

“Glad to help.” The two girls went walking hand in hand on the path through the forest that the clerk had said would lead them to the small deli.

Last edited by taranwillow4ever on Fri May 31, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 11/16/2009)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:18 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I truly hope that Tara's abuse wasn't progressed from physical abuse to sexual abuse... I truly hope that they soon start snuggle therapy where they heal each other...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:35 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hi, there. I've been reading this story for a while now and I finally decided to de-lurk specifically so I could leave you a comment. I really like the way you write dialogue; it's never redundant or cliche and it feels very real. Keep up the good work and all that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:12 pm 
5. Willowhand

Ohh poor Tara. Will we ever find out what happened to her? And then will Willow have one of her 'anger issues' and beat him up badly? Please?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:31 am 
5. Willowhand

aw they finally get to see each other :-D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:52 am 
8. Vixen

I really stink at comments regarding feedback, but I will give it a try. In general thank you all who have left feedback, I love to see that people are reading my story and are interested in what is going to happen. I may not give individual feedback, but I have incorporated the answers to many of your questions in the story.

Zampsa1975: The snuggle therapy isn’t going to happen for awhile, but it will eventually. The extent of Tara’s abuse will be disclosed slowly.

Spudskier : It means a lot to me that a lurker takes the risk to give me feedback. I know that it is hard to put yourself out there. I am glad you like the dialogue. It is a lot easier for me to write than the descriptions. I think in dialogue.

AmberGoddess : We will eventually learn about Tara’s abuse. I doubt there will be any beating up of Mr. Maclay, but it is an idea. I am planning on him getting his due consequences.

Rating: PG -R
Disclaimer: Josh owns all of the characters; I just imagine other lives for them.
Distribution: Sure, just tell me where you are putting it.

Thoughts in italics.

Chapter Three: Oregon

Tara woke up almost an hour before her friend said he could come pick her up to bring her to visit Willow. She couldn’t sleep anymore, so she decided to take a long shower. In the shower, she looked down at her multitude of scars all over her body. How could anyone ever find this body attractive? This thought had kept her from cutting a few times, but the urge to do it often overwhelmed her and she had to engage in the behavior. Over the course of the year and a half she had pretty much decided that there was no way Willow would ever still be interested in her, so it really didn’t matter. Her father was right, she was scum and evil and she would never be loved by anyone. I can’t believe that she even wants to see me. I am sure once she sees me she will realize that I’m not worth the effort. But I so want to see those beautiful green eyes again. Maybe she will agree to still be friends. .

Tara quickly got dressed in the clothes that she had chosen the night before, a pair of cargo pants and a blue shirt that she thought accented her eyes. She remembered that Willow always admired her eyes, and she wanted them to look as good as they could. She grabbed a few granola bars, Willow’s sweatshirt, and a jacket of her own and shoved them in her knapsack. She also added a book in case the visit went horribly, and she needed to hang in the hotel lobby to wait for her friend. It was finally time to go, and her friend came and knocked on the door.

The guy that she was getting a ride from wasn’t a particularly talkative fellow, so after sharing some pleasantries, they just listened to music. As they drove down the coast. As they got closer and closer to the area that she suspected the hotel was, Tara could feel the anxiety rising in her stomach. She was glad that she hadn’t eaten much because she was sure that she would have gotten sick. what if she decides that she doesn’t like me anymore, what if we don’t have anything to talk about? What if she wants to do stuff? I don’t know if I can? What do I tell her about what happened over the course of the last year and a half? If I tell her the truth will she hate me, or think badly of me or be disgusted? Will she still want to be my girlfriend when she hears what has happened to me? All these thoughts were echoing within her head and she almost didn’t notice that they were at the hotel. Her friend mumbled that he’d see her at 8, waited for her to get out and drove off.

Tara figured that she would have to go inside and have Willow called, so she bowed her head and began walking toward the door. She was surprised to hear a familiar voice yell “Tara.” She looked around to see where it was coming from and saw a redheaded comet heading toward her. Before she knew it, she was enveloped in a big hug. For some reason, she had not expected it, so she froze up.

Willow immediately let go, and began to apologize profusely. “Sorry, there I go all huggy and I didn’t even ask.”

If felt nice, why did you stiffen up Maclay. You’ve been dreaming of hugging her, and you get to and you totally panic and freeze. And look, she looks so hurt, say something quickly. “N…n..no, I…I…Its Ok.” Tara looked into the smaller girls eyes and remembered that she could easily get lost in these orbs.

“Why don’t we sit down and decide what we want to do” said Willow gesturing to the seat near them.

“Um…he said that he’d be by at @ 8, but if that is too late, I can just hang out,” she motioned to her pack,” I brought a book.” Tara dipped her head, feeling nervous and worrying that it was too much time.

Willow moved her head around so that she could make eye contact with Tara,
“I am sure that you will not be needing to occupy time reading that book, unless of course that is what you want to do, reading is always a good thing, see I was reading too. Do a lot of reading in the last year, so we could do that…”

[i] Wow that is the Willow babble that I remember. I need to calm her down before she explodes.
Tara took her finger and gently put it on Willow’s lip. I so wish I could stop that in the way I always imagined, with my own lips. “I always wondered if that would work when you used to get into a babbling session, we couldn’t touch, so I could never try”

“I..I..It works.”

Tara noticed the girl turning bright red, without thinking, she asked, , “Are you ok, you are turning red.”

This caused the younger girl to turn an even brighter shade of red and she muttered, “Um…y..y..yeah. I am fine.”

She looks so cute. I wish I could tell her that “Sure you are, babble then stutter and turning red, sure signs of Willow being fine.”

“Hey!” said the other girl, looking insulted.

“You are still cute as ever.” Did I just say that aloud? Say something else, anything. “Um…so what would you like to do today? I’m up for whatever.”

The smaller girl took a breath and said, “Well, I was thinking that it is supposed to be a pretty nice day, we could go for a walk in the forest around here, look at all the giant Redwoods, or we could walk to the Klamath River or ocean. The ocean is only 3 miles away. I know that sounds far, but if we walk slowly, it shouldn’t be too bad. What do you want to do?”

you could suggest just sitting here all say and it would be fine with me. “Whatever you do.”

“Well, how about we stay around here for awhile and get some lunch at the deli nearby and then walk out toward the River/Ocean and see what we want to do.”

“Sounds good”

“Ok.”

Willow got up, and Tara followed, putting her backpack on her shoulder. What should I say, I just want to ask where we stand, what kind of relationship she wants, I just want that part over, but it would be so weird to just ask. I suck at this stuff. I don’t know what to say to her Tara was shaken out of her head when she heard Willow call her name.

“Yeah, Willow.”

“So, how is the GED stuff going?” Ok, I can handle that question , “P…p…pretty good. I’ve passed five and I am waiting for the results of the writing test which I think I did Ok on. So I should have the total GED soon and I can start classes in the Winter semester. What about you? What are you taking?”

“Organic Chemistry, Calculus IV, American Indian Literature, and Pacific Northwest History. The Literature class is the reason for this trip.”

She is so smart, what would she want with a girl like me, I’m not even going to graduate from High School. “Nice light load. You still wanting to be a Chemistry major?”

“I think so. I have enjoyed a lot of classes, but math and science are still the ones I like the most.”

“Huh,” ‘I guess you are right, I haven’t changed much, Still Willow, babble, school focused, lesbian, Willow.”

[i] But I have, I’ve changed so much, that girl she met, she is dead. “I feel like I have…”

Willow stopped walking and suggested that sit down on a rock that was off the path.

“Ok.”

The two girls walked over to the rock and sat down. It was clear that both of them didn’t know what type of personal space to give the other. Once again there was silence, and then Willow announced, “Ok, I’ll start. You are right, I am Willow, not a lot about me has changed, but some has. I have learned a lot of things about myself and that has helped me avoid my eating disorder, I think I understand my parents a little better, and know that it is best if I don’t live with them. I have found out what it is like to be unconditionally accepted by adults through my cottage parents. And I am so happy about being with Tara Maclay, the girl I have been thinking about almost daily.”

“Almost daily?” asked Tara, “I thought about you daily. I guess you really don’t like me anymore.” Tara smiled shyly.

“I didn’t want to sound like some stalkerish crazy girl. I thought about you several times a day.”

“Me too. I slept with your sweatshirt in my pillowcase every night. I put it under the mattress every day so Daddy wouldn’t find it and question me. I…I…I brought it in case you wanted to have it back.” She gestured toward her backpack which Willow now realized was pretty full.

“What else is in there?”

Tara opened the pack, pulled out the sweatshirt, and light windbreaker, a book, four granola bars, and a bottle of water. “There is some other little crap, a pen, my wallet, some change. Do you want to see it all?”

“No…I was just curious.” Willow picked up the book. “Oh, I read this, it is good, how do you like it?”

There was another awkward silence. Willow looked down at their hands, just one inch of movement and they would be touching. Tara seemed to catch this glance and looked at their hands too. [i] I wonder if she is thinking the same thing I am? I so want to hold her hand, but what will that mean? What will she think. She has got to have the most beautiful eyes in the world. This is really scary.
Tara moved her arm and crossed it with her other one. They held the glimpse for a few moments, and then Willow looked at Tara’s crossed arms, a wave of sadness seemed to wash over the girl’s face.

She looks so sad, I’ve got to explain why I am so reluctant. How do I do that “Willow…I’ve changed a lot...a lot of things have happened…a lot of things that I think have changed me away from the girl you met at the Maples. I don’t think I am the same girl that you met and talked about being in a relationship with.”

“You seem the same, same beautiful blue eyes, same beautiful blond hair, same…”

“I..I..I don’t feel like the same person, s..s..stuff happened when I was living with my dad; some awful stuff.”

Tara nodded, and tears began to leak from her eyelids. shit Maclay, keep it together. Stop crying, look up and get yourself together. Hey, she is crying, why is she crying? Tara looked up and saw that Willow was also weeping.

“I don’t know,” said Willow quickly trying to wipe the tears away. “I guess because I can sense the pain coming off you. I was there, I am here now, I am willing for you to tell me whatever you want to tell…But I don’t want you to tell me anything that you don’t want to tell.”

“Willow, you shouldn’t have to deal with this. I am trouble. I come with too much baggage. I…I…I…don’t know if I can be who you need. I don’t know if I can meet your expectations.”

“What? My expectations! Be what I need! All I need is you. I have no expectations. I don’t care what baggage you have, I want to help you carry it. I got an army trunk myself, but I think we can lighten each other’s load.”

“If you knew…” she has absolutely no idea.

“There is nothing that you could tell me that would make me feel any different toward you.”

“I doubt that.”

“I know it. Tara, you still are the person that has my heart, you are still the person that brings a sense of calm to me, you still are the person that makes my knees weak whenever I see you. I want to be your friend forever, and if you are willing more than a friend. What do you want?”

I want to just hug you and never let you go. I want to just stay with you forever. I want so much that I can’t have. “I want…I wantI don’t know what I want…no that is a lie…I do know…but it is so scary…Willow…it’s been really bad…I don’t know if I’m ever going to be whole again…you deserve more…you deserve a girlfriend who is together, and smart, and not damaged. You deserve someone better than me.

“You are perfect. You are Tara. There is nothing that could make me feel like you were less than perfect.”

“You don’t know…” Willow put her hand on Tara’s lip; their faces were about six inches away from each other. Their eyes met again, and it seemed to Willow that both of them were waiting to make the first move. Tara almost leaned in to kiss Willow, but sensed her apprehension and moved back.
The smaller girl seemed to be pulling back, and she got up and said, “Let’s go see some of this scenery. I would love to just sit looking at you all day. I can’t believe you are here, but we gotta at least walk a little to get some food. I don’t think four granola bars are going to keep us satiated.”

“Satiated, I don’t think I’ve been around anyone who has used a ten dollar word since I left you. Daddy and Donny are dolts, and the kids in my program aren’t too bright either.”

“Glad to help.” The two girls went walking hand in hand on the path through the forest that the clerk had said would lead them to the small deli.

Last edited by taranwillow4ever on Fri May 31, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:01 am 
8. Vixen

I really stink at comments regarding feedback, but I will give it a try. In general thank you all who have left feedback, I love to see that people are reading my story and are interested in what is going to happen. I may not give individual feedback, but I have incorporated the answers to many of your questions in the story.

Zampsa1975: The snuggle therapy isn’t going to happen for awhile, but it will eventually. The extent of Tara’s abuse will be disclosed slowly.

Spudskier : It means a lot to me that a lurker takes the risk to give me feedback. I know that it is hard to put yourself out there. I am glad you like the dialogue. It is a lot easier for me to write than the descriptions. I think in dialogue.

AmberGoddess : We will eventually learn about Tara’s abuse. I doubt there will be any beating up of Mr. Maclay, but it is an idea. I am planning on him getting his due consequences.

Rating: PG -R
Disclaimer: Josh owns all of the characters; I just imagine other lives for them.
Distribution: Sure, just tell me where you are putting it.

Thoughts in italics.

Part 32

Tara woke up almost an hour before her friend said he could come pick her up to bring her to visit Willow. She couldn’t sleep anymore, so she decided to take a long shower. In the shower, she looked down at her multitude of scars all over her body. How could anyone ever find this body attractive? This thought had kept her from cutting a few times, but the urge to do it often overwhelmed her and she had to engage in the behavior. Over the course of the year and a half she had pretty much decided that there was no way Willow would ever still be interested in her, so it really didn’t matter. Her father was right, she was scum and evil and she would never be loved by anyone. I can’t believe that she even wants to see me. I am sure once she sees me she will realize that I’m not worth the effort. But I so want to see those beautiful green eyes again. Maybe she will agree to still be friends. .

Tara quickly got dressed in the clothes that she had chosen the night before, a pair of cargo pants and a blue shirt that she thought accented her eyes. She remembered that Willow always admired her eyes, and she wanted them to look as good as they could. She grabbed a few granola bars, Willow’s sweatshirt, and a jacket of her own and shoved them in her knapsack. She also added a book in case the visit went horribly, and she needed to hang in the hotel lobby to wait for her friend. It was finally time to go, and her friend came and knocked on the door.

The guy that she was getting a ride from wasn’t a particularly talkative fellow, so after sharing some pleasantries, they just listened to music. As they drove down the coast. As they got closer and closer to the area that she suspected the hotel was, Tara could feel the anxiety rising in her stomach. She was glad that she hadn’t eaten much because she was sure that she would have gotten sick. what if she decides that she doesn’t like me anymore, what if we don’t have anything to talk about? What if she wants to do stuff? I don’t know if I can? What do I tell her about what happened over the course of the last year and a half? If I tell her the truth will she hate me, or think badly of me or be disgusted? Will she still want to be my girlfriend when she hears what has happened to me? All these thoughts were echoing within her head and she almost didn’t notice that they were at the hotel. Her friend mumbled that he’d see her at 8, waited for her to get out and drove off.

Tara figured that she would have to go inside and have Willow called, so she bowed her head and began walking toward the door. She was surprised to hear a familiar voice yell “Tara.” She looked around to see where it was coming from and saw a redheaded comet heading toward her. Before she knew it, she was enveloped in a big hug. For some reason, she had not expected it, so she froze up.

Willow immediately let go, and began to apologize profusely. “Sorry, there I go all huggy and I didn’t even ask.”

If felt nice, why did you stiffen up Maclay. You’ve been dreaming of hugging her, and you get to and you totally panic and freeze. And look, she looks so hurt, say something quickly. “N…n..no, I…I…Its Ok.” Tara looked into the smaller girls eyes and remembered that she could easily get lost in these orbs.

“Why don’t we sit down and decide what we want to do” said Willow gesturing to the seat near them.

“Um…he said that he’d be by at @ 8, but if that is too late, I can just hang out,” she motioned to her pack,” I brought a book.” Tara dipped her head, feeling nervous and worrying that it was too much time.

Willow moved her head around so that she could make eye contact with Tara,
“I am sure that you will not be needing to occupy time reading that book, unless of course that is what you want to do, reading is always a good thing, see I was reading too. Do a lot of reading in the last year, so we could do that…”

Wow that is the Willow babble that I remember. I need to calm her down before she explodes. Tara took her finger and gently put it on Willow’s lip. I so wish I could stop that in the way I always imagined, with my own lips. “I always wondered if that would work when you used to get into a babbling session, we couldn’t touch, so I could never try”

“I..I..It works.”

Tara noticed the girl turning bright red, without thinking, she asked, , “Are you ok, you are turning red.”

This caused the younger girl to turn an even brighter shade of red and she muttered, “Um…y..y..yeah. I am fine.”

She looks so cute. I wish I could tell her that “Sure you are, babble then stutter and turning red, sure signs of Willow being fine.”

“Hey!” said the other girl, looking insulted.

“You are still cute as ever.” Did I just say that aloud? Say something else, anything. “Um…so what would you like to do today? I’m up for whatever.”

The smaller girl took a breath and said, “Well, I was thinking that it is supposed to be a pretty nice day, we could go for a walk in the forest around here, look at all the giant Redwoods, or we could walk to the Klamath River or ocean. The ocean is only 3 miles away. I know that sounds far, but if we walk slowly, it shouldn’t be too bad. What do you want to do?”

you could suggest just sitting here all say and it would be fine with me. “Whatever you do.”

“Sounds good”

“Ok.”

Willow got up, and Tara followed, putting her backpack on her shoulder. What should I say, I just want to ask where we stand, what kind of relationship she wants, I just want that part over, but it would be so weird to just ask. I suck at this stuff. I don’t know what to say to her Tara was shaken out of her head when she heard Willow call her name.

“Yeah, Willow.”

“So, how is the GED stuff going?” Ok, I can handle that question , “P…p…pretty good. I’ve passed five and I am waiting for the results of the writing test which I think I did Ok on. So I should have the total GED soon and I can start classes in the Winter semester. What about you? What are you taking?”

She is so smart, what would she want with a girl like me, I’m not even going to graduate from High School. “Nice light load. You still wanting to be a Chemistry major?”

“Huh,” ‘I guess you are right, I haven’t changed much, Still Willow, babble, school focused, lesbian, Willow.”

But I have, I’ve changed so much, that girl she met, she is dead. “I feel like I have…”

Willow stopped walking and suggested that sit down on a rock that was off the path.

“Ok.”

“What else is in there?”

There was another awkward silence. Willow looked down at their hands, just one inch of movement and they would be touching. Tara seemed to catch this glance and looked at their hands too. I wonder if she is thinking the same thing I am? I so want to hold her hand, but what will that mean? What will she think. She has got to have the most beautiful eyes in the world. This is really scary. Tara moved her arm and crossed it with her other one. They held the glimpse for a few moments, and then Willow looked at Tara’s crossed arms, a wave of sadness seemed to wash over the girl’s face.

She looks so sad, I’ve got to explain why I am so reluctant. How do I do that “Willow…I’ve changed a lot...a lot of things have happened…a lot of things that I think have changed me away from the girl you met at the Maples. I don’t think I am the same girl that you met and talked about being in a relationship with.”

“You seem the same, same beautiful blue eyes, same beautiful blond hair, same…”

“I..I..I don’t feel like the same person, s..s..stuff happened when I was living with my dad; some awful stuff.”

Tara nodded, and tears began to leak from her eyelids. shit Maclay, keep it together. Stop crying, look up and get yourself together. Hey, she is crying, why is she crying? Tara looked up and saw that Willow was also weeping.

“What? My expectations! Be what I need! All I need is you. I have no expectations. I don’t care what baggage you have, I want to help you carry it. I got an army trunk myself, but I think we can lighten each other’s load.”

“If you knew…” she has absolutely no idea.

“I doubt that.”

I want to just hug you and never let you go. I want to just stay with you forever. I want so much that I can’t have. “I want…I want don’t know what I want…no that is a lie…I do know…but it is so scary…Willow…it’s been really bad…I don’t know if I’m ever going to be whole again…you deserve more…you deserve a girlfriend who is together, and smart, and not damaged. You deserve someone better than me.

“You don’t know…” Willow put her hand on Tara’s lip; their faces were about six inches away from each other. Their eyes met again, and it seemed to Willow that both of them were waiting to make the first move. Tara almost leaned in to kiss Willow, but sensed her apprehension and moved back.

The smaller girl seemed to be pulling back, and she got up and said, “Let’s go see some of this scenery. I would love to just sit looking at you all day. I can’t believe you are here, but we gotta at least walk a little to get some food. I don’t think four granola bars are going to keep us satiated.”

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 11/18/2009)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:07 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I truly hope that Tara tells Willow everything that happened to her while she in her "father's" care...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:18 am 
5. Willowhand

Please beat up Mr. Maclay? :pray I'll pay you in smilies! :party :pinky :sigh :peace :smug

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:42 pm 
5. Willowhand

yay!! they finally got to see each other again :party

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next