The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 5/18/13)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:13 pm 
3. Flaming O

1. Thank you for the update.
Love :clap love :bounce love :grin
the story.

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 5/18/13)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:54 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

How quickly time flies. I would have never imagined that it had been four years plus a few months that I have not been writing. Many a night I have tried to think about where this story is going. I have several clear scenes, but have yet to figure out how to link them. Hopefully I will start writing and finish the story. I am not somebody that tolerates unfinished Gestalts, so there is a good chance I will post.

Part 77
I guess one of the first things that therapists are taught in their classes is to encourage their clients to journal. If I had a dollar for every journal page I have written at the request of some mental health professional, I would be a rich woman. But here it goes. I want to stay in school, so I will do this lame assignment and make Harper happy. I can't believe that I have been at Aunt Joyce's for over two months now and I am back in school. It seems like things have gotten into a pretty predictable pattern. Tara and Aunt Joyce go to work and I go to school. I usually get home before Tara, and work on my homework until I see the bus drive by and then I usually try to stifle my urge to run out and greet her like a puppy. This is usually successful about 70% of the time, but sometimes I can't help myself and I have to run out and meet her as she is walking home. When I able to control myself, I try to keep studying for awhile and allow Tara to get situated at home. She always says that she feels dirty from all the "toddler goo" and wants to take a shower. So I try to wait. Then I go up to her apartment and we hang out for awhile. It seems that there is never a time that we don't have something to talk about. Often, we go to Aunt Joyce's for dinner, but sometimes, Tara cooks, other times we just order take out. We usually hang out until Tara gets tired, then we kiss goodnight, and I go home. We decided to take it really slow, so no overnights yet. Harper says I should talk about "how I am feeling and what I want". I am pretty happy with the way things are going, we've been on a few dates, and see each other almost every day. I am feeling pretty happy. Despite only needing two more classes to graduate, I am taking four. Advanced Physical Chemistry, Advanced Quantum their Mathematics, Intro to Sociology and Women's Literature 1950 to the present. It is weird to have so much reading, but I like it. Once I start Graduate Studies, it will be all Science and Math, so it is fun to take some Humanities. Well, this interesting enough for you Harper?

Part 78
"So, it seems like we've gotten into a pretty predictable pattern since Willow started school. She usually gets home before me. Most of the time she meets me practically at the bus stop, but sometimes I guess she is doing her homework and I don't see her until after I have cleaned up. We usually eat together either at Joyce's or my apartment, and hang out until it is time for me to go to sleep."

"So you still aren't sleeping together?" Commented Tara's therapist.

"No, we are taking it slow."' She paused, " It sounds like you're surprised. Do you think we should be by now?"

"It really doesn't matter what I think, it matters what you and Willow think. Do you want to be sleeping together?"

Tara thought about the answer, "Um...I...I...I'm not sure....t..th..there's a part of me that does...We are both adults, isn't that what adults in relationships are supposed to do?"

"I don't think it has anything to do with being an adult, or what you are supposed to do, I think there is a part of you that doesn't want to."

"It is n..n..not that I don't love her."

"Did I imply that you didn't?"

"N..n..no"

"I feel like I have to point out you are stuttering pretty bad, you haven't done that here in a long time. Why do you think that is?"

Tara's automatic response was "I don't know", but she knew that that was a cop out. "I guess that it's still a double meaning of "sleeping together" that makes me nervous. I still am pretty comfortable with leaving that part off the table.

"Are you not attracted to her anymore?"

Tara quickly said, "NO, it is not that. She still is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. She makes my insides melt almost daily."

"So it isn't about physical attraction."

"No, it still is about fear of flashbacks."

"How often are you having them?"

" Hardly ever, except for the nightmares"

"Nightmares? Have they increased since Willow moved in with Joyce?"

"Not really, they just have not gotten better."

"So how many times a week?"

"2-3"

"Tell me about them?"

"I don't really remember them."

" I have trouble believing that."

" I just wake up scared, and I know it had something to do with my father and brother, but I don't want to remember the details."

"I think it is important that you try. I think that your father and Donnie are standing in the way of you being able to move forward. Have you ever kept a dream journal?"

"No."

"I think you should start. I think we need to go into more detail about your past. Obviously you are still battling your demons" [i] you don't know how appropriate that phrase is [i].

"So your homework for this week is to start keeping a dream journal and think where you want to start about your past.
See you same time next week?"

"Sure" said Tara as she got up and exited the office.
Tara was disappointed when she got home and the house was dark. She jumped in the shower, expecting Willow to be knocking on the door any minute. But when she exited the shower there was no knock. Tara looked expectantly out the window, willing Joyce's car to drive into the driveway or to see Willow walking up the pathway. But there was no one. Tara's stomach grumbled, she was getting up to find some food when the phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey sweetie, I am stuck at school tonight. I have my first test in my English class and a few of us are meeting at the cafeteria to study. Is that ok?"

"Of course it is ok. You've got to keep up that 4.0 average."

"I hope I will be home before you fall asleep."

"Don't worry about it. I will see you tomorrow if you aren't. Good luck on the test if I don't see you."

"Ok, sweetie, I love you. See you tonight or tomorrow."

Willow hung up. Tara went back to the kitchen and the phone rang again.

"What did you forget Wil?"asked Tara.

From the phone was a man's voice. "Excuse me?' Is this Tara Mcclay?"

"Yes, sir. Excuse me. I thought you were someone else."

"Ok. This Thomas Morrison, from Hoover, Johnson and Howard's Law firm."

"Ok." Said Tara feeling sort of nervous. She had not heard from these lawyers since her father's sentencing. She did the mental math, there was no way either her father or her brother could be up for probation.

"I am sorry to inform you that the prison called us today and reported that your father had a heart attack."

"Is he ok?"

"I am sorry to have to tell you that he died at 2:30 pm. They need you to come as soon as possible and claim his body and make the funeral arrangements. He left a will stating he wanted to be buried beside your mother in Bishop. He stated that you could sell his guns to pay for the funeral. When do you think you can get there?."

"I will go straight to the bus station and catch the overnight bus. It should get me to Sacramento in the morning."

"Perfect, again sorry for your loss."

"Thank you sir." Tara fell to the floor. As much as she had strong negative feelings toward her father he was still her only living parent, or was she said to herself.

Meeting Expectations

Last edited by taranwillow4ever on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 7/28/17)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:25 pm 
8. Vixen

Yay for update-y goodness... I seriously hope that Tara's dad's death will help her deal with her demons and allows her to have more intimate contact with Willow...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:01 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 14
Good to see an update after so long!

I'll have to go back later and reread, to get it all in context :)

Typo check: 230 should probably be 'two thirty' or 2:30.
Italics need [/i] to close.

I look forward to rereading, and seeing the new stuff :bounce

go you! :flower

:kiss1

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:34 am 
3. Flaming O

I was pleasantly surprised and very excited when I got the email about the update. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:06 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
So excited to see a new post on this! Can't wait for more!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:57 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Zampsa19752001: I can always count on you to be my first reader. I really appreciate it. It will eventually help that he is dead, but in the short run, it will be hard for Tara.

Azirahael: I fixed the typos (I think). Hope you enjoy re-reading it. I too have had to re-read a lot to make sure that I remain consistent. I think that the rest of the story is going to be less same time story from both perspective and more sequential. I found re-reading some of the conversations rather boring. Thanks for reading.

Bluepaintbox: Happy to hear that you were excited to discover that I had posted again. You are welcome. Hope you enjoy it.

Vampyregurl73: Hopefully you will not have to wait much longer. Thanks for the encouragement.

Part 79

It was very late when Willow got back from studying. She was disappointed that there were no lights on in either the main house or Tara’s apartment. She remembered that Joyce had said something about going to a play with a friend during breakfast and figured that this was where her aunt was. She knew that Tara needed to get to work early in the morning and figured that she had needed to go to sleep. Willow let herself into the house and sat down in the kitchen. She saw a note on the table.

Dear Willow and Joyce
Sorry I have to leave so fast. I got a call that my father has died and I have to go to the prison to claim the body and then arrange the funeral. He wants to be buried next to my mother, so I will respect his wishes. I don’t know how long I will be gone. I figure that I may have to do some legal stuff with his house and belongings. I know that I will have to sell some of his things to pay for the funeral. I don’t know when I will be back, but I hope in not to long of a time.
Love you,
Tara

Willow read over the note several times, not believing that she had just left. why did I go to study group. I should have been there for her, where did she grow up? I know that she told me once, but I don’t remember anything other than somewhere near the Nevada border. I wonder if Joyce has an Atlas. Maybe if I look I will remember.

While Willow was looking around Joyce’s bookshelf for the Atlas, Joyce came home.

“What are you looking for?”

“An Atlas”

“Why?”

“I need to remember where Tara grew up.”

“At 11:00 at night. Why can’t you just ask her when you see her tomorrow?”

“ Because she is gone.”

“Gone?”

“Herfatherdiedand she has to gotakecareof the arrangements” Willow spoke so fast that Joyce could hardly understand her.

“Slow down, what?”

Willow sat down and tried to pull herself together. She took a deep breath and said, “Tara’s father died. She has to go to the prison and make arrangements for the body to be brought back to the town she grew up in. I can’t remember where that is, so I was looking for an Atlas. Do you have one? Or a map of California?”

“I am pretty sure that I do, but it would not be here.” Joyce exited the room and quickly came back with a map of California.

Willow spread the map out on the floor and began to look at the cities and towns closer to Nevada. She remembered looking for the town on the map when Tara had first said the name of the town and remembered that it was fairly near Yosemite and Sierra National Parks. She looked at the towns. Benton? Round Valley? Laws? Big Pine?

Meanwhile, Joyce was rooting through some papers that she had on her desk.

“Aha!” yelled Joyce.

“What?” asked Willow.

“I knew that I kept this stuff for a reason.” In her hand was a small piece of newspaper and a business card.

“What?”

Joyce scanned the paper. “Do you think that it could be Bishop. This article mentions Bishop, CA”

“What is that?”

“It is a clipping I kept after the trial, and the business card of Tara’s lawyers. I figured I might need the info someday. I guess that day is today. “

Willow looked at the map and identified Bishop. It did not seem that there was a very easy way to get from where they were to where Tara would be.

“So what are we going to do?” asked Willow.

“We are going to go to meet Tara in Sacramento and help her get to Bishop, of course.”

“Do you think that she wants us there? She didn’t wait for us to help her”, asked Willow,

“I don’t think that Tara totally understands what it is to have help. I think she’s been on her own and independent for so long, she doesn’t even think about the fact that others can help her.”

“That is true. Do you think you can get off for the next few days? I will leave a message for my teacher to say I can’t take the exam, if it is a problem, I will just switch the class to an audit. I can do my math and physics remotely if I have to. I am already two weeks ahead on the assignments. When can we leave?”

“Let’s get packing and take a get to sleep. We could probably leave at 8, get to Sacramento at 11. I will leave a message with her lawyers asking them to get the message to the prison so we don’t miss her.”

“Ok, and thanks Aunt Joyce for just assuming that we’ll go there. I am pretty sure that it wouldn’t even occur to Sheila and Ira that I’d want to be there.”

“I guess that is another of the differences between me and them”, said Joyce as she went up the stairs to begin to pack.

Meeting Expectations

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 7/31/17)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:22 am 
8. Vixen

Yay for great update-y goodness... I'm glad that Joyce got that Tara is not used to have help and didn't ask for it. I really really hope that Tara will be pleasantly surprised to find that she has Willow &Joyce there to help her with everything and most importantly there to help her deal with it emotionally...

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 7/31/17)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:45 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Thank you so much for continuing this story! I started reading it quite recently and I was devastated to see there was no updates since 2013, so when I saw you had started it again I couldn't believe it. Thank you for this gift to us! It's amazing how you developed these characters, how deep you got into their physche.
I really enjoyed this story, plus it helped me to deal with some demons I didn't even knew where there. It was a bit hard for me to read but it also made me feel accompanied. Keeping it simple, I can say this story just came in the right moment. And the fact you are updating it just right now makes it even more special!
I usually never comment, go stealthy in the forums... but I needed to let you know this!

Post subject: Re: New Fiction: Meeting Expectations (updated 8/5/17)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:54 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Zampsa752001: Thanks. I can always count on you to read my story. It makes it worthwhile to write.

Liester: I am guessing that your need for the story came across the universe and prompted me to continue writing. I am glad that the story has been helpful. It is very flattering that you chose to exit the lurking, and took the chance to comment on my story. It is comments like yours that make me want to finish. Thanks

Part 80

I really didn’t think this out very logically thought Tara as she arrived at the Sacramento bus station at 4am. I am glad that this is a bus station that stays open all night. I can’t imagine being outside of a locked-up building. Hopefully there will be a bus to the prison relatively early. I don’t’ think I want to be in here that long Tara looked at her fellow travelers and hoped that all would be safe until then. Thankfully she had brought a book with her, and she settled onto one of the benches and began reading. Later she searched the myriad of bus schedules to find one that would get her close to the Sacramento Prison. She was happy to see that there was one leaving at 10am that would get her to the prison around 11am. The lawyers had given her the name of the warden she was supposed to contact when she got there. Tara was well familiar with the peculiarities of bus travel, so she had brought lots of coins and small bills and she created a relatively acceptable meal out of the vending machine fare. When she went to the bathroom to ‘freshen up’, she looked at herself. Not too bad, it is not like you are supposed to be looking like a beauty queen when you visit a prison or are making funeral arrangements. During the bus ride, she had remembered the name of the local funeral home in Bishop and as soon as it was 9am, she called and talked to the owner to figure out the best way to transport her father’s body to the town. The undertaker had suggested that Tara have the body flown to them and were clear that they were not able to make the drive to Sacramento to pick up the body. Tara was shocked at the estimate that the undertaker gave her for the transport. Tara realized that she was going to have to make decisions that would not be easy. She had brought her checkbook, but her balance was not even close to what the undertakers were quoting.

Tara boarded the bus and pondered the plans while she took the one-hour ride to the prison. She noted that there were a lot of women and children all on the bus talking about seeing “Daddy” or “Papa”. Tara had never been to a prison, so she wondered what it would be like. Once they got there, she followed these people, through security. When asked who she was there to see, she stated the warden’s name and she was quickly ushered to an office to wait.

When she entered the room, she was enveloped into a hug from two angles. She was surprised to find herself being embraced by Willow and Joyce.

“What are you doing here?” asked Tara as she was released by the two women who were her new family.

“Whatever you need us to do” responded Joyce.

“How did you know to come here?”

“The power of memory, deductive reasoning, and an uncanny knack for keeping mementos”, responded Willow.

“Huh?” responded Tara.

“Joyce kept the clipping that was in the newspaper when your dad and brother were sentenced. She also kept the lawyer’s information so we were able to confirm that this was where you were going to be coming. Why didn’t you just wait for us, we would have just driven you here, and you maybe wouldn’t have been so….” Willow pointed to Tara’s disheveled appearance, “not that you look bad at all, you are beautiful as ever” said the redhead trying to extricate her foot from her mouth.

“I know I look pretty bad. Bus travel is not the easiest. Honestly, I never thought to ask you to drive me. You are both busy. Wait, Willow you are supposed to be taking an exam right now, what are you doing here?”

“I asked to reschedule the test, if it is not ok, I will change it to an audit. It is not like I really need the credit, I was just taking it to keep myself busy and it seemed interesting.”

“What about you Joyce?”

“My work totally understood. Family is the first priority. They told me to take as long as I needed.”

“Family?”

“Tara, do you not understand that I consider you family. You are Willow’s soulmate, you are not just my housemate, you are like a daughter or niece to me. Family isn’t just blood. It is chosen.”

“And I for sure have chosen you”, responded Willow, taking Tara’s hand.

Tara pulled it away and looked sheepishly toward the secretary sitting at the desk near the chairs in which they had been seated. Willow didn’t like it, but she respected Tara’s wishes and returned her hand to her own lap.

As this was occurring, the door behind the secretary’s office opened, and a large man in a white shirt appeared, “Ms. Maclay?’

Tara rose and Willow and Joyce followed her into the imposing man’s office.

“Hello, I am Captain Hooper. Who are these people, I just expected you.” Said the man.

“T…T…T…These are my….f…ff…ff..f..fr…fa….”

“We are Tara’s support system. Tara lives with us”, responded Joyce. We came to help her do what needs to be done to get her father’s body transported to Bishop. That is what we are here for right?”

“Yes, mam. Mr. Maclay was a good prisoner I hear. The wardens say that he was very involved in the Campus Ministry and was a good worker in the garden. I am so sorry for your loss.” He looked at Tara.

[it] This is so surreal, here I am talking to the Warden, and he is telling me good things about my father who I put in prison. He probably wouldn’t be dead if I hadn’t done it. [/is] Tara began to cry. Willow put a comforting arm around her girlfriend as she sobbed.

“So what do you need us to do?” asked Joyce.

“Well, in situations like this, we need to know what you want to do with the body.”

“Well, I guess that we want it transported to Bishop.” Said Joyce.

“How do you intend to do that?” asked the Warden.

“Well, how do most families do it?”

“I guess if they are not from around here, the family flies it to wherever they live. Then, they have a local funeral parlor pick up the body and it goes like a normal funeral. “

“Well, I guess that is what we will do. Do you have a connection with the airport? How does one have a body flown somewhere.”

“I am not sure. This would be a first for me.”

“Is there anyone in the prison who knows more?”

“I am not sure? I can ask around.”

Tara interrupted. I talked to the people at Brune Funeral Home today. They said that I would have to get a funeral home from here, to bring the body to the airport, and then they would pick up him at the airport. That I should have whomever the prison used for funerals to contact them. But they said that it would cost almost a thousand dollars just to do this. I don’t think I can afford it.

“Don’t worry about that Tara, we’ll take care of it, if it is what you want, that is. We haven’t even asked what you want to do.”

“What I want is someone else to take care of this. I didn’t think it would ever be my job after I left. I was hoping to never have to go to Bishop again. I was hoping that Donnie would take care of it when it eventually happened, but unfortunately what I hope and what I want doesn’t matter. What matters is that he is dead, I have to get him to Bishop somehow.”

“Are there any other relatives that can help you out?”

“Nope, just me. My grandparents are dead, my father has only one sister and she has not talked to him in probably forty years. My mom’s family never really liked him, and she was an only child anyway. I don’t even have any cousins. “

“Well, then I guess we will have to do this. You said the Bruner Funeral Home? Do you still have the phone numbers? Mr. Hooper, can you let us use your phone to make the arrangements?” said Joyce as she turned the phone around and began dialing.

“You need to dial “9” first.”

“Ok.”

Tara and Willow sat there while Joyce quickly made the arrangements.

As they were leaving the prison, Tara said, “Thanks so much for all this help Joyce. I really appreciate it. It seems that the funeral home was a lot more responsive to you than they were to me.”

“No problem, Tara.” I unfortunately know how to handle these situations. “So, what is the plan. The Bruner’s are going to get a local funeral home to pick up the body, and get it on a plane to Bishop. They told me to call them at 4 and they would tell me when to meet them at the airport in Bishop. I figure that we will drive to Bishop now, and just be ready for when we are supposed to meet there. How long of a drive do you think it will be?”

“I don’t really know,” answered the blond-haired girl. I’ve only done the drive once, and that was after I got out of the hospital and was going to a shelter. I was pretty out of it.”

“Well, I guess we will just drive and we will get there when we get there. DO you think it will be hard to find a hotel room at this time of the year?”

“I don’t think it is hard to get a hotel room in Bishop at any time of the year,” said Tara with the first hint of humor that she had expressed since they met the girl at the prison.

“Ok, let’s get going. Find somewhere to get some lunch and then be off on our way

Meeting Expectations

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:00 am 
8. Vixen

Yay for great update-y goodness... Yay for Joyce & Willow heliping Tara to get the body transported... I hope Willow & Tara get some snugly time when they spend the night in the hotel. I think she will be very reluctant for anykind of body contact due to memories comming back but Willow also has to remind her that there is also loving body contact and Willow really loves her...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:00 am 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Hey!

I'm so glad to see this fic getting updated:) It's been such a long arduous journey for our girls here and they deserve a nice happy ending...eventually. ;-)

Anyway, I think Tara still has a way to go in accepting the fact that she now has a family that actually stands by and supports her. Having them come to her rescue is definitely a giant leap in the right direction. As for our girls...they need to talk and be honest with each other before they'll be able to move forward with their relationship. Otherwise, they'll be stuck in limbo for a very looooooooooong time.

Keep up the great work!!
-S.

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:01 am 
9. Gay Now

Ditto.

Glad to see it progressing, esp after a long break. :)

I suspect going home to Bishop is going to involve some drama.
Luckily Tara has backup :P

My Story: Coming Home

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14