The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Bed Time Story Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:47 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 1
Sena: YaY for more! Hope Tara has registered the "my friend"... but most likely she registered the "our bed" part. More, please? *looks cute*

Megan: you can't do that! Can you do that? Please don't let Tara at the doctor's office! Please make Simon realise his momma took the wrong bear (surely he'll notice)!!! *cries*

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:56 am 
12. Recently Gay

Oh no poor Tara!!!!
I hope they go back for her!
She must be so scared :paranoid

Wishing Peace, light and love to everyone.
Tara: 'Can we just skip it? Can, can you just be kissing me now?'
Tara: 'I am you know' Willow: 'What?' Tara 'yours'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:21 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Uh oh! Things are happening! By the way, if you're wondering why Buffy's younger sister is Steph (xxStephirothxx) instead of Dawnie, you've only got to log into the chat room once or twice to find out. ^_^b

Final Evercraft (Part 4)

"Damnit! Stun! STUN!" RoqueSlayer ordered. "He gets another move like that off, and we wipe."

Anya was equally frustrated. "I'm trying! Need more MP!"

"Rest a sec," xxStephirothxx suggested. "My timer's up in fifteen ... fourteen ...."

Anya backed up out of range and dropped to one knee. She sucked in several deep breaths while the battle raged in the center of the throne room. The False King was putting up a tremendous fight, today, and it didn't help that they were short one damage dealer. Anya's magic was nearly exhausted, and everybody in her party was critically injured.

"Gotta say I'm not loving Guy's new job," Roque said. "It's really interfering with our events."

"But the pay's so much better. More money means more purchasing power. And more purchasing power means more presents," Anya explained.

The False King readies Hell's Wrath.

"STUN!" shouted TheBuffOne, whose usually shuning armor was dented and coated with a layer of disgusting wet ichor.

"... seven ... six ... five ...." whimpered xxStephirothxx.

"Crap," said Roque, milliseconds before impact.

iHaxYou readies Hammer Slam.
The False King takes 7 damage.

"...." said TheBuffOne, who found herself inexplicably alive.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!" Roque nearly doubled over in laughted. "Screenshot."

"OMG it proc'd," Hax said, hardly believing it herself.

Anya rejoined the fight, and several minutes later the False King toppled. The girls did a brief victory dance and began dividing up the loot. "See?" said TheBuffOne. "Who needs guys? Or Guy, I guess."

iHaxYou left the others to decide on the drops and crossed the room to TaraForm, who had been watching the fight from the hallway. The barrier that had protected her--and prevented the heroes from leaving--had fizzled out of existence when the False King was defeated. "So what'd you think?" she asked. Her heart was already pounding in her chest from the fight, and for some reason it wasn't letting up.

An expression of awe-inspired admiration was obvious on TaraForm's face. "You. Were. AMAZING," she breathed. "That thing you did? With the warcry and the shockwave?" She was practically panting.

Hax felt heat rush to her cheeks, and she was thankful that blushing wasn't obvious in orcs. She had to admit, the Whoop animation *was* pretty slick. "It's cool that you could come watch. I think it made us all do better, too; nobody wants to get their backsides kicked around in front of an audience."

"Hey, Will!" TheBuffOne called out. "You've already got the boots, right?"

"Yup. I think Guy and Steph are the only ones who need them."

xxStephirothxx shook her head. "I got them last month," she reminded everybody. "Remember, when Guy accidentally left the party?"

"Oh, right," TheBuffOne said. "Well, shoot. Wasted loot."

"Tara could use them," Hax suggested. "Actually, they'd be really useful for her."

"Meh, why not. Join up," Roque said.

"What?" said TaraForm. "No, no, no. I was just here to cheer you guys on. I didn't expect to--"

"Everyone else here already has them," Hax told her. "They'll go to waste if you don't want them. They make you invisible to monsters for a short while. Super useful."

"You're absolutely sure?" Tara asked guiltily.

"Definitely. Hurry!"

iHaxYou practically carried her into the middle of the room. Roque offered a pair of knee-high opalesque boots to her, and TaraForm inspected them. "Huh. Exactly my size. What are the odds?"

"Oh, that always seems to happen," TheBuffOne said with a dismissive wave of her hand.

TaraForm tucked the footware safely into her satchel. She tried to picture the lumbering orc tiptoeing around gracefully in the dainty boots, but the image escaped her.

They all descended the wide staircase from the throne room, their casual banter echoing through the eerily empty palace. "Buff/Steph, you guys going to con?" Roque asked after a lull in the conversation.

"I wanna!" xxStephirothxx exclaimed excitedly.

"Dunno yet," TheBuffOne said. "The parental unit hasn't returned a verdict."

"It'd be wicked if we got the whole CP crew there," Roque said. "I know Guy and Anya are going. Cordy said she'll let me know as soon as she gets back from vacation. Will is trying to pretend like she might have other plans, but she's not fooling anyone."

"Hey, wait a second," Hax complained, but Roque quickly diverted the conversation.

"How 'bout you, TF? Going to con?"

"To con? Which mob?"

"No, con. Convention. There's an FE convention next month."

"You mean like ... out there?" TaraForm's eyes got wider.

"Yup. The great big scary ol' world. Actual human contact. Social interaction. Birds singing, sun on your face--"

"It's indoors, though," Anya said, "so less sun than you'd think."

"And half the people are so freaked about the 'social interaction' thing that they act just like their avatars, anyway, so there's less actual human contact than you'd think, too," TheBuffOne admitted.

"I wanna go!" xxStephirothxx repeated.

"I--uh, I don't know, maybe," TaraForm hedged.

"That means no," Anya translated.

"I need to check my schedule. I can't remember what's going on next month."

"That means definitely no."

TaraForm frowned at her and decided to let it go. "Where is it?" she asked.

"Anaheim, California," Roque replied. "We're all in CA. Well, not Cordy. She's an east-coaster."

"Really?" TaraForm looked very surprised. "That's crazy. I'm in CA, too."

"Where in Cali?" asked TheBuffOne.

"Smallish town near Long Beach."

"Whoa, that's right near me," said Hax. "I'm in Sunnydale."

"...." said TaraForm.

~*~

Oh, man, thought Tara as she closed her laptop. Of all the places in the world Willow could have lived, in all the vastness of the Earth, she'd landed a mere three miles from Tara's apartment. Three point two miles, really--Willow had Google Mapsed it.

Willow had been so excited. She had suggested they meet up. Get lunch somewhere. See a movie. Hang out. Tara was petrified. Willow--Hax--was an orcish brute with a wrecking ball exterior and a soft caramel center. Tara liked that. She didn't want to risk any changes. And she got to be TaraForm. A beautiful, svelte, kind-hearted Elf. Peaceful. Nature-loving. Never mind the fact that the only nature Tara saw in her daily life was on a screen.

Why did the world have to be so darned small? Why weren't there more expansion packs? Now she had to decide--either chicken out and hide behind the computer screen, or go and meet Willow, and probably disappoint her. Because Tara wasn't nearly as cool as TaraForm.

Tara pulled up a browser window and looked for information on the convention. There it was. Final Evercraft Festival, middle of next month. She glanced at a calendar that was hanging on her wall. Every box was empty except for one early in the month: "Liz b-day." She flipped through the pages. Empty. Empty. Empty. Tara sighed. What an exciting life she led.

She pulled the calendar off the wall and laid it flat on her desk. In pencil--this made it less of a commitment in her head--she jotted down "FE Fest.?" It made her feel good. Productive. When she lifted it back up, she saw underneath the scrap of paper she'd written Willow's contact information on--email, instant messenger screenname, and phone number. She picked up the paper and stared at it. Pretty brave of Willow, she thought, to give her personal information like this over the Internet. Tara had been reluctant to hand hers out, but Willow had told her not to worry about it. If Tara wanted to contact her, she could, Willow had said. The ball was in her court, now.

She signed into her instant messenger program and typed in Willow's screenname--Will o' Wisp.

NoShellfish: Willow?
Will o' Wisp: Tara! :D

~*~

"Hey, Will. Rock and I are gonna level. Wanna bring your monk?"

"Uh, hang on, Buff. Might be going out," Hax replied. A moment later she said, "Yup. Gonna go to lunch with Tara! d^_^b"

"Wait, you guys are actually gonna meet up in person?" TheBuffOne asked.

"Yes ma'am!"

"Rock, you owe me 50 gold."

"Damnit," RoqueSlayer cursed. "I thought she was a lost cause for sure."

"Convince her to come to Con!" xxStephirothxx piped up.

iHaxYou promised, "Haha, I'll try. You two still need to win over your mom."

"She let me go last year," TheBuffOne mentioned, "but she's spazzing about Steph going. Apparently she thinks I'm unable to look after my own sister."

"I don't *need* looking after. If anybody weird does anything creepy, I'll bonk them with my staff," xxStephirothxx said.

"LOL, You're going in costume?" Hax asked.

"Of course! I have the coolest cap thingee ever."

"Not me," said Buff. "I mean, doing the full suit of armor thing would be cool for the first five minutes, but ewwww sweaty. And I don't even want to think about the chafing."

"Guys, I gotta go," said Hax. "See you tonight!"

"Later, Will. Let us know how it goes."

"I will. Bye!"

A minute after Hax disappeared, Roque said, "Huh. I can't believe Hax's actually gonna meet somebody in real life."

"Soooo...does that mean you lose the other bet, too?" TheBuffOne asked smugly.

"What other bet?" xxStephirothxx asked.

"Like a year ago Rock bet me that Will was actually a guy."

">_<," said RoqueSlayer.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Last edited by jasmydae on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:40 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
P-Town Tales Part Three

Xander and Willow were amazed at the number of people waiting for tables at the restaurant. They had to wait in line for almost a half hour before they came to the front of the line.

“We would like to sit in Tara’s section. Please.” Said Willow.

"Who may I ask is Tara?" asked the host.

"I think she is a new waitress. She's kinda tall, with blond hair and blue eyes." explained Willow.

"Oh, the new girl. Are you sure, her section hardly has any views.

"Yes please," replied both Xander and Willow.

"Well, in that case, there is already an available table." The host lead them to a small table near the bathrooms and kitchen.

The night had been crazy since the moment that Tara got to the restaurant. For some reason, there had been masses of people waiting for tables. Tara was already feeling excited because she'd surpassed her last day's tips already and it was only 9pm.She bustled to the table that had just been seated and was not paying attention to the patrons but just asked them what they wanted to drink.

Tara was surprised when the voice that answered this question was a somewhat familiar one. She looked down and saw the brilliant green eyes looking back at her. Tara felt her mouth getting dry and her knees getting sort of weak. She swallowed a couple of times to try to get some moisture back into her mouth so she could speak

"I would like a glass of chardonnay and my friend here would like a Sam Adams"

"Will, I can order for myself." whined Xander.

"Ok, sir what would you like?" asked Tara eyeing the man.

"I would like a Sam Adams."

"Yes, sir. Coming right up. Do you need a few minutes to decide or do you already know what you want to eat. The wait has been a little long today."

"Um..." Willow looked into Tara's blue eyes and found that she was having difficulty speaking,

Xander sensed this and replied, "We'll be ready when you come back with the drinks."

"Oh...Ok" stammered Tara and she moved away from the table, stopping at another table to get desert orders and another to get drink refill requests.

In no time, Tara was back at their table with the wine and beer. WIllow asked, "What would you suggest I have? What's is fresh today?"

Tara looked down at her pad, knowing that if she looked the woman in the eye again she would lose focus. "Well, a lot of people have been ordering the Scrod. It is lightly broiled with new potatoes and cold slaw. You can never go wrong with the clambake, if you are really hungry. It's a lot of food. If you are not too hungry, the steamers are also pretty popular. "

"Well I'm starving, let me have the clambake" said Xander.

Willow, fixed her eyes upon Tara and did not order until the girl looked at her. She fixed her gaze upon her and said, "I'll have the scrod."

Tara felt the air around her getting a little light. SHe briefly closed her eyes and breathed, replying, "Very good. I'll get it in quickly and bring you some bread while you wait. Your, husband will be getting chowder as an appetizer, would you like anything."

"My what?" said Willow rather incredulously and choking on her wine.

Tara looked at the woman, not knowing what had warranted this rather loud outburst.

"He..He, He is not...." Willow was flabbergasted and almost choked on her wine.

"I am not her husband. I am just an old best friend, and I am not her type, if you know what I mean." said Xander winking at Tara.

The air became even more light than before, and Tara felt a fear that she was going to hyperventilate. She took another cleansing breath, and asked, "Do you want an appetizer?"

"No thank you." said Willow slightly blushing due to Xander's bold report of her preferences.

Tara continued to take some cleansing breaths as she left the table to bring the order to the kitchen.

"I can't believe you said that to her, and I can't believe she thought that we were married? Why would she think that?"

"Well, guy, girl, sharing a room. often that means relationships."

"Oh my God, do you think she saw that only one of the beds was used, and she thought...ugh. I don't even want to think what she may have thought."

"Am I really that hideous Willow?" asked Xander.

"No, just the idea, it makes me....ugh. Sorry sweetie, but the idea of us doing that.." she turned her nose up as though she smelled something foul.

"Boy Wil, you sure know how to make a boy feel good."

"You know I love you." said Willow.

Just as she said this, Tara came up to the table and brought Xander his chowder and them both some bread." Of course, all she heard was "I love you." and she felt somewhat confused.

Ok, I swear the guy said that he's not her type, but now she is telling him she loves him, but she's looking at me with those eyes, oh my God, those eyes, Get yourself together Maclay, obviously you misunderstood
Tara tried to hide the crestfallen feeling she was experiencing and just quickly dropped off the food and returned to her other duties. When their meal came up, Tara asked one of the helpers to bring the meal to the table. So she didn't return to the table until it was time to give them the check.She did this with little fan fare, and after taking it up, and bringing them back their credit card receipt, Tara quickly exited the area.

As they were leaving the restaurant, Willow asked Xander "Did it seem like she got kinda distant after she gave us the appetizers?"

"Who?"

"Micky Mouse, ..you know Tara."

"I didn't notice anything. She was a waitress."

"You better have given her a good tip."

"Of course I did, sweetie."

The two of them spent time walking down the Commericial Street and stopped ot have a night cap. As they were driving home, they saw a girl on a bicycle go past them. "

When they pulled into their parking spot, they saw Tara getting off her bike.

"Do you think I should go and talk to her?"

"No Will, I think you should just talk to me about talking to her, that is really going to work well for you. YES of course. "

Willow practically ran out of the car and the sheer force of her movement scared Tara as she saw someone coming toward her as she locked up her bicycle near her room

Tara stood up quickly, and Willow slammed right into her knocking them both on their butts. They two of them sat staring at each other.

"S...s...sorry, sometimes I don't know how to stop my body, little body but it sometimes moves faster than I know. Sorta of like my mouth, sometimes I don't know what I am saying, or don't know what is. happening, I just talk or I move, or I..." Willow stopped herself and looked at the girl who was still staring at her.

"Um..would you like to go sit on the deck and look at the water?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:51 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

oooh..Willow's made a move.. ;)) and what a move she did :lol
more pleaseee :pray :pray
RC :kgeek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:20 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great updates.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:11 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
P-town tales Part 4

“So would you like to go sit on the deck?” asked Willow

“I am really tired, it has been a really long day.”

Idiot, don’t miss out on this opportunity, say “yes”

"Sure, just for a little while though". They two women sat there quietly, not knowing what to say to each other. Finally Tara broke the silence by asking,

“So do you come here often?” oh, my God that seems so corny, what is she going to think about me

Willow also caught the possibly cheesy tone of the comment and began to laugh. She could sense that the woman beside her was upset by this expression of mirth, and she choked out, "S..sorry" *laugh* "It just sounded like a pick up line" *laugh*

"Yeah to me too" said Tara joining the laughter. "I guess, what I was trying to ask was if you visit P-town often. Do you?"

"Well, sorta often. I try to come at least once a month during the season, and sometimes I come off season too. I work at a college that is about 2 hours from here, so it makes it easy to visit."

"How 'bout you? Why did you decide to come here to work? Did you use to vacation here?"

"Um...no....I..I..I had a friend who said that she made good money here last summer, she and I were supposed to be coming together, but she got a better job offer.

"I've been coming here since I was a little kid. It is where I met Xander. His uncle owns this and a few other motels, so we get to stay for almost free"

"So, tell me about this Xander... he's not your husband...is he your boyfriend, or just a friend."

"Friend. Ew...Xander a boyfriend, I don't think so." squeeled Willow.

"Why do you say it like that?" asked Tara

"Well, 1. Best friend; 2. Ew and 3. He's a guy."

"Well, most boyfriends are guys."

As she was saying this, it hit her like a ton of bricks, she didn't LIKE guys.

"Oh....sorry...should have been a little more enlightened, gay mecca and everything. Sorry.

"You don't have to apologize, it's not like I am accustomed to coming out to people immediately. Well, actually, I do tend to come out to people pretty easily....but no reason for being sorry."

There was another pregnant pause. Willow thought about what Xander had said, and decided that it probably would be a good idea to find out how old this girl was before she pursued her, and she was going to pursue her.

So you said you are going to start college in the fall, where are you going? and may I ask, how old are you?"

"I am going to Boston University, and I am almost 20, I started school late, and then I took a year off, I know sorta old to start college, but that's just how it is."

Woo, so she's really not THAT much younger than me. Now all that I need to determine is what team she bats for. I gotta a feeling it's mine, but I don't know if she knows yet.: How do I go about finding out. Well, she agreed to come sit here, but she may not have known...Shit, I hate this part.

There was another pregnant pause, and Tara yawned. “I am sorry Willow, I am beat. It was a really long day and I am exhausted, maybe we can finish the conversation some time tomorrow. Tara touched Willow’s shoulder to say goodbye. Once again she felt the familiar tingle that went from her fingertips, through her torso, into her toes and back to her torso. She walked back to her cabin.

Tara had never experienced anything like this. Tara pondered the other thoughts and feelings that she experienced every time she was even close to this woman, despite wanting to analyze the experiences, Tara fell asleep, her body more exhausted than her mind.

Tara's brain took over from where her consciousness left off. Tara was walking along the edge of the ocean, looking at the shore birds chasing the waves and the sea gulls diving into the water to get the small fish at the surface. She looked into the horizon and saw a figure illuminated in a golden light. As she got closer, she saw that it was a woman.

Without discussion, the woman took her hand and they began walking together. Tara tried to look over at the woman, but the light was too dazzeling. She could feel warmth eminating from the woman's hand, and Tara knew that she was now experiencing what her hand was made for. This other palm, fit perfectly within her own, and she felt a feeling of peace. They walked for a long time until the came upon a secluded cove. The dazzeling woman lead her to an area of the cove that was sheltered from the wind by rocks. On the ground was the softest, green grass that Tara had ever seen.

The woman motioned for Tara to sit down on the grass, and she complied. Tara felt a feeling of loss when her hand left the woman's. But this disequilibrium was restored when the woman sat down beside her. Her leg was touching Tara's. Tara felt the familiar tingle from this touch, and felt warmth from the woman's glow. Tara looked over again at the woman, hoping that she could now see who it was, but this was not to be. It was clear that it was a person, and clear that it was a female person, but Tara could not make out the facial features of the...being? goddess? woman? apparition? it didn't matter what she called it, this ball of energy. She sensed the person moving toward her. She felt strong arms pushing her body down onto the cool, soft, green grass. It felt better than any bed or furniture or ground than she had ever laid on. It was if the ground had molded to her body, supporting every part that needed supporting.

Once she was down, she felt the being's face approach her own and felt the softest lips upon her own. The being began gently kissing Tara's mouth, but soon the kisses became more ardent. Tara thought for a moment, OMG this is what kissing is supposed feel like, the being's tongue worked to part her lips and Tara could feel all of the being on top of her. It felt as though the woman's torso was against her own, while it's legs were between her own, the being's weight being held some how on her knees which were between Tara’s legs. The sensation of warmth and tingling continued to permeate throughout her body. The two women fought for dominance in their kissing, with the being winning. The being's leg pressed into Tara's center, causing sensations that were not familiar. Tara's wiggling cause her to flip the being over onto it's back. They continued their kissing. Legs grinding into the other's. When Tara didn't think that she could handle the sensations any longer, she moved off the being and layed on her side looking at the woman, and the woman rolled onto her side.

Tara found herself looking into the greenest eyes, the glowing was gone, she'd been kissing Willow. Tara awoke with a start, finding herself very aroused, it was clear now what these sensations were, she was attracted to Willow. She wondered if the feeling were mutual.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:08 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

it's mutual...so go get her :party
more..more.. :pray
RC :kgeek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:20 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great update.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:30 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Quick update for Willow and Cordy.

Adventures in Being Babysat (Part 10)

"Do you guys need to be home by any set time?" Anya asked. She was sitting in the front passenger seat of Cordelia's car. Behind her, Xander, Tara and Willow were crammed into the back seat.

"Nuh uh," said Cordelia. She stopped at a red light and fiddled with the A/C knobs on the dashboard.

After a quick check with the others, Tara spoke for the back seat. "Nope. Why do you ask?"

"We could go to the all-night diner afterward. I'm pretty hungry."

The idea seemed well received by the others, so Willow shrugged and said, "Sure." They were already enduring a carpool and a movie together--could a late dinner be any worse?

The movie viewing had been their idea--hers and Tara's--but the movie *selection* had fallen to Xander and Anya. As a result they were going to see something called 'Alien vs. Predator,' and Willow wasn't sure she was entirely okay with the choice. It sounded ... really, really dumb. But then, she supposed it didn't matter terribly much. After all, the point was to hang out with Tara's friends, no matter the backdrop. If she and Xander both were going to be dating members of the clique, they'd have to get used to socializing with them.

Harmony, the only other one of them with a car, had bailed on them last minute. Too much homework to do, she had said. Maybe next time. Yeah, right, Willow thought. At least Cordelia seemed to be making an effort. Willow was happy about that. If Cordelia would spend even one evening in Willow's company, then she must consider Tara a pretty good friend. Obviously, she was only doing it for Tara. And so would Willow.

When they got to the theater, the lot was crowded. Cordelia pulled up to the building's entrance and told them they could get out and she'd go find a space to park. Tara and Xander opened their respective doors and slid out of the vehicle. They both held theirs for Willow, who was left in the middle. "Uh, you guys go ahead," she said. "I'll walk with Cordelia." She didn't miss look of confusion that crossed Tara's face, nor she she miss Cordelia's knuckles tightening on the steering wheel.

"Oh, I can go, too," Tara offered, but Willow shook head.

Tara watched the car pull away, and shook her head, bewildered. She hurried to catch up to Xander and Anya, who were already walking into the building. Anya had gathered up Xander's hand in her own and was smiling broadly.

The car rolled slowly up each aisle while Cordelia scanned for an open space. Willow leaned forward from the back. "So, uh, Cordelia, can I ask you something?"

"What?"

"You're going to the prom. Well, both proms. Which is cool. And I ... I mean, we ... Tara and I are gonna go. Uh, together."

"Yeah, she told me," Cordelia said. It sounded automatic, like all inflection was being purposefully omitted.

"I don't really know what to wear," Willow confessed. "I mean, a dress, duh. But I don't--I don't really dress up much, I guess?"

Cordelia slowed the car to a stop at the end of the aisle and looked over her shoulder. "You're asking *me* what dress to wear to the prom?"

"I--I guess so?"

Cordelia shook her head. "Not to be a total jerk, but couldn't you ask one of your friends?"

It was difficult for Willow to tell whether she was being harsh or honest--or both. She was right, of course--it's not like them both liking Tara and sitting together at lunch one day made them bestest buds. "I don't really know anybody who possesses whatever gene lets you know how to look good." Willow hastily added, "Tara, of course. But, I sort of wanted to surprise her."

"Let me guess: Tara asked you to do this?"

"She didn't," Willow denied. "Really."

"Okay .... Well, why me, then?"

"'Cause you're--you're *Cordelia*. You're like the reigning queen of knowing how to look good, be confident, make friends ...."

Cordelia spotted a car pulling out of a space, and she flipped on her signal. She looked at Willow in the rear-view mirror. "You're actually serious, aren't you?"

Willow grimaced. "I know you guys tease my friends and I about this kind of stuff, but ... yeah. I mean, you're right. I know I have zero sense of style. I don't know *how* to."

Cordelia parked and let the car idle. She swiveled in her seat so that she was mostly facing backward. She studied Willow for a moment before saying, "It's weird, this whole you and Tara thing. Anya ... I guess it doesn't surprise me as much, 'cause she's always done her own thing. Tara's ... the quiet one. Usually she just goes along with whatever the rest of us do or think." She gave Willow the once-over. "I don't know why she's dating you."

Willow frowned. "Um." She didn't know exactly how to respond to that.

"Here's the thing, though," Cordelia continued. "She's one of my best friends, and she's amazing at reading people. I don't know if she told you this, but I used to tease her, too, when she first moved here. We got stuck doing a project together in one of our classes, and got to talking, and I learned a lot more about her. Even though I'd made fun of her, she ... well, I learned a lot about me, too. So what I'm getting at is this: one, if you hurt her in any manner I will rain hell down upon you; and two, if she likes you, that's good enough for me, 'cause I trust her even if I don't get her."

Willow gulped. "I won't hurt her," she promised. "And thanks."

Cordelia nodded and turned away. She stopped the engine and dropped her keys into her purse. "Green," she said. "And keep it simple."

~*~

"What're you thinking?" Willow asked, leaning closer to Xander.

"Buffalo chicken sandwich," he replied.

She turned to the prior page of her menu and found the entry. "Mm. Yum." They were all seated at the table except Anya, who had left to use the ladies' room. It was funny how they automatically arranged themselves in the most natural order: Willow, Tara, Cordelia, Anya, Xander, and back to Willow again. When they'd first arrived, Willow had considered for a moment--a very, very brief moment--planting herself between Anya and Cordelia just to see what would happen.

"So what'd you think of the movie?" Xander asked, including the whole table in his question.

Willow stayed quiet and let the others answer first. After a moment of silence, Tara said, "You know, it wasn't that bad. I kind of expected it to be either too scary to watch or ... well, too silly to watch."

"Same," said Cordelia. "It was still pretty silly, but not as terrible as I figured."

"Best battling aliens from video games movie I've seen all day," Willow added.

"Comic book," Xander said. "And movies before that. Uh, and yeah, there was a video game, too."

"I never saw any of those," Tara admitted. "Were they good?"

"I saw a few of the Alien movies. They were freaky," said Cordelia.

"I can't watch them all the way through," Willow confessed. "Some parts still look like the palms of my hands."

"Aw," Tara said, rubbing her arm comfortingly. "Now I'm glad I haven't seen 'em."

"I'm really glad you guys could all come, tonight. This is neat," said Willow.

"Yeah, seemed a lot more ... natural than it did in school," Tara added. She nodded at Anya, who rejoined the table silently.

"Yeah .... Well, I - " she looked at Cordelia " - I think we're good?"

"Yup," said Cordelia.

"Finally," said Anya. "Did we order?"

The conversation dwindled when the food arrived, and Willow watched everyone eat in between bites of her own meal. As far as she was converned, the evening had been a resounding success. They were getting along, they were having fun, and she didn't feel the deep rift dividing the group quite as strongly. Tara agreed. She hadn't said so explicitly, but it was there on her face, in her body language, and in the brief touches she was planting on Willow's leg underneath the table.

Cordelia drove them home first. Willow's house was closer, and Tara told them she'd get out there and walk. After the car pulled away, she wrapped Willow in a hug. "Sorry, didn't want to be too obvious."

"Well, let's make it official," Willow said. "Tara Maclay, it's awful late. Would you prefer to spend the night here, rather than risk the short walk to your house, where you might possibly wake your parents and make them grumpy?"

Tara grinned and stepped closer, looping her arm through Willow's. "I'd like that," she said. "I'd like that whole lot."

Thanks for reading!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:13 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
P-Town - so Tara's not gay. Or not yet? Interesting. But she feels those sparks so there's hope. I wonder how old Willow is that she seems so concerned.

Babysat - seems like everyone is making an effort. How awesome of Willow to ask Cordelia about what to wear and Cordy to finally get that she was serious and advise green and simple. I like where it's going.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:27 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great update.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:19 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Got a new one for you. This also marks my foray into writing first-person.

The Visitor (Part 1)

Somebody was tapping at my window.

This wasn't the kind of thing that happened every night, for a number of very good reasons. For starters, my bedroom was on the third floor. The space had been an unfurnished attic when we moved in nine years ago. It was full of corners and hidden alcoves, and instantly it had become my favorite spot in the house. For as long as I can remember I have felt the need to have places to hide--not that anyone ever is looking for me.

The tapping started a few minutes ago. It scared the dickens out of me when I first heard it. I pulled the covers right up over my head and managed to scoot a pillow closer an inch at a time until it covered my ears. I suppose the idea was that if I couldn't see or hear whatever was out there, then the same rules would apply for it. It's utterly illogical, I know, but it's worked my whole life.

While in my cocoon of blankets, I held off full-blown panic mode by analyzing the situation to find a reasonable, logical explanation. There was a storm outside, a serious storm with incredible bursts of lightning and long, window-shaking rolls of thunder. Thunder and lightning have always set me on edge. It was windy, too. I could hear the wind screeching past the peak of the roof above my head. Maybe the tapping was just the wind blowing tree branches against the window. No, there were no trees close enough. But maybe something had fallen against it, or gotten caught somehow so that it was clacking against the glass when the wind blew. Really, all I had to do was stick my head out and look. When I saw nothing, I'd feel silly for being so scared. On three, ready?

Three!

I quickly sneaked a peek at where the window was across the room. Well, it was dark. I don't know what I was really expecting. If I turned on the light would I be able to see out the window, or would it just reflect the room back at me? I considered the properties of light. I also considered how far away the light switch was. Maybe it wasn't worth it. The tapping had stopped, anyway.

That's when a flash of lightning illuminated the sky, and against the back light I saw a silhouette.

My heart did something in my chest that hurt, like something sharp had gotten caught between my ribs, and my arms felt cold from the inside out. I wanted to crawl back under the covers, but my hands were paralyzed. I wanted to call out for my mother. I think I might have even parted my lips, but was too scared to make a sound. Making any move that might draw the attention of whomever or whatever was clinging to my window was an impossibility.

I stared at the window and began counting my heartbeats. It helped a little. An animal? It had looked startlingly human. But how could there be somebody outside my window? Were they hanging from the outside of it somehow? Whatever it was, there was still a pane of glass between us. I could make a dash for it. I could reach my door before it could get in. Without taking my eyes from the dark patch of window, I tested the muscles from my fingers to my toes. They told me they were ready to run. I'd count to five, then throw the blanket and lunge for the door, flipping on the light as I went. It wasn't far to my parents' room.

One ... two ... two-and-a-half ... three ...

Tap-tap!

I'd become so tense from the counting that the sound jolted me and I sprang into action. Every move was loud. It happened exactly as I'd pictured, except that the light wasn't as bright as I'd imagined. I banged my toe turning the corner into the hallway, and hopped my way down the hallway and through the setting room that had been converted to a laundry area. I hit the light in there, too. One more hallway, then I was in my parents' room.

My parents don't have a full bed in their room. Just a box spring and mattress on the floor. They've always slept that way. I knelt and shook my mom. "Mom. Mom."

She snuffled and woke. "Willow?" She blinked and looked completely disoriented. "What's going on?"

"I think somebody's looking in my window."

"In your window?" That was my dad. I must have woken him up, too. He sat up and touched the stand of a floor lamp beside their makeshift bed, and I squinted against the light. "You saw somebody?"

I nodded, and he got up. I looked down the hallway while he got up--to say that my dad's let himself go recently would assume he's ever been fit, and he sleeps in nothing but briefs, and sure he might be going to save me from whatever nightmarish creature might be clutching the wall outside my window, but that doesn't mean I'm thrilled to see his near-naked self waddling down the hallway.

"It's that window," I said when we got to my room. No face was apparent, and when he looked closer then peered dubiously at me, I insisted, "There was something there a minute ago. A face or something."

"A person's face?" He didn't look like he believed me. I nodded.

My mom hovered just outside the doorway. "Did you have a nightmare?"

"No, I wasn't asleep. There was something there. It was tapping against the window, too, and then I saw something right up against the glass. It looked like a face, but it was dark. I don't know if it was an animal or a person, or what." My parents shared a look. "I'm serious. I'm not making this up."

"Maybe a bird?" my mom offered, but I could tell they both thought I was just making a big deal out of nothing. My eyes had played tricks on me, and I had gotten scared, and made a fuss. I was a child.

"It wasn't a bird," I sighed. Feeling emboldened both by their presence and the light, I hobbled to the window and tapped it myself. It sounded exactly the same as I'd heard. I pushed my face against the side and checked various angles, but there wasn't anything out there. Great. I should have felt relieved, but by then I just wanted my parents to know I wasn't being childish. I wanted them to believe me. To believe that something utterly impossible had happened. Did I even believe me? "Never mind," I sighed. "Whatever it was, it's gone now."

They returned to bed, and I glowered at the window a good thirty seconds before shaking my head. Like I was going to be able to fall asleep now. I went to my bookshelf and scanned the titles for something that wouldn't require a lot of thinking, ultimately deciding on one of my old Cam Jansen mysteries.

Since it's written for kids less than half my age, I finished it in just a few minutes. Just like the other eighty times I'd read it, I enjoyed the story, and it helped clear the last half hour out of my system. I knew I'd need to try to go back to sleep at some point. After checking the window one last time and seeing nothing unusual, I flipped off the light and crawled back underneath the covers.

I was falling asleep and half-dreaming about the nutritional labels on various breakfast cereals--don't ask--when I experienced one of those body spasms as though I were falling. Hypnagogic jerk. I looked it up online a few months ago.

Tap-tap!

I jumped at the noise, but this time I didn't feel the same dread pressing down on me. Now it was a puzzle. The mystery book had put me in the right frame of mind. I could figure this out. On a stormy night, what can tap on a third floor window? Okay, Mom, I'll consider it: a bird? What's large enough to be mistaken for a person's head? A raccoon? They could climb well, right? I had in my closet a green plastic box that contained a whole stack of Wildlife Treasury cards with information on animals. I tried to remember what the raccoon card said. If only I had a photographic memory like Cam.

I peeked at the blackness outside the window and tried to picture various animals clinging to the sill. A waterlogged raccoon. That wasn't so scary. Now, to prove it. I sat up slowly and slid the blanket from my legs. I eased one foot out to the floor, then the other. I shifted my weight off the bed and inched closer to the light.

A brilliant flash of lightning outside flooded the room with light, and in the glow I could see it clearly: a face. A girl's face, pressed up against the glass. Her eyes were wide and wild, and she was looking at me. My heart pumped ice through my veins, and I felt lightheaded. My vision became unfocused, and a strange haze crept into the edges of it, like when I stood up too fast. I was about to black out. I crouched to lessen the impact.

The deep rumble of thunder that followed seconds after the flare shook me from my momentary lapse. I had gone straight backward and bumped the wall. From here I could see the window. I tried to pick shapes out of the blackness on the other side of the glass. My hand brushed something hard on the carpet, and I unconsciously palmed it. A pen cap. Without any brainwave activity whatsoever I hurled it in the direction of the window and heard it ping off of the pane.

Tap-tap-tap-tap! Urgently, this time.

There was a girl outside my window. In the dead of night, in a thunderstorm, three floors up on a house on a dead-end road in a dead-end town, a road that winded two miles into the woods.

I reached above my head and pushed up the light switch.

I half expected to see an empty window, same as before. Instead, I saw her. For a split second I saw her--wild eyes, strikingly white skin, lips that seemed too large for her narrow pockets of her cheeks, tangled hair plastered to her face and neck by the rain. She winced at the light and dropped out of sight. Oh, god, she'd let go of the sill!

I bolted again, this time to the window. Maybe some day I'll have an explanation for that one. Had she been hurt in the fall? What was down there? The patio. Plastic chairs. Some empty flower pots. Nothing landing-friendly. At first I saw nothing. Then clouds parted and I spotted her naked form flitting across the yard toward the treeline. Then she was gone.

~*~

When you're a teenager, there are certain things you hide from your parents. The universal descrambler you built so you could watch the fuzzy premium channels. The C-minus you got freshman year in phys ed for hiding in the locker room during dodgeball. The lists of extrapolated credit card numbers you've used to create innumerable fake accounts with all of your local ISPs. For example.

The fact that a feral girl visits your attic bedroom window in the dead of night.

I probably should have told them. It would have been the logical, intelligent thing to do. They're my parents. On the other hand, they're my parents. They'd think I was letting my imagination run wild. They'd say I was spending too many hours in online fantasy worlds. They'd say I was watching too many scary movies. What they wouldn't do is listen to me. They never listened.

I threw myself into my school day with as much enthusiasm as I could muster and tried not to think of the the prior night's events. That evening at dinner neither of my parents spoke of them. They didn't bring up their daughter having nightmares, or worse still being certifiably crazy. They spent a few minutes on work, asked about school, reminded me of mom's upcoming travel plans, and then read questions from Trivial Pursuit cards. Normally I enjoyed this; today, I simply wanted the meal to be over.

I finished my homework and went to bed early. And waited. I experienced a nervous excitement I hadn't felt since I realized the Tooth Fairy didn't exist. That's when I realized the real reason I didn't want to tell my parents. I had a secret. I had a mystery. Something interesting was happening in my life that I didn't fully understand, and I didn't want to share it with the grown-ups. Maybe there was a strange, wild, and quite possibly dangerous girl-creature living in the woods near my house, but darn it she was my girl-creature!

This time, I was prepared. I had a flashlight tucked under my pillow, the heavy foot-long Maglite my father kept on a shelf next to the stairs that led to the basement. I figured a solid swing of the weapon could be lethal, if it came to that. I had also printed out a series of pictures I thought might aid in communication--several types of local fauna, the sun and moon, a campfire, a river, and a few of people engaging in activities like eating, sleeping, and running.

All I had to do now was wait. The first hour was the hardest. My ears perked up at every nighttime sound and passed each to my brain, which eagerly translated them into tapping on glass and scraping on treated hardwood siding. I must have gone to check the window a dozen times in that first hour, each time shining the impressive beam of light in arcs across the lawn before shuffling back to bed.

After that, the hours kind of ran together as I grew numb to waiting. Around two in the morning the doubt began to sink in. Had it been real? Had my parents not brought it up at dinner because they had no memory of it--because it hadn't really happened? Had it been nothing but a startlingly vivid dream?

No, I had proof. My big toe was still sore from when I'd stubbed it turning the corner into the hallway; a section of the nail had bent, and I'd had to cut it shorter than usual and bandage it to prevent it from catching on my sock. And if that had happened, the rest of it must have as well.

It didn't seem like I was going to get a repeat performance. And that's my luck--an inexplicable event happens to me one night, there are no witnesses, I scare a wild girl-thing away by stupidly turning on a light, and never see her again. I take the secret to the grave because I know nobody would ever believe the story. It bothers me for my remaining days. Well, crap. The flashlight was getting uncomfortable, so I slid it from beneath the pillow and set it on the ground beside my bed. I flipped my pillow to the cooler side, pulled the covers up, and waited for sleep. It was just after three.

Sounds work themselves into your dreams in unusual ways. In my dream, I was riding in the back of a moving van. It was fully furnished--a pair of sofas, a throw rug, a coffee table with a huge book of waterfall phoptography that kept sliding toward the edge whenever the truck hit a bump. It was raining, and the drops hitting the metal roof were causing a racket. A leak in one of the corners was letting water through. It dribbled along the seam of wall and ceiling until it collided with a spot of caked dirt, then it dripped to the floor in a rhythmic pip, pip, pip. I wondered where we might be moving to. It was that thought which made me realize I was dreaming.

Moments later my conscious mind zoomed back to my bedroom, and I tensed when the sound didn't fade. A fingernail tapping at my window.

Another thought crept into my head. No--not crept, exactly. Simply appeared, as if my train of thought suddenly morphed into some other, wildly different vehicle. A hang glider. A powerboat. It didn't feel entirely mine. I imagined myself lifting the covers and standing. I walked over to the window and undid the latch. She was there, right on the other side of the glass, watching me. Her hands pressed against the pane as I slid it up ....

A sharp pain in my foot pulled me back to reality. That damned pen cap had stuck me right in the heel! It really hurt. It occured to me that I was standing in the middle of my room, now. What the hell? Had I made a conscious decision to get up and approach the window? God, was I really about to open it? Jesus, I needed to pay attention. I needed to wake up.

She was there. The night wasn't as dark and stormy as the last, and enough moonlight seeped through the clouds to highlight the lines of her face. I wish I could see her eyes. Somehow I knew they'd be staring, unblinking, directly at me. She was scared. How did I know that? She was scared and wanted to come in. My room would be a safe haven. I just needed to rotate the latch and lift. It was easy. I felt the cool metal on my fingertips. I jerked my hand away. "Stop it!" I hissed at the window--at her. I'd left the flashlight. Stupid.

My mental landscape shifted, and I felt loss. Sorrow. Guilt. Just for a moment, then I was released. My thoughts were once again my own. I scrambled back toward my bed and grabbed the light--the sane thing to do. I wielded the beam of light like a weapon, cutting across the panel of glass with it. She winced and fell. When I neared the window I could just see a sliver of her body, inexplicably attached to wall below the sill.

In my head I heard my own voice snapping, "Stop it!" but muted by the glass. A fresh wave of shame rolled in behind the thought. I blinked and shook my head, wanting to erase the feelings. Her feelings, not mine. How could she be doing that? It was impossible. Then again, impossible was becoming the standard. She was apologizing to me, or at least offering something close enough to be mistaken for an apology. I scrutinized what little of her I could see. The curve of her back--she had a bony spine--which rose and fell with each short breath she took. Well, at least she was breathing. The way things were going, this actually reassured me.

I hesitantly lowered the torch, leaning it up against the wall so that the majority of its light was absorbed, but enough was reflected for me to see clearly. Tap-tap on the window--me this time. She rose into view like it was effortless for her to climb three stories. Her eyes were were dark and peering at me through squinting lids. One of her hands reached for mine, and I unconsciously pulled my fingertip away from the glass an inch, on the off chance that she could further defy physics and that the material was not in fact a barrier for her.

She scooted up further and clacked her nail where the window's latch was positioned, unashamedly baring herself to me in the process--her skin was dirty and covered with lacerations of varying lengths. Some looked very old, long-healed scars. She touched the glass again and brought her face to it. She looked as frightened as I felt--maybe even more so, were that possible. She wanted me to ler her in, and this time she was asking. Pleading.

I watch a lot of television--too much, perhaps--and every time I came across one of those extreme sports competitions, I would wonder what the heck the athletes were thinking. Why would they risk life and limb to zoom down a mountain on a board, or leap out of an aircraft, or dive off of a cliff? Certainly the thrill alone couldn't justify the potential outcome? Maybe now, as I undid the lock on my bedroom window, I understood a little better. Maybe a safe, calculated existence without danger or risk-taking was overwhelmingly dull. Maybe they were tired of following all the rules, living in the box, looking out the window.

I shoved up on the window and invited the Outside in.

I took the flashlight with me and back up a few paces, making sure to keep it angled away from her. At first she stuck only her head through. She sniffed the air and darted her gaze anxiously around the room, ultimately coming back to rest on me. I felt her in my mind, again. A gentle nudge at the side of my own thoughts--she was offering me comfort. Warmth. My body responded to it; at once I felt flushed, like I was wearing too many layers.

That brought my attention back to her. I could see her clearly for the first time when she crawled through and crouched just inside the window. She certainly looked human--unkempt and malnourished, but human nonetheless. I couldn't count her injuries. Cuts and scrapes and bruises riddled her skin. Her nails were long, jagged and dirt-encrusted. She had grungy, tangled hair that might have been ash blonde in a former life, but which now gave earth tones a new meaning. Her eyes were maybe blue--it was hard to tell in the light--and clearly anxious. They fidgeted, never staying still for long, yet never straying from me for more than a few seconds.

So now my nighttime visitor was in my room, and I was certain I wasn't dreaming--a complete psychotic breakdown was still on the menu, however--and I realized I didn't know exactly what do to. "H-hi," I said. It was a start.

She tensed at my voice, shifted her weight to a more defensive posture, and her eyes locked onto mine.

"I'm, uh - " I pointed at myself with my free hand " - I'm Willow." She looked confused, so I tried again. Point. "Willow."

I heard my voice echoed back at me, although her lips didn't move. "Willow." It was different from how I'd said it. Rounder, somehow--the first 'i' almost lost in a rush of breath. I liked it a lot. Much better than how I'd said it.

And then she loaned me another thought that almost brought me to my knees. She was lying on her side in the woods, her breathing shallow and irregular. I could see her pulse under the skin stretched too tightly across her neck. It was slow. She was an animal who had eaten something bad, something poisonous, and crawled off to die alone. I knew that's what was happening. She was dying. And she was scared.

I took a step toward her and she shied away, so I lowered myself to my knees so that we were at the same level. I left the flashlight behind and crawled forward, inch by inch until we were almost touching. And then I did the only thing I could think of. I reached out to touch her. I wanted to hold her, to comfort her, to wrap her in the same warmth I'd seen in her own thoughts. Her eyes were fixed on my hand. Closer, closer .... I brushed her skin for the briefest moment, and felt a tiny static snap between our bodies. Then she bolted, and I was flooded with fright and panic. And then she was gone, out the window in a blur of movement, and I was alone in my bedroom once more.

Hope you liked it!

Last edited by jasmydae on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:48 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
jasmydae - Yes. I definitely liked it. Willow does a really good job of skirting terror and courage. I have no idea WTF Tara is or needs but I'm in...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:40 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

*Grumble!* So I told this in the chat room the other night, and partway through it I closed the window and lost the entire chapter. Luckily, Mel was able to recover most of it, but I ended up rewriting half a scene in the middle. It's never as good, the second time.

Anyway, here's the next part of An Imaginary Friend. Hope you like it. ^_^b

An Imaginary Friend (Part 11)

"How's that?" Tara asked.

Willow's head was tipped back, an expression of pure bliss on her face. She took deep, even breaths. "Mmm. Absolutely heavenly," she replied. With every long stroke of the brush, Willow wanted to sink deeper into the carpet. Tara had long since worked all the tangles out of her hair. Now, the brushing was simply for pleasure. She would occasionally switch the motion so that the brush ran up her neck and into the hair from underneath, and the tingling tugging of her scalp was sending Willow into a trance-like state.

Tara stopped brushing, and Willow sighed contently, hoping the utterance would convery her appreciation. She leaned back to look up at her angel and noticed that she seemed distracted. "You okay?"

Tara looked lost. "Um ... yeah, I--I think so." Her eyebrows scrunched together above her nose, and she pushed a finger against the spot and rubbed. "I don't know. I think--I feel like something weird just happened."

"Uh oh. You mean like spidey sense?"

"I think so. Maybe. I wonder if I should check in. I probably should. Weird is usually important."

"You mean you have to go? But it's your turn."

Tara groaned a little sigh of longing. "I know. I don't wanna move. Still heavy from dessert. Ooof." She grudgingly stood and shook out her pajama-clad legs. "I'm sorry. Hopefully it won't take too long. Rain check on the brushing?"

"It'll be right here," Willow said, waving the brush in her hand. "Hurry home, honey." She stood as well and gave Tara a hug.

After Tara left, Willow wasn't sure how to spend the rest of her evening. She found Millie watching some nature show on the television, and she said hello but didn't stay. She considered reading a book, but none of the titles on the shelf caught her interest. She also thought about going for a walk around the block, but she wasn't sure Tara would know where to find her if she came back. She assumed Tara always knew where she was, but she wasn't absolutely sure. Willow made a note to add that to
her list of questions for Tara--a list that seemed endless.

Finally, Willow remembered she had tucked under her bed an envelope with a letter she'd started for Tara a couple weeks ago. She pulled it out and read through it, then grabbed a pen and continued writing. Willow chuckled to herself. Even when Tara wasn't around, she was all Willow thought of.

She wrote for an hour before a jaw-popping yawn drove home how tired she was. She folded the letter back up and this time left it on her desk so she wouldn't forget about it again, then she climbed into bed. Even without Tara present, Willow naturally migrated to the edge of the bed, leaving plenty of room at her back. She thought back to previous nights when Tara had come in late and snuggled up beside her while she dozed. Gods, how she loved waking up next to Tara. She couldn't imagine a more glorious feeling. The moments between sleeping and waking had become her favorite times of the day.

She heard the wooden banister creak as Millie climbed the stairs, and she heard her slippered feet shuffling into the other bedroom. Millie was doing an admirable thing, Willow thought, and not for the first time she told herself she should thank her aunt.

Willow's train of thought left Millie's station and proceeded down the track into bizarre realms, but it was violently thrown from the rails when the phone rang. She sat up and shook her head to wake up. She was halfway across her room to grab her phone when it stopped rining. Through the walls she could faintly hear Millie's voice, too muffled for the words to be distinguishable. She knew the moment the call ended because a brief chime played on her phone. She heard Millie moving again, then a gentle knock on her bedroom door. "Willow? Are you up?"

Willow opened the door for her. "Mm hm, I was just going to bed."

Millie stayed on the far side of the doorway. "That was Ed Fletcher. He needed to cancel on you for babysitting Saturday. He said they had to take Sammy to the hospital."

Willow's stomach clenched and tried to climb into her throat. She suddenly needed to brace herself, so she placed one hand on her bookshelf. "Uh ... did he say what happened?'

"No, just that there was an emergency and they had to rush him to the hospital."

"That's so scary," Willow said. Darn tootin' it was. Warning sirens were blaring in her head. Tara sensing bad mojo and Sammy being hospitalized on the same night was unlikely to be coincidence.

"I'm heading to bed, too," Millie said. "Do you need anything?"

Just Tara, Willow thought. "Nope," she said. "Goodnight."

~*~

Wanda Fletcher hated the waiting. The guilt, the dread, the uncertainty--these she could deal with. But the waiting made her feel helpless, which was silly, really. The waiting shouldn't make her feel helpless. The fact that she actually *was* helpless should make her feel helpless. Sammy's fate rested in the hands of the doctors who were diagnosing him, and Wanda was not qualified to offer any input to the process. She was qualified to sit on a bench in a hallway and wait.

Edward returned with two cups of coffee he had fetched from a machine they had seen on the other side of the floor. He handed one to Wanda, who had to set it down after a moment because the paper cup was too thin to block the heat. The coffee was terrible, but at least it gave her something to do. She wished she had brought a book. Then she immediately felt a fresh wave of guilt for thinking such a thought. No, every conscious thought should be devoted to her son's recovery.

She glanced at her husband to see how he was doing. Edward was clearly trying not to show his emotions, and doing quite well at that. Wanda wanted that composure. She figured she must look like a wreck. She looked at several of the hospital staff members, and had to admit they didn't look much better--and nothing at all like the gorgeous doctors on all the television shows she watched. Wanda had a grudging respect for these workers; while she had to admire the work they did every day, she realized that the price for doing do was giving up a portion of their humanity.

Then a young man in a white coat turned the corner at the far end of the hallway, and Wanda immediate reevaluated her 'real doctors are less attractive than television doctors' stance. He was a damned handsome specimen. He glanced down the hallway in her direction and made eye contact.

He approached them. "You're Samuel's parents?" he asked.

They stood, Wanda immediately latching on to her husband's arm. "That's right," Edward said.

"I'm Dr. Angelus; I'm going to be your son's doctor for the time being." Wanda noticed that his hands never fidgeted. Hers always did. She would often carry unnecessary items around just to give her hands something to do.

"For the time being?" Edward asked.

"We're still trying to figure out what's wrong with Samuel--"

"Sammy," Wanda interjected.

Dr. Angelus nodded at her. "With Sammy," he continued. "It might turn out that another doctor with a more specialized focus will be called in. Would you mind following me to my office?" He indicated the bench. "I promise the seats are comfier."

He led them to the office and closed the door behind them. Then he took a deep breath--that wasn't a good sign, Wanda automatically thought--and began, "Nothing is certain at this moment. However, your son's symptoms point to several different conditions. We're going to draw blood to take to the lab for testing, and I'd like to do an MRI as well. We need your permission to proceed."

"Is that--is that dangerous? What do you think is wrong?" Wanda was all nerves.

The doctor shook his head. "It's loud and can be scary for a child, but it's safe and painless. The hospital has very professional technicians. The test results will give us a clearer picture of what might be wrong with Sammy."

~*~

Wanda was quickly losing tract of time in the hospital. They had left their familiar hallway and moved to a different floor. The technician had asked her if she wanted to be in the room with Sammy, and she'd jumped at the chance, but now she was having second thoughts. The machine looked intimidating, and the extent they'd gone to making sure she had nothing magnetic on her person made her nervous. They'd even asked her if she was wearing nail polish. She felt like she was sitting in a room with a nuclear bomb.

The doctors had given Sammy something to help him relax--there were days when Wanda wished she had such a thing at home. She'd jokingly asked if they could give her some, too. The doctor had looked at her strangely before realizing she was kidding.

Twenty minutes or so later, they were done. It all felt anticlimactic. Not long after that, she and Edward were brought to *another* waiting room in *another* area of the hospital. Wanda gave up trying to make a mental map of the building.

God, she hated the waiting ....

~*~

Willow was drifting on the edge of slumber when a weight on the mattress beside her snapped her awake. "Mm. Tara?"

"Hey, honey. Sorry for waking you." She was leaning down and unlacing her shoes, and she sighed in relief when they came off. "And sorry that took so long."

"S'ok. What happened?" Willow slid her body up the bed and fluffed her pillow against the headboard. She watched Tara undress in the near dark.

"Sammy's Guardian was called," Tara said. "Something must have happened when I felt --"

"He's in the hospital," Willow jumped in. "Sammy's parents took him to the hospital. They called earlier."

Tara slid into bed beside her, and Willow draped an arm and a leg over her--funny how they always began the night like this, but ended up spooning by the morning. Tara pulled the covers up over their bodies and gave Willow a gentle squeeze. "That would do it," she agreed. "Do you know what happened?"

"They didn't say. Do you think we should go? I mean, should you--should we be there?"

"I'll go while you're in school. Will you be able to come by afterward?"

"Sure. I mean ... should I? Would that be weird? I'm just, you know, their babysitter. They don't know --"

Willow felt Tara's chin brush side to side in her hair. "I think it'll be fine. They might appreciate it. But I'll let you know."

Willow nodded and pressed a kiss against the base of Tara's neck. "I'm really glad you're here, Tara."

"Me, too." Tara brought her lips to Willow's hair and whispered again, "Me, too."

Hope you enjoyed it!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:09 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... I hope that Sammy will be alright...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:46 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great writing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:56 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I've been meaning to leave some feedback for a while now, so what better time to do so than while suffering from insomnia? (It made sense in my head...)

Jazmydae, you are certainly a prolific writer! It's really a lot of fun following the various plot threads that you weave into the fabric of your many stories currently in progress.

Adventures In Being Baby-Sat: This is certainly one of the most fluid and easy-going slice-of-life W/T fics that I've read in a while. It's nice to occasionally watch the girls interact without the fate of the universe hanging in the balance. Cordelia is much more mature in this version than the queen B of the early BtVS years, I wonder if that's because of Tara's influence? By the same token, it's nice to see some of Cordelia's forcefulness rub off on Tara as well, especially since it helps Tara to woo a wary Willow. I absolutely cracked up about Anya reading incest smut, too funny :)

Stuffed: Teddy-bear Tara is one of the best characterizations of the blonde that I've read for a long time. Sneaky Willow-Kitty is very cute and very funny, but Tara's wisdom and strength in leading the other stuffed animals, her kindness and fluffy-ness while loving both Simon and Sneaky Willow-Kitty, and her occaisional bouts of self-consciousness, all of these really rekindle warm memories of how completely endearing Tara was when we all met her for the first time.

Also, OMGWTFBBQ! How can you end a story on such a cliffhanger! I squawked out loud and bounced in my chair in total tizzy as Simon's mom left Tara behind. Get back to writing, I say, now! (...please?)

Imaginary Friend Of all the bed time stories, this one feels the most like an actual fairy tale: There's a sense of magical wonder that pervades Angel Tara's presence, Willow obviously has a great journey in store as her role in guiding and protecting the new, Dali-Lama-esque Archon child develops, and the relationship between the two women is both precious and tenuous, with so-called reality always lurking on the periphery, threatening with its insistent presence to permanently take away the one thing which both women need most: Each other. This story has the greatest echo -a feeling that what is unfolding could reshape the world- of all the bed time stories.

Final Evercraft: This tale is supremely geeky, and I was utterly delighted from the moment I read the title and understood all the references... intimately. I love and applaud how you capture two very different worlds in essentially the same place: Willow's world of competitive dungeon raiding and fighting along side a group of friends with whom she's played and bantered and bickered for years, and Tara's world of immersing one's self in an interactive fantasy, of following with bated breath the twists and turns of various quests, of befriending both beast and human NPCs, of exploring new and dangerous places that can get you killed, and actually fearing that death. (I love how the animals that Tara befriends do their best to protect her, even they know how special she is :) ) What I'm really anxious to see in further installments is how you will merge these two disparate and solitary world views not only with each other, but also with the infinitely more intimidating world of reality, and how both girls will achieve the ability to interact outside of a cherished medium.

The Visitor: For some reason, while reading this story, I kept thinking of Edgar Allen Poe. Much like in "The Tell-tale Heart," Willow's sanity must not be taken for granted; that being said however, her desire to keep something secret, belonging to her and her alone, is deeply compelling. It's a wonderful mystery, and you capture Willow's essence from the first person perspective very well (although, I actually thought that it was Tara's POV right up until her mom called her Willow). I'm sure we'll love what you have in store for us.

Thank you so very much for giving us these stories, as well as your internet fic database: I'm finding stories on there that I haven't read in years! (The playground is sometimes smaller than I remember, but sometimes it's even bigger, so it usually works out well :) )

With bated breath,
-R

"As Willow placed a kiss on her hair, Tara tucked her head underneath Willow's chin and breathed in the scent of Willow's skin. She fell back into her dreams while silently telling Willow the words of her heart, her lips brushing against the soft skin of Willow's neck."

-- "Doppelganger Redux"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:14 am 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

Topics: 1
*pokes thread*
*thread wobbles*
..Uh..err, hi Kittens ^^
Last night there was a bunch of people in the chat and I got this weird story popping into my mind.
It was written at 3 am so bear with me? :aww
<>, Thoughts
For Tiff, that fought sleep to hear this and Rachel who needed snuggling....
Starring: Willow, Tara, Smut the kitten, Rachel the pony....

[center]o~°Smut, the Fantastico Kitten°~o[/center]

Willow Rosenberg, a bubbly ten-year-old redheaded girl, jumped excitedly in front of her dad's car.
She was waiting impatiently for him to hop in and drive her around, so that her mother could sneak in her present.

<I like my birth numbers, 7/11 at 3.13 am, they're all prime numbers! I read that in the junior high textbook Ms. Belnar gave me, she said that I am very smart! She should know so, she's old. Oh! In a mature way, I didn't meant to offend her! Do you think I offended her?>>

The little girl turned to her dad with teary eyes. She didn't want to offend anyone!
From the doorstep Ira Rosenberg shared a bemused look with his wife and went to his not-so-little-anymore girl. He crouched in front of her and wrapped her in a warm hug.

<>

He loved that she could get worked up over seemingly little things, she was truly precious.
Willow wiped her eyes and smiled up at her Daddy

<>

She could see the truth in his green eyes, which were a couple of shades darker than hers.

Mom's are a couple of shades lighter, I'm the average!

She bounced happily, then turned to her dad once again.

<>

Her Dad was used to her mind-jumps, so he had a pretty good idea as to what she was referring to, but mock-frowned.

<>

The redhead swatted him lightly on his broad arm.

<>

Dad Rosenberg clamped his hand over the girl's mouth and opened the car's door to latch her inside.
Willow laughed like crazy: they always mock-fought their way in the car.
Finally both Rosenbergs were inside the veichle, and Ira started the engine.

<>

The small girl widened her eyes. Her dad often took her to the Pump, but she was never allowed to drink coffee, something about being 'pumped' enough

Whatever that means. But now I'm a big girl, maybe he'll let me taste some of his mocha!

She nodded happily, and off they went.
Sheila watched her family go, and hurried to the neighbors', where she had left her daughter's present so as to not let her find it out.
She graciously dropped off a cake she had conveniently bought along with the present, and she decided that the cake would bribe her way out of any damage the 'present' might have done by that time.

Thankfully no damage was done, and she waved her goodbye to the neighbors before going back home.
She set the holed box down and opened the catch.

A tiny white paw came up to greet her hand.

Sheila smiled. Her daughter would surely love her new Kitten.
She set off to show the cat where her litter was, hoping she'd get it soon, and then amused herself watching the kitty play with a string.
She was really adorable. Her fur was black, except for her belly and her paws, and a little spot under her chin that were white.
A cutie.

After a couple of hours that Sheila spen reading with the kitten curled up beside her she heard the phone ring.
After only one ring it stopped, and Sheila knew it was her husband signal that they were coming back.

She poked gently the cat to wake her up and brought her upstairs; the bundle of fur immediately set off to explore it and eagerly got lost in the rooms.
Perfect. Just what I hoped.

Sheila went down to greet her family inside, and found herself faced with her smiling daughter.
She winked and motioned with her head inside the house.

<>

Willow clapped.

<>

Willow spotted something by the staircase and went to check it out.
Attached to the first step there was a note with a string.
"You might need this." Read the note.

She headed upstairs, string in hand.
She was wondering why she might need a string when she heard a bump coming from her room.
Her heartbeat was erratic, and she gasped when she saw the door slightly open.

See, I'm optimistic. Slightly open, not slightly closed, go me. Be positive, go and open the door!
She put her hand on the handle and...

[center]o~°~o[/center]

Tara almost jumped out of her skin when her older brother Donnie pinched her hips from behind.
She turned with her cheeks flushed and her breathing shallow.

<> She slapped his hand that was still poised near her hip, and he yelped.

<>

He stuck his tongue out at her, but sobered up when he saw her duck behind her hair. She was still self-conscious about her body, having started developing earlier than the other girls.
He hugged her and whispered in her ear:
<>

Tara smiled. A fresh start indeed, a twelve-year-old girl in a new school. Things were looking up.
She went to sleep after kissing her mother and her father goodnight. She changed into her PJs and went to snuggle with her favourite stuffed animal, a palomine pony called Rachel.

But when she threw back the covers to burrow in her bed she was faced with a bitter surprise: her pony wasn't there.
She looked around panicked for a moment, before remembering she was in a new house, and her pony was probably still packed somewhere.

She went over to her boxes and starting searching for it, but another shock was waiting for her: the box of her toys was ripped open.
She remembered that, along the road, the car went over a concealed speed bump and some boxes had fallen over.

Maybe it fell there! What if someone found it and kept it? Or maybe they left it there, or are waiting for me to go to get Rach back!

Tara wasn't an impulsive girl, but that pony had been the only gift her Granny could give her before passing away, and she had never slept a night without it.
And in a new home, a new bed, she needed the stuffed comfort more than ever.

She put on a pair of jeans and sneaked out through the window.
Not knowing the house well though she fell a little harder than she'd thought.

Doesn't matter. Rachel, I'm coming!

She ventured out in the night, not thinking that she'd never find the right street in the dark, only following her heart.

I remember there were many trees. A forest!

She headed towards the forest. If only she knew where it was.
It wasn't long before she got lost.

[center]o~°~o[/center]

Willow was still wondering whether to open the door or not when a black bullet shot out of her room and launched itself at the string in the girl's hand.
Willow let out a piercing shriek and backed away from her room, but tripped over the cat and fell.
She rubbed her aching back, all the while muttering under her breath.

Damn cat who the heck put that there? Wait...

She looked at the furry bit entangled with the string.

<>

The kitten looked at her as if to say "Yes why, never seen one before?".
Willow's eyes slowly widened in understanding.

She let out a squeal and held out her hands to the kitty.
Green eyes looked at them inquiring, before deciding they were indeed nice hands to take a nap in.
The cat curled up in her new mistress' hands and started snoozing.
Willow stared in fascination at her new friend, before standing and running down the stairs to thank her parents.

The kitten didn't like bumpy naps, so she looked up, but saw a silhouette outside and ran after it through the still-open door.
Willow screamed and ran after her cat without a second thought.
She turned left and ram still shouting.

I need to give her a name! I can't keep calling her 'cat'!

At the sound of human voice Tara slowed down and turned, only to be pounced on by a kitty and then by the owner of that kitty.

Willow crashed into someone, and when she put her hands forward to pillow her fall she felt that it was a girl she had crashed into.
She widened her eyes and started apologizing profusely; though, she was mesmerized by the girl's eyes.

So blue...

Tara couldn't hear anything but their breathings, she saw the other girl's lips moving and she guessed she was apologizing for having crashed into her....well, into her.
At once they locked eyes and Willow stopped talking. A soft mewling snapped them out their mutual stare-fest.

Willow looked from the girl to the general direction of the mewling, then back to the girl.
She stood up and extended her hand to the girl to help her up.
Once they were both standing they locked eyes again.

<>

<>

They spoke at the same moment. They chuckled nervously, before their attention was attracted once again by the cat.
Willow asked the girl: <>
Tara looked down shyly before answering.
<>

She immediately looked stricken as Willow paled.

<> The redhead thought she was going to faint.
Tara cocked an eyebrow, but decided to not enquire the weird girl further. After all it was late.

<>

Willow regained colour and nodded an affirmative.
They headed off to search for the missing animals when a thought struck Willow.

<>

She looked panicked at Tara, but couldn't help but smiling at the giggle that erupted from her new friend.
The blonde waved a hand apologetically and caught her breath.

<>

Willow smiled even wider at this, and with a boldness she didn't know she had she clasped Tara's hand and stuck her tongue out at her.

<>
Tara beamed at their entwined hands. Things are really looking up.

The girls ventured in the 'forest', that wasn't really a forest but a mere park, and Willow knew the way having played there all her life.

Now that sounds a bit lame. Maybe I shouldn't tell Tara that. But how else am I going to explain why I know the way? She could think I'm an axe murderer that wants to get her lost and forgotten in the woods!

Tara giggled at the expressions that passed on the redhead's face. She imagined she was having some sort of babble in her head.
She heard mewling ahead and spotted the kitten.
Seeing that Willow was still having an inner-debate she nudged her and, after getting her attention, she pointed at the cat with their joined hands.

Willow squealed yet again and dragged Tara to the kitten, before scooping the little bundle up.
She snuggled her a bit, then saw that on the ground there was something else that probably needed snuggling.

She crouched down and inspected the thing, before smiling and picking it up.
She grinned impishly -or as impishly as an eleven-year-old can pull off- and handed the stuffed pony to Tara, whose face broke into a wide grin.

The two friends hugged to celebrate their successful search before turning back to go home.

Tara, who had Rachel cuddled tightly to her chest, scratched the cat's heat.

<>

Willow looked pensive.

<>
She inspected the kitten closely. She was covered of dirt thanks to her trip to the park. Even her white belly was dark now.

Tara giggled as an idea hit her.

<>
Willow smiled at the cutenes of the blonde. <>

She smirked at the idea. The kitty looked anything but super at the moment, caked in mud.
Tara added: <>
Willow actually laughed out loud at that.

<>

Willow held up the cat and with mock-solemnity said: <>
When Tara failed to comment Willow turned to her to see a shocked expression on her face.

<>

She didn't want to give her kitten a name Tara wouldn't like. Her kitten was Tara-friendly.
Tara shook her head.

<>

Tara had heard her brother use that word a lot with his friends , and she had asked what it meant. She still blushed just to think about it.
Willow scrunched up her face in confusion.

<>
Tara interrupted her with a smile <>
The redhead narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

<>

Tara blushed cutely and motioned to the other girl closer. She whispered in her ear the same thing her brother had told her.
Willow went about five different shades of red at once, and turned to face Tara with comically wide eyes.

<>

Tara laughed.
<>

Both girls thought unconsciously: 'You are perfect.'
They arrived at the Rosenberg's and were faced with four very worried parents.
How they found each other, they didn't know and didn't care.

When Willow told her parents how she'd called the kitten her parents widened their eyes just like Willow had done.
<>
Willow interrupded her mother.
<>*
Sheila and Ira sighed in relief. Then a thought hit them.

<>

Tara inched forward shyly and spoke up: <> She hoped that would explain it all.
The Rosenbergs nodded sagely, when they saw a glare coming from their daughter.

<you know about this?>> Willow stared down at them, enjoying their uncomfortable glance.
Then Ira had a thought.
<are adults. We know adult things.>> He smirked but let his daughter off the hook.

Both the Rosenbergs and the Maclays agreed to a sleepover, and when Tara and Willow curled up on Willow's bed with Smut between them they had the same thought -not for the first time that night, and not for the last time.

This is the start of a beautiful friendship.

<>
<>
As one they turned to the kitten.
<>

[center]o~°The End°~o[/center]

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:05 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for funny "Smutty" story...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:16 am 
3. Flaming O

Hahaha.. That was the best bed time I had..

I couldn't go, before the story finished.
So, I was luck I didn't sleep before like Tiff.

Thanks Jay for the story.
I hope see you today on the chat. ;-)

:kitty
Tay.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:24 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 6
Wow, these stories are amazing. I love every single one of them, but Stuffed, Adventures in Being Babysat, Imaginary Friend and the 'new' story the Visitor are really my favourites.

Seriously, I'm really into your writing right now. Please don't forget about these great stories!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5