The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bed Time Story Thread~New Story~ Adventures in Being Bab
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:49 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-kay :-).

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

Post subject: Re: Bed Time Story Thread~New Story~ Little Red Riding Hood
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:24 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hahaha... ohhh, Chris, Chris, Chris. This is why I love you. ^_^ Your mind must truly work in unusual ways.

So, Willow and Tara as "F"BI agents, quoting Dirty Harry (or Sudden Impact? Can never remember) and bringing people up on charges of Breaking and Eating. It's utterly zany, and I enjoy every moment of it. I'd love to see more of this. Kind of wish our locations weren't quite so antipodal...otherwise I'd offer to play the bedee for your future bedtime stories. :)

Great to see other authors contributing to this thread!

~ Megan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:14 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great fic.

Post subject: Adventures in Being Babysat, Part 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:11 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I actually caught JuJu as she was going to bed (middle of the day, for me!). Here's what resulted. Like all my stories here, it is neither planned in advance nor betaed.

Deb, these colors are for you. ^_^

edit: ARGH. I forgot your guys might not use the subSilver forum style. The default blue Kitten style makes these unreadable...I'll change 'em again. Sorry.

edit the second: Okay, I found two colors that look okay on either forum style. That was way harder than I thought it would be.

Adventures in Being Babysat (Part 2)

Me: "You're moving it," Tara whispered.
Me: Willow shook her head adamantly. "Nuh uh. You're moving it!"
Me: Both girls watched the planchette slide across the board. Each time it settled over a letter, Willow spoke it aloud.
Me: "W...O...M...B...uh...A...T?"
Me: Tara scratched her head. "Wombat?"
Me: "I don't get it," Willow agreed.
Me: "My parents are going to bring a wombat back with them, as a gift? I'm not sure I like that idea."
JuJu: (LoL it's kind of cute ^^)
Me: "Where are they going?" Willow asked. "Australia?"
Me: "No, Aspen. They're skiers."
Me: Willow blinked. "Well, that doesn't make any sense at all, then."
Me: "Okay, let's try again. You ask, this time."
Me: "All right." Willow gave her question some thought. "Uh...what am I going to score on Friday's chemistry test?"
JuJu: (A)
JuJu: LoL
Me: Tara arched an eyebrow. "Really? Here you've got an all-seeing portal into the mystical realm, and you're going to ask it for your test score?"
Me: Willow shrugged. "I'm curious."
Me: "Come on," Tara insisted. "Ask something more...I don't know, more...more...interesting."
Me: "Like what?"
Me: "Well, I don't know. What does fate hold in store for you? What will your grow up to be like? What changes await in your love life? What--"
Me: "My what?" Willow interrupted.
JuJu: (LoL)
Me: "Your love life--you know, whether some hottie is going to notice you in the hallway at school...the stuff people usually think about? Not test scores."
Me: "Uh...you sure?"
Me: "Yeah, come on."
JuJu: (yeah come on :D)
Me: "...Okay. O great Ouija board...um...what she said," Willow commanded, nodding her head toward Tara.
Me: The planchette swept across the board, and one by one, letters rolled into view under the lens. Again, Willow called them out. "K. I. S. S. M. E."
JuJu: *grins*
Me: Willow furrowed her brow. "Kiss me? What's that supposed to mean?"
Me: Tara kept her eyes on the board. "Uh...maybe we didn't do it long enough. Maybe it didn't finish."
Me: "You mean, like...maybe M and E are the first two letters of somebody's name? Oh! Oh! Maybe they're initials!" Willow was excited. This was like a puzzle. "Hang on! I'll get last year's yearbook!"
Me: She dashed out of the room, and barreled down the stairs. When she returned, Tara was looking through the lens at various objects in Willow's room. She quickly dropped it back to the board, embarrassed.
JuJu: (LoL cute)
Me: "I got it," Willow said, and she sat down Indian-style with the book open on her lap. "Let's see...I guess we'll start with the Es. Hm. Easton... Eddings... Edwards..."
Me: She frowned. "Most of these boys don't even know I exist," Willow complained. "And the ones who do are kind of...well, jerks."
Me: "Maybe it's one of the girls," Tara suggested. Willow stared at her, startled, but Tara kept her eyes fixed on the yearbook. Her cheeks were ever-so-slightly pink.
JuJu: aww
Me: Willow continued to look at her, and eventually Tara had to look back, albeit for the briefest of moments.
Me: "Maybe," Willow replied, putting the ball back in Tara's court.
Me: They were silent for a moment. Then, Tara said, "Um...so, my turn?"
Me: "Sure," Willow shrugged. "What do you want to ask?"
Me: "Uh, how about, 'Will I be truly happy?'"
Me: "Ooo, I like that one."
Me: The planchette idled in the middle of the board for a few seconds, then slowly eased to Willow's right. "I think that's an I." It swung back the other way. "S. I. T. Y....there, we go. O. U....it stopped."
Me: "What was that, University something?" Tara asked.
Me: "ISITYOU," Willow spelled out.
Me: "Is it you?"
Me: "Or, 'I sit you.' But that makes less sense."
Me: "Maybe babysitting?"
Me: "I guess," Willow shrugged. "I think it was the first one, though."
Me: Tara frowned. "But that would mean it answered in the form of a question. Isn't that for like...Jeopardy?"
Me: It was Willow's turn to be vague and noncommittal. "Iuhno. Maybe. Beats me."
Me: "Well...maybe we should try again," Tara said, "and see if it makes more sense, this time..." Her voice was breathier than Willow remembered.
Me: "O mystifying oracle of Ouija," Willow chanted, "what fate lies ahead for me? Uh...and if you happen to know about that chem test, could you throw that in, too?"
JuJu: LOL!!!
Me: Their hands trembled as the pointer glided from letter to letter. Willow whispered each one. "I. T. S. U....It's you? Oh, wait, it's still going. R...E...I...S...I guess that's it."
Me: "What...what did it spell?" Tara asked nervously.
Me: "It sure is."
Me: "Oh...uh...what, um....what do you think it means?"
Me: Willow scooted a little closer to her. "Maybe it's answering its own question?"
Me: "Maybe..." Tara shifted so that her feet weren't tucked underneath her, closing another few inches in the process.
JuJu: (missa likes where it's goin')
Me: "About...you know...who it is?" Willow said, her voice hushed.
Me: "Mm. Maybe..." Tara stretched her back, and when she relaxed, she leaned even closer.
Me: "Were you moving it?" Willow whispered, so close that her voice brushed Tara's cheek.
Me: Tara finally lifted her eyes to Willow's, and held her gaze. "Maybe," she mouthed, then closed the last half an inch.
Me: Their lips came apart, glistening. "Were you?" Tara whispered.
Me: Willow smiled bashfully and nodded. "Definitely."

Hope you enjoyed it! Feel free to post your own.

Last edited by jasmydae on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:17 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Oh no! I missed one :( Makes me sad lol

But good none the less!

Blargh, I miss all the Willow and Tara kisses! :( *cries in emo corner*

Is that it to the Adventures? Or will there be more?

Post subject: Re: Bed Time Story Thread~Adventures in Being Babysat Part2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:32 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great update.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:35 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I really like :wtkiss

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:31 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Thank, thank you, thank you. I can see again. And not just in that ... well, whatever way. And I really enjoyed adventures in being babysat. Believe it or not, that's pretty much my favorite type of story: don't really know each other, meet, have some interaction, kiss. Works for me. Well done.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:22 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Jasmydae: you know I love those stories! :)

Artemis: As always your writing style is delightful! I loved this Red Riding Hood story. And even more the FBI. There should be one!

For once I got to be the story teller. Here it comes as it went. Please enjoy.

There's no title, I guess it'll be Juju's Bedtime story! :)

JuJu: A long time ago, in a time Priestesses and gods were still respected by all, lived a Goddess
Meg: I am. Have been bundled up in bed with my laptop this whole time
JuJu: her name was Keila
JuJu: Her function wasn't really clear, among the mortals she was known to make love blooms but also jealousy; among the Gods, she was known as the snack gal. Getting snacks for th epoker games, the video parties and all those things Gods do in their free times.
Meg: "Gods Playing Poker" hehehe
Mel: Lol!
JuJu: As you can imagine she wasn't the most respected by her peers, but she was worshipped by a large group of mortal in the Western area of the old world.
JuJu: She always had one priestess. When one would pass away, another would be reborn and already found.
JuJu: One evening, as Keila was making tiny sandwiches for theother gods, she got a message.
JuJu: "My dearest Goddess, my adoration for you knows no limits, but alas my body does and its end is near. It is time to find my heir and teach her all things a priestess has to know, your devoted Priestess MKF," it read.
Meg: :O
JuJu: Keila was saddened by this message. She loves Miss Kitty Fantastico very much, it was one of her best priestess ever. She was able to communicate both ways, to understand many things and to spread the good words. She was also able to make people understand why, sometimes, she granted mortals her love but also her jealousy, and why sometimes she granted only oneof those.
JuJu: Anyhow, she now had to send a search party through the mortal world to find the future priestess on time.
JuJu: She finished the plate and gave it to the loud gods who were fighting about a misplaced King. She then took her travelling Toga and went down to the mortal world.
JuJu: Not for the first time in her godly life, Keila thanked her peers for the Teleportation gift. It was to be cherished as the journey downstairs wasn't pleasant for a God if it wasn't made through teleportation. Indeed, you have to know that clouds are really cold an dhumid. Not at all soft like they seem to be.
JuJu: Keila arrived at her Temple not one hour after having received the message; she let herself in without any fuss. She wasn't that kind of "Show Off Gods".
JuJu: Soon she found Miss Kitty Fantastico sitting in a cozy chair, looking tired and suddenly old.
JuJu: "Child, I received your message. I am sorry to learn that your end is near. We must find your heir. Tell me who you will send, and I'll gift them with a special sight. Send three young men, one covering the North, one covering the South, and a third covering the in between toward East. They'll live tomorrow morning"
JuJu: Miss Kitty nodded and said her thanks.
JuJu: The next day, the Goddess gave the Sight to three young and solid men, and she asked her friend Hermes for protection. The journey would be long and hard until the found the One.
JuJu: As soon as the ceremony over, the men left to their quest.
JuJu: Keila took Miss Kitty Fantastico back to her temple an asked her to rest. "no need to pray me everyday, or if you do, no need to be kneeling. After all those years you and I have a special connection. The altar is necessary only for those I don't know well yet. Please rest and save your strength; you'll need it when the next Priestess will come."
Meg: poor Miss Kitty :(
JuJu: After hugs and kisses, for those two were very close, Keila went back to her world and waited patiently for her Priestess. She would give Love here and there and Jealousy here and there. But she didn't feel like going to play among mortals.
JuJu: (see? you got your kisses :p )
Mel: Lol, not what I was hoping for...
JuJu: She made herself busy by inventing a new game for her friends to play, hopefully with her. She created new snacks, and she created new Togas.
JuJu: She tried to make time flew by, she wanted for the new Priestess to be there already, she needed to meet her ad help Miss Kitty, she wanted to offer her favorite Pirestess a special afterlife. By her side of course.
JuJu: Months went by without a word from the three men. Until one afternoon...
JuJu: "Ma'am! Ma'am!" yelled a young Satyr, trying to get Keila's attention
JuJu: She looked at him and with only her eyes, she scolded him for the way he talked to her.
JuJu: "What is it Jarvis?" She asked in a cold tone. It was already bad enough that her peers disrespected her, if the Satyrs started to do so too, then it was only a step from th emortals starting to ignore her, and by doing so: kill her.
Mel: Jarvis... lol
JuJu: "You have a message from your priestess Ma'am!" And he gave her the folder papyrus
JuJu: (hush ;) I lack of inspiration for names and titles, always! LoL)
Mel: Lol
Mel: I like it
JuJu: "All men came back dearest Goddess, but a surprise awaits for you in my temple, please come! Your devoted MKF"
Mel: Ooo I like surprises!
JuJu: Right there and then, without a word to the Satyr or without putting on her travel toga, Keila teleported into her temple.
JuJu: "Oh Goddess you're here!" exclaimed Miss kitty, thankful for the arrival.
JuJu: "Of course my child, you ask me to come and I run here. What is it? What is the surprise?"
JuJu: "Look by yourself, the men have returned, but two of them have found a heir."
Meg: *smile*
Meg: How fortunate!
JuJu: Keila's godly eyebrow rose to meet her godly brushed hair. "Two? Are you sure?"
JuJu: The two concerned men took a step forward and kneeled. A dark haired one answered. "Dear Goddess, I am here as your servant, you granted me the gift of Sight to find your futue Priestess, and here she is, as I found her through your eyes."
JuJu: The other one continued, "The child I found was touchedby you my Goddess, there is no doubt that she is your future Priestess"
JuJu: Keila scratched her head in a not so godly way, and frowned. "Bring me them both."
JuJu: Two young girls were brought in front og the Goddess. One had fiery red hair, the other had blond hair. They seemed to be of the same age, probably 12. Upon closer inspection from Keila, both had indeed her mark in their aura. An idea occured to her.
Meg: (huzzah!)
JuJu: "Please young girls, hold each other's hand for a minute," she asked gently to the two overwhelmed girls.
JuJu: They obbeyed and their aura suddenly became one, it was bright and it had the colors of a rainbow. It was a rainbow.
Mel: Yay! Rainbows!
JuJu: "Thank you. My dear Priestess your heir is here. Both are one. A new time is coming," said solemnly Keila to Miss Kitty.
JuJu: It must have made sense to the old Priestess because a knowing smiled appeared on her beautiful hairy face, and her eyes shone with excitation.
JuJu: Both young girls saw the exchange and looked shyly at each other, then at their joined hands.
JuJu: They smiled at each other as they felt a wave of unexplicable happiness go from their toes to their head
Mel: Psht, I know I'd be smiling if I was holding hands with a good looking red head
JuJu: The Goddess saw that exchage and felt this wave. Yes those were the one. Just to be on the safe side, she asked, "What are your names?"
JuJu: "My name's Willow." "Tara".

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:23 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

DUBS! DABS! Er, DIBS!

Post subject: Re: Bed Time Story Thread~New Story~ Juju's Bed Timestory!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:24 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great and funny story...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:52 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great fic.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:19 pm 
3. Flaming O

loved the little red riding hood story. great idead never would have thought of it. original :peace ;-)

Post subject: Stuffed, Part 4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:06 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Stuffed is now posted on Jasmydae's Short Story Thread.

Last edited by jasmydae on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Bed Time Story Thread~Stuffed~ Part 4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:11 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Oh Megan Megan Megan...

I loved it!

Thanks so much.

Now get on one of those evening I'm the one going to bed!!! LoL.

*hugs

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:24 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay! That was awesome Megan^^

I love Willow's colorblindness haha, made me laugh so hard.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:45 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great update.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:53 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Megan: Well you know I liked the finale of Stuffed already - any chance our furry heroines may have some more adventures? Adventures in Being Babysat was very cute too, with the ouija seduction :blush

Juju: Great story, I love the mix of mythiness and humour, it put me in mind of the lighter moments from Xena (mostly with the adorable Aphrodite).

And thanks all for the feedback on the first instalment of the now-named FBI Casefiles. Thanks to Megan's indulgence (and doing the bbcode formatting) I tried writing the second one 'live', and here it is:

Me: In the Magic Kingdom, the people are represented by two separate and not really equally important groups: the town and city guards, who mostly just shove peasants out of the way whenever their boss is going anywhere in his coach, and the Fairytale Bureau of Investigation, who do all the actual work. These are their stories.
Me: Among the city of Perrault's many delicate pennant-topped towers, a two-seater broomstick suddenly popped into existence at high speed, and swerved to miss the nearest building.
Me: "Oops!"
Meg: (hehe Perrault)
Me: "It's alright," Willow said, glad that her position in the rear seat meant that Tara couldn't see how white her face had gone. "Mobile teleports are tricky like that."
Me: "Where to?" Tara asked. Willow consulted a small leatherbound book she retrieved from the broomstick's saddlebags.
Me: "Grimoire Positioning System says head north," she replied. "Down by the river."
Me: Tara swerved between a couple more of the omnipresent picturesque towers and put the broomstick into a shallow dive towards the less vertiginous outer suburbs of the city.
Me: "You're pretty good at this," Willow noted. "I always get disoriented on a broomstick."
Meg: (lol Tara's driving stick)
Me: "I like to fly," Tara said with a smile.
Me: With Willow providing directions the pair eventually set down in the back garden of a prosperous-looking townhouse. Tara left the broom idling behind a tree and joined Willow at the door, where she was finishing up a lock-pick charm.
Me: "Fairytale Bureau of Investigation!" the redhead called out as the door swung open. "We're here to help! Anyone home?"
Me: "What is a five-ten-A, anyway?" Tara asked in a whisper.
Me: "Persecuted heroine," Willow said. "There's like a zillion coded fairytale types, don't worry, you don't need to know them off by heart."
Me: "But you do?" Tara asked.
Me: "I, uh, I guess I just like lists of things," Willow shrugged with a slight blush.
Me: They looked up as a door on the upstairs landing opened, revealing a young women whose beautiful face was streaked with tears.
Meg: (haha that's the Aarne Thompson code, isn't it? Love it!)
Me: "It's okay," Willow called up to her. "We're the FBI, we're here to help. Do you have mean step-sisters, by any chance?"
Me: The woman nodded nervously.
Me: "Yup, she's the one," Willow murmured to Tara.
Me: "Her aura's off the scale," Tara replied quietly.
Me: "You can see that without a spell?"
Me: "It's a knack."
Me: "Hey?" Willow asked, walking towards the foot of the stairs. "Is it okay if we come up?" The woman again nodded.
Me: A moment later the three were sitting on the woman's plain bed, with Tara handing her tissues as she sniffled and occasionally blew her nose.
Me: Willow noted without surprise that the room, unlike the opulence of the rest of the house, was sparsely decorated, and contained furniture that mostly looked like it had already passed its use-by date.
Me: "Tell us what's happened," Tara prompted the sniffling blonde. "What's your name?"
Me: "E... Ella," she replied.
Meg: ^_^b
Me: "I-I was at the ball, and dancing, and then the clock, and I ran but, the shoe, and then I got back here and I realised, then the neighbours said, they're searching the city, and, and it's all going wrong, and she's not here, and..." She paused to take a breath.
Me: "Slow down," Tara said gently, used to dealing with high-speed jumbled babble from her partner. "Who's 'she'?"
Me: "Your fairy godmother?" Willow asked. Ella looked at her, surprised, and nodded.
Me: "I-I didn't think anyone would believe me if I told them," she said.
Me: "We've dealt with fairy godmothers before," Willow assured her.
Me: "So... you can, um, keep her away?" Ella asked.
Me: "Oh boy," Willow sighed. "I was worried it was a bad one. Yes, we can ward you from her, if that's what you want. Tell us what she did."
Me: "W-well, I... I wanted to go to the ball, and be one of the pretty ladies and everything, but then she just appeared and told me I would go to the ball, and there was this dress, and these really uncomfortable shoes, and I wasn't sure I really wanted to, I mean, my first time out, but the coachmen took me and drove me there and... and then it all started going wrong. More wrong, I mean."
Me: "How?" Tara asked.
Me: "It was like I was just a, a character in a story," Ella said forlornly. "The coachmen took me into the ballroom, and then I saw the prince, and he ignored everyone else and we were dancing and I was saying all these, these courtly romance things, I don't know where it came from, and... It was like there was some script in my head, and I had to go through it."
Me: "You didn't want to dance with the prince?" Willow asked.
Me: "Well... he's good-looking, sure, but I don't even know him. I mean, I'd have liked to chat a bit first, you know? Before the actual dancing and so on. He, um, I think he asked me to marry him, and I kind of... I might've agreed, which I totally shouldn't have done! And then the clock struck twelve, and the coachmen got chased away by a cat and I was suddenly, um, myself again, and I ran away."
Me: "And you lost one of the shoes on the way out?" Willow prompted her.
Me: "Actually I got rid of both of them," Ella said sheepishly. "Have you ever tried to run in four-inch heels made of glass? But one of them landed in a flowerpot and didn't smash, and now they're all saying that the prince has it, and has vowed to marry whichever of his subjects it fits, and they're going to find me and I'll have to marry him, and..."
Me: "You don't have to marry anyone you don't want to," Tara assured her.
Me: Willow, who had assumed an expression of intense mental calculation, looked over at Tara.
Me: "I've got a plan," she said suddenly. "What shoe size are you?"
Me: =====
Meg: :D
Me: Several minutes later, Willow and Ella listened from the kitchen as the royal guards tramped into the hall and demanded that all the ladies of the house produce their feet for princely inspection. Ella cringed.
Me: "He's not that bad," she said apologetically, "but he's a prince, I think he's just used to everyone automatically doing whetever he says."
Me: "I know the type from school," Willow nodded.
Me: "I never really wanted any of this," Ella sighed sadly. "I, I guess I imagined it, but it was just a fantasy, you know? Be a gorgeous lady, go to the ball, dance with the prince, love at first sight, all that. I never wanted it to be real. I guess it's kind of my fault, though-"
Me: "No," Willow cut her off. "Good fairy godmothers know the difference between dreams and reality. This isn't your fault."
Me: "Why did she do all this?" Ella wondered.
Me: "We'll find her," Willow promised. "There are ways to track them, we'll find out what she's up to."
Me: Outside there were the confused sounds of the prince discovering that the woman the shoe fit perfectly wasn't in fact the woman he thought it would be.
Me: "Will she be okay?" Ella asked.
Me: "The Bureau's got a lot of clout," Willow nodded. "Not even a prince would make trouble for an agent. Besides, she's not his subject, so his vow doesn't apply."
Me: They listened a moment longer, and Willow smiled in satisfaction as the guards tramped out again, followed by a well-spoken but petulant voice complaining that it was all very inconvenient, and frankly he'd rather just put the whole mess behind him...
Me: "That sounds like it's done the trick," Willow smiled.
Me: "What did?" Ella asked.
Me: "The story's broken," Willow explained. "Fairy godmothers use stories, and tweak them a bit to fit whoever they're casting them on. The good ones do it to help people get what they need, the bad ones do it because it lets than manipulate people. I wouldn't be surprised if she was playing both sides here, planting suggestions in the prince's mind as well. He probably 'just knew' to come right here, instead of checking every house in the city. But if you give the story a big enough whack, it'll break, and the attached spells dissipate with it."
Me: "You weren't kidding about uncomfortable," Tara complained, limping into the kitchen with one glass shoe in her hand. "I nearly twisted my ankle just standing up."
Me: "B-but, it had to fit exactly," Ella protested.
Meg: Tara has magic feet. :O
Me: "Fitting charm," Tara explained. "They were a bit surprised when the shoe changed size a bit as I put it on, but I said they were magic shoes, and everyone seemed to think that made sense."
Me: "Witches can always buy off-the-rack," Willow grinned.
Me: "It's over?" Ella asked hopefully.
Me: "We'll ward you against the godmother, and take a full statement when you're up for it so we can start trying to trace her," Willow said.
Me: "Do you have any idea why she'd have wanted you to marry the prince?" Tara asked. "Not that you're not prince-marrying material, if that's what you wanted, but she doesn't sound like that kind of godmother."
Me: "No, I know what you mean," Ella said. "I... don't know. Unless she wanted to really, really embarrass the royal family. I mean, once he'd made the vow he'd have to marry me, and..."
Me: "And what?" Willow asked. "Do they have some silly rule against marrying commoners?"
Me: "No, no that's not it," Ella shook her head. "Like I said, the whole thing, being a beautiful lady and going to the ball and dancing with the prince, it's just a fantasy."
Me: "How come?"
Me: "Well," Ella said, removing the wig, "for a start, my name's not Ella, it's Edwin, and... well, you get the idea."
Me: ~ The End ~

Post subject: Re: Bed Time Story Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:36 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

DIBS!!! :)

This was delightful! Thank you!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:51 am 
19. Yummy Face

ROTFLMAO! Really funny one!

Post subject: Adventures in Being Babysat, Part 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:18 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Here's part three, told to JuJu at a suspiciously early "bedtime." ^_~ Like all my stories here, it is neither planned in advance nor betaed, so goof-ups are likely and entirely my fault.

Adventures in Being Babysat (Part 3)

Me: Donny sighed and put down his Game Boy. He'd beaten Super Mario Land three times in a row, and it was starting to get old.
JuJu: (aaah good ol'Game Boy!!!)
Me: He considered starting in on his Choose Your Own Adventure book, but knew that it was going to be a long week, and that he'd need something to keep him busy, later.
Me: "Might as well see if Tare's watching TV," he grumbled to himself. Even hanging out with his sister was better than this endless boredom.
JuJu: (uh oh)
Me: The door to Willow's room was closed, so he figured Tara had already gone to sleep. He wasn't surprised; sleeping the days away was one way to make them pass more quickly. Maybe that meant the TV wasn't being used.
Me: Three steps farther down the hallway, he remembered that Tara being in Willow's room meant that Willow was on the sofa. "Darn it." He couldn't watch TV--not with that oddball in there.
JuJu: (oddball?!!! Little Jerk!!!)
Me: He hesitated, considering whether a trip downstairs to check was worth it, when he heard the first giggle.
Me: It was followed by another. Now curious, Donny inched closer to Willow's door.
Me: From inside, he heard bouts of laughter fading. Somebody gasped.
JuJu: why? what are they doin?
Me: He leaned forward and cupped his ear to the door.
Me: "Ohhh my god," he heard. That was his sister's voice, but quiet and breathy. What the hell?
JuJu: (raises eyebrow)
Me: He reached for the handle, paused, then withdrew his hand. He cleared his throat, but his voice still came out hoarsely. "Uh, Tare?"
Me: Silence. Two seconds. Four. Finally, her voice. "...Yeah?"
Me: "Can I come in?"
Me: "Um, yeah."
Me: He swung open the door and saw both girls lying on their stomachs on Willow's bed. Between them lay a magazine, which Tara's hand was surreptitiously covering. Probably one of those silly Seventeen magazines Tara always had lying around their house, Donny figured.
Me: "Just wanted to see if anyone was watching TV," he said, "but I guess not."
Me: "Nope! All yours," Willow offered.
Me: "Cool. Thanks. Tare, you wanna watch something?"
Me: Tara shook her head. "Uh, no thanks. I'm probably gonna go to sleep soon."
Me: "All right. G'night."
Me: Donny left the room and headed downstairs, shaking his head. "Girls."
Me: ===
Me: Fifteen seconds later, Tara's heart began beating again. "That was close," she groaned.
Me: Willow shoved the Ranger Rick magazine, which she had hastily nabbed from atop her desk, under the bed.
JuJu: (wanna know!!)
JuJu: LoL
Me: Her complexion was paler than usual. "You okay?" Tara asked.
Me: "Uh huh," Willow muttered. She stood up and wiped her hands on the front of her pants. "I should, uh...I should go to bed."
Me: "Wait, Willow. It's not even..." Tara looked around confusedly. "What time is it?"
Me: Willow checked her watch. "Almost eleven thirty."
Me: "Eleven thirty? No!" Where had the time gone? "But we finished dinner at...what, seven?"
Me: Willow shrugged.
JuJu: héhéhé
Me: "I'm not even a little tired," Tara admitted.
Me: "But you said you were going to sleep, soon..."
Me: "Oh, I just said that so he'd go away."
Me: Willow looked toward the door, which Donny hadn't closed behind him. "Oh."
Me: "Are you? Tired, I mean?"
Me: Willow still stood in the center of the room, looking uncertain. "A little, I guess."
Me: Tara frowned and rolled over to sit on the edge of the bed. "Hey, wait...Willow, are you...are you like...freaked out, or something?"
JuJu: nononononononononononono!!!
Me: "No, I...uh...I don't know. I don't think so, but..." Willow waved her hands around, as though by doing so she could complete her thought.
Me: Tara patted the mattress next to her, and Willow edged closer and sat.
Me: "I've never kissed anyone," Willow whispered.
Me: "Mm hm." Tara nodded, wanting her to continue.
JuJu: Lucky Willow, she scored on her first kiss!!!
Me: "Well...I mean...now what?"
Me: "Oh," Tara said, figuring out what Willow was talking about. "We were caught up in a moment, yeah...and it...uh, almost became an embarrassing moment." She shook her head. "But it's not like we have to do anything else."
JuJu: (wish I had been in their room. Booh)
Me: (this story needs to retain some semblance of family-friendliness :p)
JuJu: (lol I know... damn rules ^^)
Me: "I meant more like...what about school?"
Me: Tara blinked. Damn, was her mind in the gutter. "Oh. Right. Uh...what about school?"
Me: Willow looked at her. "Tara, you're...you know, cool. I'm decidedly not so. I use words like 'decidedly,' for gosh sakes. Half of your friends make fun of me on a daily basis."
JuJu: (awww wanna hug her..; Tara hug her!!)
Me: "Hey, I've used 'decidedly,'" Tara said defensively. She paused. "Uh, once or twice."
Me: She shook her head. "Willow, half of my friends are stupid. And that's...giving a lot of credit to the other half, you know?"
Me: Willow arched an eyebrow. "So you'll casually mention that you made out with Willow Rosenberg at lunch, and they'll all just change their tune, huh?"
Me: Tara grimaced. "No, you're right. They won't. Willow, I wasn't thinking about school. I was just...honestly, I was just...it was all dark and mysterious...and you were there, and cute...and...and you were hesitant to ask about that kind of stuff..."
JuJu: what is she doing? :O is she backing out?
Me: She rubbed Willow's arm. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."
Me: Willow smiled grimly. "It's okay. So...d'ya always smooch your Ouija Board partners?"
Me: Tara snorted. "No, you're the first."
Me: "You think I'm cute?"
Me: "Decidedly so," Tara replied with a coy grin.
JuJu: (grins sleepily)
Me: Willow chuckled. "You used 'decidedly.'"
Me: "All the cool people are doing it."
Me: Willow peered at her through narrow eyes. "So...you think girls are cute?"
Me: "Some of 'em."
Me: "...Me, too."

Hope you enjoyed it! Feel free to post your own.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:50 pm 
3. Flaming O

DIBS!!!
love it keep uo the good work
please upate again *leaves a plate of choc chip cookies* hopefully these will persuade you lol ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:04 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Way to go Willow! I'm glad she called Tara on the whole issue of their social standing. I mean it's hardly like, hey we made out, let's walk hand in hand through high school. I guess Tara's the one that has to make some decisions here like drop it or keep Willow hidden or come out (not as lesbian but as into a geek). Well done Willow!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:58 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great fic.
Great update.

Post subject: An Imaginary Friend, Part 6
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:06 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Here's the sixth part of the story about Willow's not-exactly-imaginary friend. Mel was the audience. Like all of mine in the thread, this is neither planned in advance nor betaed.

An Imaginary Friend (Part 6)

Me: "Do you have to?" Willow whined. She was walking along the outer edge of a small park a few blocks from the restaurant. Tara kept pace beside her.
Me: "I really do. I'm sorry. I'll try to make it as quick as I can," Tara assured her.
Me: "You'll come back, right? I just...I'm scared it'll be like before..."
Me: Tara stepped in front of Willow and placed her hands on Willow's arms, effectively stopping her in place. "I promise. I'll be right back here as soon as I'm able. I don't want to leave you, either. But this is...it's highly unusual. People aren't supposed to see me. I'm sure there's a reason for it--maybe it's good, maybe not--but either way, it's got to be reported."
Me: "Stupid kid," Willow muttered under her breath.
Mel: Oh yea, i forgot all about the kid who saw her...
Me: "Can you at least stay the night?" Willow really wasn't looking forward to spending a night alone in bed. How funny--she'd slept by herself every night of her life before the last week, and it had never struck her as a lonely, but now that she knew what it felt like to curl up next to somebody, facing a night alone sounded dreadful.
Me: Tara frowned. "I really can't. I'm so sorry. I'll walk you home, but then I've got to go."
Mel: I second that Willow, being alone sucks...
Me: The house was entirely too empty. Willow didn't know what to do with herself. She wandered into the kitchen and looked through the cabinets, although she had just eaten and wasn't the least bit hungry. She spied an old newspaper among the piles of mail that were taking over the center counter, and she flipped to the crossword puzzle.
Me: Tara had walked her home, as promised, and given her a hug on the doorstep. Willow had stopped to unlock the door, and when she had turned back, Tara was already gone. She supposed it was better that way; drawn out goodbyes only made it harder.
Me: When Millie came into the kitchen, Willow tolerated the chit chat for a minute or two, then diplomatically extracted herself from the conversation and headed up to her room.
Mel: Ouch... poor Millie
Me: She wasted several hours on her computer, clicking with one hand while idly spinning a pen with the other. The pen clattered to the desk top numerous times; once it rolled to the floor, and when she leaned down to retrieve it, an idea popped into her head.
Me: Willow scrounged through her drawer of supplies and retrieved several sheets of lined paper and an envelope. She dated the top of one page, and scrawled Tara on the front of the envelope.
Me: She lost track of time while she wrote, and she was surprised when Millie knocked on her door to ask whether she was still awake--it was after midnight!
Me: "Uh, yeah...I was just going to bed," she said.
Me: She slipped the unfinished letter into the envelope and slid it between her mattress and bed frame.
Me: Willow got under the covers, lay on her back, and groaned. "Yeah, like I'm going to fall asleep tonight..."
Me: Five minutes later, she was fast asleep.
Mel: Hehe, silly Willow
Me: In the blurry world between waking and slumber, Willow imagined Tara. She thought of the first day she'd seen her, on the school bus three years ago. Her tummy replicated its response--an odd mix of admiration and something warm and fluttery. She remembered how sure of herself Tara had been, how unaffected by the actions of others. Tara had singled her out, devoted herself to Willow for the day. Up until she disappeared, it had been the best day Willow had ever had.
Me: She thought of sleeping with Tara. How comfortable it was, and how easily sleep came when her angel's arm was draped over the dip in her side. When Tara's fingers rested upon her tummy. When Tara's nose barely touched the back of her neck. She liked feeling the slight tilt in the mattress when Tara crawled into bed beside her. The sound of Tara fluffing her pillow. "For maximum cushionity," she had once explained.
Mel: ^^ can't beat that
Me: While these thoughts crackled and whirred through Willow's mind, it slowly dawned on her that they were not entirely imagined. There was a rustling of the blanket. There was breath caressing her shoulder. There were ice-cold toes pressing against her calves! "Gyaaahhh!" Willow cringed, now fully awake.
Mel: o-o
Me: "Sorry," Tara whispered. "The floor's cold out there..." Mercilessly, she wriggled her feet between Willow's, borrowing her warmth.
Me: Willow shimmied to her other side, and had to yank the blanket from underneath herself, since it seemed determined to roll with her. She studied Tara's face in the dim light. "You made it back? For tonight?" she asked hopefully.
Me: "Mm hm." Tara nestled closer and tried to entwine her feet between Willow's, but Willow managed to loop a section of the sheet around them, first.
Me: "So? How'd it go?"
Me: "It went well. Turns out they already knew about it. They wouldn't give me all the details, but they hinted that the boy's something special, which usually amounts to his becoming one of the angelic higher-ups. Might even have second choir potential. There'll be some extra work for me, but nothing that should be too distracting."
Me: Willow blinked. "Huh. What kind of work?"
Me: "Well, since I'm already here, and he's local, I'll probably be asked to look after him from time to time, and to act...kind of as a guide, I suppose. Just so you know, you'll probably get dragged into it, too."
Me: "Me?" The thought of being responsible for guiding a future archangel did not sit well with Willow.
Me: Tara giggled. "It's not going to be anything difficult or scary. I promise. Just be you. They said it was going to be helpful for you, too. Not sure exactly what they meant by that, but they've always got a plan, and they know what they're doing."
Mel: >.> I hope you aren't gonna end the story how I think you are gonna end it
Me: (story's completely unplanned. i have no idea how i'm going to and it. :p)
Me: Willow gulped and nodded. She and Tara had an unspoken agreement that she would not ask who they were. She had touched on it, several nights ago, and Tara had said it was best for people to believe what they felt suited them; inside information would make things more confusing.
Me: "I'll, uh...I'll do my best? How am I even going to meet him, again, though?"
Me: "Oh, you know." Tara rolled her eyes. "These things have a way of working out," she said, obviously reciting words she'd heard, herself.
Me: "Mmm. Sleepy," Willow said.
Mel: Right there with you...
Me: Tara settled herself against a pillow and patted her shoulder. "C'mere."
Me: With her cheek nudging the swell of Tara's breast, her knee resting on Tara's thigh, and her arm wrapped securely around Tara's waist, Willow found the most comfortable sleep in the world. Perfect.

Hope you enjoyed it. I'd love to see your own bedtime stories. ^_^ This thread's for everybody.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:51 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:48 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great update.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:32 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

awww..the ending was so sweet.. :pinky
*sigh*..wish I had a Tara in my bed :blush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:13 am 
10. Troll Hammer

notsayingawordnotsayingawordnotsayingaword (Altho I still wish soemtimes the company which made Muppetoid versions of Angel and SPike would doa Tara and a Harmony; sigh-um.)

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:41 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Testing the logging functionality of the new chat room. Which rocks, by the way! Everyone should stop by. ^_^b

Stuffed--Arc Two: Mix-up (Part 1)

Me: It was a gray, rainy afternoon.
Stephanie: in Miami, too
Chris: It is a hot and sunny afternoon in Switzerland
Stephanie: not lucky on the hot, but lucky on the sunny
Me: Slender droplets of water spattered the window, leaving a series of vertical streaks.
Stephanie: that it did
Me: From her perch on the upper shelf, Dawn stared glumly at the glass. She turned and poked Buffy's horn.
Stephanie: Buffy's horn?
Stephanie: oh
Me: "Stop it," said the unicorn. She was busying herself working a tangle out of her tail.
Stephanie: it's a bed time story!
Chris: *pretends to go to bed*
Stephanie: i'm in my bed, bring on the story
Me: "But I'm *bored*," Dawn complained. She idly played with the zipper on her pouch, whipping it back and forth frenetically. Zip! Zip! Zipzipzipzipzip ...
Me: "WILL YOU CUT THAT OUT!" Buffy bellowed, fixing a stern gaze on the kangaroo. Dawn sprang backwards, teetered on the edge of the shelf, then secured herself by grabbing one of the supports.
Stephanie: poor Dawnie
Me: She could tell Buffy was a lost cause. With a sigh, Dawn moved to the far end of the shelf, in search of other entertainment.
Me: Momma removed the thermometer from Simon's mouth and frowned at the reading. "Still too warm," she said to herself. She gazed out the window, seemingly lost in deep thought.
Me: Finally she shook her head. "That's it. I'm taking you to the doctor's. It's been too long."
Me: Simon groaned. "I don't wanna."
Me: "I know. I know, sweetie. But Dr. Beaumont will be able to help you feel better."
Me: "Can I bring Tara?"
Stephanie: Tara makes everything better
Chris: no argument there
Me: Momma smile warmly. "Of course you can." She moved to the shelves and scanned them for the faded blue bear and found her on the top shelf with a cat and kangaroo beside her.
Me: When she lifted Tara from the pile, the cat rose, too, and dangled by her tail from one of Tara's paws. Momma inspected the fusion of stuffed animal and found a wad of gum between them.
Me: "Don't go!" shrieked Willow. "They can't take you to the hospital! They'll jab you with needles!"
Chris: lol
Stephanie: that's what i tell my mother -_-
Me: "Willow! Help!" Tara clawed at the bedding and managed to find the tip of Willow's tail. She clung on for dear life.
Me: "Ew," said Momma. She poked at the dried gum, then looked at Simon. "Don't you think one of the others would like to go, instead?"
Me: "I want Tara."
Chris: Don't we all?
Me: She sighed. "Okay, dear. Well, it's a package deal, then."
Stephanie: ^^
Me: Willow couldn't remember ever being in a car. It was both frightening and exciting. She darted from one end of the seat to the other, scrambling over Simon's lap every few seconds.
Me: Tara managed to keep her from bonking her face against the glass on either end. After a few minutes, Willow started to feel nauseous from all the moving scenery.
Me: She wobbled, listing to one side, then flopped heavily onto the seat. "Urggh ... I don't feel so ... " She hiccoughed wetly.
Stephanie: now she's making me nauseous
Me: "There, there, honey," Tara cooed. She rubbed circled on Willow's underside with her free paw. "Keep your eyes on something standing still and think of, um ... "
Me: "All I can think of is the dryer," the cat whined.
Chris: Me?
Me: "Think of a nice, warm bed. A stationary bed. With crisp sheets, still crackling from the dryer."
Me: Willow purred. "Mm. That does sound nice."
Me: "Doesn't it? You can crawl under the covers and poke just the tip of your nose out, like you always do." Tara smiled at the thought. Willow was a creature of habits, and she found each one endearing.
Stephanie: aww
Me: Willow's breathing became a deep, steady thrumming, and soon she was sleeping soundly. While they were stopped at a red light, Momma glanced back from the front seat.
Me: "Simon, can you see if you can get those two apart?"
Me: Lines creased the space between his eyebrows. "But Momma, they love each other."
Stephanie: ~)
Chris: awwww
Chris: out from the mouth of babes
Me: A whiskered face planted itself against the cold glass panel. Willow peered outside.
Me: "That's ... that's it?" She sounded unimpressed.
Me: "It does seem rather small," Tara agreed. She had imagined a several floors, each lined with windows, and vehicles with flashing lights teeming on the grounds.
Stephanie: sounds like my doctor's office
Me: Instead, they were looking at a squat building with a parking lot that could hold maybe two dozen cars, but was nearly empty.
Me: "I told you we weren't going to the hospital," Willow hissed. "She took us to the ... " she glanced warily into the front seat, then lowered her voice to a whisper " ... the *vet!*"
Me: Tara shuddered involuntarily, and tried to keep her voice even. "W-well, Momma's probably worried that we've caught Simon's cold."
Me: "Come on, sweetie," Momma called. She tapped on the window, and Willow leaped backward a foot.
Me: Beside them, Simon groaned, then scooched over. He got a hold of Tara, and the animals trailed behind him.
Me: Willow frantically tried to bolt in the other direction. Her paws raced furiously over the pavement, but they could not find purchase.
Me: "Oh, Simon! You're getting them all dirty!" Momma scolded. She stooped down to lift the cat, and placed her into Simon's outstretched arms.
Me: They entered, and the gaping maw of the building snapped shut behind them.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Last edited by jasmydae on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next