The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bed Time Story Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:26 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 1
*edited by xita

Last edited by MelCar19 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Strawberry Flavored Lollipops --- A Bed Time Story
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:10 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

cute! And I agree with Tara, Willow's an alien. Though I'm not sure about the red hair part makingher an alien.

*checks her red hair then checks the USA form she was asked to fill out for a visa...*

Ok it says "Alien's name" so I guess I am a Alien.

Yay! Can I have a strawberry lollipop shoved into my palm by a cute little Tara?

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:20 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Indeed cute. And funny. And I don't have questions. But thank you for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:59 pm 
3. Flaming O

That really was a cute story, thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:48 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

That was cute..and might I add,funny..
Could you bring another bed time story?maybe you can put ..you know,something naughty to add up to the story hehe

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:52 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hahahaha, I love that you posted this. ^_^ Maybe we should turn this into a "bedtime story" thread, hm?

Post subject: Re: A Bed Time Story Thread ~ Strawberry Flavored Lollipops
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:32 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Alright so first order of business is feedback

------------------------------------------

Juju~ Thanks! Lol who but Willow could resist a strawberry flavored lollipop? And red hair doesn't mark someone as an alien but where I come from red hair is a rarity. Maybe little Tara just never saw someone with red hair before

Wilgen~ Thanks^^

ScottishAsh~ Thanks and your welcome ;-)

arsyadriani~ Uh, well... I don't do that kind of writing, sorry to disappoint :blush

jasmydae~ Of course I posted it Juju kept bugging me^^ Lol, just kidding I would have posted it anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I decided, with the help of Megan, that I should turn this into a bed time story thread where everyone can post their bed time stories. My only rule is that it doesn't go over board (That means no smut stories, sorry folks)

I wanna keep this at a kids level 'cause, you know, that's the point of bed time stories... they are for kids.

I really want to read other bed time stories from you kittens, so get working on some! :whip

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:46 am 
23. Volumey Text

Cute story.

Post subject: Stuffed, Part 1
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:40 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Stuffed is now posted on Jasmydae's Short Story Thread.

Last edited by jasmydae on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:51 am, edited 9 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:17 am 
23. Volumey Text

Cute.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:19 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Hehe, just as good the second time around! :party

Post subject: Re: A Bed Time Story Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:31 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
There are very cute. Strawberry Flavored Lollipops was adorable - alien indeed - and novel to have Tara be the eccentric one, at least from our and Willow's point of view. And Stuffed really touched a chord - the image of Tara as the early-childhood toy, now time-worn but well cared-for and treasured, really hit home for me (my equivalent is an orange dog called Friend that, I'm told, I got one day after I was born). I hope we'll see more of both stories, whenever you two feel inspired - and please continue to leave each other's occasional interjections in, they add an extra sense of vitality to things :)

Post subject: Re: A Bed Time Story Thread ~ New Story- Stuffed ~ May 19th
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:06 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

So this one might not make a whole lot of sense, since it's a continuation of a story I started telling several chapters ago, but the first few were lost to the Internet. The first chapter of this story is what started the whole bedtime story idea...wish I could share it. >_<

The short, short version of what came before this:

* Middle-school aged Willow was getting on the school bus for her first day of a new school year. She was scared, because she was often picked on at school. Nobody would sit with her, until Tara showed up and did so.

* Tara said she was new to the school district, and asked if Willow could show her around. Willow at once admired her. She was pretty, friendly, fearless--all the things Willow wished she could be.

* After spending much of the day together, they sat at a table in the cafeteria, where Xander Harris approached. Willow and Xander began talking, Willow said something to Tara, and Xander asked, "Who are you talking to?" Tara was gone.

* The story jumps a few years ahead. Tara has never reappeared. Willow is now in high school, and--thanks to that one day where she had a friend and wasn't so scared of everything, she's now got a small group of friends, and she is much more sure of herself. She is convinced that Tara was an imaginary friend, made up because she was so lonely. Willow believes she might be a little bit crazy, and that scares her.

* Her Junior year, Willow has the Worst Day Ever. Her fish die, for starters, then her parents get into an accident while carpooling from work. They die in the hospital. Willow is now at home with her aunt (mom's sister), Millie.

Like all in the bedtime story thread, this is not planned ahead of time, not proofread, and not edited.

An Imaginary Friend (Part 3)

Me: Willow was curled up in bed, clutching her pillow to her front like a lifeline. The room was pitch black; she'd even tugged the cord of her alarm clock out of the wall.
Me: She hadn't cried in an hour, which was a record for the night. Her emotions swung from despair and hopelessness to an eerie sense of calm--as thought she would at any moment wake from a dream and smell the thick aroma of coffee curling up from the kitchen. Her parents always drank coffee--black, which Willow could never understand--in the morning, before work.
Me: But Millie was not a coffee drinker. Millie was the type to steep tea in the fridge overnight to make homemade iced tea, straining it slowly through cheesecloth. When Willow would visit Millie's home, with her parents, she rather liked the beverages available, but right now anything other than coffee seemed like an outrage. Irrational pulses of anger were seeping into her thoughts.
Me: It was in this utter blackness, this bleak, soul-crumbling darkness, that Willow at last heard Tara's melodic voice.
Me: It started as a humming, at first indistinguishable from the jingles that get stuck in your head and implant themselves so deeply in your brain that they can not be dislodged for weeks at a time. She recognized the notes, but couldn't recall the title.
Mel: Yankee doodle?
Me: When Tara's slender fingers eased their way under her arm and snaked around her hip to splay across Willow's tummy, she realized that the tune was not hers.
Mel: Yay! Tara is real again!
Me: And without words, Willow allowed herself to lean backward. Tara folded around her, contacting her body from toe to whispered breath. Willow felt it brush the back of her neck.
Me: She released a sigh that spoke volumes--of sore joints and aching feet, from the endless pacing of hospital hallways; of shuddering sobs racking her body; of heavy eyelids, held aloft to bear witness to her mother's closing one last time.
Mel: :-(
Me: And Tara breathed hope. But to Willow, it was hope laced with bitter cloves, for she knew Tara to be nothing more than a figment of her mind losing its tentative grasp on reality.
Mel: *Cry* Tara needs to be real
Me: But this figment was holding her. The weight of her arm pressed gently into Willow's side. Tara's toes tickled the back of Willow's heels. Tara's body, heavy on the mattress behind her, caused a shallow slope which Willow's relaxed into.
Me: And Willow begged, "Tara...stay?"
Mel: Doooo it!
Me: And Tara whispered against the soft hairs on the back of Willow's neck, "I'll stay."
Mel: Yessss
Me: And Willow pleaded, "Be here in the morning?"
Mel: Doooo it!
Me: And Tara pressed her lips against the pocket between Willow's vertebrae, then again, one lower.
Mel: Is that a yes?
Me: "I." *kiss* "promise." *kiss*
Mel: Yay!
Me: And Willow implored, "Hold me til I fall asleep?"
Mel: Once again, doooo it!
Me: (hee)
Me: And Tara scooted up as Willow rolled over and nestled into the hollow next to her shoulder, and she wrapped her arm around the poor girl, anchoring her, and she captured Willow's foot between her own, and she promised, "I will."
Mel: :-D
Me: And Willow tumbled toward slumber, and her lids drooped, and her muscles released their week's backordered tension, and she murmured, "Don't be make-believe..."
Mel: That's it, I want a sweet Tara in my story now
Me: And Tara ran her fingers through Willow's mane, and felt the girl sink into her. And long after Willow's breathing had settled, and came in a slow, even rhythm, Tara breathed to the empty room, "I never was."
Mel: o-o
Mel: O_O!!!!!
Me: ===
Mel: I forgot about the people who can disappear! Silly me
Me: Willow was parched. She felt individual bristles on her tongue sticking to the top of her mouth.
Me: Water. It pulled her from a quasi-dream state. Her body felt like lead. She had really needed the sleep.
Me: She was sore. She hated to admit it, but the days in the hospital had required more physical motion that she was used to...in short, Willow was out of shape.
Me: She flexed her fingers, and could hardly move them. Huh. Guess I'm sleepier than I thought. She tried again, but they seemed stuck.
Me: As the final layers of slumber lifted their veil, clarity offered an explanation--another set of fingers were fit between her own, holding them still.
Me: Something is different.
Mel: Hot blonde wrapped around you? I think so
Me: She craned her neck and peered into the near-perfect darkness. If I say it, will it all stop?
Me: "...Tara?"
Me: It was just a squeak of a question, all her fears dribbling it past her lips.
Me: Willow felt a gentle squeeze of her hand. "Mm?"
Me: Even a monosyllabic throat-noise sounded beautiful when shaped by Tara's mouth.
Me: "Am I...crazy?"
Me: "Pr'bly a li'l," Tara's voice mumbled through the darkness.
Me: "Like really, certifiably, should be in an institution crazy?"
Me: "Oh." The body beside her shimmied a little bit, and Willow felt blood rush back to her right foot. "No."
Me: "Even though I make up...uh...well, not exactly best friends...something...uh...else?"
Me: There was a long pause. Willow knew that her imaginary...Tara...was calculating the metric of Willow's sanity, using her own presence as an input. It struck Willow as an oddly existential equation.
Me: "Willow," cooed Tara, "you didn't make me up."
Mel: Ooooh I wanna know what Tara is!
Me: "But real people can't, uh...you know...magically appear on a school bus, then fade from existence for three years, then ... poof! In bed. You know?"
Me: "...not that I am complaining, mind you," she added as an afterthought.
Mel: I swear that if you leave this off without telling me what Tara is I will come to Maryland and beat you...
Me: o_O
Mel: >.<
Mel: Lol
Mel: Ok
Mel: Ill change that to "Ill cry"
Me: "I'm not a person," Tara whispered. She brushed aside a stray strand of Willow's hair, her aim startling precise in the darkened room. "I'm your angel."
Mel: Yay!
Me: And the word slid through Willow, straight to her heart, and it coated it with warmth and love and infinite tenderness. What power a single word could have.
Me: your
Me: yeeeaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwnnnn

Last edited by jasmydae on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Bed Time Story Thread~New Story-An Imaginary Friend~May
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:31 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 8
aww so sweet. please update soon.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:07 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great update.

Post subject: Stuffed Part Two
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:19 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Last edited by jasmydae on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:59 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Ooooo, skay-ah-wee!

Try as I might, as a kid I could never give my animals that much eprsonality; I was going thru the mtoions with them. My duaghter, tho, loved so much personality into ehr critters even I started noticing things, like their expressions changing.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

Post subject: Re: Bed Time Story Thread~New Story-Stuffed Part2!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:51 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Yay! Loved it!

On another note... what's with you people not posting your own bed time stories?!?! Let's get to it!

Post subject: An Imaginary Friend (Part 4)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:41 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Here's a continuation of the original bedtime story. Like all in the thread, this is neither planned in advance nor betaed, but hopefully it's entertaining in its own way!

An Imaginary Friend (Part 4)

Me: "So how's this going to work, exactly?" Willow asked. She had her eyes closed, and she was leaning back against Tara, who held her.
Me: "How do you mean?"
Me: "Well, I mean, what happens when somebody else is around, for example? Uh, last time you kind of, you know, went poof, and then I didn't see you for ages."
Me: She sighed in utter contentment when Tara brought a warm sponge to the back of her neck. She dipped her chin lower, barely skimming the bathwater, and swept wet strands of hair out of the way for easier access.
Mel: o-o They are in a bath?
Me: "As far as I know, nobody else will be able to see me," Tara said.
Me: Willow swiveled a few inches around, swishing the water as the turned. "What do you mean, as far as you know?"
Me: "Well, I'm kind of new at this."
Me: "Oh." It hadn't really crossed Willow's mind that angels had beginnings. "Well, so how'd that work? Were you assigned to me, or something?"
Me: "Not exactly. We got to pick, but..." Tara lathered up Willow's scalp while she searched for the right words. "I think there might have been some kind kind of...um...I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say. We were told we'd get to choose who we'd be angels for, but you were the first person I saw, and I just kind of...I knew. If that makes any sense. I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't picked you; once I saw you, it wasn't an option."
Mel: Awww ^^
Me: "So, does everybody have an angel?"
Me: Tara paused the conversation and shifted backward to lower Willow's head back toward the water, and she began rinsing the suds from her hair, eliciting a happy purr.
Me: "I don't think so. Not from what I heard, anyway."
Me: Willow frowned. She wasn't sure what to think about that. On the one hand, it did kind of make her feel special. It made her Tara seem that much more precious. But it also meant that there were people out there who were completely alone, which is what she had always feared.
Me: "Why me?" she wondered aloud. "How come I get a...you?" When Tara's fingers continued their massage of her scalp, she added, "Not that I am in any way complaining..."
Me: "I didn't ask," Tara admitted. "But you...it seemed like you needed an angel. Maybe it's need-based. Turn?"
Me: She maneuvered her body around, an awkward motion that sloshed some water over the edge of the tub. Willow usually poured deep baths, and she hadn't expected the extra body at the time. When she settled back into the water, Tara guided her feet to either side of her, and Willow felt Tara's toes wriggle underneath her. Tara lathered up the bath sponge and attacked her feet, and Willow squirmed, on the brink of ticklishness.
Mel: Willow is ticklish on her feet!
Me: "So are...yeeeh...are you really sta...eee...staying for good? I mean, you're not disappearing, again?"
Mel: *listens intently*
Me: "I'd like to. It's...I mean, I don't really have the ultimate say, of course. But I like being here. It brings back memories."
Me: "Memories? Of what?"
Mel: Oh jeez, Willow beat me to the question
Me: "Well, of life, I guess. You know, it might be a rough place to live at times, but it sure is an interesting place."
Mel: She was alive once o-o?
Me: Tara released Willow's foot, much to Willow's relief, and added, "There's not really anywhere else like it."
Mel: Well, I suppose Angels are alive, huh?
Me: "So you've been here before? Were you somebody else's angel?" She immediately felt guilty for it, but the thought of Tara having been an angel to someone before her caused jealousy to bare its fangs.
Me: "Well, I lived here, once. It was a while ago."
Me: "You mean a regular old person like me?"
Me: Tara chuckled. "I wouldn't call you regular, but yes. I wasn't always an angel. Like I said, I'm actually very new at this."
Me: "Oh..." Willow considered this. "What...I mean...uh..."
Me: "What happened?"
Me: "Yeah. Well, if you don't mind sharing. I guess that's a pretty rude question, huh?"
Me: Tara set the sponge down on the side of the tub. "No, I don't mind, but...talking of death isn't...are you certain you want to hear that kind of thing?"
Mel: *raises hand* I'm not to sure
Me: Willow sighed regretfully. "No, you're probably right. That's me: curiosity before all other brain wave activity." She reached for the sponge. "Your turn."
Me: "Oh, you don't need to."
Mel: ^^ Of course she does
Me: Willow raised an eyebrow.
Me: "I'm not exactly...corporeal," Tara said.
Me: "What? Yeah you are."
Me: "No, it's true. I don't have a physical form."
Me: Willow shook her head. "But you've been touching me...and you held me last night. And you just now held that sponge."
Me: "That's not what others would have seen," Tara explained. "It's...well, we learned how to explain this kind of stuff, but of course I've completely forgotten the whole lesson, so I'll try to wing it. When I'm here with you, there's sort of this pocket of...well, it's still reality, but it's only reality for you."
Mel: o-o *brain explodes*
Me: The corner of Willow's mouth twitched. "It is like an imaginary friend, isn't it?" She wasn't pleased by that idea.
Me: "Well, I can assure you, I'm not a figment of your imagination. I've got my own thoughts and history and everything, which aren't being created by your mind. But what you experience--my touch, for instance--it's only happening to you. Somebody watching wouldn't experience it the same way."
Me: Willow blinked. "Uh, so...what? You can't get smelly?"
Me: Tara laughed. "Well, I could if I felt like it, but I'd rather not."
Mel: But Willow wants to clean you!
Me: A knock on the bathroom door silenced them. "Willow?" Millie's voice carried through the door.
Me: "Um...yeah?"
Me: "Everything okay? You don't have a phone in there, do you?"
Me: "Uh...no. I mean, yeah, everything's fine. No phone."
Me: "Okay." She could hear her aunt remain near the door for another few seconds before retreating.
Me: "Right. Where were we?" Willow said. She eyed the sponge in her hand, then began lathering it up. "Your turn."
Me: -=-=-
Mel: That's it?
Mel: We're done?
Mel: No bath time Tara?
Me: She experienced a moment of panic when her aunt leaned into her bedroom to say goodnight, but sure enough, despite Tara's presence beside her, Millie seemed oblivious.
Mel: Damn, no bathtime Tara
Me: They snuggled under the covers. Tara lay on her back, and Willow nestled close to her, resting her head on the soft hollow just south of her shoulder. She draped one arm across Tara's tummy, and Tara cupped her shoulder, holding her securely against her body. Far beneath the covers, their feet grazed each other, then finally intertwined.
Me: Tara had a calming presence; despite the emotional roller coaster of the last week, Willow felt completely at ease. Her muscles relaxed, releasing days of coiled tension.
Me: Tara hummed a soothing lullaby, and Willow let the melody float her toward dreams.

Thanks for reading. ^_^ Feel free to share you own!

Last edited by jasmydae on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Bed Time Story Thread~New Story-Imaginary Part 4
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:37 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great updates.

Post subject: Stuffed, Part 3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:27 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Last edited by jasmydae on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Bed Time Story Thread ~ Stuffed ~ Part 3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:00 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Since we now know Tara is not, in fact, Willow's imaginary friend, the title of this fic is sort of misleading. Ah, well. Like all in the thread, this is neither planned in advance nor betaed. And, as always, feel free to post your own bedtime stories!

An Imaginary Friend (Part 5)

Me: "Got any sevens?"
Me: "Go Fish."
Mel: Uno is a better game
Me: "Darn it," Willow grumbled. She reached for the pile.
Me: "Hm...do you have any nines?" Tara asked.
Me: "Nope! It's the fishes for you."
Me: Tara extended her hand, but paused short of the stack of cards. Willow looked at her quizzically. She had spent the first part of the game trying to wrap her head around the whole 'different reality' thing, and how it pertained to, say, playing cards. Would other people see only Willow drawing cards? Would the cards be sitting motionless on the ground?
Me: Eventually, she'd given her brain a break, but she was certain it would resume its analysis at a later time.
Me: Tara pulled her hand back to her lap. "I'm bored," she said.
Mel: I know that feeling
Me: "Yeah. Me, too," Willow admitted. "We could watch something? A DVD?"
Me: "Honestly, I'm kind of, uh...getting antsy. Like, cabin fever?" Tara looked at the window. "Could we do something, you know, not in the house?"
Me: "Mm. Like...going for a walk or something?"
Me: Tara nodded. "That would do."
Me: Willow thought about it. "Hey, we could walk up to the market; there are some good restaurants there, if you're hungry."
Me: Tara fidgeted. "Um, Will..."
Mel: Lol, silly Willow
Me: "Oh...right. I guess that's like the bath thing, huh? You don't eat?"
Me: "Well...I mean, I can eat. It's not like I'll starve if I don't, or anything. But, I mean...what about all the people?"
Me: "They will just see me eating, right?"
Me: "Uh huh. And...and talking to an empty chair."
Me: Willow recalled how Xander had reacted, the first time he'd seen Willow interacting with Tara...or thin air, as far as he could tell.
Me: She crossed her arms in front of her chest and harrumphed. "Well, that's stupid," she declared. "Lousy coding. Er, planning. Something. If you all can craft alternate realities for everybody, how come they couldn't just have people see me sitting quietly when I'm talking with you?"
Me: Tara frowned. "Honestly, I'm not sure...the thing is, um...well, usually angels aren't...longer term companions."
Me: Willow studied her. "No?"
Me: "Right. Usually we're only around for brief spans of time, with very specific instructions for what we're supposed to do. So it hasn't really been a problem before."
Me: "Oh. You mean, like, the first time I saw you?"
Me: "Uh huh. That was about four hours, which is actually a longer run than usual, based on what I've heard."
Me: Willow considered this. "So what were your instructions, then?"
Me: "I'll tell you," Tara offered, standing, "if we can walk around, outside."
Me: "Deal." Willow lead the way through the house, stopping only to let Aunt Millie know she was going for a walk. They exited through the front door, and Tara took up Willow's hand in her own after a few paces.
Me: "So I was supposed to help you with your social anxiety," Tara explained. "You were struggling with the new environment because you didn't know anyone, and you were scared of how people would treat you, so you avoided making any friends."
Me: "So you were appointed to be my friend," Willow determined.
Me: "I chose to go to you, though," Tara reminded her. "They didn't tell me what I was supposed to do until afterward. It seemed fitting enough; I had a hard time with that, too, when I was...you know. When I lived here."
Me: "Making friends?"
Me: Tara nodded. "Meeting people, in general. I never knew what to say, and when I did speak, I tended to stumble over my own words. It was pretty awkward."
Me: "But you seem so calm and collected."
Me: "Heh. I guess dying kind of...it kind of gives you a new perspective on things."
Mel: =/
Me: "We would talk a lot," she went on. "The other angels, I mean. Actually, it was kind of funny; at first, I acted the same way around them that I had around people, but they wouldn't have any of that." She smiled, and Willow knew she must be pulling up happy memories. "They made everything as comfortable as possible. Eventually, conversations would turn to our memories of our lives. Although we never got too hung up on it, you'd be surprised how often you'd hear somebody say they wished that they'd done something differently."
Me: "Enough conversations like that, plus...having gone through the shift from life to what came after it...it really pushes you to change your way of thinking. No more regrets, right? Everything seems less scary."
Me: "That sounds wonderful," Willow admitted.
Me: "Um...Will?" Tara asked, looking up at the sign of the Thai restaurant. "I thought we weren't going to, uh..."
Mel: Lol, Willow is a tricky one
Me: Willow smiled. She had purposefully lead them toward the market, after all, once she had begun listening to Tara's words. "I'd like to have a nice dinner here. With you," she stated. "If people think I'm some crazy girl, talking to an empty chair, then so be it. No regrets."
Me: Tara was speechless, but let Willow lead the way into the building.
Me: "Table for two, please," she said when the greeter motioned her forward.
Me: They followed him to their table, then sat across from each other. The table was near one of the walls in the main dining area, and although it was not as visible as the center tables, it was certainly noticeable from many nearby tables.
Me: "Would you like something to drink while you wait?" their waiter asked.
Me: "Um, two glasses of water, for now? And could we--could I get another menu?"
Me: The waiter hurried off to fetch them. Tara smirked at Willow. "This is going to be entertaining," she said.
Mel: Lol, I have to agree with Tara here
Me: "So," Willow said, resisting the urge to remain silent, since a family had just been seated at a table close by. "Uh...so you said your...assignments, or whatever...you said they were usually short. Is that by design, or choice, or what? I mean, how is it that you've been able to spend the last few days here?"
Me: "Well, we get instructions...what it is we're supposed to affect. The others say that new things pop up that have to be addressed pretty often; it kind of comes with the calling, I guess. Angels are generally a genuinely caring bunch, as you can imagine...so sometimes extra TLC is needed. But yeah, once we've done our bit, we're supposed to head back."
Me: "Which you did, uh...when I was in middle school...um..." Willow was very aware of the sidelong glances the adults at the next table were casting in her direction. "Uh...what was I saying?"
Me: "Yes, I went back," Tara said, nodding. "With Xander there, eager to break the ice, you were going to be all right."
Me: "And...well, I was, I guess. The whole thinking I was going insane because my brain had generated an imaginary friend so vivid as you took some getting used to--you guys should have some kind of system in place for that, by the way--but otherwise...yeah. Xander was a huge help."
Me: Their conversation was interrupted by the waiter's return. "Here you are," he said, placing the glasses and menus down on the table. "Can I get you anything else, at the moment?"
Me: Willow nodded. "Could we get one of your appetizer samplers?"
Me: "Oh, you'd like that now?"
Me: "Yes, please."
Me: "All right." After checking that nothing else was needed, for now, he disappeared into the kitchen.
Me: "So what about this time?" Willow asked, once he was out of earshot. The couple at the next table were whispering to each other. About me, no doubt.
Me: "Hm?" Tara swirled the ice cubes around in her glass. "Oh, you mean this visit?"
Me: "Yeah. What are you supposed to...you know, do?"
Me: "This wasn't really an assignment. More like an extension of the original one. See, once I'd visited you that first time, it was easy to kind of...keep emotional tabs on you. That probably sounds more creepy than I intended."
Mel: lol
Me: Willow shook her head. "Naw. Go on?"
Me: "I guess you could say I've always been tied to you, emotionally, and...well, this last week...as you can imagine, it set off some pretty loud sirens."
Me: "They sent you back?"
Me: "I just...came back. Sending wasn't really needed."
Me: "So you can come and go as you please?"
Me: "It's...it's so hard to explain, because...well, because there's not really the language for it, I guess. I'll try. This isn't a job, where somebody gives you a checklist of duties, and you go down the list, then close up the shop at five. It's...it's a chance to do something good for people, to affect some kind of positive change in the world, I guess. So we go where we're needed, and to some degree, there are others who help guide us to the right places. But we can act on our own will."
Me: She set her menu down on the table. "When I first came to you, I didn't really know what I was doing. I saw somebody who needed a friend, who needed a push toward self-confidence, and I knew I could help. After that, I was always busy...there's so much to do; personal visits are just a small fraction of it. But you were in my mind all the time, and like I said, I...I was watching out for you, always. And last week...you were in so much pain, and...and it didn't matter what else I was doing, anymore."
Mel: ^^ Tara is so sweet
Me: "Does that mean I'm keeping you from...doing other things? Important, helpful things?"
Me: "Willow," Tara said, shaking her head, "don't think like that. I'm here because I chose to be. Well, I'm here because you are a tricky, sneaky girl." She held her hands open, indicating the room they were in. "But my visit, my decision to stick around...it's not an obligation. I wanted to."
Me: Willow nodded slowly. She looked down at her menu for a moment, then set it aside. "Why?"
Me: "Why?" Tara echoed.
Mel: Yes Tara, please inform us
Me: "Why would you stay here, if there are ways that you could be...doing good, elsewhere?"
Me: "There are a lot of answers to that question," Tara admitted. "For one, I needed a break. I had a lot to learn when I got my calling, and I really threw myself into it tirelessly. Or so I thought. It turns out that it is tiring. Two, I care about you deeply. If my presence helps you at all, I'd rather be here than anywhere else. Three, I...I miss this place. It's glorious in its never-ending flux, it's unpredictability, its hope, and its imperfection. I think this will always feel like home, to me."
Me: She picked up the smaller menu from the center of the table and flipped it to the first page. There, a mouthwatering picture of a brownie heaped with chocolate and caramel dominated the space. "Four," Tara added, turning the menu so Willow could see it. "Four speaks for itself."
Mel: lol!
Me: When the waiter returned to the table, Willow ordered two Megablondie Brownies with all the toppings. He gave the empty chair a once-over when Willow motioned toward it, but did not question her.
Mel: Will all this food be wasted if Tara isn't "technically" eating it
Me: "Mm," said Willow around a mouthful of chocolately perfection. "Part of a healthy, balanced diet."
Me: Tara giggled before attacking her own.
Me: Soon, the desserts were all gone. "Oof," Tara said, leaning back and patting her tummy.
Me: Willow stifled a laugh, for a chocolately smear covered part of Tara's chin.
Me: Giggles from the next table over drew her attention, and when she looked, Willow realized that the young boy who had been fidgeting in his seat since the family first arrived was shaking with laughter and pointing directly at Tara.
Me: Huh, thought Willow.
Mel: o-o

Hope you enjoyed it. ^_^

Last edited by jasmydae on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Bed Time Story Thread ~ Imaginary ~ Part 5
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:46 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great updates.

Post subject: Adventures in Being Babysat, Part 1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:19 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Mel asked for a new story. This was the result. Like all in the thread, this is neither planned in advance nor betaed, so any glaring plot holes or general suckiness are this author's fault, alone. ^_^

Adventures in Being Babysat (Part 1)

Me: "Aw, Moooom, do we have to? Why can't we just stay here?"
Me: "For the last time: no, Tara. Now, the Rosenbergs were nice enough to offer to look after you all while your father and I are gone, so I want you on your best behavior."
Me: Mrs. Maclay leveled her gaze at Tara's older brother. "And that goes doubly for you, Donny."
Mel: doubly?
Me: "Yeah, yeah. We'll be good. Don't worry," Donny sighed. "C'mon, Tare. Good try."
Me: The Maclay children had really been looking forward to having the house to themselves during the week-long trip their parents had planned--their Second Honeymoon, which was something neither Tara nor Donny wanted to even think about. As it turned out, they would instead have the pleasure of being babysat by the family three houses down. The Rosenbergs.
Mel: >.>
Mel: They are complaining?
Me: "What a bunch of weirdos," Donny grumbled as he threw some clothes into a large bag. "I still don't see why we can't just stay here. It's not like we don't spend enough time alone in the house after school, right?"
Me: Tara sat down on Donny's bed. "Yeah, tell me about it. We can take care of ourselves. Who's weirdos?"
Me: "Those Rosenbergs. You ever see the dad walkin' around in the back yard in that old lab coat? He looks like a total kook."
Me: "Uh-uh. Weird. I only know that Willow girl, from school."
Me: "Pssh. Willow," Donny scoffed. "What kind of name is that?"
Mel: A VERY GOOD ONE!
Mel: *grumbles*
Me: "Heheh. It's like that magical midget from the movie," Tara giggled.
Mel: !!!!
Mel: :-(
Me: "What's she like?" Donny asked. He didn't bother to notice anyone in grades underneath his own.
Me: Tara shrugged. "I dunno. She's pretty quiet, I guess. Sticks to her little circle of friends. Takes a lot of flak from Cordy's entourage."
Me: Donny looked up from his packing. "Who's Cordy?"
Me: Tara shook her head. "Never mind. Have you seen the mom?"
Me: "No, not that I can remember. You?"
Me: "I've seen Mom talking with her out in the yard a few times. She looks...I don't know. Don't judge a book by its cover and all. Mom says she's a killer Bridge player."
Me: Donny hefted his bag by a shoulder strap. "All right. Here comes a week."
Me: "And in here's the guest bedroom," Mrs. Rosenberg said, flipping on the light switch. It was a cozy little room with a trundle bed and an antique bureau. "I figure one of you can stay in here, and the other can sleep in Willow's room." When Tara and Donny exchanged confused glances, she added, "She's offered to sleep on the futon downstairs."
Me: "Oh." Tara frowned. "We didn't want to put anyone out of a room..."
Me: Mrs. Rosenberg cut Tara off with a wave of her hand. "I was going to have one of you sleep out there, but she insisted."
Me: "Of course, we've got perfectly good bedrooms in our own house," Donny muttered just loud enough for Tara to hear him. She elbowed him in the side.
Mel: Donny is a jerk
Me: "That door's the bathroom." Mrs. Rosenberg pointed at each door in the hallway. "Willow's room. Mine. That one's the study."
Me: (he's a teenager. :))
Mel: Lol, true
Me: "Where is Willow, anyway?" Tara asked. She figured Willow would have gotten home from school around the same time as she had.
Me: "Oh, she's off at one of her after-school clubs. I can never remember which day is which."
Me: "I'll bet it's Vaughn's Chess club," whispered Donny.
Me: "Donny!" Tara hissed under her breath.
Me: "Hey, Mom!" called Willow as she stepped through the front door. She pulled a multicolored hat from her head.
Me: "Hi, sweetie. How was your day?"
Me: "Mm. Good."
Me: "How was...the phenomenon group?"
Me: Willow rolled her eyes. "Mom, Phenomenology Club's Mondays and Fridays. Chess club's today."
Me: In the kitchen, Donny looked right at Tara, a smug grin on his face. She sighed and stuck out her tongue at him.
Me: Mrs. Rosenberg led Willow into the kitchen and made the introductions, although it was already obvious who was who.
Me: It was strange to see Willow outside of school, Tara thought. It was going to be twice as strange sharing the house with her for the next week. Would it change their (lack of) interactions at school?
Me: At the very least, she figured, they'd kind of have to say hi when they passed each other in the hallways.
Me: Dinner was awkward. There was no doubt about it: Mr. Rosenberg was one strange man. She couldn't put her finger on it, exactly, but Tara just felt like his brain operated on a different wavelength from everybody else's. He was smart. That much was obvious. It seemed that the exceptional intelligence was at the expense of social skills most other adults possessed. He seemed utterly incapable of reading social cues, and was oblivious to sarcasm, which was being piled on by Willow. Tara felt like a complete outsider.
Mel: =/
Me: Donny offered little, answering in as few words as possible when Mrs. Rosenberg asked him questions, which she seemed determined to do. Tara tried to bring more to the conversation, but really--what was there to say other than the basics? Besides, she couldn't help but feel that Mrs. Rosenberg's interest wasn't terribly genuine; the woman seemed to pay little enough attention to the events of her own daughter's daily life. What did she really care for the girl down the street?
Me: But they played their roles. Mrs. Rosenberg fulfilled her neighborly obligation by attempting to engage the kids in conversation and trying to find common interests shared by the girls. And after dinner, Tara fulfilled a guest's obligation by offering to help with the dishes. Mr. Rosenberg eagerly took her up on the offer.
Me: Willow retreated to her room to practice her instrument--the oboe, Mrs. Rosenberg had revealed during dinner, which caused Willow to turn a deep shade of red. Apparently she practiced for an hour every day. That left Tara hanging out in Donny's room.
Me: "Huh, she's actually pretty good," Tara remarked. She could hear the music from the room next door.
Me: "Eh. I guess," Donny replied.
Me: "Hey, she's better at that than you are at guitar," she teased.
Me: "Yeah, well...if I practiced every day, I could be good, too."
Me: "Well, maybe you should. It'd be cool to have a rock star in the family."
Me: That got Donny chuckling. "You're a goofball."
Me: Tara was just beginning to get really bored when Willow knocked on the open door. She leaned around the frame. "Hey. Uh...the room's all yours; I think I got everything I need from it."
Me: "Okay, cool," Tara said. "You absolutely sure you don't want me to sleep out there? I don't mind at all."
Me: Willow shook her head and smile bashfully. "Nope, nope. It's yours. Silly posters and all."
Me: "Okay, this I've got to see," Donny said, setting his Gameboy down on the bed.
Me: He stood and waited for Tara to lead the way, while Willow stood nearby, apparently waffling on whether to follow them or not.
Me: There were indeed a good many posters on the walls. Several of them were of cats--one hanging precariously from a tree branch, another staring back at them with gigantic, pleading eyes. One depicted a cartoon rabbit in a straight jacket ("Cute, but psycho. Things even out.")
Mel: >.> I have that poster
Me: Tara wondered at that. Did it describe Willow? She supposed the girl could be described as cute, in a rather unique sort of way.
Me: But psycho? Well, if psychosis was genetic, Willow was clearly doomed.
Me: "You can take 'em down, if you want," Willow said from the doorway. "Or move whatever around. Uh, you know...it's your home for the week, so...whatever is fine."
Me: Donny, presumably deciding that nothing in the room merited funny stories for his friends, shuffled out of the room. Tara continued her circuit of the bedroom, while Willow watched from the entrance.
Me: "It's nice," she declared. "Heh. Nicer than my room, anyway. I loved my room at our old house, but after we moved...I guess I was kind of peeved at my folks for uprooting us, having to leave our friends behind and all. So I was determined to make the place feel as little like home as possible. Which backfired, I guess, 'cause I ended up leaving most of my stuff boxed up."
Mel: Offer to share the room Tara!
Me: "Oh," said Willow. She looked startled, obviously not expecting Tara to strike up a conversation with her. "Uh...sorry. That's...unfortunate. Couldn't you, you know, unpack all the stuff?"
Me: "Well, certainly that would be the logical, intelligent thing to do. But I guess I'm stubborn and lazy," Tara laughed. "Besides, most of it's stowed in the attic, and I haven't felt like stumbling around up there."
Me: "If you want any funny cat posters," Willow offered, "I've got extras. No surprise, I'm sure."
Me: "Haha, thanks. I wouldn't want to be a copy cat, though."
Me: Tara eyed the bed. "Oh, man, you've got a big bed. I'm definitely getting one of these when I go to college." She grinned. "I might not have any idea where I'll be going, but darn it, I want to sleep in style."
Me: "Mm. Lucky. Mine's pretty much been decided for me. With two parents having attended Princeton, it's pretty much go there or be disowned." From her expression, Tara could tell she was joking, but only just.
Me: "Well, at least it's Princeton. Your parents could have attended the Southwest Wyoming School of Fence Repair and Miming."
Mel: >.>
Me: Willow blinked and inclined her head in Tara's direction. "Uh. Yeah. I guess that would be different."
Me: Whoa, Tara thought, I think I just out-weirded Willow Rosenberg.
Me: "So you guys must be thrilled at staying here, huh?" Willow chuckled.
Me: "Eh, it's a place," Tara said, shrugging. "Donny's pretty grumpy about it. I think our parents went a little overboard. I mean, it was nice of you guys and all, but...it's not like we'd throw a big party, or burn the house down, or anything like that, you know?"
Me: "My folks are the other way around. They don't really think anything of disappearing for days."
Me: "Lucky," Tara concluded, but Willow shrugged noncommittally.
Me: The conversation reached a lull, and Willow inched toward the door.
Me: "Hey," Tara said. "What's there to, uh...to do here?"
Me: "Um...well, there's the TV, but..." Willow paused and listened. "Yeah, I think my dad's watching some sports thing. Uh, we've got board games and stuff. Thrilling, I know."
Me: "Which ones?"
Mel: Sorry!?
Me: "You know, the usual. Monopoly, Scrabble--I warn you, I am a Scrabble guru--uh...well, here." She opened the closet door and waved Tara over. There were a dozen other games on the shelves.
Me: "Ooo, you've got a Ouija board."
Me: "Hee, yeah. I haven't used it in a long time. Kind of doesn't work too well by yourself."
Me: "You think any of it's real?" Tara asked.
Mel: >.> I have a Conversations With Dead People Ouija board!
Me: "Uh, hard to say, I guess. The scientist in me cringes at the idea. Plus, having 'Parker Brothers' written across it doesn't help its case."
Me: Tara giggled. "Yeah, I know what you mean. I guess it is pretty silly."
Me: "Yeah."
Me: They stood in silence for a minute.
Me: "...so you wanna try it?"
Me: "...uh, I mean, if you do..."
Me: "...well, maybe it would be kind of fun..."
Me: "...yeah, okay."

Hope you enjoyed it!

Last edited by jasmydae on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Bed Time Story Thread~New Story~ Adventures in Being Bab
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:44 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
I just decided to catch up here (with Imaginary Friend, not the others). I'm quiet intrigued by the concept and amused by it. I like the format you have of telling the stories and un-betayed is fine. But can you check out some other colors besides red and blue? It makes my vision swim and my head hurt. Green and yellow? White and black?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:38 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

JustSkipIt wrote:
But can you check out some other colors besides red and blue? It makes my vision swim and my head hurt. Green and yellow? White and black?

I'll try changing the colors to something less migraine-inducing. Until then, you can strip the colors by going view > page style > no style. I think both Firefox and IE have that option. Not sure where it is in the other browsers.

Last edited by jasmydae on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:38 am 
4. Extra Flamey

JustSkipIt wrote:
I just decided to catch up here (with Imaginary Friend, not the others). I'm quiet intrigued by the concept and amused by it.

Yay! I like Imaginary Friend the best as well! But Megan seems to like Stuffed better ^^ Haha, But I do love all the Bedtime stories.

Last edited by MelCar19 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:14 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great writing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:10 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Stuffed continues to be adorable, especially with the lovely scary undertones of the Unstitcher and the notion of Willow and Tara venturing far from their home shelf. I like Imaginary Friend, and I'm intrigued to see where it goes, how Willow and Tara will deal with Tara's weird relationship to visibility and the rest of the world, which will surely keep being an issue the longer she stays around. And I just took my first look at Adventures in Being Babysat, and I'm really interested in seeing this version of Tara and Donny, from a much more stable, normal home than their canon selves had.

Anyhoo, I came up with an idea for a story to contribute here, and then last night (while I was lying in bed trying to get to sleep, so it qualifies as a bedtime story even though no-one was around to tell it to) this one popped up instead. It's not based on any one thing, just a whole jumble of stories and things I've seen in the past couple of months or so. No betaing or heavy planning has taken place, I just got a vague idea and wrote it and here it is, but that's how I always write so I suppose it didn't make that much difference. There may be more of these, but I haven't yet come up with an overall title. Anyway, enjoy!

Little Red Riding Hood

"Oh please sir, do hurry!" the girl urged the stout woodsman on, as they approached the tumbledown cottage in its little clearing in the woods. "My poor grandmama..." She sniffled, her ruby red lips trembling as her big, imploring brown eyes filled with tears.

"Don't you worry, lass," the woodsman said, patting her reassuringly on the shoulder while in his other hand he hefted a sturdy and above all very sharp axe. "By my oath, that big bad wolf won't be troubling anyone ever again!"

Red Riding Hood gave him a grateful smile, then allowed him to take the lead as they walked up the old garden path towards the front door, which was still slightly ajar from her earlier flight.

"Please be careful sir," she whispered, as the woodsman nudged the door with his steel-capped boot, swinging it slowly open with a drawn-out creak. A shadow moved inside, and he raised his axe, tensed, and leapt forward, swinging as he went, hitting his target with a solid 'thunk'.

"Take that, wol-"

"Sleep! Levitate!"

Red Riding Hood reeled in shock as two blasts of pink fire momentarily blinded her, then she dashed forward through the door, finding the woodsman in the process of slumping to the floor, a snore already starting to rumble from his throat, while his axe floated harmlessly away. Across the room was a young blonde in subdued black robes, with a badge in one hand and an outstretched wand in the other, still trailing sparks.

Red Riding Hood said a very bad word that her demeanour up to this point wouldn't have suggested would be in her vocabulary, and grabbed at the wand stuck in the back of her belt, concealed beneath the cloak attached to her namesake.

"Fairytale Bureau of Investigations!" the blonde snapped, aiming her wand at Red Riding Hood. "Hands where I can see them, now!" Red's fingers began, ever so slightly, to close around the hidden wand, until she felt a telltale pressure on the back of her neck, and a quiet, measured voice spoke uncomfortably close behind her.

"This is a thirty-four centimetre cherry wood wand with copper filigree," it said, "the most powerful wand in the world. It'll hex you clear into next week. So go ahead, lass - make my happy ending."

[hr]

"M-make my happy ending?" the blonde asked back at the station, as she and the owner of the alleged most powerful wand in the world, a redhead in identical black robes, watched Red Riding Hood sulking in the interview room through a two-way mirror.

"I thought it up while we were waiting for her to get back from the woods," the redhead shrugged. "It's always handy to have a couple of catchphrases ready, in case you need to unnerve a suspect." The blonde listened attentively. "You don't want to go overboard and totally freak them out, cuz if they panic completely they might do something stupid. Just unsettle them, make them feel that they're out of their comfort zone and right in yours."

"Better to have them surrender on their own than make you hex them?" the blonde nodded.

"You get less paperwork that way," the redhead smiled. "And it's less chancy." She gave her companion a glance, suddenly serious. "But if you see a wand even start to be drawn, zap 'em, don't hesitate. And remember "sleep" only works on civilians - anyone we're likely to be arresting will have charms against that sort of thing. What did you have loaded to hex her with, if I hadn't got her?"

"Whirlwind," the blonde replied promptly.

"Good choice." The redhead nodded her approval. "You can usually rely on kinetic force, at least with mortals, and throwing off their aim is vital if you get in a hexing match."

"Agent Rosenberg!" a whiplash of a voice interrupted the pair from behind them.

"Morgan," Rosenberg said flatly, as Tara took a step back from the bundle of indignant brunette anger approaching them. "Tara Maclay, Lilah Morgan," Rosenberg added, waving a hand as if to introduce them. "When you hear someone around here say 'Damn it, they're lawyering up!', expect her to appear like someone's rubbed her lamp the wrong way." Lilah ignored Tara completely.

"Ambushing a humble woodsman and a little girl?" she hissed at Rosenberg. "That's low even for you, Rosenberg."

"The humble woodsman is fully recovered and free to go," Rosenberg replied, smiling with her mouth alone. "And your 'little girl' was carrying a compressed vellum wand, the sort that doesn't show up on ordinary scrying spells - kind of sophisticated for a girl going to visit her grandma, don't you think? Then again, how many grandmas have mysteriously been eaten around her in the past three years...?"

"This is persecution. You've got nothing." Lilah barged past them into the interview room.

"Ignore her," Rosenberg said quietly to Tara. "She's all bluster. C'mon, let's go put a pea under her mattress. You ready to take the lead?" The blonde nodded, white-faced but with resolve.

[hr]

"My client's done nothing wrong," Lilah said without preamble as Tara sat down across the table from her and a sullen Red Riding Hood.

"Your client charms old ladies with no other family, then as soon as the will's been rewritten in her favour she gets her friend the Big Bad Wolf to come along and hurry up the inheritance process," Tara said, her voice steady. Rosenberg stood behind her, glaring at Red Riding Hood.

"That's ridiculous," Lilah sneered. "Big bad wolves are a known danger to people in remote areas. The eating up of the woman my client was caring for-"

"The sixth," Rosenberg piped up.

"-out of the kindness of her own heart is a tragedy that has her heartbroken, and the last thing she needs is you trying to pin these ridiculous charges on her."

"You can't prove nuthin'," Red Riding Hood snarled. "That wolf, he ate the old lady, and I ain't never seen him before in my life."

"That's not what he says," Rosenberg grinned.

"He ain't sayin' squat, not with an axe in him!" Red managed to protest, with Lilah gripping her arm tightly in a wordless appeal to shut up.

"My client isn't saying anything further," she said, with a fragile smile.

"I-I suppose she didn't get a good look at the crime scene, then?" Tara said.

"Understandable, with all the excitement going on," Rosenberg added.

"At a glance, I suppose it's easy to mistake a hatstand covered in a shaggy bathmat and a dress as a wolf in an old lady's clothes," the blonde continued. "The real Big Bad Wolf was very upset when he learned that you'd gone to find a woodsman to get rid of him."

"Very upset," Rosenberg piped up again. "He said a lot of interesting things after he heard what the woodsman had to say about your little performance. 'Oh sir, please kill the big bad wolf for me, so I don't have to share the spoils.' Decided to get out of the game while the going was good, did you? Pity you left it too late."

"Nobody will convict her on the testimony of a wolf," Lilah muttered.

"And the woodsman," Tara said. "And her latest adopted grandmother - oh yeah," she went on, as Red jolted in her seat, "we were on your trail since you crossed the border from the Dark Scary Forest. She wasn't even in her cottage today, and we arrested the wolf as soon as he showed up."

"Multiple counts of Breaking and Eating," Rosenberg said. "But his cooperation today might knock a couple of years off his sentence."

"I got powerful friends," Red Riding Hood fumed. "I ain't going down for no grandmama job."

"Do these 'friends' have names?" Tara asked.

"Don't say anything," Lilah muttered.

"Have it your way," Rosenberg shrugged. "See you in court."

[hr]

"So how'd you like your first day in the field?" Rosenberg asked Tara, as they watched Red Riding Hood being led away in preparation for her transformation into Blue Prison Overalls.

"Uh, eventful," the blonde said, after a thoughtful pause.

"Yeah," Rosenberg chuckled. "Don't worry, it's not always like this - most days it's just asking dull questions, following dull leads, and doing paperwork which I'm sure I don't have to tell you the dullness status of. You did good though," she added.

"Th-thanks, Agent Rosenberg," Tara said, ducking slightly and blushing. "I've never, you know... been involved in this kind of thing before."

"Your magic tests were exceptional," the redhead noted. "The rest is just experience, you'll pick it up - I think you'll work out just fine. And I'll be there all the way. By the way, if we're going to be partners, you might as well call me Willow."

"Willow," Tara repeated.

"I mean, unless you like 'Agent Rosenberg'," Willow added. "It's your choice."

"I like Willow," Tara said.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:20 am 
19. Yummy Face

lol... really funny one... Interesting twist on the old Red Riding Hood...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.