The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Apothecary - July 15 - Chapter 31: Angyles
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:04 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 4
I believe I've said this before, but if memory fails, I beg your permission to repeat myself. I'm glad Riley doesn't get the bum rap here. However his relationship with Buffy ended, it started with innocence and wholesomeness. Despite the Initiative and all the crazy it entailed, I did enjoy Buffy with Riley even if he wasn't the most tintillating of characters. He gave her sunshine and something resembling a normal life, a normal relationship. Her duties and role as a Slayer, the mentality it created, ended up driving them apart. Had Anya or Tara been anything but otherworldy/magical as well I doubt their relationship with Xander and Willow would have lasted either, thats just the nature of the Scooby world. I think Xander gets a bad rap for that too, sometimes, having no magical powers or abilities. Anyway, Riley = good here. I like that his military role is paralleled here as well as Xander, Buffy, and Willow's roles as monster fighters. It's interesting to see what that job for them is like under such strict rules, parameters, and oaths of the Drakensdvaerder after all the rule breaking and Council-defying Scoobying in the show.

Quote:
She leaned forward and grasped Tara behind her neck;
something about that line is so tactile for me, I absolutely love it.

Quote:
"Why did you come back to me?"
Silly, a Willow always comes back to her Tara.

fantastic update, and another congratulations on Revenant!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:48 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Your writing is like a big fluffy blanket for my brain; it actually feels physically good to read the words and consider the ideas and conjure the images. So! Freakin! Good!

I have certainly been wondering about Willow's reason for returning to the poppy den and Tara (aside from the obvious 'duh, it's Tara' explanation) so this chapter was lovely and illuminating. Side note: Welsh is a very fun language. I loved the foreshadowing and the mention of Cordelia and the Gordian Knot and Willow being upset by the chain defying the laws of science and Willow having no gifts from the gods (hmmm, reminds me of a chapter in an unbelievably amazing story I once read but didn't get to feedback on) and of course the delicious questioning that lead to the tale of Willow and Angyles (mmm, Lychee!) and, well, you get my point. I loved everything, as always.

Oh, also, I'm glad huzzah! made you think of pirate ships because I've actually been feeling extra piratey of late so it makes me happy to spread the pirate joy. I bought a t-shirt today that says 'you can't hide that pride' with a picture of a pirate on it...possibly my favourite t-shirt ever. Oh, and I've pirated up my sig also, see?

Anyway, steering this ship somewhere back towards it's proper course, thank you very much for this update and I'll be right here waiting patientlyish until the next one rolls in.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:13 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Belated greetings! :)

I find sometimes that I hoard your updates like my favorite Easter treats. One cannot rush through the things they enjoy or they miss the chance to savor each layer. Of course I sometimes wait too long and miss the opportunity to share that enjoyment.

My procrastination allowed me to read 30 and 31 back to back which was fantastic because the two are so entwined. I love how you've weaved the present and past so elegantly. The trials and tragedies they've experienced offer such stunning contrast to the beauty and promise in these stolen moments Willow and Tara now share.

*dreamy sigh* I love the game. Certainly the undercurrent of sexuality is a part of it, but the entire experience is delicious beyond our normal senses. I've found in reading these last updates that my smiles begin forming inside first before spreading across my face. The care you've taken in these moments is very apparent and I love that somehow, magickally, you've allowed us to feel even an inkling of what these women are sharing.

Always eager for more, I will still wait patiently for the next installment, sitting at the ready to gush more. :D

Thank you for this beautiful tale!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:52 pm 
3. Flaming O

I arrived back home from holiday today, I spent it sans technology. The only thing I missed was checking for certain fic updates on this board. To come home, truly exhausted, and more than a little brain-zonked, and be greeted with this has left me rather stupefied.

What with all the masterful metaphors, the ‘love hunger’, the agonisingly brutalised image of Tara, and Willow's hateful, heartbreaking sacrifice, you had me swooning like a love-sick teen desperately craving more, always more.

All of this and the word 'flensed', an embarrassment of riches to be sure.

Oh, and by the way, a compliment from this board’s latest legend is a gift that is guaranteed to make my day so I am very glad you ‘dared say it’. It is a mere trifle compared to everything you have given us over the last couple of years, but I am elated that you enjoy the feedback ‘cos I really fucking feel your fics.

Anyway, hope this makes sense, can barely keep half an eye open at the minute.

Thanks for sharing
restlessminds

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:29 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

No mercy indeed, and you are again true to your word!

The game is so simple and yet so intense, I love it. The upcoming confrontation sounds like it will be quite a chapter! :sob

Look forward to more.
BV

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:39 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey Phoenix sorry for not replying sooner to your two updates but I've been out of the country on holidays - had the most amazing time and in a way it was sad to leave, but I missed my newly purchased house and am glad to be back making it a home.

Anyway onto the feedback .... you have such a way of developing characters that I feel like I'm part of the story. Sometimes I actually feel like I'm one of the characters you drag me so well into the world you've created. Truly gifted!!

Now I'm loving the game ... have you personally played this game? If you don't mind too much I think I might have to use this particular game at my next party. It will well and truly replace spin the bottle! :D lol

I'm also really enjoying the actual story. You have a gift for writing pain and anguish which I hope for your sake is not due to personal experience. Please continue to update this wonderful story.

You also mentioned Revenant - now for the life of me I feel like I should know what this is about but these days I struggle to remember appointments I've made (this is due to the hectic nature of my life and not any medical condition). Is this a story I can find here or one you plan on publishing???

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:10 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... I'm starting to wonder how much going back to Tara is going to cost Willow.... I really love their :wtkiss game...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:00 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 1
Hi Kittens,

Note 1: No fb to fb tonight. I've got deadlines of the actual work variety. I'll post it piggyback with the next chapter.
Note 2: Read it after you've read the chapter.

On to the update!

[center]~32~
Comprehension
[/center]

Tara blinked her eyes. She had not felt this bewildered in a very long time.

The whispering sussuration of Willow's voice had finally stopped, and the thirty-one year old woman tucked in her body before her waited with false patience; like the swaying head of a cobra that undulated under the cap of a wicker basket, drawn out on the tune of the marinet. Willow licked her lips as she waited, and her tongue was small and pink.

Never had Tara understood her more. It was this moment, wrapped within Willow's coils, that Tara began to acknowledge that Willow would indeed save her, most likely by destroying her in the process, just as Dawn had once saved the world by destroying it.

The coastlines had drifted, continents ripped apart and sent to new homes upon the planet, receiving a complete face lift as if Dawn were no more than a plastic surgeon. Mankind had nearly perished. It was the Destruction of Earth, just as there had once been a Destruction of Water; a great flood that had once again nearly eradicated mankind. The pyramids had survived, though the civilization that had built them utterly perished.

It was not Piri Reis himself who had mapped the world before the coastlines shifted, but made his inks on the skin of a gazelle based upon other source maps, ancient maps that should have perished with time and destruction.

Tara now knew that it was the Drakensdvaerder who had saved those maps. Just like it would be Willow Rosenberg, the First Lieutenant of the Drakensdvaerder, who would save Tara. Tara knew it.

And the whole of it was a great trickery, a grand farce, a catch 22. The moment of choice would come, and Willow would choose to sacrifice the entire world in order to save Tara's life. No high road, no martyr's choice. Willow would save Tara, and the world would fall, and Willow would fall with it. And once again Tara and her kindred would remain with a handful of humanity, and the weight of all those deaths would crush her.

Tara desired her. Willow had seen it. Willow had come back to her because of it, and started this whole chain of events, leading up to this very moment. Tara still had cherry on her lips.

And now, instead of saving the world, Tara had sealed its fate. Could she prevent the apocalypse she had inadvertently caused, the day she chose to kiss Willow on the lips?

"Tara?" Willow was asking. "You're kinda freaking me out."

Tara was six thousand years old, and suddenly she felt as if she had no more time. Time was not her puppy, her plaything, her toy.

The hourglass had been broken, and the volcanic sand would spew forth. She only hoped there was enough time to awaken Dawn.

"Please? Tara?"

Tara blinked again, and Willow came back into focus. Willow and her curiosity. How many things did she break in order to understand them? How many tears did she shed when she found they could not be repaired?

The world was always ready to be broken. If not Willow, someone else would surely do it. The destruction of the earth lay down every single path of circumstance; its eventuality was as constant as the sun. If they were really going to save the world by destroying it, she might as well enjoy the ride.

"You went to those extents to discover my secrets?" Tara asked, her voice carefully neutral.

"You were a tough nut to crack," Willow replied, resting her hands on Tara's knees. "Not even a nut. You are like one of those freaky Nipponese fruits, like a durian, that has spikes all over it."

"Um, don't Baboons eat durians?"

"I think they are the favoured spikey fruit of Orangutans, actually. At least I think that's what the Nature Vid would say. They are a handy fruit to have in a crisis."

"You lost me there. A durian as a crisis fruit?"

"Yeah, you just put it on the end of a stick and you have an instant mace. You can run around and mace people, if the smell doesn't kill you first."

"I suppose Orangutans are more impervious to stench than humans. Please tell me you don't speak from experience about this." Tara's head was still whirling; Willow's words seemed to dance and sizzle in the air.

Her hand on Tara's knee was blazing hot. Was she an inferno herself? Could Tara consume her without destroying her?

"Well, it did start out as a training exercise, but it went wrong rather fast. Unfortunately, I was not the one on the giving end of the impromptu macing."

"What happened?" Tara asked, chuckling.

"Have we given up with the fruit game?" Willow responded, too innocently. "I was rather enjoying it. You know, with the fruit and the kissing and the explanation about volcanoes." Willow's forehead crinkled, and she asked, "So you are spit up by the volcano in this human form every time? Or do you sometimes come back different? And who is your pure mother?" Her eyes widened even further as she asked, "Wait, when you die, is your connection to your Master severed?"

Tara withdrew inside herself for a moment to consider how to answer, but the moment that her eyes shifted back, Willow started to scoot out of her embrace, likely to arm herself.

Tara shot out her hand to grasp Willow gently by the wrist. "It's all right," Tara said, her voice husky. "You're safe. I'm just thinking."

Willow's wrist was thin and birdlike. The skin was pale, and Tara could see the tracery of veins underneath. She held Willow's wrist and an all-consuming urge came upon her, to touch that wrist with her tongue, to see what Willow tasted like there.

And there, in the hollow of her throat.

And behind her ear.

And upon her breast.

Focus.

"Yes, I resume this exact same form every time, at the exact same age I am now. I have never been a child, nor will I ever be. Neither will I grow old. I am a half-human hybrid; my inner soul is made of fire. My pure mother is pure energy; she can clothe herself in skin and in cloud and in fire. When she chooses to be born, she can be a human baby. When she is born as a human, she has to die as a human, sometimes of old age, which I envy."

Tara stopped to lick her lips. Willow waited for the answer that meant the most; she had caught her lower lip in her small and perfect teeth.

"And no, the connection is not severed by my death. My servitude to my Master is dependent on his lifeblood; as long as he lives, I will remain enslaved by him. Some previous Masters, male or female, have died of old age, and I have then been released. That doesn't happen often, which has led to me rarely being free. We are coveted; nearly all of my Masters have been murdered, and then my ownership transfers immediately to the one who did the killing."

Silence.

"Are there three wishes, like in the myths?" Willow asked.

"Yes. Thus the true farce of owning a..." and Tara had to stop, forcefully, by clacking her mouth shut. Her face whitened; she had nearly triggered herself.

Willow touched her face, and Tara covered those warm fingers with her own. Taking a deep breath, she continued, "Well, owning one of my race, you can use your three wishes in an hour and yet you have a lifetime to regret it, for we will be enslaved by you until the moment you die, and everyone will want to kill you for that which you own."

"Have you ever had a kindly Master?"

Tara looked at her Willow, the woman who loved her, who would destroy her. And then she answered.

[center]*****[/center]

Ur, 1204 AD.

Tara was thirty five years old. She had been born with the eruption of Mount Etna in 1169. The eruption had been rather strong; she and five of her sisters had been expelled from the earth onto the smoking slopes of the mountain. She was captured quickly. Too quickly.

She strode behind her Master, and there was a veil covering her face. She was wearing far too much clothing, and the air surrounding the Euphrates River was thick with water and redolent with the stink of the ancient city. River trade had been stymied by the enthusiastic cavorting of hippopotami in the river, so no one really understood why her Master was getting so rich.

All three wishes were gone, but still he lived.

The marketplace was thick with people, and the sun was a crushing weight on her clothing.

He was too prosperous, and too smug.

He also had dark tastes. At the moment he was bargaining with a vendor over the price for a teenage slave girl. She had dark skin, and eyes as smooth and hard as tourmaline. Tara appreciated the strong line of her jaw, the fiery snap of her eyes. Though she was chained, and therefore still, she seemed to be all tempest underneath; a demon of wind and storm, perhaps.

Coins exchanged hands. The ownership of the girl on the chain was transferred.

The unnamed girl stepped into line behind him and didn't say a word. Neither did she look at Tara, who was only just another piece of property. Tara analyzed that stoic silence, that trembling of winds. Did the girl wonder what Tara's price was? Did she rebuke Tara for not killing this man in time to save her from this fate?

The mark in Tara's elbow was quiescent, and hidden by fabric. This man had her collar.

His estate was lush; the valley around Ur was fertile. In time it would menstruate all sorts of blood and evils from its womb; for now it vibrated with life.

No sooner had they arrived in his house than the girl wrapped her chain around his neck and strangled him to death.

The transfer of ownership was never subtle.

The girl's eyes opened wide as Tara became hers. Tara instantly knew so much about her; where she had grown up, what had happened to her family, the meagre living she eked on the vicious streets of Ur, where every day was a new battle to stay alive until Dawn.

She had not yet spoken her name, but Tara knew what it was.

Lilith.

Compulsion made Tara's tongue a clay serpent. "What is my Master's request?" she asked.

The girl stared at her. Soon the courtyard would erupt in activity; if they didn't leave soon they would both be killed. How long would her ownership last, or would Tara go through Masters in a bloody and hate-filled succession as she had too many times before?

"I wish for you to make us safe," Lilith said.

Us. Not me. Us.

"It is done," Tara said. She made no movement, no gesture. They still stood in the courtyard, and the sun laughed at them.

The men came running, and still Lilith stared at her. Would she run, or would she trust Tara?

Those servants and bodymasters congregated at the corpse, turning him over and jabbering to each other. When they came near, they passed through Lilith and Tara as light passes through glass.

"Your name is Tara?" Lilith asked.

Tara nodded.

"Do you have a home?"

Tara would not smile. One Master was much the same as any other. "You are my home now," Tara answered.

"Then allow me to care for you, as I would care for my home and everything in it."

[center]*****[/center]

Tara was still holding Willow's wrist.

And then she released it. The rest of the story would wait. The black memory book would remain shut.

Willow's eyes were ablaze.

"When were you recruited to the Drakensdvaerder?" Tara asked, hoping that her sudden telling of all sorts of truth would make Willow want to reciprocate in kind.

"The summer immediately after high school graduation," Willow replied. "I finally learned the truth about Buffy's summers, where I thought she was just globe-trotting with her mom and with Dawn. She was actually in the summer training camps. There had been an accident, a bunch of recruits died, and so I was recruited where normally I would have failed. I guess their standards were lower that year."

Dawn. She said Dawn.

"Why would you have failed recruitment?" Tara asked. "I mean, you're a superhero."

"Not back then I wasn't," Willow replied. "I was gangly and socially inept and had a horrible taste in clothing. I had no more ambition than getting straight A's and into Oxford. I failed the physical testing three times. The only reason they allowed me to fight for admittance was due to my brains. I, uh," and Willow paused.

A twinkle came in her eyes. Tara felt as if she'd been punched in the chest. The ache to devour Willow was getting stronger and stronger.

"You, uh, what?" Tara prompted in a husky voice, having to clear her throat of her sticky desire.

"I decoded every cipher they gave me, and passed every exam, but still one of the instructors bugged me so much about my lack of anything remotely resembling grace and strength. I decided to hack into his bank account and empty it. I didn't feel right keeping the money, so I decided to go all Robin Hood with it. A number of societies got some very generous anonymous gifts."

"If you were Robin Hood, then who was Little John?"

"Buffy. My sword sister."

"Okay. And Maid Marian?"

"Xander."

Tara burst out into a laugh and gave Willow a quick hug. "How did Xander feel about being the girl?" Tara asked.

"At first he was all huffy, which we just said made him more like a girl, and then Buffy reminded him that the Nipponese used to have Kabuki theatre all the time where guys played the parts of girls. Shakespeare himself invented drag."

Some deeply dead and buried part of Willow came briefly to life as she spoke of her friends, and Tara desired her even more. That vivacity, that spark, that wit and grace and laughter; who had murdered those parts of her Willow?

"You miss them a lot," Tara said softly, squeezing Willow briefly with her thighs.

"The ache of missing them will never go away," Willow replied. "I sometimes feel like I lost both of them, you know?"

"Why don't you see Xander more often?" Tara asked.

Willow hesitated.

And Tara understood.

Willow's tattoo. The scar on Giles' cheek, the hatred in Jenny's eyes. The miasma of despair that cloaked the painting, Whirlwind of Lovers. The Piri Reis map, the dojo, and curvaceous Faith.

Xander is the Marshal General of the Drakensdvaerder.

to be continued with 33: Wrist

Note 2 continued: This applies to all of you who remember far too much. I have repeatedly warned that this work is live, so I'm changing something I already wrote about. Some time back, I said that Lilith lived 400 years ago. She actually died some 600 years ago. You've seen why this is important.

Phoenix

Post subject: Re: The Apothecary - July 26 - Chapter 32: Comprehension
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:55 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

ibs!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:04 pm 
28. Com...plete

Fantastic chapter. I loved getting more backstory on Lillith :)

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:17 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Does 'ibs' count? I dunno....:D

Anyway, yus, update, radical! This is going to be yet another strange and nonlinear mix of the stuff I loved and thought whilst reading. Uh, first of all, focus is highly over rated! No one should focus, ever, and Tara should kiss Willow where ever the heck she wants to, immediately and often. Also, 'the enthusiastic cavorting of hippopotami' is hands down the funniest thing I've read in quite a while...still laughing....oh goodness. Heh.

Tara's explanation of how her ownership transfers reminded me of the Elder Wand in Harry Potter and learning more about Lilith - and more about Tara's past in general - was very cool. Other random thoughts include 'yay, durian!' and a big smile from me to you for writing the word rebuke just because it's a wonderful word.

So, Tara knows now that Xander is the Marshal General. What does that mean? I really have no idea, but I sure as sheep want to find out. Thanks for the update, especially seeing as you did battle with evil deadlines of the actual work variety to bring it to us. It's always very, very much appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:30 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Good to know some bits about Tara's past and that she did once had a kind and loving Master... So now Tara knows that Xander is the Masrshal General, I wonder what Tara is going to do with that information... I hope Tara soon realize that Faith really works for her Master and that she tells Willow & Co about that so they can take proper action...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:25 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hi, Phoenix! I only have a few comments this time 'round.

Quote:
At the moment he was bargaining with a vendor over the price for a teenage slave girl. She had dark skin, and eyes as smooth and hard as tourmaline.

What color tourmaline? This is very important. There are a quite a number of different colors, you know. Watermelon tourmaline, perhaps? :p

Quote:
"I mean, you're a superhero."

"Not back then I wasn't," Willow replied. "I was gangly and socially inept and had a horrible taste in clothing.

You don't mean to suggest that being socially inept and having a horrible taste in clothing means you can't be a super-hero? Spider-Man was the king of the socially adept (at least in the Marvel Age). And have you seen some super-hero costumes? I mean, built-in nipples on bat-suits?! I happen to be someone who likes the classic spandex. (Sorry, classic comic geek speaking! :p)

The Robin Hood references were fun, but I certainly didn't expect that Willow had actually told Buffy and Xander they were Little John and Maid Marian! I know Willow had really thought of herself as Robin Hood back then, but I thought she was just making the rest of the joke up for Tara's benefit.

So did emptying the back account actually impress the guy enough to get her into the gang, or was it just satisfying revenge?

Thanks again, Jens! 'Til next time!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:42 pm 
3. Flaming O

You probably don't remember me, but I def. remember you... so glad you started a new story, I can count on a great story from you :) You could seriously get this stuff published with different names for the characters :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:22 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

First, I have to apologize for missing feedback for the last few updates... I have been ridiculously busy, sorry about that! And I really need to go back and re-read because I read so them fast trying to catch up. :) I promise to leave much more timely and better feed back next time. :)

I can say they were extremely intense! In depth back stories are always good! And I love how they are sharing stories despite what may happen as a result of their divulging.

Wonderful stuff!
-anna

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:31 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

This story has so many wonderful twists and turns ... please keep the updates coming as I am so enjoying your portrayal of Tara and Willow! :D

-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:00 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I am finally back from a ten day vacation where I had no access to the Internet or to my mobile phone - I guess that's what they call "roughing it". (Yes, I actually camped in a tent, too. And it rained. I'm a mountain woman.)

Here's some long overdue fb to fb!

jayw/t4ever - Congrats on the dibs for 31. I'm so excited I could pull you out of lurkerdom and I'm really glad you are enjoying this fic. Sorry the updates have been sparse - I had thought to update sooner, but no Internet means no update. Thanks for reading!

Nue - I'm glad I could pull you away from real life and work for a moment. As always, thanks for reading!

formerphoenix - Hello! You're right - this is the first I've written of Xander and Cordelia. They were an item on the show and I thought to resurrect it for fun. Mid-chapter omniscient narrator of doom? Nice. That's a leaf out of Stephen King's book - he really got me with it when I read Bag of Bones.

As for tourmaline - I guess a bit more research would have been in order. Not watermelon. :) And in the show, they did have quite the witty repartee - a comment about Robin Hood and company would have been entirely in character for them. Willow being the chatterbox she is, would definitely have made jokes about her robbing the rich to feed the poor. Great comments, and thank you!

Zooey's Bridge - I can't recall if you spoke about Riley earlier, but I'm glad to make him a humane and generous character in this story. No bum's rush for him. There's more to him (of course), but he'll stay true. I'm glad you noticed!

is "ibs" a word? If it is, congrats on the ibs for the next chapter!

Owl - You weren't the only one wondering about Willow's return to the poppy den. It took me a long time to figure out what Willow had been doing (as in, I only figured it out when I wrote this chapter on Angyles). I'm so glad you are enjoying the fluffy blanket for the brain.

Are you still laughing over the enthusiastic cavorting of hippopotami? I can get it needlepointed on a pillow for you... I'm pleased to bring you the next update shortly, and I'm pretty sure you'll like it. It's about wrists.

ophelia11 - Doesn't that game sound like fun? It was entertaining to write, I assure you. I had hoped it wasn't getting too drawn out, weaving the present and the past together, but they each have such amazing histories - I love to share the little bits that come to mind. More deliciousness awaits!

restlessminds - Now I understand what a holiday sans technology feels like. I'm glad you enjoyed the updates - and an embarrassment of riches over the word flensed? I like words. And latest legend might be too far, but thanks for saying it!

barnabasvamp - I'm glad you enjoyed the game and I hope you continue to enjoy the story!

little bit Unfortunately, I have never personally played this game. However, if you do, please let me know how it goes! (It could be a fun experiment, yes?) As for the pain and anguish - everyone gets it at one point or another... it's moving on that's the key. There will be some nice moving on for our girls soon. And Revenant is an original novel that I'm getting ready for publication. Very exciting! Another update is coming right up, with fewer twists and turns and more kissing. Thanks for reading!

Zampsa - You among many others enjoyed the kissing game. Now that Tara knows about Xander, all sorts of things might change. I wouldn't know really - I haven't written it yet! I guess we'll both see. Thanks always for reading.

CrazyTaraWitch - I'm glad you enjoyed the backstory on Lilith. I've only touched on her briefly in the past, so I was glad to introduce a bit more of her and why she was so important to Tara. I hope you enjoy the next update.

synthwrr - I do remember you, and thanks for coming on board and saying hello. I actually do plan on getting this one published, so enjoy it in it's W/T incarnation while you can! Thanks for commenting.

irishgrl3 - You don't have to apologize for being busy. I know how it is. I just appreciate you popping in. Thanks Anna, and I hope you enjoy the next chapter.

That's everyone. I'm not sure if I'll get the update up tonight or tomorrow night - depends on how much I can get done around here. I think you'll enjoy it. I have to up the rating...

... and it's called Wrist.

See you soon!

Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:13 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

yay!
awesome story

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:27 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

chipperdyke - Welcome to my story and thanks for commenting! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Rating change: NC-17

[center]~33~
Wrist
[/center]

Xander is the Marshal General of the Drakensdvaerder.

Tara didn't say her thought out loud, yet Willow went entirely still. It felt as unnatural to Tara as any force brought to a sudden halt. Her eyes stayed wide and open, and whatever small movements they had been making in this leggy and fruitful embrace ground to a halt.

Willow didn't even blink.

Then.

"You understand who he is, don't you?" Willow said; her voice was low and steady. Tara wondered if she was about to get the kitchen knife stuck in her gut.

Who knows the secrets of a Drakensdvaerder?

"Yes," Tara replied.

Finally Willow blinked, but it looked deliberate; an appeasement to Tara's delicate immortal senses.

The slightest shifting away.

"Are we going to survive this?" Willow asked.

Tara wasn't sure how to answer, or even if she wanted to. To buy more time, she asked, "Survive what?"

"Us."

Could any two letter word be more beautiful? Tara stared at Willow's lips as she formed the word, so she could see her touch her teeth with her tongue, see the tightening of her jaw.

Tara had her answer, and it was a refrain Willow had already heard before. "I guess that depends on what your definition of survive is, Willow," Tara said. "I will live forever and survive everything." Try as she could, she couldn't quite keep the soul-deep ache from penetrating her words, covering them in frost.

"I don't suppose there is any way you can make me immortal like you?" Willow asked, finally, blessedly, shifting in Tara's embrace again, lit with the soft naphtha lamp of the kitchen. Shadows drew strange shapes around the fruit splayed on the tile; half her beloved face was similarly softened with shades of grey.

"You mean like a vampyre?" Tara asked, a small smile gracing her lips. "I suppose you learned in the Drakensdvaerder that they are now extinct." Willow smiled, and Tara felt she had to keep explaining what truly resided in her heart. "Besides, you won't need to be a vampyre to be immortal, Will," she said. "You'll live forever, because my memory of you will never fade. You will be a flower in eternal bloom; even though the whole world be destroyed, you will yet remain."

"And though we spend each and every day for the rest of my mortal life talking, you could never tell me even a tenth of what you've experienced," Willow said, unleashing her most devastating attack: her eyes crinkling in concern, her voice bleeding under the brunt of Tara's deaths.

And just like that first day, the day in her den, the only part spared from Drusilla's ravishment, Tara looked at Willow and wanted to taste her. Badly. There, in the hollow of her throat. The skin near her ear.

Her wrist.

No devil could be more seductive.

Tara was staring at Willow's lips, and Willow blushed under that steady and soul deep desire. Then Willow's hands fidgeted at Tara's knees; with some effort Tara lifted her eyes.

"Why do you feel that way?" Willow asked.

Tara blinked.

"I'm sorry," Willow blushed. "Sometimes I come to this conclusion in my head, my little thought train on the tracks, and forget that you weren't there for the ride. You may be ten thousand years old, but you still can't read minds."

"Six thousand, Willow. Six. Don't make me older than I already am."

Willow grinned, running her lip over her lower teeth, and then she sobered enough to say, "I mean, what I found out with Angyles. Your soul deep desire that I was going to use to destroy you. It was me, wasn't it? I mean, that's what I wanted to find out, and even though the water does reflect whatever is staring at it, it was magical water, so you must have meant me."

Tara threw away what parts of those sentences she couldn't immediately grasp, and hung on to the one that meant the most. This question, almost offhand and hidden by babble, was more important than any other. Did Willow deliberately try to emasculate it, and deny it power? Did she still harbour secret fears of loss and abandonment?

Willow continued, "And it's not like we even met before that first day in your den. I mean, I came to the poppy den, and maybe you watched me through the vid, but there would be nothing to make me different from anybody else down there. What did you see in me that I can't even see in myself?"

Willow paused, and Tara said, "Mortal mirrors could never show a true reflection of your character, Willow. What did I see when I looked upon you for the first time? I cannot now remember exactly, but I know it had to do with innocence, beauty, and resilience."

Willow blushed lightly, and Tara continued, "What dream did you ask me for?"

"I said I wanted to dream of my best friend, Buffy."

"Do you realize what sort of dreams I make, Willow?" Tara asked. When Willow shook her head, she continued, "I sometimes make dreams of joy. More often I make dreams of hatred, of revenge, of shallow and watery futures, of inconsequential things that swallow my clients whole and leave me reeling with regret. So few are like you. Too few.

"And then when I returned, you knelt at my feet and asked after me. True character doesn't hide, Will. I was more touched at that moment than I had been in years. Of course I wanted you. Who doesn't want what they think they can never have?"

"No one has ever wanted me," Willow whispered, and the wonder was deep in her voice. "Not like..."

This.

She didn't get to finish her sentence, for Tara was kissing her, ever so softly, there on her pert and youthful lips. Just as Willow was about to melt into her, to the shattering of the last of her defences, Tara lifted her mouth and lifted Willow's neck, and then began kissing her way down the front of Willow's throat. Her skin was coated with a light sheen of summer heat and desire; to Tara's love-starved lips and tongue it was ambrosia.

There, the hollow of her throat. Willow's spine bent with Tara's hands behind it, offering Tara a smooth and wondrous expanse of skin. Even the fabric beneath her fingers could not suffice; Tara ran her hands up under her silky top as she kissed the hollow of Willow's throat, pressing her tongue firmly into the cleft of space.

She was rewarded with a fierce intake of air, and her girlfriend's hands in her hair.

Supporting Willow with only one hand, Tara pulled her other hand out of Willow's shirt and began to run the tips of her fingers along the crest of Willow's arm, lifting her mouth to kiss the skin in the crook of Willow's elbow.

And then she held Willow's wrist, and looked up into her eyes.

Your dream is ready.

There had been confusion in Willow's eyes, that first day in her den. To the everlasting expansion of Tara's heart, there was only intention in them now, a nearly fierce intent, to meet Tara fully on this blessed ground. There was memory as well, though Tara doubted Willow could know how much Tara had desired this exact moment.

She looked into Willow's darkened eyes as she licked the delicate skin of her wrist, and when she puffed a small breath upon it, Willow's entire body shivered in a most glorious cascade. Never breaking eye contact, Tara kissed Willow's wrist again, pressed her tongue against the spidery veins, and then nibbled lightly.

Then.

Near growling with that ferocious intent, Willow captured Tara's lips, and hard. Tara barely noticed Willow bearing her down to the floor, scattering the fruit about them; the dreamberry burst beneath Willow's forearm. She was more interested in the hard and lithe thigh that parted her legs, in the hot and fierce kisses being rained down upon her lips. Her hands were as eager as Willow's; she caressed every part of skin she could as Willow stretched them both out upon the hard tiled floor.

It was Willow now who became the explorer; Tara's lips felt empty as Willow began to kiss her way down her jaw, down her throat, visiting those same spots that Tara had lingered upon. The molten core of her began to grow hard, desperate. There was a little friction between their shorts, some small movements that Willow may even be unaware that she was making; the slightness of it was about to drive Tara mad with unfulfillment.

But then Willow kissed the crest of her breast, one of her hands inside Tara's shirt, the other propping her up. She flicked her eyes up to her, and they were as they had been the first day, a pure reflection of her soul. To see her dripping with want, fiery with need, alive with desire over Tara herself; the six thousand year old djinn could have wept for the joy of it.

"Is this all right?" Willow asked.

"Oh, yes," Tara breathed, but Willow was already moving further, lifting the hemline of Tara's shirt to lay small and soft kisses on her abdomen. Each of those kisses sparked depth charges deep in Tara's body; explosions rocketing from the center of those kisses down her blazing nerves, her limbs trembling with suppressed emotions.

Then Willow lifted her head again, and her eyes were glittering in the naphtha lamps. It struck Tara again how grateful she was to see Willow's face whole; no broken nose, no snaking black eye. Willow's acceptance of her oath with Anya made a little more sense now that she understood the depths to which Willow would go to gain knowledge. How Willow had discovered the truth of Angyles Tara did not yet know, nor which one of the Marshal Generals had enslaved him to begin with.

All fear she had once had of hurting Willow physically was nearly gone; eroded with knowledge of the red-head's gifts. All her fears now were of a different sort.

losing her!

Tara nearly leapt upwards to fasten her lips to Willow's; she wrapped her arms solidly about Willow's body as she swept up to her knees, scattering fruit across the floor. Willow held on to her as she lifted them up and off the floor, not releasing her from their kiss, their mouths frantic with each other.

Into the darkened and cork-muffled confines of her bedchamber, where Tara was diverted from her bed by her new lover, who spun her and pressed her with fierce insistence against the wall. Only the most diffuse of streetlight entered this chamber, spun into the room through the cloth of her curtains like pixie dust. It settled on Willow's vibrant skin with fascination, as hungry for her as Tara was.

Willow placed her thigh between Tara's legs and then somehow lifted, just enough, just so Tara was dancing on the tips of her toes, even as she captured Tara's wrists with her hands. From some deep and incredible well of insight, Willow was now focusing all her titanic attention on Tara's wrists, keeping Tara's body lifted. Her hands had been raised above her head; Willow was now bringing them down, slowly, tenderly, reigning in the raging fever that had overtaken them both, lengthening this most important moment.

Down, down, turning until her palms were upward near her breasts, and it was there that Willow paused, and hovered. Her mouth descended, and she simultaneously brushed the skin of Tara's wrist with her tongue as she applied slight pressure to the core she held trapped on her thigh.

An organic shiver, deep inside, curling Tara's toes and her spine and eventually her head, and Willow did not stop there; she turned her attention to the other wrist, and laved her tongue over it, lifting and restarting, experimenting with pressure and softness, nipping lightly with her teeth, sucking softly.

"Willow," Tara gasped, or thought she gasped. The pressure between her legs was all consuming; the friction of their shorts combined with the lithe hardness of the fighter's thigh and the softness of the fighter's tongue on her wrist.

Oh, God, her wrist!

This time when Willow lifted her head from her feasting of Tara's wrists, Tara was ready. Enough playing. She needed to possess Willow, to consume her, to make her cry out until the windows shattered and the curtains shivered, to carve her way into the very soul of her lover and anchor her in the world of the living forever and ever.

She wrapped her hands around Willow's neck, guided her lips to her own. She fiercely sucked Willow's tongue into her mouth and ran her hands down Willow's spine, curling around the front of her to cup her silk-covered breasts. Willow gasped there momentarily in their kiss; a sound of pure delight. Tara grabbed the hem of her tank top and began to lift.

No hesitation, even though Willow was bare-breasted underneath.

The girl even assisted with the final scrabble, when they had to break their kiss so that the shirt could be tossed away. Tara had no time to visually contemplate the beauty of those small and pert breasts; Willow immediately mashed her body back against Tara's, kissing whatever skin came near; her jaw, her throat, her collarbone. Tara felt afire; it was a molten ocean of lava that she danced in, waves of pure desire that lapped against her shores, and the vast, the great tsunami that crept closer and closer, whispering of delights she hadn't experienced in half a thousand years.

"Willow," she cried out again, when Willow tasted the tender skin by her ear, cupping Tara's breasts through her shirt.

"I want you," Willow breathed, touching the lobe of Tara's ear with her tongue. "Oh, God, how I want you." She followed her tempestuous words by holding lightly to Tara's ear with her teeth. "I want to kiss you and love you and make you mine."

The words were thunderclaps, and Tara reeled with them as Willow began to lift up her shirt.

Tara wrestled out of her top as eagerly as Willow had; they came together next with skin on skin for the very first time. The feeling of that skin, so soft with such hard muscles underneath; Tara's wandering hands came upon training scars and she could have cried for the hurt they must have dealt. Tara began to push backwards, guiding Willow as they kissed their way to her bed. The last impediment was their shorts; was Willow really ready for this?

Willow's legs bucked against the frame of the bed and she sat down, tearing herself away from Tara's grasp. In the evanescent light, her high and firm breasts were lifting with her brightened breath, and Tara found her gaze arrested by the sight of them. From the corner of her eye she could see the slightest tinge of worry in Willow's eyes; how did she measure up to Tara's other lovers?

"You are so beautiful, Willow," she began to say, and then her words were arrested by the piercing joy on Willow's face, followed by a naked and hungry gaze on her own breasts; her lover lifted a tentative hand to touch them.

"Oh, yes," Tara breathed.

Willow's war-callused fingers traced the swelling curve of Tara's breast, and then she wrapped her fingers to cup her breast in her palm, running her thumb over the hardened nipple. Tara made some sort of sound; she could not really discern what it was, other than a pure keening of arousal and hunger. She was still half-standing, half-leaning over Willow, but not for much longer.

Willow scooted back on the bedsheets until her entire body was fully on top; she wore the most irresistible and alluring smile Tara had ever seen. The sight of it struck her like a fist to her gut. "Come here, my love," Willow said, crooking a finger to beckon her near.

Winded, Tara began to crawl her way up to her, her heart yammering in her chest. She was halted in her wanderings by the glory of Willow's navel; she settled her body down and touched it with her tongue, swirling around before dipping lightly inside. She felt, rather than saw, Willow's hands grasp the bedsheets with a curled and insistent fist.

When Willow's spine lifted next in a curl of pure delight, Tara thrust her hands underneath, lending her own support. She began to kiss her way up Willow's firm abdomen, her lips and tongue lingering on the thin and nearly invisible scars across the belly. For a moment she remembered that her own hand had been on the blade that dealt one of those horrific wounds; who had dared to deliver the other? She thrust those thoughts away with a silent prayer of thanksgiving for Anya and her gifts. She encountered other scars on her way up Willow's body; she blessed each of them with a kiss.

Then Willow's breasts, and she had to start by tasting the swell at the top, just as she had dreamed of since that first day. Willow continued to ripple and writhe under her steadfast attentions, her fingers and toes curling reflexively again and again on the sheets. It was there, kissing the skin above Willow's heart, that Tara felt part of her own heart be neatly excised away. She lifted her head and Willow was there, her eyes barely discernible in the darkness.

"Only you," Tara breathed. "Only you have I desired. It's only you that I want. Willow Rosenberg, from the moment I saw you I knew I wanted only you."

Willow responded by pulling at her with her exquisitely strong hands; Tara felt herself propelled upwards to Willow's lips. They kissed, and the kisses that started off fiery and fierce slowed under the weight of the moment, for they both felt that some final precipice awaited, some final edge; a marker to forever differentiate the before and after of this moment.

It was as they were kissing, in this slow and nearly maddeningly languourous fashion, that Tara realized Willow's hands were at the hem of her shorts. Whatever slight question or hesitation Willow employed Tara swiftly solved by pausing and breaking the kiss long enough to wriggle out of her shorts.

No hesitation, even though yesterday they had tried to kill each other.

Willow took Tara's hands, and put them on her own shorts, and pleaded with her eyes.

Tara understood, and grasped them with her hands. Keeping her eyes on her lover, she began to tug them down. Halfway down Willow's outer thigh Tara's hand encountered the worst scar yet; slightly raised, an inch wide and several inches long. Following only instinct, she dipped her head to kiss it as well, and caught the scent of Willow's arousal.

The shorts were then quickly stripped away, discarded somewhere in the warm silver cocoon of her bedchamber.

When Tara came up again to her lover, Willow's eyes were wide and velvet with need and tenderness. She was already squirming deliciously under Tara's naked body. "How do I...?" she asked.

Tara blinked, a most lucious lowering of her eyelashes, and then once again she took hold of Willow's wrist.

"Like this," she whispered.

To be continued with Chapter 34: Surrender

Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:27 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

dibs

I can't believe I actually managed to get my first dibs on this story whilst having a broken computer. It's a strange and wonderful miracle. And wow, what a chapter. Wow. If I had have known you were going to update when you did I certainly wouldn't have spent 20 minutes making an omelette beforehand because it just sat there getting cold and gross as I read this several times and completley ignored it. That being said, I'd definitely take update over omelette any day.

This chapter was beautiful from beginning to end; there certainly wasn't time for anything silly like blinking. It absolutely made up for all of Tara's bothersome focus and its tendency to thus far impede all of that lovely wrist-kissing. I want to quote and comment on twelve hundred trillion things but I won't coz that'd be crazy. Instead I'll write a sincere thank you for this most wonderful update followed by a hearty call for more! and finish with some minor quotage.

Quote:
You may be ten thousand years old, but you still can't read minds.

Heh, ten thousand. Willow is cheeky.

Last edited by Owl on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Apothecary - August 11 - Chapter 33: Wrist
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:18 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Oh my! I think you broke my brain! It's babbling incoherently at the moment. You're amazing at writing the intensity of their emotions!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:03 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I'm also beginning to wonder how they are going to spend the rest of their days, is Willow going to be an immortal or will Tara give up her immortality...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:53 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Thanks for the update, Jen! (Although you HAD to post it during the one hour last night that I was away from the computer so I couldn't sneak a peek into the thread and try for dibs, didn't you? :p )

Maybe I've been reading this story in too many bits and pieces, or maybe I'm just being dense (hey, it's been known to happen ;) ) but I'm still not entirely clear on what exactly the Drakensdvaerder does. And why it's a big deal to Tara that Xander is the Marshal General.I mean obviously Willow is pretty high up there in rank, too, so what's the difference?

Quote:
"You mean like a vampyre?" Tara asked, a small smile gracing her lips. "I suppose you learned in the Drakensdvaerder that they are now extinct."
That's a hoot and a half, knowing the source of your characters. :lol

And wherever did you learn to write sex scenes? :clap I admit that I read through it fast when it deserved to be slowly savoured, because I can't help but read fast--I want to know what happens (whine). I'm quite anxious to see where you're taking it since you couldn't contain all that sexy goodness into a solitary chapter! :read

Thanks again to Jen x2! :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:37 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

ooh I really liked this update! :D The intensity between Willow and Tara was captured very well! Please keep this story going as the concept and characters are proving very interesting! :D

-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:44 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

This chapter was beautiful and felt like a whisper to me. That's all I think I can bring myself to say as it thunders and quakes through me. Your writing knows no bounds, Jen. Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:19 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Sorry, no fb to fb tonight. Just the update. Enjoy!

Rating: NC-17

[center]~34~
Surrender
[/center]

Five years previously

"Will? Will, come here, you need to rest and tie that bandage tighter. You're bleeding all over the floor."

Willow barely heard Buffy's words. She was busy trying to keep the raging pain in her body behind a wall, trying to forget that she was aching with exhaustion, hunger and thirst. In the last chamber, she had been stabbed deeply in the thigh with a Kris dagger, and her blood had spurted in a warm and wet stream when she yanked it out.

She still managed to use it on her attacker in return, and buried it in his side where the wound hopefully wouldn't kill him. It had bought her enough time to escape to this chamber, dragging Buffy behind her. In hindsight, this chamber hadn't been the best choice. The door had sealed automatically and there was a coundown clock beside it, and it didn't take a rocket surgeon to know that wasn't a good sign.

or is that rocket scientist?

She needed to force her muggy brain to cooperate because she had less than twelve minutes to get she and Buffy out of this chamber.

There was a vid terminal in front of her. The characters on it might as well have been in Klingon. Wait, maybe they were. Would any of her superiors have sense of humour enough to make this vital test in Klingon?

"I don't have time to rest, Buffy. See that countdown clock over there? Less than twelve minutes."

Her voice spoke, but she couldn't really have said that she knew what she was about to say. She had been starved and beaten for the last twelve days. Not to mention shorn of her hair and very recently stabbed.

Twelve. The freaking Drakensdvaerder Council sure had a fascination with the number twelve. She found her mind beginning to count to twelve like the Count from Sesame Street, complete with maniacal laughter after the number four.

you're losing it, Rosenberg.

"I don't care if it's less than one minute. If you bleed out on me, we're both screwed. Please come here."

Willow shook off her voice as she would shake off a gnat. She continued staring at the vid screen, knowing that normally she would understand the challenge in only a moment; she was the best cipher and hacker the Drakensdvaerder had seen in decades. Today of all days she could not wring coherence from her mind, and now that the Count was here, he wouldn't leave.

"Just let me concentrate," Willow said, using every ounce of strength to stay standing, to keep up that wall between herself and her horrific injuries. "Even though you're the Marshal General-Elect, if I fail at this they'll still let us die. There is no halfway for Lieutenants."

She was unconsciously echoing the words of her commanding officer, who had warned her before she had elected to undergo all twelve of the Lieutenant Trials.

"The only Lieutenant is one who has been tested in battle," Willow continued to mutter, beginning to poke at the Klingon puzzle before her. "If you fail the Trials, you will fail as a Lieutenant. Thus there is no failing of the Trials. You succeed, or you're dead."

"You had the choice, Will," Buffy pleaded from her slumped position, leaning against the wall. "Why do you always have to push so damn hard? Do you think I like seeing you hurt like this? Dammit, Will, there was no way out for me, but there was for you. Why are you doing this?"

"The question is a little academic at this point, isn't it?" Willow floated back. Her fingers were moving like molasses over the controls, wrestling out a comet here and there; a brief shining moment of lucidity that vanished too quickly in the fog-shrouded atmosphere of her agonized body. Thirst and more was driving her mad.

Would they possibly have tried a quantum entangled cipher? No, far too mortal for them, when they had all the information of the underworld to draw on as well. Perhaps it was a standard substitution, but then they would have placed the codebreaker somewhere.

Unless they meant it to be impossible. Unless they wanted me and Buffy dead.

Black fog and nonsense was creeping up her eyes. She found herself staring at her hands, which were now gripping the keyboard in a last ditch effort to keep her body vertical.

"Rosenberg, come here! That's an order!" Buffy laced her voice with every ounce of authority she could muster, and Willow found herself wrenched from the controls and walking on clouds of broken glass over to her best friend, whose hair had also been shaved off, who was also beaten and torn and worse.

Willow had found her in the eighth chamber of her ordeal, but she was not fast enough to save her. Buffy had been doused with some potion that turned her muscles weak; she could not walk, she could barely speak. She had turned into an instant liability.

Thus the dragging and the slumping.

"Sit in front of me and lean against me," Buffy ordered.

Willow did so.

"Take off your shirt and tie your thigh up tighter before you bleed out." When Willow put half her attention on taking off her shirt and half on the clock, Buffy hissed, "Stop staring at the clock and focus!"

Her hands were sticky with blood and sweat, but they finally did as Buffy bid, and her wound was tied tighter.

"Now pick up my arms and put them around you."

How was this the hardest of all? Willow closed her eyes and picked up Buffy's limp arms, and draped them around her like cloth. She allowed herself to lean back against Buffy's warm and solid body and now it took even more of her strength to funnel away the pain, the thirst, the hunger, the exhaustion, and the fact that there were now only six minutes left on the clock. She wore only a combat bra now, and though she knew they were being watched, she did not care. Not here, at the end of everything.

"Remember Will, there is only the now," Buffy breathed into her ear, trying to obscure her mouth's movements with the stubbled and blood streaked expanse of Willow's baldness. "If we die here, then at least we die together, and I will die happy, because I'm with you."

"I want to save you, Buffy." Willow's voice was small. "Can't you let me save you?"

"Let me save you first. And to achieve the victory here, you need to surrender."

Through the haze of faint and the monster of pain behind her prison walls, Willow managed to protest. She wanted to reiterate that there was no halfway, that if she surrendered here, it was all over. Thrust so precipitously into the afterlife, could she be at peace with the life she lived, a life so perilously out of balance? So much pain, and the joys few and far between.

There could be no surrender.

Before Willow could even attempt to say any portion of these words, Buffy continued to speak. "You misunderstand me, Will. I need you to surrender to your body. You're trying too hard. You can't do everything at once. I know you're in pain, God, Will, I know it," and here Buffy's voice shivered like glass, and the shards of it went straight into Willow's memory. Buffy swiftly regained her composure and continued, "You need to just feel, okay? Just acknowledge it, let it flood you, say that you know it hurts. Just a little surrender. Trust me."

"I trust you," Willow said automatically, the idea nebulous and terrifying.

She knew she had to stand up first. Buffy hid her face even deeper and whispered something while her blood was roaring, and only later did Willow realize what she had said. Something the Marshal General-Elect never said.

"I'm scared, Will."

[center]*****[/center]

Willow had never in her life surrendered to anything that felt this good. It was glorious to have the thought of surrendering to her body to the taste of cherry instead of the taste of blood.

That kiss, that small surrender of moments ago, was only a single drop of lusciousness, and now she was experiencing a deluge.

Her walls were down; her surrender continued.

Tara seemed to have an endearing fascination with wrists. The djinn's eyes had nearly popped from her skull as she writhed and smoked on Willow's thigh, as Willow paid exquisite attention to her wrists. A being of fire and lava, a genie with a collar, six thousand years old and she wanted only Willow.

At one point in her life, all Willow wanted was to be a Lieutenant, and it seemed forever out of her reach. She could never be fast enough, strong enough, brave enough. But even deeper was the unconscious truth of what she really wanted, and what she needed more than air or water; she needed an ocean of love, more than a whirlwind, more than a spark fanned brightly to a flame that would die all too soon.

All she wanted was to love, and be loved.

All she wanted was this.

She was in the muffled privacy of Tara's bedchamber, and above her head was the scream-catcher with twisted doe-skin. Her mind shut away the thought of its first purpose, and wondered if there were other ways she could make Tara scream this night.

Willow was almost surprised at her hunger for Tara. It seemed an insatiable beast, and licked at her insides the way starvation had during her Lieutenant's Trial. Could she possibly feast enough on her new lover to appease this beast?

She rather thought not.

She was also pleasantly surprised to discover that she felt no more fear, no apprehension. Her sexual encounters had been few and far between throughout the years; no one had filled her the way she craved. She hadn't been looking for love where she had found it in Tara, but at least she had learned never to waste time on regrets. Not when only the now mattered.

Bury the past.

Tara's immortal skin was covered in a light sheen of fairydust; streetlight spilling through the mundane curtains was transformed into a thing of beauty. She was draped over her on the bed and her weight was comforting, and her skin was hot, and Willow could have cried aloud for the joy of it. Tara's breasts, firm against her own. Tara's leg between her thigh.

And Tara's hand upon her wrist, guiding her down to the secret place.

Her lover swallowed rather heavily as Willow's hand brushed against her mound. As Willow's fingers slid through the moist folds, she realized that this was Tara's molten core, the center of her heated being, and she could bring her to an eruption.

Willow was still operating more on exploration and discovery than anything else. She grew entranced with the flicker in Tara's eyes as she moved her fingers along those silken folds, pressing slightly inward before pulling outward again, circling and teasing the hardened nub. This exploration got a little more difficult to maintain as Tara began to kiss her way down to Willow's breast.

When Tara enfolded her nipple in her mouth, Willow's fingers involuntarily jerked, and Tara's entire body shivered. Wrapping her free hand in Tara's hair, keeping her lover's pressure on her breast, Willow resumed stroking, her own shivers and finger spasms translating to a wave of delight for her lover.

Tara shifted to the other breast, giving Willow enough purchase to slide two fingers inside her; Tara had barely encircled her nipple with her firm lips when had to lift her head to gasp and growl.

Willow was entranced with the response, so she began to slowly and firmly pump her two fingers. In the silvery darkness, her body throbbing with need and blood, Willow sensed that something inside Tara was changing. She knew full well what it was. It was the same precipice that came closer and closer for herself, a place so rarely discovered with her male partners.

"I'm not going anywhere without you," Tara growled, and snuck her hand between their bodies. She gently dislodged Willow's slick fingers, and then her far vaster experience came into play; she slid her fingers along Willow's fold and held them there, then began rocking, her juices warm over Willow's thigh, their cores melded together and connected by her strong fingers.

"Come with me, my Willow," Tara whispered.

Willow barely needed an invitation; she could already feel the pressure building, the nerves firing, her loins weeping with joy and desire, and over her, around her, within her was Tara, who desired only her.

Only this.

Willow's hands were hard against Tara's lower back, holding her there, trying to add even more depth to the event that was coming, the eruption that would consume them both, her toes curling and her body writhing and her breathing short and harried and upon it all, within every moment, spun into every heartbeat, whispering along the racing waves of blood was the sense of her soul's healing and completion, for this woman, this djinn, this Tara desired only her.

No one has ever wanted me.

Tara's lips, crushing against her own, and Willow opened her mouth for Tara to come in. Her tongue, sliding inside her cheek as her fingers ground even deeper at Willow's core.

(I need you to surrender to your body.

Just a little surrender.)

Willow let her walls down, and the remarkably intuitive djinn immediately noticed. She smiled as she kissed Willow, and as the last of Willow's tension dissolved her body exploded; her thighs clenched again and again, trapping Tara's hand. Her legs spasmed, and from her lips issued some sort of sound, caught neatly within Tara's mouth.

One moment of reality-bending bliss, and then Tara came as well, bucking against her trapped hand, her head snapping back and her spine curling underneath Willow's hands.

Then aching and wet stillness, and Tara's body curling deeper into her, and the most amazing orgasm notwithstanding, it was this moment that Willow treasured, when Tara laid her head upon Willow's breast, tucked her hands and feet tight and close and then breathed those rocking and tempestuous breaths.

Again Willow was struck by differences; she had always been the submissive one. Having Tara curled on top of her meant another emotion was rocketed to the front of her body: protection.

She didn't realize that she was the one Tara needed protecting from. That knowledge would come later, at the blood price of a gazelle.

The taste of her would not last long enough. Already Willow wanted more of her, wanted to touch her and taste her and memorize the smooth planes of her skin.

It seemed Tara already had the same idea; she lifted Willow's hand to caress her wrist, and once again she licked it, and puffed a soft and sensuous breath upon it, and Willow nearly came again. She grit her teeth to prolong the sensations, and Tara, the vixen, was now licking her way up Willow's arm.

By the time Tara had suckled on her forearm, Willow's higher brain function had completely surrendered to the passion that expanded within her like an atom bomb. She almost roughly brought Tara back up to her again, kissing her near savagely.

And tasted the nearly dried ruins of the dreamberry on Tara's lips, the fruit she was not allowed to partake.

Willow immediately pulled away, and saw surprise and fear flickering in Tara's widened eyes. "No time to explain," Willow breathed. "Whatever happens, I'm all right, okay? Trust me. I'm all..."

To be continued (eventually) with 35: Dreamberry

Phoenix

Post subject: Re: The Apothecary - August 20 - Chapter 34: Surrender
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:30 pm 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

Dibs I say
Wow, powerful update, be back at a sane hour to leave proper feedback.

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:47 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Oh my, what a cliffhanger. I really hope Willow doesn't spaz out and try to kill Tara. As much as naked wrestling appeals to me, I'd rather not see Willow and Tara's love making turn into bloodshed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:13 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Enchanting update! I'm totally enraptured by this story. Aaaargh....another cliffhanger!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:45 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I hope that Tara and Willow are able to enjoy their time together without interruptions...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next