The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Class of 99
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:12 pm 
3. Flaming O

• Title: Class of 99

• Author: eday69

• Distribution: Anyone can have it if they want.

• Spoilers: None AU

• Rating: NC-17

• Pairing: W/T

• Summary: Willow is new in school and in the band, Tara is a cheerleader. Stuff happens.

Hi All,
I'm back with my latest piece. I haven't been in High school in forever, but I took most of the scenes from my own experiences so it should be half way decent...maybe. I hope you enjoy.

Chapter 1
Tara opened the heavy metal doors to the school and was greeted with the smell of pencil shavings and teenagers. She looked around trying to locate her friends, and they didn’t disappoint. Planted firmly around the table they had designated as their own since freshman year, sat most of the varsity cheerleading squad. Tara made her way over to the table, thinking they all must look like clones. She supposed that was the point, they were all instructed to wear their uniforms on the first day of school. Buffy, Cordelia and Anya, her three best friends, all sat around the table chatting as she approached.

“Hey Tara!” Buffy greeted when she caught sight of the blond.

“Hey guys.” Tara did a small wave, threw her backpack down on the table and sat.

“It’s so great being a senior this year, we rule the school.” Buffy said and puffed out her chest.

The other girls chuckled. “We’ve been seniors all of 5 minutes Buff.” Cordelia retorted as she checked her make up in her pocket mirror.

“I don’t know, I just have a good feeling about this year you know.” Buffy tried to explain.

“Uh, I don’t know why. I would give anything to not be here.” Anya said with a groan. “My first class is Government, I mean seriously, how do they expect me to stay awake in that class?”

Tara glanced at the clock to see how long they had before first bell, then she noticed her. She was walking through the same doors Tara had come in moments before. Her fiery, just below the shoulders, wavy red hair shimmered with gold streaks as the florescent lights hit it just right. She was wearing a tight black t-shirt that said something in white letters Tara couldn’t make out. Her jeans were tight too and fit perfectly around her hips. Her flat stomach seemed to peek out slightly between her shirt and jeans. Tara was sure she was new at the school, she would have remembered such a gorgeous woman before. The girl seemed to glance around the lunch room before finding what she was looking for and continued walking. She had turned now and Tara got a wonderful view of her back side, which was perfect in every way. Tara found her eyes following the redhead as the girl sat down 5 tables away and began talking with two guys, seemingly her friends.

“Tara!” Tara was brought out of her stare by Cordelia.

“What?”

“I asked what’s your first class?”

“Oh..uh..” Tara grabbed her schedule out of her bag and looked at it. She had long since memorized her class schedule, but being flustered over the goddess that just came in she couldn’t remember a single class. “World Lit.”

“Eww that sucks, I hate English.” Buffy said.

“You hate anything that isn’t gym.” Anya remarked.

“No it’s cool, I got Mr. Anderson again this year, it’s actually the only class I’m looking forward to.” Tara replied, her eyes seeking out the redhead again. “Do you guys know who the redhead is? I think she’s new.” She asked pointing out the girl of her dreams.

The three blonds all turned to look where Tara was pointing.

“I don’t know some band geek.” Cordelia said.

“How do you know?” Tara questioned, miffed that Cordelia had called the girl a geek.

“Um, she’s sitting at the band table Tara.” Buffy said in her uh-duh voice.

Buffy was right, the girl was planted firmly at the band table. Tara sighed, how could such a beauty be such a geek. Maybe she isn’t really in band and just friends of these guys. No probably not the case, she wouldn’t know them if she wasn’t in band, but maybe… Tara’s thoughts were cut short as the first bell rang and students started shuffling around gathering their bags and making their way to their first class. Maybe she’ll be in one of my classes. Tara thought as she made her way down the halls.

Tara was disappointed, the redhead hadn’t been in any of her classes before lunch. She found Cordelia and Anya waiting at their table at lunch.

“Where’s Buffy?” Tara questioned.

“Right here.” Buffy said from behind Tara causing her to jump a little.

“Let’s go.”

The girls made their way across the street to the grocery store.

“This is so cool we get off campus.” Buffy remarked as they all slowly walked through the strip mall.

“Buffy we’ve had off campus since Freshman year.” Tara said.

“I know, but now we’re seniors now so it’s much much cooler.” Buffy explained.

“I can’t believe we have practice so much, it’s cutting into my social time.” Cordelia whined.

“Cordy, you know why we have to practice so much, Homecoming is um…coming soon and we have to settle on a sweet routine. After that we won’t have to practice as much.” Tara said. She was the captain of the cheerleading squad. She actually didn’t want the position, but all the girls figured she would be the best. She actually ran against Cordelia and won on popular vote. Tara was always a little shy, but being a cheerleader had helped her come out of her shell a little. While Cordelia had said no hard feelings, Tara ever so often would get the feeling Cordelia was a little jealous that she won. Tara pushed the girls hard, but it was worth it, they were one of the top squads in the 5A division, last year, and this year looked promising.

Each girl grabbed a salad and water, except Buffy who opted for some fried chicken and chips.

“I can’t believe you eat that crap.” Tara remarked on their way back to campus with their food.

“Hey it’s not my fault I have a super quick metabolism.” Buffy defended her food choice.

“Even if I did, I wouldn’t eat that crap.” Tara teased back.

As they walked across the street Tara noticed a flash of red out of the corner of her eye. She looked over and there she was, the redhead from that morning. She was sitting under a tree sipping on an energy drink, surrounded by guys. She recognized the two guys she had seen the redhead with that morning. One of them was Oz, who was in her Physics class, the other was Xander, whom Tara had known since Elementary school. While they went to every school together since they were little, they were never friends, but knew of each other. Two other guys sat with the redhead, Tara recognized them, but didn’t know their names. Who wouldn’t want to sit around her she is so hot. Tara was lost in her own thoughts and almost ran into Anya who had stopped to find a spot to sit. They chose a spot close to the school, which turned out to be a bad decision, as some guys decided to play Frisbee close by.

“Ugh rude much.” Buffy said as she glared at Alex and Evan as the Frisbee flew by her head. The boys didn’t notice the evil stares they were getting until the Frisbee flew and landed in Cordelias lap.

“Hey sorry about that.” Evan said as he ran over to retrieve the plastic disk. He glanced over at Tara. “Hey.”

“Hi Evan.” Tara politely replied.

“So…um…would you like to go out sometime?” Evan nervously asked as she ran his fingers through his dark hair.

“No thanks, still gay.” Tara replied. He turned to Anya. “How about you?”

“Ew, as if.” Anya said with a disgusted look on her face. He turned to the other two blonds and seeing their look he left, getting ribbed by Alex along the way.

“Tare, seriously you are going to need a date for homecoming, you need to start thinking of some eligible chicks to take.” Cordelia said.

Tara momentarily thought of her and the redhead going to homecoming together, dancing in each others arms. She shook the thought from her mind. Like that’s going to happen, she’s probably straight, in band and has a truck load of guys just waiting for her.

“Yeah I don’t know, I just haven’t found a girl that is right you know. There’s no spark, no chemistry.”

“Ugh don’t remind me of Chemistry, I have that class next.” Buffy groaned and leaned back in the grass.

“You don’t need love, just go out and get laid.” Anya said.

Tara frowned. “I’m not that type of girl Anya, I’m a romantic. I want to sweep a girl off her feet, or have her sweep me. To fall head over heels in love with someone, that’s what I want.”

“Yeah you’re a hopeless romantic if I ever saw one.” Buffy said just as the bell was ringing.

Tara was looking forward to the rest of the day, hoping beyond hope the redhead would be in one of her classes. She hoped in vain as the day neared it’s end and she hadn’t had another glimpse of the redheaded beauty. After her last class Tara ran out to her car and grabbed her stereo. She had made several mix tapes hoping they could decide on one for the routine. The quicker they found a song the quicker they could get the routine nailed. The squad had access to the lunch room after school on Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays. Tara quickly set everything up and started warming up as the rest of the girls started arriving and also warming up.

Being captain was a difficult task. Trying to get 10 girls to shut up and actually practice was a huge problem, but Tara did her best and with the help of Mrs. Flanders the art teacher in charge of the squad, the team finally got down to business. They ended up picking a song, but hardly had time to practice any moves. Cordelia spent the remaining time showing off moves she had picked up at a cheerleader camp her parents sent her to over the summer. Before she knew it, it was 4:30 and practice was over. The girls were dismissed and Tara started packing up her things.

As she packed her things, she noticed music coming from down the hall. It sounded like a piano, it was weird someone would be here this late. She walked down the hallway toward the band room, she had actually never been down that hall much. It held the band room, a closet and the back entrance from the drama department. All of which Tara was not interested in. She recognized the song that was being played, but she had never heard it on a piano. She turned and peeked through the door frame and saw her redhead sitting at the piano playing. The room looked like some sort of back room, with lockers and instruments carelessly thrown about. In the middle sat a piano on wheels the redhead now sat at. The girl seemed to have messed up, she grimaced a bit and stopped playing. When she turned to see Tara she almost fell off her bench.

“Holy crap, you scared me.” She said.

“Sorry, I just heard you playing. It was beautiful.” Tara said still amazed that song could sound so awesome on the piano.

“Thanks” The redhead said as she looked down, almost embarrassed by the compliment.

“Forty Six and 2 right?” Tara asked.

“Yeah, how’d you know?”

“Tool’s one of my favorite bands, I’ve never heard it on the piano though.”

“Yeah I was just messing around. I thought I was the only one here.”

“Oh well, I had practice and I heard you playing.” Tara continued to stare at the gorgeous redhead. “I like your shirt.” She said not wanting to end their conversation.

The girl looked down at the shirt she had on, which said ‘Schrodinger’s cat is dead’. “Oh um…thanks. There’s more on the back.” She said as she turned around on the bench, and moved her hair to the side. Tara noticed her long smooth neck and had and overwhelmingly strong urge to kiss it. She shook the thoughts from her head and read the back of the girls shirt. ‘Schrodinger’s cat is not dead’. Tara chuckled.

“That’s funny. I’m Tara by the way.”

“Willow.” The girl said turning back around on the bench. They were too far away for a hand shake so Tara had to imagine what the other girls skin felt like.

“So do you know any other pieces besides Tool?” Tara again said not wanting to end the conversation.

“Oh yeah, see if you can guess this one.” Willow said as she started playing. She played a few lines and turned toward Tara and raised an eyebrow.

Tara thought she was going to die at the sultry look Willow gave her. She felt her legs grow weak under her gaze.

“That’s easy, Moonlight Sonata.”

“Impressive.” Willow stated smiling a coy smile. “Try this one.” She said and again turned to start playing.

The song was beautiful, but Tara couldn’t place it. She wasn’t sure she had ever heard it. Willow finished and turned toward her.

“I have no clue.” Tara smiled.

“Good, cuz it’s one I wrote.”

“You wrote that?” Tara asked impressed not for the first time that day.

“Yeah, just messing around one day and it just came out.”

“I assume you are in band, since you are here, what do you play?”

“I’m on the drum line, I play the toms.”

So it was true, the gorgeous redhead was a band geek. That was something that would never fly in their school. Jocks and band geeks didn’t get along. Tara had never ventured outside of her cheerleader friends, and now she was beginning to regret it. It’s not that she had any animosity toward people who’s interests were in other areas, she just never had reason to get to know them…until now.

“Willow! I didn’t realize you were still here.” A man said from another door that led into the backroom.

“Sorry Dr. C, I was just playing around.”

“No, no problem at all, you are quite a prodigy Willow, but I’m afraid we need to lock up for the night. You and you friend will need to leave.”

“Oh I was just leaving.” Tara said, startled by the presence of the teacher, she quickly made her way from the band hall. She breathed a sigh of relief when she was back in the lunch room. For some reason she felt really out of place there, it was foreign to her and the way Willow was talking drum line and toms, she had no idea what she was saying. It’ll probably never work anyway she’s straight.

Post subject: Re: Class of 99
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:25 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Yes!! First to reply!!

I love were this story is going. Highschool is so dramatic. I love your other stories so I'm really excited to see a new one from you!i

Looking forward to another update! :party

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:56 pm 
2. Floating Rose

haha I like it, the forbidden love!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:43 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

This is a great start. It's a very different take on the high school romance and your setup is really interesting. I like your version of Tara that seems more confident but still has insecurities that make her real.

Also love that Willow is on the drumline. As a former band geek you don't see a lot of females on the line, so I found this a cool little detail.

Looking forward to more.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:45 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

First we need more descriptions of Tara in her cheerleading uniform.
To paraphrase Maurice Chevalier, "High school. Ah yes, I remember it well."
As far removed from a classless society as human nature will allow.
The world of cheerleaders and their association with the jocks certainly does not orbit around the world of the band geeks and their association with the cultural arts, including the dreaded "T" word-THEATER!!!
Forbidden fruit, peer pressure, raging teen hormones, now that's entertainment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:42 am 
5. Willowhand

Oooh! I feel all butterfly-y in my stomach now :D
This is going to be soo good and cute and hot and funny and other great things! Can't wait to see where this story is going :pinky

PS. Tara as a cheerleader! OMG what a vision :drool

Natalie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:10 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

I'm already in love with this story. I myself was a band geek in high school, I played the alto saxophone.
Plus the idea of Tara as a cheerleader is really hot!!

Keep the updates coming.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:11 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 2
Okay I really like this story already. That is probably because i was a band geek as well. Like love_2003 i also played the alto saxaphone in the band, but i also play all kinds of instruments so i am really interested in this story. Please update this i can't wait to read it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:39 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Good beginning... I hope Tara soon finds out that Willow is not straight and maintains her chearleader friends support after starting to date a "band geek"...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:25 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hi everyone,
It's good to see fellow band geeks out there. I myself was in band and played flute, trumpet and bass clarinet.

I'm so glad I received such wonderful feedback.

Chapter 2
Tara drove her 1998 red Honda civic to her house. She had a good home life, her parents had money and gave her everything she ever wanted. She entered her house just after 5:30.

“Hi honey, you’re home late.” Her mother questioned from the kitchen.

“How was your first day?”

“I got to talking with a friend and lost track of time.” Not entirely true, Willow’s not even a friend. Willow that’s such a pretty name, it suits her. “I don’t know, school was ok. The squad picked out a song, finally”

“That’s great, which one?”

“The one you don’t like.”

“Figures teenagers would pick a song like that, it’s bordering on obscene you know.”

“Oh mom please, it’s musical expression, it’s art.” Like Willow, I can’t believe she wrote that song, that’s just amazing.

“I don’t suppose teachers give homework on the first day do they?”

“Ugh, actually they do. Not too much though, I’ll have a pretty light schedule this year, just need to get the requirements in to graduate. I’ll be in my room.” Tara said as she grabbed her bag and made her way upstairs.

She pulled out her homework, but she did have 3 off hours tomorrow so she could do it then. She proceeded to grab her laptop and do some searching on drum line, particularly toms. She learned quite a bit online until her mom called her for dinner.

“Hi pumpkin, how was school?” Her dad asked as they sat down to feast on tacos.

“It was fine dad.”

“And Anya, Cordelia and Buffy all doing well?”

“Yep their fine too.”

“How about your classes?”

“I have Mr. Anderson again this year so that’s really cool. Physics is oddly fun as well.”

“I loved Physics.” Her mom piped in.

“Chemistry was more of my thing.” Her dad said.

“Yeah because you had a crush on the teacher.” Her mom retorted with a smile.

“Well Mrs. Childs was a looker.” Her dad teased back.

Tara smiled, she loved her family and their interactions. She always seemed to get along with her parents, being an only child, having her parents around to talk to was essential while growing up.

“Speaking of crushes, any cute girls this year?”

Tara blushed and thought of Willow, but there was no way she was revealing this to her parents…yet.

“Darling leave her alone.” Her mother chided her father.

The next morning Tara sat and fidgeted with her backpack zipper and eyed the door. She came through it yesterday so she should come through it today, unless she has 1st period off, or she’s sick or something. Tara was lost in her thoughts as Anya and Cordelia argued over who was the cutest on the football team.

“I am so not interested in this conversation and neither is Tara.” Buffy said trying to change the subject to something else.

“What?” Tara said hearing her name.

“Just defending your lesbianism.” Buffy replied.

“Oh thanks.” Tara said and returned her gaze to the door. Tara was convinced she wasn’t coming, the bell was about to ring and she hadn’t shown. Tara started to get her things together when she saw Willow walk in. The other girl appeared flushed, possibly from running. She looked even more beautiful than she had yesterday. She had another tight shirt on with jeans again and Tara thought she was going to die when they made eye contact. Willow politely smiled and made her way to the band table. Tara had smiled back and had trouble wiping the smile off her face as the bell rang.

“I don’t know why you are so happy to get to English class Tara.” Anya said noticing her smiling.

“I just really like Mr. Anderson.” Tara lied.

“Yeah I hate English, to bad it’s 5 days a week.” Cordelia replied.

“I have Economics today.” Anya said smiling.

“That’s just as bad as Government.” Buffy stated.

“Is not, it’s about money, and that’s way better than stuffy old fore fathers making stupid rules.” Anya remarked.

Tara and Cordelia both had 2nd hour off. Cordelia was off talking with some football player, Tara thought it was the perfect time to get a start on her homework from the previous evening. She set out all her books and notebooks and began to read the required texts. She wasn’t very far into her reading when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see Willow standing behind her.

“Hi. I hope I’m not interrupting.”

Tara beamed, “No, no, not at all, just getting a head start on my homework. Have a seat.”

Willow sat down across from her, she had on a brown shirt that said ‘New Mexico, cleaner than regular Mexico’.

“I like your shirt.” Tara said for the second time in two days.

“Thanks, again.” Willow said.

“So you are new in town.”

“Yeah, well not really. I mean I am, but I’ve been here since the start of summer. Luckily they run band camp through out the summer so I made friends before school started. I hate being the new kid with no friends.”

Tara smiled. “Yeah I saw you with Xander and Oz, and some other people at lunch yesterday.” Her eyes went wide at her slip, she didn’t want the girl to think she was stalking her. But her revelation didn’t seem to affect the other girl.

“Yeah their on the line too. Xander plays Bass and Oz plays the snare.”

“Wow snare, he must be good. That’s the best right, the best players play snare?” Tara questioned her reading last night.

“Sort of, I mean it really is about what you like, but yeah Oz is good. Xanders ok, the bass doesn’t take any real musical experience. Don’t tell him that though.” Willow smiled at their little secret.

“Toms must be hard though, it’s like a drum set right?”

“Yeah.” Willow paused for a second. “I’m surprised you know, I mean most people don’t. But then again you aren’t like most people are you?”

Tara was surprised at Willow’s statement. She had tried so hard to fit in, to be like everyone else. Here was someone, who barely knew her, yet knew her better than herself. Tara felt Willow’s hand slide on top of her own. Tara thought she would pass out, as her heart threatened to explode. The touch was light, friendly, and yet Tara knew she would never be the same.

“Are you ok?” She heard Willow say.

“Yeah, yeah fine.” Tara felt like her whole arm was made of stone, she was afraid to move as she might scare off Willows touch. It was all in vain though because Willow slowly removed her hand.

“I need to go practice, I’ll see you later.” Willow said before hurrying off.

Damn it, I totally freaked her out. But her touch, I have never felt anything so soft and electric in my life. Oh my God, I am so crushing on her.

“Hey!” Cordelia said sliding into the seat Willow had just vacated. “What were you doing with band nerd?”

“Her name’s Willow, and we were just talking.” Tara said a little annoyed.

“Oh need some tutoring, it’s ok, I had some junior year. Would have flunked Algebra if I didn’t.”

“No, Willow and I were just talking. I have other friends besides you, Anya and Buffy.” The second it came flying out of her mouth, she realized it was a lie, she really didn’t. Now she probably never would, since she scared off Willow.

“Woah, Tare, I was just asking.” Cordelia said throwing up her arms.

“Sorry Cordy, do you have any ideas for our routine?” Tara asked changing the subject.

“Oh yeah!” Cordelia rummaged through her bag and pulled out a CD. “I found this on the internet last night, there is this really cool move in it, you’ll know which one I’m talking about. I totally think we can pull it off. It’s hard, but it’s really wicked, I think if we nail it, that will throw us over the top.”

If there was one thing all girls could agree on it was they loved cheerleading.

“Cool, I’ll check it out tonight.” Tara said taking the CD from Cordelia as the bell rang.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:06 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great update. Love that Tara went home and looked up info on drumlines. Very sweet. It was also cool that she's standing up to her friends from the beginning. Hope to see more interaction soon.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:25 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Good that Tara stood up against Cordelia... Big yay for Willow touching Tara and Tara liking it a lot...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:31 pm 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

Topics: 1
Hey, new story!!! :D My bad I was late replying, I just got home and woops new story yayyy :party

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:33 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Tell it like it is, Tara. Just let your conscience be your guide and put Cordelia in her place.
The sparkage recognition factor makes its presence known as their skin on skin contact is something neitrher wants to end.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:09 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hi All,
Thanks for all the great feedback.

Chapter 3

Willow sat outside with Xander, Oz and Matt during lunch. They were all on drum line and usually had lunch together. Willow had met everyone over the summer and was really feeling like she was fitting in. The school was different from her school in California, but she liked it. And that girl, Tara. Holy Crap was she ever hot. Willow had noticed the crowd of cheerleaders her first day, and noticed the striking blond stand out among them. She looked different some how, and not just because she was the most gorgeous of them all.

Then yesterday when Tara came and spoke with her about music, it was beyond anything Willow had ever felt. This girl was truly a goddess, she knew about physics, music and completely hot. She was the whole package and Willow had never wanted someone as much as she wanted this girl. She noticed the group of cheerleaders walk across the street, much like they had the previous day. Willow had positioned herself strategically so she was in full view of the blond. After they had crossed the street Willow asked.

“Do you guys know a cheerleader named Tara?”

“Yeah, she’s only like the most popular chick here, plus totally hot.” Oz said.

“I’ve known her since elementary school.” Xander piped in with his mouth full of sandwich.

“Too bad she’s gay though.” Matt exclaimed.

“Really?” Willow questioned contemplating her new found knowledge. “Too bad for you guys, score one for me.” She said.

“Please Wills you have no chance with that girl.” Xander said.

“What? Why not?”

“You’re in band, she’s a cheerleader, we don’t mix.” Matt explained.

“That doesn’t make any sense.”

“That’s the way of the world Wil.” Xander said.

They had accepted Willow in the drum line, despite her being the only girl. She quickly got the nickname Wil a few days after band camp. She didn’t mind though, she had always gotten along better with guys than with girls.

“Hey there’s your girlfriend now, why don’t you go talk to her.” Matt teased as he saw the cheerleaders crossing the street.

“Shut up.” Willow sulked. “I am so going to kick your ass.”

The three friends laughed and enjoyed the rest of their lunch. Willow was beyond disappointed that she didn’t have a single class with the amazing blond. She was in all the advanced placement classes, so the likelihood Tara would be in her class was slim. She did have 2nd hour off on Tuesday and Thursday and it seemed like the blond did too, so that was a plus.

The band had field show practice after school. Willow loved field show. It was so much fun to march around and learn which moves go with which piece of music, then putting it all together to make something so great was really awesome. Although in the beginning field show practice was slow and tedious. The line didn’t have their drums on since they were just learning the second portion of the show, and weren’t going to be playing. Willow had set her chips out on the field and stood on the first one, while the others marked their places with plastic chips and got set. She idly toyed with her mallets, as she waited for the underclassmen to understand what was going on. She thought of the blond, having only talked to her twice, she was completely crushing on the girl. She was so wrapped up in her thoughts she almost missed the count off. She crab stepped over to her next chip, hit it right on the 8 count and then proceeded to move backward to her third chip, and then again to her fourth. She looked around and noticed many people stumbling around trying to find the chips they had set. She frowned, her band in her old high school was one of the top bands in the state, they had actually won state her junior year, and came close her sophomore year. This was a totally different world she was getting herself into.

“Hey Wil. Dr. C said we could go practice since we have our moves down.” Matt said to Willow. Matt was the other Toms player and stood next to Willow for most of the field show.

“Cool.” Willow said and they set off to grab their drums and practice.

At 4:30 everyone was packing up to leave, the drum line was one of the last people off the field. Willow wore her harness and toms as she made her way toward the gate and back to the school. She noticed Tara sitting on the hill that led into the school. As she approached Tara stood up. Is she waiting for me, it certainly looks like it. Willow thought as she got closer.

“Hi.” Tara greeted.

“Hey what are you doing here?”

“We just got done with practice, and I heard you guys out here, so I thought I would come by and say hi, so um…hi.” Tara said, regretting her decision to wait for Willow.

“No I’m glad you waited, it’s nice to see you.”

Both girls remained silent, until Xander and Matt started taunting them from afar.

“Score one for Wil.” Xander shouted mocking Willow’s earlier statement.

“You go girl.” Matt mocked in a spot on impression of a stereotypical homosexual.

“Sorry their, well their high school guys.” Willow apologized.

“No problem, my friends are like that too, in more of a girly way.” Tara smiled, and Willow thought she would collapse right there. “So these are the alleged toms?” Tara said pointing to the drums Willow still had attached to her.

“Oh yeah.” Willow said forgetting she was wearing them. She flipped the drums down so Tara could have a look. “Here, try them out.” She said as she handed Tara a mallet. Tara grasped the mallet and hit one of the toms, the sound rung out and she smiled. She tested the other toms, hearing the different sounds that she could make.

“Cool.” Tara said as she started to hit the toms more forcefully and faster.

Willow watched on at Tara’s child like fascination at her drums. She smiled, she felt her heart flutter at the sight.

“That’s really neat.” Tara smiled as she handed back the mallets. “Do you want to grab some coffee or something?”

Willow grabbed her cell phone and checked the time. “I can’t, I have to go to work.” Willow regretfully said and cursed herself for thinking she should get a job.

“Oh.” Disappointment evident on Tara’s face. “Where do you work?”

“A candy store in the mall.”

“Oh Mr. B’s?”

“Yep that’s the one.” Willow said as they both slowly walked toward the school. “Maybe coffee another day? I have Tuesdays and Thursdays off from work.” Willow said hoping they would be able to have a coffee date sometime soon.

“Yeah we’ll get together sometime soon.” Tara said, already mapping out her week in her mind.

“Well I have to go, I’ll talk to you later.” Willow said walking backwards towards the school as Tara made a move to go to her car only turning around when Tara did. She didn’t want to go into the band room, especially since she knew she would get ribbed by the line. They didn’t disappoint, she was teased mercilessly until she made a quick get away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:08 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

AAAAH I love it so far.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:31 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey ~ just read the first 3 chapters. It's a good start. I really love stories like this. By the end of the show, the story had gotten so serious and out of control that it was easy to forget those early episodes in high school, when everyone was young and innocent, and not yet hardened from their struggles. I always enjoy the high school stories that bring us back to that, and contemporary settings are my fave. Hope the writing bug stays with you, and that the feedback helps; I know it can really make a huge difference on those days where the words are coming slowly.

QC comment: the content's really good, but I recommend running it through a grammar check; there are some consistent misuses, such as they're/their and misplaced commas. Nitpicking, but it breaks the flow of the sentence when you have to double-back and reread.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:19 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Both Willow and Tara's hearts must be beating faster than the alleged toms which Willow lets Tara experiment with.
Soon some experimenting of their own with some roleplaying thrown in must inevitably ensue.
Tara puts on her cheerleading uniform and shows her school spirit making Willow give her every letter of her name as loudly as she can.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:17 am 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

Topics: 1
UHmmm I love this story :D

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:41 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

OK the chipset totally gave me freaky flashbacks about learning marching drills. *shudders*

Fun update. Go Tara! Glad she made a move. Hopefully they'll get that coffee soon.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:12 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Big yay for Tara to wait Willow and talk to her... extra big yay for coffee date...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:35 pm 
You seem to have quite a lot of original ideas for willowy t-shirts eday69. The examples used so far made me chuckle. Furthermore, Willow as a band player feels really attractive. It's quite nice to be falling on a high school based fic that does not either involve teen consumerism or adolescent caging as its major facets of teen life. Tara's interactions with her family and friends clearly show that.

I'm guessing that following your upcoming chapters will be as relaxed a read as it has been for the previous ones. For the time being, I'm loving the subtle touches and blushes as the two get to know each other. That coffee date clearly holds many promises of good moments.

Thank you for writing Class of 99,

Vi'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:13 am 
Fantastic story! :applause

Keep up the great work hope to be reading more soon.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:56 am 
3. Flaming O

Hi
Awesome story, I love how tara has awesome parents Instead of like in the show. And willows shirts :lol
Hope theres more awesomeness soon

-me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:51 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Well, it seems like both girls are interested and neither is shy about letting the other know. With a spark like that, I kind of expect the next update to let them grow even closer.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:02 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Great story cant wait to see our girls together.UPDATE SOON PLEASE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:43 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hi All,
Thanks for the awesome feedback. I wouldn't be motivated at all if it wasn't for you guys.

Ok enough kisses and hugs here is your reward.

Chapter 4
Willow sat at the counter of Mr. B’s reading a book, it was always slow in the store in the evening. People just didn’t want to purchase candy at 7pm. The job was ok, the lack of customers gave her a chance to do homework, and she mostly cleaned and then closed up shop at 9:00. It gave her plenty of time to head home and finish any last minute assignments she wasn’t able to complete while at work. She noticed movement at the front of the store and put her book down to help the customer. To her surprise it was Tara, complete with two cups of coffee.

“Tara, what are you doing here?” She asked amazed and beaming from ear to ear.

“Well some friends of mine wanted to shop, and I remembered you were working so decided I’ll bring coffee to you.” Tara said handing Willow her mocha.

“Oh so you didn’t come here just to see me.” Willow smirked.

Oh my god is she flirting with me. I so hope so, ok keep it together, and for god sakes answer her damn question Tara.

“I…um…no, but…”

“It’s ok, I was just kidding.” Willow, seeing Tara’s flustered state, jumped in to save her.

Tara smiled. “So is it always this dead?” Tara asked taking a look at the lack of customers in the store.

“Pretty much yeah, it’s cool though, gives me time to do my homework.”

Tara felt a little adolescent since she didn’t have a job, her parents gave her an allowance every week for food and anything else she might need. She was almost 18 and never had a job, it just felt like she was spoiled. She had never thought of herself as spoiled, but seeing Willow with a job made her think she might be.

“So who are you here with?” Willow asked.

“Oh Buffy and Cordelia. I kind of ditched them, well I said I was going to get some coffee, they’re probably wondering about me, but whatever. Actually you know they probably aren’t, they can clothes shop forever.” Tara said taking a sip of her coffee.

“Are they on the squad too?”

“Yeah, we have all been friends since Freshman year. Anya too, but she’s not with us tonight. When do you get off?”

“Usually 9:30, we close at 9, but I have to clean and cash out so a little later.”

“That’s a pretty good schedule.”

“Yeah, Sometimes I work weekends, when we don’t have band comps.”

“Well I better go find Buffy and Cordelia.” Tara said, wanting to do anything but find them at this point. “I’ll see you at school tomorrow. Maybe we can get some coffee after school, if this isn’t enough for you.” Tara smirked holding up her cup.

“I’ll never have enough coffee, so it’s a date.” Willow said, immediately regretting her choice of words.

“It’s a date then.” Tara smiled as she turned to leave the store, when she was about to turn the corner she glanced back to see Willow unashamedly staring at her rear. She smiled to herself, Well I would say she is definitely interested in me.

Tara found Cordelia and Buffy in PacSun trying on jeans.

“Where the hell have you been?” Buffy shouted when she saw Tara come into the store.

“What? I ran into a friend, sorry.” Tara said confused as to why Buffy would be so angry with her.

“Well I found THE CUTEST pair of jeans. I mean I looked good in these jeans.”

“It’s true, she did.” Cordelia said coming out of the dressing room caring a huge armful of clothes.

“Why didn’t you buy them then?” Tara questioned Buffy.

“Dad said I couldn’t have my allowance until I mowed the grass. I mean please that is so gross, the last thing I need is someone to walk by and see me all sweaty with grass in my hair.”

“Yeah that’s nasty. I’m so glad my parents don’t make me do chores.” Cordelia said throwing her credit card at the guy behind the counter.

It was as if Tara was seeing her friends for the first time. She couldn’t believe what was coming out of their mouths. But they talked like this all the time, and she did as well. Why now was she suddenly feeling like all their conversations were superficial and meaningless?

“Well I’m sorry I missed that. Are you guys ready to go?” Tara suggested. She desperately wanted to go home, the only real reason she agreed to come was so she could sneak off and see the redhead.

The following day second period came around and Tara anxiously waited for Willow to show up. Willow never said she would stop by, but they both had this hour off so Tara could only hope. She glanced around the lunch room hoping to catch a glimpse of the redhead, until a mass of blond hair interrupted her search.

“Hey Tare.”

“Hi Cordy, what’s up?”

“Ugh, I totally had to stay after class and talk to Mr. Crain. Apparently I’m not ‘showing up for myself’, as if. It’s not my fault they expect us to pay attention at 7:20 in the morning.”

“You should at least make an effort Cordy, I mean if you flunk this class, you’ll have to take summer school and not graduate with us.” Tara said sincerely concerned for her friend.

Cordelia sighed. “I know, maybe I should get that Willow chick to tutor me.”

“Willow, why her?” Tara asked jealousy flowing through her veins at an alarming rate. She didn’t want to think about Cordy and Willow spending alone time together.

“I guess she’s like wicked smart. I over heard some teacher talking about it while Mr. Crain blathered on about how I don’t apply myself. She’s in like Advanced Placement everything, even the teacher was saying Willow knew more about calculus than she did. I thought she might be a good tutor, you know her right; I mean she was talking to you that one day.”

That explains why I don’t have any classes with her. “Yeah I have talked to her a few times.” More like drooled over her perfect body, and her deep red hair. God I really want to run my fingers through that, pull her close, and plant kisses on her perfect lips.

“Would you mind asking her?”

“I’ll see if she would be interested, but I honestly don’t know, I mean she is pretty busy with stuff.” Tara trailed off, she didn’t like where this was going.

“Cool, hey did you check out that video?”

“Oh yeah, I don’t know if we can do it, but I think the move looks really cool.”

“Do you wanna head out and practice.”

Tara glanced around and not seeing the redhead agreed. She and Cordelia moved outside to see if they could come up with a routine. Cordelia was by no means book smart, but when it came to cheerleading, or fashion she was a genius. They ended up throwing in some daggers and vertical-down’s and coming up with the start of their routine before the bell rang. Tara was glad that they had made progress and had something to show the girls for practice this afternoon, but was a little depressed she hadn’t seen the redhead all day. She walked down the crowded hall toward her next class, when she felt a tug on her backpack. She turned to see Willow beaming from ear to ear, which caused her to do the same.

“Hey.” Tara said, her voice sounding a little husky for a fall morning.

“Hi, sorry I missed you last hour, I was busy, but here.” Willow said as she handed Tara a folded up note. Their hands briefly touched and Tara marveled at the smoothness of the other girls skin. How she wanted to get lost in the sensation of touching the goddess before her. “Sorry I have class, gotta go.” Willow apologized and was gone.

Tara sat down in her Trig class and waited for class to start. She did ok in math, but it wasn’t her forte by any means.

“Hey.” Anya greeted as she sat down next to Tara and pulled out her books.

“Hi.”

“I just had to listen to Buffy talk for a half and hour about these jeans she found last night.” Anya said exasperated.

“Really?”

“Yeah Mrs. Kreger had us work on a project in groups for the last half hour of class, we didn’t finish our project, of course.” Anya said.

“Yeah I missed the whole ‘these are the most awesome jeans I have ever seen’ event. I wish Buffy would get over herself and mow the grass, so she could have money and buy the stupid things.” Tara exclaimed.

“Yeah no kidding. That would be funny though to see Buffy mowing the grass. We would have to go by and take a picture.” Both girls snickered as the teacher started class.

As the teacher droned on about Cosines and Hypotenuses Tara unfolded the note Willow had given her and started reading.

Hi Tara,
I thought I would write you this note, since I wouldn’t be around 2nd period. I have to help write some labs for the science dept. I’m actually in Physics right now. It’s pretty boring, I took this class at my old school, so it’s all rehash.

I was so glad you stopped by last night, it get’s really boring in there sometimes, so it was the highlight of my day.

We’re having an impromptu drumline session after school, so I’ll be either in the band room or outside the band hallway. I can leave at any time, some of us are just getting together to practice.

Ok I’ll see you later.
Willow

Tara smiled as she read the note, she quickly put it away and attempted to pay attention, but her thoughts kept drifting back to the redhead. She really was absolutely gorgeous and smart too, plus she obviously had a creative side, she was the perfect package. Tara was fairly certain she was interested, she confirmed that enough last night as she watched the other girl check her out. Now Tara needed to pull out the charm and get the girl to fall for her. For the first time Tara wasn’t sure she would be enough for this girl. She was popular, but what else did she have. She was just average, she wasn’t a genius, she did draw, but she had no job, no experience anywhere but this town, her friends, for the most part, were superficial, she wasn’t even sure what she wanted to do with her life. She sighed and glanced up at the clock to see she still had 30 more minutes of Trig to go.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:16 pm 
3. Flaming O

Its an update! :pinky
I just love this story, And you're a really good writer :kitty
Cant wait to read about the coffie date
:wtkiss soon?

:peace -Me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:34 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Willow working in a candy store?
I'll bet she would draw some evening customers if she took Tara's wrapper off and tasted the sweet and savory goodness inside.
Tara takes her first step into a larger world when she sloughs off the cult of mediocrity which is all she has known through her sheltered association with Buffy and Cordelia.
I would like to check out the video of Tara in her cheerleading unifiorm so I hope someone filmed the routine.
There is nothing, at any age in life, to comparee with the sweet thrill of a note pressed into the flesh from a person whom you are crushing on and they provide you with tangible proof of their interest in you as well.
I've had the pleasure myself once or twice.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:54 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Again how cute. I knew Tara would go and take Willow coffee. That's a standard! Willow seems appropriately interested. Very sad or maybe it's really a good thing that Tara's starting to question herself and her friends but I hope she realizes that Willow will want her, not her achievements.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next