The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: I Am Forever (4/05/19) update
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:06 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 8
Sorry, this chapter is a bit on the short side. I promise the next update will be longer :)

Chapter: 33

A hardy knuckled rasp sounded on the front door, echoing throughout the silent house. The three teens looked up from their studies, making eye contact with each other, looks of perplexity passing between the group.

“It’s probably a door-to-door salesman,” said Cordelia, excitement lacing her voice as she sat up in her seat, her interest peeked. Since the “excitement” in the basement a few hours earlier, she had been in a particularly foul mood and the thought of someone potentially selling makeup lifted her spirits slightly.

As a second round of knocks disturbed the tranquility that had washed over the house, Xander pushed his stool back from the counter. Raising his hand, he waved off the two women, gesturing for them to continue with the research. “One can only hope,” he mumbled dryly as he rubbed the palms of his hands into his blurry eyes, trying to remove the feeling of drowsiness. As he approached the front door, a third round of knocks started. “I’m coming, I’m, coming,” he hollered as he unlocked the top latch, “Hold your horses.”

Swinging the door open, the teen was about to yell at the individual standing on the other side, berate them for knocking at such a late hour and tell them to never come back. However, the person standing at the threshold of the house caused the young man to instantly straighten upright while swallowing his words. With his brief stint as active military during last year’s Halloween fiasco, Xander’s respect for authority kicked into overdrive. As politely as he could, he forced a fake smile onto his face while asking, “Is there a problem Officer?”

“Evening,” said the uniformed officer standing on the opposite side of the door. “I’m Officer Harper with the SunnyDale Police Department,” said the ginger haired male in his mid-thirties as he nodded his head slightly at the teen. Hitching his thumb over his shoulder, he indicated to his partner, a slightly pudgy, dark haired, middle-aged male that was walking around the convertible haphazardly parked half in the road and half on the lawn. “That there is my partner. We received several noise complaints from this address.”

“Oh yea,” Xander said sheepishly as he looked out at Cordelia’s car, the vehicle in question had torn up the once perfectly manicured lawn upon coming to a halt. On top of that, the cheerleader seemed to have collected several ‘slow down’ signs on the grill of her car that residents of the neighborhood had put up in an effort of slowing down the erratic drivers. The whole scene screamed reckless driving, if not irresponsible driver. “Um, well, you see … She … really needed to use the bathroom.”

“Is there an adult home I can speak to?” asked Officer Harper as he peered over the young males shoulder, looking through the foyer to the left and right. “You’re mom maybe?”

“Oh no, Mrs. Summers’ isn’t here,” informed Xander with a brisk shake of the head, a nervous smile breaking out across his face.

The Officer narrowed his eyes at the boy, scrutinizing his words. “When will she be back?”

“Umm,” Xander faltered as he racked his brain for a suitable lie to tell the Officer that would sound plausible. “She’s away on business.” Before he could offer up any more information, Cordelia entered the room, checking to see what was taking so long.

“Xander, I swear, if you’re in here goofing off …” Cordelia huffed as she rounded the corner. “While I’m in there slaving away over Giles’ gross old texts I’m gonna …”

“Cordy!” Xander practically shouted, effectively cutting off the cheerleader’s tirade. “We have two of SunnyDale’s finest at the door.” Hitching a thumbing in the direction of the open door, “apparently we got some complaints about your driving abilities, or lack thereof.”

“Ma’am, do you live here? Asked Officer Harper as Cordelia came to stand in the open doorway with Xander.

“Ew, as if,” said the tall brunette, her face scrunching up in disgust. “I’m just … visiting.”

Officer Harper clenched his jaw in annoyance as he glared down the high school student. Turning his gaze back to the boy, he asked through gritted teeth, “what about you, do you live here?”

Uh, sorta?” Xander said with a light chuckle as he sheepishly drummed fingers against his pectorals.

“Sorta?” questioned the second officer as he walked away from the convertible, up the front steps of the house, to his partner’s side. “Elaborate.”

“I mean, I’m here all the time,” Xander said quickly, backtracking. “Joyce. Mrs. Summers. She says I’m like a son to her and … and … and that I might as well live here since I already eat her out of house and home.” He added with a chuckle. "Plus my home life's not the greatest so Mrs. Summers lets me crash here whenever I want." As if a lightbulb went off in his head, he slapped his right front pocket while letting out an exited shout. “Ooh! She gave me a key. So I can come and go as I please.”

The two Officers slowly tilted their heads to look at each other, exchanging a quick look with one another, before turning their attention back to the two teenagers. “Is there anyone else inside of the home?” asked the second, unidentified Officer.

“Yea, another friend,” Xander replied slowly, automatically looking over his shoulder in the direction of the kitchen.

The second Officer grabbed for the radio affixed to his shoulder and started mumbling into the device. He waited a few seconds, his head lowered with his ear next to the radio, waiting for a response. Looking to his partner, he nodded his head, giving him the signal to go ahead.

“Sir, ma’am,” said Officer Harper as he grabbed his duty belt, shifting the heavy leather, “we’re gonna have to do a preliminary sweep of the residence.”

“Is that really necessary?” asked Xander as he observed another patrol car pull up in front of the Summers’ residence. “This seems like a bit much?”

“It’s a customary procedure.” Officer Harper stated sternly as he stepped aside for the arrival of his superior Officer. “Especially since there are no adults present and the home owner is not here.”

Xander solemnly looked back and forth between the two male Officers before casting his gaze over to the new arrival, a young female Officer that appeared to be in her early twenties with long flowing dark hair. The woman’s eyes were penetrating and she had a cold, no nonsense scowl adorning her lips.

He looked at his ex-girlfriend for reassurance, a halfcocked smile gracing his lips before turning his attention back to the Police Officers standing outside on the dimly lit porch. “I uh, yeah, sure,” he faltered, as he waved the three uniformed Officers inside of the home. “Come on in.”

In unison, the Officers broke out in menacing grins, the corners of their mouths almost reaching the slits of their eyes. As if on cue, while the female Officer took her first step into the house, the males following close behind, Tara called out to her newly acquired friends, seeing if they needed assistance.

“Xander is everything okay?” Tara said as she entered the foyer from the dining room.

“Hey Tara, the cops got a noise com…” Xander started to explain as he gestured to the three officers to step inside.

“Xander, no” the blonde said forcefully as she came to a sudden stop, her eyes widening as she took in the scene before her and the mystical energies shrouding the new arrivals. The auras surrounding the three uniformed individuals were dark. Black, grays and muted purples swirled around their bodies, jutting out irregularly as they fought for dominance.

Xander’s eyebrows knitted together in confusion, perplexed by the blonde’s sudden outburst. He was about to question Tara when Officer Harper tilted his head to the right to look at the witch, two small puncture wounds becoming evident on the man’s exposed neck. The two inch collar of the Officers pristine uniform, which had previously been lying flat against the male’s porcelain skin had been effectively hiding the fresh puncture wounds. With the bite marks now on display, Xander let out a screech as the Officer morphed into his vampiric form.

“I should really stop answering doors,” quipped the terrified teen as he stumbled backwards into the living room. With as much chivalry as he could muster up at the moment, he reached his arms out behind him, ushering his ex-girlfriend behind him in an attempt to protect her from the offending vampires.

“Officer Lamber, Harper, get the children,” said the female with a devilish grin as she walked further into the house, her focus solely on the blonde. “I’ll get the witch.”

“With pleasure, Elizabeth,” Officer Lambert said enthusiastically as he rolled his head from side to side, transforming into is demonic visage.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:59 am 
3. Flaming O

Quote:
“I should really stop answering doors,” quipped the terrified teen as he stumbled backwards into the living room
aww poor Xander. He really does have the worst luck. I'm interested to see how they get out of this situation .PLease update soon!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:14 am 

wickedaddiction wrote:
Quote:
“I should really stop answering doors,” quipped the terrified teen as he stumbled backwards into the living room
aww poor Xander. He really does have the worst luck. I'm interested to see how they get out of this situation .PLease update soon!

I always thought that Xander has some of the worst luck on the show. Poor guy was always mucking things up or getting himself in trouble no matter how good his intentions were.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:10 am 

CHAPTER 34

Once the door to the club was shut, the alley was plunged into near darkness, the dim glow from a flickering lamp post a few yards away the only light illuminating the passageway. Within seconds, the vampires lurched forward; grotesque smiles loomed over their saliva slicked teeth. The two muscular vampires that had been standing behind Thomas, offering security, now stood at the front of the pack.

The Slayer gathered her composure quickly as the blood thirsty hoard of vampires approached, her demeanor switching from disquietude to unadulterated hatred. “Giles, stay back,” Buffy growled out, never taking her eyes off the approaching demons. Slinking both of her hands behind her back, she extracted the two stakes she had hidden in her waistband earlier in the evening. With a quick flick of the wrist, Buffy expertly flung them forward. As promised, the Slayer skillfully exterminated the two larger vampires first as the stakes penetrated deep into their unbeating hearts, rendering them into two neat piles of ashes.

Without missing a beat, Angel rushed forward through the misting ash, his mini sword positioned in a low arc. With a wide swing upwards and to the left, Angel struck a short, stubby Vampire towards the front of the pack. As his blade hit its target, it sliced through the vampires flesh effortlessly, decapitating the demon in one swipe. Before the vampire even knew what happened, he was turning to dust, Angel’s large frame rushing through his debris for his next victim.

As the numbers quickly dwindled from ten to seven, Buffy ran headlong into the remaining throngs of the undead, their jagged nails clawing at her clothing and exposed flesh, in an attempt to get a piece of the Slayer. Removing a third stake from her pocket, she jabbed it into the heart of the nearest vampire, this time making sure not to lose her grip on the chunk of wood, as she gallantly fought for dominance. With pristine, well timed punches, she was able to push back the vampires, giving herself and Angel enough room to properly fight.

With a scissor kick to a heavily tattooed vampire’s chest, Buffy sent the male flying backwards, landing motionless at the feet of the Hemlock demons standing by the side door. Before the Slayer could completely regain her balance, having landed awkwardly on the pavement, a blur of motion entered her peripheral vision. Before she could register what was happening, a boney, ring clad hand connected squarely with the Slayer’s left cheek bone, sending the young woman stumbling backwards a few steps into the arms of another vampire.

Just as the vampire was about to lift the dazed slayer off of the ground by her throat, his fingers already gripping tightly around her supple neck, the tip of a broad sword jutted out the center of his chest. Looking down in befuddlement at the pultruding piece of steel, his grasp on the Slayer’s neck gradually started to loosen. Looking up from the sword sticking out of his chest, his mouth opened and closed reflexively as he stared in confusion at the blonde. Ripping herself free from the vampires weakening grip, Buffy took a step back as she gasped for air, her hands instinctively reaching for her bruised throat as Angel pulled the sword free from the demons torso. After several deep breaths, Buffy lunged forward, plunging her stake into the vampires blood drenched hand that was clutching the gaping wound in his chest, smirking with satisfaction as the demon exploded into a cloud of dust.

Spinning around on her heels, Buffy ducked out of the way just in time as another fist came at her, causing her to stumble backwards. Taking advantage of the moment of weakness, the heavy set monster kicked his right foot forward, sinking his boot into the Slayer’s stomach. Air evacuated the Slayers lungs with haste as she dropped to her knees, bile rising to sting the back of her throat. As the pudgy vampire approached, preparing to throw another punch, Buffy swallowed down her nausea as she dove headfirst, slamming an elbow into the vampires kneecap. Shattering the bone with the force of the impact, Buffy was back on her feet, ready for her next victim before the demon hit the ground.

From behind the Slayer, swinging his sword upwards, Angel sliced through the left wrist of the closest assailant, severing the vampire’s hand. With the demon momentarily distracted, Angel grabbed the man by the scruff of his shirt, pivoted, and kicked him in the chest, sending him flying towards the dumpster where Giles stood waiting with a stake in hand. Turning back around, Angel ran towards the fallen vampire Buffy had just dropped to the floor, hefting his sword above his head before swinging downwards and lopping off the immobilized vampires head.

Leaping into the fray, Giles jumped onto the back of the heavily bleeding vampire as he scrambled to his feet. Wrapping his left arm around the snarling male’s neck, the Watcher struggled to secure his bicep under the vampires chin as the vampire stood up to his full height, effectively lifting Giles off of the ground. Clinging to the demon, Giles attempted several times to plunge his stake into the monsters heart as the wounded demon began spinning in circles, attempting to dislodge the older male. In a desperate attempt to remove the human from off of his back, the vampire slammed backwards into the dumpster, crushing the Watcher against the thick steel. He continued this action several times, repeatedly slamming the Watcher into the dumpster until the grip around his neck finally loosened and the man fell from his back, hitting the floor with a hard thud.

With his good hand, the tall, lanky vampire gripped the heavily bleeding nub of his left wrist to steady the blood flow, as he stood over the Watchers prone body, before bringing his hand to his mouth and licking the blood off of his long tapered fingers. With every passing second, droplets of blood fell from the vampire’s fingers, cascaded down onto Giles’ pristine brown leisure suite soiling the fabric. After several moments, the badly maimed vampire reached down with his nearly clean, blood stained hand, lifting the Watcher into the air by his shirt, its fabric cutting into the older man’s armpits. As he dangled in the air, Giles frantically kicked his legs, trying desperately to make purchase on any part of vampire’s body.

With a snarl, the demon slammed the Watcher once more into the dumpster. As he held the older man in place against the cold steel, he placed his bleeding nub against the Watcher’s temple, pressing his head back onto the lid, exposing a throbbing jugular. With a predatorily grumble erupting from deep inside of his chest, the vampire leaned in, his teeth grazing the tender flesh of the unprotected neck. As he was about to bite down, his eyes widen in disbelief, before briskly straightening up to look at his chest and the hunk of wood sticking out of his pectoral. Releasing his grip on the shirt, he stumbled backwards stunned.

Regaining his composure as best as possible, Giles lurched forward towards the shocked vampire. With an open hand, he slammed his palm into the butt of the stake, pushing it further into the undead man’s chest, piercing his heart completely. As the vampire crumbled to dust, Giles staggered forward to the brick wall, his body slumping against it in exhaustion. From heavy lidded eyes, Giles watched as Angel pivoted around the vampire he was fighting, positioning himself near the dumpster.

From the corner of her left eye, Buffy watched as Angel traded blows with a broad-shouldered vampire, as he stood guard in front of her watcher, protecting the middle age man from the large statured vampire. Returning her attention fully to the vampire in front of her, Buffy let loose with a two punch combo followed by a roundhouse kick to the dazed vampire’s temple. With a hand clutching the side of his head where a gash emerged from the brute force of the kick, the vampire straightened up slowly, only to scream in agony as Buffy drove her stake into the soft tissue of his right eye.

As the demon fell to the floor, writhing in pain, the Slayer stomped on the back of the stake, driving it deeper into the brain cavity. As she bent down to retrieve the stake, preparing to end the vampires suffering, a sharp pain shot through her scalp as an undetected treat approached her from behind and grabbed a fistful of hair. As the fingers weaved their way through her hair, Buffy let out a startled gasp as her head was brutally yanked backwards.

Staring up into the glistening yellow eyes of her attacker, Buffy realized it was the same vampire she had sent flying towards the Hemlock demons earlier on when the fight first started. Before she had a chance to react to the threat, the heavily tattooed vampire viciously tossed her to the ground, her head impacting with the asphalt. With a swift kick to the stomach, the vampire who had on a cutoff mechanics t-shirt with the name “Earl” embroidered on the chest sent the Slayer rolling over onto her back as she gasped in pain.

Stalking closer to the wounded woman, a predatorily grin on his face, Earl reached down and grasped the Slayers right leg, smashing his forearm down on the top of her knee, splintering bone. Wriggling in agony, Buffy clenched her injured leg as she hissed in pain. As Earl bent down, preparing to unleash an onslaught of punches, the Slayer rammed her good leg straight out from her prone form, slamming her boot clad foot against the demons pelvic bone and bending the big vampire double. Taking advantage of the vampire’s moment of weakness, Buffy rolled over onto her stomach and began crawling away from the monster, trying to put distance between them.

Before she could get too far, she felt hands grabbing at her back, lifting her off of the ground. There wasn’t much time to consider what had brought her to this point in her life, crumpled up on the floor in a dark alley behind a club, sticky, wet, and reeking of spilled alcohol. With surprising force, Earl tossed her across the alley, past the unimpressed Hemlock demon’s who still had yet to move, into several high-top tables that had once resided inside of the Bronze.

Slowly, Buffy rolled off the table as it collapsed beneath her weight, landing heavy on the floor. An audible crack reached her ears as she hit the floor, while at the same time her side screamed out with a fiery, piercing pain. Another rib biting the dust she thought disdainfully. Staying on the ground was not an option as interesting as the new vantage point was. Gingerly, Buffy bounded to her feet, grimacing as her now broken rib objected. Air filled her lungs too slowly or, at least, it seemed that way. She coughed again, a pathetic wheezing sound escaping her lips as blood gurgled at the back of her throat.

As she cradled her ribs, her foot struck something that skittered away with a familiar clatter. She shot a quick glance in its direction. Angel’s sword, dropped at some point during the fight. As Buffy stretched for the weapon, stooped over like an old man in need of a cane, a pair of worn steel toed boots attached to tight blood spattered denim jeans, kicked it away. She watched it spin comically away from her as another pair of leather shoes blocked her from going after it, and she wondered if her life was just one giant cosmic joke at this point. A comedy of errors.

‘God hates me,’ Buffy thought to herself solemnly as the second vampire rushed her. Leaping backwards, Buffy narrowly avoided the vampire as he haphazardly dove for her, his body crumpling into the asphalt next to the broken furniture.

After the second set of boots scuffled past, Buffy dove for the sword, narrowly avoiding a garbage can hurled in her direction. Bright white fire, like burning lithium, lit up her vision when she hit the ground. With a grunt, the Slayer reached out blindly, the tips of her fingers closing around the butt of the blade.

She rose to her feet, schooling her expression into one of strength and control all the while blood pounded in her ears, making it almost impossible to concentrate. With unsteady legs, her splintered knee screaming in agony as she bared weight on it, Buffy crouched into a fighting stance, the butt of the blade held firmly in both hands. Squinting her eyes, she silently dared Earl and the now, partially blind vampire who was picking himself up from the rubbish to approach.

Instead of rushing forward in a foolhardy attack, the two demons split off in opposite directions, slowly starting to circle the Slayer. Hobbling due to her shattered knee, Buffy attempted to rotate with Earl all the while attempting to keep the other vampire in her peripheral. As if in a game of cat and mouse, the vampires took turns teasing the Slayer, swatting at her when she turned her back, waiting for her to make a mistake.

Tiring from the constant onslaught, Buffy’s movement started to slow down. The muscles in her arm started to quiver as they strained to keep the sword upright. Knowing it would be a matter of minutes before she lost her grip on the weapon, her body having taken too much damage over the past few days, Buffy dove forward at the visually impaired vampire, figuring he would be the easier kill out of the two. With a frenzied swing, she connected with the vampire’s stomach, slicing open his abdominal cavity. As the monster dropped to his knees, his hands frantically clutching at his disemboweled stomach, trying to prevent the internal organs from spilling out on the cement, Buffy turned her attention back to Earl.

Growling in fury, Earl sprinted forward, tackling the Slayer like a professional linebacker. As the two slammed to the floor, Buffy’s back skidding across the asphalt due to the weight of the slightly heavier demon; Earl reached for the sword loosely gripped in the Slayer’s hand. The two dueled briefly for supremacy before Earl won the upper hand and yanked the blade out of the Slayer’s grasp.

Perching himself up onto his knees, his thighs straddling the Slayer’s bruised battered ribs, Earl sneered down at the blonde in victory, a broad smile gracing his pale lips. Bringing the sword up over his head, his hands clutching the handle of the sword, Earl trusted the blade in a downward motion towards the Slayer’s throat.

Just as the tip of the sword was about to enter the dazed Slayer’s throat, Buffy jutted both of her arms upwards with lightning fast reflexes she wasn’t sure she still obtained, catching the blade between her palms. Pushing upwards, shoving the blade away from her, the hilt of the sword smashed into Earl’s face. Staggering backwards from the sheer force of the blow, Buffy took the opportunity to hop to her feet and kick the vampire in the chest. As Earl stumbled back even further, Buffy reached down and picked up the sword. Swinging the blade around once in a figure eight motion, Buffy thrusted the sword forward at her opponent. With cat like reflexes, Earl managed to parry out of the Slayer’s way in the nick of time, the rip across the front of his shirt the only casualty.

Fingering the hole in his shirt, Earl looked up at the Slayer in disgust. “We end this now,” he growled out in a surly tone, the corner of his lip curling up in a snarl.

“Fine by me,” huffed out the Slayer, her chest heaving up and down in exhaustion as she eyed something behind the cocky vampire.

“Look at you, you can barely stand,” taunted Earl as he stepped closer, his hands clenched in fists of rage. “Do you really think you can take me?”

“Maybe not,” came the panted reply, a hint of relief etching her words as her shoulders slumped, the tip of the blade falling to clink with the ground. Giving a curt nod, Buffy gestured to Earl’s left, “But he can.”

Twirling around to observe what the Slayer had just gestured to, Earl’s eyebrows shot upwards in shock as he realized that Angel, having disposed of his own opponent, was now standing behind him. “Aw fu...” was as far as Earl got before Angel landed a roundhouse kick to his ribs, the fierce impact causing him to collapse to the ground.

With pent up fury coursing through his body, Angel kicked the vampire several times, only stopping when he noticed Earl was no longer fighting back, his mouth open in silent agony as he unnecessarily gasped for breath. With a newfound sense of rage bubbling inside of him as he looked over at the Slayer, his girlfriend severely wounded from the fight, Angel lifted the stake he took from Giles, plunging it deep into Earl’s chest. The force, at which he shoved the stake into the demons tender flesh, caused the sharpened hunk of wood to pultrude out the back of the vampire, cracking the asphalt.

“Buffy, are you alright,” called out Angel as he rushed to the Slayer’s aid, wrapping his arms around her waist as she collapsed into his warm embrace.

Before she had a chance to answer, a slow deride clapping could be heard from behind them. With a heavy, clouded head, Buffy looked up to notice the Hemlock demons that had been standing guard at the door, where now advancing into the middle of the alley. With a long sigh, Buffy pushed herself off of Angel’s chest, straightening herself up as best as possible.

“Quite entertaining,” one of the Hemlock demons said condescendingly as he meandered forward. “Although, I thought you would have ended that child play sooner.”

“Obviously the Slayer’s strength has been greatly embellished ...” said the second demon as he walked beside his brethren. “Either that or the life of her friend’s mean nothing,” He said through a chuckle as he looked upwards in contemplation, “that house must be riddled with blood by now.”

The Slayer’s brows knitted together in anger as the demon’s continuous mockery. “I’ll show you what Slayer strength is,” she growled out as she hefted the sword above her shoulder, showing no signs of weariness.

With the sword acting as a decoy, Buffy kicked the first demon in the sternum, propelling him backwards, causing the monster to somersault from the sheer force. “You got him honey?” Buffy asked Angel, indicating the demon she has just kicked to the floor as she tossed him the sword.

Nodding his head in affirmation, Angel stalked closer to the dazed demon as Buffy waved on the second Hemlock demon. With a gut screeching howl, the seconds Hemlock demon ran forward in anticipation of attacking the Slayer. Buffy stood her ground, watching as the demon closed the distance between them.

As soon as the demon was within three feet of her, Buffy leapt into the air, promptly allowing her opponent to walk into a blazing roundhouse kick that rattled his skull. As the large demon teetered backwards, starting to topple over, Buffy’s other foot came up and slammed into his rib cage. Buffy continued this action, back and forth, right leg, left leg for several seconds, lifting the demon with each kick, forcing him to remain standing.
Even as her legs throbbed in pain, her knee screaming in agony, begging for the onslaught of kicks to subside, Buffy wrapped her arms around the Hemlock demons head to hold him up. With the demons words reverberating through her head, his cocky taunt about the Slayer’s lack of strength, Buffy repeatedly thrusted her knee into his ribs. As pain exploded in the Hemlock demons chest, Buffy basked in the sounds of the bones breaking underneath the force of each blow.

The demons breathing started to become labored as his legs turned to Jell-O and his body struggled to stay upright. As his large frame started to wobble from the numerous blows raining down on him, Buffy let loose with an uppercut to the demon’s unguarded chin, sending him flying into the wall. Before he could compose himself, Buffy was on him again, firing rootless kicks and punches into his body repeatedly, as if she was exercising on a heavy bag
Stepping back, Buffy allowed the demon to push off of the brick wall and stagger a few steps towards her. With a death-defying smirk, Buffy shot a back kick into the Hemlock demons midsection with so much force that it drove him through the steal door and onto the concrete floor of the nightclub. The ferocity, in which the demon was kick, caused his body to flop to the ground with a wet, fleshy thud. Looking back at Angel who had already disposed of his opponent, Buffy requested the bloody sword hanging limp in Angel’s hand.

Tossing the sword to his girlfriend, Angel stood back as Buffy released her anger on the second demon. From his coiled position on the floor, Buffy thrusted her arm forward, making contact with her much larger enemy. The sound of metal penetrating bone filled her ears as the blade now stood entrenched firmly in the Hemlock demons skull. Buffy stared at the rapidly dying monster for several long seconds, watching the light in his eyes dim before she spoke.

“Never let a battle turn to a contest of strength,” she proclaimed before yanking the blade out of his skull, wiping the monsters blood on the thigh of her tarnished jeans. “You will always lose.”

Post subject: Re: I Am Forever (5/20/19) update
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:09 pm 
3. Flaming O

Quote:
‘God hates me,’ Buffy thought to herself solemnly as the second vampire rushed her.

aww, poor Buff cant seem to catch a break. This story had my interest peeked. Please update soon and maybe woth a little W/T action :pray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:07 pm 

*WILLOW* wrote:
Quote:

aww, poor Buff cant seem to catch a break. This story had my interest peeked. Please update soon and maybe woth a little W/T action :pray

Unfortunately his luck doesn't change much in this next chapter. Not much "action" per say, but there is some W/T screen time. I promise, I promise that will change tho in a few chapters from now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:16 pm 

CHAPTER: 35

Cordelia let out an ear shattering scream as she turned to run into the living room, Xander hot on her heals. As they entered the room, Xander be-lined for the chest nestled by the television. Flipping the lid open, he frantically searched for a suitable weapon that would keep the vampires at arm’s length.

As he searched the trunk, Officer Lambert and Officer Harper, meandered into the room, their pace slow as they watched the frightened teenagers. With a malevolent chuckle, Officer Lambert stalked towards Xander while Officer Harper made his way towards Cordelia who was hiding in the corner behind the armrest of the couch.

Licking his lips, Officer Harper reached out for the quivering female, grabbing her with both hands by the scruff of her shirt. As he lifted Cordelia in the air, he slowly brought her closer to his opened mouth, inflicting as much fear in the young woman as possible. As the smell of rotting flesh assaulted her nostrils, Cordelia frantically looked around her for a weapon. With her right hand, she reached for a lamp nestled on the side table, the tips of her fingers brushing against the pottery. As the tips of the monsters fangs brushed against the soft flesh of her neck, penetrating her skin, Cordelia grabbed a hold of the lamp, smashing it down onto Officer Harper's head.

Falling from the vampires grasp as he clenched his head in pain, Cordelia ran for the foyer, planning on escaping through the open front door. Just as she broke the threshold of the living room, Officer Harper leapt towards the tall brunette, his arms outstretched. With her footing pulled out from under her, Cordelia fell to the floor with a hard thud. Looking behind her, Cordelia noticed Officer Harper lying flat on the floor, blood trickling down his forehead into his eyes as he gripped her left ankle tightly. Flipping the screaming woman over, Officer Harper attempted to climb up Cordelia’s body.

With a sudden release of adrenaline coursing through her body, Cordelia’s acute stress responder kicked into drive, turning her flight response into fight. With her free foot, she started kicking in a downward motion at Officer Harper’s face, causing a gash to appear on the bridge of his nose. After the fourth kick to the vampires face, blood free flowing down his nostrils to his mouth, Officer Harper finally released his hold on her ankle. Scurrying to her feet, Cordelia attempted to race towards the open door, only to stop dead in her tracks when she noticed a large monster standing guard on the front porch surrounded by several other uniformed vampires. Turning back around, she stared up the staircase before shaking her head, every horror movie quickly flashing through her mind of the victim dying after running towards the bedrooms. A final decision in mind, she leapt over the vampire’s prone body, reentering the living room.

As Officer Lambert stalked closer to Xander, only a few feet away from the boy, Xander spun around, a crucifix clenched tightly in his hand. Rearing backwards, Officer Lambert hissed his disapproval as the young male held up the cross, shaking it in the demons face.

“Back,” Xander shouted, his voice wavering. “Back I say!”

The demon stepped back automatically, the presence of the crucifix causing his skin to tingle. As the demon stood at a distance, Xander started to rotate his body, inching slowly towards his ex-girlfriend. Snarling in aggravation at the minor deterrence, Officer Lambert thrusted his hand out; forcefully hitting Xander in the forearm. As pain radiated through Xander’s arm, he dropped the crucifix to the floor.

With an audible gasp, Xander looked down at his feet where the cross now rested before looking back up into the vampires glistening eyes. Xander gave the vampire a weak smile, before letting out a yelp as Officer Lambert grabbed him by the throat. Gripping his fingers tightly around Xander’s neck, Officer Lambert lifted the brunette into the air before tossing him in a arch over his left shoulder.

Smashing into the coffee table with incredible force, Xander’s back went through the decorative glass, crumpling the table under his weight. Staring up at the ceiling, Xander wheezed in agony as pain radiated through his back where several shards of glass penetrated his skin. Before he could catch his breath, two hands reached over him, gripping his shirt tightly. Before he knew it, Officer Lambert was pulling him off of the demolished coffee table, flinging him through the air towards the far wall.

Xander’s bruised riddled back hit the wall, indenting the drywall, before he crashed to the floor on his stomach. Feebly, Xander attempted to push his body up off of the ground, his inner voice yelling at him to get up.

“I like you kid,”Officer Lambert said as he walked towards the bleeding teenager, his head tilted to the side as he watched Xander struggle to stand upright. “You’ve got moxie.”

“Gee, thanks,” Xander grumbled out sardonically as blood bubbled from his lips, his weakened limbs still straining to push his frame off of the ground.

“Too bad my orders are to kill you,” tisked out the former cop. “You would’ve made a great vampire.”

“Not to sound redundant,” Xander said as he pushed himself into a sitting position, his back resting against the wall as his head lolled backwards, his eyes slowly shutting. “Gee, thanks.”

“Oh well,” remarked Officer Lambert, shrugging his shoulders. Leaning over, he grabbed Xander from under his armpits, pulling the fatigued boy’s body away from the wall, placing him in a standing position. Officer Lambert looked over Xander, the aroma of blood seeping from his wounds assailing the vampire’s sense, causing him to lose focus. As he basked in the scent of Xander blood, he didn’t hear Cordelia creeping up on him until it was too late.

Screaming, Cordelia hefted a side table and swung it sideways like a bat towards the vampire manhandling Xander. The thick wood of the side table smashed into Officer Lambert’s upper back and neck, breaking upon impact. As the vampire collapsed to his hands and knees, Cordelia reached out to Xander, catching him as his knees gave way. Slinging one of Xander’s arms over her shoulders while bracing him around his waist with her other hand, Cordelia urged Xander to the back hallway that led around to the kitchen and to the backdoor. As the duo entered the rear of the kitchen, Cordelia flung open the back door only to be greeted by several awaiting vampires. Slamming the door shut on the heinous beasts standing vigilant in the backyard, Cordelia pivoted herself and Xander around towards the kitchen in search of a weapon.

“I’ll get the witch.”

The words reverberated through Tara’s mind as she hastily backed up into the dining room, trying to put distance between herself and the female vampire. Grabbing a chair, she tossed it to the ground to slow down Elizabeth’s advancement. Sprinting around the table, Tara rested with her hands on the back of a chair at the head of the table, keenly watching the vampire to see which direction she would go.

As Elizabeth cantered around the left side of the table, Tara moved with her in the opposite direction. Elizabeth then moved right, running around the table. Counteracting, Tara maneuvered in the opposite direction, making sure to put a table length between them. From her position, Elizabeth gripped the Cherrywood table, her nails digging into the hard wood as she glared down the blonde. Reaching behind her, Tara frantically grabbed ahold of Mrs. Summer’s crystal china, throwing it at the vampire, only occasionally hitting her mark.

Swatting away the dinnerware as it whizzed towards her, Elizabeth grabbed ahold of one of the chairs, tossing it over the table at the blonde. Wide eyed, Tara ducked, the chair narrowly missing her head. Popping up, Tara noticed Elizabeth once again running around the table, causing her to run as well. The duo kept this up for several moments, the distance never closing as Tara continued to keep pace with the vampire. Growing frustrated, a deep growl erupted from Elizabeth’s throat before she slammed down her clenched fists on the table.

“I’m done playing games,” she roared as she leaped on top of the table in one single bound, her leather cladded feet splintering the wood beneath her. Rushing forward, Elizabeth dove for the blonde, knocking them both to the ground as she speared the witch in the stomach.

With the much stronger vampire on top of her, her hands pinned above her head by the wrists, Tara looked up in fear at the glistening eyes glowering down at her. In a feeble attempt, Tara struggled to dislodge Elizabeth from on top of her, her torso wiggling as she kicked her feet. Petrified, Tara started mumbling words under her breath, pleading with any deity listening to provide her the strength to muster up a spell. As her blood started boiling hot with borrowed power, Tara shouted out the only spell that came to mind.

“Rursus,” Tara shouted, using the Latin word for ‘back’. With wide eyes, she watched in amazement as Elizabeth shot backwards, smashing into the table. With the vampire momentarily disabled, Tara flipped over onto her stomach, quickly pushing herself up off of the floor. Racing forward, Tara sprinted into the kitchen where she found Cordelia rummaging through a drawer as she struggled to hold Xander upright.

“Cordelia, the door,” Tara shouted as she ran towards the backdoor.

“No don’t!” Hollered Cordelia as she spun around, a large butcher knife grasped firmly in her hands. “They’re out there.”

Peering through the glass window pain in the center of the door, Tara counted at least three vampires. Before she could formulate a plan, Officer Lambert and Officer Harper’s disheveled bodies fumbled through the side entrance to the kitchen. Looking behind her, she also noticed Elizabeth slowly getting to her feet, pieces of splintered wood falling away from her shoulders.

Holding out her hands, palms facing the two approaching male vampires, Tara repeated the Latin word used on Elizabeth. As the two demons were tossed backwards, Tara rushed over to Cordelia, placing an arm around Xander’s waist to help support his weight. “The basement,” Tara said briskly as she started ushering them to the closed door.

Flinging the door open, Tara motioned for Cordelia to head down the steps with Xander. Just as she was about to slam the door shut, Elizabeth jutted out her hand, the tips of her fingers catching in the door as she gripped the frame. Tugging on the handle, Tara put all of her weight into keeping the door shut.

Blood started to seep down the doorframe from where the door sliced into Elizabeth’s knuckles as she struggled to open the thick fire resident door. After several agonizingly long moments, Tara watched as Elizabeth pulled her fingers back out of the door, the skin around the first two knuckles peeling away. With all of her weight pulling backwards to keep the door shut, Tara hollered down the steps to Cordelia to find something to help keep the door secured.

Cordelia desperately searched the basement for something to jam under the doorknob. As she ran over to the steal shelf adorning one wall, making sure not to cross into Willow or Spike’s space, she pulled down several two by fours. Scanning her eyes over the shelf, she located a hammer and a box full of nails. Sprinting back up the staircase, she lifted a board over Tara’s shoulders, slamming it sideways across the door. From the other side of the door, they could hear the vampires pounding on the wood, shouting out idle threats. Pulling out several nails with a trembling hand, Cordelia began hammering the two by four in place to the doorframe. After positioning several pieces of wood in a crisscrossing pattern with more nails then normally necessary, Cordelia indicated to Tara to release the doorknob.

The pair then ran down the stairs, stopping at the cot Xander was sitting on, trying to regain his strength. As the pounding on the door became more intense, Willow and Spike started hollering at their captives to be released. Ignoring the two vampires, Tara searched the room for a way out, spotting several boarded up windows inches from the ceiling. With the windows too far out of her reach, Tara started dragging miscellaneous items to the wall, trying to make a makeshift ladder.

“You can’t leave us here like this,” claimed Spike as he struggled against his chains, his muscles bulging as he attempted to snap the thick metal. As he thrashed, the four inch bolts fastened to the wall started to loosen. “They’ll kill us too!”

Ignoring the pleas of the bleach blonde vampire, Tara grabbed ahold of a dusty air conditioner, pushing it with all of her might across the basement. As the bulky hunk of metal screeched across the cement floor, leaving streaks of white in its wake, the demons at the top of the stairs continued to pound on the door fanatically. Settling the air conditioner up against the wall, Tara rushed to the other side of the room in search of another item to add to the ever growing pile.

From the kitchen, Elizabeth stood behind Lambert and Harper as they aggressively slammed their fist into the fireproof door, barely making a dent. Flaring her nostrils in aggravation, Elizabeth turned on her heals and marched towards the back door. Leaning her torso out the door, Elizabeth scanned the backyard, taking in the sight of several vampires waiting at her beck and call.

“Get me Garavito,” Elizabeth shouted towards her minions, her protruding bow furrowing together.

As the enormous demon came lumbering forwards, his large feet bowing the steps as he ascended them, Elizabeth looked at him with menacing eyes. “Get inside,” she ordered as she too retreated back into the house, heading towards the basement door. “These two imbeciels can’t seem to break the door down, so I want you to do it.”

“With pleasure,” spat out the demon, his voice sounding gravelly. Pushing the two vampires aside, the Hemlock demon began pounding into the resilient door with all of his might. On the third blow, his fist broke through the barrier, creating a soccer ball size hole in the center of the door. Reaching through the hole, the demon blindly fumbled for the object keeping the door in place.

Just as she was about to pull down a large Tupperware container from off of the steal shelf to add to her pile of air conditioner and wood pallets, Xander called out to her. Turning around to look at the brunette, Xander pointed up the staircase where Cordelia was standing guard, his hand trembling in fear as he watched a yellowish fist penetrate through the closed door.

As the demons hand reemerged through the door, fumbling for the pieces of wood in an attempt to dislodge them, Cordelia plunged the knife downwards into the meaty flesh, slashing the monsters forearm from elbow to wrist.

Hissing in pain, the Hemlock demon yanked his hand back out of the door, his right arm gushing blue blood as he waved it around wildly. Rolling her eyes upwards, Elizabeth grunted in frustration at yet another one of her minion’s lack of competence. Shoving the injured Hemlock out of her way, Elizabeth peered through the hole, snarling her distaste at the woman on the other side of the door.

“Pray I don’t get through,” Elizabeth growled out just before she started kicking the door, her boot connecting just below the doorknob.

As the door started to shake with the force of the vampire’s blows, Cordelia descended down the staircase, her eyes wide in panic. Reaching the cot, she handed the knife over to Xander before gripping him around the waste to hoist him up. “We have to help Tara,” she said, fear evident in her voice. “They’re about to break the door down.”

In a cool, collective tone, Willow called out to the frantic teenagers, her head lolling from side to side as she watched them scramble around the room looking for protection. “Let us go and we’ll help you.”

“Yeah, cause you’ve been so trustworthy,” Cordelia said offhandedly as she continued to lead Xander towards the witch.

“They’re going to be down here any minutes,” Willow replied dryly. “We’re your only chance at survival.”

From her perch on top of the makeshift ladder, her fingers deftly trying to pry the nailed in plywood from off of the window, Tara looked down at the fuming redhead. A thought quickly entered her mind, one she momentarily pondered over before casting the though aside. Shaking her head, she returned back to the task at hand, dislodging a section of the plywood from the window.

“You know it’s true,” bellowed Spike. “You lot are as good as dead without our help. Slow and painfully while damning us as well.”

As the vampire’s words sank in, Xander stopped the brunettes persistent tugging, twirling Cordelia so that she was standing in front of him. With sorrowful eyes, he scanned his ex-girlfriends face, taking in her features. Reaching his hand up, he tenderly brushed his fingers across Cordelia’s cheek, giving her a sad smile that barely lifted the corners of his lips. Leaning forward, he abruptly captured the cheerleader’s lips, his mouth slowly moving over hers as he tried to convey his adoration for the other woman.

Pulling back, Cordelia looked up at Xander’s crestfallen face, noticing tears welling up in his eyes. Reaching up, she gently whipped away a tear drop with her thumb. Grasping Cordelia’s wrist, stopping her gentle caress against his cheek, Xander pulled her hand back, placing a feather light kiss on her palm.

“Xander,” his name coming out more as a question then a statement as she watched him kiss her palm.

“I love you Cordy,” he said in a regretful tone as he released his grip on her arm. “I wish I told you that sooner… but I just needed you to know.”

“Xander …” she repeated, her eyes welling up with their own tears as she leant forward to capture her ex-boyfriends lips.

Smiling against the other woman’s mouth, Xander leaned back slightly, re-positioning his forehead to rest against the slightly shorter woman’s. As their eyes meet once more, Xander lifted his left hand to tenderly clasp Cordelia’s jaw. “I’m sorry,” he said in a near whisper.

Before Cordelia had a chance to respond, Xander struck the woman in the temple with the butt of the butcher knife, rendering her unconscious. As Cordelia slumped into his chest, Xander tossed the knife to the ground. Wrapping his arms around the insentient woman, Xander dragged her behind the staircase. Placing her prone body as gently as possible to the ground, Xander reached for the dryer door. Popping open the door, he gingerly picked up Cordelia and shoved her none too gently into the machine. With one final look at the woman he loved, Xander closed the door, making sure that it was only open a crack to allow air to flow through.

Returning back to the middle of the room, Xander bent down to retrieve the discarded knife. Looking over at the blonde who was standing on the pile of junk, he watched as she struggled to remove the remainder of the plywood from the storm window. Running to her aid, Xander climbed up the improvised ladder, his footing slipping occasionally as the stack of miscellaneous items shifted under his added weight. Coming to stand beside the blonde, Xander gave her a demure look before positioning the butcher’s knife under the plywood in an attempt to pry out the nails. Just as he was about to remove another nail, the door at the top of the staircase busted open, splintered pieces of wood flying in all directions.

Without hesitation, Officer Lambert and Harper bounded down the stairs, the Hemlock demon right behind them as Elizabeth brought up the rear. Splitting off, Officer Lambert and Harper headed towards the teens while the Hemlock demon b-lined towards Spike. Rushing forward, Lambert gripped the back of Xander’s shirt, pulling him down from off of the pallets. With the boy now at eye level, Lambert re-positioned his grip on Xander’s clothing, tossing him across the room. Landing hard on his right shoulder, Xander rolled several times before coming to a halt at the base of the staircase, his head smacking the bottom step.

As Lambert tossed Xander across the room, Harper reached up, grabbing a hold of Tara’s ankles. With a twist of his body, he pulled the blonde’s feet out from under her, causing her to crash down on the pile of pallets. Gasping in pain, Tara looked over at the beaming vampire, her eyes wide in fright as he slowly leaned towards her neck. Reaching blindly with her hands, Tara grabbed ahold of a splintered piece of wood that broke free when she slammed down onto the pallets. Panic-stricken, Tara stabbed the hunk of wood into the vampire’s neck, the makeshift stake penetrating deep into his flesh, causing the vampire to lurch back.

Ripping the hunk of wood out of his neck, Harper looked at the blood stained object before carelessly tossing it aside. With a malicious snarl, Harper grabbed the lapels of the leather jacket Tara was wearing, hefting her up off of the shattered pallets and tossing her sideways into the nearest wall. As Harper stalked towards the blonde, she scrambled backwards on her hands and the balls of her feet, stopping only when her back was pressed up against the cold wall.
Lifting her hands, Tara aimed her palms at the advancing vampire, her lips barely moving as she recanted a spell, Lambert halting his movements as he stared at her curiously. As the final word left her mouth, Tara looked first at her hands before switching her gaze to Harper and then back to her hands. Befuddled by the spell failing, Tara once again attempted the incantation, her gaze focused on the creature of the night as a knowing smirk graced his face.

With a cocky canter, Harper sauntered towards the weakened witch, a low grumble trickling from his throat. Squatting down, so that he was positioned in front of Tara, his forearm resting on his knees, Harper arrogantly stared into the woman’s tear stained eyes. “Foolish woman,” his voice low and ominous, “You’re powers are tapped. Nothing left to give.” Slowly lifting his hand, Harper reached out for Tara’s face halting her speech, the tips of his fingers, surprisingly delicate, brushed her cheek. “Stop fighting, your life is...” The feeling of a cold, tapered hand reaching around his neck, squeezing down on his jugular, stopped his line of speech. Looking upwards at the body looming over him; starting first at the figures navel, bypassing a well-toned arm, Harper’s eyes widened in realization as he took in the individual before him.

“Mine,” came the eerily monotone voice as the hand around his throat clenched tighter.

Gurgling, his vocal cords pinched due to the tight grip around his throat, Harper looked up into penetratingly dark green eyes. With the briefest of movements, Harper wiggled his head up and down, signaling his understanding.

Pulling the vampire to his feet, Willow spun him around, slamming his back into the wall she was chained to. Looking down at the trembling woman huddled in on herself, blue eyes meeting green, Willow gave Tara a sinister smirk before returning her attention back to Harper. With the same eerie smile, Willow tilted the other vampire’s neck up, never removing her hand from his throat. Without a word, Willow jerked the males head forward, before shoving back, Harper's cranium striking violently into the cement wall.

With her free hand, Willow wiggled her left thumb in front of Harper's face, a teasing cackle echoing behind her closed teeth. Slowly, she shifted her thumb over Harper’s right eye, gingerly adding pressure. As the vampire started to whimper in pain, his hands shot up to grip the arm holding his neck, frantically trying to pry away the appendage wrapped around his neck. With the sensation of euphoria coursing through her body, Willow plunged her finger deeper into Harper’s eye, the globular organ popping under the pressure, releasing a water like substance.

Removing his hands from the arm pinning him to the wall, Harper frantically clawed at the hand blinding him. With dagger like fingernails sinking into the flesh of her left hand, Willow removed her right hand from around Harper’s neck, bringing it up to mimic her previous actions. With both thumbs penetrating deep into Harper’s eye sockets, Willow wiggled her opposable digits around inside of the screaming demons skull. Growing tired of her game, the vampire’s screams of agony no longer bringing her pleasure, Willow wrapped the remainder of her fingers around the base of Harper’s skull, sinking deep into the skin at the nape of his neck.

Looking down once more at the blonde, making sure she was watching the unfolding scene, Willow gave her a toothy grin before yanking her hands apart. With an audible gasp, Tara watched as the redhead split the other vampires head in two, his brain spilling out of the demolished skull. Before Harper’s brain reached the floor, the vampire bursted into dust. Nonchalantly, Willow brushed the center of her chest, wiping away some of the vampires ashes, a bored expression on her face as she did so. Satisfied, Willow turned her attention back to the woman cowering on the floor, her knees clenched tightly to her chest. Reaching down her hand, her fingers still glistening with the lubricant of the eyeball, Willow waited for the blonde to accept her offer.

Without a plausible escape route, Tara gingerly placed her hand in the vampires, grimacing slightly as the powerful woman yanked her to her feet. Now eye-level with the soulless monster, Tara blinked rapidly as Willow slowly shifted her head from side to side, her nostrils flaring as she inhaled deeply. Releasing her grasp on the human’s hand, Willow looked sidelong at the wall restraints before shifting her eyes back to the blue ones looking at her in horror.

“Release us,” Willow said calmly, her gaze never wavering. “Or next time you might not be so lucky.”

With trepidation, her voice quivering, “I don’t have the key,” she slowly stated. As soon as the words left her mouth, Tara clenched her eyelids shut in anticipation of retaliation, her body coiling in on itself. After several agonizing seconds, the dreaded retaliation unforthcoming, Tara peeked one eye open. Straightening out her posture, Tara took in the vampire’s blank expression, unsure what to make of it. Shuffling her feet, Tara hastily moved away from the displeased vampire as the redhead briskly turned around and started tugging on her chains once more.

“Bugger,” grumbled out Spike as he watched the Hemlock demon barrel towards him.

A cocky smile graced Elizabeth’s features as she sauntered behind the Hemlock demon towards her blood kin.

“Now this is a sad sight to see,” tisked Elizabeth as she took in the chained up vampire. “The world renown William the Bloody tied up like a common house pet.”

“This house pet still bites love,” snarled Spike, his body coiling like a spring as he positioned himself into a fighting stance.

Scoffing, a genuine smile graced Elizabeth’s lips. “Not for long.” Snapping her fingers at the Hemlock, she pointed at the bleach blonde vampire, indicating to the demon to continue his advancement. She watched briefly as the large demon quickly won the upper hand, repeatedly punching the cocky vampire in the face; bruises rapidly appearing around his left eye socket.

With a satisfied smile, Elizabeth turned away, her attention landing on Willow. The young vampire had both of her feet pressed against the wall, one of the chains wrapped around her wrist as she pulled with all of her strength to dislodge it from its cement encasing. Morphing back into her demonic visage, Elizabeth approached the much younger vampire.

With lumbering steps, Lambert approached the nearly unconscious male flailed out on the floor. Gripping the boy by his hair, the vampire dragged the teenager into the center of the room. Letting go, Lambert slowly circled the prone figure on the floor, basking in his handy work. Coming to a complete 360, Lambert stopped his movements by Xander’s face. Nudging the boy’s forehead with the tip of his shoe, Lambert checked for cognizance. Dismayed at the lack of response, Lambert took a step back, preparing to stomp down on the boy’s neck.

As Lambert lifted his right foot in the air, steadying himself for the blow, Xander quickly jutted his arm upwards before thrusting down; the already bloody piece of wood clenched in his grip impaling the vampire’s left foot. Taking the distraction to his advantage, Xander lunged for the butcher knife he had dropped upon impact with the floor. As he reached the knife that lay only a few feet away, Xander clambered to his feet just as Lambert pulled the chunk of wood out of his shoe, chucking it to the ground.

Limping over to Xander, the vampire jumped back in surprise as the scuffed up teenager swung the knife wildly in the air. As Xander continued to desperately slash at the air, Lambert stepped back, making sure to keep a safe distance between himself and the teen as he continued to follow the tip of the blade. As Xander slashed downwards from a high arch, trying to cut the former cop across the chest, Lambert brought his arms up in a self-defense maneuver he was taught while on the force. Seizing Xander’s arm, Lambert let out an amuse scoff. “You have heart kid,” he croaked out before pit maneuvering under the teenager’s hoisted arm, twisting his wrist around in the process and plunging the knife deep into Xander’s stomach. As the knife glided through his flesh, deep into his internal organs, Xander’s eyes widened with shock and pain as he looked down at the handle of the knife protruding from his body. “To bad it’s gonna stop beating soon.” With an added thrust for good measure, Lambert sank the knife deeper, twisting the blade to cause maximum damage.

Releasing his hold, Lambert watched as the boy first dropped to his knees before falling over sideways, a steady stream of blood rapidly spreading across his grey shirt as it turned the cotton a darker shade, before it started to puddle on the floor around him. Leaving the boy to slowly bleed out, Lambert made his way over to the Hemlock demon that was currently losing the battle with the bleach blonde vampire.

QUESTION TO ANY/ALL READERS, SHOULD XANDER LIVE OR DIE? I HAVE TWO DIFFERENT ENDINGS FOR HOW THE XANDER'S STORY LINE PANS OUT. FEEDBACK GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Last edited by mmmh-Hot-Sauce on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: I Am Forever (6/20/19) UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:33 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
As much as I like Xander, unless he is going to be changed, my vote is Die. Great chapter. Full of drama. Looking forward to reading more.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:44 am 

I don't want Xander to die or be turned into a vampire!!!!!
Truth be told I also don't want Willow to be a soulless vampire that obviously can only feel something resembling emotion while torturing others plus the kind of obsession towards Tara which seems like a carricature of the love canon-Willow feels for Tara. Considering that I can't imagine how Xander could be saved at this point or how you could restore "our" Willow and give her and Tara a "happily ever after"-ending - and because I can hardly stand all that "blood and gore"-stuff - I should probably just stop reading this story and wait for another "behind the scenes of canon"-story from you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:21 am 
3. Flaming O

I hate to say it,cause I love Xander, but I kinda want him to die to see where you take this story. I'm also curious on how Willow and Tara are gonna get a happy ending what with Willow being a blood sucking fiend and all. Nevertheless, great chapters. Cant wait for more!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:10 am 
3. Flaming O

I’m gonna even up the score here and make it 2-2 I want Xander to live.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:20 am 

taranwillow4ever wrote:
As much as I like Xander, unless he is going to be changed, my vote is Die. Great chapter. Full of drama. Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks for your vote! No vampiric future for Xander in this story. There's a lot more drama to come. Thanks for reading and stay tuned to see what's in store for Xander ... and all the other's of course.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:30 am 

Will's redemption wrote:
I don't want Xander to die or be turned into a vampire!!!!!
Truth be told I also don't want Willow to be a soulless vampire that obviously can only feel something resembling emotion while torturing others plus the kind of obsession towards Tara which seems like a carricature of the love canon-Willow feels for Tara. Considering that I can't imagine how Xander could be saved at this point or how you could restore "our" Willow and give her and Tara a "happily ever after"-ending - and because I can hardly stand all that "blood and gore"-stuff - I should probably just stop reading this story and wait for another "behind the scenes of canon"-story from you.

I'm sorry there's so much blood and gore in this fic, I just wanted to write something that's so vastly different then all my other stories ... or those on the board even. I can promise Xander won't be turned into a vampire, but whether he lives or dies is still up in the air. Also, Willow/Tara will have a happy ending, i guarantee that, it's just gonna be a while to get there. Thanks for reading!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:34 am 

*WILLOW* wrote:
I hate to say it,cause I love Xander, but I kinda want him to die to see where you take this story. I'm also curious on how Willow and Tara are gonna get a happy ending what with Willow being a blood sucking fiend and all. Nevertheless, great chapters. Cant wait for more!

Thanks for your feedback. Don't want to give anything away as to how the story will end, but Willow and Tara will be together ... and happily too. Stay tuned for Xander's fate... it'll be revealed in the next few chapters.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:35 am 

wickedaddiction wrote:
I’m gonna even up the score here and make it 2-2 I want Xander to live.

Definitely not making this decision easy for me. Lol. Thanks for voting.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:32 pm 

CHAPTER 36

Leaping up and kicking off of the wall, his black leather jacket billowing behind him like a cape, Spike spun his body around, his foot connecting squarely with the larger demons head. The unsuspecting kick causing the Hemlock to stumble to the side, his red beaty eyes scrunching together as a lightening sharp pain erupted throughout his skull. With the demons eyes closed, Spike kicked out his leg once more, connecting with the Hemlock’s left calf. With the unsuspecting blow to his leg, Calavito sank to the floor, an ungodly howl leaving his throat as the pain from his shattered fibula ripping through his yellow flesh overstimulated his senses.

Smirking, Spike lunged at the opportunity to kill his opponent. Stalking closer, positioning himself behind the demon, Spike wrapped the thick chain binding him to the wall around the Hemlocks meaty neck. Bringing his arms together, Spike crossed his wrists, pulling them tight to his chest. Realizing his predicament, Calavito let go of his shattered leg in order to reach for the shackle slowly suffocating him, scrapping his own flesh as he attempted to wiggle his thick fingers under the chain. As Calavito’s movements became sluggish, the light rapidly dimming from his eyes, he made one more drastic attempt to free himself. Pulling his hands free from the thick metal chain, Calavito swung his arms aimlessly behind him, occasionally connecting with the vampire’s body.

Clenching his teeth, Spike steadied himself as the Hemlock swatted at his torso and legs in a last ditch effort, the blows rattling him to the bones. After a minute, the demon stopped flailing, his arms coming to lie limp at his sides. Holding on to the chains, Spike tugged tighter for added precaution, the thick metal chaffing the Hemlocks throat as it indented. With a heavy sigh, Spike dropped the chain, swinging one arm over the deceased demons head to free himself as the body dropped to the floor face first.

Just as Spike was about to gloat in his victory over the much larger demon, he felt a bolt of electricity coursing through his body, his limbs instantly going weak. Flopping to the ground, his knees barely touching the floor as he landed hard on his stomach, Spike slowly shifted his head to the side, his neck twisting as he looked up at the figure hovering over him. Puffing air through his nostrils in annoyance, Spike looked at the vampire in a pristine blue uniform, a taser clenched in his hand.

“Thing about us newfound vampires,” snickered Lambert as she sneered down at Spike’s immobilized body, the taser still sparking blue current. “We come with nifty technology.”

“Bloody hell,” grumbled Spike seconds before the taser pressed up against his back once more.

Moving away from the redheaded vampire, Tara rushed back to the makeshift ladder, briskly climbing the junk to resume clawing at the plywood. Scrapping her hands against the thick sheet of wood, her finger nails started to pull backwards and bleed from the frantic movement. With her attempts futile, Tara looked back out at the room behind her, noticing Spike and Willow both occupied with fighting off demons while Xander laid crumpled on the floor, a puddle of blood pooling out around him.

With her heart pounding frantically in her chest, Tara decided to act on the thought that crossed her mind minutes before the vampires broke into the basement. Closing her eyes to concentrate on the spell she had come across in her mother’s spell book years ago, Tara began chanting softly, trying to annunciate the foreign words as best she could. As the final words trailed out of her mouth, Tara’s eyes shot open, a bolt of energy ripping through her body and escaping through the tips of her fingers.

Exchanging blows with the dark haired vampire, Willow suddenly stopped her onslaught of punches as a weird sensation shot through her body, causing her to unnecessarily take in a large inhalation of air. Willow felt a sudden rush of electricity surging through her body, radiating from the soles of her feet clear up to the crown of her head: a sudden flash of bluish-green light exploding behind her eyes, forcing her to close them against the brightness. As her eyelids slid open, her iris’s momentarily flashed white before returning to demonic yellow. Then, as quickly as the sensation hit her, it was gone. Shaking her head to clear the fog clouding her thoughts, Willow blinked absently at the long deceased Slayer in front of her, an overwhelming odder of magic emanating from her own body. Stepping back, Elizabeth watched the sudden change in the young vampire, a recognizable stench of magic assaulting her senses. With the young vampire dazed, Elizabeth landed an uppercut, connecting squarely with the redheads jaw, dropping her quickly to the ground. With the redhead out of commission, Elizabeth slowly craned her neck to look at where Tara was standing, magic washing off of her in waves.

The sight of the blonde haired woman, her fingertips crackling with white light, caused a newfound rage to erupt inside of Elizabeth. “Witch,” she snarled out as she focused in on the still breathing woman. Rushing forward, Elizabeth kicked at the air conditioner holding up the pallets, sending it soaring out from under the pile of junk. As the blonde toppled to the ground, Elizabeth let loose with a right hook, connecting with the blonde’s cranium. Sprawled out on the floor, her head ringing from the force of the blow, Tara looked up as the vampire stood over her, Elizabeth’s feet coming to straddle her midsection. “I’d like to see you try to escape now,” Elizabeth snarled.

Coming back to wakefulness, Willow scanned the room for her attacker, locating the older vampire to her right, hovering over the blonde witch. Hopping to her feet, Willow frantically tugged at her chains some more, all the while looking over her shoulder, yelling “Let me go!”

Hefting the blonde off of the floor by her lapels, Elizabeth gleefully smiled at the injured woman, watching delightedly as her head lolled backwards. Ignoring the shouts of the redhead behind her, her full attention at the moment focused solely on inflicting as much pain as possible on the blonde, Elizabeth threw the woman at the adjacent wall. Smacking the cement wall, Tara crumpled to the floor, her back staying in contact with the wall as she slid down.

Through blurry, double vision eyes, Tara watched as the dark haired, uniformed vampire walked towards her. With a final burst of energy, Tara pointed her hands at the chained up vampire behind her attacker, uttering the word release before collapsing to the ground unconscious. As the chains fell to the ground, Willow rubbed her chafed wrists, a menacing smile etching across her face as she took in the sight of the demon on the other side of the room.

“My turn,” Willow said in a singsong manner as she leisurely approached Elizabeth.

Looking over her shoulders, Elizabeth let out a disapproving snarl as she watched the chains fall from the redhead’s limbs. Twisting around, Elizabeth steadied herself for the redheaded vampires attack.

As Willow got closer to her target, she stutter-stepped, discombobulating the older vampire before leaping at Elizabeth with one foot raised, kicking her squarely in the chest. Propelling backwards, Elizabeth’s feet shuffled haphazardly underneath her for a few steps until she was able to regain her balance, her arms clutching around her midsection in pain. Stalking closer to the bent over woman, Willow gripped a fistful of raven colored hair, propelling the woman’s head down as she simultaneously raised a knee into the other vampire’s face, breaking her nose.

Collapsing to her knees, tears blurred Elizabeth’s eyes as blood steadily gushed out of her nose past her lips and down her chin, soiling her once pristine uniform. With a spinning kick, the side of Willow’s chunky leather boot connected with Elizabeth’s temple, sending the much older vampire to the ground. Looking up at the redhead from her position on the floor, confusion washed over Elizabeth’s beautiful features at having been bested by a youngling. Before she could regain her composure, Willow kicked her twice more in the face, blood smearing across her lips and cheeks as her head snapped backwards, her vision instantly going black as her body slumped unconscious.

As Willow reached down to continue her beating on the woman assigned to sacrifice her to Master Shantou, the rafters started to shake as the sound of feet pounded on the floor above. Shifting her attention to the left, Willow watched as another large Hemlock demon immerged through the broken door at the top of the stairs, his bulky frame taking up the whole doorway. Stepping away from Elizabeth, Willow rolled her shoulders backwards, cracking the bones in her back as she prepared to take on the much larger monster.

“Willow, go!” growled out Spike as he stepped towards the newly arrived Hemlock, “I got this, get out of here.”

Hesitatingly, Willow looked back and forth between her Sire and the boarded up windows. Casting one last glance at her Sire, the platinum haired vamp now in the midst of a battle with the new Hemlock demon and Lambert; Willow rushed towards the window, bounding up on the pallets in a single leap. Reaching up, she gripped the plywood and yanked back, forcefully removing the sheet of wood from the windowsill.

With a clenched fist, Willow smashed the glass confining her to the basement. Opening her hand, she used her palm to break away the jagged pieces of glass still attached to the windowpane. Hefting herself up, Willow raised her body to the open window, catching sight of the blonde out of the corner of her eye. Undisturbed, Willow pulled herself through the window, her body falling a few inches to the grass, before she bounded to her feet and started to run.

Just as she was about to reach the street, an overwhelming and unfamiliar feeling of guilt washed over her, stopping her in her tracks. Scrunching up her face, Willow jostled her head as she internally fought with herself. Turning on the heels of her feet, Willow rushed back to the opened window. Sliding through, feet first, Willow dropped back inside of the basement. Landing heavily on her feet, one arm coming down to the floor to brace her weight, Willow made eye contact with her Sire who was struggling to get the upper hand on the two demons.

“I told you to get the bloody hell out of here,” shouted Spike as he scissor kicked the Hemlock, sending the demon toppling backwards into Lambert.

With an aggravated snarl, Willow didn’t respond to her Sire as she rushed forward, grabbing a hold of the still unconscious blonde. Dragging her limpless body by the collar of the leather jacket to the open window, Willow tossed her up none to gently on what was left of the makeshift ladder. Hopping up herself, Willow once again disappeared through the window.

Once outside, Willow scanned the side yard for any signs of a threat. Satisfied that she was alone, Willow crawled back through the window, her palms and exposed stomach slicing on the shattered glass as she held her weight steady. With half of her body through the window, dangling down in the basement, Willow reached for the collar of the leather jacket once more, pulling the slightly larger woman upwards. As she shimmied backwards on her stomach, Willow roughly pulled the blonde through the narrow window; a few cuts emerging on the other woman’s exposed skin as she slid passed jagged pieces of glass.

Dropping the blonde carelessly on the grass, Willow looked up at the night sky, taking in the position of the moon. Realizing there was only a few hours left before the sun would start to rise, Willow lent down and heft the blonde into the air, settling the woman on her right shoulder unceremoniously. Positioning the woman into a more comfortable position, evenly distributing her weight, Willow started to walk towards the street once more.

Post subject: Re: I Am Forever (7/08/19) UPDATE
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:36 pm 
8. Vixen

DIBS. This was very descriptive and makes me want more.
Quote:
Willow suddenly stopped her onslaught of punches as a weird sensation shot through her body, causing her to unnecessarily take in a large inhalation of air. Willow felt a sudden rush of electricity surging through her body, radiating from the soles of her feet clear up to the crown of her head: a sudden flash of bluish-green light exploding behind her eyes, forcing her to close them against the brightness. As her eyelids slid open, her iris’s momentarily flashed white before returning to demonic yellow. Then, as quickly as the sensation hit her, it was gone. Shaking her head to clear the fog clouding her thoughts,
So Willow has Tara, and Tara's first spell caused some reaction in Willow. What did it do? What is Willow going to do with Tara? Inquiring minds want to know. Great submission. Thanks. :applause

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:35 am 

Quote:
Also, Willow/Tara will have a happy ending, i guarantee that, it's just gonna be a while to get there.

I honestly can't imagine how a "resouled" or "restored as a human"- Willow could ever be happy with the guilt of what she did as a vampire on her conscience, even more so if you really let Xander die. If Xander really dies Buffy will probably get killed too in the further course of the story, because I imagine she would be crippled by the guilt that she fell for this trap and as a result lost her second-best friend. Then I imagine Angel and Giles might be next… If "our" Willow returns and finds her whole "chosen family" dead I don't believe she could "ride happily into the sunset" with Tara. So apart from turning back time to change the horrible past I don't see how you could pull this off.

I guess I will just stop reading until you've finished your story and then judge from the end if I think I can stomach reading the other chapters that led to it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:42 pm 

Will's redemption wrote:
Quote:
Also, Willow/Tara will have a happy ending, i guarantee that, it's just gonna be a while to get there.

I honestly can't imagine how a "resouled" or "restored as a human"- Willow could ever be happy with the guilt of what she did as a vampire on her conscience, even more so if you really let Xander die. If Xander really dies Buffy will probably get killed too in the further course of the story, because I imagine she would be crippled by the guilt that she fell for this trap and as a result lost her second-best friend. Then I imagine Angel and Giles might be next… If "our" Willow returns and finds her whole "chosen family" dead I don't believe she could "ride happily into the sunset" with Tara. So apart from turning back time to change the horrible past I don't see how you could pull this off.

I guess I will just stop reading until you've finished your story and then judge from the end if I think I can stomach reading the other chapters that led to it.

I'm sorry you're not enjoying this fic. I understand this type of plot or genre is not everyone's cup of tea. I do appreciate you reading it thus far and hope when it gets there, you will enjoy the ending. I do have another story in the works which I'll be posting within the next few weeks that is much more subdued. It's a Detective piece set in the 1940's with a happy ending and middle.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:58 pm 

taranwillow4ever wrote:
DIBS. This was very descriptive and makes me want more.
Quote:
Willow suddenly stopped her onslaught of punches as a weird sensation shot through her body, causing her to unnecessarily take in a large inhalation of air. Willow felt a sudden rush of electricity surging through her body, radiating from the soles of her feet clear up to the crown of her head: a sudden flash of bluish-green light exploding behind her eyes, forcing her to close them against the brightness. As her eyelids slid open, her iris’s momentarily flashed white before returning to demonic yellow. Then, as quickly as the sensation hit her, it was gone. Shaking her head to clear the fog clouding her thoughts,
So Willow has Tara, and Tara's first spell caused some reaction in Willow. What did it do? What is Willow going to do with Tara? Inquiring minds want to know. Great submission. Thanks. :applause

Yay, glad you're enjoying the story! Don't want to give too much away, but the spell definitely causes an impact on Willow of sorts and Tara too. (geez that was cryptic as all hell ). There is much more to come and hopefully just as descriptive. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:03 am 

Quote:
I do have another story in the works which I'll be posting within the next few weeks that is much more subdued. It's a Detective piece set in the 1940's with a happy ending and middle.

That sounds good, I'm looking forward to it!

I love the old crime novels from Agatha Christie. People get killed (sometimes quite brutally) but the killing itself is never described and there is no detailed description of the "blood and gore" when the bodies are found. Fine for a wimp like me, lol. I make a wide bearth around all the polular thriller stories of today where torture and murder are described in great detail.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:40 am 
3. Flaming O

It seems that even as a vampire Willow still has a moral compass (kinda like spike did in the show), to a degree at least, when she protected Tara against Elizabeth and then went back for her. I am highly curious as to what happens next for the two and Xander and Spike and the baddies. Shoot, I'm just curious about the whole darn thing. Please update soon!!!

P.S. you're detective story sounds interesting. Can't wait to read it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:51 am 

wickedaddiction wrote:
It seems that even as a vampire Willow still has a moral compass (kinda like spike did in the show), to a degree at least, when she protected Tara against Elizabeth and then went back for her. I am highly curious as to what happens next for the two and Xander and Spike and the baddies. Shoot, I'm just curious about the whole darn thing. Please update soon!!!

P.S. you're detective story sounds interesting. Can't wait to read it.

Sorry for the long wait. I'm ashamed to say that I sorta forgot about this story again. :ashamed Not much on the W/T front with this update but more centered on W/S and their escape.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:55 am 

Chapter: 37

As she rounded the corner of the house stealthily making her way to the street, Willow noticed a small army of vampires on the opposite side of the yard, all of them in matching police uniforms, lingering about in preparation to attack anything that exited through the main doors of the Summers residence. Rolling her eyes, Willow shrugged the blonde off of her shoulder, dropping Tara to the floor by a parked, rusty, beige Toyota. Looking down at the blonde to determine if she was worth the fight, Willow grunted in aggravation as the Latin words from the journal echoed in her mind.

Walking to the rear of the car, she placed her fingers between the small gap amongst the lip of the trunk and the bumper. With blood caked hands, she pried open the trunk, snapping the locking mechanism. As one hand held open the trunk door, Willow reached down with her free hand to grab the blonde. Tossing the woman into the trunk aggressively, Willow looked down at the unconscious blonde blankly, her expression that of boredom. Reaching for the young blonde once more, Willow gripped a hold of one of the jacket sleeves, yanking it up and off of the blonde’s arm before tugging the jacket the rest of the way off of the unconscious woman’s body. Sprawled out haphazardly in the diminutive trunk, Willow allowed her eyes to roam over the blonde’s curvy features which had previously been hidden under the thick leather coat for several seconds before taking a step back.

Swiveling the coat in the air around her shoulders, her arms effortlessly gliding through the sleeves in one fell swoop, Willow rejoiced in the feeling of the warm cowhide encompassing her cold corpse. As the jacket settled around her thin frame, the apex of the coat flaring out around her ankles, Willow bent down and retrieved a lug wrench from inside of the trunk half hidden under the blonde’s legs. Slamming the trunk down, the hood bounced slightly before coming to its natural resting position, a half inch crack, a bloody imprint of an hand, and a small dent where Willow squeezed the metal; the only thing indicating that the trunk had been tampered with.

Twirling the wrench between her fingers like a baton, her coat billowing behind her in the wind, Willow approached the gang of vampires, all-the-while whistling a jovial tune. As she reached her destination, her whistling never seizing, Willow stood nonchalantly in the middle of the walkway as the attacking vampires turned their attention from the front steps to her.

As they ran forward, staggered one behind the other, Willow continued to stand perfectly still. As the first vampire reached her, his right fist poised in a striking position, Willow swiftly swung the wrench, gashing open the vampire’s cheek as the ridged metal collided with his cheekbone. With the force of the blow, the assailant summersaulted backwards in the air, toppling to the ground in an unconscious heap. Moving forward, Willow took on the next demon, her arm swinging low, connecting with the vampire’s potbelly stomach. Keeling over in pain, Willow slammed the wrench on his back before pushing the overweight vampire aside, her attention fixated on the next approaching vampire.

As she lifted the wrench high above her head in preparation to swing downwards, the stocky, well-toned vampire leaped forwards, the tips of his loafers springing off of the grass as he speared the redhead in her midsection like a linebacker. If she hadn’t already been dead, thought Willow, the momentum behind the blow would have knocked the wind out of her lungs. Instead, she lay sprawled out on the uneven terrain, her yellow eyes staring up at the night’s sky, blinking slowly as a dull throbbing pain shot through the back of her skull where it had connected with a tree root.

Blinking her eyes several more times to wash away the haze, her blurred vision cleared just in time to see a boney fist plummeting for her face. Rolling to her left, Willow felt the wind tussle her hair as the vampire’s fist slammed into the ground inches from her face, several of the demons knuckles breaking as they connected with the thick root. As the vampire yanked his fist back, clutching his bleeding knuckles with his good hand, he staggered backwards a few paces, giving Willow enough time to hop to her feet.

Seeing the redhead straighten up, the vampire snarled in aggravation as he swiveled to be in front of her, shaking his dominate hand as he prepared to throw another punch. Willow dropped down low as the demon took another swing at her face with its blood drenched fist. Using her free hand as leverage, Willow swung a foot out in a perfectly-timed sweeper kick, knocking the vampire onto its backside. Not hesitating, Willow jumped up, grabbing ahold of a low hanging branch. Snapping the three inch thick branch loose from the tree, Willow swung her hand down blindly, feeling tremendous satisfaction as the thick bark incased piece of wood met solid form, splitting open the demons forehead. She pivoted slowly, glancing at her handiwork; her unneeded breath hard and labored as it left her mouth.

From the other side of the house, two more vampires charged, both taking one look at the copper haired woman and smiling grotesquely; they both hissed loudly, running full-bore towards her. Looking sidelong, Willow took a quick, deep inhalation of breath so she could sigh loudly upon the exhale. Straightening back up, her shoulders rolling backwards to crack her aching back, Willow waited, stake in hand for the approaching vampire’s.

Once they got close enough, approximately five yards away, Willow launched herself in the air, propelling herself into a forward flip, swinging her makeshift stake across her body as she arched over the first two monsters that reached her. As her feet hit earth, she landed in a low squat, and then stood abruptly, the tree branch jutting forward into the back of one of the vampires, sliding through the back of his ribcage and penetrating deep into his unbeating heart. In less than three seconds, Willow watched as the body disintegrated around the blood soaked branch. Before she had time to savor the minor triumph of dusting yet another vampire, the second vampire rushed at her, his fist connecting with her right eye socket.

Willow's head snapped back from the force of the punch; before she could recover, another blow came, this time to her stomach. Doubling over, her eyes downcast, Willow was unprepared for the roundhouse kick that sent her flying into the nearby tree, banging hard against the bark before falling to the wet, muddy mulch. Willow opened her mouth wide in anguish as yellow specks of light danced before her closed eyelids. As she stared off into space, another sound kick struck her just below her armpit; Willow grimaced, pretty sure the snap she felt was a rib or two breaking. As she tentatively reached for her ribs, a pair of rough hands grabbed her shoulders and yanked her to her feet; she felt the ground fall away as the hands moved briskly from her shoulders to her throat, lifting her several inches off the ground.

Dangling, her feet swaying in the air as the taller vampire held her off the ground; Willow scanned the vampire’s face, smirking as her golden eyes burrowed into his yellow. Thrown off guard by the redhead’s ill-timed amusement, the vampire cocked up his furrowed eyebrow just as Willow slammed her hands on either side of his head, her palms cupping the demons ear, popping his eardrums. Instantaneously, the vampire released his hold on Willow, his hands flying up to grip his ringing ears. Tilting her head to the side, Willow looked at the wailing vampire, her expression blank. Then, displeasure and anger painted her features. With lightning-fast speed, Willow lunged for the discarded branch lying at her feet. With the thick stick firmly grasped in her hand, Willow swung the branch as if she was holding a bat, connecting squarely with the side of the vampire’s head, cracking his skull. Watching as the hearing impaired vampire stumbled around, Willow waited until he was once again facing her before she whipped the stick around, stabbing it into the vamp's heart. As the demon burst into ash, Willow took a step back, away from the floating particles of dust, still pissed.

Turning away from the windswept pile of ash, the branch hanging limply at her side, Willow watched as the vampire she had hit in the face with the lug wrench staggered to his feet. Walking towards the vampire, her eyes fixated on the blood gushing from the large gash adorning his cheek, Willow swung the branch in the same manner as before, surprised when the creature ducked, narrowly missing the same fate as his cohort. As the tree limb swept over his head, the vampire stooped slightly, his right hand coming up to strike the redhead in the throat while his right foot position behind her left, throwing her off balance.

Staggering from the unsuspected blow, Willow fell to her ass, the attacking vampire spinning around to face her. As he positioned himself in front of the redhead, Willow kicked a leg out, catching him in the hip. As the vampire faltered, the heel of one shoe catching on a blue and red garden gnome; he fell backwards, landing hard against the ground. Scrambling to her hands and knees, Willow rushed towards the other vampire, climbing on top of his chest. From her advantage point, Willow started punching the demon in the face, her boney knuckles repeatedly connecting with the male vampire’s nose and eye socket. After the fifth blow, Willow’s knuckles started to bleed as she released all of her pent up frustration, the pain from the cracked skin barely noticeable to the enraged monster.

With the demon’s body prone underneath her, Willow looked around the yard for her makeshift stake, noticing that the wood was several yards away. Pushing up off of the demons chest, Willow slowly trudged to the piece of wood. Lifting the branch up off the ground, the hunk of wood felt heavy to her weary arm. Gripping the stick with both hands, Willow walked back over to the vampire’s prone body, unceremoniously dropping to her knees by his shoulder. Positioning the stake over his heart, Willow held it there for several seconds before raising her arms slightly and striking down viciously, the branch snapping in half as it pierced through the demons heart and into the soft grass.

Dropping the remaining piece of the branch, Willow slowly shifted backwards on her knees, propelling herself into a standing position as her feet made purchase with the uneven terrain. Turning around, in preparation to head back to the Toyota, Willow was taken off guard as she was hit suddenly from behind, a perfectly-executed tackle snapping her head back on her neck even as it sent her sprawling out into the street. Willow felt her body bounce off the blackened cement, her chin scrapping against the pebbled asphalt. As her body skidded to a stop, the weight of a much larger vampire pressing into her back became evident, as a stinging sensation shot through her road rash torn flesh. Automatically, Willow started to thrash wildly, trying to dislodge the other vampire, or at the very least, turn over from her submissive position and fight. Tired and beyond pissed off, Willow flailed her body madly, imitating that of a bucking bronco until she moved her capturer enough to roll over onto her back.

The potbelly vampire from earlier was now straddling her stomach, his mouth opened wide, showing off his glistening yellow tinted teeth as he swooped down. With lightning fast speed, Willow reached her hands up, grabbing ahold of the extended set of teeth. The overweight vampire’s eyes widen, but before he could do anything, Willow twisted and pulled, ripping his bottom jaw down, flesh tearing away from muscles and nerve endings. Screaming in pain, the male vampire sat up straight, blood spurting into the air, landing on Willow’s exposed chest and stomach like droplets of rain. Raising his arms, he clutched his hands to his face, closing them both around the gaping wound. Even with his vain attempt, blood continued to pour out, seeping and oozing through, over and under his shaking hands. What was left of the overweight vampire’s mouth opened and closed several times, but no sound emerged. His eyes bulged in horror as he stared down at the blood speckled redhead.

The torn jaw, swathed in still warm blood, ran freely down Willow’s porcelain skin like an open spigot, pooling at her bent elbow beneath her leather coat. Looking down at the petite woman under him, disbelief and terror overtook his emotions as he found her golden eyes boring into his own. Without expression, Willow dropped the dislocated jaw to the ground, the bloody flesh covered bone landed with a sickening, wet, slurping thud. As soon as the appendage hit the floor, Willow reached up with both hands, gripping a fistful of the polyester uniform drenched in crimson red. With a thrust of her hips, Willow tossed the vampire off of her. Dazed and battered, Willow raised her head from its resting place on the grass before rolling to her right and pushing up on a bloodied elbow. As she slowly began her ascension into standing, two pairs of identical boots stopped in front of her.

Hazarding a look upwards, Willow caught sight of two vampires in her direct line of vision, and one other from earlier on in the fight, further behind still sprawled flat on the grass. Tired, having passed the point of exhaustion, Willow shoved off the ground with weakened arms, pushing her upper body backwards so that she was resting on her knees, her feet tucked up underneath her. Letting her head drop back to its previous resting place, Willow once again took in an unneeded breath of air, steadying herself for the long battle that was to come.

Inside the house, Spike continued to battle with the now injured Lambert and the new Hemlock demon. From his chained position, the bleach blonde vampire had minimal movement, his range of motion consisting of only a few feet in either direction. Positioning himself so that his backside was always facing the wall, Spike glared down his opponents through heavily bruised eyes.

“Come on you punts,” Wheezed out Spike as he waved on the Hemlock, encouraging the demon to approach.

Throwing a haphazard punch, the Hemlock demons fist impacted with the cement wall as Spike expertly ducked the blow. Twisting his wrist, the Hemlock extracted his appendage from its confinement causing chunks of the wall to break free. Looking over his shoulder at the indentation in the cement wall, Spike quickly formulated a plan. Positioning himself in front of the wall mounted bracket, the platinum vampire taunted his attacker some more.

“Is that all you got?" teased Spike as he wiped a trail of blood from his nose before tentatively licking his finger, savoring the coppery twang. “You’re dead comrade hit harder.”

An animalistic snarl clawed its way up his throat as his face burned with rage. “I’m going to kill you,” the Hemlock demon snarled as he lurched forward, throwing a big overhand punch in the process. At the quick burst of movement, Spike stepped out of range, but before he could bring his hands up to defend himself, the Hemlock drove his shoulder into Spike’s chest, slamming him into the wall, indenting the foundation. Pinning the much smaller adversary to the wall, the Hemlock demon started landing solid punches to Spike’s gut.

As the blows continued to rain down on him, Spike brought his arms up, tucking them close to his body to block as many hits to his face and ribs as possible. Feeling the larger monster start to fatigue as his punches became fewer and far between, Spike pushed himself up, letting loose with a series of left and right hooks accompanied by a few knee jabs to the Hemlocks body, effectively pushing him back several paces.

Coughing several times, Spike staggered back to his feet, chastising himself as his weary legs wobbled underneath his weight. “Good plan, Spike.”

Roaring in outrage, the demon rushed back towards Spike, throwing several more frenzied punches in rapid succession. Expertly thwarting his advances, Spike bobbed and weaved as the demons fist repeatedly made contact with the cinder-block wall. With each blow, the Hemlock knocked out more of the foundation, the cement crumbling out from behind the bolt plate affixed to Spike’s left chain. Tugging on his restraints, Spike felt the reinforced fastens start to give way with the added pressure.

Regrouping his composure, his white chalky covered hands hanging at his sides, the Hemlock demon kicked out his right leg, the base of his foot connecting with the vampire’s stomach, sending the blonde stumbling into the wall. Gripping the wall, his fingernails scratching over the imperfect texture of the cement, Spike struggled to stay upright. As the demon’s baseball glove sized fist travelled towards his face once more, the platinum blonde sidestepped, deflecting the blow and taking the opportunity to punch the flabby demon in his recently bruised ribs.

As the Hemlock demon absorbed another rapid punch to his midsection, quickly and without hesitation, Spike dropped to his knees only to spring back up again, sacking the monster in the midriff. Wrapping his arms around the tree trunk size waist, Spike allowed the downward momentum of the monster to pull his loose restrain free. As the two toppled to the ground, landing in a heap of arms and legs, Lambert stood by with a disgusted look on his face.

Waiting patiently, Lambert watched as Spike pushed himself off of the out of commission demons chest, slowly rising to his feet. Once the century old vampire was back on solid footing, Lambert let loose a gut-wrenching snarl before charging the leather clad vampire. Spearing Spike in the chest as if he was a football practice dummy, Lambert ran with him for a couple of feet before slamming the peroxide male into the crumbling cement wall.

Arching his back in pain, Spike watched specks of yellow dust filter behind his closed eyelids as he slid to the floor. Seconds after reaching the floor, a steal tipped boot connected with his pectoral, crushing the muscle fibers under the skin. Slowly willing his eyelids open, Spike watched as Lambert’s foot hurled towards him once more, kicking him in the stomach this time. As air extinguished itself from his throat, Spike gasped as the muscles in his stomach constricted painfully. From his prone position slumped against the wall, Spike watched as Lambert hefted his right foot backwards in preparation to strike again.

As the boot whizzed towards his face, Spike reached up at the last instant, catching the vampire at his ankle. Twisting the appendage in a 90 degree angle downwards, fracturing bone, Spike thrusted out his right hand; his palm connected with the vampire’s knee, bending it in the opposite direction tearing the meniscus. Tossing the confined foot aside, Spike clambered to his own feet as Lambert flopped to the floor screaming, his hands instinctively searching out his mangled knee.

Turning his attention to the chain still fastened to the wall, Spike now grabbed the metal shackles with both hands, one foot perched on the wall for leverage. With every muscle in his body constricting, Spike tugged as hard as he could, his torso bending backwards as he desperately tried to pry the bolts out of the wall. As the muscles in his arms started to quiver from his persistent straining, Spike dropped his foot back to the ground for support. Releasing his grip on the chain, Spike huffed in annoyance as he gazed at his bleeding palms, the flesh torn away by the jagged metal.

Wiping his hands on his black jeans, Spike tried cleaning his palms as best as possible before re-gripping the already slick chain. Coiling his arm that was still shackled around the chain twice, Spike gripped the remainder of the metal and pulled, twisting his body in the process so that the chain was resting over his right shoulder, the full weight of his body bearing downwards. With his attention fixated fully on releasing the chain from the wall, his eyes screwed tightly shut as he concentrated on anything put the pain radiating through his body; Spike was oblivious to the Hemlock demon walking towards him.

Reaching out his arms, the Hemlock demon wrapped his large limbs around Spike’s torso, trapping the vampire’s arms down at his side. Clenching one hand over the other wrist, the demon clutched the vampire tight to his chest. With the now wide eyed vampire in his grasp, the Hemlock lifted the platinum haired man into the air, squeezing his biceps tighter. Stuck in the vice like grip, Spike opened his mouth in silent anguish as he felt his ribs compress under the pressure while his shoulder blades seemingly merged into one another.

Shifting the blonde higher onto his chest, the duo now eye level with each other; the Hemlock squeezed tighter, his arms constricting around the vampire’s upper body like a boa. As the sounds of pops and cracks reached his ears, the Hemlock smiled sinisterly, rejoicing in the muted gasps escaping the vampire’s lips.

His shoulder dislocating from the added pressure, Spike willed himself to stay coherent, lifting his head to be parallel that of the Hemlock. Gathering as much strength as he could, Spike lolled his head back before slamming it forward, head butting the larger opponent in his forehead. Much to Spike’s dismay, despite the ferocity of the blow, the Hemlock seemed unaffected, his grip still as tight as ever around the vampire’s upper back. Knowing he was on the losing end of the battle, Spike strained his neck, the veins bulging along his throat as he resorted to fighting dirty. Reaching his face closer to that of the grotesque yellow monster, Spike bit down as hard as he could on the Hemlock’s three nostril nose, his fangs piercing through the thick hide.

As thick, bitter blood assaulted his taste buds, Spike yanked his head back, tearing off the nose in the process. With the monsters blue blood seeping out and around his mouth, burning his esophagus as it trickled down his throat; Spike spat the appendage out into the screaming monster’s face. Releasing his hold on the vampire, the demons hands flew instantly to the cavity where his nose once was.

Tired, and barely able to stand, his upper body feeling as if it had been run over by a freight train, Spike struck out with his left foot, catching the bellowing demon between his legs. With his hands still cradling his face as the blue blood trickled through his fingers like an overflowing creek, the Hemlock dropped to his knees upon the foot making contact with his crotch.

His legs shaking, feeling as if they would collapse in on themselves at any moment, Spike staggered as he walked around the immobilized demon. Much like with the previous Hemlock, Spike wrapped the chain attached to his free hand around the monster’s neck, insuring to loop the metal twice around the thick muscle. Knowing his upper body strength was near depleted; Spike tossed himself towards to the ground, the chain growing taut in the process as the demon contorted backwards. Pressing his feet into the meaty flesh of the Hemlocks shoulders, keeping the demon at an obtuse angle, Spike pulled the chain to the right with as much strength as he could muster. Eventually, after what felt like hours of tugging and battling for dominance with the flailing monster, his muscles screaming at him the whole time to release the chain, Spike felt the Hemlock demon’s neck give way.

As the deafening, unmistakable cracking of bones penetrated Spike’s eardrums, he looked up through tired, lidded eyes to see the Hemlocks, blood spattered neck twisted to the right. Scanning the motionless body, Spike took in the demon’s final resting position, its arms hanging limply at the side, knuckles grazing the floor. Giving one last tug for good measure, Spike watched as the demon’s head twisted further, the sound of tendons tearing from bone and flesh wafting through the nearly silent room.

Releasing his grip on the chains, Spike kicked off with his feet, sending the demon toppling forward to land on Lambert who was still on the floor whirling in pain. As the demon came crashing down, his dead weight landed fully on Lambert’s lower body, crushing the already mangled leg further. With his opponents out of commission, Spike dropped his head to the floor, taking a much needed rest. As he basked in the cool feel of the cement floor, his eyes staring blankly at the ceiling, a movement out of his peripheral vision caught his attention.

Slowly he turned his head towards the movement, his body still remaining sprawled out on the floor; Spike watched as Elizabeth stirred, her fingers twitching as she started to come through from her blackout. Groaning, Spike repositioned his head to look back at the ceiling, his body already protesting the movement to come. Closing his eyes to gain a moment of clarity, Spike agonizingly twisted his body to the right, rolling away from his dislocated shoulder. Pressing up on his elbow, Spike steadied the rest of his body with a palm laid flush with the floor.

Grunting his disapproval, Spike slowly pushed off the ground, his body hunched over as he clambered to his feet. Casting one more look in Elizabeth’s direction, another groan escaped his lips. Looking down at his shackled wrist, his hands soaked in blood from gripping the metal chain so tightly, Spike grabbed ahold of his thumb. With a steadying breath, Spike forcefully yanked back on the digit, snapping the proximal phalange. Clenching his jaw, his teeth grinding together, Spike used the blood seeping from his palms as lubricant as he forcefully pulled the shackle down over his hand, tearing flesh in the process.

With the shackle removed, Spike casted one more glance at the waking vampire before stumbling towards the stairs. Reaching the base of the staircase, Spike looked down at the young male caked in a puddle of his own blood, detecting a faint heartbeat. With every nerve ending in his body telling him to run, the overwhelming desire of self-preservation took over. With his good hand, Spike reached down for the nearly deceased male, hefting him off of the ground. Grunting, his jaw still clenched, Spike struggled to place the teenager on his shoulder, wrapping the body around him like a scarf. With the added weight of the boy, Spike took a hesitant step forward, his boot landing dead center of the congealed puddle of blood. With one last groan, Spike trudged up the staircase.

Post subject: Re: I Am Forever (8/28/19) UPDATE
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:24 am 
8. Vixen

Dibs :devil That was so descriptive. You must have had to work hard to figure out the consequences of each hit. Vamp Willow pulling off a vamp's jaw was really vivid. Great update. Looking forward to reading more.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:20 am 

taranwillow4ever wrote:
Dibs :devil That was so descriptive. You must have had to work hard to figure out the consequences of each hit. Vamp Willow pulling off a vamp's jaw was really vivid.

Thank you. Yeah it took quite a while to write the last few chapters. Spent a lot of time watching clips of action/karate movies on youtube to get the realism down so the fight scenes would flow freely. As for Willow's jaw removal scene, that just came from dark often twisted mind.

Quote:
Great update. Looking forward to reading more

Sorry for such a long delay but here's another update, albeit a tad short.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:22 am 

CHAPTER 38
Rated R

Willow swallowed and tasted the bitter, metallic iron of her own blood, concluding that she must have bitten her tongue sometime during the last few blows that rained down on her. She licked at her cracked lips, her tongue passing over an openly seeping wound as she reveled in her most recent victory. The last two vampires that attacked her had put up a valent fight, their hand to hand combat training proving more of a challenge than the redhead initially anticipated.

After several minutes of initially being tag teamed by the former Officer’s, her body mercilessly ransacked with vicious blows, Willow had slowly gained the upper hand. Her speed and durability mixed with her cunning wits eventually winning out, resulting in the first vampire crumbling into a cloud of dust after leaving himself exposed; a makeshift stake finding the center of his chest easily. Not long after the first vampire’s untimely ending, the two remaining demons became engrossed in a vigorous wrestling match for dominance, wherein the second vampire followed suit of his comrade; leaving a bruise battered redhead sprawled flat on the dew dampened grass.

Pulling her hands under her battered torso, Willow feebly pushing off of the ground, her arms shaking as fatigue had already set in long ago. Willing her legs to move, she slowly pulled one forward followed by the other; her back bowing as she struggled to get her body out of the gargoyle like stance she was currently in. From its tilted position resting against her chest, Willow lifted her chin, her eyesight coming to land on the two inured vampires on the opposite side of the yard slowly staggering to their own feet.

Resiliently, she pushed off of the grass, sluggishly standing on her feet, her left shoulder slumped to the side as her right arm draped over her midsection, clenching her exposed ribs. Pivoting, the redhead willed her legs to move, her feet shuffling achingly slow in front of her as they picked up momentum. Limping with a painful, lopsided gait, Willow hobbled forward, her right leg sporadically dragging across the grass as it failed to lift off of the ground completely.

Five. Ten. Fifteen. She counted her steps as she progressed towards the adjacent neighbor’s yard in the direction of the dense tree line. She made it to twenty-three steps; just crossing through the open gate of a white picket fence leading into the backyard when a loud boom echoed through the air; her chest trusting forward. No sooner had the noise erupted, reverberating down the vacant street, a scolding pain exploded though her. Agony ripped through her once more as a scolding, red-hot pain, pushed its way through her back, emerging at the center of her chest. As blood bubbled out of her throat, a wet mist spraying the air, Willow looked down at her chest. Removing her right hand from her ribs, she gingerly lifted it up a few more inches, her index finger tracing a quarter size hole dead center of her sternum. Pressing down, a bolt of white hot light shot through her, radiating behind her eyes, as her finger sank into the wound.

Gaining her composure as much as possible, Willow looked over her shoulder, her eyes narrowing in on the pistol wielding vampire, the weapon clutched in his hands raised chest height as blood flowed freely from the vacant cavity that once was his jaw. As the former officer leveled his weapon, preparing to fire another round, Willow watched as the third vampire she encountered while wielding the lug wrench step forward; his own wound profusely gushing blood.

With slow calculated steps, the squat, linebacker sized vampire saddled up next to the pistol brandishing male; his hand coming up to rest on the mussel of the smoking gun, pushing it down. With a snicker of disbelief, Willow turned her attention back to the woods, her feet absentmindedly moving forward as she rounded the house and disappeared in the dense darkness. With each step she took, distancing herself further from her attackers, tiny specks of light flashed and danced behind her eyelids as sprays of red liquid stippled the ground as she coughed to clear her passageway.

As the sound of a gunshot echoed outside of the house, Spike cautiously took a step onto the back deck, his neck craning to view his surroundings. For the briefest of seconds, he stood perfectly still, straining his hearing to pick up on the distinct sounds of footsteps shuffling in the grass on the opposite side of the house. Noticing he had a limited window of opportunity, Spike re-gripped the prone body of the boy draped across his shoulders before bounding down the few steps and crossing the side lawn in the direction of the closest neighbor. With a final look over his shoulder, Spike scanned the perimeter for any sign of his childe before walking through the shrubbery separating the two yards.

From his trapped position on the floor, Lambert watched as Elizabeth slowly regained consciousness, the muscles in her arms spasmming as her fingers continued to twitch. He witnessed the barest of blinks behind the dark haired woman’s eyelids, the action occurring again and again until they finally opened fully; the movement agonizingly slow as she tried to focus her vision. Elizabeth lay sprawled out on the floor, confused for several moments until clarity hit her and her eyes widened.

Swiftly, Elizabeth rolled herself over into a crouching position, her eyes darting around the nearly vacant room before coming to land on Lambert; her minion struggling to free himself from under the large demon’s stiff body. “Where is she?” the former Slayer growled out as anger quickly swept through her veins at having been bested by a fledgling; her hand rising tentatively to her blood encrusted face.

“She escaped” snarled out Lambert as he wiggled his body free from the deceased Hemlock. Awkwardly shuffling to his feet, he pointed to the breached window, “took the witch with her.”

Leaping to her feet, Elizabeth rotated in a circle as she took in her surroundings, observing the carnage and the opened window. Snarling to herself, the raven haired vampire clenched her jaw taut. She had severely underestimated the vessel, viewing the newly sired vampire as weak; something she would not do again upon their next meeting. “Where’s Spike?” she asked dryly moments later, her eyes never wavering from the window.

Ringing his hands together in front of his body, “He escaped too,” Lambert admitted after a long pregnant pause. Grimacing, Lambert uncomfortably shuffled his feet forward, putting weight on his injured leg as he approached his boss. “But my men are outside and they’ll…” He left the sentence open in fear of their ineptitude and angering his Sire further.

“Yes … you’re men,” she recanted as she continued to look out the window towards the empty lawn, the once pitch black sky changing to a muddy blue, inevitably signaling the approaching daybreak. Without another word, she spun around on her heels and marched towards the staircase, taking the steps two at a time until she reached the kitchen. Turning her head to the left, her beautiful features curled into a snarl as she looked out the wide open backdoor to a vacant yard. At the sounds of Lambert hobbling up the staircase after her, she turned and walked towards the main entrance.

As she approached the front door she found Thomas casually leaning against the porch railing, his arms folded across his chest. Looking past her Sire, she took in the sight of the Hemlock Demon that had assisted him at the Bronze, the monster’s meaty hands gripping the necks of two heavily maimed vampires, holding them a foot off the ground.

Cocking his head, Thomas followed the slender woman’s gaze, casting a quick glance over his shoulder at the two vampires who had eagerly filled him in on the redhead’s escape upon his arrival to the property. “What now?” he asked cockily as he took in his childe’s blood caked face, her supposedly well thought out plan having backfired.

As if by divine intervention, the home phone sprung to life, the shrill shriek emanating from the plastic device located on the entrance table drawing both vampires attention. After several rings, the answering machine clicked on, reciting a well-practiced message between the Summers’ women advising their caller to leave a detailed message with their name and number.

“Buffy, it’s your mother; it’s almost six thirty … I was hoping you’d be up.” There was a sudden exhalation of breath as the woman on the other line blew out a long puff of air as she stalled to gather her thoughts. “Jessie and I just got to Oregon; we’ll be staying at your Aunt Lisa’s house. I’m worried Buffy, I don’t like this.” There was another long pause, the elder Summers obviously distressed over the nature of the call. “Call me on her home phone when you can … I just need to hear your voice.”

With a sinister smirk, Elizabeth looked up at Thomas through lidded eyes as the voicemail message came to an end. “We go to plan B,” she said matter-of-factly as she gracefully bounded out of the house and down the front steps.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5