The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New Fic-Chalk on Ice-updated 22nd July
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:34 pm 
3. Flaming O

You know, I really like this. It's very dark and you've picked yourself some very complex subjects to deal with but I think you've handled them pretty well so far.

I am wondering where the Maclay wealth comes from though - not sure that priests/ministers etc. really earn that much?

Your characterisation is good for both the lasses and the supporting characters. You've picked a very different start in life for Willow and you force her into actions it seems almost inconceivable that the Will we know and love would ever countenance. Life can be like that though - we often have little choice in the hand we are dealt. I'm really looking forward to seeing how she develops. I think the most important thing when stepping into AU is that the basic personality and value-system remain constant and I think you've got that just about right thus far considering everything she has been through.

Tara's home-life is much closer to cannon, except that she's a rich girl with friends. The basic family dynamic is the same though, and again I think you've remained faithful to her personality and value-system. Your characterisation of her and her reactions to the hateful things she has been made to suffer ring true.

One thing I particularly like is the loyal aspect to Faith. The relationship with Willow is nicely done.

Hope this is encouraging, I'm not usually one for constructive criticism, but as I said earlier, I really like this and I hope you continue.

Thanks for sharing
restlessminds

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:08 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 5
Digging the update... although I don't get why sophie is now turned into maria unless they have two maids?

I like where it's going though, keep it up!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:26 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Hiya Gabs,

Great to get back into this fic. I remembered just how dark and angsty it is and boy do I love it!

Quote:
“Un-unless you’re in? Then I’ll be in. Then we can get out of it together. Unless you don’t want to be out. So we’ll be in together. We’ll stay in. We’ll go in and out of jail together, and we’ll meet Spike together, and cut Racks share together. We’ll be the grandma’s selling crack in the Aged Care Home.”

Despite what they're doing is super naughty, dangerous and illegal, Willow and Faith's friendship really strikes me. They've been through so much and they'll do anything for each other.

I love Willow's multi-coloured shopping list. Those multi-coloured pens were all the rage when I was in primary school. I really think they need to make a change to their diets too, chocolate should be on the essentials list above beer!

I was wondering how Willow and Tara would cross paths...through Donny the complete arsehole of a brother. I can't stand his guts! Which is good writing on your part of course. I really hope he gets what's coming to him. Maybe he could say one of his bigoted remarks to Faith perhaps?

I can't wait for the next chapter. Hopefully it's the first meeting and I can't wait to find out how that goes!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:38 am 
5. Willowhand

Hey all. Thanks so much for reading this fic, I hope you’re all enjoying it. The update may be another week away; I’m having some pretty scary things go on atm, as my Mum is really ill. But usually when I’m anxious I write, so an update shouldn’t be forever away. Thanks for sticking! See below for feedback replies

restlessminds: Wow, thankyou so much for such great feedback. I have this terrible habit of picking complex subjects, and I’m never really sure if I’m writing them well, so thanks for the kind feedback.
The Maclay wealth? Yes, well…that will get explained-maybe, depending on how much I know my ins and outs. If it doesn’t get properly explained (poor form on my part if not) it’s going to be partially explained-basically, Maclay men are very, very corrupt. They aren’t exactly ‘men of the Lord’ and living off the kindness of God etc etc.
I’m glad you approve of the characterization; I’ve been kind of terrified that with the situation Willow is in that I’d lose, well, Willow. So thankyou.
I’m glad you like the Willow Faith relationship-I’m having a lot of fun writing it!
Thanks again, doll! Your words were very helpful, and put a smile on my face. I’m surprised you’re not usually one for constructive criticism, as you’re brilliant at it.

leftindust: Hey, I’m stoked you liked it, and thanks for feedbacking. Umm…thankyou so much for that catch with the Sophie-Maria thing :blush . It was very late and I have another story with a Marie going and obviously confused myself *sheepish look*.
Thanks again hun!

Alcy: Eee! Alcy feedbacking my fic. Yay! You know, you’re probably my fave author on this bored?
Dark and angsty? Me? *shocked face* Never! (/end sarcasm). I can’t help it, even when I don’t intend my fics to be angsty, it happens. It’s why I created my short fics, so that they wouldn’t be long enough to get angsty lol. I’m so glad you’re liking the Willow/Faith friendship. I love writing it, and I’ve been really hoping I’m giving it justice.
A change in diet? Hmm…who could help with that…
I would love to see Donny say something bigoted near Faith…violence would probably ensue. Do we condone violence? *ponders*
Thanks so much for the feedback, I’m glad you’re liking it, and hope to hear from you again!

A spirit is a special thing...it can never truly be broken, and never, ever be tamed. The most calmed spirits out there, hold a wild edge to them...for they are the very essence of a person, and every person is capeable of anything.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:44 pm 
5. Willowhand

I know its been awhile, but will there be an update anytime? I hope so!

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

False Euphoria ~~~ Eternity Again