The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Bits - Years - 01/19/2010
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:32 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 4
How refreshing! A great short story that beautiful developed over a decade's worth of relationships that both stayed the same and changed. You told it without drama, but with an ounce of mystery. Really, a wonderful piece of fiction that I believe in a heartbeat. Realistic, sexy, honest, and heartwarming.

Thanks, Deb, this was something special.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:05 am 
3. Flaming O

You just have the most delightful mind.

M.

There's some more of my stuff over here: http://bonmot507.livejournal.com/

viewtopic.php?t=4929

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:06 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
taranwillow4ever – Yes, very same time next year although I’ll admit I’ve never seen the movie.
Quote:
I like the idea although the obvious cheating does take a little bit away from it.
Absolutely. Makes me go squeek but I liked the romance of it too. You definitely get to claim dibs. Honestly I always wanted them to be together in the end and my only consideration was whether they would get together on their own or whether Dawn & Buffy would do an intervention to make them face things.
Quote:
You are an excellent writer and I enjoy reading everything you create
Thanks so much!

ophelia11 – I’m with you on the don’t get back together too quickly because fact is that what Willow did falls so far outside the realm of reasonable or respectable or the way you treat another human being let alone your lover that she doesn’t really deserve for Tara to come back quickly.

I’m glad you enjoyed their age and lives. I figure that if this were a real thing, they wouldn’t spend the entire rest of the year thinking about each other and moping. They’d be moving forward, having careers, buying a house, having kids.

Quote:
I can't imagine the strength it must take to be able to see the love of your life for only three days a year. I suppose the alternative is less desirable, but I would imagine each goodbye becomes harder.
It definitely wouldn’t be something that I’d be capable of but I guess for the two of them it works for a long time.

Thanks always!

Diane – Well first off, congrats on a publication date for your second novel. I definitely tell people I knew her when.

I’m not sure that I’d declare myself at it again but I’m trying to do a few shorts. I feel like that’s about what I can handle these days and it’s fun.

Quote:
Same Time, Next Year is one of my favorite movies
Can you believe I’ve never seen it?

Quote:
Sexy fun, neurotic babbling, hickies on the thigh... well, you know, that's pretty much exactly what I like to read, so yay on you for that.
LOL.

Zampsa1975 – Thanks so much!

inspiron – Thanks so much. I agree that maintaining a secret affair for that long is very special. I guess it’s sort like … I didn’t like the book The Bridges of Maddison County that well but I liked the part where the kids are cleaning out the house and one says to the other, “mom was in love with another man for 30 years” (or whatever) and the other one says, “repeat that.” He know just how special that must have been. And yes, for W/T it truly is love.

irishgrl3 – Thanks so much. Tee hee about what, why, how… Thanks so much.

taralicious -

Quote:
Even Time's winged chariot must yield to the inevitability of Willow and Tara's union since the three days make the rest of the year bearable.
Nice. Thanks so much.

Morrigan – I agree that it could be really sad seen a certain way. Thanks so much. I never read Brokeback Mountain although I found the movie pretty tragic.

nimloth – Hey, Vi. How’s it going? I hope you’re feeling well. Thanks so much for your comments. I don’t know why this story came to me but I really wanted to express how this powerful tradition went against their communication about the rest of their lives. Thanks so much.

Zooeys_Bridge – Hey there. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Yes, they stayed the same in that they continued to love each other deeply but they changed too. Thanks so much.

chance – Lol. Thanks so much. I think many things have been said about my mind over the years. Delightful is not generally one of them.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:32 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Story Title – Willow’s List

Author – JustSkipIt

Pairing – T/W

Feedback – Oh, yes.

Spoilers – None

Rating – PG-13

Disclaimer – I don’t own T/W or Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I’m making no money off this.

Distribution – Chris, Susan, Megan help yourselves. Anyone else, ask.

Notes – I have no idea how much Lilith Fair tickets cost and couldn’t find the price on the website. I’m making a wild guess. I HAVE NOT set up the e-mail addresses or anything. If you write to them they will bounce back.

--

1 or 2 tickets to Lilith Fair in Los Angeles

Date: 2010-03-01 10:53 PM CST

Reply to: sale- jjgus – 17889278923@craigslist.org

For sale: 1 or 2 tickets to Lilith Fair in Los Angeles. Artists include Beth Orton, Brandi Carslile, Colbie Caillat, Indigo Girls, and Sarah McLachlan. You can see the list at http://www.lilithfair.com/artists.

$150 for one ticket or $275 for both.

To: sale- jjgus – 17889278923@craigslist.org
Date: 02, March 2010 8:35:12
Subject – 1 or 2 tickets to Lilith Fair in Los Angeles[/b]

Um… Hi. I’m sort of confused about your ad. Are you selling one ticket or two to Lilith Fair? I’d like to go and I could probably find someone to go but my friend doesn’t really have the money to go. Can I buy just one ticket?

To: Mac1016@ucsunnydale.edu
Date: 02, March 2010 14:13:18
Subject – Sorry

Hi. I’m sorry. That was confusing wasn’t it? Ok. I bought both tickets thinking that I’d go with a friend or something but… well the concert’s like a month away and I don’t think that’s going to happen. So I’m selling the 2nd ticket and I’ll still go. Unless someone wants both in which case, I’d sell both.

Um. Clear, huh?

So I guess my answer is that you can buy one ticket. It’s sort of a fair(e?) thing so I don’t think that you have to like sit by a total stranger (me, I mean) or anything although I guess maybe everyone there will be total strangers.

Hey, did I mention I ramble? Let me know if you want the ticket.

To: RedSidekick@ucsunnydale.edu
Date: 02, March 2010 20:03:15
Subject – Yes

I like the rambling, actually. I mean most people spend so much time worrying about what they’re going to say that they end up saying nothing. I do. I mean I end up not saying anything. Like someone will be saying something and I have an opinion but then I don’t say anything when it would have made sense and then the moment passes. You know, like the first day of class comes every semester and I think that I’ll make friends with the other students but then I just sort of miss saying hi and then everyone gets busy and I’m studying in the library for the big test. You know?

Um. Ok, you said you ramble but you don’t seem to be the only one.

Ok. So get this. I usually let the moment pass but today I’m not. Of course I went out with my roommate and we had ½ price fries at this place and she conned some frat boys into buying us a pitcher of beer. Not that I’m a drunk or anything but I guess I have some artificial courage. So here’s my moment.

I see that you’re at UC Sunnydale. Me too. I’m a Junior Social Work major. I just got a letter that I’ve got a paid internship for the summer in the counseling center so that’s how I have $150 to treat myself to a ticket to Lilith Fair. Oh, my name is Tara and I’m a 20 year old woman. See, and that’s the type of thing that I usually say and then go back to my room and think how dorky I am. Cause, Tara is pretty much a woman’s name.

Uh, ok. If I didn’t scare you off, how do you want to do this ticket money trade thing?

Tara,

PS – My roommate did not come home. She exhibits considerably more courage than I do at meeting people.

Date: 02, March 2010 14:41:02
Subject – Courage

Hi, Tara!

So you wish you had more courage at meeting frat boys?

Congratulations for the paid internship. What will you be doing? You must be really smart.

Yes, Tara is definitely a woman’s name. A Goddess’s name as well. Did you know that? Duh. I bet you knew that. My roommate’s not around either. She was out this evening and now I bet she’s at her boyfriend’s room. I have a single a lot of nights. I guess I’m the opposite of you in saying too much. Then I go back to my room and think about the dumb things I said.

Oh, I’m Willow Rosenberg and I’m 20 as well. I’m studying MIS which is sort of like computer engineering but for people who want to work for businesses. I guess I don’t really like beer that much but I’m sort of hopped up on caffeine right now because I went out with my friend Xander for mochas.

Do you know the espresso pump? Do you want to meet up there and do the ticket money trade thing as you called it?

Willow

PS – Don’t think I’m like some crazy stalker or something obsessively checking my e-mail. I was doing homework and it dinged. Or donged or whatever the chime does when an e-mail comes in.

Date: 03, March 2010 6:50:18
Subject – Ding!

Willow,

That’s a really pretty name. See. Duh. I should not open my mouth or type.

Uh… no, I don’t really want any more courage meeting frat guys. Not my type. My roommate is sort of… she doesn’t seem to so much have a type but she’s cool. Right now she’s crashed totally out still wearing her shoes and jeans on her bed but without a shirt.

Um… I think I can meet at the espresso pump tomorrow. Today is kind of busy for me with classes and lab and I need to study for a test. I need to go and grab a bagel but I’ll check my schedule when I get back (see, that’s the kind of dorky thing I say. How would you know that I’m going to check my schedule. It will all be the same to you).

So if you don’t mind my asking, what happened to the friend who was going to go to Lilith with you?

Tara

Date: 03, March 2010 9:03:58
Subject – The Secret

Tara,

You get up really early.

I don’t get up that early but I had a note from you when I got up so I sort of feel happy. Is that creepy? I hope not.

The friend who was going to Lilith fair? Great question. Um, she doesn’t exist. That sounds really weird doesn’t it? Or she exists but I don’t know her. Or something.

Ok, well here’s the thing. Do you know the book The Secret? Well, I sort of accidentally read it. It’s like this whole phenomenon thing with a movie and seminars and stuff. Anyway, it’s all about how you can manifest stuff in your life or how you are manifesting stuff all the time. Like maybe last night your roommate went out and was manifesting free beer from frat guys and frat guys with beer appeared. I guess you could take it too far like thinking that you were manifesting being able to fly and then jumping off the roof and breaking your leg or something. Or maybe that would be like manifesting meeting a cute doctor or something.

See about the babbling?

Ok. So the book says that you want to like sort of believe in stuff and it will come true. And I was complaining about my mom and this stupid book to my friend Xander and he was like, well what do you want? And I said a girlfriend (oh, I’m gay. Did I say that before? Does that bother you? I hope not because you seem nice). And so he like opened the book and started like quoting stuff from the book just to tease me about how you should like be very specific so he and I like wrote out this list of 109 characteristics of this girlfriend that I would manifest. Well anyway he wanted to know what kind of music she would like and I started saying the artists I like and he teased about how I wanted a Lilith Fair chick so I should buy us tickets. And then he sort of teased me until I did. Not that I’m a pushover but Xander can be really persuasive or at least really irritating.

Only, perfect girlfriend didn’t show up yet and now it seems sort of dumb so I’m selling it (the ticket – not the book) to you and I think I’ll use the book as a coaster or put it in one of those White Elephant things at the holiday were people give away wrench sets and ugly earrings and stuff like that.

So tomorrow. 11:00? 1:00? 4:00? What time works for you? (If you’re not worried that I’m a total weirdo yet).

Willow

Date: 03, March 2010 11:54:19
Subject – What’s 31?

Willow,

Well, first I’m really really not bothered about your being gay. You remember how frat guys aren’t my type? It’s not because they’re in frats.

I have class in 8 minutes. How do you accidentally read a book? And what’s #31?

Tara

Date: 03, March 2010 12:47:11
Subject – Cute feet

Tara,

I’m blushing. #31 is that she’ll have cute feet. And no, I don’t know how to quantify that.

Hey, you wrote me in the 8 minutes before class? Cool. And thanks. I don’t have classes the rest of the afternoon so I’m hanging out at my friend Giles’s shop. He owns the Magic Box – it’s next to the Espresso Pump. Well, sort of caddy-corner. Do you think that’s spelled right? Is it caddy corner or catty corner? And what does that mean? Xander’s girlfriend Anya is here and she’s trying to see over my shoulder while doing some sort of a money dance. When Xander told her about the book, she said that she would begin to manifest more money. It’s sort of a thing.

How do you accidentally read a book? Ok, my mom is so lame. I know. Weird segue. My mom and dad are professors and they’re constantly traveling. I can’t remember them being in the same city as each other or me for longer than 43 hours in years. Literally. Oh. I know, the entire weekend of my Bat Mitzvah. Oh, I’m Jewish. Anyway, that’s pretty much the last time I saw them for more than 2 days at once. So my mom called last November. She’s … how do I describe my mom? Oh, I know I’ll forward you her most recent e-mail in just a minute. So she says they won’t be around for the holidays, am I going to stay at the house, what do I want for the holidays, etc.? So I was sort of fed up. I mean I have a Amazon wish list! Why can’t she take 3 seconds to look and then buy me an Ipod or whatever. It’s not like she actually buys me anything. Her assistant Diana does. So I start like reading her my wish list (again, defeating the purpose of said wish list). IPod, Battlestar Galactica DVDs, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (because I heard it was good), a book by Carl Sagan, you get the idea. And for my mom, hearing Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood and having Diana send me a copy of the Secret (and an IPod) are basically the same thing.

So one night I had read like every book in my parents’s house that wasn’t about Ancient Greece or distributed learning in diverse populations (cause I read those when I was in high school) and I was bored so I picked up the dumb Secret.

So what’s on your perfect girlfriend list? Or maybe you have a (perfect) girlfriend now?

Willow

Date: 03, March 2010 12:49:02
Subject – Mom’s e-mail

Tara, here’s that e-mail from my mom. I cut out the header stuff so you don’t accidentally write her or something.

[blockquote]Willow Danielle,

Diana has my travel plans. Are you going to stay at the house during Spring Break or go somewhere with Bunny? Diana says you’re going to L.A. with a girl named Lilith. Clearly the name has been disrespected for thousands of years. I’m glad to hear that it’s making a comeback. All that she did was attempt to be treated as an equal and for that she was expelled from The Garden. A man would not have been treated like that. I’ve tried for years to convince you to take an interest in feminism and it seems to have taken hold finally. I’ll forward you a list of suggested readings on the topic.

Please be careful in L.A. Your aunt will expect you for Sabbath dinner during Spring Break. [/blockquote]

Tara – it’s me again. Let me point out.

#1 - My best friend/roommate’s name is Buffy. My mother has called her Bunny for 4 years now.

#2 – Seriously, a friend named Lilith? I’m going to Lilith Fair.

#3 – My aunt will expect me for Sabbath dinner? My mom doesn’t even know when I’m going to L.A. but she’s told my aunt when I’ll be there for dinner.

#4 – She sent a suggested reading list on the topic of feminism (I didn’t include it but I can if you’re desperate for reading materials).

#5 – uh… yeah, my middle name is Danielle.

Willow Danielle

Date: 03, March 2010 20:18:23
Subject – Lol

Willow Danielle,

You’re trying to be funny, right? Because reading your e-mails has been the highlight of my day. The last letter (not e-mail) I got from my father used the words burn, hell, so-called-lifestyle, and let’s not forget eternal damnation all in the first paragraph which I think is pretty impressive.

Also, I’m so confused now because I feel like Lilith and I will have to share a seat or something. Maybe I should only have to pay $75 if she’s going too.

Did you have a fun afternoon at your friend’s shop? Don’t they sell like crystals and candles and stuff? I’ve only been in there once for a minute. I’m pretty sure I did well on my test but now I’m tired. I could meet at the Espresso Pump at 11:00. I’ll be the blonde girl in the colorful skirt with cute feet. J

Ok, just teasing you.

Tara

Date: 03, March 2010 20:49:02
Subject – Where’s the picture?

Tara,

You are a big tease. I’m sorry that your dad is a poopy-head. Or at least he sounds like a poopy-head. Maybe that’s not a fair assessment so if he’s not, please forget I said it.

Tara, when I heard that you had such cute feet, I dumped Lilith and told her to find her own damn ticket. Tee hee. She took it very well considering that she’s a figment of my mother’s imagination.

My afternoon was uneventful except for Anya totally complaining about not making enough money. People kept coming in to browse but not buying stuff.

I was serious about wanting to hear your list.

Willow

PS – I’ll see you at 11:00 tomorrow. I’ll be the girl looking under tables at everyone’s feet.

PPS – I also have red hair and I’ll be wearing a green sweater.

Date: 03, March 2010 21:37:03
Subject – Confession Time

Willow,

I have a confession to make. You know how I said that I’d only been in the Magic Box once for a minute? Well that was today and I’m one of those irritating people who came in and didn’t spend any money for your friend Anya. I had 15 minutes to kill between getting a sandwich and going to class so I came in. You (or some other girl with red hair and a computer) were sitting at the big round table. I thought about saying hi but … remember that first note about the going home and wishing I had said something. Yeah.

In payment for my sort of spying on you (oh wow. That sounds really creepy). I’m going to randomly stick my finger on my list (I made it up sitting in class today but I could only come up with 73 things, not 109) and tell you five items:

32 – Likes to sing whether she’s any good at it or not. (I love music)
47 – Cute smile (nuff said, right?)
13 – Good kisser (ditto, right?)
8 -- About my height (I don’t know why but I’ve always sort of imagined a girlfriend being my height (I’m 5’5” by the way))
14 – Can drive a stick shift (Yeah, I don’t know why I care but it always seems so sexy in movies where they steal cars) (You don’t steal cars right?)

And extra

71 – Uses words like segue in everyday conversation

Tara

Date: 03, March 2010 22:02:19
Subject – 73, ok.

Tara,

Really? You came in today? Like to see me? I wish you had said hi. Ok, which girl were you? There were 4 girls who came in today and didn’t buy anything. Are you blonde? Were you wearing a felty skirt? Now I won’t be able to sleep tonight wondering and that’s pretty unfair because you know what I look like.

Pout!

I’m going to list my same numbers:

32 – Believes in magic (cause, well I do)
47 – um… blush … a little kinky (not like plastic clothes but uh… I guess like dirty talk and stuff. My friend was really pressuring me to put more detailed stuff down). (Is that weird?)
13 – Good kisser (funny that this is 13 on both our lists)
8 – likes kids (I do – they’re just so adorable most of the time)
14 – Good dancer (I love dancing but I’m not very good at it and if we both stink, we’ll like break each other’s toes and I want her to have cute feet).

Now I can’t wait until 11:00 tomorrow morning.

Willow

Date: 03, March 2010 22:33:33
Subject – Blush

Willow,

I’m blushing too about 47. Uh… well, I sometimes read… you know stories? And I like the ones where people talk about stuff but I’ve never tried to do that. I sometimes worry that I’d just laugh in the middle. Not that I’ve had much in the way of a chance to talk in the middle of anything before…

I’m going attach a picture of me since … well, you’re right it’s not fair that I’ve seen you and you haven’t seen me. I need to find a cute one. Oh, my roommate just came in and she’s trying to convince me to go to the union for a snack. I’m going to run down the hallway and send this in a few minutes.

Hi, Willow? Or something?

This is Faith, Tara’s roommate. She doesn’t know that I’m writing anything here while she’s down the hall in the bathroom. If you hurt her, I will… I don’t know what I will do but you will not enjoy it at all! It will probably involve a shovel so use your imagination. She’s about the nicest person who’s ever walked the earth and she has the dopiest look on her face and I think that’s because of you.

Oh, I hear her coming so I’m going to hit send.

Date: 03, March 2010 22:48:33
Subject – Faith

Willow? Willow?

What did Faith say? I know she sent my e-mail and she deleted it from my sent files. I tried to tickle it out of her but she’s way stronger than me and she was immune to my pouting. I told her to go to the freakin’ union and don’t come back.

Please write me back.

Tara

Date: 03, March 2010 22:51:40
Subject – It’s ok

Tara,

It’s ok. I’ll send you back Faith’s note. Basically she said not to hurt you or she’d hurt me. Should I be scared?

Oh, also I’ve been thinking about it and (well, obsessively reading it) and #71 seems kind of flirty? Am I imagining things? I hope not.

Willow

PS. If that sounds flirty, you’re reading it right.

Date: 03, March 2010 23:38:19
Subject – Yes

Willow,

No. You’re not imagining things.

Ok. Now I’m blushing. I’m sort of easy that way. I mean, not easy easy but at blushing. Faith came back and was all “I’m really sorry, T…” and “I just was messing around…” and stuff. I guess I’m not really mad at her anymore since you said it was all ok but it’s good to let her think that she’s in trouble with me. Maybe she’ll put her clothes away for a few days or something. She’s just a bit protective (and messy). You should have heard what she said the only time my father ever called the room. I’m not sure anyone has ever spoken to him like that.

I’m kind of nervous about going to Lilith Fair. I mean… well, this might sound dumb but I’m from a town with a population of about 4000 people and that might include the goats just to bump the town size. Our graduating class had 56 kids in it and I think three of us went to college but there were like 6 girls who had babies already at graduation. Anyway, whenever people want to go to a football game or concert of whatever, I just think about that there will be like 20 times as many people as I ever saw in my entire life until I came to Sunnydale and they’ll all be like packed into one stadium. That’s a lot of people. Do you ever feel like that?

Suddenly I don’t know what else to write and I feel really nervous. Do you have brothers and sisters? I have one brother but he’s a lot like my father. In other words, we don’t talk. I know what kind of music you like and that you love self-help books. What about movies? What are your roommate and friend Xander studying? Faith’s studying criminal justice because she wants to be a police officer. She’s really really strong. Like freaky strong really.

Also… have you ever noticed that Sunnydale is kind of a weird place? I don’t go out after dark unless Faith is with me.

I’m yawning now. Not because you’re boring or anything. It’s just that I got up early as you said and now it’s late. If you don’t answer this I’ll figure you’re asleep.

#32 – is likes the beach.

Tara (Maclay – I don’t think I said that before)

Date: 04, March 2010 00:13:40
Subject – I’m awake

Tara Maclay,

Faith didn’t scare me (much). Also, Buffy is pretty strong herself so she could probably (possibly) protect me from Faith. Or maybe I could just run away. Yes, Sunnydale is a very weird place and you are right to not go out at night much. Buffy is … well, she tries to make Sunnydale a safer place and sometimes I go with her. My specialty is screaming and running away so I’ve had practice at running away. Xander’s specialty is getting punched.

I never really thought about stadiums like that but wow. It is a lot of people. I bet the lines at the women’s bathrooms at Lilith Fair are crazy. Do you think the lines at Monster Truck races are extra long at the men’s rooms?

No brothers and sisters for me. I think that having one kid was about 30% more effort than my parents really meant to put into it. I don’t mean to sound bitter or something and I’m really well-adjusted (do you think everyone thinks they’re well adjusted?). It’s just that they really are sort of the classic absent parents. No dogs or cats or anything. I had fish once but that didn’t go well. I’d like to have a dog or cat someday when I don’t live in the dorm and kids too but that will probably take longer than the pets. I’m sorry that your brother is a junior-poopy-head. How’d you escape the poopy-head genes? You seem decidedly not-poopy-headish.

I guess I like most movies. Not horror though because it’s too scary. I like Japanese anime like Ponyo and the classics like Gone with the Wind or Dial M for Murder. Buffy has no idea what she’s studying and Xander doesn’t go to college. He’s sort of finding his place in the world and right now he’s doing construction. He seems to like it a lot so that’s cool for him.

Ok. I hope you’re not waiting up to get this e-mail from me. I won’t write back tonight so that if you are waiting up, you can go to bed now and I’ll see you tomorrow.

Willow

PS – Really. Go to sleep.

Date: 04, March 2010 00:24:00
Subject – Honk-shoo

Willow,

I wasn’t waiting up. Much.

Ok. I was totally waiting for your note.

I don’t know how I’m going to sleep anyway. I should say something really intriguing so keep you awake too.

You know, it’s really hard to think of intriguing things when you’re having trouble staying awake.

I have little Christmas lights in my room all year long because I like the way they look. What’s your room like?

Tara

Date: 04, March 2010 00:49:14
Subject – Go to sleep

Tara,

Now you’re trying to trick me. But you need to sleep and I need to sleep too. I have an 8:00 class and then I’ve scheduled some time to try on every piece of clothing I own and freak out between 9:35 and 10:58. If Buffy skips her Psychology lecture she can help me with both.

I came out to Buffy and Xander and Anya and Giles last year. Reactions:

Xander: Go, Willow!
Anya: Well, no duh.
Giles: Lovely. Now can you hand me that book?
Buffy: Wait. Huh? But … I mean… what about Oz? and also huh?

Oh, Oz was my high school boyfriend. He’s a good guy and I love him a lot but you know… not like that. You know? Actually I told him first and he sort of laughed and asked if I wanted any help trying to meet girls. He’s on the road with his band most of the time and was when we were in high school too. I guess that sort of made it easier to not notice how not into the boyness of him I was. Not in an icky way though.

Ok. This is totally it. I’m hitting send and turning of the computer.

Willow

PS – You never did send me a picture.

Date: 04, March 2010 00:57:41
Subject – Good night

Willow,

Please don’t freak out. If you freak out, I’m going to freak out and I’m just now maintaining a normal level of … well, freaking out to be honest. But if I know you’re freaking out I’m going to freak out even more.

I really really do have to sleep. Here’s a picture.

Tara

Date: 04, March 2010 01:01:58
Subject – Cute Feet

Tara,

Those are just your feet!

Willow

PS – I just checked #31 off on my list.

Date: 04, March 2010 01:09:37
Subject – Picture

Sleep now

Date: 04, March 2010 01:14:13
Subject – Beautiful

#8 on list – Gorgeous. Check.

Go to sleep.

Willow

Date: 04, March 2010 7:31:37
Subject – Good morning

Willow,

I overslept. I have an 8:00 lab. I will see you at 11:00.

You’re not a dream, right?

Tara

Date: 04, March 2010 7:40:19
Subject – Good morning back

Tara,

I’m sorry you overslept. I’m on my way out the door now and I don’t think you’ll see this.

I’m not a dream and I can’t wait to meet you in 3 hours 20 minutes. Oh God. I think I’ll freak out now. Hey! I’m ahead of schedule!

Willow

Date: 04, March 2010 19:47:49
Subject – Great

Willow,

Wow. That was … without a doubt the best 5 hours and 32 minutes of my life. I don’t know when I’ve ever laughed so much or smiled so much. Somehow with you, I don’t feel so shy and awkward. I’m sorry that I had to leave to go to my study group.

Can I… you know, see you again?

Tara

PS – Don’t worry about your friends. They were just teasing us but they seemed nice.

PPS – We didn’t do the “money/ticket” thing.

Date: 04, March 2010 19:58:19
Subject – Now

Tara,

I’ve been sitting here by my computer hoping you would write. I’ve heard there’s this nifty new invention where people can talk rather than using e-mail as well. In case you’ve got a telephone (since there’s one in every dorm room) my number is 4-8777.

Yes, yes, yes. Yes you can see me again. Yes it was the best 5 hours and 32 minutes of my life as well and I’m glad you didn’t think I was being dorky when I suggested we take a blanket and get our sandwiches to go for a picnic.

You know how you go home and think of things you should have said? Since the moment I left you at the door to your study group meeting, I’ve been wishing I had kissed you. I just kept wanting to at the picnic and while walking and holding hands and even when we first were talking at the Expresso Pump. But I kept letting the moment pass. Xander says that I was stupid and lame and that you can always just ask a girl if you can kiss her and most will find it romantic. I said I didn’t want most girls to think I was romantic, just you. Then he teased me some more.

So… um… can I kiss you?

Willow

Date: 04, March 2010 20:02:14
Subject – Yes

Willow,

Oh, yes.

Stevenson Hall. Room 303.

Tara

Date: 05, March 2010 08:46:30
Subject – Oh God…

Willow,

I can’t believe you had to go to class. I mean, yay class and yay for being studious but I hated seeing you get out of bed and go today. I … oh god, I’m blushing. I really, really enjoyed last night. I mean… I know we weren’t ready for… for everything but everything we did felt so good. Oh, god.

I’ll see you in 2 hours 41 minutes by the same tree.

I’ve totally fallen for you, Willow Rosenberg

Yours,

Tara

PS – I still didn’t pay you for the ticket.

Date: 04, March 2010 09:28:14
Subject – Ticket

Tara,

I think I bought it for you.

Willow

Post subject: Re: Random Bits - Willow's List - 03/03/2010
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:51 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

That was such an adorable story I enjoyed it so much. bravo :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:35 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

effing adorable. That last line was a cincher, Deb. Warms the cockles of my heart.

So, now I have to go buy some tickets to Lillith Fair (btw, Brandi Carlile live is something no one should pass up. she's amazing), post on my local craigslist and my magical girl will take me away.

I like this plan, they made it look so easy!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:47 pm 
28. Com...plete

OK the was just too cute and I was laughing all the way through it because it was so reminiscent of the sort of flirting Dia and I did in the beginning...seriously :wtkiss ;-) :pinky

Amber: Oh yes, Aly and I will take credit for that

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:57 am 
5. Willowhand

So cute! I can't wait for your next one!

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

False Euphoria ~~~ Eternity Again

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:21 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent story... Willow's last email was really awesome...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:36 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey, you totally made my day. Another short story from you. So nice, so cute. I can't say it often enough, you are one of the best W/T writers and FF writers, too. Maybe you should consider a career change. But on the other side you might be stopping writing W/T fics then. So don't ;-) I'm a selfish bitch, I know.

Normally I do not like eMail fics. But you make even this genre so worth readable. I did like Tara's reaction to Kiss-Mail most. That was totally sexy. And all those flirting before - hilarious.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:18 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

YaY! That was a pleasant surprise after a heavy night of homework... :)

The craigslist idea was very clever. Despite its cuteness I found it also extremely funny! I laughed and laughed as the emails went back and forth each getting a little bolder as they progressed. Did I mention extremely funny? ;-) I like the girlfriend characteristics list and sneaky Tara going to the Magic Box.

Great story!
-anna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:47 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 1
Dear Debra,

That was fantastic! I'm sitting at work grinning like an idiot. I chuckled and blushed at the #47, and one of the users in the room asked me if I was alright. Sure, no problem.

Thank you!

I really loved it!

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:48 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Deb
that was so sweet. I loved the gentle humour throughout, and the quirkiness in both their personalities showed through in the emails. A perfect match, and a perfect short story.

thank you
Anne

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:46 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Willowtree252 – Thanks so much. I’m glad you liked it.

Zooeys_Bridge – Tee hee. Thanks. I’m glad that line worked. I always want to end with a good line and sometimes it’s hard. I feel like it’s especially important in these short stories to have a line that truly concludes the story so that it feels complete. I’m glad this one worked.

Quote:
So, now I have to go buy some tickets to Lillith Fair (btw, Brandi Carlile live is something no one should pass up. she's amazing), post on my local craigslist and my magical girl will take me away
Hmmm. Ok. I thought you were in a relationship but I guess those things change. I’d imagine that Lilith Fair would be a good demographic to aim at. I was visiting my sister in Steamboat Springs once and we were out at some festival and first we walked by the soccer fields where games were going on and then there was this sort of women’s dancing and drumming thing and I started laughing and my sister asked why and I pointed in both directions and said that if I lived there, we’d be looking at the dating pool.

Thanks so much.

umgaynow – Lol. I totally get that e-mail flirting thing. It certainly worked out well for y’all.

AmberGoddess – Thanks so much. I’m thinking of a few.

Zampsa1975 – Thanks so much, Sami.

sacinema – Thanks so much.
Quote:
I can't say it often enough, you are one of the best W/T writers and FF writers, too.
Thanks again.

Quote:
Maybe you should consider a career change.
Lol. I actually have a day job that I really enjoy. The fact that I get a few minutes a day to write while I’m working is a bonus.

Quote:
Normally I do not like eMail fics. But you make even this genre so worth readable.
Me neither. I don’t know why this one popped into my head but then it became a challenging writing exercise to stick with that format. I considered popping out into 3rd person narration for the date but really wanted to challenge myself to keep it in e-mail. I’m glad it worked.

Thanks again.

irishgrl3 – Good for you, doing your homework. I’m glad you liked the cuteness and the idea and that you found it funny. Thanks again.

JujuDeRoussie – Thanks so much. Well, grinning like an idiot sounds pretty good to me. I’m glad it make work more fun.

Thanks.

Anne – Thanks so much. It was fun to write their humor and innocence.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:31 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Quote:
I thought you were in a relationship but I guess those things change.
I'm in a fake relationship on FB with my old roommate and our group of friends tend to be vocal about our love for one another, so I can see how that'd be confusing. But, no, it's always been single single me. Appreciate the advice though! Hopefully I'll be able to snag going to Lilith Fair at one of its summer stops, the set list is pretty great.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:22 am 
9. Gay Now

Oh wow! You never seize to amaze me woman! I liked their interaction through e-mail I thought that was very creative. The ending was great too. So sweet!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:56 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I love this thread so much, probably coz I'm a total sucker for a W/T short story/vignette/thing. As much as I adore an epic masterpiece, of which there are many here on the board, there's something so wonderful about setting out to read a piece of writing and knowing it's going to be finished by the end of the post. It's gotta be something to do with my combined lack of patience and need for gratification and resolution from the narrative. Or Something.

Anyhow, I just wanted to let you know that I'm reading and loving these random bits you're posting, as I've read and loved your other work, and that I'm very much looking forward to reading more whenever they appear (though I feel I should stress my preference for soonishness in this matter). Thanks so much for writing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:23 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Zooeys_Bridge - Ah. A fake huh? Well I guess that makes sense. So if you don't mind my nosiness, why aren't you in a relationship with her? Is she not gay or you just don't love each other "that way" or what? And do you think that a potential new sqeeze will be jealous? Ok, me being nosy. Have fun if you hit Lilith Fair.

BeneathMyWillowTree - Thanks so much. It was fun and easy to write. Like many of my fics, I thought of it while driving.

Owl - I have to admit that part of my interest in the vignette thing as you say is that it seems to be what my mind and work-day can handle these days. I write nearly everything in 3-4 miinute spans throughout the course of the day while data are running or the computer is starting up or whatever. These seem to work out well for that.

Thanks for posting and reading. I have a few more ideas and one story 1/2 written so you'll see more from me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:55 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 6
:dumbo :moo :sheep :pinky :kitty
Huh. That was so cute! Do you believe in The Secret? I read the book 'n all, but I haven't really figured out whether it works for me... Guess I should keep trying, I mean, if just wishing it can give you W/T goodness, then I'm totally in! :party

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:09 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Interesting question about The Secret. Actually, yes. I generally do believe in it. Now, I haven't read it in about 3 years so I couldn't tell you the details but I know the general thoughts. For the holidays that year or the year before, my wife gave me What the Bleep which is pretty cool and sort of like The Secret but sort of uses physics and science as well.

Now why do I believe in the Secret? Do you see the adorable little girl to the left? Well, my wife and I started talking about having another baby. Strangely we went to visit her folks and her mom had bought The Secret and gave it to her. We both read it. Then I declared that we'd get pregnant. We ordered the sperm (6 vials) to be stored at the facility in our town. For our first child, my wife did all the tracking, temperature, etc. stuff to see when she was fertile and it still took us 8 vials (over 4 months) inseminating at home to get pregnant. Since Ash was still nursing, she couldn't really do the waking temperature. We also had a fertility monitor but a friend had borrowed it and it takes a month to recalibrate it.

So the first month we wanted to try, my wife had no indications that she was fertile. I said that it didn't matter. I was sure it would happen. I called ahead, picked up two vials, and brought them home. I used only one vial and inseminated her completely on my intuition with no biological indicators at all. And then I prayed. And took the other vial back. And never questioned that it would take. I spoke as if my wife were pregnant and she did too.

And as I mentioned <-- Chiara is now 26 months old.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:46 pm 
3. Flaming O

As awesome as always.

I think you know how fabulous I think you are.

So I'm not gonna repeat it again. :blush

Thanks for the awesomeness.

M.

There's some more of my stuff over here: http://bonmot507.livejournal.com/

viewtopic.php?t=4929

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:04 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

No nosy at all! We're just good friends, that's all. She's in a relationship with someone else and we decided first year we'd "marry" each other on FB to be cute (two of our friends, also roommates, married each other). But uh-oh, hope I haven't given false info to any potantials, didn't even think of that! Hopefully the 'married' and not 'in a relationship' will clue them in, if not...maybe it's time to be officially single :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:33 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 6
Wow...

That's so sweet! Congratulations on the baby, I can see why you believe in it now... Trust the Universe, yes ma'am ;-) . It looks easier than it is though. But your story kinda gave me hope (both the baby and W/T story).

And hey! Chiara is actually the name of my best friend, so you have good taste in picking names. :lol

Thank you again for the lovely story. :peace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:45 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
Hey Deb,

I'm finally getting down to some FB, sorry for the delay.

I love fluff, and you certainly delivered! I loved how you took something so simple as email correspondence and gave it a life of its own. I especially appreciated the attention to detail, from the email headers all the way down to this:

Quote:
I’ll be the blonde girl in the colorful skirt with cute feet. J

The smiley face that turns into a J. If it's just a typo, then it's brilliantly placed. J

I enjoyed the banter between the two and sickeningly sweet their flirtations were. Like always, you've captured their personalities and stayed true to their characters.

On a side note, I went to Lilith Fair back in the day, and my ticket did not cost $150, haha. $35 for a seat on the lawn. For $150 Willow and Tara must have sat on the stage!

Kisses and Gay Love
"I like my buttons, curvy." - Willow, Neverland, by Easiersaid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:40 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

chance – Thanks so much. Oh, I can never hear it too much. Tee hee.

Zooeys_Bridge – I didn’t so much mean false info to potentials who may see it on facebook. I guess I meant if y’all are so close, will a potential lady feel threatened that she can’t break in on that. Does that make sense? All sounds like fun though.

Mrs. Pineapple – Thanks so much. I was always sort of metaphysical before and believe in things you can’t see like love and faith. But for me, Chiara is just sort of proof of The Secret and blind, stubborn belief.

Quote:
And hey! Chiara is actually the name of my best friend, so you have good taste in picking names.
Really? It’s pretty unusual here (Texas) and I can’t see where you are. I think it’s pretty common in Italy. We actually first heard the name while watching the 2006 Olympics and both loved the name. She’s named for my partner’s grandmother whose name was Clara. Interestingly I think Chiara could be interpreted to mean light and my son’s name is Asher (again, not common here) which can be translated to mean light in Hebrew. So our children are both children of light which I like a lot.

You’re quite welcome.

Foomatic -
Quote:
I'm finally getting down to some FB, sorry for the delay.
You get a free 6 month waiver from all “responsibilities” and that includes writing FB or anything else. But thanks for coming by anyway.

Yes, this is totally fluff and I’m glad it works. I don’t usually like e-mail but I had fun writing this.

Quote:
The smiley face that turns into a J. If it's just a typo, then it's brilliantly placed. J
Ha ha. That’s it – my brilliantly placed typo. Yes, a typo.

Thanks so much.
Quote:
On a side note, I went to Lilith Fair back in the day, and my ticket did not cost $150, haha. $35 for a seat on the lawn. For $150 Willow and Tara must have sat on the stage!
I went to the website but couldn’t find a price listing. I guess it varies by city and everything so I just picked a number out of the air. I know that there are lots of concerts where the cheap seats start at $45 or more.

Thanks for taking the time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:57 am 
Debra, I had a really cosy and snugly moment just smiling and feeling happy as I read your story. I love the e-mail formats you've chosen and the way you've described the building up of the relationship. It's effing cute. And I l o v e it. Hmm. No, not just love it. I absolutely l o v e it. Honest.

Vi'

P.S: Great way of introducing the Law of Attraction into your story. I think I'm going to work on my own list as well :) No.1 on the list would be 'Healer' I think and No. 2 ' Tree Hugging Hippy' *giggles*

P.P.S: Thanks to the lovely, lovely lady who told me all about this story and asked me to check it out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:03 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
I've read several of your stories now and I really enjoy your style. This one was very cute and a nice change of pace. Your little girl is beautiful.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:32 pm 
2. Floating Rose

wonderfull stories =)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:44 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Vi – Aw. Cosy & snugly. I’m so glad to hear that. I’ve never been a fan of e-mail stories but I couldn’t see a way this one could unfold otherwise.

Quote:
P.S: Great way of introducing the Law of Attraction into your story. I think I'm going to work on my own list as well derr No.1 on the list would be 'Healer' I think and No. 2 ' Tree Hugging Hippy' *giggles*
And how did that work out? I had a whole conversation with the girl who draws my blood platelets usually and told her about the list. I did realize after that I forgot to tell her that you can’t list what you don’t want because the universe doesn’t understand negatives. Saying to the universe “someone who doesn’t smoke” is the same is “someone who smokes.” Anyway, I forgot that but I still believe in the list.

I’m glad you stopped and read it.

vampyregurl73 – Thanks so much, Heather. I’m glad you liked it. I have plenty, plenty, plenty of stories to choose from so enjoy. And thanks about my baby girl. I need to post a new picture soon.

deviantART – Thanks so much and thanks for commenting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:08 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Resubscribing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next