The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Broken Dolls [April 5th]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:05 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
My dear friend,
this is another great moving, beautyful and sad update.

It seams that Willow's mother is reallly going down a path that could be very bad for her, not tomention Willow.
Especially if some of her "friends" should really take any "interestet" in the little girl.

I'm curious to learn more about that warehouse - will it turn out a good place for Willow?

Tara's part was beuatyfuly sad and at the same time let's hope that the carefuly hope you present us with - the foster famely and Faith - will play out well for Tara.

When will Willow and Tara meet again?

Keep up the great work my friend!
And don't make us wake to long too!

Dax
:yikes

“What Dreams may Come”

Last edited by Dax on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:12 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

agree! no more making us wait over half a year! or i'll kick you on a train with my own two feet LoLz

(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. (it must be bunnieeees!)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:25 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

I'm so very late on this :blush . Hi Juju.. :wave First things first I think.
:balloons :flower :clap :dance :balloons :flower :clap :dance :balloons :flower :clap :dance Congratulations Sweetie on the nominations, the running ups and the winners...You deserve them all. It is I am sure very gratifying to know something that is from your heart has touched people and so very appreciated by all the kittens here.You so deserve all of you honors.You are a wonderful writer and that makes lots of sense cause you are a wonderful person as well. I couldn't be more pleased for you. Good job on that. What is it that you will do eventually I wonder in life? Write? Draw? Interview? Hot chick interviewer is the one I think is the best plan.Dorothy and I can be your possie.Ya know,follow you around spilling things and driving badly,pretend we have a function when in reality we just want to see the hot chicks too...I like this plan. :pride

Now on to the update.....

Oh dear. You know what I think? (other then the fact it was far to short :impatient ) Sheila is not an asshole cause she drinks, she is just an asshole in life.Drinking just makes it a little easier for her to deal with the fact that she is an asshole. But she does have that entrepreneur (thats French Sweetie...ggrroowwll) sense that makes her think of easy ways to make money.Like selling sex tapes.Why didn't I think of this before I put all mine up on the you tube for free?Damn it!!! Anyway, at least she cleans up. I hope she cleans everything to cause ewie for house guest who may Visit The Rosenberg Film Studio and by chance unknowingly sit somewhere on the set of "Sheila Does 'em All." :whip
The thought makes me shiver. Like the way I felt in the Sex Museum...wondering where I could safely put my hands without thinking someone probably ...... .... .. ... ..... there.So I just wont touch anything.
Anyway, great plan there Sheila.Give up the steady employment and sell the sex tapes cause yes, everyone wants to see that.

So Willow is cutting school? And going into a forbidden place.This is making me wonder if our little Willow is perhaps going to change and be not so ...so...Willow cause of stupid Sheila. :happy I hope not.But I wont put anything passed you. I guess we'll know more soon enough.I can't wait to see what Willow is going to do.Please don't take to long to let us know.

Faith!!! Yeah for Faith.I love Faith. I am pleased she is with Tara till Willow can get there. This was very sad this part.All of it. Poor Tara. So full of guilt and pain. Just like Willow. Blaming and taking blame for things that have nothing to do with them. I am hoping as well she only left the bear at home and will soon have it back cause if someone takes it or something it would totally suck.Don't let her lose the bear please..please.Thanks.

And this letter? How sad was that? Owie.As usual, very well written and very easily felt. I do however ,have a concern .It says she left her many things but she wont know what till she is 18....and at the rate you update? I'll be 132 years old before I know what they are. :smash

Anyway Sweetie, as usual, I love your update and I love the writing.Im delighted to see Faith and I am very leary of what is in store for both Tara and Willow.But I am safe cause it is the Kitten board and it is the rules that everything here must end happy..I have Faith.Thjanks for the update.
Rose

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:42 am 
10. Troll Hammer

What hondos said about the bear, pretty please.

And yes, from what I've seen drinking doesn't change a person, just brings stuff out that's very much there sober.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:10 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
That letter from Tara's mother was a real tearjerker - I'm glad Tara's got Faith, hopefully they'll stick together, so Tara won't have to go through all this alone. Willow, on the other hand - ironically she's even more alone than Tara, completely isolated from her mother. At least Tara knows her mother loved her, and she can hang onto that love even now - Sheila seems to be just regressing into a childish mode of thinking, choosing to believe whatever she wants to believe, and placing her trust in people who really don't seem to care what she's doing to herself. It's good to see this story continue - wrenching as it is to read it :blush

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:29 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Hello kittens! Here's an update! I'll post answers to your great feedbacks later. As it is late and I know someone's staying up just for it. ;)

[hr]
Title: Broken Dolls
Author: Juju DeRoussie
Rating: NC 17 over all. Not for good things at first I fear.
Disclaimers: I do not own any characters coming from the TV show Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I do not make money from this. I do however own all of the other characters.
Spoilers:None, this is totally uber.
Distribution: Please feel free to ask :)
Summary:This is the hard part for me, I suck at summary. The lives of two pretty dolls, from childhood to the end of teenagehood and the beginning of adulthood. Life isn't always a gift. There are many demons. Not the metaphorical kind.
WARNING: This story will be about abuses. Mental as well as physical. If you are sensible (or sensitive?), please do not read this. If you think you can't handle it I prefer for you to not read this. I am serious. I prefer for you to not read this than to read it and get upset. I know this subjects can be difficult, so don't ignore this warning! Thanks :)
Feedback: Please very much so. Any kind as long as it is said kindly. :) And please if you have any suggestion, tell me. :)
Thanks: To these dear persons who encouraged me and the new persons who've started to encourage me.
NOTE: THIS FIC HAS BEEN SPONSORED BY KLEENEX! SO BE READY LOL. (of course not really 'cause I don't make any money!)
NOTE 2: This chapter has not been betaed, English is not my native language, so please forgive me if it becomes hard for your eyes, and don't hesitate to show me my mistakes, but kindly of course.
NOTE 3: We're jumping 2 years ahead. Just so you don't get lost. :)
To my dear Vnoucka.

[hr]
[center]Chapter 7[/center]

[hr]

"... So she forgot once again. She'll notice in a few days that she forgot, she'll say she's sorry; maybe she'll even make a cake. Not the kind I love. No, she will probably make a cheesecake. She loves cheesecake. I like it but it makes me sick. I don't know why. Anyway... You're cute, do you know that? Yes you know that. I keep telling you. But you really are. You've got the prettiest eyes ever. Here have some more of my sandwich."

Some loud purrs were heard in an abandoned warehouse, where a red haired teenage girl was feeding her sandwich to an obviously pregnant tricolor cat.

Around both figures, some old and mainly broken pieces of furniture were scattered. It looked like a squat. Here some old mattresses, there a dresser with only three feet and a pile of bricks as a fourth foot. There also was a lamp, a coffee table made out of cardboard boxes and an old looking wooden board. On the mattresses were some kid blankets and sheets, all clean. A doll was sitting there. Near the mattresses was a litter box.

Everything was clean though.

"I hope you'll have your babies soon. I can't wait to see them. Tomorrow I'll buy more cat food. Ok Belle, it's time to go home. See ya."

The girl got up, grabbed her doll and put it in her schoolbag then walked away. A look of regret passed in her eyes.

"Don't forget to get the cake on your way back! And check they wrote her name correctly this time!" A middle-aged woman said as she was rushing a man out the door.

The man turned and gave her a quick peck on the lips, a knowing and loving smile on his features.

She closed the door and sigh. Since they had signed to be foster families, their couple had gone from fine to great. They were more in love than they had ever been.

The woman's height was considered small. Not quite 5 feet tall. Her hair was dyed blond, the gray roots more than visible in their one or so inches length. She was a perfect cliché of a middle-aged housewife who would make cookies for her neighbor's kids and watch soap operas while ironing.

As she went back to prepare the evening's special meal, her hazel eyes shone with happiness. Nothing made her happier than having her two girls. And she was more than decided to keep spoiling them. In a motherly way of course, not in a grandma's way. She had to be reasonable.

Her girls arrived in their family about two and a half years ago, and after an awkward start, they soon all got used to each other and were able to form a real family. It was not easy everyday, each girl's past making some highly emotional periods, but overall it was alright.

She sang softly to herself while cutting her vegetables.

"Mom? I'm home!" Willow announced her arrival very loudly in the hopes that her mother would stop any sexual activity she may be doing at the moment. It worked almost all the times. This time was better because her mother did not have to stop anything.

"Hello honey! How was your day?"

Willow blinked. It had become a rare occasion to come home to a non-high, sober mother. Even more rare to come home to a house with only her mother present. Either she was having her "friends" over, either she was at their place. But to have her mother seemingly sober and curious about how school went? What the hell was going on?

"It went fine... I guess. How was yours?" She sounded quite suspicious.

"I saw our landlord today; he gives us another 6 months free. Isn't that great?" Sheila smiled, quite proud of herself.

Willow screamed internally, she really was not interested in knowing that her mother was prostituting herself with the landlord. Another thing everybody knew that made her shameful. People would look at her and pity her. Or shake their head. However, nobody would dare to say a thing; half of the men and a third of the women had slept with her mother. It disgusted her. She lived in a brothel.

"If you say so. Are you staying here tonight?" Willow's temper had become pretty short around her mother. She just could not take her mother's immaturity anymore. It was not only annoying: it was also depressing. Utterly so.

"It's Harry's birthday! Have you forgotten? There's a party at his place." Sheila laughed. She was not as sober as Willow thought. Or maybe she had made Space Cakes again. It did not smell like pot though.

Her mother's words cut through her like a knife. Harry's birthday. She remembered a bastard birthday but not her daughter's birthday. Not for the first time, she was extremely thankful for Rupert Giles and jenny Calendar. They did not forget. They even offered her some gifts and made her a "birthday picnic" in the library. Far from any books of course.

"Of course, how silly of me to forget his birthday!" She replied. The sarcasm was lost on Sheila. "Well I'll be in my bedroom, just tell me when you leave, and don't forget your keys this time. I'm not waking up at 3 in the morning 'cause you forgot them."

As she made her way to her bedroom, Willow grumbled to herself "and your daughter's thirteenth birthday? No of course you don't remember, there's no party with pot involved."

Her bedroom door slammed shut and Sheila sighed.

"Teenagers."

"Come on T! I want to get back home already! What do you think Marta will have prepared for tonight? I hope it's roasted chicken! I love the way she makes it." the young dark haired girl said in one breath. She seemed to be overexcited and was walking fast.

"Hold on Faith! I can't keep up!" answered an out of breath Tara. "I'm sure Marta has made chicken. She knows it's your favorite dish. She probably made enough for the whole street!" laughed Tara.

"Man do I love this woman!" smiled Faith.

Tara could only nod. The middle-aged woman who was her foster... mother. She could never replace her Mamma. Nobody ever could. But the woman sure was a very nice one. Marta had welcomed them with open arms and a great deal of patience.

It had not been easy at first for either of them. Faith had the hardest time to trust people. She came from a dark place. As for Tara, she was still trying to get used to the idea of not living with her mother when she then learnt of her death. Then she had a very hard time dealing with her loss.

Nevertheless, both Marta and John had been patient and caring.

And this day was the perfect example. It was Faith's birthday and for two and a half years, a birthday meant a happy day. Not a party the day itself, but one was scheduled for the following Saturday. The day itself, the birthday girl (or man in case of John's birthday) was on the receiving end of loving attentions. Especially from Marta.

Faith having known only bad or eventless birthdays, Marta had wanted to make each Faith would spend with them very special ones.

Tara smiled to herself while trying to keep up with Faith; they really got one good family.

"I don't know Rupert. I just don't think it's right to let her with her mother. I know she begged us to not call the social services, but... Honestly this woman is incapable of raising a child."

"Honey calm down... I know that. But we promised Willow. We can't let her down, her mother does it enough." Rupert Giles smiled reassuringly at his partner, taking her in his arms.

They had been discussing Willow's case yet another time. For years they had known the bright child, and for years now they had seen her unhappy. Two years ago, the redhead had come to talk to them ad they had told her to do if she wanted. They had listened to her openly while she told them all about how her mother had decided to quit her job without any other plans on how to get a living. They had listened silently while she confessed her mother's activities, and how she often found naked men in her home. They had tried to keep calm for the child's sake, but inside both were fuming. They knew her home life were not a decent one. They had heard rumors of movies... For a long time they had believed it was just kids trying to find things to say about another kid they did not really like. However, when Willow told them... Giles had wanted to hug her then, but she was obviously uncomfortable. Whether it was because she was not used to being hugged or because he was a man, none of them knew. However, that day Willow had asked them to promise to never called the social services. She had begged them to tell to nobody. They had to break that promise though when Willow got in trouble for skipping schools. She missed just a week worth of class though, after talking to them she went back to her academic self.

Since that day, Jenny and Giles had decided to take as much care of the child as she would let them. She let them invite her over sometimes. They even offered her their guest room whenever she wanted. Over the last two years, they helped her going over class that were way above her grade. They helped her find little jobs she could do. Even though it was very hard when she was not even 12 yet. Once she was 12 they helped her getting an unofficial job at a nearby elementary school. She helped some kids to do their homework. §It was not much but it helped her. She had explained to them that she needed to save money for herself, for college. They both thought she was a very brave kid.

Moreover, three days ago they had witnessed yet again the girl's mother's incompetence. The woman had forgotten about her daughter's birthday. Rupert had tried to call her home to remind Sheila Rosenberg that it was her daughter's thirteenth birthday, but all he got was a very drunk woman asking, "Willow who?" He was sure he had called the right number. He was less sure it had been Sheila though. Actually, he just hoped it was Sheila. It had been only 3 o'clock in the afternoon after all.

"I know we promised but sometimes I regret that promise. No kids deserve this but this one even less. We should see with her if there's a way we can make her leave this home..." said Jenny, her voice soft and pensive, her head still against her love's chest.

He only nodded and tightened his embrace.

Willow needed to get out of this place. She knew it. She just could not imagine how she could live by herself yet. And she refused to go to live with Giles and Miss Calendar. They were extra nice, it was not the problem. She just did not want to depend on anyone. She wanted to show her mother she was independent and it was not thanks to her.

A thought occurred to her and she leapt from her desk chair on which she was sitting. She rummaged through her drawer and found at last a small box. It was a square wooden box, about 4x4 inches. She opened it and revealed it contained bills. Counting it, Willow noticed that her mother had served herself. Those were all her savings and her damned mother had taken some to buy her shit. She did not cared which shit it was about. About a hundred dollars were missing.

She got up and exited her bedroom, calling her mother.

"Mom! Where are you?" she called angrily.

"What is it Sweetie?" Sheila asked innocently.

"You know damn well what's my problem. Where's my money? It's mine, I worked for it!"

"What do you mean?" she kept on playing the innocent card.

"One hundred bucks decided to go take a walk! Where is my money Mom?" the red haired girl was getting exasperated with her mother. How could someone be so uncaring?

"Enough with that young lady! You will talk to me with respect! What is under my roof is mine too. I needed it to buy a nice present to Harry. He invited me to his birthday's party!"

Willow could not believe her ears. "What?!"

Tears started to fall down her cheeks. Tears of anger, tears of sorrow. This woman was her mother, she forgot her birthday and used her money to buy someone else a present.

"What do you cry for now?" asked Sheila, getting impatient with her daughter.

"You... You fucking took my money to buy a gift to this bastard?"

Sheila slapped her full force. "Enough!"

Willow was stunned. But after only a few second her blood boiled and she let out a rant that had been building in her for years now. "You forgot my birthday! You forgot your own daughter's birthday, and it wasn't the first time. You forgot it and now you took my money to buy a present to someone else's birthday. And why? I'll tell you why. Because he's throwing a party during which there will be pot, alcohol and knowing you guys probably an orgy..." Another slap.

"Shut up! No wonder I forgot your birthday!"

"No you shut up. I'm fed up with you... Mommy!" This last word was said with sarcasm. "You've not been a mother to me since I was able to feed myself. And worth than to not be a mother, you've also ignored the fact that I still was a child. You've not tried to hide your disgusting activities. You've not tried to hide your drug use. You've quitted your job without thinking, without caring you had a child. You've been a selfish bitch. There, the B word I hear about my mother since I've entered middle school is out. No shut up, I'm talking. I've kept all of this for myself so now I will tell you. Either you decide to change, and for good, either I'll give you what you've wished for: I'll get out of your life". Tears were falling down Willow's cheeks, her face was flushed and her chest heaving. She dreaded her mother's answer. Already regretting. Yet it was needed. She did not notice her breath catching in her throat and stopping while she waited for her mother's reaction who just stared at her in shock.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you Faith, Happy birthday to you..." came the chorus.

The dark haired girl smiled in delight at the wonderful birthday cake laid in front of her with the proud "12" candle burning.

"Make a wish! Make a wish!" said Tara very enthusiastically. She clapped in her hands at the same time.

Faith closed her eyes and wished. I wish tonight never ended. She blew out her number shaped candle and opened her eyes.

Marta served generous slices of cake and all ate with glee and delight.

Once dinner was over, they all sat in the living room and watched a movie. Then the girls went to the bathroom to get ready for bed. They had separate bedrooms but always tried to stay with each other until the last minute. Laughing and telling each other silly stories.

Marta came upstairs to tuck them in, and kiss them good night. Tara first, then Faith.

Tara hugged her Teddy Willow very tightly against herself. "We had a great day Willow, I love when it is someone's birthday at home. Things are so good now, aren't they Teddy? Oh I hope they are good for you too my dearest friend." she whispered.

In the next bedroom, Faith was lying very still, her smile fading, and dread making its way into her chest. How much she hated nighttime.

The doorbell surprised them both. It was quite late. Jenny walked to the door but Rupert stopped her. Whoever it was, he did not want to take his chance, and someone ringing a doorbell that late could be trouble. He opened the door and his heart broke.

"Hmm... hello Giles. I need your help. Please?" Her cheeks were strained by flow of tears, her eyes puffy and red. Her hair was disheveled and upon closer inspection, her face sported an angry mark under the flush caused by the waterfalls. He rushed her in, and helped her to take her coat off. Her tee shirt's collar was torn and on her neck were the marks of a hand. Someone had tried to strangle her.

"Oh Willow!" he took her in his arms, and she sobbed. Jenny came to them and saw the state the poor child was in. Her heart broke too, and then her blood boiled.

Giles led her to the couch and proposed her a cup of tea or something else. Willow nodded for the tea and sheepishly asked for some cookies or something to eat. Jenny sat close to her, and took her hand between hers.

"What happened Sweetie? Who did this to you?"

Willow's eyes were downcast and she did not dare to look up. When she answered, her voice was barely audible, swallowed by the tears and some sort of shame. "The woman who gave me birth."

Her door creaked open, and light from the corridor entered her bedroom. It was time. She closed her eyes tightly shut, hoping that if she faked sleep, she would be saved.

"I know a birthday girl who deserves an extra present today." whispered the man.[hr]

Thanks for reading,
Julia :)

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:30 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

dibs dibs dibs dibs DIBS!!!

Damn did you need to gimme that cliffhanger? Men creep me out.
Verymuch loved the update now, but you need to update again soon to make up for the cliffhanger missy :p

(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. (it must be bunnieeees!)

Last edited by Dorothy on Sun May 03, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Broken Dolls [May 3rd]
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:39 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Dang dorothy beat me to the dibs. Great update btw loved it a lot. :party

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:36 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

dear God... dear God...

I shouldn´t read this story... makes me wonder about so many things that I thought I already forgot... Dear God...

I hate this Sheila... I hate the man in Faith´s room... I hate the cruel destiny of this three young girls...

but Giles and Jenny? Thank God for them! I hope they can help Will...

My Heart Draws a Dream
True Colors of Love
A Crazy Little Thing Called Mutation

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:27 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

You know even with the dark nature of the topic you've decided to write about, this story is incredible captivating. So many people in this world have suffered tragedies but from those tragedies have gone on to become strong, caring people. I hope your story finds a happy ending ...

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:33 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Check it out! 100th reply! I promised BD feedback would be #1 after my post, so here I am. ^_^

That being said...holy crap. I was really starting to get a "feel good" feeling partway through this chapter (as much as is possible from BD, in any case... hehehe). Despite the awful background, things were looking up. Giles and Jenny (bless their hearts) were at least offering an out for Willow, the scene with Belle was lovely, and Tara + Faith had this wonderful, loving family.

And then you...then you...GUH. *throttle*. Uh, no, no, I mean *hugs*. Typo. e_e;

There are a few mistakes more glaring than others. These are the ones I remember:

- IHOP should be all upper case.
- somewhere in the last 2 updates, "fletch" is used instead of "fetch"
- ...and shoot, I forgot the other one. >_<

Willow's description of "the woman who gave me birth" was well done. No longer her mother.

I also like (and hate) Sheila's scoffing, "Teenagers." You write good open/cut-away moments, which are wonderful for keeping readers.

Although I feel we'll be seeing less of the "grown-up" characters (except possibly Giles/Jenny), I want to mention again that you've done a wonderful job of showing scenes from their perspective. It helps to make them feel--while not redeemable--at least *human* to the readers.

It's neat to compare the writing in recent BD updates to some of your older fics. Your English has come a long way.

One quick note about speech punctuation (or see the Scooby's teach grammar! thread on the beta board):

"I know a birthday girl who deserves an extra present today." whispered the man.

That period (and others like it in BD) should be a comma.

Really captivating story, JuJu. Always looking forward to more.

*re-cookie*

~ Megan

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:21 pm 
3. Flaming O

Anotrher gripping update my friend and as always it's great, and sad and now even scarry.

Darn, for a moment you really had me hopping that things for both Tara and Faith were really going well.

Turns out things are rather dark, sad for Faith. Can I say that I rather hate "the men"?
How long will Tara be safe, Until she gets "a special present"? I don't dare thinking of it any more.

So Willow had made herself a little "home" in that warehouse, with a sorti of room and a pregnat cat - Miss Kitty Fantastico's mother perhaps?

Also Willow finaly confronted the woman that gave her birth, (no longer mother, what she hand't been in a long tiome anyway) and payed dearly for it - "strangle marks".
Hopefully Rupert and Jenny can help her getting out of this m,ess her mother brought her into with uncarring lifstyle.

Keep up the good work and don't keep us hanging too long my friend.

Your Friend

Dax

“What Dreams may Come”

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:32 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

I was thinking the exact same thing about Tara, will she be safe? Sure hope so :cry:
Warehouse makes me think of fashdance and then my thoughts start to wander sometimes and I have to get em back to the fic LoL

(O.o )

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:48 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Hi Kittens, here are the replies to your feedbacks for the previous chapter. Thanks again! :)

Dorothy: Aren't you a crazy bunny? Threatening me? lol. Yay I made you cry! lol Thanks ;) *hugs

Zampsa1975: Hi there! :) I thought for a moment about making Sheila's "friends" try to include Willow in their... activities. But no. It would really have been too much. she'll already have a lot to deal with.
Tara's foster parents are great as a couple. If you don't look up too close, they are really great. Just don't look too close. :)

Nue: Hate Sheila as much as possible! And a bit more. I'm sorry you know what Willow's feeling though. Nobody should ever feel this way. Our girls will find happiness, this is the kitten board; happy ending is a rule. But the journey is long.
Thanks for reading ^^

LittleBit: *blushes* Thanks. I'm sorry I'm such a bad updater. I don't plane on letting this unfinished though, so don't worry. Just be patient please?

Dax: Oh my dear Bernd. How much will you hate me through this fanfiction? I'm glad that you're curious about the Warehouse. It will become an important character. Well as much as a building can become a character. :)
I plan for Willow and Tara to meet again when... err... at some point? ;-)
Thanks my friend. *hugs

hondos: :-D Hi! *blushes quite a lot at your compliments* I'd love to be followed by Dorothy and you for sure. Lol. Spilling and attempting driving... I say Viva The Hot Chicks! ;-)
Sheila is a tiny asshole, and drinking makes her a big asshole. A so big asshole that you ca see the world through her mouth. She sure has way to make money, easy way. But... I think she doesn't know yet that she is more used than using. If you get what I mean. Now it's true that you shouldn't have put yours on Youtube. Didn't I teach you anything? lol. And about her cleaning well and thoroughly... I'd suggest that if you ever go there, you don't sit. Nowhere. I must say that I am truly convinced the Museum of Sex was very clean, unless you went to the bathroom without me noticing. Lol. You little prude ;)
No our Willow won't become unwillow-y because of Sheila. She just needed to clear her thoughts. To go through a VampWillow phase. Or a "get drunk and the next day make a spell foryour will to be done" phase if you will. :)
LOL I promise Tara will reach her update soon enough. Before your 132nd birthday. Like at your 131st birthday! ;-) *hugs

DaddyCatALSO: Hi there, well you may have noticed the bear was there. :) All safe and sound. The drinking didn't make her an ass, indeed. It just brought it out. Thanks for reading. :)

Artemis: Tara will always have the love of her mother, whereas Willow knows she doesn't have it. So no matter what may happen to her, Tara will never feel totally alone. Willow has to make herself a loving family. A Scooby family. :) Thanks for reading and commenting :)

Thanks you all for reading this fic. :)

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:10 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Oh, dang, poor Faith, from oen frying pan into another...and the wife doesn't know? Oh, dear.

And I'm worried about Willow's situation; anytime an animal is brought into stories like this, I worry.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:03 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

I'm not a crazy bunny, I'm a suicide bunny! suicide bunnies arecool :D

I also like the way you put Faith in, not everyone realizes she's had her (un)fair share of hurt in childhood too.

Maybe I should just stop pointing out what i like, I love the whole story cause you're an amazing writer.

Just don't leave us hanging on this awfull cliff for too long prettyplease

(O.o )

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:47 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness.... Good that Willow finally stood up against the women who gave her birth... I hope that Tara and Faith very very soon find a new foster family, but knowing you they have to endure "special presents" for far too long before they escape the abuse...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:19 pm 
3. Flaming O

So glad Willow went to Giles and Jennys... hopefully Faith and Tara can find some one too. Absolutly love this fic and your writing. Update soon please.
:peace

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:29 am 
3. Flaming O

Hi there Juju,
If I have not replied before to this story, shame on me for I have been reading! Wanted to leave feedback for this chapter especially, both because of much praise and to provide a couple of suggestions:

Your story, dark as it is, is also very captivating and shows both the hurt and the rare, beautiful, and light moments. A thing which balances the narrative well! I'm looking very much forward to the day when Tara and Willow will be reunited, I do hope for brighter days for Faith as well, poor soul! You catch some fine nuances in your story, little details which captures the exposes the situation of your characters with much clarity (Willow in her make-shift home with the sole companionship of a pregnant cat, such pure loneliness and such warmth and longing for a bit of order, for someone to care for.. The need for being so happy by daytime for Faith when the nightfall is such a nightmare, broke my heart!)

And then I'd like to point a few things out, minor things which are a bit disturbing when reading none the less:
You had me confused with the whole instance of Willow's birthday, it seems as if you have written at different times perhaps or just haven't had time to check it (Or it's me who have misunderstood something completely here, you never know! ;-) )
1) It sounds as if it is on the day itself the narrative takes place, if so this sounds out of place:
Quote:
Moreover, three days ago they had witnessed yet again the girl's mother's incompetence.
also the instance with Giles calling Sheila, finding her drunk at three, wouldn't it be about then Willow came home and talked to her?
2) When Willow finds out her money is missing, she calls her mother and so she cannot be slapped and otherwise physically abused..

If you need a beta, pm me, I'd be more than happy to help out!

~The Show Must Go On by Queen

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:14 am 
3. Flaming O

Can't wait to read more about little Tara and Willow.

I just thought I stop by to tell you.

Dax

“What Dreams may Come”

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:31 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

I haven't reply for some time now, but well, I just need to give you my support on that story.
Things are all messy but there's still hope. No?
Update soon, please

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:47 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
I had to read Broken Dolls again, I had forgotten how amazing it is. I am glad to hear that you are working on the next chapter. You are really doing a great job capturing the experiences of abused and neglected children. Please keep Tara away from her foster father. The idea of that innocence being lost just makes me want to cry. (I am not a crier, but the Tara part of the story brought tears to my eyes). I appreciate your disclaimer, I can imagine that it could cause angst for those of us who have histories or neglect & abuse. Also, if you need a Beta, my proofreading skills for other's writing is pretty good. :blush I've really enjoyed chatting with you.