The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lesbian Gay Type Women in Love (New Standalone 02/24/09)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:35 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

LOST

Quote:
“Well, you were the one you were the one who mentioned groping,”
FYI: repeat/typo

This was great. ^_^ Oh, LOST. I got utterly hooked during the first two seasons, and it's been a huge let down for me ever-since. But at least it inspired this story from you, so *something* of quality resulted...

Loved the brief peek into Miss Kitty's head, and very nice character voices--reading dialog like this makes me frustrated with my own writing (in a good way, if I can learn from it), because I have a tendency for too much overlap, and after a while all the characters start sounding the same.

Lovely interactions between the women. I am a sucker for first-meet stories, but really enjoy the fly-on-the-wall views into their adult lives, as well.

...but, really, grrr LOST.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:45 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good story...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:12 am 
23. Volumey Text

Topics: 5
Zampsa - Thank you :)

Jasmydae - Thanks for the heads up. Edited now...

I have much the same trouble as you with that show. I watched the first couple of seasons and then got frustrated with it. Actually, I got frustrated with sanctimonious Jack and his 'do as I say. not as I do' holier than thou attitude.

I've dipped in and out since then but - as you can imagine - it's hardly the best way to stay with it. Maybe - when it finishes - I will watch it through on DVD.

I have to say that I was a little wary of this episode of their lives from a voice point of view. I found Willow sounding like Homer Simpson - which is why I made a joke of it to distract from that - and the voices weren't perfect by any means. However if it still works for you then that's good enough.

I also am a sucker for first meeting stories, but since I don't step outside canon much (Sidestep exists in the wishverse so I can call that canon) and I wrote my first meeting stories years ago... this is what I am left with ;)

Thanks.

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*
-------------------------

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:43 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

ha, this last chapter is SO funny! thanks for that, I laughed my lungs out!

My Heart Draws a Dream
True Colors of Love
A Crazy Little Thing Called Mutation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:21 am 
23. Volumey Text

Laughing your lungs out sounds kinda painful Nue but thanks for doing it anyway :)

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:08 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great writing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:39 am 
23. Volumey Text

Thanks SJ

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:02 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Roflcopter! This bit was very very funny. And I can't at all blame Willow for wanting to see wet-tank Tara. Wet-tank Tara is almost a standard in any girl's fantasy (or at least all the girls I know).

Great job as always. Can't wait for more! :sigh But I will.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:18 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Hi Madwriter. You either know very few girls with very specific interests or a better crowd than I do ;)

Thanks very much. Apologies for not replying earlier, I actually missed the fact you'd posted! I hope to have a new part for the end of this month.

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Re: Lesbian Gay Type Women in Love (New Standalone 05/23/09)
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:40 am 
23. Volumey Text

Title: Lesbian Gay Type Women in Love – Critique
Author: Katharyn Rosser
Feedback: Constructive criticism is always welcome. Flames just demonstrate you have a tiny mind.
Spoiler Warning: Probably none, and why the hell do we need to worry about this years after the show went off the air? Suffice it to say nothing bad ever happened to our girls.
Distribution This story was written for Pens. Pens is its home. No archiving off Different Coloured Pens (This applies to all my W&T fic)
Summary: Tara and Willow get into literary criticism
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the copyrights or anything else associated with BTVS. All rights lie with the production company, writers etc, etc. I am making zilch from this series of stories. You know the drill.
Rating: A little caution required.
Couples: Tara and Willow forever. I doubt I’ll even mention anyone else.
Notes: I’m playing with things here just because I can. I hope you’ll all recognise it. Some of it is pet peeves, but mostly it’s all the things I do and then have to edit out (if I catch it) in my own writing and have to beware of. Some of it is beta I have been forced to endure (not here!) Then somehow I got around to a bushy debate… Who knows how these things happen to a writer? All in all, just a little fun that might bring a smile to your face once or twice. If so, mission accomplished.
Thanks To: The woman who reads everything I write, but not sitting on the toilet. And not in the bath either…

Lesbian Gay Type Women in Love

Critique

By

Katharyn Rosser

“Listen to this,” Willow said.

Tara looked up to where her lover sat on the closed toilet lid, reading from the manuscript that’d been couriered over to them just that afternoon.

Usually, unless they were sharing, she didn’t have a visitor when she was taking a bath. But this was Willow and she was really into something. What could you do? She supposed she was just fortunate that Willow wasn’t being ‘efficient’ and timing sitting there for leisure purposes at the same point as a more practical use. Because, as her lover would’ve said, eww.

“‘Sara and Tilly were lovers,’” Willow started to quote. “Sara and Tilly? What is that?”

Tara shrugged and kept shaving her legs.

“I’ll tell you what it is, it’s us. Sara equals Tara. Just a letter out.”

“Hmm,” Tara said without commitment.

“Tilly,” Willow said. “At least she didn’t just do a letter swap. Tillow and Wara just sound silly. I guess there aren’t that many ways you can change Willow into anything else.”

“I don’t know,” Tara said. “I like to think I helped you change.”

Willow stuck her tongue out. “Uhuh, you just helped me realise. You didn’t change a thing about me.”

“Is that what it says?” Tara asked.

“Huh?”

“Well, what does the story say?” she asked.

Willow, realising what she must’ve meant started flicking through the pages, looking for what’d struck her fancy. Picking little phrases out here and there as they offended her in some way. Honestly, Tara wasn’t seeing the problem. So their names had been used, and changed a little. And they were the models for big gay characters. Was it really a problem?

Willow shook her head, sighing.

“Go on, what did you find now?” Tara asked, dipping the razor in the water, wondering if she really wanted to ask.

“Four pages in,” Willow said. “Four pages. What are we? Nymphos?”

“They’re doing it?”

“We’re doing it,” Willow corrected. “Because the names are almost the same. After four pages. ‘The redhead found her place between the blonde’s legs and extended her tongue.’”

“It happens,” Tara said.

“Not after four pages.”

“Sweetie, we made love in the laundry room, the second time we met with monsters at the door and you had a bum ankle,” Tara pointed out to her. “Didn’t slow us down.”

“And you think all of that took four pages?” Willow asked. “Don’t answer that, it was a rhetorical question. At least, I suppose, Sara and Tilly aren’t in a laundry room. She used a little imagination perhaps? No, they – we – are in a Highschool locker room.”

“On our own?” Tara asked.

“God, I hope so,” Willow said, flicking through. “Yeah… there’s no one else in there.”

“Then it sounds like more fun right there than I had in all of Highschool,” Tara said pragmatically. “Especially in the locker room.” Locker rooms meant gym and that had never really been her speciality. She’d never been big with the running around thing, at least until she’d had a good reason to run. Good reasons like monsters.

Willow looked at her. “You shave your legs and stop defending her. You always defend her, no matter what she does. But this - ” Willow shook the offending literature, “This is too far.”

“Baby, come on. It’s Dawnie. She doesn’t know anything.”

“You think these names are accidents?”

“Well,” Tara started and saw the look on her lover’s face. “They could be. But I meant, well she doesn’t known how it is.”

“‘Tilly’s tongue circled the centre of Sara’s lust as the blonde girl quivered against the wall of the shower.’”

Tara blinked. Their little Dawnie had written that? “Okay, so she knows what feels good. She’s twenty-four,” Tara pointed out. “There’s no pretending that she hasn’t been there.”

“In the Highschool locker room?”

“No! I mean, she better not have been.”

“So you meant she’s been between a girl’s legs? Do you know something I don’t about her?” Willow asked.

“No,” Tara said patiently. “She has a boyfriend, and… I really don’t have to say it do I?” It wasn’t that she minded talking about sex, even hetero sex. But when it came to Dawnie… She was prepared to accept that their former charge was having sex. She just didn’t want to talk about the detail.

“Oh. Okay.” Willow went back to flicking through the pages. “Lick. Lick. Lick. Rub. Lick. Lick. Lick.”

“Blow by blow, huh?” Tara asked.

“No. That’s not one scene. That’s…lots of scenes. All we seem to do is lick.”

“Licking’s good. And there was some rubbing. You said so. Rubbing’s good too.”

“Well yeah, but don’t you think it’d get kinda… dull?” Willow asked.

Tara froze. Dull? Willow thought that was dull? It wasn’t something that she’d noticed in her lover, sudden onset of boredom during either of those activities.

“No,” Willow clarified. “I mean – if that was all that happened. I mean, look at this. We – they kiss. They press up against each other. They rub a bit and then they lick. Now they fall asleep. Then here, another scene. Rubbing feet. Then kiss. Press up against each other. Rub a bit more. Then lick. Then lick the other way. And lick each other at the same time. Then fall asleep.”

Tara sighed, getting into the idea as the warm water lapped at her breasts gently.

“Tara!” Willow called.

“What?”

“You’re not supposed to be getting into it. I’m making a point here.”

“And that is?”

“Dawnie thinks we’re formulaic,” Willow accused, as if the young woman was in the room with them. Because that wasn’t something she really wanted right now.

“Dawnie has no idea what we are,” Tara promised her. “Because I know I never said a word to her. Did you?”

“No!”

“So. She’s guessing.”

“And she’s dead wrong. We’re not this dull,” Willow insisted.

“I don’t know that ‘dull’ is the word I’d use for any of that,” Tara suggested.

Willow bit back her response, considered and then nodded. “Okay, predictable. We’re not this predictable. Are we?”

“What did we do last night?” Tara asked, watching as Willow’s face lit up in satisfaction.

“Oh no, we’re not predictable all.”

“Nor dull. She’s straight and like many straight girls she probably doesn’t want to admit that she has a better idea about what women can do without a man to please them. So is thing it all about sex or is there a plot?” Tara asked. She’d have asked to see it but her hands were all wet and the steam from the bath would get into the pages and it’d be a whole big ruining thing.

“What plot?” Willow almost cursed.

Tara had to admit that the names were a very obvious form of concealment, obviously not designed to be so at all. But if Dawn was writing sexy stories now, and about them… She wasn’t sure how she felt about that at all. It was just a little weird.

Kinda like –

Willow’s harrumph interrupted her train of thought. “What?”

“‘The hacker.’”

“I beg your pardon?” Tara has to ask.

“‘The hacker’, that’s what she’s calling me now. I haven’t hacked anything in… forever,” Willow said in exasperation.

“You tried to get into the DMV last year,” Tara pointed out.

“Only because I didn’t have time to line up for hours. But I couldn’t get in. That’s the point. I used to hack things; I used to be the hacker. Now I don’t. I am hackless. I am without hacks, but here it is in black and white. I’m the redhead and the hacker and my name is Tilly.”

Tara decided that arguing the point wasn’t likely to help, besides, what could she say? “How about me?”

“You’re ‘the blonde’ of course.”

Tara ran her hand through her hair. Not right now she wasn’t. But hey, there had been large periods of times she was blonde and it wasn’t surprising that Dawn saw her that way. “And?”

Willow flicked pages. “You’re ‘the blonde’ a lot. A hell of a lot. Oh, look. You’re ‘the larger breasted woman’ too. What is that? Who says or thinks this stuff? I mean, do you see yourself as ‘the larger breasted woman’?”

Tara glanced down at herself. “Well, you know it’s true.”

“But Dawnie shouldn’t be writing it! She can’t be going around calling you ‘the larger breasted woman’” Willow said.

“Okay, why?”

“Why?”

“Why?”

Willow hesitated, thought about it. “It’s… discrimination. Against smaller breasted women for a start. And me, mostly.”

“Does she suggest it’s a bad thing?” Tara asked.

“Well, Sara seems to like them – I mean, the smaller boobs,” Willow admitted, referring to the text again.

“I’m right there with her,” Tara said. “With the liking and all.”

“Good, you should be. It’s a girlfriend thing to do, appreciating boobs,” Willow said.

“Most definitely and I know you do too.”

“How can you tell?” Willow asked with a grin.

“Little hints, here and there,” Tara said, washing off the razor again as she finished the first leg and switched. “Come on, tell me more.”

“We seem…” Willow kept turning pages. “We so seem to be getting more adventurous.”

“Oh?”

“In the kitchen?” Willow asked in disbelief.

“We’ve done it in the kitchen,” Tara reminded her. Not often, but they’d definitely started there. Sometimes, watching Willow wash dishes – often to music – watching her butt move in time… Well, sometimes she got carried away.

“In a restaurant?” Willow asked.

“Umm, no,” Tara agreed, wondering how that worked. “Is it after closing time?” She really hoped it was after closing time.

“I… I don’t think so. It seems to be… Umm, well, everyone else seems to have disappeared. I mean one minute they – we – are all excited by something, each other I think. And the next we duck out… and we’re in the kitchen. But no one else is there.”

“How does that work?”

“Dramatic licence?” Willow guessed.

“I suppose. I mean, if I saw two girls making out in the kitchen, I’d make myself scarce too,” Tara admitted.

“We – they, they’re not just making out. Remember I mentioned kiss, press, rub and lick?” Willow asked.

“How could I forget.” Tara started to draw the razor up her other leg.

“Oh, we’re wearing leather. I hadn’t noticed the leather.”

Willow didn’t sound impressed by the leather. And Tara was right there with her. Leather really wasn’t them. Never had been, probably never would be.

“If nothing else it’s unsanitary,” Willow said, apparently frustrated that she was focusing on something else.

“Uhuh,” Tara said absently. Then thought about it. “Why, what are we doing? Didn’t we wash our hands?”

“Not once. And you know… eww. Not us eww, people-have-to-eat-eww and should-learn-to-be-more-careful-eww.”

“Get over it honey,” Tara said. “Move on. Is it well written?”

“Except for all the lack of a plot and all the generic descriptors,” Willow admitted, finally moving past those pages that offended her culinary cleanliness sensibilities.

“Huh?”

“The hacker!” Willow cried. “Come on baby, keep up with me.”

“And ‘the big breasted blonde’”, Tara reminded her. “Don’t forget ‘the big breasted blonde.’”

“No,” Willow said, “That’s not in here. I said ‘larger breasted woman.’ And ‘Big breasted blonde,’ that’d hardly be you now would it? I mean… No one’s going to call you ‘busty’”

“They can if they like,” Tara said, pushing the assets in question up and together to prove her point.

Willow laughed and shook her head. “Try wearing something that keeps them like that all day, and we’ll talk about you being called ‘busty.’”

Tara released them and picked the razor back up again. “What’s your problem with ‘larger breasted woman’ anyway?”

“Aside from the fact it’s a generic descriptor? Aside from the fact that it could mean anyone rather than you?”

“Anyone?”

“Anyone larger than me,” Willow said.

Hmm, Tara could see the problem there. “How about, ‘the larger breasted witch’?” she asked. “That’s more specific.”

“But not unique. I mean… I love my boobs, and lots and lots of experience teaches me that you do too. But most every witch out there – including some of the male ones – has larger boobs than me. So when Dawnie writes this… I could be with any of them. Generic, see?”

“But is that you at all? Since you’re ‘the hacker’?” Tara asked. “And how many of those are there out there? And how many with boobs? Including man-boobs.” They looked at each other, considering that for a moment. Tara just felt that she had to apologise. “Sorry. That was just me being stupid.”

Willow waved it off. “Why not just use the name? I mean, if she’d gone to the lengths of making up barely different names to make it obvious just who they’re supposed to be then why not use them?”

“I guess it’d get awkward?” Tara suggested. “I mean, read me a sentence.”

“Which?”

“Any, at least any where this sort of thing crops up.”

“It crops up everywhere,” Willow pointed out.

“So read me any sentence,” Tara told her, just a little exasperated.

“‘The blonde laid her head on the hacker’s slender belly,’” Willow started. “Slender? I like that.”

“Willow…”

“Okay, okay. ‘The larger breasted witch kissed at the gentle curves of her lover the hacker and made the redhead moan with unconcealed passion.’”

Tara sat up, thinking about that. It wasn’t great writing, it had to be said. And it was full of those pesky generic things that could’ve been anyone, but she could see what the problem was here.

“Lovely sentiments,” Tara said. “Not sure if I was a writer I’d do it that way. But hey, this is why I paint.”

“You could do better than this,” Willow said.

“Willow!”

“I’m sorry, but it’s true. You could write better than this. I could too.”

Tara shook her head. “Well, don’t tell Dawn that.”

“As if I would!”

“You might when you’ve had a couple of drinks, so keep it zipped,” Tara instructed. When Dawn – now she was of age – and Willow were in a room together and drink flowed… all sorts of embarrassing things about the time they’d all lived together tended to come out and Willow was just as bad.

“Anyway, if she didn’t have all those things in there, then it’d be something like, I don’t know – Like… “‘Sara laid her head on the Tilly’s slender belly. Sara kissed at the gentle curves of Tilly and made Tilly moan with unconcealed passion.’”

She looked up at Willow who plainly didn’t see the problem. “So?”

“It’s too much. All those names, over and over.”

“Okay,” Willow said. “How about a few gender based pronouns? Some ‘she’ and ‘her’”

“Would be fine,” Tara said. “But however would you keep up with who was who? I mean I am all for big gay love –“

“You can be, you’re the ‘larger breasted one’,” Willow said pointedly.

“Big gay love,” Tara repeated, ignoring the blatantly obvious. “But it’s got to be tough to write. When two people of the same gender are doing things with each other, how do you tell them apart? As a reader, I mean? ‘She laid her head on her belly. She kissed her curves and made her moan with unconcealed passion. She sounds like she’s doing it to herself, in an anatomically impossible way.”

“I see what you mean,” Willow said. “Perhaps if she’d mixed it up a bit?”

“Who?”

“Dawnie,” Willow said. “You’re going to tell me I just made your point aren’t you?”

“I don’t need to now, so I can be all magnanimous in victory.”

“Smartass,” Willow accused.

“It’s not my ass you can’t stop looking at,” Tara pointed out.

Willow grinned. “Not my fault, you didn’t use enough bath foam, it’s left you all… exposed.” She sighed, not all in jest.

“Talking of exposed though,” Tara said. “Sure you don’t want me to go further?” She waved the razor to show what she meant.

“Don’t you dare,” Willow said, possessive all of a sudden.

“It means that much to you?” Tara asked, amused as always by the reaction she could always provoke with this little idea. “Won’t take a moment. Who knows, you might like it that way.”

“I’m not screwing around with this, baby. My girl’s a woman. Not a… girl…”

Tara looked at her. “Uhuh?”

“Well, you get the point. Damn… I need to learn to put my arguments together better, I love you just the way you are. No need for changes, thank you very much,” Willow explained.

“I shave my legs,” Tara said.

“That’s not a change,” Willow replied, clearly ready for that one. “You always have done.”

“I dye my hair.”

“Again, you always have, so nothing new there,” Willow said. “You should give up, you’re just making my point for me.”

Tara searched for something she could win this on. Not that she had a particular desire to extend her depilation any further, but it was always fun to watch Willow get possessive. It was a little like trying to take catnip off Miss Kitty. You could do it, but you’d suffer for it either then or down the line. “Ahah, you asked me to consider that piercing. That was a change.”

The idea of anything being – permanently – inserted into any part of her, least of all that part, filled her with dread. At heart she was a coward when it came to anything like that, but it hadn’t stopped Willow wondering about it.

“That was for purely practical reasons,” Willow told her. “I just thought that, maybe, it’d be… fun.”

“For you! I’d have been the one having a piece of metal shoved through it. And you never said that my plain old – unpierced – tongue was anything but fun for you,” Tara said.

“Well,” Willow said, shifting to the defensive. “It didn’t happen. So… forget about it. But don’t you touch that bush. I like it just the way it is.”

“Not even to tidy up?” Tara asked, determined to push this a little further.

“Well, okay. But if you go further than that then I won’t touch it.”

That just tickled Tara, as much as Willow was threatening not to. “Oh, come on lover. As if you could resist. We’ve been through this before.”

“I can resist anything I like,” Willow said. “I have willpower. Willowpower even.”

“Which is fine and good,” Tara told her. “But you don’t want to fight it. So willpower will do you no good at all. I give you… four days. Tops. Then you’d be begging to get between my legs again.”

Willow sighed. “You know me too well. But who says that you want to go without long enough to test it?”

Tara considered that. Willow did have a point there. While victory would have a certain satisfaction, she wasn’t as competitive as her lover and that satisfaction was nothing like the satisfaction that Willow offered her. “Why don’t we leave it to the book?”

“Huh?”

“Well,” Tara said. “If Dawnie’s written all this stuff – you know, sexy stuff, then she must’ve… well, she must’ve have explored what was down there. Right?”

“I… guess.” Willow frowned. “You want to let Dawn’s imagination decide this? Dawn who wrote about us in leather gear, in the kitchen of a restaurant just so we could be playing with weird foods? That Dawn’s imagination?”

Not really, because when she came right down to it if she’d wanted anything different down there she’d have gone there years before and it wouldn’t have been a change for Willow. “Sure,” she said. “If you can find a reference.”

“I can’t believe I’m doing this,” Willow murmured as she flicked through the pages.

“You can’t believe it?” Tara asked. “Who’s really gonna be doing this?”

Willow shook her head. “This is why I’m possessive about it, I’m the one who suffers.”

“Suffers?”

“Sure.”

“You don’t think that’s at all an exaggeration?” Tara asked. If there was anyone who was going to suffer, then it was her and not Willow.

“There’s never too much of a good thing,” Willow said brightly.

“Well, I’m not sure I agree with you there,” Tara said. There could easily be too much. Visions of rainforests flickered through her mind. No, you could certainly have too much.

“Well, okay,” Willow volunteered. “You might be right. But there’s definitely such a thing as too little of a good thing. You wouldn’t really… I mean, just because Dawn wrote it that way?”

Would she? Probably not, if Willow hadn’t made such a big deal about it. Now… it was a point of pride. She had pride. Just because she was in a couple and in love with the beautiful, intelligent woman in the world – who also was one of its poorest losers – didn’t mean she couldn’t have pride. Besides, she’d always had a sneaking curiosity… She’d neither had, nor been with, anyone who was hairless down there.

And since there would never be anyone else, how else was she supposed to satisfy that curiosity?

Life was about discovering new things. And about teasing her woman remorselessly about that, whether she’d ever really go there or not. She’s spent so long being the little wallflower that was waiting for someone like Willow to come along that once she had her… She’d got sassy.

And that was Willow’s conclusion, not her own.

Sassy. Tara enjoyed sassiness and – at heart – she knew Willow loved her for that as much as anyone else.

Before she got a chance to answer the question though – whether she’d really shave just because Dawn had written a slightly renamed character that way - Willow pointed in triumph to a page. “Bush.”

“Oh?”

“Big old, beautiful bush,” Willow affirmed. “’Tilly’s nose and then her tongue meandered through Sara’s sparse hair.’”

“That could just mean that Sara was going bald,” Tara pointed out. Not that she was in any way the model for that either.

“Uhuh. Not licking what Tilly was just licking,” Willow replied. “I think the geography is firmly established. She’s not balding. She’s not balding anywhere. Pussy. Bush. It’s plain as day to me, so you put that razor down missy.”

Tara pointed, it was already on the end of the bath.

“Oh,” Willow said. “Well, good. Umm. Give it to me.”

Obediently Tara bent forwards, picked it up and held it out to her far-too-triumphant girlfriend.

“Ha,” Willow said as she took it.

“Ha?”

“Ha. Ha you… don’t get to thwart my will.”

“Thwart?” Tara just had to ask. Who said that?

“It’s in the book,” Willow said, putting the razor aside and tossing the manuscript to where she’d been sat a moment before.

“So… lots of sex in there?” Tara asked, wondering whether she’d have to give it a go or not. After all, it was Dawn’s and she did have to be supportive of their young friend’s efforts to develop herself as a writer. Even when… well, it hadn’t all been that great.

“Lots. I… I don’t think that Sara and Tilly could be in the same place as long as we’ve been in here and not get more than naked,” Willow replied.

“More than naked?”

“Intimate,” Willow said as she unsnapped her bra and stepped out of her underwear.

“Now where do you suppose she got an idea like that?” Tara asked, reaching to run a wet finger along her lover’s thigh.

Willow shook her head vigorously. It wasn’t all that shook. “I have no idea. It’s not like – when she was with us – we were all nympho was it?”

“I don’t know,” Tara said after a moment’s thought. “I really don’t have anything to judge it on apart from being with you. I mean, just because we didn’t wait past our second – horrible-monster-chasing-us – date doesn’t mean we’re easy does it?”

“I’d say not,” Willow agreed.

She’d been about to get in the tub when Tara waved at the bound stack of paper they’d been talking about. She knew they could get it from Dawn on email and it wasn’t like it was more than a printout anyway. Nothing to spoil by bringing it with her.

“But I have to admit,” Willow added, “maybe back then, we weren’t much beyond lick, rub, kiss.”

“I wouldn’t be disappointed if that was all we were now,” Tara replied, taking the book from Willow and started to flick the pages open, the water on her fingers soaking into the cheap paper, but the ink held.

As was her way, Willow sat on the edge of the bath, just her feet in the water to get used to the heat. It wasn’t even that hot by now, but that was just how she chose to get in. Tara ran her toes up and down her lover’s leg while she had the chance, in a moment they’d be up her sides.

“Do you know what I thought?” Tara asked, flicking pages to what appeared to be the first time Sara and Tilly hooked up. Not a laundry room, fortunately. On the other hand they were at college, since it appeared to be a dorm room. Which was weird, when there’d been mention of a High school locker room. Was there time travel going on or something? But that would imply a plot…

“When?”

“The first time,” Tara said.

“I’m sure you told me.”

“’There’s good eating on one of those?’” Tara said.

“Huh?” Willow demanded, more than a little shocked.

“No,” Tara corrected. “That’s what she’s written. ‘There’s good eating on one of those’? Who… do people say things like that? Or is it just a cheap joke that kind of fits with what’s going on?”

Willow shrugged this time. “See? Now what was it you thought – that first time?”

“I wouldn’t have minded if I died then and there,” Tara said. “Because at least I’d been with a hot girl first. Then, when you started on me… Then I knew I minded very much, because damn I wanted that to go on and on.”

Willow grinned, splashed her. “And it did.”

“And it did,” Tara agreed and turned to the final page. “Hmm, there’s a dedication here. Did you see this?”

“Shouldn’t that be up front?” Willow asked as Tara sighed. “Isn’t that traditional and all?”

Tara shook her head. “We’ve been had.” She started to quote. ‘For my favourite Sara and Tilly. Gotcha.’ She wrote it all just to tease us?”

“And we fell for it, hook, line and sinker,” Willow admitted. “But who does that? What sort of crazy person sits there and writes stories that must take hours and hours, all to get a single laugh out of it at the end that you won’t even see? Hasn’t she heard of limericks? Short, to the point, often amusing and probably sometimes featuring leprechauns.”

“Writers,” Tara said with a shrug. “They have no life, so they write about other peoples’.”

“That must be it,” Willow agreed and slipped fully into the tub opposite her, stretching out her legs. “Now, if only someone could read about what’s about to happen.”

Tara grinned. “Less comedic and more erotic?” she asked hopefully.

“Definitely.”

“Kiss, rub, lick?” she questioned further.

“Could be… could be.”

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:53 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

ha, thanks for saving me from this boring training at work!! really funny!!

and Dawnie has a lot of free time...

My Heart Draws a Dream
True Colors of Love
A Crazy Little Thing Called Mutation

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:35 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Hey Nue. Thanks.

I think avoiding boring training at work (isn't training at work always boring? We all already know how to do what we need to do so everything is boring...) is the most practical use my stories have been put to :)

About Dawnie... might not have been her who wrote it, but then it had to be someone where I wouldn't go... eww. And Anya doesn't have the patience for writing LOL.

Just like to say by the way, I'm not having a go at any writers here on the board with this. Even those who use 'the hacker'! It's a taste thing, these are (my version of) W/T tastes... The leather sex in the kitchen thing, yes... that came from beta I was given to read. Larger breasted... that's all me and avoiding stuff like that. The hacker, I've never done personally. But like 'the blonde' it's a classic hereabouts.

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:32 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great story.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:41 am 
23. Volumey Text

Thanks SJ :)

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:07 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
I can see Willow "actively reading" that way, those reactions to the wording and content. She has her persnicketty side and we love it. Likewiswe Tara beign the slightly devilish supporto-gal.

But, okay, guy reaction here, I guess, it's hard to see Dawn, as an adult, showign *this* kind of w riting to two people who had been like parents to her at times. Still, I udnerstnad, you wanted a familiar name.

Kind of glad there are no dimensional gates between the "Ourverse" and these various Buffyverse. I can imagien W&T looking at soem of the fics here and . . . well, let's just say that being turned itno an artichoke isn't a risk I would enjoy taking :-).

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:32 am 
2. Floating Rose

:clap Well done, I can totally picture everything you wrote about our girls in my mind. I enjoy you writing as my girl does as well. We hope you continue to write sweetie!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:44 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 2
You just gave me idea's for my own love life ~blushes~

very well done, and loved it!

A Proposal Plan, A Star's Second Chance
Finey_McFine's Fan club http://finey-mcfinefanclub.webs.com/

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13
http://www.astronsoulfanfictions.com/
http://astronsoulfanfic.tripod.com/twilight/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:41 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Oooh, blast from the past... Thanks astronsoul. Glad you liked it. Even better if it was *cough* inspirational.

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:36 pm 
5. Willowhand

:blush Kathryn, I'll let you know how it goes, with those idea's.
I am very much into getting things ready for one of them.

Anywho, come with an update, I am dying for an update!!!! :dumbo

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:55 am 
23. Volumey Text

Title: Lesbian Gay Type Women in Love – Exceptional
Feedback: Constructive criticism is always welcome. Flames just demonstrate you have a tiny mind.
Spoiler Warning: Probably none, and why the hell do we need to worry about this years after the show went off the air? Suffice it to say nothing bad ever happened to our girls.
Distribution This story was written for Pens. Pens is its home. No archiving off Different Coloured Pens (This applies to all my W&T fic)
Summary: Willow goes off on one… this time she’s watching TV. In bed. Yeah, that’s gonna be popular with her better half.
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the copyrights or anything else associated with BTVS. All rights lie with the production company, writers etc, etc. I am making zilch from this series of stories. You know the drill. Any other music, video, film or TV show that is mentioned by name or suggestion – the same deal goes for those too.
Rating: Caution for frolics and suggestiveness, but nothing too out there.
Notes: Okay, so I was doing a quick ‘Find’ on Pens front page and by chance came across this old thread of mine which Astronsoul had pushed up the board earlier this year. So, being as I have no memory for what I actually write I took at look at the last part that I wrote – the one that poked a little fun at writing including myself – and what can I say? I was… inspired. This had been fun for the sake of being fun and another obvious target presented itself. Music, the media…
A lot has changed since the girls were, well, the girls and it was ripe for some sort of Willowesque commentary. Whether it’s on the nail or not I’m not sure, I’m not a devoted watcher of US TV and certainly not up to speed on music videos but hey, I read After Ellen so… that’s enough, right?
At least that was what I intended this to be about. In the end it became more about Willow, her thought processes and teasing some delicious reassurance out of Tara. Don’t take her too seriously, she’s just just being Willow – wanting to be special. But that’s no bad thing, right?
Thanks To: Astronsoul for dragging it up the board as mentioned above and my own, private Mod Biatch for sorting my old fic out :whip

Lesbian Gay Type Women in Love

Exceptional

By

Katharyn Rosser

“So here’s my - ”

Tara, getting ready for bed, heard something from the bedroom but couldn’t quite make out what the woman already there was saying to her.

Between the TV, the toothbrush in her mouth and the wall that kept the en suite bathroom from being ‘too much information’ Willow was more than a little muffled. Which was fine, because Willow was more than just a little muff.

Hmm, now there was a funny that – one day – she might have to use.

“What was that, love?” she poked her head back around the door, trying not to grin at her own joke.

Willow hadn’t made much of an effort with the bed - which still bore the crumples of the past hour or so since an early night had felt like a really attractive idea.

It wasn’t the only thing that bore the marks; she peered down her night dress at the perfect imprint of Willow’s teeth.

Willow wasn’t even looking at her; she was looking at the TV instead. Which was neither romantic nor sexy, despite the fact that her girl was still naked and not doing much to hide it. And so thinking of muff as she had been…

“Huh?”

“You said something? You said ‘so here’s my – something’?” Tara asked, brushing more slowly, not wanting to get toothpaste on a carpet that wasn’t theirs. The B&B had seemed like a nice place, though since they’d arrived – thanks to inclement weather – there hadn’t been much opportunity to get out.

You’d have thought Maine in the rain would be boring as well as rhyming rather well. Surprisingly not so. But then they had brought their own fun and so far it hadn’t involved writing poetry.

“Oh, yeah. So, here’s my thing – I mean, that’s what I said – I said ‘here’s my thing’.”

“No, love,” Tara assured her. “I washed it; put it back in the velvet bag in the case?” The looks they’d gotten when they checked in had been confirmation that two women in the same room – they’d been asked if they wanted separate beds – was uncommon enough here. Let alone if the maid found… well, ‘things’ lying around when she came in. The rainbow stripes didn’t exactly blend into the background…

“Not that thing! Which is actually your thing, if we want to get technical about it.” Willow was moving deliciously and exposing more of herself than she’d probably intended to. “Come on, Tara, I know I’m usually a good lay, but you really have to get your mind out of the gutter.”

Tara smiled at the teasing.

“So you have a thing,” she said around the toothbrush, needing to spit but Willow had a thing and that had to find its way to the surface or there’d be another conversation at two a.m.

“You might want to finish up,” Willow said.

“Oh, it’s that kind of thing?”

“Yeah, it’s a long – Look, can we stop calling it a thing? That’s way too phallic for my tastes. And yes, it’s a not-a-thing that might take a while. Go spit.”

Tara did as she was bidden, finishing off her teeth and then trotting over the thick carpet and slipping into a bed that just… well, it just reeked of them. Shampoo, perfume, sweat… other scents. Impressive, considering they’d only arrived today.

Assured that they actually were the only guests and had the floor to themselves they hadn’t really held back from expressing themselves. Expressing themselves as a couple. Willow’s enthusiasm had helped her past her natural reticence for being so intimate in a place they didn’t know.

And Willow had been very enthusiastic.

“You had a thing,” Tara said, lying on her side and wondering why naked, freshly orgasmic Willow hadn’t wrapped around her yet. But her lover/best-friend/soon-to-be-wife was propped up with the remote in hand. Not even when Tara slipped a hand over her bare belly – where she’d left a tooth imprint of her own – did Willow give her much of a response.

“Yeah, well… Look at this.” Willow gestured at the TV.

“Music videos.”

“Not just music videos.” She flipped a few channels.

Tara had to admit she wasn’t detecting a theme or even much of a tune. “Maine TV bothers you?”

Willow looked at her, apparently utterly serious. “Baby, I don’t feel exceptional anymore.”

Tara waited for more, didn’t get it and blinked. “Huh?”

“I don’t feel exceptional. There, I said it.”

“Umm, after what we just did?” That’d been pretty exceptional. She couldn’t imagine anyone but Willow coaxing her that… high. Not that way…

“Well, yeah. I’m an exceptional lover to you. I mean, duh.”

“You really are,” Tara said, snuggling up but still a little disappointed not to find more than an arm looping around her, absently playing with the hair she’d teased back into some semblance of not looking like stereotypically ‘bed head’ After all, you never knew when the fire alarm was going off – which was why both their clothes were laid out ready for that kind of emergency.

Naked in the rain might be fun, but in the middle of the night in a Maine B&B carpark? Not so fun.

“Glad you noticed,” Willow said. “But… I’m not exceptional. Actually we’re not exceptional.”

“No,” Tara said. “We’re exceptional. We are. I checked at www-exceptionalwomeninlove-dot-com. We were right there. Top of the exceptional list.”

“No,” Willow said. “We’re not. We’re… baby, we’re mainstream.”

“Is this because we’re getting married?” Tara asked, just a little suspicious. She’d always thought that Willow had secretly liked the ‘living in sin’ part of their current arrangement. The more sin the better when it came to subverting the moral choices that denied people like them their rights.

“No, I mean, no but yes – in a way. Maybe. I guess… I think us getting married is just one part of it. I know you want to get married,” Willow said, “because, hey it’s me. And I guess I feel that way about you too.”

“You’re gonna feel my fist if you keep up with that,” Tara threatened, fully aware of what she was setting up.

“Here? Baby, do you think we should?” Willow grinned and Tara thumped her fiancée gently in the stomach, sending Willow into an exaggerated reaction. “So you want to hear this or not?”

“I definitely want to know what our marriage, a wonderful and sacred commitment of our love has to do with your reaction to being – what did you say? Mainstream?”

“Okay, here it is… we’re… mainstream.”

“You said that already.”

“Well there it is. I hate to break it to you love but, we’ve been out there. We’ve been proud. And now… we’re mainstream. When we got together was there a lesbian on TV?”

“Plenty.”

“But we didn’t know it, now look!” Willow flicked channels a couple of times to find a couple of women grinding against each other in a music video.

“Umm, okay.”

“Baby, when you were growing up if you’d have seen that what would you have thought?”

“Tune sucks. It’s all beat.”

Willow looked at her. Significantly.

“Okay, yeah… models grinding. I guess I’d have been…”

“You’d have been excited. Its okay, you can admit it.”

“I’d have found it interesting,” Tara said. “I’ll give you that. And I might’ve been inspired to buy myself some black underwear and have more interest in grinding…” She twisted her head as the image started to rotate. Or was it the models? Maybe the bed.

“See… and that was just flicking channels. Let me go again…” She tried again, four or five more flicks and then she stopped. “Look. Here! A soap. Girls kissing.”

“Yeah?”

“Kissing!”

“Okay… I think I’m missing your point.”

“We – lesbians I mean, we’re everywhere now.”

“Not on style and makeover shows,” Tara pointed out. Those were a weakness of Willows.

“Well, duh, the gay guys have got that whole market sown up and lets face it, they have that whole fabulous thing so what do you expect?”

Tara had to admit that one, they had plenty of gay, lesbian and straight friends, but if you graphed them – Willow might just do that if she didn’t agree right now – the ‘fabulous quotient’ was right where you’d expect it to be. Stereotypes had to come from somewhere after all…

“Fantasy and sci-fi though,” Willow said. “I can’t find a show right now, but… lots of lesbians there.”

Tara had to give her that much. “Though we’re often still waiting for ‘the right guy’ – so not exactly ‘lesbians’ at all - or could be evil.”

“I’ll give you that, but who doesn’t like an evil, lesbian queen? I mean, come on…” Willow argued.

“Okay, but fantasy’s always had that, I mean look at vampires,” Tara said. “The fictional ones I mean. They’ve always had that going for them – right back to the early days. So… I don’t think that’s helping your case, love.”

“Tough cops,” Willow said, flicking channel. “Especially ones wearing suits with pants instead of skirts. Or denim, denim’s good – you know, if they’re undercover.”

“Uhuh.”

“Okay,” Willow said. “So we don’t know they’re into girls – often the Assistant District Attorney or other cops – but we don’t know they’re not either.”

“No, come on,” Tara replied. “That’s just wishful thinking. And grinding girls in music videos, you know as well as I do that they’re just doing it for the guy with the camera or whatever. I can pass on all of this – even evil queens with a thing for innocent red-heads.”

“There are real characters though, I mean – women who are supposed to be into other women. Teenagers, old women, everything in between. And yes, sometimes that includes women grinding in music videos and… oh, that’s kind of… you’d never have seen that on TV when we were growing up.”

Tara rolled her eyes. Willow was off on one of her little theories and there really was no stopping the tide once it started to come in. But… you could help direct it. Channel it, so to speak.

“Okay, I’ll give you that, love. That is certainly something I’d never have seen on TV when I was growing up.”

“What would you have done if you had?” Willow asked, a wicked grin spreading over her face.

“Turned it off real quick, before Daddy saw it.”

“Really quick? Or might you linger a moment?” Willow asked.

“You, lover, have a filthy mind.”

“I promise not to be jealous… So come on, young teenage lesbian, growing up miles from the city. Surely something like this would’ve been… I don’t know how to put it…”

Tara picked up the baton; it seemed the fastest way to get them to sleep tonight. “I think you mean ‘motivational’?”

“You said it.”

“I supplied the word, not an admission.”

“Oh, come on.”

“I was a good girl!”

“You’re not trying to tell me that you went from good girl to second-date-laundry-room-thank-everything-we-survived-sex in one easy move, are you?”

“Willow!”

“What?!”

“We’re so not having this conversation.”

“You knew what that Divinals song was about, didn’t you?” Willow challenged, teasing her physically as well as verbally now.

And so Tara just had to fight back. When you were ‘fighting’ Willow it was always best to play her at her own game. “Well, just because you didn’t pay attention to the lyrics…”

“I was innocent until I met you,” Willow teased, all naked and sultry and… the very definition of not being innocent. In fact this was Willow at her most sultry.

“Oh, please.”

“I was. Until I met you, I was naïve enough to think that I knew who I was.”

“That’s not the same as innocent,” Tara pointed out. “And you want to talk about innocent?” She pointed to her chest. “Never been kissed, baby. Never been kissed until you.”

“Maybe, but you were all with the touching yourself!”

“In what universe?” Tara asked. “You’re telling me that if I had watched music videos like this – which I didn’t because they didn’t exist – then I’d have been - ”

“Motivated,” Willow supplied.

“Motivated to – to – to do that thing?”

“Come on, love, you can say it.”

“I know I can say it,” Tara said. “I know that. But this is a nonsense discussion. I didn’t see music videos like that so I didn’t go there.”

“But if you had?”

“Then – then – I suppose, maybe, I’d have been more… motivated. But honestly, I don’t – this isn’t my kind of music. And I’d have been more concerned with the objectification.” So there. Lets get that right out there. She didn’t think Willow was saying these videos were a force for good, but she certainly wasn’t saying there was anything wrong with them.

“Maybe this is a bad example then,” Willow said, “but this is what I’m saying. We’re everywhere now. Lesbians… I… When I joined up, I was exceptional. Now I’m just… ‘Oh, you two are together. That’s cool. Getting married?’ I’m only exceptional if I drive to a state where I can get married?”

“You’re exceptional if you forget to take me with you,” Tara pointed out.

“Ha-ha.”

“The Divinals weren’t singing about a solo-marriage,” she said.

“So you do know the song! Ha!”

Tara sighed. “We already established that.”

“But I got you to admit it,” Willow said, triumphant.

“Maybe you’re just exceptional and I can’t resist you?” Was this really all about Willow wanting to be exceptional?

“Well, duh. I’m serious though,” her lover said, flicking stations until she found something else that interested her. “Really. We’re like – we’re like the diversity card. Every new show or movie must have the token ethnic character, the token gay – or at least a character that they can make gay later – probably bi-sexual… I mean, isn’t there just a plague of bi-sexuals now?”

“I think plague is a bit harsh,” Tara said.

“There’s lots!”

“But you can’t call it a ‘plague’!” That was her point.

“Oh, right that could be taken the wrong way – yeah but – if lesbians are more obvious, then bi-sexuals are… they’re like the new straight.”

Tara knew she was going to regret asking but Willow was obviously waiting for her to. “Go on…”

“Bi-sexuals are like – it’s easy. You need representation, then go get a bi character off the shelf. Maybe you can just refer to it in passing, while hooking them up with the opposite sex most of the time. That’ll get the homo-audience on your side. But – and I ask you – where are all the bi-boys?”

“So now you’re saying there’s not enough representation - ?”

“No, I’m saying there’s an explosion of bi-girls and lesbians. That show about LA lesbians with impossible houses and no jobs that’d really pay for them – at least not jobs they actually seem to do - you know the one I mean?”

“Yes, I know the one you mean - ”

“You think that would’ve happened when we were growing up?” Willow asked.

Tara sighed, wondering what this was really about. Because it sounded less like the state of the media and more and more like ‘when I was a girl.’ “Sure you’re not just getting old?”

“No!” Willow protested. “I am not getting old and besides, I’m younger than you.”

“So now you’re saying I’m getting old.”

“You wear it well,” Tara’s lover insisted. “We can smooth out the wrinkles and dye out those grey hairs.”

“Ha ha,” Tara said, certain that at least the latter was an exaggeration. “Seriously though, that’s the way it sounded to me. You, my dear, are one step away from saying ‘Kids today…’ and you’re not even thirty.”

“I don’t know,” Willow said. “I spent so much of my life not knowing who I was and then I did know who I was and I thought I was pretty cool for having worked it out - ”

“You had help,” Tara pointed out, just a little smug about her part in that.

“I think that’s actually called ‘a seductress’ but think of it as ‘help’ if you prefer.”

Tara chuckled, who’d been seducing whom? Huh? Seemed to her that Willow’s sheer presence in that room had been all she needed to forget who she was, why she was there and all about the magic that she’d been disappointed wasn’t in use. It’d let her devote her attentions to another – unfamiliar – kind of magic. One between them. “Seductress is a good thing, right?”

“I should say so,” Willow agreed. “But anywho, I was doing so well, I’d come out to everyone who mattered, I had you - ”

“You’ve still got me.”

“I’ve got you,” Willow stressed, “that’s what I said. I’ve got you. So just when I start getting into how ‘right’ all this, how exceptional I really feel – not only to know who I am but to find the person I’m supposed to be with – and the world’s suddenly flooded with lesbians. Or at least with women who do… that sort of thing in rap videos.” She twisted her head again.

“You’re not seriously comparing yourself to those girls?” Tara asked, very tempted to use another, less polite, word for them. But they were just images on a screen, two girls – actually three, no four girls – doing a job and getting paid for it.

“No,” Willow said, “They have boobies. More boobies, I mean.”

“There are four of them, I think.”

“I meant, bigger. And I’m pretty sure it’s three.”

“I love your boobies,” Tara promised her, kissing one to make the point and perhaps distract from a discussion that seemed to be wandering all over the place.

“Thank you, baby,” Willow said, “but that’s really not the point.”

“I’m struggling with the point,” Tara said, “I really am.” Still, if she licked it, that might help.

“I don’t know… like I said, I just don’t feel… I don’t feel it’s ‘just us’ any more.”

“You want we should stop going out with our friends?” Tara wondered, knowing that wasn’t what Willow meant at all. Her girlfriend hadn’t thought through that sort of implication. Every so often, not so often after they’d just been loving each other up, the pressure cooker that was Willow’s mind had to let off some steam.

This was the result.

“No! No! I mean – All I mean, all I want is…? It’s not like I’m against visibility – I’m all yay for visibility even if that sort of visibility probably isn’t helping.”

“Says the naked girl in the bed.”

“Ha ha. Is it a bad thing to want to keep being exceptional though?” Willow asked. “To miss when it almost felt it was just us? I mean, we got along okay. We had each other and we had friends, maybe not gay friends but we had friends. And… we watched TV. We weren’t sitting there – well, like we are now. But… Exceptional?”

“You are,” Tara promised her. “You’ve got me.”

“Well, yeah. But you could have anyone you fluttered those pretty blue eyes at,” Willow moaned, not really meaning that either.

“And just how many people have you ever seen me flutter them at.”

“Just me.” Now that was rather perkier.

“See, exceptional.”

“But - ”

“Lover, what did you do last month?” Tara asked, having a brainwave. Willow wanted to be exceptional, well yay. Now she knew one way she could prove it.

“I don’t know what you mean,” Willow said even though she obviously got it.

“Yes, you do. What did you do last month?” They both knew, but Willow saying it could only be a good thing right now.

Her girl’s voice dropped. “I sent you on ahead when we moved so that I could U-Haul across to move in with you,” Willow said. “And how stereotypical is that? After mullets, that’s the big-ole-gay-gal stereotype.”

“Uh-uh,” Tara shook her head. “Not many people do that deliberately, just so they could say that they’d done it. That is truly exceptional. Unique. All Willow. Quirky.” She was proud of the last word. Willow loved to be seen as quirky.

“I guess… It’s not about me… You know what, Tara?”

“What?”

“This is a really ill-thought out argument I’m having with myself, isn’t it?”

“Absolutely.”

“There’s no truth at all, in anything I’m saying. I want it both ways…”

“It’s exceptional that anyone could be so self aware,” Tara agreed happily now that Willow saw her point of view. “That you can admit that. Also, if you want exceptional, you can’t carry a tune. At all. In no way. You’re exceptionally bad at singing.”

“When did this become about listing my faults?” Willow asked.

“But there are so few,” Tara replied. “So very, very few. Remember, self-aware is a good thing. We just decided that.”

“Well you… you… you sing after you give me an orgasm,” Willow accused, just a little feebly.

“That’s really the best you can come up with?” Tara asked. And yes, guilty as charged. Not like, in bed, but later when she was still in her happy place. Guilty as charged.

“It’s hard!” Willow complained. “You make it so hard… you’re so beautiful and scrumptious and totally edible and perfect, oh damn you, Tara Maclay.”

With her lover snuggled up against her to make her point, Tara actually felt guilty as charged. Up until Willow, not a one of those things had ever crossed her mind about herself. Except in the negative sense – qualities she didn’t have. Willow Rosenberg was a game changer alright.

Never. Been. Kissed.

There’d barely been a day since that they didn’t get to much more than kissing. “Can we turn the TV off now?” she asked.

“You want to get frisky again?” Willow asked hopefully. And she knew full well that hopeful Willow was adorable…

“Look what happened the last time,” Tara replied, but she was mellowing to the idea.

“But I’d love to hear you sing.”

“What, again?”

“I like to hear you sing, there’s nothing wrong with that. You have a wonderful… voice.”

“You’re exceptionally transparent too,” Tara told her. It was late, they were both tired after a day of… well, after a day, but somehow she thought it wouldn’t take much for Willow to talk her into it.

So long as she didn’t get sweaty again, after all she’d just showered and she did like to go to bed fresh.

“I am transparent when it comes to you,” Willow replied. “But am I really?”

“Sweet lady,” Tara said, slowly kissing her way down her girl’s torso. “There’s no one like you. Would you like me to count the ways?”

“Mmm?”

Tara counted them off on her fingers, between kisses. “You’re a red-haired - that’s one – Jewish – that’s two – lesbian – that’s three – witch and that’s four. Just how much more exceptional do you want to be? How small a part of the population do you want to be?”

“Ohhhh,” Willow said. “I’m really, really good with that exceptionality… really good. That’s really, really exceptional.”

“Excellent,” Tara replied with a wicked smile before she applied her lips and tongue to the task. She hadn’t been holding her fingers up in the air when she was counting those factors off.

Not at all.

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Re: Lesbian Gay Type Women in Love (New Standalone 09/27/11)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:50 pm 
5. Willowhand

Dibs

This is totally Willow, seeing something but not seeing something, of course getting into a odd discussion with Tara. Very one sided, very amusing seeing Tara go 'what in the world' while listening to her woman go on about exceptional. Good thing Willow comes to th realization that this was just stupid, however both are always exceptional.

Very cute and definitely put a smile on my face!!

Great Job!

AstronSoul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:28 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

2 Katharyn updates, for 2 different stories on the same day? You are totally spoiling us!! I love the update (especially the way Tara counted off her points at the end of the story). I get what Willow was saying. Today's television is so saturated with Gays and Lesbians that she feels like she's just another number, instead of being a part of a community that is unique. Now, she went around the mulberry bush about ten times to many to get her point across. But, that was just her Willow-esqe way of processing.

I wonder how mainstream she would have felt after hearing the news report where Leisha Hailey, Alice from the L word, says that she was escorted off a southwest flight for kissing her girlfriend.

ps. Thank you Astronsoul for providing the proper motivation!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:16 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
Read all these in one sitting and love 'em!

Quote:
“No,” Willow said. “We’re not. We’re… baby, we’re mainstream.”

The fact that this is such a Willow-y concern, combined with her teenage self's dress sense, I am absolutely sure that if BtVS was remade, Willow would be a hipster.

"Friendship is obviously magic. Love is a sorta super strong friendship. We gay people love so hard we broke 'Social Norm'. Ergo, we gay people are ultra-strong wizards."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:39 am 
23. Volumey Text

Two confessions to make about this last one.

1) I totally meant to have a go at a alt-universe How I Met Your Mother which would probably have been kind of meta LOL. Still it might be the only way I make a Lily/Robin hook up happen! Forgot about that...
2) Part of Willow's 'self-discovery' towards the end, her understanding how daft she can sound sometimes is as much about me making sure she doesn't appear to resent visibility/community etc... not at all. It's just Willow. She wants top marks. She wants to be first. Oh, and Tara. She wants Tara...

Hey faolan, welcome and hi.

Thanks for reading and letting me know you did :) Very much appreciated. Esp. since you liked them!

I think Willow will always be... quirky. It's a good word and applies to many of us at one time or another - but Willow, especially will be quirky. I never saw her as hipster, but... I can see what you mean. Thanks again.

SMGOVAN - Yeah, 2 updates. See what you have to bear in mind is that I finished significant work on Sidestep 3 a while ago now. All I am doing is final read throughs and a few changes. So this was my Tara and Willow fix... just happened to be same day :)

Do you know, I never planned the counting. It really was going to be fingers in the air. Then I read what I'd written and thought 'Wait a minute... missed opportunity!'

I felt a little bad when I read your comment about saturated TV... because I'd TOTALLY gone there, but that takes no account of how few QUALITY LGBT figures there are on TV.

I put all this down and actually, we're still crying out for good characters. Characters who don't have to be all about their sexualities, but are well-written, true to themselves and their desires and - if the subject comes up - yes, they're LGBT. So although Willow sees them everywhere (and I can if I look obviously - in truth so many are personified by the girls in the rap videos...)

Wow, sorry but... yeah, I was worried about that. Take it as a piece of fun and its easier all around :) Plus this is Willow's perception, not mine :)

As for the airline thing... two stories, one of which I choose to believe and one of which I don't. Playing devils advocate I could say that airlines and their staff don't tolerate being argued with AT ALL these days. So I can see how it could blow up after the initial (stupid) comment/request being made by the airline staff. That's just devils advocate though, I choose to believe Leisha's perception of things entirely but... I imagine I could get escorted off a plane for refusing to do practically anything they said...

Thanks

Astronsoul - This one didn't motivate you to try anything? :)

You've nailed what this was partly about too. It can't be easy being the quieter one in a relationship with Willow. I play that role here at home and - though I give my better half a certain amount of WTF moments - its easy to sit back, listen and go... wow, just how do we fit together when you can come up with all this?

Glad it gave you some cheer :)

Thanks,
Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:30 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 1
This is so cute and funny. I adore Willow’s “exceptionally” quirky brain. My fav line:

Quote:
"It’s hard!” Willow complained. “You make it so hard… you’re so beautiful and scrumptious and totally edible and perfect, oh damn you, Tara Maclay."

These two would rarely, if ever, have a dull moment, eh?

On a more serious note: Willow and Tara still hold THE top honor for being the best and truest lesbian relationship on TV. IMHO. Sadly, society has a long way to go before Willow can truly consider her “gayness” mainstream. But.. small steps are better than no steps.

I sure wouldn't mind more of these little vignettes!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:28 pm 
23. Volumey Text

I don't disagree... and not helped by the fact that occasional shows that may have potential in that regard inevitably get cancelled (not that I am claiming there is a relationship there, most things get cancelled if they're not about singing badly or dancing...)

As for more... I would think so. But occasional. Not every few days!

Thanks

Katharyn

Chance in *Chance*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:45 pm 
23. Volumey Text

It would be fair to say I'm not entirely happy with what follows. It set out to be one thing, turned into another and then another, doing none of those things very well. But here it is, the story drove itself and I a but the writer. It still deserves to see the light of day.

Enjoy

Katharyn.

Title: Lesbian Gay Type Women in Love – Facilities
Summary: Willow and Tara get involved in a campaign
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the copyrights or anything else associated with BTVS. All rights lie with the production company, writers etc, etc. I am making zilch from this series of stories. You know the drill. Any other music, video, film or TV show that is mentioned by name or suggestion – the same deal goes for those too.
Rating: Caution for frolics and suggestiveness, but nothing too out there. It doesn’t get too graphic, despite getting into the sexytime…
Notes: As I am pretty sure I mentioned before, I choose to accept – for this series at least – the Sassette version of how things went in ‘Hush’. See her wonderful Vignettes series which includes one where Tara and Willow absolutely get it on, on the floor, in the laundry during that episode – even though Willow busts her ankle just before it. The case was made, its accepted and it’s the basis of this comedy part. So, with that explained, something like that has consequences down the line I think…
Also, I’ve tended to default to observing Willow through Tara’s eyes quite a lot in many of my series/stories. This time we’re going to be in Willow’s head space. Naturally wackiness ensues.
Edited to add: This actually ended up going all romantic too… and for some reason I keep writing the girls married or getting that way, after years of not putting much store in the word (so long as the rights were there)… No, it’s not a hint to my SO!
Thanks To: Sassette for positing the idea that forms the foundation of this. I didn’t take the detail of what she did, but I just love the idea that those girls were so into each other, so fast that there was nothing else they could do and that everything else we saw about them was actually set in that context.

“Baby,” Willow said, leaning into her woman for a little privacy from the crowd that surrounded them. A good crowd, a good turnout all things considered.

“Hmm?” Tara asked, more of a noise than a question.

“I don’t think I’m exactly… sanguine about this.” That was something that was going to demand more of a verbal response.

“Not sanguine about it?” Tara hissed back at her.

“Yeah, I mean – It means I’m not - ”

“I know what it means, sweetie, but this was your idea! We brought cookies and everything. How can you not be into it now?”

Oh, lots of reasons…

The first of which was a very clear fear of public speaking. Especially when – at less than thirty years old – she was playing the elder stateswoman. There should be a limit on that… how could that be allowed? She hadn’t even gotten out of her twenties yet and she was the face of ages past?

Now that just wasn’t fair.

She’d been dorky all the way through high school and just when she’d gotten over that, just when she’d become the cool, lesbian with the hot mama of a girlfriend, just when she was graduated and had a good job now she was an elder stateswoman?

And after all that… what could she say?

“Willow Rosenberg.”

Willow looked up as her name was spoken by the RA who was leading the meeting and Tara was prodding her in the leg. No more time to think about it. “Go on!”

“Now?”

“Willow Rosenberg?” her name was called again.

“Just imagine them all naked,” Tara suggested, backed up with one of her more wicked grins.

“Oh, gee, thanks baby. I needed that.” With further prodding from Tara – even when she was up on her feet - she excused-me’d her way up to the front of the group and faced them all. Not everyone was looking at her, some of them were having their own conversations, but those that were looking were expecting… something.

No pressure then.

“Hi, everyone, I’m Willow,” she said, giving them one of the little waves that always helped to break the ice.

Not naked.

Not naked.

Not naked.

Then her eyes came to rest on Tara and she really didn’t have to imagine her woman naked, she knew exactly what that was like – and that was the point, wasn’t it? This was all about getting to see Tara naked. And Tara making that ‘Oooooo’ face. And being with Tara and marrying Tara and everyone was looking at her. Waiting for her to say something that was worth hearing.

Were they imagining her naked? Well, at least one person probably was. One person who’d known exactly what she was going to be saying already.

One witch.

“Can I get a ‘hi’?” she asked when there wasn’t much response from the assemble college students.

A few, half-hearted, ‘hi’s’ sounded out across the room, and one quite loud one from right next to the seat she’d just vacated where Tara was just… beaming. Not a proud beam. Not a ‘great-you-got-over-your-fear-of-public-speaking’ beam. No, it was a mischievous beam.

She was going to have to watch out for that one. Definite troublemaker.

“It’s great to be here, great to be back. Great to be back in old-Stephenson Dorm! Can I get a ‘Yay Stephenson’?”

Silence. And not a single person – apart from the troublemaker of course – knew her here. That was what you got for being an elder-stateswoman. No one here had even graduated high school when she was throwing her hat in the air to celebrate getting her – first – degree.

And no, she didn’t feel old. Under thirty, thank you. That was what counted.

Over thirty, maybe she’d think about feeling old. Not yet though.

“Anyway, I’m really pleased that there’s been such a good turn out.”

“They promised cookies?” someone piped up. Willow was actually surprised it wasn’t Tara.

“Ah, I think – I think there are cookies at the end?” she explained and there were sighs all around.

The RA who’d introduced her – and had been very helpful in setting this up and getting them visitors passes to come back here to campus – nodded. The cookies they’d brought would be handed out at the end. The obvious thing had been explained to her, that offering cookies up front would see empty plates and very shortly after that an empty room.

“White chocolate?” Someone else called out.

“Uh – I don’t know – maybe.” Tara had picked them up so… she didn’t know. Now she was looking like she didn’t know what she was talking about and that wasn’t a good way to start.

“I don’t like white chocolate – I like oatmeal and raisin.”

“Snickerdoodle!”

“Guys, guys,” Willow held up her hands and tried to calm the exchanges of cookie favourites and pet hates. It wasn’t getting her very far though, they’d found something better to talk about than what she wanted them to engage in. Damn cookies…

All at once a piercing whistle interrupted everyone, stopping all the other discussions dead in their tracks.

“Umm, thanks,” she looked and saw Tara, grinning. Who’d known her girl had that kind of whistle in her? But then, she did have the lips and the tongue… was it really such a surprise?

‘My pleasure,’ Tara mouthed, and Willow knew that show of support had been all about getting her to actually speak, to get further into this event she’d dreamed up and now made happen.

“So – we’re all here for - ”

“Cookies!”

“We’re all here because we object to the proposal by the college to turn the laundry room here in Stephenson into a gym and have all of you guys and girls use the laundry room over between Hadley and Hope halls,” she explained and every word made their faces drop just a little further.

“That’s what this is?” The question was supposed to be a whisper, but somehow fell into one of those otherwise silent moments. Best to just ignore it. Stick with the prepared speech…

“I spotted this,” Willow said, “buried in the report that gets sent to all the graduates of the college. Me, I graduated back in two-thousand and two. Please don’t tell me what you all were doing back then, but that was me. And I have to say… I absolutely was horrified. It’s… It’s the Stephenson laundry. It shouldn’t be turned into anything, it needs to be left as it is.”

They were still waiting for the point, the reason she’d believe that.

“Can anyone tell me how many gyms there are on campus already?” she asked.

“Don’t you know?”

Dang, they’d caught that. “I… I didn’t hang out at the gym much,” Willow explained. “Me and physical exercise disagreed when I got my nose broken in dodgeball.” And what sort of example was that? Some of these guys and girls really looked like they needed to be in the gym. “Which isn’t to say it’s not important – exercise – I mean. It totally is. But there’s lots of gyms right?”

Enough affirmative noises indicated that there were a few, with estimates of the numbers ranging from three to five.

“And the point of a gym is to get exercise and you can get more exercise by walking a little further to get to one than you can by having another gym built in here!” That was a point that had just occurred to her, but damn it was a good one. Now if only she’d explained it better…

The other problem she had was more that she wasn’t sure she was actually convincing anyone.

“But I promised myself when I was thinking about what I’d say that I wasn’t going to argue a negative,” Willow said. “I’m not here to be anti-gym – even though any gym they built down there would be really tiny. No, I’m pro-laundry. I am pro-laundry, right here in this hall. Pro-laundry for you guys. Just for example, if you’ve been to the gym – what do you need to do?”

She waited. And waited. “Come on.”

“Laundry?” someone ventured, but it was more of a guess.

“That’s right, you need to do laundry. And so you see already why a laundry is important. Now, some of you freshmen and freshwomen – I love that word, women who are fresh – sorry, where was I – yeah, umm. Some of you are probably taking your laundry home to Mom and Dad every few weeks. Some of you might even be waiting the semester to do just that.”

Looking around she caught a few guilty looks.

“From the bottom of your roommate’s heart, please don’t do that. And you know that your screwing up chances of finding a soulmate the further you get into the semester and the fewer cool clothes you have left.”

“You know about cool clothes?” Again, it wasn’t Tara. The snickering didn’t extend to her girl either. Damn it.

“I’ll have you know this was definitely very cool when I was here,” she said. “And I still fit into it – without going to the gym. I’ll see you in a few years and see if you can say the same.”

Score! Even Tara was proud of her for that comeback. Okay, so it wasn’t snappy but a score was a score.

“Doesn’t have to be a soul mate,” she continued. “You think anyone likes to hook up with someone who’s worn the same shirt ten times? Or in a room full of stuff like that? No, guys – use the laundry. While you still have one…

“Another thing,” she continued, “you totally don’t want to be using a different laundry when someone’s left something bright red in the washer while you’re putting in your whites – true story – everything came out pink. Everything.”

“Don’t you like pink?” A very familiar voice asked the question.

“Yes,” Willow said cautiously, “I like pink. But here’s a tip, buy pinks – they can only get pinker. More for the girls, I suppose… But yeah, pink – where was I?”

“You had too much pink?” Tara supplied.

Willow glared. “Yes, that’s it – what I was saying was, when that happens, you want to know it was someone in your dorm. You want to know who you can go and talk to about it. You don’t want it to be some faceless person that you don’t know and will never meet and turned all your stuff pink.”

She could tell that this argument wasn’t exactly winning them over but also that her woman was hugely amused by the way things were going. Beautiful, lovable bitch that she was.

Maybe she was going to have to make this more personal, increase the stakes.

“I can see why you’d be wondering why this really matters so much I’d come back here after so long, just for a laundry room. You were wondering about that, right?” Please be wondering that.

“Tell us!” Tara coughed out from behind her hand.

Evil. Evil. Evil witch.

“Okay then, this laundry room – right under our very feet – changed my life. I went into it a girl… and I came out - ” Willow paused, hesitating to say that she came out a woman. That might well give too much away. Plus, she wouldn’t like to encourage the kind of behaviour she was thinking about.

Why would she? It was their place…

Anyone else doing what they’d done… that was just icky. Like you didn’t want to think about the bed that you had in dorms, who’d done what in there before you. And those who’d come after… Hmm, good thing she hadn’t explained that. Someone would’ve picked up on the slip, Tara for sure.

“I came out - ” Still struggling, she looked to Tara and this time found some sympathy, compassion and not a hint of teasing. She could just leave it there, in a very real way, she’d come out then. To herself…

“I came out different,” she said. “Actually, no I didn’t. I wasn’t different, I just came out knowing who I was.”

“From the laundry room?” a girl who wasn’t Tara asked.

“Funny how that can happen,” Willow replied. “That’s what’s so special about the laundry. I came out of there and… I knew who was. I knew what I had to do.”

‘Who, you had to do,’ Tara mouthed and blew her a kiss.

“It led me where I am today, happy with my partner who is – mostly – wonderful. We’re looking to get married and it’s all because we had a laundry room. Without that place… I don’t know where we’d be.”

“You met your partner there?” the question came from the floor.

“I figured out that I’d found her in there, yeah,” Willow said. “I decided what the feelings meant. I knew then what I know now, that we’d always be together. And I had clean clothes – let’s not forget the value of clean clothes because no one likes to be with someone whose stinky.”

Not that she was looking in any particular direction when she said that. In fact she was studiously avoiding looking in those direction. Or at Tara. Who was being bad, bad, bad… Sometimes it was too easy to forget what a wicked, wicked woman Tara could be – in addition to being hers, of course.

Her wicked woman.

“And girls,” a young woman called out from towards the back of the room, “if you don’t have a boyfriend – or a girlfriend - there’s always the spin cycle!”

Hoots of feminine laughter erupted at that suggestion and Willow felt herself turning bright red. No, no way she’d ever done that. At least not after Tara…

She struggled to make herself heard above the suddenly more animated room, but at least she’d finally got them back paying attention without Tara needing to whistle again. “Now I’m not claiming that you can all realise that the love of your lives is already in your lives when you visit the laundry – but you might find them there. There’s more time to talk while you’re watching your laundry go round and round, time to make a connection. Definitely easier than at the gym, right?”

“Or you can take advantage of the spin cycle!”

“Can’t you do that in a gym?” Someone else who wasn’t Tara asked. “Not the spin cycle, the connection.”

Of course, because that wasn’t Tara’s kind of question – and more importantly Tara was on her side. No matter how wicked she chose to be.

“Everyone wears iPods at the gym these days, who talks there anymore?” someone else answered for her.

“Yeah, I guess – and if you’re talking then you’re not even working hard enough.”

Willow who hadn’t been in a gym in years – apart from visiting a certain blonde hottie who’d injured herself and needed to work on her strength to get the leg fully recovered – just let them get on with it. They were talking themselves into why they should support her.

Just as Tara had said they would.

Naturally the blonde hottie in question – who looked remarkably good in lycra – sat there now looking smug. Tara had said exactly this, that she didn’t need all her speeches she’d been obsessing about for ages. She didn’t need the powerpoint with the cute animations and carefully mapped facts and figures. And now, she was right.

As she listened the mood turn anti-gym and pro-laundry, but she doubted that anyone here was as pro-laundry as she and Tara.

The whole meeting – brought together only through the promise of cookies – had turned into a self-motivated movement. Maybe it was the student need to rebel against the man, or maybe it was her oratory. Something amazing was happening there though…

Leaning over to her as they started to lay out the cookies, still marvelling at what was happening, the RA asked her a question. “Why are you so mad keen on preserving the laundry? Really?”

“You don’t think social opportunities, proximity and encouraging people to wash their clothes is enough?” Willow asked.

“Not to come all the way here, loaded with cookies, just for this, no,” he replied. “I mean if you don’t want to say anything that’s cool, but… I’d like to know.”

“Well,” Willow said. “It absolutely wouldn’t be anything like someone had their,” she coughed, “their first times on the floor in there. For sure that didn’t happen. And even if they had, they totally wouldn’t have still been with their girlfriends now planning to get married. That would never happen, would it?”

“No, I doubt it.” He grinned and went back to distributing their bribes.

-----------

“You witch,” Willow said as she faced Tara across the laundry room. “You little witch.”

The way she said it very much resembled how she might have said it if she’d been calling someone a bad word… Deliberately so. Tara needed to understand that the tricks that she’d been pulling hadn’t been okay.

Tara just grinned at her though.

“I can’t believe you did that to me.”

“What did I do?”

“You hung me out to dry, witch,” Willow said.

“Well, we were talking about the laundry,” Tara told her, absently fingering the visitor badges they’d both been given and hadn’t yet turned in. Given the subject matter, who couldn’t expect they’d like to pop down and visit the laundry room?

“Very good, very clever,” Willow said, determined to hang onto her anger for a little while yet. “I can’t believe you set me up, said those things while I was up front.”

“I didn’t come up with the worst things,” Tara said, slowly circling the benches and that ran through the centre of the room. “Or if I did, I kept them between you and me.”

Willow was circling too, keeping them on opposite sides as they moved.

“I can’t believe someone started talking about the spin cycle though,” she agreed.

“You’ve totally done that,” Tara said. “Haven’t you?”

“You don’t even deserve an answer to that,” Willow said. “Consider it just a small part of your punishment never to know.”

Like Tara couldn’t tell? But that didn’t mean she had to talk about it and give her girl the satisfaction. For all Tara knew it might’ve been right here – but it hadn’t been. The saddest day of her sixteen year old life had been when her Mom and Dad changed washers and got one that wasn’t so… energetic.

“What if I said I was sorry?” Tara said. They’d circled far enough now that Tara was back by the door.

“I’d say that just wasn’t good enough.”

“And what if I said I was right?”

“I’d have to admit it,” Willow conceded. “They did all get on board, but don’t let the accuracy of your estimation get in the way of how pissed I am at you.”

“You’re not pissed,” Tara said.

“Yes, I am.”

“No, you’re not.”

“Yes, I am.”

“No, you’re not.”

“You want to see?” Willow asked.

“Mmmn-mmmm?” Tara gestured, showing her openness.

Willow reached out, towards a soda machine that still had a dint in the side from the first time they’d been in here together. She flicked a finger and it flew across the door, blocking it entirely. “There, now we’re alone.”

“There was a time we had to help each other with that,” Tara said, obviously impressed with her magical muscle flexing. There was something that Tara wasn’t ‘sanguine’ about, casual use of magic but… this time she didn’t seem to mind.

“You think I need your help, witch?”

“You tell me.”

They resumed their circling and now it was a little more serious – Willow wanted to get her hands on the woman who wore her ring and Tara was eluding her, preventing that from happening. Some people just didn’t know when to quit when they were ahead.

“Come here,” Willow breathed, extremely grateful that no one had been down here actually doing laundry. How would they have gotten rid of them? Confidential laundry? Bribery?

Tara shook her head and Willow reached out again, this time towards Tara. A slight crook of her fingers and Tara slid forwards her. All the time their eyes were connected, she was lost in her lover’s gaze. Seeing the playfulness, the desire. And if she hadn’t already been so hot for this woman, that would’ve done it anyway. Infinite promise. Infinite possibilities.

“I think that’s verging on black magic,” Tara said, also in her husky, ever so sexy, voice now.

“Only if you were truly unwilling,” Willow said. Which Tara certainly wasn’t, just look into her eyes and anyone would know that.

They were a couple of feet apart now. Close enough that she could just reach out and… She hooked her fingers into the belt that held up Tara’s long skirt. It wasn’t the same outfit she’d worn that night, but it was the closest approximation from her current wardrobe.

Close enough.

Besides, this wasn’t going to be about a re-enactment. They’d both grown a lot since then. As women, as partners and as lovers. That nervous, hesitant and danger-fuelled reaction to imminent death – as well as their obvious attraction to each other – hadn’t been the best sex they’d had in their lives together. Far from it.

Important? Yes. Special? Certainly. Her single greatest memory aside from meeting Tara’s eyes the day before and just knowing? For sure.

But they didn’t need to re-enact that. They’d had plenty of experience together since then that was much better than that had been by any objective measure. You got… well, you got better as you spent time together. As you knew each other.

No, that was who they’d been then. This was who they were now. And the woman she was today wanted to fuck the woman Tara was today. Fuck her brains out. Something Tara deserved for everything she’d done tonight.

And Tara could pretend it wasn’t what she’d had in mind but… that wouldn’t be true now, would it?

Willow pulled her fiancée to her, forcing her lover to take a single step to her or risk overbalancing but left those fingers that had tugged at her right where they were.

“You got me,” Tara breathed.

“I got you a long time ago,” Willow replied, lowering her head to Tara’s neck, her bare shoulder. Kissing. Nuzzling.

“Yes. Yes, you did. Mmm, love…”

Tara’s voice trailed off as Willow turned her kisses into a playful bite, tugging on her girl’s ear and after that she whispered the things she was just about to do. It only provoked another moan.

And why not? She’d definitely be moaning if Tara had said those things to her – and she had – many times.

But this was just a little different. They’d not been here, for anything but laundry, since that first time together. Not even to wallow in the nostalgia of the place. They’d shared the knowledge, sat here quietly – watching their laundry - with other people who’d been commenting on the beat up shape of the vending machine. Knowing what’d happened to it.

What had happened against one of the washers… and on the bench….

Now they were back though and – if it was going to be made into a gym – she was determined that they were going to see the old place off. Properly…

“You do drive me wild,” Tara said softly to her.

“You’ve driven me wild tonight,” Willow agreed. “And you knew exactly what you were doing. Didn’t you?”

“Mmm.”

“Answer the question,” Willow said, flicking her fingers one more time and seeing Tara lift into the air, moving back to the top of the nearest machine. No spin cycle without putting in a couple of dollars and waiting an hour, but they’d make their own fun instead.

“Yes, yes I did,” Tara admitted, her legs slowly parting in invitation for Willow to go over and stand right there. “I knew what I was doing.”

“And you wore your boots,” she noticed, not having see Tara pack them – let alone put them on. Just went to show what long skirts and physical attractions that only drew the eyes upwards did for you. She didn’t even feel like a bad girlfriend for not noticing.

“That’s right.”

She walked up in front of Tara, now perched up on the machine.

“I couldn’t see them under your skirts,” she explained, not wanting to be that inattentive girlfriend. That’d only spoil what they had here. One night only – probably much less than a night since there was no need to hide out and – not unreasonably – some of those people they’d been talking to might actually want access for their laundry run.

Tara leaned forwards and whispered to her.

“Really?” Willow asked. Tara’s smile told her that it was entirely true that there wasn’t anything else under her skirts. At least not that came off. “You really were planning this. Well, I suppose I did lose them last time we were here. I made up for tossing them away, right?”

The article in question, slipping down the back of one of the washing machines… it hadn’t been worth risking the plumbing to move the machines and get them back. Besides, they’d been really, really tired.

“You made up for everything,” Tara promised her.

“But you clearly didn’t trust me not to do that again?” she asked, her fingertips moving up and down Tara’s bare arms and making the hairs stand on end and intending to.

“I thought maybe you’d appreciate my thoughtfulness.”

“You are thoughtful,” Willow agreed. “And occasionally, like tonight you still surprise me.”

She could tell Tara liked that, that – occasionally – she liked to break out of who people thought she was, who she should be. Willow knew better. Tara wasn’t a ‘good girl.’ She was a kind, considerate, thoughtful girl. But not a good girl.

Good girls didn’t lift up their skirts like that and practically beg to be pleasured. This girl, this woman, was more of a minx than anyone would ever know. You had to be with her to understand it and everyone else could back off and kiss her ass if they thought they could be with her.

There was only room for one.

“I had something else in mind,” Willow said, appreciating the view.

“Plenty of time for that,” Tara told her. “No one’s coming in here till we’re done…”

“No one’s coming in here till I’ve done you,” Willow corrected, slipping down to her knees while Tara positioned herself better on the edge of the machine. And the skirts had been a great idea, especially with the buttons Tara had already undone… it was like having their own, mobile blanket…

“So do me,” Willow’s lover moaned as she applied her lips and the tip of her tongue to the task.

Of course, knowing this was coming, building up the way they had been – anticipating - Tara was more than ready. Readier than any ‘good girl’ would have a right to be. So with Tara’s thighs pressed around her cheeks and ears – and the location - Willow was reminded of that first time, when the height of their intimacy had been Tara doing the same for her.

Neither of them had particularly known what they were doing, but that hadn’t stopped the same conclusion being reached. But they’d never made it more efficient, quicker or less of an experience. The fact that she knew what drove Tara wild now was a bonus to their intimacy, not a shortcut to the conclusion.

But it was a conclusion that was inevitable.

And hardly the end. In fact they’d only just begun. Willow didn’t allow one orgasm to even give her pause. She’d told Tara what was doing to happen and she intended to be true to her word. Straightening was a relief to her knees, the machine was a little too high off the ground to be anything but awkward, but it also gave them the chance to kiss again. Properly this time, Tara’s tongue finding hers and mimicking the use she’d just put hers to.

“Witch,” Willow breathed again, still filled with that sense of her lover’s most intimate place.

“You going to let me down?” Tara asked, scrabbling at her clothes. Not removing them, just gaining access to the goodies.

“I might,” Willow said, “but I’m not done with you yet.”

“Yeah, you said…”

“I said,” she agreed, encouraging Tara to slip off the machine, no magic required. “I’m kissing you now.”

So she did… They kissed again, but Willow pushed her lover back against the machine again, the lip pressing into the small of Tara’s back. Which was fine, because she could do everything she wanted to this way. Her hand drifted downwards, between Tara’s legs and she watched for the reaction as she slipped her fingers into the familiar territory of Tara’s sex.

The gasp. The pure desire. The flicker of the eyes from lust filled to pleasured and back again.

She’d promised. Tara wanted. So did she. It was a match made in heaven and despite the words of love, the kisses, there was no denying that she was fucking this woman too. Moving with her, each of them part exposed, but too preoccupied to actually care.

Later for undressing, when they got somewhere with a bed. For now it was the desire and the immediacy of their carefully planned need that was carrying them away – just as it had years ago. Nakedness and loving would follow later.

Just as it had years before, though probably not days later… she doubted that they’d wait any longer than it took to get back to the hotel.

“Say those words,” Willow demanded after she let go of Tara’s lip.

“Mmm,” was all Tara said, moving against her. And, lets not be forgetting, on her fingers.

Role reversal much?

“Say them,” Willow said.

“I – I want to be with you,” Tara gasped.

“Since I saw you, looking at me like that, I’ve not been able to get those eyes out of my mind. That little smile of yours.”

“You – you don’t – you’re not worried?” Tara asked, reciting words that they both knew so well, but hadn’t spoken since another night, right here.

“No one else matters,” Willow said. “No one but us. What we want. You want this don’t you, Tara?”

What she was doing with the pad of her thumb right at this moment would’ve guaranteed the answer even if emotion at the time hadn’t done.

“Yes!” Tara cried, “Yes, I want it. I want…”

Tara’s orgasm hadn’t been how it’d gone last time, at least not during that conversation and Willow had to admit that until she’d – well until she’d put her mind to a proper amount of research and practical theory application, that wasn’t something she’d gifted this woman.

Not for want of trying, but… it wasn’t something you picked up right away.

And Tara hadn’t even cared… She hadn’t cared so much that when it actually did happen, she’d actually cried afterwards. No tears here… It wasn’t like she was wanting for a ready source of sexual or emotional moisture though.

“I love you,” Tara said, face resting on Willow’s shoulder – her breathing laboured.

“Of course you do,” Willow replied, provoking a squeal of protest.

“Not quite a re-enactment,” Tara commented.

“You said the words, I like the words,” Willow told her. “Besides, you earned it.”

“What?” Tara checked. “Your special attentions?”

“A good f-,” Willow started.

“Willow, don’t you go ruining it now.”

“Feeling! What did you think I was going to say? Here, of all places?” Willow asked, even though – in truth – she had been about to go there.

“Sometimes, sweetie, you have a filthy mouth on you.”

“At least yours is all clean though,” Willow replied, with more than a hint of suggestion. After all, fair was fair and – if you wanted to talk re-enactment – then how could they deny themselves a part of what had actually happened years before.

Back when Tara’s kisses had worked their way down her body, between her legs and they’d had to be so careful with her jeans, not wanting to tweak her sore ankle and – in the end – she’d forgotten all about the pain anyway. She might’ve explained that as an endorphin rush, but in truth it was just Tara.

“Well,” Tara said, “if you think you’ve finished making up for your perceived failures?”

“Will you just stop already?” Willow demanded. “I mentioned that once, just once. I’d have loved to get you off that night, I would but damn, girl… what did you really expect?”

“I didn’t expect anything,” Tara said. “Or I’d have had sexier pants on.”

“Or none at all.”

Tara’s grin said it all. It was rare, even at the heights of their not-inconsiderable passion for each other – that either of them, but especially Tara, would’ve come out pantless. After all, it was rare that anyone could be so certain that something like this was going to happen anyway.

But they’d known. They’d planned it and crossed a good chunk of the country to be here tonight. For this very reason. And to save the laundry, of course… But once they’d known they’d be here for that – and admitted to themselves they might lose – what choice had there been? At least this way they had passes and didn’t have to commit a crime to get in here…

“You want I should…” Tara nodded downwards.

“I wish you would,” Willow sighed. It was actually getting to the point that it was tough to avoid contemplation of taking care of things for herself – even knowing that Tara’s attentions were that much more… attractive.

Even with Tara slipping down before her, they actually found themselves drifting back over to the benches where they’d first sat, pretending for a few moments that it was just about her busted ankle once the monsters seemed to have gone away.

Of course their attention had quickly shifted to each other’s eyes. Their breathing had matched, movements had become about how close they were… then – after those words – about how their lips might come together. Avoiding the clash of teeth and noses. And then… how soft Tara’s lips actually were had brought her first groan out of her.

And the girl who’d just sworn to be hers had pulled away, afraid that she’d done something wrong. As if she’d hurt her… But who could hurt with a kiss? A kiss like that? With lips like that?

Wrong? Nothing had ever been so right…

Pulling Tara back into the kiss, much as she was with her hand on the back of Tara’s head now, they’d let the world around them melt away. The demons chasing them, the pain in her ankle - and Tara’s butt where she’d fallen - all gone. They’d been wrapped up in each other and stayed that way the rest of the night.

And yes, Tara had needed to be encouraged with permission to take things further. Not because she was reticent but because Tara’s only advantage over her in terms of experience was a number of years of fantasies about this sort of moment – though probably never involving a laundry room.

It proved – once her thighs were clasped around Tara’s ears – that the first and only woman she’d ever sleep with had known well enough what she was doing.

And remembering those moments, that time, coaxed the same pleasure from her now. Familiarity hadn’t dulled the sensations either, not at all. If anything, because they were now so in tune, she could let herself go more. The fear was gone, the hesitancy about doing something Tara might’ve seen as ‘wrong’ and… yes, it was better now. And that was no betrayal, no bad thing.

“Oh…” she sighed afterwards. After her much, much bigger ohhhh.

“Was that okay?” Tara asked, down on the floor between her legs, resting there. Willow shifted on the bench, providing more of a cushion for the woman she loved to lean against. Tara had slipped back into the words from that night – or actually from the next morning, before they’d finally parted.

Willow smiled. “You don’t really want me to answer that do you?” she asked.

“Once upon a time you’d have babbled for five minutes, promising me it was more than just okay and apologising for whatever you thought you did wrong.”

“Or whatever I thought I didn’t do,” Willow said. She hadn’t really had any idea what the right answer was. And maybe she should’ve guessed that Tara was equally inexperienced as she was, more so in one way, but at the time…

At the time she’d just assumed that Tara must’ve had that experience. That to know who she was – to understand her sexuality - meant that she must’ve demonstrated that practically. And once Tara had caressed and licked that first, shattering orgasm from her, who could’ve believed that was her very first time as well?

But it had been.

And – until she’d known - the idea that there might’ve been someone else before her with Tara had never bothered her, though now she knew the fact that there’d been no one but her was a gift she still treasured.

“We went on a bit, didn’t we?” Willow wondered, thinking back to the conversations that had followed their making love. Perhaps some sort of desperate need to not leave it being about the sex. To get to know each other. And… hours later? She’d known more about Tara than she had any of her other friends.

And vice versa. They just… got each other.

“I guess,” Tara said, kissing the inside of her knee.

“You guess? We didn’t stop talking for hours, baby. And this bench, it took this long for me to forget just how uncomfortable it really is.”

“We had a lot to talk about,” Tara said. “I never once thought that – for me – the talking would come after the kissing.”

“And after the other thing,” Willow pointed out, bending to kiss the top of Tara’s head.

“And the other thing,” Tara agreed.

“Do you want to stay?” Willow wondered, looking around at the place where they’d first – and now most recently – expressed their desire for each other. Their love. It was… it held special memories, but it seemed distinctly unimpressive now.

“Oh, no,” Tara said. “Please, lets go… I mean, I didn’t dare say anything in case you were all into your nostalgia trip.”

“No, baby, I’m right there with you,” Willow agreed.

“Take me to bed?” Tara asked.

“Took you a while to say that first time around.”

“I wanted to say it right then, that very first time. I wanted you in my bed from then on… but if you had been, I don’t know I’d ever have graduated.”

“You’d have graduated in Willow-studies,” she said.

“Is there a career in that?” Tara checked, standing up with help and starting to rearrange her clothing.

“Probably not, but there is a future in it.” Willow eased up to her feet too, stealing another kiss on the way up.

“Suppose so.”

“Suppose so? Is that the best you can do?” she challenged.

Tara frowned, holding the back of her head and looking like she was making a decision between another kiss and actually answering. Which would she choose? “I kind of thought that the engagement ring on your finger answered that already?”

“This old thing?” Willow showed it off again, just because she could. Not many people got away without seeing it. Several times.

“It’s traditional to assume that, once you have the ring.”

“Doesn’t mean I don’t want to hear you say it.”

“Move that vending machine and I’ll consider letting you hear the words,” Tara suggested.

“You have to consider it? After what we just did?” Willow feigned horror. “You’re not going to call, are you? You just take girls into the laundry room, have your very wicked way with them and then they never hear from you again…”

“Not yet,” Tara told her. “Not yet.”

“Say it?” Willow asked. She didn’t want the words about the past now; she wanted the words that were about their future.

Only that.

“I want to marry you,” Tara said.

Willow kissed her. Deep and long. “You will.”

Chance in *Chance*

Post subject: Re: Lesbian Gay Type Women in Love (New Standalone 10/08/11)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:22 pm 
5. Willowhand

DIBS!

Yay I loved this update, Evil Evil but very seductive Tara!!! She played Willow very well, and damn Willow can't stay mad at her (even playfully mad) for long.

Then having them re-enact what happened those few years ago again, just opposite a bit, VERY NICE!!! I love this side of them, and so very Willowy.

Great job, and ooo I need a new washer ~winks~

:kdevil :kgeek
AstronSoul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:47 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Loved it!!! They are so comfortable with each other. I loved their flirty banter." She could tell that this argument wasn’t exactly winning them over but also that her woman was hugely amused by the way things were going. Beautiful, lovable bitch that she was." :lmao :lmao
This whole update was very funny, snarky and cute. Poor, poor Willow......I started feeling sorry for her when the student asked “You know about cool clothes?” Again, it wasn’t Tara. The snickering didn’t extend to her girl either. Damn it......

But hey, it all worked out in the end. She got some nostalgic laundry room lovin. So, all is right with her world.

Thanks for making my saturday a brighter day :bigkiss !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:39 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great read.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next