The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Willtaralympics 2007: An RKT Sports Spectacular
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:15 pm 
19. Yummy Face

[center]Image[/center]
[br]
We've tackled the days of the week; the classical elements; a couple of Christmases and even ventured into the world of multi-media television. What next? Well dear readers, just in case you thought the RKT writers have collectively contracted Garbo-itis ("Ve vant to be left alone!"), fear not! We're back with another collective series (which is significantly better than a collective groan...though I think I just earned one).

We racked our brains (and we're talking many brilliant minds here) to come up with the common theme for our next series. So we called a group meeting. Imagine this scenario:
[blockquote]Chris: What about Giant Robots with obligatory tail/dragon/angel/*other unconventional pairing* sex?

Debra: I think we should do a Guide to Parenting.

watty: no, I want a series where each writer takes an Apple product. As long as I get the iPhone.

Group: Image

Cam: I'll go along with any theme as long as I can make a joke out of it and be a slacker.

Car: I'll post the intro. [/blockquote]
But of course we are too cohesive for that. (Some might even say "sticky".) We came to an agreement fairly quickly. And our theme is ... Sports. Perfect for summer. Plus, we were sold on the image of our favorite witches in short -- very, very short -- tennis skirts and cleavage-accentuating, push-up sports bras (patent pending); sweat glistening on their toned thighs and biceps, gliding down their well-defined abs.

Now think about that image even more.

Keep thinking.

You can stop now.

No, really...you can stop now.

Whew! Okay...yeah...back to the series. Ahem. What are the sports and who will be writing? In a poor imitation of Jeopardy!, we have:
[blockquote]Willow and Tara soaring high on long thin sticks. -- What is JustSkipIt's Quidditch?

Willow and Tara roaring away on a big metallic machine. -- What is Kaia's Superbikes?

Willow and Tara poking each other with sharp pointy weapons. -- What is Artemis's fencing?

Willow and Tara gliding down a wet slippery slope. -- What is watty's skiing?

Willow and Tara guiding a brightly-colored ball through a tight round ring. -- What is AntigoneUnbound's basketball?[/blockquote]
The Sports Event of the Year commences this Saturday August 4th. We are also planning a surprise or two along the way. So make sure you secure the best seats on the bleachers, wear your loudest team colors, have plenty of hot dogs and big gulps at hand. Let the Games Begin!!

[br]

Frivolous Views

Post subject: Re: Willtaralympics 2007: An RKT Sports Spectacular
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:11 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky I have my ticket I can't wait :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:45 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Ticket to Hogwarts - check
Ear plugs to protect my hearing from the roaring engines - check
Definitions of feint and parry - check
Cow bell to clatter as W/T shoosh down the slopes - check
Those air-filled tubes that folks wave/bang together while an opposing team member is at the foul line - check

What a wonderful way to spend the dog days of summer.

Can't wait!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:36 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Ok. Now I can believe that it's going to happen. Yay!

Last edited by JustSkipIt on Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:25 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

Just my first thoughts ;)

diamondforever's fanfiction archive

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:37 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 1
Omniscient Car Voice wrote:
Cam: I'll go along with any theme as long as I can make a joke out of it and be a slacker.

Hehehe. And I was such a slacker I'm not even in this series! But I'm still going to make jokes...likely involving balls and pulled groins. Can't wait to enjoy the fics as a spectator, gang. *waves big puffy #1 hand*

-Cam

Last edited by tarawhipped on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:37 pm 
9. Gay Now

I'll be just have a seat over here in the sun to wait

Water bottle. check.
Bug dope. check.
Foldy chair with obligatory beer holder. check.
Mist-y fan squirter item I stole from my neice. check.
Cooler. check.
Images of sweaty swoony Willow and Tara pushing themselves to their limit physically, and, uh... physically. Check. Real check. *super* check.

maybe I should go take a quick shower first.

:whistle :blush

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:38 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Although I'm excited about all the stories...

GayNow wrote:
Willow and Tara soaring high on long thin sticks. -- What is JustSkipIt's Quidditch?

I think I'm excited about that one the most.

Last edited by SithLordWiccan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:43 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

The RKT team shoots, they score.
GOOOOAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hot time, summer in the city,
Willow and Tara dressed in gym shorts and cleavagey slut-bomb tank tops, the sweat rolling in rivulets to pool in their...
Please tell me there will be lots of warm-up exercises with plenty of stretching.
I like a bit of fencing myself, haven't had the ol' epee out in years.
I take my seat in the stands with my ceremonial banner to wave and my giant foam finger.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:32 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

...aaaaaand they're back! :-D
This sounds great guys, can't wait to begin this new adventure! :peace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:02 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Rock on, guys! I can't wait! :pride

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:35 am 
3. Flaming O

hi,

i'm definietly looking forward to this.

I will be coming back tomorrow to have a look

musicmad10

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:40 pm 
5. Willowhand

Wooot! I love sports, and I love Willow and Tara. And the two together in short stories, just long enough to keep my short attention span? Even better. :pinky

"The Hammer is my Penis," Captain Hammer, 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:29 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

[center]Image[/center]

Story Title – The All-Important Snitch

Author – JustSkipIt

Pairing – T/W

Universe – Harry Potter/AU

Feedback – Yes, please

Spoilers – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Rating – PG

Note – Thanks to Chris for the clarification on quidditch rules and the graphics for this series. Thanks to the RKT team for another great project.

Note – This story was written before the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Disclaimer – Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy own Willow and Tara and the Buffyverse. No copyright infringement is meant by this fic and I will not make any money from it. J.K. Rowling owns Harry Potter and everything associated with Harry Potter (and much of the UK at this point). Again, I intend no copywrite infringement and will make no money off this fic.

Quidditch – If you don’t know anything about Harry Potter or the game of Quidditch, you must be trying very hard to avoid it. In that case, I can’t imagine that you’re actually going to read this fic. But on the off, off, off chance you don’t know what quidditch is but you want to read this, here is a very cursory summary (which I guess is true of Cam if no one else).

Quidditch consists of two squads of seven players apiece. Those players fly on brooms and are as follows: 1-Keeper who guards the three goals (kind of round hoops on very tall sticks at each end of the field). 3-Chasers who pass a Quaffle back and forth and attempt to score by putting the quaffle through one of the opposing team’s hoops for 10 points. 2-Beaters who carry short fat bats and attempt to knock the two “bludgers” (vicious balls that attempt to hit players) toward the other team and away from their own team, 1-Seeker who attempts to catch the “Golden Snitch” (or just Snitch). The Snitch is “wicked fast” and flies around throughout the game. Catching the snitch is worth 150 points and immediately ends the game.
--

Hogwarts – United States (H-US) Final Game Roster:

Gryffindor Lions
Keeper – Xander Harris – 5th year
Beater – Buffy Summers – 6th year
Beater – Faith Lehane – 6th year
Chaser – Dawn Summers – 3rd year
Chaser – Daniel (Oz) Osborne – 5th year
Chaser – Tara Maclay – 7th Year *
Seeker – Willow Rosenberg – 5th Year

Slytherin Snakes
Keeper – Ad Am – 4th Year
Beater – Warren Mears – 6th Year
Beater – Elp Rimer – 7th Year
Chaser – Kool Aid (The Master) – 1st Year
Chaser – Dickie Wilkins – 3rd Year
Chaser – Glory Ificicus – 5th Year
Seeker – Angel Lexus – 2nd Year *

* Indicates Quidditch Captain.

[center]Image[/center]

Willow turned quickly and speeded up her flight toward the ball. She knew she was going to reach it but sometimes she liked to set herself an extra challenge. She braked just in front of the ball and reached out her foot to kick the golf ball, catching it in her left hand off the bounce.

“Hot Dog!”

Willow grinned and stuffed the ball into the pouch on her belt as she waited for Tara’s next hit. The blonde witch stood on the ground next to her broom belting out golf ball after golf ball with a bat. It wasn’t that anyone doubted Willow’s skills as seeker but the next match was very important. If Gryffindor won by more than 90 points, they would not only win the Quidditch cup but the house championship. If not Slytherin would win the Quidditch cup. If Slytherin managed to win by more 50 points, they would win the house championship as well (otherwise, Ravenclaw would win the house championship).

The entire team had taken an extra practice after dinner to prepare for the game and Willow had suggested that she and Tara, the team captain, stay late to give her extra practice. Gryffindor hadn’t won the house championship in three years, not since Willow was a second year.

And this one seemed to be more important than years past. Willow suspected that it wasn’t just her either. The trouble in the wizarding world had started and been concentrated in England but it had spread to America in the past year. Attacks had increased and the dark mark was seen more and more often. Wizards and witches seemed to live in fear except for those who reveled in the rising evil in Europe. Throughout the school year to end in a few weeks, students had been called to Professor Giles’s office, been seen later in tears and then left the school either permanently or temporarily. In those cases, the student probably had some sort of tragedy in his or her family, although it escaped no one’s notice that the students were rarely from Slytherin.

And some of those incidents had hit too close to home. Too close indeed. While Willow’s parents were relatively shielded, being muggles, but she knew that He-ho-must-not-be-named was planning and executing attacks on her birth world as well.

“Willow! Are you still playing? You’ve missed three in a row!” Willow blushed as she looked down to see Tara standing with her hands on her hips. The quidditch captain and head girl looked quite put out. And why shouldn’t she? She had told Willow that she had two scrolls to write for transfiguration before morning but Willow had begged her to stay late and hit balls. And now she wasn’t even paying attention.

“Sorry, Tara. Let’s finish the bucket and then you can go do your homework.”

“Are you sure, Will? It’s getting dark.”

Willow nodded although she wasn’t sure that Tara could see it as high up as she was. “It helps. Just the rest of those and then we’ll call it a night.”

Tara smiled and sighed, picking up another ball and tossing it in the air before hitting it with the bat. It wasn’t that she minded being out here. Heck, sometimes the Quidditch pitch was the only place where things made sense. And watching Willow fly? The girl was like magic, no pun intended, on a broom. Her short red hair flew out behind her, baring the side of her face and Tara couldn’t help but smile. Sometimes it seemed as if the girl was showing off but she always performed in games. Unlike Tara, Willow’s powers were a surprise all over. Muggle-born, she had known nothing of magic or wizarding until the letter from Hogwarts-US had arrived.

Tara, on the other hand was half-muggle, half-pure-blood. Her mother was pure-blood but had fallen in love with her father while on holiday at the Grand Canyon and had all but defied her parents to marry him. Tara’s name had been down for Hogwarts-US, or H-US as the students referred to it, since before her birth. Like her mother and her grandparents and as many generations as anyone could remember she’d been placed into Gryffindor by the sorting hat. Her success at the school, good marks, excellent OWLs and Newts, three years as a prefect, and this year as both Quidditch captain and head girl were fully expected.

She hit the last ball with a little extra gusto and tried to place it outside of Willow’s range. She of course didn’t actually succeed and the redhead grabbed the ball and sped toward the pitch. Tara knew what she was doing for it was one of the girl’s favorite tricks. The first few times Tara had screamed, thinking the redhead would crash only to hear her laughter when she pulled out of the dive and landed on her feet. She was determined to deny the fiery fifth-year the satisfaction and instead inspected her nails as Willow came to a landing a few feet away.

“You used to scream when I did that.”

Willow’s pout was adorable but Tara hated encouraging her. She shrugged. “You did great. I’m sure you’re ready for the match Saturday.” She looked up at the darkening sky. “I need to go work on those scrolls…”

“Oh right. Hey Tara, want to try a trick with me?” Willow’s excitement was palatable and Tara felt tugged. On one hand she needed to go study but she also felt pulled to stay on the pitch.

“Ok. But I really do have to go work on that assignment.”

Willow smiled as she grabbed her broom. “Of course. It won’t take that long and I think it’s going to be cool. I’ve been thinking about this a lot.” She placed her broom about a foot from Tara’s but parallel so that both were laying on the ground, one facing one direction and one the other. She stepped between them and extended her hand. “Come here.”

“Willow.”

Willow rolled her eyes. “Tara.”

The redhead stepped carefully so that one foot balanced on her broom and the other on Tara’s. “Now put yours on here and hold my hands.” Tara looked unsure but she stepped forward and placed her feet opposite Willow’s so that they were facing each other and balancing on the brooms. “Ok… now…” Willow smiled as her broom started to rise 2-3 inches. Her left leg and Tara’s right had to bend slightly to keep their balance. “Raise yours.” When Tara didn’t comply immediately she added. “It’s a test of synchronicity.”

Willow felt relieved as Tara began to raise her own broom and they could level out their feet. For a few minutes, they played with the exercise, first one then the other raising or lowering her broom a bit. Then they began to turn their brooms or fly forward or backwards a few feet. Willow felt elated at how the exercise was going and decided to be a bit more daring. “Tara. Did you decide about going to the village with me after the game?”

The school had a Hogsmeade-US weekend planned and both girls had signed permission slips ready. Tara looked away and felt her broom start to drop. As both girls tilted she had to raise it quickly. “I … you know the whole team is going into the Village after the game, Will. Probably the whole house.”

Willow squeezed Tara’s hands in hers and ooched closed on the two brooms. “You know what I mean.”

Tara shrugged. “I don’t know if it’s a good idea, Will. I mean everything’s so… you know. And I’m just not very good with the…” She pulled away one hand and waved her fingertips back and forth between the two girls.

“Fly-shooing?” When Tara gave her a look, Willow allowed her broom to drop to the ground and Tara matched her descent. “I know? I mean I guess I know but maybe I don’t. Everything’s so… so what? Complicated? Things will always be complicated, Tara.”

“Not complicated. Dangerous, Willow. Things are so dangerous.”

Willow laughed as if to show how not scared she was when the truth was that everyone was scared. Everyone with any sense was scared. “And things are going to be dangerous for a long time too. I mean… maybe not always but for a while.”

“See, so we shouldn’t…”

Willow shook her head and interrupted. “Tell me that you don’t like me. That you don’t want to go out with me.”

“What?”

“Tell me that you don’t want to go out with me. I mean every time I ask you’re busy studying or you’re concerned or you’re concerned about the difference in our ages. But it’s never that you don’t want to go out with me. Tell me that and I’ll stop asking.”

“I’m leaving for England in two months.”

Willow took a step closer to the older girl. “To train to be an Auror. I know, Tara. But that’s irrelevant. Do you want to go out with me?”

“It’s… I mean…” She wasn’t prepared for Willow to kiss her. And now the redhead was doing just that. Tara’s hands rose and wound through the other girl’s hair and around the back of her head seemingly of their own volition. It wasn’t their first kiss. Actually it was their fourth and the first three flashed through her mind in the long seconds that this one went on. The first had been practically an accident. They were lying on a blanket by the lake studying when both looked up at the splash the monster made as he surfaced and dove and their lips happened to meet. The second had been completely spontaneous. Willow had just finished her anamagus transformation for the first time and was exhilarated by the experience. She had grabbed Tara and kissed her quickly on the lips before either of them could even think about it. And the third? Tara had left Professor Giles’s office after hearing the news of her mom. Bad news. Very bad. And run into Willow. And the girl had comforted her and held her as she cried, leaning against the wall in a hallway no one ever used. And finally Tara had gotten herself under control and explained what had happened and then attempted to hide her face, saying she was all red and swollen. And Willow had taken her chin and disagreed, saying that she was beautiful as always and kissing her to leave no doubt.

And the fact was that Willow was right. She did want to go out with her. Or stay in. Or whatever. Forever. She just… she was going to train to be an Auror like her mother and grandfather, someone who hunts dark-wizards. She knew that Willow wanted the same and planned to come to England in two years. But it was going to be so dangerous, so unsure, and so far away. Tara just didn’t know how she would stand the time away from Willow if they started… Well, this. She pulled away blushing and looked at the peak of the astronomy tower as if studying the movement of the stars.

She felt Willow’s hand wrap in hers again. “Just tell me that you aren’t interested and I’ll stop asking, Tara. I promise.” When Tara didn’t respond she continued. “But I don’t think that you can. Because you don’t kiss like you don’t like me.”

Tara glanced at the redhead to see a combination of affection and optimism and a touch of self-satisfaction on her face. She smiled in spite of herself. “You’re right, Willow. I can’t say that I don’t like you.”

Willow’s face broke into a smile. “So you’ll go out with me on Saturday?”

Tara smiled to match the redhead. “I’ll tell you what, Willow. You catch the snitch and win the game and I’ll go out with you.”

Willow stuck out her free hand and her broom popped up from the ground into it. “So you’re just trying to motivate me?”

Tara grabbed her broom and the bucket of balls and they began toward the house dormitory. “Well, I am Quidditch captain after all.”

Willow laughed. “Whatever it takes, Tara. Whatever it takes.”

[center]Image[/center]

Two days later, Willow found herself flying slightly above the fray ten minutes into the Quidditch match. One of the many reasons she loved being seeker (besides the fame and glory she had enjoyed since winning the position in her third year) was the opportunity to see the game from this vantage point. Last year, she’d spent three weeks working on providing this view through enchanted binoculars but had never succeeded and had finally given it up to work on her required assignments.

From this position she could see then entire pitch and stands. Xander Harris, another fifth year and one of her best friends darted back and forth in front of the three goals at one end of the field. Faith Lehane and Buffy Summers wielded their beaters bats viciously in keeping the bludgers from hitting the Gryffindor players, particularly Willow, and directing them toward the Slytherin players.

Cordelia’s voice reached her and clarified the play below. “There goes Dawn Summers with the quaffle. She’s a quick one that Dawn, even if she doesn’t dress nearly as well as her older sister. She’s off down the field. Oh, and she passes to Tara Maclay who is nearing Ad Am in front of the Slytherin goals. Tara’s hair seems lighter this week. I think it’s just the sun but it could be a glistening charm.”

“She’s in the sun and the moon.” Dru Cilla, Slytherin’s insane contribution to the commentary responsibilities made Willow laugh. Her penchant for prognostication was well known but no one knew what her predictions meant so Willow couldn’t see how it was a useful skill.

“And now the quaffle is taken by Oz… Oh wait. It’s stolen by Kool Aide or The Master as his friends call him. And now he, Dickie Wilkins, and Glory Ificus pass the quaffle between themselves as they move toward the Gryffindor end of the pitch. I thought the dress Glory wore yesterday was quite beautiful but the shoes were a little off. Not the right shade of…”

Willow tuned out Cordelia’s commentary for the moment and glanced over at Angel Lexus who had apparently decided to follow her rather than coming up with his own strategy. Or maybe he just wanted to bother her. “Mmm. You smell great for a mudblood, Rosenberg.” He was only a second year but he seemed to be evil enough for an older student. There were rumors that he enjoyed practicing unforgivable curses on the pets of other students in his house. She turned and flew to the other end of the pitch, keeping one eye out for the snitch and the other on Tara below. The blonde had intercepted the quaffle on a pass from Glory to Dickie and was racing toward Ad Am at the other end of the field. She barely avoided a bludger aimed her way by Warren Mears, ducking on her broom, and tossed the quaffle through the hoop to put Gryffindor ahead 50 to 20.

Willow continued scanning the field and skies for a glimpse of the snitch, watching Angel out of the corner of her eye. He continued his running commentary on herself and her teammates. The best comments were just rude. The rest, crude, murderous, and truly sick. His detailed descriptions of what he would like to do to Buffy made Willow’s stomach turn over. The sixth-year had been very clear with Angel that she wanted nothing to do with him but he continued pursuing her.

Willow sped off toward the Slytherin end of the field partially just to get away from Angel and partially in hopes that she would find the snitch there. More often than not, these hunches were correct. In ten games as seeker, she had caught the snitch seven times and woken up in the hospital twice. She tended to think that being knocked unconscious by a bludger shouldn’t necessarily count against her average but they had lost both games so maybe it should. Speaking of which, she found herself having to dodge one smacked by ElP Rimer directly at her head. At least Faith was there to whack the ball right back at him. Faith’s dislike, make that hatred, of the seventh year was well known.

Faith herself was somewhat of a celebrity in the wizarding community. She was pure-blood but lower class pure-blood. While most old wizarding families owned large manors, estates, and house-elves, her ancestors had pretty much drunk and gambled away any claim they had to a fortune. Her parents owned one of the more shabby taverns in the village and while they were friendly every time Willow visited, her father smelled like he tested his own product too much. And Ms. Lehane? Sometimes she was at the tavern and sometimes she was elsewhere. Willow knew that Faith rarely knew where her mother might be and she didn’t send owls for months on end. Then the next visit, she’d be there, just as friendly and rosy cheeked as ever.

Angel hovered beneath her tossing up insult after insult and suggestion after suggestion. Rumors had flown far and fast throughout the last week including one, repeated often enough to seem true, that the entire Slytherin house team was leaving school the next day to join their parents and hundreds of others in following their “Dark Lord.” Willow kind of doubted that Voldemort really wanted young kids like Kool or Angel or even Dickie but maybe he needed the cannon fodder.

Voldemort. Even the most confident wizard never spoke his name out loud. Yet he was ever-present in their lives with his unchecked reign of terror. There were rumors that Harry Potter was going to fight him to the death but if Potter lost… Willow couldn’t even imagine.

And Tara was going into that? Not for a few years theoretically but Voldemort had killed Cedric Digory and he wasn’t even done with school. And there was no telling how many more he had killed. No doubt Buffy and Faith and countless others would follow into the fight when they finished school and Willow had just two more years. At times the redhead’s heart wanted to burst with love for Tara and at others she was gripped by fear, unable to move in her bed at night. Nights like that she wished that Tara or even Faith or Buffy or Dawn were in her year so that they shared a dormitory room. Instead she had Cordelia and she would no more confide in Cordelia than write her feelings across the sky in indelible ink.

“And Dawn Summers has the quaffle again. Gryffindor is threatening to put this game out of reach no matter who catches the snitch. I like Dawn’s hair this length. It seems to go well with her robes…”

“And her bones are long and supple…” Dru’s prattle made Willow laugh in spite of herself as she continued to search for the snitch. She thought she saw it briefly near the Slytherin goal but then it winked out of sight again. It was really making itself scarce today. She’d seen matches ended within the first fifteen minutes but this one, she checked her watch, had been going on for over an hour already. Of course games had taken days, even weeks before, although never at H-US.

Willow knew her reasoning wasn’t logical. What was that reasoning? That everything depended on her catching the snitch. If she could catch the snitch, they would win the game. Gryffindor would win the Quidditch cup and the house championship. Good would triumph over evil. Voldemort would be defeated. And Tara would finally go out with her and they would be a couple and would send owls back and forth for the next two years and when Willow joined Auror training, they would continue dating and fight evil together. And Tara would be safe. And all she had to do was catch the snitch.

“And Daniel Osborne scores again. Ad Am can’t seem to stop the Gryffindor chasers at all.”

Willow could hear the crowd cheering again. 220 to 40 was a blow-out and she just wanted a glimpse of the snitch for a chance at ending the game. She completed her seven-stage scan of the field and skies and then glanced at the play below. Tara had the quaffle again and was racing toward the Slytherin goals. Willow gasped out loud as the blonde was hit in the face by a bludger directed her way by Warren who had had a seemingly random hatred of the blonde since starting H-US. In spite of the hard hit, Dawn caught the quaffle as Tara dropped it and completed the score to extend Gryffindor’s lead even further. “Aw, your girlfriend just got hit really hard by a bludger. I sure hope nothing else happens to her.” Angel hovered nearby looking broody and hateful and laughing viciously.

His taunt made Willow look back toward Tara and she gasped again but cut it off as quickly as she could. For there, near Tara’s left elbow was the snitch. It quickly darted above the other players and Willow felt pretty sure that no one else, including Angel had seen it. She began to fly toward the snitch, not too quickly which would tip Angel off, but quickly enough to gain on the small winged ball. Perhaps he would just think that she wanted to check on Tara. She was about halfway to the snitch when it speeded up and she heard a massive shout from the stands. She glanced over her shoulder to see that Angel had finally realized that she was after the snitch and was speeding toward her. She leaned forward, now racing toward the snitch, still a few broom lengths ahead of the Slytherin seeker. The snitch turned sharply again and she matched the move, holding on tightly to her broom. Because of the direction of the turn, Angel had gained on both she and the snitch and he was now was nearly upon her.

As the snitch dove, Willow did the same and the three of them—snitch, Willow, and Angel—scattered the other team members as they went past. The redhead was only vaguely aware of Warren batting first one and then the other bludger at her head and Faith blocking one with her bat and the other with her body. She heard a sickening thud and then a scream from the spectators and hoped the Gryffindor beater would not be seriously hurt. Angel continued to gain ground and Willow knew that he would overtake her on his faster broom so she decided to take extreme measures. She swerved left and then right, nearly contacting the front of his broom with the back of hers the did a roll, turning upside down for a moment. While the move slowed down the Slytherin player a fraction of a second, it also incurred more of his anger and he began screaming even more foul and loathsome epithets than previous. The basic gist was that he would kill her and her filthy muggle parents slowly and painfully. Glancing down at Tara he then decided to move his focus to her, regaling Willow with promises of the pain and suffering he would enact on the Gryffindor Quidditch captain.

Willow attempted to schootch forward on her broom and felt it start to tip. It couldn’t be helped though. At this point, for Angel to catch the snitch would still give Gryffindor the Quidditch win but not the house cup. The force of the air against her was heavy and she could hear it whistling in her ears. She used one hand to push herself up onto her knees on the broom and then onto one knee, leaning forward as much as she could with her opposite hand. The snitch was just inches from her outstretched fingertips and then she could feel the wings fluttering against her skin.

It seemed like an eternity that she hung there attempting to grab the snitch but it couldn’t have been more than a fraction of a second. Straining against the pressure, she pinched one wing between her thumb and forefinger. She grasped it tightly as she pulled the ball back into the palm of her hand and wrapped her fingers around the still moving golden ball. Triumphantly she thrust her fist into the air and heard a cheer from the spectators.

Although the ensuing events occurred in a split-second, the scream which followed the cheer immediately Willow attributed to the fact that her broom had finally tipped forward enough to knock her off. She flung the hand not holding the snitch up and managed to get it wrapped around the broom. The redhead let out a sigh of relief and began to attempt to pull herself onto the broom. With one hand wrapped around the broom handle and the other around the snitch she had no opportunity to get her wand from within her robes as she heard Angel’s voice boom in her right ear.

“CRUCIO!”

The following shouts to “take that, filthy Mudblood!” she had no awareness of. The only awareness she had was of excruciating pain throughout her body which was contorted backwards. She also didn’t hear the repetition of the curse or Angel’s maniacal laughter retreating from her as she plunged toward the ground. For those seconds, she couldn’t think, couldn’t pray. She could only feel pain like she had never experienced.

Then the pain was gone and she felt wind rushing by and had to close her eyes against the sight of robes and brooms and hands as she fell past them and the ground rushing to meet her. And then her body was hit by another sort of pain as she contacted the ground and she vaguely thought that it wasn’t as bad as she had imagined it would be to die.

[center]Image[/center]

Tara paced in the hallway outside the infirmary. Her broom leaned in the corner with the other five Gryffindor player brooms. Willow’s broom was lost but Buffy had caught Faith’s in spite of not being able to catch the beater herself as she fell.

“You have to calm down, Tara,” Xander pleaded with her as he grasped her shoulders. “Why don’t we take a little walk. I’m sure Dawn will come get us.”

“I’ll come get you,” the younger student agreed as she chewed on her fingernails.

“Calm down? Calm down?” She clenched her hands into fists as she screamed at her keeper. “He used an unforgivable curse! Because she caught the snitch. He used an unforgivable curse because they lost a game! And you want me to calm down? If it wasn’t for Professor Giles, she would have been killed when she hit the ground.”

“But he did slow her,” Buffy offered. “And we just need to wait and hear how they are doing.”

Tara collapsed into a chair. “He used the crucio curse.” Her tears were falling freely now. She whipped her head around as if looking for support from one of the other players. “Did you see her?” Buffy had taken her captain’s hand and was trying to comfort her by rubbing the skin. If she hadn’t been sitting so close she wouldn’t have heard the blonde’s whispered question. “If it hurt her that much from a young wizard, what must it have felt like for my… Oh God.”

The other players were quiet and let their captain just cry for a few minutes. Their vigil was interrupted as Mrs. Lehane ran up the stairs, led by one of the Professors into the infirmary. Standing near the door, Oz tried to look through and yelled that they needed an update but the door slammed in his face.

He uncharacteristically kicked at the wall. “They’re not telling us anything. I feel tempted to go down there and take on all of Slytherin. It would be worth it.”

Tara watched the normally quiet 5th year. She stood and walked in front of him, taking his hands. “We’re all mad, Oz. But we can’t do anything now.” She took a breath. “And almost the entire team is gone anyway. Only Kool and Dickie stayed. Even Dru left with Angel.” She shook her head. “They’ve all gone to serve their Dark Master.”

The others nodded their heads. From the instant of Angel’s curse they had known that the rumors were true: the Slytherin team was leaving school. The biggest surprise had been the two young students who had refused to leave with their teammates although many of the other house members had pulled brooms from under the bleachers and flown from the grounds as well.

The infirmary door creaked open and Professor Summers came out, closing it quietly behind her. “Mom!” Dawn and Buffy both ran over to her and hugged their mother while the entire team gathered around the head of their house.

The strain of the last hour showed in her face and she sighed before speaking. “Faith’s arm is broken as well as three ribs but those should heal before morning.”

“Willow?” Tara’s voice was quiet but everyone heard it nonetheless.

Joyce looked away for a moment. “Both she and Faith were lucky that Professor Giles was able to arrest their descent.” She took another deep breath. “Still she has … extensive injuries. The nurse should be able to heal the bones although they will take longer than Faith’s. Her other… she hasn’t waken up yet so we don’t really know the extent of damage....” She stopped and seemed to choke back a sob. “Even from such an inexperienced wizard as Angel, the crucio curse is, well, aptly named.” She looked around the group, her eyes lighting on Cordelia for a moment. “Mr. Chase has volunteered to bring her parents. Being muggles, they could not otherwise find the school.”

The professor sat heavily into a chair. “I’m sorry I don’t have better news than to tell you that you have won the Quidditch cup and the house championship.”

“Professor Summers? Can we go see them?”

Joyce looked up to see Tara’s hopeful face and the others watching her as well. She nodded. “Faith is awake but shouldn’t be tired. But I don’t think that it’s a good time for Willow to receive visitors.” She waved her hand at the group. “Three of you at a time I think.”

When her team looked to her for guidance, Tara pointed at Buffy, Oz, and Dawn. “Why don’t you three go first? We’ll go next.” She indicated herself, Xander, and Cordelia. The other three players followed Joyce into the infirmary and Tara sank into a chair, putting her face in her hands and grateful that Xander and Cordy stepped away to leave her to herself.

All she could think was what if Willow never woke up? What if she … What if Tara lost her? And she’d never had her. Really. Sure she knew that Willow loved her. The redhead had made that clear over and over. Sometimes it was spooky to Tara just how sure Willow was that she loved her. And even more so that Willow seemed so sure that Tara loved her back. Perhaps that was part of what made Tara love her so much—her determination and belief in them. Even after four years spent attempting to convince the younger girl that they shouldn’t pursue a relationship, Willow had never wavered. And now… And now Tara could lose her before she’d ever had her.

“Tara?”

The blonde witch looked up to see the rest of the team gathered around her. “We can go in and see Faith now.”

She breathed a sigh of relief and stood up to go with Cordy and Xander into the infirmary. Faith was propped up in the bed against a mound of pillows. Her face looked as if she had been in a fight, which wasn’t entirely inaccurate and her arm was propped on a pillow in front of her. She attempted to smile her housemates came in but quickly grimaced and closed her eyes. “H-hi Mrs. Lehane,” Tara greeted Faith’s mother.

“I’ll go let you kids visit for a little while.” The three Gryffindors were uncomfortable for a moment but then Faith began joking and bragging about the game and how exciting it had been, not to mention how badly they had stomped their rival house. Xander took up the banter and it went from there. They pointedly avoided mentioning her injuries which were obviously being mended and the redhead behind the screen on the other side of the infirmary. At one point, Tara got up and started to walk toward the screen but first Xander, then Professor Summers, and finally Professor Giles stopped her.

She argued to but to no avail and finally was sent from the infirmary where she spent a completely restless night. She met Willow’s parents the next morning and found herself in the position of attempting to comfort them rather than being comforted herself. While Faith was discharged the next afternoon to the cheers of her entire house and school, Willow remained in the infirmary but Tara was allowed to sit with her now, sharing or alternating shifts with the Rosenbergs.

She felt lucky to be sitting alone with the redhead when she heard the girl’s scratchy voice. “You can’t get out of a date that easily.”

Tara’s head snapped up from where she had been resting it on the mattress to see the other witch wince as she tried to smile. “Willow? How do you f-feel?”

Willow slowly opened her eyes and took a deep breath. “Like I got hit by an unforgivable curse and fell to my death on the Quidditch pitch.”

Tara picked up the other witch’s hand and softly kissed the palm. “Not to your death, sweetie.”

Willow lifted her other hand to wrap it around Tara’s. “Did we win?”

The blonde smiled. “Yes. You were brilliant.”

Willow got a flirtatious, or as flirtatious a smile as one can have with the entire left side of their face swollen and discolored. “Did we go out after the game and have a wonderful time and make love beneath the trees in the forbidden forest on our way home?”

“Yes and I can’t believe that you don’t remember it.” Willow tried to laugh but it turned into a cough and Tara quickly reached for a cup of water and held it to her lips. “Your parents are here. They’re in Professor Giles’s guest rooms.”

Professor Giles’s voice boomed across the infirmary as Tara looked up to see Willow’s parents rushing toward them. “No, Miss Maclay, they are right here.”

Willow greeted and was greeted by her parents who were overjoyed to see her awake. She saw Tara inching toward the door and quickly asked to speak to the blonde alone for a minute, promising to take it easy the entire rest of the day.

“You are supposed to be resting now, sweetie,” Tara admonished as she brushed her fingertips along Willow’s arm. The redhead just continued looking at her with obvious love and devotion and finally Tara’s mood changed. “They’ll kill you. How could I live with that?”

“By knowing that we didn’t waste our time, Tara. I love you. I’m in love with you. Totally and completely. And yes, there’s a lot of danger out there for both of us and you’re being… stupid.”

“You’re confessing your love for me by calling me stupid?”

“Only because you’re being stupid and stubborn, which I love about you, by the way.” Willow pulled on the blonde’s hand and she leaned closer.

Tara continued leaning closer until their lips were nearly touching. “I love you more.”

When they broke their kiss Willow disagreed. “Nope. I love you more.”

“You’re so competitive, Willow.” The blonde laughed. “Which I love about you, by the way.”

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:33 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

DIBS!

ETA: OK, I'm back.

First off, I have to admit that I'm not much of a Harry Potter fan. I mean, I am a fan, but I'm not as hardcore a fan as some people I know. I own the first six books (though that's only because I bought the first one for my college Children's Lit course and the others at library book sales), and have only seen the first and third movie. Like I said, I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore fan.

So why did I say before that it was your story that I was looking forward to the most? Well, I have to be honest, and say that while I have no doubt that the other stories will be good, it was this one that I felt I would enjoy the most, simply because I at least knew on some level what to expect from it.

About the only thing that did puzzle me was your decision to call the school Hogwarts-US. Not that I think it was bad, but given that there might be a US related wizard school already mentioned in the books (The Salem Witches' Institute, U.S.A., as mentioned in "Goblet of Fire", which I just finished reading), I'm kinda curious as to why you didn't choose that as the name of the school in this story. OK, name recognition probably played a big role in your decision, but still...

In any case, you did a good job with the story, and I think you should be proud of what you've written.

Last edited by SithLordWiccan on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:46 am 
23. Volumey Text

Firstly I really like the graphic that Chris has done for the series :peace

I really enjoyed this story. It's good to see the events of the series from the point of view of another country. Given how powerful you-know-who is, his return to power would be felt outside just England.

I liked your description of the Quidditch match. Also Cordelia and Drusilla's commentary.

Boo at Angel for using an unforgivable curse on Willow just because he lost. :shy

I liked the ending to the story. Well done.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:39 am 
5. Willowhand

That was so cute. Hee hee hee. Tara was trying to pull the same crap Harry did to Ginny at the end of Book 6, but at least Willow's a lot more stubborn. Well done.

P.S. It took me a few minutes to figure out Ad Am =Adam, and Kool Aide is a reference to Fruit Punch Mouth line in season one. I'm slow today.

"The Hammer is my Penis," Captain Hammer, 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:37 pm 
9. Gay Now

Heya Debra!

What a great little tale -- I was particularily enamored of the way you showed their relationship. Willow as admirer/pursuer and Tara as smitten-but-reluctant romantic interest seemed almost the opposite of what happened on the show and I liked being able to see things from that angle. *sigh* I often wonder how their relationship unfolded in the buffy verse, so its always a bit of a delight to see things unfold in any verse... I guess that's why I like the stories here so much. At any rate, this was a cute way of telling it. I hope Tara stops being (to borrow a Willowism) stupid and goes with her heart.

Jeez, Willow is persistant!

I got the impression from the story that Tara's mom was killed or hurt with a crucio curse (stupid dumb evil worshippers). It must've been terrible to actually watch someone (not to mention her potential sweetheart) be hit with the same curse.

I wonder how Tara is doing after being hit with the bludger though -- she took quite a hit. I hope her kisser is working ok :-D.

Great start Debra.

Woo AND Hoo!

db

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:10 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I frakking love Quidditch. That was so awesome. I love that Tara was the Head Girl and Team Captain. It all just made so much sense, and felt so natural in the overall scheme of things.

Still, I couldn't help but sense that somebody really doesn't like Angel. :P

What a kick-ass start to this series.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:22 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Hey Debra, you scroll-wielding woman, you.

Having just finished "The Deathly Hallows," I was especially pumped up for this story and, of course, you didn't disappoint. The roles felt very "on" in this story; it made sense that everyone was who they were. (Mary paused, realizing that her own sentence hadn't made much sense.) Willow was especially perfect as seeker--fast, spontaneous, daring.

I think it's tough to juxtapose youthful naivete or optimism with the reality of RBS (Really Bad Stuff) that awaits those youths. This is a great example of the task done well. It's clear that dark times are ahead (no pun intended); everyone's world is about to change even more than it already has; you have a student using an unforgivable curse. And yet--there's the game. There's the snitch. I loved Willow's train of thought as to just why that task was so critical in this moment: if she catches it, all will be well.

You know I love my comedy and pairing Cordy and Dru as announcers was a stroke of brilliance. Cordy, interspersing play-by-play with fashion critiques; and Dru, just...being Dru. In the sun and moon, indeed...

Thank you for starting us off so well, Debra. Now go kiss that wife of yours.

Mary

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:49 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

:-D there aren't even words :-D

"When you get excited about something, one might imagine you as a small, maniacally grinning rubber ball, which someone throws at the wall in an enclosed room, and goes bouncing off every surface for about 15 minutes."
- Mudrat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:23 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Yessss! Let the Games Begin!

1) I so love the team lineups. Especially Slytherin. Ad Am, Kool Aid! *snickers*

2) There's a sense of connection to the canon Hogwarts. Not only in the commonality of the names and the mention of Harry, but the traditions, the atmosphere and how the external world of evil also perpetrates into Hogwarts-US.

3) What I appreciate about your short stories is how they are standalones, and yet not. What do I mean by that? That even in a short story you have a whole universe mapped out, with back story, character development and future story potential. Look at S&S, Friendly Friends. There's an anticipation at the end that this is not the end, you know what I mean?.Tara going to England to study to be an Auror -- will she get involved in battling Voldemort if he and his army comes to the US? The Slytherins leaving en masse -- what's up with that? What happened to Tara's Mom? How do they continue their blossoming relationship? Will Willow go to England too when she graduates? Lots of intriguing questions I want answers to.

4) What an inspired variation of the synchronicity spell. Like the rose, balancing on 2 brooms while holding hands ... sigh.

5) mmmKissing. Willow is persistent in her pursuit of Tara! :clap Go Willow! Not surprising, since seekers by nature have to be aware, focused and persistent.

6)
Quote:
“I don’t know if it’s a good idea, Will. I mean everything’s so… you know. And I’m just not very good with the…” She pulled away one hand and waved her fingertips back and forth between the two girls.

“Fly-shooing?”

Excellent take on the "not so good with the swimming" line.

7) The quidditch action. Wow. Angel is a foul-mouth brute, I wish Faith would clobber him more. No, he needs to be sent to somewhere unspeakable for using the unforgiving curse. grrrr.

8) mmmConfessions of love. The "I love you more" declarations, so sweet.

Great start, Elvis.
[br]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:27 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

A great start to this series, Debra. This story could have been done light and fluffy, but you've given it all the darkness and drama of the original. And still kept the humour that others have commented on. In a short story, much of which is taken up with description of the action, you've given us insight into many of the characters, both good & evil, and pointed the way toward the larger story. Good stuff.

Russ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:58 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Great story, you really nailed the nature of the 'schoolkid' in Harry Potter (and canon Buffy, neat parallel), that they're still developing in many ways, emotionally and in their outlook on life, but at the same time the environment they're in contains immediate dangers and forces that make them grow up quick, or else. Willow and Tara's relationship is this compelling mix of maturity in its presentation - the way it's not just plain sailing once they kiss for the first time, the way Willow knows Tara's into her and still has to work for a real relationship between them to happen - and a pronounced adolescence beneath it all, with Tara's hesitation for fear of emotional hurt later on - wanting to preserve, as much as she can, the childlike state where her life seems controllable and reliable, which the attack on her mother shattered - and Willow's somewhat devil-may-care willfulness through the whole thing. I liked how they edged towards deepening their relationship, through a combination of persistence, luck, and blind chance.

I'm totally in agreement on one other point, too - get rid of Slytherin. A friend summed the whole house system up pretty well: if you're a hero you go to Gryffindor, if you're a brain you go to Ravenclaw, if you're a stoner you go to Hufflepuff, and if you're a rat-bastard you go to Slytherin. It's a hot-house for evil jerks, I can't imagine how it's meant to produce anything positive overall.

Then again, I guess at least it does predispose the evil jerks to be obvious evil jerks, making them easier to identify when the time comes to break out the wands and hex them out of existence. Even He-who-must-not-and-so-on would be dismayed at blatant use of an Unforgiveable out of pointless frustration. Just imagine how much worse a time the Aurors (I like the image of Tara as an Auror, by the way, I'm picturing her in Tonks's costume from Phoenix, very street-tough sexy) would have if more than one in ten of their enemies actually knew what 'subtlety' was...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:42 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Wonderful story, debra. I've never read or watched anything Harry Potter...but I can tell you captured it well. :luv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:28 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

[center]Image[/center]

Story Title – Shower Scenes #1
Author – JustSkipIt
Pairing – T/W
Feedback – Yes, please
Spoilers – None
Rating – PG
Disclaimer – Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy own Willow and Tara and the Buffyverse. No copyright infringement is meant by this fic and I will not make any money from it.

At first I was totally irritated about this bet. I mean… why did I take the bet at all? Because Buffy dared us? Not a good enough reason. Ninety days. Giles is e-mailing everything and paying his bills online, Buffy is learning Latin, Xander is taking ballet, and I’ve joined a gym. And I have to go and workout 5 days a week for the entire time. Of course now you’re wondering what the payoff is. $1000 apiece and bragging rights which are obviously worth more than the money.

So now I’m a gym rat. Ok, maybe not a rat. I joined one of those megalithic gyms that are open 24 hours a day so that if I am too embarrassed to go, I can at least go in the middle of the night but I tried that and all the guys were either kind of stoned or kind of roid-ragey or some combination of the two so I’m taking my chances in the morning before I go to the office.

And quite honestly, I just don’t feel like going back home to shower and change. So not only am I here four weekdays and one weekend day at 6:00 in the morning, but I get dressed at the gym too. It’s all kind of embarrassing too, like I’m being picked last for kickball in fourth grade or something. I mean sure, if Xander was captain he would pick me so I wouldn’t be last but other than that? Lasty McLast you can call me.

Mostly I use the cardiovascular machines. I mean they don’t take a degree in rocket science to figure them out (not that it would be a deterrent) although I have no idea what I’m supposed to get from the heart rate information. But the weights? No way. I’ll look like an idiot. And the aerobics classes? Step aerobics? Who thought of that? A way to look more like a spazz and fall over things? I’ll just skip it.

The downside is that Blondy-Blue does the aerobics class. So there’s never a chance to go by her machine and ask if she’s done reading Jane or Mother Jones or whatever and could I borrow it and not bend any of the pages down or sweat on it or anything. You know, like the hot (I guess they’re hot?) guys do when the girls are working out? And going to her step class would really only convince her that I’m a total spazz.

The upside? Ok. I get to the gym at 5:35 and she arrives at 5:40 for a 5:45 class. I get done and go in the locker room at 6:26 and take my shower. I try to be quick because it’s all one big kind of communal area and again it’s like a flash back but this one to high school. Her class must end at 6:30 because she usually comes in at 6:32 while I’m rinsing my conditioner. And… What can I say? She’s just… I mean perfect. Her body? Her Hair? Her … I always have to turn off the hot on my spigot to keep from hyperventilating. I think I’ve seen her glancing at me but maybe she just wonders why I’m shivering while I towel off.

And I had this great plan that maybe I could go ask her to borrow her hairdryer or her hairbrush or something. But I mean what kind of person doesn’t take those things to the gym? I found this really cool bag with like a compartment for everything. It has room for 4 tampons and hair rubber bands and three toothbrushes and toothpaste and conditioner and shampoo and a scrubby with a separate pocket to keep the scrubby from getting my other stuff wet.

And it’s not like I could pretend that I don’t have any mouse. I mean one day I was buttoning up my blouse and I looked over and she was kind of smiling at me. Did I mention she has a very cute smile? It’s a little lop-sided but very cute. Anyway, so she looked at me and then at my bag and then said, “Your bag is very organized.” And smiled again.

I said something very smooth like, “Um… yeah. I like organization.”

Hard to believe she didn’t just fall into bed with me that day huh? Smooth, Rosenberg. Arggghhh.

And I mean. Was she hitting on me? Or just being friendly? Maybe she works for a gym bag manufacturer and she wanted to do marketing research. Or maybe I was in her space and she really wanted me to move. Or maybe, and did I mention you can shoot me now?, she saw me sneaking peeks at her in the shower. Which, really, it’s kind of her fault about the peeks because if she didn’t want me to thinks she’s so hot, she shouldn’t be so hot. I know, not Earth Logic. But I’m kind of at a loss here and I’ve been working out for 43 days now.

Well, ok. That was all totally and 100% true until this morning at 6:51. I was just putting a little blush on my cheeks. I mean not that I’m like makeup girl or anything but I don’t want anyone to mistake me for a vampire either.

So I was at the mirror with my trusty handy-dandy bag and she comes over. She was wearing her slacks and blouse so at least I didn’t lose consciousness or anything and she stood for a minute before speaking. “Excuse me. Do you have any extra toothpaste in that wonderful bag of yours?”

She held out her toothbrush and a really mangled empty toothpaste tube which, #1 I guess we can assume she doesn’t roll from the bottom and #2 I could have sworn that she had toothpaste when I was surreptitiously watching her yesterday. I mean… the way she brushes her teeth is just so cute and oh god. I am totally insane aren’t I?

So to demonstrate exactly why I should not do step aerobics I promptly dropped my blush brush and then caught it before it rolled off the counter, getting blush on my slacks. Very smooth. “I… yes. I have um…” I reached in the bag and pulled out three really fresh tubes. “Peppermint or Wintermint or um… Apricot.” I looked at the tubes. “But I haven’t tried the apricot yet and somehow it doesn’t seem like that great an idea now. Maybe you want to stay safe?” I held them out to her.

She smiled at me. “I’m feeling r-rather brave at the moment.” She reached out and took the apricot one and squeezed a little onto her brush (from the bottom). She handed it back and stepped over to the nearest sink and brushed her teeth and obviously she could see me kind of dopily looking at her since, hello, mirror? But I couldn’t help it. She had spoken to me not once or even twice but three times? I blushed and looked at my feet and finished putting my makeup away.

I was zipping up my bag when she came back into the area by the lockers. “I really appreciate the toothpaste…”

She paused long enough that I finally figured out that she wanted my name. “Willow.”

She smiled. “Willow. Maybe I could take you to dinner to pay you back?”

I scrunched up my eyebrows a little bit. “Dinner for toothpaste? That seems a little uneven don’t you think? I mean it’s just toothpaste and if you like calculate the cost per gram I don’t think…” She was laughing at me. Not laughing mean just looking like she thought I was the most amusing person she’d ever met.

“Willow. I don’t really mean to pay you back.” She kind of giggled. “I just meant maybe we could go to dinner? You know together?” She waved her fingers back and forth between us.

“Oh. Oh! Really? I uh… you mean like a date?” I probably said that last word too loud because a girl on the next row of lockers looked at me weirdly. “A date?”

“Would that be a problem?”

I smiled. “So very the no. I mean, not no to dinner. No to a problem. No at all to a problem. As in yes to dinner. Very the yes. I mean… I’m a spazz.”

She pulled a business card from her pocket and pointed at the number. She’s a county prosecutor: Tara Maclay.

I kind of rushed to grab one of my own from my super-organized bag. “Here’s mine. See right here in the business-card pocket.”

She looked at it with a smile. “Are you free tonight?”

I felt stupid but I had to grab my palm and check it. “Yes. Totally free. Where? When?” We set it up and she said she’d pick me up.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:10 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

DIBS!

I LOVE babbling Willow. Debra, this was just a hoot. Thanks for giving me something to smile about. I've been buried in a performance management proposal for a class (so not fun). This little locker room scene was just the boost I needed.

Quote:
“I… yes. I have um…” I reached in the bag and pulled out three really fresh tubes. “Peppermint or Wintermint or um… Apricot.” I looked at the tubes. “But I haven’t tried the apricot yet and somehow it doesn’t seem like that great an idea now. Maybe you want to stay safe?” I held them out to her.

She smiled at me. “I’m feeling r-rather brave at the moment.” She reached out and took the apricot one and squeezed a little onto her brush (from the bottom)

Ah...awkward flirting...what fun. Makes me almost want to go out and join a gym.

Michelle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:18 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Babbling Willow is the best. I always love the scenes when they meet. It's shy vs. shy and flustered and I love it so. Cute scene. :) It feels like it could happen to anyone in the right situation, and I guess that's what makes it relate.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:47 pm 
3. Flaming O

Loved it! It's cute to imagine Willow in a fluster about everything, and you could see it happening too :blush
Will you be continuing or is it just a one of chapter?

musicmad10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:45 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 4
OMG, that monlogue was hilarious.

Loved the HP crossover, too. The tone was exactly right given the HP universe, you made the Buffy transplants look right at home there. I missed quidditch in book 7 so this was nice that way, too.

b