The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Willtaralympics 2007: An RKT Sports Spectacular
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:03 pm 
2. Floating Rose

DIBS!!!!!

Great Fic. Love the fact that it was from Buffy's point of view. I just about rolled out of my chair laughing. It was soooo cute!!

Good Job!

Rowanstar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:08 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Topics: 1
Hee! Nice use of the "shower" concept. And yay! for first person perspective! :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:50 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Deb,

Oh my god, that was cute. A little light on the LCFMs for me, but I can hang.

Okay, that sounded a little, well something, but I liked it. I really did. Blind dates, quirky sense of humor, kisses and gay love… What’s not to like?

Interesting that you chose to write 1st person from Buffy’s POV. I know she’s not exactly your favorite character, but I thought you did a good job with it. Especially with comments like this one:
Quote:
I just play that “Angel was my one true love” sob, sob, sob card and they back off. I guess killing your lover when you’re seventeen can have its payoffs even if he does return.

Umm, maybe. Not sure. Haven’t done that, but I imagine it would be pretty effective.

I did like your version of Dawn, but this part made me a little dubious:
Quote:
Incredibly she’s hinted that she’ll be fully eligible to wear white as she walks down the aisle and I can’t decide whether to be impressed or a little dismayed over it. In cases like that, I find it best not to think about it.

I agree, I wouldn’t sure if that was a good or bad thing. I find it’s always good to test drive before I buy, but I’m a middle-aged horn dog, so whatever works for Dawn.
Quote:
She was very pretty with light brown or maybe dark blonde hair…

Yay, Tara coming to the brunette side. That makes me happy.
Quote:
Neither of them is wearing a rainbow choker or bracelet or anything that it seems like Willow breaks out every time she decides she’s ready to date again.

lol! Queer code. I always wear a “Support Gay Marriage” rainbow bracelet when I play a wedding here in the Bible Belt. Makes me feel better.
Quote:
The shower games were somewhat less lame than the usual and I have to attribute that to Anya. … I rejected the ones that involved eating larvae of any kind or drawing entrails but the remaining ones were very fun.

Hmmm, Anya, party games, sounds pretty scary to me.
Quote:
It looked like someone went hunting and shot a couch.

I had to quote that just because I love the line. Cool.
One last quote, again just because I love the line.
Quote:
(thank God for Slayer stealth or maybe I could have driven a Zamboni down the hall without their noticing).

Again, Deb, this was funny and cute, and despite what you know about me, in this case it means that I liked it. Good job. Will there be more Shower Scenes? Just curious. Keep up the good work!

Diane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:01 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hahahaha, I loved that. The POV was definitely interesting, and although Buffy wasn't exactly wonderful here, I think it worked out marvelously for what you wanted to achieve. If she had been someone we could have liked, things would have just been so same-old-same-old with the storyline, but what you did made it fresh and exciting.

Awesome job. :)

diamondforever's fanfiction archive

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:20 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great fic,like the fact that it was written from Buffy's POV.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:11 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Kaia: That was a great story. They are both very driven characters (in more ways than one). So were Willow's questionable tactics just in order to win the race or was she trying to get Tara all hot and bothered?

If it was the latter then it certainly worked judging from the end of the story :wtkiss

Debra: All your shower scenes have been really good :D I particularly liked the latest one. Willow and Tara seemed to hit it off so well that I was starting to wonder if it'd turn out that they already knew each other. I liked seeing it from Buffy's POV her inner monologue was :rofl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:31 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Crimson Tide
Race fans, hot rodders! What is needed to spike ratings and send them into the freakin' red zone is for the camera to lovingly caress the curves and lines of both Willow and Tara's leather clad bodies as they do shoots about how they're going to open a can of whoop-ass on their track rivals and put them away early.
"It's a man's man's man's world but it ain't nothing without a woman or a girl."-R.I.P James Brown.
That was a dirty bit o' cheatin' on Willow's part to gain the advantage over Tara in that particular race and we don't often see Willow play the "carnal morals be damned I'm preternaturally sexy and I'm using it" card to accomplish her dual goal of winning the race and attracting Tara's attention.
Willow got Tara so worked up that Tara didn't know whether to beat her with the tire iron and drag her off to her trailer or take the gentle approach and haul Willow into the shower and give her a good drenching with the shower nozzle.
One thing's for sure, they're both going to give the other a thorough paint job.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:53 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Shower Scene #4
Wow, you certainly have a knack for capturing Buffy's mixture of whiny self-absorbed cattiness and who knew she had the word crudite in her vocabulary.
Hard to think of Dawn being old enough to get married either, but hey, this is Sunnydale we're living in, isn't it?
Quote:
but she kind of gave off an air that if there had been men present, she would have been the most not interested person in any room.

I get this look from women every time I walk into a room so I am well acquainted with the emotions at play here.
Willow and Tara's meet-cute was exponentially expanded into a meet adorable and time and space fell away and they were tangentially aware of the others in the room but they only had eyes and fingers and then tongues for each other.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:17 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

aaaaahhhh, debra!!! that has to be my favourite shower scene so far!!! it was funny *giggle* i loved buffy's POV :-D grrrreeeeeat job! :-D

"When you get excited about something, one might imagine you as a small, maniacally grinning rubber ball, which someone throws at the wall in an enclosed room, and goes bouncing off every surface for about 15 minutes."
- Mudrat

Last edited by Thianne on Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:36 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Crimson Tide

heh, it's taken us 4 fics to get to NC-17. Thanks, K. Good choice of sport too, very tough, very butch. I like how you let both of their aggressive sides to come out to play because man, even canon Willow and Tara are capable of aggression. Nice assembly of side characters too -- Xander, Spike and even the commenter with a crush on the Blue Tornado are lively 3-dimensional characters.

You know what they say, emotions that intense can turn even more intense when you bring a new dimension to it. I'm thinking there aren't that many female racers on the circuit and Willow's arrogance and reputation would surely spark off tremendous rivalry between them. And when things turned personal, ie when Tara became Furious!Tara, that was when intense competition turned into intense attraction.

[hr]

Shower Scene #4

I love love love this shower scene! That: 1) it was from Buffy's pov was a wonderfully refreshing change, because for once she wasn't all.about.her; 2) it had wonderful family stuff, weddings are happy times and I could feel Buffy's, Xander's and of course Dawn's but mostly Buffy's happiness; 3) even in such a short time, the blossoming of the Willow/Tara attraction was so, so sweet.

Great ending. Buffy was pretty sure she had the evidence that they were into each other, and I could see her big wide grin as she returned downstairs to report on their triumph. And lovely image of Tara pushing Willow up against the wall, oblivious to the world (and nearby slayer).

Love it, love it, love it.
[br]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:51 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

And again with the great shower scene, Debra! This was ingenious on two levels: first, the whole twist on the idea of "shower," and second, using Buffy's POV. As other people have remarked, we don't often see things from her perspective. You gave her an interesting combination of self-absorbed and surprisingly perceptive. I loved her casual asides about the characters present. I drew an especially great pleasure from her mixed reaction to Dawn's insistence on the white dress eligibility issue. There was just this succinctness to her observations that seems very much in character: she sees; she sums up; she moves on.

And speaking of moving on--if you'll excuse me, I need to go couch hunting.

I'm really enjoying these vignettes, Debra--nice work!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:10 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

[center]Image[/center]

Title: Hoop and the Harm
Author: AntigoneUnbound
Setting: The women’s college basketball Final Four, 2008
Disclaimers: These are fictional games between actual teams. While I use the coaches’ first names, all other characters are either the property of that wanker Joss Whedon and ME or my own creation. I make no money off of this, or much else, for that matter.
Distribution: Avec acknowledgement, please.

(By the way, this story just sorta grew on me. It was supposed to be a cute little 10-page ditty. So I’m posting it in multiple sections. God alone knows where I lost it, but I hope you enjoy.)

Many thanks to Car, for helping me flesh out this story, navigate the technological side of posting (yes, it does exist!), and basically be an incredibly supportive woman who helps me believe that it’s OK to take time to write. You’re a goddess-send, girlfriend! Thanks also to Chris for the wonderful graphics and to the RKT group for their ingenuity and dedication. ’tis an honor, good scribes.

Forword:

OK, if you’re familiar with women’s basketball, and US women’s college hoops in general, you can just skip over this little primer. If you’re not, the following would fall under the heading of Useful Information:

1) The Final Four is the culmination of the women’s season. It consists of the winners of each of four regionals. Each regional has 16 teams for a total of 64 teams in the field. Note: In actuality, the national semi-finals are on Sunday afternoon while the final is on Tuesday night. For the purposes of this story, however, I reverted to the original schedule of Friday semi-finals and a Sunday afternoon final.

2)The two strongest teams over the last decade have been the University of Tennessee Lady Volunteers (or Vols) and the University of Connecticut (or UConn) Huskies. They’re coached by Pat Summit and Geno Auriemma, respectively. Their rivalry is fierce, fueled by different styles and the coaches’ widely rumored animosity. Think Red Sox and Yankees; think Ohio State and Michigan; think Manchester United and whatever team they hate. (Sorry, I’m not so much with the soccer knowledge.)

3) Rebound are called “boards.”

4) The Tennessee mascot is “Smoky,” this old hound dog brought to life by a student in a big furry costume. Vols’ games feature the song “Rocky Top” approximately 5000 times per contest, or at least it seems that way. The Connecticut mascot is the Husky, also embodied by a student.

5) The WNBA is the Women’s National Basketball Association, now in--I believe--its 11th year.

And by the way: I don’t really pull for either of these teams, nor do I hold either one in sneering disdain. I think both programs have put out some incredible athletes over the years, and their rivalry has led to some fantastic games.

And now…on with our story.

[center]Image Image Image [/center]

Ten…Nine…Eight…

I’ll believe it when the final horn sounds…

It was physically impossible for them to lose this game. Tara knew that. No team could score ten points in eight seconds…

Seven…Six…Five…

…unless the opposition did something of such gargantuan stupidity that the entire team would be taken for CAT scans or suspected of throwing the game…

Four…Three…Two…

…they’re not stupid, but God, their luck…

One…

Please oh please just fucking end

And then it came, the final, beautiful blare of the buzzer and all manner of hoops hell broke loose and Tara was grabbing some random woman (Nice delts!) and then another random woman because that’s what these moments were for--deep emotional connections with total strangers. In one of her few bursts of technological cravings, she wished she had a recorder of sorts implanted within her, something that would let her play every moment of this over and over, from this exact perspective. Eventually, she turned to fight her way down to the court to tell her best friend that she knew this would happen, she always knew this would happen, even when Faith herself wasn’t sure. UConn was going to the Final Four.

She paused for a moment to take in the scene on the floor. Faith was hugging anyone within a 10-foot radius while camera crews circled ’round and the ESPN sideline reporter elbowed her way into Faith’s personal space. Snyder, UConn’s media relations liaison, hovered nearby, doing his own personal two-step of dithering and posturing.

I bet he still has nightmares about the Jam…

Paradise Jam was an early-season invitational tournament played in the Virgin Islands; hence the “Paradise.” UConn had been a participant their freshman year. Faith was the Number 2-ranked player in the nation coming out of high school, and she already had a reputation for being flashy--the brash kid from the Bronx. The press swarmed to her after their first game, wherein Faith had dropped 22 points on Temple and pulled down 12 boards.

“How do you like the Virgin Islands?” asked a reporter from Sports Illustrated.

“What’s not to like?” Faith replied with a grin. “The water is warm, the breeze is cool, and the women are smokin’.”

Snyder almost died on the spot. At Geno’s request, she refrained from non-athletic commentary thereafter--provided the straight girls had the same rule. The comment got a lot of coverage, though, and to this day Snyder had the look of a man opening the results of a paternity test whenever anyone approached Faith with a microphone.

Finally she pushed her way to the court, where Faith had just finished spouting the usual sports clichés. (“We knew this would be a battle; everybody really stepped up; we just wanted to leave it all out there on the floor.”) “Tarmac!” she bellowed, pulling Tara into a pulmonary incident-inducing hug until the blond managed to wheeze, “Air becoming a problem.”

Faith put her down and flashed a grin that was at once cocky and child-like. “Can you believe it, T? We’re going to St. Pete!”

Tara Maclay had been Tarmac since their first semester as suite mates. Faith gave everyone some kind of alternative handle, whether the person wanted it or not. Cassie Litwell was C-lit from the first day of practice. “What?” Faith tried to calm the spluttering point guard. “It’s two syllables: Cee-lit. I mean, I’m not gonna go writing it down or anything.”

“Can’t I have a cooler nickname?” Tara pleaded. “This is airport concrete you’re sticking me with.”

Faith gave her the sad, loving look of a parent about to Break The News About Santa Claus. “Tarmac, I don’t know how to tell you this--kinda surprised I have to, actually--but…You’re not cool.”

“What? I’m--”

“Listen to me, OK? You’re smart, funny, way nicer than me or anybody I routinely associate with…and you have a great rack,” she added earnestly. “But you are not cool. Giving you a cool nickname would be…It would be like giving Barbara Bush a strap-on: just an egregious waste of resources.”

“Bite me,” Tara muttered, simultaneously deciding that nice was over-rated and fervently hoping that she never encountered those two nouns in the same sentence ever again.

“T, wait--I just used the word ‘egregiously.’ I used it correctly. You taught me that. Doesn’t that count for something?”

“It counts toward making you a slightly less sub-literate wench.” But she couldn’t stay mad at Faith; not then, not ever during the next three and a half years. Two women whose paths might never have crossed if not for the computer-generated randomness of freshman housing met; became friends; stayed friends. Even when Faith opted to live off campus with some of her teammates; even when her life was non-stop basketball--UConn; Pan-Ams; Junior Nationals--Faith had held onto their improbable connection. She attended every recital Tara gave if she was physically able to do so; she showed unexpected gentleness when Tara’s mother suffered a stroke their sophomore year that left her partially paralyzed. And when a high ankle sprain forced her out of the regional finals last year, a game they’d been winning but went on to lose while Faith watched from the bench, Tara was the one person who saw her cry.

Tara wasn’t entirely sure what made them so close; they were both gay, but there was no shortage of lesbians on campus. She suspected that both of them felt like outsiders compared to their more moneyed peers. They attended college only by virtue of their gifts: Faith’s, to take a defender off the dribble and hit the pull-up jumper in the lane; Tara’s, to sit down at a piano and turn a sheet of dots and lines into something almost achingly beautiful.

Whatever its source, their friendship was deep and unshakable. So Tara became a Huskies fan, with all rights and responsibilities appertaining thereunto. And foremost among those was hating Tennessee.

[center]* * * * *[/center]

“Eight in ’08!”

The cheer rolled through the Delta Center, wave after wave pouring out of and over a sea of orange. Tennessee was going to the Final Four--again--where they would try to win the eighth national championship in the program’s history; the second in as many years.

Willow screamed with everyone around her, waiting for the band to strike up the inevitable “Rocky Top.” “Do you think they ever get tired of playing that song?” she once asked Buffy.

Her best friend, who was currently cutting down a section of the net, had looked skeptical. “If they do, it’s a safe bet they’d never tell anyone. They’d get a reed shoved down their throats and a drumstick shoved…well, elsewhere.”

Willow and Buffy had met at freshman orientation, where Willow--who had never watched a basketball game in her life--looked at the blonde, beautiful girl easily chatting up an upper-class assistant and thought, “Southern belle, here for her MRS degree.” Then she overheard the resoundingly gay woman to her right mutter excitedly to her equally gay friend, “Hey, that’s Summers! I can’t believe the top hoops recruit in the freakin’ country has to sit through this stuff like us mortals.”

OK…Southern belle and dumb jock. How nice--she’s double-majoring. Only later would Willow learn that Buffy was neither Southern (“Ever hear of Sunnydale, California? It’s a real hell hole.”) nor dumb, though she was indeed a jock of the highest order. They met in World Religions their first semester, when they were paired for a group project and learned that they both lived in MacAllister Hall. Willow expected Buffy to try to cut as many corners as possible, if not openly ditch her part of the assignment. To her surprise, Buffy was not only diligent, but showed an unexpectedly agile, if unorthodox, mind.

“Do you suppose organized religion has saved more lives or taken more lives?” she mused as they walked to the library that first night. “I mean, all religions, over the entire course of the species.” Willow’s shock must have shown on her face, because Buffy gave her a wry look and added, “I’m sorry; I’ll try to conform to stereotype. I’ll be over here batting my eyes and lifting weights until the shock passes.”

Willow soon learned that Buffy needed a life outside of basketball, because in Knoxville, Tennessee, women’s hoops generated something just this side of cultish devotion. “God, it’s like I’m the Chosen One,” she sighed after a pre-season editorial their sophomore year touted her as a candidate for Player of the Year. Willow, whose total athletic inclinations consisted of dashing from her laptop to the Starbucks countertop for another cran-orange muffin, watched in first curiosity and then respect as Buffy made one sacrifice after another for her sport. She could go pro after graduation, a relatively recent option in the US. But to make any real money she would have to play in Europe in the WNBA off-season. Besides the common homesickness, the year-round play would take a toll on her body and probably shorten her career. Willow had already received more lucrative offers than she could count.

But Buffy, for all of the stress, loved basketball. So Willow, her best friend, became a Lady Vols fan, with all the rights and responsibilities appertaining thereunto. And foremost among these was hating UConn.

The teams arrived in St. Petersburg on Wednesday. The national semifinals were Friday, with the final on Sunday afternoon.

Tara had saved every penny since their freshman year in anticipation of this event. “What if we don’t make it?” Faith asked after the regional final loss. “I have exactly one more year to do this.”

“Then we throw the biggest lesbian bash that Storrs, Connecticut has ever seen,” Tara replied, aching for her best friend and trying to instill the confidence she felt into the demoralized figure before her. “Or give the money to charity.” Faith was silent for a moment, then mumbled, “I vote for the bash. With naked dancing women.”

“Voyeuristic exploitation. Check.”

But instead of that bash they were here instead at the Final Four. Tara had snatched up the travel package, with the reduced rate for students, crammed as many packages of Ramen noodles as she could fit into her bag, and taken off for Florida. She checked into her hotel on Thursday afternoon, along with two fellow UConn fanatics she’d come to be friends with over the years.

Maybe I’ll get lucky and meet some hot little hoops groupie. Why not? She wasn’t in a relationship. She and Cordelia had broken up six months ago. Great hair; high maintenance. There was nothing to stop her from taking full advantage of the veritable sea o’ lesbians around her. Behold, a child in a store that sells, among other things, candy. She chuckled to herself as she thought of the camera crews that would desperately seek out families, children, and boyfriends as they panned the crowd, all the while trying to skim over the groups of athletic, sometimes androgynous women who pretty clearly did not date boys. Tara hoped she’d live to see the day that a national championship game ended with a stampede of lesbians pouring out onto the floor to kiss their sweaty, victorious girlfriends.

On this Thursday afternoon, though, she contented herself with strolling through the various festivities and soaking up the energy. All these wonderful women that the camera would try to pretend weren’t there…Women of all shapes and sizes and hair colors--like that cute, diminutive redhead in the black windbreaker over there in the pretzel line, the one with the upturned nose and the animated way of talking with the older gentleman beside her.

“So why do they call it a skip pass, anyway, when the ball actually never touches the court? I mean, when you skip, your feet definitely touch the ground…not that you personally do much in the way of skipping--or maybe you do. In which case, whoo hoo for you! Skip away!” Her companion seemed to be trying to edge his way away from her toward a Stanford vendor selling pennants.

Tara was utterly captivated. Does her mind always work like that, or did she snort espresso this morning? She decided to get a better look, angling toward the exchange.

The girl had a fantastic smile, and even from a distance Tara could see the green eyes sparkling with energy. She had what looked like a nice figure, too, from what she could see as the redhead started to shuck off the windbreaker under the Florida sun--flat tummy and that delicious curve of--

Oh God, no. Not that. Anything but that…

That beautiful body was housed in the most abominable thing imaginable: a Lady Vols t-shirt.

I wonder if he skips? I bet he belongs to some professional skipping club, or maybe a self-help group for people who skip. I really should learn to-- Suddenly she felt eyes upon her and while it wasn’t the first time it had happened since she arrived in St. Pete, this time felt different even before she turned. She looked around in confusion before spotting the statuesque, curvaceous blond a few feet away. She registered the blue eyes, filled with a dawning horror, a split second before she registered the blue Huskies shirt.

And she inwardly questioned all that she had once believed about a God who loved her.

How can such beauty dwell within a thing of such ugliness?

Their eyes held, locked for one moment. And then, as if by mutual consent, each turned and walked away.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:33 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

The Hoop and the Harm
Part 2

Of all the tournaments of all the sports in all the world, she has to walk into my Final Four. Tara took another deliberate sip of her gin and tonic, staring moodily out over her hotel balcony. She rubbed her arms absently over the violet long-sleeved shirt she’d thrown on against the chill.

The city was practically crawling with lesbians, and she had to go and get frothy over a freakin’ Tennessee fan.

I’ll bet she sings that fucking ‘Rocky Top’ song a thousand fucking times a season. Her inner dialogue usually tended toward the philosophical, but tonight she just felt grumpy. How dare the girl disguise her true form with that deceitful outer garment. Perhaps she knew that she wore the raiment of the Beast…

This was ridiculous. It was a 10-second experience, for Sappho’s sake. She needed to get out of her hotel room and meet up with her roommates at the bar. There were lots of women out there, cute women, non-Tennessee women, women like the one she’d just spotted, standing on her own balcony on the floor below, one room to the left, who was glancing up now as if she could see Tara gazing at her and--

No. No fucking way.

Willow stared back, not wanting to notice how the blonde hair shimmered in the dim light from her room. Say something, Rosenberg. Don’t just stand there and gawk like…like some idiot Husky. She put her hands on her hips and did her best imitation of cocky.

"Glad to see you took your shirt off!” she practically bellowed into the night.

I did not just say that…

The blonde looked startled for a moment, then shot back, “You’d like that, wouldn’t you!”

OK, she asked for it…Game on. Take her down, Rosenberg. “Yes I would, but not because I’m some over-heated pervert--I mean, it’s not even hot, so how could a person get over-heated--so that’s not why I said that. I said that because it shows you have some decency because any decent person knows that Huskies are terrible creatures. I mean, not the actual husky dog, ‘cuz they’re actually really cute and I would never, ever want anything bad to happen to any of them and--well, I wouldn’t want anything really bad to happen to a Husky-type person because hello, inviting bad karma here, but you know what I mean so…so yeah, that’s right. I would like that, but not how you obviously intended in that naughty double-entendre kinda way.”

Tara could only stare. As a music performance major, she’d heard some wild sounds in her time, but this was the most random collection of noises she’d ever encountered. The die-hard fan in her wanted to snap, “So you must be enrolled in Tennessee’s illustrious debate and rhetoric program,” but even as every rational part of her recoiled in horror she couldn’t help thinking that this woman was just the cutest damn thing she’d ever seen.

Get a hold of yourself, Tara. Better yet, get hold of her. No, not her. She’s the enemy, all orange and self-righteous and hot and pouty and I wish my hands were on her hips right now…

Stop it! Say something! Don’t just stand there gawking like…like some idiot Volunteer

“OK. You and me. In my room. Now.”

Very nice, Maclay. Why not just shout, “Wanna fuck?”

Willow glared up at her. Look at those breasts, even under a jacket…

“I’m coming!”

Oh God, somebody shut me up.

Sixty seconds later--enough time for both women to brush their teeth while telling themselves that it was just basic hygiene--Willow rapped nervously on the door of Room 762.

Once I look at her, face to face, and tell her exactly what I think of her snotty little Huskies and the grease ball who coaches them, I’ll--

The door swung open to a blue-eyed goddess.

--bury my face in her breasts and never, ever leave.

Tara looked at her with a gaze blurred somewhat by lust, then folded her arms across her chest. “So. You’re a Vols fan.”

“Darn tootin’. And you’re a Huskies fan.” She suddenly wished she were just a little bit taller.

“So actually, I guess there’s really not much for us to talk about, is there?” Then why did I call her up here?

As if you don’t know…

“Nope. No use talking. Nothing to talk about.” Then why did I come up here?

As if you don’t know…

“Right.”

“Right.”

They stared at each other for what Willow would later calculate to be 3.56 seconds. And then she was hurtling through the door, pulling Tara tight against her, and crushing her mouth into what had to be the softest lips that had ever graced any human face.

Every semblance of regional pride was forgotten as the two women swayed together, lips and tongues parting and dancing. Willow heard a soft moan echoing into her own body and felt her knees go shaky. Tara pulled back slightly, just enough to press her lips into Willow’s warm, sweet neck and then along her jaw to her ear.

“This is insane,” she muttered thickly.

“Absolutely,” Willow agreed, twining her fingers into that soft, lustrous hair. “Completely certifiable.” She could feel Tara’s nipples hardening under her shirt.

Tara pulled back slightly. “I don’t even know your name,” she gasped as Willow’s tongue traced the hollow at the base of her neck.

“Under the circumstances that might be for the best,” Willow countered, sliding her hands down Tara’s sides and under her shirt, feeling the warmth of her belly. So soft… This was no time for subtlety, she decided, and pushed the blonde’s shirt up over her head. Tara herself reached back and undid the clasp of her black bra and Willow drew a long, halting breath.

“You now,” Tara whispered, and her voice seemed to have lowered a half-register. As Willow moved to pull off her own shirt, Tara’s hands wandered down over the soft curve of her ass. Oh my…

They half-walked, half-stumbled over to the bed.

May Smoky forgive me for what I am about to do, Willow thought while Tara realized dimly that if her roommates came home early and found a Lady Vol in her bed, she was well and truly fucked.

It was approximately two hours later that Tara gave a final, shuddering groan and let her legs fall uselessly over the shoulders of the woman kneeling on the floor beside the bed. A gorgeous and very satisfied face appeared with a slow smile, taking a deliberate lick of her lips before pulling herself up onto the bed and collapsing beside her. “You’re really, really good at that,” Tara managed. The redhead gave a low chuckle that she found delightful. “It helps to like what you’re doing. Speaking of which--kudos on that amazing penetration thing you have going.”

Tara blushed, at once suddenly self-conscious and very proud. Part of her wanted to crawl back up to the head of the bed, dragging this woman with her, and sink into the deepest fuck-induced sleep she’d ever had. But it was getting late…

…and her roommates could walk in at any moment, Willow thought, grimly dismissing her half-formed idea of falling asleep beside the woman who had buried three fingers so deep inside her, mouth fastened hungrily to her nipple, that she’d reached spots Willow hadn’t fully realized could feel so good; feel that good.

She heard Tara cleared her throat nervously. “And that would be the awkward throat-clearing noise that usually precedes some phrase along the lines of, ‘Uh, listen, I have to get up early in the morning,’” Willow mumbled, without resentment.

Tara grinned into the red hair. “Actually, this phrase was more like, ‘If my roommates walk in on us, they’ll kill us both and if I know Anya, they’ll never find the body.’”

After a long, delectable kiss, they both shifted, each silently wishing they could settle back into the warmth of the bed and everything it had offered that night. As they began to get dressed, though, reality crept back in, gaining a foothold with every article of clothing. An uncomfortable quiet filled the room. Tara, her back turned, heard a muttering behind her. She froze in mid-zip. “Did you just say, ‘Buffy’s gonna kill me’?”

Willow looked up guiltily. “No! No, I said…I said, ‘Stuffy but sorta chilly.’ I was making a meteorological observation.” She gave a weak smile under Tara’s unblinking gaze, then felt her back stiffen. What am I doing? Grow a pair, Rosenberg! “That’s right,” she said defiantly. “Buffy Summers--leading contender for Player of the Year, Most Outstanding Player of last year’s Final Four , two-time SEC Player of the Year. We’re friends. Good friends. Best friends.” She had a strange and sudden desire to add, “Girlfriends, actually,” which made no sense because Buffy and she had never been romantically involved. Felt like a line in a script somewhere…

Tara folded her arms across her chest. “Pleased to meet you. And perhaps you’ve heard of Faith Lehane? Boston Regional MVP? All-American? Leading scorer at the Pan-Ams last summer? Yeah--she’s my best friend.”

Oh my God, we’re like two kids saying that our fathers could beat each other up.

They stared at each other, trying to regain some equilibrium after having fucked someone like that. It wasn’t easy.

“Well. Thank you for a lovely time,” Willow managed, trying not to think of Tara’s soft breasts and the way her nipples swelled, hardened under her tongue.

Tara gave a strained nod in return, and stepped aside as Willow headed toward the door. A kiss seemed out of the question--but that didn’t stop her from watching her ass.

Her roommates’ return, a little over half an hour later, was a noisy affair, but Tara was still awake anyway. She decided to feign sleep, though--the better to avoid all questions about her evening.

“Wait, wait--she wanted you to drink shots off of her what?” Amy’s voice was that blend of drunk and animated that anyone who has spent a weekend on a college campus recognizes.

“That’s what I asked,” Anya replied, “and then--” She stopped abruptly; Tara could feel her eyes burning into her back.

“Tara Maclay, this room reeks of sex. Unless I am mistaken, you have both given and received cunnilingus tonight.” And with that, Anya piled onto her bed and shook her mercilessly.

It was almost an hour before Tara was allowed to go to sleep, but she did so having divulged only that it was a wonderful night with a woman from Duke whom she never expected to see again.

You did a one-night stand?” Amy practically squealed.

“That’s like Faith having a commitment ceremony. With an Amish girl. In a dress. From Laura Ashley.” Anya was beyond stupefied.

“Yes,” Tara concurred with her third heavy sigh of the conversation. “It’s amazing the planet still spins upon its axis. Let us sleep now, so that I might regain my strength and perhaps meet another wanton woman and do the same tomorrow.”

“You mean after we kick Duke’s ass in the semis,” Amy added.

“God, I’d love to see Tennessee go down,” Anya said darkly.

“I already have,” Tara muttered into her pillow.

“What did you say?” Anya asked, but Tara feigned sleep again, and this time more convincingly.

Willow tried to focus on the game in front of her. Tennessee was up by eight at the half, but Stanford was putting up a fight. Buffy was the game’s leading scorer with 16. Like most of the great ones, she played some of her best ball on the biggest stages.

Willow’s agitation had two sources. First, no lead was ever big enough for her. She was always envisioning scenarios in which the opposition could get back into it: X number of Tennessee turnovers at Y rate of the other team converting those turnovers into points, with Z number of the opposing team’s successful possessions, all as a function of time. It made her life difficult; it made other people avoid her late in the second half of close games.

That stress was joined this afternoon by her angst over last night’s unexpected developments. Everyone wants a Tennessee-UConn throw down. We just started sorta early, and sorta literally. It didn’t help that she kept scanning the crowd looking for her. The second national semi wouldn’t start for at least another hour and a half, but perhaps she’d come early, to root against the Vols…or maybe to look for her?

Maybe they’ll lose, and then I can be all gracious about it--I mean, at least to her face--and I can comfort her and she’ll let me touch her breasts again. Because in spite of everything, Willow really, really wanted to roll around with that naked body one more time. Ooh, maybe from behind this time… She shook her head, realizing that she didn’t even know the girl’s name.

I don’t even know her name… Tara shifted anxiously in her seat as she watched UConn take the court for the pre-game warm-up. Even if she wanted to see her again--and I’m not saying I do--would she really be willing to march down to Willow’s hotel room and pray that the right person answered the door?

Maybe I could page her… “Would the Tennessee fan with the red hair and great ass who fucked the blonde Husky fan into a state of absolute delirium please to go the nacho stand on the southwest side of the concourse.”

Tennessee won the first game, as expected. Stanford made a game of it with a 14-2 run in the second half. They were down 8 with just under ten minutes to go; Tennessee had the ball. The shot clock was running down with no good opportunities in sight when Buffy ran off a double screen, caught the ball on the run, stepped out behind the arc and calmly sank a 3-pointer as the shot clock expired. Stanford never got closer than 10 after that.

Buffy…Her friend was one of the top two players in the country, and Faith was the other. “What the hell kind of name is ‘Buffy Summers’ anyway?” Faith had asked on more than one occasion. “Who looks at a baby and says, ‘Howzabout we go with Buffy'? I bet she has friends named Barbie and Tiffany.” Tara knew that her best friend was tired of the constant comparisons; hell, Buffy might be, too. But they had been 1-2 coming out of high school; they would go 1-2 in the WNBA draft in three days. And that gorgeous, as-yet anonymous woman was Buffy’s best friend--as she was Faith’s.

She watched as Connecticut went back and forth with a surprisingly tenacious Duke team. Tara usually felt more anxious during Faith’s games then she did before her own recitals. Maybe it had to do with her utter lack of control in the former case. She just knew that Faith had worked harder than anyone truly realized to get this far.

In the second half Connecticut started pressing--full court, man-to-man--and their superior conditioning began to show. Faith had picked up two early fouls that sent the Tennessee fans into a frenzy but with less than ten minutes to go in the game she only had three and her defense grew more aggressive as a result. Tara watched with a kind of sibling pride--because Faith had no blood siblings and her single mother might or might not be here; might or might not be sober--as Faith read a pass intended for the cutter, swiped it neatly, and made a crisp outlet pass. She sprinted the length of the floor and was rewarded by a bounce pass at the foul line. She scooped it up without ever breaking stride and put in the lay-up that sent UConn up by twelve.

ESPN, the media, and most national fans were going to get what they wanted: a match-up between the top two teams in the nation, with Faith Lehane and Buffy Summers going at it one more time.

That settles it. We cannot do that again. I have a rich, full life and a promising future. I will enjoy this tournament and then go back to school and prepare to graduate. I do not need her tongue on my clit to be happy.

Really. I don’t.

“We’re playing for the title!” Amy’s voice whacked into her reverie like a cudgel. “We’re actually going for the national championship!”

“On Sunday!” Anya shouted above the din. “But tonight--tonight we party!”

Two hours later--they’d managed to see Faith for a few minutes on the court before Snyder hustled her off to the post-game press conference--the three of them were crowded into GG’s, a popular St. Pete lesbian bar that was even more popular on this particular weekend. Orange, blue, and red rippled throughout the crowd--sometimes in small, separate pockets; sometimes mingling in taunts that were, for the most part, good-natured.

The baiting between UConn and Tennessee fans, however, was markedly less civil. Tara didn’t typically join in the shout fests, but she did find it amusing. She suspected that half the people here would refuse a kidney if it came from someone who had the wrong name on her diploma.

It was better than being at the hotel, she kept telling herself, where she might risk running into her, or running down to her, or going down on her.

Who knew prepositions could be so naughty?

No, better to be here, where she didn’t even have the temptation. Nothing to remind her of the redhead who made her body sing; who slid her tongue into her and curled it just..so; who cried out in her own climax with a voice that--

“Smoky rules; UConn drools!”

--sounded a lot like that one.

You are fucking kidding me.

She wheeled around to see the dark red hair bobbing up and down in a sea of orange. Seized with the kind of bravado that had never, ever marked her social demeanor, Tara edged her way through the line of Vols fans until she was standing right behind the offender. “Who was drooling last night?” she whispered furiously.

If Willow had jumped any higher, five different sports would have wanted her on their Olympic team. “What are you doing here?” she squealed.

“Same thing you are, though with considerably more class. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.” Tara noticed a pouty-looking brunette making her way toward them. Probably her girlfriend…

“Everything OK here, Willow?” she asked suspiciously.

“Oh--it’s fine, Dawn. Just a friendly discussion between friends, chock full of amicable amity.” Willow’s voice had the artificial brightness of a Christmas display in a discount store at the south end of a strip mall.

“Doesn’t look like any friend I’ve ever met,” the snippy little thing countered, crossing her arms and giving Tara the once, twice, and third over.

“Really--everything’s great. We were just discussing the, uh…the…”

“The relative merits of essentialism versus constructionism in gender identity,” Tara supplied with a large, blindingly insincere smile. Let’s see if either of you even know--

“Right. I’m more of a Foucault girl while she has a hard time dismissing the role of biology, especially when considering studies of twins raised apart.”

Son of a…

“Fine. I’ll see you back at the hotel.” And with that, she flounced off.

“Let me guess--you woke up this morning at the crack of Dawn,” Tara said scathingly. Willow’s expression was a cross between a grimace and shudder.

“Think of me what you will--except that.” She shook her head. “Dawn’s my roommate, and she just finds a lot to whine about.”

The few on-lookers who had been following this exchange shifted their attention dramatically when Anya’s voice rolled out over the crowd, “I bet I can drink any red-state bozo here under the table. Who wants a piece of me?”

“Who hasn’t already had a piece of you?” came the rejoinder from somewhere in the orange mass, and the battle was on. Willow and Tara were left standing toe to toe--eyes blazing, hearts pounding, nipples hardening.

Finally, Tara grabbed her elbow and steered over to the corner beside the bar. “Just so we’re clear,” she muttered, “there will be no repeat of last night.”

Willow couldn’t have looked any more offended if Tara had called her a Bush supporter. “You should be so lucky,” she countered.

“You’re the one who got lucky last night,” Tara shot back. “Every cent I have says that was the best night of your life.”

“I seem to recall someone commending me on my particular skills,” Willow retorted. “Remember that part where your came in my mouth? You were grinding yourself so hard against me that my lips hurt. You take me for the lucky one?”

“I took you, that’s for sure,” Tara hissed. “Seems to me you liked being taken, just the way I did it. You remember--you were stretched out on your back, with your legs spr--”

“I remember!”

And I’m gonna come right here…

They stared at each other until Willow said through gritted teeth, “Listen, whatever bizarro-world chemistry is going on here, it stops tonight. No way am I further damning my soul by fucking someone from UConn.”

“Damning your soul?” Tara scoffed. “Last night was your biggest step up since you climbed onto the bus for kindergarten. And may I just add, it would be fucking someone from UConn again.”

“Step up?” Willow snorted. “Living in Storrs has frozen your brain. You’ve probably been on the phone all day to your advisor, reading the tournament program and asking her to help you sound out the big words.”

Tara glared at her. “Oh, you mean big words like ‘Buffy’ and ‘Smoky’? I’ll bet you guys spend your entire first semester figuring out how to plug in your computers. Or do you have computers up there on ol’ Rocky Top?”

Willow hadn’t been this furious since that jackass Xander Harris broke her yellow highlighter and ruined the biology text he’d borrowed. “If we weren’t in a crowded bar right now--”

“You’d what? Teach me a lesson?”

“I’d…I’d…” Willow gulped. Tara’s face was scant inches away from her own, blue eyes glittering; chest heaving. “I would rip your shirt off, push my hand down your pants, and stroke your cunt until you came so hard your knees buckled.” Did I just say that?

Did she just say that?

Tara fought to catch her breath. Are you really gonna do this? “Yeah, well…If we weren’t in a crowded bar I’d lay you down, spread your legs wide, and push so deep into you your eyes would roll back.” Apparently you are.

Willow stared back, trying not to pass out. “If we weren’t in a crowded bar, I’d unbutton your shirt, push your bra strap down, and suck your nipple into my mouth just to hear you groan.”

The entire place could have caught fire unnoticed as Tara managed to choke out, “If we weren’t in a crowded bar, I’d strip off your pants, bend you over a table, and--

“Room 762?”

“That’s the one.”

“Half an hour.”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:44 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

[center]The Hoop and the Harm
Part 3
[/center]

They left separately so as not to arouse suspicion. “We’ve already aroused enough other stuff,” Willow pointed out, and Tara had to agree.

Tara told Anya and Amy that she had developed the worst case of menstrual cramps ever visited upon the female side of town. Willow saw Dawn making serious time with a blonde who, if such a thing was possible, looked even more petulant than Dawn herself.

I’ll text her. Tell her I’ve met someone from Stanford. She knows I like the smart girls.

I wonder if she’s smart…

Willow wasn’t entirely sure how she made it back to the hotel without stopping to masturbate. She had never been this turned on in her life. When a random Lady Vols fan on the corner of Bradley and Evergreen yelled out, “Fuck UConn!” Willow could only silently promise to do just that.

“How long do we have?” Willow asked without preamble when Tara opened the door.

“At least a couple of hours,” Tara replied impatiently, pulling Willow into the room. She absently grabbed the “Do Not Disturb” sign and fumbled it onto the door handle. Then she slammed the door shut, grabbed Willow by the wrist, and pressed her against the wall.

“It’s Tara,” she murmured into Willow’s ear. “My name is Tara.”

“Why tell me now?” Willow managed, stifling a groan as Tara slid her hand down to the button of her jeans and popped it open.

“I want you to know it because I want to hear you scream it tonight. When you come--and you’re going to come so hard--you’re going to call out my name.”

Willow pulled the blonde’s face close to her and ran her hand down over the curved belly, then lower, and pressed hard against swollen flesh. “I’m not the only one who’s going to come hard tonight,” she muttered. “You’re already so wet I can feel it.” She was dizzy with heat. “I’m going to fuck you so hard. Deep, and slow, until you’re so crazy you’ll beg me to give you even more.”

Tara knew she couldn’t answer; not coherently, anyway. So all she said was, “Stop talking, then, and do it.”

Clothing was gone in a matter of seconds. There was nothing romantic in it; no slow undressing. Anything that stood between flesh on heated flesh was an obstacle, not a prop.

Willow cupped the full breasts in her hands; rolled the nipples under her fingers. She squeezed them slowly, and then lowered her head to one hardened nub, lips poised just above the swollen flesh. She felt Tara’s hands pressing on the back of her head; heard the frustrated groan. “C’mon, dammit.” Willow resisted, instead sliding her tongue out just enough to graze over Tara’s swollen nipple. “You want it?” she asked softly, darkly.

“Yes…You know I do.”

“Then tell me. Tell me what you want me to do.”

Tara was rocking against Willow in near desperation. She had never wanted someone’s mouth on her as badly as she did Willow’s right now.

“Say it. Tell me what you want me to do.”

If it was a battle of wills, she was glad to lose it. “I want you to suck my nipple into your mouth. Suck it as hard as you can.”

And she did. She sank her nails into Tara’s back, arching that succulent flesh toward her waiting lips. So good… She sucked one rock-hard nub into her mouth and then the next, all the while kneading each full breast, squeezing them tight, pressing them together.

She dimly heard Tara murmur, “Bed. Now.” She pulled away just long enough to drag the blonde over to the mattress and press her down. Tara’s legs fell open, cradled Willow tightly against her. They rocked together for several minutes, Willow devouring Tara’s soft, taut flesh.

Suddenly she shifted her weight, pulling back and resting on her knees between Tara’s legs. She brought her hands down to the heat, one hand lightly stroking her lips while the fingers of her other hand just brushed against Tara’s opening. She curled three fingers, gave the barest hint of pressure.

“What now?” she whispered. “What do you want me to do?”

“You know.” Tara’s voice was almost inaudible.

“Tell me. I want to hear you say the words.”

Tara rocked her hips against Willow, but still the redhead teased her. “Say the words. Tell me what you want me to do.”

Tara ran a dry tongue over her lips, eyes heavy-lidded and locked on Willow’s. Again the slightest push; the barest pressure.

“Say it.” Say it, please, I need to be in you before I--

“Fuck me.” Please. “Push into me; open me wide. Stroke my cunt and pump into me until I come.”

I might come first. “Maybe I should wait. Maybe you’re not wet enough yet.”

Tara’s eyes bore into her. “I’m as wet as you are, and I can feel you soaking into me.”

Oh God… Willow rocked forward and parted Tara with one smooth thrust. The blonde cried out, her head falling back helplessly against the pillow. Willow arched over her, curling her fingers as she dragged back toward Tara’s opening before plunging back, finding an even deeper, sweeter spot. She had never felt such a desperation to be buried within another woman. When Tara clenched against her, she felt herself contracting in response. She was arched over her, propped up on her left arm, and with every thrust her nipple grazed against Tara’s. She grew slick with sweat as she pushed as deep into Tara as she could reach. There was a grazing against her ass, and she realized that Tara had locked her legs around her, pulling her close, pinning her. As if I want to leave.

They soon found a rhythm, moving almost silently in the dark room, moonlight knifing in through a slit in the curtains and illuminating flashes of breast and belly and mouth. The two of them pushed and thrust and strained against each other, hair growing damp with sweat. Willow had never experienced anything so completely, primitively, sexual before in her life.

Don’t come too soon. Let me stroke you, over and over… But Tara was already breathing in shallower and shallower gasps, her gasps more helpless and pleading. As if by instinct, Willow made one last thrust and then held there, just one more moment and then two--and then she dragged her fingers back and found that ridged spot and she stroked it, fiercely, until she heard Tara cry out; until she felt Tara clench against her, shuddering. She held there, gazing into blue eyes that seemed like midnight in the darkness.

Finally she lowered herself fully to Tara’s warmth, listening to the wild heartbeat that gradually slowed. She wondered if hers were doing the same. After a moment she felt Tara’s hand at her wrist, subtly but insistently prompting her to withdraw her fingers.

She felt a kind of grief as she slid out, the warmth and the wetness retreating away from her. And then Tara’s fingers were cupping her chin, tilting her face upward. “I need to taste you,” she said simply, and Willow could not have declined if she wanted to--which she didn’t.

She started to shift her weight, pull Tara over onto her but the blonde shook her head. “I want to see you above me,” she whispered. “I want to see your face when you come.”

Willow could only nod, and then she rose to her knees once more, this time edging forward until she was poised above that beautiful face, those sensuous lips. You’re going to make me come with that mouth… She gave herself one last moment to savor the anticipation, and then she lowered herself.

And Tara devoured her. Hands on Willow’s ass, she pulled the redhead deeper to her, tongue probing each fold and hidden spot. No lover had ever tasted better to her--she was like almonds, or peach juice. After a moment, she brought her hands to Willow’s cunt, resting her arms against the firm thighs and spreading her gently so as to have even more of the sweet flesh pressed against her lips. She looked up and saw the curving jaw line, the full lips, the eyes closed in pleasure.

I will drink you until you think you have nothing left, and then I’ll pull one more drop of cream from you. Her tongue swirled, stroked, plunged. It was sweet--it was beyond sweet--this slick warmth that spilled out over her lips. So much…you have so much… Willow was grinding down into her, pressing her lips fully into Tara’s mouth and then arching back just slightly until the force of Tara’s arms brought her back.

Tara sucked her clit into her mouth, just lightly, and then took it between her tongue and upper lip. Willow whimpered, twisting above her as if trying to pour all of herself into the warmth of Tara’s mouth. After a moment, Tara released the clit and stroked back toward Willow’s opening, gulping down the sweet cream. She felt the redhead start to rock more feverishly.

Don’t come too soon. I want to drink you at my pace, leave you begging for more… But it was already happening. Willow slid her hands to her breasts, tweaked and pulled her nipples as she felt her climax getting closer.

I come so hard with her.. She squeezed one nipple almost desperately, twining the other deep into Tara’s hair.

Oh my God…It’s happening…She’s making me come. Tara’s making me--

“Tara…Oh God, drink me, Tara. Take all of me…”

Two ravenous strokes of her clit, and then that sweet tongue had plunged as far as it could reach into Willow’s cunt.

“Tara…” Her name…

She’s calling my name…
And she drank--hungrily, greedily--every drop of that release.

When Willow’s spasms finally ebbed, she found herself shaking. She wasn’t even sure why. But she was unable to stop the shuddering until Tara reached up and stroked her jaw. “Come here,” she said simply, and Willow let herself be guided down, down against Tara’s warmth. She felt strong arms encircling her, felt the world receding and although she knew that she should get up and leave, she sank into that warmth.

“It’s Willow,” she managed. “My name is Willow.” And then they slept.

[center]* * * * *
Final section, coming next!
[/center]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:08 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

[center]The Hoop and the Harm
Conclusion
[/center]

Much of the carnage of the next few hours could have been avoided had Willow thought to change out of her orange “The Dynasty Continues” t-shirt before bolting up to Tara’s room. But she hadn’t--partly from pride, and partly from knowledge that the shirt wouldn’t be on much longer anyway.

Anya and Amy weren’t demure creatures to begin with. Throw a lot of vodka and ramped-up school spirit into the mix, and the two women who stumbled through the door of Room 762 at 2:30 in the morning were making enough noise to wake the dead. They were certainly making enough noise to wake the lesbians a few feet away.

“Oh my God--you ho!” Anya shouted gleefully as she threw on the light. “Tara Maclay, you ivory-tickling tramp!”

Tara could barely form a thought. Mortification surged through her with just slightly less force than her orgasm earlier that night. “Uh, guys…could you give us a moment?” she finally asked, even as she spotted the orange t-shirt half-hidden under the luggage stand. If I can just get her out of here, no one needs to know.

Anya flopped down onto the bed with a companionable smile. “Tara tells us you’re from Duke. That must mean you’re very smart. Are all Duke girls as easy as you?”

Well at least she didn’t tell her I was from UConn…

“Anya, we don’t even know if this is the same woman from last night. Tara could be branching out into a whole new level of skankdom.” Amy, who studied biology, loved classifying things.

“Guys, really--we’d like to get dressed.” Tara knew her voice was growing desperate and she didn’t care. Damn orange shirt. They couldn’t have beige for a school color…

Anya leaned up against the head board and patted Tara’s shoulder. “Look who’s suddenly all shy. You know--wait, what’s your name?”

“Willow.”

“You know, Willow, we’ve been trying to get Tara to go out more for years now. Always practicing; always studying. And now here she is--banging one if not two total strangers in the space of twenty-four hours!” Her eyes lit up with a conspiratorial glint. “Tell me--are her fingers as strong as they look? You know what they say about pianists.”

“Anya, please--a little privacy.” Any moment now she’ll be suggesting a foursome. Actually, she would probably suggest a threesome and send Amy, who had notoriously bad breath, out for pizza.

“Oh fine, we’ll go. C’mon Amy. ” Anya hopped out of bed and started for the door. Keep walking. Just keep walking. “You two exchange the standard goodbyes and a few more full-body embraces, and we’ll--” She froze, and then let out a cry that woke other lesbians a few more feet away as well as four of the more recently deceased denizens of Fairhaven Cemetery across the street.

“What is it?” Amy asked, jumping back. “A mouse? A rabbit?”

But Tara knew what she’d found, and from the stiffening of the redhead next to her, so did Willow. Anya bent down and picked up the t-shirt, holding it as far from her body as possible, pinched between her thumb and forefinger. Her expression suggested that she was holding plutonium covered in dog shit.

“Oh my God.” Amy’s voice was barely a whisper.

Tara decided it was time to get her butch on. “That’s it. You two out, now.” Anya dropped the shirt and peered at Willow.

“You’ve been virtually silent the whole time. At first I figured it was East Coast reserve, but now I’m assuming you’re impaired.”

“Out--now!” The door slammed behind them. Tara turned and gave Willow a torn look. She felt guilty on about five different levels. There was a moment’s silence, and then Willow murmured, “Nice friends. Think they’ll throw us a shower?”

“Maybe they’ll serve cold-cuts after the funeral,” Tara replied, shaking her head. Then she turned to Willow. “That’s it. We can’t do this anymore.”

“But I want to,” Willow said simply.

Tara gave her an exasperated stare. “Look, we obviously have some truly amazing chemistry. That’s not in question. But I’m already going to catch enough grief from them as it is. I mean, would you want Buffy to know about this?”

Willow shrugged. “I’m not sure. But I do know we’re big girls and we should be able to see who we want. And I want to see you. Again.” She hadn’t even realized how strongly she felt about it until she said the words.

Tara sighed. “Look, Willow--and by the way, that’s a lovely name and I’m glad I know it--look, this is the most we’ve actually talked since we laid eyes on each other. Our time together has consisted of trading insults and fucking each other senseless.”

“And you play the piano.”

“What?” Maybe she was dreaming, because the conversation was turning surreal.

“You play the piano. Anya said so. And…And I realized that I liked knowing that. I liked knowing something about you.”

Tara just looked at her helplessly. “Willow, aside from the fact that we’re sworn enemies--and yes, I actually do agree that big girls are free to date whomever they want unless it’s Anne Heche, in which case you should probably be careful. But aside from that fact, this whole thing--the Final Four--ends the day after tomorrow. We both go home. You live in Tennessee and I live in Connecticut. What exactly can come of this?”

“I don’t know,” Willow said stubbornly. “But I want to find out. And I think we should see if there’s anything here besides sex. Do you see how determined I am?”

“Yeah, I do,” Tara said, frowning. “What is that, some kind of resolve face?”

Willow beamed excitedly. “That’s what I call it! No one else has ever called it that before!”

Tara wasn’t exactly sure that sharing the redhead’s singular style of nomenclature was a good thing, but she was also having a hard time letting go of the chance to see her again.

Willow, perhaps sensing that Tara was wavering, leaned in and stroked her cheek. “Look, your friends will be back soon, and--wait, they won’t kill me when I leave the room and dump the body in the laundry chute will they?”

“Uh, no, I don’t think so,” Tara replied. “If they get too close, just start singing ‘Rocky Top.’ That’ll stop them long enough for you to make your escape.”

“OK, good. So--I have a proposition.”

“Going to proposition me again, are you? I thought you wanted to see if there was more here than sex.” But Tara couldn’t keep a slight grin off her face.

“Fine, Smarty McSmartstein. Here’s my invitation.” She took a deep breath. “We meet for dinner tonight. I mean, tomorrow night. Saturday night. Someplace public, where we won’t end up fucking each other’s brains out within the first five minutes. In fact, we make a vow not to have sex. We have a regular old dinner and talk. We don’t discuss Tennessee or UConn aside from talking about our majors and our friends. And if we find out that we really don’t have anything to talk about--that it’s just a physical connection--then we shake hands and wrap up early. You go your way; I go mine.”

Tara looked doubtful. “God, Willow, I just keep thinking how pointless it would be. So what if we do like each other? We’re still leaving in two days. What--we just find this connection and then say goodbye? Try to make something work across, oh, about five different states?”

“I don’t know,” Willow answered truthfully. “I just feel like I’ve played it safe my whole life and from what it sounds like, you have, too. And I don’t want to. At the very least, I want to look back when I’m older and say, ‘You know, I took a wild chance with this beautiful woman at the 2008 Final Four. It was crazy and totally senseless and I did it.’” She leaned over suddenly and kissed Tara softly. It was the first time they had kissed without expecting to have sex immediately afterward, and both of them were a little thrown by how much they liked it.

“So what say you, Tara Maclay? Will you do this humble redhead the honor of joining her for dinner tonight? At the local eatery of your choice?”

Tara gazed at her for a long moment. This is absolutely ridiculous. And I’m going to say yes.

“Yes.”

Willow left a few minutes later, after they agreed to meet at 7:00 at the Zydeco Grill. “See? We both like Cajun,” Willow chortled. Anya and Amy returned barely two minutes after her departure.

“Guys, I’m not in the mood,” Tara said preemptively. “I know she’s from Tennessee and I know that it violates all known laws of nature and women’s basketball and I know that Faith would have a coronary but we’re not going to tell her and it’s my choice and we are not going to discuss this.” She expected a greater outcry, certainly from Anya, but her friend just gazed at her in concern. Finally she came over and sat beside Tara on the bed; reaching over, she took Tara’s hand in her own.

“Tara, sweetie…You…You know she wears orange, right? And with that red hair. I mean, you see how unnatural this is, don’t you?”

Tara drew back defiantly. “Dammit, Anya, I’m not a child. I can do what I like. And by the way, I know this shouldn’t be possible but…but…she looks good in orange! There--I said it!”

Anya recoiled in horror, and then leaned in, peering at her closely. “So tell me, Tara--when you said that just now, could you actually feel Satan entering your body? Or is it more subtle than that?”

It was almost four o’clock before they finally went to bed--Tara insisting one last time that sleeping with Willow did not make her a traitor to the Husky nation, and her roommates wondering if perhaps an intervention might help.

When Tara walked into Zydeco’s that Saturday night, wearing not Husky blue but a lavender sweater that fit her snugly, Willow was willing to throw out the “No public sex” vow. She herself was sporting a tailored green shirt over a black camisole and was suddenly insanely glad she’d chosen to pack it.

As Tara approached their table, she saw the blue eyes darken. Either she’s regretting she came, or she’s ready to come again. She greeted the blonde with a nervous smile.

“You look really nice,” she said, feeling suddenly shy.

“So do you,” Tara murmured, then leaned in and placed an unexpected kiss on Willow’s cheek. “And you smell good, too.” Lingering just a moment, she added, “Do we have to observe the ‘No sex’ policy?” Willow felt herself growing a little dizzy, and a lot wet. But she pulled back.

“I think that for now, yes--we abstain.” They took their seats, each independently grateful for the dim lighting that was already creating a different sort of ambience than they’d known. The restaurant was fairly quiet, and Willow wondered if Tara had chosen it because it wasn’t a sports bar where they would be surrounded by rowdy fans.

“So, Tara Maclay, tell me a little about yourself.” Willow smiled as Tara gave her a quirky grin.

“Is this an interview?” she asked wryly.

“Yes, for both of us. Each of us will present herself as well but as truthfully as possible and we shall see what kind of fit we have.”

“I already know how you fit me,” Tara said, her voice suddenly quiet. “I know how you fit in me.”

Willow felt her breath leave her body and head to the Gulf Coast. But then she squared her shoulders. “Such commentary, while…evocative, does not further the aims of tonight’s tete-a-tete. Although, let me add, it just took me to a wonderful place.” They gazed at each other across a table lit by a single candle, the other patrons oblivious to their energy.

Just then the waiter appeared with water and menus. “Can I get you ladies something to drink?” asked the slender young man whose name tag identified him as Jason.

How about her? Willow thought, but shook her head and instead just asked for a Diet Coke. Tara ordered an iced tea.

“Great,” Jason said with apparent sincerity. “So--you two here for the Final Four?”

Tara and Willow glanced at each other. Some kind of understanding of this night led them to say in unison, “No.”

As Jason walked away, Willow leaned in a smiled. “So…You’re studying piano for school? Are you a performance major? What does a music performance major do after graduation? And when do you graduate, anyway? And you’ll probably need to stop me at some point because I tend to build up a head of steam and I don’t want to frighten you off in case you are someone that I don’t want to be…frightened of me.”

Why does she have to be so damn cute? This would be easier if she were just a great fuck and nothing else. But that, apparently, wasn’t the case.

“Well, this pianist is indeed a music performance major and she graduates in May and she’s going to graduate school.”

Jason had reappeared with their drinks; Willow waited until he had left before asking, “Where?”

“Boston University.” There. That should put an end to it. It’s not like I’m moving to the Midwest. But Willow had choked on her soda. She held up her hand to indicate she was fine, and then grinned at Tara with eyes slightly red-rimmed from coughing.

“Of course you are,” she laughed, shaking her head. At Tara’s questioning gaze, she said, “I’m graduating in May, too. I’ve been recruited as a software developer for Eco-Tech.” Tara had heard of the firm, even being as techno-illiterate as she was. From her understanding, it was one of the up-and-coming businesses devoted to finding viable solutions to such problems as carbon emissions and waste management.

“And this is amusing because…?” Tara asked.

“Because the home office is in Boston.”

When their very, very long dinner ended a few minutes before eleven, Jason having progressed from solicitous to patient to slightly impatient to just this side of actively rude, Tara still wasn’t sure how she felt about what was happening between them. But she realized somewhere between the red beans and rice and the shrimp etouffe that she had a helluva decision on her hands. She had never been so attracted to anyone in her life, and she had never enjoyed anyone’s company so much.

But it would be a risk; it would be difficult; it would take compromise from both parties. Even with Willow moving to Boston, there were no guarantees.

Can I do this? Willow’s words the night before, about living the safe life, had rung truer to her than she admitted. If she really did want to live a full life--if she wanted to take the same risks in her life that she did in her music--didn’t she have to explore this?

But was that crazy? What if they got to Boston and discovered that really, their connection had been a function of a particular place and circumstance; an energy that was singular this time?

Sex wasn’t an option that night. Amy and Anya had announced that they would be in the room by midnight, knowing that Tara was meeting Willow and apparently deciding that this was the best they could manage in the way of prevention. Dawn had enjoyed some nice early flirtation at the bar, but left when Veruca got too animal for her. “God, it was like she was trying to devour me,” she complained. So Willow’s room was out, too.

Willow had decided within the first fifteen minutes that she wanted to try this. Maybe it was the atmosphere; maybe she was just ripe for an adventure. But she’d come to St. Pete never expecting to have a fling in the first place. If I’m gonna go busting out a new philosophy, might as well do it all the way. Tara, though…She could tell that the other woman was hesitant.

As they finally left the restaurant, Willow took her hands. “Will I see you again? I mean, the game’s at noon and my flight leaves at seven.”

“I have the red-eye,” Tara replied softly. “I head out at midnight tomorrow.”

“So then…Will I see you again?” Willow asked, and this time her voice held something soft and plaintive in it.

“God, Willow--I want to. I really do. I want to say yes and then stay in contact over the next few months and make plans to meet you for dinner at the funkiest little place in Boston. But…I’m afraid. And when I’m afraid I tend to run. Not well, mind you…It’s more of a lurch.” Her grin was strained.

“I’m scared too,” Willow said simply, and they stood gazing at each other. Finally they hailed a cab and headed back to the hotel. The ride was a silent one, but they held hands all the way.

At the hotel, they loitered outside, neither wanting to say goodbye in the bustle of fans rushing around them. Willow raised Tara’s hand to her lips, pressed a kiss into the tapered fingers.

“Let me give you my number,” Tara began, but Willow stopped her.

“No. We don’t part like that. I have one last proposition for you, beautiful woman.” She drew a deep breath. “The game starts at noon. It should be over by 2:15; 2:30 at the latest. If you’re interested in at least giving this a shot, meet me in the park across from the arena, by that big sculpture of the birds, at 3:00. Give me your answer then, and I promise that whatever it is, I’ll respect you. If you don’t show , I’ll take that to mean that you had a great time and under different circumstances you’d give it a shot but the fall is too far away and there are too many question marks and you’d rather this be a great memory. If we run into each other in Boston…” She trailed off, knowing that in a city of that size, such a meeting might well never occur. Then she shook her head. “If we run into each other in Boston, we say hi and if there’s anything between us, we take it from there.”

Tara could only nod. After a moment, she leaned forward and pressed a kiss against Willow’s forehead, and then another against her lips. “You are a remarkable woman, Willow Rosenberg.”

“And you are the best time I’ve ever had, Tara Maclay,” she whispered. Finally she pulled away with a tiny smile. “You go on ahead,” she nodded toward the door. “I’m going to stay out here and get some air for a while.”

Tara gazed at her for a long moment, and then turned and walked through the sliding glass doors of the St. Petersburg Marriott. She didn’t look back.

Of course. Of course it’s going to go down like this.

Tara stared at the scoreboard. The game was tied at 72 apiece, with .5 seconds left on the clock. Unless Faith managed to connect on a desperation heave, it would go into overtime.

Buffy and Faith were each performing as expected. Every time they met, each woman stepped it up a little. Sportswriters compared them to the great tennis duels between Chris and Martina in the 1980’s. Faith had 26 points and 14 rebounds; Buffy had 25 and 9, with 8 assists. It was a classic.

After using its last time-out of regulation, UConn broke huddle. Everyone in the gym knew who would be attempting the shot and sure enough, Tennessee put two defenders on Faith. She ran off the screen and broke to the middle of the court but when she went up for the in-bounds pass, one of the defenders came with her. The pass glanced off her fingers and fell harmlessly to the court as the buzzer sounded.

They were going to overtime. Tara glanced at her watch. It was 2:19.

There were five ticks on the clock as Faith took her spot at the free-throw line. Tennessee was up by two, and if there was one knock on Lehane, it was that she could stand to work on her foul shots. When Tennessee fouled her in the act of shooting, there was a general sense among Vols fans that that wasn’t necessarily the worst thing in the world. And here she was, facing the two biggest free throws of her life at the end of overtime, down two in the national championship.

She’s Tara’s best friend. If she doesn’t make this, it’ll crush her. She must be crazy right now. She tried to remember that Buffy was her best friend. And she wouldn’t lie to herself--she didn’t want Faith to make these shots. She wanted Tennessee to win; wanted to celebrate with the friend who had stood by her when being an out lesbian in Knoxville wasn’t the easiest thing to do.

But Tara must be almost sick right now…

She could barely watch as Faith, who to all appearances was the least nervous person in the building right now, calmly gave the ball one bounce, then another. She set, eyed the hoop, and released, her motion practiced and smooth.

That crazy orange sphere seemed determined to visit every square centimeter of the hoop…before finally dropping through the net.

Oh shit…

Faith had apparently left her free-throw shooting concerns on the plane. The second shot had none of the commitment issues of the first. If it touched iron, Willow couldn’t see it. It swished through and as Tennessee called their last time-out of this overtime period, Faith trotted casually toward the Husky bench as if she’d just played a game of H-O-R-S-E with the neighbor kid.

Pat drew up the play that everyone knew would ask for Buffy to pull off a miracle, one more for the team she’d carried for four years. Connecticut put pressure on the in-bounds play, and finally Tennessee had to dump it off to Morgan, their point guard. Morgan got the ball to Buffy but she had no good angle and her shot clanged off the rim and bounced up over the backboard as time expired.

They were going to double overtime.

Willow glanced at her watch. It was 2:37.

Tara stared miserably at the court, then back at her watch.
This is ridiculous. I’m sitting in the middle of the all-time greatest championship game in women’s basketball, and I’m looking at the clock...And I don’t even know what I’m going to do yet.

There’s no way she’d leave this now, not with the score tied and the game heading into its third overtime...She doesn’t think I’ll leave, either.

It was 2:48. If she was going to make it to the park, she had to leave in the next five minutes. But there were less than four minutes to go, and the score was dead even.

Willow knew, though, just how slowly four minutes could go. Dead balls; time-outs; TV time-outs…It would almost certainly be at least 3:10 before the game was over--if this OT even decided it. The way it looked, the two teams might just play until one team’s entire roster fouled out.

You don’t even know if she’ll show up. If only she’d given Tara her cell phone number. Tara could at least call her if she intended to meet her; say that obviously they’d wait until the end of the game.

But she had wanted to make it definite. If Tara were interested, she’d be there. If not, Willow would leave and try not to think about her.

Good luck with that.

And now she was frantic with indecision--on the one hand knowing that she had to go if she wanted to be there by 3:00; on the other, telling herself she was crazy to even think about leaving this game at this moment, especially in pursuit of a woman who may or may not show up herself.

Maybe they would both wait until the end of the game, and then head to the park…But if Tara made that sacrifice and went, only to find that Willow hadn’t, how could she ask her to take this seriously?

Don’t be crazy, Rosenberg. This is the national championship. Of course she’s gonna wait it out. Her best friend’s playing. Wait till it’s over and then run like hell to the park…where she may not even show up.

Or perhaps would have shown up, only to leave when she realized Willow hadn’t been as serious as she was; Willow, who had pleaded her case and then put Tara, put this connection on hold until it was convenient.

She gritted her teeth, desperate for clarity.

And that’s when it hit her: no guarantees; no promises that it would end how she wanted it. You’re the one who said you wanted to take more risks. And hell, at least she had seen Tennessee win a national championship in her time at Knoxville. UConn--and Faith, and Tara--hadn’t been this close to the brass ring in years. If Tara left, it would be an even greater sacrifice.

She glanced at her watch: 2:52. Last call for Grand Romantic Gesture Junction, now boarding in the park across the street. She grabbed her jacket, pushed past an incredulous Dawn, and sprinted up the stairs.

So here I am, standing in the middle of a park in a strange city, having left the best women’s basketball game of all time. If Tara didn’t show up, she’d have done it for nothing.

Nothing except knowing I could take a risk.

And then she saw her, a woman that she hadn’t even known existed three days ago, walking toward her. Saw the lopsided grin curving across the beautiful face as she spotted Willow sitting there--waiting for her.

They reached each other and smiled like kids on their birthdays until Willow reached out and pulled Tara close to her.

“We are certifiable,” Tara whispered, shaking her head.

“I think you mentioned that the night we met.”

Suddenly there was a huge roar from the arena. They pulled apart slightly, gazing at the source of all of that frenzy, then turned to look at each other.

“Someone’s very happy right now,” Tara murmured.

Willow cupped Tara’s face in her hands, and then kissed her with a most singular combination of gentleness and hunger.

“We can check out the highlights later.”

[center]The End[/center]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:28 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Ok, this is one of the best fics i've read :clap

It was funny :rofl, sexy ;-) , hilarious :lmao , naughty :drool , romantic :luv and definitely :thud worthy.

I wonder who won though :confused

Hector Avellan.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:52 am 
18. Breast Gal

Well, damn!

I'm just a mite speechless at the moment. I guess multiple readings of this might do that to a person. Not like I'm a smut hound or anything like that (yeah, right), but well, there it is. Great smut, fun story, women's hoops.... its all there. Everything that I find wonderful and joyous, all in this 4-part bundle of joy. Did I mention the smut? Holy god, it's so well done and I just don't have a better collection of words at the moment to fully express how much I enjoyed it. Like I've said to Deb before, I have a hard time breaking down smut, especially when its this good, double that when the story itself is so much fun, so I won't. I'll just offer you a great big Congrats.... well done. And thank you for sharing it with us.

Diane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:08 am 
3. Flaming O

Ahhh! So well done :) Funny imagining Wil and Tar as rabid sports fans but the 'best friend' angle definitely works. Loyal to the end....uh, well I guess love does conquer all!

I loved Amy and Anya as the drunken obnoxious roommates.

Tarmac. Awesome!

Piano major with strong tapered multi-talented fingers. Priceless!

FANtastic overall, I must say ;)

Cheers, S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:09 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great writing!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:09 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great writing!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:58 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Mmmmmm. Sooo good!

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:46 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

I read this right before having to jump in the car and dash to work.

Let me just tell you, your writing is a hazard to all the good, responsible drivers out there who do not read mind tiltingly fun erotica right before driving....

Good sexy fun, thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:39 am 
9. Gay Now

Just wanted to pop in and leave a bit of feedback for a couple of the stories.

Deb: Shower Scene #3 was great. Your Vamp Willow and Tara will always hold a special place in my heart, and you capture their blatant disregard for human life so well. They're quirky and funny, and at the same time ready to tear your neck out. What's not to love about that? Everytime I read it, I think of those shirts that have adorable little animals on them saying perfectly offensive things. It was a perfect continuation of Water, which I also happen to love, along with it's prequel: Shadows and Sunlight. Thanks.

AntigoneUnbound: Alright. Awesome. Your writing is once again fun to read, inner thoughts and amazing dialogue being my favorite parts. You're able to actually make their voices realistic, which is a heck of a talent. Also, the smut was, well, for lack of a better term, hot. I love pieces that don't jump right into the "I love you's," mostly because I believe it doesn't always happen that way. There's nothing wrong with two women letting a heated debate devolve into sex. Especially if it's between these two women. Once again, Amazing.

~Sara

Find out in Speak Easy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:56 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Homary,
It's such a welcome surprise any time that I get up to eat breakfast and see not only your name on the board but on the update thread. I have to admit that while I knew you were posting I kind of was just waiting to see. And boy did you absolutely not disappoint. Your story does a fantastic job of taking sports as a backdrop for a story that isn't really about sports. I love the idea that Buffy and Faith are primary to the action of the story but not really present. We don't ever actually see either of them have a conversation with their best friends except in flash back. I have to admit that I kind of expected one of them (or both) to eventually "discover" W/T secret and be like, "yeah, so what? It's a game."

The smut here. Well, what to say except it's fantastically written. I'll admit that I was turned on and that's saying something. Wait, that doesn't sound right. I guess my point is that I read a lot of smut and not much of it actually has an effect on me but this did. Very impressive. Anya and Amy's return to the room was nearly as hysterical as Dawn's whiny discussion of Foucault in a bar. Not an answer you're generally expecting. You did a great job of building the tension for will they/won't they miss the end/meet up with each other. I have to admit that throughout Tara's whole "we live 5 states away" thing, I was expecting them to either both be from Lansing, Michigan or Des Moins or something or to be attending the same graduate school. I was so close...

Missing the end of the game makes me think of the scene in Good Will Hunting where Robin Williams is talking about meeting his wife. "Did you storm the field?" "I wasn't at the game..." It also makes me think that if they end up fat and happy with 17 grandkids, missing the final makes a great story. If not, it could be such a pebble in their shoe. I can imagine some fight 6 months to 8 years down the road. There they are shouting about leaving dirty laundry on the floor or drinking milk from the carton or the famous "you were flirting with the woman in rubber..." and one of them shouts: "I can't believe I missed the end of the greatest game in the history of woman's basketball for you!" "At least you didn't get to see your shitty (insert name/mascot of losing team here) get their asses kicked by (insert name/mascot of winning gloaters here)." And on and on. When I think of it that way, I hope their kids attend Duke or UCLA just to spite them.

Fantastic job.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:36 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

OMG WHO WON? Hahaha, I guess that that's the point though, isn't it? I love how much you threw into this, and am SO glad that it moved beyond a 10-page ficlet. It was alternatingly hot, sweet, and hilarious.

Absolutely brilliant work. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:14 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
rowanstar – Thanks so much. I was hoping it was funny. Thanks

SithLordWiccan – See, and didn’t you just point out that I don’t like Buffy very much? She comes off pretty nice here don’t you think?
Quote:
Nice use of the "shower" concept.
I actually tried to think of a whole set of different interpretations of shower but pretty much could just come up with stories for shower like bath/shower, baby or wedding shower, and rain shower. Thanks so much.

Diane
Quote:
A little light on the LCFMs for me, but I can hang.
Ok, I’m trying to figure out that acronym. Lesbian… Character… Main…? Nope, don’t know that one.

I am quite glad to read that you did like the story in spite of the light on… something.
Quote:
Interesting that you chose to write 1st person from Buffy’s POV. I know she’s not exactly your favorite character, but I thought you did a good job with it.
Thanks so much. I thought she would be an amusing narrator here. Honestly, there are things I love about Buffy. She is, after all, the undisputed heroine of my favorite TV show. If I hated her, I wouldn’t watch. But she just became so incredibly self-centered (became?), particularly as the years went on that it was hard to sympathize with her. The others all seemed to grow in some way but she just became more angsty.

Quote:
Haven’t done that, but I imagine it would be pretty effective.
I would imagine it would. One day we were having lunch with friends and Rachel asked how his mom was doing (she had had a stroke). He said something smart-ass like “compared to what?” And I answered, “well, mine’s dead.” I wasn’t so much trying to garner sympathy but it just slipped out. He did respond very quickly though that his mom was doing great.

I’m with you on the test driving theory (Ok, that’s probably quite an understatement for both of us) but there do seem to be a few folks out there who want to wear white and deserve to do so. I say more power to them and good luck.

Quote:
Quote:
She was very pretty with light brown or maybe dark blonde hair…

Yay, Tara coming to the brunette side. That makes me happy.
I hear you. It’s hard because you don’t want to use proper nouns constantly in your (maybe I should say my) writing so it just flows to say redhead and blonde but then there’s the fact that her hair got less and less blonde as she came out of season 4. But now her blonde hair is a part of fan fic cannon if there is such a thing.

Quote:
Quote:
It looked like someone went hunting and shot a couch.
God. Their clothing is a nightmare (particularly season 4 and Family). I mean either of them would look so fantastic in some tight jeans or slacks like the lady cops wear on prime-time. It’s as if the costuming folks wanted to distinguish between the show’s star: Buffy and everyone else. Of course Anya got to wear non-ugly clothes but I don’t know how that happened.

Thanks so much.

Quote:
Will there be more Shower Scenes? Just curious.
One more.

diamondforever – I’m glad that everyone is finding this one funny.
Quote:
… and although Buffy wasn't exactly wonderful here, I think it worked out marvelously…
Well, I guess grading on the Buffy-curve, she rocked here. But on a normal person curve? Maybe not.

Thanks.

SJ – So another endorsement for Buffy’s POV. Glad it worked.

Thanks.

Justin – Thanks so much for your comments on the shower scenes. Yes, I considered having them know each other already but I really wanted to just show them having chemistry (ok, nothing compares to HoMary’s demonstration of their chemistry now but…). And again, I’m glad the Buffy monologue was funny. Thanks.

taralicious -
Quote:
Wow, you certainly have a knack for capturing Buffy's mixture of whiny self-absorbed cattiness and who knew she had the word crudite in her vocabulary.
Lol. Little note about myself: I love the word crudite partially because I love to mispronounce it. “I’m making the cru-dites for the party!”

Yes, Dawn’s certainly older and has been to medical school. Amazing that they all lived that long huh? I hear what you’re saying about that look of non-interest.

Quote:
Willow and Tara's meet-cute was exponentially expanded into a meet adorable and time and space fell away and they were tangentially aware of the others in the room but they only had eyes and fingers and then tongues for each other.
Well said.

Thanks.

Vale
Quote:
that has to be my favourite shower scene so far!!!
Little secret? Mine too. Thanks so much.

Watty – You hit my reason for having Buffy narrate on right on her blonde head. It wasn’t about her for once. I love weddings, showers, babies all that stuff and I think the celebrations are such a great time to come together with friends and family.

Thanks for your great feedback.

HoMary – Thanks so much. I wanted to explore even more kinds of showers but I found it hard to think of many more.
Quote:
You gave her an interesting combination of self-absorbed and surprisingly perceptive.
That’s a good description of what I was going for. She’s still Buffy after all so she can’t be all about someone else but this was a definite step for her.

[qutoe] she sees; she sums up; she moves on.[/quote]Well said.

Thanks so much.

Sara
Quote:
Your Vamp Willow and Tara will always hold a special place in my heart, and you capture their blatant disregard for human life so well.
Thank you. It’s a very fun exercise to write them. It’s kind of like driving a video game. Where else can you intentionally drive a car as fast as you can into a crowd of people or into a tree? There are a limited number of universes and a limited number of characters who have superpowers and are completely evil. I’m glad you liked this as a continuation of Water. I have to admit that one of the things I like most about it is that in the original story (Just Drops by Ruth Gifford (I may have her last name wrong, sorry)) at the end of the story, it is raining outside and the characters can hear the rain drops hitting the glass reminding them of their play. So this kind of echoes it.

[center]Image[/center]

Story Title – Shower Scenes #1B

Author – JustSkipIt

Pairing – T/W

Feedback – Yes, please

Spoilers – None

Rating – NC-17

Disclaimer – Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy own Willow and Tara and the Buffyverse. No copyright infringement is meant by this fic and I will not make any money from it.

Note – Thanks for the French translation/spelling help from Julia and someone else. Sorry I’ve forgotten who.

She's sweet. Ok, a tad clueless but once I kind of spelled it out for her we had a great time. I called her. Ok. I called and she called me back and I was in a meeting and I called her back and she was in a meeting and she called me back. I picked her up at her house which, like her, is cute and which she shares with a roommate named, improbably enough, Buffy Summers. Willow was running a little late so she offered me a drink and I came in and stood around her living room for a few minutes. A few minutes was enough time for me to notice enough weapons to outfit a large gang propped in corners and behind bookcases and just lying on tables, strangely some of them seeming to hold open a variety of basic Latin textbooks. I kind of teased Willow about it and she attempted to make up a story about Buffy being a martial artist or something but it was just amazingly badly done bullshit. At least I know she won't lie to me (successfully that is). But her roommate doesn't work with the "unsavory element" in town or I would know her name.

Anyway, dinner was lovely. She does something with aerospace engineering or maybe aeronautical. I couldn't really understand the details but she got excited about it. When we moved to other topics, it was really nice. We have similar tastes in movies and books and she seemed to like my sense of humor which most women don't really get. Most women? Ok. Most humans. We stayed for coffee until they kicked us out and then I drove her home. We went in and had more coffee and I can't even say who kissed who first. Or second. Or third.

We didn't ... well. Not really. And she was still asleep and looked so cute when I woke up. I gently lifted her arm off me and went in search of the bathroom which wasn't that hard to find. I finished and was washing my hands when I noticed the garbage can. It was filled with bloody bandages and rags. Either Buffy stars in a live stage production of the Exorcist or she was on the wrong end of some of those weapons she leaves lying around the living room. I lifted my hands off the sink counter Tout de suite. I hadn't even heard Willow come in but her arms wrapping around my waist and her breasts pressed against my back reminded me of the night before. "You should probably be quick about it. My date may wake up anytime."

"Is that right?"

She kept kissing and I closed my eyes just enjoying the wonderful sensation. I spun around in her arms and kissed her solidly on the lips before pulling back and smiling. "Good morning."

"Good morning." She kind of glanced at the shower and then got an adorably devilish grin. "We could honor consistency by showering together like we do nearly every day and then I would love to take you to breakfast."

I was only a little cruel, pretending to consider the offer. "Pancakes?"

"Whatever you would like, Ms. Maclay."

I smiled. Then I glanced toward the garbage can. "I like... the shower idea, Willow. But is your roommate, um, okay?"

She looked down at the can and squinted her eyes shut in a new expression that I assumed meant "damit" or something to that effect while she muttered "Buffy" under her breath. She kissed me and quickly grabbed a stack of clean white towels from the shelf behind her. "Can you go ahead and start the shower and I'll be right back?"

I tried not to look too disappointed. "Sure." I gave put my hands on the hem of the Sunnydale High School T-shirt she had lent me the night before and fixed her with the sexiest look I could muster. "I hope the water stays hot." She kind of gulp-swallowed and mouthed "sorry" before leaving the bathroom.

I had been in the shower a few minutes when I heard the door open and close. "I hope that's Willow," I called and heard her giggle nervously.

And nervous was the word. She pulled back the curtain a minute later and stuck her head in but with her eyes shut. "Tara? Do you ... " She left it hanging and I reached out and took her hand and gently pulled her inside. It was just amazing how adorable she could be while also being drop dead sexy.

She still seemed nervous so I held up the scrubby and she kind of nodded. I poured some soap into it and then started to soap her up. It let us both relax and I dropped the scrubby pretty quickly, using my palms instead. Her skin was so soft and smooth, except her nipples of course which were very hard against my skin. "Is your roommate ok?"

She reached up behind my neck and pulled me closer. "She's fine but I'm so not thinking about her." Then her mouth was against mine and her tongue was in my mouth and her hands cupped my ass to pull her tighter against me. I kept playing with her breasts and ran my hands all over her body and she did the same. I didn't know how long the warm water would hold out but I wanted her so badly that I didn't really care.

When I brushed my fingers over her clit she gasped and kissed me harder and I took that as in invitation, thrusting one and then two fingers up inside her. She made some incoherent moans and I pushed her against the back wall of the shower, pulling my hand almost completely out and then driving it back in. And it didn't take long before I could feel her muscles tensing. "Come for me, Willow," I whispered and she was, biting down on my shoulder to quiet herself. I had to wrap my other arm around her waist as she shook from her climax and of course, the water chose that moment to run freezing cold which kind of put a brake on the snuggly afterglow part. I reached behind me and turned off the water and then wrapped both arms around her again.

"That was... refreshing," she whimpered.

"Maybe we should go get warm in your bed?"

She giggled. "Is that what we're calling it these days?" She apologized that her room didn't have a door to the bathroom so we had to wrap up in towels and go through the hallway to get to it.

Oh well, since I live alone we won't have that issue at my place. And Oh God, I'm already thinking about the future with her. My thinking about it didn't last long since the moment we were inside her room she was backing me toward the bed and both our towels were pooled on the floor by the door. And she said something very flirtatious and very suggestive and more than a little crude and then I was lying on her bed with her mouth covering every inch of my breasts and stomach and legs and... and ... and...

"I don't think I'll need to go to the gym today," I said with as much energy as I could muster once I could speak again.

She giggled again. "Me neither, Tara."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:15 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

DIBS!

OK, I haven't had time to read "The Hoop and the Harm", so feedback for that will have to wait for a bit.

*chuckle* And I thought the last story was a nice use of the shower concept. Of course, the last shower story didn't have hot W/T action as seen here.

Good job. I guess we're all done now, eh?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:23 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

oh.my.god mary! i, uh, omg. that was *amazing* and, and, the sex scenes, oh god. oh.my.god. wow. uh, wow.

*awed*

"When you get excited about something, one might imagine you as a small, maniacally grinning rubber ball, which someone throws at the wall in an enclosed room, and goes bouncing off every surface for about 15 minutes."
- Mudrat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:13 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Bahahahaha. That was a damn good shower scene. I don't know if it was my frame of mind but I was really confused about the actual setting of this scene. Was it in AU or semi-AU? The language sometimes hinted that they had been going out for a much longer time than was suggested at the beginning. Not that this confusion took away from the general hotness of the fic. :P

Great job as always.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:30 pm 
5. Willowhand

Hello Kittens-

Oh Mary, I swear I could hear the crowd. School fight songs-adding a brass section is not always the answer! Loved the ending as well. Also loved the reference to Ramen, natural prey of the student. Just a delight to read all around.

Jixer

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next