The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Working It Out - Chapter 9 - Posted 06/20/2010
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:49 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

I knew Tara would be able to figure out who Faith's girlfriend is. Wondering what Willow's reaction will be when she finds out that Tara has slayer abilities.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:54 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 5
I'm so glad you updated this! Tara a slayer? so weird haha but still, i love this story.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:30 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
I love this story. I don't know how I missed it all this time. I love your writing and I adore this story. I have always liked the F/D pairing. This one is definitely among my favorites. Please continue the story soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:42 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
shiraz – Well it looks like you did get the dibs so congratulations for that. Yes, Tara is definitely a Slayer as well as a witch. What’s she going to do? Well, solve this challenge first. We’ll see. I’m glad you like Faith and think she’s cute. I’m trying to soften her edges a bit.
Zampsa1975 – Hey there. Yes, Tara’s a Slayer and she did just figure out that Dawn is Faith’s girlfriend. Quite honestly, I think that with Tara’s intuition she would have always seen Dawn’s potential for a. being gay and b. loving Faith but she’s also been largely away for a while so she hasn’t seen real grown-up Dawn very much.
Quote:
but Willow & Buffy are going to go ballistic when they find out...
We’ll see how that goes…
fhiwda – Hey there and welcome to the world that is Pens. Yes, it’s in progress but I’m updating again so that’s a good thing. Honestly, we’ve only got a few updates left and I have most of the next one written. I’m trying to decide where to cut the chapter. So soon…
Thanks for joining us.
Dax – Tee hee. Yes, another day at the office. I think Tara would have a lot of fun teasing Faith.
Quote:
Now where in Bob's name did that come from!
Actually I always planned it here. Back when Willow activated the Slayers I wondered what would happen if a potential was dead and then what would happen if said dead slayer came back. If you go read the first paragraph, there is a part where Tara is ethereal but she feels the power of Willow’s activation spell.
Quote:
I think it will be like a supper privelege, if Faith should ever call anybody by his or her real name.
Most definitely and it is a point here so nice catch.
Quote:
is it bad that I don't know what a G.E.D. could Possibly be?
Hey, Dax. Sorry about that. A G.E.D. stands for Graduate Equivalency Degree. Basically, if someone doesn’t finish/graduate from high school (our 12 grades), they can take the test for a G.E.D. and in some situations it stands in.
Thanks for your comments. We’ll see how Buffy & Willow take it.
vampyregurl73 – Hi, Heather. I’d say Witchy/Slayery Tara is definitely rocking Willow’s world and could be a very good buffer for the others. And yes, the new powers are enhancing existing ones.
I love your characterization that Dawn will have a tantrum on Buffy. That’s not far off.
More please – soon.
Thanks for your feedback.
Bewitchedyke – Don’t worry. Honestly, I love the long detailed feedback but I also like to just see that people are reading and enjoying and your feedback tells me that. Yes, Tara knows. We’ll see what she’ll do about it.
love_2003 – Hey there. Yes, Tara was close to figuring it out even without hearing Whistler’s prophecy (using the term loosely here). But hearing Whistler’s prophecy put it right over the top. We’ll see how Willow feels about Tara being a Slayer.
leftindust – Hey there. Yes, I’ll be updating again soon. Thanks.
taranwillow4ever – Well first off, the feeling is mutual because I really love Meeting Expectations. I’ve been waiting for another update and every time I see your name listed on the “last updated” (when you’re in the main KB page), I hope it’s an update. Still, I appreciate the feedback. I’m glad you like the F/D pairing. I find them quite hot and exciting plus the sneaking around in fun.
I’ll have another update soon. I promise.
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:06 am 
3. Flaming O

Finally...I'm caught up :)

I'm honestly not sure if I'm more excited to see where Tara's enhanced powers take us, or where Faith and Dawn's relationship leads. I do know that I hope this story runs much longer than you have planned ;-)

Quote:
Tara's next words were barely above a whisper. "Yes. She likes alligators."

Chills. I think I enjoyed reading the Tara/Faith interaction more than I enjoyed the shower scene, which is odd because...yeah...Willow being taken against the shower wall? That's hot...

Quote:
Feedback – Yes, please. Let me know that people are still here enjoying my stories.

We are...immensly. So sorry for my lack of feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:41 am 
2. Floating Rose

I've just stumbled across your fic and stayed up past 2 AM reading it until a T-storm cut off my internet reception. So glad that I've found it; it's turning into one of my favorites. You do a wonderful job with the characterizations. No one is out of character - I can picture them living their lives in my mind. I do like Ubers, but the original BtVS characters always hold special place in my heart. Tara being a Witch/Slayer is so hot! I also love the interactions between Tara and Faith. Thank you for the story. More soon please. :pray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:03 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 9
Okay, I've only read the first installment so far but I have to say this is why I came back. Reading is slow on my tiny phone, as is writing responses on my tiny touch keyboard. But by golly I have missed you Deb, and Watty too and all the others. I have less time to get involved as I am no longer avoiding school work and my girlfriend gets irritated when I am on a computer. But I am definitely taking time for this fic. Thanks for writing. Got to get back to reading now. -DTB (aka wiccanbotanist)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:03 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Sandra - Hey, there. Well, congratulations on being caught up.

Quote:
I'm honestly not sure if I'm more excited to see where Tara's enhanced powers take us, or where Faith and Dawn's relationship leads. I do know that I hope this story runs much longer than you have planned
Interesting that you're conflicted about that. I'd say that they are both sort of very intertwined. I would expect this story to be about 3-4 updates longer.
Quote:
Chills. I think I enjoyed reading the Tara/Faith interaction more than I enjoyed the shower scene, which is odd because...yeah...Willow being taken against the shower wall? That's hot...
Tee hee. How interesting.

Thanks for reading and for feedbacking.

nanotech - Boo for storms that cut off internet reception. Coincidentally I'm at work at the minute and I keep losing Internet connection (and there's not storm). I'm glad you're enjoying the story and the characterizations.
Quote:
No one is out of character - I can picture them living their lives in my mind.
You know it's interesting - Logo is rerunning Buffy on a nearly constant loop so I've seen some of the season 7 episodes recently. I'm pretty happy with my characterizations of everyone but maybe Faith. I think my Faith is much softer than the season 7 Faith was.

I'm glad you're enjoying both Tara being a Slayer and the Tara Faith interactions. There will be more very soon. Like now.

Thanks for reading.

dtburanek - Hello and welcome back! How lovely to see you here again. I'm glad you liked the first part. I've written quite a few stories since you've been gone as have a lot of other authors. You'll have to go browse through the completed fics archive when you have time. I'm glad you enjoyed it and there will be more very soon.

Chapter – 10 – The One where Nearly Everyone finds out Nearly Everything

Author – JustSkipIt

Pairing – Willow/Tara, Faith/Dawn

Feedback – Yes, please

Spoilers – None

Rating – NC-17

Disclaimer – Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy own Willow, Tara, and the Buffyverse and Angelverse and all characters and locations from those universes. No copyright infringement is meant by this fic and I will not make any money from it.

Note – Catch the reference of the title?

"Yo, there's Red and Xan-man." Faith pointed with her free hand as she and Tara walked down the ramp from the gate. Something seemed a bit awkward between the blonde and herself and she wasn't sure what. Tara had been especially quiet since asking about Faith's non-existent wish which the dark-haired Slayer attributed to some sort of rumination on Buffy bringing her back. She had said something about alligators but wouldn't repeat it when asked so Faith just let it drop. The second they'd deplaned, Tara had dropped into a chair and turned on her phone to send a text telling everyone to meet in the morning. She'd received a few texts that had been waiting in her queue including one that said someone would pick them up and they didn't need to catch a taxi.

The broad smile on Tara's face let Faith know that the girl was both glad and surprised that her girlfriend had come to the airport and the Slayer felt disappointed that Dawn wasn't there as well. It was probably for the good seeing as if she had seen the teen, she would have wanted to kiss her senseless and damn whoever might be watching. Once again, she knew that she would have to talk to Buffy about Dawn soon. There was no chance that the other Slayer would take it well but it seemed that it would be better if Faith told her first than for Buffy to find out some other way, like walking in on them or something.

Once they crossed from the gate area to the baggage claim area -- Tara and Faith had carried on their bags -- the Blonde and Willow immediately embraced each other. Faith watched for a moment with a smirk on her face. It was hard to remember sometimes that Willow was the same girl who could barely hold hands with her high school boyfriend if people were watching. As the kiss went on for longer and longer, Faith finally looked away to see Xander glancing around the terminal. The two smiled at each other and then began to laugh at the discomfort of it all, finally shaking hands. "Welcome back, Faith."

The dark-haired Slayer shrugged. "I wanted to get these two back together. Maybe we can do away with Solar and Wind power and just let their sexual energy power the city."

"Hey!" Willow turned to look at the Slayer with a grin on her face. "Jealous?"

"Maybe." Yes

Xander jingled the keys with one hand and reached out to pull Tara's bag off her shoulder with his other. "Let's get back to the hotel so Willow and Tara can do whatever without my having to watch and you can go patrol or whatever you want. Buffy took a few newbies with her and Gunn and Angel took some others."

Faith nodded and stretched her arms as they walked toward the car. "First thing is I want a shower. I can't stand the smell of an airplane."

Tara agreed readily about the airplane smell and Faith's Slayer hearing picked up a flirtation between the two witches regarding showering together to reach those hard-to-reach places. Damn if it didn't just make her want to see Dawn. She glanced up at a clock outside the terminal seeing that it was already after 11:00. With disappointment, she couldn't wake the youngster.

"I got the papers for the property. What else do I need to know?" Willow had obviously transitioned to business mode and Faith slid into the front seat next to Xander as the two witches took the back and began discussing the property and repairs that were necessary. When Willow wanted to know more about the "exotic population" as she put it, Faith described a few of their findings from the night before, but didn't let anyone know how much Tara had contributed. She found it strange but also somewhat of a compliment that the blonde trusted her to know something no one else knew.

Tara and Willow's disappearance from the lobby was so quick, Faith almost suspected them of using magic to get back to their room. She smiled and said goodbye to Xander with a glance at the young girls sprawled on most of the furniture and floors of the area. All of them had rooms but the fact that they were arrayed around the common area made the Slayer particularly glad that she and Tara had chosen the property they'd chosen. The building actually had one room that could be a "quiet" gathering room if the girls wanted to study or play games and another that would be outfitted with a large-screen TV, Wii, pool table, etc. A few of the girls waved or smiled at Faith so she went over to say hi, answer questions about her trip, and inquire about patrol. Even though she'd never wanted to be a leader, she was very aware that her role as one of the "real" Slayers meant that she needed to do so and she was finding it kind of fun. Most of the young women were nervous or downright afraid and she found that a few comforting words, a pat on the shoulder, or even saying "yeah, that's hard" could go a long way. After visiting for a few minutes she excused herself and shook her head as she realized that if she hadn't had a steady "girlfriend" as Tara had teased her, she could have had any amount of help with her post-airplane shower. Damn, I've never turned down so many offers in my life. Dawn Summers!

The dark-haired Slayer was still half-cursing, half-wanting to go straight to the teenager's room when she reached her own. She quickly unlocked the door and slipped inside the mostly dark space, seeing a light on beside the bed and the object of her thoughts asleep in the bed. Faith smiled as she noted the bare shoulder and arm tossed casually across the spare pillow and the long bare leg wound around a tangle of sheets. She considered skipping the shower but thought better of it, instead quietly crossing to the bed and sliding the stuffed animal she'd gotten at the gift shop under the younger girl's arm, then entering the bathroom and pulling the door closed.

A few minutes later she finished toweling off and opened the door from the bathroom a crack to see Dawn still asleep and clutching the alligator. The Slayer flipped off the bathroom light and sat on the edge of the bed, bending over to kiss the bare shoulder and then Dawn's neck. "Mmm. My girlfriend is supposed to get home sometime tonight so this better be quick."

"I can't believe she left you here like this. Her loss." Faith continued kissing her lover, before gently removing the alligator and nuzzling Dawn under her chin with the creature's snout.

Dawn rolled onto her back and stretched before wrapping her arms around the stuffed animal with a smile. "You brought me an alligator? How did you know I love them?"

"Really?"

The teen reached her free hand up behind Faith's head to pull her close for a deep kiss. "Yes. Totally. I wish the one in Romancing the Stone had eaten Michael Douglas. I can't believe he shows up at the end with the boots. Stupid movie."

"I've never even heard of that movie but you have the most adorable pout I've ever fuckin' seen you know." Faith lay down next to the teen, peppering her on the chest with kisses. "If I could just figure out a way to make that pout go away though..."

Dawn pushed the alligator away. "Maybe I could make a suggestion?" She began kissing the Slayer's neck, sucking on the pulse point and enjoying hearing Faith moan.

The Slayer pushed up onto her elbows. "Or you could tell me how you got into my room? I mean do I need to go harass Angel about his shitty security?"

The teenager pushed a pillow behind her back and leaned against it. "Can we say I have a way with locks?" She reached out her hands and began running them over her lover's chest.

"You mean you jimmied it with a credit card?"

"Buffy wasn't using it for anything."

"You stole B's credit card to break into my room? That's cold hearted you know, Kid." She leaned forward to kiss the other girl then pulled back. "I missed you."

Dawn smiled. "That's sweet, Faith."

"Naw. I'm serious. I mean I've never missed anyone before. I know I was only gone one night but still. And you want to know something? I nearly told Blondie all about you. I mean she guessed I had a girlfriend but I wouldn't say who but I nearly did. She's so easy to talk to."

The teen pushed the sheet off her body and began working her fingertips over Faith's nipples as they stood at attention, then pinching one and then the other. "I missed you too but did you want to talk about Tara because I thought you had a way to fix my pout." She leaned forward and began kissing and then nipping at the Slayer's neck. "And didn't you tell me you poofed some vampires last night? Usually that makes you all... Oh..." she ran her fingertips down the center of the other woman's chest and stomach to tease at her curls and then slid them along Faith's slit. "It did this time too..."

The Slayer groaned. "Uhhh. Don't you want... I mean...Oh, baby. Yes. Please..." Her words were almost a hiss.

"Climb into my lap, Faith." As the Slayer did as instructed, Dawn pulled her head closer and began kissing her deeply while sliding two fingers into the other woman's wet pussy. Sliding her hand down from the back of her lover's head to her lower back, she used it to pull Faith closer as she thrust into her wetness.

Within minutes the two women had found a rhythm as Faith ground herself against Dawn's hand, placing her own hands on the headboard on either side of the girl's head and rocking against the pressure. "I ... ahhh... how did you learn... oh fuck... too fast... no don't stop... more, baby... keep... fuck... I'm ..." The Slayer began to tense, bracing one hand behind her on the bed to arch her back as her body uncoiled into orgasm. As wave after wave of pleasure ripped through her, the Slayer finally stilled her head enough to look at her lover. Even as she did, Faith recognized the look in Dawn's face as pure astonishment and adoration. She lifted her hand to grasp her lover's face in her palms before pressing their lips together over and over again. "You're... just." She lifted one hand and made a sweeping motion. "Jesus, Kid."

Dawn's lips ticked up into a smile as she leaned forward to push Faith backwards onto the bed and lay between her legs, sliding out her fingers as she did so and licking them slowly. "I don't want to disappoint you, Faith."

The Slayer pushed off from the headboard to give both women more room on the bed and wrapped her arms around her lover. "I'm starting to think you couldn't, Kid. I mean... you've got crazy skilz."

The aforementioned kid ran her fingertips along Faith's arms. "It's you, baby. Your body just asks for what it wants."

"It wants you, baby." Faith kissed her lover again. On pulling back she realized that the girl had a doubtful look on her face. "Really." She lifted her chin with her hand. "You know that, right? I mean. Yo. I was in Cleveland and all I could think about was you. I come through the lobby and there's H and H girls lounging their asses off and half of them lookin like they want to help me reach my hard-to-reaches in my post-airplane shower and all I could think was if it would bother you too much if I call you to let me into your room so I can sleep with you tonight." She kissed the girl again. "You're turning me into a girl."

The teen laughed as she began running her lips along her lover's toned abs. "I'm turning you into a woman, Faith. You were already a girl." Her mouth reached the edge of the Slayer's dark curls. "Mmm. Woman..." Before she could get any farther, she suddenly found herself on her back with Faith lying on top of her.

Beginning to kiss her lover's neck and bringing up one hand to circle her hardening nipple, the Slayer commented, "It's so tempting to be selfish with you. So tempting." When Dawn's nipple was absolutely standing at attention, she wrapped her lips around it and began to suck gently, then less gently as the teen arched her back at the contact.

"You ... interrupted..." Dawn whimpered breathlessly, wrapping her hands in her lover's long hair as the other woman stopped sucking the nipple and instead scraped her teeth over the sensitive skin. "Fuck..."

The Slayer moved her attention to the other nipple in an attempt to bring it to the same condition and response. After eliciting a similarly excited reaction, the Slayer made an obvious attempt to slow down. She spent moments, seconds, even minutes it seemed exploring every inch of her lover's skin - some of them twice or three times -- until it seemed the other woman would explode. "Do you know how much I love making love to you, Kid? It makes me crazy." She whispered her confession onto Dawn's curls as she breathed in her sweet scent.

"Oh... please, Faith. Please don't tease me."

Instantly the older girl laid a soft kiss against her lover's clit before beginning to lick her sex in slow earnest strokes, intent on making this last as long as humanly possible. And making this last as long as she could took the form of gently tickling her lover's clit with the tip of her tongue, initially spelling Dawn over and over and gradually realizing that she was writing I love you. Before she could finish the word you on the third repeat and before the part of her soul that she would have expected to run for the nearest exit even if that exit was a window on the fourth floor of the hotel could panic, she felt Dawn tense and then release and release and release. "Faith..." The teen tried to lift her hands but could hardly do so and the Slayer realized what she needed, lifting herself onto the other girl's body to wrap her arms around her as she shook.

Gradually Dawn's shaking slowed and Faith began kissing her again as if to bring her back. When the teen began returning those kisses with equal energy the Slayer surprised her by sliding a finger into her wetness. "Faith!"

The older girl began to set a rhythm to her motions as she felt Dawn responding and heard her groan long and low, adding another finger. Faith couldn't believe how turned on she was by the sounds the other woman was making. As she continued thrusting into her wetness, she brought herself to kneel over the teen, pleased as Dawn instantly bent her leg and tightened it against Faith's center. "Fuck... Oh yeah... do that aga..." Bending her head she quickly captured the other girl's mouth with her own. The Slayer realized very quickly that neither of them could hold out for long, given the pace she was setting. "Ready?"

Dawn's eyes snapped open as she realized that her lover wanted them to come together and she smiled. "Oh God, Faith... Yes... Now... Now... Now..."

When she felt capable, Faith propped herself onto her elbow and looked down at her lover who looked nearly asleep. Glancing around the room she took in the destruction of the bedclothes and reached for a pillow to put beneath the teen's head before nuzzling into her neck and wrapping the smaller girl in her arms. "Stay?" She placed a kiss on the girl's shoulder.

Dawn's sleepy answer was barely audible. "Of course, Love." Long seconds ticked by as Faith stared at the teen's lips, waiting to hear what else she might say as she drifted to sleep. "I wanted to tell you someth..."

---

Given her travel and how strenuous her night had been, Faith was surprised at the lack of sunlight filling her room the next time she awoke. She reached for Dawn but the teen wasn't in bed. "Kid?"

She heard movement as the Kid crossed the room from where she must have been staring out the window. "Right here, Faith. I was thinking."

Faith tried to reach for her lover to pull her back into the bed. "I always try to avoid stuff like that this early." Realizing that Dawn stood by the bed but was avoiding getting into it, the Slayer sat up. "Hey?" She grabbed hold of the teen's hand. "What's going on?"

Dawn took a breath. "I ... I need to tell you something, Faith. Something... something I should have told you ... before."

Faith shook her head trying to clear the sleepwebs. "What? I mean. Kid?"

"Really! Faith. I ... I should have..."

Faith sat forward to grab both hands. "There's nothing you could say that's going to change the way I ... I mean... what is this about, Kid?"

The teen kneeled down in front of her lover by the bed, still holding her hands. "I ... please let me explain this before I chicken out again, ok?"

Faith nodded.

"I ... I think part of the reason you like me is that I'm normal. Just a normal girl. I mean the Slayer's my sister and I spend time with witches and werewolves and Slayers but I'm just me. Dawn Summers."

"Ok..."

Dawn bit at her lip. "The thing is, Faith, I'm not a normal girl exactly or at least I wasn't always."

Faith shook her head. "What? That's crazy; of course you are. You're Buffy's kid sister. I remember you from years ago." She smiled. "What a brat."

The teen pushed up to standing and began to pace. "Yeah.... you think you remember that. You don't, Faith."

"Ok. What are you talking about, Kid? I think I'd know that I remember you as a little brat. You used to steal your sister's clothes and you had all these Pink posters on the wall and you had a Hello Kitty diary and one time I snuck you out with me to patrol when Buffy had the flu and she found out and about went ballistic because you could have gotten hurt." Dawn turned to look at her lover and Faith could see the tears in her eyes. She quickly stood up and wrapped her arms around the younger girl, guiding her back to the bed. "Now sit here and tell me what you're trying to say."

Dawn looked at her feet. "Right. Did you know that ... did you know Buffy died?"

Faith nodded her head. "Right. She jumped into some portal or something. Some hellgoddess or something Angel said."

"Ok. The hellgod's name was Glory and she had been expelled from her dimension. She was looking for the key to get back to her dimension." She shrugged. "Unfortunately her getting back to her dimension would have destroyed every other dimension but that wasn't really important to her."

"Nice.”

"Anyway, she needed to find the Key to get home and the Key was a big ball of energy. It had been guarded by these monks for like thousands of years."

"Ok... so big ball of energy ... monks in charge."

Dawn started to stand up and walk away but realized that Faith wasn't letting her go. "Right. So the monks knew Glory was getting close to finding the key so they... they took the key and they made it into a person thinking it would be safer."

"That's fucking stupid. If they wanted it to be safe, why didn't they flush it down the toilet or something?"

"Yeah. Stupid. Right. Well, if you had something really valuable and you wanted it protected, who would you call?"

"Huh?"

"Who would you call to protect the most powerful thing you had?"

Faith shrugged. "I guess myself."

A little giggle escaped the teen. "Very close. They sent it to Buffy."

"Huh?"

"Faith. It was me. They sent me to Buffy so she would protect me with her life."

Faith stared at her girlfriend as she tried to process what she was being told, a smile finally breaking across her face. "Oh... good one. I mean like I can't remember you from always." She leaned forward and kissed the younger girl before attempting to pull her to laying down. "I think we both need some sleep, Kid."

Dawn shrugged out of her lover's grasp. "Faith! You're not listening to me. I'm trying to tell you this thing about me. I'm not... real. I... the monks made me up and I never told you that. I mean until now. But I'm not... you know... a regular girl."

Faith stood up and took a few steps from the bed before turning back with a look of puzzlement and anger on her face. "I remember you. I mean before you were..." she waved her hand up and down "you know. Before you became smokin hot. I remember." She paced further and turned back again. "Before I fell ... before ... you knew this and you knew I didn't know and we've been... I mean... shit, Kid. Like... did you think I'd ... what want to go to another dimension if I knew... or do something... you didn't trust me... what... we've been... I'm your girlfriend... or I thought I was. Shit. Shit."

The Slayer picked up a pair of jeans off a chair and slid them on quickly followed by a bra and shirt. "I gotta..."

"Faith?"

"Look. I just... ya know things like this... Fucked up crazy shit. I need to I need to go kill some shit which means I gotta find some shit that's out in the fucking daylight." She had her hand on the doorknob when she caught a glance of the look on her girlfriend's face. In a few steps she crossed the room and kissed her softly on the lips. "I need a few hours or days or somethin to kind of process this but ... I don't want to lose... I mean ... shit, Kid, ball of energy or regular girl... you make me..."

Dawn smiled as broadly as she could while trying to hold back the tears she knew were threatening. "Go." As the door closed behind the Slayer she whispered, "But please come back, Faith."

--

A few doors away Willow was pacing her own hotel room. "So... let me get this straight? You're a Slayer? As in a Vampire Slayer? As in how long have you known this and why didn't you tell me and why does Faith know and what and what?"

Tara sat on the bed watching her lover pace and talk. In fact, the redhead had been doing those two things for about ten minutes without stopping. The blonde wondered if her lover were caught in a loop or needed slapped like in the movies but didn't really like the idea.

"Like a Slayer?"

"Sweetie?"

"Right. My girlfriend. The Slayer. The Vampire Slayer."

"Your girlfriend who loves you with her total heart."

Willow waved her arms as she spoke. "Who has known for a full day that she is a Vampire Slayer and forgot to mention that little tidbit to me even though she sat around having beers with Faith-by-Five and exchanging secrets about it for a day."

Tara smiled to herself. "Honey, do you think it's possible that you're kind of mixing up your feelings about Faith knowing before you with your feelings about Buffy and Faith from years ago? You know, your jealousy of not being part of the Vampire Slayer group?"

"Thank you for the insight. Yes, obviously that's a big part of it. I just... you're a Slayer. You could get killed any day. I mean... out battling evil and I can't protect you when you're... what if I lose you again?"

Tara stood and hugged her lover. "Honey. I died before standing in our bedroom. How much more dangerous could it be to battle demons?"

Willow waved her arms. "Don't curse us!" She finally smiled "Ok. I can deal with this." She got a smirk on her face. "So all of this ... holding me up in the shower...? You have like super strength?” She raised and lowered her eyebrows playfully.

Tara smiled back. "Vixen."

--

Faith came out of the church and looked at her cell phone to check the time. That meeting SB had set up wouldn't start for another 45 minutes. She started walking back toward the hotel without really thinking about her direction. When she had left Dawn, she had every intention of fighting some demons but she'd stumbled across the church, quite literally when she wasn't looking where she was going, and had gone inside. The early mass wasn't crowded and she enjoyed the familiar rhythms of the prayer although she'd skipped confession.

So the Kid was a big ball of mystical energy. Shit. Maybe that was why she had such a hold on her. Maybe that's why I can't get her the fuck out of my head. No. That's not it. She's just... A few people were in the lobby of the hotel and she went through the lobby to the ballroom. Maybe she could get a bite to eat before the meeting.

"Hey, Faith." Buffy walked right up the moment Faith came through the door. "You're going to tell us all about Cleveland, right? I don't want you to have to repeat everything twice so you can tell me everything at the meeting."

Faith nodded dumbly as the blonde Slayer popped the remainder of a croissant into her mouth and washed it down with a coke.

"You ok?"

Faith nodded. "Uh... hey, B. Can we talk about... something?"

Buffy tossed the can into a recycling bin and nodded toward the side of the room. "What's up? Cleveland worse than you thought? What?"

Faith jammed her hands in her back pockets and kicked the floor. "I gotta tell you something, B. And I don't think you're going to like it."

Buffy shrugged. "We're not supposed to have apocalypses on Sunday, Faith." She laughed at her own joke.

"Yeah, that's pretty funny, B." Faith laughed along as well. "But I'm not really talking about that. It's just I uh... wanted to let you know something."

"Yeah. Hold that thought." The blonde jogged over to the counter table and picked up two bagels, coming back to hand one to Faith who turned it over in her hands. "Ok. You wanted me to know something."

"Right..." Not knowing what to do with the bagel, Faith turned and set it on a close table. "So the thing is... and it's not really something I had planned... but your sister..."

"Dawn? What did she do now?" Buffy took another bite of the breakfast food. "Look, I know she can be a pain in the ass but whatever she did, I can talk to her. And when we're not in this small space she can't bother you." The blonde reached into her pocket like she was pulling out her phone. "She didn't steal something did she? I mean I think she's over that little habit but if not, I can take care of it."

Faith shook her head as Buffy talked. "Look, B. I'm not trying to complain about the Kid. I mean... it's not that at all."

"Ok, so what's the deal then, Faith? Dawn is bugging you. Hell, she bugs me too. Just tell me how."

Faith smiled slightly. "Actually she's not bugging me at all, B."

"Thank God."

"Right. We're sort of dating, B."

The bagel froze half-way to Buffy's mouth as she stared at her fellow Slayer. Then seconds passed as she considered what Faith had just said, finally laughing. "That's hysterical, Faith. Really. I mean... ok. Thanks for making my morning." She continued laughing, now holding her stomach. "Will's going to love this one. Can I do it? I mean can I try it on her instead of you?"

"Yeah. Funny, right?" Faith could actually feel the blush rising in her cheeks. "Only, I'm not joking, B. I'm ... really. I'm totally crazy about your sister and I mean I wasn't like... you know looking to get involved with her or anything but it kind of got started and now. I just thought you should, you know, know?"

Buffy stared at the other girl. "Dawn's not gay. I mean she's a friend and all that to the gays and lesbians but she's not gay, Faith. Whatever weird thing you have here, she's not interested."

Faith took a deep breath. "Ok, B. I can't say if she's gay or whatever. I mean really only she can say that and make it true or whatever. But I'm not ... you think I'm just imagining or crushing on her or something."

Lowering the bagel from her mouth and looking around for a place to set it, Buffy narrowed her eyes at the other girl. "Ok. Let me get this straight. You want to date Dawn who isn't even gay and you've come to ... what get my permission? Well, you don't have my permission to even spend time with her let along date her because... like, a. not gay! and b. my sister and c. you're a killer and d. no fucking way, Faith." She shook her head. "Our meeting is in a little while; maybe we could just erase this absurd conversation from our memories?"

"Wow. This really is going to take my drawing a picture," Faith muttered.

"What?"

Faith took a deep breath. "Ok, B. I totally don't want to have to do this but you're not getting this. The Kid is my girlfriend. Like we've been together every night since before we left Sunnydale and we talk on the phone and text and you know... like go do stuff together?"

"You're serious?"

--

Tara knocked first on Dawn's door and getting no answer, moved to Faith's room and pounded on the door. She had told Willow that she'd meet her in the meeting room in a few minutes but that she needed to talk to Dawn on the way and the redhead had given her a kiss and said she'd see her in a minute. When no one answered either door, the blonde leaned against the wall across from Faith's room and pulled out her phone, texting:

"Are you going to the meeting?"

She got back:

"Yes. I'm just about to head downstairs. I'll meet you there."

And sent:

"I want to talk to you on the way down. I'm waiting by Faith's door."

The door swung open as Dawn looked at her friend in astonishment before glancing both ways and pulling the door shut behind her. "Whatever you're going to say, I don't think I want to hear it today."

Taking a look, Tara realized the teen's eyes were red as if she had been crying. "Are you ok, Dawnie? Did you two have a fight?"

Dawn sniffled and took a deep breath. "Not exactly. I told her about being the Key. She freaked and said she needed to go kill stuff."

"Was she mad?"

Dawn shook her head. "I don't think so. I don't know. Maybe. Mostly she seemed confused and hurt that I hadn't told her. Do you think I should have told her?"

The two women stopped walking for a minute. "Do you m-mean before this or today?"

Dawn shrugged and started walking again. "Either. Both. Are you mad at me?"

The blonde smiled. "First, Dawnie I'm not mad although I can't speak for Buffy or Willow who I would expect will both lose their ... as they say shit. Second, I c-can't say if you should have told her before this but I was coming by to tell you that you needed to tell her before the meeting."

Dawn stopped to hug her friend then started walking again, reaching the conference room door. "Why did I need to tell her..." She trailed of as the two women entered the room to a crowd gathered around some sort of altercation near the side of the room. Pushing through the crowd, finally spotted Buffy kneeling on the floor above someone and hitting her victim over and over.

Tara ran forward to reach out and stop Buffy's hand on its forward swing before it could make contact again as she yelled to the crowd. "Someone h-help me!"

Seeing that the younger Slayers seemed unsure what to do, Dawn singled out a few of them to help Tara.

"You can just keep your fucking hands off her!" Buffy shouted as the three women pulled Buffy up and managed to get her on the other side of a table although she still struggled against them.

Tearing her gaze from her sister who seemed completed unaffected by the confrontation, without a scratch or bruise on her although her knuckles were bloody and pink, Dawn spotted Faith on the floor and quickly ran to her, sliding onto her knees but unsure where to touch. The dark-haired Slayer's face was bruised and battered with a deep cut on her left cheek and another above the right eye. Seeing that Faith was trying to lift her head, Dawn turned to sit behind her and prop the older girl's head on her lap. "Oh, honey. Do I even need to ask what that was about?"

Faith laughed then winced at the pain of the movement, crossing her arm across her ribs which were quite obviously sore. "Hey, babe. So I told B about us. I think it went well." She laughed again, trailing off to cough and then wiping blood from her mouth.

Dawn tried to gently push the hair out of the blood caking on her girlfriend's face. "You could have waited until I was with you. Maybe she would have taken that better?" The teen could still hear her sister screaming at Tara.

"Do you know what she says she's been doing? Who she's doing it with? My sister. Dawn. You know, Dawn? Why aren't you as mad as me, Tara?"

Dawn could hear Tara's voice attempting to soothe Buffy and then Willow's voice as she entered the room, clearly directed at Buffy. "Do I hear shouting and why are you all bloody and yelling at my girlfriend?"

"I didn't hit her." Faith's voice was nearly a whisper. Dawn glanced down at her lover who was obviously trying to sit up and began to help her sit up so she could lean against the teen. "Not once."

The teen pulled her t-shirt over her head, exposing a sports bra underneath and obviously not caring who saw to dab at Faith's face. With a smile she told her, "I hope you don't mind my saying you look like it."

The Slayer laughed again, and again had to wrap her arm across her ribs.

Seeing another junior Slayer standing around Dawn yelled at the girl. "You! Go get some wet towels." The girl standing next to that one she instructed to bring back some ice. "And the rest of you can just fade away. This isn't your business." The girls were back quickly and Dawn took the towels and ice with a quick thank you and then worked to clean Faith's face, hearing Xander's voice as she did so.

"Whoa. Are we demonstrating battle techniques and why did Faith play the part of the innocent and clearly outclassed bystander?"

"C-can I help, Dawnie?" Dawn looked to the side to see Tara kneeling next to her.

"I'm ok," Faith said as she sat up a little more.

The teen wiped at her eyes and nodded toward the group she could hear gathered behind her. "Maybe you can calm them down?"

Tara nodded and reached down to take Faith's hand. "I think they'll get over it." She looked at the dark-haired slayer. "Can I..." Faith nodded although it obviously hurt her to do so. "Ok, Dawnie, please stop touching her ok?" When the teen did, Tara closed her eyes and spoke a short incantation, allowing her healing power to flow into Faith's body.

When she stopped the Slayer smiled at her. "I think that helped, SB. Thanks." She coughed again. "You two want to help me up?" They did so as gently as possible.

Tara looked at the Buffy, Willow, Xander huddle. Buffy still clenched and unclenched her hands although she had wiped them off on a towel the same Slayer sent by Dawn to get wet towels had apparently handed her. Willow looked both angry and bewildered and Xander looked shocked. "Do you want to go up to your room and rest for a while?" she asked, making it clear to the three core Scoobies that she wanted to take care of Faith first and foremost.

"Don't we have a meeting?"

Tara glared at Buffy as she spoke. "We can delay it for a few hours to let you rest and let your Slayer healing work. I want you and Dawn both at the meeting and ready to talk about solutions." Faith nodded and let the two women help her from the ballroom.

Once they had her in the bed with ice on the worst of the bruises on her face, Dawn pulled Tara aside. "Tara, I know it's asking a lot but can you stay with her for a few minutes?"

Tara nodded and sat in a chair near the Slayer's bed to rest while she waited.

A minute later the teen entered the ballroom to see Giles, Buffy, Willow, and Xander sitting at one of the tables. "Are you insane, Buffy?"

Buffy stood up to meet her sister half-way across the room. "You're sleeping with an evil Slayer and you're asking me if I'm insane? You know what she's like. She uses people and she's a complete slut. You could get hurt. You could get diseases. And since when are you gay? I thought you had a crush on Xander who Faith slept with!" The Slayer took a breath as the others watched the interaction.

Dawn crossed her arms over her chest. "First off, yes. I'm sleeping with Faith and she's not evil. Second, I know what you said she used to be like but I don't believe she's like that anymore. Third, I'm not saying I'm gay but I'm in love with her and I have been for a really long time." She turned and looked at Xander. "And sorry, honey."

The blonde took a deep breath and reached out try and take her sister's hands. "Dawn, I just don't want you to get hurt. Can't you see that?"

Dawn pulled her hand out of the Slayer's. "What I can see is that you beat the crap out of my girlfriend while she didn't lift a finger to stop you."

Looking at Giles and Willow, Xander stood up to join the two sisters. "Dawn, I think maybe we're all just kind of shocked including Buffy."

Buffy still hadn't sat down as she paced like a caged animal. "I'm going to teach her a little more about shocked when she comes back downstairs and I'm not ok with this."

The young man looked at his friend. "As I was saying. Maybe we could all just cool off a little bit and reconvene in ..." he looked at his watch... "2 hours?"

"Ah yes. We do have the apocalypse to tend to." Dawn looked at Giles sideways. Leave it to Giles...

For the first time, Willow spoke up. "I think Tara has an idea of how to fix it."

Dawn looked at her running watch. "Faith and I will be back in 2 hours for the meeting." Without another word or look at Buffy she turned and left the room.

Buffy looked at the others, finally throwing up her hands. "I don't want to hear anything from anyone. I'm going out." Before anyone could answer she left the ballroom.

--

By the time Dawn got back to Faith's room, the Slayer was asleep in the bed while Tara dozed in the chair beside her. The blonde jumped up to let her into the room and gave her a hug. "How did you know?"

Tara took her seat again as Dawn gently sat on the edge of the bed. "Faith told me what Whistler said."

"Oh."

"Dawnie?"

The younger girl looked up.

"You should have told Mr. Giles or s-someone."

The teen shrugged, tears filling her eyes. "I would have lost her, Tara. I mean ... how would I explain any of it? That her prophecy was about a key or what it meant, not to mention that I hadn't told her about being the Key until today."

Both of them turned their heads as heard a sleepy voice speak in an almost-whisper. "You couldn't lose me, Kid."

Dawn lay gently beside her lover. "Shh. You should sleep for a few hours so we can go meet the others."

When Tara heard Faith whisper a request for the teen to sleep with her she decided she was intruding and quietly crossed the floor and exited the room.

Post subject: Re: Working It Out - Chapter 10 - Posted 07/20/2010
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:42 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Woohoo, firsties!

Well, Buffy took it better than I thought she would and Faith used way more control than I would have expected, lol.

Poor Dawn, sucks to be a ball of energy. Now that's not something you spill on a first date.

The "shock and awe and anger" from The Scoobies was less than I expected. How much did Tara tell Willow or let her infer?

Looking forward to the plan for Cleveland.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:27 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 5
Buffy really comes across like a bitch in this haha... not surprising really, but still.

I can't wait for the next update, I really like this story a lot, it's fast becoming a favourite.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:17 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Buffy's reaction was pretty much what I imagined... I wonder how Willow is going to react to all this... I guess finding out that Tara is a Slayer somehow clouds her perception so she doesn't really react to Faith & Dawn being lovers...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:50 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
Great update!!! :party

Great Titel too - very sugestive I'm sure and very "Friends" like. [I hate Friends - Sorry!]

Quote:
"Yo, there's Red and Xan-man." Faith pointed [...]
You know had you written X-Man, I would've wondered I you had read about the late Specialist first Class Xander Harris of Battlestar Galactica, you know "A Love Beyond the Stars." ;-)

Quote:
The dark-haired Slayer shrugged. "I wanted to get these two back together. Maybe we can do away with Solar and Wind power and just let their sexual energy power the city."
Talking about alternate energy. :lol

Quote:
After visiting for a few minutes she excused herself and shook her head as she realized that if she hadn't had a steady "girlfriend" as Tara had teased her, she could have had any amount of help with her post-airplane shower. Damn, I've never turned down so many offers in my life. Dawn Summers!
Shows how very serious it is for her with Dawn.

Quote:
The teenager pushed a pillow behind her back and leaned against it. "Can we say I have a way with locks?" She reached out her hands and began running them over her lover's chest.

"You mean you jimmied it with a credit card?"
Talking about value for money - he, he. :hmm

Quote:
Faith took a deep breath. "Ok, B. I totally don't want to have to do this but you're not getting this. The Kid is my girlfriend. Like we've been together every night since before we left Sunnydale and we talk on the phone and text and you know... like go do stuff together?"

"You're serious?"
By Bob she's got it!...

(Though maybe to further make her point, Faith mid had said. "Ok, B. [...] you're not getting this. Dawn's my girlfriend...." But thats just my humble opinion.)

Quote:
Pushing through the crowd, finally spotted Buffy kneeling on the floor above someone and hitting her victim over and over.
... and now Faith's getting "it".

Quote:
"I didn't hit her." Faith's voice was nearly a whisper. [...] "Not once."
More proof how serious Faith is about her love to Buffy's sister.

Well there's certainly a lot of working out to do for Dawn & Faith, Buffy and possibly Willow too but I'm confident that the love between Dawn and Faith :luv2 is strong enough to convince Buffy, eventualy. :pray

Again great work and I can't wait till the next update.
Okay I can, but I'm telling you, it's hart. :kdevil

Dax
:yikes

“What Dreams may Come”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:46 pm 
5. Willowhand

Super fantastic update, homie! I enjoyed Buffy's reaction.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:24 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Okay, I’m here so the party can start now…
Hmmm, maybe not. That’s just me saying I’m a little late, again. Anyway, have I said how much I love this fic? Well, it’s just as fantastic as I remembered it. Faith is of course fucking hot and Dawn is passably hot due to her interaction with Faith. Tara’s back and with Willow and it’s just perfect.
Title is of course a play on the episode titles for Friends where they were all called “The one where…” And I do love that show – it was a formative part of my growing up years!
Loved Tara and Faith’s trip together - you know, I spend a lot of time writing them as friends from an AU point of view but I’ve never explored them as canon friends. I guess in some ways it’s the same thing as Faith is always Faith and Tara is of course Tara – but it’s different somehow. I always thought they would go well together, despite Faith being a psychopath for much of the series.
Quote:
"Yes. Totally. I wish the one in Romancing the Stone had eaten Michael Douglas. I can't believe he shows up at the end with the boots. Stupid movie."

Haha, I actually really like that movie. Good old school fun! And Michael Douglas is a lucky bastard – his wife is hot!
Mmm, and again with reading smut at work – I really should have learnt by now. Slightly OTT: You know, we don’t have any policy that says you shouldn’t write smut at work. We do have policies about internet use and for a couple of months my work’s webmarshal actually blocked the Kitten so I couldn’t look at the site at work – glad to say that’s not the case any longer.
Quote:
A few doors away Willow was pacing her own hotel room. "So... let me get this straight? You're a Slayer? As in a Vampire Slayer?”

And this is just plain cool.
Quote:
"So all of this ... holding me up in the shower...? You have like super strength?”

I so need to write a fic where one of them is a Slayer, think of how it would enhance sex up against a tree…although of course there was that time when Tara was a vampire, up against the wall (a retrospective apology for the dirty sex but its set in Victorian England, they weren’t exactly the cleanest people!)
The reveal to Buffy went about as well as I expected…of course, major smackdowns with Buffy and Faith are hot and all, but it was cool how Faith didn’t fight back and very necessary.
So now pretty much everything has been laid bare which opens the story right up, I’m really interested to see how this is going to conclude. I don’t know if you’ve recently said how many chapters are left to go but I in re-reading this morning I read that you only had about four updates left, and this has been four updates so getting close?
Anyway, I’m not really bothered by that, I just want more :-)
Thanks very much Deb. Always a pleasure!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:35 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Glad that everyone finally knows about Faith and Dawn. I understand Buffy just wants to protect her sister but she needs to also understand that she can't control her.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:58 pm 
3. Flaming O

Great update, thank you! Phew! I just realised i've been holding my breath through this chapter :) Good on Faith for telling Buffy and Dawn for telling Faith and Tara for telling Willow and wow! There was a lot of disclosure ;-)

I love how smitten Faith is and Tara as a slayer?! Sexy!!

I'm always happy to see an update from you, Alcy, and Easiersaid.

Shiraz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:19 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey!!

I just wanted to say what an AWESOME writer you are! One of my favorites!!! (share the first place with Chris Cook and Laragh).

I kinda missed the last two updates because I decided that I'm going to wait until it's finished and since I read somewhere that it wont be much longer until it is...yay for that.

And by the way... you know I love Faith/Dawn pairing...they are awesome together and you TOTALLY ROCK writing them!!

Basically, I just wanted to be an annoying fan, LOL!!! I cant wait until this story is complete. (and possibly then, Menorah Tales?? *innocent look*)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:05 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

To everyone – sorry for being so slow to respond to feedback. I don’t have an excuse so I won’t even try. Sorry.

vampyregurl73 – Really? Buffy took it better? She did beat the crap out of Faith as Faith did nothing to defend herself. But ok. I wonder what you pictured… Faith did use control and I think that’s mainly trying to make up for the sins of the past and being madly in love with Dawn.
Quote:
Poor Dawn, sucks to be a ball of energy. Now that's not something you spill on a first date.
It’s not going to get much easier either.

I think Tara gave Willow enough to have her not also want to fling Faith against the walls but not much more than that and I think Xander and Giles are used to being the voices of reason and calm.

leftindust – Hi and thanks. I’m working on the next update but it’s a bit harder to write.

Zampsa1975 – Hey. You’re a “breast gal”. Wouldn’t your folks be surprised? Tee hee. I’m glad you agreed with Buffy’s reaction. I think you’re right that for Willow, finding out about Tara being a slayer is sort of bigger than F/D. But still disturbing.

Dax – Hey there. Yes, Friends is the reference. Sorry you hate it. I loved it for many years but then it got so convoluted. Tee hee Xander and BG. I totally get that. Yes, Faith is quite serious with Dawn but I think it surprises her every time it hits her again.

Yes to by Bob she’s got it. And yes, Faith not hitting Buffy back is because she’s so serious about Dawn.

Quote:
Well there's certainly a lot of working out to do for Dawn & Faith, Buffy and possibly Willow too but I'm confident that the love between Dawn and Faith Luv some more is strong enough to convince Buffy, eventually.
Yes and also, they don’t actually need Buffy’s approval although it would be nice.

Thanks always.

fhiwda – Hey there and welcome. I’m glad you liked it. You enjoyed Buffy’s reaction? You must not like Faith much. Thanks for commenting.

Alcy – Hey there! Yes, the party can start or something.
Quote:
Anyway, have I said how much I love this fic?
I don’t know if you have but I’m always happy to hear it again.
Quote:
Faith is of course fucking hot and Dawn is passably hot due to her interaction with Faith.
M.T. seriously grew up more gorgeous than any of them. I mean…

Quote:
Title is of course a play on the episode titles for Friends where they were all called “The one where…” And I do love that show – it was a formative part of my growing up years!
Yes and yes.

I quite agree with you about the way F/T work well together as friends and I think that goes whether it’s AU or canon. Either way I think they’d be good contrast for each other and a lot of give and take.

Quote:
Haha, I actually really like that movie. Good old school fun! And Michael Douglas is a lucky bastard – his wife is hot!
It’s on cable TV about every 23 minutes so I see pieces of it all the time. It’s a classic.

We don’t have a policy that says not to write smut at work but we have a general policy that says don’t read/write/access anything inappropriate etc. so that pretty much covers it. I actually write my smut within gmail so that it’s pretty much off the work servers and hardware. And I don’t access KB at work although it is not blocked. Facebook is blocked and lots of other sites. What bugs me is when I try to access various exercise related announcements (I’m the Wellness coordinator at work) and since the announcement is really posted on FB, I can’t do that.

Quote:
I so need to write a fic where one of them is a Slayer, think of how it would enhance sex up against a tree…although of course there was that time when Tara was a vampire, up against the wall (a retrospective apology for the dirty sex but its set in Victorian England, they weren’t exactly the cleanest people!)
Totally hot scene. I’ve always also believed that dirty vampires should be cleaner than dirty humans because I assume they don’t sweat or have other bodily functions. Hopefully they’re somewhat cleaner.

I think there are about 2-3 updates left to wrap this up. I don’t know how long that will take. Maybe I’ll make it a goal to finish it in 2010.

Thanks always.

love_2003 – Hey there. Yes, it’s out in the open and Buffy certainly can’t control Dawn.

Thanks.

shiraz – Thanks so much. I’m glad you enjoyed it. I don’t think Buffy made it very easy but Fatih stuck it out to tell her. And Tara told Willow about being a Slayer which was’t easy either.

Alex_Vixen – Hey, Alex. I’m glad you enjoy my writing and that’s some rare company so I’ll take it. It shouldn’t be more than 3 more updates. I hope that’s not too long.
Quote:
And by the way... you know I love Faith/Dawn pairing...they are awesome together and you TOTALLY ROCK writing them!!
thanks.

Tee hee about Menorah Tales. This is my priority but that’s on the list too.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:10 pm 
5. Willowhand

Oh no...I love Faith. I just love how you captured her reaction perfectly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:16 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Wow, I can't believe I hadn't read this before now--how fantastic! You've captured Faith so perfectly, and she and Dawn seem to complete each other so well. I have to admit, I would like to get a bit more W/T time, I don't feel like we are getting the same insight into their thoughts and feelings as we are into Dawn and Faith's. I always wondered if Tara would've been a slayer, it's awesome to see that playing out. I can't wait to see how Willow and Tara will use that gift--the shower scene was a nice tease, but more, more, please!

:D

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:50 pm 

Love your writing. I'm really enjoying this story.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:01 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Just stumbled on this. I love it. Want more. Please?

"When you get excited about something, one might imagine you as a small, maniacally grinning rubber ball, which someone throws at the wall in an enclosed room, and goes bouncing off every surface for about 15 minutes."
- Mudrat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:43 am 
3. Flaming O

Awesome fic, I could so see Buffy beating up Faith for that. Is there going to be another update soon? :pray

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:27 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

oh man!!!!
Impression from most recent sequence: Damn, you really don't like Buffy. I don't think I've read a fic of yours yet that has a *nice* Buffy in it... hahah...
oddly, I am much more into the F/D story than the W/T one, and understandably... I think you actually *almost* pulled it off, although... Dawn is so definitely straight.

I *really* like your Faith, though. I think it's totally 100% true to canon, and the fact that the story focuses on her really allows you to elaborate on it a lot. She's got such a deep need for acceptance, and it's sooo sweet to see Dawn give it to her.

So - now everything's out! I guess after this we'll just get some fight montages, or do you have something truly traumatic in store for us? O.O :/

Last edited by KnightlyLove on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:13 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

I’m so sorry to everyone for being so late in responding to feedback. I don’t have a good excuse so I’ll grovel. Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.

fhiwda – Thanks. I truly love Faith as well.

LonelyTara – Welcome to the party and I’m sorry that I haven’t updated or feedback in so long. I agree about Faith and I like she and Dawn as a couple. I think they’re both sufficiently needy/strong but in different ways. I hear you about the W/T and I can see that. Thanks for everything.
SMGOVAN – Thanks so much.
Thianne – Hey and how is it going? Thanks. We’ll see if I can get it done.
amber addict – Yes. I think and hope Buffy’s reaction was realistic. I don’t know when I’ll have an update. I’ll try.
KnightlyLove – You fill me with guilt for not responding faster. You are leaving me this great feedback on so many fics and I’m just slow. Sorry for that.
Interesting that it comes off that I don’t like Buffy. I don’t know that I don’t like her (if you want to see don’t like her – ready Alcy’s stuff). It’s more that I think she’s very self-involved and not particularly aware of those around her. So in her universe, for Faith to sleep with Dawn would be like Faith’s trying to get back at her rather than Faith and Dawn genuinely care about each other having nothing to do with Buffy.
Quote:
oddly, I am much more into the F/D story than the W/T one,
me too.
I agree that canon Dawn is very straight but I like her so she’s fun to turn gay in fics. You know? I think she’s more gay than Buffy and you read tons of gay Buffy fics.
Quote:
I *really* like your Faith, though. I think it's totally 100% true to canon, and the fact that the story focuses on her really allows you to elaborate on it a lot. She's got such a deep need for acceptance, and it's sooo sweet to see Dawn give it to her.
Thanks. That’s awesome to read/hear.
A little fight, a little resolution, and a little trauma to come. Thanks for asking.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:07 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Resubscribing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:14 pm 

Topics: 10
Deb,
You have no idea how much rage I had when I saw that you had posted in the update thread AND written in all of your fics in Pens only to find out YOU DIDN'T ACTUALLY UPDATE.

Then I remembered my April Fool's Day joke.

Heh.

So, I don't think I've actually left feedback for most of your stuff, but I think I've given you the impression that I tend to adore your work. At least, I hope so, as I do. I'd like to add my voice to the chorus of "make time to finish this. Please."

Did I ever mentioned that you have ruined that word for me? I mean, in a good, extremely fucking sexy way, but damn, I can't use it and not . . .

*cough*

ANYWAY, I really love this, and am really engaged in the Faith/Dawn story, even more than the Willow/Tara story. I'm pretty sure that the only practical way to deal with everything I love about this, and most of what you write, would take the comment functionality of a word document to do a proper job of it.

Kate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:54 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Hi Deb!

Amazing fic! You handle Faith's dialogue with a sure hand, always LOVED how Faith talked and you've nailed it here!

"Who's That Girl" more than any single episode, showed how much character change Faith is capable of. This fic seems totally believable and your use of their letters was an effective way to bring them to a true intimacy more quickly.

Also enjoyed your fresh take on Tara as a woman (possibly) with a past AND a slayer! Yowza!

F/D is not only very hot, but also very touching; I like both those elements in their relationship. Also appreciated Dawn's "coming out" as a key scene. It IS something she needed to share and glad you introduced it.

I have to agree with LonelyTara, also hope for more W/T relationship stuff - they have a lot of changes ahead, too.

Please finish this story! Okay, I'll beg: :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:28 am 
3. Flaming O

Quote:
Please finish this story! Okay, I'll beg:

Ariel
How I Met Your Mother

I second that notion. :moo

Dax
:yikes

“What Dreams may Come”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:41 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

BeMyDeputy – I’m so so sorry about the resubscribing and posting in update thread in the same day. I actually thought about it at the time but was having a dialog with Shel and wanted to post there since she did the update thread for me. And honestly, I couldn’t figure out how to resubscribe without posting in my fic threads. Stupid huh? Anyway, I’m sorry.
Quote:
Then I remembered my April Fool's Day joke.
And there’s that… - cruel btw.
Quote:
but I think I've given you the impression that I tend to adore your work.
Thanks. That’s nice to read.
Tee hee – please. Sometimes I totally have that reaction too.
Quote:
would take the comment functionality of a word document to do a proper job of it.
I’m not sure how the board would deal with comments in a post but I nearly always do my extensive feedback in word so I totally get that. Your point though is brevity so thank you.
Ariel – First off, I got your PM and thank you. Sometimes I suck at responding to notes, particularly long and complementary ones. You know? I owe you a note though.
Quote:
Amazing fic! You handle Faith's dialogue with a sure hand, always LOVED how Faith talked and you've nailed it here!
Thanks so much. I appreciate that. There’s a writer on another board who writes a lot of Faith/… well someone who wouldn’t be allowed here. And I like the stories and the sex and all that but I never think that the way that she speaks is right. It’s always like a little rock in my shoe. So I’m glad to hear that this works for you.
Quote:
"Who's That Girl" more than any single episode, showed how much character change Faith is capable of.
That’s one of my 3 or so favorite episodes I’d say. I think it shows fantastic emotional range for her and the then This Years Girl shoes some actual acting from both Dushku and Geller. I’m glad you like the letter conceit. I didn’t want it to just be about quick sex. I want it clear that they’re a couple and that seemed to work.
Quote:
Also appreciated Dawn's "coming out" as a key scene. It IS something she needed to share and glad you introduced it.
It’s funny because I’d say 50% of readers say I can totally see that and 50% say that Dawn’s not gay at all. Lol. Yes, I know… more W/T… I’ll work on it.
Quote:
Please finish this story!
Heard. I’ll try.
Thanks for the feedback and note.
Dax – Hey! How is it going? Again, heard. I plea to finish. There are only 2-3 parts left. I’ll try…

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next