The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: „What Dreams may Come”
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:59 pm 
3. Flaming O

Dax, I just caught up with this fic. This has been very interesting reading. Tara in the 'ER' character Lucy Knight's body was very imaginitive; I watched 'ER' during that time so at least I know who it is. LOL. Willow being pregnant was a surprise; I liked how the doctor just kind of told her offhandedly, that was funny. I look forward to more. Hope to leave more thorough feedback later, when I compose my thoughts. I just wanted to say I'm enjoying this and to keep up the good work. EA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:25 am 
19. Yummy Face

Wow! :thud Really interesting story... More update-y goodness please :x

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:07 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hi Dax,

the story keeps getting better and better. I'm really getting used to new Tara/Lucy. Even if I wouldn't choose Knight as the families last name. But that's just because I love Rosenberg as a last name so much. In the end I'll tend to everyone keeping their name.

What is it in W/T-land with everybody making Dawn a doctor? I never thought about that but it really fits her. The same for Tara.

I wonder if there is some evil waiting in the shadows. Well I just have to wait and see.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Post subject: „What Dreams may Come”
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:32 am 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
She’s Having a Baby!

Being the seventh part of “What Dreams may come”

“You know Will? I’m really beginning to suspect that all these stories about the Slayers supposed super natural strength are greatly exaggerated.”
“What makes you say so, Buff?”
“Cause it’s nothing compared to the strength of Willow Rosenberg in labour, you’re breaking my hand Willow!”
“Sorry, Buffy.” Willow said with a guilty smile, as she released her very tight grip upon the Slayers hand.

Only three hours earlier, Buffy and Willow had been watching “While you where Sleeping” in the cosy library on the first floor of No. 53 Bloomsbury Square.
An Extra Flamey fire was burning in the fireplace and the two cats were lying in front of it as one indistinguishable ball of fur, competing with the TV set by purring loudly.
Buffy sat in her favourite armchair, with Willow in all her pregnant glory resting comfortably on the couch right behind her.

Buffy had arrived a week ago in London, in order for Tara to attend an important medical seminar at Oxford University.
Only reluctantly had the young physician left her fiancé, even though Willow still was ten days away from her expected date of birth and everything was going as planed.

However, just as they watched the romantic finale of their first movie of the evening, Buffy heard Willow inhale sharply, then letting out a small squeal.
“Now that’s not fair Will,” Buffy said her eyes still firmly affixed to the TV screen where Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman shared their happy ending kiss. “After all I’m not screaming if two woman kiss on screen. You know like yesterday on BBC’s “Fingersmith?” Not that it happens that much”, she admitted.
“I appreciate that you know, I really do”, Willow said, her voice somewhat tense, “Except it wasn’t Sandy and Bill that made me squeal, but Elizabeth.”
Buffy’s head literally snapped around, facing her friend. “You’re sure?”
“Pretty much, Buff,” The former Wicca assured her, “it’s time.”

It went pretty smoothly from there and only ten minutes later Willow had finally calmed Buffy down enough, so that the nervous Slayer could call a Taxi for their very short trip to the London University Hospital.
There Willow was brought into a nice room and attached to the machine monitoring her contractions. Buffy then went out to call Tara who, after Buffy had called her again, for she’d dropped her cell-phone upon the news, told the Slayer that she would be on her way back home, as soon as she had rented a car.
Buffy then shortly briefed Dawn and Xander in San Francisco, as well Emma and Lucimar in Germany on the situation and told them that she would call again, as soon as Elizabeth had arrived.
She then grabbed a quick cup of coffee and hurried back to be at Willow’s side and to have her hand squeezed beyond belief.

Three hours of labour pains later, it didn’t seam like little Elizabeth or Liz for short, was in any hurry to get into this world. Much to the distress of her mother, as well as her godmother.

“Willow are you scared?” Buffy asked between contractions that still were to far apart. “Not of the labour pain during the contractions I mean, because I figure even though their painful, no doubt they also bring you closer of being with your baby girl. What I mean,” Buffy paused searching for the right words.
But Willow smiled, how well Buffy knew her, because if asked about the labour pains she would have said exactly the same.
“I mean,” Buffy continued, “have you ever worried about being a good parent?”

“Of course I sometimes worry about it,” Willow answered.
“Ever since I learned I was pregnant – not counting the time I was unconscious after meeting Lucy Tara Knight, of course,” she added with a grin, “I’ve been asking myself, will I be able to protect her from harm, from the evils of this world. Not to mention people that think it unnatural that she should be raised by two woman living together.”

She fell silent for a moment before she continued even more serious now: “or if I could keep her from making the same mistakes I have. After all there’s the chance that she might inherit the same magical powers I and Tara have, well that Tara had.”

“That is your biggest fear right?” Buffy asked sympathetically. “That Elizabeth could become addicted to magic the way you have been.”
Willow nodded slowly, “but then Luce says we will deal with this possibility when we know for sure that Liz has any magic powers of her own and that I shouldn’t worry to much, or I would miss out on all the good stuff.
“I think she’s right,” Buffy said with heart felt sincerity, “you should listen to what Luce says in this matter. Wait a minute, Luce?“

Willow hesitated for a moment, giving Buffy the distinct impression that this had been but a slip of the tongue.
“Luce,” Willow then slowly started to explain, “That’s Tara obviously.”
“I thought as much,” Buffy commented dryly. “After all I do remember that nowadays she’s also known as Lucy Tara but…”
“Why am I calling her Luce when I have known her far longer as Tara?”
Buffy nodded.

“It’s kinnda difficult to explain,” Willow said and took a sip of water, then went on.
“It goes back to when Tara and I started dating. You know after I met her again. Now most of the time I do call her Tara of course, but she no longer is exactly the Tara I met and fell in love with. I mean she has changed and not only in her physical appearance, but in her personality too. Not much, only subtlety. Nevertheless the changes are there.

“Now one day when we were, you know kissing I unintentionally called her Lucy – like all of her friends and colleagues here in London do anyway.
“She didn’t mind, but said that as long as I like to call her Lucy, I might as well call her Luce, because she liked the sound of it. And well, since then Luce is my term of endearment for Tara. Well usually only when it’s just the two of us, or when we are having s…”

“You know I like totally get it!” Buffy said and held up her hands. “No need to tell me any more details, believe me.”

The pregnant redhead fought hard not to laugh, but eventually had to let out a tiny giggle.
Even though as best friends they literally talk about everything, when it came to sex – not necessarily gay-sex though – Buffy was always somewhat embarrassed to talk about it openly.
The red faced Slayer theatrically pointed her index finger at her best friend, “you know if you weren’t my best friend and in the middle of delivering your first baby, then…”
“What?”
“I honestly don’t know,” Buffy said bursting into giggles herself, after all she knew about her inability to talk about sex with her best friend.
Soon she got serious again and stroking Willow gently over her red hair she said: “I’m sure that you and Tara will be the best of parents.”
“And I’m sure Buffy, you will be too,” Willow said with an assuring voice.

“You are?”, the Slayer wondered. “How can you be sure that will be a good mother, when I’m not even sure I will ever finding the right man to spend my life with in the first place. You know it would be nice to have a father to go with the baby.”
“Maybe you haven’t been looking hard enough?” Willow offered helpfully.
“I thought I had.”
“Then maybe you should considering looking at the other side of the fence.”
“Don’t follow.”
“Well Buff, maybe your right guy is in fact the right girl?”

“I think, I have to say no to that,” Buffy said after a while, “cause I really love these dump guys who usually don’t write you love letters. But just for a change I would like to find a guy who isn’t nether dead, nor like completely intimidated be my superior slayer strength. Besides, I once kissed Faith and even though it was nice, I don’t remember it being that special.”
“Well, then it looks like you’re completely lost for the lesbian community,” Willow said teasingly before she hastily added, “hey wait a minuet! What was this about kissing Faith?”

“Don’t ask,” Buffy replied wryly, but soon noted that Willow wouldn’t ask about it, since the sharply increasing grip upon her hand told her, that her best friend was going through yet another contraction.

Shortly after it had passed, the two women heard something impact sharply with the door, followed by a helpful voice explaining: “Push Doctor Knight, not pull.”
And then a slightly bewildered Tara was shoved in by friendly Nurse Christine and Willow’s face lightened at the sight of her beloved fiancée.

“There you go,” the nurse said and looking at Willow she asked: “any progress?”
Willow shook her head and told her how far the contractions were still apart.
“I shall have a closer look, when I return,” said Nurse Christine and left so that Willow and her fiancé could say hello to each other in private.
Also, her experience told her that some more time would go by, till she would have to call in Prof. Melanie Petzold.

“Hello Honey,” Tara beamed and flung her arms around the love of her life and kissed her passionately upon her lips. “I came as fast as I could”, she said and took Buffy’s seat right next to the bed, that the Slayer had vacated for her, of course not without hugging her first.
“But I think there will be a speeding ticket coming within the next days,” Tara explained with a wry look on her face. “I fear, I have been driving down the M5 rather fast to get here.”
“It doesn’t matter,” Willow said gladly, “now that you’re here.”
“Now that I’m here,” Tara repeated, sounding quiet nervously.

“Hey where you think you’re going?” Willow broke the tender moment between them, looking at her best friend, who was moving slowly towards the door.
“Well I thought the two of you would rather be left alone and I wouldn’t want to disturb you in this, you know intimate moment.” She continued to stand in front of the door, the door handel already in her hand.
“What on earth let you believe, you would be disturbing us in this moment?” Willow asked in her no nonsense voice. “Of course I want you by my side too. You know, Tara and you the two most important people in my life.
”So come on back and take your rightful place at the other side of my bed.”
Buffy with tears in her eyes walked back to the bed and after she had hugged Willow to her hearts contend, sat down at the seat pointed out to her by her best friend.

“Plus,” Willow added with a wigged grin. ”When the next contractions hits, I would rather hold on to your hand.”
“Really?” Buffy beamed.
“Of course! You know, Tara’s a surgeon, and I couldn’t risk hurting her hand and thus putting her out of business.”
“Thank you very much,” Buffy said wryly, while Tara thoughtfully smiled to herself.
“You’re welcome and… oh gosh! Here comes the next one... and… ohm… it’s a big one!”
During the following contraction Willow then did hold on to Buffy’s as well as Tara’s hand, but amazingly she actually managed to squeeze Buffy’s hand a great deal harder then Tara’s

“I can see her head!” Tara happily cried out, as Willow pushed through her final contraction.
“Really?” Buffy asked curiously and for the first time that Willow had gone in to labour, moved around to see the “other side” of her best friend.

CRASH! BOOM! BANG!

“She’s here Willow! Elizabeth, she’s here!” Tara cried, tears of joy running down her face.
“Hi Elizabeth”, Willow said joyfully yet very tired; as her baby was laid upon her breasts and both of them got covered with a blanket. “It’s me, mommy.”
And then Elizabeth opened her green grey eyes and looked strait into her happy mommy’s eyes like she wanted to say: “I don’t know about you, but I need to get some sleep right now.”

“Well done my love,” Tara said and kissed her fiancé lovingly upon her lips, “well done.”
“We both did fine”, Willow answered weakly. “She’s so tiny, look at her hands aren’t they tiny?” Tara nodded silently, feeling completely overwhelmed too, as she gently caressed her daughters fragile little head.
“I’m so happy Luce,” Willow said and then looking around she asked: “but where is Buffy and what was this noise?”

Tara smiled her beautiful halve smile before she explained, “well, the noise you heard, that was Buffy. You know, going down.”
She pointed to the end of the bed, where two nurses were just helping a quiet pale looking Buffy back onto her feet and into the chair right next to Willow, where she heavily sat down.

But her humiliation over having passed out was completely forgotten as she caught sight of her tiny goddaughter.
“She’s beautiful,” Buffy whispered in amazement, “and she looks so fragile.”
Then Elizabeth opened her eyes again and looked at Buffy as she had looked at Willow and Tara before. “Hey Liz. I’m your Aunt Buffy and I’m always going to be there for you, if you need me,” she promised.

Half an hour later, a washed and clothed Elizabeth was soundly asleep in a cradle right next to Willow’s bed, happily watched by her mommy, mom and Aunt Buffy.
“I better go call Dawn, Emma and the others”, Buffy said, looking at her watch trying to figure out what time it now was in San Francisco.
“Saturday morning ten o’clock here, that would make it two o’clock in the morning in Frisco. Well I’m not sure about Xander, but Dawn’s certainly still awake. Properly chatting with Susan online right as we speak.”
“So they still in contact with each other?” Tara wondered.
“Yep. There are only two things important to Dawn right now. That’s studying for her college exams and chatting with Susan. Sometimes all through the night”, Buffy told their friends.

“How would you know?” Willow asked and Tara added: “you aren’t spying on your own sister are you?”
“Of course not,” Buffy answered, “but as you know, on the weekends Dawn stays at my place. And when she’s sitting in her room, chatting online with Susan, she tends to speak out aloud what she’s writing to Susan. And since the walls in my house aren’t the most soundproof ones.”

“Sounds sirius to me,” Willow observed and yawned again.
“Certainly looks that way to me,” Buffy agreed. “Four months of her writing at least one Email a day – so she told me – chatting or talking with her on the phone every weekend. Plus she turns quiet red when ever Susan is mentioned.”
Buffy paused for a bit; “I think she’s really deeply in love with Susan. And maybe Susan really is the special someone for Dawn. Gosh I really hope that it works out between the two. It’s so good to see how happy Dawn is right now, just by this long distance relationship she’s having with Susan right now.”

Now they all were silent for a minute or two before Buffy announced: “I will tell Dawn, Xander, Emma and Lu that the two of you said hello. I mean the three of you”, Buffy said with a happy look upon her little goddaughters face and left the room

When Buffy returned, she found Willow and Elizabeth soundly asleep and Tara too was making herself comfortable on the other bed that was standing in this room.
And so Buffy kissed the three girls goodbye and left the hospital to get some sleep herself.
Making her way back to the Knight-Rosenberg household on foot, Buffy made sure that she would not step drowsy right in front of an approaching car, by reading the writings on the streets: “LOOK RIGHT!” out aloud to herself.

In the mean time Willow shortly woke up and looked around. Tara slept peacefully in the bed right next to her and Elizabeth in the crib between them.

Willow reached for her daughter’s tiny hand, as her fingers closed strongly around her mother’s index finger, Elizabeth’s clear green grey eyes opened and she looked straight into her mommies green eyes.
She didn’t seam to be hungry or in any other immediate need and so mother & daughter simply kept looking at each other.
“Mommy’s here Liz,” Willow whispered. “I promise you I will always love you, and I will always be there for you if you need me. For you, for your Mama Lucy and for your little sister who will be joining us in the near future.”

Willow watched Liz close her eyes again and without losing grip on her mother finger, dose off. Knowing that within the next hours her daughter would demand to be fed, Willow closed her eyes and only moments later Willow drifted back to sleep, thinking happily:
‘Now we are a real family.’

“What Dreams may Come”

Last edited by Dax on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:55 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky Dax I love :baby Liz, I am in tear's again as alway's love this story.

Quote:
Willow reached for her daughter’s tiny hand, as her fingers closed strongly around her mother’s index finger, Elizabeth’s clear green grey eyes opened and she looked straight into her mommies green eyes.
She didn’t seam to be hungry or in any other immediate need and so mother & daughter simply kept looking at each other.
“Mommy’s here Liz,” Willow whispered. “I promise you I will always love you, and I will always be there for you if you need me. For you, for your Mama Lucy and for your little sister who will be joining us in the near future.”

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:32 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Heartwarming so far.

By the Power of Grayskull!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:43 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Very beautiful update Dax :)

But I miss Tara :( I mean... the use of Tara... I am silly but... it it strange to read Luce instead of Tara... and it has nothing to do with me loving name with "As" ;-) lol maybe a little bit ^^

Buffy fainting!! Lol!! That was very nice. And very funny ^^

I really loved the part about the long distance relationship of Dawn... you know why :)

Green grey eyes huh? the grey it is because she is a new born? ot is it becayse you mixed it with blue? My grandma's had green/blue/grey eyes :)

Thanks for your update :)

I am waiting with my cats in the basket at the corner ;)

Julia

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:01 am 
19. Yummy Face

Wow! Excellent update-y goodness.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:18 am 
8. Vixen

Oh, they had their baby :smash
Quote:
“That is your biggest fear right?” Buffy asked sympathetically. “That Elizabeth could become addicted to magic the way you have been.”

Too funny. Willow is in labor and Buffy is asking her all these questions :rofl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:16 pm 
3. Flaming O

Authors Note:
The title of this Chapter as well as the quoted lyrics at the end of it, come courtesy of “The Lord of the Ring,” by J.R.R. Tolkien, all rights reserved.

The Road Goes Ever on and on,
Down From the Door Where it Began

Being the eighth part of “What Dreams may come”

“Oh, aren’t you the most beautiful baby in the whole world?”, Dawn cheerfully asked little Elizabeth, who was lying in her arms looking curiously into the former keys face. “I don’t think I will ever put you down again Liz!”

“And for the past hours you most certainly haven’t done so,” Buffy observed sourly, doubting she would ever have the chance to hold her god daughter too.
Of course she was exaggerating shamelessly, after all they had arrived only an hour ago. And unlike her sister, Dawn saw Willow’s and Tara’s now three month old daughter for the first time.

It also was quiet heart warming to the Slayer, to see her sister with a baby in her arm. In a way it made her not only see what a good paediatrician Dawn would become, but also that one day she might become a good mother too, if she had the wish that is.
Now that was something Buffy hadn’t given up hope on herself. And for the past three month there was this chance, that maybe – just maybe…

“Oh my goddess! I almost forgot!” Willow suddenly cried out and stormed out of the living room, to return only seconds later carrying a very important looking envelope.
Here Dawn,” she said, “just yesterday this arrived for you.”

At once Dawn’s face turned very pale and she carefully handed Elizabeth over to her older sister. This was it, she knew. From the three universities she had applied to; both Cambridge and London University had already turned her down and if Oxford did too…
Well even if worse came to worse – England wise, she still would study medicine for sure; she‘d already secured a place at the medical school of U.C. San Francisco.
No, this was not so much about her future career in medicine, that she had set her heart on studying in England, but because of her love to Susan.

Twenty-nine year old Susan.
Dawn’s eyes went all dreamy as she thought about her girlfriend.
‘My girlfriend,’ Dawn thought. ‘Susan’s my girlfriend’. She liked the sound of these words and was amazed at the same time.
Not especially that she was in love with another girl – but that she’d fallen so deeply and completely in love, it almost scared her.
In Susan she’d found her soul mate, her special someone and the person she wanted to grow old with.
To be honest, this love had come as quite a surprise for Dawn, for given her past track record in this field, with crushes on different vampires, Elisabeth (who wasn’t only hetero, but homophobic too), not to mention her unfaithful ex-boyfriend; she had already started to believe that the monks hadn’t included the ability to find true love within her bodily makeup, when they had transformed her from this mystical key to a real human being.

But then she had walked into Liz’s future nursery and there she’d stood – Susan.

Maybe one head taller then herself and very attractively butch, with short reddish blond hair. Brown eyes and a beautiful face with – if possible – more freckles then Willow had and oh, so smoochable red lips.
But most of all it had been her hands, that had Dawn mesmerised.
They where strong hands and no doubt used to strong labour. But at the same time they looked quiet gracefully formed and well shaped. Much like the hands of an artist or a surgeon.
These hands also where very gently, but Dawn wouldn’t find out, until some time later.
However, there she' stood and despite her more realistic nature, found herself falling head over heals in love with Susan Walker.
[Not to be confused with the character of the same name from BBC’s highly popular “Coupling.”]

Dawn spend most of her time during the next days, that Susan worked on Elizabeth’s as well as two other rooms in the house, with her. Helping Susan with her work and talking with her about every possible subject, from politics to favourite music, to their secret dreams.
It didn’t take Dawn long to find out that the attraction between her and Sue was indeed mutual and her lips as smoochable as she had imagined them.

Eventually, following some quiet memorable dates, Dawn had to return to Frisco with Buffy and in the light of the medical school applications Dawn had packed, Susan gave her the most wonderful parting gift when she whispered to her at the airport: “I love you Dawn Michelle Summers, and I will wait for you to return to England and me next fall.”

During the past seven months and despite the long distance between them, the relationship between Dawn and Susan kept growing strong, since true love could never be hindered by mere distance.
And Susan Walker was Dawn’s true love, her soul mate and her special someone.
They had really made the best of it, talking to each other online or on the phone for hours. They even had had phone sex twice. And then there had been this surprise visit from Sue at Dawn’s dorm in Frisco when Dawn and Susan – Sue for short, but only Dawn would be allowed to call her that – had slept with each other for the their very first wonderful time.

However until now everything had developed under the prospect that Dawn would move to England for good within the next six month.
What if she did not get excepted at Oxford?
Could their love be strong enough for yet another five years of love in the distance?
Dawn did not know. All she did know was, that her heart would break if her relationship with Sue should ever end.

“Hello! Earth to Dawn! You’re still with us down here?” Willow asked, waving the envelope in front her eyes.
“Sorry”, Dawn said, shaking her head, “I was just thinking…”
“Of somebody else,” Buffy completed for her sister with a sympathetic smile. “But if you don’t open this envelope soon, I will do it for you.”
“That wouldn’t be necessary,” Dawn said and nervously fetched the envelope from Willow’s hand. But the moment she touched the it, Dawn knew she no longer needed to be nervous.
“I’m in,” she whispered and found herself in the middle of some puzzled looks until the others remembered Dawn’s special talents.

Nevertheless Dawn ripped open the envelope and took out the very important looking letter: “Dear Miss Summers, yadda, yadda, given your outstanding testimonies and excellent letters of recommendations we’re honoured to except you to our medical school, yadda, yadda sincerely.”

“You’ve made it!” Buffy cried out and little Liz in her arms let out the most cute giggle, as to celebrate Dawn’s success.
“But why do I get the impressing that you’re not all with the woo hoo here?” Buffy asked after she had a close look upon her sister, who was having a rather guilty look within her blue eyes.

“There’s woo and hoo,” Dawn said quietly to her sister, “but also the feeling that I’m leaving you all alone in Frisco when I’m leaving for England next summer.”
“Well, I feel honoured of course,” Buffy answered lovingly, “but there’s absolutely no need for you to feel guilty. First of all, I’m not completely alone, there’s Miss Kitty. And Xander and Jennifer they are certainly not planning on leaving, you know with Xander having made partner in his contraction firm and Jenny being pregnant. – Shame they won’t tell us what it will be, even though they already know.” Buffy added with a pout.

“A boy; James Alexander,” Dawn muttered under her breath.
“What?”
“Never mind.”
“You deserved this,” Buffy said quietly. “studying at the best medical school in the world and”, she reached with her free hand for her sister’s hand, “to be with Susan. I know how much you love her and knowing that you will be living here happy and in love with Susan is all I’ve ever wished for you and it makes me forget the rather long physical distance between us.”

There was a moment of understanding silence between the two Summers sisters. A silence that sealed the deal again, forget long ago that they would always be there for each other whenever the one sister would need the other and no distance could ever change that.

“Plus,” Buffy added on a more cheerful note, “I have Steve, who unlike my previous boyfriends is neither dead nor like completely intimidated by my super natural strength. I’ll be fine.”

Steve Taylor, thirty five year old architect from San Francisco. Buffy had sat right next to him on her flight back home after Elizabeth’s birth.
And after talking for almost the entire flight, Steve had asked out Buffy for a date the next evening. Three months later they were still going steady and things were looking serious.
And that despite Steve knowing everything about Buffy’s role as the chosen one, as well as her super natural strength.
Smiling thankfully Dawn looked upon her older sister, holding her god daughter in her arm, and as Dawn kept looking the scene in front of her inner eyes changed; showing Buffy with not one but two babies in her arms and Steven standing lovingly behind her.

“Of course you will be fine Buffy,” Dawn said tenderly and then turning to Willow and Tara she asked: “so does your offer for me to stay at your place? At the weekends, or when I’m not in Oxford or staying in Frisco during summer break?” She added.
“Of course you can stay with us,” Tara answered, but added puzzled, “but I thought you would rather move in with Susan.”
“And I certainly will,” Dawn with the utmost assurance in her voice. “But not right away. Our relationship has been a long distance one, for some time now and will continue to be for the next eight months. And despite the distance, things are going well. However, Sue and I both think that if we go from long distance, to living together all at once even if only on a weekend basis, might prove difficult if not dangerous.
“So we’ve decided to date for a while and then go from there.”

“Sounds like a reasonable way to go,” Willow said, “wouldn’t you agree Tara?”
Tara nodded slowly.
“What’d you think Buffy?”

Silence.
They all turned around to find Buffy soundly asleep, with a happy giggling Liz laying safe and sound in her arms. Looking curiously up to her sleeping godmother.

“Still hasn’t found a way to successfully deal with jet leg hasn’t she?” Willow wondered.
“Apparently,” Dawn said, “she looks peacefully though.”
Willow and Tara both agreed and since she looked comfortable too and Liz had also dozed of, they let them both sleep and continued to talk, but lowered their voices not to wake them.

“So you want to call Susan right away?” Willow asked, handing Dawn the cordless phone.
“No not just yet. I’m sure she already knows anyway. I mean she was so convinced I would get in to Oxford, that she wouldn’t mind if I don’t tell her right away,” Dawn explained.
But since both Willow and Tara looked rather sceptical, she added, with glance upon her wristwatch, “Plus she’s not home anyway, she’s at her fitness club and she always shuts her Mobile down when she works out. But I’m sure she will be calling me as soon as she turns it on again.”
Dawn raised her right hand to reveal to the other woman – awake – her Mobile, and the short text message she’d just send.

“You’re good,” Willow complimented, “I didn’t even see you get out your cell phone, let alone use it.”
“Practice,” Dawn said, “comes when you have to send messages during class, and you don’t want the teacher to know.” She placed her Mobil right next to her on a little side table.
“And now for something completely different!”, Dawn said cheerfully, “now Willow that you’ve got your ‘profile’ back, have the two of you decided on a wedding date?”
“Indeed we have,” Tara answered, looking thoughtfully at her engagement ring. “Next summer. And we choose the date so that you have time enough, to move in with us before that.”

“We also would need a willing slave to help us with the wedding preparations,” Willow added with a devilish grin on her lips.
“I’m born to serve,” Dawn answered obediently
“So when is the big day going to be?” Dawn asked impatiently, while franticly clicking through the menus of her palmtop organizer – a birthday present from Willow, who then answered:
“On Friday, July twenty fourth, we will be registering our partnership at City Hall. That will be a more private occasion, and only you Buffy, Xander and Giles with partners and of course my mother will be attending this one.”
“And on Saturday,” Tara continued, “we will have a nice formal open air wedding ceremony, in the private park right across the street, with all our friends and family. Followed by a big party.”

“And who will be marring you?” Dawn asked curiously, but also a little bit uneasily, knowing she was touching upon a somewhat sensitive subject.
“Well, we couldn’t find a rabbi who would bless our marriage. But luckily the Lutheran Church here in London to which Tara belongs, is more open to our way of living and so their pastor will be marrying us”, Willow explained and with a lovingly look upon her daughter dozing in her godmother’s arms, she continued, “also Tara and I have decided that Liz will be baptised and raised in the Christian faith. I however will not convert and I will make sure that Liz learns of my faith as well.”

There was a long meaningful silence between the three woman, interrupted only by Buffy’s soft snoring.
“And of course,” Willow continued with a more cheerful voice. “We want you, our sleeping beauty here”, she pointed to Buffy, “together with Emma and Lucimar to be Tara’s bridesmaids and Xander will serve as my best men.”
Catching a short frown upon Dawn’s face when mention the bridesmaids, Willow hurried to assure Dawn, “no need to worry. Unlike with Xander’s and Anya’s none wedding [Not wanting to chance it, he and Jenny married secretly in Las Vegas.] you will like the gowns me and Tara have selected already. As much as Tara’s wedding dress – as I’ve been told.”
She shot Tara a annoyed look, “she won’t let me have a look you know. She’s such a traditionalist. But from what she told me, it ought to look fantastic.”

“Look who’s talking,” Tara interposed mockingly. “After all she won’t let me look at the ivory white suite that she’ll be wearing either.”

“So in a way,” Dawn said slowly. “ Willow will be the groom – well sort of – and Tara will be the bride. I wonder how you came up with that arrangement. Not because you are both girls, but more since unlike six years ago now Tara wears her hair short and Willow long.”

“I believe I know what you’re thinking,” Tara said in a friendly voice. “Since we’ve decided for a sort of ‘tradition’ wedding, why I’m not wearing the tux since I have the short hair right?”
“Sounds kinda cliché, I know,” Dawn amide, “but I really did wonder.”

“And you’re welcome to wonder”, Tara said, “And the reason why I’m wearing the dress is…”
“Because she cheated in a game of strip poker and thus won the dress,” Willow said jokingly and they all loudly broke into laughs, only to cover the mouth in order to not wake Buffy or Liz.
A quick look however assured them that right now possibly nothing could wake up the Slayer or loosen her secure hold upon her goddaughter.
And Elizabeth only shortly opened her eyes to have a unfocused look around before she closed them again, dozing off.

“But seriously,” Tara continued, and wiped away tears of joy from her eyes. “Both Willow and I have long thought and talked about it all.
“First of all, we really wanted the traditional wedding. After all who’s to say that this form is strictly for hetero couples only right? Now part of this form means the father to walk the ‘bride’ to the altar.
“Sadly as you know, Willow’s dad died just two years ago, and my father doesn’t even know I’m alive. I was as good as dead to him anyway, after I decided to stay in Sunnydale with Willow. I’m still not sure what he found more disgusting, that I was a practicing witch or that I was gay.”
Tara paused for a minute revisiting the pain she always felt about the way her own father rejected her for either being a witch or gay or both.
She shook her head, shoving her still unresolved feeling towards her father aside and then talked on: “Nevertheless the closest thing I ever had to a father – to a real father that is, is Giles. Right when I met him for the first time, I knew him to be someone I could trust. And when later things with Willow turned bad to worse and I had to leave her… Giles was there to comfort me.”

“Wow,” Dawn said softly, “I never knew you where so close. I don’t believe neither Buffy, Willow or me were ever that close. I mean of course we we’re close to him too. But just not in the same way he had been to you right?”
Tara nodded. “And that’s why we asked Giles to walk me to the altar. He said yes and that’s why I’m going to wear this beautiful white dress that you just have to see before you leave again.”
She paused for another moment before she added with a wigged smile: “and I didn’t cheat, I won that dress fair and square.”

Before Dawn could make up her mind about what Tara was getting at, her cell phone started ringing, and before she it had the chance to ring again she already answered it.
“Yes? Susan hi sweetie! Listen I’ve got some great news…”
And with that Dawn was up and out of the room, followed as usually by both Miss Trixi and Miss Cleo. For wherever Dawn should go those cats would follow.

“You know“, Willow said turning back to Tara, ”I think Dawn and Susan are really made for each other.”
“I think you’re right. And now I think it’s time for Liz to get her dinner,” Tara said and carefully took her daughter out of the sleeping Slayers arms.

Willow then covert her best friend with a warm blanket, and together with Tara and Liz went up the stairs, so she could breastfeed her little baby daughter.

The Road goes ever on and on,
Down from the door where it begun.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And must follow, if I can.

Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way.
Where many path and errands meet.
And wither then? I can not say.
[hr]

“What Dreams may Come”

Last edited by Dax on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:32 am 
8. Vixen

Hi!
Though I am happy to read that Dawn finally has found the one I dont like the butch aspect much, sorry (generally speaking).
Cant wait for the wedding!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:30 am 
19. Yummy Face

Excellent update-y goodness.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:57 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Hello Dax the Bread :)

Nice update.

I am so glad for Dawn and Susan. And you're write... it is better for them to not go from a long distance relation ship to live together. Dating is in order first ^^

I regret the lack of Willow and Tara goodness though... Wanna more... not NC 17, but you know... to know more...

:)

talk to you... like right now. lol

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:49 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky Bernd I am sooo happy with this whole story and I too can not wait for the beautiful wedding that would just be the icing on the cake for this story :wtkiss

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:20 am 
3. Flaming O

Authors Note:
The chapter title comes courtesy of the Song “Seasons of Love” from the rock musical “Rent,” Music and Lyrics by Jonathan Larson.
Copyright 1996 SKG Music LLC

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes – One Year.

Or rather six and a half years have gone by since Willow Rosenberg fount the love of her live,
Tara Maclay again.
In London’s St. James’s Park, Lucy Tara and Willow Evelyn Knight look back upon those years.

Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes
Being the Epilogue to “What Dreams may come”

“Look Mommy! The squirrel, it’s climbing up my leg!”
Liz whispered in total amazement, as the little brownish grey squirrel hurried up her trousers towards her knee, to fetch the peanut offered to it.
“I want to feed a squirrel too,” Lilly protested weakly as she watched the squirrel munch the peanut sitting upon her older sister’s knee.

“Well, then why don’t you give your peanut to the squirrel that’s waiting right next to your shoulder?” asked Tara, she sat together with her wife Willow on the bench right next to the one their two daughters where sitting on.

Turning her head around, Lilly saw another squirrel sitting but an inch away from her shoulder on the back of the bench.
Being like totally surprised, Lilly let out a shriek that sent the squirrel as well as the one from Liz’s leg jump off and hurry away.
“You made it run away!” Elizabeth scolded her sister.
“Sorry. I didn’t want to,” Lilly defended herself and turning towards her mommies she continued, “I was just startled, that’s all.”

“As much as the poor squirrel, I’m sure,” Tara said understandingly and Willow added lightly. “And they both already recovered from the shook – look!” She pointed to the already returning squirrels and only moments later both Elizabeth and Lillian were busy feeding them. One even found the courage to take up seat upon Lilly’s shoulder.
Sitting hand in hand and feeding some squirrels themselves, Willow and Tara proudly looked upon their two daughters.

Elizabeth, their eldest daughter, would turn six years old in three weeks time and that meant that in fall next year she would start attending elementary school.
‘Elementary school!’ Willow thought, ‘why, it feels like only yesterday that I first held her in my arms, and now she’s almost six years old.’
“It’s amazing how fast they grow isn’t it?” Tara asked, as usual knowing exactly what her wife was thinking.
Willow nodded slowly as she watched as Liz shyly tried to stroke the squirrel upon its back with her index finger.

Even though Elizabeth had the red hair and the green grey eyes of her Mommy Willow, in her character she was much more like her Momma Luce – more the quiet type.

– Now why Willow and Tara’s kids call Tara Luce is another story, to be told another time. –

And when it came to solving a problem or completing one of her more complex LEGO buildings or sculptures, Elizabeth used to be very determined too.

Nonetheless, beneath the quiet surface there was a temper not easily stirred, but if stirred at last Liz could be really forceful if necessary.
Like the boy from her kindergarten class once found out the hard way.
It all started when Bobby had told Liz that she couldn’t have two mommies, because nobody else had two mommies.
Liz had patiently explained to him that she had two mommies and that other kids in the world had two mommies or two daddies too. Much like other kids had only one dad or only one mom.

That quieted him down for a day or two. But then he started to make fun of her, for having two ‘lesbenoms’ for parents.
But when he then didn’t stop, he’d suddenly found himself face down on the floor pinned down by Liz’s delicate weight, until he promised to never make fun of her parents again.
Oddly enough they’d been best of friends ever since.

Yes, Elizabeth wasn’t the person to ever let others make fun of her family.
Like her little sister, Elizabeth was also quite gifted for a child of her age. During the last year, Mommy Willow and her Aunty Dawn had started teaching her how to play chess and she already showed to be a very gifted chess player.
She’d already managed to beat Tara twice, but then Tara wasn’t as good a chess player as her wife or Dawn.
Only two weeks ago, Liz had even started to teach her little sister and Lilly was catching up fast.
But then remember, Lilly was as bright as her older sister.

Beyond that however the two Knight girls where quite different indeed, for example unlike her big sister with her fair skin, Lilly’s face was one vast field of freckles. Lovingly counted and named by Liz, though they wouldn’t tell their mommies neither the number nor the names, because this was one of their little secrets.
And whereas Elizabeth wore her red hair shoulder long, Lilly from early on, had made it quite clear, that she wanted her dark blond curls cut short.

All in all, Lillian Michele Knight – Michele after her godmother Dawn’s middle name – was quite a little tomboy. She’d been fast on her tricycle and was even faster on her new bicycle.
Recently she’d also started playing football [Soccer to the American readers] with some of the neighbourhood boys. Only yesterday she’d declared that she wanted to join a football club and quote “Kick it Like Beckham!”

There wasn’t really much that could actually scare Lillian Michele, except that something could happen to her sister. To that she’d always made sure that she and her sister would look right and left first before crossing the street. And she would walk along protectively when Liz balanced on a fallen tree trunk in Grandpa Giles’ garden.

It’d been while Willow was pregnant with Elizabeth, that Willow and Tara came to the decision that they wanted Giles to be more than just a mere godfather (or god-grandfather) and so asked him if he would like to be Elizabeth’s grandfather.
Only too gladly, Giles agreed and became the proudest grandpa you could ever imagine. He loved his granddaughters dearly and especially Lilly had taken him by storm, she’d really wrapped him around her little finger.
Of course, both girls loved their Grandpa Giles and loved to spend as much time as possible at his place in the English countryside.

It was on Giles insistence, that Willow and Tara had moved their big wedding ceremony & party from the relative small private garden at Bedford Square, to his much bigger and quieter estate. And here under the clear blue English sky, they had a wonderful romantic ceremony, followed by a big happy party.

All of their friends and family had been there, to celebrate with them, Buffy and her fiancé, Steve; Dawn & Sue; Xander & Jenny with their son James Alexander – or Jimmy for short; Emma & Lucimar; Giles & Olivia.
And of course Willow’s mother and her cousin’ Ayelet & Julia.
There were also many of their London friends and colleagues, as well as some of the Wiccans of the English coven.

The wedding ceremony itself was the most romantic event you could ever imagine, with the sun shining and the birds singing under the blue sky.
But the moment Tara, lead by Rupert Giles started walking towards the altar, where Willow was waiting for her, there was only one bird singing.
This bird sang more beautiful then anything they’d ever heard before and all who’d heard it would remember it for the rest of their lives.
When the pastor gave them their blessing and declared Willow and Tara married in Love, the bird sang one final note and flew away, never to be heard in Giles’ garden again.
There was a moment of silence before everybody broke out into a loud cheer.

During the following reception, slash party then Cheryl, Willow’s closest friend during her time at the English coven, offered to do the necessary magic to enable Tara to carry Willow’s child, since Willow still felt uncomfortable at the thought of actually doing magic herself.
In fact, she hadn’t done any magic since she’d ‘activated’ all the other Slayers worldwide.
About five months later, Cheryl uttered the charm that – slightly differed then the one Tara had used – enabled Tara to conceive Willow’s child during the following ‘sleepless night’.
Another nine months later then, in the early hours of Thursday the eighteenth of August two thousand and nine, Tara gave birth to Lillian Michele Knight.

“Mommy!” Liz cried out, sending the last squirrel that had stayed on her knee despite there being no more peanuts to get, hurried away and up the next tree, “can we go feeding ducks?”
“Of course you can,” Mama Luce said and reached for the bag with the prepared sandwich toast. No old toast – no way!
Neither Liz nor Lilly would allow that and so they donated part of their allowance in order to buy fresh toast for the ducks.

Lilly was the first one to get off the bench and took the bag from Tara’s hand, followed by Liz. The older Knight girl’s face twitched only briefly as she cautiously applied her full weight to her left leg.
It was only the shortest twitch, barely visible, but only to painfully visible to her mommies.
Watching their girls stroll hand in hand to the nearby lake, both Willow and Tara remembered their darkest hours.

It’d been a little over a year ago that, coming from playing in the private park right in front of their home, Liz had crossed the street hastily… crossed the street without looking right and left first (never would they learn why Liz hadn’t looked first), and thus never saw the car that was rapidly approaching, way too fast for a side street like Bedford Square.
Even though the driver hit the brakes and tried to steer clear of the small girl, he hit her and Liz flew almost two meters wide, before she landed unconsciously on the street again.

Tara, who had just been busy cleaning the living room windows, had watched the entire horrible accident. In no time, she was out of the house and the side of her baby girl, whose left leg was twisted in the most unnatural way.

Alarmed by her wife’s cry, Willow had called an ambulance and after she had given little Lilly into the care of their neighbour, drove together with Tara and their injured daughter in the ambulance to the nearby hospital.

At the hospital’s emergency room, Tara had to be dragged out of the trauma room by force in order for the doctors to do their job, and while she keep crying helplessly in Willow’s arms, the redhead felt all numb, fearing that now of all times, it might come to the point when she finally had to pay for killing Warren all those years back.
And so Willow kept praying that if anyone had to go, it should be her rather than her little innocent child.

Then finally, Prof. Nitz came out of the trauma room to inform the two worried woman that Elizabeth would be fine. It had been looking fairly worse then it really had been.
She had suffered no internal injuries and besides some minor cuts, there was only her left leg to be taken care of. The leg had been broken in several places and it had to be readjusted again. As soon as they’d finished the operation, Elizabeth would be transferred to the paediatric station and then her mother would be allowed to see her.

After that all that was left to do, was to let her little body heal itself and since at that young an age bones heal fast, she was back on her feet and running in almost no time.
Still, Willow would never forget that dark hour when she feared she might lose her child.

Obviously, within the past years, the others of Willow’s and Tara’s family and friends had experienced their share of gloomy moments as well.
Like when Lucimar had miscarried her first pregnancy and in the aftermath had broken down completely and it got so bad, that Emma had started to fear her wife might lose all will to life. It was only much later and because of Emma’s loving care and some professional counselling as well, that Lu found a way to live again.
But whether or not she and Emma would ever try again, only time could tell. To deep had both been hurt by losing their lovechild before it had even been born.

Buffy Summers-Taylor had yet another near death experience, thanks to a rather persistent demon, who’d been determined to make San Francisco his personal hellhole.
But then having died twice already, that didn’t exactly qualify as a dark moment for Buffy.
Right now Buffy was rather anxiously looking forward to giving birth to twins; within the next few weeks, a boy and a girl as of yet nameless because Buffy and Steve couldn’t make up their minds. So all in all, things looked quite bright for the pregnant Slayer.

For Dawn on the other hand, things took a bit of a turn.

It was during her second year at Oxford and only shortly after she had moved in with Susan, that out of nowhere – or so it seemed– there was this huge fight between the two lovers.
From what little Tara could get out of Dawn, after she’d found her standing all in tears in their doorway, was that it all had started as a harmless quarrel.
A quarrel like many other couples experience every now and then – couples like Willow and Tara – followed of course always by great make up sex afterwards.
With Dawn and Susan, however, the quarrel turned into a huge break up fight with Dawn leaving the woman she loved.

Neither Dawn nor Susan, with whom Tara and Willow stayed in quiet contact, would ever tell what this fight was all about. And for the following year they wouldn’t even talk to each other.

During this time Dawn even got into a short-lived relationship with fellow med student Jeff Murdock. It was of course a relationship that never really stood a chance, because after all Jeff wasn’t Dawn’s true love – Sue was.
But even true love, as Willow and Tara knew from experience, could get into rough waters.

It was only following some discreet and careful intervention by both Tara & Willow, as well as her mentor at Oxford, Professor Patrick Maitland on Dawn’s side.
And of Susan’s best friends: Jane Christie and Sally Harper, that the two woman got talking again and rediscovered that their love was far stronger then any argument could ever be.

When Dawn began her internship at London’s St. Thomas Hospital – much to the dismay of newly appointed Professor Lucy T. Knight at the London University Hospital – she moved back in with Susan again, at their new home in the London Borough of Chelsea.
It was an old house that had formally housed a pub, Susan had inherited it from her aunt four years ago and right away had started to refurbish and restructure the place.
Right on time, when Dawn had completed her internship and successfully graduated from med school, Susan had finished the work on the ‘Crossed Keys’, the name of the former pub and therefore now the name of the house.

They had all helped Susan of course, whenever they had some time on their hands. Dawn, except for the time she and Sue had been apart.
Xander helped whenever he was in townie i.e. in the country. Much to the dismay of his wife Jenny, who then depend on either Willow or Tara to show her and her kids Jimmy and little Anya around London.
But then she knew only to well that there was absolutely nothing that could keep Xander Harris from working on such an interesting as well as historic building.

Tara too helped as much as she could, but was only allowed to do tasks where she didn’t risked hurting her valuable surgeon hands.
And Willow?
She soon had to be restricted to only grind and paint wood, because even with the most simplistic electric tool Willow turned out to be somewhat of a threat to other people’s safety.

The refurbished ‘Crossed Keys’ now housed a spacious cosy flat on the upper two floors of the house, with a really amazing kitchen that even had a wooden balcony looking out to the beautiful backyard garden. Xander alone had constructed the later one from scratch.
Sue had converted the space that formerly had been the pub, into a modern paediatric practice for Doctor Dawn Summers and Doctor Oliver Morris, Dawns senior partner for the next years till his retirement.
Dawn’s and Oliver’s practice would be open on September first this year, right after Dawn and Sue had returned from their Roundtrip through Europe.

They were on the last leg of their trip now, a river cruise down River Elbe from Prague to Hamburg. Travelling through Germany, and with the weather being sunny and warm, they were bound to have a really pleasant time.
What Dawn didn’t know, upon approaching Dresden and its beautiful baroque cityscape, standing in the stern of the ship – very ‘Titanic’ like – Sue would propose to Dawn.

Ding Dong, Ding Dong!
Ding Dong, Ding Dong!

Ding Dong, Ding Dong!
Ding Dong, Ding Dong!

The voices of the bells of from the clock tower of the nearby Houses of Parliament drifted over St. James’s Park, followed by the largest bells of them all – “Big Ben” – sounding the hour with a deep dark melancholy:

Ge-doing! Ge-doing!

As soon as the second hour had been sounded, Liz and Lilly stood in front of their parents ready to go.
“It’s time!” Lilly said excitedly, her face all in a glow, “we can go home now right, Mommy?” She turned to Tara, “Momma Luce?”

“Of course we can go now,” Tara assured her eager daughter, “After all, we wouldn’t want you to miss your birthday party.”
“Especially since she only turns three once,” Willow said.
“Four!” Lilly protested, “I’ve turned four today Mommy!”

“Right four, of course”, Willow said and together with Tara stood up. “And now let’s go home.” She started walking towards the Mall, but was soon stopped by Lilly.
“Not that way!” Lilly cried out, “that’s the direction for ‘walking’ all the way home!”
Assisted by her older sister, she started to drag her mommies towards the opposite direction and Birdcage Walk, which would lead them to the nearby Westminster Tube Station.

“We mustn’t be late,” Lilly went on, “Grandma Rosenberg and Grandpa Giles will be having the table ready by now. Uncle Xander, Aunt Jenny, Jimmy and Anya should be arriving soon from their hotel. And Emma and Lu… we must hurry!”

Upon entering Westminster Station, Tara playfully testing her children asked: “But now which train do we have to take? Maybe the Jubilee Line?”
That of course was the wrong one and so Liz and Lilly hurried to get their mommies into the right direction.
“First we take the eastbound Circle Line train,” Liz explained.
“That’s the Yellow one,” Lilly said and let her sister go on.
“One stop, to Embankment. There we change into the northbound Northern Line.”
“That’s the black one, three stops to Tottenham Court Road,” Lilly finished their expiations and so they all together went down into the deep innards of the London Public Transport System.

‘Next Train: Circle Line via Embankment in 2 Minutes’

Willow read on the platform’s electronic announcement board, while they all stood hand in hand together waiting for their train.

One minute until their train would arrive. Another five minutes until Embankment. Followed by the minutes it would take to change platforms and so on.
Life, Willow knew, was a collection of minutes. Minutes of laughter, minutes of strife, minutes of sorrow and minutes of celebrations.
Celebrations like the fourth birthday of Lilly. Today they would celebrate with her family and tomorrow with all of her little friends from kindergarten and the neighbourhood.
And who knew what the next 525600 minutes, the next year would bring.

Willow did not know. But she did know that she was very much looking forward to whatever life had in store for her Tara and their little family, in the upcoming seasons.

‘But what ever dreams may come, What ever the seasons will bring, with Tara at my side,’ Willow thought and casually kissed Tara upon her check. ‘They will be Seasons of Love.’

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear
How do you measure, measure a year?

In daylights, in sunsets?
In midnights, in cubs of coffee?
In inches, in miles?
In laughter, in strive?

In
How do you measure a year in the live?

How about – Love?
How about – Love?
How about – Love?
Measure in Love

Seasons of Love
Seasons of Love

Five hundred twenty-five thousand journeys to plan
How do you measure the live of a woman or a man?

In truths that she learned or in times that he cried
In bridges he burned or the way that she died

It’s time now to see that the story never ends
Lets, celebrate remember the year in the live friends

Remember the Love
Remember the Love
Remember the Love

Measure in love

Seasons in Love

The End
Of
“What Dreams may Come”

Edge of Darkness – What Dreams may Come – Seasons of Love

“What Dreams may Come”

Last edited by Dax on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:27 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Yay an update!! I am sure you were waiting 'till I go out! lol

Hehehe a cousin Julia huh? :-D and a Cherryl too? Oh I already know that this characters are good ones :-D Thanks little bread ^^

I think I have some ideas about why the little girls call Tara "Mama Luce"...; Is it because of Tara's official name? Or it is only because you said Willow calls Tara "Luce" as an endearing name :(
Anyway.. Good epilogue. Can't wait for the third intallment of this serie.

Poor little Liz. Lilly is sooooo cute! I am sure she's a very bright girl. Not the brightest though... Kick It Like Beckham? Poor child... Thierry Henry plays (or played?) in UK at least! :p
lol

And yes... Football... She should play football :) A little european playing football, and using her skills of logic to play as well as her stamina. (I am sure her mommies have plenty of stamina... a night sleepless :-D) A child well integrated in her hometown :)

Now I hope you'll tell us in seasons of love what was that happened between Dawn and Sue. Even if I want almost only Tara and Willow goodnesses, I also am curious about this.

Thanks for your update my friend.

See you :)

Julia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:48 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Bernd I am in heaven with the ending of this story I feel like I lived the whole thing with them. The girls are precious my friend so sweet and so much like each of there mothers. Tara and Willow are such good mothers loving and caring. I love a story that has the girls as mothers it fits them well. your writing is subperb. I read about
willows friend Cheryl when I saw this I cried you honor me my dear dear friend there are not words to express my feeling here but I know you understand. I saw Julia also you are so sweet ............... always Cheryl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:37 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

I forgot to say something...

About the bread?

Old bread shouldn't go to the ducks, you're right, it must be keeped to make yummies french toasts. Because real French Toasts are made with old and dry bread that drinks all the milks and eggs ^^ Not with fresh bread ^^

So.... No old bread for the duckies (also if I remember well, as for the horses, it is better old bread for them than fresh... but shhhh ;-) )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:02 am 
19. Yummy Face

Excellent ending to a beautiful story.

Post subject: Re: What Dreams may Come
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:11 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Great Story.

WILLOW: Preaching to the choir here, baby. (smiles at Tara)

I'm just a Tara searching for my Willow ~me

Post subject: Re: What Dreams may Come
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 15
Different, but still good!

It's a really different take on "What happens after"

Nice to see a bit of variety.

My Story: Coming Home