The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New Story: Finding What you weren't Looking For
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:09 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I have to agree, I hope you'll finish this fic. I hate to think of poor little Ella stuck in limbo with Donnie forever! :(

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:21 am 
3. Flaming O

awesome fic i hope that you keep writing it :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:21 am 
3. Flaming O

Been so long since i updated my story, can anyone tell me how??? I can't remember how to uplaod it on this site.

Last edited by Willowfan on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:52 am 
5. Willowhand

I'd be happy to beta for you - and give you some ideas...drop me a PM....

- FIRESIGN
aka Cin
:pride :kgeek

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:43 am 

Hooray--thanks for offering your help, FIRESIGN, I'll help out too, just PM me if you have questions. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:08 am 
3. Flaming O

Thank you both for the words of encouragement and offers of help. I hope to have an update posted by tonight or tomorrow. Just working on the end of the chapter. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:48 pm 
3. Flaming O

Finding What you weren’t Looking For

I want to thank everyone for sticking with me on this, it’s been forever!

This chapter is pretty PG-PG13ish.
Everything belongs to Joss and ME only using them for fun not profit.

Feedback is great if you’d like to let me know what you think.

Sorry for the long wait!

Chapter 12

Spike stands outside the warehouse, he takes a long drag from his cig and then tosses it to the ground. Blowing out the smoke he walks up to the side of the building and works his way in through a second floor window. As he stands on the edge he sees the truck pull up, he considers trying to take the child back but decides it’s a risky venture at best, since he has no idea how many demons he’d have to face. He sticks to the original plan and slips inside unnoticed.

At the house the gang is ready. Buffy is all weaponed up and the witches have the spell ready. Joyce looks at them, “Be careful.”

“We will-we’ll be back in a flash.” Buffy says with ease.

“I’ll have the coco all ready-lots of marsh mellows.” She tries to be strong and it works till she hugs her daughter and the tears fall.

Buffy hugs back, “She’ll be okay,” she whispers. “I promise.”

Willow hugs Tara, “Oh-and can there be cookies?” She looks to Joyce trying to relax everyone.

“Lots of cookies-peanut butter ones,” she assures.

Willow kisses Tara, “Let’s go-it’s way past El’s bedtime.” She forces a smile. “Need to get her all snuggled in.”

Tara nods, “Yeah.” She checks her pockets for the stakes and the cross.

Buffy speaks again, “Okay-we need to go-everyone knows the plan right?”

The witches nod, “Get Ella and then run-leave the fighting to you.”

Buffy smiles, “Let’s roll.” They go out the door. however when they reach the jeep, they realize Joyce is right behind them. “Mom?”

“I can’t just sit here knowing-” she says softly.

Buffy hands her a stake as they all pile in-Joyce takes the driver’s seat. Buffy frowns. “What-sweetie, you can’t drive.”

Buffy rolls her eyes as they pull from the curb.

Donnie carries Ella inside, the child pretending to sleep like she promised her mama. The storm outside grows though as she fights to keep the fear from over taking her.

The man stops just inside as he is surrounded by a group of vampires and other demons. “That’s far enough,” states a voice.

Donnie stops in his tracks and looks in all directions
for a way out. The coward inside him telling him to just drop the kid and run. The greed however wins out and he holds his ground. “Where’s my money?”

“You’ll get what’s coming to you.” The messenger assures stepping from behind the other demons with a briefcase.

This makes Donnie smile for a second, it fades and the panic returns as a flash of light appears and a giant of a man steps out. DeRose in the flesh, his magic filling the air. “Silence human. Is this the child?” His eyes pin Donnie’s and seems to cut through him. The pain is intense.

“Yes,” he manages as he drops her at the demon’s feet.

Ella struggles to not call out as she hits the hard surface. Her mind crying out to her mama and the storm increasing with her fear. As the lightning and thunder grow louder and the hail begins to pummel the building the DeRose speaks. “Yes indeed.”

He looks to the child still trying to seem asleep. “Young one, look at me.” Ella tightens her eyes and wills herself to stay still. The menacing grin finds his face as he levitates Ella.

The child’s eyes pop open as she feels herself being moved. Her mind screams for her mama.

Tara tries to stay calm in the Jeep as they get closer to the warehouse. “You have to hurry!” The clap of thunder and the flash of lightning finish for her.

Joyce speeds up as Willow grips Tara’s hand tighter. “What’s wrong?” The redhead asks.

“He’s got her.” She stops and then starts again. “A scary man. She keeps saying over and over that he has her.”

Buffy opens the door and Joyce looks unsure, “What are you doing?”

“I’ll be faster this way. Meet you there.” She looks at Tara as she Jumps out, “Tell Spike to do something.”
The Slayer hits the pavement running.

Willow climbs forward and closes the door. “It’ll be okay,” she promises those in the car, though her head and heart don’t seem to agree. She turns and takes Tara’s hand again.

In the warehouse De Rose looks at the child who still refuses to open her eyes. “Stubbornness will not get you far.”

Spike watches and inches closer. Suddenly he hears the words that make his decision for him. Tara pleading for him to do anything to help her daughter. He drops to the ground in front of the demon with his best serious face in place and states in his cocky tone. “Doing business in a man’s town without properly informing him-well gentlemen it just shows bad manners all around.”

“Vampire! Who do you think you are?” DeRose is barely able to contain his anger at being interrupted.

“Spike’s the name-I’m the Big Bad in these parts.” He says without hesitation. His cocky demeanor in the forefront.

“Neutered,” states a vamp not a few feet from him and before the words reach DeRose the undead creature is dust at his feet.

Spike wipes the dust from his hands and then his duster,” Like I was saying. You got business here, it goes through me, it does.”

The demon looks the blonde vampire up and down, appearing to be judging his danger level. “As you wish.” He grins menacingly.

Spike looks at Ella, a look that tells her to pretend she doesn’t know him, “ I could just demand the kid but seeing that I ain’t got use for one-I suppose money would do. A show of good faith and all.”

“And what do I get?” He plays along.

Spike feels the Slayer enter, “Suppose what’s comin’ to ya.” He morphs out as Buffy drops to the ground. “Slayer,” he introduces her and grabs Ella stepping back.

“Spike, get her outta here.” Buffy orders.

The blonde Vampire shields the child in his duster and scans the room for a safe spot to hide her. He doesn’t see one and growls. “Soddin’ warehouse’s all open.” He can hear the fighting and knows that the Slayer will need help soon. He glances up, back to his original hiding place. “Okay, Bit-here’s the plan-” he jumps and lands back on the rafters that shielded him earlier. “You stay quiet as a mouse. Got it?” His soft blue eyes
meet hers. The storm rages but she is able to nod. “Shhh-” he reminds as the gold replace blue and he jumps into the battle. Ella watches until it gets too scary and she again squeezes her eyes closed.

Spike and Buffy fight back to back. Dust flies and they appear to be winning until DeRose chants and more vampires join the fray. “Magic-” snarls the blonde vamp, “I hate magic, I do.” He rips through more monsters.

“Not liking it much either,” the Slayer agrees. “Can you hold’em off?”

“Sure Pet what’ ya got in mind?”

“Killing me a demon.” She looks toward De Rose.

“Careful Pet,” Spike warns. “He’s got powers that-” she runs off mid sentence. He growls, “Soddin’ Slayer-never listens.”

He fights and vampires dust but more replace them. He doesn’t seem to be getting anywhere.

Buffy though has made her way to the demon. He smiles as she takes her defensive stance. “That’s suppose to scare me?” She shrugs. “It doesn’t.” Again she shrugs. “You don’t have to die, I just want the child.”

“See that’s the problem, you can’t have her. So,” she kicks at him, the round house catching him under the chin and knocking him off balance. Her speed surprising him. She continues the battle.

Willow, Tara and Joyce come in just as Ella unleashes a beam of bright light. It strikes down vampire after vampire. She is careful not to hit Spike. Tara however can tell that the little one’s control is wavering, “Spike take cover.”

As he hides under his duster and then a raincoat Joyce throws at him, the room is bathed in crackling light. The thunder grows and the flashes outside try to come in. “Ella-” she looks for the child.

“Mama-” comes a shaky voice, “Up here.”

Tara’s blue eyes search the rafters, but it is Willow who spots her. “There-” she points.

The young mother tries to hide her fear, “Ella baby-I see you-stay still.”

Willow however doesn’t talk she simply moves toward the back hoping to find stairs that lead up to the child but Joyce stops her, “Stay-Buffy needs the two of you here. I’ll get Ella.”

Willow hesitates but nods as she sees Buffy go down. “Tara, “ she runs to her girl and joins hands. “Buffy,” she says and they both concentrate on sending energy toward the fight.

The waves hit DeRose and again he is on the ground. The Slayer pummels him, blow after blow and finally seems to be getting the upper hand.

Willow and Tara join their energies again this time trying to block any magic he tries to use. Hoping that their combined powers are strong enough to stop him.

Joyce climbs the stairs as fast as she can, at the end of them she finds a door. Opening it she can see the little girl and she smiles. It fades when she sees a man getting closer. She picks up a piece of wood she finds there and moves as fast as possible on the narrow beams.

The exhausted child has stopped her light show and Spike is able to rejoin the party. He sees that the Witches are helping Buffy and the vampires are in neat little piles of dust. He frowns when he realizes Joyce isn’t in view. His eyes search and he spots her going for the child. He sees the man almost there. “Bloody hell!”

His game face reappears and he jumps to the rafters swinging himself up next to the child. “Hey Bit-” he forces the fangs away.

She smiles. “Mama’s here.”

“What say we go see her?” He pulls her into his arms just as Donnie grabs for her.

“She’s mine!” Yells the man. The Vampire‘s game face returns and Donnie wavers-trying to find a way to salvage something from the mess. “But you can have her for a price.”

The demon’s eyes sparkle for an instant then Spike pushes the thought away. “How’s that?”

“Give me a thousand dollars and she’s yours.” Donnie starts.

And Spike laughs, “Why would I do that,” looking down at the child then back at the man.

Donnie is getting more frustrated, in anger he demands, “Give her to me.” He stands facing them. Donnie screams in pain as Joyce hits him in the head with a piece of wood.

“Leave her the hell alone.” She stands over him on the narrow beamed floor. “Nobody messes with my family.”

“Heard her mate.” Spike smiles.

Donnie tries to stand but can’t. Spike steps over him with the child and wraps an arm around Joyce. “Let’s get back down there. Looks like they can use some help.”

Spike puts Ella down and looks toward the fight. Buffy is throwing blow after blow but DeRosa still stands. Willow and Tara, hands joined recite a spell that for an instant causes the creature to stumble. The Slayer use that opportunity to deliver a series of powerful kicks and punches that are so fierce the Vampire cringes.
“That’s it Slayer,” he says softly.

However seconds later it is the Slayer who is falling to the ground, a charge of power hitting her as he chants words of magic. The Vampire returns, fangs bared as he looks Joyce and runs head long into the fray.

The woman picks up the child and moves to stand with her back against the nearest wall. This position gives her a better chance to keep the child safe.

The Slayer, the Witches and the Vampire fight the demon and can not seem to get an advantage long enough to finish him. His magic is strong and his minions keep coming.

They kill vampire after vampire, a hundred or more now and they only face more. Buffy growls, “I. HATE. VAMPIRES.” She stresses as she tears the head off the one nearest to her.

Tara and Willow each send a fireball into two more, ashes begin to fill the area. The redhead feels the power in her hands falter as she tries to summon more energy. “Can‘t do this much longer.”

Tara whispers, her energy draining too, “I know.” She feels tears start down her face as the thought of losing suddenly hits her.

She stops fighting and Willow looks unsure, “Tara?”

“I’m sorry Willow.” She breaths as she moves toward DeRosa. “Take me,” She yells to him.

“Tara!” The redhead panics. “You can’t, what are you-” her words stop.

The demon stares at the blonde witch, “You?”

“Me, she is my child her power comes from me.” The storm outside picks up again. Lightning, thunder and what sounds like hail fills the night.

“Does it now?” He seems amused and this causes the scared redhead to become angry. You can see the energy begin to crackle around her.

“Take me.” Tara repeats. “She’s just a little girl.” Her tears fall. “Please.”

The demon moves toward the blonde with his hand outstretched. She fights to stay still. As his fingers brush her cheek. “You think you are strong?” She nods,
unable to speak, the fear for her child making her throat dry. He reaches out and grabs her by the neck, lifting her from the ground.

“Let her go,” Buffy shouts as she runs at him. His magic hits her and she flies through the air and lands with a thud against the wall. She crumbles to the floor.

“Buffy!” Joyce and Spike shout in unison. They run toward her.

Tara scratches at the demon’s hands as she struggles for both breath and freedom. He laughs, “You’re nothing.”

Suddenly he cries out in agony his grip on Tara lost and she backs away. A voice from behind him speaks as he writhes on the floor. “That’s were you’re a dummy,” the redhead speaks. “She’s my everything.” The electricity still crackles in her hands as she moves to the blonde. Afraid to touch her she gives a nervous smile. “Are you okay?”

Tara nods as tears streak her cheeks. She looks at the fallen demon and then her redhead. “How?” She starts but stops.

Willow shrugs, then sort of grins. “He was mean, and he made me mad.”

Tara coughs out a laugh, then turns as she hears Ella. “Mama!” The little girl runs to her. Tara picks her up and hugs her tightly. “Mama-are you okay? She kisses her child’s head and holds tighter.

“I’m okay-are you okay?” She keeps a tight hold.

“I can’t hardly breath Mama.” Ella says with a little grin.

“Sorry baby,” Tara says as she loosens her hold. “She looks her over and sees for the most part that she is indeed unharmed. “Scary day huh?”

“Yes it was, that man was mean.” She looks down and sees him on the floor, struggling to get up but unable to.

Tara can’t stop the laugh, the child’s words matching Willow’s. “Well I don’t think he’ll be mean anymore.”

“You can count on that,” says the Slayer who has now joined them.

Spike and Joyce are there now as well. “Want me to take him off your hands Slayer?” A little glint of yellow in his eyes.

She nods in understanding, a demon-the chipped vampire can feast on him. “That would be good-for all of us.”

The Vampire’s grin is sinister, “You and I need to talk about manners.” He lifts the demon from the floor as Willow releases him. “See you around Bit,” he says to the little blonde.

She waves as she cuddles into her mama’s shoulder and yawns. “Night Spikey.”

“Spikey?” Buffy says with a grin.

“You just watch yourself Slayer.-I’m still the Big Bad to you. And don’t you forget it.” He calls back over his shoulder.

Joyce smiles, “Coco tomorrow night?”

“I’ll be there.” With those words the bleach blonde is gone with his prize.

Willow cautiously slips her arm around Tara and when nothing crackles or burns she relaxes. Her hand touches Ella face. “Let’s go home, I think it’s my turn to read the bedtime story.” They all start walking toward the exit.

“Can we read two?” Asks the little blonde.

Tara smiles and kisses her, “We’ll see about that.” She brushes at a smudge of dirt and sees a small cut. “Someone needs a bath.”

“And some cookies,” says the blue-eyed girl her eyes meeting her mama’s.

“I don’t know about that,” Tara starts but it is Joyce who finishes.

“I didn’t get a chance to bake them, we’ll have to do that tomorrow.”

“I can help,” El says as she tries to stop a yawn.

“Yes you can,” Joyce smiles.

As they walk to the car and get settled in the chatter continues, everyone still feeling the rush of adrenaline caused by the stress of the day. Finally as Joyce drives Ella falls asleep, then the drained redhead. Both are curled into Tara. The blonde strokes her hand through the hair of each and a tear falls. “What a day-” she says softly.

At the Summers’ house Tara has tucked both Willow and Ella into her bed. Both sleeping soundly through the process. The drain of their bodies by all the magic will take time to recharge. She kisses them both and walks silently from the room.

Down stairs she finds Buffy and Joyce in the kitchen. The Slayer has a plate full of sandwiches. She looks from the plate to the thin blonde, “What a girl can’t eat?” Asks the Slayer.

Tara blushes and nods, “After tonight, you can eat as much as you want- in fact, I’ll fix you your favorite for a week-a month.” Buffy smiles at her words.

Joyce walks to the door and looks through the window. She frowns.

“Joyce?” Tara starts.

Buffy looks up, her mouth full of sandwich- “Mom?”

“Don’t talk with your mouth full.”

Tara smiles but it fades quickly. She joins the woman at the door.

“I thought I heard something.” Joyce says. Her eyes searching the dark back yard.

“Donnie-” breaths Tara- “He’s back.”

The Slayer growls, her meal interrupted. She walks to the door and opens it, “He can’t be that stupid.” She looks at the two women, “Stay put and lock the door.”

Before it can be closed Spike is standing there, “Spike!” Joyce starts, “You scared me.”

He smiles but then pushes it away, “Sorry love.-just thought I’d check make sure the lot of you were tucked in for the night.”

She smiles, “Thank you.”

There’s something about his story that the Slayer isn’t buying. She eyes him up and down and then she sees it. Blood-it’s on his hands and the corner of his mouth.

He follows her glare and hurriedly brushes it away. “Well I’ll be going.”

“I’ll walk you out.” Buffy follows him onto the porch, closing the door behind her. They walk away from the house and she pulls a stake.

“Bloody hell!” He steps back, “Put that thing away before someone gets hurt.”

‘Someone’s gonna get hurt if I don’t get some answers.”

“I told you the truth Slayer I came by to check on the Bit that’s all.”

Buffy punches him in the nose.

“That hurt!” He holds his nose trying to stop the blood.

“Last chance the whole truth.”

“All right, all right-I came by to check like I said-”

“And?”

“I saw him trying to climb the tree by Little Bit’s window,”

“Who?”

“You know who-I did what needed to be done. That’s all.”

“Your chip?”

“Didn’t say it didn’t give me a hell of a headache.”

She stares at him, stake still in hand. She tries to understand what she has heard. Spike killed Donnie-killed him to protect Ella. “Why?”

“He had it coming.” He watches as she puts the stake away.

“Sorry about your nose.”

“You should be Slayer,” but he almost smiles. Without another word he walks off into the night.

Buffy shakes her head confused by the Vampire.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:09 pm 
5. Willowhand

Nicely done - but you can't leave us hanging there!!! Hope to see another update soon!

Keep up the great work - nice to see you back on here!

FIRESIGN
aka Cin :pride :kgeek

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:42 am 

I'm with FIRESIGN, more updates please! I'm ridiculously relieved that little Ella is back with her Mama and Millow (Millow is absolutely adorable by the way, I can't wait till Ella tells her it's short for Mama Willow...it is, right??!) I'm worried that she's going to get sick again from using all that magic...but I am super, super glad that the demon and Donnie are dead. I hope Spike ate Donnie from the toes up. The bastard.

:D

More soon!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:48 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Good that Ella is back with her family... Good that Donny is gone...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:08 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
I wholeheartedly agree, don't leave us hanging! That's bad, very bad.

Thoroughly enjoying the story and looking forward to an update soonish?

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:27 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Another wow from me. I'm thrilled that this story is back. I read it a while ago, but I do think on another board and thought it was lost. But here it is and finally with an update after such a long time. Thanks for not abondening this lovely fic. Haven't read the new update because I have to reread the rest first. Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for giving it another try. Please finish it. It's a wonderful setting.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:35 pm 
2. Floating Rose

This story is totally assume. Please finish it. Willow Tara and Ella are such a wonderful little family. They need to have a happy ending and more story goodness to get us there. Please please please finish this .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:37 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Any update on this fic? :pray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:48 pm 
3. Flaming O

My computer with this story on it is dead-- hoping to find a hard copy of my notes some where in my house so that I can finish it for you guys. Thanks for the reviews and continued interest even though I am horrible at updating in a timely manner.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:11 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 2
Great story! I am loving it. having Donnie come for the girl was a nice twist.
Hope you can find your notes soon!

A Proposal Plan, A Star's Second Chance
Finey_McFine's Fan club http://finey-mcfinefanclub.webs.com/

"Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her" ~ Oerba Yun Fang FF13
http://www.astronsoulfanfictions.com/
http://astronsoulfanfic.tripod.com/twilight/