The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Story: Finding What you weren't Looking For
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:17 pm 
3. Flaming O

Chapter 6

Willow looks around them almost frantic as she tries to come up with a plan to even the odds, if only a little. She swallows hard as she takes a quick look at her girls. She can see the fear in Ella's eyes as again the lightning flashes-this time its closer. "It's okay L-just hold on to your mama-we'll be okay. I promise."

Tara looks at the redhead unsure as she tightens her hold on her daughter. "Willow?-" Her words stop though she wants to ask a million question but not in front of the child.

Willow takes her hand and like with the soda machine in the laundry room their powers join-making them stronger. "Just concentrate and aim," says the redhead softly.

"Think it'll work?" Hope in her voice.

"In theory," she leans in and kisses the blonde.

Then both focus on the closest vamp, their joined power sends him flying across the park and into the tree. The others look around at him and then start at the witches in pairs. The first pair is also sent flying, landing with a thud against the nearest slides. The next pair rush at them almost immediately and, with their power weakening, land only a few feet away.

Willow looks at Tara as the remaining group of six vampires surround them. The thunder and lightning gets suddenly worse-as if the problem with the vamps isn't enough.

Ella is now crying, "Shhh-it's okay baby girl," Tara tries then looks at the redhead praying for answers the blonde whispers. "Now what?".

"I'll distract them- run as fast as you can. Buffy's house is closest-it's that way." She points. She decides keeping them safe is her main concern.

"I'm not leaving you," Tara whispers back as her tears fall now as well.

"Tara you gotta keep her safe," Willow looks back toward the vampires. "Go-" She lets go of Tara's hand. "Go," she repeats.

Tara looks at the redhead and nods, "I love you."

Willow smiles, "I love you."

Ella cries for Willow as Tara starts away with her. Tara looks back to see the vampires surrounding her girl getting closer. "Willow!" She stops frozen unable to leave but afraid for Ella. They grab at the redhead but she tries to push them away. As one tries to sink his fangs into her, to the surprise of all, a bolt of lightning hits the undead beast.

Instantly, he is dust and then the next and the next, as bolt after bolt hits them. Willow stands amazed and so does the blonde. The vampires look at each other and then the redhead, "Witch!" one states.

"Damn straight-" says the redhead in her most intimidating voice. "And unless you want to be-" before she can finish the remaining demons run away into the night.

Tara runs back to Willow and hugs her. "Goddess-you okay?" She feels around for injuries, then checks her neck for bites. Seeing only the tiniest place she relaxes a little.

"I'm okay, how did you-" she looks at her blonde.

"I didn't. I thought you-"

Willow shakes her head. "I didn't." Then remembering where they are. She kisses both Tara and Ella. " Let's get out of here."

"Right-good idea." She checks Ella and kisses her. "That's right baby girl, close your eyes." She holds Ella tighter and then wraps an arm around her witch. They start toward the dorms.

Later in the dorms Tara and Willow sit on the bed with Ella between them. The little girl sleeps restlessly. Tara tries to soothe her. "It's okay baby girl." She presses her lips to Ella's temple.

The storm outside continues. Hard rain falls as thunder and lightning can be seen and heard all around. The storm just won't let up.

Willow strokes her fingers through Ella's hair. "She's had an exciting day."

"A little too exciting." Tara says softly as she kisses her child again. They sit quietly for a few minutes before a yawn escapes Tara's lips.

Willow smiles a little, "You should sleep too."

"She might wake up and be afraid." Tara says in a whisper.

"And I'll be right here if she does. Rest, okay?" Willow kisses her forehead and her lips softly.

"Willow," she stops and lets her eyes meet her girl's. "Just for a little while."

Willow smiles and nods. "Just for a little while." She wraps her arms around her girl, encircling Ella between them. Tara turns onto her side and rests her head on Willow's shoulder, her arms around her baby girl. "Close your eyes." Slowly Tara does. The redhead lets one hand stroke the blonde's back and presses her lips to the top of her head. "I'll be right here."

"Always?" Tara's sleepy voice asks in a whisper.

Willow is surprised by the word but a smile finds its way to her lips, "Always," she breathes back.

A sleeping Ella smiles as if she heard the words as well.

Later as her girls sleep Willow listens to the night. Outside, for the first time in hours, the storm suddenly stops.

Willow watches her girls sleep. The morning sun has started to peek into the room, the rain of yesterday gone. She starts to get up carefully but stops as she hears Ella whimper. "Shhh-L." She lets her fingers brush down the little girl's shoulder and arm, soothing her. The little girl's eyes open long enough to see her. Ella smiles as she closes her eyes again. "That's right, sleep," she whispers.

Tara's eyes open and she smiles as she watches Willow with her daughter. Tara lets her fingers lace with her redhead's. "Morning," she says softly.

Willow smiles, "Morning." She presses her lips to Tara's ever so gently.

"You stayed awake all night didn't you?"

Willow looks into her girl's eyes, "It's okay. I don't sleep much." Tara smiles her lopsided grin and then both blush at their thoughts. Willow grins as she looks away briefly. "Tare-" she looks back at her girl.

"Hmmm-" she says as she lets her fingers trace the girl's face.

"There was gonna be more daring remember?" Willow asks.

Tara smirks, "Definitely remember." She leans in and brushes her lips to Willow's. "Get some sleep first."

"Don't wanna." She says as she brushes her lips against Tara's.

Tara looks down at the sleeping child between them. "Let me get Ella settled in her bed then we'll-."

"I can do it." Willow says with a smile.

"Why don't we do it together?" Tara's eyes meet hers.

Willow nods, "I like that idea." She slides carefully out of bed. She looks back at the sleeping child. Tara gets up and moves around beside her. The redhead turns down the bed as the blonde settles her little girl under the covers. Each kiss her on the cheek then look at each other. Tara smiles a nervous smile and holds out a hand to Willow. As she takes it she pulls the blonde close. "I love you," she whispers as she kisses her softly.

Tara pulls out of the kiss after a few passion filled moments. "I love you." They move toward the bed and settle back onto it. They turn on their sides facing each other. "Willow-" she starts trying to find the words. "We don't have-" she stops. "You don't have to prove anything. Your parents-"

Willow puts her fingers on Tara's lips, "They don't know me." She replaces her fingers with her lips. The kiss is soft-full of caring, but soon turns more passionate as her lips move against Tara's.

The blonde follows her girl's lead. Soon her tongue traces against the bottom lip of the redhead and seeks entrance. Moaning a little Willow opens her mouth to her. Tara explores, slowly, then wantonly. Both are breathless when the kiss finally ends. They lean their foreheads together as they pant for air. "Taralips," Willow gets out as she leans back in for more kissing.

This time as tongues battle from one mouth to the other, hands begin their own journey. As Tara sucks on Willow's tongue her hands find their way under her shirt-fingernails scratching in circles on her back.

Willow moans louder, her body and mind getting more lost with each passing minute and teasing touch.

Tara finally breaks the kiss, needing air in her starving lungs but her hands don't stop. They tease against Willow's skin moving around to her stomach and inching slowly up giving the redhead plenty of time to stop her.

Willow's breathing is ragged-her lungs burn as she pulls in much needed oxygen. She has her eyes closed as she works to slow her breathing though Tara's teasing touch isn't helping. "Goddess-" she moans as she feels her girl's fingers moving up her stomach.

Tara leans over Willow and whispers in her ear, "Too fast?"

"No-" she pants back as her body arches into Tara's hand as she cups her breast. "Yes!" she moans out as her girl's hand sets a gentle rhythm that her mouth matches against her neck.

"Taste so good," Tara whispers against the skin before moving up to bite on her ear-then sucks the lobe into her mouth.

"Tara-" Willow pants her body starting to overload as she tangles her hands in the blonde's hair and pulls her closer. Tara lets the lobe go and starts to kiss and lick a trail down her neck and across her throat. Willow's foggy brain remembers something and she pulls away just a little. "Tare-" she pants out.

Tara stops. She pulls her hands and lips away, "Sorry-" she struggles to calm herself.

"Me too-" she smiles and kisses her. "Don't wanna but we have to stop." She kisses her again.

"Stopping, right-okay." The kissing continues and the movement of her hand follows. She pulls away growling a little, "Stopping." She moves her hand from Willow's breast and the redhead whines. Tara smiles against her neck as she kisses her there. "You said stop."

Willow rolls over and pushes the blonde onto her back. She moves over her holding herself above her with her arms. "Cause stopping was getting farther and farther from an option."

"Got nervous?" Tara asks as she leans up kissing her briefly then lies back down.

"No-worried we might wake up Ella-this isn't something I'm quiet at," she blushes.

"Ella-" Tara looks toward the sleeping child as she blushes. She lets her eyes close. "I forgot she was here." She pouts, "I'm a terrible mother."

"Hey-you are not." She lets herself down slowly, her body pressing against Tara's. "Just a little distracted."

Tara moans biting her lip, "And this-this is helping how?" She asks as she wraps her arms around the redhead holding her to her tightly as she lets her body arch against her just a little.

Willow moans a little, "It's not-" she admits. "I just needed to feel you." Blushing she adds, "All of you."

Tara kisses her softly, their lips moving slowly together. "Soon." The blonde whispers as she pulls back and their eyes meet. "When you're ready."

Willow tries to protest, "But I am."

Tara smiles, "It's been a wild few days-weeks, we'll talk about it later. I promise."

Willow nods and leans down for one more chaste kiss. "Today?"

Tara smiles and looks across at her daughter then back to the redhead, "What do you say we wake up sleeping beauty and go get pancakes?"

"Hmmm-I'd say sounds good." They share a quick kiss and then the redhead rolls off her girl and lies beside her.

Tara kisses her one last time before getting out of bed. Willow watches her walk away to Ella's bed with a smile on her face. The young mother leans over Ella and whispers, "Time to get up." Ella stirs but her eyes don't open. "El-la." The name is a little louder. More stirring and then finally her eyes open. Tara smiles, "Morning baby girl."

"Morning Mama," her eyes close again.

Tara sits beside her and presses a kiss to her forehead. She frowns when she realizes it's a little warm. "Ella baby-wake up."

Ella's eyes open again, "Tired Mama."

"But it's pancake time." Tara tries as she watches the child's eyes try to close again.

"Pancakes?" She struggles to keep them open.

"Yep and Willow's going with us." Tara smiles as she sees a smile on her daughter's face.

"Okay Mama," she sits up slowly.

Willow smiles from across the room as she watches them together. Willow gets up and sits beside them on the child's bed. "Why don't I help you while Mama gets ready?"

Tara smiles though a little worry slips through. She kisses both girls and grabs her shower kit. "I'll be right back." She leaves the room.

Willow looks surprised as the tired little girl crawls on her lap and curls up letting her eyes close again. "Long day yesterday wasn't it?" She kisses her forehead and she too notices it is warm.

Ella nods, "And scary."

"But we're all okay." Willow kisses the top of her head. She stands with the child and after hugging her tight sits her on Tara's bed. She goes to the dresser and picks her an outfit. When she turns back to her, Ella is asleep again. The redhead looks worried but moves to her and sits beside her. "Come on L-clothes to put on, so we can get yummy pancakes."

Ella opens her eyes, "Too tired."

"We'll put them on, then you can sleep okay?" Ella nods and begins to pull on pajama top she wears.

At the restaurant the little girl sleeps in the seat next to her mama. Her head is pillowed on the blonde's lap. Willow is drinking coffee, her pancakes nearly gone. Tara strokes her hand through Ella's hair without realizing it. Willow smiles at her witch. "You haven't eaten much." Tara looks at the pancakes and takes a bite, then looks up at Willow. "Hmmm-still more to eat." Tara's eyes fall on her daughter. "Want to run her by the clinic?"

"It's just a little fever." She says trying to convince herself.

"But if it would make you feel better, we could take her."

"They'll think I'm silly." Tara says with a half smile.

Willow leans across and kisses her softly, "Then why don't we stop by the drugstore and get something for the fever?" Tara nods. "Eat a little more while I take care of the bill?" Again the blonde nods. "Want a box to put hers in?"

"Yeah, maybe she'll feel like eating them later." Willow stands and walks toward the register.

Ella's eyes open slowly, "Mama?"

"I'm here baby girl."

"My head hurts." She says as she sits up.

"Come here." She crawls into Tara's arms. She presses her lips to the child's head and she can feel the heat coming from it. Worry instantly fills her eyes.

Willow sits on the bed holding Tara close as she holds Ella. The child is restless as she sleeps. She mumbles but her words aren't discernible. Tara runs her hand across her forehead and then down her cheek. "She's still really hot."

The redhead looks at the little girl. "Maybe she caught a chill from the rain yesterday?" She touches her cheek with her palm.

"Maybe-" Tara says nervously. She looks at the clock as Ella whines a little. "The medicine should be working by now."

Willow looks at the blondes in her arms. She kisses Tara softly. "She'll be okay."

"My dad was right I can't take care of her. I have no clue about what she needs-or even-" Tara's tears fall as her mind tells her she is selfish for wanting to take the child from people who know how to care for her. She continues to silently berate herself.

"He wasn't right-you can take care of her, you have and what she needs-well she just needs you. The other stuff-you'll learn okay?"

Tara nods, trying to believe Willow's words as tears fall. Willow brushes them away. "I'll get the thermometer." She slips unnoticed from them as Tara concentrates on Ella.

As she passes the window she notices that it is getting cloudy. She sees lightning in the distance. "Was it suppose to rain today?" She gets no answer and smiles as she sees Tara lost in the little girl.

"Mama-no-stop them-don't hurt-Willow!" The child wakes up with tears streaming down her cheeks. "Mama-Mama!"

"I'm right here baby girl I got you." She kisses her forehead. "Shhh- it's okay." She holds her tightly to her body.

Ella frantically looks around and calms as she sees the redhead. "Willow."

Willow comes back across to them, "I'm right here." She takes her hand. "See I'm okay. Just a bad dream."

"They got you." She looks at the redhead.

"No, see-I'm here with you and Mama." She touches the child's cheek. She sits back down with them as the rain starts.

Ella's sobs begin to stop as she calms and lets her eyes close again. Tara kisses her forehead and Willow lays a hand on her back rubbing it gently. "It's okay Ella." Tara whispers then begins to hum softly as she rocks her slightly.

Later that day Ella is still sleepy and listless. She hasn't eaten and the fever still comes and goes, kinda like the bad weather. She is sitting on Tara's lap her eyes trying to focus on the pages as her mama reads to her.

"Mama where's Willow?"

"Remember, I told you she had to go to class, but she'll be back soon." She snuggles against Tara's body and lets her eyes close again. Tara's worried eyes still read the words on the page as she kisses her on top of the head. "Want some soup sweetie?"

"I'm not hungry Mama," says the child quietly.

"Maybe a little later." She holds her tighter.

Willow walks from her class with Buffy beside her. "It's just a cold right?" Asks the blonde Slayer.

"Pretty sure but Tara's all worried and that makes me all worried and-" she stops herself before the babble hits full stride.

"Anything I can do?"

"I don't think so but thanks. I'm gonna stop and get her favorite foods and maybe she'll eat something."

"Call me if you need me-I'll be at Mom's."

"Everything okay?"

"Yep, she just wanted to feed me dinner."

Willow smiles a little, "That's nice." The smile fades as she thinks about her own parents.

"She'll be okay Will-you'll see."

"Right-I should go." She walks away without answering. Buffy watches concerned.

Later at the dorm, Willow is sitting on the bed with Ella trying to get her to eat. "No," complains the child as she turns her head away from the spoonful of mashed potatoes.

Willow tries again, "Just one bite Ella?"

"No," she repeats a little louder as she crosses her arms on her chest.

Defeated Willow puts the potatoes in her own mouth and stands. She goes over to Tara who is sitting in the chair, tears sliding down her face. Willow sits on the arm next to her and they both look across at the child. Tara speaks softly, "I don't know what to do."

Willow wipes the woman's tears, "I think maybe-she hasn't eaten all day maybe we should take her to the clinic."

"Yeah-I think so." Tara stands and Willow stands next to her.

She pulls the weary blonde into her arms. Over her shoulder she sees the night sky. "It's demony time-I'm gonna call Buffy and ask her to come by. I'd feel better if I didn't have to worry about monsters too."

Tara nods against her shoulder. "I'll get Ella ready."

Willow goes to the phone as Tara goes to the child. She picks up a pair of tennis shoes and a jacket on the way. She sits down next to the child and Ella opens her eyes. "Mama."

"Hey baby," she kisses her forehead and it is still warm. "Lets put your shoes on."

Ella lets her but then questions. "Why?"

"We're going for a ride." She says softly.

"But I don't want to." She lays back down. "I'm tired."

"I know baby, but you can sleep on Willow's lap in the car okay?"

Willow joins them on the bed, "She'll be here in a few minutes."

Ella crawls on Tara's lap and the woman slips the jacket on her. "Who's coming?"

Willow smiles "Buffy and her mommy."

Tara looks unsure and the redhead says simply, "She's was at Joyce's."

Ella's eyes close. "My head hurts."

Tara kisses her forehead leaving her lips there for an extended length of time. Willow wraps an arm around her witch. "I'm sorry baby." Tara whispers to the child.

At the hospital, because the clinic was closed, Willow sits with Buffy and Joyce. Tara and Ella have been in the exam room for about 30 minutes after waiting an hour to see the doctor. Willow stands and paces back and forth in the little area as Buffy looks at her mother. Joyce looks at the redhead and then her daughter. "Buffy honey, why don't you see if you can find a snack machine. Coffee sounds pretty good right now."

Buffy looks toward Willow and her mother nods, "Coffee Willow?"

"Hmmm?" She stops walking and turns to the voice.

Buffy repeats, "Mom wants coffee-how about you?"

Willow shrugs and shakes her head. "What's taking so long?"

Buffy starts toward her but her mom's words stop her, "Don't forget the cream in mine and Willow likes lots of sugar." The blonde looks at her mom unsure but leaves the redhead in her hands.

Joyce stands and walks to the girl. She puts a hand on her shoulder and Willow turns and walks into her arms as the tears fall. "I'm so scared. She has to be okay. Tara will-if she isn't how-"

"Shhh-she'll be okay." Joyce whispers in her ear.

Willow tries to pull herself together but she can't seem to do it. She sniffs back tears as she tries again. "It's my fault she got all wet, because of my parents." She stops and the anger feels her words. "They were so mean to Tara-told her it was just a phase I was going through-but it's not-I love her and Ella." The tears flow harder.

Joyce is surprised by the redhead's words. She had assumed that Tara was merely a close friend. Letting things process she chooses her words carefully. "Maybe they were just surprised-"

"Maybe." Willow allows, "But they didn't have to be so mean and they made her leave and it was raining and she didn't have an umbrella-and then there were vampires." Buffy comes back with the coffee mid babble but lets her finish. "They were everywhere. Tara and I we were able to knock them around a little with our combined magic and then there were just too many and I told her to run with Ella, to go to your house. Then there was lightning and the vampires were just dust."

"Lightning?" Buffy questions.

Willow looks up from Joyce's shoulder and nods. "I thought it was Tara."

"But it wasn't?" Buffy asks.

"She said no and it wasn't me." She seems to realize something as her brow dips down in thought, but her words are lost as she sees Tara walk out of the exam room door. "Tara?" She moves from Joyce's arms and to the blonde witch. She can see she is crying. "Tara?"

Tara looks up at her, "She's okay. Just a cold-we did okay. Except we need to make sure she drinks lots."

Willow smiles and without thought kisses her softly. "Can we take her home?" Buffy and Joyce have joined them.

"In a few minutes they want to give her some fluids."

Willow makes a face, "Sounds like there will be needles."

Tara nods, "I need to go back in with her. I just didn't want you to worry."

"I could come too." Willow looks in her eyes.

Tara smiles a little and nods as she takes the redhead's hand in hers. "I'd like that." They go back in together.

Buffy hands her mom the coffee and without thinking takes a drink of the one she got for Willow. She makes a face as she swallows it. "That's just nasty. How can she drink that?"

Joyce smiles, "I'm not sure."

Buffy looks seriously at her mom, "Thanks for talking to Willow."

"Why don't you convince them to stay with us tonight?"

Buffy smiles, "Them sharing a room won't freak you out?"

"As long as there's just sleeping, I'll be fine." She looks at her daughter. "You could have given me a heads up on that you know."

"Sorry, I wasn't thinking."

"Then they've been dating for a while?"

Buffy nods. "She makes Will happy."

Joyce smiles, "Happy is good."

Everyone is standing in the entrance way of the Summers' house. Ella is asleep in Tara's arms. The blonde looks exhausted. Willow touches her shoulder. "Why don't you let me hold her for a while?"

"No, she's okay." Tara assures her.

Joyce smiles at them both, "Willow, why don't you show Tara the extra room?"

Tara seems unsure, "This is a lot of trouble for you and-"

Joyce interrupts, "It's no trouble. It's late, you all need to sleep."

Tara nods and forces a slight smile. "Thank you."

Willow smiles at Joyce and puts a hand on Tara's back as they start up the stairs. Joyce calls to them, "The towels are in the hall closet."

Buffy looks at her mother, "I need to do a quick patrol and stop by Giles'. I'll be quiet as a mouse when I come in." She kisses Joyce on the cheek.

Joyce smiles as she looks at her daughter, "What was that for?"

Buffy smiles as she picks up an axe from the weapons chest by the door, "Being my mom." She goes out the door. Joyce smiles.

Buffy stands by the couch in Giles' apartment. "You're quite sure?" Asks her watcher.

"No-I'm not sure at all. But think about it. Vamps go boom and then ?" she stops as her eyes meet his. Both look worried.

At the Summers' house, Willow and Tara have Ella cuddled between them. Both blondes sleep, but like the night before the redhead watches over them. Her mind just won't stop. It's a mini motor running in fourth gear. She thinks about Ella and the rain-the vampires turned to dust by the lightning and then the final piece falls into place. The child's headaches-her lack of appetite-even her listless manner. She presses a kiss to the child's head and finds it a little cooler than before. "I can't be right-you can't have that much power-" she whispers. A few seconds later she looks towards the door as she hears a soft knock and then sees Buffy's head.

"Will-are you awake?" Buffy whispers.

"Yeah." She whispers back.

"Can we talk?" The whispers continue.

"I'll meet you in your room." The door closes and Willow carefully moves Ella's head to her mama's shoulder. She kisses them both and slips from the bed unnoticed.

As Buffy and Willow talk both notice the thunder and rain outside the window. "It can't be her, she's sleeping." Willow protests, though she herself believes it's possible.

Before Buffy can answer, they hear the screams of the child. "Willow! Willow!" Both stand and run from the room, Joyce moving that direction too.

Thanks for reading and letting me know what you think. Your kind words are motivational. Thanks to Wolfkin for the beta work and listening to the ideas. Again thanks to all the Kittens out there-love the site!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:46 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

okay... once again, Ella is adorable...

but I can't be the only one thinking that it was a really bad idea for Tara and Willow to bring the baby to Sunnydale... firstly, they aren't really ready to take care of a child ie: no car, no job, no place for them to live.., secondly I can't help but feel like Tara's being a little selfish (in a well intentioned kind of way) I mean... the fact that she forgot about her daughter and was about to "get it on" with Willow while Ella was asleep right in the same room...that's a little out of character for Tara, IMO

I liked the bit in the beginning with the vampires. I thought that was well done.. and Ella certainly cares a lot about Willow, that much is clear... I just hope things don't take a drastic turn for the (even) worse... *bites nails*

I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat for chapter 7...

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:11 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky Hay Lovin it you already knew that though right we are almost to where I left off I am holding my breath can,t wait :pray I understand that it is going to be hard in sunnydale but at least Tara wants to keep Ella and not give her up ( to Mr. Mclay no way) she wants a family and both Willow and Tara are growing and it will work out I trust you :wave

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:26 pm 
3. Flaming O

okay.. well, willowfan, can I ask you a question?

-was it Ella who did the spell?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:15 pm 
Ah god that's an updates !
Willow's mum are so stupid !
Where will Tara and L live now ? I wish that Willow and them take a appartement would be so cute !
i can't wait the next updates !
Aurélie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:17 am 
3. Flaming O

Im so glad this fic is on here now!! I was so sad when extraflamey went down and i couldnt finish this one...looking forward to the next chapters :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:31 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 5
this is really good so far, update soon please! well done

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:23 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I really love the relationship between Willow, Tara and Ella. I hope you update soon so I can find out what happens next. In the meantime I will give you a little dance party.

:dance :dance :dance :dance :dance

:wtkiss :pride :clap

"Love is the most dangerous craving of all, if you ask me. It turns us into people we aren't. It makes us feel like hell, and makes us walk on water. It ruins us for anything else." -Eric in Jodi Picoults book 'Vanishing Acts'

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:30 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Oh, Crom Ymir and Mitra, we're doing "Stormqueen;Sunnydale style" perhappenstance? Intriguing....

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:21 pm 
3. Flaming O

Awe! they are all so cute! I love the story! Keep it up!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:23 pm 
3. Flaming O

I want to thank everyone for the reviews. I hope you like the update.

Chapter 7

Discoveries

Buffy is in the room first but it is the redhead who goes to the bed and the screaming child. Tara is holding her, trying to calm her. Willow sits next to them. "Hey-hey-L-it's okay." The child crawls from her mama's arms to the witch. "Shhh-it's okay." She looks to Tara for answers as the child starts to relax in her arms. "What happened?"

Tara shakes her head. "I w-was sssleeping and then ssshe-" she stops trying to stop the stutter that always reappears when she's scared. Willow rubs her back.

"It's okay baby." She kisses the blonde witch and leans her forehead against hers.

Ella moves back to her mama and speaks as Joyce leaves the room. "I had a bad dream."

Tara touches the child's tummy, "That's all baby?" Ella nods as she puts one arm around Willow. Tara kisses her cheek.

Buffy smiles at the little girl. "Why don't we go get some hot cocoa? I bet that's what Grammy Joyce is making."

Willow smiles at the name Buffy calls her mom. "You better not let her hear you call her that."

Buffy rolls her eyes, "I've called her worse, just not lately." She grins as do the other grown ups in the room.

Willow smiles at Ella and kisses her on the nose playfully. "Will you bring some back for me and Mama?"

Ella nods and goes to Buffy, though she runs back to hug Willow and Tara one more time. They both hug her tight and smile at her. They wave as she goes.

After the door closes Willow pulls Tara into a tight hug. "You okay?"

Tara nods, "Just a bad dream. I thought-" she shakes her head.

"She's okay-probably dreams because of last night." Tara nods at the redhead's words. "Tare-baby, we need to talk."

"Is something wrong?" She looks worried.

"No, not wrong just-Ella, is she-does she have any magical ability?"

"Magic?-I haven't-I don't think so. Dad never-he thought it was crazy-or evil so he wouldn't have encouraged it." She stops and thinks, "But it's-it can be passed down-My grandmother, my mama and me-so-she could. Why?"

"I think," she stops, trying to organize her thoughts and words. The storm outside has all but stopped. "When Ella gets upset-the rain-" she stops again.

Tara looks at her wide eyed. "You think Ella-the weather?" She shakes her head. "No, Willow she can't-the power it would take to control-" again she stops. "I-I-you really think?" She bites her bottom lip.

"Maybe." She takes Tara's hand. "Maybe not controls... Influences might be better, though the lightning, that was kinda controlling."

Tara's eyes go wide again, "You think she-the vampires-with the poof?"

Willow nods slowly as a little smile finds her face. She touches the Wicca's cheek. "You had some big league babbling going there."

Tara swats at her playfully as a slight lopsided grin finds her face. She rolls her eyes as she speaks, "L-learned from the best."

Willow pulls her into a hug, and then presses a soft kiss to her lips. Before they break the kiss the others are back in the room. Joyce clears her throat playfully and blushing, they separate. It is a smiling Ella who speaks, "They're just kissing-" she tries to roll her eyes. "You kiss people when you like them."

Willow and Tara both smile at the child who scampers from Buffy's arms back onto the bed between them. She kisses both and then snuggles against them. Joyce smiles at the little girl, handing her a sipper cup of cocoa. She begins to drink it. Joyce hands a mug to both Tara and Willow. "I think you can handle it from here. Night." She smiles at the group.

"Thanks," says Willow with a smile.

"You're welcome," she leaves quietly but stops to look back at them and smiles.

Buffy looks at the redhead, "Everything okay?"

Willow shrugs, but smiles. "Still lots to talk about and research-"

"But yeah-we're good." Tara says as she hugs Ella. "Ready to get some sleep baby girl?"

Ella looks unsure, "The bad dreams."

"They wouldn't dare come back." Willow winks. "I'll chase'em all away."

Tara smiles, "You just snuggle in tight." She takes the empty cup from the child and smiles as she snuggles up to her-and then reaches back for Willow's hand. Willow smiles and moves in closer.

Buffy grins, "Night." She turns off the light as she leaves.

Ella whispers, "Night Mama."

Tara presses a kiss to the top of her head. "Sleep tight."

"Love you." Ella says.

"Love you." Tara assures.

"Love you too Will," comes the soft voice of the child.

Tara notices the redhead's smile and a glimmer of a tear in her eyes. "I love you baby girl. Now lots of sleep." She moves even closer pulling Tara tighter too, she kisses the blonde's lips. "I love you."

Tara smiles, "I love you." She lets her hand caress the redhead's back. "Sleep."

Soon the room is quiet and so is the night, the storm finally over. Ella sleeps peacefully in the arms of the witches. Willow sleeps too, but the blonde's eyes are still open as she looks down at her daughter and the redhead. The iwords of her witch still play in her mind. Could Ella really be that strong. She would have to do tests, maybe talk to her about magic. Well it could all wait till things were more settled. She smiles as she lets her eyes close, letting sleep claim her.

The next morning Tara and Ella are in the kitchen cooking as Joyce smiles-watching from the doorway.

"Good morning."

Tara turns around, "You're up early. We were going to surprise you with breakfast."

"And you did." She smiles as Ella climbs down from the two step and walks over to her. She takes her hand and leads her to a seat. Tara and Joyce smile. "What's this?"

Ella smiles, "We'll bring you juice."

Tara smiles at her daughter, then hands Joyce a glass of juice. "The coffee should be ready in a few minutes. How would you like your eggs?"

Joyce is about to answer when Buffy comes down the stairs. "I smell food." She stretches. "Yummy."

Ella giggles, "It's breakfast-but you're not suppose to know yet."

Buffy smiles as she looks around, she sees Tara cooking and Joyce sipping juice. "A surprise huh?" Ella nods. "Well it'll be a surprise for sleepyhead Willow." Ella giggles again.

"Sleepyhead Willow." She giggles even more as she repeats the name.

Tara smiles as she watches her daughter with the Slayer. Ella leads her to a chair like she did Joyce. "Stay here," says the little blonde.

Buffy smiles, "Will do." Tara brings her a juice. "Thank you."

"Sure you don't want some help?" Asks Joyce.

Tara shakes her head as Ella climbs back up on the two step. "Got all the help I need." She kisses Ella and the little girl hugs her.

Joyce looks at Buffy and they both smile as they watch the two of them together. Ella hands her eggs and Tara cracks them into the skillet.

Later Ella sneaks quietly into the room where Willow is still sleeping. She walks to the bed and crawls onto it stealthily. Tara grins from the doorway. Ella sits on the redhead and then begins to tickle her. The witch begins to whine and stretch. Ella giggles as she tickles her again.

Slowly Willow's eyes start to open and she grins as they focus on a happy Ella. She grabs her and turns the tables tickling her back. "Gotcha!" They both laugh. "What are you doing?"

"I'm waking you up sleepyhead-it's time to eat."

"Sleepyhead huh?" Willow grins as she holds Ella close.

"Buffy said." Ella kisses Willow's cheek.

"Buffy's up?"

"With the food." Ella makes a face. "Mama says that's bad."

Willow nods, "Very bad." She hugs Ella one more time. "Where's Mama?"

Tara sits on the side of the bed and Willow smiles letting their fingers entwine. "Morning," smiles the blonde.

"Morning." The redhead smiles at her.

Tara looks at Ella, "I'll finish waking up sleepyhead-you make sure Buffy doesn't eat all the food." She smiles and so does Ella as she scoots off the bed and out the door. Tara watches her go with a smile then leans down kissing Willow softly. "Morning."

Willow grins up at her, "Good morning definitely. Nice way to wake up." She pulls Tara down against her and they kiss again. Lips begin to slowly move together, then Willow tongue slips out to brush against Tara's bottom lip. Tara smiles but pulls back. The redhead pouts.

"We need to go downstairs, it is not gonna happen if we start that."

Willow nods and lets her go reluctantly. "I know."

Tara moves from the witch and the bed, then holds out her hand. Willow grins and takes it pulling her back down and into a searing kiss before letting her go and standing up. She grins at the dazed woman. "Last one downstairs does the dishes!" She goes for the door giggling and Tara chases after her.

Downstairs, breakfast is done and everyone is sitting in the living room. Ella is sitting at the coffee table drawing as the others talk. Buffy smiles at the couple. "So what are your plans for today?"

Tara looks at Willow before looking at the others, "Ah-well Ella and I need to find a place to stay. Seems the dorm has rules about-" she stops and looks at Ella.

"Really?" Joyce seems a little surprised.

"We're going to check out some apartments."

"Sounds expensive," Buffy makes a face.

Tara smiles as she strokes Ella's hair, "It'll work out."

Joyce nods, "I'm sure it will."

Buffy looks at her mom, "I hate to run, but class starts in about an hour and I have to get my books." She stands and hugs her mom.

"And do your homework?" Asks Joyce with a raised eyebrow.

"No-it's done." Buffy rolls her eyes at the woman. "See you this weekend."

"Bye Buffy."

The blonde plays in Ella's hair as she starts to the door, "Bye Ella-gator." She smiles at the girl.

"Bye Buffy-wuffy." She teases back after thinking of a name. The blonde Slayer laughs as she goes out the door as do the others in the room.

Tara smiles at Joyce, "We should go too-let you get ready for work."

"When you're the boss, you can set your own time schedule. This is my late day." She smiles as she watches Ella draw. "In fact, if you want, Ella can stay with me while you look."

Ella looks up and smiles at her mama, then at Joyce. "Could we make more cocoa?"

Joyce smiles, "If it's okay with your mama."

"Can we Mama?"

She looks at Joyce, "You sure we're not imposing?"

"Absolutely not."

Tara looks at Ella, "We might be gone a few hours."

"It's okay Mama. I can finish my picture."

She looks at Willow and then back at Joyce. "We'll hurry."

"Take your time dear. We'll be fine."

Willow leans over and kisses Ella on the top of the head. "Be a good girl."

"I will."

Tara kisses her lips, "I won't be too long."

"I'll be fine Mama." She assures.

Tara stands and then Willow does the same. Joyce smiles at the nervous young women. "We won't even know you're gone." She winks.

Tara relaxes a little and with one more kiss to the top of Ella's head she and Willow leave.

Joyce smiles as she watches Ella color. "What are you making sweetie?"

"A picture for Mama." Joyce moves so she can see it. "This is Mama, and that's me-and here is gonna be Willow." She picks up the red crayon.

Joyce smiles as she watches her draw. "It's a very nice picture."

"I can draw you one next," Ella says looking up at her.

"I'd like that."

Later, after looking at five apartments, only three remotely livable and all out of her price range, a worried witch sits at the table of the Espresso Pump unraveling a napkin. Willow touches her face, "Hey-we'll look more tomorrow." Tara nods. Willow slips her hand into the blonde's, entwining their fingers. Tara looks up and forces a little smile

The smile fades as she speaks, "I can't afford any of those places, not even the awful ones." A tear trickles down her cheek.

"No-baby please don't cry," Willow whispers and the Wicca forces the tears to stop as she feels Willow's hand touch her cheek. She leans into the touch. "I promise it'll be okay." her mind is a whirl with thoughts. 'Should I tell her I can pay for the apartment? Should I tell her I have more money than we can ever spend? No, presume much-offering money might offend her.' Willow's thinking is cut short by the blonde's words.

"We should go back to Buffy's and get Ella," she says softly.

Willow nods, "Okay." She stands and so does the blonde. She realizes Tara is crying again and pulls her into a hug. She holds her and rubs her back trying to calm her down just a little. "Shhh-baby."

Ella is helping Joyce make cookies when they hear the front door open. "I bet that's your mama and Willow."

Ella climbs down and runs for the doorway just as Willow and Tara enter it. She hugs her mama's legs. "I have a surprise!" She announces.

Tara forces a smile and picks up the little blonde. "You do. For me?"

"I made you a picture." Joyce hands it to Ella who gives it to Tara.

"It's very pretty. Is this me?"

Ella nods, "And that's me and that's Willow." She smiles proudly.

Joyce looks at a smiling Willow. Catching her eye she silently asks about the apartment hunting. Willow shakes her head as she looks unhappy. "Oh-and the other present, don't forget." Joyce says.

"Right." She climbs from Tara's arms and drags her to the oven and points at the glass. "Cookies, but you got back too soon. They're not done yet."

Tara grins a little, "Want me to leave?"

Ella shakes her head, "No, Mama, but we'll have to wait."

Joyce adds, "You should just stay for lunch."

"We-we couldn't-" Tara starts.

"But the cookies, Mama." Ella says.

Willow smiles slipping an arm around her blonde, "You can't ask her to leave without cookies." She grins when Tara's eyes meet hers.

"Okay. We'll stay, but then, back to the dorm for a nap."

"Yes!" Ella says excited.

Ella doesn't make it to the dorm for a nap. She barely finishes her cookie before she crawls on her mama's lap and falls asleep. Tara kisses her forehead. "Tired little girl."

Willow lets her hand brush through Ella's hair. "Busy day with all the drawing and cookie baking. Oh, and let's not forget the making breakfast." She winks at her blonde. Without thinking, she leans in and kisses her. Both blush as they remember Joyce is sitting at the table as well. "Sorry," Willow says.

"It's okay Willow." Joyce smiles. "Why don't you put her on the couch. I want to talk with Tara."

Willow looks at Tara, who nods. She stands and takes Ella carefully from her and snuggles her close before leaving the room with her. "We'll be all snuggled on the couch when you get finished." Tara nods and smiles at her.

Joyce watches the blonde watch the redhead leave with her child. "She's a precious little girl."

"T-thank you-for-for everything." Tara says softly.

"I was thinking that maybe the two of you could stay here?" Joyce asks, without preamble.

"Stay?" Tara is unsure.

"I know you were looking for an apartment, but I could use the company. It gets a little lonely with Buffy away at school."

"Mrs. Summers I couldn't-"

Joyce interrupts, "You could help out around the house, and I could help with Ella when I'm not working-" She stops, afraid she is pushing too hard. "At least think about it."

Tara doesn't know what to say." Okay. I'll think about it."

"Good! Now, I'm going to get ready for work. The three of you make yourselves at home."

"I can take her back to the dorm."

"Nonsense, you'll wake her up. Stay until she's had her nap-or maybe even dinner." She stands. "I get home around seven, usually before dark. Buffy insists."

Tara smiles, "Thank you, again."

"There's no need dear. And think about the offer? You can stay as long as you need to."

Joyce doesn't wait for a response before she slips up the stairs.

Tara looks up after her, then towards the living room where Willow and Ella are. She thinks about Joyce's words and smiles just a little. She stands and walks into the living room. Willow looks up at her and holds out a hand. Tara sits next to her snuggling against her side. "Everything okay?"

Tara nods, "She ah- s-she said w-we could stay- As long as we needed."

Willow smiles and hugs her, pressing her lips to her temple. "And you said?"

"That I'd think about it."

"So, whatcha thinking?" Willow asks as their eyes meet.

"I d-don't know-it's- I just met her and she's being so- I'm not use to people being s-so nice."

Willow kisses her lips, "Better get use to it."

"So what do you think?" Tara asks softly as she lays her head on the redhead's shoulder.

"I think it would be good, 'cause you could help each other out. I know she misses Buffy not being here."

"She said that." Tara confirms.

"So I think you should give it a try, at least for the rest of the semester. Then, go from there."

"Yeah, that actually sounds like a good idea." She lets her lips touch Willow's neck. As she moves toward her ear, she whispers. "You have lots of good ideas."

"Got another one, wanna hear it?" Willow grins, then blushes a little.

"Mmm-" she kisses Willow's lips. "Thinking we might have the same idea."

They pull apart as they hear Joyce coming down the stairs. She is hooking her watch as she looks in on them. "If you leave, be sure to lock the door."

Tara looks up at her, "Ah- if you're sure, I ah- we'll stay."

Joyce smiles, "Good! See you at sevenish."

"I'll have dinner ready." Tara smiles.

"Heavenly," Joyce winks and goes out the door. Tara leans in to Willow for another kiss but they pop apart as the door opens again. "I almost forgot," Joyce announces. "There's an extra key in the drawer by the phone." She leaves again.

Willow leans in to start another kiss but Tara stops her, "Wait just-" The door stays closed. "Okay." Their lips meet and slowly begin to move together.

Ella opens her eyes and smiles, "More kissing?" She grins.

They break apart surprised. "I thought you were sleeping?" Tara asks with a smile and a raised eyebrow.

"I woke up." She smiles, touching her mama's faces as she reaches up.

"I see that." Tara takes her hand in hers and kisses her palm. "That was a very short nap."

"I was just a little tired." Ella says.

Willow laughs just a bit before looking at Tara. "Hmmm, now what can we do if naptime is all over?"

Ella smiles, "We could play in the park."

Willow looks at the girl, then her mother. "What do you think Mama?"

Tara considers the question. Ella crawls onto her lap and kisses her, "Please Mama?" She tries.

Tara smiles at the redhead and then the little blonde in her lap. She kisses her forehead. "Fever's gone."

"I feel all better, Mama."

"Maybe we could go for just a few minutes."

"Three slides and three swings?" Ella asks.

"How about three slides and two swings, and then we can go to the dorm and pack some things?"

Ella looks unsure and they hear a rumble of thunder. "Do I have to go back to Grandpa's?"

"No, no baby girl." She hugs her tight. "You're gonna stay with Mama forever."

Ella smiles and the rumbling stops. "Then why are we packing?"

Tara looks at Willow, who is smiling. "Remember we were gonna find a new place to live?" Ella nods. "How would you like to stay here?"

Ella smiles, "I'd like to stay. Can Willow stay too?"

Willow looks unsure, from the girl to her mother. Both the adults blush. "Ah- well I'll visit a lot, like when you were at the dorm."

Ella looks unsure, "But I like when you stay with us." She crawls from the blonde's lap to the redhead's. She kisses Willow like she kissed her mama. "Please?" She tries again.

Willow looks at Tara, unsure of what to say. A part of her wants that as badly as Ella does, but a part knows that they aren't quite to that point yet. Tara looks at them both. "Maybe we can have a sleepover soon, but we'll have to ask Joyce."

"She'll say yes. She likes you Willow." Ella smiles. "Can we go swing now?"

"Now would be good," smiles Tara. She stands and takes the girl from Willow.

The redhead stands too and Ella reaches for her. Willow smiles and takes the child, who hugs her tight, then reaches back for her mama. Tara smiles and as she does she feels Willow's hand take hers. "To the park." The redhead states with a smile.

As they reach the door, it is Tara who stops. "The key."

"I'll get it. Be right back." She kisses Tara's lips.

The blonde watches Willow disappear around the corner. She can't help but smile.

Ella looks at her mama. "Mama?"

"What sweetie." She turns her attention back to her daughter.

"I can have another nap if you want to kiss some more."

Tara blushes at her words, then begins to tickle her. The child is laughing as Willow comes back in. "Hey, is the tickle monster on the loose again?"

"Help!" Laughs Ella and at once, the redhead begins to tickle her too. "No!" She tries to wiggle away from the fingers.

"No? But you said-" Willow plays. "Oh, you wanted me to help you?" The giggling child nods. "Okay, sorry." She begins to tickle Tara.

"Park!" Squeals the blonde, hoping that will stop them.

"The swings," says Ella and the tickling stops.

"Swings," repeats Tara as she puts the little girl down. Ella reaches for her hand and Willow's. Both smile and take the hand offered them. All smile as they leave for the park together.

And that's the chapter. Let me know what you think.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:49 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky I love how Willow respects Tara enough not to offer to pay for her a place she knows it is to soon and the Tara has her pride. Joyce needs them also and Tara helping out makes her feel like she belongs there. Slowly that are building a family :luv

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:25 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Another ultra adorable update. I really like the fact that Willow seems to now recognize that maybe they were moving a little fast. I thought for sure when Ella suggested she'd like to have Willow move into Joyce's house with them that both Willow and Tara would jump right into that... but I was pleasantly surprised when she sort of took a step back and said that they could have sleepovers but that it probably wasn't the best idea to rush into moving in with Tara and the baby.

I think it's really sweet how they are stating a little family together... and Ella with her fancy new witchy powers might prove to add a little drama to the mix. I can't wait to see how Tara and Willow handle her growing powers....

I'd also like to say that I really am enjoying this story... and if it seems that I'm being a party pooper sometimes, pointing out the little things that could be done differently or gone into in more depth, it's only because you remind me of myself when I was a fledgling writer and I think you have potential to really develop your writing skills (none of us are perfect... we all need developing... :) )

I can't wait for the next chapter! Rock on! :peace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:23 pm 
3. Flaming O

Another great update! they are all so cute together! I love how Joyce asked Tara to move in! they're all such a great family! Keep it up! i can't wait for the next update

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:04 am 
2. Floating Rose

I really like this story, I remember reading it ages ago I think from ExtraFlamey. I just caught up on it tonight and liked the last update how Tara decides to move in with Joyce.
I like how you created the character of Ella, very cute.
I particularly like this part, thought it was fun -

Quote:
Ella looks at her mama. "Mama?"

"What sweetie." She turns her attention back to her daughter.

"I can have another nap if you want to kiss some more."

Look forward to more,
Cheers
Fin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:57 pm 
Wow great update !

Like the other i think it's good to them to take their time even if we want them be together and all.

And willow having more money than they can dreaming ? HOW ?

Ella is really cute, how people can't love her ?!?

This story is really sweet can't wait to another update !!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:02 am 
3. Flaming O

Chapter 8

Home

Tara opens the door to the Summers' house with her one free hand. Ella walks in before her with a little backpack over her shoulders, a book in one hand and a stuffed bear in the other. Willow follows carrying two boxes. You can barely see her eyes. Tara smiles at her, "Put them down there." Willow does and groans. "Sweetie you didn't have to carrying them both at the same time."

"But it's quicker." She smiles as she kisses her cheek.

Ella looks at her mama, "Can I put these in our room?" She holds the book and bear towards her.

"Sure, just careful on the stairs."

Ella goes that way and both adults watch her as she moves the book and bear to the same hand so she can hold the rail. They smile, relaxing a little.

Tara turns back to see her redhead bend to pick up both boxes. "Don't you even think about it. One at a time." She mock glares and Willow smiles.

"Fine one at a time, but it's almost 6-we need to get dinner started."

Tara looks toward the clock, "How'd it get so late?" She looks back at her witch.

"Might have been the naptime." She smiles.

"Good nap." The blonde smiles as she thinks about the smoochies they shared in her dorm room while the little girl slept.

"Very good nap," Willow blushes but grins. "I really like naps." They share a soft kiss as Tara's arms slip around her. "Why don't I get the rest of the things from the car and you start dinner?"

"On one condition."

"What's that?" Asks the redhead.

"You stay and eat with us." Tara's eyes meet hers.

She smiles, "I could be talked into it."

Ella wraps her arms around woman's legs, "Please Willow?"

They both look down at the child they didn't hear come back downstairs.

"How could I say no to you." Willow picks her up and hugs her tight.

Tara smiles, "Wanna help Mama fix dinner?" Ella nods and climbs into her arms.

Joyce comes in the front door and is surprised to find the living room empty. She smiles when she hears voices coming from the kitchen and walks toward them. Her smile broadens at the sight she sees and she watches them from the doorway.

Tara and Willow are standing at the counter with Ella on a stool between them. Each has a hand resting on the child's back-interlocked together as they watch her pour a bowl of diced carrots and radishes into the salad they have already made. "Just like that," says Tara with a smile.

Willow smiles as well as she hands her another bowl and she does the same with the tomatoes and then the cheese. "That's good."

"Now what?" Asks Ella. The timer sounds on the oven. "Can I get the bread out?"

Tara shakes her head, "We better let Mama do that."

Willow adds, "But you could get the butter out of the fridge."

They watch as the child climbs carefully down. Willow follows her and helps open the door. The child looks at the bowls and jars, then back at the redhead. "There's lots in here."

"Look at the pictures." She smiles as she lets her fingers play in Ella's hair.

Ella bites on her lip as she looks at the things on the lower shelves and then smiles. "I found it." She reaches for it.

"You sure did baby girl." Willow smiles proudly.

As Ella gets it out the redhead points at the first word. "See right here?" The child nods. "That's the letter 'B' and 'B' says?"

"Bu-like butter?" Ella asks.

Tara who has taken the bread from the oven smiles as she watches the witch with her child. Her eyes travel to see Joyce in the doorway as well. Both smile.

"You, missy, are a very smart girl." She grins at the child who blushes and tries to hide behind her hair like Tara does sometimes. "Ack-no hiding." Willow begins to playfully tickle her. Ella giggles and with that Joyce walks in.

"What's that I smell?" Asks the woman.

"Dinner." Ella announces. "And I helped."

"I saw," Joyce smiles as the adults watch the child carry the butter to the table and then set it in a chair, climb up on the chair and then put it on the table.

Tara carries over the bread she took from the oven and Willow gets the salad. "I hope spaghetti is okay?" Her eyes meet Joyce's.

"One of my favorites."

Later, Tara is helping Ella change into her pajamas after a nice hot bath. "Mama, where's Willow?"

Tara smiles, "She's helping Joyce with the dishes."

"I could've helped."

"I know you could have." She presses a kiss to her forehead as she pulls the shirt down over her head. "But it's time for bed." She pats her on the bottom. "Now crawl in and I'll cover you up."

"And read me a story?" She asks with a smile as she crawls in the big bed. Her bed is still at the dorm.

"Hmm-I think Willow wanted to, if it's okay?"

Ella smiles and nods as she snuggles under the cover. "It's okay Mama."

"I'll tell her you're all ready to read." She kisses the child again and turns to go from the room.

Tara walks in the kitchen to find it empty. She goes into the living room and smiles when she sees Willow sitting on the couch. She sits next to her. "Ella's ready for her bedtime story."

Willow smiles and hands Tara the remote. "Maybe you can find the Discovery Channel, 'cause we can't."

Tara smiles, "I'll see what I can do." She watches Willow leave and then turns her attention to the television. "What's she looking for?"

Joyce smiles, "A special on Ancient Celtic cultures and rituals."

Tara grins, "She's such a book girl."

Joyce smiles, "Hmm I haven't seen her with one for the last few days. Seems she has other things on her mind."

Tara blushes a little, "She still studies, I make sure."

"That's good." She turns her attention to the screen. "There-that's it."

Tara puts the remote down and curls her legs and feet onto the couch.

Upstairs, Willow is lying on the bed with Ella. The little blonde is curled in the redhead's arms as she reads to her. At the end of the chapter, Willow starts to close the book. "Don't stop."

Willow smiles, "We'll read more tomorrow night, I promise."

"But I'm not tired," she says as she twirls her finger in Willow's hair. A small yawn escapes.

Willow smiles and kisses her on the top of the head. "I think you might be a little tired."

"But not too tired to hear a little more. The princess sounds really nice."

"She is."

"The mean ole dragon doesn't get her does he?" Ella asks a little worried.

"Why would you think that?" Willow asks with her brow raised.

"Cause sometimes they do." Ella says softly.

"That's true. Sometimes, but then someone saves them."

"And they live happily ever after?"

Willow smiles brightly. "Definitely happily ever after."

"How long is ever after?" Ella looks into Willow's green eyes, her hand moving from the redhead's hair to her face.

"A very long time-" Willow assures her as she takes the small hand in hers and kisses it.

"Is it like always?"

Willow nods, "Exactly." She hugs her. "Now time to sleep." She stands and covers the child snuggly under the blankets.

"Willow, will you be here when I wake up?"

"No, I have to go home, but I'll be here after class tomorrow."

"But what if I have a bad dream?" Ella seems worried.

"Mama will be here and if you need to, you can call me."

"And you'll come back?"

Willow sits on the corner of the bed. "I'll come right back. I promise." Ella reaches up and hugs her again. "Now snuggle back under the covers." The child does as she is told. The redhead stands again and goes out the door, leaving it open just a little as she turns out the light. "Night 'L' sleep tight."

"Night," comes a soft voice in the dark.

Later Tara and Willow stand at the door. They lean into a soft kiss. "See you tomorrow," the blonde says softly.

"Yeah, soon as I get out of class. I thought maybe we could go to the park, have lunch, the three of us." Tara nods at her girl's words. "Then maybe Buffy and Xander can help us move the rest of your things."

Tara kisses her again. "Good plan." She strokes her face. "Be careful going back to the dorm."

"I will. Besides, there's lots of sunlight left." They share another soft kiss, then one that isn't as soft. Willow's tongue slips into Tara's mouth and both moan a little as they pull away. "Night."

"Night." Tara looks a little sad as the witch opens the door and steps onto the porch. She steps out with her and hugs her close. "I love you," she whispers in her ear.

Willow smiles at the warm breath on her ear and shivers slightly, "I love you." She lets go and walks off the porch. She waves and Tara waves back as she goes down the steps and onto the walk. Tara slowly closes the door and turns back to look into the living room.

Joyce smiles up at her when she comes back in and sits down. "What time is your first class tomorrow?"

"Not till four, but we're meeting Willow for lunch at one. Then Ella will stay with her till my classes end at seven-thirty."

"If Willow needs to study, I can pick Ella up after work."

Tara shakes her head, "Thanks, but they both like my late night. Lots of time for reading." She smiles.

Joyce smiles at her words.

Willow lies on her bed staring up at the ceiling in the dark. The blonde Slayer sleeps soundly, her soft snore filling the otherwise quiet room. Willow rolls her eyes. "Everyone's asleep but me." She pouts a little. "I miss my Tara."

At the Summers' house Tara lies awake as well. She looks down at the child beside her and smiles a warm smile as she wraps an arm around her. She lets her eyes close and instantly the redhead fills her thoughts. She can't help but smile. "I wish you were here," she says softly.

To her surprise, she hears soft words, "I miss Willow too," Ella's sleepy voice says.

"We'll see her tomorrow. Now sleep sweetie."

"I am asleep." Ella giggles.

Tara smiles as she tickles the not-sleeping child. "Ella Maclay-you're not asleep."

"No, but I was." She laughs around the words.

Tara shushes her as she remembers Joyce is in bed too. "Night baby girl."

"Night Mama-I love you."

"I love you." She hugs her close.

Days pass, Tara and Ella are all moved into the Summers' house. It's now Saturday and the little girl is curled on the couch with Willow watching cartoons. Tara left a little while ago for her study group. Joyce is at work, leaving the pair alone for the morning. As the cartoon ends, Willow stretches and Ella does the same causing the redhead to smile. "So what do you want to do now?" Asks the woman.

"Can we go to the park?" Asks Ella as she lays on top of the woman's stomach to look her in the eye.

"I thought we were going to the park when Mama got home?"

"We can go to the park two times-I like the park." Ella says with her eyes sparkling.

"I know you do, but two times might be too many. How about the library - or the bookstore?" Willow tries.

Ella thinks about her words, "I like those places too."

"I know," the redhead smiles. "So where do you want to go?"

"The bookstore and the park?" Ella raises her eyebrow and grins her lopsided grin.

"We'll see." She shakes her head and smiles at the little girl who has wrapped her around her finger already, just like her mama. Ella rests her head on Willow's shoulder. "Whatcha doing?"

Ella lets her eyes move back to the television, "Let's watch another cartoon first. I like my Willow pillow," she giggles.

Willow lets her arms encircle the child as she smiles.

Later, Willow and Ella meet Tara in the park. Ella carries two books and the redhead carries a basket with their lunch inside. Both smile when they see the blonde sitting on a bench waiting for them. Ella runs to her and climbs up beside her. "Hi Mama-we went to the library and I got books."

"I see, whatcha got?"

She crawls onto her lap opening up the first one. "It's about ice cream." She smiles as does the blonde as she talks about the story.

Willow joins them and quietly kisses Tara, then listens to the child.

After she finishes telling the story, she looks at her mama, "I almost forgot-we have lunch."

Tara kisses the child on the nose and her daughter giggles, "What did the two of you fix?"

Willow frowns a little, "Well, we kinda lost track of time in the library." Tara grins. "So we had to stop at the deli. But we got your favorite."

"Is that okay Mama?" Asks Ella, a little worry in her words.

"As long as I have the two of you, that's all that matters."

With a relieved smile, the redhead gets the sandwiches out of the basket. "Oh, and look, healthy apples. No fries." She says as she pulls those out as well.

"Will, sweetie, it's okay." Tara leans in and kisses her softly. "I know how the two of you are when it comes to books."

"I'll make it up to you I promise." Willow declares.

Time passes quickly, and once again it is Saturday. Study group over, Tara tucks Ella into bed for an afternoon nap. She goes back down the stairs to Willow, who is lying on the couch watching the Discovery Channel. The blonde smiles and sits beside her. "Discovery Channel?"

"It's about primitive man-" the woman's eyes light up with interest.

Tara grins, "I would have thought you got enough of that when Buffy went all B.C.?"

Willow wrinkles her noses, "Not much else on."

Tara grins her lopsided grin, "We don't have to watch television."

"Want to study?" Willow asks, pretending not to know what her girl has in mind.

Tara nods, "Yeah, got studying in mind. Definitely." She lets her fingers brush along the redhead's cheek, then her lips follow as she lies next to her on the couch. "Think it's time to do a little discovering of our own."

"Yeah?" Willow swallows nervous. The sound of desire thick in her blonde's words.

Tara nods and their lips meet in a soft kiss. Lips barely brush against lips before the caresses become more. As Tara runs her hand along Willow's side she hears a soft moan and she smiles.

The kissing heats up slowly. Soon lips move against lips, then tongues slip out to tease. Tara silently asks for and gets permission to explore the redhead's mouth. She moves long the roof of her girl's mouth before caressing the top and underside of the muscle. Willow moans a little more as the want and need build.

Tara's hands roam Willow's body as her tongue coaxes her girl's out to play in her mouth only to capture it and suck on it passionately. Finally needing air, she lets it go. Both pant, chests heaving as they struggle for oxygen.

The blonde's heaving chest is not missed by the redhead as she watches it rise and fall. Tara smiles as she sees where her girl's eyes have affixed themselves. Her eyes close and a moans escapes her lips as Willow's lips find her neck and her hand cups her breast. "Goddess," she breathes out as the sensations roar through her body.

The redhead licks and kisses up her neck to her ear. She teases the sensitive flesh there with her tongue before pulling the lobe between her lips and sucking gently. She lets go finally, smiling at the noises coming from her girl. She moves to her pulse point, licking, kissing and nipping there as her hands move back down Tara's body and under her shirt to tease against the bare skin of her back. "You feel so good," she breathes out against wet skin causing Tara to shiver. Her body arching into her girl, their chests pressing together. They both moan. Panting for air, Willow pulls her lips away to watch the blonde's face. "Tara?" Tara opens her eyes, they meet Willow's. "Can I-is it okay if I-it's in the way." She pulls at the shirt just a little. "It really needs to be gone-but if you don't want-it's-it's okay cause I don't want-with the rush-" the redhead's babble is stopped by a soft kiss.

When her eyes open again she sees Tara sitting up beside her with her hands above her hand and a soft lop-sided grin. "Okay."

"You're sure cause-cause we don't have-" Willow starts but stops as Tara's smile grows.

"Sometimes I think you do that just so I'll kiss you." She lets her arms back down and touches Will's face. She presses a soft kiss to her lips before taking the redhead's hands in hers. She puts them on the bottom of her shirt and again the blonde smiles just a little as she bites her bottom lip. "I want you too," she whispers out. She helps Willow take it off-pulling it over her head. Both are nervous-their hands shaking. Willow is speechless-silent, as her mouth opens and closes as her eyes stare intently. "Amazing." Tara kids. "No babble." She caresses the redhead's face, slowly bringing her chin up so that their eyes meet. She begins to worry. "Sweetie, you okay?"

The redhead nods, and finally gets out a single word. "Beautiful." She reaches a shaking hand out to touch her blonde's shoulder. Tara can't stop the slight gasp as fingers touch her bare skin. "So beautiful," the witch restates as she lets her fingers trace along skin.

Tara blushes, the red hue moves from her face-slowly down her body. Willow smiles as her hand follows the light coloring. "What are you doing?" Tara asks unsure, her body starting to catch fire.

"Want to see where it ends," grins the redhead.

Tara shakes her head and captures the hand. They share a few soft kisses. Finally the blonde gets her nerve up and lets her hands play at the bottom of the redhead's shirt. Willow doesn't hesitate, she nods her approval. They remove it together as well. Tara's fingers trace a mirrored path with her girl's.

Soon they are again lying on the couch The blonde is against the arm rest and the redhead is lying partially on her girl, hands are teasing skin.

Willow breaks a searing kiss to let her lips travel down Tara's neck. She kisses across, then down the middle of the blonde's body. Soft moans fill the air as she moves lower, closer to the bra covered breasts. As she kisses the top of her chest her hand finds its way to its destination and begins to knead gently.

A little later, the make out session continues. Tara sits up slowly, the move putting Willow on her lap, the redhead wrapping her legs around her blonde's waist. Their eyes meet, causing her to hesitate, but she finally gets her courage back. She reaches around the smaller woman and lets her fingers play around the hooks of the bra. She traces long the soft skin there giving Willow time to stop her if she wants. When she realizes stopping isn't on either mind, she unhooks the article and begins to slide the straps from her girl's shoulders.

Willow sighs barely audible, the anticipation causing her to bite her bottom lip and to move slightly on Tara's lap. Both moan at the friction it causes. She leans her head onto the blonde's shoulder, her lips brushes again her neck briefly before she stops.

"Sweetie?" She feels lips against her neck again. Her blue eyes close as she tries to calm herself. She lets her hands remove the bra. She strokes up and down her girl's back-Tara's covered breasts brushing against Willow's uncovered ones as she pulls her closer.

Both moan at the contact. Willow's breathing faster as she feels the hands tease at her sides as the caresses move from her back. "Goddess-" she cries a little louder as she feels Tara's fingers brush against the undersides of her breasts. "Don't stop." She pants out.

Tara smiles her lopsided grin as she lets her lips move to Willow's ear, "You feel amazing." She breathes out-her voice deeper.

"Tara-" Willow calls out as her girl's fingers continue to move in circles against her coming closer and closer to her hardened peaks. She groans as she feels Tara's palms press against them.

The blonde's lips catch the moan before it fully escapes. The lips moving together, tongues exploring as Tara's hands massage in a matching rhythm. She gently lowers Willow to the couch. Leaning over her she breaks the kiss. They pant-both out of breath as their eyes meet again. Willow's arms pull her girl down on top of her. They kiss again. Tara pulls back, "You're okay?" She asks as she lets her fingers trace alone her girl's cheeks. Willow bites her lip but nods. Her eyes trail down the freckled body as her hands do the same. Willow's green eyes disappear as they close against the feelings surging through her. "I love you." Tara whispers as she lets her lips follow her hands. She kisses and nips down her body.

Just as her tongue snakes out to teases around the nipple she hears the rattle of the door. Blue and green eyes meet, open wide in near panic. "Joyce." Willow squeaks out.

Tara sits up and grabs for her shirt. Willow does the same-both slip them on and try to compose themselves as they hear the woman. "I'm home." She walks into the room.

"Ah-hi-we were-ah-" Tara starts to explain.

"Television-discovery channel." Willow finishes.

Joyce smiles as she takes in their noticeably disheveled condition, flushed faces, twisted shirts and still rushed breathing. "I'm just gonna take a quick shower. I won't be long." As she turns to leave she notices a bra on the floor and grins.

Two sets of eyes follow hers and Joyce hears a soft whine as she goes out the door and towards the stairs. "She knows." Tara pouts, her head falling onto Willow's shoulder. Both blush at the knowledge.

Donnie is at the general store loading farm supplies into a beat up old truck. As he starts toward the door he sees a man standing in front of him. He tries to move around him but the man moves as well. Their eyes meet. "You looking for trouble?"

The man smiles, "I have a message."

"You got the wrong man."

"I think not. I am good at my job."

"Delivering messages?"

"Exactly," he grabs him by the throat and lifts him from the ground slowly, with no effort. "You were to deliver a package to my employer."

Donnie tries to answer but the lack of air makes it difficult. He claws at the man's hands. "The package has yet to arrive." The man continues. "You have ten days before the ceremony is to take place." He lowers him to the ground and onto shaky legs. "If you fail. I will return."

Donnie rubs his neck. "I don't have it-"

"Then my advice to you would be to get it." In an instant the man is gone-vanishing without a trace.

Donnie storms into the farmhouse and up to his father. "Call her. Call her now and get the kid back."

The man stares at his son. "This will not be discussed again." He turns to walk away.

"I made a deal." The younger man states.

"I don't see how that is my problem." He walks away.

Beth walks into the room. "He's not gonna change his mind."

"Then I'll just have to do it myself."

"Tara's not afraid of you, you hold no power over her."

"Maybe not, but I'm a dead man if I don't get that kid."

"You had already made arrangements with Derose?" Donnie nods. "His dark magicks are strong."

"Magic-" he snarls.

"Magic is real."

"That's just the demon in you talking, girl, that's all. But I might just need some help from you."

She thinks about Tara, and the redhead, the angry words that were exchanged. "Whatever you need."

He smiles at her words and nods. "I'll be back in a few days. Be ready."

"What about your father?"

"Make sure he doesn't know I'm gone."

The next day Willow and Buffy have joined Joyce, Tara and Ella for Sunday dinner at the Summers' house. Everyone but Buffy has finished. She groans and leans back in her chair, her hand on her stomach. "I'm stuffed."

Ella giggles, "Stuffy Buffy."

Buffy protests, all indignant. "Hey! I'm not all Giles-like!"

The others are laughing. Ella blushes. "Stuffy Buffy," she repeats mischievously.

"Be nice to Buffy," Tara finally manages to stop her laughter. Soon Willow does too.

Buffy glares playfully at the adults in the room. "It's not funny! I'm not all Tweedy and-and-" she stops as she sees her mom snicker.

"Sorry," Willow squeaks out.

"What's a giles?" Ella asks.

"Giles is a who-Mister Giles, he's a friend of Buffy's."

Ella seems confused. "Oh-" she says softly.

Buffy looks around as she hears the giggles start again. Ella grins, then giggles. Buffy leaps at the girl and begins to tickle her. "Mama!" She squeals as she laughs louder.

However it is Buffy's mom who saves her. "Anyone want dessert?"

Buffy's fingers stop and she and Ella both nod. Willow and Tara grin at the pair. The redhead mock whispers to her girl. "You really think leaving the two of them together is a good thing?"

Tara grins as she sees Buffy scowl teasingly. "Joyce will be here."

Buffy looks at the redhead, "You don't have to go. I mean you weren't planning anything big, right?"

Willow and Tara both blush. Joyce looks at her daughter and then the child. "Choose your words carefully."

But Ella surprises them again. "They're just gonna go kiss. Right Mama?"

Buffy laughs at the looks on the faces of Tara and Willow. Both blush and Tara tries to correct the child. "We're gonna study for our test."

"And kiss." Ella adds.

Willow finally is able to grin, "And kiss."

When Buffy can compose herself she quips. "It's bad when even the three year old knows your code word."

Willow smacks at her friend playfully. Joyce comes back to the table with dessert. "Who wants chocolate?" Order is restored as all eyes turn to her.

She smiles at the chorus of, "Me!" she gets from the group.

Willow and Tara walk in to Stephenson Hall hand-in-hand. As the door closes Donnie smiles from behind the shrubs at the corner of the building. "Found you little sister. Now, I just wait." He leans against the building with a smile on his face.

Just a little angst to keep you honest. I hope you liked the update. Thanks to Wolfkin for the beta work. An extra special thank you to those who are reading and those who take the time to review. More soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:28 am 
3. Flaming O

Oh no Donnie found them. Great update! i can't wait for more!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:23 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky well here come's the angst I don,t need to tell you how sweet thay are together and now I am so starting to hold my breath to see where it leads :kgeek

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:04 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

sweet update. Things really seem to be heating up for the girls. That makeout session on the couch was well done. But now you've left me worried... Donny is going to try and take Ella...? oh no... :paranoid

I'm enjoying this story. Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:49 am 
3. Flaming O

Thanks again for the reviews. The encouragement is so helpful. Here's the next chapter, hope you like it.

Chapter 9

Love and Hate

Finally, after a very heated make out session with lots more daring than before, Willow and Tara leave Stephenson Hall.

Donnie, who is still watching, smiles as he sees them leave. He follows a safe distance behind them.

Willow smiles a little as she lets an arm slip around Tara's waist. Tara smiles too, her body tingling again with just that small touch. The redhead feels her girl's slight shiver. She stops and turns to look into her eyes. "We didn't have to stop."

Tara's grin is a little mischievous. "It was either stop or well-" she lets her words die as a blush creeps across her skin. "And we're not ready for the or-not yet."

"What if I said I was?" Their eyes meet green on blue, both sets darken with desire at the woman's words. “Ready, I mean.”

"Then-ah-I'd-I'd say we needed to talk."

Willow steps closer, "Really tired of talking," she grins and then chews on her bottom lip. "I want-" she stops as she sees Tara fighting herself. "But if you're not ready-it's-it's okay. We'll wait-and talk."

The blonde shakes her head. "No, that's not it-"

"So you're-"

"More than-" she again blushes as she touches Willow's face. "I just didn't want to rush you."

"So we-we're both ready?" She asks her girl as she leans into her hand.

"Think that's what we've discovered." Tara smirks at her choice of words.

"So now we?" again her words stop, the redhead is suddenly nervous.

"We- If you're sure." Tara sees the worry in her girl. "It's okay to change your mind."

"No-I mean-just-" she blushes as she licks her lips and leans in to kiss her softly. "Haven't changed my mind - just I've never - with a girl so I'm not-" she shakes her head. "Have you?"

Tara smiles, understanding her girl's worry. She nods confirming her experience in the area. "Freshman year, so it's been a while." She hugs Willow and whispers in her ear. "But, I’m pretty sure it's like riding a bicycle - it'll come back to me."

Willow can't stop the grin as it crosses her face. "So wanna go back to your dorm-"

Tara shakes her head. "No. It's getting late, almost dark and well-I think we should-"

‘Talk.” Willow nods her understanding. "A little more talking?"

Tara nods, "A little- Tonight, after we tuck Ella in?"

The redhead smiles at the child's name. "Deal, but can there be snuggles too?"

"Definitely." They begin to walk again, the man follows a safe distance behind.

As the couple go inside the Summers' house, Donnie stands outside it. He looks at the women inside and smiles. "Good, this should be easy. Just follow them for a few days and get a pattern, then-" his smile turns menacing. "Then she's mine to do with as I want. No one can tell me what to do." He watches through the window again.

Inside, Buffy frowns and looks toward the window. Joyce's eyes follow hers. "Something wrong?"

Buffy shakes her head. "No, just over active Slayer senses. Think it's maybe a cue to patrol."

"But it's not dark-" Joyce starts.

"Close enough. I'll get my things together." She stands and starts out of the room.

Willow speaks, "Want us to go with you?"

Buffy smiles at the redhead, who is curled up on the couch with her blondes. Ella is lying on her "pillow". "Nah, you look all comfy. Besides, I'm just gonna do a quick sweep."

"Then meet Riley?" Tara teases.

Buffy rolls her eyes, "I might bump into him while I'm out."

Joyce smiles at her daughter. "Be careful."

"I will." Buffy goes to the window and looks out. Donnie ducks out of sight just in time. Mumbling under his breath.

Willow looks unsure, "Buff?"

"It's cool, just felt like someone was watching, But... No one there." She goes toward the stairs.

Willow wraps her arms around Ella and then lets her fingers tangle with Tara's, the need to protect them suddenly strong.

A few minutes later Buffy comes back down the stairs. She still can't shake the feeling that something isn't right. She goes into the living room and looks at her family. Joyce looks up, "Sure you don't want more cake before you go?"

"Nah, I'll eat another piece when I get back." She smiles at her mom.

Tara looks unsure, "Thought you had plans with Riley?"

"Decided I'd rather have cake." She grins and Ella giggles.

Willow looks at her friend, "Sure you don't want me to come with?"

"No. In fact, why don't you stay over. We haven't done the all night thing in a while."

Ella smiles, "Please stay Willow?"

The redhead looks from Buffy to Ella, then to her girl and finally Joyce trying to judge the response of all.

"Come on, it'll be fun. We'll watch movies and eat way too much junk food. Then crash in a big heap in sleeping bags in the middle of the floor." She sees Willow's eyes look from Tara to Joyce again. "Right mom?"

"Sounds fun." Joyce says sensing too that something is not right.

Finally with a smile the redhead agrees. "I'll stay."

Ella cheers and hugs her tightly. Tara smiles, "That doesn't mean you stay up all night."

Ella kisses her, "But a little longer right?"

"A little longer." Tara agrees.

"Two chapters-" she grins as her eyes meet Willow's.

"If it's okay with your mama."

"Let's get a bath and in your jammies, and then two chapters."

She kisses her mama, then Willow as she climbs from her "pillow." She grabs Tara's hand and Willow's, trying to pull them up.

Joyce smiles. "I'll check the food stock."

Buffy looks at her mom, "We can order pizza if you don't think there's enough."

"Ordering in is good." Joyce says.

"In... Definitely good." She raises an eye hoping the adults understand to stay inside until she returns. "I won't be long." She goes out the door.

Ella lets go of the now standing Willow and Tara, and moves to hug Joyce. "You need your jammies too."

Tara smiles and scoops up her child. She tickles her playfully but she crawls into Willow's arms away from the mean fingers as she giggles. The three go towards the steps. Joyce smiles but as soon as they are out of sight she looks toward the window, then stands, walking that way.

Later, after dark, Willow is reading to Ella who is tucked between her and Tara in Tara's bed. The child's eyes flutter as the redhead finishes the chapter. The blonde smiles as Ella's eyes close. She smiles across at her girlfriend, then leans in for a soft kiss. That one ends and another begins. Ella's eyes open. "You're kissing."
The woman separate with a slight blush. "We were," says Tara with a smile.

Ella hugs an arm around both their necks. "Is it time to eat junk food and watch movies?"

Willow smiles, "Not till Buffy gets back."

"You should probably take a nap till then so you won't be too sleepy."

"You'll wake me up for the sleepover part?" She looks from one to the other.

Willow looks at Tara unsure, when she sees the blonde's smile she grins too. "Definitely."

"But just for a while, little girls need their sleep." Ella hugs her mama with both arms, letting Willow go for just a moment before she hugs her the same way. She then puts an arm around each like before. "Come on baby girl, Mama will tuck you in."

Ella follows her out of bed, but turns to Willow. "Come on Milow, you have to tuck me in too."

Willow looks unsure about the name, she smiles though and the three of them move to the other side of the room.
Ella crawls in her bed and Tara pulls the covers up and around her. The redhead fluffs her pillow and both kiss her goodnight. "Sleep tight L."

"Night baby girl." She kisses her daughter again. "Mama loves you."

"Love you too Mama."

Willow smiles at the tender exchange. Then she hears the words, "Love you too Milow."

Willow smiles, "Love you L." She touches her cheek. She slips an arm around Tara's waist as they watch the little girl close her eyes.

Willow leans in and kisses Tara on the forehead. She whispers in her ear. "I love you and I can't explain how this makes me feel." She looks from the blonde to the child and back. "It's just..." Tara nods her understanding and presses a kiss to her lips.

Buffy walks around the house after patrol. She sees footprints in the grassy-dirt area near the window and frowns. She looks around one more time-trying to see if she is still getting the uneasiness from before but it is gone. She walks toward the house, then decides to check the back before going in. She walks onto the porch and notices dirty footprints there by the window as well. She frowns and looks out into the night. "Mess with my family and you're gonna be seriously dead. Or, well, deader." She warns vampires or demons within hearing range.

After calming herself a little she opens the backdoor and goes into the kitchen. She smiles as she sees her mom. "Everyone okay?"

"Yes. Want to explain why you're so worried?"

"Someone's been watching the house." She says softly. "Actually probably something." She looks toward the living room. "Didn't want Willow going back to the dorms alone, in the dark."

"No, I don't want that either." Joyce agrees with her daughter. "The usual on your pizza?"

Buffy nods and smiles, "Yep, one extra large with everything plus whatever you guys want."

Joyce shakes her head, "It's so not fair you can eat like that-"

Buffy cuts her off grinning, "I think it's compensation for all the stress of saving the world."

Joyce rolls her eyes, "Well it's still not fair." She goes to the phone and picks it up.

"Where are the rest of the partiers?" Her mother looks toward the stairs. Buffy smiles.

Upstairs, Willow and Tara sit facing each other cross-legged on the bed. While on the other side of the room the little girl sleeps. Willow reaches out and touches Tara's cheek with her fingers. "So... This weekend? We see if Buffy can watch Ella?"

Tara smiles as she meets the redhead's green eyes. "This weekend."

Willow can't stop the nervous smile that plays on her lips. "This weekend," she repeats.

"I-if you're sure," Tara adds.

"I-I am-if-if you are." Willow stutters out with a blush.
Willow relaxes a little as she sees the blonde blush, Tara leans in and presses a soft kiss to her lips. "I am," the older woman whispers as she lets her lips move closer to speak the words in her girl's ear. "I love you."

Willow leans in and kisses Tara again, lips begin to slowly move together as she strokes her cheek before her hand slides down to her neck. Her lips follow. She whispers in her girl's ear, "I love you too." Willow lies down on the bed and pulls Tara with her. Side by side they snuggle together, arms wrapped around each other. The redhead settles her head on the blonde's shoulder. She lets her eyes close just taking in the feel of the woman in her arms. "I could stay this way forever."

Tara smiles, then grins, teasing. "Then we'd miss the sleepover."

"We could have our own sleepover," she lets her fingers trail against the skin at Tara's side as she kisses her neck.

"Umm nice," she sighs a bit at the feelings, but then adds, "But Ella would be disappointed."

She lets the fingers move higher inching towards her girl's breast. "Can't have that," she says as she licks Tara's neck, her hand finding its destination.

Tara's eyes close and she arches into the touch. Her breathing increases. "Will-" she pants out. She licks her lips then bites them concentrating on staying quiet. She doesn't want to wake her child.

Willow's thumb brushes the cloth covered nipple as it hardens at her touch. She smiles against Tara's neck. "Stopping now," she promises as she remembers Ella. She absently squeezes the breast before removing her hand. She looks into the face of her blonde and smiles at the want she sees, realizing she has caused that.

Tara forces her eyes to open and she looks into Willow's dark green. She leans forward capturing her lips in an intense kiss. Tongues probe and explore but they pull apart as they hear a knock at the door. Both work to calm their breathing. Tara speaks. "Com-come in."

When the door opens and Buffy walks in she sees them snuggled together. "Party time. Pizza will be here any minute now."

Ella sits up, "It's time to get up?"

Willow smiles and so does Tara, "Time for junk food and movies," her mama says.

Ella bounces out of bed and toward them, "Come on!" she lands on the bed in the middle of them. She looks back at Buffy. "What movie are we gonna watch?"

Buffy smiles at the child then at the couple on the bed, "I'm not sure. Why don't you come help me pick it out?"

Ella looks at her mama, "Can I?" Tara just nods and the child leaps from the bed. They all giggle as she drags the Slayer toward the door.

Buffy calls back over her shoulder, "You got about 15 minutes." She winks and leaves with the little girl.

Willow smiles at Tara, "Hmm.. What can we do for-" Before her teasing words can continue, the blonde's lips are on hers.

Downstairs, ‘The Little Mermaid’ is playing as everyone lies in the floor on pillows and sleeping bags. Buffy's head is resting on her mom's tummy, Joyce smiles as she looks around at the others.

Willow is on her back resting her head on Tara's arm. The blonde is on her side pressed against her girl. Ella lies across the redhead, her "Willow pillow", as she puts it.

Buffy raises up to grab a slice of pizza. She eats it as she settles back against her mom. "This was a good idea."

"Definitely." Joyce agrees. She reaches for a cookie and eats it as her eyes go back to the cartoon.

Ella's eyes are locked on the screen as she eats chips. She looks up at her mama for a second and smiles as she feels her fingers playing in her hair. Tara smiles back. "Having fun baby girl?"

"Lots Mama. Can we do this every night?"

"Not every night," Tara says.

"But more often," Buffy adds. Joyce smiles at her daughter. Soon her fingers are stroking through Buffy's hair much like Tara's through Ella's.

Willow lets a hand caress her witch's back, slipping under her shirt out of sight of those in the room. Tara's breath hitches just a bit but she quickly composes herself. She leans down to her redhead's ear, "Feels nice," she whispers.

Later, all the food is gone and the movie stack is three high. Ella sleeps on Willow and so does Tara. The redhead is rubbing a hand across Ella's back-she hugs them both tighter as her eyes flutter.

Buffy stands and stretches. She holds a hand down and helps her mom up. Joyce stretches too. They look at those on the floor and smile. "Think they have the right idea," whispers Joyce. "Sleep." She yawns.

Buffy yawns too. She moves to Willow and starts to lift Ella. The redhead's eyes open and meet hers. "Just me-" Buffy whispers, "Want me to take her upstairs?"

"No, we're good," she kisses the child's head and then Tara's before letting her eyes close again.

Buffy smiles, "Night Will."

"Night," she answers without opening her eyes.

The Slayer and her mother go toward the stairs.

The next morning finds Willow, Tara and Ella still curled together sleeping. Buffy stands with camera in hand and Joyce over her shoulder giving her directions on how to shoot the scene. Buffy rolls her eyes and takes the picture.

The flash causes Ella to stir and then a protective Willow's arm again tightens around the child. Ella snuggles over and leans against her mama too. Joyce touches Buffy's shoulder and the Slayer takes another picture.

This time it is Tara who stirs and her eyes open slightly. The first thing she sees is Ella snuggled against her and in Willow's arms. She kisses the child, letting a hand touch her cheek as she smiles even more.

With a gentle tug, Joyce pulls Buffy out of the room quietly. They stand in the doorway for a second before going toward the kitchen as Tara presses a kiss to Willow's forehead.

Ella's eyes open slowly and she smiles when she sees her mama is awake. She starts to talk but sees her mama put a finger to her lips and look toward Willow. She nods as she sees her "pillow" is still asleep.

Willow mumbles as she starts to return to consciousness. "Pancakes with frogs are yucky-" She frowns. Her eyes flutter. "Green syrup," she groans as her eyes open.
Ella is trying not to giggle and Tara grins lopsidedly at her as she focuses. "Morning." She smiles and leans in kissing Tara then pretending to tickle Ella, who finally giggles.

"Morning sweetie."

"Did you have a bad dream?" Ella asks as she settles back against her. The tickling fingers now stroking her hair.

Willow looks unsure and Tara helps her out, "Something about pancakes with frogs and green syrup?"

Willow shivers, "Frogs are bad-" she closes her eyes. "They were spoiling our breakfast." She looks back at her girls.

"No frogs here," assures Ella as her little hand rubs Willow's face.

"Just my girls." Willow smiles and hugs them both.
They lie together in silence but Willow's mind races. *I wish we could wake up like this every morning Tar-* She thinks about getting a place and asking Tara to move in with her but she doesn't want to rush things. They're moving so fast already.

Tara strokes her side. "You okay sweetie?"

Willow nods and leans up to kiss her lips softly. "Never better." She holds them both tighter.

Joyce walks in and says with a smile, "Anyone hungry?"

"Me!" says Ella as she looks up at the woman. She slides from Willow's body. "I can help cook." She stands next to Joyce.

"Need more help?" Asks Tara.

"Buffy's helping." She smiles. "So we're good." She leaves the room with Ella.

Tara looks down into Willow's eyes and then touches her forehead, "What's going on in there?"

Willow looks up into the soft blue eyes of the woman she loves. "It's really busy," she concedes, but doesn't elaborate.

"Second thoughts about this weekend?" Tara asks concerned.

"No." Willow assures her with a soft kiss. "No second thoughts.”

“Then what sweetie?” She continues to run her hand over Willow’s face, caressing it gently.

“Tar... I know we said slow and well... things aren't so slow right now. But, it's okay right?"

"Right," she lets a hand trail down her girl's cheek and neck before resting it on her heart. "Willow, say what's on your mind. You can tell me anything. What do you want?"

"I want-" she stops and starts again letting her eyes lock with Tara's soft blue. "I want this. Us-you and me and Ella waking up together every morning. I want us to be a family. That’s what I want.”

The blonde is a little taken aback by the words. She sits up and Willow sits up too, facing her. Willow's words continue. "I love you and I love her and I want us together."

Tara thinks about the words and her feelings. "I want that too." She admits.

"Then let-lets get a place, the three of us." Willow finishes.

"A place... Move in together?" Tara looks unsure.

"That's what I want.” Willow looks suddenly unsure and worried. Her heart pounds harder the longer Tara stays quiet. She finally breaks the deafening silence. “But you don’t.” Tears try to fall but she pushes them away.

Tara starts, “I didn’t say-”

“You didn’t have to.” Willow stands but Tara’s hand stops her. “I get it.”

Tara stands next to her, “Willow a part of me wants what you do.”

Willow’s tears fall. “But a big part doesn’t.”

“The part that’s still trying to figure out how to be the best mama possible, that wants to make sure Ella’s safe and happy-”

The redhead’s tears stop and a little anger finds her words. “I want her happy too-you know I-”

“I’ve taken her from her family-her home. So much change-and I don’t know if-what if-” she stops not really wanting to voice her fears.

Willow looks at her girlfriend, the woman she loves and suddenly it all falls into place. “You think I’ll-that I’d change my mind-leave?-”

“It could happen.”

Willow shakes her head vehemently, “It won’t.”

“It could, you’ve been through a lot of changes too and it’s all been so fast. I have to watch out for her.”

“Tara baby, I love you and okay it’s new and it’s been fast but I know what I feel.”

“It‘s just-”

Buffy steps in, “Breakfast is ready.”

Willow looks up and Buffy sees her upset eyes. “Suddenly not real hungry.”

Ella steps from behind the Slayer, “But there’s pancakes Milow.” Ella can feel the whirling emotions in the room and the sky outside darkens.

Willow fights to control her emotions. She pushes back the hurt, anger and fear and smiles at the little blonde. “Pancakes?”

“Your favorite.” Ella wraps her arms around Willow’s legs as she relaxes a little.

“Led the way then Miss Ella.” Willow feels Ella’s hand in hers and the sad returns as she looks back at Tara.

“Come on Mama,” says the child.

“Be there in a minute baby girl.” She watches her daughter and her love leave together. She takes a deep breath and blows it out slowly.

Buffy looks at the blonde and steps into the room. “Wanna talk?”

Tara starts to shake her head but then sits on the couch. “I think we had our first fight-and I hope it wasn’t our last. I hurt her, I didn’t mean to.”

“She knows that.”

“She wants to get a place together.”

“And you don’t?”

“I s-said it all w-wrong. I know she loves Ella-she’d never hurt her.”

“But the Mama bear came out?” Tara nods. “She’ll think about everything and she’ll work it out in her head then find you, so you can talk. That’s her Willow way.” Buffy smiles reassuringly.

“What if I hurt her too much and she decides that she should just-”

“She loves you.” Buffy’s stomach growls and both smile.

From the doorway Willow speaks, “Better go feed the Slayer.”

Buffy smiles. “Better.” She leaves quietly.

Willow looks at Tara and walks toward her, “Ella fixed you pancakes-lots for syrup like you like them.” She holds out her hand.

A little hesitantly she takes it. “Willow?”

“We’ll talk later okay?”

“I didn’t mean-”

“Shhh-I know.” She relaxes into Tara’s arms as she feels them encircle her.

Later after breakfast, study groups and putting Ella down for a nap the girl’s find themselves finally lone. They sit on the back porch steps in a more comfortable silence, but both know talking soon is a necessity.

Tara speaks first. “I’m sorry, it all just came out wrong. I know you love her and you’d never hurt her, not on purpose.”

Willow speaks too, “And I know you’re kinda overwhelmed with being a mom. I just-” she hesitates but then continues. “I love you both so much I just want everything now-I’m being impatient girl and I’m sorry too. I‘ll do better I promise. No more pushing.”

Tara leans closer and puts her head on Willow’s shoulder. The redhead wraps an arm around her. The blonde speaks, “Maybe just a little-daring is fun.” She smiles against Willow’s neck.

“Just a little then, like maybe sometimes I could stay over. Just so I could wake up with you in my arms?”

“Yeah, like that. And later we could- you know- talk about the moving in-but later.”

“Later right,” she smiles. “When you’re ready.” They sit in silence together.

Later that day, Willow, Tara and Ella are together in the park. The little girl wants to play on the big slide but Tara is worried she might fall on the steps. "I'll be really, really careful Mama, I promise." The three year old pleads.

Tara looks nervously at Willow. The redhead smiles. "If you want, I'll go up the ladder behind her and you can stand at the bottom to catch her." She offers.

Tara smiles at her girlfriend and Ella jumps up and down. Tara nods and rolls her eyes. "Be careful," she yells as the two head to the steps.

"We will," the little girl assures as she grabs Willow's hand.

Tara moves to the bottom and watches them start up the stairs. She bites on her bottom lip as her baby girl gets closer to the top. She breaths a sigh of relief when she sits down on the slide. She moves to the bottom to catch her as Willow moves behind her.

Willow puts her on her lap, "Ready?"

"I wanna go by myself," Ella frowns.

Willow looks down at Tara who nods, then back at the child. "You sure?"

"I can do it." She nods confidently.

"Okay. I'll be down right behind you. Oh, and you can use your hands like this... To go slow." She puts hers on the side to show the little one.

"I don't wanna go slow," She smiles.

"Didn't think so," Willow puts her back on the slide from her lap. "I'm right behind you."

"Come on baby girl," Tara smiles up her daughter.

Ella pushes off with her hands then slides down, moving faster as she gets closer to the ground. Willow waits until she is about halfway down before starting to follow behind.

Tara catches the little blonde and Willow stops just short of them. Ella bounces in her mama's arms. "I wanna go again!"

Willow smiles laying back on the slide. While Tara tries to convince the child to swing instead. "But you like the swings, or... or the little slide." Ella shakes her head. Tara tries another tactic. "I know. Why don't we get ice cream and walk to the bookstore while we eat it?" The child smiles and nods.

Willow sits up, a smile on her face. "I like that plan, yummy ice cream and books! Two of my favorites."

Ella wiggles and her mama lets her down she goes over to Willow. The redhead stands and the little blonde takes her hand, then reaches back for her mama's. They walk out of the park hand-in-hand-in-hand.

Standing against his truck across the street, Donnie sneers. "Your little dysfunctional family's about to come to an end, sis." He climbs inside his truck and starts it up.

Ella stops walking and looks back over her shoulder. Willow and Tara follow her eyes. "What's wrong baby girl?" Asks the blonde.

Ella shakes her head and reaches her arms out for her mama to pick her up. Tara does just that and worries when her daughter whispers softly. "I wanna go back home Mama."

Willow moves closer to them, her hand touching Ella's arm as her eyes scour the area looking for anything out of the ordinary. "Did you see something L?"

The little girl doesn't answer she just holds Tara tighter. Willow puts an arm around Tara and they walk a little faster toward Buffy's. "I didn't see anyone." Tara says as she walks.

"I know-" she hears thunder rumble in the background. "But it was something. She's really scared."

"Yeah," she kisses her little girl's head. "It'll be okay baby. Mama won't let anything hurt you."

The rain starts as they step on to Revello drive. The truck is parked at the corner, but Donnie is nowhere to be seen. Tara and Willow run toward the front porch.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:11 am 
9. Gay Now

Hehe, dibs for me then. This chapter was very sweet. I think Willow may be moving a bit fast, but I know they'll work it out. Our girls always do :wtkiss

Quote:
"Pancakes with frogs are yucky-" She frowns. Her eyes flutter. "Green syrup," she groans as her eyes open.

Just had to quote that. So very Willow-y.

The only badness is evil Donnie. I hope he gets introduced to Buffy and her slayer strength very soon

~Sara

Find out in Speak Easy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:29 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Another sweet chapter. I'm glad they're not moving too fast and that Ella has a secure environment where she can feel safe.

Movie night was cute, and so was Willow when she asked Tara if they could move in together... if you ask me Tara overreacted a little bit. I mean, sure moving into together not a good idea right now, but Willow's intentions were sweet and I felt Tara should have recognized that and been more understanding. But then they made up again and everything was cool.

All I'm going to say about Donny is that he's pissing me off. I want him to just get in his vehicle and drive himself over a cliff of some kind... maybe not a cliff high enough to kill him, but I'd definitely like to see him maimed a bit. Grumble, grumble.

can't wait for the next chapter. Rock on. :peace

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:10 pm 
3. Flaming O

Great chapter! I really don't like Donny! Willow would make a great addition to their family! Hope they move in together soon! Keep up the great writing!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:28 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky I could easly have been on ether side of this I felt bad for both of them. Tara need,s to protect Ella but she need,s to Trust Willow if the love it true and I know it is. Time will bring them together as long as Donnie keep,s his ass out of the way :pray

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:29 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 1
Hello!! Your fic is really sweet! And Ella is just adorable!
Can't wait to know what happened with Donny... and all Ella's power.... Oh and of course Willow and Tara smoochies ;-)

Julia

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:33 pm 
3. Flaming O

Sorry it's taken so long. First life just kept getting in the way and then the chapter just seemed to go on and on. I hope you like it.

Finding What You Weren't Looking For

Chapter 10

On the porch, Willow and Tara give their surroundings one more thorough look. With a glance at each other, they open the door and dart inside closing it securely. Joyce who is coming down the steps smiles, "How was the park?" Her smile fades as she notices their troubled faces. "What happened?"

Tara sneaks a quick peek at her daughter, "Not sure," she replies as she kisses Ella's head. "She wanted to come home."

"And since there was the thundering and then the rain we decided maybe we should."

Joyce understands the unspoken words and nods. "I think we should call Buffy and invite her for dinner."

Ella raises her head from her mama's shoulder and a playful smile finds her lips, "Buffy really likes food, so we should." Her words are perky and Tara relaxes a little.

Willow tickles at the girl, "You wanna call?" Ella nods and giggles as she tries to get away from Willow's fingers. The redhead stops and holds her arms out for Ella.

Ella slides down her mama's body, "I can walk." Then she starts to run for the phone with Willow chasing after.

Tara calls out, "Don't run in the house!"

Both stop and start to walk really fast. Tara rolls her eyes and then with a sigh looks at Joyce. The older woman looks at the younger then cautiously speaks. "What do you think upset her?"

"Not sure, maybe something was there in the park. I didn't see anything but... maybe."

Joyce moves toward Tara and puts an arm around the young witch. "She's safe here. You all are."

"I know. I just wish- I'd feel better if I knew what was causing it. What she was sensing."

Willow and Ella come back in and the talking stops, "Buffy'll be here in a little while," Ella informs her mama.

"We better find food then," Joyce smiles.

"I can help," the little girl says.

Tara looks at Willow and the redhead speaks, "Why don't you let me help this once and you and Mama can color?"

Ella moves to get her crayons from the drawer on the end table. Tara smiles and lets her hand touch Willow's 'Thank you' she mouths and the redhead nods as she leaves with Joyce.

Once the room is left to only them, Tara sits on the floor next to her child. "Want to color a page or draw a picture?"

Ella considers her words and then smiles, "Draw a picture for you and Milow."

Tara smiles, kisses the child's temple and finds paper for her to draw on. As she watches the little one draw, she talks softly, her hand stroking Ella's back. "What happened at the park sweetie?"

Ella doesn't look up, just continues to draw. A few thought out seconds later the girl speaks faintly. "I didn't like it there any more."

Tara waits for her to elaborate but when she doesn't, she asks, "What didn't you like?"

"It felt bad."

"What did? Did you hurt yourself on the big slide?" She begins to inspect the child.

"No, no Mama, it hurts in here." She puts her hand on her tummy. "Like something-" she stops unable to explain.

"Like a tummy ache?"

Ella shakes her head, "Like when grandpa yells." Her eyes slowly lift up and the drawing stops.

Tara sees the worry in the mirrored blue eyes. "It made my tummy grumbly when he yelled too." She explains to her child.

"It did?" Ella asks as she starts to draw again.

She nods and moves her baby girl to her lap, "I'm sorry." Her mind swirls with guilt as she thinks about the pain he inflected on her with his words and berates herself for letting her daughter go through the same. "You're with me now and now no more yelling. Promise."

"Mama?" The child says as she picks up the black crayon and makes a twirling black mass on her page outside the house.

"What baby girl?"

"Can we stay inside today?"

Tara looks at the picture. She sees the house, the clouds with darkened skies and the black at the corner of the porch. "Sure we can. We'll watch cartoons and draw and I'll hold you tight. Sound good?"

Ella nods as she puts the crayon down and wraps her arms around her mama's neck. Tara hears the rumble of thunder in the distance. "You're safe Ella, I got you." But the thunder grows louder and the lightning streaks the sky as the rain falls.

In the kitchen Willow watches the lightning flash as she looks out the window. Joyce puts a hand on her back causing her to jump as thunder booms. "Sorry Willow. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Just a little jumpy I guess."

"She'll be okay, Buffy will be here and it'll be okay."

The redhead nods, though the words don't calm her like she wishes they would. Something seems wrong, something big and her tummy doesn't like it one bit. She goes toward the hallway, "Be right back."

Without waiting for a response she moves quickly toward the living room and her girls.

Willow relaxes just a little when she sees her girls are sitting on the floor leaned against the couch. She worries though when she sees the sadness on Tara's face as she holds her child. Ella has her face buried in the crook of her mama's neck and her little hands hold on tight. Tara lets a hand rub soothingly across her back as she hums softly trying to help the little one find sleep. However, each time she nods off she jumps with a start, afraid to keep her eyes closed. Willow sits next to them and presses a kiss to Tara's lips, hoping to reassure her that things will be okay. Tara lets her eyes close to stop tears as Willow wraps an arm around her. The redhead lets a hand join Tara's on Ella's back. "Milow?" Comes L's soft question.

"It's me baby girl." She presses a kiss to the top of her head.

Willow follows Tara's eyes from the child to the picture. The redhead frowns at the page. "Did you make me a picture?"

"For you and Mama," answers the child without looking up or letting go of her security blanket. In fact, her hold on the woman tightens.

"Wanna tell me about it?" Willow questions as she picks it up to take a closer look.

Ella talks but doesn't move, "I drawed the house."

"This house or a different house?"

"This one, see the porch swing?"

Willow looks and sees it beside the black swirly mass. "I do now, what's beside it L?" The little girl doesn't answer. "Is it a cloud?"

Ella whispers, "It's bad."

"A storm?" Asks the redhead. She watches as the little one shakes her head against her mama's chest. Willow racks her brain trying to understand the picture and the words. She stares at the drawing, her eyes searching for more information but she finds none. "I won't let anything bad happen."

Tara holds onto the child tighter as she begins to feel her girlfriend's fear. "It'll be okay. Buffy will be here soon and we'll eat lunch and-"

The front door opens and they all turn to face it. Willow grabs Tara's hand ready to combine their power and fight if need be. Both relax however when they realize it's just the Slayer. "Easy, it's just me." She sees them both ready to defend.

The blonde, dripping wet, comes into the room. Her eyes move from her friends on the floor into search mode as she takes in everything. She moves to the window and looks out.

Soft laugher fills the air and all look in surprise at Ella. Tara looks at her daughter, "What's so funny sweetie?"

Ella points a finger at the wet Slayer, "She's all wet." Ella grins.

Buffy gives her a playful evil look which only makes the child laugh more.

Joyce walks in and sees her daughter and a laughing Ella, "See you fixed everything and you've only been here for a minute." The mom winks at the Slayer.

Buffy rolls her eyes, "Very funny." She pouts playfully, then with a mischievous smile she pulls her mom into a wet hug.

"Hey!" Joyce protests but it is too late.

Willow joins the giggling and finds herself pulled to her feet and hugged too by the Slayer. "Oh! Not funny."

Ella laughs, "Yes it is Milow."

Willow turns to the girl and the little blonde squeals as she jumps from her mama's lap to evade the redhead. After a little chasing Ella hides behind Tara. "Help Mama." The little one pleads as Willow grabs her up. They are both giggling.

Joyce saves the day, "Who wants to help me take out the cookies?"

"Me!" Echoes Buffy and Ella.

Joyce rescues Ella from Willow's arms. "Come on Ella, you can sample one to make sure they're ready."

Buffy pouts, "You picked her. I'm you're daughter, you should pick me."

Joyce smiles as she leaves with the smile, "This coming from the young woman who got her mother all wet. You'll think twice before doing that next time, now won't you."

Buffy nods as her mom leaves the room with the child. She checks to make sure they are gone. "So, wanna tell me what happened?"

Tara starts as she stands and Willow wraps an arm around her waist. "We were at the park. I-I don't know."

"She was freaked out by something. Maybe she can sense danger too, I can't be sure how much power she has."

Tara stutters, "M-my m-mom could-s-sense-" she stops frustrated.

Willow places a reassuring kiss on her lips. "It's okay we'll keep her safe."

"My mom could-could read auras. Tell if people were wh-what they claimed."

"So maybe she can tell too. Did you see anyone in the park?"

Willow looks at Buffy like she's grown two heads, "Buff it's a park, of course there were people."

"Right, then did you see anything that looked weird, out of the ordinary?"

Both the blonde with and the redhead try to remember the scene around the park as Ella wanted to go. Neither can recall anything but the terrified child. Willow shakes her head. Tara stutters out, "S-she just came off the slide, the big one, maybe she could see something we couldn't."

"I was up there too, I didn't see anything."

Tara smiles, "You were watching Ella."

Willow nods in agreement. "True, so maybe I missed it, whatever it was."

Buffy starts toward the door, "Sit tight, I'll be back in a flash." Without waiting for an answer the Slayer is gone.

Outside the house, down the block just a little, Donnie sits in the truck and watches the house. He is glad to see the rain has stopped it will make his job easier.

When he sees the blonde leave he moves from the vehicle and crosses the street. From there, he eyes the Summers house hoping for an opportunity to slip inside. He moves to the back of the residence, then onto the porch. He peeks carefully in the window and sees the little blonde in the kitchen with an older woman.

He smirks, "There you are, won't be long now." As he reaches toward the doorknob, he feels a hand on his shoulder. He turns angrily.

Inside the house Ella looks around, eyes growing larger. "Ella?" Joyce asks softly. Ella runs toward her and as she does Joyce scoops her up.

Words enter the woman's head. **It's here! Help me!**

In the living room the witches hear the thunder and the words of Ella echo in their minds as well. In an instant they run to the kitchen. Seeing the fear in Ella's eyes they join hands. "Repel," they speak together as they hold a hand toward the door.

Outside in the now pouring rain, the sky nearly dark, Spike grabs the man and turns him around. He comments, "It's not nice to peek," as the words leave his mouth both are thrown from the porch into the air.

Buffy getting the same frantic message from the child runs for home. She gets there just in time to see Spike pick himself up from the ground. "Spike!" She growls out and lunges for him, grabbing him by the neck. Out of the corner of her eye, she sees movement but, after a quick look where she finds nothing, she turns her attention back to the neutered vampire. She hits him hard in the nose.

"Hey! Watch the nose." He grabs his face.

"Better start explaining," she states as she pulls out her stake.

The others are now on the porch hearing the Slayer. She looks at the scared child and the worried women. "It's just Spike."

"Wasn't just me," he says, then continues as Buffy raises an eyebrow. "Was a peeping Tom is was. All looking in the window trying to get a -" He stops as he feels eyes on him. He notices the child for the first time. "Who's the little bit?"

Ella now in her mama's arms smiles, "You talk funny." She says with a little smile.

"Do not," he frowns trying to act mean.

Ella smiles at him, "Uh huh."

Buffy rolls her eyes, "A peeping tom?"

"Looked like to me Slayer."

"And why are you here exactly?" Buffy asks.

Joyce clears her voice and speaks, "Cocoa. I invited him for cocoa."

Buffy shakes her head and leaves. "Cocoa," she mutters as she goes inside.

Willow looks at Spike and sees his smile. She realizes for the first time she is holding Tara's hand. "Like her better than dogboy already Red."

Willow smiles at the vampire and surprises him with her words. "So do I," she replies before leading Tara inside.

Joyce looks at the man, "Sorry about that Spike."

"It's okay Joyce, she always hits and asks questions later. Not your fault." He looks around the yard. "Want me to check around for him?"

Joyce notices the sun back out. "Maybe later would be better."

"Right you are." They go inside.

They all sit around the house drinking cocoa, though Buffy is mostly pouting. She looks at her mother trying to think of a tactful way to ask her why she's having cocoa with a vampire, Spike, more specifically, but can't come up with one.

Finally Joyce raises an eyebrow at her daughter, " Is there a problem dear?"

Buffy fights to keep from rolling her eyes and Willow can't stop a small laugh. "Problem, nah-" she deadpans, "All kinds of normal, mother of the Slayer having chocolately goodness with evil creatures of the night."

"Buffy, Spike isn't evil."

"Am too," he states, a bit of hurt in his voice. "I'm just as evil as the next bloke."

"Who's had a secret government agency put it chip in their head." Willow adds with a smile.

Buffy looks around the table at their faces and not finding even one ally in her 'He's a vampire' campaign gives up her protest. She starts a different approach. "So what did he look like?"

Spike looks at her, confused by the sudden change of topic. "Look like?"

"The peeping tom. What did he look like?"

Spike thinks about the question and tries to picture the guy. "Not much bigger then me, wearing jeans and a hooded sweatshirt so I didn't see much. We went flying from the porch before I could get a good look see."

"But you're sure he was human no-"

"Human all right. Still got a buzzing head from grabbing him, don' I?"

Tara seems to relax, maybe they were all over reacting. It was just a normal bad thing not a hell mouthy bad thing. She looks at Ella who seems to have taken an interest in the blonde man.

She moves her chair closer to his and looks up at him. She watches him finish off the last of his sugary drink. "Want more?"

Spike looks at the child, "No thanks. I better get going, things to do." He starts to stand.

Ella touches his hand, "You should stay inside 'cause your hands are cold. You might get sick in the rain."

He smiles, "Rain's stopped blondie. I'll be okay."

"Can you come back tomorrow and have more cocoa?"

He looks at Buffy but it is Joyce who answers. "He can come back anytime he wants."

Buffy huffs and sends him a look that he understands; 'Hurt my family, get dusted.'

Spike looks from the Slayer to the child, "Ill see what I can do."

"I have crayons, we can color."

Spike shakes his head, "Don't know about that squirt, but Cocoa with marshmallows? Always a possibility." He walks toward the door and looks back at Joyce. "Night Joyce."

"Night Spike." He leaves and the others in the room look at the older woman. "What?"

"How long have you been having cocoa with Spike?" Willow asks teasingly.

Buffy growls, "Not funny Will-" she warns her friend.

Willow and Tara laugh, as Joyce smiles. "For a while. He helped me out once."

"Helped you out?" Buffy asks.

Joyce answers, "I got stuck late one night at the gallery."

"You should have called me." Buffy states.

"You weren't home, Spike made sure I got here okay."

Willow smiles, "See Buffy? I told you he had changed."

"Yeah, yeah , yeah," chirps the Slayer not wanting to believe the words.

Ella smiles, "I like him." All eyes fall on the child.

Late that night Spike stands outside the Summers' house and stares up at the window. He tosses out the cigarette he was smoking and walks back into the cover of the trees to wait.

Tara tucks a sleepy Ella into her bed. "Sleep tight baby girl." The blonde kisses her daughter's forehead.

"Night Mama," she hugs her.

Willow leans in hugs Ella as well then tucks the cover back. She kisses her as well, "Night."

"Night Milow." She lets her eyes close, Willow and Tara stay till they hear her even breathing.

"That was quick," whispers the redhead as they go out into the hallway.

"She used a lot of energy-" she says simply though Willow knows more is going on in her head.

"So you heard her too?" Tara nods. "And Buffy?"

The blonde witch speaks, "She said she did. In the park, Willow. That's, that's what? A mile? Two?"

Willow nods and pulls her into a hug, she feels her girl's body tremble. "Can you do it?" Tara nods against her chest. "So she inherited it from you?" Again the witch nods.

"But she shouldn't- I was 12 before I could-" she stops. "She's so young to have so much power. It isn't good."

"She'll be okay. You'll teach her what she needs to know." She pulls back a little and looks into Tara's scared blue eyes. "Like your mama did for you."

Tara relaxes a little at the words. A smile finds her face as she thinks of her mama. "She'd be so happy if she-" the smile fades. "What if I can't... What if I mess up and-"

Willow kisses Tara's forehead. "What do you say we cuddle on the couch and I convince you that you'll do great?" The redheaded witch smiles.

Tara leans in and kisses her lips, "You can try but I-"

Willow stops her words with her lips and then takes her hand leading her down stairs. They find the living room empty as they curl under the blanket on the couch. She spoons around Tara holding her tightly. "Stay with me tonight?" The blonde asks softly.

"Always. Just have to say the word." Willow presses her lips to the back of her neck.

Joyce and Buffy come into the room, the Slayer smiles at the couple. "Guess I'm not walking you home before I patrol?" She asks with a grin.

Tara answers, "Nope, I'm keeping her tonight, you're rooming alone. Well, unless you have plans that include Ril-" she stops as she looks at Joyce then to Buffy, hew eyes full of 'sorry'.

Buffy smiles, "It's okay, she knows."

"Knows what?" Joyce teases.

Buffy rolls her eyes, "Night guys, see you tomorrow." She kisses her mom as they call their goodnights as she leaves.

Joyce looks at the couple on the couch, "Night."

"Night Joyce," they reply as she goes up the stairs.

Willow presses her lips to the back of Tara's neck, "Wanna watch a movie?"

Tara turns in her arms, "No, wanna just lie here with you."

"I like the sound of that," she pulls her closer and the blonde witch snuggles deeper into her arms, finally resting her head on Willow's shoulder.

They lie in silence, Willow kissing the top of her head occasionally. Her hand strokes Tara's back. Tara speaks softly, "Willow?"

"What baby?"

Tara looks up into her girl's loving green eyes. "I was thinking that maybe we should... Friday. We should wait. Make sure things are okay."

The redhead considers the words of her girlfriend, "Maybe, but let's see what happens. Maybe it was just a guy checking out the hottness of you." Tara blushes and rolls her eyes, "What?" Willow asks playfully.

"I-I'm n-not hot."

"Hmm I beg to differ," she kisses her lips. "You are beautiful." She kisses her again. "No arguing." She pulls her back in close and they share another kiss this one, longer, slower and before it's over both are breathless.

Two days later the events of that day are forgotten. The rumbly tummy and the scared, silent screams for help from the child gone for now, replaced by laughter and play.

Willow and Tara are sitting on a bench outside of their last class talking. "So-" the redhead starts. "Tonight, ah... Do we need a sitter?" Tara shakes her head and Willow frowns, "No?" The blonde shakes her head again. "But I thought- and I've been researching and well-" she stops as she sees Tara's smile. Her green eyes narrow as she looks at her girl.

"We don't need a sitter, because I already have one. Two, actually." Her blue eyes sparkle.

"Joyce and Buffy?"

"Joyce and Spike, are having more cocoa. And well Buffy promised to drop by after patrol." With a twinkling smile Tara asks, "Been researching huh?" She lifts an eyebrow.

The redhead blushes, "Ah- wel... I wanted, you know to make sure you'd-" she stops as she ducks her head, the red hue spreading the more she tries to explain.

Tara lifts her girl's chin with a gentle hand, "I'll-" she grins. "Count on it. You just kissing me is nearly enough." Now it is the blonde who blushes at her admittance. "No worries." She adds.

Willow smiles as she leans in and kisses Tara softly. "So, meet you at the house say 6ish? We'll stop for dinner and then go back to my room?"

"See you then," she stands. "Gotta go. Class."

Willow stands and pulls her into a hug, "I love you Tare," she whispers in her ear.

"I love you too." She kisses her cheek and then walks away.

At the Summers' house Tara is getting ready to leave. She is nervous and Spike smiles up from the floor where he is trying to teach Ella how to play rummy. "Relax."

Tara shakes her head, "Can't."

Joyce walks in, "Tara, are the two of you staying for dinner?"

"No, we're going out." She smiles, then can't stop the blush as she thinks about what will happen after.

"Spike, could you help Ella set the table?"

He looks up understanding Joyce wants them to leave the room, "Sure, love." He smiles at Ella, "Come now Bite Size, you can show me where everything goes." Ella stands and goes with him.

Joyce puts her hands on Tara's shoulders. "Deep breath." She does as she is told and as she breaths out she can feel some of the tension die away. "Better?" The witch nods. "Things will be fine."

"What if they're not! What if I mess everything up and she doesn't-"

"You won't. Just love her, don't over think it."

"Right, no thinking." She jumps a little as the door opens and Willow comes in.

"Hey," smiles the redhead. She moves to Tara and hugs her tight. She can feel the nervousness. "Ready to go? I got reservations."

"Ready," Tara says. "Just let me say bye to Ella."

"Oh, me too." They start to the girl.

Joyce rolls her eyes. "They'll never make their reservations."

Willow and Tara stand in the dorm room next to the bed. The redhead's thumbs brush back and forth against her girl's cheeks as she holds her face, their lips moving together in soft leisurely kisses. They finally break apart, pulling in some much needed oxygen. Their foreheads rest together as Willow's hands stay on her face and their eyes meet. "Music?" Asks the redhead.

Tara shake she head, "Got music," she grins. "Can't you hear it?" The redhead smiles as the taller girl's lips meet hers in a kiss that starts out slow but heats up almost instantly.

Willow's fingers tangle in soft blonde hair as Tara's arms pull her closer, their bodies now pressing together. The blonde's hands are caressing her soon to be lover's back, in teasing circles against her skin as their tongues explore.

After what may have been minutes or hours of teasing exploration, the witches find themselves topless and tangled together on the bed. Lips still joined and soft moans filling room.

Willow arches against Tara's lips as they pull away and start down her neck. She licks and kisses there before moving up to do the same to the soft shell of her ear. Willow moans louder as Tara's lips engulf one ear lobe in, sucking gently as her hands begin to massage her breasts.

"Tara- Goddess-" she pants out. "Feels amazing."

She pulls away long enough to answer, "So do you, and taste-" she licks the skin of Willow's neck again. "Mmm- yummy." She begins to move her lips down the redhead's body. Soon paying homage to the redhead's right breast. She teases it with her tongue, stroking over it in circles growing closer to the hardening peek with each pass.

Willow moans and arches against her girl as her hands hold Tara's head to her body. She whimpers as she feels her love moving away. "Don't stop." She pants out, her body shaking slightly.

Tara smiles against her soft skin, her lips brushing against the tightened nub. "Not planning to," she leans back in and captures her prizes between her lips.

"Tara!" Calls out Willow as her body trembles so close to falling already. She groans at the gentle suction, repeats her girl's name over and over as the blonde tugs playfully before releasing the nipple with a plop and moves to the other side. No teasing this time as she simply takes the tip between her lips and laves it with her tongue.

Her hand moves between them, working on the button of Willow's jeans. Her knuckles brushing teasingly against her center.

At the house Spike stands at the door. "Sure you'll be okay?"

"We'll be fine." Joyce assures the vampire.

"It's just poker, I can cancel. I'm sure Clem can find a replacement."

"Spike, no. No canceling."

"You're sure?" His eyes meet Joyce's.

"Yes. Besides, Buffy'll be here soon."

"I'll swing back by after too, just to check on things."

"Thank you. Now go, have fun." She looks at him sternly, "No biting."

He rolls his eyes, "Like I could." He allows a little smile as he opens the door and disappears out it. Joyce closes and locks it behind him, her eyes traveling to the stairs where Ella is safely sleeping.

The witches kiss softly, then press their foreheads together momentarily as they rock slowly. Their breathing fast, their hearts pounding- they race towards release. Willow opens her legs wider as she hooks one around her lover, changing the angle just slightly. Both groan at the firmer contact of their centers, clits rubbing together. "Just like that," Tara groans out as their pace speeds just a little. Her lips move down Willow's jaw line, her tongue teases out against the skin as she traces down her neck.

"I'm- I'm gonna-" the redhead warns as she feels her body start to tense.

"Right- there- with- you-" Tara pants out as her body trembles.

Their rocking becomes erratic as their climaxes near. Each calling out the other's name as they fall together, clinging tightly as their bodies continue to move.

At the Summers' house, Joyce checks in on Ella and smiles at the sleeping child. She brushes hair from her face as she fixes her cover, then presses a kiss to the child's forehead. "Sleep tight." She leaves the room, closing the door part of the way.

As she walks back into the hallway, she hears a knock at the door. Puzzled, she wonders who it is. She jogs down the steps to answer it so the noise doesn't wake the child.

She smiles when she sees the clock at the bottom of the stairs. "Buffy," she says with a smile. "She must have forgotten her key."

She reaches for the door knob and opens the door, "Buffy-"

Her words stop as she sees the man and she tries to close the door. He pushes his way inside and with one blow to the face, Joyce's world goes dark. She hits the floor with a thud and Donnie shakes his hand as he moves toward the stairs. As he looks up them, he smiles knowing that the money will soon be his.

Finally, I just couldn't seem to find the end to this chapter. I hope you haven't given up on it or me. Let me know what you think of the chapter. Hopefully the next will be done much sooner.

Thanks to Wolfkin for the beta work and the help with working out the last few scenes. Couldn't do it without you!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:56 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don,t stop there my god woman cliff hanger much who you been hanging out with on the board? :lmao I am glad you are back it was well worth waiting for Donnie is a son of a bitch and will get what is coming to him. :crash Ella could see spike for what he is and it was sweet. I loved our girls making love it was mmmmmmmmmm good and full of passion. My heart breaks for when thay find out Ella is gone. I understand about real life but more soon please I love this story :kgeek

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:50 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Um....-coughs-....um. I don't know what to say. I have to um.......go.....and think of something to try to say.....later. I'll be back later. I think you broke me.

writerfreak :flower

Soul

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:44 am 
3. Flaming O

Dianneswillowtree-thanks for the review and sorry about the cliffhanger-I had to stop somewhere;) . And you're right, Donnie will get his-the question is however from whom?

Writerfreak, Sorry I broke you. Hopefully you'll be all better and able to read the next chapter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next