The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Story: Finding What you weren't Looking For
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:19 pm 
3. Flaming O

Just the usual beginning things. I don't own the characters, they belong to Joss and EM--well except Ella-she's mine.

The show's been off the air for a while so there shouldn't be any spoilers.

Ratings: PG-R(NC17)

Willow/Tara of course eventually-there has to be drama and angst first right?

Reviews: Yes please. This is my first story on this site.

Finding What you weren't Looking For

Chapter 1

Changes

After the craziness of the last few weeks Tara was happy to just relax. Since meeting the fiery redhead her life had suddenly become interesting, hectic and at times a little scary. But now, she was in her room alone, soft music playing in the background as she sat at her desk looking over her homework-calm-calm was nice.

A few minutes later she looks at the picture of the little girl on her desk, her smile brightens and then dims. "I miss you baby girl," she whispers softly and even softer still she adds, "Mama misses you Ella." She lets her fingers trace over the small face in the picture and as she does all the memories come flooding back:

A farmhouse in a small town-a shy girl sitting on the couch with her parents standing in front of her. Through a veil of blonde hair she listens as her father speaks, "Young lady you will do as I say-"

"Don-" her mother starts but doesn't have the strength to protest against him.

"S-sit down-M-mama--" stutters the blonde as she helps her to the couch. "It's okay-I'll go out with him."

"You damn well will-" says her father. "And we'll have no more crazy talk of --you will date boys." He states firmly.

She is brought back from the thoughts as she hears a knock on the door. Surprised she looks at the door and when there is another knock she stands to answer it. She opens the door and smiles at the redhead standing there. "W-willow-"

"Hey-hope you don't mind me just stopping by without calling but I was at the library and well-you're --and well-hi-" she finishes as she smiles at the girl.

"Hi-" Tara stands in the doorway.

"If this is a bad time-if you're busy with homework or-well-not alone or-" they both blush and Willow stops babbling again.

"No-no-now's fine-" she moves from the doorway and Willow walks inside.

"Wow-this is a cool room-" she looks around at the fairy lights and the candles.

"Th-thanks," she looks down shyly.

Willow looks for a place to sit and decides on the floor next to the bed. She slips her backpack off and opens it digging out two old books. "I borrowed these from Giles-I thought we might find something in one of them that we could work on-if if you wanted?"

"I w-want-yes," Tara sits down next to her and smiles at the titles, "My-my mama ha-d this one-" she runs her fingers over the binding.

"Had?" Willow looks unsure.

"My dad-he uh-he threw them away if he found them. H-he d-didn't like magic-doesn봠like magic."

"I bet your mom was really mad-"

Tara looks away letting her blonde hair mask her face, "S-she di-didn't know-it-it was after she--" she stops and looks up at Willow letting her blue eyes meet green. "W-willow my m-mom died w-when I w-was seventeen."

Willow's heart breaks at the words of her new friend. "Tara I didn't-I'm so sorry." She looks at her unsure of what to do. Before either realizes it Willow is hugging the blonde. She lets her go slowly, "I didn't mean to bring up bad memories."

Tara forces a little smile, "I like remembering-the g-good th-things."

Willow nods. A few awkward minutes later the redhead stands and looks down at her friend, "I got an idea-some chocolate-y mocha goodness-my treat?"

"I-I w-would like that but I-I can't go out-" she looks towards the phone. "I'm-I'm expecting a call-" she says softly.

Willow nods again, "Maybe after?" Willow looks at her expectantly.

"If you still w-want after."

"Why wouldn't I?"

Before she can answer the redhead the phone rings and Tara moves to pick it up. "H-hello-" she listens. "Dad-yes sir." She listens again. "I know-" More angry words that can almost be heard by Willow.

The young witch tries to ignore the sounds but her eyes lock on Tara who is suddenly shaking. She moves beside her. "L-let me talk to her--" she listens. "Please-d-don't do this." More loud words from the man follow.

Willow can make out a few words--"Last time-" then an angry "you should be here-" and something about a "Place."

Then Tara's soft voice "Please Dad let me talk to her-" you can hear a small child in the background crying. Then you hear shouting that causes Tara to jump and Willow to put her arms around the blonde to comfort her. Tara looks at her unsure, so close to tears.

The blonde smiles though tears fall as the angry words stop, "Ella its okay baby-its me-it's mama-" Willow eyes widen in surprise but a little smile follows as she moves to the bed to let Tara finish her conversation in private.

Later the two witches sit at the Espresso Pump-a mocha in front of each, as Tara seems a million miles away. "How old is she?" Asks Willow with a soft smile.

Without looking up Tara says softly, "She'll be three in a couple of weeks."

"And she stays with your dad?" She nods and a tear slips from her sad blue eyes. "You miss her a lot don't you-I mean it has to be hard to be away from her."

"It is-it's s-so hard." She tries to stop the tears from falling.

Willow touches her hand, "Tara-" she stops unsure of how to ask. "Tara, why-" she stops again as tearful blue eyes look up at her.

"He s-says sh-she belongs w-w-w-with him-she's blood a-a-and -" tears fall harder. "He w-wants me to come h-home."

"What do you want Tara?" Willow asks softly.

"I w-want her here but I-w-with classes-" she slowly shakes her head. "I c-can't do it by m-myself."

Willow thinks about the blonde's words. She hates not being able to help and hates Tara hurting so much. An idea starts to formulate and her mind begins to make lists. A slow smile makes its way across her face. Tara looks at her friend unsure, "Willow?"

"Oh-sorry-my mind just does that sometimes-gets all busy and I space out but-sorry," she says deciding not to explain just yet. She wants to make sure its possible first. "Tell me everything about her." Willow smiles brightly.

"Everything?" Tara asks with a raised eyebrow.

Willow appears to think and then nod- "Does she have blue eyes like yours?" She bites her bottom lip as she waits.

Tara smiles too and relaxes as she begins to talk about her daughter.

A few nights later Tara is talking on the phone to Ella, "How's my girl?"

"Granpa's girl," she says with a giggle.

Tara's smile fades, "No-say mama's girl."

"Mama's-" Ella says softly.

"I miss you Ella-"

"Miss you mama-come home?"

"Next week for your birthday."

"Presents? -Bring Ella presents?" Asks the little girl.

"Sure there'll be presents for mama's big birthday girl," Tara says with another smile.

"Big girl," echoes Ella.

"Let mama talk to grandpa now."

"K-" she starts to leave.

"I love you Ella-" Tara says.

"Love you mama-" she hands the phone to the man.

Willow knocks on the door and Tara opens it with a smile. She waves her inside and Willow smiles back. She sits on the bed and begins to unpack her backpack. She pulls out books, charts and a schedule on an over sized sheet on construction paper.

"I'll talk to you next week Dad-" she listens to his words. "I will-okay-" she listens again and as she does Willow can feel the blonde's mood change. The stutter returns as she answers, "No-n-no s-sir." Willow looks up at her, "Bye-t-tell her-I-I'll be there." The line goes dead. Tara takes a few seconds to compose herself then moves to the bed as she turns the phone off. "H-he ca-can be s-so mean s-sometimes."

Willow nods as the girl sits down beside her. As Tara looks at the things on the bed one fact sticks out in her mind-there is a certain element of Magic missing from their Magic night. "No books?" Willow shakes her head but smiles. "What's all of this?"

"A schedule-" Willow smiles.

"For?" Tara smiles intrigued.

"I thought since Ella's birthday is on Wednesday she could come and stay here and then Sunday she could go back." Willow explains a little nervously.

Tara smiles at her friend's effort but it fades as she hides behind the veil that is her hair. "She can't-" she says softly.

"But-I -I figured it all out-see-" she points to a chart. "It'll work."

"My dad w-w-won't let her c-come h-here." Willow looks confused. "He said from the b-be-beginning if she c-comes h-here she c-can n-never go b-back." Tears start to form in her eyes. "I don't-I d-don't have the m-money and m-my schedule-" she stops as tears take control.

Willow pulls her into her arms and holds her as she cries. After a few moments she calms enough to talk and Willow looks into her sad blue eyes, "Tara-" the redhead whispers. "Do you want her here with you?"

Tara nods and whispers the stutter amazingly gone, "More than anything."

The redhead's resolve face makes an appearance, "Then we'll find a way-come on." She scoops up all the papers on the bed and stuffs them back into her backpack as she stands.

"W-where are w-we going?" Tara asks confused.

"I need my laptop." She states as she takes the blonde's hand and leads her from the room.

Later that night-or early the next morning might be a better description, Tara lies in Willow's bed surrounded by papers. Willow is still typing and taking notes at the computer. The door opens and Buffy comes inside.

"Still doing homework Will?"

"Shhhh-" the redhead looks towards the sleeping girl on her bed and the Slayer's eyes follow.

Buffy looks confused, "Tara?"

Willow nods, "And it's not exactly homework-more with the researching," she whispers.

Buffy whispers back, "And Tara's here why?" The witch looks a little unsure and the Slayer backs off. "When you're ready Will-"

"Thanks," is her only reply as she goes back to the computer. Buffy moves to get her shower kit and p.j's then leaves the room. Willow looks at the restless girl trying to sleep on her bed. The hacker stands, stretches and walks to the bed. She touches Tara's cheek, "I'll fix it-I promise Tar-" she says in a whisper. She moves the papers and charts and then covers the blonde with a blanket. She goes back to the computer and smiles biting her bottom lip as another idea pops into her head. She begins to type franticly.

As the bright sunlight makes its way into the room through cracks in the curtains Tara's eyes slowly open. Blue eyes look unsure as they begin to focus on unfamiliar surroundings and then she remembers. "Willow's," she whispers with a smile. She sees the witch; her head resting on the desk-eyes closed snoring just a little. She can't help but giggle just a bit. The blonde gets up and slowly makes her way to the redhead. She gently brushes her hair from her eyes and then caresses her cheek. From across the room the Slayer watches her Slayer senses all eeeeeeeee for some reason. Willow's green eyes appear and Tara whispers, "Morning."

"It is?" She asks unsure.

"Yeah-did you sleep any?"

Willow lifts her head up and cranes her stiff neck, "I think." She smiles and moves quickly to the printer. "Look!"

"What is it?" Asks Tara as Willow hands her a few papers.

"I went through the school data base-I found some aid-and there's money for-for childcare--" she shakes her head, "Just read it okay?""

"Okay." Tara reads the words and then rereads them as she realizes with Willow's help there is money to bring her daughter here.

Willow waits anxiously as the blonde's blue eyes read and her mind conceives what can be done. "What do you think?"

Tara begins to cry and Willow is worried, "I-I c-can't ask you to do this-"

Willow cuts her off, "You didn't ask-I volunteered."

"Willow-" Tara starts only to have the redhead's words stop her again.

"Tara let me do this-"

"I don't know what to say," the blonde whispers.

"Just say yes-say its okay."

Tara nods slowly as more tears fall but her smile beams through. She leans forward and without thinking her lips touch the soft lips of the redhead next to her.

Across the room Buffy's eyes go wide in shock and surprise.

Last edited by Willowfan on Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Story: Finding What you weren't Looking For
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:37 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky Yes Yes Yes I can,t wait for this a big fan here I love this story already and have followed it for a long time. I have faith that the kittens are going to love it. Your story is wonderful it has sweetness,suprises for our girls and angst and boy do the kittens love that but most of all it shows our girls in a real life kind of story with the ups and downs that go along with it!!!! :party :kgeek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:27 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I know I remember this story from somewhere...I love it and then lost it, so I can't wait for more :party

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:33 am 
3. Flaming O

I was posting it on Extra Flamey--but since it is gone, I thought I would post here. Glad you like it. :blush

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:14 am 
3. Flaming O

Hi there,

I really like this, its really interesting. It's so sad that Tara can't afford to live with her kid and all. I just hope whatever Willow's got planned it works out. This fic is so cute so far.

Hannah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:37 am 
3. Flaming O

Interesting start... Tara's with a kid? Can't wait for more! :smug

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:09 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

I remember starting to read this on Extra Flamey, I loved it there. And then it was gone. Thank you so much for posting it here I'd really love to see how it goes.

Soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:18 am 
3. Flaming O

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Here's the next chapter.

Chapter 2

Choices

Willow kisses back cautiously but her eyes open as she feels Tara pull away and green look into panicked blue. "I-I-I'm s-so so s-sorry. I-I'll g-go." She starts for the door.

Willow is shocked out of her silence, "Tara-no-wait!"

"Will?" Buffy's voice filters through and she looks across the room at her friend.

"Buffy!" The blushing redhead looks back at the door as it is closing and Tara is no longer in the room. "Tara!" She moves to the door and opens it only to find the hallway surprisingly empty. She closes it and dejectedly she looks back at Buffy.

"Will, what just happened?"

The redhead meets her friends questioning eyes, "Still trying to catch up myself.- Look I need-we'll talk later-I have to find Tara." She grabs the list from the desk and then opens the door again.

"Will-?"

"I just-" she looks worried as she glances at the door.

"Okay-go find her," Buffy gives a half smile and Willow goes hurriedly out the door.

Hours and two wasted classes later the only thing on Tara's mind is the kiss and how much she enjoyed it, but at the same time wished it hadn't happened. She had missed both lectures, pen never touching paper as she tried to think of something-anything to tell the redhead, other than the truth.

Now sitting in the field under a tree drawing she still had no answers. Her art class, the drawing, was an escape-it gave her so much freedom-but now even it was difficult to do. As she tried to picture the scene before her all she could see was Willow-feel her lips-her thoughts kept going back over the kiss time after time. Worry fills her mind as tears slip down her cheeks. The blonde doesn't notice the others in her class begin to leave. Soon they are gone and only she remains. She turns and looks up as she feels a hand on her shoulder. She can't stop the smile that covers her face as she sees Willow there.

"You're hard to find," says the younger witch with a smile as she sits next to her in the grass.

"I-I'm s-sorry I didn't mean-I didn't think you'd w-want-" she stutters.

"It's okay," Willow's eyes meet hers. "I was just-it surprised me." Tara nods at the redhead's words. "I mean you have a daughter."

"L-long story," Tara says softly.

"I've got time," Willow says, as she looks at the schedule in her hands then smiles. "Looks like you do too."

"Yeah-all finished for the day," Tara confirms.

"So there could be talking-if you wanted." Tara nods. "Here- or with mochas." She smiles at the blonde.

"I-I like it here," she says as she attempts a smile too.

"Then here is where we'll stay." She turns her full attention to the other witch.

Tara tries to relax, to remind herself that this is Willow-and that she can tell her anything. "So-ah-not sure w-where to start."

Willow smiles a reassuring smile, "Where ever you want."

"I knew-I mean I thought I knew w-when other girls started talking and I w-well-I di-didn't have much to say. Boys w-were okay-but not-you know?" Willow doesn't interrupt, "A-anyway when I k-kissed a girl for the f-first time I told m-my parents and my dad-" she shakes her head and closes her eyes for a moment before continuing. "H-he w-was not happy."

"So you went out with guys to make your dad happy?"

"N-not exactly-I went out w-wwith Tommy because I th-thought maybe I w-was wr-wrong." She takes a deep breath and starts again, "Tommy and I-w-we went out for a while but still-we thought-I thought that if we-well obviously w-we-" she blushes and so does Willow, "That wh-when we-that I'd feel differently-I'd feel for him what my dad w-wanted me to." She lets the veil of blonde hair cover her face as she turns red.

"But you didn't?" Willow asks quietly.

"No-and w-we w-were inexperienced and didn't-we kinda missed the wh-whole safe s-sex part."

"And Ella," Willow smiles.

"And Ella," Tara says smiling.

"And Tommy?" Willow asks a little nervously.

Tara shakes her head before speaking, "He left before she was born. I haven't seen him since."

"He's never seen her?" Willow's eyes turn sad at the thought of the child not knowing her father.

"No-" she says softly, her eyes tearing up a little.

"Then he's a big dummy-" she states with a little anger in her words.

Tara changes the subject just a bit, as a smile crosses her face fleetingly-"But Mom did. She saw her and got to hold her-th-that's what matters." Tears fall freely. "She was so happy."

Willow smiles and the looks at her hesitantly, "And your dad?"

"He w-was pr-proud in a way-with a baby the talking about the girl had to stop-how could I be gay if I had a baby right?" Tara rolls her eyes.

Willow smiles, "Have you explained his wrongness?"

"Yeah-I brought a girlfriend home once-h-he was so mad."

Without thinking the redhead takes the blonde's hand in hers and Tara looks down at it and then back into soft green eyes. "Are you sure?"

"Nervous," admits the redhead, "I've only ever dated guys-but-" she stops.

Tara looks a little worried, "We don't have-we can be just friends-that's okay."

Willow shakes her head, "I want-" she stops again. "Okay?"

Tara smiles, the last of the tears gone- "Definitely okay."

Later that day-actually night-Willow walks into her dorm room to find Buffy there, "Hey."

"Hey?-It's been dark for a while-starting to worry here," says the Slayer.

The redhead looks at her friend, "Sorry I wasn't-I should have called. But-I was careful."

"Good, that's good." She pauses and moves to sit on Willow's bed, "Find Tara?" The hacker nods and sits next to her friend. "Good," she says again, "things okay?"

Willow smiles a little, "Yeah-we talked."

"And?" Buffy asks. "I mean-not and what else did you do-not asking if there was kissing-" she blushes a little and so does Willow. "I mean did you work things-" she stops and looks at the smiling redhead with a frown. "You could help me out here Will-" the blushing blonde finally states.

Willow smiles, "Things are okay, all worked out." She adds after a slight pause, her eyes meeting Buffy's, "We have a date Friday night."

Buffy's eyes go wide and she stands, "Date?"

"Date." She looks her friend. "You dated a vampire and I was all supporty-best friends are supporty-" she looks into Buffy's eyes.

"All true-but he was a guy Will-" she says simply missing Willow's point.

"So you're all freaked?"

Buffy finally hears the worry in her friend's words, "Freaked-no." She shakes her head and sits back down next to her, "Not freaked-I promise-just confused." She looks at her friend, "There was Oz and you were happy," she says.

"I was-" Willow agrees. "But now she makes me happy." She waits for Buffy to think about her words and then adds. "It just feels right-like it was always suppose to be."

Buffy forces a smile and nods, though she's still not sure she understands any of it, "Then good for you."

"You really mean that?" Willow asks softly.

Buffy nods, her smile more genuine- "Really." She hugs the redhead.

Willow hugs her back, "Will you help me pick out something to wear?"

Buffy looks unsure as she pulls back from the girl, "On your date?" Willow nods. Buffy starts to giggle.

Willow mock glares, "Why are you laughing at me?"

"Wills its only Tuesday." She smiles as the redhead blushes.

"Oopsey-" she grins. But the grin leaves followed by nervous words, "But will you?" Buffy rolls her eyes and stands as she walks toward the closet. A smiling Willow follows. "You're the best friend ever-" Willow chirps.

"Does that mean I get presents?" Buffy asks teasingly as she opens the closet door.

"Mochas tomorrow after class?" Willow smiles.

"Yummy-" Buffy smiles happily.

Finally Friday arrives and a very nervous Willow paces her dorm room. Buffy watches from her bed with a smile, "Willow-stop with the pacing you're making me all crazy."

"But what if she changed her mind?" Willow says nervously.

"She didn't-" the blonde stands and puts her hands on Willow's shoulders stopping her movement. "Relax she'll be here-" as the words leave her mouth there is a soft knock on the door. "See-" Buffy smiles. Willow looks at the door but doesn't move even after Buffy lets her go. There is another soft knock. "Will-?" The redhead stands frozen. With a shake of her head and a smile Buffy goes to the door and opens it. She smiles at an equally nervous Tara. "Hi-come on in."

Tara does without a word, her head tilted so that her hair covers most of her face. "I'm early I could go-" she starts nervously.

"No-" Willow says softly as she moves toward the girl. Buffy smiles and slips out the door unnoticed. Willow looks at the blonde and smiles, "You look nice." Tara is dressed in a skirt and a blue blouse that matches her eyes perfectly.

She blushes at the words, "So do you."

Willow looks down at the jeans and blouse Buffy talked her into though both are a little tighter than she likes-they were borrowed from Buffy's wardrobe. "Buffy let me borrow them," she says with a smile.

"So-are you ready?" Tara asks nervously.

Willow nods just as nervous, "Yeah-dinner right?"

"Dinner-" Tara nods. They both walk towards the door. Finding a little courage Willow takes her hand. Tara smiles at the feel of her hand in Willow's. Willow smiles at the blonde as she relaxes just a bit.

The new couple has finished their dinner and are now eating desert. Tara watches with a smile as Willow tackles the chocolate-y goodness in front of her. Willow glances up and catches the blonde looking. "What?"

"Reminds me of Ella with sweets," she says with a smile.

Willow smiles a little too but then decides that a little teasing would be fun, "So I'm acting 3?"

"No-no I didn't mean-" Tara stops her apology when she sees the smile on the redhead's face.

Willow giggles, "I was teasing." She admits.

Tara sticks out her tongue and pouts playfully both finally at ease. Without thought Willow's free hand laces with Tara's. The blonde smiles the fake pout forgotten.

"So what do you want to do now?" Asks Tara a few minutes later as the hacker finishes her chocolate.

"I'd say a nice walk if this weren't Sunnydale," says the redhead. "Oh-but I might know a way." She stands. "Be right back."

Tara watches as the girl stands and moves toward the hallway. She isn't sure what she's up to but smiles just the same.

Later Willow and Tara walk hand-in-hand through the park next to the campus. "Do I wanna know how we can do this without worrying about things that go Grrrrrr?"

"No-just know we're safe." Willow smiles as she puts an arm around the blonde and holds her close as they walk.

Finally as their night starts to come to an end they sit on a bench in front of Tara's dorm. Both look up into the sky at the stars that fill it. "It's a beautiful night," says Tara.

Willow nods, "Mmmm-" she agrees.

"But it's getting late-" Tara says softly.

"Yeah-I should get you home." She smiles and stands holding out her hand for Tara to take and she does. As they walk away someone watches from the bushes.

In the dorm Willow and Tara stop at the blonde's door suddenly both nervous again. Tara opens her door and looks at the redhead, "Guess this is good night," she says softly.

Willow nods, "I had fun-" she smiles as she inches a little closer.

"So there could be more dates?" Tara asks.

Willow nods, "I was thinking maybe a picnic tomorrow-see the park in daylight?" Tara smiles and nods. Willow's smile beams, "I'll bring the food-"

"Meet you by the pond at noon?"

"It's a date," Willow says as she bites her bottom lip and blushes a little.

Tara steps closer, "That it is," she meets Willow's green eyes. "Night."

"Night," she whispers as she leans forward just as Tara does and their lips meet in a gentle kiss.

The blonde pulls back not wanting to rush anything. "See you tomorrow."

"Oh-oh-we can feed the ducks too-"

Tara smiles, "I'll bring the bread."

"Tara?" Willow asks softly. The blonde smiles at her and moves back in, Willow smiles before closing the last of the space and they kiss again. Willow is more sure this time and smiles, leaning her forehead against Tara's when she pulls away. "Sweet dreams."

"Yeah-pretty sure they will be," Tara says with a smile and a slight blush. "Be careful going home."

Willow nods, "I will." She steps away from Tara.

"Call me so I know you're safe?"

Willow nods and watches the blonde shut the door before she goes down the hallway and then outside.

Outside the dorm she walks the path that leads to Stevenson Hall and home. She has only gone a few hundred yards when she hears someone behind her-she shrieks, startled as she feels a hand on her shoulder. Then composes herself to try to bluff the demon-y being. "I'm a powerful witch-I'll-"

"Will-relax its just me." Buffy says with a smile. "You know bodyguard for hire."

"Oh-yeah-that, I forgot-" she blushes.

Buffy moves beside her and they walk towards home. "I saw the hand holding-so guessing it was a good date?"

"The best-" she smiles.

"And the goodnight took a while-" Buffy grins as she watches Willow blush at her words. "So there was more date planning?"

"Right-planning, we're going on a picnic tomorrow."

"And kissing?" Buffy asks with a teasing tone and a raised eyebrow.

"Just-just good night-hey-" Willow pouts. "Hey you tricked me-"

Buffy smiles and puts an arm around her friend's shoulder. "Good night kisses are nice."

Willow smiles, "Yeah-nice." She glances back toward Tara's dorm. "How long before noon?"

Buffy giggles and looks at the big clock tower, "Eleven hours and forty-seven minutes."

"That's too long-" she pouts.

Buffy rolls her eyes, "We can pick out your outfit and then, there'll be sleeping-it'll be noon before you know it."

"Oh and I have to fix food-and get a basket and-" she growls playfully, "Eleven hours and forty-six minutes-not enough time." She begins to walk faster. "Can we stop at the all night deli?"

"If you want-" smiles Buffy.

"Oh goody!" Willow quickens her pace.

In Tara's dorm room the phone rings and the blonde picks it up with a smile, "Home already Will?"

"Will-who's Will?" Asks her father

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:32 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky Dibs yyyyyyyyyyypppppppppeeeeeeeeeee another update! I love the way it flows and the innocence of both of them is so sweet as I read I realise that I relate to Tara so much like dating a boy to make her father happy even though she like girls been there done that not good. Buffy is well writen because your strait friends don,t understand but because thay are true friends thay stand beside you no matter what . :luv :kitty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:57 am 
3. Flaming O

Yay! Still liking this fic. It was going all so well, until... You left us at a clifhanger! :shy This calls for a new update very soon! :pray

Hannah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:06 am 
9. Gay Now

Loving it. Sweet stories about the girls in college always get me. Of course, angst is always fun too. Tara with a daughter, awkward dates =). And let's not forget... "Will-who's Will?" Asks her father.

I have a sneaking suspicion of what's going to happen, but I'll keep it a secret =). Amazing job, can't wait to read the next chapter.

~Sara :peace

Find out in Speak Easy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:29 pm 
3. Flaming O

Great story! What's Tara gonna tell her father! I can't wait to read more!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:03 am 
3. Flaming O

Thanks for the reviews and the kind words. Hope you like this chapter-let me know what you think.

Chapter 3

Decisions

The picnic is a little quiet until a nervous Willow decides to speak, "Tara is something wrong?"

"N-no-" she tries to brush it off but the redhead sees right through it.

She smiles a little half smile, concern in her eyes- "Talk to me Tara cause that no sounded a lot like yes."

Their eyes meet, "M-my dad called last night-" says the blonde softly.

"Is Ella okay?"

"She's fine-it's just I thought it was you and now he-"

Willow finishes, "He's all eeeee?" She asks.

"No-he-he's happy," she looks away.

Willow looks at Tara totally confused. "He's happy that you're seeing a girl? I thought he didn't-"

Tara speaks softly as she looks back at the redhead, "He thinks you're a guy and he-he wants to meet you. He said to-to bring you to the party."

Willow looks nervously from the girl to the blanket she is sitting on, then to her fingers as they pick at the fringe at the end of the material. "Meeting your dad-Tara I don't know if-" Willow starts.

"And I wouldn't ask you-" Tara finishes for her. "It-it's just-he was all- and I told him you'd come-I didn't mean it just slipped out and now-" she stops as tears try to fall. "I messed everything up."

"No," Willow takes her hand and squeezes it, "It's not till Wednesday right?" Tara nods. "So, lots of time to figure something out-" Tara tries to smile at the girl's words as she pushes the tears away. Willow smiles at the blonde. "Let's go feed the ducks."

Tara smiles at her words and her ability to make her feel better with them, "Maybe we'll see the little ones?"

Willow nods as she stands and reaches her hand out. Tara takes it and stands beside her. "I hope-I like the little ones. Maybe I'll get Ella a duck for her birthday."

As they start to walk hand-in hand towards the edge of the pond Tara smiles, "Will, you know I can't have a duck in my dorm room right?"

The redhead's smile fades but then reappears, "You could, if you didn't get caught."

Tara giggles a little. Then her face turns serious, "I'm not sure I can have Ella in my room."

"I didn't think about that-" Willow looks unsure. "I guess we should talk to someone."

Tara nods, "I'll do that tomorrow."

Later that night Willow is sitting in her pajamas, on her bed. She looks toward the door as it opens and Buffy comes in. "You're not asleep."

She shakes her head, "I tried-I couldn't."

"Tara?"

This time she nods, "Her dad-he wants to meet me."

Buffy smiles, "That's cool."

"Not so much. He thinks-well-she calls me Will sometimes and now he thinks-" she stops and looks at her fingers as they pick at the sleeves on her top.

Buffy's eyes go large as she puts it together, "Oh!-He thinks you're a-" Willow nods before she finishes, "And let me guess, he isn't gonna be happy?"

"I'm thinking no cause Tara was kinda freaked-"

"Hey, don't worry it's like impossible not to like you," she smiles.

The redhead smiles and Buffy thinks she's helped until she hears the words, "Xander-Xander can be Will!" She blurts out excitedly, her hands flapping as she starts to the phone.

Buffy looks at her friend unsure and moves to stop her, "It's kinda late Wills-maybe you should wait till morning."

Willow looks at the large red numbers of the clock that reads 2:07- "Oh-well okay-yeah-oopsy." She blushes as she sits back down.

The next morning Willow, Buffy, Xander and Anya are at Giles house. The man evaded by the teens has slipped out unnoticed. "No!" Exclaims Anya, "He's my boyfriend, she can just go find her own."

The redhead glares at the ex-demon and then turns to her friend, "Please? Just this one little thing and I'll owe you big."

He hesitates and then speaks to the redhead as his hands go to her shoulders to stop her movement, "Willow, I just don't think it's a good idea-I'll mess up. What if I don't answer when he calls me Will-or worse what if I say no I'm Xander? I'm so not good with the tricking."

Anya adds, "And again, he's my boyfriend!"

The words earn her another glare from the agitated redhead, "It's not like they're gonna start dating-she doesn't even like boys." She stops, her eyes go big as she realizes her slip. Anya looks at her not sure as Buffy's eyes match the redhead's.

Xander slowly begins to put the pieces together. "She doesn't?" He asks and as he does she pulls away from him and runs from the room.

Anya asks, "Hmmm, that's new right? Willow being a lesbian?" Buffy looks at the ex-demon and Xander leaves the room to find his friend.

Outside in Giles's garden, Willow sits with tears streaming down her cheeks. Xander walks out and she tries to brush them away as he sits next to her. "I'm sorry," she says softly.

"Sorry?" He asks not sure what's she's sorry about.

"I didn't mean-telling you like that, it wasn't suppose to be like that-" she starts to babble.

"How was it suppose to be Willow?" He asks trying to give her the chance to do it over the way she wanted.

"I was gonna take you for mochas-and it was gonna be all planned out and there was gonna be question time and-" Xander smiles at the thought of questions. "What?" She asks confused.

"Can there still be questions?" He raises a playful eyebrow.

She blushes as she realizes where his mind has gone. "Not those kinds of questions." She swats at him playfully.

He smiles then asks, "Are you dating?" Willow nods. "How long?"

"Friday-since Friday."

"And you're sure you're-" he stops not sure how to finish without sounding accusatory.

"Gay?" He nods and she shrugs. "I know I like her and I know how she makes me feel, so-" she nods. "Maybe-" She pauses nervously. "Are we okay?"

He smiles and nods, "Definitely, no worries."

Willow pouts, "Except for the whole meeting her dad part."

"I can't do that Willow-" he says.

"I know-it's okay." The pout remains.

Later that night a restless Willow tosses and turns in her bed as she dreams. The dream seems harmless enough, she and Tara stand outside the door to the blonde's childhood home. "Tara-" she whispers.

The blonde whispers back, "It'll be okay." Willow nods and Tara knocks on the door. As it opens her worst fear is realized, "Will-this is my dad."

As the redhead looks at the creature in front of her she sees a giant frog-its face and features green and creepy. As it hops away with a disgusted look she begins to wake up. "Froggy Dad-" Buffy moves to sit on the edge of Willow's bed.

"Willow wake up-" she says as she touches her shoulder. Willow's eyes open.

"Buffy-is there a demon?" She asks still not functioning completely.

"No-you were having a bad dream."

Willow nods, "He was a frog-" she says.

"Who?" Buffy asks confused.

"Tara's dad-a big hoppy frog," she makes a face as she shivers a little.

"I have an idea-" Buffy says with a smile. Willow looks confused. "A guy to be Will-" her smile gets bigger as Willow is suddenly awake and listening intently.

"Oh-who-I mean-there's only Giles and Xander-Xander said no-and well Giles-" she shivers again.

"Riley-" Buffy says simply.

"Riley-" Willow seems to think about the idea. "Riley?" Buffy nods. "You think he'd do it?"

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind." Buffy assures. Willow smiles.

"Normally I wouldn't mind, but I'll be gone-" he says the next day when Buffy talks to him.

"Gone? Gone where?-When?"

"I can't say-" he says.

"Some secret hush hush government mission huh?" He just nods. "When were you gonna tell me?"

"I just found out today so I planning to tell you over a nice dinner." He smiles.

"Nice dinner?" Buffy raises an eyebrow, "With candles and stuffy waiters?"

"Exactly-" he smiles. She leans in and kisses him softly. "I'll make reservations." He starts to move away but she holds his shirt.

"Not just yet," she says with a smile as she pulls him back to her and then kisses him again.

Later that night in Tara's room she and Willow are sitting on the bed talking. Tara looks nervously into the redhead's eyes. "Are you sure?"

Willow nods, "I-I-am. I want-" she says as Tara touches her cheek with her hand.

"You sure you don't need more time? It-it's a big s-step."

"Big yeah-but I know I want-" Willow starts and the blonde smiles as she leans in and kisses her softly. "We don't have to stay long right?"

"Right-just the party and the packing and we come home." Tara assures the girl.

"Okay-right-piece of cake." She forces another nervous smile.

Tara smiles as she takes Willow's hand, "Then thanks to you, my daughter will be here with me." She leans in and kisses her again chastely. "Thank you."

Willow fights tears but smiles, "I didn't-I mean I just-I'm good with schedules and organizing stuff."

"It's more then fixing the schedule, it's helping watch her." Tara's bottom lip trembles as her tears start.

Willow kisses them away then speaks, "It'll be fun, I can't wait to meet her."

Tara smiles as more tears fall. She puts her hands on Willow's cheeks and then pulls her into a kiss-this one different then those before as she presses a little more firmly and begins to move them against the redhead's. After a slight hesitation Willow follows her lead, her lips moving in sync with Tara's. Finally they pull apart, foreheads leaned together. They struggle slightly for air but both smile nervously each with a little blush. "That was nice," Tara whispers softly.

"Mmm-nice," she leans in again and another kiss begins.

Finally it's Wednesday-Tara and Willow are on the road early for the trip to the blonde's childhood home. They travel in strained, nervous silence for a long time. Each worry about something different, but they worry just the same. Willow looks at the blonde driving and speaks softly, "How much farther?"

"A-about an hour. You doing okay?" Her hand laces with the redhead's.

"He's gonna hate me-I don't like it when people hate me." She looks toward the witch.

"It'll be okay. He won't make a scene in front of the others."

"Others?" Her green eyes go wide with fear. "You-you didn't say anything about others." The babble begins, "What others? Who-I -Tara-"

"Relax okay-breath," Willow tries to do what the girl asks. "M-my brother Donny and m-my cousin Beth and probably a few friends-you know with their kids."

Willow looks near panic, "I can't do this-s-stop the car-stop-stop."

Tara pulls the car to the side of the road and stops it. She watches as Willow opens her door and gets out. When the redhead closes it Tara gets out as well. She moves around to the girl's side to find Willow leaning against the car there, tears falling from her eyes. "It's okay-" Tara says softly trying to calm her.

"Tara I can't-" tears fall harder.

Tara moves in front of her and presses her lips to younger girl's forehead as she puts her hands on her shoulders. "Then you don't have to-I'll take you back." She puts her hands on her cheeks stroking them gently with her thumbs.

"No-then you'll miss the party. You can't miss her birthday party." She tries to stop the tears, "Besides I wanna meet her."

Tara leans her forehead against Willow's and quietly listens to more Willowbabble as she states why she can't go but why she wants to. Finally Tara speaks, as she looks into green eyes, "What do you wanna do sweetie?"

"I-I wanna go with you."

Tara waits for the but--when it doesn't follow she smiles a little, "You sure?" The redhead nods. "Will?"

"I'm-I'm sure." She kisses her lips softly, her hands holding both sides of the blonde's jacket. "Let's go get Ella." She forces a brave smile.

Later they pull into the driveway of the farmhouse. Willow takes a deep breath and Tara smiles. "We can do this."

"I know," Willow nods and opens the door. As they get out of the car and after getting Ella's presents they start towards the house together.

When they reach the door Tara opens it as she does a small blue-eyed blonde runs toward her. "Mama!" She yells with a smile as she jumps up and into Tara's arms. The blonde holds her daughter tightly. Behind them Willow smiles. Her heart happy for the mother and child. "Who's that Mama?" Asks the little blonde.

Tara turns to the redhead, and the child turns in her arms. "Ella-" she stands her on the floor in front of her. She smiles at Willow as she kneels next to her daughter. "This is a friend of mine-her names Willow." She pauses, "And Willow this is my Ella." She looks up and into green eyes to see them smiling down at her.

Willow moves her eyes to Ella, "Hi-" she says softly as she too kneels down.

Ella steps toward her, "I like your hair, it's very pretty."

The redhead smiles, "Thank you. I like your eyes, they're blue like your mama's." She holds a package towards the girl. "This is for you."

Ella smiles, "A present." She is excited.

"I heard it was your birthday," She smiles even more as she relaxes.

Ella nods, "Wanna see my cake?" She reaches her hand forward and takes Willow's.

Willow looks at Tara to see her smiling at the two of them, "Cake is my favorite." She stands but still holds Ella's hand. Tara takes the other as she stands as well.

As the three of them start to the kitchen a man walks in. "Dad-" Tara says.

"Tara-" he almost smiles but it leaves instantly as he sees Willow. The young woman is suddenly nervous again.

"Dad this is Willow," she pauses and speaks again. "Will-this is my dad."

"Hi-" says the girl softly.

He glares at her and turns his attention to his daughter, "I thought things had changed.-I see now they haven't."

Tara gets scared as well, but she fights it away for the girls in her life. Willow surprises her by speaking, "So-" she looks at the little girl, the blonde and then the man. "Where's the party?" She asks innocently as her eyes settle on the child. The man turns to leave and they follow together.

At the party Willow watches as the little blonde looks at the candles on the cake. "Make a wish little one," Tara says softly as she stands next to her child.

"All wished," she says proudly.

"Now blow'em out." Tara tells her.

Willow smiles a huge smile as she watches mother and daughter together.

Ella blows as hard as she can and the three candles flicker but then go out. Tara hugs her, "Way to go my baby girl. Now you get your wish."

Ella looks a little sad, "Granpa says I can't."

"Can't-sure you can," assures Willow. "It's a birthday rule-you blow out your candles you get a wish."

Ella looks at her mama who nods and then at her grandfather who looks angry. "Don't get her hopes up Tara, you know what she wants and it's not possible."

"Anything you want," Tara says to the girl.

"Anything?" Asks Ella. Those around the table begin to feel the tension. Tara nods and smiles. "Can I come live with you?"

Tara smile broadens and a few tears escape, "Absolutely." She hugs her tightly.

"Really?" Ella asks.

"Really," her mama answers. She looks up as her dad storms out of the room. She looks to Willow but relaxes as she sees the redhead smile.

"When can I go?" Asks Ella.

Tara looks at the child unsure of the question, her mind on the angry man. "What sweetie?"

Willow answer for her, "Tonight," she smiles as she watches Ella hug her mama tighter still.

Later after the other partygoers have gone Tara and her family sit around the table. A scared Ella is curled in her mama's lap the yelling making her really nervous. Willow is sitting at her side and without thinking she takes the little girl's hand.

"You can't be serious." Donny says loudly.

Beth adds, "You can't take care of her, you don't know the first thing."

Nervously Tara speaks, "I-I am and I-I can. She's coming back with me."

Donny moves closer to her his fists clinched in anger. Willow looks at him and start to stand but at Mr. Maclay's orders he sits down. "Tara you know the rules-if you take her and then can't care for her-well you'll have to find someone else."

"I know-but we'll be fine," she tightens her hold on her daughter.

"This is ridiculous, why would you think now is any different?" Tara looks toward Willow and they both look at the man. He shakes his head, "I see-it won't be you taking care of her at all. It'll be your-" his eyes fill with anger and disgust.

Willow looks at him as well and she too is getting angry but she is able to control it, "Mr. Maclay Tara wants Ella with her and Ella she wants to be with her mama, I'll help her all I can."

He looks at his daughter, "And when she's gone Tara-gone like the others what becomes of Ella then?"

Tara begins to cry and as she does Willow takes her hand. "No matter what-even if-I'll still help you. I promise."

"How touching," Beth chides, "Lies of course."

The redhead's temper flares and she stands to face the woman. "You don't know me-you have no right to judge me or Tara-anyone." She glares at the woman but then takes a breath to calm herself. "Tara why don't Ella and I pack?" Tara nods and lets Willow take her from her arms.

Ella looks at her mama, "It's okay baby."

Willow smiles at the little girl, "Show me your room ." Ella points and Willow goes that direction.

When they have gone Tara stands and looks at her family. "It doesn't have to be like this. You could still be a part of her life. She loves you all."

Her father speaks, "We will have no part of your life-now go."

"Dad-" she tries again but the man turns away. Tara walks out of the room and toward her daughter's.

Donny speaks once she is gone, "Just like that? You let her take her just like that? Do you know how much money we lose if-"

Mr. Maclay simply raises his hand and his son stops all protests.

They have been driving for a while, the redhead behind the wheel when Tara speaks through tears. "Why can't he-" she stops and Willow laces her fingers with the blonde's. Tara continues, "Why can't he accept me for who I am?"

Willow looks from the blonde beside her, then back to the road. "People are-they don't want to understand-they want to be all grrr-but you can't let that-" she pauses and orders her words. "You're the best person I know."

Tara squeezes her hand, "I feel like the worst." She looks back at her daughter sleeping in her car seat. "I just took her away from her whole life.-How can that be good? How can I be good?"

"It's good because now she has a new life-a better life with you." Willow kisses her hand.

"What if I can't-I've never-" Tara's tears fall again.

"You can-we can-together." Willow assures her.

"It's not fair to you-you shouldn't have to-"

Willow interrupts her, "I don't have to, I want to."

Tara smiles at the redhead and Willow smiles back. Willow looks in the mirror again at the sleeping child and then back to the road. The words enter Tara's mind and before there is thought they slip out, "It would be so easy to fall in love with you." Tara's hand covers her mouth and her eyes go wide. She can't believe what she just heard herself say. Her hair covers her face as she blushes. She feels the car slow then pull to the side of the road. The blonde waits. She waits for what she knows will happen next.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:19 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky Dibs It is hard enough on a relationship in the beginning with just the two of them but with a child it is hardest but the best things in life are hard if it was easy then everyone would do it. It takes a special kind of people to put someone else in front of themself. There is one word to decribe what I am trying to say ( L O V E ) keep it up my friend :kitty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:26 pm 
3. Flaming O

Great Job! Yeah for Ella and Tara! I hope they get a happy life and Willow is there to help her! Great story i can't wait to read more! :party

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:03 pm 
3. Flaming O

This story is so cute. I hope everything works out for Ella

Post subject: Finding What you weren't Looking For (Update 2/2)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:01 pm 
3. Flaming O

Chapter 4

Realizations

Willow's mind processes the words and she looks at the woman next to her, "Tara?" The redhead says softly, but the blonde still stares out the window. "Tara?"

Tara finally looks at her, "I'm-I'm s-sorry. I-I- w-wasn't-" she stutters.

Willow interrupts, "You could?" Willow asks a little nervously. Tara nods slowly and the redhead begins to smile. "Tara-" she starts but the blonde doesn't let her finish.

"It's too s-soon an-and I know I-I'm being all rushy-I didn't-I sh-shouldn't-"

"Tara-" Willow tries again but again the blonde interrupts.

"J-just forget I-" she begins but it ends when Willow leans in and kisses her softly.

All talk stops as lips touch soft lips. They stay pressed together gently. When the redhead finally pulls back Tara looks at her unsure. "I thought I was the only one who-" Willow says simply as she smiles. Tara smiles slowly as understanding follows. Tara leans in and initiates another kiss, lips begin to move together, opening and closing. Finally they pull apart, the need for air overriding the need the kiss causes. "Wow-" whispers the redhead breathlessly.

"Yeah-with you there." She bites on her bottom lip and smiles when she sees Willow do the same. Tara reaches across and strokes her cheek. "I don't wanna rush you Will-I know how new this all is and it can be overwhelming."

"Not overwhelmed-" she smiles. "Well-okay maybe a little by the kiss." She grins. Tara relaxes and smiles back. They both look toward the back and the sleeping child. "We should-" she looks back at the road. The blonde nods and the driving begins again but this time with Tara's hand firmly in Willow's.

Later they walk into the blonde's dorm room to find a child's bed assembled in the corner. Above it on the wall are wooden letters that read 'Ella'. Tara stops and smiles at the redhead. "How?"

"Buffy and I-well-I thought-" she becomes nervous-afraid she's overstepped her boundaries. "It-it's a present for the birthdays I missed."

"Will I can't-you can't afford-" she starts but the woman stops her.

"I can an-and I wanted...okay?" She looks into her blue eyes.

After a few seconds Tara nods, "Okay-" she moves across the room and lays Ella on the bed. She smiles as she looks down at her daughter and brushes her blonde hair from her eyes.

Willow watches and then gets nervous again as she feels as though she is intruding on a private moment. "I-I'll let you get settled." Tara looks up at her. "Call me tomorrow?"

Tara walks back to her, "Absolutely," she takes her redhead's hand-together they walk to the door. "I couldn't have done this without you Willow." She hugs her.

"Yes you could have Tare-" she assures, pulling back enough to meet her eyes.

"I was too scared," she admits.

"Now you don't have to be," she leans back in and they share a soft kiss. "Not of anything ever."

Tears start to glisten in soft blue eyes and Willow pulls her tighter. "Thank you," Tara whispers.

Willow presses her lips to the blonde's temple. "You're welcome," she whispers back and then they are kissing again. This kiss is just as chaste. "Night," she says with a little smile.

"Night," the blonde witch whispers back. They kiss again and then the redhead goes quietly from the room. Tara watches her down the hallway then closes the door. She walks back to her daughter and sits down next to her.

Ella's eyes flutter open, "Mama," she looks around. "Where are we?"

Tara smiles as she brushes at her child's hair, "Home baby girl, home."

"Home," smiles the sleepy child as her eyes close again.

The next morning Ella is awake but still in her pajamas as she sits on her mama's bed. "You have to go?" She asks her words are a little sad.

"Just for a little while. Mama forgot about her study group-but Willow is coming over and the two of you are going to breakfast." She watches her daughter as she smiles at the redhead's name, "Won't that be fun?"

Ella nods, "But you'll be back?-"

"After my study group is over and we'll go to lunch and the library and find a picture book okay?"

"Okay Mama." Ella smiles.

"Good girl." She kisses her on the forehead. There is a knock on the door and Tara looks at Ella, "Wanna answer it?" Ella nods and Tara smiles. "Just remember to ask who it is."

The little girl goes to the door, "Who is it?"

"It's me Willow," you can hear the smile in her words. Ella looks at her mama who nods, the little girl reaches up as high as she can and slowly turns the knob of the door. She smiles at Willow when she sees her. "Morning Ella," the redhead smiles back.

"Hi-" she says softly her hair veiling her face, as she becomes shy just like her mama. Willow smiles even bigger at the sight. "Come in." The little girl adds.

Willow walks inside and smiles as she watches Tara grab her books and put them into her backpack. She crosses to the blonde and hands her a paper bag. "Morning," she says softly.

"Morning," returns Tara. "What's this?"

"Breakfast," she smiles.

"Thank you," she smiles her crooked half smile. "And thanks for watching Ella-I forgot all about the study group today."

"It's okay-" she smiles at the woman and then at the child. "We're gonna have fun-right Ella?"

Ella nods though not really sure. Tara kisses her daughter, "Be good." Ella nods again. The blonde looks at the redhead, "I gotta run-"

"I know-go-don't worry about us."

She kisses Ella again, "See you soon and d-don't eat too many pancakes," she says with a wink. Ella giggles and Tara smiles. She moves to the door and Willow goes with her. She kisses the other woman softly-out of Ella line of vision, "Bye."

"Bye Tara," she sees her nervousness. "We're gonna have a good day-so get outta here," she says with a smile.

"I know you will I just wish I were having it with you."

"Tomorrow," she redhead assures.

Tara waves at them, "Bye Mama," says Ella.

"Bye sweetie-Mama loves you."

"I love you," she answers as her mama closes the door leaving her alone in the room with Willow.

Willow looks at the child, "Pancakes huh?"

Ella nods, "I like pancakes-you don't?" Her eyes drop down.

"No, they're my favorite too. I know a place," she smiles, lifts Ella's chin and holds out her hand. Ella takes it and they start towards the door.

At the door Ella stops, "Willow do I get to wear my pajamas?"

Willow giggles, "Silly me-we better find you some clothes." Ella nods and they move to the dresser.

Later when Tara returns she finds the pair sitting in her bed side by side. Ella is leaning against Willow's side as the redhead reads to her. "Mama!" Ella scrambles from the bed and across the room, into her mama's arms. Willow grins and waves from the bed as she watches them together. Tara picks up her daughter and carries her to the bed and sits down next to Willow.

"How was breakfast?" Tara asks.

"Yummy," Willow answers.

Tara smiles, "And I see she talked you into reading to her."

Willow smiles, "It didn't take much talking-you know me and the books."

"She likes books and pancakes too Mama, just like us." Ella nods.

"That's very lucky for us then isn't it?" Ella nods and a little yawn escapes. "Looks like someone needs a nap."

"I'm not tired Mama-" she tries as another yawn spreads over her face.

Willow smiles and fakes a little yawn of her own. "I am."

"Me too," Tara says. "Why don't we all have a little nap? Then after, we can have lunch and go to the library."

"Or maybe even the bookstore," Willow says with a smile.

Ella looks from one woman to the other, "Really?" Both woman nod. "Are you gonna nap with me and Mama?"

Willow looks at the child and then the child's mother-before looking at the bed and back at Tara. The blonde speaks, "You could, and then you wouldn't have to walk from your room here. That would give you more book time." She teases with a lopsided grin.

"Okay-you talked me into it," she smiles. To the surprise of both, Ella hugs the redhead and then her mother before climbing into her own bed. Tara smiles at the look of amazement on Will's face and gets up to tuck her daughter in.

Later, Ella sleeps. Willow and Tara lie on the blonde's bed. They each stare at the ceiling a little nervously making sure not to touch each other. "Will?"

"What Tara-did I do-" she starts to move farther away.

Tara takes her hand to stop her, "Willow it's okay, it's just sleeping together-not sl-sleeping together." She blushes as the words stop. "In the same bed not-to-together together." She turns more red with the explanation.

Willow grins and blushes a little too, "I know it's just-I don't want you to think that I'm trying to-" she stops and looks down.

Tara turns onto her side to face the redhead, "Hey, I know." Willow slowly turns to face her. Tara touches her cheek with her hand. "Nice and slow remember-not with the pushing, so if this is too much tell me."

"It-it's not, it's hard to-being here like this- I'm afraid I'll forget the slow part." Willow blushes as she says the words.

Tara smiles, "Yeah-I understand." She caresses her cheek again. Willow leans into her touch and her eyes flutter closed. "Would it be okay if I hold you?"

"I'd like that," the redhead smiles. She turns her back to Tara and slowly the blonde spoons around her, her arms wrap around Willow's waist.

"Okay?" Asks Tara.

"It's nice," she smiles, her eyes closed as she relaxes into the blonde.

Tara holds the redhead and watches her daughter sleep, she too drifts off thinking how lucky she is.

A week later Tara, Willow and Ella sit in the park on a blanket. They have just finished lunch. Willow turns and stretches out on the blanket lying beside Tara who sits next to her little girl. "Mmm-tummy's all full," smiles the redhead.

Tara smiles, "Could have been the third chocolaty brownie."

"Could maybe have been-possibly," she smiles.

Ella looks up at her mama waiting for them talking to stop. "Mama can we go swing?"

Tara looks at her little girl and then the redhead, "Will?"

"Sounds fun." She rolls over onto her tummy. "I'll watch from here."

Tara smiles knowing the girl will be sleeping in minutes. She touches her face softly, "We won't be long."

She stands, but before Ella does she kisses Willow's cheek. "Naptime for Will-" she smiles.

"No, no naps I'm just gonna lay here and watch my girls." The words are out before she realizes and she looks quickly to Tara and sees her surprise but then her smile. The redhead relaxes. "Be careful." She says as they walk away.

Another week passes and classes are getting crazy as midterms approach. Ella sits on the bed with a baby doll playing quietly as Tara tries to study. The child puts the doll down and looks at the books and papers that surround the woman on the bed. "Can we go to the park?" She asks already knowing the answer.

"Not today baby girl Mama has to study."

"Couldn't you study in the park?" She asks, her blue eyes begging her mom.

Tara smiles slowly, "I guess I could."

Ella smiles, "Really?"

"Just for a little while-"

"Three slides and then the swing?" Ella offers.

"No merry-go-round?"

Ella shakes her head, "It makes my tummy icky-" she makes a face.

She smiles at the child's use of a Willow-word. "Then definitely no merry-go-round."

She stands and gathers her books. She points to the clock-"When the little hand gets to the 3 and the big hand gets to the top, we have to come home."

"What time is that?"

"Three o'clock-" answers Tara. Ella slides from her bed and gets her favorite new book; the one Willow bought her. "Don't think we'll need the book with all the sliding and swinging sweetie."

"We might-I could read it while you study."

Tara smiles at her words. "Okay-want me to put it with mine?" Ella nods and hands her the book. Tara smiles again as she realizes it is one Willow bought her. She puts the books into her backpack and they start to the door.

As they walk down the hallway and out the door Tara feels like someone is watching them. She looks around quickly but doesn't see anyone. She shakes the feeling away and they start hand-in-hand to the park. Behind them a woman watches, she writes on a notepad before going into the building.

That night Tara still studies as Ella sleeps. She hears a soft knock on the door and she walks to it. She puts her hand on the knob, "W-who is it?"

"Me," answers the redhead her voice soft.

Smiling Tara opens the door. "Hey-I thought you were studying?"

"I was, but now I'm all finished and thought I'd bring you a present." She smiles.

Tara grins but then speaks, "I don't need presents all the time Willow."

"Just this one little one?" Asks the redhead, a pretend pout on her lips.

"Just this one," concedes Tara.

Willow smiles and brings her hand from behind her back. She holds the mocha towards the blonde. "Chocolaty goodness."

Tara smiles, "Thank you." She takes a sip as she motions Willow in and closes the door. Willow looks at her with a smile as she takes another drink. Tara notices Willow is mocha free. "You didn't get one?"

"I did-it just disappeared before I got it here." She grins sheepishly.

"You drank it all?" Asks the blonde.

Willow blushes and nods, "It was just so yummy."

"I'll share if you want." Tara looks at her and takes another drink.

The redhead shakes her head, "No-that one's yours."

Tara steps closer and kisses the witch gently. Willow's tongue snakes out and licks Tara's bottom lip, "Mmm-chocolate-and Tara- all my favorites." She blushes a little at her admission. Tara smiles and leans in to kiss her again. The kiss deepens, tongues explore mouths first one and then the other before they finally pull away needing air. With foreheads leaned together they both smile as they try to slow their breathing. Tara touches her lips to Willow's again as her arms slip around the redhead's waist and bring the woman closer. Willow's arms wrap around Tara's neck as this kiss turns as heated as the last. Willow moans softly, as the blonde's tentative hands begin to caress her back. "Tara-" she breathes out between kisses.

Hearing her name Tara stills her hands and is a little surprised as Willow's head rests on her shoulder. She presses her lips there and whispers, "Sorry, got a little carried away."

"Carried away was nice," she looks up and smiles.

"Yeah?" Tara asks with a shy smile of her own.

"Yeah-can we get carried away again?" Their eyes meet and Tara glances at the sleeping child

As her eyes return to the redhead she smiles a little and nods. She leans in and kisses Willow again. Tara backs toward her bed bringing the redhead with her. When the back of her knees bump it she breaks the kiss and with a heaving chest she whispers to her, "You okay?"

Willow nods as she tries to slow her racing heart and labored breathing, "I'm good."

Tara grins, "Wouldn't argue that," a small blush creeps onto her face and Willow grins too. The blonde sits on the bed and looks up at the redhead. Without a word she guides Willow onto her lap. Willow looks at her nervously, but then relaxes as she sees her blonde's soft nervous smile. "Still okay?" She asks as her fingers touch the redhead's cheek.

After a nod and a little smile, she speaks in a whisper, "Tara-go out with me."

Tara smiles, "Thought we had been going out?"

"I mean a real date," she bites her bottom lip.

"Meaning a date that doesn't include Ella?" She gets suddenly nervous.

Willow looks unsure, "No-no that's not what I mean." Tara relaxes a little as she waits for an explanation. "I mean a real restaurant-"

The blonde grins as she interrupts, "Not McDonald's?"

"No, a place with real table clothes and maybe some music?" Willow smiles.

Tara nods, "Okay."

Willow smiles, "Okay?"

Tara nods again, "Okay." Willow leans in and kisses her softly before her hands slide into long blonde hair. "When?"

"Friday night? We can celebrate the end of midterms?"

"Sounds fun," she presses a kiss to the redhead's lips. Soon they are lost in each other again. Hands begin to explore backs and soft moans float in the air as Ella's eyes flutter open. She watches the redhead and her mama unsure at first, but then a smile crosses her face as her eyes close again.

The next morning Tara is helping Ella get dressed, "I can Mama." She says softly as little fingers begin to work the buttons on her shirt.

Tara watches with a proud smile. "Getting to be a big girl." She kisses her on top of the head. The little girl gets her jeans and teeters as she tries to stand on one leg to slip them on. "Try sitting down first," Tara offers as she smiles. Ella sits on her bed and puts her feet in the leg holes one at a time and as her feet appear at the ends the blonde says softly, "Now stand up and pull them."

Ella does just that and looks up at her Mama with a smile, "I did it!" Says the three year old excitedly.

Tara smiles, "Look at you." She hugs her daughter. "Ready for breakfast?"

She nods, "Is Willow coming too?"

The blonde smiles and nods. "Oh-shoes we almost forgot them."

Ella giggles and goes to pick them up. When she does she returns to sit on her bed. Tara kneels in front of her and after her daughter puts them on the wrong feet and then the right ones, she begins to tie them. "Mama?"

Tara looks up as she ties the last one. "Yeah sweetie."

"Why were you kissing Willow?"

Tara's face shows surprise, then worry, then a soft smile. "Someone wasn't asleep last night."

"No-I was. I just woke up."

"And saw kissing," Tara blushes a little as the girl nods. "Well I like Will." A pause and still a smile as she tries to think of words to explain it to the little girl. "And she likes me." Another pause. "An-and when you like someone sometimes there's kissing."

"Oh okay," smiles the little one.

Before Tara can continue there is a knock on the door. Ella jumps up and runs to it, "Who is it?" She asks as she tiptoes to reach the knob.

"It's me 'L'-" comes a soft smiling voice.

The girl pulls the door open and Willow steps inside then closes it. "Anyone here want pancakes?" She asks with a smile.

"Me-I do!" Ella smiles.

Willow picks her up and as she holds her in her arms Ella kisses her. Tara looks surprised as does the redhead. The child looks at the adults, "I like her too," she says simply and Tara can't help but giggle.

Willow looks a little confused and realizes she's missed a conversation of some importance, "I'll explain later," assures the blonde as she kisses the redhead on the lips. As she pulls back Willow smiles. "Okay?"

"Okay," she hugs the blonde to her, Ella still in her arms. The three stand there together. The grown ups smile at each other, their eyes locked-blue on green, before they both look at the child.

"What's wrong Mama?" Asks Ella.

"Nothing baby girl." She smiles.

"Why is it all quiet then?"

Willow smiles and begins to tickle her and Tara joins in. Soon they lay on the floor in a pile, Ella giggling as she and the redhead tickle her mama. Tara tries to get away from tickling fingers but can't.

Later after breakfast and lunch, but before dinner-Ella naps in her bed. Willow and Tara lie in each others arms talking softly. "Sh-she ah saw us kissing," Tara admits with a blush.

"She's seen us kiss before," Willow says softly.

"Yeah true but last night's kissing was different than what she normally sees."

Willow blushes, "That's true too." She considers the situation. "So, we'll just be more careful."

"No, that's not what I'm saying. We just-she might ask you questions. I wanted you to know that's all. Nothing has to change." She leans in and kisses her gently, almost chastely.

Willow looks into her eyes, "It does." Tara looks unsure but she waits for the redhead to continue. "I want it to." She swallows noticeably.

"Willow are you saying that you want to-" Tara stops as her face turns red.

"No-not yet, but more-" she admits also with a little blush. "There could-could be touching."

Tara smiles and leans in to kiss her again. Lips meet in a soft kiss that gets instantly more heated. Lips move together, opening and closing-then Tara's tongue licks across Willow's bottom lip as she open them for the blonde's tongue to slide inside and caress hers. Willow's hands tangle in Tara's hair as they both moan softly.

Pulling apart for air Tara leans her forehead on Willow's, "I think that Friday we should get a sitter for Ella."

Willow looks into her eyes trying to focus on the words, "We promised she could come with us-she'll be disappointed."

"Just for after dinner." Tara smiles and touches her lips to Willow's cheek.

"I'll ask Buffy," says the redhead in a whisper. Tara nods and smiles as they lean into another kiss.

Buffy smiles a little mischievous smile, and as she does Willow blushes bright red. "It's not what you think?"

"So there won't be making out?" Buffy asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, okay there will be making out-I think, I hope, I mean I've never so-" she lets her words die nervously.

"First, I'm pretty sure making out is making out, no big differences and second, you sure you're ready?"

Willow nods, "Definitely ready and willing-like I said the only worry is the able part."

Buffy puts an arm around her shoulder and smiles, "You shouldn't worry-just maybe research a little." She looks toward the redhead's laptop. "That should make the nerves go away."

Willow smiles, "Yeah maybe, thanks Buff." The blonde nods.

Friday comes and Willow, Tara and Ella sit at the table of the fancy restaurant. They have just finished eating, "So 'L', what did you think?" Asks the redhead with a smile.

"McDonald's has a Playplace."

Tara smiles and so does Willow, "But this restaurant has dancing." She looks at her daughter. "Wanna dance with Mama?"

Ella nods and Willow smiles, "I'll order desert while you're gone."

"Chocolate," says Ella as she and her mama stand.

"Chocolate it is, how about you sweetie?" She looks at Tara.

"Chocolate works for me too," she smiles as she walks to the dance floor with her little girl.

Later Ella and Tara are back at the table with Willow, deserts are almost finished, "Willow will you dance with me?" Asks the child.

Willow smiles at the child and at the blonde, "I'd love to," they start to the dance floor. Tara watches them with a smile.

Around ten, with Ella now at Buffy's the couple walks into the blonde witch's room a little nervously. As the door closes both smile a little half smile, a slight blush covers the cheeks of both girls. Tara speaks first, as she looks up at the redhead, "Music?" Willow nods and the blonde moves to the CD player and turns it on. The first song begins as she walks back to the woman. "Wanna dance?-I mean I'm not as good at it as Ella but-" they both smile.

"Love to," whispers Willow as she moves closer to Tara.

Tara's arms slip around the redhead's waist and Willow's rest on the blonde's shoulders. They begin to move with the rhythm of the music. "This is nice," whispers the blonde.

"Nice," agrees the redhead. After a few minutes Willow pulls her closer still, their bodies touching together. Nervously she kisses Tara softly, her thumbs brushing along her girl's jaw line. Their eyes meet, "Tara-" she stops.

Tara touches her girl's cheek as well, "It's okay if you're not ready."

"No-I am-I want, I just-" she rolls her eyes, "I'm not sure what-what to do."

Tara smiles and bites at her bottom lip trying to think of something to help the redhead, "Will-just whatever feels good for you when someone-" she stops as her cheeks get redder. "You know?"

Willow nods, "Okay-" she leans back in and kisses her softly. Lips move together slowly. Willow moans a little as she feels Tara's hands press against her back and run gently up and then down it.

Across campus we find Buffy and Ella coloring. The blonde smiles at the child who is concentrating on the picture. Little fingers struggle to keep the crayon between the lines. "That's a very pretty picture."

"Thank you," says Ella as she looks up at Buffy.

"It's almost time for little girl's to go to bed," says the Slayer.

"Can I wait up for Mama?"

"Hmmm I don't think so, it could be late."

"I've been up late before," tries Ella.

"You have?" Ella nods, "How about this," she smiles at the girl. "You finish the picture then we'll put on our pajamas- and I'll read you a story?" The child hesitates. "Willow said you like stories, she even left your favorite book here."

"Really?" Buffy nods. "Okay."

"Okay," smiles Buffy.

In Tara's room the dancing has stopped as she and Willow are lying on the bed on their sides facing each other. They kiss still, tongues exploring as well as hands. The redhead pulls away, as she struggles for air. She smiles as she looks at the blonde across from her. She rolls to her back-her hands bringing Tara closer to her, the blonde leans half on her. Tara smiles down at her, then kisses her lips before moving along her jaw line and down to her neck. She trails soft kisses and licks as she tentatively moves back up to her ear. She blows softly there causing a moan to escape from Willow's lips. "Feels so good," pants the redhead.

Tara smiles against her skin and then whispers in her ear, "You feel good," she presses a kiss to her neck and then sucks the ear lobe into her mouth. Willow groans out her name. "Tara," she moans as the witch's hand finds her breast and kneads gently.

Tara stills her hand and lets go of the lobe as she whispers, "Want me to stop?"

"Goddess no," says Willow with a smile.

Tara smiles too and resumes the movement of her hand on Willow's breast. Her lips move back to her neck, she licks and nips there. When she reaches Willow's pulse point she begins to lick with more desire, then suck gently. Her hand changes sides and moans feel the room.

Buffy and Ella are lying in bed, the Slayer reads to the little girl who struggles to keep her eyes open. Buffy smiles as she sees them close. Her reading stops as she covers the child and glances at the clock. It reads 11:35-she smiles as she thinks that the lateness is probably a good thing.

In Tara's room it is Willow who now kisses Tara's neck, she teases with soft tentative kisses, then begins to lick the same area before moving toward her ear. Tara moans softly, she reaches for and finds Willow's hand. The redhead stops and looks into her eyes her chest heaving. "What if I do it wrong?" Nervousness takes over again.

"You won't," Tara assures. She places Willow's hand on her chest and instantly her eyes close and she moans. As Tara's eyes flicker open she sees Willow smile and she smiles too as she leans up and kisses her passionately. As their lips move together, Willow's hand begins to move as well massaging Tara's breast in rhythm. "Yes! Just like that." Her eyes slip closed again.

An hour later the door to Buffy's room opens and she looks up to see Willow and Tara there hand-in-hand. "Hey-" smiles the Slayer.

"Hey," smiles Willow and Tara. They see the sleeping child.

"She wanted to wait up for you but she didn't quite make it."

"Sorry," blushes Tara. "We kinda lost track of time."

"Understandable," smiles the Slayer. Willow blushes at the conversation.

"We should go," says the blonde softly as she moves toward the bed.

Before she can pick up the sleeping child Willow surprises everyone, "It's late you should stay, it's safer."

Tara looks unsure and even blushes a little, "I have my car we'll be okay."

Willow looks at Buffy and the Slayer speaks, "Will's right-it's bad guy time."

Tara looks from one to the other unsure of what to say. She's not sure after the make out session that sleeping in the same bed with Willow is a good idea. She looks at the redhead, "Sweetie-I just-"

Willow understands, "You can sleep in Buffy's bed with Ella an-and Buffy can sleep in mine. I'll sleep on the floor."

"No-I don't want you to have to do that." Tara looks at her redhead.

"I don't mind-I just want to know you're safe." Willow says as she moves to Tara's side and then looks down at Ella, "That she's safe-okay?"

Tara nods, "Okay," she watches as Willow smiles.

"Good! Now that's all settled," smiles Buffy. "Just one thing." They all look at her, "You take the bed Wills-I'm going to Riley's, he's kinda expecting me." She smiles and goes to the door. "Night."

"Night," says Tara.

"Night," Willow says a little distracted. Buffy waves as she leaves. "So, just us."

"Just us," Tara repeats nervously.

"I guess we should," she looks toward the bed.

"Yeah, night Willow-" she says softly.

"Night Tara-oh let me get you something to sleep in."

"This will be okay."

"Right, sure, okay. Night then." She starts to walk to her bed but Tara takes her arm and she stops.

"Night Will," she kisses her softly.

Willow kisses back as her eyes close, "Night," she whispers, their lips still touching. The words are out before she can stop them, "I love you."

Tara looks at her unsure but a smile begins to cover her face, "Yeah?"

Willow nods, "Yeah." She smiles too.

"I love you Willow," she whispers as they kiss again.

With those words all seems right in their little corner of the world.

The next morning as Willow, Tara and Ella walk down the hall towards Tara's room a woman stops them. "Miss Maclay?"

Tara nods, and answers nervously, "Ah-y-yes th-that's me." She instinctively holds Ella to her.

"We need to talk in my office," says the woman.

"Office?" Willow asks. "And you are?"

"I'm Sarah Rhodes, I supervise the dorms." All eyes fall on Ella. "It's seems there have been some rules infractions. Those need to be handled at once."

"What does that mean Mama?" Asks a nervous Ella.

Tara says softly, "It means Mama messed up." She looks at Willow. "Willow, could you take her to the park?"

"But Tare-" she is worried about her girl.

"I'll meet you there," she promises.

The redhead nods, "Okay-let's go 'L' -" she picks up the little girl.

"I wanna stay with my mama." She protests.

Tara moves to her, "Baby girl-" she kisses her softly on the forehead. "Go with Willow, Mama has to talk to the lady okay?" Ella nods though her heart isn't in it. Tara looks from the child to the redhead, "I'll be there as soon as I can." She kisses her lips without thought.

"We'll be at the swings." She says softly and Tara nods.

Willow walks away carrying the child, "Willow-I don't like her. She's gonna make Mama cry."

Willow looks at the child and then at the woman with her girl. "She'll be okay." She presses a kiss to Ella's temple.

That's chapter 4. Let me know what you think. Thanks to those reading and leaving their thoughts-they are much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:05 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky I don,t like miss Rhodes she can go strait to >:) I love how thay are becoming a family Willow and Ella are bonding so well and our girls are in love as thay should be :luv2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:55 pm 
3. Flaming O

Love the story. I hope that Tara doesnt get kicked out. L is so cute. So is tara and willow. I love the whole Ella and the :wtkiss that she over saw. they are so so cute. Thanks for the story.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:38 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Cute story. Though, I'm not so sure a dorm room is a good place to raise a child. :paranoid

I have to admit that I was getting a little worried as I neared the last update because nothing seemed to be happening. I mean, sure, they got Ella, and that's great... but everything just seemed a little too easy, if you know what I mean. And I can't help but feel like the pair of them are moving a little fast... I mean, there's so much to think about when you discover that your girlfriend has a kid... you can't just rush into things and say: well, okay, we'll bring her here and everything will be happily ever after... it just doesn't work like that...

I was glad when, at the end of the latest update, the woman came and stopped Tara in the hall. I think Tara needs a good dose of reality right about now, and I think this new development is going to serve well in moving the storyline along a little.

Can't wait for the next update... and can I just say... Ella is completely adorable.

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:19 pm 
3. Flaming O

I totally love this story! I can't wait for more updates!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:48 am 
3. Flaming O

Hey there!

Just came across your fic a couple days ago and wanted to say
that I really love it. I hope you continue with it because I can't
wait to find out what happens next.

Shy One
:sigh

MaxMalls - The Web's biggest and best stores

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:27 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
These last 2 episodes got me worrying...

For one, Iw as worried that W&T were going to start doing something that udner the circumstances could get even a couple with all elgalities in place into trouble. I breathed a cliched sigh of relief when I was wrong.

But then the Residence office called Tara in. Well, either UCSunD has proviisons for chidlren in dorms (several shcools have done that lately) or they don't. If they do, tara either has permission to keep Ella or she doesn't. If she does, well, I'm very curious as to what the violation is, could prove interesting. If she doesn't have permission, well, Our Girls are just flat-out in deep dark duck pucky here.

My dominant curmudgeon aspect keeps saying "How are two college students with no visible means of support going to keep Ella fed and clothed?" but I think the rest of me can sit on that part and keep him quiet while reading this.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:25 pm 
3. Flaming O

You so need to update I just read from the beginning till the end so far and I want to read more NOW I can't sleep its almost midnight and well I want more whaaaaaaaaaaa lol ... anyhow I think this is awesome so far ... thought i really don't like the new girl that just popped in to ruin lil happy will L and Tare world I do not like her at all Nope nope nope

anyhow update soon please ;)

April

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:39 pm 
3. Flaming O

Thanks again to those reading and those who are reviewing. It's a big help. It keeps the muse motivated.

Chapter 5

When it Rains it Pours

Willow swings Ella slowly, carefully in the safety swing. "Higher," begs the child, her blue eyes shining-distracted from her worries by the redhead.

Willow smiles, "Are you sure?"

"Yep, very sure," she smiles, her lips forming a lopsided grin.

'Looks just like her mama,' thinks the redhead as she swings Ella a little higher.

"More," pleads the child as she giggles. The woman swings her a little higher.

The fun continues for a few more minutes until Willow sees the upset blonde walking towards them. She stops pushing the swing and it slows. "Willow?" Ella looks around at her, "What's wrong?" The redhead steps in front of her, stops the swing completely and then lifts her from it. "Willow?"

The woman puts her down and takes her hand, "Come on L." She leads them towards Tara. The closer they get, the faster Willow walks. Ella tries to keep up but her strides can't match those of the redhead. Picking up the little blonde, Willow walks as fast as she can with her in her arms. Finally they reach each other. Tara wraps her arms around the redhead-Ella snuggles in the middle, safe between them. Tara cries, "Tara baby-" starts the woman but she is interrupted.

"I messed up Will-I messed up really bad."

"We'll fix it." She kisses Tara's forehead. "Shhh" she tries to comfort her girl as she wipes the tears.

Ella speaks quietly, "The bad woman made Mama cry." Tears begin to form in her eyes as well.

"No, no baby girl, the woman isn't bad. She's just doing her job," Tara tells her daughter.

Willow looks unsure as the child asks, "What's her job Mama?"

Tara tries to calm herself and find an answer for her child, "Ah-she takes care of the dorm rooms." She presses a kiss to her forehead and starts again after looking into Willow's eyes finding the strength there to continue. Looking at Ella, "They have rules about who can live there."

Willow's hand strokes Tara's back, trying wordlessly to reassure her blonde.

The other blonde, the three year old one, appears in deep thought. Her forehead wrinkles a little as her blue eyes meet those of her mama. "And we can't?" Her words are soft.

Tara looks quickly at Willow again and both are surprised by the child's ability to think through the situation. "Ella I-" Suddenly the sky darkens and the thunder sounds.

Willow watches the child, "Okay that's just weird-"

Tara looks at her girl, "Weird?"

Willow looks away from the child's turmoil filled eyes to the soft blue of Tara's. "Ah-it was all pretty and now-" she starts. "And now it's not." Rain begins to fall as she looks around for shelter. Tara does the same but they see nothing. Willow finally speaks, "This-this way." She takes her hand long enough to pull her toward the street. She then wraps both arms around Ella and runs, Tara follows.

A few breathless blocks later the three of them run onto the porch of a house. "Will?" Tara asks confused as she looks unsure as the redhead shifts Ella to her hip and then pulls a key from under a plant on the window sill. She watches with a little smile as her girlfriend opens the door and smiles back at her.

"My parents house," Willow takes her hand. "Come on." They go inside and she puts the dripping child on her own feet. "I'll get some towels." The redhead leaves, running up the stairs.

Tara watches then turns back to her daughter, "Let's get that wet jacket off." She helps Ella out of the thin jacket and notices the child shiver. "Oh baby girl." She looks worried.

"I'm okay Mama-" she says, just as Willow comes down the stairs with lots of fluffy towels.

"Fluffy towels all around." She says with a smile that fades quickly as she sees Tara's concerned face.

"I need to get her out of these wet things and into a hot bath." Willow nods and together they begin to undress the little girl. Ella's shiver becomes more noticeable as her teeth begin to clack together. Willow stands as Tara wraps Ella in a towel.

"Ah-I'll turn on the water and find her something dry to put on," she starts back up the stairs in a jog. Tara picks up her daughter and carries her up the stairs.

Tara hears water and stops at the door of the bathroom as Willow comes out. "Make sure it's not too hot," Willow says softly. "I'll be right back."

Tara nods and goes into the room. She tests the water with her fingers as she kneels down by the tub. "In you go baby girl." She lets the child go and helps her get in the water. "Better?" Tara asks her eyes still worried.

Ella nods though she still shivers, "I'm okay Mama, don't worry."

Tara kisses her on the top of the head as she splashes water on her back and shoulders trying to make sure all of the spots are warm.

A few minutes later Willow comes back in wearing sweat pants and a sweat shirt. The only thing still wet is her hair. "This is for Ella." She puts an identical outfit on the sink. "It'll be a little big, but its the smallest I could find."

Confused Tara starts, "Where did you-"

Willow smiles, "Mom never throws anything away." Grinning she sets another set on the sink. "And these are for you." She kisses her on top of the head. "I'm gonna go start a fire in the fireplace. You too get all dry, then we can get all toasty by the fire and have hot coco."

"With marsh mellows?" Asks Ella her eyes lighting up.

"Lots." Willow smiles and starts to the door.

"Will?" Tara says softly and the redhead looks back at her chewing on her bottom lip. "Thank you." Willow just smiles and nods as she leaves.

A little later Willow finds Tara drying Ella's hair with a towel. "The hair dryer is in my bathroom, why don't you let me dry her hair and you get a shower." She presses her lips to Tara's. "Now you're all shivery."

Tara looks at Ella's smile. "Okay."

"Then can I help with the coco?" Ella looks from one woman to the other.

Tara nods and Willow smiles, "You can put in the marsh mellows. That's the most important job." With another soft kiss to Tara's lips she and Ella leave.

Later Tara walks into the kitchen and smiles as she sees Ella sitting on the counter dropping marsh mellows into the three cups of coco there. "Should I put in more?"

Willow grins, "Hmmm-maybe just one more in each." Her grin turns to a smile as she feels arms wrap around her waist. "Hey you." She turns and kisses her quickly, then turns back to Ella.

"Look Mama." The little girl smiles.

"Ummm yummy," the blonde says with a smile.

"Why don't the two of you go get warm by the fire and I'll see if I can find a snack and bring in the coco?" Willow says.

Tara nods and helps Ella down from the counter. "I wanna help." She looks up at Willow. Tara smiles at her daughter and then her girl.

Willow smiles, "We'll be in in a minute." Tara nods, then kisses them both before leaving. Willow begins to open the cabinets over the counter. She looks at Ella, "You check the ones over there." She points to the lower cabinet doors by the refrigerator. Ella smiles brightly as she starts to open them and look inside.

In the living room Tara puts a bunch of pillows on the floor next to the couch in front of the toasty fire. She looks a little sad but she pushes the thoughts away. "Plenty of time to worry about where we're gonna stay-today-today we have fun," she says to herself softly. She sits against the pillows and watches the fire.

A few minutes later she smiles up at her little girl and her redhead as they carry in cookies and coco. Ella is balancing a tray with a plateful of different cookies as Willow carries in a tray with mugs of coco. "Careful," she says to both.

She reaches up and Ella hands her the cookies before sitting down next to her mama. "Wow! Cookies-" she looks at the redhead unsure. "And coco-that's a lot of sugar."

Willow wrinkles her noses as she thinks, "On the way back to the dorms we can stop and get lots of healthy green stuff-I promise." She grins at the blonde.

"Like ice cream?" Questions Ella as she snuggles closer to her mama.

"No-like peas." Willow and Ella both make a face at her words.

"Fine, we can eat peas right L?" Willow asks as she sits down next to the little girl after carefully setting the coco tray on the floor.

Ella again makes a face, "I don't like'em."

"But just this once for cookies and yummy coco, you could eat'em right?" the redhead asks.

The child thinks about the question, "Peas are yucky but for cookies and coco-okay this once."

Tara smiles at the pair. She hands a cookie to her daughter and then to Willow and watches them both enjoy their treat. After most of the cookie is gone Willow hands the child her coco. "Careful sweetie," Tara says as Ella takes a little sip. Soon they are all sipping in silence, watching the fire. When the sugary treats are nearly gone Ella shivers. Tara sees this and speaks softly, "Come to Mama baby girl and we can snuggle." The little girl smiles and scampers onto her mama's lap.

Willow reaches behind them and gets a blanket. She wraps the blondes in it. "Better?" They watch Ella nod. "Anyone wanna watch a movie? I've got lots of cartoons."

"Do you have The Little Mermaid? It's my favorite."

Tara smiles and then L does as they watch Willow get up and go across the room to the entertainment center. She gets out a movie and puts it in after turning everything on. When she sits back down next to the blondes, Tara takes her hand and their fingers lace together as the cartoon begins to play. "Thanks. Again." Willow just smiles. "Seem to be saying that to you a lot lately."

Willow winks and speaks softly, "This is my favorite part," she lays her head on Tara's shoulder, snuggling against her girlfriend.

A little later as Arial sings the little girl sleeps in her mama's lap, her head snuggled against her chest. Tara whispers softly, "I can't believe she's asleep after all that sugar."

"Wanna put her in bed?"

Tara looks down at the little blonde in her arms. "Nah, I love holding her." The witch's eyes are suddenly sad. "I missed so much."

"But not any more." Willow smiles.

"Not anymore," her girlfriend agrees as she kisses Ella's head.

"How long before you have to move from the dorm?"

"Friday-" she pauses unsure. "I'm gonna have to find another job and an apartment."

"But school-" Willow starts.

"It'll have to wait," she says sadly.

"Tare-" she stops, then leans her head back on her blonde's shoulder. Her mind races. After a few quiet moments she looks up into Tara's soft blue eyes. "Tare you could stay here."

Tara is genuinely surprised, "I couldn't-your parents."

"My parents are never home. They-they travel for work all the time."

"I don't know-I don't-" she stops.

"Think about it?" Willow asks, worry in her words. Tara nods. Willow smiles and as she does her runs her fingers through L's hair.

Tara smiles as she watches the redhead, "Whatcha thinking?"

"She looks so much like you. She even does that cute little lopsided smile thing you do." Willow bites her own bottom lip and continues. "And she's so smart-and daring. She wanted me to swing her really high.-" Her eyes get big afraid Tara will be mad, "But I didn't." She adds, "Where's the daring part come from-I mean-" she stops as their eyes meet again.

Tara frowns though teasingly, "I can be daring." Willow smiles and rolls her eyes. "I can." Tara insists.

"Show me," Willow words are out before her mind can think about what she's asking. Tara blushes a little but carefully moves Ella to Willow's lap. "What are you-"

"Shhh-" Tara cautions as she stands. She reaches for her little girl and moves with her to the couch. She puts Ella down gently and tucks the blanket around her.

The blonde grins as the redhead looks up at her with a smile. Tara reaches her hand down to her girl and Willow takes it. She stands up facing the blonde witch and follows as she is lead to the chair. Willow's eyes lock with Tara's baby blues as the redhead sits down. Tara blushes as the reality of her actions start to sink in and she tries to hide behind her veil of hair.

Willow, however, doesn't let her. She tucks the hair behind her girl's ear. Their eyes meet again and stay focused there as Tara lowers herself onto Willow's lap. Facing her redhead, she puts one knee on either side of her hips. Nervous, not sure what is happening, Willow begins to bite her bottom lip. Her heart pounds as her witch leans down and their lips meet in a soft kiss. The movement is slow and sensual as they open and close against each other. Finally a few breathtaking seconds later Tara pulls away. She asks her redhead, "Daring enough for you?" All Willow can do is nod. Her ability to speak has been taken away. "Or," Tara continues with a lopsided grin, but stops as she leans in again. This kiss is instantly deepened by her as her tongue explores Willow's mouth causing her to moan softly. Tara is surprised when her girl pulls away. Willow looks toward the sleeping child. The blonde smiles, "Don't worry, she's out for a while."

"Are you sure?" She licks her lips and leans closer again.

"No," her grin surfaces. "But you wanted daring." She winks at her redhead. Willow rolls her eyes and Tara stops a giggle, then the kissing resumes. Soon, hands travel bodies on top of clothes and soft moans can be heard as they dare to get lost in each other.

Later, positions switched, Willow sits on Tara's lap with her feet dangling over the arm of the chair and her head on her girl's shoulder. Fingers still caress-Tara's intertwines with her redhead's stopping them as they tease the exposed skin between the sweatshirt and sweatpants. "Willow?" The redhead looks into her blue eyes. "Are you sure it'll be okay if we stay here?"

"I'm sure."

Tara thinks and then speaks. "Okay, but just until the semester's over then I'll-"

Willow's fingers on her lips stop her words. "Then, we'll see." She smiles at the blonde.

She smiles too, "I love you."

Willow smiles even brighter, "I love you too." Her eyes travel to the couch and the sleeping child. "I love both of you Tara."

The woman's eyes tear but her smile is strong as she leans in to kiss Willow's lips gently the redhead's eyes close. "All the daring wear you out sweetie?"

She smiles, her eyes still shut, "Un huh, tired, but can there be more daring later?"

Tara can't help the grin that turns to a smirk as she let's her hand slide up Willow's body. "Do you want to dare some more, or be m-more d-darling?" She asks suddenly nervous.

The redhead opens her eyes at the words, "Yeah," she says simply.

"Which?" asks the blonde with a raised eyebrow. Willow bites her bottom lip before grinning. "Really?" Tara is surprised as her girl nods. When she sees the smile from her girlfriend, Willow lets her eyes close again. Tara holds her tighter as she lets her blue eyes close as well. Soon, both are sleeping.

Willow's parents, Sheila and Ira Rosenberg, stand next to the pair of sleeping witches snuggled together in the chair and stare unsure of what they are seeing. "Willow?" Sheila says softly. When she gets know answer she speaks with more authority. "Willow."

Slowly green eyes open and focus, before being filled with shock. She scrambles off Tara's lap only to wake her and cause her to panic as well as she sees the people staring at her. Standing next to the chair her hand still laced with Tara's unknowingly, she stutters out. "M-mom-Dad!-Ah-I hi." Tara's eyes get even bigger with her redhead's words. "I-I wasn't expecting you."

"Obviously," states her father.

Tara jumps to her feet pulling her hand from Willow's.

Willow tries to explain and as she does the babble takes control. "We-we were at the park and then it was raining and I didn't want Ella to get too wet-" she glances at the child who is now awake and confused. Suddenly thunder and lighting fill the sky again. "So-so we came here cause it was the closest and then well-" she drops her eyes to order her thoughts as they spin through her head.

Tara looks at her girl's parents and they don't seem too pleased, "W-w-we should go," she stutters out.

"No!" Willow pleads. "It's raining again and-" she realizes for the first time it is getting dark. "And it's almost dark."

"Will-we-" Ella is now at her side, she picks up her daughter. "We should."

Before Willow can say anything else to the blonde, Sheila speaks-her tone biting, "Willow may I speak with you in the kitchen please?"

The redhead looks at Tara and Ella as her girl picks up the worried child. "I'll be right back." She touches Ella's cheek, "It's okay baby girl." She forces a smile and the child seems to relax a little. The witch looks at her mother and quietly they leave the room.

As soon as they reach the kitchen the questions start, first Willow. "I thought you were in France or was it Frankfort?"

"Florence, and don't change the subject." Now, it's her mother's turn, "What is going on? Who is that woman in the living room? Is that her child?"

"There was rain, Tara and yes Ella is her daughter," Willow answers the question in order.

Focusing on only one answer Sheila speaks, "Tara-" Willow nods. "And why were the two of you-" her words trail off.

Willow thinks about her words and chooses them wisely, "Mom, Tara-Tara's my girlfriend."

Sheila seems puzzled, "Girlfriend? I thought you were seeing a boy."

"I was but," sadness starts to set in at the thought of Oz.

"I see, well-at least you sent that musician packing."

The words sting the redhead and she feels tears well up and threaten to fall but she forces them away for now at least. "No, Mom, he left me months ago. But you wouldn't know that cause you're never here."

"That's what this is-" Willow looks at her mom unsure. "You were hurt by that boy so you decided to experiment. I understand, things like that happen in college. It's normal-"

The redhead's eye go wide and she fights her anger, "That's what you think?"

"Of course dear, it makes prefect sense."

"This-" she emphasizes the word. "What Tara and I have isn't-we aren't-I love her and she loves me."

"That's most unlikely dear." She stops and then adds, "But you'll discover that in time and see that I'm right."

"You're wrong!- You don't know how I feel-you don't even know me."

Sheila is taken aback, "Of course I do, I'm your mother."

Willow laughs softly, "In theory maybe-but in practice not so much."

"Willow-"

"I'm not listening to this-" she leaves the room. She walks out of the kitchen and back into the living room to find Tara with Ella in her arms standing at the door. "Tara."

"I think E-ella and I should go."

"Okay-we'll go, but it's still raining, let me find the umbrellas."

Tara looks from Willow to her mother and back. She nods slowly and watches her redhead disappear up the steps.

Upstairs, the redhead searches her closet and then under her bed before giving up and going back into the hallway. She opens the hall closet and finds two there. She jogs back down the stairs, "Tare I-" she stops when she sees the blonde is not there. "Where is she?" She looks at her parents.

"Gone," says Ira simply.

"What did you say to her?" She glares at her parents.

Her mother speaks, "I just explained that it's a phase-"

"Grrrrr-" Willow glares again and goes out the door. She runs in the rain, the umbrellas in her hand, until she catches up to them. "Tara-Tara wait!" She calls over the booming thunder.

Tara stops, she is crying as the rain falls harder. "Willow go home."

"No-no Tare-she's wrong," their eyes meet as the lightening flashes and the blonde can see the love there. "It's not a phase." She leans in and kisses her softly and it deepens instantly. "It's not," she breaths out as they pull back. She opens the umbrella and hands it to Tara though it is a little late, all of them are soaked again. She starts to open hers when she hears the rustle in the bushes and then sees the glow of yellow eyes. The vampires now block their path through the park. "Could this day possible get any worse?" Willow groans.

Tara nods her head, realizing her cross is with her clothes in the redhead's bathroom. "I'm thinking yeah."

"What are they Mama?" Asks Ella her eyes large.

As one lunges towards them Willow hits it with an umbrella. "Run!" yells the witch. Tara tries to run with her daughter but she is surrounded. Willow backs up to her and they stand together as the vamps circle closer and closer.

And that's chapter 5. A little angst to spice things up. More to come soon. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:28 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky Dibs Ahhhhhhhhh willows mother is a :rage and now the vamps all hell is going to break loose!!!! love it more soon please :smash

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:33 am 
3. Flaming O

I gotta say, you're pretty darn good at spicing things up..
...evil cliffhanger..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:35 pm 
3. Flaming O

Loved the update.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:28 pm 
5. Willowhand

more more...i want more ( pouts willohand)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:23 pm 
3. Flaming O

Ah! What happens next! UPDATE SOON PLEASE!!!