The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: the Love Story
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:14 am 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

Topics: 1
yayyy update!!!!!
yayyyy they kissed!!!!
yayyyyy you rock!!!

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:13 pm 
3. Flaming O

Woo, ask and ye shall receive. A lot of ubers put Willow and Tara in positions they're far from in BtVS, but end up compromising their character to make it work. I'm glad you didn't do this with Tara; she's not a tough takes-no-shit co that swears every other word, she's a cop and she's Tara. While I can understand Willow's attraction to Tara, I'm a little unclear on why Tara reciprocates, because we only get her thinking about Willow's beauty, but then maybe you're writing Tara as being drawn to the idea of 'saving' Willow. I don't know, but I'm definitely on board for finding out.

Feeling a little suspicious of Willow going with Tara - has she figured it all out? Is she distracting Tara with her drop-dead sexiness? If so, I like how you have Tara driving. Yeah, it makes sense, she's Car Gal, but if this was one of those 'X takes Y out and shoots them' scenes, either Willow or a chauffer would be driving. If you are, in fact, writing a scene like that, then I find that it speaks sheer volumes about Willow, that she can let Tara drive and still be the one in power. And she's proving that anyway, by getting Tara to open up and be vulnerable.

On the topic of the not-quite-Poppinsy Maclay family, damn. That's uh, that's quite the Dickens tale. Perhaps too much? I don't know, I would've liked to hear more about any 'bad' reactions (a la her rebellious stint after her mother died on BtVS) she had to the stuff that happened. But I did quite like this insight into why she chose to be a co - uh, Mafia Gal.

Miyuki's characterisation disappoints me; she comes across as one-dimensional. I thought there was something in Willow's statement about her learning English, that Miyuki has potential but doesn't care to work with it, but it seems as though you've had Willow just say that for the sake of it. I think Miyuki needs work; she can still be a dislikeable slut without being one-dimensional.

So you get that I'm paranoid about this latest update, while still being quite intrigued. It's rare to find well-written Tara-Faith friendships, but you've done it, so I find myself actually waiting for more Faith, if only because it makes sense to see the other side of Tara's life more, to give balance. And we haven't heard anything from Angel yet, which I'm looking forward to. Will any other characters be in this? Eagerly anticipating the next update here. Also, I'm not over-analysing, am I?

Last edited by MiniShrink on Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:58 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Great update-y goodness... I hope Tara could tell Willow that she is a cop and they could leave the mess behind...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:52 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Very touching moments between Willow and Tara - it seems like Willow's become so used to being the ruthless criminal that it's taken Tara's compassion to remind her than that's not really her - even Willow herself can forget it. But the more they share, the more painful it could be for Willow when she learns the truth about Tara - as much as Tara might be telling the truth as far as she can, it's not hard to see how it could all seem like lies when Willow finds out who she really is, even though who Tara really is - as a person, rather than professionally - isn't something Tara's hiding from her now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:51 am 
3. Flaming O

Happy holidays you guys!!! Sorry again for this short + late update. My thesis is bitting my butt right now, kinda really a pain... next chapter is here right next to me, though it may take sometime before I upload it... sorry! :blush

jay/wt4evr:
Thanks. :-D

MiniShrink:
Thanks. It is quite easy (and temping) to compromise the character, that's why it usually takes me quite number of times re-writing to actually finish a chapter. Tara's intention will slowly 'come together' in the future, as that unlike Willow, right now she's in a more 'passive' role - her role as a Mafia and undercover cop don't give her much power of control, and she doesn't really know what she wants right now.
Willow, on the other hand, is very much in control. From the start I want/try to build an image where Willow's in control of everything. She may be, in many ways, as vulnerable as Tara, but she wouldn't let things around her out of her grasp - would not put herself in a situation where she cannot control everything. And so Tara's appearance and Willow's reaction to her become more meaningful - to have Tara broke into the 'control environment' that is surrounding Willow.
And the Tara's past is quite Dickens... :kdevil and I make Tara to have a more 'positive' reaction on the stuff that she had went through - comparing to Willow and her past, both losing their mother, and yet one filled with anger and rage and the other's... not. It's the contrast that I'm trying to show between Willow and Tara. Since you're asking 'bout it, that means I'm a least half success... :peace
Miyuki is very one-dimensional... and scary... and well, boring. She's more than she had seems, but it won't show until later... and you'll have to wait... same goes with Faith... 'cos I'm evil... hehe... :devilish

Zampsa1975:
Willow will definitely know of Tara's true id... though you may need to wait and see how she would react. ;-)

Artemis:
Thanks. Your guess isn't far from truth. Whatever Tara says or does right now, it won't be matter for Willow when she knows 'bout Tara's real id - especially since she has put so much trust in Tara. As they say, "the one you love hurt you most." :geek

Ah... onto the very short chapter...

~.~.~.~.~

Chapter 6 - Broken

~.~.~.~.~

She's broken.

Watching the blond napping next to her, she knew. She was broken.

Broken into pieces - into the redhead she never wanted to be.

And more.

She tried. Tried to run, run away from it. But she didn't run hard enough.

She knew she didn't run hard enough, because while she was scared, she also longed for it.

And now, she was caught. And she was glad. Because with her, she was not the Yakuza-no-Bakemono, not Willow Kasen, nor Willow Rosenberg.

She was... someone who was loved.

Placing a soft kiss on the blonde's forehead, she slowly extracted herself from the warm embrace, careful not to wake her sleeping beauty, and moved towards the edge of the boat.

Setting sun warmed her heart while the sea bless cooled her skin. She knew, once the sun set, she had to drive them back into the cruel world.

But it was okay this time. Because she knew once she finished her final act, once she had gotten his approval, she could go back to where she belonged - with Tara...

If only Tara would choose her over this cruel city.

~.~.~.~.~

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:49 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... I hope Tara is able to choose Willow over her cop duties...

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:38 am 
3. Flaming O

Hi guys! My exam's coming in couple of weeks, which is kinda pain in the bottom 'cos i was hoping to escape the horror of sitting there for couple of hours trying to remember stuff you learn for six months when i sign up for my honors... so, to escape the reality of having mentally scared (again) for life, here's my update... :blush

But first:
Zampsa1975: Tara's def. gonna have to choose... though u'll have to wait and see what her decision will be... :kdevil

and note: 'Pet's Overnight dot com' is one of the ads you could hear from the radio station during game play. Rock Star (the company that made GTA series) even made a website (www.petsovernight.com) for it... there's not much in there though.

Finally, the update:

~.~.~.~.~

Chapter 7.1 - Pet's Overnight

~.~.~.~.~

Once upon a time Tara thought it was the redhead's usual business face. But now, she knew. It was more.

It was her mask. Or at least Tara hoped it was.

And it made Tara want to shout two little words:

"Love sucks."

She did not know where to stand, the relationship between herself and the so-called 'Yakuza monster'.

She did not want to see the monster as a monster, but with the death of the Columbian still fresh in her mind, it was kinda hard not to.

Just as it was hard not to remember she was living in the Liberty City.

Even so, Tara could not deny her strong feeling towards the redhead.

Strong feeling. Tara did not know if she was in love with her... if she was falling for her.

Crush, yes. Pain as it might be, she had a crush. Even love.

But in love? It was too big of a thing to make the conclusion. Not now. Or maybe not ever.

Then, what's-

THUD! "TARA!"

The hand hit the wooden table, making everyone except the owner of the hand jumped. Tara turned towards the owner, and found herself staring at a pair of green orbs. "Y-yes?"

"Are we boring you? Do you need some... entertainment?" The coldness in the orbs made Tara shake her head so hard that it almost fell off.

"The plan will proceed as we've discussed." Green orbs dismissed the group of Yakuza, and the men left without a word, leaving Tara alone with her.

"Plan?" At the raising eyebrow, Tara swallowed. "I... um... just curious."

"You do know what they say, curiosity killed the cat?" Tara could felt her face rapidly whitened, and it only served her some giggles from the redhead. Willow held up her hands in surrender, the cold edge that was surrounding her disappeared as quickly as the blood drain from Tara's face. "Kidding. I mean, unless you're really a cat who's imposing as a blond hot-mama."

The blood that was leaving suddenly made a U-turn and rushed back towards Tara's face, along with the bravely that Tara did not think she would have in front of the Yakuza's monster. "Don't you wanna know?" A small smirk appeared on her face.

It was Willow's turn to blush. She cleared her throat. "Well, you don't really have to worry about the others. Just some chores that need to be done. Nothing serious. I want you to do something for me though."

"What?"

The smile on the redhead's face was lost again. "There's a container in the Portland Dock that I need you to claim for me. I've already prepared a line runner for you. Once you get it, drive the container to the Callahan Point. Someone will be there, waiting. Once all the cargos were taken out, destroy the car. Oh, and wear this." The redhead pulled out Mafia trade-mark black suits and a ski mask that interestingly enough, had a white yellow flower on the forehead. "This is more of a Mafia business. Besides, they won't know who you are if you don't wear it."

Tara nodded and moved away, feeling the green orbs that were staring at her butt as she left.

~.~.~.~.~

After picking up the line runner, Tara followed the GPS towards the Portland Harbour. It did not take long for her to reach the location, but she was surprised to find two men with blue boiler suits and black bandanas, the trade mark of the East-Asian gang the Triads, guarding the container.

Assessing the situation, Tara turned the line runner around until the tail was at the same line as the container behind. Stepping hard on the gas, she reserved the line runner and ran it straight to the container. The two Triads got barely enough time to jump away from the track and avoided being sandwiched. Hearing a loud click that indicating the container had connected to the line runner, Tara immediately changed the gear and drove towards the exit.

The line runner almost reached the gate of the dock when two police cars arrived, along with about a dozen of Triads. While the Triads would probably be hopelessly running after the line runner until they finally figured out that they could never out run the truck, Tara knew it would not out run the two police cars. Bitting her lips, Tara made a sharp turn, feeling the line runner almost roll over at the turn and drove right through the security fence and onto the road.

The blonde's mind went into auto-mode as she drove the line runner pass the China Town towards the meeting point. She could feel bullets hitting both sides of the line runner, watching as another group of Triads trying to reach for the side doors and pull her out of the track, but it did not worry her. At least not so much as being spotted by other police cars. Making another sharp turn, Tara finally reached under the Callahan Bridge and to the Callahan Point, a small dock that not many people knew of.

Stopping the track and jumped down from the driver's seat, Tara was greeted by five people with ski masks, each with a different letter on the mask's forehead. "Hi." The men with a 'V' ski mask and a hand full of blankets moved forward. "You're Bunny Hugger?"

"Um... no." Tara frowned under the mask, and turned towards the other four who had gone straight to the container. "I'm-"

V held up his hand. "Then I don't need to know." He moved towards the back of the container to join the others. Tara followed, and gasped when she spotted what was the 'cargo'.

Animals, locked in small cages, moaning and groaning as light reached their eyes. The smell of faeces and death filled the air, and it did not take a genius to notice most of them were dead. "My God." She whispered, but the others did not seem to be surprised at the sight in front of them, as they moved the dead animals aside while covering the living ones with blankets, shading the poor animals from direct sunlight before moving their cages out of the container.

"You didn't know, did you? You're just a hired hand." V commented as he picked up one of the cages covered by blanket and moved towards the boat packed nearby. Without another word, Tara reached for one herself and followed V. "When Bunny Hugger said the Mafia are helping, I thought he was kidding."

"Why?"

Tara could see V rasing an eyebrow even under the ski mask. "You really don't know anything." He shook his head, handing the box to the other man waiting on the boat. "Ever heard of 'Pet's Overnight Dot Com'?"

Tara handed out her cage and moved towards the container once again. "'Delivering little bundles of love, in a box, directly to your door.'" Tara repeated the words of the advisement that she had heard in the radio over and over again. "They sell pets online." Paused. "Did they..."

"They figure it will be easier to pre-pack the 'bundles of love' and stuff them into a container than actually love them." V sighed. "We have been trying to stop their operation for couple of years now, but whoever runs the Pets Overnight is under the Triad's protection, and the LCPD wouldn't do a damn thing about it. Probably got braided before we even heard of the site."

"And Bunny Hugger offers help?"

V nodded. "We've been tracking down every shipment they got. Most of them are stopped before they reach the Liberty City, but there's still one or two shipments managed to get pass us. Bunny Hugger had been helping us online for almost a year now. When he told us he would get the Mafia to help us get the container, I thought he was insane. Who would have thought the Mafia are willing to piss off the Triads and LCPD at the same time?"

"So you never met Bunny Hugger before?"

He shook his head. "It'll be safer for both of us anyway. There are not many animal lovers in Liberty City." V answered before picking up another cage and moved away. Tara was about to do the same when one of the people in the container dropped the cage, the force breaking the lock and opened the cage door. Tara rushed forward and caught the black and white kitten that almost fell out from the container.

Hearing the noise, V ran back to the container, in time to see Tara cuddling the kitten into her arms. Nodding at the others to continue their work, V led Tara to the shade under the Callahan Bridge, pulling out a stethoscope from under his shirt and a small torch from his back pocket. "Here." He said, taking the kitten from Tara's arms and started examining the young animal. Surprisingly, the kitten tried to crawl back into Tara's arms, meowing softly as if asking for the blond Mafia.

"Seems you got yourself a fan." V's smile could be heard under the mask. After couple of minutes, V handed the kitten back to Tara. "She looks healthy enough, just a bit too thin and dirty."

Tara smiled as the kitten mewled softly and started licking her hand. "You're a vet?" She asked, smoothing the kitten's black fur.

V pointed at his forehead. "There's a reason I got a 'V', Flower."

Tara blinked, suddenly remember the flower that was on her forehead. "Right."

"V, it's done."

V and Tara turned, and found the others were in the process of moving the last cage to the boat. "Well, that's my ride." He turned back towards Tara. "Can I ask you something?" Tara nodded. "Do you like cats?" The blond was a bit confused, but nodded anyway. "Animal friendly house?" Tara thought for a moment, and nodded again. "Then I trust you will take good care of her?"

Tara's jaw dropped. "You..."

"I don't usually do this, but... she seems to take a liking to you. Who am I to say no to a cute kitten?" V shrugged. "Promise me though, if you can't take care of her, find her a good home?"

Tara nodded. "I promise."

V waved, and followed the others into the boat before it disappearing into the harbour.

~.~.~.~.~

No longer wearing the ski mask and black suit, Tara stepped into the taxi with the kitten cuddling in her arms. Just as she closed the taxi door, a loud explosion could be heard, and Tara closed her eyes. "Rest in peace." She whispered a silent prayer for the innocent animals that were dead in the container, before directing the taxi driver towards to her apartment.

~.~.~.~.~

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:30 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... So Willow is the Bunny Hugger... I hope Tara and Willow take good care of Miss Kitty...

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:26 am 
18. Breast Gal

Heh, 'Bunny Hugger' - interesting wrinkle to Willow's personality there. Even though she plays the 'Yakuza monster' so well, well enough that she seems to believe it of herself sometimes, she still hasn't been letting her gentler side lie dormant completely.

And now Tara's got Miss Kitty; if Willow adopts her as well, that's an interesting sign of their relationship strengthening beyond just the two of them in isolation. And a cute follow-up to the 'curiosity killed the cat' line - which itself was interesting, with Willow joking that Tara was a cat in disguise, because she really doesn't know who Tara is.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:44 am 
3. Flaming O

Hi guys! :wave Again, another late update.

Something happened to my family and at one point it simply too hurt and upsetting for me to work on this story. It's by no means that I don't want to continue, it's just take some time to me to get back. I try not to let RL to affect what I truly want for my stories, but I can't deny that this chapter is safe house for me before I truly get back into it, to where it should have been. Hopefully it won't get a bit too side-tracked and cross figures u guys still like it... :blush

Zampsa1975: Thanks. Between Willow and Tara, Miss Kitty's gonna have the best mums in the world~ :kitty

Artemis: Again, thank for your feedback. You are right about Willow not letting her gentler side to go dormant completely, even if she may not notice, and this side will play a larger and larger role as the story continues to grow. :hmm

And to the update...

~.~.~.~.~

Chapter 7.2 - Come Bearing Gift

~.~.~.~.~

Tara made her way into the office, half expecting to be greeted by a cute redhead, only to find gallons of ice cold water pouring from above her as she found herself the target of the waka-gashira's glare.

"You. Go," Miyuki ordered before Tara could say anything. "Get me water. I want it iced."

"But-"

"NOW!"

Sighing, Tara was about to turn around when she felt a hand on her back, stopping her. "I will get someone to fetch you water, Miyuki-san." The corner of the blond's lips couldn't help but curved up a bit. She sighed, enjoying the warmth coming from the small palm through her shirt.

"Willow-san!" Miyuki jumped up, pushed Tara out of the way and gave the redhead a hug that lasted a bit too long for Tara's liking. "I've been waiting for you. Let's go!"

"Actually," Willow took a step back, distanced herself from her waka-gashira. "TJ will take you to a secure location to watch the race."

"What? But-"

"It's simply not a risk you should take, Miyuki-san."

"But you will be there with me! Why can't I-"

"Things are different now." Willow's voice softened, and Tara couldn't help but wonder if it was regard that she could detect from her words - regard for herself, and regard for the woman who Tara loved to hate. "You are our waka-gashir now, Miyuki-san. I simply cannot allow you to take that risk." She turned and started walking away, gesturing Tara to follow her. "I'm sorry."

~.~.~.~.~

Tara followed the quiet redhead towards the car park, and halted when she spotted her dream car at the lot. "It's..."

"Infernus." Willow answered, and made her way to the car.

Tara swallowed, hard. To her, Infernus was her Palpatine - the one car that always called to her dark side; she almost become a criminal for real just to steal one of these babies.

"Here." Willow pulled out something from under her kimono (and to Tara's excitement - somewhere in between the redhead's breast) and threw it to Tara.

"W-wa-wah?"

"You're driving."

"S-s-serious?"

Willow rolled her eyes. "No. I'm just yanking you." At Tara's horrified expression, the redhead threw her hands in the air. "Gosh. You're even worst than the boys." She opened the door on the passenger side and stepped inside. When Tara did not follow, Willow called out again. "Are you coming or not?"

~.~.~.~.~

Under Willow's instruction, Tara stopped the car just about a block away from the casino. When she spotted three other cars waiting ahead, she turned questionably towards Willow.

"We'll wait until Miyuki is ready." Willow explained as she gestured at the waiting cars. "She's watching, so you better win the race." Tara frowned but nodded. Willow peeked at her for a second before turning back towards the window. "Ever street race before?" Tara shook her head. "Umm."

"Can I... can I ask you something?"

"The car has been modified."

"No, that's not... it has?"

"There are two important factors for someone to win a street race. One, the car; two, the driver. Most of the time I got only one to work on... but if my guess' right, you are the second factor I've been waiting for." Paused. "So... your question?"

"I was just wondering... last time... the container in the Portland Dock..." The blond took a deep breath. "Are you Bunny Hugger?"

"I never hug a bunny before. Never had one." Willow muttered, watching people walking pass via the side window.

"Oh. Okay." Paused. "Are you going to be... here?" Willow cocked her head at the blond. "I mean... in the passenger seat?"

"Am I not allowed?"

"Yes. I mean, no, I..." Tara took a deep breath. "Street racing is dangerous, and..."

"I trust you."

"But..." Tara's head dropped a bit, her eyes downcast. "I never... and I..."

Willow turned towards Tara, her palms holding Tara's cheeks lightly, forcing the blue eyes to meet her own green. "I. Trust. You."

"'Kay."

The two girls stared at each other for a long time. Slowly, Tara inched forward. Her lips were just seconds away from Willow's...

When the cell on the dashboard suddenly rang. Tara jumped back, her head hitting the side window. "Ouch." The blond frowned, her palm smoothing the back of her head, watching as Willow answered the phone. "Y-yes?" Paused. "Okay." The redhead switched off the phone and took a deep breath. "Let's go."

~.~.~.~.~

The grin on Tara's face refused to leave as she stared goofily at the changing numbers in the elevator which would bring her and Willow back to the redhead's apartment. The race had gone better than Tara had expected: the Infernus had been one of the fastest and smoothest car she had ever driven; it had not been that obvious when Tara drove it in normal speed, but in the race... it was just magnificent, and Tara suspected that it had a lot to do with the modification that had been done on the car.

Besides, the redhead had told Tara to keep the car. It was definitely awwwwesome.

When the door of the elevator finally opened, Tara followed Willow into the apartment. The blond watched with a raising eyebrow as the redhead took off her, interestingly, pair of red sneakers, and put them into the shoe cabinet nearby before moving towards one of the rooms at the far end of the corridor. Tara followed, and found herself inside a room with only a huge futon in the middle and a laptop next to it, and a japanese sword displayed on top of the drawer nearby. "Wait here." Willow ordered, picking up some clothing from drawer chest before disappearing behind the only wooden door in this apartment.

Feeling out of place, Tara shifted her legs a bit, waiting, until the cop living within her finally couldn't take it and made her sniff around. There was nothing in the room that even indicated someone was living here except for the futon and the laptop, so the blond moved towards the drawer.

There was nothing special: a blanket, couple sets of black kimono, jeans and jumpers... and underwear. The blond was momentary tempted to stuff her hand into the said drawer until she remembered she was supposed to be a cop, and not a perv.

So, to her own disappointment, she closed the drawer, sat on the futon, and waited like a good girl while letting the heat on her cheeks reminded her what she was thinking just seconds ago.

But the good girl attitude last only until Willow walked back into the room with a short sleeveless top and gym shorts. Her hair was still wet, a fluffy tower dripped on her shoulder, her face flashed from the shower. The blond's jaw dropped immediately.

"You alright?" Willow cocked her head at the blond who had the same color on her face as the redhead's hair.

Tara swallowed. "I-I'm g-good."

"If you said so." Willow shrugged, towering her hair a bit before throwing the wet tower casually towards the corner of the room. "Wait here." The redhead turned around, and Tara's eyes immediately focused on the bottom of the tattoo that could be seen on her lower back. The tattoo must have covered Willow's whole back, and Tara wondered how she could have missed it before.

The redhead disappeared into the corridor, before coming back with a huge box of parcel in her hands. "Here." She put it down right in front of Tara.

Tara frowned. "What's this?"

"You don't think I would come wihtout bearing gift, wouldn't you?" The Yakuza asked with a silly smile on her face. "Open it?"

Tara raised an eyebrow, but opened it anywhere, and blinked in surprise when she saw the content inside the box. "It's..."

"Kitty bed... kitty toilet... chewy toy... kitty bowl..." The redhead pulled the objects out one by one. "This one is so cool." She pulled out a metal bottle with a tray that looked rather like a coffee machine. "It's an automatic pet feeder with timer. You know, so you don't have to worry that you might have to stay out for a long time and can't feed the kitty. I've also ordered the one with cell phone feature so you can just call whenever you want your kitty to be fed but it won't arrive until next week... oh. Oh! And this one is soooo cool! It got this remote control and-"

Willow did not get to finish as Tara shot forward and hugged the redhead tight. "Thank you." The blond said sincerely. "But it's too much." She looked around at the piles of goodies.

"It's not. Besides, they're not really for you; they're for your kitty." Willow pointed out. "Unless you like this?" The redhead giggled, pulling out a plastic wand that had a fake bird with fluffy feathers attached on the other end and started waving it in front of the blond.

Tara smiled, gently pushed the fake bird away from her face. "How did you know about the kitty anyways?"

The widened grin on Willow's face almost blinded Tara. "Magic."

~.~.~.~.~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:04 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... good for Willow to soften up, I really worry how she is going to react when she finds out that Tara is really a cop and not a mobster... extra big yay for Kitty's food dispenser...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:28 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

awwww...that's so sweet :blush :blush

Willow seemed become different person when she was all alone with Tara..but I definitely have no complain about it...

so update more pleaseeee :pinky :pinky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:39 am 
3. Flaming O

Hi guys~ it has been a loooong time since I can read / write / post story... RL definitely big with the S-U-C-K for geek like me... :kgeek So surface for couple of seconds, get some :wtkiss, before sinking back under the pile of rocks...

Thanks arsyadriani and Zampsa1975 for the review... Willow is definitely starting to change, and things will slowly get more... :gnome (okay, so i m :kdevil )

This is a very short chapter... which took me about 2 months before I keep re-writing it... but i promise more :wtkiss in the next update....

~.~.~.~.~

Chapter 8 - Legacy

~.~.~.~.~

"It's here."

Willow could not help but feeling the excitement rushing through her vein. She moved, as graceful as she could, and reached for the package TJ put on her desk. "Thank you."

TJ nodded, quiet as usual.

With the eagerness of a child opening Christmas present in the morning of the Christmas day, Willow torn open the wrapping, revealing a box of most high-tech cat toys money could buy. A tingle tell Willow that her thin lips had curved up - even if she was pretty sure her brain had not commanded it to do so.

But then, it had been happening more and more lately... Willow did not care though. The only thing she cared - the only thing she hoped, was to see the smile on Tara's face, just as the one she had now.

Softly touching the rough surface of the brown box, Willow wondered what was between Tara and herself. She was not naive enough to think it was simply the respect between two people who happens to be working together... but she did not believe in fairy tale either - did not believe love was something that could be found...

Not for her. And definitely not in this damned city.

But she managed to find Tara, didn't she? She managed to find a girl that, in a blink of an eye, made her feel like a young-teen in love.

Love.

'I love her.'

The bullet of knowledge shot through her heart, causing it to stop. The monster living inside the thin torso growled in rage, but at the same time, Willow felt... warm. And fuzzy.

And happy.

"You smiled."

TJ voice shook Willow out from the warm and fuzzy place. "What?"

"It's that Mafia... isn't it?"

"I don't know what you are talking about, TJ." The monster within Willow finally took over. "But it sounds awfully like you are trying to question me about something."

TJ dropped onto his knees. "Please forgive me, Willow-san." He bowed. "I don't mean any dis-respect..."

Willow knew, just as TJ knew, that it was not about respect.

It was about the truth.

The redhead stood from her chair, and moved towards the window, staring blankly at the view it offered. "My loyalty will never change. You know that."

"It is not about loyalty." TJ replied, his tone never changed a bit. "You will get hurt."

Sadness filled the monster's soul. "Doesn't matter. I am the Bakemono in the family. Remember?"

"No, Willow-san. You are the true legacy for the eighth regime of the Kasen clan. Nothing will ever change that." Paused. "No one will ever change that."

The redhead did not turn, did not see the darken eyes filled with resolve.

'I won't let it.'

~.~.~.~.~

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:48 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... Good that Willow realized that she indeed loves Tara, I hope she very soon tells Tara and that Tara responds in kind and that there would be no outside interference when they express their love to each other...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:02 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 8
yay!! im so glad that you updated. i absolutly love this story. please post another chapther soon, cant wait for some :wtkiss .

vanessa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:42 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

wow!..I thought you forgot about this fic..guess I was wrong :blush
that was so short..so more pleeeassseee :pray :pray
RC :kgeek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:13 am 
18. Breast Gal

Well this sure doesn't bode well - the question is, how will TJ go about 'protecting' Willow from Tara? Because if he finds out who Tara really is, it'd be so easy to drive a colossal wedge between her and Willow, and make Willow believe Tara's been betraying her all along. I was wondering when the sting would come, looks like this is the start of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:41 am 
3. Flaming O

It is me, doing an update... which is kinda "omigod - how long had that been?"... the muse is here (not that it actually requires muse, since the story is finished and is sitting there waiting for edit), but the body is kinda far away from "free time to do own stuff", hence the lack of updates... or anything for that matter (except reading stories during the short train ride to work)... hopefully next update won't take another half year... :happycry

Before I start though, I have to once again thank you for all your support - it's awesome that you guys still stuck around and humor little old me... so thank you! :x

Zampsa1975: Willow and Tara will have a tough road ahead (I am >:) ), but I guess that's what's they call "tough love"? (again, did I tell you I am >:) ?) Seriously though, there will be :wtkiss soon (you just have to believe... :devilish )
vanessa: I know more than half a year is not really "soon" - forgive me? :pray
arsyadriani: Don't worry, I won't forget the story anytime soon~ ;-)
Artemis: Things will definitely go downhill - but you will just have to wait a bit more to see where it's gonna lead... (again, me = >:) )

And onto the story....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9.1 - The Beginning of the End (Part 1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~.~.~.~.~

"... and I do not appropriate failure."

Tara watched on un-impressively as the two Yakuza swallowed at the icy look on Willow's face. "Yes, Willow-san." They bowed, and ran out of the room with tails between their legs.

Once the door was closed, Tara turned back towards the redhead, and found the thin lips curing up. "Hey." The coldness that was dominating the green orbs seconds ago disappeared. "Sorry about that."

"What's that all about?" Tara asked, looking at the closed door. She arrived at the redhead's office at the end of the conversation, just in time to hear Willow telling the two gangsters to 'take the trash out'. While Tara had asked, she wasn't sure if she really wanted to know the answer.

"Remember what I've told you about cat?" Willow smirked. "But..." She stood, "I guess I'll just have to forgive you... just this once." She reached for the parcel at the back and handed it to Tara.

Tara took the parcel and frowned. "What's that?"

"For your kitty." A smile from the redhead's face, and Tara decided to forget whatever she had heard before. "Have you named her yet? We can't just keep calling her kitty... or we can always call her Miss Kitty." The grin on the redhead's face suddenly disappeared. "No that I'm saying she has to be called kitty... I mean, it's not like it's our kitten..."

"It can be our kitten."

"Huh?"

Gathering the courage Tara never thought she had, she moved behind the desk, and took the redhead's hand into her own. "It is our kitten." Paused. "I-if you want?"

The grin on the redhead's face almost blinded Tara. The blond smiled, and turned towards the parcel. "Let's-"

Knock Knock

"Let's wait." Willow's voice dropped as she looked up at the closed door. Tara frowned, but nodded, picking up the parcel and moved away from the office table. "Come in."

"Willow-san." TJ opened the door and stepped in. He bowed, but not after sending a glare at Tara. "Kimura-san is due to arrive in couple of minutes."

"Thank you." Willow stood, smoothing her kimono and left without another word.

Tara moved to follow the redhead out, but TJ stopped her. "Tara-san, we request your assistance in obtaining something for us."

"What thing?"

"A car. This is actually our gift for your Dom. However, some kid took it without our permission, and we need you to retrieve it. I've already prepared transportation for you. The location of the car has already stored in the GPS."

"Oh." Tara blinked, looking at the doorway the redhead had went through, before turning back to TJ. "Okay."

~.~.~.~.~

It did not take long for Tara to reach the destination using the Mafia Sentinel that was provided. Tara stepped out, and stared at the old blue Stallion; she racked her brain and still could not figure out how it would be a suitable gift for Tony - it wasn't the cheapest car in Liberty city, but it wasn't the most expensive one either.

Shaking her head, she reached for the old car. Opening the door, the blond was mildly surprised to find it wasn't even locked. It took only one second for Tara to know the reason: a bullet graced over her hand, and the Mafia looked back, just in time to see two Trail members standing there with guns pointing at her.

It was a trap.

Tara jumped into the old Stallion, just in time to avoid the flying bullets. In record time, she wired the car, and pressed hard on the escalator. The car shot forward, knocking down two Trials that appeared from no where, and reached the main road in less than 3 seconds.

Even if the car reached the main road, a group of Trials was already there, waiting. Pulling up the hand brake, Tara turned the wheels hard, forcing the car to skip 180 degrees. Bullets hit the spinning car, and by the time Tara stopped the spin and started driving towards the opposite direction, smoke already started coming out from the engine, and the windshield had shuttled under the firepower.

The blond wondered if she should simply give up the car - but before she could even finish the question in her head, two trucks showed up along with another half dozen of trial, moving to block her escape. There was no thought in Tara's head, but simply stepped even harder on the escalator, and let her instant dominated her action.

It was a narrow squeeze, and the car doors on both sides fell off and hit the ground, but it squeezed through the two trucks that were lining up to block the road. There was no relief for Tara thought - blue orbs widened she felt the jock of the car, saw flesh hitting the metal skeleton of the car, sharp edges tearing the head from the body, before body flying over her and hit the solid ground behind. The shock was temperately forgotten as bullets continued to fly over her, and the Mafia drove away, not once turned to look at the bloody head that was now resting on the passenger side.

~.~.~.~.~

Tara opened her eyes, and instantly she knew; she is not in her apartment.

Not because it was lack of the smell of mechanic oil that it always seemed to linger on her clothes, but the air was filled with the scent of sandalwood, just as the pillow she was lying on was lingered with a faint scent of apple... not to mention she didn't own any sword.

"Hey." Tara turned her head, and found Willow standing there with only an oversized jersey. "You're awake."

The blond pushed herself up, and it took less than a second for her to notice she was wearing nothing - and another second to remember being driven back to Willow's apartment, cleaned up, and led to the surprisingly comfy futon. "I guess so." Was all Tara could say as she reached for the clean shirt and jeans that was put neatly next to her and put them on.

"You were in shock."

"No shit." Tara spited, momently surprised at her own anger, but continued. "Is it how the Yakuza works? Setting up people?" She put on the jeans. "I can't believe this..."

"Tara, don't..."

"Don't what? Don't go? Wait until I finally got blown up? I killed a guy trying to get away! His freaking head got slid off by my fucking car!"

"It was just a Triad."

The blond stared at the redhead, not believing what she had just heard. "Just a Triad? You-" She shook her head, feeling too angry to even argue, and pushed pass the redhead towards the elevator.

Willow quickly followed. "And why do you care anyway?" She frowned, watching as Tara slammed her hand onto the elevator button to call it up. "You're a Mafia!"

Tara turned back towards the redhead, fuming. "So I have to be a murderer?"

Willow could not help but rolled her eyes. "Oh grow up, Tara. We are all murderers."

"No." The door to the elevator opened, and Tara stepped inside. "Not if I can help it." The blond again slammed her hand onto the elevator's button, closing the door.

~.~.~.~.~

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:51 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... I hope Tara soon comes to terms with Willow's blody past... I truly hope that Willow doesn't put Tara in a situation where she has to kill people...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:10 am 
3. Flaming O

First, thanks for all you guys who are still reading this... ( you know who you are :bigwave ) I finally managed to do quite a bit of editing during Christmas... hopefully will be able to post the rest soon. :buried

~.~.~.~.~
Chapter 9.2 - The Beginning of the End (Part 2)
~.~.~.~.~

With her ear peaked for any train that might be coming her way, Tara made her way down the tunnel towards her destination - an opening to the old underground sewage. "Sir? S-"

The blond almost jumped out of her skin when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She spun around, and found the high commissioner of the LCPD standing there, looking somewhat apologetic. "Sorry."

"You startled me." Tara signed in relieve before taking off her hood and ball cap - knowing that the high commissioner would not show his face unless he knew they were safe to talk. "Thank you for meeting me at such short notice."

"You sounded worried." He frowned. "Your cover..."

"My cover is still good."

Angel frowned harder. "Then why? You know how dangerous it is; if any of the gang associate sees you-"

"That's what I want to talk to you about." The undercover agent interrupted. "We need to stop the Yakuza."

"Yakuzi? Tara, your main concern should be the Mafia, not Yakuza."

"With a due respect, sir, they are my concern. They're out of control. We need to stop them."

"Look, it's not the time-"

"The time to what? To stop one of the biggest crime family from blowing up the whole city? Or to stop them killing more innocent people?"

Angel stared at Tara for a long moment. "I heard a shooting between the Mafia and the Triad in the Chinatown, but I didn't realize it involved the Yakuza." Paused. "Or you."

"They were the one who set me up."

"Are you sure?" The glare said it all. "Tara, why would they-"

"Does it matter? We have to stop them."

"We don't have any evidence."

"I witness a murder-"

"That's not enough, and you know it. I am not going to blow your cover for one murder that may not even reach the grand jury." Angel shook his head. "Look, I understand where you are coming from, but we only want the Mafia; leave the Yakuza alone."

"But-"

"This is NOT a negotiation, Tara." Even under the weak light, Tara could see Angel's face rapidly darken. "This is an order." The blond opened her month, but was not given any chance to mutter even one word. "I don't want to hear another word from you, not on this. Understood?"

Tara bit her lips and nodded.

Angel signed, before pulling out something from his pocket. "Here."

Tara held out her hand, and Angel dropped two small listening devices into her palm. "Um..."

Angel signed, before pulling out something from his pocket. "Here." Tara held out her hand, and Angel dropped two small listening devices into her palm. "We know Tony is planning something big; we've already bugged his car, his house, his office... but we got nothing. We think he may have another meeting place." He looked down at his watch. "He should be leaving his office soon. Follow him, find out where the meeting place is and bug it."

~.~.~.~.~

Tara went back to the surface, and quickly stole an old red bobcat before driving towards the Gentlemen's club. She managed to reach the place in 15 minutes, just in time to see Tony's Sentinel leaving the garage.

Carefully keeping her distance, the blond followed the Sentinel as it drove around the city, seemly not having a destination. Suddenly, the car shot forward and made a sharp turn, and it took Tara couple of seconds before she finally reacted and floored her car.

Weaving through the traffic, Tara caught up with the Sentinel, and watched it turning into the parking lot of a residential complex next to the El-Train station. She parked her car down the road, watching through her side mirror as Tony and two of his lackeys stepped out of the car and into one of the buildings. Quickly pulling the hook over her face, Tara stepped out of the car and followed.

~.~.~.~.~

Tara slowly made her way up the stairs, her eyebrow rose on its own accord as she listened to Tony cursing in both English and Italian just about a floor above her; obviously the once feared Mafia enforcer could not even handle couple flights of stairs.

Peeking around the corner, Tara watched Tony and his lackeys stopped at the forth floor and headed towards the apartment at the end of the corridor. He did not even knock; whoever in the apartment seemed to have expected Tony, and opened the door for him before he voiced his arrival. Tara made note of the apartment's location, before continue climbing up towards the roof of the building.

Once Tara reached the roof, she quickly located the fire escape closest to the apartment and climbed down. Stopping at the patio just above the floor and quickly thanked whatever lucky star that was smiling upon her to have the apartment so close to the fire escape, she kneed and listened to the muffled voices of Tony and some unknown male from the half closed windows.

After about an hour, voices finally quieted down. Tara waited for couple more minutes before peeking into the apartment; it was dark and empty. Taking a deep breath, Tara carefully pulled open the window, and climbed inside.

The apartment was with a bit small with a big couch dominated the living area. There was an open kitchen on her right, and a bedroom on her left. With her trained eyes, she quickly spotted a good place to hide listening device - the wall socket right next to the TV set in front of the couch. Pulling out a Swiss knife, she unscrewed the plastic cover, and sticked the listening device in it before putting the cover back.

Just as Tara finished installing the first listening device, the front door opened. The blond immediately threw herself onto the floor, using the couch to shield herself. Her heart bumping loudly as the light went on and heavy footsteps moving closer and closer, until suddenly, the couch shifted.

Tara looked up, and found herself staring at the back of bold head - a very shiny, but very big, head.

The sound of "Jackass" coming from the TV, but Tara did not dare to move one bit as she continued staring at the head just above her. After almost a lifetime, the couch shifted again, and the man slowly made his way towards the bathroom next to the kitchen. The blond was feeling a bit perv as her ear peeked at the sound of the man peeing into the toilet, but knew that it was also time; she quickly jumped up from her hiding place, ran to the window, and threw herself back onto the fire escape.

She ran down the stairs without looking back.

Tara stopped when she reached the first floor, her back leaning against the wall, and took a deep breath. Her heart almost jumped out of her throat from all the excitement, but at least she had managed to install one listening device. Taking another deep breath, she stuffed the extra listening device into her back pocket. She was about to leave when she noticed something pink on the railing - a very pink panty. Without second thought, she picked it up...

Just as a head poked out from the window right next to Tara.

Tara jumped at the suddenly appearance of a woman (or woman's head, in this case), and the woman screamed at the sight of a person with hoodie and ball cup in return.

Especially when that said person had her pink underwear in his hand - of course, it could only mean one thing, at least to her:

"You perv! What do you think you're doing?"

Tara, having still trying to get over the earlier excitement, took couple of seconds before finally able to follow the woman's train of thoughts. "N-" She did not even manage to utter a word when the first bottle of fragrant hit her.

"Help! Help! Someone call the police!"

Tara tried to explain herself, but the woman would have none of this, and started picking up different items and threw at her. After getting hit by another bottle of fragrant, a comb, some nail polishes and box of feminine product, the blond finally got the message that she was getting nowhere.

So, instead, she ran.

Tara grabbed the sliding ladder and jumped. Under the weight, the ladder slammed down to the ground floor, but not fast enough as more things rained down towards the blond. The woman must have ran out of things to throw as one minute Tara was hit by another nail polish, and next minute clothing started raining down on her.

And most of them were woman's underwear.

"You freak! Help! Help!"

Tara quickly ran back to her car, and drove off like a madman.

~.~.~.~.~

Turning the key and pushed open the door, Tara froze when she found the lights in the apartment was on. Hand tightened around the Swiss knife she had in her hand, she made her way down the short corridor, half wondering if it was Faith trying to give her another 'talk'.

The blond reached her small living room and froze again: Willow was lying on the couch, her green orbs staring intensively at the blond as her small kitten curing up on the redhead's stomach, sleeping soundly. "Hey-" A small frown appeared. "What's that smell?" She started looking around.

Anger boiled, and her face reddened with anger. "What are you doing here?" She grounded her teeth.

"I..." Willow paused. She sat up, gently moving the kitten away from her stomach, ignoring the soft complains from the ball of fur. "Hi."

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here."

"I- is that..."

The redhead raised an eyebrow, and pointed at Tara. The blond followed the redhead's line of sight, and found something red on her shoulder.

A red, very lacy-ish bra, on her shoulder.

Tara's face reddened again, but this time with different reason. She grabbed the bra and started pulling on it, only to find it hooked onto her shirt. It took couple of minutes, but the blond finally managed to pull the bar off and stuffed it into her pants' pocket, earning her a giggle from Willow. "So?" She crossed her arms, starting at the un-invited guest.

"I just want... I..." Willow signed at the fury still evident on Tara's face. "I don't want us to fight."

"I'm not stupid enough to fight against you, Miss Yakuza. I'm pretty sure the head that was my passenger yesterday was a fairly clear message."

Willow threw her hands into the air. "I'm NOT going to kill you! No Yakuza is trying to kill you! "

"Obviously the bullets didn't get the memo."

"What do you want me to do? Bomb the China Town? I've got enough C4 to level-"

"What?! How could you-" Tara shouted. "Stop trying to kill people!"

"I'm not! And for your information, if I want anyone dead, I don't need to 'try'!"

"Did you listen to yourself? You make it sounds like lives means nothing!"

"Not the Triad they don't. What part of Yakuza don't you get?!"

"No I don't! I'm not a monster like yo-" The blond halted, the words that were shooting out from her month finally reached her own ears, and more importantly, her brain.

"At least I am not under any delusion of what I am supposed to do." Willow said quietly, her green orbs dropped as her hands tightened into a fist. "If you can't accept this," she stood as she stormed towards the exit. "Maybe you should rethink your occupation."

~.~.~.~.~

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:43 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Dibs

I am so happy to see an update. I am not the biggest fan of grand theft auto in general, but I love the way you portray Willow and Tara in this world. I enjoy Willow's reality checks for Tara. In this world, it is almost impossible not to be a murderer. Tara's naive nature or maybe hopeful nature that murder is not necessary seems like a beacon in the darkness of this world. I keep waiting for her to reach Willow and show her that murder is not the only option. *Guess I'm naive as well.*

I love the description in your story. Tara on the fire escape was hilarious. The woman resorted to underwear to get rid of the pervert. I also enjoyed Willow catching Tara with the red lace bra stuck to her shirt. Between anger and embarrassment it is no wonder Willow made no leeway.

Keep writing

Alicia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:09 am 
3. Flaming O

Hi all,

Work and study keeps me busy nowadays but managed to get some free time to upload not 1, not 2, but 3 chapters :dance so it's all good (not to mention that GTA5 is well underway - I just hope it'll be out before Christmas :bounce) thanks for the messages and reviews - it's just nice to know someone still reads it :grin

~.~.~.~.~
Chapter 10 - The Truth
~.~.~.~.~

The man was screaming, but it was not enough.

So she pressed harder.

He was still screaming, but still, it was not enough.

Willow looked down at her hands.

Blood covered her hands, her arms. Even her black kimono felt heavier, soaked with blood.

But it was not enough.

This man... this thing... he might be a low level Colombian, but he was the reason why Willow was back in this hellhole... they were the reason why Willow had come back.

Why Willow met Tara.

Tara's words had hurt Willow more than she cared to admit. She was a monster... she should not be hurt by words.

But she did... didn't she? Just as a monster should not have cared to plan for a future...

No.

Now, looking at that thing in front of her... she felt... numb.

No. It was not numb. It was peace.

Yes. Peace.

This was the reason why Asuka had chosen her in the first place.

This was the reason why... she was... Willow Kasen.

Yes.

Her lips curved up without being commanded to do so. Her hand shot forward, figures digging deep into the man's torso.

She did not pull out any organ... yet. Just wiggled her figures a bit, feeling the warmth that was uniquely human.

Or might be it was because of coldness in her heart that had made it feel so warm?

Willow closed her figures around something warm, and the man screamed again.

"YAMETE! WILLOW-SAN!"

Miyuki ran into the room, her arms tightened around her as her forehead pressing against Willow's back. "Mouiiyo..."

"Please speak in English. You will not be able to improve if you don't practice."

"Mou-" Miyuki swallowed. "That's enough, I beg of you."

"Did his screams wake you-"

"NO!" Miyuki shouted and spun Willow around. "You are not... please just... you are not... Asuka is gone..."

She could see the pain in Miyuki's eyes... and she wanted to take it away... because she was their monster. She was supposed to protect them. She was not supposed to cause them pain... she did not want Miyuki to be in pain.

"You are one of us now... you don't have to be that monster anymore..."

Willow raised her hand. She could feel the blood of the man's rapidly cooled on her skin. She touched Miyuki's cheek softly.

"No..."

Miyuki was the youngest. The family had always wanted to shield her from the outside world... but no longer. She was an adult now, and she was to join the family business...

She needed to see the truth, just as the peace brought the truth out of Willow.

"Just as you will always be a Kasen... I will always be that monster."

~.~.~.~.~

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:11 am 
3. Flaming O

~.~.~.~.~
Chapter 11.1 - Food
~.~.~.~.~

"Kid." Tara nodded back at Toni who was sitting rather comfortably at the couch in the front room of the Gentlemen's Club, before sitting at the other side. "How's Rosie's kid?"

"She's... okay." When Toni leaned forward, staring intensively at the blond, Tara continued. "Um... the Yakuza hasn't planned anything, at least not that I know of."

"Well, if she doesn't want you to know you can't do nothing about it." Toni commented before leaning back. "There's more important thing to do right now. Go get this to the Doc at the Carson General," He pointed at the briefcase on the coffee table. "He will give you some merchandises; get them to the Bitch'n' Dog Food so young Marty can do some of his magic before delivering them to the City Hall. Make sure you reach there by six - there's a meeting at the Hall tonight and they're expecting it."

Tara nodded and left, half wondering what drugs she was supposed to pick up - after all, what else in a hospital can be called merchandise?

~.~.~.~.~

Getting into the Mafia sentinel parked in front of the club, Tara drove towards the Carson General Hospital. Aside from couple of bullet holes she had earned from a passing by Triad, the trip was rather uneventful.

Parking the car just outside the hospital's back door, it did not take long for Tara to spot a man wearing lab coat at the entrance, smoking. The man spotted Tara, flicked away his cigarette, and moved towards her. "You're late."

Tara nodded. "You're the Doc?"

"That's what they called me." The man shrugged, and frowned when he spotted the sentinel over Tara's shoulder. "You ain't going nowhere with that car. Get a truck girl. I'll be waiting."

"Girl?" Tara raised an eyebrow. "My name's-"

"Not asking for your life story." The Doc cut her off. "Go. I don't have all day." He waved her off.

Shaking her head, Tara quickly ran up to the main street, and looked around. It didn't take long for her to spot a Yankee nearby. Without thinking, she ran up to the trunk, swung open the door, pulled the driver out, before jumping in and drove off. The whole process did not take longer than a minute, and with a blink of an eye, Tara found herself back outside the hospital's back door. "Where's my cut?" The Doc went up to greet her.

Tara blinked. "Oh. Here." She ran to the sentinel that was still parked nearby, and handed him the briefcase. The Doc nodded, and took off his white lab coat. "Wear this." He told her. "In case someone noticed." Tara put it on, and followed the Doc into the hospital.

The two of them reached the basement of the hospital, and raised an eyebrow when she followed him into the morgue. "Here." He said, and pointed at one of the gurneys that had a body on it.

"What?"

The Doc frowned. "Don't tell me you have never seen a body before."

"What am I suppose to do with it?"

"Didn't Toni tell you?" Greeted by Tara's blank expression, the Doc shook his head. "Doesn't matter." He reached for another gurney. "Just follow me."

"But-"

"Are you here to talk or to work?"

Tara bit her lips and nodded as she followed the Doc and pushed the gurney out of the morgue.

Tara pair walked quickly until they reached out at the back of the hospital again. The Doc loaded the two bodies into the trunk. "Do you know where these two are supposed to go?" Tara nodded. "Then drive fast; they won't last in this temperature."

Tara nodded, jumped into the trunk, and drove towards the Bitch'n' Dog Food.

~.~.~.~.~

Tara reached the factory, stopping the truck at the gate. She honked, and a young man who Tara suspected to be 'young Marty' appeared just behind the gate. "Toni sent you?" Tara nodded. "What took you so long? C'mon in. We don't have much time." The gate opened, and Tara drove the trunk into the factory area, parking it just opposite the door.

The man quickly pulled the two bodies out of the truck. "Wait here." He said, and went about to pulled the two bodies onto a small moving trolley, and wheeled them into the factory. It was not long before the low humming sound of machine could be heard from outside.

Tara stepped out of the truck, and started looking around. She noticed a small open window just at the side of the factory. Wondering what was happening inside, Tara went back to the truck, and re-parked it so the truck will be right next to the factory wall, just under the window. Carefully, she climbed up the truck, and took a peek.

Young Marty was standing next to a huge machine. From her angel she could not see the man's face, but only his back as he worked on the machine. From not far away, she could see the trolley the man had used - only without the bodies. Frowning, she turned back towards the man, and swallowed as the man turned, with what looked like blood on his face.

It didn't take long before the man went behind the machine, and picked up a cooler. Seeing the man was about to come out, she jumped down from the truck, and re-parked it back to the earlier spot. The door opened just as Tara turned off the engine. "Did I hear car engine?"

Tara swallowed, and pointed at the gate. "It's facing the main road, of course you hear cars."

Young Marty shrugged, and put the cooler into the truck. "It's done. I have put some ice in it, just in case." Tara nodded, and started to drive away when young Marty shouted after her. "And tell Toni the factory is mine now! This is the last time I am doing his bidding! We're even!"

~.~.~.~.~

Tara parked the truck at the City Hall parking lot, and turned off the engine. She was about to open the door when a woman suddenly appeared next to the window. "Are you the delivery girl?" Tara blinked. "From Mr. Cipriani?"

"Oh. Yes." The woman stepped aside as Tara jumped out of the truck and went to pull out the cooler. "Here."

The woman nodded and accepted the cooler. "Please tell your employer that my employer is grateful for the contribution. He will be in contact soon." She said, before matching into the City Hall. Tara waited for a minute, before following the woman into the Hall.

Tara slipped into the corridor, and found the woman she saw earlier walking into the main hall. She followed, and halted when she saw the words that were printed nearly on a A4 paper, which was sticked on the main hall's door:

"MAYOR O'DONOVAN'S PRIVATE PARTY"

~.~.~.~.~

"The Mayor? Are you sure?"

Tara nodded. She had contacted the high commissioner of the LCPD once she had left the City Hall, and they decided to meet at their usual location - the old underground sewage.

"We have always suspected he is not as clean as he claimed to be, but why would the Mafia willing to deal with him? The Mafia got Donald Love to run against him during last election, and he put the old Don on trial once O'Donovan got sworn into the office." Angel frowned. "Had Toni tell you anything?"

Tara shook her head. "Maybe it's a good opportunity to start collecting evidence then, if the Mayor is linked to the Mafia?" Tara paused. "I know you said our main concern should be with the Mafia, but-"

"No, you're right." Tara's eyes went wide for the second; she was so sure Angel would shut her down, just as he had shut down the investigation into Yakuza. "I'll get someone to bug the Mayor's phone... You look surprised."

"It's just... the Yakuza..."

"The Yakuza is still off limits. The new development with the Mayor won't change that." Angel commented. "I'll start working from my end. In the mean time collect as much evidence on the Mafia and the Mayor as possible."

Tara could not understand, but decided not to argue either. "Okay."

~.~.~.~.~

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:12 am 
3. Flaming O

Chapter 11.2 - Ma Cipriani
~.~.~.~.~

Toni was just on his way out when Tara reached the Gentlemen's Club. "Kid." He gestured Tara to follow him. "Today's ma's birthday. I've picked out something for her at the jewellery shop on the main street. Go pick it up and take it to my Ma's. I'll be waiting there." He looked at his watch. "Make sure you reach there before six."

Tara nodded, and watched as the limo left the club.

~.~.~.~.~

Tara drove to the main street, and parked just outside the one and only high ended jewellery store in Liberty City. With the amounts of gangs and thugs living in this city, it was not surprised for Tara to find that even with the two guards standing just inside the entrance with their shotguns, the entrance to the shop was locked. Pressing the button on the communication unit, she ignored the piercing eyes of the guards. "My name is Tara. I'm here to pick up something for Toni?"

"Mr. Cipriani? Ah yes. He said to expect you." The door buzzed. "Please, c'mon in."

"Thank you." Tara pushed the door opened and went inside.

Taking the escalator to the second floor, Tara matched towards the counter. "Please wait here for a moment." A woman behind the counter greeted Tara. "Someone will be with you soon."

Tara waited, and started looking around. None of the jewellery on display had a price tag on it, but Tara guessed each would probably cost more than her apartment. She was staring at a particular blink-y watch when a man with grey suit ran out from the back to the store. "Miss Kasen. Mr Kimura." Tara turned, surprised to find Willow and a young Japanese standing there. Willow must had not been expected Tara too as she just stood there, staring at Tara. "Your engagement rings are ready. Why don't we talk in my office?"

"Of course." The man that was with Willow nodded. When Willow did not move, the man placed his hand on Willow's back. "Willow-san?"

Willow finally torn her eyes from Tara, and nodded at the man. Tara watched as the pair followed the man into the back of the store, but only one word stuck in her mind.

Engagement.

~.~.~.~.~

Tara made her way towards Toni's mother's restaurant at Saint Mark's, and found couple of limos had parked nearby.

It must be some party Toni is throwing for his mother.

It would also give Tara an opportunity to meet more high ranking Mafia, an opportunity Tara would normally look forward to. But her mind refused to move away from the word that had stuck in her mind since she saw Willow walking away with that Japanese man.

Engagement.

When did she have gotten engaged to another man? How?

Why?

Tara sighed, stepping out of her car. She had assumed that Willow was gay - was she wrong?

Might be Willow had been playing her all along?

Sighing again, Tara made her way into the restaurant. She could see groups of Mafias nearby, most surrounding an old woman with grey-white hair, and it did not take a genius to figure out she was Toni's mother - or Ma Cipriani, as most Mafia had called her. She was at least a head shorter than Toni, but about the same weight as her son.

"Ah Tara."

Tara turned towards the voice. "Toni." She handed the jewellery box she received earlier.

Toni opened the jewellery box and smiled. "Good." He looked around. "Why don't you go have a drink? Joey had setup couple of tables outside."

Tara nodded, not really expecting she would have been invited to sit with Toni in the first place, and made her way at one of the tables at the courtyard, just near the entrance. Nodding at couple of the Mafia nearby, she was about to pour herself a drink when her cell rang. Frowning, she picked up her phone. "Hello?"

"T? You with Toni?"

The urgency underlying Faith's voice caused her to put her drink down. "Faith?"

"You need to go, NOW!"

"Faith, what's wrong?"

Any reply was cut off when a huge explosion rocked the yard. Tara fell to the ground, her ears ringing from the unexpected noise. She looked up, and found a group of Triad appeared, guns blazing. Quickly jumped onto her feet, she rushed into the restaurant. "It's the Triad!"

"Damn it! C'mon ma!"

Toni was pulling his mother towards the back door when, out of a sudden, Toni's mother slapped Toni in the face. "They disrespected your mother! Are you going to let them get away with it?!"

"But ma-"

The old woman made her way towards one of the Mafia nearby, grabbed his gun, and shoved it into Toni's hand. "Go and be a MAN!"

Toni blinked at her mother, just as the rest of the Mafia stared at the old woman with new light; she might be old, and fat, and had a big mouth, but she was also a Mafia woman through and through. Not needing further prompt, Toni and a dozen Mafia matched towards the door. "Tara, take ma to the Gentlemen's Club."

Tara nodded, and pulled the old woman out towards the back door.

~.~.~.~.~

It was luck that Tara found a Banshee parked at the back of the restaurant. Wasting no time, she unlocked the door, and pushed the old woman into the car, before jumping into the driver seat. She was expecting the Triad to show up and started shooting at them - but she was not expecting the sound of helicopter and the gunshots coming from above.

The LCPD was shooting at them.

"Hang tight!" Tara screamed, and stepped on the gas pedal, hard. The car shot forward, and Tara navigated her way towards the Gentlemen's Club, while trying to duck the bullets that were aiming at them. Her mind was half wondering how the police would appeared so quickly, but any question would have to put aside when she found two police cars parked at the entrance of the Gentlemen's Club, effectively blocking the entrance.

"Hit them!"

Tara bit her lips, ignoring the brave (or rather stupid) suggestion from Ma Cipriani; Banchee might be fast, but it was not built to be a bumper car; with the police cars chasing after them and the bullets coming from the helicopter above, Tara was sure the car would not last any longer, let alone driving through two police cars. Instead, Tara pulled hard on the hand brake while turning the wheel, making the car spun and did a 180 degrees turn, before speeding it down towards the Red Light District.

The only hope now was to reach Pay'n'Spray before the car exploded.

"What are you doing?! Go back!"

Tara ignored the old woman again and focused on the road as she dodged the police cars that were chasing after them. She could see smoke started to come out from the car engine, just as their saviour appeared as the form of the Pay'n'Spray just around the corner.

Pulling hard the hand break for the second time, Tara did a 360, and drove into the Pay'n'Spray.

~.~.~.~.~

Tara drove towards the Gentlemen's Club, her eyes keeping watch for any cops or Triad on route. Ma Cipriani had gone quiet once she noticed the massive damage to the car at the paint shop, and Tara was grateful for it.

Finally reaching the Gentlemen's Club, Tara sighed in relieve that the two police cars had gone, and drove straight to the garage. "Where's Toni?" She asked one of the Mafia as they made their way towards the main floor.

Before anyone could answer, Toni, along with number of the Mafia, appeared. Ma Cipriani went to him, and the mother and son immediately fell into each other's comforting arms.

Not wanting to intrude the moment, Tara nodded goodbyes to other Mafia and left.

~.~.~.~.~