The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Hardest Part
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:41 pm 
5. Willowhand

great update!

Post subject: Re: The Hardest Part Chapter 4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:31 pm 
2. Floating Rose

writerfreak- Haha, I don't know how you missed the second update, but all is well now that you have caught up! I'm happy that you are liking the angst in this fic and that you said so!

BigBlueEyes- Haha, I'm happy that you're loving it! Sorry for keeping you waiting! Thanks for the comments

CrazyTaraWitch- Thank you for commenting. And yes, Buffy is being annoying! So yeah, here's another chapter, and I hope you keep on commenting for me!

AlysonGoddess- Thanks for saying so, and I'm glad you're liking it. I shall continue updating! Here's another right now! Enjoy it!

I_love_Danish- Yes, this Buffy is a little different, and I hope you like the direction I'm going with the fic! Thanks for the feedback!

willow_tara_always- Yes, she is a bit different. i had someone in mind when I wrote that part! Anyways, thanks for commenting, and I hope you enjoy the next chapter

kimmy_s- Hey kimmy, thank you for the nice comments on my fic. I appreciate it! Although I'm not happy that you were almost in tears, I am happy that you feel my writing is good enough to nearly have you in tears! That means a lot that you said that! Thanks again for the comments, and I hope this next chapter causing the same reaction. (Not the nearly crying part, the liking of the fic part!)

WillowRulez - haha, I'm happy you're liking the fic, and the B/W parts! She was treating a little bit lke Dawn, wasn't she! i think we all feel bad for Willow! It's not a happy thing! Anyways, thanks for the feedbackl!

db- Hey db! How are you? I think you may be right about Willow! She does need ahug or two! And that's the whole horrible part about falling for your best friend! You can't talk about it with your best friend! It totally sucks! We shall see if Xander comes to the rescue! I can't reveal that to you yet haha!! And it is true, you can't make someone love you! Wouldn't it be so much easier if you could? But I guess that would take the magic out of it! What a crazy thing, love is! So yeah, thanks a lot for the nice, long feedback! That's how I like it! I hope you like the next part of the fic! Keep commenting!

Fleiss- Thanks for saying so!

*********************************************************************************************

Title: The Hardest Part

Author: Katie AKA Luv4WillTara

Spoilers: AU fic..

Disclaimer: All characters belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy Inc. etc.

Setting: Set around the time of season 4!

Summary: Willow tries to cope with her feelings for Tara.

Authors notes: This fic is kind of angsty, so if that’s not your cup of tea, I suggest reading something else. Also, this fic is done in first person perspective (Willow’s perspective) so if that’s also not your cup of tea, then this will be quite an unpleasing fic for some of you. But I hope you give it a chance.

*******************************************************************************************

Chapter Four

I stood outside the only gay bar in town and contemplated whether or not to actually go inside. I looked up at the sign reading “The Rainbow Palace” written in the colors of the rainbow, and I shook my head at how unoriginal the name was.

“I shouldn’t be doing this! How can I even think of going in there to meet someone else when my heart belongs to Tara? I’m totally cheapening my love for her!” I turned around and began to walk back to my apartment.

“I mean, what would Tara say if she knew I was out meeting other women?” I stopped at that thought. She wouldn’t care! She’d probably be happy for me! Even after Tara turned me down, I deluded myself into thinking that Tara was mine; she just couldn’t be with me! I stood on the sidewalk about twenty feet from The Rainbow Palace, and realized for the first time that Tara and I would never be together. That I would never know what it felt like to say “I love you Tara” and hear her say it back to me. I suddenly became mad at Tara for not loving me back, for rejecting me with the intent of never being with me. I decided then that maybe ‘crazy Buffy’ was right. I turned around and headed back for The Rainbow Palace, determined to find someone who would be able to actually develop feelings for me.

I opened the door to the gay bar and was surprised to see how empty the place was. The bouncer looked me up and down before grabbing a pink stamp and stamping my hand with it. I looked down to see two interlinking female symbols resting on the pale flesh of my hand. I looked up and smiled at the bouncer, who just continued to stare at me. Feeling a little uneasy, I decided to walk over to the bar to order a drink. I sat down on an unoccupied barstool and looked beside me to see a man wearing a pink sparkly shirt sipping on some sort of dark pink liquid in a martini glass.

“I’ll have whatever he’s having!” I said to the bartender who had just come over to my side of the bar. She looked me up and down, just like the bouncer did, as if trying to guess my age, or possibly my gender.

“You have ID?” The bartender asked as she wiped up a little puddle of spilled liquid. I got up off the stool, pulled my wallet out of my back pocket, and gave her my driver’s license. She studied the card for a couple seconds before handing it back and turning to fix my drink. I put my wallet back into my back pocket, and turned to watch the people on the dance floor. After hearing a small clinking sound in front of me, I turned to see the bartender putting my drink on the bar. I paid her before turning again to watch the various people dancing, taking occasional sips of my drink, which I thought pretty good. I had never really enjoyed the taste of alcohol, so I always became a little excited when I found an alcoholic beverage that I liked. I twisted back to face the bar and watched as the bartender refilled the man in the pink shirt’s drink.

After ten minutes of gazing at the alcohol bottles in front of me, scowling as the cat on the Sour Puss bottle gave me a strange look (I believed it was telling me that I shouldn’t have been there), I decided that once I finished my second drink, I would leave The Rainbow Palace.

“Can I buy you a drink?” I heard a female voice say behind me. I turned around to see a girl with pink hair standing expectantly, and I realized that it was the girl from the coffee shop.

“I uh, already have this pink stuff!” I replied, truly taken aback that someone was actually hitting on me.

“How about a dance then?” The pink-haired lady asked, obviously not giving up. This made me feel a little worried and a little flattered at the same time! I didn’t think I was ready to do anything with someone who wasn’t Tara, but it made me feel good that she was asking. It was a change!

“I can’t really dance,” I replied, not sure whether I was trying to save myself the embarrassment or if I was trying to turn her down! She looked me over and smirked.

“Are you trying to turn me down, or are you doing the hard to get thing?” I decided that I kind of liked this woman. I wasn’t ready for anything romantic, but I could definitely see her becoming a friend. It would be good for me to get a couple of gay friends. It was always hard being the only gay one in the group.

“I just can’t dance! I’d probably step all over your feet, and make a fool of myself and stuff. I was trying to save you some feet pain,” I replied.

“Well, I think that this could be a good learning experience for you then! What do you say?” She held out her hand, and I wasn’t sure whether to take it or not. I felt like I would be betraying Tara, and I didn’t know if I would be able to do that. I reminded myself that Tara didn’t care about me, and that I shouldn’t give up a good opportunity with someone new for someone who didn’t want to be with me!

“I uh… ok!” I said while taking her hand. She led me over to the dance floor and we began to dance to a slow song. It felt awkward. She was a very good dancer, and she guided me with ease, but it just didn’t feel right to me. It wasn’t Tara!

“So, did you like the coffee?” I asked her, referring to our meeting at the coffee shop earlier that day.

“The coffee? Oh, from earlier! Yeah, it was very… coffee-like. You?” She responded. I felt stupid for bringing up coffee while dancing. I had been feeling stupid a lot lately.

“Yeah. Well no, I threw it out before I got to drink it! Er, by accident!” I didn’t feel like explaining why I threw it out!

“Oh! That sucks. Hey, I’m Kaitlan by the way! We didn’t really get a chance to actually introduce ourselves! But yeah, that’s me,” she said to me, and I instantly felt stupid for not introducing myself to the girl I had been dancing with.

“I’m Willow,” I replied. Kaitlan smiled before taking her hand off my shoulder and holding it out in between our bodies for me to shake.

“It’s good to officially meet you Willow,” she said before I grabbed her hand and shook it. I let go of her hand and we went back to dancing. It still didn’t feel right to me. She was good, and I was really starting to like her personality, but it wasn’t like dancing with Tara. I had only slow danced with Tara twice in my life; once when we were drunk and joking around, and the other time when we were only a little drunk and dancing together after the “Happy New Year” cheers on January first of last year.

It had been the most amazing night of my life. We were all at Xander and Anya’s place to watch the ball drop on TV. We were all drinking margaritas, except for Xander who was drinking beer, claiming that margaritas were girly drinks and they would affect his ‘macho-like’ status. Buffy had brought her boyfriend at the time, Riley Finn, whom she spent most of the night ‘kanoodaling’ with, and I brought Tara, who was still fairly new to the group. Tara and I had been on our third margarita, and were starting to feel the effects of the alcohol when we all began the New Year’s countdown. After the ball dropped, and we all celebrated the arrival of the new year, Xander turned on his stereo and we all began dancing to it. After the first song ended, a slow song came on, and all the couples began slow dancing. Tara and I sat on the couch feeling left out, and I, feeling a little giddy from three margaritas and a night full of Tara, decided to jokingly ask Tara to dance. Tara jokingly accepted, and we got up and started dancing, trying our best not to giggle and ruin the romantic moment for everyone else. Tara wasn’t a very good dancer, and I was no John Travolta myself, so we spent most of the dance stepping on each other’s feet, almost tripping, and laughing a little too loud for everyone else’s approval.

That moment was so perfect for me because it felt so real. This woman who was absolutely perfect in my eyes, had absolutely no dancing skills. It wasn’t Hollywood-like with my perfect woman being able to dance magnificently; twirling and spinning me with ease, making me gasp as she threw me up into the air, and caught me in her arms. It wasn’t fake. She had a flaw, and it was the best flaw ever fore it turned a potentially dull and awkward moment into a wonderful, giggle-filled event. She wasn’t perfect, yet for some reason that made her seem more perfect to me! And when the dance ended, I sat back down on the couch, watching Tara try to dance, and it occurred to me that I was in love with her! At that moment, I felt like I needed to be closer to her, so I jumped up off the couch and hugged her, and when she hugged me back, my heart skipped a beat or two. I overheard Riley ask Buffy if Tara and I were dating, and it made me even giddier. We could be seen as a couple! It was perfect.

“Ouch,” I heard someone say, the noise scaring me a little which brought me back to reality. After a moment I realized the sound had come from Kaitlan, and that my lack of concentration had caused me to step on her foot.

“Oh, I’m sorry! I told you I wasn’t a very good dancer,” I apologized. I felt totally embarrassed and decided to lower my head and cause my hair to cover my face. The action reminded me too much of Tara, and I quickly lifted my head, causing it to collide with Kaitlan’s chin.

“Oh my god. I’m sorry, I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to do that!” I started searching her chin for cuts and bruises when I heard her laughing.

“Hey man, no worries. It didn’t really hurt!” I felt a little better, but still a little embarrassed over my clumsiness. The song ended, and we let go of each other. I half expected her to run for the door, but she didn’t move.

“So, do you want to go get some coffee or something?” The mention of coffee after my daydream caused a feeling of emptiness to crawl inside my belly. How was I supposed to forget Tara when even the girl who I wanted to take my mind of Tara reminded me of her? I desperately wanted someone to talk to who wouldn’t force me to hook up with someone else, but Xander wouldn’t be back from his business trip for another couple of days.

“Actually, it’s getting kind of late. I think I’m going to head home,” I said to her apologetically. I didn’t want to hurt her feelings, but it was just too confusing to try and fill the Tara void!

“Hey, don’t worry! But we should do this again sometime!” I nodded and smiled before saying goodbye to her. I turned around and headed out the door of The Rainbow Palace when a hand on my shoulder stopped me. I turned around and saw a flash of pink, before realizing that I was staring at Kaitlan’s hair. She pushed a piece of paper into my hands.

“Just in case you want to get that cup of coffee,” and with that, she turned around and left. I looked down at the piece of paper in my hand, and unfolded it to find Kaitlan’s phone number written on the dented, white paper. I smiled at the paper in my hand. It felt good to not be rejected. With that thought, I turned around and headed back to Buffy’s house as I promised I would do.

[/b]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:47 pm 
9. Gay Now

Well... I'll reluctantly agree that it may actually have been a good idea for Willow to get out. Kaitlan seems nice - and it is good for Willow to get a little ego boost, even if she *was* a complete spaz on the dance floor...

...still Tara's on Will's mind, and that is not the right way to get into a relationship (not that this is where things are heading, but I was *thinking* that maybe a bout with jealousy might give Tara the kick in the pants she needs)...

The thing is, I have *no* idea what is or has or was or is going to be going on in Tara's mind, and I want to . This Tara seems so different than canon Tara - I mean canon Tara was all totally smitten with Willow - I just can't wrap my mind around where Tara is coming from here...

Tell me. Please?

db

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:17 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

well go willow for trying.. but we all know taras the one :)
Please update soon!
Erin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:53 pm 
3. Flaming O

Ahh! I love it. I love clumsy Willow, hilarious. I can't wait for more!

**And that's how we raise the dead in Ericaland."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:44 am 
3. Flaming O

aww ace! love it. keep the great updates coming sweetpea. i hope tara gets all jealous n discovers shes actually in love with willow xx

Jo xx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:40 pm 
8. Vixen

I'm assuming we havent seen the last of Kaitlin yet - she is nice. Hope she'll become a good friend of Willow's.
Quote:
I had only slow danced with Tara twice in my life; once when we were drunk and joking around, and the other time when we were only a little drunk and dancing together after the “Happy New Year” cheers on January first of last year.

So Tara only 'likes' Willow when she is drunk? As of now that is. That has to change :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:30 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

WOW, that was really great! Even though Willow was having a hard time letting herself have a little fun, I think she feels a little better. But she still has love and respect for Tara, beautiful. Anyhoo, great update. Keep'em coming when you can. Smiles. =)

"I've always believed it doesn't matter who you sleep with. What's important is how you treat people." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:46 pm 
5. Willowhand

Awww, poor Willow. I really like this story, but Tara needs to get this thing straightened out and SOON!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:50 pm 
5. Willowhand

Being a huge willow fan I have to say this is pai nful to read. I dont really blame tara.If the feeling isnt there it just isnt but my god is this killing me to have to read my willow`s pain.and you write it and her so well damn you.
In the words of Giles..."carry on then."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:10 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Hey Kittens. Sorry it took me so long for this next update! I was in British Columbia for a week for my cousins wedding! But now I am back, and the updates will resume with their frequency!

db- Hey db! Thanks for the comments. I do think Willow needed a bit of an ego boost! The Tara thing *did* hit her hard! And you are right, it would not be for the right reasons if she got involved with Kaitlan, but we'll have to see where that goes! That's the thing with first person writing, you get a good grasp of the emotions that the "first person" has, but it's hard to capture the emotions of the people around that person! Anyways, keep reading. Hopefully this next chapter helps you feel what Tara's feeling!

AlysonGoddess- Haha you know it! I think it will always be Tara for Willow! I mean, how can you fill those shoes?

BigBlueEyes- I'm happy you're liking it, and who doesn't love clumsy Willow? Haha, thanks for commenting, and here's more!

willow_tara_always- Well, I am very happy that you are liking it, and I thank you for saying so! We'll just have to see what happens with Willow and Tara. Here's another update for you! Keep commenting!

I_love_Danish- Howdy Danish! Well, first off, I'd like to say that you are a clever little bugger fore Lucy from all over me was definitely my visual aid for Kaitlan! When I write her, I just think of Leisha Hailey in that movie! So yes, you are 100% correct! I am a total Leisha Hailey Fan! Especially in that movie, I thought it was so well done, you know! I'm glad you like Kaitlan, I like her as well! Tara is very much in her own world, but you still have to feel bad for her! I mean, it's hard losing someone because you just can't return their feelings. But, we'll have to see what happens with that! Anyways, thank you for the feedback! Keep commenting, I will be looking for your comments!

WillowRulez- We'll have to see what happens with Kaitlan! But I'm happy you like her! Haha, they definitely get a lot closer when they are both drunk! But again, we'll have to see what hapens with that! I hope you enjoy the next update

Tarababy77- I'm very happy that you enjoyed it! Willow was having a bit of a hard time having fun, but I think that's kind of to be expected after being burned so badly! Anyways, thanks a lot for the comments. They are what keep me writing! The next update won't take me so long though, which is good! So yeah, thanks again Tarababy

highlandlass25 - I'm happy that you like this story! We'll have to see how this turns out for poor Willow! Thanks for the feedback

willohand- Hey willohand! What's been going on! Sorry about taking a break from Summercamp! I haven't been in my happy-go-lucky-summercamp mood, but I will continue with it! I'm sorry this fic is painful to read! I do write her pain, and I appologize for it! It's not very nice of me! I hope it doesn't turn you away from this fic though! One of the things I miss most from Summer Camp were all your crazy comments! Anyways, I hope you keep reading and commenting!

*********************************************************************************************

Authors notes: This fic is kind of angsty, so if that’s not your cup of tea, I suggest reading something else. Also, this fic is done in first person perspective (Willow’s perspective) so if that’s also not your cup of tea, then this will be quite an unpleasing fic for some of you. But I hope you give it a chance.

***********************************************************************************************************

Chapter Five

I walked down the road that lead to Buffy’s house, and turned towards it once I reached her driveway. I felt very tired, and was looking forward to crawling into my own bed at home. I could see that Buffy’s living room window was open, and was startled to see Tara standing on the other side of it. I watched as Buffy returned with two cups of coffee in her hand, and decided that Tara must have just arrived; getting coffee was always Buffy’s icebreaker! I snuck up to the window, being sure to not make any noise that would give away my arrival, and listened in on their conversation.

“…you here?” I heard Buffy say to Tara. I missed the first part of the sentence while walking to the window.

“I’m looking for W-willow! I need to talk to her! I w-went to her apartment but sh-she wasn’t there, and I’m starting to get worried about her! Do you kn-know where she is Buffy?” Just hearing Tara’s voice made me ache inside. I could hear her stuttering, which she hadn’t done for so long, and she sounded so sad and lonely. I wanted so much to go inside and talk to her, but I knew once I saw her, words would leave me and I wouldn’t be able to speak.

“What do you need to talk to her about?” Buffy replied to Tara’s question with another question. Buffy had always done that to me. It was always very frustrating.

“Everything is just s-so messed up! Sh-she told me this huge thing, and I didn’t know how t-to react. And n-now, everything is so awkward between us. I m-m-miss my friend, Buffy! And she won’t even let m-me tell her that!” It felt like there were a ton of bricks in my stomach. I peeked my head over to where I could see inside the house, and my heart lurched in my chest when I saw Tara standing in Buffy’s living room. She looked so sad!

“She needs time Tara. You can’t expect her to just be over it so soon. Give her time, then talk to her!”

“B-but it’s the time part that scares me. What if sh-she never comes around? Wh-what if she gets used to the time w-without me and decides t-to n-never talk to m-me again?” I could hear the panic in Tara’s voice, and it reminded me of the panic I felt when Buffy told me to forget Tara!

“I don’t think that’s going to happen though, Tara. I mean, earlier today, when I told her to go find someone else to forget about you, she became all panic-y and didn’t want to do it!” I started to panic. I didn’t want Tara to know I was off meeting other women! I didn’t want her to think my love for her wasn’t real!

“You t-told her to what? How c-could you Buffy? You know how m-much means t-to me!”

“No, I didn’t mean “forget you” as in cut you out of her life. I just told her she should find someone more available. Forget her love for you, so she’ll be happy again! Plus, even if she did forget about you, I mean it would be hard for you, but it might be better for her, wouldn’t it?” I slapped my hand to my head! What the hell was she saying? She was not making any of this better for Tara. I looked over and saw the hurt look on Tara’s face. I felt a lump build up in my throat as I looked at her, and finding it hard to breathe, I forced my eyes off of her.

“You don’t get it Buffy! I d-don’t have your life! I didn’t grow up w-with a loving f-family or a group f-full of friends! I’ve n-never had s-someone who I’ve cared about, and who’s care about m-me. But when I met W-willow, that all changed! I f-finally met someone who I connected to, and wh-who I cared about. S-someone who it felt good to be around. It wouldn’t be hard for me if she forgot about m-me, it would completely destroy me! I n-need her in my life! And m-maybe I’m being selfish; wanting her around me when sh-she’s hurting so m-much, but I’m hurting too, and I n-need my best friend! I miss her!”

I couldn’t listen anymore. It was too much for me to take! Never in my life had I heard Tara use so many words, and they were all so powerful and emotional! I hadn’t realized that I was causing her so much pain. I knew how hard Tara’s life was! I knew how horrible her family was to her and how lost and alone she felt her whole life! It took me ages to get her to open up to me; to make her understand that I was her friend and that I cared about her! I had never become that close to anyone in my life. I was never able to understand how no one had seen her specialness before me; how no one had ever cared for her the way I did. I promised myself so long ago that I would do anything to spare her pain, and now I was the one causing it! I felt horrible at that moment. I didn’t know what to do! I wanted to go in and tell Tara that I missed her too, but lately, words had been failing me.

Not knowing what else to do, I turned around and ran back towards my apartment. I would be curious as to what else was said between Buffy and Tara, but I felt too emotional to stay. I hated myself for causing Tara pain. I was mad that she couldn’t love me back, but I still cared about her, I still wanted her to be happy! I kept running until I reached my apartment. I stopped before the stairs to catch my breath, leaning on the railing for support.

“What in the frilly heck do I do now?” I asked myself as I walked up the stairs to my apartment. I knew I had to talk to Tara. I had to clear the air between us. I needed her to know that I still cared about her and that I needed her in my life, but I just needed time to get over her.

I reached in my pocket and pulled out the keys to my apartment. After unlocking the door, I went inside and threw my keys onto the table, hearing the clanking sound they made as the metal of the keys collided with the hard wood surface. I saw the light on my answering machine flash, indicating that someone had left a message. I pushed the button and walked back to the door to kick off my shoes. The usual beeping sound came on to alert me of the message that was about to be played.

“Willow, this is your mother. I haven’t heard from you in a while now. Are your fingers broken? You can’t pick up a phone and let your poor mother know what’s going on in your life? You know, I could die tomorrow, and then you’ll feel horrible for not calling your mother! So do me a favor hun, give me a call, it’s the least you can do for the person who sat in the delivery room for fourteen hours giving birth to you, ok? Alright, I love ya sweetie!” The beep sounded informing me that the message was over. A few seconds later, a second beep sounded.

“Hey Will, it’s Xander. Just calling to check in, see how things are going out there. Things are finishing up here a little sooner than expected, so I’ll be back on Tuesday instead of Friday. Just thought I’d let you know! I was hoping to actually talk to you, but you’re probably over at Buffy’s! I’ll call over there a little later. What? Oh yeah, Ok. Be right there… The boss man is signaling me to get back to work, so I better go do that! I’ll see you Tuesday Willster! We’ll do a big vid fest, with ice cream and everything. I’ll see ya then Will!” The beep went off and I suddenly really missed Xander. He was always way better to talk to than Buffy. I really wanted Tuesday to hurry up and get here. I walked to the bathroom to get my toothbrush when a final beep filled the room.

“W-willow? Hey, it’s me, Tara. I um, I w-wanted to talk to you! I just… I understand that y-you don’t want to talk about it… wh-what happened with our friendship I mean, but I want you t-to know that I still… I m-miss you Willow. You are… I don’t w-want to lose this friendship. It’s c-come to mean s-so much to me and I… God, I’ve n-never been any good at th-these speeches. I just miss you. And I w-wanted you to know that. I… I guess th-that’s all. Ok, bye.”

I stood frozen in my bathroom doorway. The message had caught me completely by surprise. I hadn’t expected her to call. I slid down the doorframe and sat on the floor, my mind buzzing from the day’s events. I didn’t know what to do. I reached into my pockets and felt a small crumpled piece of paper. I took out the paper and looked at the contents written on it. I recognized that it was the paper that Kaitlan had given me with her number on it. I put my head in my hands and gently massaged my temples, trying to figure out what to do next.

“Arg, why does this have to be so confusing?” I asked myself as I looked back to the paper in my hand.

“Do I call Tara and try to figure this all out, or do I call Kaitlan and try to get over Tara?” I decided that I wasn’t ready to do either. I got up off the floor and I put Kaitlan’s number on the table beside the answering machine. I walked into my bedroom and changed into my favorite red, plaid pajama’s. I crawled into my bed and stretched out, knowing that this was the place I wanted to be more than anything. I had been looking forward to bed all day. I rolled over and buried my head into the pillow, sighing as the coolness of it contrasted the warmth of my face.

“I’ll go see Tara tomorrow and try to work this all out,” I decided before closing my eyes and allowing my dreams to overtake me.
[/b]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:58 pm 
3. Flaming O

Yes an update! Loved it, it was wicked as usual. More please!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:44 pm 
8. Vixen

There is definitely more to Tara's panic than worry about the friendship... but she probably isnt aware of that.
Quote:
Are your fingers broken?
Cracked me up!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:18 am 
4. Extra Flamey

i agree the "are your fingers broken" comment....classic!! :lmao :lmao
both updates were expertly written and i absolutely love clumsy willow hehe!
i bow to your wonderful penmanship...keep the updates coming and again sorry for the late feedback. i was kinda busy getting a girls number at work woohooo!!!!!!!!!!! :luv :love :luv my borzena.......
kim xx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:31 pm 
9. Gay Now

Awwww. Tara misses Willow. Of course she does. Willow is such an effusive and giving friend - I can only imagine how wonderful it was for Tara to have that kind of friendship after the life she's led... but she has to understand that this is more than a friendship to Willow. Willow is in love with her, and this is hurting her...

thanks for giving me some insight into how Tara's feeling...

great work, I look forward to reading more.

db

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:18 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I really am loving this! It's amazing how much you have built up in just five chapters. I can't wait to see where you go from here.

L

Last edited by dokkyo on Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:35 pm 
28. Com...plete

coolness! i missed a couple updates while on vac, so i got lots of goodness! yay chappies!
despite the goodness of the story, you are very very bad! why do you have to make it all so sad? *tear*

more, please...preferably with :) and happiness and :wtkiss !!!

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:15 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Just read it and I love it.

Poor Willow and poor Tara, too. They are both hurting so much. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Tara: I am, you know.
Willow: What?
Tara: Yours.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:08 pm 
2. Floating Rose

BigBlueEyes- Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it. And I am very happy that you are liking the fic! Keep reading!

WillowRulez- Hey. We'll have to see if you're right about Tara's panic! But for now, I can not reveal that information! Haha, I'm happy the finger part cracked you up. I thought it was a tyical 'mom' thing to say!

kimmy_s- Hey kimmy_s! Haha ditto for what I said to WillowRulez about the fingers! It is typical mom thing to say, and I'm happy you thought it was funny. Thanks for the feedback. You always leave me some very nice comments, making them very pleasurable to read! So I thank you for that! And again, no worries on the lateness of the feedback! And I definitely think you had a good enough excuse! Go you getting a girls number!

db- Howdy db! haha of course Tara misses Willow! how could you not? But you are right, it is more than a friendship to Willow, which is hard and confusing for both of them! You are welcome for the insight to Tara's feelings! Thanks for the comments, and here's the next chapter. But just to warn you, it's a little strange, the next chapter I mean!

I_love_Danish- What's going on danish? I am very happy to meet another Leisha Hailey fan! I don't know too many out here, so it is a bit of treat! I don't think she was in the movie enough... it could have definitely had more leisha time! So yeah, back to the fic, I'm glad you understand Tara's side of the whole situation, but don't worry, I'm also an "in Willow's position" person! This fic wouldn't exist if I wasn't currently in a Willow position. So, here is the next chapter for you. We'll see how it goes for poor Willow!! Keep reading, and keep commenting. It keeps me writing!

dokkyo- I am very glad that you are loving the fic, and I'm very glad that you are leaving feedback to tell me so! Thanks for all the kind words, and I hope the next chapter doesn't disappoint you!

CrazyTaraWitch- Haha, I am happy that you could return to many updates! I am happy you think that the story is good! I am sorry that it is "all so sad" though! I am very very bad, so I apologize! I hope this next chapter has enough goodness in it.. I don't think it is too sad!

dixiedarlin83- I am very happy that you liked it, and thank you for letting me know! I agree, poor willow and poor Tara! They are hurting. Here's the next chapter for ya, hopefully you'll like it!

*************************************************************************************

Authors notes: This fic is kind of angsty, so if that’s not your cup of tea, I suggest reading something else. Also, this fic is done in first person perspective (Willow’s perspective) so if that’s also not your cup of tea, then this will be quite an unpleasing fic for some of you. But I hope you give it a chance

************************************************************************************************

Chapter Six

I lay on Tara’s couch with my head in her lap, concentrating on her hand stroking my hair instead of the monkeys on the television.

“I wonder why people find monkeys cute!” I heard her say as I looked at the screen and watched the two monkeys jumping on a branch.

“I mean, they just look like small, hairy people. They’re actually kind of ugly, but when I look at them, I find them completely adorable!” I looked up at her and she smiled at me. I could feel the muscles in my chest start to compress as I looked into her eyes and saw the excitement that lay within them. Sadness started to fill me as I looked at the woman I loved.

“Tara, why don’t you want to be with me?” I asked as I looked back at the TV screen. The monkeys were still jumping on the same branch.

“Oh, you already know. I’ve already told you!”

“But I can’t remember. Tell me again. I can’t figure it out,” I replied as I looked back up at Tara, who was still watching the monkeys with excitement.

“The reason is…” I watched as Tara’s lips moved, but no words came out. I sat up on the couch and tried to read her lips, but they were moving too fast for me understand.

“…and that’s why I can’t be with you,” Tara said while nodding her head.

“Wait, I couldn’t understand what you were saying. You have to say it again,” I said in panicked tone.

“There’s no time for that Willow. Buffy will be here any minute to make you a stir-fry! You can’t miss that!” She stated as the doorbell rang as if on cue. I tried to stand, but my legs wouldn’t let me.

“There she is! Willow, aren’t you going to answer the door? She’s already been out there for a couple of hours.” Tara said as she pushed me off the couch.

“A couple of hours? She just got here. Wait Tara, you have to tell me why you can’t be with me!” I said as my feet carried me to the door. I looked back but Tara was gone. The doorbell rang again, causing me to forget my search for Tara and reach for the doorknob. I opened the door to find the interior of The Rainbow Palace on the other side of it. I turned back to find myself in the entrance of the gay bar.

“Are you coming in or not?” The same bouncer from before asked me while giving me the same unnerving look. I gave him my hand and he stamped it. I looked down and watched as the interlocking female symbols danced on my hand; moving to the beat of the dance music that was filling my head and causing my heart to shake. I walked over to the bar, which could no longer be seen under the pile of pink drinks in martini glasses. I picked up a glass, but before I could take a sip, a big, hairy hand wrapped around my wrist. I looked over and saw the man in the tight pink shirt looking angrily at me.

“Those are mine, thief. That one over there is yours.” He pointed at a big dirty glass filled with brown liquid before taking the drink out of my hand and drinking it himself. I walked over to the glass and looked at the contents inside. I was pretty sure something was swimming in it.

“Hey stranger, it’s been a while,” I heard a girl say. I turned to find Kaitlan standing behind me, holding a big, yellow telephone.

“I brought you this phone. I figured that maybe the reason you haven’t called was because you didn’t have a telephone, so I brought you one!” She said as she handed me the phone.

“Thanks, but you just gave me your number a couple of hours ago. I thought I should wait a day or two before calling.”

“Oh, I thought you knew. Time passes much quicker in here. The clock has never been fixed. It’s just how it is. Everyone here is much cooler, but time flies when you’re having fun, right? It’s part of being gay! Didn’t you get the brochure?” She explained while reaching into her pocket and pulling out a brochure. She handed it to me while trying to stuff her pockets back into her pants. I looked at the brochure and realized that the whole thing was written in Japanese.

“I…I can’t read Japanese,” I said as I tried to give back the brochure, but she was too busy with her pockets to notice.

“So, what are you doing back here, seeing as you were just here a couple of hours ago?” She asked, still not taking the brochure out of my hands.

“I um.. I’m looking for Tara. Have you seen her? She has to answer some questions for me!” I replied while looking around the room.

“I don’t know who Tara is. You’re still hiding her from me. But I think she’s over there. The girl over there looks like someone who would be hidden from me!” I looked over and watched as Tara flirted with someone I couldn’t see. I nodded to Kaitlan before running over to the other side of the bar to confront Tara.

“What are you doing here Tara? This is a GAY bar, and you claim to not be gay. You aren’t allowed to be here,” I said to her, feeling the anger rise in my chest.

“Relax Willow. The bouncer told me I could stay as long as I didn’t make a scene,” she replied as she turned back to flirt with the person I still couldn’t see.

“Tara, please! Our tea is getting cold, and I’m pretty sure Buffy finished making the stir-fry hours ago. Time passes a lot quicker in here. Didn’t you get the brochure?” I said while handing her the brochure and a cold cup of tea.

“Willow I’m busy right now. People like this don’t flirt with me everyday, so I would like to get back to that now!” Feeling very hurt and angry, I walked over to the person she was flirting with, grabbed its collar and turned it around. I gasped when I saw whom Tara was flirting with.

“Willow, I’d like you to meet Mr. BananaBreath! Mr. BananaBreath, meet Willow.”

“You’re flirting with a monkey Tara? I’m pretty sure that’s illegal!” I said as I looked at the hairy creature wearing a blue work suit and a top hat.

“I told you, monkeys are adorable! Plus, now that you have Kaitlan, why do you care if I have Mr. BananaBreath?”

“I don’t care,” I said as I turned and stomped towards the door. The bouncer looked at me and shook his head. I opened the door to the gay bar and found myself in my apartment. I threw my keys on the table and watched as the light on my answering machine flashed. I nodded at it and the beep sounded, indicating a message would be played.

“Hey Willow, it’s Xander. I’ll be back a little earlier now. I think we’ve covered the giant hole made from the meteor, but you can never be sure. I bet you that there’s some little kid out there right now with a remote control just waiting to push the rewind button and make the hole again, just to watch us fill it. But I don’t know if we’ll be able to do it again. It took us ten years to be able to grow enough onions to fill that hole, and I don’t think we can afford to get that many onions again. We could try turnips, but they get mushy quickly. Maybe potatoes. And we COULD mash ‘em! I don’t know. We’ll figure it out. Wait, I see a kid with a remote. I have to go! HEY YOU, COME BACK HERE WITH THAT REMOTE!” I looked over to my living room, which was full of onions, and felt bad for not sending them to Xander to fill the hole. The next beep sounded.

“Willow? Hi, it’s me Tara! I just wanted to apologize for what happened at the ball tonight! Mr. BananaBreath doesn’t really mean anything to me. I was just happy that someone liked me! Mr. BananaBreath would like to say something…….. EEEEH AAAH AAAH…… That was the real reason I couldn’t be with you! I didn’t know how to really say it, so he said it for me! But yeah, I’m excited to see you tomorrow! I really do miss you….miss us! I’ll see you tomorrow sweetie-pie-face! Goodnight” The beep sounded and I started to feel better. I was excited to see her too. The answering machine started beeping again, so I pushed the button to make it stop. I looked down at the machine, feeling annoyed when the beeping didn’t stop. I hit the machine, but it just made the beeping louder. I grabbed the hammer off of the table and raised my arm in the air. I brought it down with as much force as I could muster and it was just about to hit the machine when…

I opened my eyes. I rolled over on my bed and looked at the bedside table beside me to see my alarm clock. I groaned as I pushed the button to make the beeping sound stop and turned back on my stomach.

“What is up with my dreams?” I said as I got up off the bed and headed towards the kitchen. I plugged in the kettle and grabbed a mug and teabag while waiting for the water to boil. I stood in the kitchen debating what to do.

“Should I go to Tara’s now, or wait and go later today?” I filled my cup up with the boiled water and watched as the teabag stained the clear liquid. I looked up at the clock and saw that it was 8:36am. Knowing that Tara was up by nine every morning, I decided that I would go to her place after a quick shower.

“There’s nothing like catching the woman you love off guard in a sleepy state, still wearing her pajama’s with her hair all messy after not voluntarily seeing her for a month, to start the day!”

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:53 pm 
8. Vixen

Lol, that was just like one of my dreams. Don't you just hate it when you cant understand what the people are saying in dreams? Poor Willow. :smash The bit with Xander was the my personal fav :rofl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:32 pm 
3. Flaming O

YES! YAY for updates! More, more, more! I mean uh please. :pray

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:23 pm 
9. Gay Now

Excellent dream, very entertaining.

Mr Bananbreath.

heh.

db

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:28 pm 
5. Willowhand

Your imagination is off the charts. And for the record missy Im soooo missing summercamp. But I shall give you what you need,but only coz you were author enough to bring up summercamp before I did. so here I go.Just for you and how hard ya work and how good you write.

This just wont do you know, your not writing and updating my summercamp. :miff You know how much I love it. And yet I must be made to go :crazy. Why? Why? WHHHHHHHYYYYYY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME? Everyday I check and when I dont see it Im like hey? :wtf? I :pray and I :sob and then I get so uoset that Im so upset I :laugh. Until I think of how good it is and how Im missing it so I :cry. And let me tell you, I am walking the streets of New York a mess. But hey its okay that your making one of your favorite fans :lmao in the middle of the streets. Now I dont know where your from but here in New York this kind of behavior is asking for a few days rest in a room with soft walls. If you know what I mean. So... :sh dont try to calm me down after you read this reply eother coz no matter what say I will be :miff upset with you. Yup thats right Im :mad :stop :stop :stop :yikes your going to try to sweet talk me arent you? I havent had :sleep in I dont know how long. :sigh what am I going to do with you? :cry :lmao :sob :eyebrow Im all full of so many emptions where this fic summercamp is concerned. So what are you going to do to help me not lose anymore of my sanity? Do not make me have to :smash something else around here. I soooo cant afford this. :tear ohmygod...you plan on making me suffer forever arent you? you have no plans on updating summercamp anytime soon do you? :thud :wtf just happened? Damn it did I pass out? OUCHY! oh great now I have a lump on my head. Oh this is just wonderful. Well I hope your happy now. I have lost my sense of balance too thanks to you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:44 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Considering I'm also finally trying to read "Neverland" these dream sequences have me bouncing off the overhead (sailor talk for ceiling;I used work for the Defense Dept.). But at least our girls are getting off the dime in this universe. "Getting" as in a process;how long it'll tkae to complete is something only you cna answer :-).
What I hate the most in *my* dreams is when I can't understand what *I'm* saying. I recall very clearly a dream where I met Olivia Newton-John in an antique shop but I *don't* know what I told her.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:53 am 
4. Extra Flamey

firstly thanks for being understanding about the late feedback i'm sure everyone understands a girl can be very distracting :love *sigh*
to the story... it did confuse me at the start (i'm a little slow in case you havent noticed!!) i was thinking "buffys coming over to cook stir fry?? thats not right!"but then i realized it was all just a dream. i had one of those funny ones last night but at least mine had a happy ending! you're such a tease....i wanna know why Tara doesnt wanna be with Willow as much as Willow does in the story!! :laugh (ok not AS much but...)
anyways a fantastically written chapter again i :bow to your amazing writing skills. as always i will be waiting for the next update.
kim xx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:48 pm 
28. Com...plete

yay update!!! it was less depressing, and I loooooooved Xander's message...but i think they should just fill the hole with annoying children with remotes; it's the obvious solution.

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:11 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Any chance we'll see an update to this one? I have always liked the stories where the roles are reversed -- Willow recognizing her attraction to Tara before Tara comes to terms with her feelings. Too bad those types of fics are rarely finished... I love the angst and, of course, the inevitable happy resolution.

Update, please?

Moolit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:35 pm 
2. Floating Rose

great story pleas continue, I like seeing tara`s face when willow is trying to get over her with another woman, maybe that can make a click in tara and loves her back.

Willow is going to accept that tara isnt in love with her and maybe can meet someone else and in that way tara is gonna see what she is missing.
see you soon

mar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:35 am 
3. Flaming O

Finish it.

You know you want to.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:44 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hi,

great story, please please update!!!!