The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Askeidevor (Updated Feb 4th)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:47 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Okay so first, it's really been a long while. Stuff happened. Good and bad. And I was afraid I could never finish this fic, which wouldve made me a liar because I did say I really wanted to finish it... So, you all owe your thanks to Heather and the last Neverland update, this is what got me into a writing mood.

Artemis: Well thank god you're commenting. Without you I think I would've dropped this fic a lot sooner haha. Thanks a bunch for reading, and that goes to all the lurkers who don't feel like posting anything too. I see the view count raising and thats already a good motivation to go on.

Title: Askeidevor
Author: Krokador
Email address: krokador@hotmail.com
Feedback: YES PLEASE! I want to know what you think, what you felt, who's your fave character and who doesn't feel like he belongs in the story.
Distribution: Through the Looking Glass, The Rebel Kitten, here... other than that just ask first
Spoilers: None, this is AU
Rating: PG-13, on the safe side as usual
Pairing: Willow/Tara
Disclaimer: Don't own any of the Buffy characters nor do I own Willow or Tara. They're Joss' creation and that's it, no copyright infrigment intended, this is for fun, not for sale.
Summary: We're in the middle of a long war between rebels and the high class. A mercenary named Vladawain Bagnale is engaged against the royalty, and he will meet Tara on his path, and of course, they'll stumble on Willow.

Notes: Yes, it's been a hell of a long time. So this part may be dephazed a bit from the rest (my writing style tends to be very changing depending on a lot of factors) and I'm using it as a transition to the kind of different end of the story. (Ironically this was one of the best part I could drop at and then pick up where I left :P). I haven't spell-checked, so probable typos and I'm too tired to fix them, but I don't want to wait before I post :P

So, on to the story :P Enjoy!

Edit ntoes: Through rereading this chapter I noticed that, if I wanted to have a seemingly not-so-bad transition from 3 years ago to today's writing skills, I needed to at least go through one chapter and fix it up a bit. You might want to re-read it to get back into it, anyway :P

Chapter 8: Finding The Light

Dagdan had picked up the dead corpses, and burned them honoring their memory, the good ones, anyway. He had kept an eye on the girls, but nothing had happened. They were still in that comatic state he had left them in. He hoped they'd wake up soon, so he could sleep. His body was an heavy mass of power he had moved around for a couple days without taking any rest since he had felt something was wrong with his brothers.

The darkness was slowly receding, leaving the world to be colored in a sepia tone, so close to gray yet not quite the black and white nightmare it had been just moments ago. The needles were gone, no trace of the stings left on her skin, but she could still feel them deep inside, along with the echo of her brother's evil laugh. And then the softness of Willow's voice washed it all away, the pain, the fear, the cross she was tied to. Tara, where are you? She took a few hesitant steps, more patting the ground than walking, wondering if it would all collapse under her feet again and leave her falling forever.

Willow slowly got up, the cage and the bugs only a shadow of what they were only minutes ago, and her flesh not scarred at all from the assault of what seemed like a very bad dream. She kept calling Tara, desperately, hoping she could fight the coldness that was settling in around her by the warmth of her voice. I'm here Willow, keep thinking about me, and I'll find you. The redhead wasn't going to think of anything else. In fact, the only other thing that could cross her train of thought was how shivery she was and how the now quiet scenary was about as frightening as the cage she was locked in earlier. Only on a different level. Something was wrong about this place. And she just couldn't place it. Hurry up Tara, I really don't like this place.

Tara shuffled through her brain trying to remember the very simple yet effective light spell she had learned when she was younger. And I'm still young... she thought to herself, hoping that part of her mind wasn't open to Willow. The coldness of the place was getting to her, not because she was freezing, but because something kept creeping around her and not dropping the temperature, but the ambiance itself. This world had been created by a magic that was now dead, they didn't have much time left to escape it before it killed them both as well. Willow, I need you, I can't remember the light spell. She pleaded, but this time, no response came. She looked around slowly, her eyes filled with fear and her fists clenched, muttering to herself. "C'mon Tara, remember, the words, they are easy. Remember... REMEMBER!" Her last word, she yelled with all her strenght, the enclosive coldness around her just too much, her brain unable to form the correct string of keywords to light a bubble in front of her that would guide her to Willow. She pressed her forehead into her hand, the panic making her chest rise and fall quicker, almost painfully now as she clenched her teeth trying to remember the "DAMNED LIGHT SPELL!".

Something burst, and then an heavy, voice-cutting silence fell on what now looked like a very dark desert. There was no Tara voice anymore, no shuffling feet noises as she moved about to try and keep sane in the hell she had been thrown into. With every step it felt like another slice of her will to survive was chunked out, and the very little part remaining shuddered at the thought of being all alone out there with for only anchor a never ending plain, filled with sand. And that flame, that fire suddenly burning in the far-away, quiet horizon. The atmosphere shifted, and instead of the cold sting, Willow's body started to trickle down with sweat as the ball of fire grew bigger, hotter. It would soon engulf both her and the world she was in and as she realized that, it was already too late. No time to turn around and run away, only a split-second to look at the blazing sun with awe and understanding... Then it was all over.

Two eyes opened to a blinding light from a very white ceiling bordered by tiled walls. The floor was ice cold, yet the room felt more... alive. Willow sat up slowly, taking in her surroundings, not quite sure of where, and when she was. To her left was another body, and she turned just in time to catch another pair of eyes flickering open. "Tara!" The blond girl had no second thought on who was beside her. She quickly sat up and threw her arms around the redhead's shoulders, effectively pulling her into the tightest hug both of them had ever experienced. As if holding onto dear life itself, Willow returned the embrace fully, sighing in relief at the same time.

"I... I thought I h-had lost you... f-forever. That... this w-was all over." Tara voiced softly.

Willow closed her eyes and soothed Tara's back with her hand, feeling just the same but assuming she had to be the strong one, at least this time. "Shhh, I'm here with you now, we are together. It's going to be all right."

Silence settled on the both of them and they just held on to each other a while longer, the horror of the past moments still way too fresh to their memory.

When they finally broke away, a second glance to the room snaked worry back into Willow’s mind. "Where are we?" she asked out loud, knowing Tara wouldn't have an answer.

"Maybe we're... dead?" The blonde offered, unhelpful. Now that was kind of worse than no answer.

"Well, considering that a huge fireball hit us, it is a possibility. What was that anyway?"

Tara's eyes grew wide at Willow's question. "A f-fireball?!?"

Willow nodded her head and traced the shape of a big ball with her hands. "It just like, came out of nowhere and kept growing and growing and it was HOT!" She added to her gestures nervously. “Kinda scary.”

Tara blinked, earning a questionning glance from Willow. "Well I was, um, trying to do that light spell... you know, the one we l-learned when we were kids?" Willow nodded slowly, quizically. "Well the only thing I remember is falling to my knees and fainting, so I must've gotten the spell wrong or something." Tara put on her sheepiest face and looked away from

Willow, who chuckled lightly and brought her hand up to Tara's hidden cheek, forcing her to look in her eyes. "That's an understatement, miss Maclay." she finally said lightly, her eyes boring into the soul of the girl in front of her, in amazement and in awe in front of the beauty of her new frien.

Tara held her gaze, trying to understand the feelings behind those green orbs. It looked like more than love and friendship together, it was just beyond anything she knew. "No one's ever looked at me like this, before."

Willow swallowed the lump in her throat, fighting back the tears that were suddenly threatening to trickle down her cheeks and make her close her eyes, afraid to break the moment. "If only..." she started whispering, still looking at the girl in front of her; all the feelings she had melted together during that one exchange. "If only you saw just how you are looking at me now." she finished quietly.

No more words were needed. Tara reached up slowly and carefully swept her thumb under Willow's eye to wipe the unshed tear, and then cupped her cheek. The desire to kiss the girl in front of her was so strong, yet something told her to hold back. Somewhere in her far mind, a little bell ringed her, telling her it wasn't time yet. She hoped to the gods the redhead wouldn't have the same idea at the moment, because denying her, right here and now, would just be too much to bear, and too hard to explain.

Still the princess inched forward, hesitantly, until Tara broke eye contact and looked down, biting her lip as she did so, her hand falling back to her side. Willow's brow quirked in surprise and she then frowned in disbelief, but it immediately shifted to worry as she remembered the situation they were in. "I-I'm sorry Willow..." came Tara's weak reply as she tried to find how to explain her reaction to her friend without... What was she trying to avoid, anyway?

"It's alright, Tara." Willow reached out and gently grabbed her chin, forcing her to look up, and noticing the tears that were freely running down that precious face. "I understand, you're right. This is the best thing to do, considering the situation... It's not a dream and all."

It was Tara's turn to swallow, a feeling of sudden warmth filling her as she literally jumped on Willow and held her in a fierce hug. This, she knew, was something she could allow herself to do. And the words that came to her mind at the same moment escaped her mouth in a soft whisper. "Thank you, Willow."

Something moved out on the horizon line. Maybe it was the slowly receding sunlight at dusk that reflected on something... well, metallic.

Dagdan blinked a couple times to readjust his vision. He had about fallen asleep when the first hint of something approaching had shown. He frowned and looked again, but couldn't find a trace of what he had just witnessed. "I must be tired." He said to himself, turning toward the two girls that, in their deep sleep, had curled up together and seemed to enjoy the rest. I wonder when they'll wake up… He cast another glance toward the valley, and caught another glimpse. "Damn! Something's coming this way!" This time his voice was loud and carried a sense of urgency.

It didn't take him more than a split second to make up his mind to try and wake up the sleeping beauties. He gently squeezed Willow's shoulder, then Tara's, and finally shook them up until they both opened their eyes in fear. "W-what's going on?" They looked at each other, the fact that they were back to reality suddenly dawning on them, and before Dagdan could emphasize on the urgency of the situation, they were both up and ready to go.

"You're not even asking questions?" he said, obviously dumbfounded at the rapidity with which the two girls had gotten back into the real world.

Tara grinned. "I've known you wanted to wake us up for a while, actually."

Willow chuckled and placed a gentle kiss on Tara's cheek before turning back to Dagdan. "So, where do we go now?"

He was completely astonished. A few hours ago these girls had been in the vicegrip of a crazy magician, in his nightmare world, and now they were both standing in front of him as ready as anyone could be in front of the task at hand. He couldn't help but ask. "What the hell happened while you were sleeping?"

Both girls looked at each other and then back at him. And then he understood.

Last edited by Krokador on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Askeidevor (Updated August 11th)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:38 am 
2. Floating Rose

Hello!

I just read the whole story yesterday, and I have to say that I'm impressed! Maybe it is because I read it one after the other, but I found the rhythm of the story pretty fast, tons of things happening, many revelations... Wow!!

The universe that you created is really great, with all these new characters. I liked the idea of Vlad and his brother taking care of Tara, good way to make us understand that they are not just "mercenaries"!

And I really loved what you did with Xander too! First I just thought "oooh nice, the cat is named Xander!" :kitty And then, he's here HERE, human, "Slayer of a thousand Beasts", protecting the girls...and dying. :sob That was sad.

Anyway, I am sure that you have more things to say on this story, and I will wait for your next chapter! :-D

Superbus, "Travel the World"

Post subject: Re: Askeidevor (Updated 2010-07-26)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:08 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Okay so first, it's really been a long while. Stuff happened. Good and bad. And I was afraid I could never finish this fic, which wouldve made me a liar because I did say I really wanted to finish it... So, you all owe your thanks to Heather and the last Neverland update, this is what got me into a writing mood.

Artemis: Well thank god you're commenting. Without you I think I would've dropped this fic a lot sooner haha. Thanks a bunch for reading, and that goes to all the lurkers who don't feel like posting anything too. I see the view count raising and thats already a good motivation to go on.

Title: Askeidevor
Author: Krokador
Email address: krokador@hotmail.com
Feedback: YES PLEASE! I want to know what you think, what you felt, who's your fave character and who doesn't feel like he belongs in the story.
Distribution: Through the Looking Glass, The Rebel Kitten, here... other than that just ask first
Spoilers: None, this is AU
Rating: PG-13, on the safe side as usual
Pairing: Willow/Tara
Disclaimer: Don't own any of the Buffy characters nor do I own Willow or Tara. They're Joss' creation and that's it, no copyright infrigment intended, this is for fun, not for sale.
Summary: We're in the middle of a long war between rebels and the high class. A mercenary named Vladawain Bagnale is engaged against the royalty, and he will meet Tara on his path, and of course, they'll stumble on Willow.

Notes: It's been almost 3 years. So, expect the writing style to be heaps different (and because of that, I went and updated chapter 8 a bit too). Also, the cut was pretty, erm, deep, and I had to improvise as to where I left off and where it was going. If you notice some discontinuity, lemme know and I'll go and fix it xD

Once again, thank Heather and Neverland, because they're the reason I felt inspired to pick this up again. This' a short chapter again, but I'll keep updating more regularly. I hope.

Chapter 9: Confrontation On The Hill Top

The trio didn't waste time talking more about what happened and turned back toward the forest. But it was already too late, whatever had been following them was now running in circles around them at hyper speed, preventing them from getting out of the zone. Dagdan's eyes grew wide as he watched a wall of wind raise around them. He shot a glance to the two girls to see they were pretty much as powerless as he was in front of their incredibly fast foe.

“I do have a question, actually.” Willow voiced out as they all ducked to dodge what seemed like a fairly sharp gust of wind.

Dagdan, his metallic arm up in guise of weapon, shot her a sideway glance as he tried to put a dent on the thing that was running around them. “Say what?” He huffed as they yet again all had to dodge very quickly.

“Why are they after us?” I can understand Donnie’s purpose, but… whatever this guy is, why? She side-stepped and for all of a split second could see the form in slow motion. Enough to realize it was a humanoid creature forcing them together like this.

Tara was suddenly knocked out of balance and stumbled backwards, falling with a thud directly into the path of their attacker. He was apparently unaware of her situation and with the speed at which he was going couldn’t simply change his trajectory.

Willow’s heart caught in her chest. She tried to reach out for Tara’s hand and catch her before she fell but came up short and could only watch as it seemed time had slowed down to a near stop. Her face froze in a silent scream as she witnessed the speeding humanoid… jumping over her?

The slightly awkward maneuver was enough for Dagdan to lash out and reach their assailant with his metallic arm, effectively stopping him in his tracks. The loud clang that accompanied the hit resonated in everyone’s eardrums for a couple seconds, causing action to come to a stop as they all struggled to keep their equilibrium. The third Bagnale brother was the first to recover, his fingers clasping around the man’s under armor shirt and holding him at arm’s length as he tilted his head back apprehensively.

“Odiluke’s Talisman. Askeidevor. Everyone’s after their power, apparently.” He finally answered Willow’s question stoically, one eyebrow raising suspiciously as if he was asking the man to confirm his assumption.

Willow rushed to Tara’s side to help her up and then took in the form hanging from Dagdan’s iron grip as she hugged the girl unconsciously. He was wearing a full body armor of an odd color that neither girl really could describe. Iron with a touch of rust, and it seemed, something otherworldly. A green halo that shone from dents in the metal that raised off in spikes on certain parts, mostly around joints.

His hair, only other part visible to the girls who stood behind him, stood haphazardly on ends, as if about to just jot out from his scalp and nail anything it would find in its path.

The man looked unphazed, as if he didn’t even care that he was held by a man almost twice his size. He was nonchalant and a crinkle on his forehead revealed that he was even amused at the turn of events. Dagdan shook him twice, bringing him closer to his face in the motion in hopes of reading his face, his intentions. “What do you want with the girls.” The words were dropped threatheningly, but in all honesty he’d uttered them in defeat in front of the man’s unwavering figure.

“I be Maverick.” The man answered in a noble, british accent. His sentence seemed suspended, but he never did add anything to it, as if the sole name was supposed to explain everything.

Both Willow and Tara had made their way to stand behind Dagdan to better examine the scene, taking in the small details about the man. His were bandaged in such a way that holding a weapon was impossible, so if he meant arm, it would be via the way of magic.

“Were you p-planning to run us over?” Tara asked defiantly, her fall still quite fresh to her memory. She was still wondering why she hadn’t been trampled to death.

“Me? Naw.” The man finally got somewhat bored of being held above the ground and shifted himself so he could gather a little bit of momentum and used it to push Dagdan off balance. In a split second, Maverick was behind both girls with a smirk. “I just need this for a moment.” With a smirk, he flashed Odiluke’s pendant in a glimmer of sunlight, the artefact hanging from his bandaged left hand.

By the time the information was processed by their brains, he had escaped in a a strong gust of wind that sent both girls’ hair flying in their faces. Willow was about to give him chase when she felt Tara’s hand grip around her wrist and yanked her back gently. Her head turned back and her eyes met the blonde’s gaze, before falling on her arm as she took in the warmth that she felt and felt a shiver travel along her spine. This… feels even better than in that dream world.

“You don’t honestly think you can outrun the guy, do you, princess?” Although his voice seemed reproachful, Dagdan was shaking his head at his recent mistake. It was obvious he was blaming himself for the theft, but no matter how much he’d rake his brain, he had no idea how to get it back. If anything, he was the slowest runner of the three of them.

“I can… f-follow his trail.” Tara offered weakly, trying to meet the redhead’s eyes as she let go of her arm slowly, wondering for a moment if the dream had been just that: a dream. That maybe they hadn’t really shared this intimate moment anywhere but in her head. Her thinking was however interrupted by two heads snapping her way, curious eyes examining her intently. “His armor, the power he uses to run, like that. It leaves some sort of imprint, right? Kinda like, smell, b-but, with magic?” She explained nervously, not used to having anyone staring at her. Now that she thought about it, Vladawain and Odiluke weren’t really big with the looking at her at all.

And just when she thought the stares couldn’t get more embarrassing, Willow’s eyes sparked up with admiration? and Tara felt herself blush all the way down her neck as she bowed her head slightly.

Before she could even lift her gaze again to add that they should go after Maverick right away because the trail wouldn’t stay around for long, Willow had crossed the distance between them and was tucking the strands of loose hair that had been blown into the blonde’s face, the sparkles in her eyes even more intense from up close.

“Tara, that’s amazing!” Willow said enthusiastically, only to be cut off and brought back to earth by Dagdan’s grave voice.

“What are you going to do once you find him, though?”

There was a moment of silence as the three companions looked at each other, uneasy and unsure where to take it from there.

“Y-you mean we, right?” Tara asked after some fidgeting, realizing that Dagdan seemed to imply he was not going with them. Willow’s face also crinkled in confusion once she heard the words, blinking before her pleading eyes settled on Dagdan’s pained expression.

“Someone’s gotta go do some damage control with my brothers. Hate to break it to you girls, but I’m probably the only one who can do that. And buy you more time to find the sword.”

There was another pause as the three adventurers reflected on the words mostly unspoken. “Plus, I’d slow you guys down considerably. Half my body’s heavy metal, remember?” Dagdan shook his arm and leg to emphasize his point and then looked to the ground. “We don’t have much of a choice. You girls… have to figure out a way to fix this. Else, what was avoided a couple hundred years back might end up happening for real this time.”

“So, first we lose Giles. Then Buffy. Then Xander, the real Xander, dies protecting us, then you leave us on our own again? And how are we supposed to fix this, if all our companions disappear one after the other? Because, as far as I know, I’m just a princess. And Tara’s just a girl with a bit of magic power. We don’t have anything awfully special – not that you’re not special, Tara. We’re like… two little girls. We can’t… Just go out and save the world, can we? Because, I mean, I want to, you know, save the world. Because who wouldn’t want to? Unless you’re an evil guy trying to destroy it… And I’m not getting anywhere, am I?”

Willow suddenly realized she was rather out of breath and gave both Tara and Dagdan a sheepish smile before taking in a deep breath. She was about to say something more… less confusing to stop them from just gaping at her when a girly, high-pitched voice resounded from behind them, somewhere towards the bottom of the hill.

“Who said you lost me, gals? I just had trouble catching up to you after you left me behind.” Buffy huffed as she made her way towards them, arms crossed over her chest.

“Buffy!” Was Willow’s overjoyed reaction as she literally pounced onto the girl and wrapped her in a tight hug. The short blonde returned the embrace gingerly, raising an eyebrow as she caught Tara’s evident frown from the corner of her eye. The taller blonde chose to pick up her sword and sheath it when she noticed Buffy’s expression, a bit embarrassed at being found staring by the princess’s maid/bodyguard.

“That. That would be my fault.” Dagdan offered dully before readjusting his left arm and nodding at the three girls. “Slayer, right?” He asked with a motion of his chin towards Buffy, who replied with a barely audible grunt. “I’m leaving them to you. Get the sword back.”

The sentence was meant as a goodbye to them, and Dagdan wasted no time running in the opposite direction without looking back. He hoped the girls would follow his example and get to the chase quickly.

The three girls stood dumbfounded for a split second before Buffy clapped her hands together once and brought them back to the task at hand. “Alright, Tara. Show us the way. Princess, care to explain what’s going on once again?”

Willow seemingly huffed at being called princess again, but did not dwell on it at that moment, instead turning to Tara with a questioning glance. Is there anything you need me to do?

Tara blinked and felt her chest swell up with a confidence she had never felt as she saw the look in the redhead’s eyes. They were trusting her. The fate of the kingdom rested in her hands. She took a deep breath to steady herself. Willow is looking at me like she just knows I can do this.

“I can do this.” She repeated out loud with a nod, earning herself two confident smiles from her companions. No trace of stutter in her words, no trembling in her hands; she was as ready as ever to go though with this as she started to focus on the remains of magic before them.

Suddenly she turned her head back and winced, as if the flow of power from the direction Dagdan had left towards was close to unbearable. Willow noted the movement and once more walked the distance between them, this time to gently leave her hand on Tara’s shoulder, giving it a soft squeeze when she had the blonde’s attention. “That’s why we have to go forward, right?” The redhead asked, as if understanding fully what Tara’s fear was about.

Tara nodded and turned back towards their destination. “Alright, let’s go!”