The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Menorah Tales - Update 06/08
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:53 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Paul & Kaia, Just wanted to say that I wrote replies at work today but I apparently didn't get the file attached to the e-mail I sent myself. Should get it posted tomorrow. Sorry for the rude delay.

eta: been terribly busy at work lately. And I can see that you understand that. Tee hee.

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but why do people feel the need to put a coffee shop in a bookstore? The space could be put to a much better use: namely, more books! Then again, I don't drink coffee, so I might be biased.
I’m pretty much like you. To me the only good thing about a coffee shop is that they might have cookies and that it’s an excuse to sit there for hours reading the books. Like you I don’t drink coffee. The other day I took my son to Barnes & Noble to get some books for a gift. He had a lot of fun but when he was done, he wanted to go play outside and we needed to pay for them. Well, we went up to the counter and the girl rang them up and he started to have a melt-down. It’s not something that happens frequently and if I haven’t started to pay and can do so, usually we just leave the store but we were in the middle of the transaction. I’m not kidding, the girl starts to give us a riff about two new fraupachino flavors (talk about made up words): tangerine and pomegranate. Well, in spite of the fact that I was holding a squirming and argumentative 2 year old, I say something lighthearted like, “I don’t actually know what fraupachino is but the tangerine and pomegranate certainly make me think I wouldn’t like it.” (Fortunately they weren’t in the same drink) so she smiles and says, “Oh it’s so good. It’s ice and tea and the flavor.” (So it’s flavored iced tea?). This was the crucial information she needed to impart before handing me my books.

I would agree with you about the stalkerish and would hope that it’s actually endearingly nervous rather than “call the cops scary.” You’re darn right that I thumb my nose at that speech. I mean yes, it’s hot that they get back together and have the much smoochies and all night and all that but I’ve always felt very offended at the use of that speech to further the idiotic events to follow.

Quote:
But they're not together, are they? Just as they never really had the brake up, they haven't had a proper reconciliation. They had a nice talk, and there was no bitter recriminations or anything like that, but I think they still need to hash things out, or they might just end up where they were again.
Absolutely!

Thanks so much. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Kaia – Hello back. Ahhh, crying always make me feel complimented (even if I’m sorry I made you cry). Thanks so much for your kind words re: my writing.
Quote:
I stand up and bow in Willow's direction for having the guts to admit that she couldn't stand it any longer (to herself and to Faith) and for going to San Jose. I don't think of it as an ambush, in fact I thought it was considerate and utterly sweet. It is Tara's first book after all.
Thanks. I’m with you on that one for sure.

Quote:
I wonder what it must be like to have someone write something about you and have the world to read it. Or listen to it if it is a song. It must be wonderful...was that what Willow felt?
I think you’re totally right unless it was a really nasty song: “You’re so Vain” or something like that. Or it could be “Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs…” or something. But I think if it’s about how much someone loves and wants you, that would be incredible.

Thanks so much.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:26 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Please update it is killing me I need :wtkiss :pray :cry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:15 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

please justskipit it has been two months i need, i must have, i cant wait anymore for an update you know how we feel about this story now please put us out of our :sob :crash I need my :wtkiss I am :pray HEHE you know me with the :whip update when you can my friend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:39 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I had promised myself I would leave much deserved feedback on the last two chapters before you updated again - and even though I met that goal I have a plane to catch in two hours and therefore the feedback is not nearly as rich as this story truly requires. That being said ...

After I read the latest update, I was driving around and the Iggy Pop song "Candy" came on the radio. While not one of Iggy's best moments, the incredible vocals of Kate Pierson launch this pop diatribe into an echelon it wouldn't have reached otherwise. Her haunting singing of "I've had a hole in my heart for so long" has always moved me, but on hearing it after reading your update I was touched on another level. I feel your writing has captured this inner trauma with a minimum of words and a maximum of emotion - the girls are in good places, they have many tremendous accomplishments between them, but that hole is still there and eventhough the edges may not be as sharp as they once were, the dull pain, one finds, is even worse.

Sorry for the lateness and the brevity, but Delta Airllines waits for no one.

kayaushk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:11 pm 
8. Vixen

:tumble

:whistle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:37 am 
5. Willowhand

update?? :-D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:38 am 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

Go on, justskipit, you know you want to....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:19 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Dianneswillowtree – Hi. I know you’re impatient and I’m sorry for the long delay. I’ve just not been writing lately. I know generally what’s going to happen in the next part but just don’t really feel ready to write it. I will though… Thanks for the ongoing support.

kayaushk
Quote:
I had promised myself I would leave much deserved feedback on the last two chapters before you updated again …
Well, I made that relatively easy seeing as I waited so long to update.

Quote:
I feel your writing has captured this inner trauma with a minimum of words and a maximum of emotion - the girls are in good places, they have many tremendous accomplishments between them, but that hole is still there and eventhough the edges may not be as sharp as they once were, the dull pain, one finds, is even worse.
Thank you so much. I’m not sure I could put that better.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope you enjoyed your travel.

DelWhicker – Lol.

Fleiss – Thanks for asking.

Candleshoe – Tee hee. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:38 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky justskipit i will wait as long as it takes when ever you are ready i will be here :kitty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:23 am 
5. Willowhand

ahhh to have patience... so Im waiting for ya. so you know, no rush. I will still be here :whistle.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:06 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

ok my friend no pressure but i am :pray like a good little kitty please

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:10 am 
9. Gay Now

:wave hello.

Hanukkah is just around the corner (only two and 1/2 weeks!)

just sayin' :-D

Truth be told, I was on the phone today making plans with friends for my annual menorah-lighting/latke-and applesauce-making eating extravaganza and it made me think of your story... It made me smile.

I know your finger is broken and an update is very likely out of the question -- but knowing that hanukkah is just around the bend and that the last time we heard about our girls they were talking again ... it made me happy, and I thought you should know.

In my mind I imagine that now they might even be friends again, or possibly reunited or on their way to being together again... happy thoughts.

So, Happy Hanukkah ( a tad bit early, in case, you know, I get otherwise distracted by the carbohydrate induced coma post latke-fest 2006)

db

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:30 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 1
it's beautiful...

Thank you :-)

Julia.

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:24 am 
5. Willowhand

will there be no end to this toture? Will you be updating soon?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:04 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Dianneswillowtree – I’m hoping to have one soon. Thanks for your support.

willohand – Thanks.

Dianneswillowtree – Thanks.

db – Hey there. Yes, it’s that time. Honestly, now that I can write again, I’ve been concentrating on my RKT series story but when that is done, I thought I would try to have a Menorah Tales update ready. I’m not promising by the start of Hannukah but I will try for sometime during the holiday. Thanks for asking.

JujuDeRoussie – Thanks so much.

willohand – I am going to try and get an update up this month.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:14 am 
4. Extra Flamey

JustSkipIt wrote:
Yes, it’s that time. Honestly, now that I can write again, I’ve been concentrating on my RKT series story but when that is done, I thought I would try to have a Menorah Tales update ready. I’m not promising by the start of Hannukah but I will try for sometime during the holiday.

Yahoo!

Seriously, I'm happy to hear your finger is better and I'm very much looking forward to your Song of Christmas story. The promise of an update to one of my all-time favorite stories is just the icing on the cake (or perhaps, given the season, I should say the star on the tree).

Michelle

Last edited by mole on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:43 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Michelle - I wouldn't say it's all better but it's significantly improved. The orthopedist prescribed physical therapy and I'm waiting for a referral for that. But I can do a lot of PT on it myself and it's out of the splint which was the big holdup as far as typing. I'm pretty sure that I'll update MT in the next week and I'm hoping for this weekend.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:19 am 
5. Willowhand

Well you know Im lurking and simply waiting for you. Really dont push yourself to use that hand if ya cant yet. ;-) :wave :whistle im around so ya know...

Post subject: Re: Menorah Tales - Update 12/15
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:03 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Sorry for the intense delay in posting an update. But with Hannukah (Happy Hannukah!), and db’s suggestion and everything…

Story Title – Menorah Tales

Chapter – 12 – Back

Author – JustSkipIt

Pairing – T/W

Feedback – Yes, please

Spoilers – None

Rating – NC-17

Disclaimer – Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy own Willow and Tara and the Buffyverse. No copyright infringement is meant by this fic and I will not make any money from it.

Notes – Happy Holidays to everyone. Enjoy your time and your loved ones.

Note - Thanks, Cam. I forgot...

about a year later...

Tara sung quietly as she drove. Traffic wasn’t as heavy as she suspected it would be tomorrow or the day after but it was heavy enough to require her attention. The phone rang and she quickly hit the button to silence the ring and answer the phone. “Hello?” she whispered.

She could hear Faith’s bellowing laughter even before the other girl spoke. “If you’re trying to keep a secret, you’re shit at it.”

Tara laughed. “No one’s trying to keep any secrets, Faith.”

“I hope not because answering your girlfriend’s phone in the middle of the night is a dead giveaway.”

Tara laughed again. “It’s 2:30 in the afternoon.”

“It is?” Faith yawned loudly. “Man, I have been on nights way too long. I woke up and it’s dark in my apartment and I thought it was 2:30 in the morning.”

“Do you call Willow at 2:30 in the morning a lot, Faith?” Tara finally glanced over at the subject of her current conversation. The redhead had her seat leaned partially back and her head tilted to the side, sleeping quite deeply considering that Tara was now carrying on a full telephone conversation.

The blonde could hear her friend moving around her apartment and the distinct sound of her pulling out a coffee mug. “Actually yes. I always have strange hours and she … well, she used to not sleep very much.”

Tara reached over and brushed a few wisps of hair from her lover’s forehead. “Still doesn’t.”

Faith’s words cut into Tara’s thoughts. “Hey look, I have to go to work in a few minutes.”

“I thought you were coming to dinner tonight?”

Faith blew out a long breath. “I was but half the officers in the department have the flu so I got called for a double. That’s what I was calling about. Can you tell Red and the folks, I’m sorry and I’ll catch up with everyone this weekend?”

“Sure, sweetie. Be careful tonight.” Tara waited for Faith to hang up and then hit the disconnect button. She glanced again at her lover and grinned as she brushed the same wisp of hair from her forehead. It always bothered Willow when that hank of hair got in her eyes and they always went through the same conversation of Tara suggesting that Willow go get a haircut and Willow insisting the her hair was perfect in spite of the irritating eye-hank issue.

The stubborn woman in question was sleeping after a very long night spent working on an important project. Tara smiled, though, as she thought about the girl’s work habits. When they had reunited—a process which had taken many many hours and days and even weeks of talking and sometimes crying and other times shouting about where they had gone wrong the first time, not to mention catching up on everything they had missed—Willow had proclaimed that she would no longer be a slave to her research.

And she had been true to her word. She was still dedicated to her research and her job but her new position allowed her extensive latitude in choosing her own work hours and locations. In fact the new position was a part of Willow’s motivation for seeking Tara out when she had, one year earlier. The redhead had been fielding offers from five or six research institutions throughout the country. She had finished her Master’s studies and then continued conducting research with her professor and mentor but it was time to move out on her own. Opportunities were understandably wide open for her but, as she explained to Tara, she had to find out if there was any chance for them before she could even begin to decide which job to take.

Willow genuinely realized that her immersion in her studies was a big part of the cause of the failure of their relationship so many years earlier and she was determined to never allow this to happen again. She wanted Tara to always know how important she was. That vow resulted in a very different work ethic for Willow. While the redhead was as driven and brilliant as ever, she also now understood how to stop working. Although she sometimes worked in the middle of the night while Tara slept, she rarely brought her work home with her otherwise. She worked, always being as considerate as she could be of Tara’s schedule and Tara’s commitments. If Tara worked on the weekend or had evening shifts, Willow would stay home during the day and go to the office in the evening to mimic Tara’s schedule. It wasn’t that they were inseparable as both had individual interests and friends but it was clear that her relationship with Tara was Willow priority as it had never been before.

But Willow had never had a high need for sleep and Tara frequently woke in the night to find herself alone in the bed. Other times, she knew that Willow was awake but stayed in bed just to snuggle. At first the blonde felt uneasy when she woke in the night to find herself alone in the bed. She always went looking for her girlfriend.

[blockquote]”Willow?” Tara rubbed her eyes sleepily as she stepped into the living room. She still felt disoriented but had woken up alone and been disturbed by Willow’s absence.

Their relationship was still in a tentative stage of exploration. Willow was completing the documentation for her prior research project while making her temporary home in Sunnydale. She had accepted a very desirable job offer in San Jose but it was not scheduled to start until the end of the Summer. In the meantime, she was finishing the work for her prior appointment and traveling to visit Tara nearly every weekend or sometimes during the week. Initially she had stayed in a hotel, not wanting to pressure Tara in any way. But quickly they had agreed that it was silly for Willow to continue to stay in a hotel. This was the second weekend that Willow had stayed at Tara’s apartment although, truth be told, her last stay at a hotel had not been marked by any actual time at the hotel.

Willow stood up quickly from her position in the armchair and set down her book. “I’m sorry. I couldn’t sleep and was trying to read. I can come back to bed.” She shifted her weight from the ball of one foot to the other and fidgeted to set the bookmark straight in the book.

Tara walked by her table, smiling as she saw the green carnations in the vase. She reached out her fingertips and brushed them against the flowers. When she reached the chair she reached out her hand to caress Willow’s face. Willow leaned her face into the blonde’s hand, shifting slightly to kiss her palm.

“Why couldn’t you sleep, sweetie?”

Willow took Tara’s hand in her own, brushing her thumb across the back of the blonde’s hand. “Too many bruises from being pinched today.” She grinned.

Tara giggled and gracefully dropped to sit cross-legged on the floor, pulling Willow with her. “You were the one who refused to wear green.”

Willow pointed toward her face. “Green eyes!”

Tara tilted her head. “Well the bruises must be very bad to keep you awake.” She leaned close and whispered in the redhead’s ear. “Do you want me to kiss them and make them all better?”

Willow blushed and looked away for a moment. “More than I can even say. More than I could say.”

Tara leaned close to kiss the girl. After a moment or two she laced her fingers together behind Willow’s neck and pulled back. “What’s wrong, sweetie?”

“I’m … nervous,” Willow admitted.

Tara shifted into an exaggeration of the accent she had picked up England. “Worried that I’ll be a terrible shag, baby?” She tried to show an Austin Powers toothy grin but wasn’t wholly successful.

Willow tried to smile. “A little.”

“And what else?”

Willow looked at her lap for a few seconds before looking back up. “I’m … I’m scared that you’ll be a fantastic, as you English say, shag.”

Tara repeated Willow's words very slowly. "You're scared that I'll be a fantastic shag?"

Willow blushed and tried to take a step backwards but Tara kept her fingers locked around the girl's neck, making escape impossible. Instead the redhead looked to the side. "I've ... well I haven't been exactly practicing or anything. I mean not that it takes practice or anything and it was ok before. I mean it was great before. It was great before, right?"

Tara answered although she was still trying to decipher where Willow was going with this. "Yes, it was great before, sweetie."

"Oh. Ok. Ok, then. Well, I was saying that, I mean, and don't take this wrong, but, you know, and I mean, I haven't been practicing and I just don't know and if you... and..." She blew out a long breath and backed away again, this time, Tara releasing her. Willow sat on the edge of the hassock and picked at a piece of fuzz on her pajamas. "We agreed that, you know, whatever we did during the, you know, 'Willow's a stupid moron from moron-ville' time was ok. You know, that we wouldn't question each other about it or ask any questions or, well I guess that's kind of redundant isn't it, but that's not the point. The point is that you're totally a hottie. The hottest hottie from the land of hotsville and I'm pretty sure that every woman in England and every woman in San Jose is not congenitally blind or anything which means that they'll all have been after your hottieness and ..."

Tara had by now kneeled down in front of her girlfriend. She'd seen this type of thing before and always wondered if there was a point at which Willow would actually pass out or if she'd just continue until she said everything she had to say. "Willow." She got the redhead's attention and then leaned in for a gentle kiss.

Willow was speaking as soon as Tara pulled away. "And that kiss means you want me to stop talking. Which I can do and I could do except for this worry that I have about ..."

Tara again cut her girlfriend off with an additional soft kiss. This time, however, when she pulled back, she placed two fingers against Willow's lips to keep her from speaking again. "Look sweetie, I ... " She started laughing, much to Willow's dismay.

"You're laughing at my pain?"

"I'm laughing at my choices. Either I'm rubbish in the sack in which case you trust that I was 'faithful' to you while we weren't together anyway or I'm a masterful stud in which case you spend who knows how long obsessing over where and with whom I got my masterful stud practice." She took a breath. "So it sounds like the best choice is a kind of mediocre shag."

Willow continued looking totally crestfallen for a few seconds. Then she started laughing and laughed harder as Tara joined her. For a few minutes both women laughed very hard. Finally they stopped laughing and Willow leaned forward, now lacing her fingers behind Tara's neck as the blonde had done earlier. "So you're thinking of a shag. I mean, it's a possibility?"

Tara smiled and leaned forward to whisper in her girlfriend's ear. "I'd say it's a very strong possibility."

Willow began to place very light kisses on Tara's neck. "Anything I can do to encourage it?"

"Mmm. That's a very good start." Tara began to run her hands along Willow's hips, gently urging the redhead forward and off the hassock onto the floor. When the girl complied, they quickly found themselves stretched out on the rug in front of the empty fireplace. Hands began to become bolder if not more dexterous and both girls gave little gasps, moans, and shudders as their skin became more and more sensitive to the ministrations of her lover. Willow was the first to slide a hand under Tara's nightgown and begin to lift it over her body and head but Tara's talented fingers were close behind in unbuttoning the redhead's pajama top and sliding it off her shoulders. She could feel Willow's warmth and wetness through her bottoms and trailed her fingers along the waistband. "I think these..." She slipped both hands into the loose fitting pants and slid them off as Willow lifted from the floor. "Must go," she gasped as she threw the offending garment across the room where it collapsed next to the couch and wasn't given another thought.

With no clothes to impede them, the women took turns exploring each other's bodies. Hands found breasts, nipples, the soft curve of a buttock, the small of a back. Mouths found necks, earlobes, the inside of an elbow or center of a palm and later much more sensitive, much more warm, much more wet destinations. Making love seemed to take no time at all and all the time in the world as they crested and slowed, crested and slowed over and over.

And finally, sometime around the sunrise they found themselves snuggled under the afghan someone had expended the considerable energy to pull down from the couch and drag onto them. "Sweetie?"

Tara could barely lift her head to look at her lover. "Yes?"

"I don't mean to disappoint you but that was not mediocre." The redhead smiled teasingly and winked just to make sure Tara knew she was playing.

Tara giggled quietly. "Not mediocre? Do I want to know who you have been practicing with?"

The redhead pulled Tara closer to her chest. "Thoughts of you only." She placed a kiss on the blonde's hair. "I love you, Tara Maclay."

"No more than I love you, Willow." She sunk deeper into her lover's embrace and both faded easily into contented sleep.
[/blockquote]

Tara took a deep breath and attempted to concentrate on the road. While her recollection was wonderful, she admonished herself for not paying more attention to her driving. She slowed to take the highway exit to Sunnydale and Willow stirred. “The pink rooster crows at midnight,” the redhead mumbled.

Tara giggled. “I’m on to you, sweetie.”

Willow raised the back of her seat and pouted. “You used to think it was cute.”

Tara reached over to tousle her lover’s hair. “I still think it’s cute. I’m just saying I’m on to it now.”

Willow took Tara’s hand and gently kissed the back before turning it over and placing a kiss on the palm. “Did I mention how much I love you while I was asleep?”

“It was virtually all I heard.”

Willow started. “Really?”

“No, silly.” Tara laughed at her lover’s gullibility. “You just slept although Faith called.”

Willow sat her seat up all the way and took a sip of her cold coffee. “Faith called? She’s not cancelling is she?”

Tara stopped at the red light. “And a prize to the adorable redhead with a mind like a steel trap.” She motioned toward the Expresso Pump and the liquor store next door. “Do you want a mocha and should we take a bottle of wine?”

“Well darn. I was really looking forward to seeing her and hearing about this Mr. Hottie-so-Hot.” The light turned green and she motioned toward it. “No need to stop. Let’s just get over to the house before dark.”

Tara put the car into gear and pulled away from the intersection. “What did mom and dad say when you told them I was coming home with you?”

Willow giggled. “Oh you know. The usual, ‘welcome,’ ‘we’re so happy,’ ‘you’re going to sleep in separate rooms, right?’”

“They didn’t!”

Willow laughed outright now at Tara’s indignation. “Of course they didn’t. I mean they said the welcome and we’re so happy parts but nothing about bedrooms.”

Tara parked at the curb and cut the engine. “Well I’m glad to hear that.” She leaned over and kissed Willow softly before whispering. “… because I don’t plan to sleep apart from you in the near or distant future. I think I’ve had enough of that to last me for a very very long time.”

“Mmm. Me too.” She kissed the blonde one more time. “I love you.”

Both girls unbuckled their seatbelts and got out of the car. A minute later they were greeted by Shelia and Ira on the front porch as the Rosenbergs greeted them with kisses and hugs and began to unload presents from the stack both girls carried. “Come inside, both of you. It’s nearly sunset.” Tara quirked her eyebrows at the statement wondering if her surrogate parents knew something about Sunnydale’s unique population but realized quickly that they wanted to light the menorahs on time.

“What time will Faith be here?” Sheila asked as she set down the package of presents she was carrying and motioned to the girls to hand her their coats. “Should we wait for her to light the menorah or start without her?”

“She got called to work a double tonight. She said she was really sorry and Happy Hannukah.” Willow finally extricated herself from her scarf and mittens and laid them on the end of the couch.

Sheila shook her head. “Well that’s disappointing. I wanted all my girls here this year.” She leaned over and gave Tara a sideways hug, making it clear that she had missed having the blonde with her for the past few years, then walked over to the end of the table holding the menorah. “Well, let’s light this and then we can eat.”

As the Rosenbergs gathered around the end of the table, Tara quickly crossed to her backpack and pulled out the menorah Willow had given her years before. She held it up and noted the smile on Willow’s face. The redhead had confessed and professed that after their brief visit the night of Tara’s book signing, the fact that Tara had kept the gift and even lit it during their breakup had given Willow hope above anything that they might reconcile. Arguing that it was the sign of their possibility Willow had alluded to the menorah’s meaning: “Don’t you see? It’s a symbol of a miracle—that hope is never lost.”

Tara smiled just thinking of that night—a night spent talking until the wee hours—the beginning of their renewed relationship. She admired Willow’s courage in seeking her out. Although Tara had thought hundreds, maybe thousands of times about making contact with Tara, she had not actually taken the action. Even with Faith obviously urging both women to speak to the other, it was Willow who had finally done just that. The blonde quickly placed her candle in the menorah and held the other in her hand as she reached her free hand out to Willow.

Sheila and Ira smiled as they completed the blessings over the candles and noted the love-struck way Willow and Tara completed the blessing while holding hands. When the quartet had pronounced Amen on the offerings they hugged and wished each other Happy Hannukah. “Well, I usually like Faith to be here but she can have hers tomorrow.” Sheila handed each girl a small bag of chocolate gelt. They smiled at the memory of this tradition.

“Thank you, mom.” Willow kissed her mother on the cheek and then repeated it with her father. Tara also thanked them.

“Willow, come help me with dinner.” Mother and daughter left the room and Tara watched the menorah as they began to melt.

Ira offered her a glass of wine and handed it to her. “How are you, darling?”

Tara smiled. “Good, Mr. Rosenberg. I’m very happy.”

“So it seems.” He sat on the couch and motioned that Tara should join him. “Willow has been much happier the past months. Her mother and I are very happy about that.”

“I’m very happy too.”

“Do you want to tell me what happened before?”

“No, sir. I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Water under the bridge anyway.” He replied. “Regardless, we should visit about your fund while you are home.” He took a sip of his wine and patted the blonde on the knee. “We have plenty of time.”

Tara was just about to answer when Shelia and Willow returned with platters of dinner and set them on the table. Tara and Ira joined them. Over their dinner of potato pancakes, applesauce, sourcream, and kugel, they visited about their travels and career progress over the course of the year. Although Tara had seen the Rosenbergs in England just before returning home sixteen months earlier, she had not seen them since returning to the country. All four had great happenings to describe professionally.

“I read your book and some reviews, darling. They were very complementary.” Sheila commented.

“Yes. I was very pleased with them.”

“Tara is working on a new book,” Willow enthused.

“Your first was very … “ Ira searched for the correct word. “Illuminating?”

Sheila looked at her husband and laughed. “Ira can’t decide whether he’s relieved or disturbed that some of the poems are about Willow.”

Tara blushed brightly and felt Willow pat her knee. “You know… I’m a writer. Right? I mean it’s not all-all autobiographical.”

Sheila laughed outright. “That’s what I said but he’s a scientist. He can’t even imagine making something up and writing it.”

Ira waved his hand as he spoke in the manner of a man who was used to having an audience of students. “It’s a very beautiful book.” He picked up his wine glass and took another sip as if ending the conversation.

Tara and Willow shared a glance. They had discussed Willow’s parents’ potential reaction to Tara’s writing. The blonde was particularly interested given the fact that many of her recent poems also touched on some aspect of her relationship.

Fortunately Sheila changed the subject, laughing. “Faith’s new boyfriend stopped me for the speeding the other day.”

“You got a ticket?”

“No. He gave me a warning. He’s quite a nice man and good looking.”

“No mistake there,” Willow agreed.

Tara crossed her arms over her chest and shot Willow a look. “Really?”

Willow put a kiss on Tara’s cheek. “You have nothing to worry about, love.” She started to stand up and gather plates. “We can clear the table and clean up since you cooked, mom.”

Shelia handed Tara her plate. “Thank you, sweetie. Then we can open presents.”

After cleaning the kitchen and exchanging presents with the Rosenbergs, the two couples watched a holiday special and then said goodnight. Both Sheila and Ira were very effusive in letting Tara know how happy they were to see her again and she let them know that the feeling was very mutual.

Tara stepped into Willow’s bedroom and looked around with a smile on her face. “It’s like the time capsule, Will.” She noted and ran her fingertips along the stack of notebooks on the desk and the five colored pens lined up just next to the notebooks. Willow blushed but Tara turned and titled her head to the side. “You know, smart chicks are so sexy.”

Willow laughed and stepped forward to wrap her arms around her lover’s stomach. “Well, you know we spend a lot of time studying how to be so sexy.”

Tara laughed and turned in Willow’s embrace. “Time well spent in my opinion.” She kissed her lover once on the lips and then on the nose. “Your parents seemed genuinely happy to see me.”

Willow took a step back and pulled Tara by the hand to sit on the bed with her. “Of course they are.” She laughed to herself. “I mean they never knew what we broke up over but they were pretty sure it was my fault.”

Tara shook her head, wondering how long she would have to continue reassuring her lover. “It wasn’t all your fault, honey. And we’re back together now and going to stay that way.”

“I know.” Willow smiled as she hugged the blonde who yawned widely. “Why don’t we get ready for bed. I’m going to read a little if you don’t mind.”

Tara smiled. “As long as you snuggle me, you can do whatever you want.”

Lying in Willow’s childhood bed a few minutes later Tara looked up at the press-on stars still on the ceiling. She nuzzled her nose into the redhead’s neck, rewarded as Willow squirmed at being tickled. She was drifting to sleep as she whispered, “This is what I always dreamed about.”

She wasn’t even awake to feel Willow’s kiss on the top of her head nor Willow’s answer that it was all she had ever dreamed of as well.

Last edited by JustSkipIt on Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:02 pm 
9. Gay Now

[center]dibs.

DIBS! DIBS! DIBS!

:-D

*in Vampire-Willow voice*

"You don't have to write a fabulous smut 'n' romantic reconcilliation filled updated just to please me."

No, Wait. Yes! Enthusiastically yes! Yes you do! You did!! Yay!

(and happy hanukkah!)[/center]

ETA: Enthusiastic Feedback

Yay! They are back together & still in love, or in love again... and Willow has adjusted her priorities (which is very good, because they needed a whole bunch of adjusting).

Debra! Thank you. Thank you, thank you!, thank you

This update was so good and romantic and wonderfull (and, ok a little steamy there for a while :smash )!

I am *so* glad they figured things out.

This update is the *best* hanukkah gift ever!

I especially loved Tara's interaction with Willow's parents... and the flashback :-D

...but I am still confused about two things. 1) Faith indicated that she thought that the w/t rekindling was a secret. They haven't told her? That seems unfair considering how much Faith put into their reconcilliation. and 2) Where is the part where I get to understand what part of this was Tara's responsibility? I mean, I know she *says* it wasn't all Willow's fault, and it wasn't *all* Willow's fault -- but Tara walked away. She didn't ask for what she wanted, she waited until it got to be more than she could handle, and then she couldn't handle it. It wasn't fair. OK, she was jealous of Ant, or at least wanted Willow to acknowledge that Ant was comming onto her -- but she never expressed it. And, yeah, Willow should totally have followed Tara - but it was a one shot deal? I mean, how could Tara wait until there was only one chance on this thing that was supposed to be one-true-love and then just leave. She pushed Willow away, and I know it is because she felt alienated from Willow and pushed away in a different way but I guess I can't help feeling that Tara needs to relieve Willow (and me too) of the burden of guessing what she needs.

I wish Faith could have been there too... but it was good to have just those two together after so much time apart.

... ooooh. And Ira's commentary on Tara's book was a gut buster! Seriously, I laughed my ass off. Well, not litterally, but you get my meaning... yes?

Happy Hanukkah!

(and thank you again... I know you didn't update *just* to please me -- but even if it wasn't intended for me, it made my day!)

db

ET(again)A: Because I forgot to say that I have these lingering, i dunno, niggling worries about the "details" that Tara seems to be keeping to herself. Why is she doing that? Won't it creep in and undermine their relationship? Frank, feelings of jealousy in general, full disclosure about thieir time apart -- Tara seems to hold things to her chest and I am not sure she is doing herself any favors.

Last edited by db on Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:12 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Second Dibs Debra I am so glad you are feeling better I would wait a life time for an update this story is so special and you resolved so many things for us today love will over come many things and what a wonderful day to update

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:14 am 
3. Flaming O

love it but then again that is not much of a surprise since it is your writing. you are such a great story teller. love it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:30 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

:applause :applause :applause

Wow!!!

More I read it, More I love it!!

Thank you so much!!!

It is good the flashback :kdevil lol

I'm glad it's not ended :-D

Happy Hannukah.

Re Thank You ^^

Julia

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:43 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Yahoo! An update...what a wonderful thing to find this morning.

So, our favorite couple is back together and obviously very happy, all is as it should be:) They have both grown up and realized what is important. I must admit, the curiosity troll living in my brain wants to read every word of their talking, crying, shouting on the road to reconciliation. But, not including that detail is fitting for this series and for the characters as well. Tara is obviously in the "what's past is past, let's move on with our lives" camp, while Willow is still (and probably always will be, to some extent) in "it was all my fault, thank every deity ever worshipped that I've gotten a second chance" land. Both attitudes are valid and real and so appropriate. I suspect we've all visited them in our lives.

Thanks for the St. Patrick's Day flashback. It's good to know that W&T didn't reconcile immediately following Willow's surprise appearance at Tara's reading. Not only would it have been foolish to jump in without talking about what happened, it would also lessen the relationship somehow. It would have been as if they learned nothing from their time apart. As if they were trying to recapture what they had been together (which is impossible), instead of realizing they both had grown and changed.

The fact that is took 3 months to re-establish the physical aspect of their relationship adds even more validity to their reconciliation. Too often, in fan fic and in real life, couples go directly to bed, do not pass go, do not work through any of the issues that led to the separation in the first place. Thus, dooming themselves to repeat their mistakes and relive the pain of breaking up again.

Willow babble is always amusing and I never get tired of reading it. And Tara has spectacular babble-stoppage technique.

Quote:
"I'm laughing at my choices. Either I'm rubbish in the sack in which case you trust that I was 'faithful' to you while we weren't together anyway or I'm a masterful stud in which case you spend who knows how long obsessing over where and with whom I got my masterful stud practice." She took a breath. "So it sounds like the best choice is a kind of mediocre shag."

The entire exchange is hysterical, but so very real. Of course Willow is nervous about performance, who wouldn't be. Interesting that we discover that Willow has been celibate since their break-up, but we don't know about Tara. Is Tara trying to spare Willow the pain of hearing about her activities during their separation? Have they discussed this in the interim between St. Patrick's Day and Hanukah? Still leaving questions for us to answer ourselves, eh Debra?

Is it too much to hope that there will be other installments to MT?

Thanks so very much for updating.

Michelle

Edited because my spelling is a wee bit off

Last edited by mole on Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:27 am 
9. Gay Now

So happy to see an update for this, Debra (or for anything you've written, really), and when there was no "about a year later..." I was all oooh, it's gonna pick up where the last left off. But alas, no. I'm trying to think of an appropriate analog to how these 1 year jumps feel as a reader. You suck us into these fascinating scenarios that always leave at least one or two questions unanswered. It feels like I'm clinging to a tree in a tornado, yelling "wait! I just need another minute to figure out---" and then I get yanked away and deposited 100 miles away...only it's time, not space. You get it? It's disorienting, and frustrating, and I keep coming back knowing I'm gonna get sucked into the tornado every. damn. time.

This update made me very uneasy. The fact that they've reconciled is awesome, but there's a lot of little clues that maybe all is not perfect in W/T-ville. Why is Willow still having trouble sleeping? Why does Tara seem so...flippant, maybe? She seems inordinately jealous when Willow agrees that Faith's boyfriend is handsome, but when Willow seems to need any reassurance, she wonders "how long she would have to continue reassuring her lover." From what you've shown, Tara doesn't appear to have done much reassuring at all, other than being around. The fact that Willow openly declares that she never slept with anyone during their breakup, but Tara doesn't (even though I don't recall any mention made of Tara tramping it up from what you've shown of that time) brings to mind their earlier argument about---was it Frank? I know Faith told Willow that it didn't matter/wasn't important, but it still seems that Willow is operating on a 'full disclosure/total honesty' level that Tara is not, and I wonder what that's going to spell for the next update.

Whatever happens, I know it'll be fantastic.
-Cam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:06 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Actually I don't blame Tara for withholding certain information ... or is it simply because she doesn't think it's necessary for the relationship to talk about some things? In theory, every relationship should be 100% transparent, but we know that this is a pipedream at best. From my experience, I find that I can't share every thought, every action. I want to have my independence, and my own secret thoughts. It takes a lot of trust and may put strain in a relationship, but some couples are this way. Anyhow, I am glad they found each other after the poetry reading, though I'm also very glad it took them time and effort to sufficiently mend the rift that was both their doing. Taking time to ease back to physical intimacy is perfect for these two. It may not work for everyone, but I've noticed that when these two take the time and care, things work out better.

Quote:
Tara reached over and brushed a few wisps of hair from her lover’s forehead. “Still doesn’t.”

It's always the simple things. A gentle brush of strands of hair, understanding of sleeping habits. The love is there, and sometimes we can't ask for our lovers to share everything.

Quote:
Willow raised the back of her seat and pouted. “You used to think it was cute.”

Tara reached over to tousle her lover’s hair. “I still think it’s cute. I’m just saying I’m on to it now.”

Another observation about relationships that are on their second, third etc time round, is that occasionally there is a tendency to compare 'now' with 'before' -- not necesssarily a good thing, and it's very automatic. Then again, hopefully things have changed since they were last together because otherwise the same problems will come back.

Damn, there's a lot more I want to say, but I have a cold and can hardly breathe. More later if I get the chance. But I still want to say a big thank you for updating. :clap
[br]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:06 pm 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

I've loved this story since before I joined the board, and I'm so pleased to read an update.

Loved it...:-D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:20 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Yay! More Menorah Tales!

G'day Debra. It's good to see this make a comeback; its been a while.

I'm glad to see that they didn't just rush back into things like headstrong teenagers. Raging hormones and uncontrollable lust might be fun admittedly, but they don't exactly give you a secure foundation upon which to rebuild a relationship.

Now, it seems that Willow has learned to moderate her work commitments, which is well and good. That should go quite some way towards fixing her share of their problems. But like some other people have noted, what is Tara doing?

Has she changed anything in her life to make it more 'Willow-friendly'? Compromise is a two-way street, and I'm not sure if I've noticed anything coming from Tara's end of things.

The whole bit about the perils of being a good shag was hilarious. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't! :lol Fantastic!

Can I just say that the idea that Willow occasionally says her trademark wierd dream comments intentionally is just too darn cute for words? (Though, if it is too cute for words, I can't exactly say much, now can I! :p)

I have to admit an embarresing detail though: at one point I started to mix this up with Car's 'Coming Back'. :blush Just when Ira was asking about why they broke up .... I just blurted 'Tell us what the fight was!'

Then I remembered ... wrong story, you doofus! :blush

Very nice to see this back again, Debra, but I have to wonder, how much more of this is there to go?

Cheers,
Paul.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:46 am 
5. Willowhand

Its this simple: Thank you for a wonderful loving story. Enough said.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:55 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

db – Ha ha. I love that voice and try to use it as a joke all the time but somehow, no one ever gets it. Oh yes, definitely together again and Willow’s made all the necessary adjustments.

Quote:
1) Faith indicated that she thought that the w/t rekindling was a secret. They haven't told her? That seems unfair considering how much Faith put into their reconcilliation. and
Yes. At the time that I wrote that I really questioned leaving it in. Their reconciliation is certainly not a secret and especially not from Faith. I think that in the beginning they were very guarded about how “it’s going…” when asked but I don’t think that they ever intended to keep anything from Faith, their other friends, or the Rosenbergs. I think that partially Faith’s comment is a reference to their first time together when it was a secret (or so they thought) for over a year.

Quote:
2) Where is the part where I get to understand what part of this was Tara's responsibility?
Excellent question. Yes, Tara has faults and responsibilities in this but I think that because this update is largely Tara’s pov, she isn’t really concentrating on those. For that matter, she’s not really recapping Willow’s failings; she’s noting how Willow has changed to make her feel important and special. But I totally get that you have a part that wants to see that.

Quote:
I wish Faith could have been there too... but it was good to have just those two together after so much time apart.
In my head, next year’s update will have a lot of Faith if that’s any consolation.

Thanks always.

Quote:
ET(again)A: Because I forgot to say that I have these lingering, i dunno, niggling worries about the "details" that Tara seems to be keeping to herself. Why is she doing that? Won't it creep in and undermine their relationship? Frank, feelings of jealousy in general, full disclosure about thieir time apart -- Tara seems to hold things to her chest and I am not sure she is doing herself any favors.
I’m not sure I agree with you. I think that there could be things that she feel are totally unimportant but that will hurt Willow and make her totally obsess. So in a way, I do think that she’s doing Willow a favor. And… we don’t know if Willow has asked her to tell her. I mean, I’m a very, “You’d tell me right?” person but not everyone is. Some people don’t want to know.

Dianneswillowtree – Hi. Thanks. I am feeling better although I still need to do PT for the finger and am not sure that it’s just a sprain. Still, it’s usable. Thanks.

witchlove – Hi and welcome. Thanks so much. I’m glad you enjoy it. Thanks.

JujuDeRoussie – Hello again. Thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed the story and the flashback. There will be much more of this story but it’s low on my priority list for another update. Thanks.

Michelle – Ha ha. Yes, they’re definitely more mature. I sometimes am amazed at people I know who were together in high school or even college and remain together many years later. I look at myself and can’t believe how different I am from the person I was even 10 years ago…

I think that you sum up both girls’ attitudes toward their relationship and their reconciliation very well. Both are moving on. In a way, I think that Tara has more of an appreciation for all the pain in life because of her writing. She sees much more of life as something learn and grow from whereas Willow probably sees it all as lost time. You know?

Quote:
Thanks for the St. Patrick's Day flashback.
Good. The date was obvious. Your comments regarding the timing of their reconciliation are precisely why I wanted to pin point the date and make it a few months away from the prior update. And yes, Willow is definitely understandably nervous.
Quote:
Interesting that we discover that Willow has been celibate since their break-up, but we don't know about Tara. Is Tara trying to spare Willow the pain of hearing about her activities during their separation? Have they discussed this in the interim between St. Patrick's Day and Hanukah? Still leaving questions for us to answer ourselves, eh Debra?
Very definitely. I’d recommend using your imagination to answer those questions and know that Tara is working within the framework the two women established during their reconciliation.

Thank you. There will definitely be more installments to this series but as I said, Waiting is a higher writing priority now that my finger is better.

tarawhipped
Quote:
when there was no "about a year later..." I was all oooh, it's gonna pick up where the last left off.
And I saw your feedback, remembered that and went back and inserted it. Of course for the next week, anyone else reading your fb was like, “what is Cam talking about? It says ‘about a year later’ right there at the top!” Ha ha.

I love your tornado analogy about these limited information updates. I was just looking at [url=http://thekittenboard.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3841a thread[/url] that Watty posted last year which I’m going to work on a response to next (you too?). Anyway, I was thinking about what I’ve learned as a writer this year. And I think the biggest thing is about the power and flexibility of what I don’t tell the reader. By not telling the reader the details, we allow the reader to imagine and create an understanding of their own. It’s a little cop-out but more than that, it’s a way to create multiple interpretations of the story. Does that make sense?

I can understand the uneasy feeling you have and I think that some of your observations are well founded. The not-sleeping one I didn’t intend as an indicator of anything more than a person who doesn’t require sleep very much (many geniuses don’t). Hmmm. Tara = flippant? Interesting and I won’t argue with that. I totally get what you are saying about the difference in the attitudes they have as far as total disclosure but I also think that Tara’s operating within the agreement while Willow is operating beyond the agreement. I’m not saying that either is wrong but I think that Tara doesn’t want to say unnecessary things that will only hurt (if there were any such things to discuss which I will leave to the aforementioned readers’ imaginations).

Thank you for the great feedback and deep questions.

watty
Quote:
actually I don't blame Tara for withholding certain information ... or is it simply because she doesn't think it's necessary for the relationship to talk about some things?
Not that I’m acknowledging that she has anything to withhold but I would say that if that is true, then perhaps discretion is the better part of valor. Willow says that they’ve agreed not to obsess over what happened while they were broken up and I would say that just because Willow decided to tell what she got up to (or didn’t) that doesn’t mean that Tara is being dishonest by not doing the same. I totally agree with you that their success in their relationship definitely depends largely on the extent to which they take the time and effort to work through things and take their time.

Yes, the simple things mean so much in a relationship. Just knowing what your lover’s interests or sleep habits are. And that little brush away from her forehead to me, means everything. I agree that it’s not always a great idea to compare but sometimes it is fun. You know? There’s “remember when you used to…” and there’s “Remember the time…” a little different but both say a lot.

Quote:
Damn, there's a lot more I want to say, but I have a cold and can hardly breathe.
Ahhh. I’m sorry to hear that. Drink lots of water and vitamin C and rest. I hope you feel better.

Candleshoe – Hey there. Thanks so much.

Darth Pacula – Hey there, Paul. Thanks so much. I’m glad the update has been so well received.
Quote:
Raging hormones and uncontrollable lust might be fun
Might be? Tee hee. But yes, it’s not a good foundation for your relationship.

And yes, you’re another vote for the what’s up with Tara camp. I have to suspect that I have written this a little too harshly because very honestly, I don’t intend for her to seem uncommitted or anything. I definitely intend that Tara has adjusted her work and social commitments to be part of a committed relationship rather than a single woman. I think that in a lot of ways you just don’t see them because this is narrated by Tara rather than Willow. You know, people don’t generally think about how rockin they are for making the changes they have made. I don’t know if that makes sense.

Glad you lol the shag bit. That’s hysterical about Coming Back. I frequently get fics mixed up—particularly if they’re a long time between updates. I always start the update trying to remember which one this is. Thanks so much and have a great Holiday.

willohand – Thanks so much. Simply but very nicely said. Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next