The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Creation Myth - new fic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:53 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Neat dovetail of Willow's conversation with Giles with the flashback of Tara telling Willow about the pregnancy - yes Willow needs to talk to Tara, cos heaven knows how bad Tara is feeling right now. Willow does suffer from All.About.Me syndrome (not as much as Buffy, but a close second), and for once I'm glad she snaps out of it quickly enough.

You've captured the reactions of two teenagers who suddenly found themselves with a baby very realistically. Add to it that they hadn't done anything that would normally lead to a pregnancy, I can believe the shock factor.

For Tara, it's not the best way of coming out to her best friend, and she did it only to tell Willow that she hasn't been with any boy, not to gain sympathy points.
Quote:
No boy, z-zero boys. Missed p-period. I’m nine t-tests positively p-pregnant.

Wonderful detail you've put in here. The short, stuttered sentences. That Tara did the test 9 times. I can imagine the increasing panic as test after test came back positive.

I see more angst ahead. Willow will want to be the responsible parent and spaz out constantly. Tara will feel rejected because the girl she's crushing on is being nice to her because of the baby and perceived guilt. I can't wait to see how they discover their feelings towards each other.

I really enjoyed this chapter. Bravo. :clap
[br]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:30 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Wow, I agree with everyone else this is such a great story. Very well done.

And you changed the graphics between the first and second chapter. I guess not to spoil the surprise at the end of the first chapter. Also very well done.

looking forward to the next chapter, wilgen.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:58 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Wow! :thud

Hi :wave

I don't think you should feel at all nervous about hitting the 'submit' button, this story is brilliant, I love it. :)

You're doing a great job of exploring & describing Willow & Tara's feelings. The way that they are both dealing and reacting to what's happened is perfectly in character for both girls, especially in relation to how far their relationship had progressed at that time on the show. (Uhm, I hope that made sense).

Anyway, I shall be following this story very eagerly from now on. :)

Hugs
Jeanne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:35 pm 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

Ok does anyone else want to slap Willow or is it just me? Poor Tara is all alone and scared but she's holding it all together better than Willow is. At least Giles was able to help Willow and at least lead her in the right direction.

Great story, I am really enjoying it and looking forward to more :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:41 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

I really like this take on their relationship. Really good start to the story. I feel bad for both of them. It would be quite a shock. Can't wait for the next update.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:11 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 4
Okay, if no one else says it, let me. The whole thing was great, but this bit:

Quote:
“Seriously Tara, you tell me who the guy is and he’s toast! You just point daddy out.” Willow stated firmly.

Tara paused pondering her friend’s impassioned words. Then she slowly, very slowly pointed at Willow.

“Wha? Do I have something on me.” Willow looked at Tara in a befuddled manner then stared at his own chest looking for the imaginary stain of goobley-goo on her shirt.

“N-n no.” Tara took a deep breath. “Y-you… d-daddy.”

was the funniest freaking thing I have heard in a loooooong time. And I hang out with lunatics, so that's saying something.

LOLOLOLOLOL

As far as what you've written so far, really nice. You got the voices and mannerisms of all 3 characters down, though at first, Willow struck me as sounding a bit too young, even for an 18 year old. Kind of like it's more season 3 Willow. Giles seems a little nicer, too, but hey, this is clearly AU, and the dialogue is really making the storytelling so I guess you don't want to mess with it too much since it's working. Nice.

binky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:10 pm 
3. Flaming O

[center]Greetings All! UPDATE? Yes, I promise, soon very soon...

For now some replies.

Thanks again for all those reading. An extra big hearty thank you for all the nice feedback.[/center]

-----------------------------------------------

Boadecia, Wil, dorksrcooll, wilgen, Guppy - Thanks for the 'thumbs up'. I hope you keep reading. Hold on to your hats.

Emms - It makes me all tingly to have your feedback & praises. I dunno writing fics doesn't give you as much time to read them... makes me wonder....

Quote:
(don't get me started on how insensitive she was being when Tara told her what had happened...Grrrr)

Willow - yes, feel free to growl all you want.

Justin - A definite shocker & bad, very bad reaction on Willow's part.

DarkWiccan - My friend... sorry to keep you waiting. Thanks for the impatient nudge. All in good time... - wink -

caz - You missed
Quote:
the night of conception?
I 'tisk' at you as I laugh. I bet C2 was a shocker for you and Willow!

Aine - Puppy dog eyes, who can resist? I'm working on it!

SallyMcFine - A "GREAT"?! I blush.

Feel free to stick up for Willow all you want! She's taking quite a beating in feedback....

Quote:
...your writing style is very easy to read, and it makes it easy to visualize the action.

I have a little film strip in my mind.

kisstheviolets - Wow, an "oy vey?"

I love a speechless GIles... he'll make another appearance or two....

watson - Gulp... you make me nervous....

Your comments are always very observant and your compliments appreciated.
Quote:
I really enjoyed this chapter. Bravo.
You've just handed me my graduation papers. Look, I dog-paddle well!

kindagay - No, really, that 'submit' button, it's scary.

Puff -
Quote:
does anyone else want to slap Willow
Slap away!

binky -
Quote:
the funniest freaking thing I have heard in a loooooong time. And I hang out with lunatics, so that's saying something

Now that had me laughing - you're wacky. I chuckled at the 'daddy' line as I wrote it.

Yeah, it's AU, but I do think Willow has a tendency to lapse into infantile Willow babble when she's flummoxed.

Irene73 -Thanks for all the compliments.

Quote:
You introduced enough information without giving too much away...does that make any sense?

Perfect sense, I'm glad you're enjoying this. Updatey goodness...yes, soon.

I've renamed my beta - Saint Starcomed. Thanks for all the help!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:15 pm 
2. Floating Rose

All I can really say is wow! This is a great story, and I will most deffinatly be following it. I really think that Willow neads to shape up, but hopefully Giles talked some sense into her. As for Tara, you are spot on with her charcter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:58 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Originally posted by Grayson[hr]

This is a really interesting beginning to a story. I hope you're planning on continuing it.

You've described Willow and Tara how I've always imagined them - Willow started out enjoying the admiration of someone new who allowed her to practice witchcraft without judgment, and Tara was so into Willow and had such low self-esteem that she'd do anything, even if it wasn't the best idea.

I'm not saying they didn't develop a healthier relationship as time went by, but I don't think it was all perfect and simple from the beginning.

I'm really interested to see where you take this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:58 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Originally posted by WillowRulez[hr]

Weird! I thought I already replied to this story... must have been my imagination.
Great start, unique idea! Please continue soonish?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:38 am 
3. Flaming O

[center]A short reply and then an update!![/center]

Miss Kitty Fantastico, Grayson, WillowRulez - Glad you're on board and reading!

Hope you've all caught up with Chapter Two, the duplicate confuzzled me too. Thanks DW for pointing it out.

Post subject: Re: Creation Myth - Updated 01/20
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:45 am 
3. Flaming O

[center]Image[/center]

[center]See Chapter One for disclaimers.[/center]

Chapter Three - Craving

Sweet, kind, caring, Patient with a capital P, smart, gracious, responsible, talented, Wiccan extraordinaire, pretty…. Willow wrote two more things. Then she stopped, staring intensely at the last words she had written.

She had a headache. Willow closed her eyes, cupping a hand over her forehead, crimping her temples with a thumb and middle finger.

It was a terrible misstep, a stall that caused things to go from terrible to worse….

----------------------------

Willow walked hurriedly towards campus - destination Tara’s dorm room.

‘Well I think you should have told me you were gay!‘ I can’t believe I said that… and everything else! Doofus! Do I care if Tara’s gay – no! Gay-shmay… but why didn’t she tell me? Ok, so magickally pregnant. Is she… she said she was, Giles said it was true. This just isn’t normal…. Yes, because living on the Hellmouth and having a best friend that’s the Slayer is soooo normal. Don’t forget the furry boyfriend that wants to bite you every full moon. Correction, ex-boyfriend. She slowed her gait the closer she came to campus. Despite her good intentions and grand declaration at Giles’ she faltered. She stopped dead in her tracks, staring at the grass. Ok. Pregnant… pregnant, because of me.

Willow was so preoccupied; she was surprised when she suddenly felt two strong hands holding her arms, shaking her slightly.

“Will, hey! You ok? Been calling ya.” What’s with the deaf and droopy?

“Oh, Buffy, I… hi.”

Buffy tilted her head. Uh-oh more Oz doldrums? “What’s up? Mocha or something?”

Willow eyes fluttered up to the general direction of Tara’s dorm then she turned to look at Buffy. She wanted to do the right thing, but a little detour couldn’t hurt. “Yeah, mocha.” I’m stalling… coward… but best friend time could help… coward.

----------------------------

Tara took a deep breath and stood up. She had spent enough time crying. Normally she would go to class, but there were more pressing matters today. She needed to see someone she had put off seeing.

I’ll freshen up, change, and go. I should eat, get something to go. What am I craving?

After a quick clean up, she was out the door. It was a nice day out, not too hot and not too cold. Perfect for her brown bag lunch in the park, a small stop along the way. At the very least, the pleasant weather was helping to keep her in spirits up. Despite all the turmoil, she was feeling strangely upbeat when she knew she should be nervous. Every now and again she would rest her hand on her stomach while she walked along, still partially in disbelief. With every step she gathered a little more courage.

“Well, here we are,” she whispered to herself.

She walked through the sliding glass doors and went to the circular desk in the middle of the lobby of the Women’s Health Clinic.

“Hello, can I help you?” A young woman with dark hair stood up immediately.

“Um, I need to see a d-doctor, but I don’t have an a-appointment.” Tara bit her lip.

“Is this for a check up or…?”

“Prenatal visit.” Tara stated firmly.

The woman tilted her head ever so slightly and gave her a quick nod. “Normally we’d need to schedule an appointment for you, but… let me see what I can do. Why don’t you take a seat and fill out this paper work.”

Tara smiled gratefully and took the clipboard as instructed. “Thanks.”

The woman smiled back and disappeared to the back of the clinic.

Tara finished the paperwork just as the receptionist returned.

“I finished. And, um… and I’ll need some information on affordable h-healthcare for l-low income s-single….”

The woman gave her a compassionate look, and then took the clipboard, scanning the information quickly to make sure it was properly filled out. She spoke gently and reassuringly. “Why don’t we get you into see a doctor and we’ll discuss your options when you’re done. You’re in luck, um… Tara. Pretty name. Dr. Pfeiffer can see you; she’s one of our best. Follow me.”

“Thank you, again.”

“All in a day’s work.”

-----------------------------

The walk to the Espresso Pump was strangely quiet. At least on Willow’s part.

Buffy yammered on about Riley and the Initiative. At first she tried, really tried to get Willow to talk, but her best friend had stubbornly kept her mouth shut. It was worrisome; Willow was never that quiet. So Buffy filled the silence with frivolous chatter. I’m really out of best friend practice? I thought she was kinda over the Oz thing? She was hoping the familiar hangout and caffeine with chocolate goodness would make Willow spill.

“C’mon Will. What’s going on?” Buffy asked as they took their seats. “Oz?”

“What? Oz? No.” Willow shook her head, turning the mocha cup idly by the handle, first one way and then the other, back and forth.

“Tara.” Buffy sounded brightly.

“Tara? How did you…?” Willow looked up in surprise.

“She’s over there. At the counter, just walked in.” Buffy started to wave.

Panic overtook Willow again. “Wait… no… don’t….” Willow slouched down, hunching her shoulders and ducking her head. They had successfully avoided each other for a week or so. She had stuck to her normal routine for the most part and Tara had as well. That made avoidance easy, but today it appeared Tara had not. What’s she doing here now? Shouldn’t she be in class? What, like she’s not allowed to be somewhere? It’s a free world.

Buffy speedily pulled her hand down and stared at Willow’s suddenly shrinking figure. “Willow?”

Oh no… oh no…! I thought I was ready, but I’m not. No, I can’t see her, not yet. Not here, not in public. Willow wondered if she could shrivel down to the size of a raisin. Maybe she would just sink to the floor and hide under the table.

It was too late.

Tara had seen them. When she first walked into the cafe she was oblivious and caught up in her own thoughts. Things had gone so well at the clinic, the check up went fine and she had some very good options for healthcare. It made her optimistic. Really, the only reason she was there was because she had a yearning for something sweet. A tiny celebratory treat. She might not have noticed them at all if Buffy hadn’t looked up at her and started to wave. She watched with a sinking heart as the slayer dropped her arm like lead and looked down at the table, pretending not to see her. She saw the redhead, with her back to her trying desperately to burrow into her jacket. Great. Now they are both going to ignore me and… and I’m not going to let it get to me. She pushed up her courage, a small sandbag against the flood of negativity.

Willow felt Tara’s eyes on the back of her head. I’m a jerk.

She didn’t dare turn to look. What am I doing?

She wanted to disappear. Hiding and being a jerk.

“Are you and Tara fighting?” Buffy whispered glancing quickly at Tara guiltily. She watched her best friend trying and failing to do her best impersonation of a snail retreating into its shell. “Will?”

I have nothing to be ashamed about, this isn’t my fault. I’m just trying to make the best out of this situation. Tara held her head up despite the tears threatening her eyes and swiftly departed. Wavering between anger and sorrow, she briefly considered approaching them. No, it just wasn’t in her to make a public scene. Instead, she left the café, choosing to walk past the window they were sitting at, like she normally would. As she walked by she kept her eyes level and her strides confident. She didn’t want to appear like she was skirting them or that she should run away and hide.

Ok, almost out of sight, just down the street and around the corner and…. When she sure she was out of view Tara dropped her head and slowed down. The bravado disappeared with each retreating step and she felt more alone than ever. Dragging her feet, she approached the closest trashcan.

Willow’s eyes trailed after Tara’s departing figure as her heart pounded out an anxious irregular rhythm. I’m a bad friend. I was going to talk to her… and then Buffy…. Blah, blah, blah, excuses, excuses, excuses. She saw me and I know she did. Willow sank lower in her seat this time.

“Willow? Ok. Really, what’s going on? I thought you two were all gal-pally, all close and…?” Buffy looked a little annoyed, as well as concerned. Sure Willow was her best friend, but weren’t Tara and Willow all good witchy-friends? Wills certainly bragged enough about Tara, who really had proven to be a big help recently. Buffy didn’t know the girl well, but she seemed sweet.

Willow’s eyes widen slightly. I can’t tell Buffy, I haven’t even talked to Tara. Yeah and that’s the big problem, I need to talk to her and I haven’t. Dork. “Listen Buff, I don’t want to talk talk about it just now, ok? Tara and I had a fight… or um, misunderstanding.” Understatement. Willow’s face became stony and a hard ridge formed along her brow.

“Are you sure Will… maybe I can help… or?” Buffy’s face softened seeing Willow’s defensives come up.

Willow let go of a defeated breath. “Buffy? What if… say, you did something, but, but didn’t do it on purpose. But it was definitely your fault and you got someone else in trouble and there was no way to really fix it?” Fix it? Can this be fixed? “Now this person is in… um… permanent trouble. And worst of all, you freaked and… and….”

“Avoided them?”

“Yeah.” Willow finally looked up into Buffy’s eyes.

“Everyone screws up Will. Maybe you can’t fix it, but… avoiding it isn’t going to make it better, a lot of times it makes it worse.” Buffy gave Willow a small smile. “Groveling and baked goods can help too.”

Willow nodded and stared out the window. Tara’s image replayed in her mind, her stiff figure continually marching past the window. Her blue eyes piercing the back of Willow’s head making her want to repeatedly slap the burning spot for being so stupid. I could’ve at least said ‘hey’ and added ‘can we talk’. What happened to my whole action-girl idea? I had action when I left Giles’! She set her jaw tight and slapped a hand on the table.

Buffy’s brows arched up in surprise. “Will?” She reached out and wrapped her hand gently around one of Willow’s wrists.

“Buffy, I should go.” Willow’s eyes danced up and down the sidewalk. “Really, I gotta go… um, Tara, she needs…. I, uh, you know.” Willow motioned out the window.

Buffy cocked her head. “Right, ‘gotta go’, I got that. So… say ‘hi’ to Tara for me.” She released her best friend.

Willow stood up pulling her bag around her shoulders and headed briskly for the door. Now I have double apologies, no triple-quadruple times a thousand apologies to make! Oh, baked goods. She spun around quickly and approached the counter.

Buffy watched Willow’s mad dash almost out the door. She saw her best friend’s hasty return, the animated counter purchase, and the final whirlwind stumble out the cafe. At least she remembered the baked goods, hopefully she does ok with the groveling.

--------------------

Willow ran as fast as she could clutching a small paper bag in her sweaty hand, the weighted book bag pounding against her back. She bent over grabbing her side and spied Tara in the far distance just entering her dorm building. Faster, can’t these stupid legs go faster? Tara, oh I’m so sorry… for everything.

Willow awkwardly approached Tara’s dorm, bursting through the building’s front door and bounding up the stairs. Students quickly got out of her way, some protesting loudly. She didn’t care; she was a woman on a mission and she would not be derailed this time. She hit the top step, her sneakers squealing against the hard surface. She spun to her right and ran down the hall skidding to a hard stop. The heavy bag on her back pulled her body with force, and she accidentally collided into the doorframe with her shoulder. Oww.

Tara had entered her room and was heading to her comfy chair when she heard the commotion in the hallway. The sudden crash at her door made her spin around startled. Oh my, not another demon? In the daytime? She cautiously approached the door.

Willow tried to catch her breath, leaning against the doorframe and grasping the handle for support. I am sooo not a slayer. You’d think after all my demon-bait-and-run experience I’d be in better shape. Willow hesitated, let out a short breath, un-crumpled the paper bag as best she could, and knocked softly.

- knock, knock -

“Tara?”

Tara had her hand on door, but when she heard the familiar voice she quickly let go of the handle and backed up slightly. Willow?

I know she’s there, well what do you expect after… what? Getting her pregnant, freaking out, then ditching her? Oh - ho, let’s not forget the wonderful performance at the café! Willow leaned her forehead up against her fist still on the door. She pulled back and lightly rapped herself on the head in frustration. Then she straightened up, squared her shoulders, and tried again, a little louder.

- - knock, knock - -

Tara lingered momentarily then retreated two more steps backward. What does she want now, after what happened at the Espresso Pump? She could’ve said something then or even just looked at me. But she hid from me and….

“Please Tara. I’m sorry. Can I come in?” Willow leaned into the door and pleaded.

Tara held her breath; the distance to the door seemed so great. There were too many things that could hurt her on the other side. There were too many things that already had. She took a few quick steps forward and silently turned the lock. Then she stood so close that she could feel Willow through the door.

- - - knock, knock, knock - - -

Willow earnestly tried again. “Please. I know you’re there. And….” She scooted close to the wall when a few people walked by curiously eyeing her up. “I’m an idiot, a really sorry idiot.” She gently tried the handle, but found it locked. Her brow furrowed, she had never been locked out of Tara’s room before. “Tara? Please, I’m sorry.”

Tara closed her eyes and bit her lip. Now she realized that she still needed more time; but she didn’t want to hurt Willow either. There had already been too many damaged feelings. She turned and leaned back against the safety of the locked door. “Willow.”

“Tara!” Willow perked up and grinned slightly, happy to finally hear a reply.

“Willow. I need some… time.”

Time? Time for what? Why? Willow instantly scrunched her brow. “Tara? I’m sorry. Can we just talk? Please.”

Tara swallowed the stutter forming on her lips. “No, not yet… but we will. Willow, I… I don’t want to hurt you.

Hurt me? But I’m the one that’s done the hurting. Willow cringed. “Tara?” She rubbed a tiny spot on the door with an open hand.

“I just want some more time to….” To do what exactly? What would you do alone that you couldn’t do with her? Think things over clearly, that’s what. “…think. Then, we can talk. I mean, if you s-still want to.”

“Time to think?” Isn’t this how things ended with Oz? Willow was defeated; her voice became strained, and she fought back her tears. “Tara… are you going to leave?”

“No.” Tara instinctually turned towards the door. There was something very childlike about Willow sometimes that she couldn’t help but respond to. She leaned her forehead against the wooden surface. “No, just give me some space… I don’t want to avoid you, but I don’t want you to hide from me.”

Willow nodded. It was a small request. “Ok. I understand.” She paused and sniffled. “But, you will call me… when you’re ready? Or, or if you need something… anything?” She brightened up slightly. “I can deliver; you’re very own personal delivery person. Like now. I have something for you. I’ll just leave it by the door. You don’t even have to see me.” She put the small paper bag down by the door and stared at it. It seemed ludicrous, but suddenly she pinned all her hopes on it. She bent down and tidied up the small bag as best she could. “I guess… I guess, I’ll go now, unless you want me to stay?”

“No Willow, it’s fine; you should go.” Tara kept her voice even.

“Tara… I am, you know… really sorry… about everything.”

“I know.”

Willow sighed heavily. “Ok. Bye.” She dropped her head and skulked away. I have a lot of groveling to do, much groveling with more than just baked goods. She lifted her head determinately.

When she no longer felt Willow’s presence Tara unlocked the door and opened it a crack. Satisfied the redhead was truly gone, she opened the door and peeked down the hallway. She caught a glimpse of the paper bag on the ground and picked it up. It had a slight weight to it. She shook her head and sighed heavily. It was an apple spice muffin; the treat she had bought herself and then thrown in the trash. She poked her head back out the door and turned to look down the hallway.

--------------------------------

For the past few hours Willow had tried to do her assignment, but gave up. Instead she turned to a notebook and started making a little list. A Tara-list of sorts, things Tara liked - eventually it became a list about Tara.

Sweet, kind, caring, Patient with a capital P, smart, gracious, responsible, talented, Wiccan extraordinaire, pretty… sexy, pregnant. Willow stared at the last two words.

Sexy AND pregnant. Huh?! Now her head really was aching. She closed her eyes.

She didn’t hear the front door open.

“Great, you’re home!” Buffy approached Willow, who was obviously distracted.

“Oh hey, Buff.” Willow opened her eyes and hastily closed the notebook.

“So, how’s things? Tara?” Buffy was hoping she’d elaborate.

“Um, pretty good… well better, I think.” Willow didn’t want to get into it.

“Oh-kay? How about dinner, you and me? We could do the old stand-by best friend and pizza thing.” Buffy could see that Willow was still upset and not looking so good.

“Maybe, um, when I get back. Later.” She glanced at the time.

“Grovel duty?”

“Just starting.” Willow rushed towards the door wanting to avoid any further discussion.

“Well who am I to stop a good servant? Grovel away!” Buffy called out to the departing figure.

------------------------------

The soft knock on her door made her instantly nervous. Tara looked up from her reading and knew it could only be Willow. She’s back already? What happened to space and time? Ok, but you said no avoiding or hiding. She hesitated, then got up and went to the door. “Hello?”

No answer? Hmmm. “Willow?”

When she received no reply she cautiously opened the door. Nobody was standing there, but she quickly noted the brown bag at the threshold. She craned her head down the hallway to see just a bit of Willow’s hair, before she turned to go down the stairs.

Tara picked up the bag and took it into her room. There was small note on the outside.

[center]Image[/center]

Tara opened the bag. The first thing she lifted out was a daisy; she couldn’t help but grin a little. There was a small white bag folded in half that had a cookie in it. Next she pulled out a large water bottle, then a small square container that had a salad in it. Finally she pulled out the last container, finding one of her favorites, whole-wheat penne with smoked mozzarella and roasted eggplant. She held the small flower between her fingers, twirling it by its stem while her head argued with her heart. I… I… need time. But she couldn’t resist quickly making her way to her window just to catch another glimpse of Willow.

================================================

Author's Note: St. Starcomed your beta heaven!

Last edited by Tues on Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:19 am 
17. Mega-Witches

Awright, TuesBlu, I think you get the Angst Award for January 2006. This is painful in a realllllly good way. And yes, it's GREAT. So real, so well written, so easy to read. The note from Willow was a very nice touch. The slow realization on Willow's part about "sexy? pregnant?" was also neat - like Willow's subconscious was trying to help her realize something that her conscious mind isn't quite ready for. When Willow realizes that she's wrong and sets her mind to making it right, she's quite a force to be reckoned with.

I think it's wise of Tara to realize that she, too, needs time, since she has so many hurt and confused feelings about Willow based on W's reaction. Rather than taking Willow in and hearing all her apologies (plus the big revelation, perhaps?) with resentment in her heart, she'll be able to talk to Willow when she's dealt with some of those emotions and gotten past them a bit.

I'm on tenterhooks for the updatey goodness!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:12 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

:bounce update’age! I'll have to catch ya later though, on the feedback tip.

:glasses

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:51 am 
2. Floating Rose

amazing update. I look for an update everyday. i was excited when this was updated. i think the situation you have set up is a very real one. i think i would react the same way had i been in eaither of the charaters' places. i love your writing style. alot of times i won't be able to read a good story because i just can't get into the writing style. it's simple, it flows, and there aren't too many big words...don't get me wrong. i know some big words, but sometimes i just don't want to think about what they mean u kno? well awesome story, i'll go sit in my corner and wait for an update. :)

stacey

Post subject: Re: Creation Myth
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:50 pm 
5. Willowhand

Okay - I was almost in tears reading this. I love Willow, I really do but I could have kicked her arse for trying to hide from Tara in the coffee shop. Buffy also annoyed me and I can't explain why!!! (I must be going mad).

Then Willow came to her senses and chased after Tara. Hearing Willow pleading to Tara broke my heart. I think Tara was right not to let Willow into her room - she's got to put herself and the baby first. Willow is going to have to do a lot of grovelling - she's made a good start!

More soon please :bounce

Caz

"I'm a bloodsucking fiend! Look at my outfit!" Willow - Doppelgangland

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:21 pm 
8. Vixen

:applause
This story is painfully angsty but really fun to read! I love it and can't wait for more updates.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:55 pm 
3. Flaming O

I.LOVE.IT.
I want more please update soon.

It only take a minute to see that someone is special an hour to appreciate and a day to love that person. But it take forever to forget.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:21 pm 
8. Vixen

Waaaah this is alll so heartbreaking, I wanna cry.
Willow is a big dummy... she should tell Buffy. Well, I know why she didnt do it yet but still.
Please update soon!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:28 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Awww that so depressing but really really good please update soon!!!
Erin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:01 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Very well written. Your pov changes are very well done. We can see the inner turmoil of both characters without getting whiplash. I like that each is doing exactly what she can without going past that. Tara knows that right now she can't see Willow but she's taking Willow's offerings. And Willow's finally making an effort. Very well done.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:35 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Great update! And nice touch in the end with the letter. That's the first thing I think Willow's done right, yet. I can totally sympathize with Tara...after everything that has happened she just needs a little time to think, to compose herself and adjust to what's happening to her.

I still am having a hard time dealing with the way Willow's acting, but at least she seems to be moving in the right direction.

I am waiting with baited breath, for the next installment.

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:08 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

geez, is willow a bastard or what? i know she's making progress now, but i'm almost in the "too little, too late" camp. ducking and ignoring tara in public??!! big thumbs down to willow on that. i get being wigged out, but if you're not the one with the lifeform gestating inside of you unexpectedly you just don't get much of my sympathy for being a complete jerk. apple spice muffin or not. i'm glad tara isn't letting her in just yet. it's one thing to be spineless on your own, but with a kid on the way she's got to learn to toughen up. so while not letting willow in just yet may put off the inevitable smoochies, i'm glad that tara's putting her feelings first and not trying to make an obviously guilt-ridden willow feel better.

i have faith that you will redeem ms. rosenberg and get us to a happily ever after. in the meantime, i'm supremely enjoying the angst and this great story.

brandy

Last edited by kisstheviolets on Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:20 pm 
3. Flaming O

Location: Somewhere in my head, but I haven't figured out where yet.
Hey,
Okay,sorry about lack of feedback, but I'm not much of a feedback writer. Usually everything comes out all scrambled and stuff and no one understands it, so I try to leave feedback, but keep it short so here it is. I gotta tell you, this story just surprised the heck outta me. It's really good, in fact it's better than good. It's excellent. I bow down to the wonderful writer that is TuesBlu :bow . This is a wonderful story and I hope you keep updating. :clap

Ariel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:58 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
Glad to see Willow behaving more maturely... smalls steps, but good ones.

Can't wait for more!!!!

Cheers
DW

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:38 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Willow has lots and lots of groveling to do. I can't believe she would hide from Tara. But I'm glad she didn't tell Buffy what's going on without talking to Tara about it.

Awesome update! I'm glad Willow is starting to take responsibility.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:49 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for update-y-ness :)

Very good :clap & it's nice to see Willow being all sweet & grovel-y now.

Sorry for the shortness - I have quite a lot of fics to catch up on.

Hugs
Jeanne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:32 pm 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

What a great update. It is so interesting to see the contrast between Willow and Tara. We have Tara who is responsible and understanding and even explains what she is doing and why. Then we have Willow *gives Willow a well deserved slap* :) Who is literally ducking responsiblity and hurting Tara without explaining her reasoning.

I am pleased that Willow is making small steps forward, but I can't see it all plain sailing from here. Well done to Tara as well for doing her first doctors check up.

Thanks for this wonderful story. I eagerly await the next installment.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:14 am 
3. Flaming O

[center]Hi all, sorry it's not an update, yet.... Replies and such for now.
[/center]

--------------

SallyMcFine - I'm really glad you're enjoying the angst. Whew, trust me it's got me all nervous too! Wink, don't want to give too much away.

Quote:
I'm on tenterhooks for the updatey goodness!!!

Ouch!

-------------

Aine - Wow, you sound addicted & I appreciate the feedback. Big words, um, I know a few too. Superfragilisticexpialidocious? I hope you have a comfy corner.

------------

caz - That coffee shop bit, kind of happened to someone I know. MInus the preganancy, but you know, the hiding and ditching part. Evil. Always got me all riled up. You can be mad at Buffy too.

------------

dorksrcool - Painful and fun to read, you should see me write this.

------------

will - They'll be more!

------------

Irene - Thanks for reading and everything else!

Cinnamon buns, freshly made. Yum! Sign me up.

Hopefully I do Tara's situation justice. I'm gonna really try to.

Quote:
Not without a few bumby roads...

Yes, bumpy indeed.

-------------

WillowRulez - Ah, heck. I don't want to make you cry.

Quote:
Willow is a big dummy...

You'll get no argument from me.

-------------

AlysonGoddess - I feel like I'm torturing you all & you like it?

Quote:
that so depressing but really really good

-------------

JustSkipIt - I'm so glad that you haven't thrown any raisins at me! Thanks for the thumbs up. Whew, makes me sweat when writers I like fb me.

-------------

Emms - Yup, I'm still all smiley when I see you reading & enjoying my tale of woe. Hang tight dear Emms.... bare with me.

--------------

brandy - Whew, Tara should have you in her corner!

Quote:
...if you're not the one with the lifeform gestating inside of you unexpectedly you just don't get much of my sympathy for being a complete jerk...

And, I don't want you mad at me either! So, definitely have faith.

-------------

Ariel - That's ok regarding fb, I'm recently de-lurked & getting my feet wet. But, I have to say fb really helps! Good to know people are reading and enjoying this. I'll be updating, don't worry.

--------------

DarkWiccan - Hi ya DW! I'm glad you're still reading. More, well... yes, there's more to come.

--------------

Guppy - Willow, Willow. But hey, magically impregnanted friend that's pretty darn shocking, but still... she's being a boob.

--------------

Jeanne -

Quote:
Sorry for the shortness...

No apologies necessary, just glad to know you're enjoying this! It really helps a newbie like me, well it really helps anyone who puts a story out there.

-------------

Puff - Tara's at a totally different level with this than Willow. I can say that much. The rest... well I can't spoil it.

Quote:
gives Willow a well deserved slap

--------------

[center]Thanks everyone for reading & especially for the feedback![/center]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:20 am 
3. Flaming O

[center]Image[/center]

[center]My evil accomplice & sainted beta - starcomed. You're a mad genius![/center]

Last edited by Tues on Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next