The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Creation Myth
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:02 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hey there,
Well, Willow's finally saying and thinking and feeling the "right" things. I also think that she's starting to notice her feelings for Tara on an intellectual level. She seems to be starting to notice some "I like her and not like a friendly friend way" thoughts. I'm so glad that she wants to help and be involved and go to the visit. Yay Willow!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:17 am 
2. Floating Rose

I'm sorry it took me so long to catch up on this story, it's so great, and I read it whenever I get the chance. I am so glad that Willow is finally starting to accept the baby. I hope it really will sink in for her when they see the sonogram. I don't blame her for not telling Buffy and Xander about what is going on quite yet. She is having a hard enough time handling it, and they could only complicate the matter.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:41 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Every time I read this story, I have to resist the urge to either throttle or coddle the two of them. I find them very frustrating, they simply cannot seem to connect, their timing is totally off and they're both being overthinky. Which is exactly how real people who find themselves in this type of situation will behave, hell, people with less on their minds will be overanalytical and overthinky too. Kudos to you for making them so real, yet keep me the reader vastly interested. They're making small baby steps, though I'm sure :devil you have more angst in store for us. This is a very sentimental story, yet you've stayed away from the soppiness. Thanks for that.
[br]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:45 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I second that motion to throttle or coddle. The note bit which was quite a "bit" ago was ridiculously adorable. Ridiculous. How adorable. It was a great and creative addition to the story and it really made me feel as if I were participating in this whole romantic dance FROM HELL. Well, that's a little harsh. Romantic dance from the evil sadistic writer who sits at the computerof said writer, laughing maniacally, as the writer creates yet ANOTHER chapter where Tara and Willow are not together. Oh wait . . . that writer's you. Woof.

Okay but despite my selfish little rant thing, I've been seriously enjoying your story. For serious. I like the concept of how Tara and Willow don't immediately fall in love, have passionate sex, and then live the lives of old lesbians on the Hellmouth of course. The suspense is painful, yes, but your handling of each characters emotions more than makes up for it. So bravo you crafty minx you. Can't wait for the next (and the next and the next and the next and the next . . .)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:37 am 
3. Flaming O

Greetings everyone, I’ve been away for a while. My head’s a crowded place these days & my heart’s a bit heavier than I remember.

Just some replies for now, some of these I started quite a while ago, but well, side tracked and all. Oh, and I hope no one minds my non-use of emoticons, I like them, but I’m an old-fashioned typing fool.

Irene, Mi Dulce Amiga –Some of this is old, but you know where I've been lately, so...

First:
Quote:
I have two homemade tamales with your name written on them… Any chance of us getting an update soon? Hmmm?

Jogging? Tues, you're not supposed to do that... Get well first. Mommy's orders.

Homemade tamales?!?! Sheesh, my lateness means I missed out, huh? Right… and no running with colds, is that like running with scissors but different? So, I guess that’s a ‘bad Tues, no tamales’!

Yes, “dibbing” can be a word. And Tiggrscorpio… thanks will definitely be made!
Quote:
They need to start rebuilding what they once had...Tara needs to start remembering the Willow she once knew before all this happened. She's still there, just scared and confused.

This is very true. But I do have to say that Tara is only being protective, and not just of the baby and herself. Watson brings up a good point about over-thinking. Both these characters are going through so much.
Quote:
Tara has got to see the old Willow slowly making her way back to the surface.

It's a two-fold process, “things” need to be tangible for both Tara and Willow.
Quote:
The realism you bring into this fic is incredibly true.

For much of this, I owe you a degree of gratitude. You’ve been a tremendous resource fielding my questions (everyone take a moment to thank Irene). I have my own hundreds of “thank yous” for many other things. Usted tiene mi corazón.
Quote:
The baby knows. A mental picture of a baby pulling on Tara's umbilical cord just popped into my head. *snickering* I can just hear it saying, "Yeah, I want both my mommies!" All kidding aside, maybe that small sign of discomfort is a telling of how emotionally connected Tara and Willow are.

Oh, and a comment about the little post-it notes...I love them!! They're like hor'deurves….

I loved these comments. An hors d'oeuvre is on the way!

LeatherQueen –Greetings & thanks for piping up.
Quote:
Aba = Father
Ima = Mother
Those are the words for Mother and Father in Hebrew.

Again, no worries about toe-stepping (steel-toed boots help), but very good on your part for figuring that out! I confess that brilliant idea was courtesy of my beta.
Quote:
…I'm also wondering about the necessary explanation she's going to have to give Buffy and Xander about her unexpected Daddy-hood.

In due time, stay-tuned.

MochaVamp –Good day MV & thanks for the feedback. Ummm, does that mean you’re a vampire for mochas? Or are you a vampire made out of chocolate… uh, nevermind!
Quote:
Nice to see Willow showing Tara that she is concerned with the baby.

She is coming around.

dorksrcool –
Quote:
Oh man, I love this story. It is so freakin' good!

Wow, I rate a ‘freakin’. Cool! Thanks.
Quote:
… I will be anxiously awaiting the next update.

Hope I’m not keeping you in too much suspense, it’s been a long few weeks. But, I’m really glad people are staying tuned to this. Your support is appreciated.

Good Evening Tiggrscorpio! It seems I owe you a great big ‘thank you’ for getting Irene hooked on my little story… which has led to her helping me, so that means that you have indirectly been helping me.... And, I’m gonna confuse myself if I keep going, but thank you for the indirect introduction and for being in the background reading. Jokes aside, a sincere thanks is truly meant for many reasons.
Quote:
I've been very remiss in not leaving you feedback sooner. Congratulations on developing such a unique twist to one of the girls being pregnant. It's a stroke of sheer brilliance to have it happen just as they are really getting to know one another.

Having just said all that, I do appreciate your non-lurking and feedback. You are so very kind and perceptive. ‘Brilliance’? Shucks, I say ‘loony’. This is such a new experience for me.
Quote:
This is probably the first fic I have read that has ever stirred feelings of real irritation at the way both Willow and Tara are behaving. It's definitely a good thing when you can involve a reader that deeply. I think the thing that moves me so much is how very real your portrayal of their reactions are to the situation. Willow is freaked… I applaud you for making her truly dislikable in certain chapters…. Tara is in full protect mode and rightly so.

I love how you give us a glimmer that everything is going to be okay, and then, you just snatch it away. It's agonizing, but it's a good kind of agony. The little notes in between chapters are so enticing that they keep us all glued to this thread.

I’ve stuck to my guns with my story and intentions, but I’m human and I’ve had some misgivings. I know I’ve been pushing my audience and I keep expecting a great bashing of raisins & prunes to rain down upon me. I again have to thank readers like you, even the ones out there in the digital tundra who sneak in for a look. Oh, and I always have to throw props out to my beta, well you know how that is!

spells42 –
Quote:
They're so real, and annoying, and frightened, and wanting to do the right thing.... I just want somebody to come along and mother them to pieces!

It’s so true and kindly put. They are at the strange awkward stage of really growing up, but of also being so young and inexperienced. And current circumstances are making things even more difficult.
Quote:
You're doing a great job on this fic…

I’m trying, thanks.

caz -
Quote:
I can't help feeling that Tara is being unreasonable. She's gonna need help regardless of what she thinks. She also needs to stop being so suspicious of everything Willow says and does.

'Unreasonable' and 'suspicious', I prefer 'protective' or 'guarded'. Well, they’ve both really lost their way in their friendship, I'm trying to portray that 'feeling' and present both sides equally (hopefully). But that doesn't negate your comment at all, because you are right. This would be difficult for any young woman to do alone.

Things can only go up from here… well, don’t quote me on that just yet!

SallyMcFine – Sally, Sally, Bo-Bally. What is it about you that elicits a silly reaction from me? I’ll have to ask Willow and Tara on the Warrior, the Bard, and the Bad Wardrobe Board which I need to catch up on.
Quote:
Hooray for Willow

Yes indeedy! I think you speak for everyone there.
Quote:
What really struck home for me in this update was Tara thinking about how she and Willow used to be so in sync and now they don't know what each other is thinking - sad. But I'm confident they can get back there, sometimes a disagreement can take away that in-sync-ness. (But not N'Sync-ness.)

‘N’Sync-ness’? Ok, I remember why you make me act kind of silly. Still, a very important point you’ve made.
Quote:
You do such a great job balancing between the action and the dialogue and the inner thoughts that both of them are having - I admire that a lot. Woo hoo!

The voices in my head my head thank you sincerely. ‘Woo hoo’… you goofball! (That’s only meant in a ‘shove-ya’-on-the-shoulder’ preferably into your wife kind of way.)

Thianne –
Quote:
… good job! let things be okay between them....

Hang in there, I promise, all good things to those that wait.

Puff –
Quote:
I wanted to apologize for being remiss in my feedback. I also wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying this story. I really love the titles of the chapters and they set the mood for how the story reads. Anyway keep up the excellent work….

No need to apologize to me, but I’m always happy to hear from you. I do think hard on the title chapters and I’m glad you make note of them.

Justin -
Quote:
Its seems that Tara is still a bit wary about whether Willow's going to stick around for the duration, but hopefully that will pass.

That’s part of the story… right, so onward!

BTW – I’ve missed your last updates. Consider me MIA, but back on track.

Grayson – I always look forward to your insightful comments.
Quote:
I sympathize with Tara… I'm understanding her reasons for keeping Willow at arm's length. She worries about Willow's motivations for helping… she worries about a lifetime of co-parenting with someone for whom she has feelings that she believes will never return them. She'd rather not put herself through that torture, and she doesn't want her child to have an inconsistent, reluctant parent.

I’m aware that there are feelings 'out there' that Tara’s pushing Willow away, so I’m glad you’ve brought this up.
Quote:
sexy pregnancy glow

Uh huh.
Quote:
I like that Willow is still saying and doing some goofy things…

For all Willow’s higher brainpower she always struck me as socially... um, awkward. NOW, before I get flagged by angry Kittens, don’t get me wrong, that's part of her charm.
Quote:
My only complaint about this update is that it was too short. I can't wait for the next one.

I’m sorry to keep you waiting. Well, I’ve been… kind of out of it? So, I’m a bit late on what’s coming up next. It’s all there, just needs some sprucing up.

kindagay –
Quote:
I think I've been bad & missed a few updates, sorry about that…

No ‘bad’, all good because you’re here now. I’ve been ‘away’ myself from a few fics, yours included I think?
Quote:
It's very hard to read how tense & awkward things are between our girls…

I know, but I swear on my KB membership (is there one?) that I’m no JW.
Quote:
It's good to see that Willow's handling things a little better now…

Well, Willow can be quite insistent when she’s really ready to be, huh?

Yay AlysonGoddess!
Quote:
YAY UPDATE! Lots of angstyness is good!

Oh, for the Angst-of-Love, I’m glad you’re still enjoying their struggles.
Quote:
oh and i like the sire thing on the note hahaha that was awesome.

A little twisted humor never hurts!

mag – Hello!
Quote:
I love your story, its different from others.
willow is confused about her feelings for the baby, for tara, for her new situation, or for her new feelings for a woman?? can willow be prepared for this situtation being so young? or maybe she needs some time (years in the future)? can tara wait for her friend??

please continue like this, its like seeing them in action.

I don't think it's any different, well, except that I'm torturing readers like Beanie! Seriously, I appreciate that you are tuned in & enjoying my story. I am running the gamut of real emotions.
Quote:
well, we can see what will happen...

I'm glad you are patient, thank you.

WillowRulez –
Quote:
Awwww, good Willow! Taking responsibilty, asking questions, going to the doctor... all goodie! You made me very happy.

She's getting there! I'm glad I made you happy.
Quote:
She forgot babbling

I think it was important that she didn't fumble here (as she normally would), it's really sinking in.
Quote:
Also, I like that Willow doesn’t really know about her feelings for Tara yet and still wants to take care of her and the baby. It shows how much she cares about the baby just being the baby... More more more.

I think this is important for many reasons. 'More, more, more', I can't help but think of that old disco song by Andrea True Connection. Oh-kay, so I've hung out at a few gay-boy bars... (and that’s only meant as a compliment to any gay men out there)

shane –
Quote:
...how long before the smoochies? hehe!! can't wait for the good part. but hey, willing to wait here - just love how you write this story

Hedging bets & taking hints? Well, I can honestly say not as long as “Neverland”! There’s my ‘thumbs up’ for one of the best fics out there.

Emms –
Quote:
Hi sweetie, I'm a little late with the feedback... still luv me?

Definitely still feeling the ‘luv’, feedback or not. Well, I've got my own Emms reading and feedback to get up to speed on too. Besides there are others I’d rather turn my ire towards. Hmmm, tire-nailing evil bigots for instance. Am I gonna have to go all crazy monkey-skull hammering up in your neck of the woods or what?
Quote:
I am looking forward to this particular updated because it looks like (based on the feedback others have left) that Willow is finally going to start standing up for her rights as an equal partner in this child.

Hmmm, do you read the feedback BEFORE the chapters? If so, BUSTED!

My friend DarkWiccan – Short & sweet, huh?
Quote:
LOVING THIS!!!!!!! Yeah, that about sums it up.

No, loving you! How's the computer, 'cause I'm still waiting for “Inimitable Giles” and “Musical”?

ShallowLikeUs –
Quote:
What a great way to start spring break. An update.

That time already? Although you're proabably done by now....
Quote:
the last little section made me giggle a bit, cause Willow was so forceful with her insisting that she was going with Tara, and then she calmed down a little to ask politely…

Yup, that’s Willow… all feisty & worked up, but in good way!
Quote:
I just wanted to yell at Willow to say "Because It's my baby too!" … i think that that statement would tear down some walls that they have built up.

“Walls”, hmm, a good & accurate description.
Quote:
I get why Tara's being the way she is, but still, it bothers me. She doesn't even think about the fact that Willow might not be there…

You’re feelings & insight are valid, magically impregnated or not. But, Tara’s got so much on her mind, her seeming rejection of Willow is more a reflection on herself, not an outright rejection of Willow.
Quote:
and Finally Willow, reality check... you're into Tara... okay, so she doesn't really realize it yet, but she's getting there...

Will’s is “into Tara”. But, I believe whomever you get close to (a friend, or lover, or both – what luck!) there’s always a degree of attraction there. (And, I’m not talking sexually folks.) Well, how far that ‘attraction’ goes depends on the people involved. (Ok, now I’m talking sexually!)

Hope you had a good movie marathon scare!

JustSkipIt - Hey yourself!
Quote:
Well, Willow's finally saying and thinking and feeling the "right" things…. I'm so glad that she wants to help and be involved and go to the visit. Yay Willow!

I have visions of you wiping your brow in relief and saying ‘finally’. I also have some catching up to do with you!

Miss Kitty Fantastico –
Quote:
I'm sorry it took me so long to catch up on this story, it's so great, and I read it whenever I get the chance.

Alright, I’m NOT going to accept anyone else’s apologies for NOT leaving feedback. Again, I’m glad you’re still reading this.
Quote:
I don't blame her for not telling Buffy and Xander about what is going on quite yet. She is having a hard enough time handling it, and they could only complicate the matter.

So very true! With everything still in the ‘gray’ area of not only Willow’s head, but between our girls, it would be too much.

Watson –
Quote:
…I have to resist the urge to either throttle or coddle the two of them.

My attempts at walking the fine line seem to have many people feeling the same way.
Quote:
Which is exactly how real people who find themselves in this type of situation will behave, hell, people with less on their minds will be overanalytical and overthinky too. Kudos to you for making them so real, yet keep me the reader vastly interested.

Amen. The cerebral landscape is a strange place full of personal traps, misgivings, and a bit of the ego/id just to muck things up. I stumble into a few of my own fissures and pits wondering how I got there... or would that be 'here'?
Quote:
This is a very sentimental story, yet you've stayed away from the soppiness. Thanks for that.

I’m glad it has so far been successful, but it doesn’t mean I don’t often question myself. Definitely… “overthinky.”

beanie welcome. Please step into my lair…
Quote:
The note bit which was quite a "bit" ago was ridiculously adorable. Ridiculous. How adorable. It was a great and creative…and it really made me feel as if I were participating in this whole romantic dance FROM HELL… Romantic dance from the evil sadistic writer who sits at the computer of said write… as the writer creates yet ANOTHER chapter where Tara and Willow are not together. Oh wait . . . that writer's you.

Your comments….
Quote:
… despite my selfish little rant… I've been seriously enjoying your story…. I like the concept of how Tara and Willow don't immediately fall in love, have passionate sex, and then live the lives of old lesbians on the Hellmouth… The suspense is painful, yes, but your handling of each characters emotions more than makes up for it. So bravo you crafty minx you.

Oh Beanie, such words of love & hate spoken with such conviction! I love it! Well hold on for more.

Finally, my dear Starcomed - to more "serious and inconsequential chatter".

Kisses,
TuesBlu-

Last edited by Tues on Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:25 pm 
3. Flaming O

[center]This note is purely thanks to Starcomed's genius.[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Sonrisas. Gracias mi Irene querida.[/center]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:51 pm 
5. Willowhand

Loved the note! Willow, I gotta say - I've only got one kid (He's 20 this year) and It costs a bloody fortune!

Better start saving your pennies girl. Ha Ha!

Looking forward to your next update. :applause

Caz

"I'm a bloodsucking fiend! Look at my outfit!" Willow - Doppelgangland

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:01 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

hehe, great note! Willow's definitely thinking!

I know, I know...I still owe you feedback for the update before this one. I'll get to it, I promise...it's just been really busy lately. But I am reading and enjoying each update. :pride

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:07 pm 
23. Volumey Text

That's a great note :)

$198,528.09? That's a spicy meatball :shock

I think Willow's going to have to put her world famous bank robbing skills to use.

What do you mean, that's a different fic? :eyebrow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:52 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

TuesBlu, part of me is wondering if Willow is actually giving these notes to Tara or if she's just writing them as an outlet, but not handing them off to her, know what I mean?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:56 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
That is my favorite note so far!!

Willow is such a planner!! And a good thing too! I hope that Tara doesn't respond negatively to Willow's very clear intention to co-parent. She probably will respond poorly at first... given the way she has been responding to Willow in general of-late. But, the tide shall turn... or this story wouldn't be allowed on Pens. Here we allow only glorious optimism... and this is in no way a bad thing. Sort of takes the edge off unbearable angst.

Hee :-D

Cheers
DW

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:40 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Yay for more notes. I hope Tara finds them cute and endearing rather than stalkerish or bothersome.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:46 pm 
23. Volumey Text

Quote:
And a good thing too! I hope that Tara doesn't respond negatively to Willow's very clear intention to co-parent. She probably will respond poorly at first...

I'm not sure she will. I think a lot of Tara's negative reaction has been because she's been expecting Willow to abandon her. I think Willow's planning in this note will help show that she does intend to stick around to help look after the child.

At least IMNSHO ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:26 am 
10. Troll Hammer

hey tues! sorry i haven't been able to write you feedback, but i have been reading your updates, and like the rest of the kittens, i really love your story...

willow is finally stepping up and trying to be the partner that she needs to be (though i can understand why she freaked out at first)... the circumstance behind the pregnancy might be a mistake, but tara has accepted her role and doing what's necessary for the baby... i'm just glad that willow is finally realizing that the baby is here and no amount of "denial" will make it go away...

tara might be reluctant at first with willow but only because she's trying to protect her heart (and that's very understandable)... but, slowly, she is also realizing that willow is not going to go anywhere and that she is taking steps to tell her she is going to be there for her and the baby not just for the pregnancy but the whole nine yards.

can't wait for more!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:40 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

TuesBlu

Quote:
MochaVamp –Good day MV & thanks for the feedback. Ummm, does that mean you’re a vampire for mochas? Or are you a vampire made out of chocolate… uh, nevermind!

I received the nickname because of my love of the coffee and chocolate. However, you provided a fun image of vampire candy (just like the Easter Bunny chocolates).

BTW, I really like the use of notes in the story. It is a nice way to show communication attempts. Willow puts the notes out there yet has to wait to find out the results. Kind of like the Pen's readers waiting for updates from their favorite authors!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:01 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Tuesblu,

I'm really enjoying this story. I have a fondness for pregnant Tara stories, I don't know why... Keep up the awesome work and update soon PLEASE! :pray

Amberslover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:19 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Seriously, the number of times I check this thread a day should qualify me to join a 12-step program.

I am insanely hooked on this story... more, more, more, more!

Cheers
DW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:58 am 
3. Flaming O

[center]Hey All - First off apologies for being so lame. What, with the dragging of the heels on this chapter and not reading or leaving feedback for anyone else. So many great stories out there too. The tax man has had an evil hold on my throat. EVIL I tell you![/center]

A few responses... then the chapter!

-------------------------------------------------------------

caz -
Quote:
Better start saving your pennies girl.

Willow's listening!

Ms. Emms-
Quote:
I know, I know...I still owe you feedback for the update before this one. I'll get to it, I promise...it's just been really busy lately. But I am reading and enjoying each update.

I couldn't resist! I should talk though, lame-lameo over here.

justin!
Quote:
$198,528.09? That's a spicy meatball. I think Willow's going to have to put her world famous bank robbing skills to use.

Super spicy! Robbing a bank...there's an idea!

I did miss your last updates to "ToD, ToL", ergo me "missing in action"... gee, now I feel like I've been smoking crack.

Mi Dulce -

Thank you for all the sweet words.... Besos.

My Pal SallyMcFine -

I'd like to say a very cartoony thing to you...but it'll have to wait! I swear it's only a good cartoony thing too!

DW...DW...DW...
Quote:
That is my favorite note so far!!

Me too! Thank starcomed for all the help on that one.

Quote:
Seriously, the number of times I check this thread a day should qualify me to join a 12-step program.

So... you're the one bumping the counter? And here I thought people were reading my fic?

Well, sorry about the late-ness/lame-ness.

JustSkipIt-
Quote:
Yay for more notes.

Yay for the chapter finally being done! Sheesh on me.

tarebear -

No worries regarding f/b & thanks for the 'love of the story'. What else can I say, your comments - right on the mark...but you know how stories can go.

MochaVamp -
Quote:
I received the nickname because of my love of the coffee and chocolate.

I love the name...and have, in fact, recently developed a mocha - chip cookie with a certain beta in mind. Minus the chocolate for her, but it's a cookie mixture with a couple of shots of espresso, toasted nuts in the dough, and dark chocolate chips. Ok, I'm waaaayyy off topic.

Quote:
It is a nice way to show communication attempts. Willow puts the notes out there yet has to wait to find out the results. Kind of like the Pen's readers waiting for updates

Good analogy & hint taken!

Amberslover -

Welcome!
Quote:
I have a fondness for pregnant Tara stories, I don't know why... Keep up the awesome work and update soon PLEASE!

Well, Tara-fondness is shared by many here, pregnant or not! I already apologized for the dragging heels right? Ok.

Chapter Eight coming up next.... the code's being kind of funky tho'?!

Last edited by Tues on Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:13 am 
3. Flaming O

[center]Image[/center]

[center]See Chapter One for disclaimers.

For the lovely and sweet Irene. Mi Dulce, gracias... por todo. Usted es en mi corazón.
[/center]

Chapter Eight – Pressures and Tensions

Willow had scoured the Internet, scanned through leaflets, and read books. Research had always been her specialty and she wanted to be prepared. She had a notebook in front of her, annotated with post-its and notes; color-coordinated and neatly outlined. For the past week she had been in hyper drive. She had a lot to catch up on, especially for today.

Her mind was reeling, trying to absorb all the information in front of her. Things to avoid, huh?

“Great you’re here.” Buffy walked in.

“Buffy! Hi, ah, Buffy.” Willow hastily turned off her laptop and closed up her notebook. She neatly stacked pregnancy books underneath it, making sure to hide the spines away.

“Whatcha doing? Research for Giles?” Buffy motioned her head at Willow, noticing the stack of books and notes.

“Ah, no, just my own project.” She didn’t want to lie. But it’s not just my news to announce. Plus all the information indicates that it’s best to announce a pregnancy after the first trimester…ok, which is technically over. But, still, without the doctor’s A-ok… well, and Tara’s consent and all. This was what she told herself; the truth was she just wasn’t comfortable with the idea of telling anyone.

“Ok.” Buffy eyed up her best friend. She took a seat on her bed watching Willow pack up her book bag. She’s getting ready to flee again. “Can we, you know, talk? Have a little best friend time?”

“Ahh, well I gotta go, I have….” Willow spoke distractedly as she slid the books and notebook into her bag.

“Homework. Right?” Buffy spoke up, cocking her head to the side.

Willow’s head shot up. Oh no, suspicious Buffy. I need a new excuse. “Well… yeah.”

“C’mon Will, what’s going on? You’ve been study-girl more and more.” Buffy paused carefully. “Even more than well, when, Oz left.”

“I’m fine Buffy, really.” Willow slung her bag over her shoulder.

“You and Tara aren’t still fighting, are you? I thought grovel-duty was long over.” Buffy knew it was the last thing that had really upset Willow. And, her best friend never really explained what was going on.

“Me and Tara?” Willow shook her head vigorously. No, not fighting. Pregnant - yes, fighting - no. “Actually, I’m going to see her right now!”

Buffy narrowed her eyes slightly. She momentarily thought of stopping Willow, using force if necessary, but she relented. “Oh, ok. I guess we’ll catch up later?” So no Tara fighting, that’s good. At least she’s talking to someone. Tara. Tara’s nice. But what’s going on? Have Xander and I been really bad friends so that Will doesn’t talk to us anymore? I need to talk to Xander, definitely time for Scooby intervention.

“Yeah, sure. Ok.” Willow was out the door before Buffy could delay her any further.

Well, it wasn’t really a lie. I am going to see Tara.

Willow still had doubts, major ones, but she was determined to do the right thing. As the week progressed, she felt the need to prove herself to Tara, making sure to watch her step, and her mouth. They had made progress. At the very least, they were now on a semi-regular schedule of seeing each other every couple of days or so, with small communications in between.

She knew Tara was still wary of her, but Willow couldn’t blame her for that. Not after her initial reaction, and her severe foot-in-mouth disease that she seemed especially prone to since the ‘accident’. Willow didn’t know what else to call it, but she knew better than to call it that in front of Tara. And it was an accident; a huge Willow-sized mistake that she now wanted to help with…not just help with, but also be a part of.

She trudged her way over towards Tara’s.

Despite the weeklong research she was still really anxious about today. Willow took a deep breath, leaned up against a tree and waited.

---

Tara was nervous about going to the clinic today. It wasn’t the exam that worried her; it was Willow.

All week the redhead had been on her best behavior, trying hard, sometimes too hard. Whether it was helping her carry something or simply checking in with her. Even catering to her every snack craving with great precision. Tara smiled at the thought of Willow presenting her with a slice of watermelon topped with a scoop of room-temperature vanilla ice cream. Exactly what I requested... just what I wanted. It was all very sweet and thoughtful, but Tara was still holding back. She reasoned that it was better to be cautious; she didn’t want to overburden Willow and send her running in the opposite direction again. They were, after all, just re-establishing the friendship foundations, so to speak.

Today was a big step for both of them, a trial of sorts for her and Willow, together.

It was time to meet Willow waiting for her outside. Tara took a quick peek in the mirror; she felt rather drab in her baggy sweat pants and UCS jersey. Picking up her binder of pregnancy information, she set off. She tried not to think about the necessary 3 glasses of water she drank, about 1⁄2 an hour ago, for the sonogram.

As she descended the stairs, she began thinking about things she would soon need for the baby. She quickly found herself on the bottom floor heading out the front door. It was another nice mild spring day, and despite her worries, she suddenly felt slightly euphoric. She was, or they were, going to see the first images of the baby. Hormones. Tara chuckled at herself, and she couldn’t help smiling at Willow, who was walking towards her.

Willow noticed how happy Tara seemed as she approached. It was infectious and she found herself grinning too. She looks great. “Hey.”

“Hi Willow.” Despite her high spirits, Tara had butterflies in her stomach and an increasing pressure on her bladder. Should I ask her about the form? Maybe it’s best just to get to the clinic first, see if she makes that far. Goddess, will I make it that far? I hope I don’t explode on the exam table.

“Should we, you know, go?” Willow motioned with her head towards the front of campus.

Tara could only nod, the giddy nervousness wasn’t helping her need to pee.

“Do you, maybe, want to put your stuff in my bag?” Willow pointed shyly at the binder Tara was holding up against her chest.

Tara shook her head.

------------------------------------------------------------

Buffy sat in the Espresso Pump waiting. She waved at one of her best friends at the counter.

“Hey Buff, sorry I’m late. Held up dispensing frozen sugar treats to the general Sunnydale populace.” Xander took a seat with a coffee in hand. “Man, I need a new job!”

“Hey Xander.” Buffy hadn’t been waiting too long. She was just sitting there thinking about her very short run-in with Willow.

“So, any luck with our oh-so woeful Willow?” Xander took a swig of his coffee. They had discussed Buffy trying an alone intervention.

Buffy silently shook her head. Only if you consider ‘luck’ to be Willow in flee-mode. Again.

Xander nodded, pulling something out of his back pocket. He put the small green piece of paper on the table.

Buffy stared at the crumpled thing, flecked with fuzzy tissue down.

“I hate to say it, but in the best friends kind of way, we suck.” Xander sat back.

“I was just thinking that.” Buffy tilted her head curiously. “How did you…?”

“Found it in my back pocket.” Xander shrugged his shoulders, and then looked at Buffy oddly. “But didn’t you say something about Willow fighting with Tara?”

“Yea, they did, but it’s all good now.” Buffy paused. “That’s where Will was headed. I mean, it’s good that Willow’s got someone to talk to. Plus with all the witchy-goodness, I’m sure they have a lot in common. But….”

Xander nodded again. “Again, with the sucking!” He pointed a finger at himself and then Buffy.

Slightly alarmed, Buffy looked at him.

He shook his head adamantly. “You know what I mean.”

“Tara’s a better friend than us.” Buffy pouted.

“Yeah, that’s why they’re such good pals.” He pointed at the note, tapping it four times for emphasis. “We kind of just… let Wills get down about Oz, while we went off with our lives, huh?” Xander shook his head. “No wonder she stopped turning to us. When did that happen?”

“After Willow’s drunken night and that whole 'be-done' spell thingy,” Buffy stated plainly, then she spoke softly. “I think, I may have held that against her, in an unconscious “c’mon get over Oz already” kind of way.” She hated the idea of it, but it was true.

“D'Hoffryn,” Xander scowled, remembering the demon’s part in all that. It wasn’t a name he’d forget, being so closely linked to Anya. “I think you’re right though. Ok, so I have a demon-girl habit, but I didn’t need to be made into a demon magnet.” He had been resentful at Willow, for putting him and Anya at risk, because of her own breakup blues. Both he and Buffy had to get over their first loves, and they did. “Boy, at least I wasn’t engaged to Spike!”

Buffy shot him a piercing look. “Thanks… visuals, been trying to get over them.”

“We need to bring the Scooby gang back together. We’ve both tried asking her out with each of us.” Xander looked at Buffy.

“Yeah, but we always invited her when we were with our honeys.” Buffy rolled her eyes. “Remember the night we both showed up at the Bronze for core-Scooby night with dates, but Willow was alone?”

“Correction, you showed up with the troops; I had a date, singular.” Xander sat on the edge of his seat. “So how about just the Three Musketeers?”

Buffy narrowed her eyes. “We could ambush and kidnap her for a night of fun.” She grinned. “I think I’ve got a plan….”

Xander brightened up.

The walk to the clinic had been quiet; the closer they got to their final destination, the more nervous each of them became. Willow looked up at the façade of the clinic and gulped as Tara gave her a sideways glance.

Play it cool Rosenberg. She smiled at Tara.

So, here we go. Tara stepped up on the auto-sensor mat so that the doors glided open; her eyes fluttered over to the general direction of the bathrooms.

Willow followed slightly behind.

“Hello Tara.” Lee eyed up Willow coolly. “Right on time. I’ll be performing the procedure and Dr. Pfeiffer will see you briefly after the sonogram. Just give me two seconds, ok?”

“Ok.” Tara stood in the familiar waiting area with Willow right next to her.

Well, cheery… with all the pale yellow, soft blues and pinks. Pastel-soothing. Willow craned her head around, spotting pregnancy brochures, safe sex pamphlets, and other women’s health related reading material.

Tara glanced at Willow. So we made it this far; now the paternal health history form. For the past week, since handing the form over, she wanted to ask about it. But she resisted, not wanting to spook Willow. Willow didn’t bring it up, so she didn’t either. Well we’re here and Willow’s been great... lately.

Tara was considering how to ask Willow about the form when Lee walked up.

“Tara?” Lee had a clipboard in her hands. “Do you have the….” She smiled, glancing at Willow briefly, then focusing on Tara. “… form we talked about on your last visit?”

“I… ah….” Tara peered at Willow nervously.

Willow frowned a bit at the woman standing before them. She didn’t like that this person was putting Tara on the spot, so she spoke right up. “Oh, here Tara, I was holding it for you.” Willow reached into her bag and pulled out a sheet of paper.

Lee nodded at Willow and took the form, scanning it briefly.

Tara only caught a passing glance at the paper; she didn’t see what was written on it. She was just happy that Willow had filled it out. “Thanks.”

Willow smiled at Tara. But, she shifted around uncomfortably as the nurse read over the form. Her health form.

“Looks like this is all in order.” Lee didn’t look up at either girl as she attached the form to the clipboard. “Follow me, exam room 3... and your friend can join you.” The nurse nodded her head down the hall and led the way.

“Oh, well….” Tara moved, hesitantly. It was a big enough deal that Willow had accompanied her to the clinic. Was it too much to also ask her to be in the actual exam room for the sonogram?

Willow set herself into resolve-mode. If there was something to prove to Tara, and herself, it was now. She had been wondering how she was going to talk her way into being present, as in right there in the room, for the sonogram. After all her research, she felt as prepared as she could be. With a resolute nod, she took a step towards the exam rooms.

---

Lee quietly escorted them into the room. “Tara, go ahead and lie down.”

Tara lay down on the tissue-covered exam table, the thin paper crinkling under her.

With a reassuring smile Lee draped a blanket over Tara’s legs and abdomen. Then she went about readying the equipment, feeling two sets of eyes following her every move.

Tara took a small breath, holding the bottom of her jersey. She couldn’t help feeling self-conscious as the nurse lowered her pants slightly to expose her lower belly. Willow’s here and I’m just lying here exposed. I mean that’s why I’m here, but…. It put her in a vulnerable position to be laid out like that.

Meanwhile, Willow examined the sonogram machine so she wasn’t staring at Tara, who had hitched up her shirt partially over her stomach. That’s a sophisticated machine, keyboard, touch-screen monitor, trackball, camera, printer, transducer… oh gel-warmer! That’s nice, so it won’t be cold on Tara’s tummy. She peeked at Tara’s belly. Tara’s forming tummy.

Tara saw the corners of Willow’s mouth curl into a small grin. Hmm? She’s happy about this? Then she saw Willow furrow her brow. Willow confused her on many levels. Now she’s not happy?

Lee smiled at Tara as she rubbed some warmed gel on her gloved hands. “Okay, so I’m just going to rub some of this on your stomach and we can proceed.” The nurse salved the gooey substance on Tara’s belly.

Willow began to feel the frown on her face harden, as the nurse put her hands over Tara’s stomach. Right, so that’s procedural and all… what’s going on with me? She shook her head slightly, trying to knock the look she knew she had, off her face.

Lee wiped off her hands and picked up the transducer wand. She began pushing it into Tara’s belly, looking for just the right angle.

Both girls lost track of themselves as grainy images appeared on the screen. At first it didn’t look like anything at all, just a circular gray blob. Despite the vague imagery on screen, both girls were absorbed as Lee continued on, briefly lingering here and there, pressing the transducer into various parts of Tara’s belly.

Tara tried to ignore the now pronounced pressure on her abdomen as Lee continued pressing the transducer into her stomach.

It made Willow even crankier when she noticed a little perspiration on Tara’s brow. She wanted to grab the scanner from the nurse. C’mon I’ve done scans before. Maybe not on a human, flat book-ish things, but it’s basically the same principle. I bet I could find the baby; it’s a finite space, how come she can’t find the baby?

Finally the nurse slowed down, concentrating on one section.

Tara craned her head slightly towards the monitor as an image came on screen. It was unmistakable, the baby’s head. She instantly brightened, completely forgetting the full feeling in her bladder.

Willow’s eyes grew large as a clearer image came into view. She peeked at Tara, who was now riveted on the monitor. She’s… radiant? Willow grinned, and took a step closer to Tara.

Tara glanced briefly at Willow and flushed. She felt slightly embarrassed, belly up and exposed, but noticed the smile on Willow’s face that seemed to be growing broader by the minute.

“So there’s your baby’s head.” Lee showed them the head from a few angles, freezing the frame each time. She used the trackball to draw a line across the skull, as the machine figured out the relevant size. A running tally of the measured sizes was on the edge of the screen. She focused in on the upper body before moving around again to focus on the lower body. She did more measurements: the body diameter, amniotic fluid diameter, and a few others. She clicked a couple more buttons, and measured the heartbeat.

Willow watched patiently as her mind went over details. Half an ounce and 2.5 inches long; that's average for a baby at about 12 weeks. Bone formations, fingernail growth, hair development, and fingers and toes fully separated. She watched the monitor, thinking she saw a hand or a foot in the ghostly images. Her brain was fully engaged, but it was the strange muscular device in her chest that began registering information her brain couldn’t process. She felt her heart seize slightly, then speed up, and she took another step to stand right at Tara’s side. Her hands touched the edge of the exam table. As she peered at Tara’s profile, still zeroed in on the baby her fingers twitched and flexed outward just grazing Tara’s hand. Willow’s gaze traveled downward to the accidental touch and she realized how badly she wanted to take Tara’s hand in her own.

Tara didn’t notice Willow had stepped closer to her until their hands met briefly. Tara took another peek at Willow who was fixated on the monitor. She’s calm and seems… happy? She didn’t quite know what to think of the smile on the other girl’s face.

Lee took a few more photos then put the transducer down. She pulled a few tissues to wipe the goo off of Tara’s stomach. “Alright, let me just have the doctor take a quick look at these and she’ll be back in to check on you.”

Tara let out at breath as pulled up her pants and tugged down her jersey. The pressure on her bladder came back two-fold. “Can I use the bathroom now?”

Lee nodded and reached down to help Tara sit up.

“Great!” Thank the goddess.

Willow took a small step back then scowled at herself, and the nurse. She stepped forward again and helped Tara as well.

Tara couldn’t think of anything else except for getting to the bathroom before she lost all control.

Willow was waiting in the exam room, when the doctor and Lee walked in.

“Hello.” The doctor looked at Willow.

“Hi, um Tara had to go….” Willow nervously eyed up the sonogram images the nurse handed to the doctor.

“Yes, I’m sure she did,” the doctor replied knowingly. “I am Tara’s doctor, Doctor Pfeiffer.” The doctor held out her hand.

“Willow.” Willow shook the doctor’s hand. “Um, Tara’s, ah, um… friend, I’m helping with the baby.”

“Birth partner,” Lee offered, as she pushed the sonogram monitor out of the way and cleaned up. She and the doctor spoke briefly before she left the room.

Birth partner. Willow nodded beaming. “Yeah.”

Tara walked back in to see the doctor addressing Willow. Hmmm? I wonder what they’re talking about.

“Tara, how are you feeling?” The doctor turned to focus on her patient.

“Pretty good, now.”

The doctor nodded pausing momentarily before continuing. “Everything checks out just fine. Although, I am still a bit concerned about your stress levels. We need to watch that to avoid any hypertension complications, ok?” She spoke softly while examining the sonogram images and figures.

Tara wasn’t quite sure how to respond. Yes, she had been under a lot of stress. And much of it centered around her condition and the very person with her at the moment; the ‘father’.

Hypertension = very bad for mother and baby. Right, I read that. Willow drew her mouth into a small tight knot. And that’s at least partially my fault.

“Well, we talked about some relaxation techniques, your diet, sleep, and exercise. All of which should help. And, let’s see….” The doctor looked at the clipboard in her hand, “…luckily, hypertension doesn’t run in the family.”

Tara peeked at Willow, who seemed distressed.

The doctor wrote a few things down in Tara’s file. “So, it looks like the baby will be due in late October. We should be able to come up with a more precise date now that we have all these figures handy.”

B-A-B-Y D-U-E O-C-T-O-B-E-R!! “Um. That’s six months from now?” Duh, of course, but? Willow nervously swallowed; her stomach clenched, then dropped.

“Yes.” Tara could see something was wrong. She’s looking kind of pale?

The doctor stopped writing to look at Willow, then Tara.

“It’s too soon… I….” Willow stood up, abruptly grabbing her mouth.

At that precise moment, there was small knock on the door, and Lee peeked in.

“W-Willow?” Tara called out in concern.

Lee instantly noticed the redhead’s state; she and Dr. Pfeiffer shared a brief look as she walked in. The nurse took Willow by the arm, leading her slightly away, and whispered, “round the corner to the left, unless you’d rather…?” She looked down at the corner trashcan that she had just walked Willow to.

No! Willow bolted out the door. Something yellow, acidic, and just plain icky wanted out of her stomach, its chosen path, up her esophagus and out her mouth. This was no phantom feeling; it was the real thing.

Tara was surprised by the outburst. She got up and quickly walked over to the door, sticking her head out into the hallway, just in time to see a wisp of red hair disappear into the bathroom.

The doctor laughed slightly, but quickly regained composure. “Lee, could you…?” The doctor motioned towards the open door.

“Yes Doctor, and your next appointment is ready, room 1.”

“Tara, I’ll see you next month. Don’t worry about your partner; it’s normal. Just a little ‘compassionate pregnancy malady’.” Dr. Pfeiffer smiled, handing Lee the patient file, then left.

Partner? Tara turned back around in surprise.

Lee put the clipboard on the counter and took a paper cup from a nearby dispenser. “Tara, she’ll be fine. Just try to relax; the stress isn’t good for either of you.” The nurse motioned at Tara’s belly. “Wait here, and I’ll make sure she comes back, ok?”

Tara wanted to check on Willow herself, but did as she was told. Looking around the room, the clipboard nearby got her attention. She looked at the closed door, then reached over and picked up her file. She thought she was imagining what was written on the top of the form. Tara traced the paper with her index finger, a grin forming on her face.

Ten minutes later, Lee returned with Willow in tow. “Here, sit down. Drink this.” She motioned to a chair and handed the redhead a cup of cold water. “So, why don’t you both have a breather? Just come out, when you’re ready.” Lee picked up the patient file and left the room, closing the door quietly.

Willow let go a long sigh. She finished her water and was glad to finally be alone with Tara. “Sorry. Things have been stressful. And I’m being lame now, because you’re the one that’s pregnant.” She was mortified. She had wanted to prove to Tara that she could handle it all and she lost it; totally freaked.

Tara looked at Willow empathetically; it was reasonable to assume that Willow would be confused and overwhelmed. Of course this would affect her. But, could she really be experiencing….? “Willow, what exactly have you been feeling, physically?”

“Huh?” Willow looked at her questioningly. “Um, bad headaches, pains all over, hungry, then not, stomach aches, can’t sleep. Like I’m getting ready for a huge test I haven’t studied for.”

“Maybe you’re having sympathy symptoms?” Tara examined Willow thoughtfully.

“Couvade Syndrome?” That’s pathetic! Come on Rosenberg, you’re not the one that’s with child! Are you? Willow instantly grabbed her flat stomach. Wait, I had my period! Whew, 'cause two babies? “No, it can’t be. That only happens when two people are, um… really close?” But magick baby… the spell…? Oh boy.

Tara couldn’t help being slightly amused at the sensitive girl before her. Maybe they weren’t as close as they were before, but they were obviously connected in some way now. She peered at Willow, and couldn’t help grinning. She knows about Couvade Syndrome? She’s been researching about pregnancies. Tara reached out, placing a firm hand on Willow’s forearm. “It’s ok Willow.”

Willow shook her head emphatically. “No, it’s not. I’m not… but you are… and that’s just lame.” She hated feeling like a failure, and worse yet, Tara was comforting her. She was afraid her little pukey display would make Tara doubt her again. “I’m fine. But Tara… I need you to know that I REALLY want to be here for you and the baby.” With a deep breath, she bravely took Tara’s hand in her own, and peered up hopefully.

Tara’s smile broadened. She looked at the freckled hand tentatively holding hers, then back up at Willow. Willow was here with her now and that alone would have been more than enough. But it was the health form that had cemented Willow’s intentions for Tara, in plain bold writing. Father: Rosenberg, Will.

Tara made a quick decision, shifting her hand and deliberately interlacing her fingers with Willow’s, she said, “I know.”

Willow felt Tara’s fingers wrap around hers, and that central part in her chest compressed again. She was spellbound by the crooked grin on Tara’s face. “Good ‘cause, you know, um, babies take time to grow up… so I might need to be around for awhile.”

Finally... thank you starcomed for the beta & putting up with my general wackiness. You're, well...a star.

Yea, I've edited it a billion times because the code's being snarky and not cooperating with me.

Last edited by Tues on Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:59 pm, edited 21 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:35 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

yay!
this is my first post ever! (i'm prone to lurking!) but as i've been up ALL NIGHT doing an essay on Buffy :sleep ...i've been checking for an update every hour or so...
I don't generally buy into fic's about W/T being pregnant but i gotta say i reckon you've changed my mind...it's just so...AAAWWWRRR!!! :party

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:24 am 
3. Flaming O

yay!!! :pinky :pinky :pinky

loved the update! :D it's good that things are getting better between tara and willow and taht tara sees that willow is really really sincere about being part of the pregnancy stage.

can't wait for the next update... btw, good work tuesblu! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:29 am 
3. Flaming O

yay!!! :pinky :pinky :pinky

loved the update! :D it's good that things are getting better between tara and willow and taht tara sees that willow is really really sincere about being part of the pregnancy stage.

can't wait for the next update... btw, good work tuesblu! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:16 am 
5. Willowhand

All I can say is awwwwww.....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:53 am 
3. Flaming O

I second those awwwws and raise you a "finally!! some happy interaction!" hehehhee cant wait to read more awww-inspiring stuff :p

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:11 am 
3. Flaming O

At first I was concerned that Willow was still doing all the right things out of a sense of responsibility and that Tara saw through that and was going to continue to keep her at arms' length. They were both being so careful about everything they said and did around each other, with an eye toward how it would affect their tenuous relationship. But at the clinic visit they were finally able shut off their brains and have some genuine interactions with no agenda. Hopefully this is the start of a return to their former state of closeness. Which will lead to a different kind of closeness, once Willow starts to figure out why her heart keeps doing what it's doing when she's around Tara.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:33 pm 
5. Willowhand

Thank God - it's about time!

Willow has finally accepted the baby, but more importantly, Tara believes her. A stroke of genius by Willow, putting her own (shortened) name down as the father. Hopefully, the fact that Willow is having sympathy symptoms will bring the two of them closer still.

Something needs to be done about Buffy and Xander, just in case they put 2+2 together and make a big fat 5.

Looking forward to your next update.

Caz

"I'm a bloodsucking fiend! Look at my outfit!" Willow - Doppelgangland

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:54 pm 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

What a great update. It is so lovely to see them finally getting closer together. I loved how Willow edged closer to Tara during the sonogram...*happy sigh*. I am proud of both of them because it takes a lot to follow through with things, but it also takes a lot to let go of some of your hurt and trust again. However sometimes I wish that they could just skip it and be kissing each other LOL I love the way they are (hopefully) working towards that point though.

I worry that Buffy and Xander are going to have some kind of good idea which will hinders Willows' relationship with Tara ex. kidnapping her for a night out when she promised she would be with Tara for something.

Great work. I as always eagerly await the next part :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:56 pm 
23. Volumey Text

I really enjoyed that update.

It seems that Tara's realising that Willow's sincere, even with the slight panic attack.

Willow also seems to be figuring some things out. What with her feeling jealous over the doctor getting to touch Tara, Hey she's a genius, I'm sure it won't take long for her to put two an two together :-D

The only cloud on the horizon is Buffy and Xander. They're planning something, but what? Anyway it might be a good idea for Willow to find out if she can tell them, if only to stop them worrying. Well it might not stop them from worrying, but at least they'll have something concrete to worry about.

Looking forward to more.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:15 pm 
8. Vixen

Yes Buffy, you ARE a bad friend hehe.
Supercute update... well, the puking wasnt that cute but what resulted from that was ;) Nice idea that Willow shares the symptons!
Cant wait for more, totally in love with this story!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:58 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

I am trying to formulate an at least semi-coherent reply as I am just waking up from a Daylight Saving fatigue nap... stupid DST... it's killer on those of us who have to be at work at 4am.

Anyway... your update.. which is far more important than my sleepiness.

WOOOOOO-HOOOOOO! :banana :banana :banana :banana

Awesome, awesome, beautifully written, wonderfully emotional update!!

Stupid Buffy.. I totally thought she was going to keep Willow from making the appointment!! Thank GODDESS she didn't. Talk about being a bad friend. I would have some how managed to phase my self into the reality of your story and given Buffy SUCH A PINCH if she had hindered your Willow from meeting up with Tara.

And yes.. Buffy, Xander... you DO suck as friends. And NOW, you are going to suck even more by kidnapping Willow in a future update for a "friends reunion" when I bet, I bet, I bet she is supposed to be meeting Tara for their "first date-type thing". I bet. So... prove me wrong, will you, Tues, darling? ;))

The appointment. HU--freaking--ZZAH! Finally, yes, yes, yes.. Tara and Willow on the same wave-length!! Willow starting to recognize those deeply-seated warm fuzzy feelings she has for Tara. Tara recognizing that this situation is just as stressful on Willow and actually --GASP-- cutting her a break.

They are inching ever so much closer... ever so slowly.

And I LOVE. EVERY. MINUTE!!!!!

:bigkiss

Wunderbar, darling!! Keep it up!!!!!!

Cheers
DW

ETA: About the note in Xander's back pocket. Was this the 1+1=? and W+T = _ _ _ _ note?? Or was there another green note I missed? Hm... gonna have to go back and re-check all of the threads.

Last edited by DarkWiccan on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next