The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Creation Myth
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:08 pm 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

Topics: 1
Haha cute! night creature eh? I'll bet... and wheeen is Miss gonna have a baby of her own?? :bounce {subtle, uh? :p}

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:15 pm 
3. Flaming O

yay! update! woohoo. :pinky

ms.kitty's really cute, she reminded me of those old, servants(Butlers&Maids who had to study to become one) who lived and breathed to served the Masters of the house.

if your uploading a snippet, im guessing an update wont be far too long.

:D thanks for this, thought youd leave us high and dry with your story.

i have a bad habit of bumping up old stories...
shameless self-promotion

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:07 pm 
3. Flaming O

That was just the ultimate cuteness!!!
I'm a HUGE cat lover so that snippet was just right up my street.

I also hope that there's an update coming soon.
I hope that....somehow.....Willow and Tara bump into each other.
I'm a big hopeless romantic and can't wait for Willow to figure things out
so that we can move on to the gay lovin'.
;-)
As always.....I can't wait for the next update.

Take care,
Shy One
:sigh

MaxMalls - The Web's biggest and best stores

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:52 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Very sweet :kitty

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:37 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Woo and hoo!!! An update!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I'm hoping this means another is coming soonish?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:58 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 3
Awww!!! MIss Kitty Witty!!! I LOVE HER! That's just the perfect portrayal of a cat: personality, mannerisms, and all! Great job! Looking forward to an update (I hope I hope I hope...!!!!)!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:22 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

That was a cute update ... Go Miss Kitty!! :D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:25 am 
4. Extra Flamey

aw they cute little kitty story was cute i can't wait for more

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:56 pm 
3. Flaming O

1) Shame, shame, SHAME on me! I could swear I posted feedback to the previous update...and now that I look more closely...I see that I did not! Great Googly Moogly! And this was my favorite chapter of the last few too! (They all rock my socks, don't get me wrong!)...but yeah...super sweet job on the last chapter Tues!

2) The Miss Kitty chapter was an adorable little gem...::happy sigh::..

Thank you for continuing this Tues -- looking forward to the next installment(s!)...! :sigh

-annie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:45 am 
12. Recently Gay

Hey tues. I can't beleive it's taken me this long to reply! I love the cute kitty updates! I want a cat! I'm loving this fic tues, it's very close to being my favourite one!! Please update soon, i can't wait to see what happens! Xx Rachel Xx

Wishing Peace, light and love to everyone.
Tara: 'Can we just skip it? Can, can you just be kissing me now?'
Tara: 'I am you know' Willow: 'What?' Tara 'yours'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:08 am 
3. Flaming O

[center]Image[/center]

[center]next chapter 24:00 +/- 12:00, give or take…
[/center]

Last edited by Tues on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:44 am 
2. Floating Rose

Dibs! Yeah, my first dibs!

I'm so psyched for a new chapter, yay!

Also, love, love, love the notes and crumpled pieces of paper! Genius!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:26 pm 
3. Flaming O

[center]A big thank you for everyone who has patiently kept up with Creation Myth.[/center]

-----------------

[center]Chapter 13 & Snippet 1 feedback, an update will follow in a few hours (hopefully).[/center]

Zampsa1975 – Yes an update and I had a really good time writing my ‘Anya & Spike to the Rescue’ chapter.

Quote:
Yay for great update-y goodness... I really really hope that Willow soon finds Tara and tell's her that she chose her and not Oz...
You’ll just have to stay tuned to see if Willow finds Tara!

-----------------

Paint the Sky - Anya’s definitely a powerhouse in that chapter, all that experience behind her just propels her forward!

Quote:
probably the best line ever in fanfic for Anya dialogue
That’s very kind of you, she always had some of the best lines in the series and I thought she deserved a bit of showcasing here too. I do want to build up her character so that she is more than just a Scoobie-wanna-be. I have a soft spot for her too & thanks for the thumbs up on my characterization of her, I was hoping to do her justice.

Quote:
I'm also loving your portrayal of Spike, who seems rather perceptive what with spotting Tara's dilemma and sensing the danger back at the tenement.
Well, I figure Spike is a demon (or technically a demon/human), much like Oz and they both have animalistic tendencies (or they do in my mind), thus he is perceptive. Plus, like Anya with all those thousands of years of experience he has got to have picked up on a few things.

Quote:
…just what is waiting in the shadows for Tara.
Hmmm, you and the kittens and Spike will just have to find out!

-----------------

Mestiza - Hope you didn’t trip to hard stumbling in! Welcome.

Quote:
it's an adorable little tidbit into 'how tara acquired miss kitty'
I wanted to incorporate Miss Kitty and she fit in nicely right here.

Quote:
finally, a pallet cleanser to the horrible writing of this season finale of the l word (ilene chaiken should take some pointers from you and stop smoking crack).
I’ll definitely take that as a compliment!

Creation Myth has been so heavy, though I have tried to lighten it up with some well-placed humor, much in the way that the series did. BUT, with such a difficult (and some kittens may say cruel) and angst filled last few chapters, esp. with Tara leaving, I felt it necessary to really brighten everything up with Anya and Spike exploits. That said, it also establishes them as real characters in my story, instead of regulating them to fringe.

Quote:
Spike….very few see him as the man he was before the 'monster' took over….
Very true and it’s something that’s always fascinated me. How much of the man is left in the beast? Yes, the idea of Spike standing watch, but battling with himself as he did so, is quite poignant.

Quote:
the flashback with tara and her mom was very touching and moving.
I wanted to give the readers a glimpse of Tara’s past and some of what motivates her.

Thank you for all your warm words.

-----------------

jay/wt4evr

Quote:
...your amazing fic you left me on a daze....
I think I’ve given you enough time to recover from the daze-effect…well, it’s a good excuse for me running late on my update! I am ever so thankful for the “wow’s” too.

-----------------

db – Anya definitely deserves something for her heroics, and Spike too. I agree, it’s never a bad thing to have a vampire on YOUR side.

And, I know exactly what you mean!

Yep, Miss Kitty she’s definitely staking out her territory and watching out for Tara.

-----------------

WillowRulez –

Quote:
Thank God this story is back. I missed it sooo much.
I hope that sentiment still applies even if I am moving slow on the updates.

I do want to make my CM-Spike more tolerable, dare I say even 'likable', than the series Spike.

Quote:
Also loved the bit about the Powder Pixie Demons, totally ingenious.
Be careful, they lurk everywhere and as Anya says “multiple quickly”.

I admit it, I gave Anya the good lines!

-----------------

Miss Elly – Greetings! Thanks reading CM!

Quote:
I wonder just how pissed Willow is gonna be when she finds out that Anya was keeping Tara
You’ll have to find out.

-----------------

Shadowygirl/April – Welcome to CM!

Quote:
So I spent all night reading, though I should have been sleeping now I'm dead tired and annoyed
Glad you are NOT annoyed with me and that you’re enjoying my little tale.

Quote:
I must admit you write these people just like Joss did, to a tee, its a great job really but you have way more depth then he ever did...
That’s some very big praise, I’m flattered and humbled, though I can hardly compare to any of the BTVS series writers, nor even many of the writers here. Still, I’m very appreciative at your very, very kind words.

Quote:
I'm not sure if anyone has said this yet cause everyone I see keeps saying BAD willow but I'm pretty pissed off with Tara myself lol ,and this is the first time that has EVER happened
Actually a few people have expressed your same feelings, then switched back to being upset at Willow, then back at being upset with Tara.

Quote:
Tara is acting like she owns Willow or something when honestly they aren't even a couple…
I think it’s more a case of both girls being very young and not understanding themselves or each other. It’s the classic case of miscommunication and presumption, despite all good intentions. Still, feel free to angry with Tara at the moment, she did act out.

-----------------

PolarBear -
Quote:
I knew Anya was going to look for her! Hooray!
You are perceptive!

Quote:
The image of Tara's apartment was really creepy. Really not a place for a mom and child, or anyone for that matter.
I agree. I had to think it out, you know, where would low-income or uber-affordable housing be in Sunnydale, CA be? Much like the poorer neighborhoods in most cities or towns, they would be in the less-desireable parts of town, in Sunnydale’s case anywhere near a cemetery—definitely undesirable.

-----------------

Egnalos – Hello!

Quote:
This is an amazing fic; you are doing a great job writing everyone's emotions. Every character is so well done that it's so easy to see and hear them in my head as well as every scene you portray.
Thank you, I write this pretty much as I see it in my head. I have this little projector in my head that just plays things out, I just write it down.

Tara is very confused and unsure of what exactly she is doing.

-----------------

nothingtosay -

Quote:
well, that wasnt as heart breaking for tara as i thought….
Tara in the series was hardly given to hysterics, unlike Willow. It seemed to me, she was much more in control of her emotions, at least on the surface, and tended to internalize her feelings, where Willow was the opposite. You know, she had those quiet moments of sadness, like remembering her mom and letting everything, all the pain and drama, seep into her and then wash over her.

Quote:
i love anya's zeal for the old-fashioned way to help a friend. and spikes friendliness(?)
This was definitely a Anya & Spike shining moment chapter.

Quote:
ive come to the conclusion that spike wasnt commenting that to himself...what the hell indeed??...some average demon, warlock, evil-doer that anya was referring to?...
There’s all kinds of things on the Hellmouth that go bump in the night.

-----------------

LittleBit – Back again!

Quote:
I really like the plot and character development - particularly Anya and Spike. Fringe characters are often harder to develop than the main characters.
Thank you. Side characters are a bit more difficult, but they also give you more latitude in development.

-----------------

katjetson

Quote:
This is going to be lame-o feedback…
Nah, it wasn’t lame at all, I appreciate anyone that takes the time to chime in.

Quote:
I wish I were Anya sometimes. She says everything that everyone wishes they could say, and she's a big ole thrill for me in your story.
We could all use a drop of Anya in us, she’s hardly the type to hold back when she’s set to ‘go’. Though I’ll take my “touch of Anya” with a side of subtly and a dash of tact.

Quote:
Bring on the understanding and love! And, if possible, Anya in the middle…
Now, now, that’s not allowed on this board!

Thank you so much for continuing to read what (for me) started out as a whim.

-----------------

balveens

Quote:
I love Spike and Anya! Woohoo!!!
Me too!

Quote:
I’ve read everything so far twice…
Does that mean you’ve caught some of the changes I’ve made throughout my story AFTER I posted my original updates? Yikes!

You are very welcome too.

-----------------

Sandman78 -

Quote:
Now I'm all smiles 'cause Tara is safe and Anya is awesome...
Glad you’re smiling now, especially since my “New Moon Rising” chapter was such a kill-joy!

-----------------

Shy One

I love Anya too! Both her and Spike were always a bit more on the ball than the Scoobies.

Quote:
And I'm SO relieved that Tara is safe. Now.......if Willow will sort out her damn feelings so they can
hook up properly, I'll be a happy kitten.
You and many others, oh she’ll get there… how she gets there is part of the story.

Quote:
Please grace us with another amazing update soon! I'm completely addicted to this story and can't wait for more!!!!
I hope this next update will tide you over, but if you’re like me, once it’s over you want another!

-----------------

viximon – Hello. Now forgive me, I can’t remember if I’ve seen you here before? If not, welcome!

Yes, the girls are definitely confused and their emotions are as ‘messy’ as their thought processes.

-----------------

WolfDragonGod – Glad you’re still reading, yes a new update is soon to be posted, though I fear I’m running a few hours late.

-----------------

sinkinghearts – Such happiness, you are very welcome, so sorry the updates don’t come quick enough.

Quote:
my dear tues, it may be rare that i stumble upon this site nowadays, but please do know that this story is what makes me come back ALL the time
That really makes me feel good, thank you so much for occasionally coming back to CM.

-----------------

Yours -
Quote:
And how cool is Anya by the way?!?!?!?!
D@mn cool, I’d say. Full update on the way!

-----------------

Safuega -
Quote:
Apologies for the lateness of the feedback…
No need for apologies, I’m just glad you’re here!

Quote:
…Anya and Spike as the anti-Scoobies and anti-heroes of the story. Anya is hilarious in this and Spike can be so kind and gentle while pretending that he does not give a damn.
It only makes sense, as they, including Tara, were never really part of the group.

Quote:
Oh so, the kitten? She's all mystical, no? 'Cause I don't think (or maybe it's shortsighted on my part to assume that it could not be the case) kittens have internal monologues….
Actually Miss Kitty doesn’t really have a true ‘voice’, she does have a thought process though and instinct. Maybe I didn’t write that clear enough? The dialogue was all Tara speaking to Kitty.

Quote:
…dangerous and angsty stories.
I promise nothing, but prepare for anything!

-----------------

My dear friend Watty, hello!

Quote:
…thank [insert deity of choice] for a break in your schedule, that you can return to CM.
Well the deities aren’t with me, since my time is still limited. Ahh well, such is life.

Quote:
Who would have thought, in the beginning of this tale, that Anya! and Spike! will be the ones to Do the Right Thing and rescue Tara. The one word that came to my mind at Anya's grand entrance was whilrwind.
She’s a dynamo and you are very right, when her mind is dead set just get out of her way! I drop a few small hints about Anya, but was hoping it would be a nice unexpected turn to throw in Spike.

Quote:
Her interactions with Spike were spot on, brilliant characterization.
Thank you, I really enjoyed writing this chapter in particular.

Quote:
There's still a long long long way to go with Willow though, if only the non-demons can learn to be as direct.
Yeah, such silly things we humans are made of….

-----------------

AlysonGoddess -
Quote:
Oh ma goodness!!! Long time no see!!!! I am glad to have gone to this thread, oh how I have missed this story!!!
It has been awhile and I’m so glad you are still reading CM. So sorry I’ve dragged my heels a bit on the updates. Don’t worry I haven’t forgot you are lover of angst!

-----------------

DameSansMerci – Well hello!
Quote:
I've been reading it almost every day since I started (late to the party, as usual), and wow! I love it! It's really helped me through a tough time in my life...is that lame to say?
No that’s not lame at all, I am actually very touched and I hope you are doing a whole lot better in this crazy thing we call “life”.

Quote:
Fanfic doesn't usually change my life.
I think a good story in general can do a lot of things—open your mind, give you perspective, take you outside of yourself, or just whisk you away to another place for a while. In any case, that’s one of the best compliments I have ever had, sincerely, thank you.

-----------------

tabula rasa – Welcome!

Quote:
Started reading this and couldn't stop….
That makes me feel kinda bad for not updating sooner, at least I’m back and updating.

-----------------

[center]MKF – Snippet Two feedback.[/center]

Zampsa1975 -
Quote:
…I hope Miss Kitty soon meets her other mistress Willow...
Me too.

-----------------

jay/wt4evr -
Quote:
…night creature eh? I'll bet...
Definitely.

-----------------

nothingtosay -

Quote:
ms.kitty's really cute, she reminded me of those old, servants (Butlers&Maids who had to study to become one) who lived and breathed to served the Masters of the house.
That’s a very good comparison!

Quote:
if your uploading a snippet, im guessing an update wont be far too long. thanks for this, thought youd leave us high and dry with your story.
The full chapter update is coming later than I planned, and though I’m late I haven’t abandoned CM.

-----------------

Shy One -
Quote:
I'm a HUGE cat lover so that snippet was just right up my street.
I hope I got those kitty mannerisms right.

Quote:
I hope that....somehow.....Willow and Tara bump into each other.
I'm a big hopeless romantic and can't wait for Willow to figure things out
so that we can move on to the gay lovin'.
There will be ‘gay lovin’…eventually.

-----------------

TinyWillow -
Quote:
Woo and hoo!!! An update!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I'm hoping this means another is coming soonish?
Full chapter update is later than I had originally planned, but very soon now.

-----------------

DameSansMerci -
Quote:
MIss Kitty Witty!!! I LOVE HER! That's just the perfect portrayal of a cat: personality, mannerisms, and all!
That’s exactly what I was aiming for.

-----------------

Mestiza, LittleBit, WolfDragonGod – Thank you again for reading including my snippets.

-----------------

rezeaka
Quote:
I could swear I posted feedback to the previous update...and now that I look more closely...I see that I did not! Great Googly Moogly!
I thought I had lost my friendly ex-band geek. Just joking, I am always glad to hear from you, but don’t ever feel pressured to leave feedback. Ya know?

Quote:
And this was my favorite chapter of the last few too!
I gotta say I really enjoyed writing that last chapter.

Quote:
The Miss Kitty chapter was an adorable little gem.
Thank you and thank you again for continuing to read this wacky story of mine.

-----------------

Yours -
Quote:
Hey tues. I can't beleive it's taken me this long to reply!
No worries, it sure takes me long enough to get to the updates lately!

Quote:
I love the cute kitty updates! I want a cat!
Get one, get one! A real update is on the way.

-----------------

[center]Crumpled Note Feedback: [/center]
TinyWillow

Quote:
I'm so psyched for a new chapter, yay!

Also, love, love, love the notes and crumpled pieces of paper! Genius!

Yep, new chapter - hope you like it. Thanks for the thumbs up on the notes, I do take a fair amount of time putting them together.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:20 pm 
3. Flaming O

[center]Image[/center]
[center]See Chapter One for disclaimers. Thank you Starcomed for the continued beta. And away we go![/center]

chapter 14

In a semi-dark room, bent over a table littered with half emptied containers, books, and paper scraps, Willow sat with her head in her hands. “Why can’t I find her?!”

Xander gave her a winning smile. “C’mon Willow, you’ll figure it out! You always do.” His face faltered a bit.

“Will, how about a break?” Buffy hoped a small intervention might help.

Willow shook her head, “No, I can’t stop now. We can’t give up now.” Grabbing at a notepad she began writing once more.

“We aren’t giving up Willow… we never do, right?” Xander replied, as he took the writing pad away from her.

“Just a little breather, just to get out of here. Look, the sun’s out and everything.” Buffy motioned over her shoulder. “Why don’t we enjoy a bit of it?”

Willow’s adamant nature was coming into play. Her friends were hoping to subdue it before the days and nights of true obsession were to begin.

Too late.

“You guys go if you want, I’m going to keep researching.” Willow was about to snatch an incredibly large and ancient tome off the counter.

“Will, stop.” Xander put a hand on the book to stop her. “Just stop.” He dropped another hand on her shoulder trying to gently hold her back.

The room suddenly seemed too small, spiraling inward on her. Willow shrugged Xander off her shoulder and defiantly picked up the book. He gave up and drifted back towards Buffy as Willow focused all her attention on the ancient compendium, inattentive to the whispers around her. Buffy and Xander disappeared completely out of the picture and the book in Willow’s hands felt bigger than before. The room seemed to shift.

“I have to find that demon! It’s ‘causing havoc, I can help if we could just fi—… !” Willow announced out loud as she bent her head down and began flipping through the pages.

“The demon?”

It was Giles’ voice that drew her attention. Willow looked up at him, suddenly noticing how tired and worn he appeared. Then, she felt it herself. She felt it deep within her and she knew her own face reflected the same expression. Her voice had changed too, grave and drawn. “We have to find….”

“I know….” Giles smiled with an optimism that washed away the haggard expression on his face. He became youthful once more. “We shouldn’t let our best intentions undermine our best efforts. Take a break Willow, get some… perspective; you need it.”

Willow knew he was right. She nodded and was about to say something, but Giles was already gone. Pushing back in her seat, her perspective changed completely and the darkened room seemed emptier than before.

I don’t want to push everyone away. Her own company felt less than satisfying, daunting really, and she got up quickly. Running like a child to catch up with everyone, she burst out of the room that only opened into a larger space. She darted across the wooden floor, leaping up the short staircase, to a small landing, and opened the front door.

Unexpectedly, a bell jingled.

Standing in the sun, Willow quickly shaded her eyes, the natural light was so bright. She was again too late as a burst of starry lights exploded behind her eyelids with her first blink. At first, the sun felt good on her skin, but it quickly felt too hot. In fact, it burned into her, prompting her to go. As her vision cleared, she realized that no one looked familiar to her; all strangers. She strained her head one direction and then the other looking for her friends as shadows of light played across her face.

What time is it?

Willow looked down at her wrist. Realizing she had forgotten her watch, she grabbed and twisted the spot where it should have been resting.

Great. Everyone took off, left me…again. What time is it? I can’t tell. She squinted up at the sky, a bright light blue streaked with cotton white. Morning? No! Afternoon.

Time. Willow had forgotten how to keep time.

She used to keep time by school; it was her regimented schedule. Elementary school: class, break, class, lunch, recess, class, home, home work. Junior high: homeroom, advanced math, break, biology, P.E. (ugh), lunch, art, advanced English, hanging out after school with Xander and Jesse, homework. High school, college, and on and on....

It wasn’t just school she kept time to. Willow also kept time to the people in her life.

Unsure of where to go, she began walking, her lone footsteps seemed too loud.

I should go home, when was the last time I was home?

She kept time to her parents, sparingly, because they were never readily available or present in her life. Still, she did. Summer in particular, that time period without school, was marked by the fact that she did see her parents a bit more.

Besides her parents, her longest timekeeper was Xander, from the sandbox to this very day. Mornings before school, lunchtime breaks, after school, and in-between—he was there. When he got out of wood shop, she got out of geometry, his biology class, her chemistry class. And after school meant fun time with Xander, until it was absolutely time to go home, early evening, before the sun went down. Silly lazy days and talks of better futures, dreamt and spoken about before they parted ways.

Then Buffy arrived. And Willow was keeping time in a slightly different way. Her days seemed to stretch out further, from early morning mochas to late night sugar fests. Hours dissolving into minutes filled with demon questing and slaying. But not always, sometimes nights ticked away in sheer frivolity.

With Buffy came Giles, whiling away afternoons in the library between classes or nights researching. Tea, heavy books, and discussions with the ex-librarian.

Willow was startled to already be home.

That was quicker than I remember.

Then, there was that ‘lost’ time, missing or forgotten, from the people she used to keep time to.

Jesse was part of her time with Xander, but he was gone. Now she could barely recall what it was like to have him around, except that Jesse had an affection for donuts. He had introduced Xander and her to the various wonders of sugary goodness after school until it had become a routine for all of them. Donuts were Jesse’s legacy.

Then there was Ms. Calendar; though her time in Willow’s life was short-lived, there existed those minutes of time that had linked them together.

Oz. Oz, unlike Ms. Calendar, was a span of time. One that Willow had missed with all the longing and pain of youth, especially when he first left. Marking her suffering was the count of hours, then days when she had last seen him. No more between class meetings, minutes walking hand in hand, and affectionate afternoons to look forward to.

Time was institutional and the world mundane at best without someone to keep time to.

That’s why people keep ‘busy’.

Sighing, Willow looked up at the house; it seemed forlorn and rather sad. She knew no one would be inside waiting for her; no one had set their clock to her. Still, she shuffled up the porch and unlocked the door.

And then, there was Tara. Somehow, unexplainable to Willow, she didn’t just keep time to her friend. She kept time with her. Hours seemed like minutes, no matter what they were doing.

And the pregnancy? The pregnancy turned months into seconds, so it seemed. It was charted and graphed—meetings for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Checking Tara’s progress and appetite, until suddenly the semester was over. The baby would be coming. No vampire, no final test, no apocalypse would stop this passage of time. It was inevitable, or so it seemed… until the day Tara left.

People always leave.

Willow walked through the front door and tossed her keys onto a nearby table. A hollow echo of metal against wood reverberated through the house. Walking into the living room, she noticed the place was a mess and in need of a clean up. Books stacked haphazardly, clothing thrown around, paperwork strewn about. Yet despite the clutter, she just sank into a nearby chair. She pulled her legs up to rest her chin on her knees and peered out the window.

She no longer kept time with Tara.

The world kept spinning, time kept moving.

Turning slightly, Willow stared at a battered photo resting on the table next to her. She reached out to the keepsake with trembling fingers, but immediately pulled back. Instead, she regarded the candid photo of the young blondish woman who was laughing with a measure of sadness. She could no longer recall the exact circumstances that resulted in that perfectly captured moment.

Willow had lost track of time.

If the baby had been born, whether yesterday, today, or tomorrow, she didn’t know for sure.

There were no morning feedings, no afternoon naps, no burping after meals, no diaper changes…no first steps, no first words…no first day of school. There was no child to set her watch to.

Closing her eyes, Willow sunk deep into the chair. The follies of her youth had ripened into sorrow and moldered into regret. All she could do was loll her head backwards, pressing the back of her neck into the curved edge of the chair as her past settled remorsefully beside her. Suddenly, a ghostly something brushed up against her legs, or so she thought, and she bolted upright surprised to find it was already dark outside.

What time is it? I need to find my watch.

- - BBRRRRR-INNNNGGG - -

Startled, Willow jumped to her feet. Once she had her bearings, she picked up the receiver and heard Giles’ voice filtering statically through the phone. “Where? You found the demon, really? Now? Ok! I’ll be there.”

Time was indifferent and it inched forward, heedless of the details in most people’s lives.

It didn’t matter what Willow wanted or needed to do, she had to help, she was needed. It's what she did. And so, she found herself crouched down in a dark hallway after cautiously edging up a winding staircase with sparse light. Unable to see anything in front of or behind her, she could barely focus in on the voices some distance from her.

Buffy and Xander? Giles? They told me to come here, where are they?

“We can’t stop it.”

“Willow it’s coming your way!”

She got ready. All her searching, researching, and hard work we’re behind her. It had all came down to this moment. Her heartbeats quickened in response and a sheen of sweat formed on her brow. There was a sound of heavy, but incredibly fast movements, barreling towards her. Willow tensed in anticipation.

Unexpectedly, a voice familiar and unfamiliar whispered in her ear.

“Careful...it makes all things disappear—time.”

It caught Willow off guard. “Time?”

She closed her eyes briefly, just a momentary pause between blinking. When she opened them, she suddenly found herself face to face with the demon.

“Oh my god.” She froze, staring up at the creature that was breathing heavily. Its mouth hung open as it focused its eyes hard on hers. It could all be over now. Willow just closed her eyes again, counting her heartbeats and the passing seconds. Then, she thought she felt the demon move close and hover over her.

In an instance her mind drifted. She felt like a child with her eyes shut tight and the dark cast that moved across her face was simply a shadow of the sun. She used to like to lie out in the sun with her eyes closed playing sundial….

The floor beneath her buckled and waved….

…Willow was in the middle of cleaning her room. This chore was long past due.

Too much demon fighting with Buffy and Xander. How long has it been? How many apocalypses have we averted? I can’t even remember, we’re always fighting demons, vampires, stopping some end of the world disaster. Doesn’t matter, because I’d rather be doing THAT than this, but—

Walking past a mirror, she stopped to gaze at herself, noting how much how older she was. Am I getting wrinkles? Jutting her face toward the glass, she gently pulled at the skin beneath her eyes. I have wrinkles.

*Bbuzzzzzz*

Willow set down the armful of clothes on a chair and walked over to pick up some spare cash sitting on a nearby table. There always seemed to be some kid selling candy in her neighborhood. Though it was daytime, she cautiously put her hand on the doorknob and peeked out the eyehole just to make sure it wasn’t something or someone else.

Just in case.

On the other side of the door, she spied a teenager bundled in a puffy vest and wearing a hat that sat oddly on her head. She laughed a bit; the girl seemed so out of sorts fidgeting with her backpack.

Alright, let’s see what she’s selling, probably some chocolate bars, I’ll make sure to have Giles check them out. You never know.

Ready, Willow swung the door open. "Can I help you?"

“You are… or, are you Willow Rosenberg.”

“Yes, I…” Willow tilted her head slightly, unable to shake the oddest feeling. The young woman had the funniest way of asking a question, that didn’t sound like a question at all. “Um, do I know you?”

“Sort of… I’m…?” The girl stuck out a hand awkwardly and a watch dangled loosely around her slender wrist.

Smiling inwardly, Willow took the girl’s hand without hesitation. There was just something about her.

Unable to help herself, the right side of the girl’s mouth curled upward as Ms. Rosenberg warmly shook her hand.

“Hello Mother.”

“Hell-,” the word faded on Willow’s lips, so that she was left with her mouth hanging open. “-O”. And she stood frozen.

“U-um?” The girl tried once more. “H-Hello?” Nervousness suddenly got the better of her. “I’m sorry I shouldn’t have just blurted that out. That was stupid. I should’ve said something else first. I just kind of said it, you know? I don’t know what I was thinking! Here I am, finally meeting you… after 15 years, and I say the wrong thing. The absolute worst thing! I’m sorry, maybe this was a mistake… maybe I should just go?” The young woman’s hand grew weak as she started to withdraw from the handshake.

Willow didn’t hear a single word past ‘hello mother’. Shocked, she was too busy taking in the sight of the teenager in front of her. Her crooked smile was a warm remembrance that she’d had only glimpsed upon in a faded photo. Her facial features, now that Willow looked closely, resembled a character of memory. One she recalled with a mixture of convoluted emotions. Then, there were her eyes - blue, crystalline blue, so familiar. It is Tara’s child. And my…my child? The girl was thin - her body lithe, like her very own. Willow craned her neck, glimpsing a wisp of familiar copper tucked under the girl’s hat. Out of the corner of her eye, she surreptitiously examined her own hair color and gulped.

The girl furrowed her brow as Willow examined her. “I-I’m sorry Ms. Rosenberg, I obviously made a mistake. I am really sorry to bother you.”

“Wait!” Clasping her free hand around the girl’s before it slipped away, Willow held on firmly as if to keep the youth from disappearing. She hoped the girl’s watch would lock her hand in place. But it was all for naught, as the girl’s hand seemed to evaporate becoming ghostly and Willow felt it slip away from her. The girl’s watch she was hoping to catch hold of, she felt last of all—the slight scrape of metal on her palms as it passed through her hands.

My watch!

Willow wasn’t sure, but she felt the oddest sensation of herself falling. Plummeting down a long dark tunnel. She became nauseous as her stomach pitched and her heart jumped in her throat.

“Wiiiilllllooow!?”

------------------------------------------------

[center]
Image[/center]

Last edited by Tues on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:51 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Well normally, I'm not one for dreams. Usually they are too obvious. Too elementary and over too soon. But this one is so very well done. I love the common elements you used to tie it together. Your explanation of Willow's relationship with time is very very well done. I've done that and it always makes me feel that I'm wasting time as well as sharing it when I relate to time like that.

In many ways I feel... poor Willow.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:19 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... I hope Willow is soon able to find her Tara...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:49 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Thanks for the latest update, I love the connection you made between Willow and time...very well written. You still have me wanting more, so I'll wait patiently for the next chapter. ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:19 pm 
8. Vixen

Quote:
She no longer kept time with Tara.
Poor Willow, she is falling into a deep hole and no one sees it.
Sure, it was "only" a dream but it shows just how deep Willow's... confusion runs. Was amazed how you wrote this bit, without us having a clue that this was the "future". Sure, there were hints but at least I didnt pick up on them.
I hope Willow finds Tara soon because I dont think Tara will come back on her own yet :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:11 pm 
3. Flaming O

wow....what an update.was that a dream?..

it one of those things that makes you really re~organize your life.
realising that ones company is a gift and not a routine.

funny thing about time, it passes you just by when you really should have lived in it.

i like the idea that willow associated her watch to the baby.
is babbling heritable?

i have a bad habit of bumping up old stories...
shameless self-promotion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:13 am 
4. Extra Flamey

omg i am so happy that i finally got to read i new chapter and it was so cool.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:06 am 
12. Recently Gay

Hey Tues, Yayness for the update!

I love this fic it's fab. I just want willow and Tara together now! Lol.

I have no patience!

Bring on the next update. PLAESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XxXxXxXxXx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:49 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Tues!!!! Please, please, please update soon!!!

I'm dying here, lol.

I can't wait until the next update, I'm hanging on the edge of my seat!!!
XX Rachel XX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:52 pm 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

Topics: 1
Right with Yours, please updateeeee!!!

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:41 pm 
3. Flaming O

Update! Update! Agony is torture
This is seriously one of the best concepts out there.

"Malayong lupain, amin mang marating, hindi magbabago ang damdamin."

"The people should not be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of their people."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:27 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I am in some serious need of updated-ness...can't wait for more, as said before from someone else it truly is "one of the best concepts".. It's originality is wonderful.

I am a huge fan of AU, and even more when prediciments help aid in feelings revealed.. and this This Creation Myth is just so interesting and the angst is just enough, and I hope everything works out for Willow. It's just getting good, so I hope it's continued.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:20 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Yup, I had been here all along. I just didn't leave comment that much. For that I'm sorry. I might encourage wonderful fics like that one more forceful.
;-)

Now that Time-mosnter is tricky. Therre can be so many posibilities around. I can't wait to read more. Please don't make us wait long.
Keep the good work up!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:00 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Hey Tues!

Listen I'm having serious Creation Myth withdrawls here...
I need an update! Please? :pray :sob :aww
Please please please with a cherry on top :aww

This is an amazing fic and it's my favourite one!

I've lost count of the amount of times I've read this now, lol.

Anywho I'll stop buging you.
I really hope there'll be an update soon. :pray :pray :pray

XX Rachel XX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:18 am 
12. Recently Gay

Any chance of at update?
Just though I'd try my luck, lol.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:19 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 3
Okay, I totally saw that the thread had been bumped and almost had a heart attack hoping for update-y goodness! I'm dying here! This is the BEST fic I've ever read! Please continue it soon! :-D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:22 am 
12. Recently Gay

Don't suppose there's a chance of an update?
Please? :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next