The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Creation Myth
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:04 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

awww so sad but yet so cute at least willows trying but does she really want the baby? what are they gunna do??? Plz update soon!!!
Erin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:01 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great update

Well Willow does seem to be trying to be more understanding but, as other people have said, she's not doing too good a job of it.

This was shown particularly with her comment about using magic to fix things. I mean the only thing they could do is get rid of the baby which would be the same as getting ab abortion, and it was clear Tara wasn't happy about.

Still Willow was trying and she did seem to be doing better at being supportive by the end. They have a lot to discuss and work out though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:54 am 
5. Willowhand

Excellent update. For a while there I thought Willow was going to choke on the foot that was lodged solidly in her mouth but she managed to calm down. I don't think she realises how touchy Tara is because of her hormones. Maybe its time for Willow to do a little pregnancy/baby research.

Poor Tara. I know that she's all over the place at the moment but she needs to cut Willow some slack. I think that Tara needs to explain to Willow how she is feeling - maybe then Willow will stop spazzing out!

I really enjoyed this. more soon please. :bounce

Caz

"I'm a bloodsucking fiend! Look at my outfit!" Willow - Doppelgangland

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:46 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
And so begins the long journey toward reconciliation, acceptance, realization, and love.

Looks like it's going to be a particularly long journey too.

I feel for Willow and her foot-in-mouth disease. I understand Tara's position, but also agree that she seriously needs to cut Willow some slack. Especially when it is so evident that our favorite redhead is doing her best to understand and help.

It's a difficult tug of war to manipulate without getting overly dramatic, or overly tedious. So far, your balancing of elements is nicely written.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
DW

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:40 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
I'm going to be harsh on Willow first, bear with me.
Quote:
if a spell got us into this mess, couldn’t one get us out?
  1. insensitive
  2. selfish
  3. inconsiderate
  4. stupid
I could hear whole generations of teenage boys saying the same thing to the teenage girl they just knocked up. How can you say such thing to a mother?

There, I got that out of my system. Apologies if I was harsh, and though I can understand the confusion and trepidation and all the avoidy feelings, Willow needs to step up and put the welfare of Tara and the baby first and foremost. I'm glad they talked, cleared some of the cobwebs, put their concerns on the table. But so much needs to be done, they have a long long long way to go.

Quote:
Tara shook some more when she felt Willow’s hands around hers. It was a little startling; Willow seemed so inclined to keep a distance between them.

Get comfortable with each other, narrow the distance between them.

Quote:
Willow watched Tara draw back into herself. There were volumes in Tara’s body language that she was just beginning to really understand how to read.

Observe, learn, understand.

Quote:
I wanted someone to love me… unconditionally; someone… of my own.

Ultimately, be together.

Yes, Willow.
Quote:
A BABY?

She let out a huge breath.

Ok, a baby.

Get used to it. The baby needs you. Tara needs you.
[br]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:37 am 
3. Flaming O

As much as Willow's insensitive comments to Tara may be driving people nuts, I think she's reacting the way an 18-year old would. It never occurred to her that this was even possible, even though the whole magic thing isn't foreign, so it's taking her awhile to wrap her head around it. I'm glad she's finally waking up and realizing her friendship with Tara has been pretty one-sided. Hopefully as she demonstrates her interest in Tara and her well-being, things will balance out.

Despite my defense of Willow, I have to say if I were Tara, I think my crush on Willow would have diminished a bit with her reaction to the situation. All the same, I'm quite interested to see how they go from their tentative friendship to something more, considering all they're going through.

I probably said this in my last feedback, but I love that there's no easy, quick solution to their situation. They just have to take time and talk and think, and slowly Willow will fall in love with Tara and Tara will let herself believe it. And then they'll deal with being teen parents in college. Heh.

This is a great story - well-written and unlike anything else I've read.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:18 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 4
Hey TuesBlu

I admit I was wary of your story at first—magical pregnancy stories are really not my cuppa, plus I’ve been going through a period of not really liking Willow too much (a familiarity breeds contempt kind of aversion). But I’ve been keeping up with your updates and I have to say, I’m really enjoying it.

You handled the magical pregnancy thing well. Generally I don’t like the kind where the couple are trying to have a baby and turn to magical means to become pregnant; it just strikes me as out of character for both of them, especially Tara. But the unexpected pregnancy you used here was really clever, very much in character, and a good set up for the situation and resolution to follow. I can just imagine the kinds of wackiness you can get into as writer with the set-up you’ve established. The challenge for you I guess is to keep us interested in what looks like an unusual situation but is really pretty common. You have a good head start using these two, though. They’re really a cute couple. Plus I like your writing style, it’s easy and pleasant to read. Good job so far for you and your beta.

About Willow being a jerk – I was all set to really loathe Willow given my current pre-disposition, but it’s actually not happened. I think you veered off-canon enough with Willow still pining for Oz at least at first, Tara still closeted to Willow (I always thought Tara came out to Willow almost immediately after Hush), and this kind and supportive Giles to force me to set me back without starting from scratch, since the base characteristics of each are still there.

In fact, I think I have to thank you for in part getting me off my anti-Willow kick, so that my own writing in this fan-dom has gotten easier again. Reading your chapters, it really comes through—Willow is 18 or so. Aside from the lack of experience, she’s supposed to be a doofus, super-smart or not. Throw a heap of responsibility on her, whether that’s fathering a baby (heheh, I still chuckle about daddy Willow) or being a badass Wicca, a Slayer’s big gun, and she’s bound to make an ass of herself every now and then. I’ll be looking forward to how you handle Tara realizing this and giving her a second chance to becoming friends again, and then something more ;-).

b.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:07 pm 
2. Floating Rose

TuesBlu,

I tend to lurk more than comment on fics, which is a bad habit, and one that I'm trying to break. Folks who post their own work for the world to see are taking a huge emotional risk and one that should, at the very least, be acknowledged.

I have to say, I like this fic quite a bit. It's rare to read a fic that doesn't have Willow and Tara instantly connect with each other, so I feel like I'm exploring new ground. And I'm impressed that you've drawn both characters as flawed in a realistic way. I know that most of the kitten feedback has focused on Willow, but Tara's hardly perfect either. For example, Tara says she didn't tell Willow she was gay sooner b/c she was concerned about an anti-gay reaction. But as I read it, Tara was less worried about an anti-gay reaction in general than in Willow's discovering that Tara was attracted to her. So she massaged the truth, and in the process implied that her reticence was Willow's fault. Completely unfair and completely understandable, just as Willow's reaction to Tara's pregnancy is both completely inappropriate and completely understandable.

I look forward to reading more.

--blue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:17 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

TuesBlu
I'm enjoying your story a lot. I like the idea you've come up with: a magical conception.. :eyebrow

I also like the way you're showing the reaction of each of them in a way that's true to their natures. Tara nurturing and protective of the baby, while still allowing her insecurities and feelings for Willow to make her more ready to see rejection of herself when Willow is really rejecting acceptance of a fact that scares her deeply. Willow's logical brain, accustomed to scientific rigour, needs results, evidence, and it's not until she sees, in no uncertain way (poor Tara, thank goodness I never had it that bad), such evidence that she finally begins to accept the fact of Tara's pregnancy. Insensitive? Oh yes, but she's deep in those logical processes, and she's suffering shock. I guess she should be accustomed to her spells going awry, but this is a doozy of a mistake.

Now that she's accepted the reality of Tara's pregnancy, and the ultimate reality of a baby, she'll start the logical process to find a solution to that problem. The interesting thing will be, how long before the baby changes from being a problem to being her and Tara's flesh and blood, her daughter(?), a real live person that she wants to love and care for. Tara's already there: the wonder of the life growing within her has already made it precious to her. I think Willow will need to experience results (again) - some experience to shift the reality of the baby from intellectual to emotional. So, I hope Tara doesn't shut her out again.

I can't wait for the next update, and to see where you take this. Such a huge ask for a couple of girls, so young, still at college, and no financial means. It would be no less than a small miracle if their friendship survived the difficulties to come, never mind developing into a romance. More, soon, pleeeeeeease. :-D

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:06 pm 
8. Vixen

:applause :bow
This is an awesome fic! I know it's going to be a long haul before we get some :wtkiss but I'm prepared.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:22 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Did I reply yet? I don't think so. I'll make it quick: Willow's an idiot. I'm considering whacking her with something. Not something soft either. Yep, considering it right now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:11 pm 
3. Flaming O

[center]Hey everyone! Well I’ve been traveling (family and work stuff), in fact I did my last update on the road. It’s a crazy digital world! Now I’m back and settled in after being completely distracted by so many other great fics... so finally replies. First and foremost, a supreme thanks for all those continuing to read on.[/center]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ms. Sally –

Quote:
but you know what they say about assuming. You make an ass out of some guy named "ume."

"Ume” is right.

Quote:
I guess it's just very very easy to overlook and take for granted someone who is naturally more quiet, shy, reticent, and accommodating. The real trick is switching from ME ME ME mode to truly honestly caring about the other person and getting into the habit of not running roughshod over them with one's own wants, needs, priorities, desires, and wishes

Your feedback is perceptive.

Quote:
Is it just me or….

And by the way, it’s not just you.

Quote:
It broke my heart when Willow was talking about other options besides having the baby.

I admit I was very nervous about writing that scene. In fact, I expected to be flagged, berated, and dragged over hot coals. Ideologically I am pro-choice too, but emotionally it becomes an entirely different matter when someone you know is involved. Even the suggestion of such thing becomes a touchy subject (and that’s something I would never do). But yeah, young, panicked, and unprepared Willow did and is receiving the brunt of a lot of negative feelings. It’s not an excuse for her blunder, but I do feel it is part of the Willow that always wants to ‘fix’ things, especially after she’s made a mistake.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emms -

I know it’s difficult and I hope I’m not asking too much of everyone’s patience, but there it is. I could take the easy way out and work up a happy ending just like that, but it would be a cop-out.

The notes… "a glimpse" is so right.

Dear Irene –

Whether it’s your son’s birthday (very important) or simply a nice day outside I’d absolutely understand. If you skipped f/b for a change I’d get that too. But, I’m happy you’re here.

Quote:
I knew it.

Regarding Willow, I won’t say you’re wrong.

Quote:
Though as upsetting as they are, I believe are very realistic of life and portray Willow's character accurately. 'Can't we fix this'; typical of Willow. Again, I'm reminded that she's only 18 and she's scared. It's a normal reaction, not very wisely planned out, but she's being honest. It does sound that she will support Tara in her decision….

In general, on many levels you are so very right. They are definitely on an emotional rollercoaster and this was just a first step.

Hey DW –

Quote:
Ok... I don't know what it is... but I keep picturing Willow having her "gay-epiphany" and spontaneously serenading Tara with a warbled rendition of "having my baby, what a wonderful way to say how much you love me..."

Oh, well I could just end this right now…or maybe I should just serenade you?

My dear Wiccan
what are you thinkin’
I could make the easy
But that’d be measly

Ok maybe lyrics aren’t my thing. But you’re not insane. Although, I firmly believe I am!

Yeah Willow is trying, fumbling, but trying. She’ll make more of an effort. And Tara’s got someone else more important on her mind now. They are far apart at this moment, but it’s a work in progress.

I’m doing my best as nothing but a novice and I appreciate your support, but thanks to Starcomed I’ve ducked the raisins.

Big wink for the upcoming chapter, just for you.

tarebear-

Willow’s a fast learner, but both she and Tara are gonna slip up now and then. They’re young with so many things yet to figure out including how they fit together with a baby now in the picture.

Yes, the ‘elephant’ has definitely been addressed, but that’s the tip of the iceberg.

WilllowRulez –
She tried, didn’t completely fail, but didn’t completely succeed either. Glad you still love this story.

StarCat –

Quote:
Things are complicated for them. So much more still needs to be said…

You are very right.

Quote:
Willow and her scientific mind still looking for solutions. I also understand Willow's comment about "options" because Tara is no more ready to have a baby than Willow. No money, no job, no family support, and probably no school. It's hard for a scientific mind to add those things and have it equal (=) baby.

Well put and very accurate, but Willow’s not without a heart, she’s just overwhelmed & confused.

AlysonGoddess -

Sad true, but tune in for the next installment! Thanks for reading.

Justin –

Quote:
Still Willow was trying and she did seem to be doing better at being supportive by the end. They have a lot to discuss and work out though.

Willow’s still suffering from dumb-head disease, but you’re right in the end she did her best. Yup, many things to work out.

Caz -

Quote:
For a while there I thought Willow was going to choke on the foot that was lodged solidly in her mouth but she managed to calm down.

That made me laugh, definitely the potential to mess even more was there. And Willow definitely needs to ‘catch up’ to Tara in many respects.

Quote:
I think that Tara needs to explain to Willow how she is feeling - maybe then Willow will stop spazzing out!

Yes, there’s that too. But, this was just their first talk and they are both just at the start this process.

Watson –

Quote:
I'm going to be harsh on Willow first, bear with me.

Have at it, no apologies necessary, I understand. I set out to explore the selfish side of Willow, in doing so, writing parts of this hasn’t really been easy. Actually it’s been kind of brutal and part of me feels guilty for making Willow out to be such a boob. But, it’s true to that part of her nature. I was also interested in exploring Tara’s initial character, so quiet and reserved, so willing to go along with Willow. What would it have been like if that changed earlier instead of later?

Quote:
I'm glad they talked, cleared some of the cobwebs, put their concerns on the table. But so much needs to be done, they have a long, long, long way to go.

Get comfortable with each other, narrow the distance between them.

Observe, learn, understand.

Ultimately, be together.

Your comments are direct, honest, and heartfelt. Your points are right on the money, but applicable to both Willow and Tara.

Grayson –

Quote:
As much as Willow's insensitive comments to Tara may be driving people nuts, I think she's reacting the way an 18-year old would. It never occurred to her that this was even possible, even though the whole magic thing isn't foreign, so it's taking her awhile to wrap her head around it. I'm glad she's finally waking up and realizing her friendship with Tara has been pretty one-sided.

Another keen observation on your part.

Quote:
Despite my defense of Willow, I have to say if I were Tara, I think my crush on Willow would have diminished a bit with her reaction to the situation.

I hesitate to say ‘love’ (because it’s not quite yet), well, it’s a funny kind of a thing. But, beyond that Tara’s always had a very forgiving side.

Quote:
…unlike anything else I've read.

Your praise makes me blush. After catching up on a few other fics on the board, I guess mine is different. Vive la difference! For me it’s a welcome relief to read over lighter, smuttier (whew!), and more romantic fictions as I Iabor over mine (which is none of those things… as of yet). Hopefully for others, mine offers the same in the opposite way?

Yo Binky!

Quote:
Plus I like your writing style, it’s easy and pleasant to read. Good job so far for you and your beta.

Thank you, but I thank my beta, Saint Starcomed.

Quote:
About Willow being a jerk – I was all set to really loathe Willow given my current pre-disposition, but it’s actually not happened.

Colored me shocked, I have a feeling there’s more than a significant amount of people who at this moment hate Willow in my fic.

Quote:
In fact, I think I have to thank you for in part getting me off my anti-Willow kick, so that my own writing in this fan-dom has gotten easier again.

Laughs at this comment! Your welcome… I think?

Quote:
…Willow is 18 or so. Aside from the lack of experience, she’s supposed to be a doofus, super-smart or not.

This “doofus” aspect of Willow has always intrigued me. She is so damned intelligent, but so prone to completely screwing things up whether she’s temporarily blinding Giles or helping to release her own doppelganger. She’s a bit of an idiot savant, who tries to logically think through, and at times enhance or modify, something that’s not based in logic at all (magick and her own emotions).

simplyblue -

Quote:
I tend to lurk more than comment on fics, which is a bad habit, and one that I'm trying to break. Folks who post their own work for the world to see are taking a huge emotional risk and one that should, at the very least, be acknowledged.

Trust me, it is so appreciated!

Quote:
I'm impressed that you've drawn both characters as flawed in a realistic way. I know that most of the kitten feedback has focused on Willow, but Tara's hardly perfect either.

I’ve said it before, it is easier to focus on Willow (again totally understandable!), but you’re right Tara’s not perfect either.

spells42 -

Quote:
I also like the way you're showing the reaction of each of them in a way that's true to their natures. Tara nurturing and protective of the baby, while still allowing her insecurities and feelings for Willow to make her more ready to see rejection of herself when Willow is really rejecting acceptance of a fact that scares her deeply. Willow's logical brain… needs results, evidence, and it's not until she sees… such evidence that she finally begins to accept the fact of Tara's pregnancy. Insensitive? Oh yes, but she's deep in those logical processes, and she's suffering shock. I guess she should be accustomed to her spells going awry, but this is a doozy of a mistake.

Astute observations and exactly what I was shooting for. This was definitely a “doozy” or a mistake!

Quote:
The interesting thing will be, how long before the baby changes from being a problem to being her (Willow) and Tara's flesh and blood… a real live person that she wants to love and care for. Tara's already there…. I think Willow will need to experience results (again)… to shift the reality of the baby from intellectual to emotional.

Interesting indeed… and you’re right Tara is already there and feels for the baby. And Willow is definitely a thinker before anything else and she’s got a ways to go.

dorksrcool -

Quote:
I know it's going to be a long haul before we get some Willow and Tara smoochies but I'm prepared.

Prepared huh? Glad you’re still enjoying this!

JustSkipIt -

Quote:
I'll make it quick: Willow's an idiot. I'm considering whacking her with something. Not something soft either. Yep, considering it right now.

I know what I set up, so you can whack her with something, but I hope you read some of my preceding replies to slightly soften the blows. Nah, you can smack her as hard as you want, I’m sure other readers would appreciate it!

[center]All right everyone... Chapter Six is in the works![/center]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:24 am 
3. Flaming O

[center]My dear saint starcomed… tarnished halos indeed.[/center]
[center]Image[/center]

[center]A couple of days or so - chapter six![/center]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:29 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Quote:
W & T = _ _ _ _?
indeed!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:41 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Okay, so let me see if I got this; Tara is with child...she's having a baby. She's going through this huge thing that she neither wanted or planned at that stage in her life, and all Willow can talk about is her own deal? And how Xander is always with Anya...?! And then....and then....she ends the note with: "I miss doing spells and stuff with you"? I think Willow might need a reality bitch-slap. :happy

cute note, though...and not that I mean to sit here and rag on Willow this whole time...I mean, she is going through stuff too...with not knowing where she and Tara stand. But still...Jeeze Will, get a clue, huh?

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:33 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

Another cute note from Willow. She's still making it all about her. I do sort of still understand; Tara hasn't necessarily let her in emotionally enough for her to make the switch from thinking of Tara as "other" to her and Tara being "us." Sigh, I dunno. I felt like they were making lots of progress. I'm glad you're taking your time with them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:31 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Whee. When the choices come to homework or fanfic...I choose Fanfic! And today it was yours. yay! yay for me that is, cause i chose well. And good god that's a really big banana on my desk...

I really am enjoying this fic. Sometimes i find msyelf getting mad at Tara. but not really. and other times I get mad at Willow.. but not really...or.. i can't stay mad at them, cause they're both going through stuff.

For Willow it's understandable that she's still just realizing that it's all real, especially since Tara needed space, so Willow couldn't have been there to see it, sometimes people can't belive what they're not allowed to see. Seeing Tara being pregnant would really jolt someone who wasn't allowed to see her for so long.

Tara needing time also way understandable. Who wouldn't need time when they find out they've been impregnated by their new straight-friend who they're really quite enamored with by magical means? I know *I* needed time when it happened to me...

They seem to be doing a push-me-pull-me type thing.. i mean, they both have moments where they're pushing each other away, even though they don't want to. even if they're not trying to.

I like the notes. They at least let Tara know that Willow is trying to have some contact with her. And as to the content of the notes being all, self-centered, i think it has to do with Willow not quite sure knowing what else to say. She doesn't really feel like she has a right to ask Tara for anything, to ask her how she's doing. But she also wants to let Tara know she's okay...since.. Scooby life can be pretty dangerous... and that way it's still neutral. I can see Willow saying that she missed doing spells and stuff, but I don't think it's what she really meant. It just.. would have been easier to say that than "I miss being close to you, and feeling safe, and having you around me."

And I love the internal dialog, it makes the characters feel real, cause yeah... people actually think sometimes.

Willow suggesting to do try a spell to fix it all... was... It made me laugh, which... is probably mean.. but, it's such a real type thing, cause I am the master of foot-in-mouth, and people have a tendancy to say things that they know they shouldn't say, and they know it's stupid, and that it's only a halfhearted suggestion. And you know that what you're about to say is going to end badly...yet your mouth just doesn't listen.

I don't really have much more to say... But I really like this story. It has dimension, which is always a good thing. The way you write the characters is extremely dimensional, and it's also very believable. You don't give either one of the girls an appearance of perfection, which a lot of fanfic does sometimes. and to me a character is so much more when they're not perfect. perfect is just...boring. so.. continue! Continue I command it!

and I should have gone to MegaCon yesterday...I missed Claire Kramer and Julie Benz...stupid need to sleep and desire to go on a date...*pouts about it*

Okay.. enough of my rambling...
End of My Feedback...rejoice!

-Dani

"Must be programmed to self-decrypt at a certain point... That is so annoying! It's like someone blurting out the answer to a riddle just when you've-- I mean Yippee! We have the information." Willow, Primeval

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:17 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

*sits patiently waiting for an update* :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:49 am 
3. Flaming O

great great great story. this is a very unique plot - consider me hooked on this one :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:40 am 
5. Willowhand

Quote:
W & T = _ _ _ _?

It could mean Baby - I mean, they are expecting one aren't they! :lol

Caz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:43 am 
17. Mega-Witches

LOL, or it could be S-M-U-T. Well, maybe not quite yet, in this story. :lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:52 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hi All! Just a little quick little blah, blah, blah... then the update.

To ShallowLikeUs & Shane - welcome aboard. (I will dive into your comments later, got to get this chapter up!)

AlysonGoddess - thanks for your patience, just let finish formatting chapter!

Irene, JustSkipIt, Emms, & Caz -

_ _ _ _ !?!?

And finally, SallyMcFine - UberSmut mind!

Last edited by Tues on Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:28 pm 
3. Flaming O

[center]Image[/center]

[center]See Chapter One for disclaimers. Starcomed thanks for seeing me through this.[/center]

Chapter Six – Exhausting

By the time Willow got home from Tara’s she was somewhat calm. It was still a shock - a baby, a whole little human that Tara was going to give birth to.

Willow picked up the phone. “Tara?”

Tara was sitting by the phone waiting for Willow to call her. She wanted to be sure that Willow made it home safely. Well that went ok… for the most part. Morning sickness, pregnancy acceptance, and baby revelation. The phone rang expectantly, and she paused briefly before picking up. “Hi Willow.”

“I made it home ok, you know, just calling.” Willow bit her lip, wanting to ask again about the possibility of seeing Tara tomorrow. She was determined to do something more, but was stalled on a ‘maybe’ and not being pushy.

“I’m glad.” Tara held back. She was torn; she could sense the eagerness and expectation in Willow’s voice. She suddenly recalled the ‘fix’ idea; it gave her more reason to hesitate. No, I should take my time.

Willow waited on the static air on the other end of the phone. Tara’s momentary pause made her anxious. Truthfully, Willow didn’t quite know what was the right or wrong thing to do… or say.

Tara continued. “So, I’m kind of busy tomorrow. Maybe we can see each other on Saturday, um, later in the day?” She had other things to do that morning.

“Oh, sure. Absolutely!” Willow masked her discouragement with an overly cheery reply. It felt like a setback. She had been good in the face of it all, only experiencing total meltdown after the fact and away from Tara. But what was she expecting? An easy fix, a simple ‘all’s forgiven’? This wasn’t instantaneous. No, this was work, slow and painful work. So, ‘maybe tomorrow’ means ‘no’. Will ‘maybe Saturday’ be ‘yes’?

Tara couldn’t help feeling a little bad. Willow was being too cheery to mask her obvious disappointment. But Tara held firm. “I’ll call you. Bye Willow.”

“Nite Tara.” Willow set down the receiver.

Tara didn’t quite put the receiver down; holding it slightly away until she heard the final click and the phone went dead. Then she put the phone in the cradle slowly. She walked over to the folded down futon and sat down, running her hand down the length of it. Willow was sweet, she is really trying… but she’s still completely overwhelmed. Can I really blame her? Tara pulled the covers back and slid under the sheets, and then she turned her bedside light off. The fairy lights remained on; Tara always found them comforting. They were like little stars, reminding her of her mother, who had once strung a set around her room when she was a little girl.

Tara turned over, taking the sheets with her so she was in a snug roll. She was tired, her body and mind were exhausted. The pregnancy made everything so much more intense. It was easy to surrender to sleep, to let go of all her doubts and questions for the moment and just rest. She closed her eyes and drifted off to a happier, easier place. She was asleep instantly.

Willow slowly made her way to her bed. ‘I’ll call you.’ It echoed in her head, as a thousand other thoughts orbited haphazardly around her brain. A baby. Okay, okay. How can she do this, well I mean I know how… but how? She’s… we’re both so young. No, she hasn’t asked me for anything and I can’t or won’t let her do this alone. BUT, I’m just not ready for this! How can Tara be ready for this? Great, I’m babbling in my head. She fell onto her bed.

Her brain couldn’t shut down. Lying on top of the covers and still in her day clothes, Willow drifted off erratically, before finally falling into an agitated sleep, surrounded by questions and conjecture.

---

Willow rolled around, tangled in the covers of the bed and gripping a pillow. Then she turned over until she belly-flopped onto the floor and woke up completely startled. “Ouch!” Suddenly scrambling back, she grabbed at the pillow that was pinned beneath her. She cradled it in her arms as she stared at it completely bewildered. Um, what the? Then she turned to scowl at the alarm clock as it sat screaming and blinking on the bedside table. Leaning back against the side of her bed with the pillow in her lap, she reached up and turned the wailing thing off. Her mind was drifting trying to remember, but waking was bringing consciousness and reason to body and mind. Willow yawned, stretched, and shook her head.

Dreaming, important stuff… can’t remember, it’s… it’s gone.

With the last tendrils of sleep slackened off and her awakened logical mind in place, she lost the final thread of the dream. It had faded into the ether. There was something she needed to do, but she couldn’t remember what that was. She grumbled and got up, throwing the twisted covers on the bed. Then gently she set the pillow down on top of everything else.

It was Friday, another day of empty space to fill until the ‘maybe’ of Saturday.

Ugh, shower, change clothes, and ‘maybe’….

Waiting on Saturday made Willow’s Friday drag by. It felt like a long day of nothing, and she contented herself with scribbling out little things here and there. She didn’t sleep well and she was testy. Despite invitations to hang out, she avoided the Scoobies that night with the well-worn excuse of ‘homework’.

---

Saturday finally. Willow let out a long breath. After another rough night, she was still tired.

When did I finally fall asleep last night? I know I was dreaming again. I wish could remember. Oh no, no wishing! Just like the previous night, she had fallen into a restless sleep in her day clothes. Not even bothering to change, she made her way to Giles’. There was just too much on her mind and she had another headache.

- knock, knock -

Giles opened the door. “Willow, come in.”

Willow looked at him with doleful eyes and stepped through the threshold.

“How are you? And Tara? Have you finally spoken?” He noticed her beleaguered state.

She nodded. “Oh well, fine, if you count getting your friend pregnant.” Willow bit her lip. “Tara’s good, I think…well better than me.”

Giles nodded and motioned towards the living room. A tray of tea and scones were already on the table.

“How can this be happening?” She took a seat on the couch and glanced at him hopefully. Maybe he knows something… more?

“We’ve already determined how this can happen and how it has happened.” He turned away from her and pulled the Sumerian volume off the shelf.

Willow furrowed her brow and whispered, “Giles, Tara’s keeping the baby.”

Giles said nothing.

He tucked the book under his arm. Then he removed his glasses, cleaned them once, almost put them on, and then cleaned them again. He paused, folding one arm under the other as he pinched the spot between his eyes before finally sliding his glasses back in place. “Eh, hem. I see.”

“‘I see’, that’s all you can say? How about ‘good lord’ or ‘dear god’ or ‘for the love of all that’s Hellmouthy’!” Willow flayed her hands about in the air.

Giles had patiently put up with her brooding for over a month now. He had handled the delicate situation with tact and decorum. But he had had enough. “What do you expect me to say?” His face became serious and he pointed the book at her. “You took it upon yourself to perform a ritual without forethought and without supervision… again. You’ve involved another person in a reckless scheme to rid yourself of your grievous feelings magickally, instead of dealing with them like an adult. You used magick as a means to an end; it was unjustified and selfish.”

Willow crumbled under his reprimands. “Ah, not really needing admonishment and the hairy eyeball just now Giles.”

“I’m afraid you do. Your actions caused this and it cannot be so easily erased.” He huffed rigidly, and then softened. Mistakes had been made, things were now complicated, but escalating the situation wasn’t going to help matters.

“I know, and I know I screwed up. Trust me, I KNOW!” She sighed heavily as she grabbed a scone and bit into it. “But what about the ritual, the incantation? I mean, is there anything to that ‘wishes’ business?” Willow hoped he would have some insight.

“Well, I have been doing more research into the Inanna ritual. It is a fertility spell which we’ve confirmed.” Giles opened the volume that was bookmarked with a small note written by Willow. He scanned the note then peered at her curiously.

Willow rolled her eyes and took another bite of her scone. “Got that, sooo got that.” They had been over that several times.

He looked at her sympathetically, and then continued. “It was translated from Sumerian to Latin and from Latin into English, so a few things may have been lost in translation. Even so, much of it is shrouded in mystery. It was used by Kings and Queens, well, in the privacy of… their, um, bedchambers.”

“Oh-ho. It should of came with a warning!” Willow stood up, and pointed a scone corner at the text accusingly.

“It did.” Giles tilted the book towards Willow and pointed at the small lines of text at the bottom of the page.

“I must have missed that.” She sat back down.

“Yes, so we’ve established.” He shook his head.

She deflated. “That wasn’t the spell I was looking for to get over Oz. Where’s the spell for grief-stricken widows when I needed it?”

“Widows? The spells are listed alphabetically. ‘Widowed’ spells are towards the back.” Giles flipped a few pages. Widows?

“Great, what good is my huge frontal lobe if I can’t do the alphabet?” She slumped back further into the couch.

He shut the book and put it down on the table to give her his full attention.

“But what about the whole ‘wish’ thing? What’s that about?” Willow looked at him questioningly. “I mean can that spell… make you feel things?”

Giles looked at her questioningly. “No. It’s a fertility spell. Why, do you feel something differently? Does Tara?”

“No, I… I was just wondering.”

“Although….”

“What, what?” Willow sat up.

“Most rituals require a level mind, clear from emotions and influence, in synchronization with the forces of nature to be performed correctly. This, like most spells of this ilk, requires… well, a certain amount of emotional desire. I surmise in this case, the word ‘wishes’ isn’t really a ‘wish’ per say, it has more to do with want and need.” He took off his glasses and placed the end of one of the handles in his mouth. Then he continued on, waving his glasses as he spoke. “It stands to reason that the two… people… involved must have a strong connection, well-synchronized with each other. Intriguing really.” He smiled slightly at his own insight.

“Giles, this is no time to be excited about your keen observations. Hello, impregnated another girl because of spell.” She raised her hand. Not really feeling the strong-ness of connections right now. More like strained… thanks to me. But want? Do I have want? Well, I want to be her friend, want to help with the baby, ugh, want to… uh… spend time with her like before all cuddly friends. Cuddly friends? But need? Did I have need? Did Tara?

He gave her a flat look and put his glasses back on. “Oh, well forgive my incredible frivolous mirth, and let me slip back into my usual restrained sobriety.” He then became very somber, but ventured forth tactfully. “So Tara has made her final decision then?”

Final, so final. “Yeah.”

“What of her family? Is she… alone?”

Willow shook her head. “No family.” She instantly panicked. “Giles what am I going to do? She can’t… and I can’t…. I can’t even drive!”

He leveled her with an unbelieving stare, but kept his voice even and gentle. “Willow, you’re responsible for this. And you need to do everything to be supportive for Tara’s sake. Especially if she is alone.” He may not have completely agreed, considering the circumstances, but he was ready to be supportive of Tara’s decision. Her willingness to deal with the situation, no matter how difficult they were, spoke highly of the young woman.

“I know… and I will, but… Giles, it’s a baby! The last time I had anything to do with a baby-anything it turned out to be an egg from hell. Oh my god! You don’t think the baby could be…?”

“I highly doubt that. I’m sure it’s just a baby.” Giles cocked his head slightly. But a magickal baby nonetheless?

“Baby? What baby?” The front door swung open as Buffy and Xander walked in, holding coffees.

“Do we have some kind of new Hellmouth baby demony thing that needs slayage?” Xander flopped down next to Willow and held a large to-go coffee cup out to her. “Geez Will, did you sleep in those or what?” He looked at her crumpled clothes peppered with scone crumbs. He knew she had been a mess since Oz left, but things seemed to get better for a while. Then over the last month everything seemed to get worse again.

“Please tell me I don’t have to go after something with eggs again.” Buffy walked in, and threw her bag on a chair. She had spent the night at Riley’s and suddenly felt guilty, seeing Willow in wreckage form again. Her best friend seemed to be spiraling out of control. “Ah, Willow are you ok? Did you fall asleep at your desk again?”

“Yeah I’m fine. Heavy study session last night.” Willow replied quickly, annoyed at the arrival of her friends. She was about to take the coffee, then abruptly shook her head. Instead she slumped down into the couch, gnawing on last of her scone. Slayer hearing – ugh. God, I sooo could use the coffee, but no, not if I’m gonna see Tara. I don’t want to make her sick. I mean how acute is a pregnant woman’s sense of smell? All she did was sniff it down the hall and she was sick. I didn’t even smell it! It wasn’t a theory she wanted to test. So, it was safer to forego the coffee, no matter how tempting.

Xander shook the coffee at her. “Mocha, Will?” He watched her become grumpier as he peered at her questioningly. Since when does Willow not accept a free mocha? “Oh-kay, I’ll just set this down then.”

“So, demon baby?” Buffy queried swiveling around to face Giles.

“No!” Willow exclaimed as Giles turned towards her, slightly surprised by her outburst.

“Well, actually… Giles and I were trying to come up with our own special Scooby danger signal word.” Willow blinked wide-eyed, amazed at her own white lie and stared pleadingly at Giles. She just couldn’t tell either of her best friends yet.

“All 007-y like.” Xander sat up excitedly. Then he suddenly twitched and grabbed a bunch of tissues out of his pocket, quickly putting them up to his nose to stifle a sneeze. He was unsuccessful. “AHH-CHOO!”

Giles gave him a look.

“Sah-ree.” Xander wiped his nose. “Basement living’s kind of damp.”

Willow and Buffy shook their heads simultaneously. Xander’s living arrangement left little to be desired.

Buffy tilted her head. “Um, ‘baby’? Not so dangery sounding.”

“That’s precisely why it so ingenious. Imagine, ‘the baby… the tiny, tiny babies’.” Giles focused on Willow and muttered quietly to himself. “I sound ridiculous. I need to learn to lock my door.”

“Haven’t you used that before?” Buffy tilted her head the other way.

“Well, yes.” Absolutely ridiculous. Giles shifted uncomfortably.

“And how’d that go?”

“Not very well I’m afraid.” He regained his composure.

“Right, so no ‘baby’ danger signal word!” Willow nervously butted in and grabbed another scone. “So what are you guys doing here?”

“Ah, Scooby meeting? Not to mention, you know, slayer watcher relationship. Batman....” Buffy put a hand on her chest then waved it back at Giles. “…Alfred, minus the gadgets and mansion but heavy on the tea and pastries.” Will is seriously off the ball. She forgot the meeting?

Xander held an index finger in the air. “I’m just tag-along guy, so no one better call me the ‘Boy Wonder’!” He dropped his finger right on an ancient book sitting in front of him and picked it up.

“Yes, well thank you for equating me with an stiffened English butler, whose sole purpose in life is to look after you.” Giles replied tonelessly while giving Willow a look.

Willow lowered her eyes under his gaze. She nibbled on her scone. Even so, she grinned when she turned towards her friends, who couldn’t help but glance at each other amusedly. Giles, manservant.

Right, so Scooby meeting.

"Sure Alfred.” Xander smiled widely and opened the book, the tip of a brightly colored note getting his attention.

Willow looked helplessly at Giles.

Giles deftly snatched the volume from Xander snapping it shut, while Willow sat frozen in her seat. “I see Xander’s had an exacting influence on you.” He spoke to Buffy, as he safely tucked the Sumerian volume away on a shelf.

Xander jumped back slightly when Giles grabbed the book and the wad of tissues in his lap fell to the floor. “Geez, crusty old Alfred,” Xander whispered to Willow who was silently finishing off her scone.

Trusty manservant… leave it to Giles. She let out a breath of relief, and then stood up abruptly. “O-kay then, well I guess we should be researching. Right Giles?”

“Huh?” Um, is something up? Wills is awfully jumpy? Buffy volleyed a suspicious glance between her best friend and watcher.

“Hey, what’s the rush Willster?” Xander looked at her curiously. “And what’s the what? Are you going for the all-time sugar high lately?” Craving much? What’s going on here? Oz? Or, Buffy mentioned a Tara-Willow fight or something?

Buffy looked at Xander knowingly. Something has been bugging their best friend, but she remained aloof and distant. Sometimes she was overly chipper and trying too hard, or she was just plain moody. They had both tried several times to get her to talk; they invited her out. But it was always ‘no’, ‘got to study’, ‘not in the mood’, ‘you guys have fun’. It was time for a Scooby intervention.

Willow saw the look in her friend’s eyes. It just wasn’t time; she didn’t even know how to begin to explain things. She was still wrestling with everything herself. It was too overwhelming to include anyone else for now.

Giles knew he had to diffuse the situation, at the very least, for Tara’s sake. It wasn’t wise to make revelations without the mother’s consent. He turned back to address Buffy. “We need to discuss some advanced training and tactics. The Hellmouth has been far too quiet as of late. After you’re last patrol you mentioned demons and vampires cooperating?” He pulled a large book off his desk and handed it to Xander. “And, I could use some research assistance.”

“Hey, I just came along for the free pastries! Will’s the brainy one.” Xander held the heavy book in his lap with a dogged expression on his face. Then grumbled to himself as he bent down to pick up his fallen tissues. They crinkled oddly as he stuffed them into his back pocket.

Buffy pouted. “A slayer’s life is never fun. All responsibility and no fun make for a pouty slayer.”

Responsibility? You have no idea. Willow took a seat at Giles’ desk, away from her friends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early Saturday morning Tara awoke with the now familiar pressure on her bladder feeling. At the very least it always spurred her out of bed; a physical reminder to keep her focused on her health and the baby. Still, she was physically and emotionally tired and drained.

Even though the first real talk with Willow went well enough, it was difficult. It was necessary and Tara was glad she had finally spoken to Willow, but there was still so much to deal with. It was best to take things slow. On her own, she was able to take care of things for herself and the baby, without Willow-complications.

So, Willow later… maybe.

Tara made her way back to the Women’s Health Clinic for the last part of her prenatal classes, the Early Series for Young Parents. It specifically addressed concerns for young mothers and fathers including money management, returning to school and/or work, childcare, and single parenting.

She briefly, very briefly, considered asking Willow to accompany her to this last session. It was a fleeting thought, but one she was slightly stuck on. After all, she said she wanted to help. But, you saw what she looked like when she left…. I mean, she put on a brave face and all, but she was, um, completely freaked out.

Tara shook her head. No, she couldn’t imagine Willow in prenatal class. What she wanted and what was a reality were in complete opposition to each other. She couldn’t spend her time idly dreaming; there was someone more important to think of now. That’s why she went to the Women’s Clinic. Some of the topics in class covered many things that seemed like common knowledge to her, but the supportive environment helped. It eased her mind.

In the first class they talked about making informed decisions about lifestyle choices. She laughed to herself. ‘Lifestyle choices?’ Try young, gay, single, and magicakally impregnated! It covered many basics. She was surprised that they didn’t offer a Sunnydale specific ‘avoiding dark places at night and alone’ lecture.

The second class covered coping with the physical and emotional changes. Coping… if they only knew.

Tara approached the clinic. She just couldn’t help thinking about Willow.

Today’s class seems so perfect for Willow, technical and scientific… maybe in other circumstances... with someone else.

The sliding glass doors whooshed open before her.

Today we learn about the stages of your development, medical procedures, and birthing options. She laid a hand on her stomach and smiled.

Tara walked towards the receptionist desk.

“Hi Tara, how are you feeling today?” The young nurse receptionist greeted her warmly.

“Pretty good for being exhausted; thanks for asking Lee.” Tara smiled at the dark-haired woman, who had proven to be a real godsend. She got Tara in quickly for her initial exam, then gave her lots of advice and information, got her enrolled in the prenatal classes, and helped her with the insurance and services paperwork.

Lee smiled wearily on the other side of the counter as she removed a marker in an appointment book.

Tara walked over to a room where a pastel yellow flyer saying ‘Welcome!’ hung on the door. She opened it and looked at the eight now familiar faces. Three young couples and one other single mother-to-be surrounded a table with healthy snacks on it. The lecturing nurse sat perched up on a corner of the table speaking to one of the fathers. All the couples were very nice and friendly, always trying to include her and the other single mom in conversations, while never mentioning the ‘fathers’. Still it was awkward and difficult for her. The other single mom, Brenda, was more than inclined to offer her story. Her boyfriend got her pregnant, abandoned her, and was now seeing someone else. Brenda punctuated her story with several colorful descriptions of her ex-boyfriend; he deserved it and worse. But Tara remained quiet and that seemed to make the woman even more intrigued as she tried to get Tara to confide in her.

“Hi Tara.” Brenda instantly launched into a tirade. “Did I tell you what Brad said to me…?”

‘Brenda and Brad,’ just the names together were disastrous. As Tara politely listened, yet again, to a variation on Brenda’s story, her thoughts turned to Willow. It would be easy to plug that name in to the other woman’s story and make it her own. Except she and Willow had never been ‘together-together’ and really Willow wasn’t like that ‘guy’. If anything, Willow was making an effort.

Thankfully the nurse stood up and getting everyone’s attention cut Brenda’s rant short. Tara took a seat and placed a well-stuffed folder on the table in front of her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Willow, I trust you have everything well in hand.” Giles raised his head towards Willow as she got ready to leave. His other two charges, Buffy and Xander, had already left. He held Willow behind on the pretense of assisting with more research, but it was really to help the poor girl from further badgering from her well-meaning friends.

Willow nodded somberly. I’ve got to get it together. I can help defeat Big Bads and stop apocalypses, right? So, I can help Tara handle a little baby. It’s just a baby, right? She gave him a weak smile before leaving. “Thanks again Giles.”

Responsibility, it is my responsibility. Willow meandered slowly away from Giles’. She felt worn out and dragged her feet, feeling weighted down by all her thoughts and emotions. Tara and a baby. I want to help, I do, and I will.

She walked hazily through town, only half concentrating on her physical state and surroundings.

Stepping into the crosswalk she nearly fell, tripping on the pitted asphalt. She did a half step, stumble, and small twist. Hey! Rubbley roads. Roads need to be fixed… should be fixed. That’s why we pay taxes. So where’s all the money go if they aren’t fixing the roads? Money? How’s Tara going to be able to afford this?

A jock in a UCS sweatshirt stood before her as she stepped up on the sidewalk. She stared at the letters on his chest. Is she going to stay in school? Will she quit?

Tara’s going to have… a baby… my baby! She walked past a slightly older woman, cooing and rocking a stroller while the baby inside cried. Her eyes went wide, and as she passed she turned to watch the woman pick up the wailing child. Tara can’t manage this without help. She just wants me to be supportive and that’s all. But I have to do more than that, ‘cause this really is my screw up. And, she’s my friend… and… well, she’s Tara.

“Do you have a moment to talk?” Lee called out, catching sight of Tara.

“Um, sure.”

“Follow me.” Lee ushered them to a small room. They each took a seat at a small table opposite one another.

“I just wanted to go over a few things with you. We got all your paperwork finished and you easily qualify for both your health insurance and financial assistance.”

Tara nodded. It was a mountain of paperwork that took hours to wade through, but taking everything to the social services office was even worse. It was an experience she wouldn’t easily forget.

“Right. You will be assigned a caseworker and they should contact you soon. Again, you’re all covered for now under the ‘Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women’ up until your fifth month. But, your insurance should kick in well before then to cover you for the rest of your pregnancy.”

“Thanks.” Tara smiled in relief; it was one thing off her mind.

“Ok, any questions so far?”

Tara shook her head.

“So, here’s some information for you about your options at school. There’s a contact number for a counselor in case you need it. You should also talk to your academic advisor regarding your options for continuing your education and financial aid.”

“T-thanks, I….” Tara was surprised, she had mentioned wanting to stay in school only in passing.

Lee continued handing Tara a small appointment reminder card. “So, you have an appointment with Dr. Pfeiffer next week for a real prenatal exam and your first sonogram.” The receptionist joked good-naturedly.

Tara blushed; she had really jumped the gun when she first walked into the clinic. She was so ill-prepared. Her first visit only confirmed her pregnancy and checked her general health. Basically, it got her in the door and set up for what was to come. Tara took the small card, tucking it into her binder sitting on the table.

Lee’s voice dropped slightly. “Tara, I know you were reluctant to talk about the father on your first visit. And I understand, I do… but it would be good to have the father’s health history on record. It’s in the best interest of the baby to have a complete family health history available. You don’t have to name names.” With a small smile, she handed Tara a form.

The ‘father’. Tara let out a long breath. Suddenly thinking about extracting that information from Willow took all the wind out of her. “I-I’ll have the information on my n-next visit. Thanks Lee.”

Willow scanned the grounds as she approached the campus. Even amongst the student body, she immediately spotted Tara cutting across the grass. Something urged her forward and she took off at a brisk pace to catch up.

Tara patted her stomach lightly. All in all, that went well. Informative huh? She was now well armed, with a folder full of information from the Clinic’s prenatal classes. As she crossed campus she had a feeling that Willow was close by.

“Hey, Tara.” Willow jogged up next to Tara.

“Hi W-Willow.” Tara stopped hesitantly. She was still unsure of Willow. Plus, with all the information she had in her hands, this just wasn’t the time or place to get into anything. She clutched the folder protectively.

“Hi. I… I, ah. Do you maybe want to hang out? Maybe I can come over?” Willow smiled wearily as Tara held a binder up against her chest.

She looks as tired as I feel. Tara inspected Willow’s roughened appearance. She wanted to reach over to fix the rumpled collar. She imagined running her fingers along the material up and around Willow’s neck, her fingers grazing across the delicate collarbone and over soft skin. She smiled to herself as a dream came back to her, then she abruptly snapped to. Stop daydreaming. “M-Maybe you should get some rest, or c-cleaned up first?”

Willow noticed something in Tara’s eyes, but couldn’t quite pinpoint it. Instead she looked down at herself, embarrassed. “Yeah, I guess I’m kind of a mess.” She tried to smooth out her clothes, then gave up. “I’m going to have a shower and change, then I’d like to….” She had an urge to somehow bridge the gap between them.

“H-hang out? Ok, but later. I need a nap. I’m a little tired. I’ll call you.”

Willow frowned a bit, but nodded. It used to be so much simpler, she’d ask and Tara would say ‘yes’. But it isn’t simple anymore and Tara has so much to deal with. “Right, a nap and such. I understand. Ok, so later?”

Tara headed back to her room. I did say ‘later’ after all. Willow looked like such a wreck, and when she frowned Tara felt bad. But that’s what got her in this predicament in the first place. She kept putting Willow before her own needs and she just couldn’t anymore.

Not anymore.

DarkWiccan this Giles is for you. “Leave it to Giles” by DW, it’s a rousing good time check it out!

Last edited by Tues on Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:12 am, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:38 am 
4. Extra Flamey

An update well worth the wait. :-D

Quote:
Giles had patiently put up with her brooding for over a month now. He had handled the delicate situation with tact and decorum. But he had had enough. “What do you expect me to say?” His face became serious and he pointed the book at her. “You took it upon yourself to perform a ritual without forethought and without supervision… again. You’ve involved another person in a reckless scheme to rid yourself of your grievous feelings magickally, instead of dealing with them like an adult. You used magick as a means to an end; it was unjustified and selfish.”

Good for Giles. Someone needed to snap Willow into realtity and call her on her selfish behavior.

The contrast between Tara and Willow is so clear in this installment. Just as Tara is pulling things together, making a plan, and feeling a bit better about her situation, Willow is spirling into confusion and fear. Although, it does seem that she's beginning to get an inkling that maybe, just maybe, there is something more about her feelings for Tara.

You're taking an excrutiating path to get them together and I'm sure it will take some time, but I for one am enjoying the ride.

Michelle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:52 am 
3. Flaming O

Again, I'll be the Willow defender and say I think it's easier for her to stay in her selfish mode because she hasn't had a chance to spend much time with Tara and get a feeling for what's going on with her and how this is all affecting her. "Being there for Tara," which is what she thinks she wants to do, is all in the abstract at this point. She hasn't been given the chance to make that concrete. Tara wants some space, and Willow is trying to give it to her. But because of that, she can't exactly step up and take any responsibility.

I get the sense this is going to be a long road for both of them, but I imagine the payoff will be totally worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:52 am 
2. Floating Rose

:dance an update! how exciting!

Willow makes a good father...I say that because most guys i know would have bolted by this point in time...but not Willow, even if she isn't nessicarily wanted, she still pushes, which I think is a good thing, cause if she didn't then Tara wouldn't know that Willow wanted to be invovled, she might think that Willow was bailing. And I don't really have anything constructive for my feedback today...i'm sleepy...and class-bound... but i saw the update and I just had to read it right away...instead of the reading for history...
Also, in regards to Willow being all selfish. I think it's understandable. Tara *has* to deal with the reality of it all, because it's inside of her. It's a lot easier to accept somethign that's happenning to you first hand. Willow doesn't have that, Willow was completely kept out of it for a long time, and she's only seeing things from the eyes of not the one with a kid growing inside of her, and if she isn't selfish now and if she doesn't figure out what everything means to her, then she'll never be able to be there for Tara. She has to come to terms with herself before she can do anything else. Cause if she jsut goes ahead and throws herself into it and is all supportive and ignores her own needs then ultimately she'll lose herself and be no good to Tara or the Baby. I mean.. okay.. sure that's just my opinion...but I like my opinion.

And Tara makes me kinda grumpy...not mad.. but .. grumpy, cause she's all.. pushing away. Pushing away is not the wisest thing to do, cause okay, sure, Tara's the one with the kid, but it's still both of thiers...It's as much Willow's as it is Tara's, and they BOTH need support. Willow doesn't really have much support, since the Scoobies are clueless, and there is Giles, but he can only do so much, and yes i realize Tara is alone too, but she has people there who are helping her, and she has Willow offering everything she has to offer.

Okay... I'm gunna be late for class...whee!
Update soooooon
-Dani

"Must be programmed to self-decrypt at a certain point... That is so annoying! It's like someone blurting out the answer to a riddle just when you've-- I mean Yippee! We have the information." Willow, Primeval

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:56 am 
5. Willowhand

I agree with ShallowLikeUs that Tara is pushing Willow away too much.
If she carries on like this then maybe Willow will stay away forever.

I know - it will never happen! But Tara is beginning to annoy me :happy Willow is trying but Tara doesn't seem to want to give her the chance to show it.

Good update - looking forward to the next one. :bounce

Caz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:27 am 
17. Mega-Witches

Well, TuesBlu, you know you're doing something right when half the feedback thinks that Tara is too hard on Willow and that Willow isn't behaving the right way to Tara! They're both young, and mothers of a child, and probably not quite coping with all the maturity and skills they would want - Willow because she's in self-centered mode and Tara because she's in withdrawl-survival mode.

Also, I have to remember that 4th season Tara is just starting to come out of her shell, and is not all confident in herself like 6th season Tara. And Willow, she hadn't really broadened her horizons either. If I were a freshman/sophomore in college and pregnant, I'm sure I would be a total freak show (in terms of being freaked out) and only focused on myself, nevermind forming any romantic relationship in the meanwhile.

Great update, lots of thinking going on on both sides. Willow is definitely suffering and taking it hard, which is painful but necessary. Tara's on a thought journey as well. They'll get there eventually, I have faith.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:33 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

hehe sooo much angst i love it!!!!!! I just have to let you know that this is deifinitly my favorite story on the board :) I am really enjoying this ride! I feel bad for Willow shes all confused and doesnt know how things will turn out..but i also feel bad for tara cuz shes all alone and is trying to get help..but she shouldve asked willow to come with her for the parenting deal!! Cuz i bet willow wouldve said yes cuz she said she needed to be supportive and wanted to spend more time with tara. So next time tara has that meeting she better ask willow and willow better say yes!! But anyways i gotta get ready for class...blah but update soon plz!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:42 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 12
Tues --

This chapter was so wonderful, and frustrating, and fabulous and heart-wrenching!! I LOVED it!!!

Quote:
Trusty manservant… leave it to Giles

LOL! Thank you!!!! I almost fell off of my chair when I read that! Thanks for that and the plug at the end!

I cannot wait for the next update. I SO hope that Tara actually calls Willow so that they can continue to talk. This stop/start is so arduous. (The sign of an excellent writer with her readers in the palm of her hand).

Cheers
DW[/i]

Challenge Fics!: You Could Be Her ... Glasses ... Graffiti ... Pizza Day

Forbidden Fics?: Check out the Litterbox!

Oops, I made a mythtake... wt4ever

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next