The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Creation Myth
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:14 pm 
5. Willowhand

That was so good! I love Spike in this fic, so funny. More soon please

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

False Euphoria ~~~ Eternity Again

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:56 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... I truly hope that Tara learns that Willow is desperately looking for her.... I really like the Miss Kitty's POV... I like how you show glimpses of Spike's human side like he takes care of miss Kitty when nobody is looking...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:55 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Yay! You updated!! These little teasers are excrutiating! Love your writing. Keep 'em coming please!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:36 am 
4. Extra Flamey

sweet little short fic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:41 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Hehe, I love that Spike secretly likes Miss Kitty, sooooo cute!
Can't wait to read more!!!

Wishing Peace, light and love to everyone.
Tara: 'Can we just skip it? Can, can you just be kissing me now?'
Tara: 'I am you know' Willow: 'What?' Tara 'yours'

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:04 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Can't believe I missed this was updated for awhile. Loved Spike in this, can't wait for more.

"When you run with the Doctor, it feels like it'll never end. But however hard you try you can't run forever. Everybody knows that everybody dies and nobody knows it like the Doctor. But I do think that all the skies of all the worlds might just turn dark if he ever for one moment, accepts it. Everybody knows that everybody dies. But not every day. Not today. Some days are special. Some days are so, so blessed. Some days, nobody dies at all. Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair, and the Doctor comes to call... everybody lives." River Song - "Forest of the Dead"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:32 pm 
3. Flaming O

[center]Happy Holidays Kittens![/center]

I'm much later than I wanted to be with the next part of my story & I usually like to post my replies to feedback before posting a full chapter. Alas, my own tardiness & want to post before the turning of the year (on my side of the world!) precipitates posting my next chapter straight away. I guess this is a place holder for my replies to previous chapter, notes, and snippet. For now I'll keep it short & just thank everyone for still reading & the feedback in general.

Next part in the next few hours... after I format & re-read. Let the countdown for many things begin.

[center]Happy New Years All![/center]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:01 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

yay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:43 pm 
3. Flaming O

[center]Image[/center]
[center]See Chapter One for disclaimers. Thanks again to Starcomed for sticking with me. And to SB for keeping me going.[/center]

Chapter Fifteen – Contractions

“Wwwiillllloooowww!”

- - KNOCK KNOCK- -

“WILLOW DANIELLE ROSENBURG, WAKE UP! And clean up that room. The semester has ended, you’ve only been here a few weeks, and it’s already a disaster!”

THHHUUMMMPP

The blanket slipping from her grasp and left her hands empty as Willow landed unceremoniously on her rear end. “Ooohh.” She moaned and she rubbed her sore butt. Jeans? With some clarity, she realized she was still wearing last night’s clothes. Last night, demon chasing…and dreams, of the not-so-good variety. The bad dreams had been getting worse after the end of the semester. Though she rarely recalled them clearly, she knew they were “bad” because she woke up feeling off-kilter, uneasy, and exhausted.

“Willow!”

“Sheesh, ok Mom. Okay!” Willow grumbled out, and then her voice dropped so only she could hear. “It’s summer and I’ve been up all night searching for a pregnant witch, not to mention, slaying with the Slayer. I can sleep in once and awhile.”

Summer break was usually loads of fun, even with the monster hunting, but not this year. The only blessing seemed to be the absence of Anya’s irritating presence. The ex-demon was ‘around’, just not so much. It made her a bit happier, even if it made Xander cranky. He wasn’t even allowed over to her apartment. It was a sign—there was some hope in the universe.

“I’ve been after you for too long Willow—clean up that room.”

Willow startled upon hearing her mother’s voice right on the other side of her bedroom door. Did she hear me? ‘Pregnant witch, slayer’?!

“Willow, are you listening?”

With a nervous down-turned mouth Willow eked out, “yes.”

“Good, because you won’t be allowed to run about with Bunny and that dark-haired boy until you do. Do you realize what time it is?”

“Time?”

Something clicked in Willow’s brain. Jumping up quickly, she ran to the mirror as her dream filtered back to her in fragments. Oh my god! She examined herself, looking closely for signs that she had aged. Ok it was a dream, it was. She rubbed her eyes. Phantasmal recollections of her dream taunted her, she could not recall any of it in detail.

Okay freaky, Giles, old then young, Dorian Gray-like. Me, older with wrinkles. And Tara’s and my daughter!? Tara was… IS gone, but it hasn’t been that long. How many days has it really been anyway?

It felt like she had been searching for Tara forever.

Last thing I remember from last night, after another night of the slayage, or, er, helping with the slayage was.…

A slightly crumpled Sunnydale map lay on the floor beside her bed. It was marked up and noted evidence of her search. She bent down and reached for the map, placed it on her desk, and smoothed it out.

…looking for Tara. I must have fallen asleep with it.

“Willow?”

Willow huffed at her mother’s incessant banter, then grumbled out, “I heard you Mom.”

“I don’t know what’s gotten into you lately?” Sheila’s voice softened. “You’ve never been a messy child, you’ve always been tidy and incredibly neat. Is it that Bunny girl?”

“No mom, it’s not B-U-F-F-Y.” Willow said the name slowly, enunciating very carefully. Her voice dropped as she muttered out the side of her mouth, “Sooooo, not Buffy.”

“Well, there’s cereal, bagels, fruit in kitchen whenever you get hungry. You’re dad will be home tonight. I’m going out in an hour to run errands, and….”

There was a momentary pause in her mother’s rambling that caused Willow to stop what she was doing. Her mother had a tendency to talk on and over everyone and everything. Willow’s brow creased, waiting in anticipation for what was surely to be another lecture.

Sheila’s voice filtered gently through the doorway, “Willow, if there’s something you need, or want to talk to me about, anything you want to discuss….”

It was a bit surprising and Willow didn’t know what to say. Part of her wanted to open up, tell her mother everything, get it all out in the open. The other part of her held back; not trusting her mother to comprehend or understand. She opened her mouth, and then closed it quickly, biting down on her lip and shaking her head.

The moment was gone.

Sheila let out a low breathe of defeat, the corners of her mouth downturned, “alright Willow.”

Willow was left with the sound of her mother’s retreating footsteps. Dumbfounded, she slumped back to her mundane chore. Her room was truly a wreck; she had barely unpacked after moving back home from the dorms. It was time to tidy up, but it was difficult to know where to begin. Start simple. Clothes. Picking up a pile of clothes closest to her was the most reasonable choice and she wrinkled her nose at the stale dusty odor of the graveyard she smelled on them.

Eww, that was one nasty vampire nest. How is that we can find all these Hellmouth baddies and not one pregnant witch?

Again she glanced at a Sunnydale map now sitting on her desk. In the past week the map had covered the basics in searching for the missing young woman, but it yielded nothing. It was the worst time for Tara to have left; so much was happening. It was the end of the semester craziness—finals, all the students had to leave the dorms, she and Buffy had to orchestrate moving back home, and there were still the Hellmouth to watch over. So here she was, back at her parent’s house. It felt so strange to be back. This definite point in her past had never really changed—her childhood bedroom. Willow looked around her messy but comfortable room filled with old trophies and ribbons, silly posters, lacy beddings with matching curtains, and white princess-styled furniture. She had outgrown it all.

Idly, she wondered what Tara’s childhood room had looked like. Her friend had barely mentioned home. It was inferred that there were no familial ties that bound Tara to return there. The apron strings had been severed with the death of her mother. Tara had made it abundantly clear that she would NOT go home pregnant.

Right?? Did that change now…because of everything between us? Did she go home too? Where is her home? How come I don’t know that, after all the time we spent together, I don’t know? Will she come back again? She said she was going to finish college no matter what.

Tara had mentioned life after the semester, what she had to do, might have to do.

And, what did I offer her?

Willow was so conveniently situated, but where was Tara?

Is she ok? Safe?

-------------------------------------------------------

The end of the semester was just around the corner. Willow watched as Tara tidied up her room, though it was already neat. Too neat; things were unmistakably packed, folded, and stacked. Plus, her pregnant friend was extra quiet.

Tara had tested the waters with Willow by hinting just a little about the summer break. She didn’t expect anything, but wanted to give Willow an idea of what she was going to do without pressuring the girl. And Tara’s plans? They were tenuous and dependent on many factors. Courtesy of the many single mothers’ resources Lee had given her, she was waiting anxiously on the possibility of housing. There was reason to worry—she may not get the assistance in time. There might be a period of overlap where she might between places. Homeless…it’s not like I haven’t been before…but homeless and pregnant?

Willow was sitting on the floor with her legs crossed, nervously flicking at a small crumpled piece of paper at her knees. “Tara?”

“Hmmm?” Tara continued at her task, what to pack and keep, and what to leave or give away. She never had much, so it was relatively easy.

“Are you sure, about the housing? I mean, you said it was a ‘strong possibility’, which still leaves the ‘not-so-strong’ part. Meaning, in that equation there’s that small part that you may not get it. The housing. Because you can’t stay in the dorms, right?” Willow frowned at the idea. Besides, a dorm is no place for a baby; too noisy and too many parties. Of course she can’t stay here with a baby. Is there some kind of anti-baby zoning law in the dorms?

Despite her misgivings and tendency to be realistic, Tara did not want to alarm Willow, “I’m sure it will work out.” She wanted to change the subject and portray, at least to Willow, that everything was ok. Things would continue as normally as possible. “What about next semester? What are you thinking…classes? You still need an elective. How about... Sophomore Level Psychology?”

“Oh. Kinda psyched out since Professor Walsh. Maybe something fun, like drama. I could be dramatic,” Willow grinned and quickly got up, moving towards Tara. A sudden playfulness over came her and she wanted to make Tara smile, something to pull the young woman away from such a prosaic and depressing task. Willow hated seeing people packing, getting ready to go. Turning her friend around, she kneeled down before her and cupped her hand between her mouth and Tara’s belly. With exaggerated dramatic flare she sang out, “you cannot have any more watermelon and ice cream! You have a melon-cream problem!”

It was so endearing, Tara laughed. “Definitely drama.” Without hesitation, she gently placed her hand upon the kneeling woman’s head, caressing through the red tresses. The warmth of the playful gesture was so spontaneous that it could only be sincere. There was that nagging thought in Tara and she hated thinking it, but she did. Willow was always trying so hard to be good that it was forced. But, right here, right now, it all seemed easy again—it was the first time Willow spoke directly to the baby.

Willow rested her cheek lightly on Tara’s stomach. It felt so comforting there and she relaxed, but her mind circled back to the previous topic. “I haven't even dealt with the housing situation yet. You really haven’t heard anything back yet? I hear there are some off-campus places that are way cool for groups to, you know, go in on.”

She wants me to live with a bunch of people? Strangers? Or does she mean her, living with…her? Tara didn’t want to read anything into what Willow may or may not be saying. “Oh, I just figured you'd be dorming it up with Buffy again.”

“Well, we haven't really talked about it. I used to assume we'd be roomies through grad school well into little old lady hood. You know, cheating at bingo together and forgetting to take our pills.” Willow chuckled a little. Though the idea still seemed credible, she now pictured Tara there too.

Tara ran her hand through Willow’s hair once more, “But?”

Willow’s voice became wispy; she closed her eyes, feeling Tara’s gentle touch on her. “But . . . I don't know. It hardly feels like we're roomies now. I mean, she's busy with Riley and I'm gone a lot too.” She opened her eyes, peering up at Tara.

An awkwardness hung between them.

Pulling away completely, Willow sat back on her haunches, a look of frustration and apprehension played across her face. “I guess I should ask her.” She turned away from Tara.

Tara’s eyes saddened as she felt Willow’s hair slip through her fingers.

-------------------------------------------------------

What Willow had wanted to do at that moment was ask Tara to be her roommate. In fact, before the pregnancy, she had been toying with the idea—Tara, her new roomie. Buffy spent so much time away and with Riley, they were hardly roommates anyway. The baby shouldn’t have changed that, but it did.

She had to find Tara, in the meantime….

Willow looked up at the mirror giving her reflection a determined stare and a sure nod. She turned toward her door and called out as she opened it, “Mom! I need to talk to you!!”

------------------------------------------------

“Maybe… I think… it’s better, you know. Better for Willow that Tara’s gone,” Xander thought aloud while walking Anya back to her apartment. Lately they hadn’t been spending much time together and he was hoping for a little extra ‘special time’ with her. The date had gone really well, until now.

“What? That’s the most misogynistic thing you could say. I’ve cursed men for less!” Anya turned to face him abruptly, blocking the steps to her apartment.

“Whoa now. Whoa. You know I’m not a woman-hater; I’m a woman-lover. And a Wiccan-lover. I love the witches, the good kind, not the evil kind.”

“Those are warlocks.” Coldly she turned away, quick-stepping up the short stairway.

“Right, well you know what I mean.” He was trying to salvage the situation for the sake of ‘special time’. He smiled charmingly, watching her hips sway as he followed after her. Situation saved.

Anya whipped around to face him again. Crossing her arms and giving him her most adamant look while she stood as still as a barricade before the front door, she said, “No Xander, you can’t.”

“Why can’t I come up? I mean, I know my parent’s basement has all the benefits of mom offering snack time, but….” Xander tried again with sarcastic charm.

Anya just shook her head.

“Boy, if I didn’t know any better.... At least let me walk you all the way up to your apartment,” he grinned, standing outside the door of her apartment complex. “It’s the gentlemanly thing to do and I’m a man, that’s gentle, though manly.”

“No.”

“Alright, alright, sheesh, what’s a guy gotta do? Hey, that’s new.” Xander peered at the new alarm system, comprised of buttons and an intercom on Anya’s building.

“It is! Amazing what you can convince a landlord to do with a little….” Anya visibly beamed at the shiny new man-made security device.

“…blackmail?” Xander quizzed.

“I like to call it ‘negotiating’. It’s not my fault he was neglectful of his property, he simply should have taken better care of business. And I was just reminding him of his obligations. He even hired a handyman, Ewan! Did you know, garbage chutes are amazing.” Anya turned her back to Xander shielding the alarm from him as she punched in a code that sang out a series of beeps. She turned back to him and smiled broadly as the door buzzed loudly and then clicked mechanically. Pushing against the arm of the door, she held it aloft and bid Xander closer.

The non-sequitur caught Xander off guard, but he grinned when Anya beckoned him. Lucky me, charm works every time! Then he felt Anya’s hand on his chest holding him at bay. Aannnnndd maybe not? He quizzically peered at her. “Um, wha?”

“Presents….” Anya kissed him lightly on the cheek, it was the least he could do. Plus, he had insulted Tara, “…and groveling.” It worked for Tara.

“Huh?” Dazed, Xander just stood there with his mouth hung slightly open.

With a chirpy satisfied reply, “that’s what a guy has to do!” Anya quickly turned and entered the building, leaving him standing there slack-jawed and peering up towards her apartment.

Xander blinked. Something seemed to move in Anya’s window, or was he imaging it? What the? That can’t be Anya, she was just here? Blinking again, he stared harder trying to focus on the windows above, but he was unable to discern anything. Frustrated and with night approaching, he turned away mumbling to himself while walking. “I mean, one little comment about a pregnant witch…. If I’d known it was such a touchy subject….” Presents and begging? I guess another “sorry” won’t do.

---

Anya knocked on her door twice and then announced, “capitalism.” With key in hand she waited, but quickly called out once more. “Capitalism!” Vexed and annoyed, she put the key into the lock and announced while walking in, “Tara I’m back. Why didn’t you answer our code word. What if I were a vampire… or Willow? Oh. Hi ‘Tip’.”

“Her name is ‘Miss Kitty’, Anya.”

“I still like ‘Tip’ better.”

“Technically it’s still daytime—no vampires. A demon Id’ve taken care of it,” Spike called out from the couch, not turning his head away from the television. He had spent the day with the soft-spoken witch on the premise of watching his soaps on a bigger telly in exchange for playing guard dog. “If you were Red, I wouldn’ta let you in. Not that she’d be coming over here.” There was well-known dislike between the ex-demon and the red-haired girl, even before Tara. “Wuz this about a password?”

“See, she’s supposed to answer ‘free enterprise’, then I say ‘supply and demand’, and THEN Tara knows it’s safe.”

“You know, you don’t have to do that. I mean who else would be coming up AND unlocking the door?” Tara laughed good-naturedly from the couch. “Especially with that all the security systems you have around here.”

“Well, you can never be too careful. A home should be safe,” Anya nodded with assurance as she took a seat next to her friend. There was a myriad of protection and non-detection spells to ward off anyone, or to keep one hidden within. Intricate magicks were taken to weave the safekeeping enchantments inside and outside of the apartment. The truth about being an ex-vengence demon was that you weren’t loved on either side of the fence—demon or human. Anya was quite alone with the exception of Xander and, by proxy, the ‘gang’. That was until Tara had become her best friend, then Spike, by extension, her ally. Any man that she had eternally cursed might come after her, any supernatural force that wished her harm now could inflict it upon her. Bodily, she was human. Without the protection of immortality, nor the guardianship of D’Hofferyn, she was an easy target. Centuries had taught her well; she knew what spells would employ safety and discretion. Her home was a magickally safe haven—no detection spells, no trespassing, no entry without invitation. By comparison, adjusting to being human once more was infinitely more difficult. “So when are you talking to Willow?” Humans were definitely too complicated for their own good.

“I…” It was a conversation that had come up more than a few times. Tara knew she would have to deal with the Willow-issue soon, if only to let the her know she was safe. Anya had filled her in on the fact that Oz had been sent away for her and the baby’s sake. That’s exactly what she didn’t want to happen. Though the ex-demon did her best to convince her that it was a willing choice on the redhead’s part, the mere fact of it made Tara feel guilty. Willow loved Oz. Her stomach seemed too close to her bladder as her belly swelled outward, finding a comfortable way to sit was just not in the cards as she shifted into a new position.

“Aww, leave her be. Granted Red is the most biteable of the bunch, but if Tara doesn’t want anything to do with ‘em, that’s her business.” Spike was quick to Tara’s defense and received a scowl from Anya in return. It was obvious to him, from Tara’s recounting during their afternoons together, that the redhead wasn’t too keen on the baby.

“Fine… for now.” There was no use fighting with Spike over this and Tara could so easily fall into one of her self-deprecating, reflective moods. It was better to change the subject to cheerier things. “Well I utilized one of your techniques today!”

Tara only peered at her curiously while shifting around, hoping to find a better position to alleviate the tightening feeling in her abdomen. “Techniques?” Her brow raised in concern, Anya was sometimes unpredictable.

“Yes. Xander should be delivering me things, though I made sure to specify presents with the begging, not food. I can get food!” The ex-demon spoke brightly. “I hope he gets me something good, he owes me for breaking several dates.” She narrowed her eyes.

Spike laughed a bit manically, “I like the way you think.”

“Anya! You know I never asked W-Willow to do that for me. The presents or the food, she just d-did it,” Tara shook her head. Relaying her story about Willow’s attempts to make amends had obviously been taken out of context. “A-and wasn’t your last broken date with Xander over a few w-weeks ago?” It was the very day Anya had come to her rescue—a day not so easily forgotten.

“Of course Willow just ‘did it’, even if she’s clueless, she’s a woman. Men need more instruction.” Anya crossed her arms over her chest. “Yes, it was awhile ago and he’s made no attempts to reconcile. He needs to make it up to me. Do you know how many dates he’s broken because of some demon or emergency or….” She waved her hands about emphatically.

Tara only shook her head again, laughing lightly.

Spike peered at Tara sideways, “You’re not as goody-goody as you make yourself out to be.” She had definitely grown on him and he hated to admit it.

Catching his eyes, Tara only smiled sweetly.

“And, I was defending your honor!” Anya lifted her chin out proudly, as any best friend could.

That got his attention, Spike sat up straight with his jaw pulled tight.

“W-what did he s-say?” Tara worriedly inquired.

------

“Hey Xander.” Willow examined him closely as he took a seat next to her. She had finally finished cleaning her room and was ready for an evening with her friends. “You look about as bad as I feel.” She pushed a mocha towards him. “Here. You look like a man in the need of a good sugar and caffeine pick-me-up.”

Just then Buffy bounced into the Espresso Pump for another round of the ‘find-Tara meeting’. “Whoa, what is this, depression-table?” She noted the matching dark moods of her friends. “Hello ‘glum,’ meet ‘grumpy’.”

Xander kept his head bent towards the table. He didn’t want to bring anything up; Willow’s current dilemma certainly overrode his hormonal one. The three friends had finally come back together as the true Scooby team and he wanted to be supportive of his best friend. But things were just so…sooo weird between him and Anya lately. Not that he could every really anticipate what the woman might say or be thinking, that was part of her charm. But they had always had a very good physical relationship, but now she was standoffish, running hot and then cold. Why wasn’t he allowed overnight anymore? Did she maybe, possibly, have someone else? Maybe he had broken too many dates? But, didn’t they finally become an official couple? They had and it had come with all kinds of special privileges, but suddenly and with hardly any explanation, they were taken away. He sighed heavily and then took a long pull from the offered mocha.

Both girls gave him a curious sideways look.

“Tired…worried, you know, missing pregnant witch….” Xander knew the topic would draw attention away from him.

If possible, the mood of the table worsened. They were all concerned about Tara and the baby.

“I’ve checked all the bus and train schedules leaving Sunnydale again. Flights, airports, even with a little computer hacking, no ‘Tara’s’ or ‘T. Maclays’ or ‘T.M’s’ on the passenger list.” Willow slumped a bit. “Checked with the clinic that Tara goes to….” Her face soured, recalling the cold reception Lee had given her. It was like the nurse knew something had happened between the girls, like she knewWillow had done something wrong. I’m just feeling overly sensitive, ‘guilt’ is no one’s friend. “…nothing.” She closed her eyes again. Even their little locater spell yielded nothing. The little light did nothing more than bob up and down in front of her. Her stomach rumbled and her eyes flew open, embarrassed by the sound. “Sorry, too much coffee.” She patted her belly that suddenly clamped down into knots.

“Giles did the ‘dad-missing-daughter’ routine, spoke to all the ticket people. Showed them her picture and everything. No one fitting Tara’s description bought a ticket.” Xander tapped his foot nervously.

“Doesn’t mean she couldn’t have someone else buy the ticket for her.” Willow’s brow knotted. Would Tara really be that desperate to get away from me?

Buffy nodded. “True.” There was another possibility, one that no one was willing to broach, one that she and Giles had talked about. What if Tara met some kind of bad? “I’m going to do a bit of demon-Hellmouth recon myself, then we rendezvous?” ‘Recon’, ‘rendezvous’? I’ve been hanging out with Riley too much, probably best that he’s back in Idaho for the summer.

“You think… maybe?” Willow’s voice began to rise. She was convinced it was a near impossibility that anything Hellmouthy would have gotten Tara, given the way the pregnant woman had handled Oz. But that wasn’t just her alone, I was there. We stopped Oz, WE, us, two. Shaking her head to push the thought away, she needed to hold on to that—Tara and the baby had to be safe. No, Tara’s smart and she… she… wouldn’t let anything happen… no!

Xander put his arm around her, knowing precisely what Willow was thinking. “Nothing’s happened, nothing. We’re on it. Right Buff?”

“Yeah, it’s ok Will, just a bit of fact gathering.” Though Buffy’s words were full of confidence, her tone was grim. “Listen, let me do some quick rounds and we’ll meet up again later, right?”

"We can come along you know."

"No, you guys finish your mochas." You need it!

The sorrowful twosome only nodded their heads.

With Buffy gone, Willow concentrated on Xander. “Ok, what’s going on?” It was her turn to be a friend.

He took a deep breath. “Well….” It seemed petty, but he continued.

----------------

With every stride towards the graveyard Buffy grew increasingly aggressive. There were hardly any vampires or demons to slay lately and that always seemed to be the case with summer. Is summer some kind of off-season? A demon holiday, do they go on vacation? She idly wondered, to stave off her anxiety. Truly, she was more worried than she had led anyone to believe. And though Willow and Xander volunteered to come along, she knew it was best to do this alone.

The talk she had earlier with Giles didn’t help. He suggested that anything could have happened. They had to at least entertain the unwelcome thought that a more sinister fate may have befallen the wayward pregnant woman. A ‘sinister fate’ in the form of something Hellmouthy made her ill.

---

“I’m sure we’re just projecting.”

“You just said what you said though, so I’m not ‘projecting’, you are. And now I’m worried AND I sound like Willow!” Buffy frowned. “How am I supposed to take that?”

Giles looked at her questioningly.

“I’m talking about the ‘projecting’ and the ‘worrying’, not the ‘sounding like Willow’ part.”

“Yes, well.” Giles adjusted his glasses. “What I am proposing is something we must consider. ‘Something’ or someone might have Tara. A pregnancy of this kind is incredibly rare, the mystical powers… the possibilities of using Tara or the child, or worse yet, the baby in womb….”

Buffy shuddered and cut Giles off. “I get it, I get it… super magicks and someone wanting that, using Tara… or, or… even the baby….” The thought made her sick.

Giles continued in an even tone. “The natural development of a child within the mother is a powerful natural force, the growth, the cycle… and the link to both parents who happen to….”

“I know, I know!”

Giles nodded. “It is a fact we must consider.”

---

A half empty bottle of whisky later, Spike lay restless in his crypt. After spending most of the day with Tara, he needed a “palate cleanser”. Recently he had been spending the days with her and, occasionally, Anya. The evenings he left the girls on their own… mostly. Often times he wandered back, stayed in the shadows, and kept watch from a distance. It made sense. No one looked for him during the day, usually. And, at night he could make the rounds, keep track of the Scoobies, and be “seen”. He had a reputation to protect and no one would suspect he was keeping company with a harmless ex-demon and Glenda the Good Witch in the daylight hours.

“Fer fuck’s sake… not much of a ‘Big Bad’, chipped and hanging out with two birds. One so sweet my teeth could just rot….” He muttered to himself and took another slug of liquor. As he leveled out the bottle, he peered around his dreary crypt and shook his head. Even Tara’s cat seemed to take to him too.

Suddenly he let out a laugh, recalling how innocently Tara had asked him how he had known she was pregnant.

“It’s in the blood, i’nt it?” He shook the bottle towards a wall as if he were addressing Tara. Some of the amber colored liquid splashed out and onto his wrist. He licked it. “Right there, just under the skin… it’s in the blood.” Involuntarily he licked his lips.

Then he cracked a wicked grin and cackled out again, remembering Anya’s response and Tara’s shock at her frankness. “Yes, he can smell you, placental blood has a very strong and distinct odor. I imagine it must be intensified because of the combination of you and Willow, like a Wiccan-blood cocktail.”

Spike drooped slightly, “can’t help it.” He took a deep breath through his nose and sat up, back ridged and shoulders straight. “I just like ‘em, both of ‘em. The damned cat too. So bollix it!” Jumping agilely on top of a marble tomb, he turned and dropped into a sitting position sifting around until he found a place suitable to sit, the bottle clanking against the stone.

His ears picked up soft footsteps approaching. He merely sneered expectantly, leaned down low and set the bottle on the cold cement floor as the Slayer burst through the door.

“Spike, I need information, any information. Tara, you know her—wiccan, quiet, shy-type, long straight hair, blue eyes, about this tall.” Buffy held her hand a few inches above her head, looked up at her hand, pouted, and raised it another inch.

“Don’t you people ever knock?”

“Have you seen her, heard anything?” Buffy was all business.

Spike looked at her coolly. “Missing, huh?”

“Yeah, so?” She wrinkled her nose, repulsed by the obvious smell of drunkenness.

“So? So what’s it to you? Not exactly a main player in the Scoobie gang, now is she?” His animosity was evident.

Though confused by his questions, Buffy narrowed her eyes at him angrily. “Have you, or have you NOT got anything for me? I need to know and I need to know now.” She was worried, but she couldn’t let it show. Spike enjoyed other people’s suffering and pain too much and she didn’t want to tip her hand that pregnant-missing-Tara was truly upsetting. “She’s missing and we want to find her that's all.”

Spike was holding aces. Of course he knew where Tara was, but they didn’t deserve her company nor did she want theirs. His eyes shifted sideways towards her. “Yea? Well, I’ve got a lot of nothin’ for you.” Secrets were something he could keep.

Disgusted, Buffy merely turned away. Before she left she dropped her last card. Sympathy was something Spike would never respond too, so she couldn’t appeal to him that way. But money—money was always enticing to him. “Let me know if you hear anything. We’ll pay, and pay big. Let your connections know too.”

“Well then, I’ll let you know if I hear anything,” he snorted and watched her leave. Slithering off of his stone seat, he landed gracefully on both feet. With a quick jerk from his head to his toe he shook the liquor from his frame. He’d make a few usual rounds for show then go over to the girls; they needed to know that the stakes had been raised.

----------------

They had just finished dinner and Tara was finishing the dishes. Generally it was just her and Anya, sometimes Spike stayed, most often he did not. It was a bit uncomfortable for her, eating food while he drank blood. It put a whole new spin on pregnancy queasiness.

“Tara, I’m taking the trash out.” Anya was quite tidy, even if the task of cleaning was boring. But, Tara’s recent introduction of what the small leaded door in the hallway was really for made taking the trash out enjoyable. She had always assumed it was for the elves to come into this dimension. It was a safe assumption; it was after all a small metallic door connected to a long dark metal tunnel, they couldn’t gnaw through that! She was astounded the first time Tara dropped a bundle of trash down the chute, when all this time she had been walking it down the stairs and out the back door.

“Ok. Mind Ms. Kitty,” Tara called out as she dried her hands on a towel.

“Yes, of course.” Anya stopped to face the cat and bent down, pointing her finger at the small beast, “‘Tip’, you stay here. You’ve gotten me in trouble before.” Carefully keeping an eye on the little animal for a moment to make sure it stayed still, she turned to go.

After waiting mere seconds Ms. Kitty slinked out the door right after Anya.

“Ms. Kitty!” Rounding the corner, Tara just caught sight of the oh-so sneaky cat’s tail as it wisped out the closing door. “Anya!”

“Ms. Jenkins, as per your request, I changed the front door’s code once more.” Ewan, the building’s resident repairman, meandered past her, not bothering to actually stop for a conversation.

“Wonderful, you can’t be too careful these days. You know, this garbage chute is such a fantastic invention!” It was as if the trash magically disappeared. Anya stood there clapping her hands together joyfully as the superintendent continued by without further comment. Her mood quickly sifted when she heard Tara calling down the hall and she turned her head in time to spy the small black creature disappearing nimbly down the hallway after the superintendent. “Oh, what did I say about not getting me in trouble!” she groused as she bolted after the kitten.

“Ms. Kitty, you come back here!” Though pregnant, Tara was still fairly spry and followed after Anya as best she could.

---

“Are you sure about this?” Xander was uneasy carrying an armful of flowers in one hand and a small box in the other.

“Yes, I’m sure. I mean it worked for me. Sort of,” Willow nodded sadly and grumbled to herself, “…until I messed up again.” She snapped out of it. “Go on, ring the doorbell.”

“Who would turn down such a great present anyway? Plus flowers! I wouldn’t!” Buffy pushed him towards the building.

“Of course you wouldn’t. You picked everything out.” Xander shot back looking over his shoulder at his friends.

“Hey, you said you needed our help and I’m a good shopper!” Buffy put her hands on her hips and cocked her head, raising her eyebrows at him. A quick trip to the jewelry store for some good-Samaritan-by-proxy shopping therapy, plus a decent dinner, and an evening at the Bronze would hopefully liven everyone up.

Willow only nodded. “She is good at shopping.” Brave, happy face, help your best buddy. Again, nothing, no leads to finding Tara. At the very least they could help Xander, even if she thought he was better off without Anya. “Go.” She pointed at the door that had just begun to open, but noticed the Slayer had left her side. “Buffy?”

---

Spike just had time to hide in the nearby bushes before the Scoobies arrived. Sitting low and still, he was trying to figure out a way to alert the girls to stay inside.

There was the unmistakable sound of the apartment’s front door unlocking. It was only a few feet away.

Spike hadn’t prayed in a long time, but he prayed it wasn’t Tara. Hoping to cause a distraction and simultaneously warn the girls, he decided that action was the only order.

---

Something was lurking nearby and Buffy wasn’t about to let whatever it was ruin their evening. It precipitated her stealthy move just to an area near the front door.

---

Ms. Kitty ran toward the building’s front lobby, the Loud One somewhere behind her and Miss further back. The building’s man was just down the corridor opening the front door.

---

His hearing picking up Anya’s running footsteps, Spike bolted for the door hoping his timing was just right. He knew the damned cat was on the loose…again.

---

Unfortunately the Slayer’s timing was just as good.

---

The superintendent recognized the impact that seemed destined to happen and did not want to be in the middle of it. The door was already ajar, the cat on the move, the demanding tenant in chase, the tenants’ acquaintances on the other side. He planted himself firm against a wall waiting for everyone to pass him by and eyed the rear exit.

---

“Cat!”

“Spike?”

“Buffy.”

“TIP!”

“Anya?”

“Xander!”

Tara could only see Anya barreling down the hallway, Ewan getting out of the way, and Spike just in the frame of the doorway. Being pregnant had definitely slowed her down.

The action was frantic and confusing. Willow’s heart quickened with all the commotion and her tummy shuddered once more. She didn’t know what to do. Bewildered by a small black cat coming through the door and Spike’s obvious attempt to catch it, followed by Buffy tackling the vampire, Anya tripping over the two, then landing into Xander’s arms, who dropped everything he was holding to catch the flailing woman. It was a Hellmouth train wreck.

“Anya, Spike… did you catch n-naughty Miss Kitty?” Tara was nearly out of breath, but amused by the innocent antics. She was completely unaware of the scene just outside.

Willow’s eyes shot wide open suddenly recognizing the voice drifting from within. Surprise and anxiousness etched across her brow as she moved with great purpose to get closer. Nearing, she froze in place as knots suddenly tensed in her stomach. Stumbling over her feet as she came to a stop, she doubled over slightly, but forced her head up as her stomach again wrenched and twisted.

Holding her side, Tara burst through the doorway with her eyes cast downward in semi-exertion and partially laughing, but something was ‘off’. There was a noticeable element of apprehension in the air and her expression changed quickly as she lifted her head. The slight cramp in her side grew larger. All eyes were upon her.

“Tara?”

“W-Willow.”

-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------
finally! & whew!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:30 pm 
2. Floating Rose

boyaah! update! happy new year indeed!^_^

I love that spike has grown fond of tara, she's a lovable character.
nice touch on the name calling, kinda reminded me of Game of Love there a second. FINALLY! she found her!

I wonder what willow told/asked her mom.

formerly nothingtosay.Shameless Self Promotion
i have a bad habit of bumping up REALLY OLD UNFINISHED stories....sorry in advance.
Looking for Beta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:57 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Big yay for Willow finding Tara. I hope Tara doesn't react badly to Willow's presence... I guess Anya and Spike are going to be in Willow's shit list for quite some time...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

Last edited by Zampsa1975 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:30 am 
2. Floating Rose

YAY Reunited! What a Happy New Year it has been so far. Great Update. :D

"When you run with the Doctor, it feels like it'll never end. But however hard you try you can't run forever. Everybody knows that everybody dies and nobody knows it like the Doctor. But I do think that all the skies of all the worlds might just turn dark if he ever for one moment, accepts it. Everybody knows that everybody dies. But not every day. Not today. Some days are special. Some days are so, so blessed. Some days, nobody dies at all. Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair, and the Doctor comes to call... everybody lives." River Song - "Forest of the Dead"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:51 am 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

Topics: 1
Woohooo yay New year's update :D That's quite the double cliffhanger you left us to *meanie* I wonder what did Willow ask her mother....and how Tara will react to the gang being there.
Cheers ^^

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:23 am 
4. Extra Flamey

yes sweet update loved i can't wait for more

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:19 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

YAY!!! for the update. Thanks!!! I love this story!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:48 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Wow. Wow. And double Wow again. Finally they meet again. Poor Willow. I really pitted her after Tara leaving without a word - again someone did that to her. Must be hard. I think it might take Willow a long time to forgive.

You are such a wonderful evil person. Thanks for updating the story. The end was really funny with a wonderful but oh so evil cliffhanger. Now we have to wonder what will happen between our lovely witches. I just wish you are able to give us more soon. Please...

I do love the way Anya behaves. She is a pretty good friend to Tara - even trying to convince her about the talking to Willow thing. And the way she handles Xander? Hilarious. That kinda made it her fault bringing the Scoobies on Tara's track. The password thing was also wonderful. So Anya.

But I have to admit that Spike annoys me like always. He acts like a sixteen year old boy with his the-scoobies-are-so-mean-to-me-behaviour. At least he is 125 years or more old. He should behave more grown-upy. But your characterisation skills are wonderful. Each character - and also Spike - is his own and also cannon. Spike always annoyed me after getting the chip.

Tara did annoy me a bit, too. She should give Willow a chance. It's not Willow's fault that Tara's in love with her. And she really cares for the baby. Even if she has doubts about being a good parent. She is really young. Must be shocking being a mother this young. Tara is the one pregnant. So kinda made it easier for her accepting the responsibiltys.

Big questionmarks hanging all over the ending. Did Willow tell her mother about Tara? Maybe that she wants to be her girlfriend. I wonder if Willow finally go a clue about her and Tara.

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to the next update.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:53 am 
10. Troll Hammer

What a way to start off the new year. I'm so happy for this update...I'm all smiles right now. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:17 am 
3. Flaming O

Wow is RIGHT! Thank you for a great update! I am SO grateful for an update to this story! Will come back with more comments once I've had a chance to process all this and put my thoughts together outside of the "work day".

Love it though, that is for sure! :love

-annie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:08 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Glad that they all know that Tara is alive and safe now. Looking forward to how Tara, Anya, and Spike are going to explain this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:57 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 3
Tues, you sneaky kitty! Quite a cliffhanger you left us with!

I loved how real the characters felt in this installment (and all the previous ones!). Spike would hate to hear this, but he's very "human" in this portrayal (for lack of a better word). I can't believe Anya hasn't let the cat out of the bag yet, but I'm sure she has her motivations for keeping quiet. I have a sneaking suspicion Xander won't be too happy to learn the reason why he's been kept out of the apartment--he'll probably blame the recent lack of orgasms at least partially on Tara getting pregnant. Poor Willow! So confused about how she feels, and she doesn't even know how to start to tell Tara what she's going through emotionally (I'm sure she doesn't even know, at least at this point). I think it's love, though :wink. Buffy shows the usual mother hen-type concern for her fellow Scoobies--gotta love that! And Tara's proving her sweet self to everyone (I would expect no less!).

I'm hooked and can't wait for the next update! Please, please, pretty please, make it soon???

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:24 am 
5. Willowhand

Ooooh. Nice. How's everyone gonna explain that, and exactly how mad is Willow going to get? I predict- very very. I think it will be worst for Anya, since she sees how hard Willow's trying to find Tara and she isn't evil like Spike. Can't wait for more!

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

False Euphoria ~~~ Eternity Again

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:38 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Quite the cliffhanger ;-)

It will be interesting how open the group will be to Anya's explanation.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:27 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

YAY, update! And YAY, Willow found her! I'm so glad I decided to wander over here today. :love

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:20 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I was glad to see this update.

It'll be interesting to see how the group responds to this little situation, and the revelation that Tara has been with Anya all this time. It's gonna be Tara's turn to do a little groveling, methinks...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:45 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I just started reading and i could not stop. I am new to this page and I am still trying to figure things out. but i wanted to let you know i love the story and i wanted to ask when do you update?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:46 am 
12. Recently Gay

That was awesome Tues!
Poor Willow, I nope Tara and Willow sort something out.
Please please update soon!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:31 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

hey tues,
ive finished youre fic in one go and its sooooooo gooooodddd
please update soon :D

:pray :pray :pray :pray

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:27 am 
12. Recently Gay

Hey Tues, how's it going?
Hope an update is on the way!

Xx Rachel xX

:peace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:08 pm 
3. Flaming O

Oww. I love the story.
:peace

But really, can you just update again. I need, really need a new update.

You are Killing me. I'm not good in waiting..
:pray

PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pray :pray :pray :pray

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:23 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I love this story. I like the pregnancy scenes, where Willow and Tara are so in-sync and Tara's responses to her. I like that dream with the girl as well. She seemed to have the best of both of them. Personally, I like how she looked. Future-baby going to look like that? Anyway, great chapters and notes and the snippets from Miss Kitty. Anyway, hope you continue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next