The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic: Coming Back (Updated 7/10/05)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:22 pm 
9. Gay Now

Hey Car,

I've just read your fic and had to let you know I'm loving it. My gf's dad is also of a military background and I'm just glad that he only moved her around before we met. Phew.

I love your writing style and it's great to be able to read something of yours that isn't feedback but actual fic. :P I hope things work out well for the girls!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:47 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Okay, so I’m getting this update posted earlier than I had expected. Go me! Actually, it’s because this update isn’t quite as long as the first two. I will try to make up for this by attempting to have another update by the end of the weekend. Operative word…”attempt”. I’ll do my damnedest, Kittens, but I make no promises. (But, knowing how I am as a reader, I want updates NOW…so I’ll really try hard to put on my “reader” cap while I’m in “writer” mode.)
[hr]
LesbianJedi87
[blockquote]
Quote:
TORNADO WILLOW!!! hahaha...I loved this update!!! Its sad cause Tara with the leaving, but cute...argh the promise...so cute...and Tornado Willow reminds me of well...me when Im going out and have nothing wear! hehe Thanks so much for not taking ages to update!!! This was just awesome!!!!! You are doing just a great job! Update soon ppplease!!!

Wow, Rose! Thank you so much! I’m really happy you’re still enjoying my little foray into writing fiction. I’m very much the same way when I go out (HA! Okay, so that doesn’t happen much.), so I tried to write from my own experience on that one. Seems as though I tapped into a few other people’s experiences too. ;) Thanks for stopping in![/blockquote]
[hr]
VMarie
[blockquote]
Quote:
Was this deeper feeling realized through their time apart and perhaps correspondence?

I think this upcoming update will answer that a bit for you, Marie. I feel as watson does (as she notes in her feedback further down the thread)—that Willow and Tara “knew” in their hearts, but they didn’t have the experience or vocabulary to make sense of it. So, yeah, they were couply, but they didn’t realize the extent of their coupleness. Did that make sense?

Glad you’re still enjoying, Marie. Thank you so much![/blockquote]

[hr]
Miss Kitty’s Ball O Yarn
[blockquote]
Quote:
Oh Wow carleen.....just....wow. There were so many good moments in this chapter.

Awwww thanks, Emms. :blush That really does mean a lot coming from you. Cuz you know how much I love your writing. So…yeah…thank you.

Quote:
I was glad it was a flashback because I didn't want to miss the part when they actually come together again.

Oh, you won’t miss it, Emms. I promise. It’s not happening in this update…or the next…but I can assure you that it will be in a future update. :smug

Again, thank you so much. Next update is coming right up! [/blockquote]
[hr]
JustSkipIt
[blockquote]
Quote:
I particularly like the characterizations of all three (W/T & B). All are true to form without being cartoonish.

Thanks, Debra. I was really hoping that I could capture a smidgeon of their characters at least. I was really afraid of going overboard. Who knows? I still might. ;)

Quote:
I'm assuming that both W & T are "out" in that they know that they love women in general and each other in specific. I'm also assuming that having a "lover" from childhood they aren't exactly socially experienced.

Well, I think they are definitely “out” when they are adults in the sense that they have, over time, come to understand all the feelings they’ve had for each other. Whether or not they are “out” to the world remains to be seen. Good guesses, though. [/snark]

Quote:
You are doing a fantastic and awesome job. I love this and really look forward to more.

Really? Wow. Thanks, Elvis! That’s a big compliment coming from you.

Quote:
It seems to me that becoming a caller, while it would allow you to boss people around, would be contributing to a rather dangerous trend.

Oh no worries. First, I’m bossy enough without being a caller. Second, I’m never one to contribute to trends. ;)

Thanks, again! [/blockquote]
[hr]
Naeryn
[blockquote]
Quote:
So they haven't actually communicated...?

See the update that follows.

Quote:
Or did you leave it ambiguous on purpose?

Hehe...I'm evil, aren't I? :devil

Thanks for stopping in, Megan. Glad you're still with the story. [/blockquote]
[hr]
The Rose24
[blockquote]I'm glad you're still enjoying the story. Our girls will meet again, but not in this update...sorry. Thank you![/blockquote]
[hr]
Willster
[blockquote]Thank you so much for reading. I'm happy to know that you're enjoying it. I hope I can continue to entertain. :)[/blockquote]
[hr]
Graceland
[blockquote]
Quote:
It seems to me that Tara is cutting it quite close on her flight. If she has less than 6 hours to get to the tree maybe she should have taken this flight yesterday. Then she could have stayed in a hotel, bathed all day, eaten fruit... whatever not to be late. And if she just has one of these sort of "if it's meant to be..." things about whether she makes the meeting, that's truly crazy. Sometimes fate needs a nudge.

Ah, yes...this is true. But the suspense...THE SUSPENSE? Will Tara make it there on time? Will Willow be left feeling stood up? Tune in next time! ;)

Quote:
Will it be the meeting or both girls in transit and more flashback?

No meeting yet. It's coming in future updates.

Thanks for your comments, Grace! I really appreciate them.[/blockquote]
[hr]
SallyMcFine
[blockquote]
Quote:
I forsee lots of letters!

Do you have a crystal ball or something? ;)

Quote:
do they know they're gay, have they confessed their love in letters, did either of them date anyone else while growing up.

All very good questions. You'll have to wait and see. hehe

Thanks so much for your comments! [/blockquote]
[hr]
cebrau
[blockquote]
Quote:
Did they ever speak, or send letters, or emailed, or talked on the phone, or something??? Why are they so nervous about meeting after eight years? I know, it's a big deal, but if they were so close before, why do each other doubt of the other presence at the meeting place?? Wouldn't they have talked in the eight years apart..... again with the questions...

Yes, yes...again with the good questions. But now, you must practice patience. All in good time. All in good time. ;)

Thank you so much for your feedback, Ceci. I appreciate it. [/blockquote]
[hr]
watson
[blockquote]
Quote:
This has been mentioned before, but the care you take with your wording, phrasing, is one of the reasons why this fic is so unputdownable.

Thank you, dear watson. And you know first hand how anal I get over wording and phrasing. ;)

Quote:
Bringing 4 suitcases and 2 garment bags for a visit – how long is she staying?

That will be covered in a future update...good question.

Quote:
looks like Buffy knows too.

Uh huh.

Quote:
Why did she expect Tara to hate her? Has she done something to make Tara hate her? Did they have a misunderstanding during the intervening 8 years? Is she expecting some announcement from Tara? Or is she planning to make an announcement herself?

Again with the good questions! There will be some explanation of this in future updates, but let me say this -- It's Willow. Willow is going to spaz out at everything. And perhaps a little bit in the next update will explain some things too. Or maybe not. I don't know. :devil

Quote:
A few readers have commented on the exact state of the girls’ relationship before Tara left. I think they were already in love, but were too young to completely realize it. Love, and romantic love, at that age is very different. It is more innocent, devoid of the lust and sex that play a bigger role as you grow older. Whether or not they were able to distinguish it between platonic love of best friends, I think perhaps not, or rather, not yet.

Yeah...you said that very well.

Thank you again for everything, friend. I really appreciate it. [/blockquote]
[hr]
Irene73
[blockquote]
Quote:
One question...are they finished with college,

Yup! More will be revealed on that topic later.

Quote:
Is she planning on staying for a long time?

It's a Willow thing. Okay, it's a Carleen thing too and I'm just projecting. But I will be bringing that up again in a future update.

Quote:
Spicy... I simply enjoyed this update. It was a joy to read. Writing romance is alot more difficult than I imagined, and you have done a superb job. This story is no doubt gonna be filled with both passion and humor...you are the author. And there is no doubt that I will enjoy reading each and every update.

Awww I'm so glad you liked it, Fajita. I guess I'm just a sappy romatic at heart, because what you see in the posts is what poured out of me. Granted, watson and I did debate over word choice and such, but I guess I just went from the heart. Passion and humor? Hmmm...I'll try.

Thank you so much, Irene. I really appreciate your kind words and enthusiasm for my story. [/blockquote]
[hr]
Foomatic
[blockquote]I'm so very happy that you are enjoying the story and that it resonates with you. I've been catching up with friends from college and high school recently (I have reunions coming up -- 20th for high school! ACK) and that sense of nostalgia is just staying with me. Thought I would let it seep into my writing. :)

Thank you so much for your kind words. [/blockquote]
[hr]
Artemis
[blockquote]
Quote:
Tara's anxious about just the fact of seeing Willow again, and Willow, while worrying about Tara showing up, is also spazzing about what will happen then.

Yeah...I've always taken Tara to be the "come what may" sort of person -- while she certainly feels anxiety, she doesn't let it rule her actions. Willow, on the other hand, is someone I think of as a spaz when she isn't able to organize and control everything. This is one such instance of that.

Quote:
Why would she worry Tara might hate her - I wonder, she and Tara were so young when they were last together, perhaps they've never admitted to each other that they're in love, you know, that way, with the kisses and nocturnal activity and hey look, we have to change the sheets now... Willow, who's capable of freaking about practically anything including whether she's freaking out too much, could certainly panic herself if she doesn't know whether Tara shares her feelings in the aforementioned way.

Okay, first of all, this cracked me up! "hey look, we have to change the sheets now..." :lmao Too funny. But, also, you're so right. Willow can freak out about anything. So it seems natural that she would have an irrational fear of Tara hating her for some reason. Those are my thoughts, anyway.

Thank you so much, Chris. I'm really happy that you're reading along and enjoying.[/blockquote]
[hr]
wiccanbotanist
[blockquote]Thank you so very much for continuing to read. I'm glad that you're still enjoying our girls' experiences. I hope you continue to like it. :) [/blockquote]
[hr]
hermitfish
[blockquote]Cyd! Thank you so much! Actually, I'm sorta glad I got on the writing train too. Of course, this is all still new to me. I may regret it one day when people are bugging for updates and my muse has gone on vacation to Tahiti and I have nothing else to write and then people start to hate me and then I fall into a well of self-loathing....but, probably not. :D

Thank you again, Cyd. I really appreciate your words. [/blockquote]
[hr]
meretricious
[blockquote]
Quote:
though 8 yrs? suprised willow didn't say "four years of college, but who gets done in 4 yrs anymore and i'll probably have a double major, so call it five years undergrad, but then there's post grad and i'll probably be all disillusioned at that point but still feel the need to go for my masters and i'll languish as a t.a. for a year or two while i'm "everything but dissertation" so meet me here in 13 years".

:lmao

Quote:
i'm still not totally clear on why they are so, so nervous about meeting, and so worried about that the other will for some reason think badly of them. but as you continue and fill in the gaps, maybe that'll become clearer to me.

I think it will, Mary. I hope so at least. Most of the questions that have been asked so far will be answered in future updates.

Thanks you for stopping in, Mary. I'm really really glad you're here. Your feedback always makes me smile...on my thread and on others'. [/blockquote]
[hr]
sam
[blockquote]Glad you're still with the story, sam. Thank you so much![/blockquote]
[hr]
kindagay
[blockquote]
Quote:
Buffy was a very good best friend, as it should be

I agree. We need more "good friend Buffy" rather than "it's all about me and my woes Buffy."

Quote:
So, are we gonna have some :wtkiss under the tree? :pray Please? :flirt

Good question. :devil

I'm really happy you like the story, Jeanne. Thank you so much! [/blockquote]
[hr]
the hero factor
[blockquote]
Thank you so much. I figured I'd have to have Buffy in this...especially since it started as a challenge fic and Buffy's presence was a requirement. :lol But, yeah...I like the early B/W best friend dynamic too. [/blockquote]
[hr]
tarawhipped
[blockquote]
Quote:
But why oh WHY do neither of them know that the other is going to be there? Somehow they fell out of contact with each other...what's the deal??? There can't be that many Rosenbergs in Sunnydale...Tara couldn't look her up in the freakin phone book? And unless Tara's changed her name repeatedly, Willow should be able to find her on her computer. Demanding answers again obviously won't work...so instead I'm going to pout until you tell us what the hell is going on.

Again, these are all VERY good questions. Questions that must certainly be answered...in due time. :devil And you can pout all you want...it's kinda cute. I like it.

Thank you, Cam! So nice to have one of my favorite writers paying attention to my little diversion. [/blockquote]
[hr]
Leafsdude
[blockquote]
Quote:
Well, I did promise some lovey-dovey review for ya, Carleen, so here it goes...

Lovey-dovey? No eye rolling? Aaawww Fencey...I'm touched. No, really...I am.

Quote:
PLEASE MAKE THIS ANGST-FREE!

Well, I do have some ideas for some future angst...but I haven't decided if I want to put it in or save it for a future fic. Though, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'm thinking no higher than 3 or 4...so low angst factor.

Quote:
The love is so apparent, yet it seems they don't quite realize the magnatude of their feelings.

Spot on there, Fencey.

Quote:
I am curious, though, as to how much Buffy fits into all this. Does Tara know her at all? Buffy seems to know quite a bit about the affection the hold for each other.

Tara knows Buffy only through Willow. Ditto for what Buffy knows of Tara. Willow is their common denominator.

Quote:
And does Xander play a role anywhere, or at all? Lastly, please tell me Anya's somewhere?

Hmmm....maybe. :D

Thank you so much, David! I'm really glad you like my little addition to Pens. I'm actually having fun writing it.[/blockquote]
[hr]
AlysonGoddess
[blockquote]Thank you so much for continuing to read, Erin. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Update is coming up right after this. [/blockquote]
[hr]
vix84
[blockquote]
Quote:
I love your writing style and it's great to be able to read something of yours that isn't feedback but actual fic.

That makes me feel better. I'm an academic at heart...so if you wanted a 20 page paper on Rhetorical Criticism and Queer Theory in BtVS, I'm your girl. This fiction thing scares me. So I'm glad that it's going over well.

Thanks so much, Roz.[/blockquote]
[hr]

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:51 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Title: Coming Back
Author: GayNow (Carleen)
Email: cmspry2@gmail.com
Feedback: Pretty please? Just remember, I leave feedback for you! Okay, maybe not for every update....but I try! And...and...I leave novellas. Okay okay....I'll be happy with a smilie face.
Distribution: Archiving is fine…please let me know where so I can call all my friends and yell, “Look! I’m famous!”
Rating: This part…PG…future parts…PG-13…will there be kisses and smut?…hmmm....dunno....we’ll see. I’ll make sure I give fair warning.
Disclaimer: BtVS characters, concepts and dialog belong to Mutant Enemy, Fox, The WB, UPN and others. The story, however, came out of my delusional little brain.
Summary: AU....no Hellmouth...no magic....no demons...no slayer....Willow and Tara made a solemn promise to each other 8 years ago.
Author’s Notes:
  • This fic was inspired by my own fic challenge (Third Time's a Charm). But...well...it sort of took on a life of its own. So, I decided to give it its own thread. I'm nice that way.
  • This is my first attempt at fic writing...or posting what I've written, anyway. And I have all of you wonderful kittens to thank for inspiring me. I'm not going to start listing off all of the individual authors, because that would just take too long. You know who you are...you've read my feedback...it's no secret who I worship.
  • I have to give special, super-dee-duper thanks to the lovely WATSON for so many things -- for putting up with me...for painstakingly reading chapters and sections and paragraphs and sentences...for dealing with me obsessing over j-u-u-u-u-u-u-st the right word...for serving as co-writer in many many many instances (if it's a REALLY good sentence or phrase...it's probably hers)...for simply being a friend and encouraging me (Okay...encouraging? She was kicking me in the ass is what she was doing!)
  • Thoughts in italics
  • Thanks to Chris Cook for the super spectacular title graphic!

Chapter 3

Tara walked through LAX trying to locate the car rental desks. She awkwardly pushed the large luggage cart through the crowds and sighed when she saw the sign for the rental company. The blonde said a quick prayer of thanks when she saw there was no one in line. Finally I get a break.

The experience at baggage claim had been painful. For some reason, one of her bags got put on a later flight out of Charlotte and hadn’t arrived yet. Because a 3 hour layover isn’t enough time for the baggage people to find the right plane. After spending 30 minutes describing the suitcase and filling in a long, incomprehensible "alternate baggage delivery" form so the airline representative could locate it, she was finally assured that the bag would be delivered to her hotel that evening.

The 10 minutes needed to sign the necessary papers for her rental car were few in comparison to the previous 22 hours of flights and layovers and lines. Before long, Tara had made her way to her car and loaded the bags into the trunk. As she walked to the driver’s side door of the car, a thought scampered through her head – a thought that made her freeze in place and gasp. Oh please, God, no! Tara returned to the back of the car and hastily popped open the trunk. She frantically began opening bags and rifling through the contents. She sighed in relief as she felt the stack of envelopes buried at the bottom of the third bag. She removed the bundle and cradled it to her chest, as though it were the most precious and valuable thing in the universe. They are. Tara closed the trunk and resumed her trek to get behind the wheel. Once inside the car, she ran her hand along the ribbon binding the envelopes and smiled. If these had been lost, I don’t know what I would have done. She gently placed the letters on the passenger’s seat, secured her seat belt, and began her drive to Sunnydale.

Dear Tara,

I don’t know when you’ll read this. I guess it depends on when you find it. I’m going to put it in your backpack, so you may find it on the plane. Or maybe you won’t find it until you unpack. I just hope you find it. I’ll be sure not to hide it too well.

You’re sleeping right now. I snuck away and I’m writing this in the bathroom so I don’t wake you up. I really wish you were awake though. I want to talk to you and I know there won’t be time in the morning. So, I’m writing this letter…in the bathroom…in the middle of the night.

There’s so much I want to tell you, Tare. But, I don’t know how. I mean, I know how to tell you…open my mouth and let the words come out. The problem is I don’t know what words to use. I don’t know how to turn what I’m feeling into words. There are so many words swirling around in my brain, but I don’t know which words are the right ones to use. **sigh** I even babble when I write.

I know I’ve already told you this a zillion times, but I’m going to miss you so much. I don’t know how I’m going to handle not having you around. I mean, you’re my only friend. Okay, maybe not my only friend, but you’re the only friend that matters. No one else understands me like you do. You know what I’m thinking even before I do. It’s like…well…it’s like, together, we’re the same person. Together we’re whole. Does that make sense?

So, I’m afraid I’m only going to be half a person without you here. That scares me, Tara. It really does. Cuz…what happens if I change? Okay, I know I’m going to change…and so are you…but what if I change so much, my half person doesn’t fit with your half person anymore? Then we’ll never be a whole person anymore and we’ll spend the rest of our lives dealing with our half selves.

I just looked back at what I wrote. I'm not sure if it makes any sense. See what I mean? Everything is so jumbled up in my head. Maybe it's a good thing I'm writing this instead of talking to you. I can just picture the 'huh?' look on your face. And I don't know if I could say all of this if we were face to face.

The last month has been so hard. Every time I looked at you, I wanted to cry. And since I was looking at you almost all the time, I wanted to cry almost all the time. Oh! Not that looking at you causes crying for everyone! Cuz, you know, you're beautiful and all. So beautiful it makes me smile when I look at you...but also cry. UGH! I'm not saying this right!

Okay...when I look at you my first thought is "she's beautiful"...and that makes me smile. Cuz your eyes are so blue...like the sky or the ocean. But then I think "she's leaving me" and that makes me want to cry...the thought of you going away from me makes my chest hurt. Tara, does that mean my heart is breaking? Cuz I don't like that feeling.

I like the way I feel when you smile at me, though. My favorite smile is when only one side of your mouth goes up and you kinda half smile. I feel all warm inside when you smile like that. My chest hurts too, but it's not a bad kind of hurt. It's like, instead of my heart breaking in pieces, it's being filled up so much it's going to pop...like a water balloon. Okay, that wasn't a happy visual place, but...do you get it? I hope so, cuz I don't know if I could explain that again.

I just peeked in the bedroom. You're still asleep. There's enough moonlight coming in the window for me to see you. I sat on the floor next to your sleeping bag for a few minutes and watched you sleep. You were smiling my favorite smile. You must have been dreaming. What were you dreaming about, Tare? Do you remember? It must have been a nice dream.

I‘m back in the bathroom because I thought about you leaving again...and I started to cry. I guess it's better that I cry in here instead of in front of you. I know you'd cry too. I hope I don't cry a lot tomorrow. I don't want all those people at the airport to see me crying. Plus, if my mom and dad see me crying, they'll baby me the rest of the day. I don't want them to baby me. You know how they can be.

Wow. I sure have written a lot. I read the whole thing and I still don’t know if I said everything right. Heck, I don’t know if I said anything right. But I know I wrote what was in my head. Maybe that’s the problem. The stuff in my head almost never makes sense. But, somehow, you always seem to understand me. (How do you do that?) I just hope you understand me now.

Gosh darnit! I’m crying again. I can’t seem to stop tonight. Usually I can hold it in, but not tonight. I think it’s because it’s all so real now. You’re really leaving and I can’t pretend that you’re staying. It was so easy to pretend during the last month cuz we were always together. My mom called us hippies because she said we were “chronically joined at the hip.” I think she just likes the word hippy because it reminds her of when she was younger. I still can’t get her to take down that bead curtain she has over the door of the laundry room. It’s too weird.

I’m babbling again. I’m sorry.

I think I am going to finish this letter now. I’ve been in this bathroom for almost 2 hours. (I’m glad no one needed to…you know…go.) Plus, I don’t want to be away from you anymore. I’ve only got you for a few more hours, so I’m going to stay glued to you until you get on the plane.

I already miss you, Tare. Remember, I’m going to miss you every second of every day. I hope you’ll miss me too. Write to me as soon as you can, okay?

Love and friends forever,

Willow Rosenberg (duh! You know that!)

Frivolous Views

Last edited by GayNow on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Coming Back (Updated 7/14/05)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:07 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

CAR! :applause :clap :party :bow :bow
Good update! Short yes, and lovely all the same! The letter Willow wrote to Tara! Argh stab me in the heart much?! That brought back some memories! "sighs" It was very emotional, very sweet, and very sad! Im wondering what all those letters Tara has are all about...hmm "puts on thinking face" But we'll find out soon!!!! Im getting very anxious! They need to see eachother already!!!

Again, lovely update Car! And as always you are doing a splendid job! (And yes I said splendid! hehe) :flower

eta: Yay Im first!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:13 pm 
19. Yummy Face

*Sigh* Such a beautiful letter. It pretty much says it all even with trying to decipher Willow's babbling. Willow definitely has it bad.

I am sure this question will be answered in due time, but have they been pining away for each other all of these years shunning all others, or have they had someone special in their lives?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:24 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Did Willow even realize she basically said "I love you" without actually saying it? I think she might have missed that in all her babbling.

I'll bet Tara didn't though.

I can't wait for them to finally meet up!

Post more!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:34 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Great update.

Willow's letter to Tara was so sweet. I can't wait to see their meeting under the tree.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:28 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Aw! :happycry That was so cute. And so sad. I hope they can reconnect when they meet again at the tree. I think that both of their fears that they have both changed so much are very right. I would be so paranoid in that situation. I hope it goes well (hint hint).

-Alyssa

"I'm gonna do my best swan dive into shark-infested waters/ I'm gonna pull out my tampon and start splashing around/ 'Cause I don't care if they eat me alive/ I've got better things to do than survive/ I've got a memory of your warm skin in my hands/ And I've got a vision of blue sky and dry land" - Ani Difranco

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:01 am 
3. Flaming O

I don't know if I have replied to this story as my reply time has been seriously diminished in the past few weeks. If I havn't sorry, because I have been reading and I love it.

The premise is great and as a reader, I can feel the emotions you are having our girls feel.

I can't wait until their meeting under the tree. I have a feeling that it might be a while though.

cooper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:27 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
Willow's letter was brilliantly written! It pretty much sounded like her head cracked open and spilled onto that piece of paper. I especially liked how she babbled in writing. The only thing that was left out was "Oh, and by the way, I'm madly in love with you!"

Loved this line:

Quote:
My mom called us hippies because she said we were “chronically joined at the hip.”

I also love that the simplicity of the words you chose pack so much of an emotional punch, like

Quote:
I feel all warm inside when you smile like that. My chest hurts too, but it's not a bad kind of hurt. It's like, instead of my heart breaking in pieces, it's being filled up so much it's going to pop...like a water balloon.

There's an innocence there, and I thought it was very brave of Willow to let Tara know how she feels, even if she doesn't understand it herself.

I love how your story is developing, and I can't wait to see where you take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:30 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
You sneak! Well, you told me you were posting, so yeah, I can't complain.

First the sorbet. Can't remember LAX but airports are such dreary places to be when you're arriving. All you want is to get the hell outta there as quickly as possible, cos you're tired, hungry, needing the bathroom and just want to get to your hotel/home/place of staying. 22 hours! Yikes! That's, um, a long flight, did Tara fly through Australia or what?

The last thing you want is to find out your bags are lost, it just sucks. Hope the airline didn't screw up and she gets her missing bag soon.
Quote:
She sighed in relief as she felt the stack of envelopes buried at the bottom of the third bag. She removed the bundle and cradled it to her chest, as though it were the most precious and valuable thing in the universe.They are.

Can I just tell everyone -- Car wrote the whole searching in baggage part in like 10 minutes when we realized she needed a segue from the sorbet to the letter? 10 minutes!!! and she's still saying "I'm not fiction girl"?

So, letter. Sigh. The entire letter is a gigantic Willow babble that is trying to put words to her feelings. Megan said it right, she basically told Tara she loved her in 1,091 words (including greeting). So many memorable lines,
Quote:
I’m afraid I’m only going to be half a person without you here ... what if I change so much, my half person doesn’t fit with your half person anymore? Then we’ll never be a whole person anymore and we’ll spend the rest of our lives dealing with our half selves.

:lmao only Willow can come with half persons and half selves

Quote:
when I look at you my first thought is "she's beautiful" ... But then I think "she's leaving me" and that makes me want to cry

awwww, Willow was so ... poetic, I can really feel how she's feeling there. And "hippy" and being babied and gluing herself to Tara ... sigh, so sweet.

Quote:
You must have been dreaming. What were you dreaming about, Tare? Do you remember?

Am I right in thinking that Tara will reply and tell Willow about the dream?

So happy this was ahead of schedule. Keep this up and you'll catch up with yourself and you'll post the part after before the next part and that didn't make sense did it? Heehee.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:49 am 
19. Yummy Face

the remarkably tenacious watson wrote:
22 hours! Yikes! That's, um, a long flight, did Tara fly through Australia or what?

You still have Riley in TAKR....I still have Tara traveling for 22 hours.

Frivolous Views

Last edited by GayNow on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:56 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Car, who is basically saying "cut the cord" wrote:
You still have Riley in TAKR....I still have Tara traveling for 22 hours.

well, Riley is interesting villain material, but 22 hours on the plane .... oh nevermind, shutting up, for now.

Last edited by watty on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:18 am 
2. Floating Rose

Wow Car... all I can say is... awwwwww

That was so sweet and sad at the same time. That letter was so powerfull, If I were Tara, after reading that letter, I wouldn't have gone... who could??

I'm loving this..

Ceci

P.S.: You go write the other update, and come back tomorrow, cant wait to read more!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:10 am 
19. Yummy Face

Hey, Kittens. Not an update, just some replies to the wonderful feedback you've been leaving me. I want to try to stay on top of this. Plus, I find that my best writing happens on the train going to and from work, so writing isn't happening right this minute. Figured I'd still try to be productive.

I'm really going to try to have the next update posted soon. Really and truly I'm going to try.

Thank you, everyone!
[hr]
LesbianJedi87
[blockquote]Wow! Look at you go, Rose. You got first reply on the last two updates! You must be here as often as I am. :P

Quote:
Im wondering what all those letters Tara has are all about

Well, you just read one of them. ;)

Glad you're still enjoying, Rose. Hoping for an update in the next few days.[/blockquote]
[hr]
The Rose24
[blockquote]
Quote:
I am sure this question will be answered in due time, but have they been pining away for each other all of these years shunning all others, or have they had someone special in their lives?

You're right...it will be answered in due time. :devil I promise, I'll get to that...eventually.

Thanks so much for your continued enjoyment. I'm glad you're stopping in. [/blockquote]
[hr]
Naeryn
[blockquote]
Quote:
Did Willow even realize she basically said "I love you" without actually saying it? I think she might have missed that in all her babbling.

I'll bet Tara didn't though.

Hmmm...good question....we'll see. ;) Thanks for the comments, Megan. I appreciate them! [/blockquote]
[hr]
the hero factor
[blockquote]Thank you so much. I'll get the next update posted as soon as I can. [/blockquote]
[hr]
watersong84
[blockquote]Thank you, Alyssa. I appreciate your words and am glad you're enjoying my little story. Everything will work out for the girls...after all, it's a board rule. ;) [/blockquote]
[hr]
cooper
[blockquote]Yes, you have replied to this story before...and I thank you so much for doing so. I'm glad you're liking the story.

Quote:
I can't wait until their meeting under the tree. I have a feeling that it might be a while though.

Hmmm...yeah, a little while. I won't be overly cruel and make the Kittens wait too long...but suspense is such a wonderful thing. ;)

Thanks again! [/blockquote]
[hr]
Foomatic
[blockquote]
Quote:
The only thing that was left out was "Oh, and by the way, I'm madly in love with you!"

LOL Oh if only she understood that at the tender age of 14. In time she'll understand though...in time.

Quote:
I also love that the simplicity of the words you chose pack so much of an emotional punch

Thanks so much. I think a lot of it has to do with me being a "simple word" kind of girl. But this is 14-year-old Willow writing...she's a genious, yes...but still innocent. I tried to capture a little of that.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Really glad you're still along for the ride. :) [/blockquote]
[hr]
watson
[blockquote]
Quote:
22 hours! Yikes! That's, um, a long flight, did Tara fly through Australia or what?

Alright, Miss "I live on airtimetable.com because I'm anal about my Amazing Race kittens getting just the right flight at just the right time," you just won't let this go, will you? :lol Think of it this way....time from home to airport (security, ya know...gotta get there 2 hours early)...time waiting in airport...time flying...time at layover...more time flying...time in airport finding luggage...time in airport reporting missing luggage....time in airport trying to find her car. That's a lot of time! Hell, I clocked about 13 hours of travel time going from Cleveland to Miami once...so it's possible! :P

Quote:
Can I just tell everyone -- Car wrote the whole searching in baggage part in like 10 minutes when we realized she needed a segue from the sorbet to the letter? 10 minutes!!! and she's still saying "I'm not fiction girl"?

It was actually 8 minutes and 47 seconds, but who's counting?

Quote:
she basically told Tara she loved her in 1,091 words (including greeting).

You have a thing for numbers, don't you?

Quote:
Am I right in thinking that Tara will reply and tell Willow about the dream?

Wouldn't you like to know?! Okay, yeah...so you'll be the first to know...or the second, cuz I'll be the first to know.

I can't say "thank you" enough for all of the support you've been giving me. I'm so very glad that I haven't driven you to the edge of insanity. Though, give me time...I still might. ;) Thank you, watson. You're a gem. [/blockquote]
[hr]
cebrau
[blockquote]Thank you, Ceci. Glad you're still on board and enjoying yourself. I'll try to get the update posted sometime really soon. [/blockquote]

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:36 am 
17. Mega-Witches

No crystal ball, just had a feeling...

And most of my previous questions were rhetorical, sort of my way of saying 'I forsee all these questions to be answered and possibilities that exist, and the exploration of the answers is sure to be a fun journey for both we readers and for you as the writer and I'm looking forward to learning the answers.' :)

Great update! I guess, like others, I'm wondering about the seeming lack of phone communication other than the meeting under the tree. I'm sure there's a good reason for why Tara has not called Willow on a cell phone to tell her that she landed safely in LAX, and a good reason why Willow did not drive down to LAX to pick Tara up. But for the life of me I cannot think of a good reason.

Overseas air travel is pretty brutal, especially changing planes and layovers. I don't envy Tara's state right now, especially combined with her likely nervousness. Or her presumed (by me) lack of a shower in over 24 hours. Lately I just hate planes, even though I fly a lot - they always smell weird and they certainly don't vacuum the seats between each flight.

Last edited by FineyMcFine on Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:57 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Okay, she's on the ground, she's got a car, and she's on her way... and y'know, if the interruptions weren't so darned good, I'd start getting peeved that they keep turning up and delaying the soon-to-be meeting.

That letter, where do I start? Of course Willow was trying to tell Tara how she feels, even without having it all figured out in her own head yet (though the whole "I love you completely" idea came across without a doubt :blush ), but it was so rambling and yearning and babble-y, and... so Willow, that it was like she was trying to pour herself out onto the paper so she could go with Tara. No wonder Tara treasures Willow's letters so much :x

The way you had Willow describe it, I feel like I can absolutely feel what she feels - Tara being out there, right there asleep in the same room (well, when Willow finally vacates the bathroom, that is), but she'll be gone so soon... excuse me, I have something in my eye, yeah, that's it :sob

I think you've got a really great structure for telling this story, because the flashbacks are so heart-breaking, yet the fact that they're flashbacks, and right now Tara and Willow are on their way to be together again, means I never go away without a smile. :bow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:31 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hey Car,
I'm thrilled with the speed of updates here. And the girls are definitely moving toward each other. That said, I have the feeling you could drag out the next 8 hours for 10-15 updates. The letter from Willow is so beautiful and absolutely typical for babbly 14 year old, in love girl. I love her description of coming to watch Tara sleep and then crying so she went back it the bathroom.

Watson wrote:
Quote:

Wow that is very fast and it's a good transition. Although... If I may say, I would ... no wait a minute. If you want my input, please read on. If not, stop here:

I would transition more fluidly to the letter. Not necessarily by saying, "she remembered the first letter:" because that's lame. But perhaps, "she reached over and patted the thick bundle of letters, some of them faded or worn with age and rereading. She'd read them so many times that she could almost recite them from memory." Something like that.

Just my thought. Well done!

ETA: I think that there was a very good unfinished fic with the same name by anon.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:52 am 
19. Yummy Face

Update :bounce

That was very sweet.

Poor Tara having her bag get lost, very annoying after all that travelling.

Yay! We got to read the first ever letter & it was so darn cute & adorable. :x That was definitely typical Willow, babbling on without actually saying anything, but at the same time, saying exactly what needed to be said. :) That was quite possibly the most long winded declaration of love ever, & it didn't even include the words "I love you", but of course, Tara will know that that's what Willow was saying.

Hmm, now I'm wondering - are we gonna get to read EVERY letter that they've sent each other over the last 8 years? 'Cos that would make a very adorable & long fic, which would be of the very good. :D

Can't wait for more :)

Hugs
Jeanne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:18 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Man willow's tears must be contagious cause now i'm crying :cry Please let them meet in the next update cause the suspense is killing me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:29 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Just a few more replies...I'm working on the update. I'll have it up ASAP.

[hr]
SallyMcFine
[blockquote]
Quote:
I guess, like others, I'm wondering about the seeming lack of phone communication other than the meeting under the tree. I'm sure there's a good reason for why Tara has not called Willow on a cell phone to tell her that she landed safely in LAX, and a good reason why Willow did not drive down to LAX to pick Tara up. But for the life of me I cannot think of a good reason.

You know, if I were in your place, I would be wondering the same things. Honestly...I would. There is a good reason. And it will be revealed...in a future update. There is some angst ahead!!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. [/blockquote]
[hr]
Artemis
[blockquote]
Quote:
Okay, she's on the ground, she's got a car, and she's on her way... and y'know, if the interruptions weren't so darned good, I'd start getting peeved that they keep turning up and delaying the soon-to-be meeting.

First of all, Chris, thank you so much for thinking the interruptions are good. That means a lot to me. Second, I'm sorry to say, there will be a number of updates before our girls meet again. I always remember a quote from Gypsy -- "My mother...who got me in this business...always told me...'Make them beg for more and then don't give it to them'." Well, I'll give you the update with Willow and Tara under the tree...just not right away. Gotta get ya beggin' for more first. ;)

Quote:
The way you had Willow describe it, I feel like I can absolutely feel what she feels

Oh I'm so glad. That was one thing I was concerned about. I really wanted to make sure that this letter is something that Willow would write. I picture her writing the way she talks...just full out...no stops. I'm glad I was able to capture a little of that.

Quote:
I think you've got a really great structure for telling this story, because the flashbacks are so heart-breaking, yet the fact that they're flashbacks, and right now Tara and Willow are on their way to be together again, means I never go away without a smile.

I'm glad you feel that way, Chris...because there will be more flashbacks and more letters to come. ANGST AHOY! But not for a couple more updates. ;)

Thanks so much, Chris! Looking Glass looks FABULOUS! :D [/blockquote]
[hr]
JustSkipIt
[blockquote]
Quote:
I have the feeling you could drag out the next 8 hours for 10-15 updates.

How did you know my plans? ;)

Quote:
I would transition more fluidly to the letter. Not necessarily by saying, "she remembered the first letter:" because that's lame. But perhaps, "she reached over and patted the thick bundle of letters, some of them faded or worn with age and rereading. She'd read them so many times that she could almost recite them from memory." Something like that.

That's a really nice transition, Debra. I like it. The more I write, the better I will get at this sort of stuff. Ask me to transition between a discussion of epistemology and phenomenology, and I'm all over it. But this fiction thing....still new. I'll get there though. ;)

Quote:
ETA: I think that there was a very good unfinished fic with the same name by anon.

Yes, I received word after I'd posted my first chapter that "Coming Back" is a title that's been used in the past. I'm not worried about it though. Our stories are very different.

Thank you so much for your comments and constructive criticism, Debra. I really really appreciate it. :) [/blockquote]
[hr]
kindagay
[blockquote]Awwww Jeanne...thanks so much for the kind words, sweetie.

Quote:
That was quite possibly the most long winded declaration of love ever, & it didn't even include the words "I love you", but of course, Tara will know that that's what Willow was saying.

Nope..."I love you" never showed up...but the sentiment was there, regardless of how unaware Willow is of that particular notion. And, yeah, Tara will know...but will she be aware of that particular notion? hmmmm....

Quote:
are we gonna get to read EVERY letter that they've sent each other over the last 8 years?

Oh dear lord no! :lmao I wish I could...but that's just too much for me. However, you can rest assured knowing that I will include a number of their letters to each other in future updates...letters that will explain quite a bit. I'll also be including some more flashbacks. So, "Good friend Buffy" fans out there...hold on to your hats!

Thank you again, Jeanne. I'll be getting the update posted just as soon as possible. [/blockquote]
[hr]
amberfan1
[blockquote]
Quote:
Please let them meet in the next update cause the suspense is killing me.

I'm really sorry...but it won't be happening in the next update...we are still a few updates from that moment. But I hope that the intervening chapters will still keep you interested. Thank you so much for reading! [/blockquote]

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:39 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Okay, Car. People find feedback encouraging, right? I know I do... so here. More.

I love this fic. I can't wait for Willow and Tara to meet again, and I'm insatiably curious to find out the actual status of their relationship when Tara left. Where they girlfriends? good friends? Did Buffy and Xander (if he's in here, 'cause I haven't heard him mentioned) know her?

Now update, dammit!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:50 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Naeryn wrote:
I'm insatiably curious to find out the actual status of their relationship when Tara left. Where they girlfriends? good friends? Did Buffy and Xander (if he's in here, 'cause I haven't heard him mentioned) know her?

They were not girlfriends in the sense that they were "dating" -- there were no smoochies. They were best friends whose feelings for each other went deeper than either realized. Hence, Willow was unable to fully grasp or find the words for what she was feeling as she wrote her letter.

As for Buffy and Xander....More on Buffy will be coming in a future update...we'll get more on her connection with Willow. Xander...I'm not really sure yet. As of right now, I have not found a place to fit him into the story...but that may change with time.

Thanks, Megan.

Frivolous Views

Last edited by GayNow on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:17 am 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

Oh my god..that was so incredibly beautiful and such an amazing letter :x . Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong and those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler. [Evan Rachel Wood]

Credit for icon: lj user crazedxinsanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:20 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Im glad Willow wrote the letter :-D To bad Tara had to leave in the first place :sob Wonderful update :clap please continue :-D

ERIN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:22 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

car, lost luggage sux!! usually for me at least, it's my bags not making it back home on the return trip, though i once had to spend the night in the rome airport cause we were in italy but our luggage wasn't.
beautiful love letter that's not quite a love letter. but if willow is this close to putting her feelings together now, have to think over a long correspondence they'll get to the actual love letter part. also, very nice pacing, with willow describing her actions, crying, not crying, watching tara, etc., can easily see she spent two hours on this. i hope the letters as flashbacks will continue thru your fic, perfect way to show us what's happened the last 8 years while you slowly get them to their actual meeting. you're not going to make tara have car trouble are you? 22hour trip, lost luggage, i don't want to see her have to change a flat! ~mary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:42 am 
19. Yummy Face

Just a few more replies...I'm working on the update. I'll have it up ASAP.

[hr]
sam
[blockquote]Thanks so much, sam...I'm glad you liked it. [/blockquote]
[hr]
AlysonGoddess
[blockquote]Thanks for your continued support. I really appreciate it. And I'm glad you're still enjoying. [/blockquote]
[hr]
meretricious
[blockquote]
Quote:
you're not going to make tara have car trouble are you? 22hour trip, lost luggage, i don't want to see her have to change a flat!

Well, I wasn't planning on it...but now that you mention it.... :devil

Quote:
i hope the letters as flashbacks will continue thru your fic, perfect way to show us what's happened the last 8 years while you slowly get them to their actual meeting.

That's the plan. Need to cover their lives over the last 8 years and flashbacks and letters are a fun way to do it. Plus, it will really set up the final meeting. ;) But there will be angst...so look out! :)

Thanks so much, Mary. I always appreciate your feedback. [/blockquote]

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:10 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Awww man! Travel problems are the worst Please don't let this become a big issue Car, please?

Apparently Willow has been writing Tara since she left:

Quote:
She frantically began opening bags and rifling through the contents. She sighed in relief as she felt the stack of envelopes buried at the bottom of the third bag.

Thus I'm assuming their relationship has developed mostly through the written word? This letter being the first from Willow. You do a very good job of describing that sinking feeling in your chest when someone is about to leave that you love very much. I've been in this situation in the past and I can say you have captured the state of mind one is in very well.

More please!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:14 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Quote:
Please don't let this become a big issue Car, please?

Hey...I wasn't even thinking of that and then Mary brought it up and gave me the idea. I don't know...imagining a hot, sweaty Tara being all sexy while bending over to look under the hood could be a good thing. :devil

Quote:
Thus I'm assuming their relationship has developed mostly through the written word?

I'd say their relationship continued to develop through written forms of communication. Though, how it developed is still yet to be seen.

Thank you so much, T. I appreciate the fact that you're reading and responding. Makes me feel all tingly.

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:37 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Title: Coming Back
Author: GayNow (Carleen)
Email: cmspry2@gmail.com
Feedback: Pretty please? Just remember, I leave feedback for you! Okay, maybe not for every update....but I try! And...and...I leave novellas. Okay okay....I'll be happy with a smilie face.
Distribution: Archiving is fine…please let me know where so I can call all my friends and yell, “Look! I’m famous!”
Rating: This part…PG…future parts…PG-13…will there be kisses and smut?…hmmm....dunno....we’ll see. I’ll make sure I give fair warning.
Disclaimer: BtVS characters, concepts and dialog belong to Mutant Enemy, Fox, The WB, UPN and others. The story, however, came out of my delusional little brain.
Summary: AU....no Hellmouth...no magic....no demons...no slayer....Willow and Tara made a solemn promise to each other 8 years ago.
Author’s Notes:
  • This fic was inspired by my own fic challenge (Third Time's a Charm). But...well...it sort of took on a life of its own. So, I decided to give it its own thread. I'm nice that way.
  • This is my first attempt at fic writing...or posting what I've written, anyway. And I have all of you wonderful kittens to thank for inspiring me. I'm not going to start listing off all of the individual authors, because that would just take too long. You know who you are...you've read my feedback...it's no secret who I worship.
  • I have to give special, super-dee-duper thanks to the lovely WATSON for so many things -- for putting up with me...for painstakingly reading chapters and sections and paragraphs and sentences...for dealing with me obsessing over j-u-u-u-u-u-u-st the right word...for serving as co-writer in many many many instances (if it's a REALLY good sentence or phrase...it's probably hers)...for simply being a friend and encouraging me (Okay...encouraging? She was kicking me in the ass is what she was doing!)
  • Thoughts in italics
  • Thanks to Chris Cook for the super spectacular title graphic!

Chapter 4

Willow was perched at the edge of the bed, her right leg bouncing rapidly and her hands fidgeting in her lap. She looked around the guest room, making sure everything was back in order. Yep…all clean…Cleany McClean Clean even. She looked at her watch for the 5th time in as many minutes. Three hours…thre-e-e-e-e-e-e-e more hours. Her left leg began to bounce in counterpoint with her right. After a few minutes of bouncing and fidgeting – and an occasional twitch – the redhead made a decision and jumped to her feet.

“I have to get out of here,” she said to the empty room.

Willow grabbed her wallet and made her way to the door. At the last second, she turned around and ran to the bed. She reached under the pillow and pulled out a laminated photo. After taking a moment to smile at the photo she held in front of her, Willow quickly placed a kiss on the image, returned it to its place under the pillow, and skipped out of the room.

Dear Willow,

I found your letter when I got on the plane. As soon as the seatbelt sign was turned off, I went into my backpack for a pen and some paper so I could write to you. That’s when I saw your letter…folded up neatly and sticking out of my notebook. So, no, you didn’t hide it very well. Though I do wish I had found it when I was unpacking, because I would have been alone when I found it. But on the plane, Donnie kept trying to read over my shoulder and grab the letter from me. He’s such a pain! Mom finally made him stop and he fell asleep. Dork. So now that he’s sleeping, and Mom and Daddy are reading their books, I have time to write to you.

Your letter made sense, Will. I understand every word. And I know what you mean about finding the right words. I had the same trouble. I actually tried writing a letter to you before I left. I worked on it for a week. But I had to keep writing it over and over because I wasn’t saying what I really wanted to say. Everything I wrote was so stupid. I still have them…I was gonna throw them away, but I changed my mind. Maybe I’ll show them to you one day and we can laugh at how stupid they are.

I miss you too, Will, so much. I started missing you as soon as Daddy told us we were moving. Remember the day I told you? When we sat under the tree? I never told you this…I was late that day because of 2 things. I begged Daddy to let me stay. I asked him to talk to your parents and see if they would let me stay with you. But he kept saying no. We had a fight. I’ve never had a fight with Daddy before. The other thing that made me late was that I was crying so much. I ran to my room and just cried and cried. It took me a while to stop crying and wipe my face clean so my eyes weren’t puffy when you saw me. So I understand about the crying too, Willow.

I pretended I wasn’t leaving too. I pretended a lot! Even with all of the packing, I just kept pretending that I was going to stay there…with you…forever. I tried to imagine that instead of packing to move away that I was packing to move into a different house that was nearer to where you live. That way I could make believe all sorts of fun things that we would do. I tried to act as if it would all just go away if I didn’t think about it. But it didn’t go away…and I’m on this plane…moving further and further away from you. I think my heart is breaking too, Will. I don’t like the feeling either.

We’ve been flying for over 3 hours now. Donnie is still asleep. I wish I had my camera with me. He’s drooling. It would be fun to show a picture of him sleeping with his mouth all wide open and drooling to the girls he dates. Serves him right for being such a dork. Daddy fell asleep too. But Mom is still reading. She came over to me a little while ago to see what I was doing. I told her that I’m writing to you and that I already miss you so much. Mom smiled at me, but she looked a little sad…like there is something she’s remembering that makes her feel bad…or like she’s thinking about something she lost. It was weird. When I asked her if she was okay she just kissed me on top of the head and said continue with writing my letter. Then she went back to her seat. I’m not really sure what that was all about.

We start high school in a few weeks. Oh! I was so upset, Will. Donnie told me that the 9th graders are still at the junior high out there! So on top of me being upset that you and I can’t go to high school together, I’m gonna have to spend another year in junior high! Luckily Daddy told me that Donnie was just teasing me. It used to be that way, but they changed it a few years ago. So I am going to the high school. Daddy smacked Donnie on the back of his head but Donnie still stuck his tongue out at me. I couldn’t stop laughing.

Remember how we talked about going to high school together? I was really looking forward to taking classes together and stuff. But now I’m so scared. I’m not sure I’ll know how to make friends without you, Willow. You’ve always been the outgoing one. I’m too shy. I mean, you were the one to stick up to Cordelia! I never could. Don’t let her bug you this year, Will. Okay? Promise?

Ahh! I’m going to be starting at a brand new school in a brand new country. Now I’m really scared! I’ve never gone to school with other military kids before…Michael doesn’t count cuz his family lives off the base too. And on top of it all, I’m going to be “the new kid.” Donnie will be the only other person there I know…and he’s going to be a senior. He’ll probably pretend that he doesn’t even know me. That would be so like him.

I’ve already talked to Mom and Daddy about finding me a math tutor. I don’t know if it will help though. You’re the only one who has ever been able to explain math to me so that I can understand it. What am I going to do without you? * sigh * I’ll probably fail…or get a D. The only classes I’m not worried about are Art and English…oh…and history. I guess I’ll just spend all my time studying…and missing you.

I’ve already said it so many times, but I really am going to miss you too, Willow. I do right now…miss you. And I’m going to miss you every second of every day, too. Just like we said that day under our tree. Will you still go to our tree? Will you take someone else there? Will you build little villages out of rocks and sticks like you used to do for me…so that I could draw them? I want to be under our tree right now instead of on this plane. I want to be anywhere you are right now.

I feel like I’m going to cry, Will. So I’m going to finish up this letter. Cuz I know Donnie will wake up if I start crying…and he’ll just tease me…and Mom might get sad again. I’ll cry when I get to my own room and can close the door.

I’ve decided that I’m going to keep a diary…I will write in it every day until I see you again. That way I can show it to you and you can read about what I did every day. Will you do that too, Willow? Then when we are back under our tree we can read each other’s diaries…and it will be as if we didn’t miss out on stuff because we were apart. Will you do that, Will? For me?

I will write to you again as soon as I can. I’ll tell you about our new house and my new school. Be sure to let me know what school is like for you too, okay? I’ll think about you all the time.

Oh…you wanted to know what I was dreaming last night. I wasn’t dreaming, Will. Actually, I wasn’t even asleep. I heard you get up and go to the bathroom. I thought you would be right back so I waited. I did fall asleep again for a few minutes, but then I knew you were back. I didn’t hear you come in or anything, I just sort of felt you…and I just knew you were there. I kept my eyes closed though. I was going to wait until you got into your sleeping bag and then tickle you. But you didn’t go back to bed…you just sat down and watched me. I guess I was smiling because I liked you looking at me like that. When you left, I knew you were crying…and I cried too. I did hear you come back the second time and get in your sleeping bag and I stayed awake until I knew you were sleeping. You have this cute little snore…that’s how I knew you weren’t awake anymore. I couldn’t fall back asleep so I watched you for a little while. You’re so peaceful when you sleep, Will. I’m not sure if you know this or not, but…you reached out and grabbed my hand in your sleep. You held it next to your cheek. I was able to sleep again.

Write to me soon.

Forever,

Tara

Frivolous Views

Last edited by GayNow on Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next