The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90  Next
 Post subject: Re: Looking for a Willow & Tara Fic Thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:19 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 4
MotherD wrote:
Hello, mmmh,.....not sure if it is my place to answer this but I'll try.
You may be looking for "Lotus" by Zooeys' Bridge,....it is still an active story (OR it just completed) on the Different Pens board.
Hope this helps,
Blessings

Hi! Yes! Author, here. First of all, this is a very exciting moment for me (albeit a year late) because this is the first time anyone's looked for my fic before! I'm chuffed!

Here's where I sheepishly admit the story is not yet completed even though the climax re: Tara's return happened. I'm having a harder time wrapping it up than I thought, and intended to finish it last year and as much as I'd like to blame it on the pandemic, most of it is simply writer's block. I'm not off the hook until its done-done and in the Completed Fics forum. (One day!)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:21 am 
10. Troll Hammer

shirrey wrote:
Cinderlust, you're welcome. Tbh I read your request then it was driving ME crazy lol because I could picture the scene but couldn't place it- through lots of slow dot connecting Google finally helped lol- Darkness Falls is a great story!

Yes!! The fact that this fic is still unfinished haunts me. One of my favorites. :((((((

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:04 am 
3. Flaming O

Hello everybody,....I'm hoping to find a fic that I've read once but can't get out of my mind. I've looked over the "Completed Fics" boards, but, since I can't remember the title it's a no go.
Willow left SunnyD after the magic use led to Dawn getting hurt and went to Oregon? She opened a shop making soaps and candles and stuff. Tara was in SunnyD and found gifts Willow sent to the Summers' house.
HELP!
Thanks & Blessings

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:30 pm 
3. Flaming O

https://thekittenboard.net/thekitt/viewtopic.php?p=57358#57358

One of the great ones. :)

AO3 Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:07 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Please only use KB links in this thread, if you don't mind :)

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:35 am 
3. Flaming O

Oops, sorry. Was under the impression that the jas archive was kosher.

AO3 Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:08 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Rutkowski wrote:
Oops, sorry. Was under the impression that the jas archive was kosher.

Feel free to PM them if necessary!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:38 pm 
3. Flaming O

Well, Hello. Me again. I've been remembering a fic that I'd love to locate. Not sure where I initially read it though, it might not have been a Pens post.
Any-hoo, Willow had been harmed by her father at 5 yrs old and now couldn't be in the sunlight. Tara was in it, but I'm not sure what her role was exactly. Willow drove a cool car without having to see out the windshield; that's all I've got. Help me, please.
Blessings

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:20 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 9
Zooeys_Bridge , remember that fic you had asked about like a year ago?? I finally stumbled across it. The Stone Circle by Mariacomet- it's in the Unfinished fics section (and it is incredible).

MotherD- that sounds like a cool fic, will be checking in to see if anyone recognizes it

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:26 pm 
3. Flaming O

Quote:
Zooeys_Bridge , remember that fic you had asked about like a year ago?? I finally stumbled across it. The Stone Circle by Mariacomet- it's in the Unfinished fics section (and it is incredible).

YES,...that is it exactly! There are SO many fics that I wis,,,,,,,NO, don't say That word!,....would like to have been finished.
Of course, any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Blessings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:20 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 134
Dubs Festive Advent Challenge.

I’m procrastinating because I really don’t want to move on with the ConfidentialVerse but yet I really do. How do you move on from perfection? oh right Willow in series-doesn’t-exist. Best not go there.

So in the spirit of the ConvidentialVerse opening me up to things I’ve never thought about before through the medium of Tara and Willow, I’m putting out a challenge to the KittenBoard.

I HATE Christmas. Scrooge me up, let the ghost of Christmas future show me relatives slagging me off or having complete disinterest in me and I’d pat them on the back and shake the ghosts hand (got to admire people who are consistent throughout past, present and future). However I am obsessed with Tara. Can the KittenBoard use my obsession to manipulate my emotions into liking Christmas?

I will be reviewing Christmas stories on the Board in advent calendar style so a minimum of one a day for 24 days. I’ll be reviewing on christmassyness rather than the story unless I really like it then you might get a FC2 review hehehe.

So please use this opportunity to promote your own Christmas story or highlight one you really enjoy reading. I’m looking for stories 10k words or less ideally, open to longer but I think 20k is the absolute limit if I have to read it in one day. One shots rather than part of a larger story.

I will try to include as many recommended as possible.

Thankyou anyone who wants to entertain the notion and maybe join in yourselves.

So in short and to stay on the theme of this thread. I'm looking for that specific fic I've definitely read and am trying to remember (I'm lying but the brackets mean my words cant be read right? cool ill style it out) that shows me the real meaning of Christmas.

Just incase anyone is interested in how it ended up =

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 20 / 21 / 22 / 23 / 24 / 25.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

Last edited by Dub on Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:55 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

You're going to want to check out some of the challenges... specifically the 10th Anniversary Kitten Fic Challenge; Jingle Bells, Buffy Smells, Riley Flew Away; Stocking Stuffers; 'Tis The Season and The New Year Challenge

I wrote a tiny little ficlet once too called I'll Be Home For Christmas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:31 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Thankyou, got them all down. I've gone through all the archives and Pens. Might end up being one of them illusive 31 day advent calendars.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:36 pm 
3. Flaming O

Me, AGAIN! I know that I caught the beginning of a fic that featured Willow after Tara's death asking Anya for a wish and ends up in a totally different Sunnydale. I can't seem to find it on Different Colored Pens, or even, No surprise to me, Remember the title..........Help?
Thanks & Blessings

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:11 am 
10. Troll Hammer

It rings a bell. Ill have a route through later and see if i can find it for you. My first instinct says Lotus because of the graveside Anya/Willow scene and the Tara/Spike empty Sunnydale but i remember there being one where a wish did actually happen. I think the wish had something to do with Warren.

Had a look through and found The Wish by Dixon but that's certainly not the one you're looking for. it is one that has Anya do a wish to resurrect Tara so might keep you occupied in the interim.

Ill keep an eye out. I'm sure its on the KittenBoard.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:59 pm 
3. Flaming O

"I think the wish had something to do with Warren."........YES, yes it did. Thanks for the help, Dub.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:54 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hi MotherD- I am pretty sure what you are looking for is a relatively new fic by mmm-hot-sauce that I sadly do not see on the board anymore, I wonder if they pulled it.... it was great so far, so hopefully I am just overlooking it. I can't remember what it was called unfortunately but it did have to do with a wish from Anya and Warren

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:59 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Twice Remembered by mmm-hot-sauce was pulled for breaking the FAQ.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:13 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

ahhh, ok, thanks Laragh!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:34 am 
3. Flaming O

Laragh,....would it be taboo of me to ask why (specifically) "Twice Remembered" was pulled? I've been working on a few story ideas of my own and wouldn't want to 'break' the same rule.
Thanks & Blessings

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:35 am 
10. Troll Hammer

I too would be interested in knowing. From what I remember I would assume it broke the rule because it was set after the Canonal happenings of 'seeing red' however it kind of went AU with the Sunnydale dimension(?) change which could maybe loophole that rule like other stories on the board have. Not criticizing, I get its done on a case by case basis and its up to the moderators, I'm just curious.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:08 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

It featured Willow in another relationship. Any romantic/sexual relationship describing Willow and/or Tara with others is off-topic and not allowed.

Post Seeing Red fics are allowed as long as they do not feature Kennedy in any way (and of course that both Willow and Tara are alive in the end)

You can read the full FAQ here

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:23 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Yep that would do it. Bad Willow. Thankyou Laragh.

Got it, sorry getting confused between Pen and board rules. Although I know a few here with JFK (sorry, dead president/JFK), not in a relationship though but they have already been addressed years ago when discussions of Pen rules changing were on going. Lack of moderators, case by case basis etc. At a later date I will have to pick your brains on the definition of happy ending though. But I should probably finish the first before the 2nd and 5th instalments.

Remember kids ask a moderator if ever unsure because I looked for hours for something that's not here. I found a repo! crossover so I'm not complaining and it kept me off the streets and drugs, so the author did kind of help the community and from me having to find my trainers. silver linings.

Edit - Ok that's cool. the system automatically changed the K-name to JFK.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:23 am 
3. Flaming O

Thanks for letting me know, Laragh, I didn't even know that was a "thing".
Also, thanks to Dub for helping.
Blessings

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:27 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Ill keep an eye out and message you if I find it because I'm kind of intrigued in how it ends. Sneaky cat mode activated. fanfiction prohibition bootlegging.
Why must people have us hooked then break the FAQ.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:53 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Dub wrote:
At a later date I will have to pick your brains on the definition of happy ending though. But I should probably finish the first before the 2nd and 5th instalments.

From the FAQ:

The continuation of the W/T couple, which logically means Willow and Tara are alive and together in the end

We also evaluate fics based on them being 'in the spirit of the board' meaning celebration of the W/T coupledom and respect for this being a safe space for W/T lovers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:33 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

In that case I might be alright. Ill make sure to check with you or another moderator first before posting though when the time comes.
Thankyou for the explanation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:15 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hello,
I don't know if anyone checks this thread anymore but I thought I would give this a go. I've been looking through old posts on this thread and people kept mentioning a fic I thought I would really enjoy, 'Yesterday's Tomorrow' by Ophelia11, the old links in this thread is to here
But it comes up as I don't have permission to access it. I don't know if it's just me or if anyone can give me a solution to read it but I thought I would try posting just in case

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:44 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

That fic was removed by request of the author! It's in a hidden forum, hence why you're getting the permissions error.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:12 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

hey! sorry if this has been asked before... hope this is the right place to ask... does anyone have a working link to Unexpected Consequences? been really wanting to read it again and i can't for the life of me find it

"occasionally, i'm callous and strange."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90  Next