The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Willow and Tara times Drabbletines (Eh, it will do)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:04 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 134
The 12 Drabbles of Willow and Tara (-mas? Probably no mas).

A drabble is a piece of writing that is exactly 100 words.

The twelve days of Christmas turned out to be complexly religious. As most people know it, it’s that period of gorging on day 1 and then by day 12 you’re back at work thinking same shiitake different day.

Willow and Tara are . . . You might be in the wrong place if you don’t know.

Let’s combine the three like a three bird roast. Creating The 12 Drabbles of Willow and Tara (-mas? Probably no mas)!

To help get out of the malaise of brain foggery that comes with the stint of Christmas, waiting, New Years, back to work. Each day will be given a prompt word/phrase to work into a Willow and Tara Drabble.

Standard set out (variations welcome)
Rating -
Content warnings -
Prompt –

Your 100 words

There’s no demand to do every prompt, you pick and choose what you like. You can combine prompts but no matter how many you choose it has to be exactly 100 words.

You’re welcome to post as many drabbles to your hearts content.

A prompt will be added each day.

The Prompts –

Day 1 – A partridge in a pear tree.

Day 2 – Two turtle doves

Day 3 – Three French hens

Day 4 – Four calling birds

Day 5 – Five golden rings

Day 6 – Six geese a laying

Day 7 – Seven swans a swimming

Day 8 – Eight maids a milking

Day 9 – Nine ladies dancing

Day 10 – Ten lords a leaping

Day 11 – Eleven pipers piping

Day 12 – Twelve drummers drumming

There might be a theme.

Optional post 12 Drabbles of Willow and Tara (-mas? Probably no mas) challenge, can you write a drabble including every prompt?

Small print – If you do post your drabble elsewhere please link and credit it to this KB post.

Willow and Tara times Drabbletines (Eh, it will do) Prompts - Feb 14th 2024

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

Last edited by Dub on Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The 12 Drabbles of Willow and Tara (-mas? Probably no ma
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:21 am 
10. Troll Hammer

The time has passed for this really.

I've added the intended prompts. Anyone is most welcome to post their drabble at any time.
No need for it to be about the season or reason for the prompt.

I might add prompts through the year for various holidays and events.

Thankyou.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:22 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - U or K (suitable for all ages).
Prompt – Giving the 12 Drabbles Challenge a go, so all of them.
Authors Note - I've counted the ellipse and hyphenated words as one word each.

Tara’s eyes fluttered open into the night’s darkness. Musings next to her rousing her from the slumber.

“Twelve drummers drumming, eleven pipers piping” The words came as though petite snores. “Ten lords a-leaping, nine ladies dancing, eight maids a milking.” Willow’s breathing remained consistent, her mutterings softly audible. “Seven swans’ a-swimming, three French hens, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree . . . four calling birds, six geese a-laying, five golden rings.”

Still fast asleep, Willow snuggled into Tara. “My true love,” mumbles turned back to snores.

Tara could only smile at the warmth she was coaxed in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:12 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt – Eight maids a-milking

Bare feet slapped hard on the hospital linoleum. The pace spry for an 83 year old retired financier with arthritic knees.

“Tara he doesn’t need the gown.”

“He looks cold.”

“Yeah well, morgue fridges aren’t big on the cosies.”

A metal rack crashed down to their left. They hastily followed the commotion only to be met by two swaying doors. The girls wheezed while assessing their choice. Willow nodded to the left. Tara positioned the gown open. And in they charged.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHAaaaaaaaaahhhhh oops.”

Tara lowered the gown to Willows reaction and saw a room of mothers breastfeeding their new-borns. “Oops.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:43 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt – Six geese a-laying

“Buffy is laying eggs,” Giles announced while cleaning his glasses.

“Come on Giles, it’s the 21st century we are manly enough to say per- peri- time of the month.” Anya gave Xander a patronising pat for his efforts.

“No you twit. Someone here knows why.” His glasses now donned he joined the glares pointed towards Willow.

“I thought making breakfast would get her motivated.” Willow reasoned looking to Tara for reassurance. A look Tara couldn’t return.

Punch bag chains rattled as a yell left the training room “Oh I’m making it!”

“Eggs sound nice,” offered Anya. ”Not the bad kind.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:28 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt – Two turtle doves

“We look at the ink blots then the first thing we think of we conjure.”

“Together?”

“Uh huh.”

“Couldn’t I just tell you what I see?”

“Well yeah but this is more fun.”

“Cool.” Replied Tara with a half-smile.

The witches held hands, on Willows cue they looked at the revealed ink blot. Focusing their concentration, the magiks swirled between them. Pained cries came forth as white wings futilely flapped on the carpet, unable to lift its shell encased body.

“I saw a bird,” Tara’s smile was now gone.

“I saw a turtle. Can’t hand this in to Professor Walsh.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:42 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt – A partridge in a pear tree.
Authors Note - For a while now I've pondered the notion of whether a Willow and Tara story can be told without Willow and Tara at all. If we could learn something about them or feel their affect on the people around them, without them being the narrator or story focus at all.
I don't want to be too literal with these prompts so this prompt makes me think of nesting.
Seems I have an opportunity to test that theory.

It started with an overnight bag.

Then some cool magic stuff thanks to the latest creature feature. Guess they don’t stop.

Then Tara’s dorm had to be cleared. Boxes that didn’t fit into Willow’s dorm came here. Think I saw a Ouija board. Wonder if I could use it?

The summer campus clear came and Willow brought everything here. Everything was practically here anyway. In mom’s room.

We didn’t talk about it, it just happened. It’s not that I don’t want them here but how long before they go too?

Mom and Buffy are gone and I still have family.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:01 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - PG-13 (I disagree but censors - profanity)
Prompt – Three French hens
Authors Note - I have not counted the usernames in the word count as I feel that's a stylistic choice for the chatfic aesthetic as opposed to words that count in the drabble.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:17 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
I just want to say I'm really impressed by these!!!!

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:39 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - U or K (Suitable for all ages)
Prompt - Eleven Pipers piping.
Authors Note - Done a chatfic might as well do a coffeeshop fic.

The intense steam screeched out of the machines as customers gossiped and slurped their beverages.

“Cappuccino for Piper.”

A woman came up to the counter, instantly taking an asbestos mouth sip.

“That’s like the eleventh Piper! How do they even know which one to go up?” Willow stood beside Tara, waiting for their mochas which seemed to be far down the pipeline. “Suppose their order gives it away or if it’s the same it doesn’t matter.”

Tara listened attentively. “This is you before coffee?”

“I’m babbling aren’t I? Nervy.”

“You are?”

“Uh huh, with a pretty girl on a date.”

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:01 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Nine ladies dancing

Wedding guests’ twostep shuffled around them. Hesitation on both their parts.

A touch of the waist?

Hand on shoulder?

Hand in hand?

The brief brushes when tying up Anya’s dress sent tingles down both their spines. For a moment even the pain of these past months left Tara’s mind when in Willow’s rescuing embrace. An act that wouldn’t take a single thought now engaging every thought to put into action.

A dance they agreed.

“I-I think, I’m needed somewhere, not here.”

“Tara wait. Please. There’s a song change.”

On cue. Yeah, let’s twist again like we did like last year.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:57 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Ten lords a-leaping

Hoppy legs and twitchy little noses came to a halt as the bell rang out.

A floor of beady eyes met blue.

Blue met green, cowering on the mezzanine.

“Anya found the book again?”

“Uh huh.”

“Where is she?”

“Here!” Anya popped her head out from behind Willow. “I will conquer this. I will show him that I can face my fear and insecurity for the one I love.”

“And he is?”

“Around.” Anya casually passed off.

“Uh huh. Why are you up there Sweetie, you like bunnies?”

Sweat pearled on Willow’s pale complexion. “She turned Xander into a frog.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:17 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - PG-13
Prompt - 12 Drummers drumming
Authors Note - Pffffft, Moss' words echoed . . . "it's not for you JenDub."

Foreheads cushioned one another as noses delicately nuzzled. Smooth rolls of air coiling across rose cheeks. Heated breaths coaxed moistened lips.

Fingertips gliding over ever bountiful beauty. Thumb grazing through follicles topping duveted eyes. Splayed fingers diving into deepened roots.

Tiny twitches causing unintended but not undesired taps.

Curled digits stroking down, fingernails skimming favourable features at a time stilling pace.

Soft moans escaping conditioned restraint.

Willow pulled away. Her actions watched by question filled doe eyes.

“Feels like there’s a marching band in my chest. It’s good. It feels, really good.”

“Yeah?”

Willow leaned back in, restraint be damned.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:08 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Four calling birds.

Flashing lights greeted Tara as she returned to her dorm.

“You have, three messages.”

Reflex kicked in pausing the answering machine. While Tara said Willow could ring she didn’t anticipate the melee of butterflies and bats inside. The victor unclear. Was it her?

Dawn passed down the stairs as Willow entered the house.

“How’d it go?”

“You know, sad.”

“Hot Cocoa?”

“I’ll give it a miss this time Dawnie.”

“That bad huh.” Dawn offered a sympathetic smile.

While SCA was helping it never got easier retelling everything she’d done. Losing everything, unless those flashing lights were from who she hoped.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:27 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Google is telling me 'SCA' is Sexual Compulsives Anonymous...Spell Casters??

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:36 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Laragh wrote:
Spell Casters??
Yup. I had to cut that one down from around 160 words so thought, screw it, it's not an announced acronym but going off people using source material intuition.
Although if people want to head canon it with the actual acronym, eh. I mean Xander does spells on his own and Willow was doing a lot of spells.
KB law, can only be with Tara though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:49 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Seven swans a swimming.
Authors Note - Well this turned unintentionally dark.

Tara laid back, Willow’s arms wrapping her close to her chest. Moonlight their only illumination.

Nothing had been said. She had lied, manipulated and endangered them all. For more lies. Emptiness. Her actions and the truths of the day left her cold.

Tara didn’t know what could be said, the silence only added to her shivers.

“Tell me a story?”

Willow hesitated. “Once upon a time there was a swan. Her family full of ugly ducklings.”

“Do they become swans?”

“No.” Willow instantly regretted her sharpness.

“Is the swan loved?”

Willow tenderly kissed Tara’s head. “Now you’ve ruined the ending.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:50 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Eleven pipers piping
Authors Note - The Magic Box has to have a loo, if not this is set in an AU world where the Magic Box has a loo.

“Come on Giles, It needs doing.” Said Xander “Tito can come this afternoon.”

“Dean’s Drainage can come on Friday, with much better referrals.”

The bell sounded announcing the girls’ arrival.

Xander rubbed his hands together “Ooh muffins.”

“Get your own Muffins.” Willow batted away greedy hands.

“Protect my muffin.” Tara gave a wink as she left the room.

“This muff is for the Buff.” Buffy was mid-bite before realising her words.

The pipes groaned, shuddered then burst, followed by a very sodden Tara’s return.

“Tara! What did you eat?” Exclaimed Xander.

“Did you get the bran muffin again?” Questioned Willow.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:46 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Five golden rings
Authors Note - Been putting off this prompt as marriage is too obvious. Then after yesterday I thought ring sting. So I settled on commitment.

“Lunar has beauty, the sun lights up the moon, making it special. Solar looks like the light is trapped. The circle of light its screams from behind the moon. Nothing deserves that.”

The dorm roof was an oasis for two. Surrounding sounds of Frat parties were carried by the Californian breeze. The night sky their canvas of thoughts.

“Admit it, you like them. I bet you had those glasses to watch.” Tara smirked.

“Made my own eclipse projector.” Willow turned her head to face Tara “I’ll make you one for next time.”

“That’s a few years away Sweetie.”

“I know.”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:51 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

“Are you sure you should be in here?” Tara kept her eyes on Willow, her anxious twitches not going unnoticed.

“It’s one little baggie, it doesn’t mean I’m off the wagon. I can look for some trinkets.”

“We don’t know how much stuff she’s taken.”

“Yeah cos she couldn’t talk to us. She was struggling and couldn’t talk to us. I hate that she felt this way. Why couldn’t she talk to us?”

Tara shielded her face. “I Wis- I want, to know why.”

“I’ll tell you if I see anything. I won’t touch it.”

Tara nodded her head “Okay.”

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:26 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Ten lords a-leaping
Authors Note - I really like the Killed by Death thought.

“Will, I need the hospital distraction,” Buffy sprinted off.

“You mean the- Oh she’s gone.” Will smiled at the incoming orderlies and offered a little wave. “Hi.” The wave turned into swatting then jerking full body movements. “FROGS! Get ‘em off, get ‘em off me!”

A blonde girl in a long skirt franticly ran straight past Willow. “F-flies! I-I’ve got, flies.” There were no flies.

Willow froze, amazement adorned her face. “Hey! That girl’s imaginary flies made the frogs go away.”

The orderlies stopped faffing around her, giving a bemused look before turning their attention to the imaginary fly girl.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:42 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Energy waned. Time was of the essence but they’d never done this before. Willow tossed another failure onto the pile.

“Maybe we should stop? M-maybe w-we’re not ready for this.”

Willow squeezed Tara’s hand. Together for the magiks, staying for the intoxicating, exhilarating and calming touch.

“Hey we can so do this. You saw Auras and I went to another world. Looky,” Willow gestured to the pile of rings. “We’ve conjured up a stall at the state fair! So we’ll make this aura swapy ringy thingy and then Buffy will be innie and not outie.”

Tara smiled “She’s a bellybutton?”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:52 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt - Eight maids a milking and five golden rings
Authors Note - Some ideas won't go away when they should.

Wires protruded between lettered ports and flashing lights. Willow would have found this work pleasurable if it wasn’t a used sex bot of her dead best friend.

The front door swung open. Tara tossed her coat on the banister as she sped upstairs.

“Movie okay?”

“Uh huh. The inspirational adult character was great. I might do a Japanese number puzzle.” Dawn swiftly exited to the kitchen.

Willow followed. “And after?”

Dawn winced. “Shakes were two for one.”

“We don’t speak of this.” Willow rummaged in the freezer and took out some toilet paper.

“They don’t show this in romance movies.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:14 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - PG13
Disclaimer - No books were harmed in the writing of this.

“She’s acting like it’s nothing.”

“Mhmm?” Tara pulled away from her book to pay attention to Willow.

“It’s been wet for the last three cups. There’s tea rings everywhere.”

Tara placed her hand on the bouncing leg under the table. Three all-nighters researching for Little Bo Peep with the strength to spatchcock a human. Tensions were straining among the Scoobies.

Willow’s opened page caught Tara’s eye. “Hey guys, I think Will’s found her.”

Anya placed down her wet rimmed cup on her triumphly closed book.

An act that unleashed Willow’s pointed rage of built up minor grievance. “YOU’RE A MONSTER!”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:38 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - R
Content Warning - Animal harm, Violence, Gore, Murder.
Prompt - Four calling birds.

Corvus swooped onto the bread before grass blades felt its touch. His side impacted by the incoming force that was Cape, throwing them to the ground. Bread out of reach.

Intense glares marked furiosity. Crows gathered. Sentries’ circled. Neither to touch the trophy for the first crimson streams decorated parched earth.

Cape slashed claws tearing through Corvus’ prideful chest. His waning heart passing the last pumps to slam his beak through Cape’s eye, brain oozing from cracked skull crevices.

Anguished squawks filled the air.

“That’s a lotta birds.” Willow took another bite of her sandwich.

“It’s a murder,” replied Tara.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:40 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - U or K (Suitable for all ages).

Life can be disconnected.

As Tara watched Dawn and Willow bob about in the middle of the grocery aisle with bagels balancing on their heads. She very much felt this.

“I’m a bagelcorn.”

“I’m a bagelcorn.” Dawn dropped the goofy voice. “Buffy staked a vamp here.”

Seeing Dawn’s pain Willow chimed in. “One of Harmony’s gang. Buffy kicked him into the shelves, bagels landed on his head. And well, Harmony and unicorns.”

“And Buffy’s stupid puns.”

Willow held out a bagel for Tara. Tara placed it with touched pride. “I’m a bagelcorn,” goofy voice donned.

Disconnection can become the connection.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:03 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Prompt – A partridge in a pear tree. - Nesting.
Authors Note - Tara likes her dorm dark.

Tara turned her keys in the door. “You okay?”

“Yeah. No. It’s just, this is different. Like this is your space. A space I haven’t ruined for you.”

Tara pulled Willow in close. “You haven’t ruined anything. It’s just a dorm. My home is wherever you are. Always will be.”

Willow broke away after several scintillating smoochies. “Okay. Does this mean I get to uncover your mysteries?”

They entered the dorm. Every surface, wall, floor, ceiling, were covered in Willow. Willow’s undressing silhouette in the window at night. Willow eating salad. Willow waiting outside of class.

“You took up photography?”

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:41 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating –PG-13
Prompt – Partridge in a pear tree – Couples are pairs and partridges are game birds. There’s a slang meaning for game birds.
Authors Note – Another attempt at a Willow and Tara story without Willow and Tara. More their effect on others.

“What are you doing?”

“Picking up the phone.”

“The phone didn’t actually ring Ahn.”

“Yes but what if they’re listening to us.”

“We’re the ones who left.”

Anya perched on Xander’s lap. “From the sounds of it Tara’s the one leaving.”

“Didn’t know she could get angry.”

“Do we look like that to others?”

“Like what?”

“Uncomfortable to be around each other.”

“I err, no. No.”

“It just whenever we talk about the wed-“

“Let’s have sex!”

“Now? But there’s lesbians fighting.”

“Love it when you talk dirty.”

“We can put the phone in the bed, say its phone sex.”

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:59 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - R
Content Warning - Animal mutilation, Gore.
Prompt - Seven swans a swimming

Tara’s skirt dragged behind as the stream water dampened its ends.

“And you’re sure she screamed? It wasn’t a hiccup? Or burp?”

“We have to find her.”

Xander stopped Tara’s forward march. “We’re in nature’s bounty. She’s in that Elmo fur right? We just need to look for red.”

Red curtails flowed past their feet. They ran up the blood trail. Puss ridden face, matted feathers and mouldy flesh was their pot of gold.

“Why if it isn’t Count Duckula’s cousin, Swanenstein.”

Swanenstein swayed forward, spreading its grotty wings wide. A maggot encrusted hole framed the unconscious body of,

“WILLOOOOOOOOWWW!”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:37 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Rating - U or K (Suitable for all ages).
Prompt - Two turtle doves
Authors Note - Schildkröt translates to turtle in Luxembourgish.

Everything about the guy said ‘kid’s backyard party magician’. An ill-fitting cheap suit with costume top hat and sparkly waistcoat.

“Schildkröt!”

Apart from that. Xander’s arms and legs sucked into his torso. Hitting the ground hard.

“I bid you adieu.” The magician hopped on the back of his model balloon dog and floated out of the alley.

Willow aimed her crossbow. “Two more degrees.” The bolt whistled out, resulting in pink rubber rain.

Tara winced at the bang but couldn’t ignore Willow’s beaming smile. “Math?”

“Geometry saves the day!”

Doves lugged the dangling magician. “Raise me my children!”

“Or not.”