The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Replies
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:15 pm 
:bigwave sabina :flower ,

Just caught up to all the updates. I love this fic. :clap :bow I can't believe how dense :willow and :tara are being. :eek I mean there is dense and then they is just plain blind. :lol I hope they figure it out soon. Can't wait to :read more and see what happens next. Update soon, please? :pray :pray :pray :pray

Grace :glasses :flower :fallen :peace

-----------------------------------------

"Fate keeps on happening."--Anita Loos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:32 pm 
:bigwave sabina,

I found this fic a couple of days ago but I didn't leave any feedback. Bad me :punish .

Now that the beatings are over....I love this fic!!! Can't wait to :read more!!! :banana

Gina

----------

"The only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll get it right." ~~~ In This Diary, By - The Ataris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:23 pm 
Yipee! Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love you Tomorrow, You're only a day away!!!! :banana :bounce :eatme :dance

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it!!!:party

Okay well, Thank you soooo much for making this wonderful update that isn't even here yet, but I know it will be just wonderful!!!

*awaits the upcoming event : THE UPDATE*

:sheep

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:54 pm 
hey.. sorry for the late reply.. bad me:punish

great update..

yup i agree with them.. amazing update. :clap

ohhh I like the part where willow stopped breathing for Tara's concern and when Tara shouted "Shoot the damn thing!" so cool.. just shows how much they care already for each other..

:bow thank so much :kiss for the update..

humble reader:flower ,

Red Jassy

Cause you were made for me/Somehow I'll make you see/How happy you make me

I can't live this life/Without you by my side/I need you to survive
So stay with me/You look in my eyes and I'm screaming inside/that I'm sorry. » Evanescence

Post subject: The Artifact - chapter seven
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:16 am 
Hi everyone

Tempest Duer
You don’t need to wait anymore

bluewillowwitch
Thank you

I’m really glad that you’re liking this fic. No need to wait anymore… The update is here

undertheirspell
Welcome aboard

And thank you for leaving feedback

I feel like doing a happy dance every time I see a reply

Hopefully you’ll like this new update too

ExtraFlameh Candlelit
I hope you’re right and the update is wonderful

Red Jassy
Better late than never. Thank you

• Title:
The Artifact

• Author:
sabina

Yes, please. I crave it.

• Distribution:
Anywhere. Just please ask me first.

• Spoilers:
No spoilers whatsoever. This is an AU fic.

• Rating:
It is going to get to NC-17.

• Pairing:
W/T

• Disclaimer:
The “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” series and its characters are the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. The “Tomb Raider” videogame is the property of Eidos Interactive and Core Design. This fic is not meant to infringe any copyrights.

• Summary:
Willow and Tara are two strong and independent tomb raiders who are both hired to find the same artifact. Trapped inside a temple they realize that not everything is what it seems and they have to work together and fight side by side for their lives as they try to find the way out.

• Note 1:
I want to thank my beta reader TKOLove, who has supported this idea and putted up with all my questions and doubts since the beginning without ever complaining.
Your work makes this fic a better one, so thank you TKOLove.

• Note 2:
I love Tomb Raider and this fic was something that had been in the back of my mind for long. Now I finally decided to write it. I hope you all enjoy reading it.

• Note 3:
Thoughts are in
italics

Chapter seven

This new room wasn’t like any of the others they’d been in.It was absolutely huge.A river flowed next to the right wall, and on the left there were various trees, bushes, and smaller plants.The entire ground was covered with vegetation.The only wall that could be seen was the one next to the river; all others were either too far to be seen, or hidden by trees and other flora.
The women were momentarily rendered speechless by the beauty of the scenery.Willow finally broke the silence, but did so with such a tender and gentle voice that Tara felt as if she’d been enveloped by warmth.

“Wow.This looks like something a nineteenth century painter would choose for background to paint his or her lover.I can almost see it.A blanket lying next to that oak tree, its red and black squares standing out against the green and blue surrounding it.And on top of that blanket, a sleeping woman.Looking like a forest sprite, mistress of the old trees and bushes; beautiful, innocent, and gracious in her unguarded sleep.There’s a small smile tugging at the corners of her mouth, her soft blonde hair cascading down her shoulders and breasts.She’s above all the petty contingencies of life.A being made of light and love.”

Willow’s mouth had suddenly gone dry.The vision in her head had shifted from a far away view to a close one, and now she could see that the woman sleeping was Tara and that Willow herself was painting the portrait.

She swallowed hard before resuming her description with an even gentler tone than before.
“Her blonde hair falls over her left cheek at a sudden breeze.The wind blowing so softly that its only purpose seems to be to caress the sleeping beauty.Her nose wrinkles a little before she lifts a hand to push back the hair that’s tickling it.She sighs contentedly, and suddenly the sun gets brighter, its rays warmer, and all is right in the world because she smiled.”

Tara hung on every word the redhead spoke, the soothing tone of Willow’s voice inviting her into the very picture the redhead described.Only instead of a blonde resting on the blanket, Tara envisioned a gorgeous, lightly-freckled, red-headed woman.

I see you Willow.It will always be you.On the shore of a river, in the middle of the ocean, on top of a mountain, or simply stuck in traffic on the highway.You’re the one…you’re the only one I want to see.

The redhead stopped talking because she had serious doubts as to whether her voice was going to hold much longer.The scene in her head was so full of peace and love; she could feel her heart swelling just thinking about it.

Tara.
She sighed deeply, and only then did she realize what she’d been saying.

Oh, I can’t believe this!Here we are trapped, with no idea whatsoever how we’re going to manage to get out of here alive, and I’m indulging the romantic side that I had no idea I even had.And now she probably thinks I’m a lunatic.Oh yeah, really smooth!A blonde woman lying on a blanket!
Willow chastised herself. She was just going to apologize to Tara for wasting their time, but then caught sight of the dreamy look on the blonde’s face.

Oh man…I wonder who the blonde is that she’s imagining on the blanket.Lucky girl.Maybe I could dye my hair blonde.On second thought…yuck.Probably not a good look for me…what with this extra-flamey red and all.I really hate the blonde that’s filling Tara’s mind right now.Whoever she is, I hope I’m sending her enough bad vibes to at least give her a strong headache…or maybe two.

Willow’s jealously was working at full speed.

Then Tara came back to Earth.She gazed over at Willow and saw a look on her face that she’d never seen before.She couldn’t say what it was but she could see that the redhead was not pleased.

It was she who started the whole talk about pictures and fair maidens lying under trees.So, ok I probably spaced out a little there.I guess she’s probably annoyed.

“I’m sorry I spaced.I think I let myself be fooled by the peaceful scenery, and I was sort of enjoying the view without thinking that we’re still locked inside a temple full of traps,” the blonde said.
“Don’t be sorry.Heck I was the one who started the whole dreamland thing.All this talent for writing children’s bedtime stories wasted on a tomb raider,” she added, and laughed without conviction.She was still feeling like she’d been punched in her stomach, unable to shake the thought of Tara thinking about some other girl.It weighed heavily on Willow’s heart.

“I think you described it beautifully,” the blonde said with enthusiasm accompanying her low tone.

Oh geeze!That kind of came out with a little more passion than I’d intended it to.

The blonde’s warm voice made Willow smile, and when she looked into two summer blue eyes she completely forgot what it was that had her so upset…and she smiled.
They both felt the temperature starting to rise and the familiar charge between them intensifying.

Tara was the first one to look away.It was becoming more and more difficult to fight the pull she felt towards the slender redhead.The love she felt in her heart grew with every passing minute.

She doesn’t love me the same way I love her.I want her to be happy so I’m not going to push.I just have to look away now.I wait another few seconds and all the good intentions in the world couldn’t stop me from kissing her.

“Willow, I was thinking.Maybe we could use this river to freshen up.Afterwards, we could indulge in those marvelous protein balls yet again, then start looking for a way out of here.”

“Yeah, you’re right.We should probably use the river one at a time.That way the other one could keep an eye on the one bathing and on the surroundings.”

What?Am I crazy?Why do I say these things as they come to my head?Not a difficult concept; process the thoughts, then let them leave your mouth!!I don’t know if can survive seeing Tara bathe!I’ve made it through run-ins with all kinds of monsters and traps, and now the sight of one naked blonde woman is going to kill me dead on the spot.My heart and body will both explode from longing!Oh God!
Willow was finding it difficult to breathe.

The blonde’s thoughts were filled with how unsettling she found the one-at-a-time, watching-the-bather idea.
Me watching Willow bathe?I can’t do that.It’s warm blood that runs through my veins, not ice water.

“Uhm…Willow, I think it’s better if we have some privacy.We can both take care of ourselves and it’ll be less embarrassing this way.”

It’s not like I wouldn’t love to see you naked, because I would.It’s just that my body catches fire every time I’m near you – even when you’re fully dressed…and I’m afraid I won’t be able to hold back…and I’ll ravage you if I see you naked,
the blonde continued in her head.

“Ok then.”The redhead was feeling somehow disappointed.

So, five minutes ago I was chastising myself for the situation I was getting myself in to, and now that Tara resolved it I’m feeling sad? What’s my problem? Oh yeah I know…Tara isn’t attracted to me, that’s what!Maybe she’s not even gay and I’ve read everything wrong.

Willow’s day had just gotten a lot darker.
She didn’t want Tara to notice her distress, so she answered in her most neutral voice.
“OK, you’re probably right.You go first.I’ll just go sit over there by that tree with my back turned to you.That way you’ll have privacy and I’m close enough to help you if something weird happens.”

Her voice had none of its usual warmth, but at least it held.Tara noticed the little difference but she didn’t look in the redhead’s direction as she answered, for fear of giving away her own true feelings.
“Ok, that’s fine.I’ll call you when I’m done.”

Is she upset because I don’t want her near while I wash myself?Was it unfriendly of me to ask her to give me privacy?She was only looking out for my safety, and I have to admit…my guard isn’t exactly at its highest when I’m bathing.I probably came across rudely.I’m sorry, Willow, but this is for your own good.You don’t want me, and I don’t want to push…but I’m not made of stone.

Tara sighed heavily as she went to the river.When she reached the water’s edge, she looked everywhere searching for possible threats.When she found none, she undressed quickly and started to bathe.
In the meantime, Willow had been feeling miserable, sitting with her back turned to the blonde.When she heard the sound of splash, she felt the sudden urge to just take a peek at the other woman.

No! Tara wants privacy.I’m not going to look at her while I’m hiding behind a tree like some psycho ogling schoolgirls. I’m strong.I can do it.

Willow crossed her arms forcefully as if she was trying to make a point to herself, but the sounds of a certain blonde’s bathing kept coming her way, and she couldn’t restrain herself any longer.

On the other hand, I should make sure that there isn’t anything menacing approaching her.These crypts are tricky.I’m just going to take a peek to see if everything’s ok.
She sighed deeply.
If I keep trying, maybe I can convince myself. Jeez.I’m a perv.

The redhead got up without making a sound, turned around, and slowly moved her head so that the tree was no longer obstructing her view.

What she saw took her breath away and made her knees feel like marshmallows in Jell-O.She thanked every deity she could remember for the tree that was supporting her.Without it she was sure she’d have collapsed on the floor and passed out.
Tara was just coming out of the river when Willow looked.Water was running down her body, flowing from her hair, gathering for a second on her collar bone before cascading down the sides of her breasts, flowing quickly into the patch of blonde curls, and disappearing there for a moment, before falling to the floor in the form of tiny droplets.

Just as quickly as she had looked, Willow turned her head away and resumed her position with her back against the tree.Her breathing was labored and her heart hammered in her chest.It had only been a couple of seconds but it was enough to imprint the sight of Tara bathing deeply into Willow’s mind.It was something that the redhead would not forget as long as she lived.
“Beautiful,” was the only word that got past the redhead’s lips.Her body was reacting heavily to Tara’s image, aching to trail the path that the water was taking…with her fingers, her lips, and her tongue.She couldn’t think straight, feeling herself getting wet in a way she’d never been before; she was soaking through her panties.

Thank God Tara decided to dismiss my idea of watching each other’s back while we bathe.If I had to watch her run the soap all over her body I’d probably faint from lack of blood to my brain.That would probably be a little difficult to explain.Oh, and the river of wetness flowing from my shorts wouldn’t make explaining any easier. Why didn’t I keep my eyes to myself?I bet Tara would have resisted temptation.She’s so strong.And why would someone as beautiful as Tara be interested in me?I’m just some lunatic staring at her from behind a tree while she bathes.She deserves so much better.

Willow sighed sadly.She was so engrossed in her thoughts for such a long while that she didn’t hear Tara get dressed and approach her.When the blonde laid a hand on her shoulder to tell her she was done, Willow jumped back and hit her head hard against a low-lying branch…the impact making her fall to the ground.
“Willow!” Tara screamed the redhead’s name before composing herself and realizing her companion had gotten back on her feet and wasn’t seriously injured.

“Are you ok?I’m really sorry I startled you.I finished my bath, and I just wanted to let you know that you can go freshen up.I’m really sorry,” Tara finished in a whisper, dropping her head.

Nice way to seduce a girl.Scare her to death and make her bang her head into a tree.At least this way she’s sure to drop to the floor right at your feet.Why can’t I do anything right where she’s concerned?I could have called out to her, but no!I had to be greedy and jump at the opportunity to walk up and touch her.

Good grief, Rosenberg, don’t take your frustrations out on the poor tree.Just because you can’t control your mind doesn’t mean you have to attack the foliage with your head.Jeez, I’m acting like an idiot!And now Tara’s worried.I have to fix this…I certainly don’t want her to feel bad when the reason why I was distracted in the first place was because I’d been spying on her.I have to get a grip.I can’t afford to be this distracted.It can get both of us killed.

“I’m ok,” Willow said, while rubbing the skin that hit the tree.“I’m a hard-headed girl,” the redhead jokingly added.She could see that the blonde was feeling bad for startling her, and Willow never wanted Tara to be upset.

Tara lifted her head when she heard Willow’s playful tone, and she smiled a bright smile.
Willow was still feeling a little embarrassed for having been caught daydreaming and banging her head on a tree like a half-wit, and also because her reverie had been full of images of Tara’s naked body.So she decided to change the subject.
“Well, I think I’ll go freshen up, then.”
“Ok.I’ll be here sitting by your favorite tree.If you need anything, just call out to me.”

Does that include needing help washing myself?Hmm…I’m sure Tara would take good care of me.Those strong hands running the soap all over me, and her body pressed close to mine.What a feeling it would be, to abandon myself in her hands, in her arms… Stop it!Oh god, please let the water be freezing cold, please!

“Ok,” Willow managed to utter, before she sprinted toward the river and made a perfect dive headfirst…and fully dressed.

Tara was already standing with her back turned, but she could hear the noises the redhead made as she dove.

She jumped to the water fully clothed?I wonder why.

When Willow came back to the surface she was feeling calmer.The low temperature served to cool down both her body and her mind.She let the feeling of water enveloping her relax all the muscles in her body, and she lingered in enjoyment as the soft caress of the river ran slowly all around her.
After a couple of minutes she decided it was best to actually start washing herself, so reluctantly she walked partially out of the river.Not wanting to leave her favorite element so soon, she kept herself in the stream from the knees down.

The redhead quickly divested herself of her clothes.She first applied the shampoo to her head, and she created lather between her palms before rubbing the soapy hands all over her body, all the while making various splashing and rasping noises.She loved the water and was enjoying herself lightheartedly; taking full advantage of the break they’d allowed themselves.
Tara, on the other hand, was becoming increasingly agitated.She could hear everything the redhead did and her overexcited brain provided all the images to go with the sounds.It was maddening.

Oh, I don’t think I can stand this.But I can’t move away from here, either.It would leave Willow virtually unprotected and she could be attacked.I won’t fail her.Hmm, speaking of safety, maybe I could take a peek over there just to see if everything’s all right.She suggested exactly that just before this whole bathing thing started, so it’s not as if I’d be betraying her trust.

Tara stood carefully so that her movements made no sound, and for a few moments she simply stared at the tree that blocked her view.

I can say whatever I want, but the truth is that I just want to run my eyes over her naked body.To look at her in all her glory…as she will never be mine to look at. Even if I have to pay for my indiscretion when that image burns itself into my brain, forever haunts my nights, and chases my sleep away, I’m willing to pay that price.
The blonde sighed heavily.
I’m weak.Willow would never do this.

Tara gave in to her desires and leaned slightly to the left, just enough to be able to look at the redhead without anything blocking her view, but in a way that kept her mostly concealed by the tree.Suddenly her mouth went dry and she found the whole breathing activity too hard to master.
Willow was running her soapy hands all over her body, leaving a trail of foam behind them.

Oh My God…I want my hands to be the hands that wash her.

As she saw Willow run her hands over her small but flawlessly shaped breasts, Tara whimpered.She could feel the need to go to Willow, burning bright, strong, and deep within her.Her whole body sensed the pull toward the lithe redhead, seeking the completeness that only Willow could provide.

Oh my…I can’t do this.This has disaster written all over it.I’m a couple seconds away from running to her and offering my heart, body, and soul, and begging her to let me make her mine.I’m already hers.God, I have to look away now, before my brain completely shuts down.Or, well, maybe I’ll take just another peek.

She looked Willow over from head to toe, taking everything in.Her red hair still covered with foam, her perfect breasts
Just the right size to fit in the palm of my hand.
, her flat and smooth belly.And then she stopped to stare at the wet and soapy copper curls at the apex of Willow’s legs.

Oh lordie…ok, that question’s answered; Willow Rosenberg is a natural redhead.

Tara looked once more at the smooth curls that were dripping wet and she felt her mouth watering… along with other parts of her body. She quickly turned away, hastily resuming her position with her back turned to the redhead.

That’s enough…more than I ever thought I could take.So now back to trying to regain control of my body movements.

The blonde was shaking and feeling weak all over, her mind filled with visions of sudsy Willow.She shook her head and took long, deep breaths.She focused only on the feeling of the air filling her lungs, and imagined all her worries going away with the air that left her on each exhalation, clearing her mind and bringing her back to reality.

Breathe in, breathe out.
It was a calming technique with which she was well acquainted.It had proven its value on many occasions, sometimes life or death situations.But now it was barely working.

Oh man.I can’t believe this, I’m known for keeping my head cool under the worst of circumstances.I’ve survived more monster attacks and booby-traps than I can remember, all because I’m always focused.And now I’m so distracted I’m going to get myself killed because of one gorgeous, naked, soapy, luscious, mouth watering, sexy redhead.Oh, god.What was my point?Oh yeah…back to focusing.Breathe in, breathe out.

After a while, although she wasn’t totally focused and sometimes images of Willow seeped into her mind, she was feeling calmer and ready to face the redhead without drooling all over her.
In the meantime, Willow had finished her bath, gotten dressed, and now was walking toward the tree where Tara was leaning.The blonde felt a warm presence even before she heard the redhead approaching.
“Willow,” she whispered.

“Hey there.I’m done.I hope I didn’t take too long,” the redhead said while sitting herself down near Tara and plucking a protein ball from her bag.
“Now to my favorite part.Protein balls for lunch.Again!” Willow said sarcastically, punctuating her sentence with a pout.
Tara chuckled softly and thought for the thousandth time the woman was just too cute for words.She followed Willow’s lead, picked a protein ball from her bag, started to chew on it.

“You know, Willow, I think the trick to surviving this diet of protein balls is to use our imagination.If we visualize eating something else and concentrate really hard on its flavor, maybe these things won’t taste so bad.”
The redhead furrowed her brow in mock seriousness.
“Well, I guess we can give it a try.So Tara, since this was your idea, you get to lead us on our voyage through the pleasures of taste.”

The blonde smiled and complied with Willow’s request.“Ok then.Sit yourself comfortably, relax, close your eyes, and just enjoy the ride.”
She did just as she’d been told.When Tara saw Willow settle in against a tree and peacefully close her eyes, the blonde froze for a moment, amazed and touched by the display of faith the redhead had shown.

I don’t know what I did to deserve the trust of this flame-haired angel, but I’ll make sure she’ll never regret it.I swear to you Willow, I’ll always be here for you, no matter what.

Tara started speaking in a soft voice that soothed like a warm summer breeze.
“So, we’re not eating synthetic proteins and vitamins.We’re eating lasagna.”

When she heard that first sentence the redhead opened her eyes, smiled, and inquired, “So you like Italian food?”

“Yes, I do.Now stop interrupting and close your eyes.How am I supposed to make you believe you’re eating delicious lasagna if you aren’t focused?”Tara gave a half-grin.
“Now, that’s better,” the blonde said when Willow closed her eyes again.

“So we’re eating lasagna.I pick up a knife and fork and with one smooth motion, my knife dives into the cheese and cuts through pasta, meat and sauce.I pick it up with my fork and I blow softly on the food to cool it down a little before giving it to you.You can smell it; it’s divine…you can feel your mouth watering just from the scent of it.I know you’re hungry so I keep blowing on it just for a while longer than is really necessary, teasing you, taking you to the limits, wanting to make the moment you finally taste it that much better.And then suddenly you can’t take it anymore.You don’t care if you’ll get burned, you open your mouth wide, and silently beg me to give you the pasta you’re craving.”

Oh god. Why does she have to describe it like
that
?She’s being so damn sexy about it.I’m starting to get hot all over and my mouth is watering all right, but I’m pretty damned sure it’s not for lasagna.

Willow swallowed hard.

Jeez!What am I doing?It wasn’t supposed to be like this.This was supposed to be a joke to help us relax and to help me cool down…not work me up to the edge of my sanity!But all these images of me feeding Willow were running through my head and I couldn’t help myself.And then the images started to shift to us feeding each other and now I feel like I’m going to explode.I need to get back to the food subject.
She cleared her throat and resumed her narrative.
“You settle your lips around my fork and then I pull it slowly out leaving the lasagna inside your mouth.You start chewing on it unhurriedly, savoring it slowly. The taste of the tomato sauce rolled up with pasta, spices, and meat making you moan in approval.Can you feel it, Willow?The creamy sensation of the cheese and pasta?”

The blonde’s voice had dropped and she was almost whispering.Willow decided she had to end this, and end it now.Not only was Tara turning her on yet again with the mental images, but also the blonde’s little scenario was making Willow hungry as hell.The protein balls suddenly weren’t enough to quench her hunger for real food and all its flavors and textures.

“Actually Tara, I can’t really feel the lasagna.All I feel is this tasteless protein ball.I don’t think this was one of your brightest ideas.You’ve succeeded in making me crave a giant portion of lasagna!Shame on you for tormenting me like this,” Willow said mockingly waving her finger at Tara.
“Oh well.It was worth a shot.Although I have to agree with you, this made me hungrier than I was before.Maybe if I keep going we’ll get so desperate that we’ll start hallucinating and then we’ll finally have our lasagna,” the blonde teased.

“Oh no!Please no!If you keep going I think my mind will break down long before I can start hallucinating!” The redhead dramatically lifted her hands to her head and jokingly fainted before she broke down in a fit of giggles.
The blonde joined her, and for a while all that could be heard was the sound of laugher filling the chamber and cleansing the atmosphere.When they stopped they were feeling happy and ready to begin exploring.

“I think I’m done with lunch,” the redhead announced as she put the rest of the protein ball in her bag.
“Yeah, me too.Willow how do you want to do this?Should we go explore this room together or should we split up to search faster and then meet later?” Tara asked, as she picked up her backpack and draped it safely around her shoulders.
“I’d prefer that we stick together.This room seems endless, with lots of hiding places.We have no idea what threats we’re going to face.So, yeah, I think it’s probably safer for us to be together.”

To tell you the truth, I’m terrified to let you out of my sight in here.God knows what’s hidden in the shadows and I’ve just found you.I couldn’t bear to lose you, so please don’t tell me you want to go off searching alone.

Tara was more than happy to know that the redhead didn’t want to separate.She’d only suggested that they go searching alone because she was trying to get back into her usual rational and practical ‘tomb raider mode.’And although it would be more dangerous to go searching alone, they’d take half the time to complete the task.But truth be told, she didn’t want to be on her own any more than Willow did.

“Ok then.We go together.”Tara was rewarded with a smile from the woman at her side.
They started walking in the opposite direction of the door from which they’d entered.The vegetation was thick and luxurious as they kept walking by the side of the river.They were trying to look everywhere at once to avoid any traps, and they’d walked about fifty yards when Tara caught a glimpse of gold in the middle of green.

“Willow, stop!I think I see something in the middle of those bushes.”
“Where?”
“Look, right there!Something golden, do you see it?” Tara asked.
“Yeah.It could be important.I’ll go fetch it.Watch my back, ok?”
The blonde nodded.

Willow quickly grabbed the item and came back.Nothing happened.Apparently there weren’t any traps linked to the object.After a few seconds they both relaxed and took a proper look at the article Willow had retrieved.It was a golden mask of a lion.
“This looks like one of those masks that early actors used to identify their characters.And it’s heavy,” the redhead amended.
“Hmm…it might help us get out of here.Stick it in your backpack.”

When the mask was safely tucked in Willow’s backpack they continued their exploration.After another fifty yards, the river turned to the left, and soon after that, another door came into view.When they got closer, they could see that the river continued its flow through an opening at the bottom of the wall.Further inspection told them that they wouldn’t be able to use the opening because a set of vertical bars spanned from the solid wall to the bottom of the river, effectively preventing solid forms from passing through.

There was nothing special about the door, but to its left there were five statues of animal heads coming out of the wall.The sculptures were obviously there for a purpose.They both approached to study the wall, and saw that from the left to the right the heads were: a monkey, a fish, a lion, a snake, and a rabbit.

“Willow, can you please check to see if the lion mask fits the sculpture of the lion’s head?”
Willow had already been thinking the same thing, so without missing a beat, she nodded and took the lion’s mask out of her bag.When she laid the mask over the stone, it fit perfectly.

“I think we’ve got our answer, Tara.We have to find the other masks and put them on their respective heads.A monkey, a fish, a snake and a rabbit.”
“And, theoretically, when we put all the masks in the right places, the door should open.So now all we have to do is find four small masks that are lost somewhere in the middle of a forest.Piece of cake,” Tara said smiling.As long as she was with Willow, everything was right in the world.

And that is all for today kittens

Please let me know what you think of this chapter

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die.
The in between is mine.
I am mine!" - Pearl Jam

Edited by: sabina at: 10/29/03 8:23 am

Post subject: RE: Chapter 7
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:52 am 
Oh my God! The sexual tension between these two is driving me crazy! But crazy in a good way....definatley a good way. You contnue to impress me with your style of writing. Excellent job and I look forward to the next installement!

Julie

Post subject: Re: The Artifact - chapter seven
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:54 am 
Hey there Sabina :wave

Gotta tell you that I think this is a great idea for a Willow and Tara fic. Good thinking :clap

I'm enjoying how everything is going so far for them. It's great to feel them opening up to each other more and more. At the beginning, it seemed as though Willow and Tara built a wall between themselves despite their mutual attraction to one another. I'm happy that they both realized that perhaps they've found someone capable of seeing through the tough tomb raider facade they've mastered throughout their years alone.

I look forward to reading more!

Helen

xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:31 pm 
Brilliant Update!

I think you're gonna bring the end of us with all this teasing!!

This situation can be so frustrating, the whole watching-the-other-bathe scene, and then the inner thoughts and the musing! I was like COME ON SAY IT!

SPILL IT!

But gosh they can be so insecure!!

Anyway I'm so enthralled by this fic! MORE PLEASE!!

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:41 pm 
High level on tension with our two girls yeah, high level of frustration for us poor readers :) . This fic definitly invites you to yell at your screen "tell each other already"... but noooo :-)

If Willow had thought her jealousy through a bit more she would realize she's jealous of a fantasy she herself created. Which is of course easily fixed, imagine Tara painting a non-blonde girl.. heh. That happens to be what Tara was thinking anyway so that should work out alright.

Cute how they both spied on each other thinking the other girl would never do that. Yeah right..

I'm suspicious about those other 4 animal heads they need. It seems too easy to just find the four other masks in that room and then fit them to the door. The Gods who created this not-so-nice challenge surely wouldn't have left an entire room without nasty deathly traps....I doubt it.

Got to wonder how the room they're in can become a deathly trap though, sounds like a nice room to be in. Willow of course loving the water. Speaking of Willow, I loved this quote: "Good grief, Rosenberg, don't take your frustrations out on the poor tree." :lol

Grimmy :wave

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:42 pm 
They both looked :lol I mean who wouldn't, right?

And the eating lasagna part- OMG! woman :thud Are you trying to drive us all insane. I think I need a dip in a very cold river!

-shuyaku

------------------------------------

"Oh God, Willow—you’re giving me the gift of Karen Carpenter. Just when I think I grasp the full extent of your love." - Tara

"Why do birds suddenly appear? It’s because, you are queer…" - Willow (Gods Served and Abandoned by AntigoneUnbound)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:00 pm 
Oh my god, I can't believe what you are doing to me. The whole bathing-scene was so sexy, but at the same time so frustrating. :drool

I think I've never read a fic before, which took so long for one of them to finally making the first move!

But I have to admit it is also fun to read

Quote:
If I had to watch her run the soap all over her body I’d probably faint from lack of blood to my brain. That would probably be a little difficult to explain. Oh, and the river of wetness flowing from my shorts wouldn’t make explaining any easier.

That line really made me :lol , like many others too.

I'm loving this fic and also your loooong updates, they are really worth the wait!! :applause

Wie soll ich meine Seele halten, dass sie nicht an Deine rührt... - Rilke

How can I keep my soul in me, so that it doesn't touch your soul...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:29 pm 
:bigwave ,

OMG! :shower you are trying to send th :kitty 's to a cold :shower ! :lol Simply :devilish . I hope that water was cold, :willow and :tara looked like they need some cold water. :lol I love this fic! :clap :bow I can't wait for those two to get together. :grin :heart Can't wait to :read more. Update soon please? :pray :pray :pray :pray

bluewillowwitch :glasses :flower :fallen :peace

----------------------------------------------------

"Fate keeps on happening."--Anita Loos

Edited by: bluewillowwitch  at: 10/30/03 3:40 am

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:35 pm 
That was soooooooooo sexy... but gods they are dense.

:drool

I believe in the madness called "now."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:30 pm 
Ah yes, what a nice break from hw. Hehehe...now I suppose O should return to that evil fun. :geek But I'm a bit sleepy. :yawn Eh...oh well I'm supposed to talk on the phone soon anyway.

Yes of course it was a wonderful update, like I said early. And I must agree with everyone else that you are frustrating the heck out of all of us! I've been sitting here thinking ...run out there and make love to the woman already!!!!! and Please don't let this be the end....so soon! No no no ! Please no! Oh, okay, I can still scroll and see fic...good!, etc.

Yipee, :bounce :bounce I can't wait for the next chapter. Perhaps the lil animals will go attack Willow and Tara? It does make me wonder, hehe. Maybe there will be some 'evil' task that envolves the two kissing or naked rituals....:fallen

Well, the whole ritual thing could be frustrating....especially the way you describe things, so intricate and beautiful.

Now to return to my state of waiting.

Props to Sabina :clap

-Ellen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:00 pm 
Geez. That was awesome. I knew they wouldn't be able to resist looking at each other. I love the way you keep alternating between Willow and Tara's thoughts. It is amazing how they are both thinking and feeling the same thing.

I love the double meaning of the lasagna conversation. I don't think either of them were really thinking about lasagna. They want to put their mouths on something else. ;) :lol

I keep waiting for that kiss, but I doubt they will be able to stop there. These ladies are so hot for each other that they will probably start ripping the clothes off of each other. Seriously, I am not kidding.

Do we have to wait another three days?

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Edited by: The Rose24  at: 10/29/03 8:03 pm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:23 am 
This just keeps getting better and better... :applause

Can't wait for the next update!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:48 am 
OMG.....the bathing scene was soooooo wonderful....WOW

:applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause

They could probably be ambushed by an old lady in a wheelchair in their present state of mind.....how about a little release !!!???????

:bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:03 pm 
This was such a fun chapter...I'll never look at lasagna the same way again. In fact, I'll probably pass out before it's finished cooking...all..hot...and bubbly...and :thud .

Sabina, I did receive the latest chapter, and I emailed you back 3 times. My email seems ok otherwise, so I'm not sure what's going on. :confused :(

Apparently this fic will now be beta'd by way of smoke signals and Morse code. :p

Oh, and Irishlassie..."old woman in a wheelchair"...too funny!!! (Wheelchair, eh? Hmmm... :punish )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:51 pm 
Wow, I'm really liking this fic thus far. The torment you're putting them through is amazing, kinda makes you want to see it's end asap but at the same time want it to keep going on forever. Anyhow, I hope to see more of this fic soon.

Aimee

Who were you then? And who are you now? That you think you can figure it all out, the mathematics of regret. It takes two beers to remember now, and five more to forget. That I love you so..what. Yeah I love you so..what.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:05 pm 
I just want to lock them both in a Tomb and force them to work together till they get it. Oh wait!! I love the sexual tension, misunderstanding and longing. When those two finally get hit by a clue by four, it will be explosive. Great fic. Thanks.

I see dead lesbian cliches

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:01 pm 
Hi there Kittens :wave

Thank you all for your wonderful feedback and support, it really makes me happy that you’re liking my story :grin

I’m sorry that it’s taking longer than usual for me to update but college classes are really beginning to pick up their pace and I have a couple of papers that are due this week and are taking me almost all of my free time :sob

So I’m writing slower than I used to… But I promise you that an update will be up on Tuesday.

gottalovewillow Thank you :grin

2DIAMONDS Hi 2DIAMONDS :wave They are scared of opening up to each other and getting hurt but as time go by they are dropping more and more their “tough tomb raider” façade and showing more of themselves to one another.

Arwen276 Thank you :grin They really are insecure about each other… They find themselves head over heels in love with each other and neither one of them knows what to do as they have never felt anything like that for anyone before. But they’re not going to be able to control themselves forever… :wink

Grimlock72 You’re right that Willow’s jealousy was quite pointless… But that’s what jealousy most of the times is :spin

I thought it would be funny both of them give into temptation and take a peek at the other girl bathing and them chastise themselves thinking that the other girl would never do that… LOL. I’m glad you think it works :grin

There is more to this room than what meets the eye… you’ll see that in the next chapter :wink

shuyaku You know after I wrote this chapter I had this huge craving for lasagna for about a week… The sad part is that I don’t think I’ll ever be able to look at lasagna the same way again :blush

michellesflute I’m happy that you’re still liking my story :grin I know that it is taking a long time for them to finally take the plunge but well, story wise they met a day ago… they were caught completely off guard by how fast and how hard they fell for each other and they are still trying to sort their feelings out.

I’m also glad that some of my lines are making you laugh. I do try… so ok, my sense of humour some times is a little weird… but I do try :miff LOL. :grin

Tempest Duer Thank you :grin

bluewillowwitch If you need a cold shower I must be doing something right :banana :grin Thank you for your compliments. It really brings a smile to my lips every time I see the word love on the replies :grin

ExtraFlameh Candlelit Thank you :grin I know I’m being a tease… But I couldn’t write it any other way… Although frustrating I think that this early stage of relationships when both parties are still unsure of the other one’s feelings is kind of cute and funny. I just couldn’t resist to write about it :devil :wink There are some tasks linked to the hidden masks… But I’m not telling anything else… You’ll have to read and see :devil

The Rose24 Thank you :grin The lasagna conversation is actually one of my favourite parts… Although it did give me a huge craving for Italian food for a while… :lol I agree with you… when they finally kiss the temperature of the room will rise several degrees :wink (now I’ll just hope that I can pull it off *gulp*)

allykat Thank you :grin

irishlassie101 :lol An old lady in a wheelchair? That is just too funny :rofl I’m glad that you liked the bath scene :banana

TKOLove Hi there :wave It is always a pleasure to see a reply from my wonderful beta reader :grin I know what you mean… I too will never look at lasagna the same way again. :lol I’m glad that you liked this chapter :banana

Imperfectly me Thank you :grin This kind of teasing really is a sweet torture :fallen

Sam777 Thank you :grin Yes, I hope that when they finally get together it will be explosive all right :wink

This is all for today kittens.

Once again thank you for the feedback :grin

The in between is mine.

I am mine!" - Pearl Jam

Post subject: The Artifact - chapter eight
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:56 pm 
• Title:
The Artifact

• Author:
sabina

Yes, please. I crave it.

• Distribution:
Anywhere. Just please ask me first.

• Spoilers:
No spoilers whatsoever. This is an AU fic.

• Rating:
It is going to get to NC-17.

• Pairing:
W/T

• Disclaimer:
The “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” series and its characters are the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. The “Tomb Raider” videogame is the property of Eidos Interactive and Core Design. This fic is not meant to infringe any copyrights.

• Summary:
Willow and Tara are two strong and independent tomb raiders who are both hired to find the same artifact. Trapped inside a temple they realize that not everything is what it seems and they have to work together and fight side by side for their lives as they try to find the way out.

• Note 1:
I want to thank my beta reader TKOLove, who has supported this idea and putted up with all my questions and doubts since the beginning without ever complaining.
Your work makes this fic a better one, so thank you TKOLove.

• Note 2:
I love Tomb Raider and this fic was something that had been in the back of my mind for long. Now I finally decided to write it. I hope you all enjoy reading it.

• Note 3:
Thoughts are in
italics

Previously

“Willow, can you please check to see if the lion mask fits the sculpture of the lion’s head?”
Willow had already been thinking the same thing, so without missing a beat, she nodded and took the lion’s mask out of her bag.When she laid the mask over the stone, it fit perfectly.

“I think we’ve got our answer, Tara.We have to find the other masks and put them on their respective heads.A monkey, a fish, a snake and a rabbit.”
“And, theoretically, when we put all the masks in the right places, the door should open.So now all we have to do is find four small masks that are lost somewhere in the middle of a forest.Piece of cake,” Tara said smiling.As long as she was with Willow, everything was right in the world.

Chapter eight

A look of sadness replaced the smile on Willow’s face.

I can’t believe I’m about to say this; I think we’ve been losing too much time and we need to hurry.Tara is maybe the best tomb raider in the world and she’d been doing this for years before we ever met, so I know she can take care of herself.She’ll be fine, and if she’s okay, I’ll be able to focus enough so that I don’t get myself killed.Yeah, as if I could ever convince myself that I’m not going to be scared to death of something happening to her.

The blonde could almost see the wheels spinning in Willow’s head.She could tell she was about to say something serious and Tara was becoming worried.

Maybe she’s tired of looking at my face and wants to tell me to stay away from her.
Before the blonde could go down that dark path, Willow spoke.

“Tara, I was thinking.We know there’s some part of this temple that we need to reach in a specific time, and although we don’t know exactly when that time is, there’s a chance we’re running late.So we probably should try to hurry, just in case.”The redhead paused, dreading what she was about to say.

The blonde let out the breath she didn’t know she’d been holding.

She’s just worried about how to get out of here. Now that’s a relief.Jeez, what’s wrong with you, Maclay?Your priorities are screwed!She’s worried about us starving to death in here because we’re losing too much time.Oh yeah, that’s so much less important than you annoying her or her feeling disgusted by you.My dorkiness knows no bounds.

The blonde sighed heavily again.
Only when she looked at the troubled redhead did she remember that Willow hadn’t finished what she’d started to say.
“Willow?” she called softly.

“Hhmm?”She’d been lost in dark thoughts about Tara dying alone somewhere in the bushes, surprised by a trap, without her by her side.

“There’s more you wanted to say, right?You wanted to suggest a way for us to save time?”

“Yes.”Willow swallowed hard before continuing.“I was thinking maybe we could each go search by ourselves.We’re both experienced and perfectly capable of taking care of ourselves.And in the middle of the bushes and the trees, even if we’re together, there isn’t much that the other could do if we’re attacked.We’d be on our own anyway.And if we split up, we’d only have to search half the area we’d need to explore if we stayed together.As they say, “divide and conquer!”So ok, I know the meaning of that saying isn’t exactly the one I’m using, but I don’t know…it just popped into my head, so…”

She’s so amazing.But I think she’s actually turning blue, and an unconscious redhead will not help us to move faster.
Although Tara loved Willowbabble, she interrupted.
“Willow, breathe.”

The redhead took a deep breath and then smiled sheepishly.“I’m sorry.”
“Don’t be.I like it when you babble.It’s just that it takes longer for you to get to the point and it kind of defeats the whole purpose of us moving faster.I agree that we should split up to find the masks.It’ll take us less time this way…I hope,” she said with a grin.

I hate the idea of letting you out of my sight in the middle of a jungle full of traps – and the gods know what else – but we really should try to move faster, so I think we should go for it,
the blonde thought.

Willow sighed before speaking.“Ok then.I’ll search the river and the farthest half of the room, and you’ll search the half that’s closer to this door.Also we only pick up a mask from its resting place if we see no danger in doing so.If we have even the slightest suspicion of a trap linked to the mask, we mark its location, and we go back there later, together.Agreed?”

“Agreed,” the blonde said, smiling.She loved the way Willow always tried to protect her.
“We could meet here again in two hours to see how we’re progressing and change our strategy, if need be.”
“That sounds like a plan,” Tara said.Both of them were silent for a couple of minutes, dreading the moment they would have to part.In the end it was Tara who said the hated words.
“We should separate, then.I think it’ll be dark in about three hours, and there’s no way we’ll be able to find anything then.”

“You’re right.”Willow stopped for a second before adding in a soft voice, ”Tara, please be careful.I’d never forgive myself if something bad happened to you.”
“I will.And you take care, too.Don’t go ‘round bumping your head against innocent trees,” the blonde said jokingly.As her only response, Willow stuck out her tongue and winked.She took advantage of the light mood and started to walk away, knowing that if she waited much longer she’d lose the courage to leave.

“See you in two hours.Happy Mask Hunting.”That was the last thing the redhead said before making a turn and disappearing from Tara’s view.
“Please come back to me Willow.I’ll be waiting here,” Tara whispered quietly, before turning around and entering the woods.

Willow decided she’d first search the river from the shore.It wasn’t very deep and she could see its bottom, so she thought it was a good first approach.

I know I should probably leave my favorite part to the end, but I’m really looking forward to swimming a little, and this way I think I can steel myself for the not-so-pleasant forest part.I hope Tara’s doing all right.

With the blonde always in the back of her mind, Willow tried to be as focused as possible while scanning the river.Unless it was hidden, a golden mask should be easy to spot in the middle of the stones.

When she was about halfway through, she saw something shine in the middle of the water.She couldn’t see what it was exactly, so she dove in to make a more thorough search.
Within a few strokes, she’d covered the distance between the shore and the place where she’d seen the object.She stopped above that spot for just for a moment, simply maintaining her head above the water, and in doing so could see that it was indeed a golden mask.Then she breathed deeply and dived straight down.

When she was near the mask she saw that it was the fish-shaped one.

I think it’s safe enough to take it out of here; it seems to be just laying here. What do I do?Pick it up now or come back here with Tara later?I can see the appeal of that last option…Tara completely soaked with her clothes clinging tightly to her body, highlighting her luscious and full figure, her breasts straining against the fabric of her blouse, her nipples hardened from the cold…Ugh!First, take your mind out of the gutter, and second…Hello!You’re under water!Please make a decision before you drown!

Willow would have sighed if she weren’t under water.She picked up the mask and waited for a couple of seconds, her whole body tense and ready to react if she sensed a threat.When nothing happened, she swam back to the surface.All the years she spent as a diving and swimming athlete showed…she wasn’t even out of breath.She stayed in the center of the river for a moment longer before swimming to the shore and getting out.

One down, three to go.I doubt there’s another one in the river.With so many places to hide those little things, why would anyone make it easy and hide two in the same place?It’s not likely, and I don’t see one popping out at me, so I’d better get into the woods and start looking there.I wonder what Tara’s doing right now.

The redhead twisted her shirt, trying to dry it a little, and then started walking to the door through which she and Tara had entered a few hours before.

The least I can do is try to establish a search method.I’ll start near the door and then move in the direction of the other door.If I don’t get lost I should be just fine.

When she got to the door she turned to her right and entered the woods.

The thick vegetation immediately enveloped her.If she didn’t know better – that she’d just stepped into a room – she’d have thought she was lost in the heart of forest.

Oh man, I really don’t like to wander around in places where I can’t see the danger coming, but I guess I don’t have a choice.I’ll just have to be careful not to trip on any roots or fall down some freakish pit full of spikes.

She drew her guns and started walking carefully.Old trees dominated the scenery with their big branches and odd forms, many of them twisted or bent in unusual positions.

Maybe it’s a reminder to the adventurers who dare to come in here that these aren’t normal trees.They’re mystical or maybe even sacred.Anything goes in here, and I’d better not forget that.

As Willow went deeper into the woods she started to see odd flowers – big and yellow, with red stripes.They were beautiful, and she decided to investigate.As she stared at one of the flowers, it began spinning in a hypnotic fashion, and she felt herself being pulled closer, as if she were in a trance.
Her vision became blurry and her feet suddenly weighed a ton.She was being drained…and she didn’t care.

It’s so beautiful.All that yellow mingling with red…it’s just so enchanting that I need to get closer.I’ve never seen anything this breathtakingly beautiful before.

Just as that thought crossed her mind, her fuzzy brain managed to evoke a picture through the fog in which the redhead was immersed.Willow saw a beautiful face with two incredible eyes – two blue gems the color of the ocean – calling out to her.She heard an angel’s voice --
”Please…come back to me!”
-- begging her to snap out of it.And she was found again.

She aimed at the flower and shot it mercilessly.As the first bullet connected, a loud shriek emanated from the flower and it gyrated even faster, but its hypnotic effect was completely lost on the redhead.She’d found her focus again in the form of two cobalt orbs and no mere flower could ever compete with that.So she just kept shooting it until it was detached from the earth.

Willow approached the fallen flower and looked down at what was left of it.

Remember the part about you – stupid psycho flower – being the most beautiful thing I’d ever seen?Well forget that!Tara’s the most stunning, breathtaking, gorgeous sight in the world, and there’s no way I’m going to die and leave her trapped in here because of an orange plant.You hear me?To me you’re not yellow or red; you’re a disgusting orange!All right, so now I’m trying to insult a dead flower.Maybe my brain isn’t quite back to proper functioning yet.Although the part about Tara’s true.
She sighed as she thought about the blonde and then resumed her task.

After the encounter with the hypno-flower, the redhead moved even more carefully than before.She saw more of the yellow blossoms but she avoided going near them.
She tried not to touch anything suspicious while at the same time searching thoroughly the area that was hers to explore.She kept her guard always high, and her guns ready to fire.

Since the freaky flower episode, bright-colored plants really make me uneasy, so red bushes and blue fruits and leaves are definitely high on my “Things Not To Touch” list.

The redhead had been wandering in the woods for about an hour without succeeding in finding any other masks, but also without falling into any other traps, and without getting herself lost.She’d made sure of the latter by returning to the river periodically, just to be certain she still knew where she was.

Just as she was starting to think she wasn’t going to find anything…as she was nearing the end of her searching zone…she abruptly reached an opening in the middle of the woods where there were no trees or bushes.In the middle of that clearing was a platform surrounded by a huge rift on all sides.On the platform lay a golden mask.

Willow felt a smile forming on her lips as she carefully approached the hole surrounding the place where the mask rested.When she was near enough to do it, she looked into the abyss.It seemed to be bottomless, deep enough for all light to be lost in it.

It’s too far for me or for Tara to be able to jump and reach the platform.There has to be another way.

She started to circle the hole and soon found what she was looking for – a small pillar with hieroglyphs inscribed in it.On top of that pillar there was an indentation shaped in the form of a hand.She felt tempted just for a second to try it with her own.

This seems kind of self-explanatory.This hole has the form of a hand and I have my hand right here with me, so why not give it a try?Maybe because trying to make this thing work without reading the instructions just because you’re too curious to wait for the help of the person that can, in fact, read it…is just plain stupid.I have to wait for Tara to decipher what it says in here, and then together we can work this out.

Just thinking about the blonde brought a smile to her lips and made her forget all about her urge to try to get the mask alone.

So, I just have to make sure that I know how to come back here, and then I can move on.

Willow took a spool of cotton thread out of her backpack and started unwinding it.She tied one end to a tree near the opening, and carefully started walking in the general direction of the river, making sure not to break the thread.

I always knew there was a reason – other than the need to sew something – for me to carry this thread around.

When she got to the river she put the spool down in the middle of the path.This way she’d be sure not to miss it when she came back.
She then returned to the woods and searched until the two hours were up, but found nothing more.Willow then returned to the path near the river and ran to the door, eager to be back with Tara.

I can’t wait to see her.I wonder how her search went.

Just as Tara saw Willow make the turn and disappear from her sight, she felt herself start to get cold.

Maybe that’s because my blood isn’t being pumped through my veins, since Willow took my heart with her.Hmm…that kind of sounds corny.I guess I should work on my pick-up lines,
Tara joked to herself.
She was trying to distract herself from the fact that the woman she couldn’t stop thinking about had just gone away to face all kinds of unknown dangers.That she hadn’t stopped her was driving her crazy.
She sighed deeply and entered the woods.

Like Willow, Tara decided to start near the wall and move closer to the center.
She stepped inside the woods and couldn’t help but be amazed at the profusion of trees and other plants.The vegetation was luxurious; flowers bloomed everywhere, and bushes were filled with exotic fruits in an explosion of color.Blue, green, red, orange, and yellow mingling perfectly.It was one of the most beautiful sights Tara had ever seen.

Get a grip, Tara.As far as you know, the sole purpose of this beautiful scenery is to distract you and make you fall into some deadly trap.You can’t forget that you’re not in the middle of the Amazonian jungle.You’re inside a temple, looking for golden masks.

The blonde moved carefully, trying to avoid gazing at the stunning plants, but at the same time wanting to get a look at everything in order to make sure she didn’t miss the masks.

After searching for about half an hour without any result, she entered a different zone of the woods.The bright colors had all been replaced by greens.It was a much less dazzling sight but also a less offensive and threatening one.
As she walked around, she felt a great peace fill her completely, and she started to let her guard down.She heard birds singing happily in the trees, and felt a warm breeze caress her skin.She was getting more and more comfortable by the second, and her mission’s urgency started to fade.

After a while, she began to forget who she was and why she’d come to this place to begin with. She felt a strong sense of belonging linking her to these old trees and bushes, and she knew that if she wanted to, she could hide there forever and never be found.She felt free of all burdens and worries, and she started running and jumping around like a happy child without a care in the world.Her soft, humming voice joined the singing birds and the whistling wind.It was a melody she felt could fill her days until the end of time.

After a while, her erratic walking lead her to a big tree and she felt strangely drawn to it.She felt her heart and soul trying to tell her foggy brain that something wasn’t right.

I feel like I’m forgetting something really important.And why do I feel lured by this tree?Is there something special about it?What is it that I’m missing? What is this tree?

Protected by the tree’s shadow, Tara sensed something was wrong.She could feel her mind fighting back the haze that was restraining it.

I remember now.This is a Willow tree.

“Willow.”The name came from her lips like a whispered desire and it broke through the mist.It was only a tiny fissure, but it was enough to let her see two pleading emerald eyes burning right into her heart.
“Willow,” she said, louder this time.And she broke free.All her memories rushed back to her mind; their first meeting, and each moment of the previous two days.Every single bittersweet second she’d shared with the redhead who’d managed to capture her heart and her soul.

The blonde looked around her, but somehow her surroundings didn’t seem so entrancing anymore.She saw only a bunch of green plants.

I think the spell was broken.Thank you for being the ray that shone through the darkness.Thank you, my green-eyed angel.
Tara smiled warmly, sending all her love and trust to Willow.

Wherever you are, my love, I’m right there by your side.Even if you don’t feel the same way…I don’t care.I just want you to be happy.Be safe!Please…come back to me!

In that moment a piercing and harsh sound broke the silence that enveloped her.Gunshots.
“Willow?!” Tara screamed.
For a moment she panicked, thinking that the redhead could be dead or lost, fighting something horrendous without her by her side.

But then Tara listened to her own heart and it was beating strongly in her chest…and she knew that the redhead was fine.
“You are my heart Willow.If you ever get hurt, I’ll know it because my heart will bleed.And if you die before I do you’ll only have to wait a few seconds for me to join you and escort you to heaven, because I’m sure my heart will be shattered inside me,” Tara swore to the Willow tree.

So for starters this is a strong, heavy statement.I think if I tell this to the ‘real’ Willow, she’ll be running to the hills before I even finish.Heck, it’s not often that a couple of days after meeting a person she tells you she wants to follow you everywhere…even in death.I think I just gave ‘harassing’ a whole new dimension.And second, since when do I feel like the heroine of one of Shakespeare’s tragedies?
She could try to joke about the way she expressed it, but she couldn’t deny the truth.

She was hopelessly in love. And it was true and it was forever.

Tara took a moment to compose herself, then decided to resume her search. She had a fair idea about her location, and it didn’t take her long to get back to the place where she’d stopped her exploration.

She’d been walking for a while when suddenly the ground gave way beneath her feet and she felt herself falling.For a moment, time froze and she felt like everything was moving in slow motion; the boards covering the trap broke into little pieces that seemed to be floating, and she was slowly sinking into the ground.
She tried to jump away but couldn’t.The point where the device had been built to crash was exactly above the middle of a huge hole, and she hadn’t leverage enough to make it to safe ground.

When her leap fell short, failing to take her to solid land, a single thought made it to her mind before time resumed its usual pace and she started to fall hard and fast.

Willow is going to kill me!

Then a split second later her heart and mind rebelled against letting go without putting up a fight.Several thoughts played through her mind instantaneously.

NO!I will not leave Willow alone here to die.I will not give up this easily.I’ve been in difficult situations before and I’ve always managed to survive.I’m falling near a wall; there has to be something I can grab on to.Preferably before I’m falling so fast that I break my arms in ten places trying to get a hold.

She quickly looked down and spotted a protrusion in a rock.It wasn’t large, but it was worth giving it a shot.She extended her hands and as she passed right in front of it, she grabbed the rock and prepared herself for the gigantic push her arm muscles were about to receive.It took about a tenth of a second as her full weight downed on her biceps.The pain was almost unbearable for a moment and only years of climbing experience made it possible for her to hold on to the rock and not fall down.

I did it.I’m still alive!Yay! Go me!And I’m doing as well as anyone could be, trapped with nowhere to go, half way down a huge hole, barely hanging from a rock, and with her arms hurting like hell.

She stayed still for a minute, afraid of falling down if she moved, and she was starting to get overwhelmed by the pain coursing through her.She began to panic, when she suddenly saw Willow right in front of her, the redhead’s emerald eyes sparkling with trust.Then she heard her sweet voice.

I believe in you Tara.You can make it.Come back to me.

And then the image was gone, but that was all it took for Tara to find her strength again.

Ok, so this isn’t exactly a picnic, but it could be worse.I could be walking naked through downtown.

Tara couldn’t help but smile and roll her eyes at the stupidity of that last thought.

It seems that my quirky sense of humor’s still working, though I can’t really decide whether that’s a good thing or bad,
Tara thought mockingly.She felt more relaxed somehow, and she decided it was time to look for a way out of there.

As she looked down, she saw that at the bottom of the hole there was an abundance of menacing spikes ready to impale her if she should fall.She swallowed hard and averted her eyes from the awaiting barbs.But the necessity to find a fast way out of her predicament made her continue to search.This time she noticed that the wall had more outcroppings like the one she was grabbing, and also that further down, near the spikes and behind her, there seemed to be a hole in the wall.

She let the information she’d gathered sink in for a minute before coming up with a plan.

Hmm…My arms are sore but maybe, just maybe, I can let myself go, grab the next rock, and continue to do that until I’m at the same level as the hole down there.If I’m lucky, there’ll be a way out of here from that cavern.

She waited another moment to weigh her options before starting her journey down.

This is the point of no return.If I start to go down, there’s no way I can come back up.The stones are too far apart for me to be able to climb up.So if I get trapped down there, that’s it.On the other hand, there’s nothing for me here, and if I stay here too long my arms are going to give out anyway and I’m going to fall down to the spikes.

When she decided beyond a doubt that the only way to go was down, she paused for another second to contemplate the whole operation.
It was a difficult maneuver.If she were too fast or too slow to grab the next stone, she’d miss it.Of course she had another just below, but the further she fell, the faster she’d be moving, making it harder for her to hold on and not slip.

Actually, considering how my first fall was way too long for my own good and my arms are hurting so bad, I really don’t think I’ll be able to grab the second stone if I miss the first one.So this seems to be a ‘do or die’ kind of deal.

Tara breathed deeply, let go of the stone she was holding, and grabbed the next one.

She stopped just for a second before repeating the process, and she did it again and again until she was sure she couldn’t make it any further.Fortunately, by the time she was completely drained, she was level with the cavern and only a jump away from reaching her goal.It would be an easy jump…if she weren’t so utterly fatigued.Her hands were bruised and bleeding from the impact with the stones, and she could barely move her arms – which were sore and stiff from the pressure constantly being placed on them.

She willed herself to ignore the pain for a couple of seconds more.She could afford to feel sorry for herself after she safely reached the cavern’s entrance, but now was just not the time.

She thought of Willow once more.
Give me strength, Willow.Lift my body now as you always lift my heart and spirit.
And with the redhead’s name on her lips like a promise, and on her mind like a prayer, she called on all the strength left inside her body and made one last jump.

She saw the spikes pass beneath her and in a second it was over.She landed hard on the safety of the platform near the entrance to the cavern, her legs crumpling beneath her as she twisted, sending her butt-first to the floor.

She just sat there awkwardly for a moment, feeling for the first time the true pain in her arms as her circulation was reestablished.Tara was thankful for the pain, for it offered proof that she was indeed alive.
After a long moment she decided she should try to regain some strength and after that, bandage her bruised hands.She still had to find a way out, and the better she was feeling, the more her chances of getting out improved.She’d also have to deal with the whole, ‘hide your wounds so it doesn’t look so bad’ thing in case she did get out of this abyss.She’d tell Willow about the ‘hole incident’ of course, but there was no need to worry her further by showing the redhead just how close she’d been to not making it.

So Tara took a protein ball out of her backpack and ate every last bit of it, following it up with a vitamin complex and a fair amount of water.She was starting to feel better, so she retrieved the isopropyl alcohol from her pack and poured it liberally on her hands to clean the cuts.She winced when she felt the stinging sensation, but continued on, selecting some bandages and tying them around her hands.After a little while, she was satisfied with her work and feeling much better.
She rested a couple of minutes more before she got up to search the cavern.She couldn’t see a thing, so she lit a flare.

With the new illumination, she saw a golden object lying on the ground of the cavern; the rabbit mask.She felt tempted to laugh out loud when she saw it there.It was a sign that she’d be able to get out.There was no way the mask would have been concealed in a location from which there was no exit.

And I probably came in through the roughest entrance.At least I hope so, because I don’t think I can go through something like this again in the next few minutes.

Tara put the mask in her bag and continued to walk to the end of the cavern.At its end there was a small, circular hole about waist-high.The blonde bent down to look through it and saw that the tunnel was bended up apparently heading for the surface.

Couldn’t this thing be a little bigger?Now, in addition to my bruised and scraped hands, I’m going to have bruised knees and elbows.Great!When I get out of here I can start to practice my in-line skating skills...I’m already hurt in all the right places, so why not?

Now that she was sure she was going to survive, the blonde was indulging herself in all kinds of complaints.
She remembered to look at her watch for the first time since she’d fallen down, and found that she had half an hour until her meeting with Willow.

I’ll have to hurry, then.I can’t just leave such a lovely lady waiting.And well, she is a redhead, so it’s probably a good idea not to piss her off.
She smiled to herself and entered the tunnel.

She started crawling to the surface.As she moved, dirt started to fall from above, the roof of the tunnel raining debris.Her vision blurred and she felt the sting as dirt entered her eyes.Out of reflex she rubbed them, which only made the situation worse.It quickly became nearly unbearable, and it took all of her remaining will power not to freak out completely in the middle of the narrow tunnel.Her arm muscles were exhausted and tender, she couldn’t use her hands, had to crawl on her elbows, and could feel her knees and elbows being cut and bruised by little stones that covered the passage.Still, she kept it together and continued her progress.

Small movements, Tara.Left, right, left, right.Focus on moving.That’ll get me back to Willow.Mmm…Willow!Left! Right! Left! Right!

It took her nearly the entire thirty minutes to reach the surface.
As soon as she was out of the hole and on her feet, she took off running without caring about traps or anything else.All she cared about was reaching Willow.
She managed to get to the door with one minute to spare.

And that is all for today

I hope you have liked this chapter. Let me know what you thought about it

The in between is mine.
I am mine!" - Pearl Jam

Post subject: Re: The Artifact - chapter eight
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:05 pm 
WOW!! :bow :clap

Charlie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:23 pm 
Pfew! They both made it! :)

Where can I get one of those hypno-flowers? :grin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:02 pm 

Wow!

That was hard! Tara got the worst part of the deal but it's great that each of them faced their favorite elements...climbing for Tara and swimming for Willow.

I wonder how the redhead is going to fuss over Tara after seeing her all bruised...hmmm

more!!!!

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:12 pm 
:wave Hi,

Totally wonderful update. :applause I'm so glad that they both made it. Now my question is, is Will gonna kiss Tara better? :D

I also loved this line

Quote:
Ugh! First, take your mind out of the gutter, and second…Hello! You’re under water! Please make a decision before you drown!
:rofl

Lisa:peace

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:25 pm 
Another amazing update!!:bow

And YAY! They both made it!!:applause

Poor Tara... :willow will make it all better, I hope:D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:40 pm 
I too liked the quote about the drowning. Now then, this morning I was bouncing around on the board at school...hehe, things I'm not supposed to do, but thye haven't banned it yet so it's okay...And I saw the replies! I was like yeah!!! And so I skipped to mine and got my reply and then I read the first part and I was like...I have to wait 'till Tuesday?! Then I relized it was Tuesday and I'd just have to wait 'till I got home! Silly me!!

Okay about the update...wow I red it like in 25 minutes or less! They're still in the jungle-forest thing?! Let me think...how many more masks....k they have 3/6....but Will knows of another so it's almost 4/6. Well, mask stuff should be finished next chapter, hopefully, and then off to a new room! And maybe a nice cuddly night night time? :pray I just can't seem to figure out what the :letter emoticon all means....lol. :hmm Okay well I hope you do well with your college papers, and it's just so nifty that you have time to write fics for us Kittens.

Thank ya for the nice update! I can't wait for another one!!! Love the anticipation and reading enjoyment I get from your wondrous writing! :read

-Ellen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:17 pm 
Heh, I still looooooooove those thoughts they have to themselves :) And I'll probably repeat that line for every chapter :-)

"To me you're not yellow or red; you're a disgusting orange".. thats right Willow, tell the flower the harsh truth :) Truth be told though Tara gets all the tougher stuff, twice her life has now been in danger (hypno doesn't count) and Willow well.. none. Not that I *want* Willow's life in danger mind you, but it sure seems unfair.

I'm wondering about that rabbit-mask's place too. It seems you need to fall in the trap in order to get at it. The route Tara is taking to get back up seems to be build like a one-time route only, so even if someone used that to get down they would have to climb all the way up... which according to Tara ain't possible. Poor Tara must hurt like hell, grasp-on's like those are fairly painfull. Esp. later on when the excitement ebs away.

There's NO way Tara's going to cover up being injured when she sees Willow, no matter how hard she tries. Willow's gonna fuss all over here and at the minimum make sure the wounds are treated properly. They can't really rest though, time-constaints and all.

I must compliment you on the traps and tricks, very ingenious. I could even visualize all the traps in this chapter, which is difficult for me.. visualising things from stuff I read, usually takes me lots of time. So I guess you wrote this one good :lol .

Grimmy

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:40 pm 
Marvelous again!

Thoughts of each other are getting them through the difficult times. They increase each other's will power.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next