The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Artifact - chapter three
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:06 pm 
Wow... Tomb Raider and sparks flying between :willow and :tara ! I can't wait for more! Okay, I guess I can, because I have to, but I'll be eagerly awaiting more!

Choosing not to decide is still a choice.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:48 pm 
YAy!! :party :bounce UpDaTe

cool. i like the interaction and their thoughts..hmmm.. sweet. at least they put aside their rivalry. uhmm, that's what i think :whistle AND.. can't forget the adventure. thanks.

great update.. thank you so much:kiss :bow

still your humble reader :flower ,

Red Jassy

Cause you were made for me/Somehow I'll make you see/How happy you make me

I can't live this life/Without you by my side/I need you to survive
So stay with me/You look in my eyes and I'm screaming inside/that I'm sorry. » Evanescence

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:43 pm 
ohhh another great update! i like how W&T are drawn to eachother, and cant wait to see how they deal with their feelings, not to mention gatting the star.

-michelle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:38 pm 
They, Willow specifically, are trying to remain separate, but no matter what, they end up having to do things together. I have a feeling there is a story here. I can't wait see what it is.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:05 am 
Can't Willow cross the boards now Tara is on the other side ? Can the other gods influence the challenge itself by the way ? I sure hope not :)

Jenkins doesn't have ulteriour motives much, he just wants that stone and is prepared to pay Willow and Tara to get it for him. Fairly standard business. Dropping from a helicopter and swimming to Willow's boat to ask her to do it IS kinda weird though :-)

Nice long chapters you write, I like that. Detailed background on both Willow and Tara was nice to read as well. I'm seriously pissed at Willow's parents, 'forgetting' their child like that... sheeeesh. Tara's first tombraiding expidition lends itself for some nasty rumours... the prof. just 'fell' down so Tara could collect all the money herself eh ? How convenient : -->>:

I wonder how the challenge is supposed to last. Had to laugh when I thought about Willow doing that roll/gun-draw when the ball came rolling down. That must have looked nice :-)

Grimmy

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:19 pm 
I continue to read and enjoy this fic. It's romantic and full of action. I like the way the rules of the quest have forced them to work together :grin even if they were wary about it. Thanks for the update!

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

-Me & Bobby
McGee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:48 am 
I see you like Lara Croft..who wouldn´t

nice job, don´t let us wait to long !!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:18 pm 
Hi everyone :wave

I want to thank everybody that is reading this fic :)

Of course that a special thanks goes to everybody who replied to me. It brings a big smile to my face every time I read your kind words :grin

Ok, now for the individual replies:

Arwen276 I’m glad that you think that the atmosphere is “tomb raider like”. I have been trying hard to remember the typical tomb raider traps. :blush

Kendahl897 Thank you :dance

shuyaku You’re right about the demons that haunt them… They feel drawn to each other, but it is going to take some time for them to overcome their fears.

Tempest Duer Sparks are always flying between those two girls :wink

Red Jassy Thank you for your kind words :grin You made me blush :blush

Yes, their rivalry is sort of forgotten… at least for the moment. You’ll have to hang on there and wait to see if it’ll remain that way :devil

Spot I’m glad that you liked the instant attraction :grin Getting the start will be a long process, but hopefully one that will be worth the trouble :wink

The Rose24 Yes, Willow is trying to run away but to no avail. This temple is a test to true love… So there will be lots of traps that need them both in order to be overcome. That redhead can run… but she can’t hide :wink

Grimlock72 Ok, now you got me thinking :hmm Let’s see if I can answer all your questions :)

About the boards… no Willow can’t cross to the other side before Tara has came back. Only one of them can touch the boards and go to the other side at a time. There is a reason for the way this trap works that has to do with how to overcome it.

No, the other Gods can’t interfere with the challenge. They built the temple and the test and then it was protected by Shamia’s power. They have no way to control what happens inside the temple :)

You’re right… Jenkins hasn’t done anything wrong, at least not yet. But he is desperate to get the star and he’ll do anything that he has to in order to get it. Dropping from a helicopter to go talk to Willow, is just one of the many things he’s willing to do.

And of course you’re also right about how “convenient” it was for Tara that her mentor died in a temple and left her to collect all the profits. I’m sure there was rumors about how exactly did the dear professor died… and it probably only helped Tara to make a name for herself faster. I’ll probably address this question later on the fic :wink

I think that’s all… I’m out of breath… LOL.

Thanks for reading :grin

Keep the questions coming :wink

xita Thank you for your compliments :) It means a lot to know that you’re enjoying my fic :grin Hopefully I can keep you liking it :grin

irishlassie101 Thank you :)

I’ll post chapter four tomorrow.

Once again thanks for your wonderful feedback kittens :grin

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die.

The in between is mine.

I am mine!" - Pearl Jam

Edited by: sabina at: 10/13/03 4:18 pm

Post subject: Re: Replies
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:20 pm 
I'm waiting eagerly for tomorrow and your update...

Post subject: Re: Replies
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:28 am 
Great job!! I'm intrigued!!:clap

Patiently awaiting the next chapter... well, not patiently..:wink

Post subject: The Artifact - chapter four
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:03 am 
Hi there

allykat
Thank you

Now, as promised here is chapter four.

• Title:
The Artifact

• Author:
sabina

Yes, please. I crave it.

• Distribution:
Anywhere. Just please ask me first.

• Spoilers:
No spoilers whatsoever. This is an AU fic.

• Rating:
It is going to get to NC-17.

• Pairing:
W/T

• Disclaimer:
The “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” series and its characters are the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. The “Tomb Raider” videogame is the property of Eidos Interactive and Core Design. This fic is not meant to infringe any copyrights.

• Summary:
Willow and Tara are two strong and independent tomb raiders who are both hired to find the same artifact. Trapped inside a temple they realize that not everything is what it seems and they have to work together and fight side by side for their lives as they try to find the way out.

• Note 1:
I want to thank my beta reader TKOLove, who has supported this idea and putted up with all my questions and doubts since the beginning without ever complaining.
Your work makes this fic a better one, so thank you TKOLove.

• Note 2:
I love Tomb Raider and this fic was something that had been in the back of my mind for long. Now I finally decided to write it. I hope you all enjoy reading it.

• Note 3:
Thoughts are in
italics

Chapter four

“No, I can’t move the bowl or its supporter!I think I’m going back to you, since there’s nothing here.”
“Ok.Come on back, then,” she said relieved.The redhead was becoming restless, wanting Tara to be near her.
Tara thought about the situation for a couple of minutes, then thoroughly searched the walls, the floor, and the bowl.She knew they couldn’t afford to be going there and back repeatedly.She’d worn a path, she might as well make it worth the effort.
On the other side, Willow was pacing back and forth.She knew the blonde was doing the right thing, but it was taking too much time as far as Willow’s nerves were concerned.

She wanted to sit down with Tara and just feel her near for a while, maybe hold her hand.
Come back Tara.I know I’m being paranoid but I don’t want you to be away from me.
When she saw Tara finish her search and begin to walk towards the wood pieces, Willow sighed with relief.But then she realized that Tara was coming back the same way she had gone, so as not to use another course.When the panels began to fall one after another under Tara’s running feet, Willow held her breath, only letting it go when the blonde made it safely across the room.

“Are you ok?” Willow asked concerned.
“Yeah.I’m fine.I’m just feeling frustrated.There’s no clue whatsoever on that other side about how to open this door.Damn.It looks like we’re sort of stuck.”
“Hmm.Maybe we could try pushing the lever in the other room.Maybe pushing it has two consequences – freeing the rolling stone, and opening the door.We spent a lot of time on the floor back there, so maybe the door only opens for little time and then closes again…and that’s why we missed it,” the redhead said hopefully, but not really convinced.She was a veteran in dealing with these trap things, and she knew that all things had their purpose in these crypts.That bowl was no exception.They were missing something, and she didn’t truly believe that the other handle was the answer.

“That’s an idea, and if nothing else maybe another stone’ll come rolling down and we can see what happens to it.It’s nagging at me that there’s no sign of the first one.It has to have come crashing down here somewhere.”

Apparently I’m not the only one who knows about temple tricks.She doesn’t believe in my lever solution any more than I do.But she’s right about the rock thing.I’d completely forgotten about it…with the whole being on the floor laughing until my belly hurt…and then spending the next half hour sitting there…next to her…I could even smell her perfume…feel her heat…mmm. Hey!Focus!

Willow blushed slightly, but Tara didn’t notice.

“You’re right.I’d completely forgotten about the rock.Maybe it plays an important role in all of this.”
Ah, who am I kidding?This rock thing…it’s just curiosity.Its purpose is to crush the other door, and that’s all it’s supposed to do.

“Well, maybe.” Tara said trying to be supportive.

“Ok, then. You stay here, away from the door, and I’m going to the other room to push the handle.I’d probably have time to come back here before it reached me, but I think I prefer to jump over it.That way I can be certain it’s not going to hit me in the back.”
“Be careful, Willow.”
I know you’ve done this kind of thing hundreds of times and you did it again just this morning, but still I don’t like the idea of you being in danger.

She worries about me.Wow.
Willow smiled brightly. “I will.Now, you watch the stone.I’ll be right back.”

The redhead pushed the lever and heard the familiar sound of rolling thunder.She got herself ready to jump and waited, and as the stone came rolling down, she jumped over it easily.She went back to the other room and saw Tara wide-eyed looking at the wooden panels.There was no trace of the stone, and just as she’d thought, the other door was still closed.
“Tara, what happened to the stone?”
“It crushed the first two wooden panels and then fell toward the spikes,” she said in a shocked whisper.
“Huh?!”Willow looked to the panels.They were unharmed and undisturbed.“How?”

“I don’t really know.A mist formed where the panels were and then it got solid in a matter of seconds.”Tara was astonished and worried. This thing they were trying to overcome was more powerful than she’d thought.

“Oh man!I hate when there are mystic forces at play when I’m on a quest!It usually leads to undeadly-dead mummy attacks, heavily-armed, insane statues coming to life, assaults by creepy-crawly slimy objects that don’t appreciate the essential nature of my head’s attachment to my body…that sort of thing.Quite unpleasant.But hey, they usually die by gunshots…some taking more than others.And when they don’t, almost none of them can resist the almighty shotgun.Anything else we come up against we can probably outrun.Stone statues are really heavy and typically slow…and mummies trip on themselves a lot, must be all the loose ends…” Willow was out of breath, but she was rewarded when she saw Tara smile and start to giggle.

Oh, that’s better.That makes me making a babbling fool out of myself worthwhile.When she looks sad, I feel as if someone extinguished the sun.
Willow smiled.

She is just so cute.Even if we die here, I swear I don’t regret coming to this place.It doesn’t matter, because she’s with me.Oh my god, I think I’m in love…I can’t be in love, can I?I’ve just met her.
Tara was still trying to sort her feelings out when Willow interrupted her.
“Now what?Do you have any ideas?”
“None.We probably should just sit down and try to think.”
“Yeah. I guess you’re right.Thinking’s good.Usually”.

The blonde sat on the floor facing the door.Willow felt the urge to go to her but she fought it, and instead began pacing back and forth.
Of all the times to meet the woman of my dreams, it had to be now?Trapped inside a goddamn temple and what the hell am I thinking?I don’t believe in dreams coming true, I don’t believe in love, and I certainly don’t believe in love at first sight.This is just a fleeting infatuation.It began today, it’ll be over by tomorrow.
Willow stopped and faced the wall, not really seeing it.
I should have backed away and run like the wind the moment I laid eyes on her.Just the way my heart started hammering in my chest should have been warning enough.But I stayed, and now I don’t even care if I die in this room…because I don’t feel alone anymore.I’m with her, and that’s the only place I ever want to be.

The redhead put her hands on the wall in front of her, hanging her head low.She hadn’t been happy before while on her own, but that arrangement felt safe, and now her heart was blindly giving itself to the blonde sitting across the way.Willow’s heart hadn’t bothered to ask the rest of her – mind or body – for permission.
So ok, I think my body’s more than happy with my heart’s choice.The way it warms itself up when she looks at me with those big blue eyes is proof enough of that.But what about my mind?I don’t want to fall in love.I don’t want to open myself to all kinds of heartbreak and pain. I’ll fight it!
Willow smacked the wall with her palm and felt something under her opened hand.

Meanwhile, Tara was using this break to think a little about her own feelings.Everything was happening at lightning speed and she needed to think a little about it.
So I’m attracted to her.Not much of a surprise there; I’m gay, she’s gorgeous.Duh…why wouldn’t I be attracted to her?Ok, maybe at least in my mind I should be truthful.I’m not only attracted to her, I care for her.I want to bear her burdens for her, my arms yearn to be the ones that hold her safe at night, and I want my voice to be the one that soothes her after a nightmare.I’m in love with her, I truly am.
Tara’s face lit up with that last thought.

Then she started panicking.
What if she doesn’t like me…or worse, what if she doesn’t even like girls?She probably doesn’t, otherwise, why would she be over there staring at the wall instead of here with me?And even if she is gay, she’s a knock-out and I’m not much to look at.Dad and Donnie always made sure I wouldn’t forget that.
Fortunately Willow’s voice interrupted her before she could continue putting herself down.
“Tara, I think I found something.Could you come here and take a look?” The blonde was rapidly back on her feet and approaching Willow.
“What is it?”
“Look right here.”Using her index finger, the redhead pointed to a spot on the wall.

“I can’t see a thing.” Tara was a little puzzled.
Even if she’s beginning hallucinate, she’s still adorable.
Apparently Tara’s affection was making itself noticed in every way possible, maybe to take revenge of the blonde’s initial denial of its existence.
“Now try putting your hand on that spot and rubbing it a little.”Willow’s expression was hopeful.
Tara did as she was told, and she noticed something engraved in the stone.It was superficial, so it wouldn’t be noticed by only looking at the wall, its roughness masking the inscriptions.A hand had to be pressed against it in order to detect its existence.

The blonde’s mouth began to form a smile – one that Willow had not seen before, but in the future she would recognize it to be Tara’s trademark lopsided grin.Willow thought it was absolutely gorgeous.
Like that’s a surprise. You think everything about her’s gorgeous.
Her conscience seemed to be mocking her.
“I think something’s written here,” the blonde said happily.
“It might not have anything to do with the way out of here, but since it’s hidden, it’s got to be important somehow.”Willow was trying not to be too happy about this…it could turn out to be nothing.

“Willow, please search the rest of the wall to see if this is the only thing imprinted.I’m going to start writing it on paper so it’ll be easier to read.”Tara was already searching for paper and a pencil in her backpack.
“Hmm…” The redhead looked disappointed all of a sudden.
“What’s the matter?” Tara asked concerned.
Willow was fidgeting with her hands.“Well, I can’t read hieroglyphs, and that’s what the markings seem to be.Give me Sumerian, ancient Greek, or Latin, and I’m your girl…but not hieroglyphs.”
Tara felt relieved.She didn’t like to see Willow worrying, and this was a concern she could easily put to rest.“Yeah, I think it is hieroglyphs.But don’t worry, I can read them.”

“You can?Wow.”Her green eyes were filled with admiration and maybe something more, but Tara didn’t dare to hope for the “more” part.As it was, that green gaze was already warming her up from the inside out. The blonde shook herself out of her self-induced Willowdream, and concentrated on drawing the forms her fingers were feeling.
Willow watched the blonde for a little longer, then walked away to begin methodically searching every inch of the wall.They were both progressing slowly…to make sure they weren’t missing anything, but also because every now and then, one would stop and stare at the other and completely lose focus.

Willow had already searched the same area three times, not because there was anything wrong with it, but because she kept catching glimpses of blonde hair and a blue shirt, and all else was forgotten.Tara wasn’t doing much better.Willow’s movements, as she felt along the wall, were showing her assets off nicely and the blonde was starting to feel quite hot and bothered…her hands tingling and aching to feel Willow.So it wasn’t terribly hard to understand why they ended up taking twice the time to finish their respective tasks than they would have if they’d been able to concentrate.

When they finally finished their tasks, the light entering the crypt had become dim, signaling the end of the day.
“Tara, whatever you find out with your translation, I think we should sleep here tonight.At least we know there’s no danger here.We don’t know if the same is true behind that door.”
The blonde thought for a moment about it.They hadn’t really made that much progress, but she didn’t know if they’d really lost any time because the whole “right timing” thing was just too vague in the book.And Willow did have a point – it was dangerous to be wandering around in the dark.

Willow saw the different expressions that crossed Tara’s face, and she waited for the blonde to give her opinion.“You’re right.It’s better for us to stay here tonight”.
They made their preparations for the evening, both taking sleeping bags from their backpacks and unfolding them next to each other on the floor of the crypt.
They sat on the bags and leaned against the wall.Tara was trying to translate the hieroglyphs, but clearly something wasn’t right as she had a worried wrinkle on her forehead.

The redhead was chewing her protein ball of the night and watching Tara work.When she couldn’t hold her curiosity anymore, she asked, “So, what does it say?You look worried.”
“Well, I’ve translated it and it doesn’t make much sense.”
“What does it say?” Willow asked again.She was good with riddles and if that was the problem, maybe she could help.
Tara started blushing, which only served to make the redhead even more curious…but she wasn’t about to ask again.

“W-Well…” the blonde cursed that stupid stutter.
Just because your mind seems to be in the gutter, doesn’t mean that hers is, too.So quit being nervous and just tell her for god’s sake.

She tried again.“Well, it says something like this: Only two hearts beating as one can open doors, only two bodies as one can cross a field of spikes, and only the fire in their hearts can light an undying flame.”
Willow blushed bright red, her face matching her hair perfectly, as one of those phrases replayed itself over and over in her head.
”Two bodies as one.”Does that mean what I think it means?
Willow gasped as images of Tara and herself naked, making love – hot, sweaty bodies moving against each other faster and faster – entered her mind.She shook her head, trying to regain some control.That blonde-haired goddess affected her too much.She could feel her body awakening, aching for Tara’s, and that just wouldn’t do.She had to be focused.

Tara had to repress a smile while watching the redhead’s expression.
Well, well…it looks like I’m not the only one who misunderstood that phrase.

“I’ve been thinking about it…”
And what delicious thoughts those were. Get a grip Tara!
“…and I think that it’s indeed the solution to our problem. We’ll have to be as one to cross the spikes field.”She watched delightedly as Willow’s blush deepened further.

I wish I could see what she’s seeing.Maybe we could make it come true right here and now.Oh stop it!She’s probably just embarrassed.I don’t think it’s too likely that this flame-haired, gorgeous woman is having lusty thoughts about me.She can have anyone she wants, so why would she want me?
Tara’s depreciative thoughts about herself sobered up her tone of voice, and all traces of her previous amusement had disappeared.

“So, to be ‘as one,’ I guess one of us has to carry the other one.Only one pair of feet touches those panels.Then over there…I’m betting that if we try to light the bowl together, it’ll burn, and that’s probably the way to open the door.”
As she heard the blonde’s interpretation of the phrases they’d found, the redhead felt the temperature start to drop.

After a while Willow was calm enough to try to speak, trusting her voice to be able to hold itself.“Yeah, I think that’s a good plan, and it sure fits the requirements of what was imprinted in the wall.”As she said ‘fit the requirements,’ she blushed and felt the temperature rise again.
There is just no stopping you, is there, body of mine?
she chastised herself.
“So we probably should try to sleep now.Since we didn’t move much today, we’ll probably need to go faster tomorrow.”
“Well, we don’t know if we’ve fallen behind, but you’re right, we should make the most of tomorrow,” agreed the redhead.

They finished prepping for their night’s rest.Willow’s guns were close enough to pick up quickly if any danger would arise.Their backpacks served as pillows.
Willow looked around for a second before entering her sleeping bag.She left it unzipped – you never know when you might need to get up in a hurry. It wasn’t comfortable to sleep fully clothed with her boots on, but she was used to it.She watched Tara doing exactly the same thing, then settled in for the night.

“Good night, Tara.”
“Sleep tight, Willow.”
It was completely dark, too early for the moon to cast its light through the entries on the ceiling.The temperature seemed to have dropped several degrees.In fact, it was freezing.

Oh man.I’m chilled to the bone.Stupid temple and its traps: “If you can’t smash them to bits, or spike them to shreds, go on ahead and freeze ‘em to death.”And as if that’s not enough to keep me up all night, I can hear every single movement Tara makes.Damn lucky sleeping bag.I want to be the one who’s wrapped around her.But I can’t, I won’t give in!I’m keeping my distance and I’m wearing my resolve face so that I don’t forget that I won’t give in.
Willow sighed profoundly and tried to forget she was cold…and that there was a blonde angel…so warm and oh so tempting…sleeping so near to her.

It’s so cold. I don’t remember being this cold before we lay down.Maybe I could suggest to Willow that we share the same sleeping bag.That way we could put the other one on top of us…sort of like an extra blanket.Of course, we’d have to be snuggled tight together to fit in this small space but that would only help to keep us warm.Who am I kidding?I just want to feel her pressed against me…me in her arms or her in mine…it doesn’t matter.
Tara decided to voice that last thought, although the reasons she was planning to use weren’t exactly the true ones.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this chapter

The in between is mine.
I am mine!" - Pearl Jam

Post subject: Re: The Artifact - chapter four
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:31 am 
Loved the update!!!:bounce

Can't wait for our girls to admit their feelings for each other.:heart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:35 am 
Nice update, and they have now discovered that together they can do this.

Cute that they both had the same "thoughts" about the translation! :wink

BV

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before"-Mae West

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:57 am 
Great update!!

I knew they'd figure out the translation..!

I hope they will soon figure out they think the same thing about each other!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:21 pm 
I wonder how long it's going to take them to realize they have to do everything together if they are going to succeed? Had to be in the same hallway for the for the lever to work. Have to cross the floating planks together, light the bowl on fire together, etc.

They're smart girls - they'll figure it out eventually ;)

And sleeping bag snuggles in the next update? Right? Cuz, in that case update soon!!

-shuyaku

------------------------------------

"Oh God, Willow—you’re giving me the gift of Karen Carpenter. Just when I think I grasp the full extent of your love." - Tara

"Why do birds suddenly appear? It’s because, you are queer…" - Willow (Gods Served and Abandoned by AntigoneUnbound)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:34 pm 
Heh, I like how both of them talk to themselves and berate themself for having naughty thoughts :-). Stuff like this is funny: " Willow's heart hadn't bothered to ask the rest of her - mind or body - for permission."

How convenient it suddenly gets to cold to sleep alone. If they could just get their brain together and think about the OTHER part of that riddle, the one that talks about getting in the door with hearts beating as one... maybe the would learn from that stuff. It handles about things they've done already after all.

I'm wondering why Tara doesn't carry any visible weapons, maybe because she doesn't need them ? I can't imagine she has never needed to defend herself in her chosen profession.

Hmm.. interesting.... not liking the way Tara thinks about herself though. Someone ought to tell her her father and brother certainly weren't right. Didn't she EVER meet someone that told her she isn't as ugly as she thinks she is ??

Grimmy

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:00 pm 
sabina!

The whole scene is WOW! The traps? very well crafted! the hieroglyphs! I'm so eager for them to come true!

and GO TARA, VOICE YOUR SNUGGLE NEED!!!

MORE SOON PLEASE?!

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:54 pm 

(snicker) carry across indeed ..... silly girls. :no

It's good to give into temption..... trust me :glasses

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:36 pm 
I wonder how long our ladies will go without snuggles. :hmm I say five minutes.

Haven't they noticed that every time they try to do things separately, nothing works? They are going to have to get it together very soon. No pun intended.

Why in the sam hill did you have to stop there? :devilish

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Edited by: The Rose24  at: 10/16/03 7:46 pm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:03 pm 
I'm with TheRose24 on the snuggles thing. Yay for snuggles! :applause Yay for you too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:26 am 
heheh..

I hope Tara would reason out her idea to willow since its so c0ld :whistle ... yup, definitely she should.

wow.. i like the part of willow feeling the body heat of Tara and smell her perfume.. ohh.. so sexy. heheh :clap Bravo..

and now that leaves us to wait for their snuggles and.... I dunno.. maybe add some smoochies :glasses :kiss

yay :bounce thanks for the update :bow

Humble reader,

Red Jassy

Cause you were made for me/Somehow I'll make you see/How happy you make me

I can't live this life/Without you by my side/I need you to survive
So stay with me/You look in my eyes and I'm screaming inside/that I'm sorry. » Evanescence

Edited by: Red Jassy at: 10/15/03 11:06 pm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:53 am 
HEY Sabina !!!!

Great fic.......the hieroglyphes are always a good thing to read HEHE

maybe the room temperature will rise very soon !!????

it MUST rise very soon..two intelligent girls..they will figure it out soon, won´t they !!!?????:bounce :bounce :bounce

Aishling

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:58 pm 
Aww I love this fic.. It Mixes my 2 fave things.... Tara and willow Goodness and... Tomb raider... and Willow and Tara Togerther ALONE.... is Heading for another one of my fave things:wink :wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:34 pm 
I am most definitely loving the Tomb Raider / Indiana Jones vibe in this story. This is great! :applause

I hope Tara gives in to her...is desire to strong of a word? :hmm Our leading ladies need snuggle time. And who knows...sharing a sleeping bag...all nice and cuddly, there's no telling what can happen. ;)

I can't wait to read the next update. Keep up the great work.

:D

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:29 pm 
Hi there Kittens :wave

Thank you for all the wonderful replies to this fic that you have been leaving :grin

allykat Thank you :) It is going to take some time for our girls to admit their feelings to each other. They have both been hurt badly and it will take time for them to start believing in love again… But they will get there eventually :devil

barnavasvamp Ehehe. I’m glad that you liked their thoughts about the translation :wink

Wilster Together they can figure out everything. About them figuring out that they feel the same way about one another… well, it will take some time. But hang on in there and we’ll get there :wink

shuyaku They are starting to understand that the answer to most challenges lies at least partially in them working together… It won’t take long for them to adapt themselves to working together instead of trying to do everything on their own :grin

About the sleeping snuggles… well, my mouth is closed. You’ll have to wait for the next update :devil

Grimlock72 I’m glad that you like the way they keep chastising themselves because of the thoughts they have towards one another because they will keep berating themselves for their thoughts for a while to come. They were both alone and lonely for so long that it will take time for them to be able to accept what they are feeling and also it will take time for them to even hope that the other one feels the same. Story wise they met only a day ago and they have a lifetime of heartbreak and disbelief to deal with and overcome before they can be really together.

The way the temperature drops at night is actually one of my favourite temple’s traps :devil

Tara’s lack of guns will be explained in the next chapter :wink

I totally agree with you about teaching Tara’s brother and father a lesson but I won’t deal with it in this fic. She has closed herself completely so she hasn’t let anyone near her enough to convince her that she is actually beautiful.

Arwen276 Thank you :grin

WintersDreamer Lol. They will give into temptation… it just isn’t going to happen right now :devil

The Rose24 Ehehe. I say your bet on the five minutes without snuggles is a good one :wink And well, they’re starting to notice that most things only work when they do them together.

Tempest Duer Thank you :grin

Red Jassy Tara will not stay silent and cold for long :wink

irishlassie101 Yeah. I agree with you on the hieroglyphs, they do carry the most interesting messages sometimes :wink

KinKness Thank you :grin

Draco119 I’m glad that you’re liking the tomb raider / indiana jones vibe. I was hoping that people liked it. I love these kind of stories :blush

Don’t worry Tara will voice her need for snuggles soon enough :wink

Once again thank you everyone for your kind words :grin

You make writing this fic a whole more worthwhile.

I’ll update tomorrow :banana (It's 4 am so actually for me it will be later today instead of tomorrow :yawn )

Hopefully you will like this new chapter too :grin

The in between is mine.

I am mine!" - Pearl Jam

Post subject: The Artifact - chapter five
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:29 am 
• Title:
The Artifact

• Author:
sabina

Yes, please. I crave it.

• Distribution:
Anywhere. Just please ask me first.

• Spoilers:
No spoilers whatsoever. This is an AU fic.

• Rating:
It is going to get to NC-17.

• Pairing:
W/T

• Disclaimer:
The “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” series and its characters are the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. The “Tomb Raider” videogame is the property of Eidos Interactive and Core Design. This fic is not meant to infringe any copyrights.

• Summary:
Willow and Tara are two strong and independent tomb raiders who are both hired to find the same artifact. Trapped inside a temple they realize that not everything is what it seems and they have to work together and fight side by side for their lives as they try to find the way out.

• Note 1:
I want to thank my beta reader TKOLove, who has supported this idea and putted up with all my questions and doubts since the beginning without ever complaining.
Your work makes this fic a better one, so thank you TKOLove.

• Note 2:
I love Tomb Raider and this fic was something that had been in the back of my mind for long. Now I finally decided to write it. I hope you all enjoy reading it.

• Note 3:
Thoughts are in
italics

Previously

It’s so cold. I don’t remember being this cold before we lay down.Maybe I could suggest to Willow that we share the same sleeping bag.That way we could put the other one on top of us…sort of like an extra blanket.Of course, we’d have to be snuggled tight together to fit in this small space but that would only help to keep us warm.Who am I kidding?I just want to feel her pressed against me…me in her arms or her in mine…it doesn’t matter.
Tara decided to voice that last thought, although the reasons she was planning to use weren’t exactly the true ones.

Chapter five

“Willow, are you awake?”For a second she thought about the uselessness of that question.
Right, because if you weren’t awake, you certainly would be after I called you.

“Yes.”
“I’m really cold, and I was thinking that maybe we could share our sleeping bags.That way we could use the spare one to put on top of the other one, and we could warm each other up.”Tara thanked the darkness, because she could feel herself blushing…just thinking of the many ways she could warm Willow up.Suddenly she didn’t feel so cold anymore.

Oh my god.She wants us to sleep together.So ok, it’s actually sleeping, but it’s still more than I’ve ever done with anyone.I promised I wouldn’t give in.I won’t let myself be conquered without putting up a fight.I’ve only met her today, and already she affects me in ways that no one else ever has.If I do let myself fall and she doesn’t catch me, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to stand again…it’ll destroy me.But it really is cold, and this is something I could do even if I hated her.And what a ridiculous thought that is.I know I could never hate her.Focus!Ok, so we need each other.I mean, not dying of hypothermia is a pretty vital component to our getting out of here with the Star.

Willow was silent for a long moment, pondering the pros and cons of Tara’s suggestion.As time went by and Willow didn’t say anything, the blonde began to worry that she’d gone too far in voicing her idea.

Maybe she doesn’t like me and thinks the idea of sleeping next to me is disgusting.Maybe I’ve scared her away.The only woman I’ve ever loved, and now she probably can’t even look at my face.
The blonde’s thoughts were going down a truly dark path when the redhead spoke quietly.
“Ok, I’ll go to your sleeping bag and we can put mine on top of yours.”

I’m a dork… an idiot…a…huh??What?!She said yes?She said yes!Wow.
“O-Ok.” Tara again cursed her stutter.

“I can’t see where you are, and I don’t want to be disoriented and fall to the spikes, so I’ll just crawl a little to my left and I should find you.”Willow was starting to move as she spoke.Tara heard the little rubbing noise of the sleeping bag being tossed aside.

Why did she have to say she’d be crawling?Now I have all these mental images of Willow on her hands and knees…approaching me…coming to get me.Stop it!If you don’t stop these thoughts, once she gets past traveling to the sleeping bag and gets to the part where she actually joins you, there’s no way you’ll manage to sleep with her without doing more than just “sleeping”.

That’s when she felt Willow’s hand on her breast…touching…feeling her way. The redhead quickly realized where her hand ended up and withdrew it hastily. Tara’s nipple was already hardened and tender due to the low temperature, and she gasped before she could control herself.Having all those thoughts about Willow and then feeling the redhead’s hand on her breast was too much for Tara to bear silently.Her four senses had heightened because of the lack of vision, making that simple touch much more powerful.
“I’m so sorry!I can’t see a thing and I didn’t mean to do that.It’s just that, well, it’s dark, and I said that already, didn’t I?And you’re in the way, well of course you’re in my way…that’s the whole point…”

Tara decided to stop Willow’s babbling before it got out of hand.She was afraid to hear something that she didn’t want to hear like, ”I wouldn’t ever touch a girl’s breast on purpose.I don’t like girls in ‘that’ way.”
“Willow, it’s ok.Don’t worry about it.Just put the bag on top of me, then I’ll lift both bags so you can slide in here next to me.”

It’s ok?Does that mean I could touch you again?Maybe longer, and with fewer things in the way?I thought we’d agreed that you wouldn’t let go without putting up a fight!I have to tell you both, ‘Heart’ and ‘Body’ o’mine…you’re cheating!That’s not even close to fighting it!Oh god, now I’m separating my mind from my heart and body, and I’m talking to them as if they’re people!I’m simply going mad.I’m going to get locked up if I ever manage to make out of here alive.

“Willow, is something wrong?” Tara asked, concerned after the redhead had been still for a minute.She still didn’t answer.

Please don’t tell me you’ve changed your mind, please don’t tell me you’ve changed your mind.Being here with the covers lifted, I’ve gotten really cold again.I need to feel you wrapped in my arms so that I can heat up again.I beg you, please come here.
“Willow?”Through her pleading tone, Tara tried to convey her need for Willow to join her under the covers.

The redhead resumed her movements and extended her open sleeping bag over Tara’s body.Then she sat next to where Tara was laying, leaned back, and slid easily to the blonde’s arms.“Sorry, I was just thinking about something and I froze for a second.Well, that’s true in more ways than one,” Willow joked.Tara only made a sound of acknowledgment, “Mmm-hmm,” and pulled Willow deeply into her arms, pressing tightly against the redhead’s back.Willow was caught off-guard and took in a sharp gasp of air as she felt Tara’s breasts press against her back.The blonde’s nipples hardened and rubbed against Willow’s shoulder blades as Tara once again moved even closer, burying her head in Willow’s neck and hair.By then, almost every single part of the blonde’s body was touching Willow’s.

If someone had asked Willow before today how she’d feel about being snuggled like this by a near stranger – a woman no less – she’d have undoubtedly laughed and answered, “She’d be dead before she even touched me.”But here and now, with Tara nestled against her back, with her right arm holding her tight around the waist, and feeling her hot breath against her neck, Willow felt as if this was where she’d always been meant to be.She felt warm and cozy, and she wondered briefly how she’d ever managed to go to sleep before, without this amazing woman holding her.Willow then pressed softly back and covered Tara’s arm, which was draped around the redhead’s waist, with her own.
Willow let out a satisfied sigh, and let herself fall into a peaceful and sweet slumber.

Tara was feeling happier and more contented than she’d ever felt before in her life.She didn’t know what had possessed her to be so bold as to pull Willow closer and then cradle her completely, even going so far as to bury her face in Willow’s neck…but she was glad that she’d been brave enough to do it.The redhead hadn’t pulled away, and had actually tried to push closer.
Not that ‘closer’ was really possible.There wasn’t even a molecule of air between us when she pressed herself to me,
the blonde mused.

This feels so right.I’ve never felt like this.Yes, I’m extremely attracted to her.Goddess, I’d love to make love to her…to hear her scream my name at the top of her lungs as she comes so hard that it’s the only thing she can remember.And I want her to take me too, over and over again until we pass out in each other’s arms from the absolute, overwhelming pleasure of it.And then I want to wake up and do it all again.

But I feel so much more than that.I want her to be happy, even if it means hurting myself.I want her to be free, even if it means that I’ll never have her.I want her to be protected, even if it means I’ll have to give my life for it.
And right now I feel more content and fulfilled just laying here with her than I’ve ever felt before.So I think…now it’s official; I’m in love!

Tara smiled and sighed contentedly.She marveled briefly at the fact that she was feeling so warm and cozy when she’d been freezing cold just moments before, and then conscious thought abandoned her as she peacefully fell fast asleep.

They slept soundly all night.It’s possible that not even a second giant rolling stone aimed directly at them could have awakened them.Well, at least not before it hit them.
In the morning, the blonde was the first one to get back from her visit to dreamland.When she opened her eyes, she was greeted by the sight of Willow’s face so close to her that they were breathing the same air.With the majority of her brain still caught in the sleep’s haze and only her instincts ruling her, Tara smiled widely and was just about to lean in a little to wake Willow up with a kiss.But then the rest of her brain started functioning properly.

What am I doing?!I can’t kiss her, not like this.And how did we end up like this?

Only then did she fully realize their exact positions.And she started to panic.

Somehow in the middle of the night Willow had turned around, so now they were facing each other.But instead of creating space between them, her shift had brought them closer.They were completely tangled.Each of them was embracing the other tightly around the waist, their breasts pressing together, and their legs entwined from the knees down.

Oh man, oh man.This is downright intimate!Our bodies seem to recognize one another like old lovers, molding themselves against the other, adjusting to all the shifts in position.What if she doesn’t want me and thinks I was taking advantage of her in her sleep?

Just then Willow moved a little and mumbled something in her sleep.Tara couldn’t say what it was, since she’d completely lost the ability to focus on anything other than the small but delicious friction of breast-on-breast, provoked by Willow’s little movement.Her nipples hardening immediately.

Nice!What if she notices this?Well, considering the way we’re snuggled she can’t help but notice.At least yesterday I had the cold as an excuse.I can’t take this.I have to make a little room between us, otherwise I think I’ll go insane.

As the blonde started to extricate herself from Willow, the redhead groaned unhappily and pulled Tara back to her, burying her head in Tara’s neck.The blonde had been caught by surprise when the redhead moved, and she ended up with both her arms around Willow’s neck…now even closer to the redhead.To make Tara’s sweet torture almost unbearable, the redhead seemed to be talking in her sleep…her lips soft and moist while brushing against the blonde’s neck.

Oh god. I don’t know how much I can take before I kiss her senseless.
Tara begin to feel Willow stir, and she noticed that the whispered words against her neck had stopped.The blonde had mixed feelings about this.On one hand, she was starting to get too turned on for her own good, but on the other hand, Willow waking meant that she would pull away soon.
The first things Willow felt when she woke up were the strong arms draped around her neck, keeping her safe.Then she felt Tara’s pulse under her lips.And just after that, the awareness of where the rest of her body was pressed came rushing to her head in chaotic waves, making her dizzy.A thigh between her thighs, breasts against breasts, her own hand on the blonde’s back pressing her closer.She felt lusty; a primal need to have Tara was arising from deep within her.

She willed herself to be quiet and still, to try to calm down.After a few moments she decided that the best course of action was to pull away, since there was no way she was going to cool down being so close to Tara.So she lifted her left hand from the blonde’s back, and extricated herself slowly from their tight embrace.She tried to keep the awkwardness at a minimum by not moving too far, just enough to put her weight on her right elbow and look at Tara properly.

Wow. She’s so beautiful.
Tara’s ponytail had survived perfectly the night – not even a hair was out of place.In the redhead’s still blurred vision, it seemed as if a halo was surrounding Tara’s head.
She’s an angel.Maybe I died and went to heaven.Well, that can’t be right…I’d never make my version of heaven include protein balls for breakfast, lunch and dinner.If, however, I was sitting here eating a delicious salmon, I really would have cause to worry.
Finally, Willow’s gaze found two deep pools of blue, and she was lost.

Her eyes are the most exquisite blue I’ve ever seen.I could write a thousand poems about all the shades they have.Summer blue, stormy sea, sapphire…I could go on and on until the end of time and still I wouldn’t say it all.

Willow realized that she couldn’t stare much longer into Tara’s eyes before leaning in to kiss her, and if she kissed her now, there was no way they could
just
kiss.She saw it deep in Tara’s darkened eyes, a raw hunger that matched her own.
Oh yeah, if our lips even slightly touch each other’s, there’s no stopping us…and I’m not quite ready to go there.I’m just starting to accept this whole thing.

The redhead decided to break the silence.“So how did you sleep?Were you cold?Because I kind of fell asleep about two minutes after slipping into… “
your arms
, Willow thought. “…your sleeping bag.And I was feeling warm, so I thought that you probably were comfortable too, but I forgot to ask, because…well I fell asleep, and I already said that, didn’t I?”
The redhead’s voice brought Tara slowly out of the lusty fog she’d been lost in.When she heard the rambling redhead, a smile made it’s way onto her lips.This was the best wake up call she’d ever had – Willowbabble.Only a few seconds later did the meaning of what Willow was saying register in her brain.It was, after all, still recovering from its Willow-induced trance, and it took a moment before she was able to reply.

“Oh yeah, I was really warm and cozy.”
Warm?!Talk about understatements!Goddess!It felt like a volcano erupted in my heart and sent its lava flow through my veins with each beat.I was burning all over.

“Good, good.Tara there is one thing I noticed, a-and I wanted to discuss it with you.Don’t you think it’s weird that two people are needed to open this room’s door?Because, I wasn’t originally thinking about coming here with you.I mean, I’m happy that I did, don’t get me wrong, but I always worked solo before, and if I’d come alone, I’d have died here.I think there’s something more to this temple than what I was told, and that’s really buggin’ me.I like to know what I’m going to face so I can be prepared.”

The blonde was listening to Willow intently.She hadn’t really thought about the “why” of it all.She’d just been happy to find evidence that they had to stick together to overcome this.It hadn’t really crossed her mind that it was, in fact, rather strange that in the middle of the temple a room suddenly would only open if there were two people working together in it.That was a death sentence to any adventurer who entered alone.

Something’s wrong here.These challenges tend to be arduous, but fair.The rules don’t just go and change.
Then the answer hit her.
“Since the beginning…that’s it!We had to be together in order to be accepted.”
Willow was deep in her own thoughts and almost missed what the blonde had whispered.
“Huh?!”
“Willow, think about it.When you arrived at the antechamber of the room, I’d already been there for about ten minutes, and I’d been fussing over the door to try to get it open, but nothing happened.Then you came in and the door just opened without either of us doing anything.We had to be two people…together…from the beginning, otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to get in!”

“Oh man.”Willow’s face lost a little of its color.They sat in silence for a few moments, thinking about the implications of what they’d discovered.
The redhead was the first to speak.“Do you think we were hired by the same person?That we were set up to meet here?I bet we were!He seemed to know everything there was to know about this.So, why?I guess that’s the next question.”
Tara let out a little chuckle over Willow’s run-on thoughts.“I think there could be many reasons.Both of us are known for always working alone.Maybe he wanted the best in the world and knew that if he told us we had to work together, we’d refuse.”

Actually, I don’t think I would have refused.I was too curious to meet you.Just hearing your name sent shivers down my spine.It makes sense now…I think we were destined to meet,
Tara thought.

I don’t know if I’d have been brave enough to accept working with you.You affected me too much without me even knowing you.The mere sound of your name would send me to daydreamland. And I’ve always run away from anyone who’s managed to pass through my defenses.Maybe I’d have been a coward and hid behind my “I work alone” profile in order to avoid you,
the redhead considered.

“That’s a possible explanation, Tara.But I think we should keep our guard up.I still feel like there’s something more going on, and it can’t hurt us to be prepared.”

“Yeah, I think you’re right.I’ll keep my eyes open.”

They dropped the subject, both of them feeling too happy about being with each other to be thinking about deception and betrayal.Those concepts were so far from their hearts at the moment, that it was almost inconceivable to them that such things existed in the world at all.
They both shifted position and were now lying on their backs, staring at the ceiling.Their hands had somehow found the way to each other and were now entwined and resting between their bodies.A peaceful silence filled the room.Each girl was letting herself draw strength from the other for what was to come.

“Tara?” Willow asked, still looking up.
“Yes?” the blonde moved her head so she was looking at Willow.As the redhead next spoke, Tara was greeted once again with the sight of the most amazing emerald eyes, as Willow had moved to lock onto her gaze.
“Why don’t you carry any guns?”
The blonde’s body stiffened.
Willow immediately regretted her question.She could feel Tara’s hand tense in her own, but more than that, it was the startled look in the usually calm blue eyes that told her she’d just asked the wrong question.

“I’m sorry.I shouldn’t have asked that.I was just curious.I’ve met lots of tomb raiders and all of them carry guns – big guns, actually.So when I first saw you, I was surprised to see that apparently you don’t carry any guns at all.But hey, that’s ok!So you don’t like guns.Maybe you had a bad shooting experience.I don’t like horses because I had a really bad pony incident during a birthday party.Uhm, so maybe you’re the same with guns…”In her attempt to ease Tara’s discomfort, the redhead probably would have continued her verbal back-pedaling until she passed out due to lack of oxygen, but the blonde’s soft chuckles stopped her.

That sound relaxed Willow completely.The blonde was happy again, so everything was well in the world.“You’re just too cute when you do that.”Tara said, before she could stop herself.

Cute?She thinks I’m cute?Why would this blonde goddess think I’m cute? Nobody’s ever thought of me like that.
The redhead’s eyes widened.
The blonde could see the astonished look swimming deep inside pools of green.
Oh my god…she looks surprised.She looks so surprised.She’s never thought of me like that, and she can’t accept that I think of her as cute.God, she’s probably straight, and now she’s freaked.
Tara had completely misunderstood the look in Willow’s eyes, and was starting once again to panic.She decided to say something to chase away the silence that was weighing down on her heart, and the first thing that came to her mind was the answer to Willow’s earlier question.

“I don’t like violence,” the blonde said quickly.
“Huh?” Willow was still kind of distracted.
Tara breathed deeply to steady herself for what she was about to reveal.
What kind of powerful magic have you used on me Willow?I’ve never said any of this to anyone before. I was always so strong, carried my past deep inside myself so no one could see my unhappiness, and now… Now I want to bare my heart and soul, and trust you to take my pain away and keep me safe.Here next to you I don’t feel like I have to pretend that everything’s fine and good.

“My family used to be wealthy.Then, long story short, we lost everything.My father couldn’t get a good job and he felt guilty for our misfortune, so he started drinking.”Tara shivered slightly as the memories filled her mind.
Willow, completely focused on Tara’s story, could see where this was going.
”I don’t like violence,”
Willow replayed Tara’s comment in her mind, and a realization came to her.
Oh my god…that goddamn bastard hit her!
The redhead’s knuckles were turning white, the result her tightly-clenched fists.
The blonde swallowed hard before resuming her story.
“He used to be a gentle man, but after he began drinking, he lost it completely. One day he came home later than usual and my mother waited up for him.She was worried.He was drunk and took offense to her waiting up for him; he thought she was trying to control him, check up on him or something.So he beat her up.When we heard the noise, my brother and I went down to see what was happening.”

Tears started to fall from Tara’s eyes, and they forged a wet trail down her cheek.That was too much for Willow to bear without doing something to comfort the blonde.Letting her instincts be her guide, she scooted closer and embraced the blonde tightly.Tara felt the circle of Willow’s arms close firmly around her and she clung to the redhead as if her life depended on it, burying her face in the redhead’s neck.
I feel so warm and safe – as if nothing bad can touch me while she’s holding me.

Willow felt Tara’s face on her neck and she pulled the blonde even closer.Her left hand began rubbing tiny circles on the blonde’s neck, trying to soothe away all the pain she sensed pouring out of Tara.

Tara started talking again.Now that she’d started she had to finish.“When I came downstairs I tried to hold his arm back so he couldn’t hurt my mother again, but he picked me up and threw me against the wall, and I was knocked unconscious.When I woke up I was in the hospital, and they told me I had a pretty serious concussion.That was the first of the many
accidents
recorded in my medical history.”

If he ever touches Tara again I’ll hunt him down and kill him.Actually, scratch that.Even if he doesn’t hurt her ever again, if I ever lay eyes on this guy, he’ll wish he was dead.
Her green eyes were full of rage, but tinted with compassion for the blonde.

How can anyone hurt Tara?She’s gentle, kind, smart, and funny.To know that the person who should have loved her and protected her from the evil in the world…that he, instead, hurt her so much…it makes my blood boil!

Tara continued her story, nearly whispering it against Willow’s neck, never letting go.
“While my mother was alive she tried to protect me and my brother from my father, so the beatings stopped for a while.But then she was diagnosed with cancer.We didn’t have the money to pay for the treatments, and her health quickly deteriorated.It was a lost cause from the beginning because my mother had already given up.Six months later she was dead.”
The blonde had managed to hold herself together until then, but when she remembered her mother, her self-control broke and sobs started to shake her body. She couldn’t speak, and struggled to catch her breath.Ten years of pain and sorrow long ago buried deep inside were now surfacing.

Willow held her, keeping up the soothing motions with her left hand, and she started whispering little words of comfort.“It wasn’t your fault.It’s all right now.I’ve got you and I’ll never let anyone hurt you again.”
They stayed like that for a long while, Willow continuing to whisper soft, sincere words of consolation.
Tara couldn’t understand half the words the redhead was saying, but the calming tone was getting through.She relaxed and the sobs began to slow down.A huge weight seemed to have been lifted from her heart.Since the night after her mother died, Tara had never let herself indulge in crying.It felt good to be able to finally mourn her mother, and also mourn the happy times they shared.She could feel Willow’s hand caressing her neck with such a gentle touch, her strong hand surprisingly tender and soft.

How much time has passed since someone touched me like this?How long since I let myself be held and comforted?I thought my heart had turned to cold stone.One look from this green-eyed adventurer and my armor melted like ice under the spring sun.It feels so good to be held by her.I feel safe like I haven’t felt in the last ten years.But I have to wipe my tears and get up soon.It’s time for us to go.

Willow was happy to be there for Tara.She understood all too well about repressed feelings.
Oh no, brain…let’s not even get started on my life.
As always, she pushed her own painful memories to the back of her mind.She wanted to be what the blonde needed, and she was sure that breaking down was not going to help.

She felt Tara pull away from her arms in order to sit up.The blonde’s eyes were red, and her cheeks were still wet from the tears she’d shed, but looking into those blue orbs, Willow could no longer see the overwhelming pain that was there before.She saw something else she couldn’t quite understand – or maybe she just wasn’t prepared to understand.In a flash, Tara put her defenses back in place, and the redhead was left looking into a calm sea of blue.

So, first I cry my eyes out on her shoulder, and now I’m sitting here looking like a love-struck idiot.She was just being friendly, Tara.You saw how she reacted when you said she was cute…let’s not make more of it than it was.

“Thank you,” the blonde said.
“There’s no need to thank me.You needed me and I’m happy I could do something to help.”Then Willow dropped her head and said in a whisper, “I’m so sorry about your father, Tara.A-and I’m sorry about bringing this up with that stupid question about guns.”
The blonde spoke softly, trying to ease Willow’s discomfort.“Well, first, it wasn’t a stupid question.Secondly, it’s not your fault that my father was always drunk and beat us up.And lastly, it felt good to let go.I’ve never cried before about my family.I never had the chance.I always needed to be strong.This was a good thing…cathartic for me.I’m feeling so much better now.”

Willow smiled, and Tara decided to finally answer the question that had started the conversation.
“I don’t use guns because I hate violence.I feel closer to being like my father when I do,” Tara said sadly, without meeting Willow’s eyes.It was only when she heard the redhead’s voice that Tara looked at her.

This is all for today.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this chapter

Please let me know what you thought about it

The in between is mine.
I am mine!" - Pearl Jam

Post subject: Re: The Artifact - chapter five
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:25 am 
Wonderful..... but much too short!

I'm glad Tara finally got to cry over her missing childhood, muchly needed.

Wonder when the question of how Tara defends herself will come up?

I think it's interesting how to protect their inner selves Tara went to isolation and Willow went to cold.

Thanks for the great story .... update soon!

and your a tease for not letting them give into temptation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:04 am 
I more than enjoyed reading the chapter sabina!

This is great work! and snuggling!! that's just what I love!!!

It's great that Willow is comforting Tara, I hope she'll let the blonde do the same to her when she opens up...

Hope they figure out that their employer is setting them up soon! as well as the key to figure out the temple :soul-mate ship!

MORE PLEASE! MUCH MUCH MORE!

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:25 pm 
Just wonderful!!:clap

I loved all of it, especially the Willowbabble and Tara explaining why she didn't carry guns...

Keep up the great work:bounce

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:55 pm 
Good that Willow feels so protective of Tara. I do wonder how Tara has survived this long without using guns though. It's not like the rest of the world will adapt to her no-violence policy.

Which brings me to her statement of 'feeling like my father' when she would use guns. I can see Willow taking that the bad way as in 'any person using guns...'. I guess we'll see about that in the next update :)

I still find it mildly dissappointing that they've not reconsidered the things they read on the wall. Maybe they're scared to consider the implications ?? Nah.

Cute the way sleeping Willow reacted when Tara tried to pull away. Willow was having none of that, nope :-). Should be fun when they cross that wood/spike (heh, neat combination there) floor together.

Grimmy

--

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next