The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Darkness Falls Update
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:53 am 
C,

Not MIA, really, just T-I-R-E-D. Never would I ignore my loyal harassers, er, I mean fans! Fans!

Part C is, in truth, almost done-- first draft-wise-- but SHHH, don't tell anyone! It's a secret!

My other big news??? Guess who's going to Venice, Italy for 2 months for her job??? Yipes! And who's taking beginning Italian??? Double yipes! Gotta love show biz!

Take care,

Kris

"Frell that!"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:22 pm 
yay :bounce reply to my reply.

tired is not good, you shouldn't work so hard, you could instead just relax and write many updates. :)

and your secret is safe with me, but maybe we should contact singgirl and give her the good news - she hates waiting and all that tick, tick, tick you taunted her earlier with :spin .

and CONGRATULATIONS, you sound really excited - and hey you'll be on my continent, in Europe i mean, and Italian is pretty much like Romanian only a little bit more musical they say.

have a good time learning it and take care.

C

"Es ist fuer einen Menschen unertraeglich, ertragen zu werden." (Jean Cocteau)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:40 pm 
C,

Well, tired isn't good, but oh, well. And, hello? I was referring to my tired typing fingers! Joke. I'm having a bout of insomnia and I'm gettin' kinda cranky!

I started this job thinking, okay, no prob, sit back, learn a trade, no big deal. Suddenly my boss is telling me to get a passport, learn the language, go away for 2 months! I am very excited, but freaked out as well. 2 MONTHS!

Well, I'm sure singgirl will be checking in for the daily dose of harassment, so. . . tick, tick, tick, DING!

Kris

"Frell that!"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:41 pm 
IsayAmberBensonsgorgeous, I agree with you completely. tick...tick..tick...I hate this clock!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:43 pm 
Kris that was - WOW - Intense...can't wait for the next update!! THANK YOU!!!

A dream is a wish the heart makes.

Willow: "You had two eggs, sunny-side-up. I remember because they were wiggling at me like little boobs."

Tara: "Sassy Eggs."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 6:32 pm 
Well, the network went down at work. Darn, can’t input. Rats! Guess I’ll have to check in with the Kitties. Let’s see. . .

singgirl: I have a digital if the ticking gets to be too, too much. . .

SlayerTazz: Intense. . . ya think? Thanks, I do try.

Kris

“Frell that!”

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 10:30 pm 
well, I could eagerly accept your didgital, but then I wouldn't have that to bitch about, and that would leave me to only moan and complain about the lack of updates, like it's even possible for you to have an update up every time I check, but ya know, whatever, I can dream.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:18 am 
"i have a digital if the ticking gets to be too, too much..." - :rollin :rollin :rollin you little meanie! good that i don't have issues with clocks.

and about the freaking - i'm sure you'll not want to leave Italy after you've been there for a couple of weeks: great food, good-looking women (or men, not that i would know anything about those, ick...), lot of sight-seeing to do, all that history, good women, writing updates, women, updates ... hm, yeah, that was about it all.

take care.

C

Post subject: Re: Darkness Falls, Part 1: Descent(B)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:13 am 
Wow Kris what a very intriguing update! Again Tara's fear is so palpable from experiencing that intense nightmare. One really gets a sense of the true badness to come as Tara reluctantly retells her nightmare, as Buffy and Willow inwardly recoil as the events are relayed back to them. I too noticed that Tara was the only scooby member not accounted for in the nightmare, and I can't wait to see what implications this has on further parts.

I also loved how Willow knew she could coax Tara back into the bed, but instead makes Tara comfy on the floor. This just again reinforces how connected W&T are, that they don't need any words spoken to know what they other feels/needs in a given moment. Just really a beautiful image to behold.

Another thing that is interesting is the contrast between simplicity vs. the ornate. In other words, Madrine the one with the power her room is plain/simple, as well as her clothes when she encounters Buffy in the ally. However, the rest of her house seems intricately decorated, while her "minions" (the one's with lesser power) are dressed in brand-name clothes.

Lastly, the action/fight scenes were well-written. I could so feel the actual movements/"blows," as Buffy (and the gang) were fighting to keep their heads, as well as their limbs. Madrine truly intrigues me, and it was interesting how she inferred they were connected (ie "I came here... to find you, to show you who you are, who we are."). But with Madrine's fury (and blame) of Buffy killing Cassandra, I am looking forward to how she attempts to make good on her threats (ie "taking away everything good in her life"), which Tara's nightmare foreshadows this revenge. Can't wait for the next part!

Edited by: VampNo12  at: 7/9/02 1:17:36 am

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:02 am 
oooh, C, I agree, Itallian women make my heart go pity-pat....mmmmm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:13 am 
see Kris, you're two faithful harassers, ahem, fans, worshippers, i mean ... say that everything's gonna turn out just fine. so take the plunge and enjoy it. :)

C

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:11 am 
C, just out of curiosity, do you sleep? Cuz, I have noticed, your replies are normally about the same time as mine, and well...I don't sleep much lately, so, ya know....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:52 am 
hey singgirl,

just saw a reply of yours to Kris and i always have to look - but it's one for me. yay. you know i was wondering too about you, i mean, you post, i post, i was wondering are you from europe as well, cuz if you were american, well you should sleep when i post. your not sleeping much explains it, and i don't sleep much either, my mom has to threaten to beat me with a shovel (not really, don't worry) to go to bed. so, mistery solved.

take care.

C

PS: where is Kris? :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 5:06 am 
C, yeah, I'm an American with a nightshift job, and a recently destroyed long-term relationship, so sleep isn't my thing. My mom goes after me too, but fortunately, I live in the basement, so she doesn't bother me much. I think Kris may be the rational one who sleeps. That would explain the absence. By the way, the name is Bev, in case you were wondering.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 5:41 am 
you know i was (again) wondering, it's like: hey you know the initial of my name, but i don't know yours. so again two misteries solved: i know your name and that you're American. cool.

hey, sorry to hear about that destroyed relationship, i can't imagine how this feels. but they say it'll get better eventually - if it helps. anyway i wish it does get better for you. and, hey who knows, maybe we can persuade Kris to bring some nice, good-looking Italian women (they are good cooks too!!) with her when she comes back - you know to share in the Italian experience with her. :grin

take care. catch some sleep.

C

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:03 am 
C, thanks for your support, you're a sweetie! ;) Anywho, I like the suggestion. Kris should definately get Italian women in the picture, beautiful women, awesome culture, and excellent food! Oh damn...*sighs dreamily* Well, i suppose Ishould go to bed, it's 8:04AM here, and, well, though I hate to go to bed, cuz it's all lonely and i think instead of sleep, I should try it. See ya around!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:25 am 
Oh my, Buffy's done it now, hasn't she. There in for a world of trouble. Very intense fight scene. Looking forward to more!

She's my everything!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:07 am 
woo and hoo! nobody called me a sweetie yet, not in English anyway. thanks Bev. :blush

i hope you have a good 'day's' sleep. ;)

C

PS: Kris wake up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:11 am 
Jeez, Buffy just set off a change reaction of badness hasn't she? Pretty intense stuff.

-----------------
Oh, trusty soda machine. I push you for root beer, you give me coke.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:25 am 
Okay, okay! I'm here, I'm responding!

VampNo12: Wow! That’s some major feedback! Thank you. Hmm, again with the missing Tara in the nightmare. . . hmm, wonder why the Scoobies didn’t pick up on it? Hmm. . . Simplicity vs. ornate. Well-put! Why? You’ll learn that a bit later, and it mite surprise you. Thank you w/re: to the fight scenes; don’t usually write them and I’m glad they turned out okay. And, as for Buffy and Madrine’s connection? And Madrine’s threats? Well, stay tuned. . . .

Tiggrscorpio: “Assume crash positions!”

singgirl and IsayAmberBensonsgorgeous: OK, you two, you’re having a party in my thread and I’m not even there! You guys crack me up, you with the Italian women and the writing and the clock. You kill me. I mean, really, how’s a girl supposed to get any “work” done. Like that’d ever happen, right?

Well, I am in sunny California myself; actually working in Hollywood for Paramount. And no, I don’t sleep much. Never have, not since I was 12 or so. Lately, though, it’s been worse, days on end with only an hour or so. Like I said, I’m cranky!

Hey Bev, I was on night shift too awhile back. A night stocker for. . . wait for it. . . Wal-Mart! AHHH! I know, I know, but hey, I got so many ideas for stories, and man, you wouldn’t believe the freaks that come in there all hours of the night.

As for Italy, I’m nervous but excited. I think though, more about my job than being there. I’ve been there before(to Florence and Rome), but still – 2 MONTHS! What will my crazy cat do w/out me???

So anyway, I’m here. All day I pop in and out. Keep talking!

Your humble scribbler,

Kris

“Frell that!”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:57 am 
:bounce our mistress awoke! but Bev is sleeping now, *sigh*, you guys should make a sleeping-schedule in different colored pens (no yellow crayons allowed!) so that i know when you're up.

about the 'killing you part', i'm sure you have noticed we do everything to keep you entertained and relaxed (vs. cranky), and i know you know why - yes, because we're nice people (huh? did i just type that) and ... ok, WE WANT UPDATES.

about that cat, i'm not a cat person and my dog would eat her up (she's kinda jelous that way) but you can ship any time to Romania, if that's your only concern for not packing already in a frenzy for Italy.

and do bring some Italian chicks with you as a souvenir (Bev needs some cheering up) - preferably Amber-look-alikes. i know - i am allowed to dream though. :(

now i'm depressed. and you know what comes *and the :cry emoticon crawls on the screen*.

take care.

C

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:19 am 
C,

Aha! I am here. Darn, thought I'd catch you!

Well, I will start packing for Italy, but not till later; I don't go till Nov/Dec. And then, after XMas, I have to go back and wrap for a week in Jan. I'd love to take my Poe, but she'd be in quarantine for awhile, and she'd, honestly now, she'd kill someone!

Okay, Italian chick souvenirs. . . check. Amber-look-a-likes. . . check! Anything else? Wait, forget I just asked that -- security is a bitch over here!

Kris

"Frell that!"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:43 am 
and here i am again! you know it's becoming an addiction to check you're thread, even though there is no update yet.

i love that "toothbrush -check" thingy you Americans are so fond of!

hey, about the souvenirs, i know, security is a bitch almost everywhere, you know, you could always get a hold of the original, THE Amber Benson, and pack her up and ship her to Romania - you know, considering you live in the same area. yep, that would be most desirable. :)

and about the cat, i was wondering: were you thinking of E.A.Poe when you christened it? - i just have a thing for names and their origins or 'causes'. it's something that sticks with you after having been a Philology student.

C

PS: when will there be an update? (you thought you might lull me into forgetfulness, didn't you? :grin )

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:15 pm 
C,

Well, some addictions are healthy you know, so long as they're harmless. Hmm, reading W/T love and angst -- gotta be good!

I don't know about all Americans, but certainly the ones who suffer from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, like moi, we love our lists and our checks -- check!

As for the real Amber, hmm, don't know. I did go by the stages awhile back and saw the sets and stuff. Pretty cool. I'll keep my eyes peeled. I'm going to the San Diego ComiCon and maybe she'll stop in again. Woo-Hoo!

Very good! Yes, Edgar Allen Poe is who I named my Poe after. Why? Well, he's a fave of mine, but more on point, I found her inside a wall when she was about 3 weeks old(poor baby) just crying and everything. Reminded me of his Tell-Tale Heart and Cask of Amontillado. She's nuts -- I think Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. But, hey, I love her.

Sh*t! You remembered the update, er, or lack thereof. Drat it all.

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick. . . .

Kris

"Frell that!"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:49 pm 
first: tick, tick, tick doesn't work with me, missy!

second: Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder sounds good to me - you never forget anything and lists are good - i could never stick to any list i made, i gave up making them a long time ago.

San Diego ComiCon: you lucky girl! if you know for sure she'll be there, tell her i adore her, not that it would mean anything cuz everybody adores her... see, i'm depressed again, i should just file for emigration to the U.S. - as if that'll happen.

Poe! i knew it. and i love his works too. he was something else! my fav is still "The Double Murder in Rue Morgue" - it blew my mind when i first read it (and it wasn't just the gruesomeness of details). anyway, we could make a new thread if we wanted to exhaust the interpretation of Poe's genius (as opposed to other people who are no genius *cough*joss-the-prick*cough*).

poor kitty. :( good she found you. now, undoubtedly a happy kitty.

(will genuine flattery bring us closer to an update?)

C

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:50 pm 
C,

Hey hey!! i am no longer asleep, however, due to some stuff I gotta do, I won't be officially harassing Kris till much later. I could also assume that maybe you are asleep now. okay, more replys guess not. Hey Kris, did you know that Edgar Allen Poe was a distant uncle of mine? ;) you kep with the incessant ticking and I may have to go insane too. As for the REAL Amber Benson, if ya can, drop her by the East Coast before she goes to Romania, I can show her wild, wonderful, West VIrginia! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:23 pm 
hey Bev, you're up :bounce i was beginning to miss you.

and don't do that due stuff, i'm not sleepy, no, not me, i'm not going to sleep yet.

ok, first i was petrified, you want MY Amber (ok, not mine -shit!), but then .. ok, you can have for a while, but just to show her your landscape there, that East Coast (not other landscapes that are yours, mind you!!!!) and there is to be NO touching and groping her involved there, i want her fresh and not disheveled when she reaches Romania. is that clear, missy?!? please?

one more thing: it's odd but i just love to read your replies to any fics, you'll see why -

"... happy birthday!! can't think of a better way to celebrate than writing another update!" - said Bev nonchalantly to a writing-girl who's birthday is today. :rollin god, i loved it, i'm still laughing my ass off cuz of this one.

and, last one (otherwise people'll think it's an update, though Kris is still with the tick, tick, tick - you know the drill) - was Poe really a relative of yours? you're not pulling my leg here...if you were, i'd look, well, like an idiot.

C

newest motto: don't work if you can party in Kris's thread! Hear me Kris?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:59 pm 
C,

Tick, tick, tick doesn’t work with you, huh? Double-drat!

As for OCD, for lists & stuff, yeah, cool okay, but when you can’t do things cause you have to check (hehe check, get it?) everything 10x, etc. it’s hard. I’m not that bad yet, but sometimes I catch myself doing repetitive things like that.

I love E.A. Poe, too. I got an old edition of his works when I was in Scotland, and it’s got everything! Genius, I agree. My kitty is lucky, I guess, but when I say she’s nuts, I mean it. Sudden rage, paranoia, all those things. But, like I said, I love her.

I have some pics of Amber at the last Con, she was singing with Andy Hallett(the host). I should email them to you!

Flattery, BTW, will get you lots of things, my dear, but not so much an update. Oh, my, did I just say that?

Bev,

Really? You’re related to Poe? I am very envious of you right now. *Kris crossing her arms and stomping her feet* OK, I’m back! Wow, how lucky.

And, um, why are you awake now? You work nites – go back to sleep!

Kris

“Frell that!”

PS, C, your motto? I love it. Party on!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:20 pm 
hey Kris,

most important now: what EXACTLY will flattery get me? *C suddenly starts staring off into space, emerged in deep thought, oblivious to the surroundings, a grin slowly spreading across her face ... catches herself - gotta type, yeah* - and Kris, Italy ain't that far from Romania, i never went to Venice ...

OCD sounds not so good anymore - but you get to check, and check and check again - btw check Amber thoroughly when Bev returns her (see my last post for details)!

i had a friend who had a neurotic cat whic she even called Electra (she also had issues with her kittenish brother...the cat had, god...) - anyway: paranoia, rage - there is such a thing/person as an animal therapist, you know, horse/cat whisperers, might help, but i personally love animals with personality if they don't maim and kill...

you were at the last con? and you're telling me now - bad Kris! please do e-mail them (cellistlover@yahoo.com) if it's not to much trouble of course. :)

C

PS: I don't agree: Bev should be up and she is and she should also skip doing those due things!!! i'm skiping sleep right now, do i complain? no ma'am.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:14 pm 
Okay, okay! jeeze, C, I'm back!! I had to go out for a while, On my days off I take private singing lessons...keeps my coice in shape for college and stuff in the fall. Anywho, yep, I swear, I am related to Poe, ooh, and William the COnquerer is my 25th great grandfather, kinda cool, huh? Shame I get none of the money...:( I agree with you about animals as well...personality makes them more lovable!! And We'll see about returning Amber safely...as for the *tick tick* I think that means there is an update due!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 60  Next