The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Relinquished Symmetry (Update: 12/23)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:57 pm 
3. Flaming O

Yeay!! I love this fic, I read it over the last hour at work and I swear I have NEVER resented customers the way I have today for interrupting fic-goodness. Please update soon :clap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:59 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Just wanted to stop quick by and express how much I love this story. Definitely a dark one. But you describe the longing they both feel for one another so well. Thanks and please update so.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:07 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

:applause :applause :applause

As always, I got caught up way too fast!!! RS is one of my favorites. So, with that said, I so can't wait to see more soon. I love it and hope to see more soon. Take care. Smiles. =)

"I've always believed it doesn't matter who you sleep with. What's important is how you treat people." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:24 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Whee! Okay
1. YAY!
2. Wow.
3. Great story thus far, at first i was like "what the hell? Oz is there?! she chose Oz?! This is crap..." then i was all "Wait.. that's against the rules, so I'll keep reading" cause i knew there had to be something more to it, and behold! there is more to it. My friend is mad at me... since i sat down and started reading this and he was trying to IM me...and I kinda...forgot about him. but the story was just too captivating to look at anything else.

the image in my mind of the big honking mayor statue first, was of a biiiig snake, and then i was all.. "no.. that can't be right.. nust regular old human looking mayor..." my question is.. how come he gets a statue and the Scoobies don't? if anyone deserves a statue in sunnydale it's them.

and why does trouble always always come up during smoochies? I never understood that.

I await eagerly for the nextest update, and i end this post here with:
:dance
isn't the stick figure just darling? dances better than i do.
-Dani

"Must be programmed to self-decrypt at a certain point... That is so annoying! It's like someone blurting out the answer to a riddle just when you've-- I mean Yippee! We have the information." Willow, Primeval

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:54 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Sorry to get anyone's hopes up, but I'm just tying up all this nice feedback. I haven't had too much time to write since I got all intern-y (don't worry...I won't become a productive member of society or anything). Thanks for the support.

Justin:
Quote:
I love the way you're showing Willow and Tara reconnecting with each other. Not too fast, but not too drawn out either.

Good to hear. I think that is a tricky line to tread sometimes. Thanks for stopping in, Justin.

Boadecia: Heehee...I hope you gave all those evil fic interrupting customers a resentful glare. I'm so glad you're enjoying.

sacinema: Well, I can't resist writing a dark story for some reason or the other, but I try to work in the level of the love they feel for each other despite the circumstances around them.

Tarababy77: Hi Aaron! Always good to hear from you. Maybe next time I can produce a longer update to keep you around a little longer...who knows? Take care of yourself.

ShallowLikeUs: Hi Dani...

1. Welcome!
2. Thanks.
3. Glad you stuck with it and found it captivating (hope your friend got over it). Heh. Yes, it was regular human mayor statue, although it is pretty funny to think of it as a big old snake too. Trouble kissus interruptus is a classic and I can't resist. Stick Figure Dancer is cute and I think pretty much all the emoticons can dance better than I do, but yes this one is particularly good. Thanks so much.

Well, I'll let you know when I can get my head into this one and start writing again. Until then.

~Cyd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:50 am 
10. Troll Hammer

i absolutely love this story! for a while i lost ahold of this story and was going to actually post a query on "looking for a fic thread" when i noticed RS on the first page and out of curiosity opened it, and when i started reading it, it was exactly the story i was looking for so yey!... heavenly intervention indeedy!

i've finally caught up with all parts and i absolutely am hooked! they're together so i'm very happy! but why does wes have to interrupt like that? hmmph!

anyways, hope you get inspired to continue with this story soon coz i can't wait for the next part!

again, fantastic story cyd! you got me hook, line and sinker! :lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:16 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 1
Hiya Cyd! I’m just a wee bit late on my feedback, but I can’t have my favorite author thinking I don’t care. :) Is that enough sucking up? Can I stop now?

When I first read this, I was actually really pissed off at you. I got to Tara’s “Goddess, we barely even talked before we…” and started frantically going back through past updates trying to figure out how in the hell I missed the sex scene. Then I had a moment of “Cyd is the meanest girl in the whole Kitten universe” moment when I thought you’d simply omitted one. Then I kept reading. Then I felt bad for poking all those needles in my Cyd voodoo doll. So um…how’s that spleen?

I love that Willow is getting her groove back and seeing the sunshineyness of that crazy thing called life, and I know she hasn’t been in the situation for awhile, but sheesh, write a girl a note when you leave her in your bed. She made up for it by springing into immediate action, assuaging Tara’s fears, and offering up PopTarts to boot. I’m more concerned with Tara’s reaction. She’s become so strong over her time away from Willow, but fell right into self-doubt (and Willow-doubt) when she woke up alone. That would imply a lack of trust still, and I’m sensing more angst ahead.

And who’s at the door? An angst-bearing Wesley! Stupid watchers and their lousy “oh, we have apocalyptic portents so no one gets to have their morning nookie” bad timing. *sigh* I know you’ve said this is on indefinite hold, and I can live with that, but I hope you’ll find the time and inclination to continue it someday.

-Cam

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:42 pm 
9. Gay Now

Hermitfish.

Hi. :wave

Well. Well. Well.

I just found a really great story hidden in the stacks (whispers real loud: "I think she's talkin' to YOU").

It's just that tonight I had a real bad yearning - so I was searchin' the kitten board for something good to read, and I just stumbled upon this here treat of a story.

Oh my god. What a yarn you have spun... I love, love , love it!'

I love how vulnerable and sweet everyone is and how even though they both have this kind of dark/dubious past behavior - it's all comming from a good place... plus the fact that they are just starting to get to the good lovin' part!

I sure would be interested to see what kind of matter is so very urgent that Wesley can't give our girls thier much deserved make up smoochies... :whistle

Any chance you might have an update to this fabulous story?

db

Post subject: Re: Relinquished Symmetry
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:59 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I love this story. I so wish there was an update. It's been months and months...does this mean this is the end?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:41 pm 

Greetings,

Some replies I have neglected (sorry)...

tarebear: Hi Cecile...so happy you are enjoying and thanks for stopping in.

tarawhipped: Hi-ya Cam...I'm just a wee bit late on replies so we'll call the sucking up even. I can't have my favorite reviewer slowly torture me with straight pins on the voodoo doll again. As usual you have an astute eye for character behavior and have already surmised that I am 'the meanest girl in the whole Kitten universe'. This means that I might reach into my patented bag of angst for a future update. We'll see. Thanks my friend (and happy late b-day also).

db: Hi and welcome...thank you for your kind words.

RainbowVanessa:
Quote:
I so wish there was an update. It's been months and months...does this mean this is the end?

I am not finished with the story and I do plan on completing it as time permits. I've had a very busy 6-7 months between starting a relationship, completing grad school, moving in with girl, renovating her 80 yr old house to sell, and, as of last week, moving 2000 miles to our new home. Whew. I think I have gained some writing time, which I've been missing, and I expect to have something that resembles an update in the near future. I thank you for your interest and patience.

~Cyd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:12 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

*faints*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:04 pm 
5. Willowhand

:whistle yup ive been waiting and i guess it has paid of. your going to be updating soon. glad to hear it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:44 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Christmas update maybe? I'd love to have you under my tree :-)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:54 am 
5. Willowhand

:wave well looky looky who has come out of hiding..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:39 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Please oh please oh please update again...
I love this story :-(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:20 pm 

[center]Relinquished Symmetry[/center]

Disclaimer: Many rich people own BTVS and its characters…I am not one of them.

Rating: R

Author’s Notes: This storyline takes everything up to halfway through New Moon Rising as the gospel. I have made a BIG change that may make some kittens ‘thwack’ me with a shovel…or, more appropriately, a sledgehammer. Also, some of the dynamics of Angel have been altered to suit me. This is an angsty piece.

Feedback: Of any sorts…sure. On the board is fine. No posting elsewhere without my consent.

[hr]

PART 25

Tara walked the suburbish streets of town looking for any sign of a summoning or gathering of demons. Willow was to her right, gliding as if she were on air. The dark cloud on her soul seemed to be slowly dissipating, and the bright sun left in its place was wonderfully remarkable. It was they way it should be for such a woman – she wasn’t made to be so cold, so off-putting.

No place like Sunnydale, Tara mused, watching a couple of lovers exit a house and enter a vehicle. Where else can I walk down the street with this behemoth and not even get a second glance? She clinched her fist around the machete tighter. She had retrieved it from Wesley’s trunk just before he headed off with a Scooby faction.

And where else but Sunnydale could snuggles be interrupted by demons and portals? More specifically, demons coming through energy focused portals. Stupid Sumerian texts.

It was the first time in nearly forever that Tara didn’t want to venture towards the fight.

The demons couldn’t wait one more damn day?

She turned to her right and Willow gave her the kind of smile that made her knees useless.

And where else can demon hunting be considered a date?

After an internal moment of warm humming, Tara took a deep breath and shook off the thought. She reached out to tightly hold onto Willow’s hand. She knew all too well that this wasn’t a date.

The stakes were much higher than that.

----------------------------------------------

Willow thought it strange to feel such ambivalence for the good fight as she walked the suburbish streets of town looking for any sign of a summoning or gathering of demons. Tara was to her left, walking with an effortless construction of grace and alertness.

Tara was so deep in concentration that she had missed Willow’s last two questions. She wasn’t offended – it was perfectly lovely to walk in silence. Willow had learned the value of silence; it was a gift that came with learning to live on her own for the first time. She also knew how remarkable it was to be with someone that she could watch the world go by with and not need to say a word.

Tara’s hand found hers shortly thereafter and it slapped a goofy smile on her face. Who needed words when given the softness of Tara-hand?

The minutes passed into an hour rather quickly, as they often do when simple content is present. Tara’s demeanor and focus were unyielding. It was impressive, for sure, but it sent Willow’s mind wondering as well.

How many nights have you spent on the hunt? I can see you now, stalking your prey…eliminating your bounty. This is what drives you; this is your passion.

This is how you have survived these last few years, isn’t it? In a sort of way, it is how I’ve survived too. Your life has given you truth and made you stronger. But I hope this hasn’t become all you know, my strong warrior. This life can consume you. I won’t let it consume you. I love the other you just as much. The one that doesn’t have to save the world. My sweet girl.

“Hey Tara…why don’t we go home?”

Tara scanned the ranch homes lining the street one last time. With no activity in the distance she nodded her consent and they began the return walk to downtown.

“I guess Wesley was off base about activity tonight,” Willow said with a good dose of happiness in her voice.

“He’s not often wrong, but it is hard to pin mystical convergences down to the day. Probably just means we have a few nights of surveillance.”

“Pity us,” Willow replied coyly as she slid her hand upwards and looped their arms together. Something Tara said twitched in the back of her distracted brain, but it quickly fled as Tara lightly squeezed her arm closer.

“Yeah,” Tara replied, her eyes softening. A shy half-smile soon appeared on her face.

There you are, my sweet girl.

Wesley, Oz, and Xander finished off the last of the vampires on the campus green with a mix of arrows, stakes, and balloons filled with holy water. For the last fifteen minutes it had seemed an endless onslaught, vampire after vampire appearing as quickly as they could be dusted. At least Wesley knew he had found the true prophesy – they arrived minutes after the prediction to find this foul situation.

“I’ve never seen Sunnydale U so baddie heavy,” Xander said as he wiped his brow with the sleeve of his torn flannel shirt.

“It’s as if this building is a beacon to the netherworld. Do you know what it is?” Wesley asked as he looked at the backside of the brick building. He began to walk around and investigate.

“Tara’s old dorm,” Oz replied, looking directly towards the room in question.

Wesley stopped in his tracks, not liking the sound of that answer one bit.

Tara and Willow returned to Scarlet Laboratories to discover they had missed the fighting because it was already in progress here. The sounds of the Slayer could be heard in the distance as the pair armed themselves once more. Tara tried to calculate how many demons were in the area – fifty was a conservative number. So many were in attendance, in fact, that the larger, more dominant species were removing the smaller ones in their way. None of them had notice the arrival of newcomers. Instead, they were fiercely clawing at the laboratory. The security system had kept them out so far.

“Well if I knew the action was coming to us, I would’ve hung up my hiking boots earlier.” Tara quipped as a thought suddenly crossed her mind.

Why would they converge here?

Tara then quickly sensed that Willow’s mind was grappling for a fire spell subconsciously. Tara placed a hand inside hers once more. She squeezed it once…then again. Willow caught on. On the third squeeze a wall of flames pushed towards the monsters in the distance. When the blinding light ceased, there were only remains in the distance. The building stood tall and unscathed.

“Holy fuck.” Tara uttered. Willow could only stare at their tightly entwined hands in a silent shock.

Buffy then appeared from around the corner of the lab. Her hair, white baby doll t-shirt, and dark jeans were heavily spattered in various kinds of dust and goo. Tara would’ve laughed if not for the look in the slayer’s eyes.

“What the hell did you do, Willow?”

Last edited by hermitfish on Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:29 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hiya, Cyd.

Wow. Way to get us reeled right back into the action. Hmm...evil converging on Tara's old dorm AND Willow's lab? Could it be that the prophesy has something to do with our favorite witches?

Quote:
"Holy fuck.” Tara uttered. Willow could only stare at their tightly entwined hands in a silent shock.

Hmm...seems Willow is a bit out of practice in regulating her power, eh? Or, at least that how it feels to me. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Thanks for diving back into this story.

Michelle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:36 pm 
5. Willowhand

An update? Score!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:11 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Cyd - What a great update. I love your brevity here and of course the wit as the girls were questioning what kind of date this is and where else you can walk down the street with a machete. So something is converging on W/T? Not good news but so well written. I love your econony of wording.

Thanks for the udpate.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:20 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Cyd!!

Oh my goodness Cyd, wonder never cease, do they? You are back in the fold. Welcome back!

All I can say for now is thank you for coming back and picking this up. I've missed the story and your wonderful, and dare I say, gifted writing. It's really good to see you're back, now break our hearts woman, and be quick about it! Or more apropos thanks for updating and update soon pretty please.

Thy humble and ever faithful fan/reader/worshiper/you name it,

Safuega

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:02 pm 
19. Yummy Face

An update! An exciting one at that!

What is going on with all of the baddies?

I am hoping we will find out soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:59 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Yay! A update! at last. Love this story still. Though there's many questions without answer yet. Keep it up and update soon. Great work

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:30 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

OMG... OMG.... OMG.....an UPDATE! :thud

*recovers* Wow, that was great, marvelous, amazingly wonderful. :luv (okay, I realize I'm gushing... but can you blame me?? I've been waiting for an update for this fic for AGES... AGES UPON AGES.... and now it is finally here... :sheep and *happy sigh* my life is complete )

Okay, so less gushing and more feedbacking. right.

I really like willow and Tara's dynamic in this update. Willow seems softer somehow, and when they held hands I was all :luv and :happycry (wait... I'm gushing again... :blush )

They had a nice little bonding moment but I was glad when they decided to call it a night... 'cos I was envisioning that even more bonding would occur once they got back to Willow's place. but the bonding turned into fire-y hand holding (which I'm not complaining about, mind you ) *happy sigh*

(okay, I'm getting the feeling that this "gushing" thing could go on for a while, so I'll just sum it on up short version style. )

Babble, babble, babble. GUSH. Babble, babble babble. FAINT. Babble. GUSH. Babble. THUD.

:tooth

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:02 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Wonderful. Another update to one of my favourites. Thank you very much. I really appreciate that you didn't abandon this story. But I have to admit that I had problems coming back into the story. I totally get what's going on between our favourite witches. But I have to reread the story to get to the main scary demon point. And now they want something in Tara's dorm. What could it be? We will see. And now that you are back, I hope we don't have to wait too long.

By the way brilliant how you discribed the relationship thought's of both of them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:04 pm 
9. Gay Now

Cydlet! It does my heart good to see you writing again, and for it to be this story is just the icing on the cake.

It's worrying that the baddies are converging on those particular locations: Tara's dorm room, where they did the mystical whoozywhatsit to rebalance their powers, and Scarlet Labs (hehehe...I can hear Dr. Bunsen Honeydew saying that), where they reconnected in other, sweatier ways. I know they need to do some research, and have a Scooby meeting, and hose down Buffy, but can they just skip it? Can they just be kissing now?

Thanks for coming back to this, and I hope you're able to continue soon.

Big hugs for you and the missus-
Cam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:38 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

oh man. oh oh man.

It's like Christmas all over again with so many returning fics. And to top it off, a succulent, whipped creamy (thought, actually I don't like whipped cream), yodel-worthy RS update.

I remember (okay, I didn't remember all of it, I re-read the last 2 chapters) when we last left the wonder witchy lesbians, they'd just made a sky-full of stars, had a blissful physical reunion and had their breakfast in bed rudely interrupted by Wesley. And now, they're out strolling around the Sunnydale streets looking for demons. I like how they were both thinking similar thoughts, it's warming ... that they got back to their groove so readily.
Quote:
She also knew how remarkable it was to be with someone that she could watch the world go by with and not need to say a word.

Companionable silence too, is a wonderful connection to have with someone. More so than having common topics to converse about.

The prophecy and demons converging onto places that are connected to one or the other of them is ... worrying but in the scheme of hellmouth occurrences, hardly surprising. Willow unleashed some kickass power spell, didn't she? Intrigued now.

[br]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:19 am 

Thanks for the feedback. Here's a dose of replies:

mole: Hiya Michelle.

Quote:
Could it be that the prophesy has something to do with our favorite witches?

Maaaaaaybe.

And in other news, Willow is now willing to attempt magic...she's just not prepared for the whole experience yet. Thanks for coming back and reading.

PancakesinBellies: Yes, yay update.

JustSkipIt: Hi Debra...yeah, a lot of internal on W/T's part in this update. Just needed to do a bit of pov from each to get everyone back into it. I thought that it was a little short, even accounting for my normal brevity, but I had to transition to the next event and it just didn't seem to need more. Thanks, Debra.

Safuega: Glad to see one of my favorite faithful fan/reader/worshipers is still around!

Quote:
now break our hearts woman, and be quick about it!

LOL

And wow, you're still really conditioned, aren't you? That's probably for the best. Thanks for stoppin' in, Safuega.

The Rose24: We'll figure out what is going on with the baddies in the next 1-2 updates...no problem. Glad you like the update.

viximon: Hi...another friendly face...hooray. Hopefully updates will be more plentiful in the coming future. Thanks.

Emms: Hi-ya Emmy...the dynamic between the dynamic duo should be getting a little less bad frictiony. Um, it also sounds like I broke you. Sorry about that. :P

sacinema: It has been over a year since this has been in regular rotation so feeling disconnected is not a surprise. All I can say is that it isn't extremely necessary to remember too much of the demony stuff. It will shape up soon enough. Thanks.

tarawhipped: Mmmmm...icing....mmm....cake. What the heck was I thinking about?

Oh yeah...one of these days I should just write an update where they have wild monkey sex and not so much drama fluttering about. It just won't be the next update. How about we pencil it in for the one after that?

Huggies for you and the missus too...um just not the diapers, unless that's what you need these days, old lady. :P

watty:

Mmmmm....whipped cream...grrrr...you peoples are making me hungry!

It's okay...I had to have a refresher because I didn't remember all of it either. No worries. I don't think that what is going on is all that surprising as well...it's hardly a new development that bad stuff revolves around the Scoobies. Where I'm going with this is less about the baddies, actually. Thanks wattyboss.

Well, I'm planning on mostly staying in today and writing due to soreness. So perhaps my pain is your gain. Woo.

~Cyd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:05 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

The epic Cyd wrote:

Quote:
you're still really conditioned, aren't you?

I'd like to think of myself more as a creature of habit. A subtle difference I know, but a difference nonetheless ;-)

In my last post I neglected to say anything about the story. Pardon my manners but this working all the time just sucks. Anyway, I thought you did a pretty good job of transitioning and moving the story along. Not too much, not too little, just enough to catch us up with the story post-sabbatical.

There was not much in this is update to gage the tone the fict is taking form now on. I thought you changed it when you had them fall into bed so quickly but it's hard to tell where it's going with this update. I'm curious because the tone before was so heartbreaking and now it's like we have broken past the surface of the water and we can breathe again, but I'm not sure exactly how well we are breathing, if that makes any sense.

As for why would the monsters converge at Willow's, well, could it be because one of the most powerful witches this side of the known universe all of a sudden feels like flexing her magical muscle and is now aided by an equally powerful witchy friend? Maybe, maybe not, but I'm willing to bet my monthly salary (no small sum, I might add) that the story is heading in that direction or thereabouts.

There, I've left cogent feedback.

Pavlov's dog,

Safuega

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:14 am 
8. Vixen

I know I'm late to join the feedback wagon, but better late than never, right?
On that note:

YAY! YOU UPDATED! :party

And it's so cool 'cause I had been talking to watty for a while now about the likelihood of RS being updated. Of course, she said that it was no use to beg you for it. You're just too cool for that. ;-)

Topic:

You're right. It was a little short, even for your normal brevity, but it totally works as transition (providing you're planning on moving on to the next events soon -- and yes that was more of a question than a statement).

I love this fic. And I'm glad and grateful that you found time to update it. Thanks, Cyd. I'll be waiting for the next part.

K.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:46 pm 

Safuega: Woo hoo more feedbacky goodness. And now it's feedback for the story, huh? Perish the thought. :P

I think the tone is evolving with attitude change and realization of the characters. I couldn't really continue making it as dark and confrontational as it was and still work in a love story rekindling too. Well, I guess I could, but it would probably suck. So I am going for less sucky. Somewhere in that range. So, thanks...from one habitual creature to another.

Kaia: I think all boarding passes are accepted on the feedback wagon so you're a-ok, late or no. The almighty watty says I'm too cool for begging? Clearly she hasn't talked to the missus in a while. Begging work wonders for making me do stuff I don't wanna. So beg away if you want.

Anyway, glad that it worked as a transition for you and I'm very happy you like the story.

And, oh yeah, the wait for update will be short because it is next.

~Cyd

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next