The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Fearful Symmetry (Trek uber-fic) UPDATED 9/3/10
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:00 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
Zampsa1975 wrote:
Yay for great update-y goodness... I hope that they now have a good chance to kick bad guy ass now that old Captain Cumberland is with them...

I certainly hope so, too. He is pretty good...

edob wrote:
yay, thanks for the up-date...

You're welcome. Nice to see new faces keeping up with the story.

Boy, two updates in one year...I'm on a roll!

Last edited by CaptMurdock on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:44 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great story. This is the first I've replied to this thread since I'm new (relatively speaking; I started coming here once 'Through the Looking Glass' stopped updating.) However, I can assure you that I would have replied if I knew this existed.

It always amazes me how Buffy can be put in so many other universes and still fit. Authors for other shows don't even seem to try (I try to picture Charmed or Smallville in uber, even just contemporary, and I get a headache). I am a Star Trek fan (Though not hard core; I started with Xindi-Enterprise and have seen maybe half of each of the other series, though not TOS, through re-runs) This is one fic where I enjoy reading the comments to get references.

I have to tell you that I knew the Old Man was Willow's old captain ever since his first memory of meeting her. It's probably because I started 'Equilibration' on Sunday so it's fresh in my mind. Still, I didn't see anybody else rereading it to get hints. :p

Hopefully I won't have to wait another year for an update.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:59 pm 

BuffyFan4ever wrote:
Great story. This is the first I've replied to this thread since I'm new (relatively speaking; I started coming here once 'Through the Looking Glass' stopped updating.) However, I can assure you that I would have replied if I knew this existed.

It always amazes me how Buffy can be put in so many other universes and still fit. Authors for other shows don't even seem to try (I try to picture Charmed or Smallville in uber, even just contemporary, and I get a headache). I am a Star Trek fan (Though not hard core; I started with Xindi-Enterprise and have seen maybe half of each of the other series, though not TOS, through re-runs) This is one fic where I enjoy reading the comments to get references.

I still am surprised that the Buffy/Trek crossover has worked as well as it does. I'm especially glad it appeals to non-Trekkers as well as hardcore Trekkies (such as myself, from the age of seven).
Quote:
I have to tell you that I knew the Old Man was Willow's old captain ever since his first memory of meeting her. It's probably because I started 'Equilibration' on Sunday so it's fresh in my mind. Still, I didn't see anybody else rereading it to get hints.

Heh. I tried to make it so anybody who read this story and the previous one would guess it was Cumberland.
Quote:
Hopefully I won't have to wait another year for an update.
I'll try.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:16 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Fantastic! Always very happy to see an update to this particular fic. Thanks for all your work, Guess that Tara & Gunn should have remembered that there's nothing like getting your ass kicked to make your ass hurt!

Flinching at your name....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:59 pm 

Dreamer wrote:
Fantastic! Always very happy to see an update to this particular fic. Thanks for all your work, Guess that Tara & Gunn should have remembered that there's nothing like getting your ass kicked to make your ass hurt!

In Tara's case, it's landing on your ass that causes it to hurt!

Thanks for the kind words.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:43 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
Oh wow this is such a brilliant fic. I so enjoyed Equilibration, what a fantastic melding of the Buffy characters and Trek, anad the way that the Guardian of Forever was used and the mysterious background to Captain Murdoch aka Ozymandias, and how much does Dr. Deveraux know about Murdochs background.

Please tell us that you're going to complete this fic cos I really want to know what's going to happen next. And then maybe a futre storty with the BOrg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:27 pm 

willowtaralover wrote:
Oh wow this is such a brilliant fic. I so enjoyed Equilibration, what a fantastic melding of the Buffy characters and Trek, anad the way that the Guardian of Forever was used and the mysterious background to Captain Murdoch aka Ozymandias, and how much does Dr. Deveraux know about Murdochs background.

I think it's safe to say that Dr. Deveraux, not only in his capacity as ship's counselor but also as the captain's friend, knows most of the highlights of Murdock's life. Of course, there are a lot of details that neither Deveraux, DaKar, or even Francisco Cumberland know about. Murdock's past is...well, complicated.

Quote:
Please tell us that you're going to complete this fic cos I really want to know what's going to happen next. And then maybe a futre storty with the BOrg

The Borg?? Oh, you're killing me. I actually do have future stories planned, one which will address exactly where and when Murdock met Willow and Tara before...

Thanks for the feedback!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:46 am 
8. Vixen

Could you at least let us know when you plan to update, the lack of new Fearful Symmetry chapters is killing me (not literally of course), but I wanna see Willow explaining to Capt Cumberland how she wound up in the 24th century, where is Faraday hiding? All these questions and more only you can answer please pretty please (flutters eyelashes in a feminine fashion, which is hard when you're a male)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:08 am 

willowtaralover wrote:
Could you at least let us know when you plan to update,

I'm not making cheese sandwiches here! I'm one of those writers who has to wait for the characters to tell me what happened and then write it down. I don't "make anything up." It's all there and you just have to find it.

Quote:
the lack of new Fearful Symmetry chapters is killing me (not literally of course), but I wanna see Willow explaining to Capt Cumberland how she wound up in the 24th century, where is Faraday hiding? All these questions and more only you can answer please pretty please (flutters eyelashes in a feminine fashion, which is hard when you're a male)

That stuff will get you nowhere with me; I'm a married man. OTOH, small unmarked bills in a plain white envelope work wonders.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:55 pm 
3. Flaming O

Hey. So I read all of Equilibration last night, went to bed at 4am and then started on this fic today. Really it is so awesome. I was alwasy a Trek fan, thought not as much as you obviously ad had to look up a few things on the Trek wiki) but I'm absolutely in love with the whole Trek/Buffy crossover. I was reading some of the comments from years ago in the Equilibration thread and while some people bemoaned the lack of W/T in chapters I loved it, loved the well crafted world you'd brought to us and loved the other crew members. Like the best storytellers you've really given us an ensemble cast to care about.

I am in love with the idea of Willow and Tara as Starfleet officers and you've given such great depth to all of the characters here entwined that I would read just to get to the end of their mysteries let alone the W/T goodness you keep bringing forth.

I think what I like best about your Willow and Tara is that they have seaprate callings, separate motivations and the interpersonal challenges that crop up in all intense relationships. I'd much rather this, a hard won happy ending, than an easy ride. That their relationship is a lot of the time a sidebar to the main story just makes it better in my opinion. We get to see much more of the characters when they aren't just going through the average relationship stages that make up the main story arc in other fics. A number of my other favourite fics follow the same pattern; W/T love in the face of adventure, thrilling plots and great secondary characters.

Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to an update soon. This is by far one of the best fic around at the moment and I can't believe its taken me this long to read it all.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:53 pm 

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I'm glad you are enjoying the story. I will endeavor to update it soon.

Take care!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:51 am 
8. Vixen

Hi Cap, Yeah it's me again but this time I'm writing as a felloe author and wondering how hard do you find it when writing certain chapters. I'm currently writing chapter 5 of my latest story Red Rosenberg, a pirate adventure, but am finding it hard with the battle scenes, I have two in the chapter. A bar brawl and a sea battle but they are both so hard to write as I don't want to rush the fights but at the same time I want to be able to get on with chapter 6 as well. Do you ever have similar problems with your fiction. I know you haven't added anything to Fearful Symmetry for a while so wondered if this can be a problem when you're writing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:49 pm 

willowtaralover wrote:
Hi Cap, Yeah it's me again but this time I'm writing as a felloe author and wondering how hard do you find it when writing certain chapters. I'm currently writing chapter 5 of my latest story Red Rosenberg, a pirate adventure, but am finding it hard with the battle scenes, I have two in the chapter. A bar brawl and a sea battle but they are both so hard to write as I don't want to rush the fights but at the same time I want to be able to get on with chapter 6 as well. Do you ever have similar problems with your fiction. I know you haven't added anything to Fearful Symmetry for a while so wondered if this can be a problem when you're writing.

Mmmm...now there's a hard question. Mainly the problems I have with writing are:
    Finding the time on the computer;
    Not getting buried in various web pages and social media;
    Having the energy to really get into it.
I tend to plot out a lot of the stuff in my head; again the hard part is putting it into the computer. And, as you yourself knows, it's always a struggle between being sufficiently descriptive and taking too damn long to get to the next chapter. When I have that one down pat, I'll let you know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6