The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
 Post subject: Re: New Fic - Neverland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:32 am 
2. Floating Rose

I almost had a full emotional breakdown at work when I received the email notification and entered to see that you had updated. I resumed to only crying with joy tho, which was equally weird to my boss, but I was on my break and she didn't say anything. I could only read your fee-feedbacks, not the actual update yesterday, but I just did it now and...

This is such an unexpected gift from heavens, I can't even... Thank you. So unexpected. Thank you for this update, and thank you for your kind words re: my long ass overly excited comments. I'm so glad to know you're doing okay and that you're trying to finish it ^^

You were right, this was definitely faster, but so familiar... It's like meeting an old friend and realizing they're different, and that it's okay, they've grown and are at a different time of their life. This was good, comfy and new, it's so good to read you again! I absolutely love Neverland and I'm excited to see where it goes! We have a lot to read and discover and I'm full on aboard!! Kudos!! :applause

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:13 am 
3. Flaming O

Oh wow, a miracle happened, thank god!
I have no time to actually read this update now because my lunchbreak is over but now I'm really looking forward to the trainride home!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:00 am 
9. Gay Now

Awesome update-y goodness... I really like their little interactions...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:05 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 4
NEVERLAND IS BACK ???!!!!!!!???? :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce Yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to add actual feedback: this was so lovely. The aftermath of bold choices and truth. I love that Tara was nervous to kiss Willow in the morning. How do you grasp a dream coming true? Well, with hot sex, but still this is now the new beginning. And Tara is right that Willow and she both have some hard things to deal with, but at least now they are dealing with the truth, and doing it knowing they have each other. The paintings being sent away was so bittersweet, we saw Tara pour her heart into those but she doesnt need the questioning, the doubts and angst any more. I cannot wait to read what she paints within the certainty of love. I am so happy you are back to writing this Easier Said!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:42 pm 
3. Flaming O

I am still absolutely thrilled about this newest chapter! After more than 5 years since the last update I really feared you had abandoned your story this time. Now I have trust again that you will always find back to it (just as Willow and Tara will always find each other). So you hope you'll finish this gem before your boys go to college? I hope they don't still go to elementary school right now, lol.

For me the chapter didn't feel rushed at all, just perfect as ever. Although...
Quote:
It was different once they were back in Tara’s bed, their hands more sure than they had been the night before, their smiles more shy in the light of the day. It was different making love in the gray morning light, different now that they had done it before. They lingered together for a while after Willow came, after Tara came, until Tara glanced at the clock and stole away from bed with an apologetic half smile, Willow weakly teasing her from her boneless, prone position about buying all of the blonde’s paintings so she wouldn’t have to leave her side.

… feel free to give more detail to that kind of scene the next time... :wink

I loved how you captured the feelings of both our girls this first day as brand new girlfriends, the little moments of "can that really be true, it's not a dream this time?"

These parts stood out for me:

Quote:
“Nothing,” Tara said embarrassed as she shook her head. “I just. I want to kiss you.”

“Yay me,” Willow said and Tara blushed. When Tara didn’t move toward her, Willow’s brow quirked. “Tara, you don’t have to ask.”

“I know,” Tara nodded, her face saying otherwise. “I mean. It just. It hasn’t really sunk in all the way, you know?”

Quote:
“Go,” Tara said. “I’ll be here.”

It was a simple phrase, but Willow marveled at it. “Yeah,” she said, a soft smile pulling on her lips. “Okay.”

Both enjoying the new intimacy in everyday things like the breakfast with pancakes and watching spongebob together warmed my heart.
That same heart ached for Willow yearning for a sign from Buffy and her mom.
I have a hunch that Buffy will call or even show up personally at Tara's home while Willow is over at Khalil, I'm curious if I'm right.

One thing puzzled me: Tara obviously having 4 paintings now for the LA-show. I only remember 3 ("neon choir", the fire/frost painting and the fog (+ a hint of Willow's hand?)-painting. When Tara started painting "your hand in mine" she still was one painting short for the LA-show, as I recall - so when did she create painting No. 4?
Did she in a sudden strike of artistical genius transform the canvas with Willow's eyecolour into a complete painting before Willow got out of bed in this chapter?
These sentences don't really hint at something like that, though:

Quote:
Tara stood for a long time looking at her work, the wood floor’s chill seeping into her skin. She wouldn’t default with Marissa. She had set up the appointment for the movers last week—the shipping company would be here that afternoon to collect the paintings for the Los Angeles show—and that would be that. She looked at the paintings again and made peace with her decision.

The mistery of the 4th painting will keep nagging me, I'm sure - was it mentioned before and I totally forgot about it? I'll probably end up rereading the whole story - which isn't a bad thing at all!

Thank you again for the gift of this new chapter! :bow Please don't let us wait another 5 years for the next one, okay? :pray :kiss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:10 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 4
The update was lovely. Simple, domestic, a nice way of seeing them settle into a life together. Looking forward to hearing about Buffy & Xander's much-needed debriefing session

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:08 am 
3. Flaming O

Wow! And, as always, worth the wait!♥️♥️♥️♥️

Young and Gorgeous -
now I'm just
'and'.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:28 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Heather, I'm so glad you're back! Life has a way of turning our....well...lives upside down, but our girls always bring us back huh? I loved your disclaimer about the difference in your writing. It's not at all distracting and I think that it fits perfectly with how things between Willow and Tara have shifted.
Their interaction the morning after was beautiful and so true to their characters. It melted my heart when Tara was so shy about wanting to kiss Willow... Then there was the Tara who (broke my mind for a solid minute with the hotness) boldly half undressed Willow and pinned her up against a wall :luv Her thought process right before... Willow's bravery, the devilish look, her own apprehension and then the *spark* like a light switch. Her realization that Willow wants her just as much and that she has the absolute ability to be bold with her. We all know how amazing it feels to have a partner be so open and sexy, knowing that that energy is directed soley at you. Sometimes it just takes a couple extra beats to realize that you have that ability too. Just one of the 1000 reasons why I feel so connected to Tara, especially as you've written her.
Thank you so much for continuing to write this incredible story. I can undoubtedly assure you that your story will continue to be read (and read again and again :bow ) I can't wait for Willow to see the incredible painting that Tara created at the height of her grief. I've been lucky enough to see it in my dreams a couple times, but I know it's more incredible than I could possibly imagine.

P.S- I'm glad my name makes you smile. May the forest be with you (insert tree from Endor here) :-D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:44 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

What.... is.... THIS.... MAAAAAAAAGGGGIIIIICCCCCC wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :kgeek :wtkiss :clap :applause :banana :eatme :bounce :bigwave :dumbo :fallen :buried :clap :flower :flower :flower :glasses :wtkiss :wtkiss :kdevil :kgeek :grin :heart :drool :kiss1

It took me a couple of days to even figure out how to get back to the board and login it's been that long that I've checked in. It's lovely to see this update, but it's also lovely to see all the other kittens reading and posting. Do I have to leave the mainland every month for updates? :sighagain :sigh :bigwave :laugh :kitty

I'm so proud of you for updating. I know you will finish and I know it will be amazing. The update was wonderful - sexy & sweet with a little bit of melancholy for Tara in letting her paintings go and Willow for angst-ing over Buffy & her Mom. I don't think I can tell you enough how amazing of a writer you are and how you make it seem effortless to pick up their story after all this time.

Thank you for giving us this gift to read, while also being an amazing mom and wife and all the many other things you do in your life. Love you so much. xoxoxoxooxox :flower :kiss :kiss :wtkiss ^pips

"We live our lives, do whatever we do, and then we sleep - it's as simple and ordinary as that."
Michael Cunningham, The Hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:05 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
So happy that someone sent out a ‘bat signal’ and I could read this update. Similarly to many others, I needed to go back a few submissions to get back in the swing of things. This is one of my favorite stories and I periodically think about when you will repost. I may jump on your coattails and update Meeting Expectations, as well as, catch up on the most recent posting.
Thanks,

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:51 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
What is happening on this board? Wow! Ok...wow.

And now that I finished collating my taxes I'll have time to read.

Wow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:40 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 3
Shame on me for only checking in to see what's going on in the It's Just Thursday, MKF! thread (the bestest of all threads). Neverland was updated TEN DAYS AGO??

EasierSaid, if you'd posted this on April 1st no one would've believed it was a real update. SO glad just to see you again!

Anywhere else this would sound stupid, but I think there are many here who will understand this ... I CAN'T read this update right now. I just can't. I want to go back to the beginning, read it all again, pretend like I'm a Neverland virgin. The lights have to be down, I need my favorite drink, everyone else needs to be in bed. Maybe it takes a few nights. No problem. It's important to do it right.

There was even a particular tea I used to drink back when I first started reading this story ... I don't remember what it was, but I can remember the smell. I wonder if I could find it again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:37 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Oh
My
Goddess

I can’t believe my eyes. For years, I’ve longed for the next chapter in this story. It’s a real shame that my email notifications stopped working, because I should have read this 13 days ago!!

I’ve been checking for updates nearly monthly, juuuuuuuust in case. And this time, it happened.

I just hope you know - you still have plenty of fans. A few years ago, I finally found a good copy of “Tule Fog” (which is actually hanging up on my wall right now,) posted about it on my tumblr, and someone else read my vague post, knew what the heck it was in reference to, and I got to get them a copy of the song too!
In the time since the last update, I played “Your Hand in Mine” at a close friend’s wedding, I hung up Christmas lights on my wall to recreate the magical feel I get when I read those quiet Willow room scenes... I’ve re-watched Buffy and re-read Neverland more times than I could legitimately count - I’ve more than once described this fic as the best thing I’ve ever read.

So this might come off real strong, in which case SORRY TO BE A WEIRDO - I am just so, so, immeasurably excited that this story, a story that’s influenced my life in so many ways that I hadn’t really realized until pretty much now... is back. So thank you, EasierSaid. With all my heart, thank you for taking time out of your life to continue writing this. This update has made my day.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:34 am 
8. Vixen

Wow :banana :banana
For some reason I don't receive update notifications anymore. I am currently reading a Buffy / Once upon a Time crossover on AO3 which made me think of Neverland today. I've always come back over the years to check whether you had updated. What an amazing surprise! It's totally okay that life got in the way and that (you think) your writing style has changed. I think it's still top notch! Can't believe you have the story outlined till the end and that you already have written the final scene :banana that makes me super happy. I don't care how long it takes, you just go at your own pace. As you can see, we are still here.
Reading this update made me feel like coming home. Everything is still so vivid in my mind. I don't think another story has ever captured me the way Neverland has. Willow and Tara feel like old friends. I can't wait to see how things play out with Buffy, in regards to WT but also to Xander.
:wtkiss

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:24 am 
2. Floating Rose

Holy crap! How did I miss this update? A wonderful and realistic morning after where everything has changed but daily life, work and worries still need to happen. It truly warms my heart that this amazing story has a future.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:09 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

OMG!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Why didn't I get an email notification that Neverland was updated?? I came here by sheer wishful thinking, but boy was I glad to find you had updated!! Nearly fell off my chair!!!

Thank you so much for coming back to this story! However long it takes for it to be finished, I'll be here (and finished or not finished, this is still the number one fic of my heart).

As for you being a worse writer your 20/30s and "too many words. Way too many words", I've gotta say, having read and re-read Neverland more than I'd care to admit, that never bothered me at all, I've always loved the level of detail you put into this story! :)
But if your writing style has changed (and indeed, it did feel a little different to me), I say go for it. Honestly, if you decided to finish this fic in Chinese, I'd start taking Chinese lessons... :bow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112